View Full Version : DUBLIN - 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

stab3.5up
5th Mar 2012, 22:04
Would make perfevt sense. did sas npt have some link witrh spanair

racedo
5th Mar 2012, 23:21
Would make perfevt sense. did sas npt have some link witrh spanair

Yes but they had written down the value of their stake to zero and wanted nothing more to do with it for last number of years.

Barling Magna
6th Mar 2012, 08:32
This newly announced service by Aer Lingus Regional should be a winner, even in these difficult times. The three flights per day will offer people in south east Essex (and there's over a million of them) the benefit of new U.S. Customs and Immigration pre-clearance facilities at Dublin Airport, allowing them to arrive in the US as domestic passengers, saving valuable time and hassle on arrival. Providing the fares are competitive this should stop a lot of journeys around the M25 to LHR..... And Dublin is a beautiful city to visit of course.

Southend also offers a rapid transit through its terminal to its new railway station and a rapid trip into central London, so it should be an attractive destination for Irish travellers also - again, provided the fares are competitive.

stab3.5up
7th Mar 2012, 10:57
I think sen could be a gold mine of a route. i wouldnt be surprised to see some rotations upgraded to 320's. I would think that ei may not have this route all to themselves for very long.

JSCL
7th Mar 2012, 11:15
stab3.5up, for the long term, I agree. But not in the short term.

3x ATR 42 to establish the route, which will no doubt be worth upgrading to 3x ATR 72 some 3-6 months later. Then, in maybe 12 months, I can see the A319 as it filters in to EI's fleet being worthwhile on the route.

7th Mar 2012, 11:32
I'm not sure I can see Southend being that much of a goldmine in itself. Its catchment isn't any greater than a number of other destinations that don't exactly have great service from Dublin.

What they do have though is the only flight from Southend that will connect you onto long-haul. And with no transatlantic from Stansted, with Heathrow and Gatwick a decent distance away, that could mean the yields are very good on Southend-originating pax. However, I don't see that meaning exceptionally large numbers that would justify transfering the route to an A319/320.

racedo
7th Mar 2012, 13:59
And with no transatlantic from Stansted, with Heathrow and Gatwick a decent distance away, that could mean the yields are very good on Southend-originating pax.

There is the Stn - Ams / Dub etc option for transatlantic plus others so not convinced there will ever be that level of demand from Southend.

stab3.5up
7th Mar 2012, 15:56
Anything that avoids ryanair and is as a cheap alternative to london the hell hole that is lhr gets my vote!

EI-A330-300
7th Mar 2012, 18:33
Mitsubishi aircraft leasing base for Dublin - The Irish Times - Wed, Mar 07, 2012 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0307/1224312914478.html)

stab3.5up
8th Mar 2012, 03:37
Will keep the plane spotters happy

Cyrano
8th Mar 2012, 07:14
Will keep the plane spotters happy

:confused: it's a leasing company, just like the dozens of others that are based in the IFSC and around Dublin (and Shannon). It's a small bit of good news for the economy, but has nothing at all to do with movements at Dublin Airport.

stab3.5up
8th Mar 2012, 14:44
I stand corrected but i think the leasing companies thst put aircraft on to ei register bring them into dub now and then esp if they getting refregistered. is that not why all the spainairs are in dub

jamesie_version1
11th Mar 2012, 20:20
Any word on QI coming back for the BLL route this summer? Can't see it mentioned on their website...

Jamie2k9
12th Mar 2012, 00:52
Strategic Airlines planned flights to LCA have being cancelled, not know if another carrier will take over the flights.

Any word on QI coming back for the BLL route this summer? Can't see it mentioned on their website...

They won't be back.

stab3.5up
12th Mar 2012, 13:03
Tom basing second 737 in dub for summer so msybe thats doing the strstegic flights

Jamie2k9
12th Mar 2012, 23:57
The second Thomson aircraft will be replacing Hoilday Czech Airlines flights and some Europe Airpost flights.

Sunway will now just be using Thomson's regular flight on Sundays.

stab3.5up
13th Mar 2012, 17:09
Thats v interesting. i thought sunway used ei for holidays

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Mar 2012, 17:29
They do for most of there hoildays.

G-CLAW
13th Mar 2012, 23:23
A quick question, folks.

Could someone tell me which Handling Agent Emirates use in DUB?

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Mar 2012, 00:03
Servisair I think

G-CLAW
14th Mar 2012, 01:01
Thanks, EI-EIDW...

DannyKelly22
14th Mar 2012, 11:03
They deffo use servisair for the ramp ops, origionally they planned to handle themselves apart from ramp, I know this for a fact as I applied for the job but apparently they got an offer they couldnt refuse for servisair to handle all aspects. AS far as i know anyway.

stab3.5up
14th Mar 2012, 13:26
Im not sure thats entirely the case as ek would need to apply for a ground handling licence

DannyKelly22
14th Mar 2012, 18:23
I know they were definately going to handle check in aspects themselves as I was invited to interview for pax agent supervisor then they dropped the positions citing they had decided to go with a handling agent.

stab3.5up
15th Mar 2012, 12:02
Can i just ask as im sure someone will know. Are we are were we are niw with the summer plans or is there any outstanding routes etc to be announcef ir is what is common knowledge out there more are less the final runningorder for the summer??

ericlday
15th Mar 2012, 14:20
'Are we are were we are niw' whats that in English please ?

DollarBill
15th Mar 2012, 16:58
With the Summer schedule for most operators starting April/May I can't see anyone decided any new routes in the next few days/weeks.

I think he mean to type "where are we now" in regards to the summer schedule.

stab3.5up
15th Mar 2012, 18:27
I guessed as much that what is in place now is more or less what we will see this summer

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Mar 2012, 20:23
Air France have being operating flights with there A319/320/321 over the last few days. Any reason or is it just for the weekend that was in it.

Noxegon
18th Mar 2012, 21:46
God, it'd be so nice to see the back of those awful Avros...

stab3.5up
18th Mar 2012, 23:26
I wud guess its no more than the weekend that it was. i dont think there was any reason to call scully and mulder lol........i hope!!

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Mar 2012, 22:27
Are they problems at DUB tonight. Flightrader show many aircraft holding around the airprot.

PPRuNeUser0176
22nd Mar 2012, 20:51
As of today there are 25 aircraft stored at DUB from a number of airlines who have ceased operation.

stab3.5up
23rd Mar 2012, 07:14
Daa must be making some money on parking!! but still in many ways a very sad sight.

EI-A330-300
23rd Mar 2012, 11:38
Iberia Express will be operate MAD from 1 June.

PPRuNeUser0176
23rd Mar 2012, 13:40
MAD will now be 9 weekly in July (8 weekly planned) and 8 weekly in August (7 weekly planned)

Jamie2k9
24th Mar 2012, 00:59
Just under 1.2 million passengers for Feb down 2%.

Europe down 8% - 530,000
UK up 2% - 520,000
North America up 8% - 75,000
Middle East/North Africa up 86% - 33,000
Domestic - down 52% - 5,000

Latest News > Almost 1.2m Passengers In February At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-03-23/Almost_1_2m_Passengers_In_February_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx)

Sober Lark
26th Mar 2012, 17:55
How are Emirates dealing with all their denied boarding passengers ex DUB these days? Upgrade, free flights, compensation? Seems like quite a headache for them could even be as bad as a migraine.

stab3.5up
26th Mar 2012, 18:48
That would be commerically sensitive information i think. why oversell so much wud be my question

PPRuNeUser0176
26th Mar 2012, 23:29
By now EK should know not to over sell there DUB flights, flights are always full and EK know this but they continue to sell extra seats knowing that passengers will not be flying. Everyday you are almost gaunted to see passengers being refused to fly with EK. I can't see many of them going back to EK until its sorted out EY will benefit.

On another note why was 10/28 closed this evening?

Jamie2k9
27th Mar 2012, 00:03
A hydraulic leak on 10/28.

Lufthansa's 2012 capacity at DUB has being increased 16%, FRA will have 11% increase with MUC and DUS the other 4%.

EI-A330-300
27th Mar 2012, 22:31
Fly in from DXB this morning and there was plently of unhappy EK passengers who couldn't fly.....

I bet EK can't wait until 1 July comes around.

Noxegon
28th Mar 2012, 04:58
I'm wondering why EK don't bump the aircraft size early if they are full every day...

stab3.5up
28th Mar 2012, 07:17
Or an extension of an exiisting flight operating into frs for example just to pivk up the slack

Cyrano
28th Mar 2012, 08:07
Or an extension of an exiisting flight operating into frs for example just to pivk up the slack

FRS = Santa Elena, Guatemala. I know that EK's expansion plans are dramatic but still...?

EK has had some very aggressive fares in the market to drive demand for the new Dublin service. That means that the average yield on the first few months' flights is likely to be lower.

One-stop flights bring significant extra cost, not only in fuel but also in two sets of landing and handling charges, extra cycle-based maintenance costs, and potentially additional crewing costs, to say nothing of the scheduling complexity if with the extra stop in each direction the aircraft can't return to DXB in time for the relevant hub wave. Unless the airline has traffic rights to sell the extra sector (FRA-DUB if you meant FRA above, for example - and the chances of EK getting cabotage rights in the EU in the short term are at best precisely zero), then the aircraft will be largely empty on that shorter leg.

Therefore I'm afraid that the idea of adding an operationally complex one-stop flight at considerable extra cost for just a couple of months in order to pick some a relatively small amount of relatively low-yield traffic is not really a runner in economic terms. (I am being diplomatic :cool:)

Sober Lark
28th Mar 2012, 10:04
'relatively small amount of relatively low-yield traffic is not really a runner in economic terms'

People long sickened by the inconvenience of transfers at the likes of LHR now have a choice and are voting with their feet. Given a choice wouldn't anyone prefer a one stop service to the likes of AUS and NZ from here rather than a couple of extra hours hanging around LHR, FRA, CDG, AMS etc.

Jamie2k9
28th Mar 2012, 10:27
Air Moldova to start a weekly flight to Chisinau via FRA from 19 June-4 September with an A320. every Tuesday.

Chisinau - Frankfurt - Dublin - 05.25-06.55-08.10-09.10
Dublin -Frankfurt - Chisinau - 10.15-13.15-14.15-17.35

They don't have the rights for DUB-FRA-DUB flights.

They had announced flights to DUB with LH from FRA a while back.

stab3.5up
28th Mar 2012, 12:21
Prob a backlash frm demise of malev shoud do very well

Cyrano
28th Mar 2012, 12:51
'relatively small amount of relatively low-yield traffic is not really a runner in economic terms'

People long sickened by the inconvenience of transfers at the likes of LHR now have a choice and are voting with their feet. Given a choice wouldn't anyone prefer a one stop service to the likes of AUS and NZ from here rather than a couple of extra hours hanging around LHR, FRA, CDG, AMS etc.

Don't quote me out of context, please.:= The original poster was suggesting that EK tag a Dublin sector onto one of their existing flights, e.g. FRA-DXB, which would give a one-stop flight from DUB to Dubai and thus a two-stop itinerary, not one-stop, to AUS/NZ. That's not a particularly attractive offer compared to one-stop itineraries (e.g. via DXB or AUH) and the operating costs would be higher. Hence "not really a runner in economic terms."

Mlinnie
28th Mar 2012, 17:05
Why do Arkia Israeli Airlines have a flight between Dublin and Tel Aviv during the summer ? Is it charter or scheduled ?

Mlinnie
28th Mar 2012, 17:07
Why is the Dublin-Chisinau flight not direct ?

stab3.5up
28th Mar 2012, 19:52
Arkia operates charter flights for isralie nationals holidaying in ireland

Stevek
28th Mar 2012, 22:43
Why is the Dublin-Chisinau flight not direct ?

It is on Tuesdays.

stab3.5up
30th Mar 2012, 10:06
Cause maybe the market is not there yet for direct serviced.

EI-A330-300
30th Mar 2012, 10:38
Most of AIr Moldova's flights are via FRA. Some LGW and CDG flights are.

stab3.5up
30th Mar 2012, 11:59
Maybe direct with there ejets when they biuld up the market. depends wot the seat sale split us as well

Mlinnie
30th Mar 2012, 15:39
Ah right and what them charters from Tel Aviv do well ?

stab3.5up
30th Mar 2012, 16:44
Its a757300 so yeah it must

Mlinnie
30th Mar 2012, 18:45
Ok thanks for replying :) which airline(s) are operating the charters this year from Dublin to Enfidha, Agadir and Sharm El Sheikh ? Also when do they resume ?

stab3.5up
30th Mar 2012, 21:00
Tunisair to enf
tom to ssh for summer amc in winter
aga i havnt a notion. i thought ei did that? but could b wrong.

Mlinnie
30th Mar 2012, 22:03
Aer Lingus serve Agadir in winter so I think jet4you might be doing the summer charter could be wrong though :confused:

Mlinnie
3rd Apr 2012, 15:29
What's gonna happen to the BMI DUB-LHR route ? I know British Airways are replacing the LHR route from BHD. Will the same happen in DUB ?

PPRuNeUser0176
3rd Apr 2012, 16:36
Had an e-mail from BMI recently saying that they were operationg there full summer schedule so they will be here until 28 October at least.

thebig C
3rd Apr 2012, 21:33
Air Moldova previously flew direct to Dublin. If I recall correctly the flights started in early 2009....but lasted a matter of weeks.

That fact that they have restarted the route would seem to suggest that there are actually enough potential pax to make it work.

I believe last time it was flown with aa A320, which may have been too large. Air Moldova have recently purchased E190s....this may make the economics alot better. Not sure about having an intermediate stop though!

racedo
3rd Apr 2012, 21:48
That fact that they have restarted the route would seem to suggest that there are actually enough potential pax to make it work.

Hmmmm you are using logic, not an unrealistic thing to do BUT Airline industry not the right place to use logic most of the time.

stab3.5up
3rd Apr 2012, 23:00
I think they didnt actually start operating due traffic rights problems but yes it was meant to be operated then by 320.

EI-A330-300
4th Apr 2012, 14:10
Latest News > More Than 500,000 Extra Airline Seats This Summer (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-04-04/More_Than_500_000_Extra_Airline_Seats_This_Summer.aspx)

Capacity at Dublin Airport is up 4% for the summer season, with more than half a million extra seats available this year.

The 2012 summer season, which gets under way in earnest over the Easter Bank (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-04-04/More_Than_500_000_Extra_Airline_Seats_This_Summer.aspx#) Holiday weekend, will see 12 new services from Dublin Airport and extra capacity on 17 existing services. This summer, Dublin has new services to both long-haul and short-haul destinations offering a huge range of choice to passengers.

Washington DC and Dubai are being added to Dublin’s existing long-haul network, which already has 13 direct scheduled services to North America and a service to Abu Dhabi. New short-haul services are being offered to Bournemouth, Budapest, Chisinau (Moldova) Dusseldorf, London Southend, Palermo, Stockholm, Verona, and Warsaw.

Extra capacity is also being added to existing services from Dublin Airport to destinations such as Brussels, Cologne, Edinburgh, Helsinki, Madrid, Geneva, Glasgow and Stockholm.

Passengers in search of summer sun can choose from a host of destinations in countries such as Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, Turkey, Cyprus, Croatia, Malta and Egypt.

Welcoming the launch of the summer schedule, Dublin Airport Authority’s Chief Operations Officer, Robert Hilliard described the increase in services and additional routes as a “further endorsement from the airlines of their confidence in the facilities that are in place at Dublin Airport”.

Passengers are also impressed with the improved experience at Dublin Airport in recent years. The most recent Airports Council International (ACI) study, which measures service quality at airports, placed Dublin joint third out of 29 European airports handling between 5 million and 25 million passengers per year. In the same (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-04-04/More_Than_500_000_Extra_Airline_Seats_This_Summer.aspx#) study five years ago, Dublin came last.

“In just five years, Dublin Airport has moved from being bottom of the pile to joint third amongst our European peers,” Mr Hilliard said. “Our aim (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-04-04/More_Than_500_000_Extra_Airline_Seats_This_Summer.aspx#) to continue to improve service levels for our passengers and move even higher up the table,” he added.

Meanwhile this Easter Bank Holiday weekend, which marks the real start of the summer season, will see more than 213,000 passengers travel through Dublin Airport from Friday April 6 to Monday April 9.

Passengers are advised to check which terminal their flight is departing from BEFORE leaving home (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-04-04/More_Than_500_000_Extra_Airline_Seats_This_Summer.aspx#). Aer Lingus, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Delta Airlines, Continental Airlines and US Airways operate from Terminal 2 while all other airlines operate from Terminal 1.

Passengers are advised to be in the terminal building at least 90 minutes before their flight departure time irrespective of whether they are checking in at the airport or have checked in on-line. A further 30 minutes should be factored in if passengers are using one of the long-term car parks.

Passengers are also advised to prepare for security screening in advance by removing laptops from cases, belts, outer jackets, umbrellas and sharp objects from hand luggage. This will avoid unnecessary delays at the passenger security screening area. Information regarding EU Aviation Security regulations concerning liquids is available on Dublin Airport - Welcome to Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com) and passengers are advised to familiarise themselves with these BEFORE setting out on their journey to the airport.

Dublin Airport will have Customer Care teams on duty across both terminals this bank holiday weekend; they are there to assist passengers with their journey through the airport.

stab3.5up
4th Apr 2012, 14:39
What recession!!! so things are all great again at the daa again.

thebig C
4th Apr 2012, 15:07
"Hmmmm you are using logic, not an unrealistic thing to do BUT Airline industry not the right place to use logic most of the time."

So, so true:)

thebig C
4th Apr 2012, 15:10
"I think they didnt actually start operating due traffic rights problems but yes it was meant to be operated then by 320."

Thanks for that Stab....I knew they didn't last long. Coincidentally, I was talking to a Moldova aquaintence today and he reckoned that many Moldovans used to use Malev to connect to Chisinau via Budapest. He said many use CDG and Vienna as stop offS also.

EI-A330-300
4th Apr 2012, 21:40
Any reason why the airport advised that runway 10/28 will be closed tonight for essential maintenance hours before it happened. Normally they give a week or so notice. I assume that it wasn't planned?

MidlandDeltic
5th Apr 2012, 08:16
What's gonna happen to the BMI DUB-LHR route ? I know British Airways are replacing the LHR route from BHD. Will the same happen in DUB ?

Given that the BA codeshare on EI also applies to Cork and Shannon, and on flights to Gatwick, I would put a fiver on the bmi flights disappearing. After all, LHR slots are too important for short haul / domestic connectivity, aren't they?

Look forward to prices going up on EI flights thereafter thanks to their monopoly on connecting traffic via LHR.

MD

stab3.5up
5th Apr 2012, 08:27
Its not over till the fat lady sings with the bmi lhr dub route just yet.

quantumofcheese
5th Apr 2012, 13:51
Found this on another site, never knew a tatl 767 could take off from 16/34. Hey, you learn something new everyday :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJTXIqVU9Ko&feature=plcp&context=C4cea89cVDvjVQa1PpcFN9aSHt1QJzcgTGfVVAQZYu2W05LuU2S3 k=

akerosid
5th Apr 2012, 14:56
I was at DUB this morning, driving alongside 10/28; one of the red/white outbuildings to the right of the 10 threshold had pretty thick, acrid smoke billowing from it, with much of the airport fire brigade in attendance.

Anyone know the cause of this (fire was out by around 9-9.30 and operations weren't affected)

Aerlingus231
5th Apr 2012, 16:40
Don't know anything about the fire, but it looks like a lot of the the runway and taxi light are out today. related perhaps...

A0550/12 - TWY B4,B5,B6 B7 EDGE LGT RWY 10/28 OUT OF SERVICE. 05 APR 16:22 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 20:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 16:23 2012

A0549/12 - TAXIWAY A CLOSED. 05 APR 22:00 2012 UNTIL 06 APR 04:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:56 2012

A0548/12 - RUNWAY 10/28 CLOSED. 05 APR 22:00 2012 UNTIL 06 APR 04:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:54 2012

A0547/12 - RWY 16/34 CLOSED. 10 APR 07:30 2012 UNTIL 13 APR 15:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:50 2012

A0545/12 - RWY TDZ LIGHTS RWY 10/28 HALF CIRCUIT ONLY. 05 APR 14:30 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:32 2012

A0544/12 - RWY 10/28 CENTRELINE LIGHTS HALF CIRCUIT ONLY. 05 APR 14:30 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:30 2012

A0543/12 - PAPI RWY 10 OUT OF SERVICE. 05 APR 14:25 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:25 2012

A0542/12 - THR LIGHTS RWY 10 OUT OF SERVICE. 05 APR 14:23 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:23 2012

A0541/12 - APCH LIGHT SYSTEM RWY 10 OUT OF SERVICE. 05 APR 14:22 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:23 2012

A0540/12 - RETILS RWY 34 OUT OF SERVICE. 05 APR 14:19 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:20 2012

A0539/12 - E6 CENTRELINE LIGHTS OUT OF SERVICE. 05 APR 14:17 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:18 2012

A0538/12 - B7 CENTRELINE LIGHTS OUT OF SERVICE. 05 APR 14:15 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:16 2012

A0537/12 - CAT 111 STOPBAR B7 UNAVAILABLE. 05 APR 14:15 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:15 2012

A0536/12 - CAT 111 STOPBARS E3,E4,E5,E6,E7 RWY 34 UNAVAILABLE. 05 APR 14:13 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:14 2012

A0535/12 - CAT 1 STOPBARS B7 UNAVAILABLE. 05 APR 14:11 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:13 2012

A0534/12 - CAT 1 STOPBARS E4,E5,E6,E7, UNAVAILABLE. 05 APR 14:10 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:11 2012

A0533/12 - TWY E5,E6,E7 EDGE LIGHTS OUT OF SERVICE. 05 APR 14:06 2012 UNTIL 05 APR 18:00 2012. CREATED: 05 APR 14:08

EI-A330-300
5th Apr 2012, 22:32
The fire was related to the runway lighting and nav equipment problems.

stab3.5up
6th Apr 2012, 01:22
Oh no part of that could be good.

MidlandDeltic
6th Apr 2012, 07:25
Its not over till the fat lady sings with the bmi lhr dub route just yet.

Define "just yet". 28th October? One of the scenarios I outlined will play out. IAG will not run their own operation and a codeshare on the same route. If they pull the codeshare out of Dublin, it would would EI want to continue it from Shannon /Cork? Maybe, maybe not - but it would be messy.

IAG, in the form of BA, make it quite clear on their views of the relative value of domestic / short haul in LHR when there is any disruption at LHR - they cancel. For the traveller, the retention of the codeshare over IAG operation could actually be beneficial in those situations, as EI would try to fly something whereas BA would just blanket cancel. Whether this is worth the price increase EI would inevitably get away with on LHR routes is for the individual to decide when booking as against transfer via CDG, FRA or AMS.

MD

PPRuNeUser0176
9th Apr 2012, 12:35
IAD will reduce to 5 weekly form 20 September - 6 Janurary and the from 7 Janurary - 10 March it reduces to 4 weekly. MAN service will be the same but reduction starts 1 September. EWR remains daily.

Mlinnie
10th Apr 2012, 12:56
Will that reduction just be for the winter ?

stab3.5up
10th Apr 2012, 13:46
Is aa staying this winter or ac or ts?

Mlinnie
11th Apr 2012, 11:15
I see US Airways is back with Dublin-Charlotte in May, American Airlines is back, Emirates 777 from July, Air Canada back in June, Air Transat Dublin-Montreal back in May with Toronto all ready back :)
Also on Delta's website it says that the Dublin-Atlanta route is to be operated with an a330 like last summer. Any confirmation on this ?

Cyrano
11th Apr 2012, 11:44
Also on Delta's website it says that the Dublin-Atlanta route is to be operated with an a330 like last summer. Any confirmation on this ?
What would be a more reliable information source than the operating airline? :confused:

Mlinnie
11th Apr 2012, 12:18
True :) can't wait to see it back !

stab3.5up
11th Apr 2012, 13:08
Im just moist with anticipation !!

racedo
11th Apr 2012, 17:45
Im just moist with anticipation !!

Nope its you not been able to hold your beer in ................again;)

Mlinnie
11th Apr 2012, 17:52
I know its a bit early yet but is there any news regarding new 2013 flights ? How likely is it that Qatar Airways start a Doha service or Air India start Mumbai or Delhi ? any new Aer lingus rumours ? Maybe a resumption of the Californian routes ?

stab3.5up
12th Apr 2012, 17:11
Summer 2012 not even 100% just yet so u nay be a bit previous.

EI-A330-300
14th Apr 2012, 12:34
Latest News > Terminal Pedestrian Link To Close For Upgrade (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-04-13/Terminal_Pedestrian_Link_To_Close_For_Upgrade.aspx)

Jack1985
14th Apr 2012, 15:06
I see Ryanair's route from Dublin to Frankfurt Hahn which operates at just 4 services per week matches that of Kerry :eek: also Knock-Irl West receives 3 services per week from Hahn. Surely theres more demand ex-DUB with FR to Hahn? or is the competition with LH/EI to FRA just too strong for FR?

airnoc
14th Apr 2012, 15:17
I see Ryanair's route from Dublin to Frankfurt Hahn which operates at just 4 services per week matches that of Kerry http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif also Knock-Irl West receives 3 services per week from Hahn. Surely theres more demand ex-DUB with FR to Hahn? or is the competition with LH/EI to FRA just too strong for FR?
Is Knock twice for month of may?

Jack1985
14th Apr 2012, 15:20
Nope 3 services per week until October.

j636
14th Apr 2012, 15:41
At times it has being cheaper to fly EI to FRA than FR to HHN. Would think yield per passenger is very high and FR may keep it at 4 weekly to maintain this. Only difference its 4 weekly year round where as KIR is 3 in winter. I have used it a few times and Loads ranged from full to 60/70%. The time of the flights are good as DUB-FRA with LH/EI are more less at the same times.

How are FR doing with daily BUD service? EI seem to be doing very well.

Jack1985
16th Apr 2012, 16:27
I understand a Delta flight has diverted to Dublin with reports of a bomb on board, I understand it has been parked in an isolated area with Gardai and bomb experts en-route. No other info at this time!

Update:

Armed Gardai have boarded Delta flight 73 from Istanbul to New York (JFK) operated by a B763, Captain alerted Shannon Control that there was suspicious movements in the Cabin and believed a ''package'' was aboard, unconfirmed reports a passenger was restrained by crew and passengers before the emergency landing at Dublin.

PPRuNeUser0176
16th Apr 2012, 16:45
Confirmed it was a false alarm. Not know if the flight will contuine this evening or not.

Jack1985
16th Apr 2012, 16:46
Just reported it was a mobile phone wrapped in packaging plugged into a socket in the toilet, passenger was released without charge. Flight is being refuelled and will continue on to JFK.

EI-A330-300
16th Apr 2012, 18:45
Air France have being using there A318,9 and 20 on the CDG route a lot over the last few weeks. Any reason why its not the Cityjet aircraft?

Jamie2k9
16th Apr 2012, 20:09
Air France have full control of the route now, although still operated by Cityjet, AF can use there own aircraft if they wish. When bookings are high they tend to use there own. Route can only be booked on AF webstie and not Cityjet one anymore. London City and Pau are not affected by the charges.

stab3.5up
16th Apr 2012, 21:00
Do we assume then that dark forces are at work n af want to protect there brand shud wx go lets just say into a non flying situation

Noxegon
16th Apr 2012, 21:11
Speaking as a frequent AF passenger on that route, I'd be thrilled to see the back of the horribly uncomfortable Avros...

Cyrano
16th Apr 2012, 23:40
Do we assume then that dark forces are at work n af want to protect there brand shud wx go lets just say into a non flying situation

No, we don't assume that at all. We assume that (a) as mentioned above, AF has commercial control of the route (wet lease to WX rather than a franchise as it was before - AF has I believe switched all or almost all their subsidiary flying, with all their subsidiaries, from franchise to wet lease) so can make their own fleet decisions, and (b) that the A318/319/320 are all bigger than the Avro so would be appropriate to deploy if demand is high (it may be, I don't know, that a Paris-based Avro operated some other route on the days in question, i.e. a straight swap).

In any case I don't really understand your idea that flying an occasional few Airbuses to Dublin would somehow "protect the brand". But if you want to develop some sort of "dark forces" theory, it only remains for you to explain how this is all part of the cosmic plot to disadvantage Cork Airport... ;)

Tom the Tenor
17th Apr 2012, 00:29
Any day now we will hear that AF will want to operate an Airbus A380 on the Paris Dublin route! :ouch:

Any news on the runway extension to enable DUB-SIN non-stop?! ;)

sean111222
17th Apr 2012, 12:37
Any updates on Pier F and the parallel runway?
Also any news on flights to Tokyo or Sydney?

Mlinnie
17th Apr 2012, 15:25
Oh please tell me the new runway and Pier F issues are being raised again ? :)

racedo
17th Apr 2012, 19:39
Any day now we will hear that AF will want to operate an Airbus A380 on the Paris Dublin route!

Well they did operate it on LHR-CDG.

stab3.5up
17th Apr 2012, 23:21
I thought virgin galactia were going to use dublin as a space port?

EISNN
18th Apr 2012, 11:52
I thought virgin galactia were going to use dublin as a space port?

No. Their plan was for LHR but they didn't get the slots from BMI. :E

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Apr 2012, 13:44
EK B777 to Dubai will now start on 1 May and not 1 July however the flight on 2 May will be with the A330 and then the B777 is full time.

Mlinnie
18th Apr 2012, 15:32
Is the runway(s) at Dublin long enough for an a380 ?

Mlinnie
18th Apr 2012, 15:34
That's fantastic news ! So I'll be able to see it when I'm going to Rome and Faro :) but is the runway(s) at dubllin long enough for the 777 ?

akerosid
18th Apr 2012, 16:31
Yes, more than sufficient; DL operated 777s from DUB a few years back and EK already does 2 daily from Birmingham, which has a shorter runway than DUB.

Great to see such healthy growth; no doubt the aggressive marketing has helped; next stop, 2nd daily?

JetPhotos.Net Photo » A6-EBK (CN: 34481) Emirates Boeing 777-31HER by John Fitzpatrick (http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7267613&nseq=2)

EI-A330-300
18th Apr 2012, 17:45
Looks like EK will use the B777 on DUB route between May and July when they can. May is showing B777 (FYJ), (PYH) but June is showing the A330.

Jamie2k9
19th Apr 2012, 10:42
Over .1.4 million passengers in March - level on March 2011.

Europe 690,000 down 3%
UIK 600,000 up 2%
US 110,000 up 2%
Middle East 38,500 up 114%
Domestic 4,500 down 70%

Traffic year to date is down 2% but for the next few months there should be an increase in traffic.

Latest News > More Than 1.4 Million Passengers In March At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-04-19/More_Than_1_4_Million_Passengers_In_March_At_Dublin_Airport. aspx)

Sober Lark
19th Apr 2012, 11:29
Looks like a correlation in the figures for Europe -3% and the Middle East +114%. Perhaps even UK to Middle East??

38500 x 12 = 462000. Is that possible?

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Apr 2012, 12:51
The main factor for European drop is FR not starting there seasonal routes until late March. Last year Dublin and a number of other bases had some seasonal routes started from 1 March.

stab3.5up
19th Apr 2012, 20:10
I think the middleast stats are just a bubble that will burst. its like the inbojnd stats from poland during the celtic tiger years. they are just a sign of the mass migration i think v soon they will level off and start to contract. a sad but tru reflection of ireland today

sean111222
20th Apr 2012, 03:41
Has Emirates made a decision about the lounge?

racedo
20th Apr 2012, 19:24
Is the runway(s) at Dublin long enough for an a380 ?

Depends.......................... is it a one way or return trip :E

stab3.5up
21st Apr 2012, 13:41
Wings abroad uk just gone under. will that affect dub and the tailwinds flights?

Stevek
21st Apr 2012, 14:40
Wings Abroad Ireland is a separate company. No affect, as of the moment.

Jamie2k9
25th Apr 2012, 19:34
Thomson will be operating a B738 this winter. It was a B733 last winter.

Air Transit are due to operate YYZ for part of the winter season. Flights will be released soon but expected to be 1 weekly with A310.

Mlinnie
26th Apr 2012, 17:24
Do Czech airlines & Monarch still fly to Dublin ?

EI-TECH
27th Apr 2012, 11:35
Germania starting a few charter routes from dublin, from 19may I believe.

Mlinnie
28th Apr 2012, 17:12
How are the loads on the Dublin-Enfidha charter route ? And when do s7 airlines normally add their extra 2nd flight on the Dublin to Moscow route ?

Mlinnie
28th Apr 2012, 17:18
Also are Jet4You operating the summer charter to Agadir this year ? And are Travel Service operating the summer charter this year to lanzarote ?

MarkD
28th Apr 2012, 21:57
Jamie2k9 better not be wrong about that TS rumour getting us emigrants' hopes up ;)

EDIT: had to have a sketch but nothing loaded beyond 30/Oct yet... wait and see I spose...

Jamie2k9
28th Apr 2012, 22:14
Jamie2k9 better not be wrong about that TS rumour getting us emigrants' hopes up http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

EDIT: had to have a sketch but nothing loaded beyond 30/Oct yet... wait and see I spose...

What I know is the winter schedule will be on sale by late May and that DUB is planned to operate for November and December at the minute. I'm sure if bookings are good they will extend that into early 2013. Flights are due to operate on Fridays from YYZ and Saturdays from DUB. They were going to operate last winter but before the flights went of sale it was cancelled.

Also are Jet4You operating the summer charter to Agadir this year ? And are Travel Service operating the summer charter this year to lanzarote ?

Jet4You will not operate this summer as planned and Travel Service flights have changed from summer to winter only flights.

And when do s7 airlines normally add their extra 2nd flight on the Dublin to Moscow route ?

Getting a little late to add flights at this stage.

stab3.5up
29th Apr 2012, 11:25
Not sure aboyt jet for you but qs are still flying into dub

EI-A330-300
29th Apr 2012, 12:39
QS finish early May until next November. The last inbound flight will be on Sunday then IWD take it over for a few weeks then IWD base an aircraft for the summer.

Jet 4 You are gone flights were planned to be resumed on 19 May, then 30 June, then 29 July and now they have being canceled and Aer Lingus flights will be used from 22 September until April 2013 like the winter just gone.

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Apr 2012, 16:40
EK have added the B777 for June instead of the A330. B777 start tormorow 2 months ahead of schedule.

Mlinnie
30th Apr 2012, 18:34
Great news regarding Emirates ! Let's hope we get a second daily flight soon ! also US Airways Dublin-Charlotte is back on Friday, it will go daily until September and Air Transat Dublin-Montreal is back on the 14th May. Aer Lingus Regional start Bournemouth tomorrow and London Southend on the 10th May.

Mlinnie
30th Apr 2012, 20:54
The main runway (runway 10/28) at Dublin Airport will be withdrawn from service for four consecutive nights from 23.00 to 05.00hrs, Monday 30th April to Friday 4th May, 2012.* This is to facilitate essential electrical work and is weather dependent.In facilitating this essential work, the crosswind runway, Runway 16/34, will be in operation during this time which may result in increased aircraft noise levels in the Santry, Beaumont, Artane, Clontarf, surrounding areas and some North County Dublin residential locations.* In certain weather conditions areas in South County Dublin (Dun Laoghaire, Rathdown and surrounding areas) may also experience a slight increase in aircraft noise levels as a result of the use of the crosswind runway.This work is critical to the ongoing safe operation of the airport and is being carried out in accordance with international standards in aviation

Mlinnie
30th Apr 2012, 21:08
is the crosswind runway long enough for an emirates 777 ?

EI-A330-300
30th Apr 2012, 21:13
No it is not.

j636
2nd May 2012, 11:58
A6-EBC Boeing 777-36NER Emirates | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/elevationair/6986675606/in/photostream/)

The EK B777 @DUB which looked to be a very wet day.

SecondDog
3rd May 2012, 01:20
is the crosswind runway long enough for an emirates 777 ?

I think runway 16/34 is heavily restricted @ DUB, if I remember right - most 737-8s would struggle, but then 2300-0500 shouldn't affect too much. Can always send it to Aldergrove if needs be!:p:ok:

Jamie2k9
3rd May 2012, 23:42
United have added an extra daily flight to EWR from 28 August to 5 September.
Arrive DUB 09.15 and depart DUB 13.00. B757.

Delta have added extra flights to ALT on 30 August.
Arrive DUB 09.25 and depart DUB 13.45. B767.

Delta will also use the A330-300 on JFK flights on 30 and 31 August.

stab3.5up
4th May 2012, 11:37
Would that be anything to do with the olympics??

dublinaviator
4th May 2012, 12:36
No the Olympics end on August 12 (and are in the UK ;)).

Its probably to do with the American Football match between US Navy and Notre Dame in the Aviva on September 1st.

stab3.5up
4th May 2012, 22:16
Seems a bit much just for a football game. but wot ever. all xtra flts welcome.

dublinaviator
5th May 2012, 11:46
Seems a bit much just for a football game. but wot ever. all xtra flts welcome.

Its a massive event, and one of the few NCAA home games to be played outside America. There will be upwards of 50,000 Americans in Dublin for the game, and it won't just be supporters. People will be bringing along their families and using the opportunity to go around Ireland for the 'once in a lifetime vacation'. So as well as promoting the development of American Football in Ireland, it'll also be a massive tourism boost for the country.

PPRuNeUser0176
8th May 2012, 11:05
Latest News > DAA Welcomes Emirates (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-05-08/DAA_Welcomes_Emirates_Expansion.aspx)

Mlinnie
8th May 2012, 20:33
Why is there an Arkefly flight to Beirut tonight ?

Jack1985
8th May 2012, 21:26
Why is there an Arkefly flight to Beirut tonight ?Irish Armed Forces 104th Battalion swap. Flight to Beirut tonight is bringing out troops to Lebanon, flight also returning from Beirut back home at 1.30pm tomorrow with troops. :ok:

Mlinnie
10th May 2012, 17:24
Why is the US Airways flight to Charlotte tomorrow not showing up on the Dublin Airport website ?

PPRuNeUser0176
10th May 2012, 17:49
Just a problem with the system. Most days a few flights don't appear for the following day. Any missing will be added lather.

stab3.5up
10th May 2012, 21:08
Its happening a lot recently on the daa site.

PPRuNeUser0176
10th May 2012, 21:31
It happening everyday of late, when the new system went live a few months ago it was a problem but it was sorted but over the last few weeks it contuines to happen.

In other news:
DAA seeking up to 150 redundancies at Dublin Airport - RT News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0510/daa-seeks-up-to-150-redundancies-at-dublin-airport.html)

Seems to be because of lack of traffic in T1.

An problems with a US Airways flight to CLT on Tuesday.

Incident: United B752 over Atlantic on May 8th 2012, engine with its own mind (http://avherald.com/h?article=44f5a060&opt=4097)

Mlinnie
14th May 2012, 15:17
Nearly a quarter of a century after pulling the plug on its services between Dublin and London Heathrow, British Airways jets will be making a reappearance on the route, probably from the autumn.

It's also likely that British Airways will eventually use its Terminal 5 building at Heathrow for its Dublin service, ditching the much-criticised Terminal 1 at the London airport. That could also pose a fresh challenge for Aer Lingus and other carriers on long-haul routes.

British Airways owner IAG, which also owns Spain's Iberia airline, recently got the all-clear to buy airline BMI from Lufthansa. Former Aer Lingus boss and British Airways chief executive Willie Walsh has previously recognised that BMI, which was once known as British Midland, has a strong brand presence in Ireland and the UK.

However, a spokeswoman for British Airways confirmed that the BMI aircraft currently serving Dublin will be repainted in British Airways livery "in the short term". It's understood that the BMI livery will continue to be used until the end of the summer.

BMI currently operates six daily services between Dublin and Heathrow, while Aer Lingus flies to Heathrow from Dublin about 12 times a day.

Aer Lingus currently has a code-share agreement with British Airways for services between Dublin and Heathrow.

Asked if British Airways will begin using Terminal 5 in Heathrow for its Dublin passengers, the spokeswoman said: "In time that will happen, but there's no immediate plan to do so."

British Airways pulled its Dublin-Heathrow and all Irish routes in March 1991 after 44 years serving the country.

At the time, it held 15pc of the then 1.5 million annual passenger traffic between Dublin and Heathrow. Ironically, the airline had come under pressure after British Midland launched a service in 1988 between the two airports.

At the time, advisors for Ryanair had approached British Airways with a view to the latter taking a stake in the then fledgling Irish carrier.

Mr Walsh has previously said that he intends retaining the service between Dublin and Heathrow after acquiring BMI.

British Airways paid £172m (€211m) for BMI, which was loss-making.

"If British Airways are taking the route over will it be the same frequency and aircraft operating the route as before on BMI ?"

Skipness One Echo
14th May 2012, 15:49
Can you add a source please?

At the time, it held 15pc of the then 1.5 million annual passenger traffic between Dublin and Heathrow. Ironically, the airline had come under pressure after British Midland launched a service in 1988 between the two airports.
Given only three carriers flew the route and on was "British" Midland, were so many Irish reluctant to fly under a Union flag? What's the politics beyond the obvious? How did Midland succeed and BA do so badly against Aer Lingus, given a fair number of the travellers were presumably British?

EI-BUD
14th May 2012, 16:02
SkipnessOneEcho; You pose a fair question;
The time that BA pulled out its cost base was nothing like where it is now, it wasnt at all as lean. FR was running a much with its new STN route and fares were low and the tradition of mega fares for EI and BAs cost little cartel were no longer possible. BA hadnt see this type of discounting anywhere else on short haul, well not the extent that FR did and lets remember it would have come through a hard few years, capacity growing enornously, Capital Airlines, Virgin and Ryanair had all had their fight for passenger. BA were popular but the return was marginal.

When Bmi arrived it was what everybody wanted and Aer Lingus was reputed to have been losing £6 per passenger on Dublin London Heathrow.
British Midland arrived 1988 and stole the thunder witha amazing service, 8 departures a day (6 at first) and diamond service with food served on practically every flight, BA were getting challenges on every side. ORK and SNN were axed mid season before DUB in the same year. Some services were on 73S, B11 and interestingly 757!

The last season of BA on DUB LHR they introduced a 0615 departure with BAC1-11 and to date to the best of my knowledge there never were flights leaving for London that early!!

For a time around 1991, (immediately after Gulf war) Dublin went without a link to London Gatwick for a time also

14th May 2012, 16:18
Despite the public statements, I don't expect the BMI flights to continue in the long-term.

Two reasons for this
- BA can use the slots more profitably.
- Breaking the relationship with Aer Lingus would impact on Cork and Shannon where they wouldn't have an alternate for feeder traffic.

Mlinnie
14th May 2012, 17:41
But surely British Airways have seen how well BMI perform on it's DUB-LHR route and also the BHD-LHR route ? I know that British Airways wants to strengthen it's long haul network with the extra slots but surely they could have room for DUB and BHD ? After all weren't those routes like one of Bmi's best performing ones ? Also if Virgin are to win the extra slots at LHR they said that they would want to start a domestic airline under the Virgin brand. Would some of the routes considered for that be BHD & DUB ?

Mlinnie
14th May 2012, 17:45
Also if BA took over the DUB-LHR route, they could have say 3 services a day but on a bigger aircraft (A321,767,787) ? That way they could still maintain the profitable DUB route but yet still have slots available for expanding it's long haul network out of LHR ?

CallBell
14th May 2012, 23:48
BA
Also if BA took over the DUB-LHR route, they could have say 3 services a day but on a bigger aircraft (A321,767,787) ? That way they could still maintain the profitable DUB route but yet still have slots available for expanding it's long haul network out of LHR ?

A route like DUB requires frequency over aircraft size. Even EI have moved from nearly all A321 flights to nearly all A320 flights. Just 3 flights a day would mean long long layovers between connections and would be massively unattractive to business travellers who need both flexibility and frequency.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th May 2012, 08:38
Dublin Airport fails EU security audit on two grounds - RT News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0515/dublin-airport-security-eu-audit.html)

This follows an audit by the European Commission on the airport's compliance with EU aviation security rules. Speaking on RTÉ’s Morning Ireland, Minister for Transport Leo Varadkar said aircraft searches, which were suspended 18 months ago, are to be re-introduced.
Passengers transferring through another European airport will have to be re-screened when they land at those airports from Dublin.
Although this does happen at times, it will now be the norm all of the time. The Minister said aviation security had to be "100%".
Minister Varadkar said the move does not impact on other airports in the State.
He visited the airport yesterday after meeting officials from the Dublin Airport Authority.
Mr Vardakar said: "The first matter has been resolved. The other is technical in nature and does not affect passenger screening or baggage handling at the airport.
"Dublin Airport will adopt back-up procedures to address this second matter in the short term, while a longer term solution is implemented, and the security of the airport is maintained."
The DAA said the audits are carried out on a regular basis and it is working with the Department of Transport to resolve the issues.

EI-A330-300
15th May 2012, 10:10
DAA say around two months for problems to be fixed and Ryanair have got great millage out of it.

Ryanair Calls For The Break Up Of The Daa Monopoly And The Dept? (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-calls-for-the-break-up-of-the-daa-monopoly-and-the-dept-of-transport-as-dublin-airport-fails-eu-security-standards)

Sober Lark
15th May 2012, 10:31
I take it we won't be getting the 'Excellence in airport security award'?

The Q Mark award just isn't filling the trophy cabinet.

stab3.5up
15th May 2012, 10:48
But what exactaly does that mean in real terms for turnarounds in dublin and passengers?

EI-A330-300
15th May 2012, 11:25
It means:

Any passengers flying onword from European Airports (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris etc) will have to be screened before they connect onto a flight.

All aircraft will have to be searched by staff between all flights that arrival and depart from Dublin.. (restarted as of last night)

stab3.5up
15th May 2012, 12:12
I thought the cabin crew already did do security checks prior to boarding so whats changed?

PPRuNeUser0176
15th May 2012, 16:33
So did I and passengers who are connecting are screened at some airports anyway but it will be every signal passenger for at least 2 months. A little embarrassing for the DAA to say the least!!

Skipness One Echo
15th May 2012, 17:13
I assumed that connecting passengers were routinely rescreened? Only exceptions would be from domestic Irish as they are already screened to Irish standards.

EI-A330-300
15th May 2012, 17:45
I assumed that connecting passengers were routinely rescreened? Only exceptions would be from domestic Irish as they are already screened to Irish standards.

No the majority are not screened.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th May 2012, 19:05
The EU have imposed them as the DAA have not delt with the issues fast enough. Airlines are due to be breifed on it tomorrow and EU airports will decide how they will handle flights over the next few days. Will be intresting to see if UK airports treat passengers as International passengers.

Ryanair also claim that during security tests items not allowed have being missed by the security scanners, the DAA say its not thorugh

Would like to know the exact issue as it only affects EU flights..

Noxegon
15th May 2012, 20:07
Er, really?

I connect flights all the time and cannot think of a single occasion where I've not had to be screened a second time at my transit point - that includes CDG, LHR, FRA, AMS, and AUH.

If passengers are not routinely re-screened then I'm clearly exceptionally unlucky. I think my record was five separate security screenings on a flight KWI-FRA-DUB (and okay, that one originated in the middle east, but still...)

j636
15th May 2012, 21:25
Reported that its to do with baggage screening and may not be both terminals.

ryan2000
15th May 2012, 22:47
I've always been searched at Schiphol when transiting.

15th May 2012, 23:56
Schiphol mixes all non-Schengen passengers together, so all get searched again. In theory, if Irish passengers were kept separate, only passport control would be required. Don't know if there's anywhere that does that though. Frankfurt and Paris are the same.

stab3.5up
16th May 2012, 16:26
Any update on bmi yet

CONAIR11
16th May 2012, 18:10
I have to laugh at Ryanair putting the boot into the DAA when they themselves simply dont facilitate connections without checking in again at your transit point.

Tom the Tenor
16th May 2012, 20:37
A note for the hard working DAA marketeers at Dublin Airport.

Another fab opportunity awaits for those who work hard - from the end of October, 2012 Singapore Airlines are withdrawing from both Athens and Abu Dhabi.

Athens's & Abu Dhabi's loss is Dublin's opportunity - put in some hard work and by summer schedule 2013 Dublin might be fortunate enough to get in Singapore Airlines in the shape of the 777-200 or at worst, an A330-200, if they have the range from Singapore.

All the hard work.

Are you there, Cork Airport, are you there?

Cork Airport, are you there, Cork Airport?

Mlinnie
16th May 2012, 21:50
Just wondering how is the Dublin-Abu Dhabi route performing now with competition on Emirates ? And how are the bookings looking for the new Washington DC route on United ?

Skipness One Echo
16th May 2012, 23:09
or at worst, an A330-200
They don't fly the A330-200, only the larger A330-343E.

Jamie2k9
17th May 2012, 00:13
Air Transit have dropped plans to operate YYZ for part of the winter season.

chuboy
17th May 2012, 04:03
Athens's & Abu Dhabi's loss is Dublin's opportunity - put in some hard work and by summer schedule 2013 Dublin might be fortunate enough to get in Singapore Airlines in the shape of the 777-200 or at worst, an A330-200, if they have the range from Singapore.
It certainly would be nice, but I don't think Dublin has enough runway for the return trip on either aircraft. I don't believe the A332 even has the range - besides, they are using it on other routes within the Asia-Pacific.

Wingman1000
17th May 2012, 08:09
Etihad increased year-on-year in Jan and Feb. Both Etihad and Emirates carried more than 30,000 pax in Feb.

Jamie2k9
17th May 2012, 10:45
Just under 1.6 million passengers in April up1%.

UK - 570,000 down 3%
Europe - 850,000 up 3%
US/Canada - 120,000 up 2% (good considering 7 weekly less B757 to EWR)
Middle East/Africa - 36,000 up 68%
Domestic - 5,000 down 68%

Year To Date - over 5.3 million passengers down 1%.

Latest News > Almost 1.6M Passengers In April At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/12-05-17/Almost_1_6M_Passengers_In_April_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx)

PPRuNeUser0176
17th May 2012, 16:04
After 3 press releases slaming the DAA and DOT over the security issues, FR have had a turn and now want to help.

Airlines Offer To Assist Dept Of Transport To Rectify Security? (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/airlines-offer-to-assist-dept-of-transport-to-rectify-security-audit-failures-to-speed-up-resolution)

Fairdealfrank
17th May 2012, 16:30
Quote: "Schiphol mixes all non-Schengen passengers together, so all get searched again. In theory, if Irish passengers were kept separate, only passport control would be required. Don't know if there's anywhere that does that though. Frankfurt and Paris are the same."

At AMS arriving/departing pax are not segregated, departing pax have to pass border control (like most places, a pointless exercise), and security is at the gate.

So everyone gets screened there, whether "schengen" or not, whether in transit or not.

The downsides: (1) pax are stuck in small gaterooms, and (2) pax cannot buy water for the flight (not a problem on a short hop such as AMS-LHR).

It's the same at SIN.

Apart from that, both are excellent airports.

Jamie2k9
18th May 2012, 01:03
Europort Exprress to start Dublin-Rotterdam from 17 September. Flights go on sale from 11 June.

Europort Express - connecting you to Europort (http://www.europortexpress.com/)

Skipness One Echo
18th May 2012, 01:45
Whether you book three months or three days in advance, you can always expect to pay the same set fare for the date of travel. We won't penalise you for peak or seasonal travel.
A fool and their money are soon parted. Why does aviation attract such talent?

18th May 2012, 07:08
@Fairdealfrank People making a Schengen-Schengen connection in Amsterdam are not rescreened. Piers B and C plus the upstairs part of pier D there don't rescreen at the gate.

If you connect Non-Schengen to Schengen, there is a single security point at the boundary between piers C and D.

Travelling to a non-Schengen country means rescreening at the gate.

In theory, there could be a separate area for EU (non-Schengen), but there's a practical limit to how much you could break up the airport. The only realistic option is the downstairs part of pier D, but that's also used for flights to Russia, Turkey, Morrocco etc. There not enough volume from the UK and Ireland to justify reserving all that space.

dpconlan2011
18th May 2012, 08:53
I've noticed that bmi are currently running a 2150 lhr-dub service- convenient for night owls and cheaper than EI but not running every night it seems- anyone know the load factors/a.c type?

dublinaviator
18th May 2012, 12:05
Europort Exprress to start Dublin-Rotterdam from 17 September. Flights go on sale from 11 June.

Europort Express - connecting you to Europort

"We are to operate a strict "Same route, same date, same fare" policy. Whether you book three months or three days in advance, you can always expect to pay the same set fare for the date of travel. We won't penalise you for peak or seasonal travel. On boarding any of our flights, you will be presented with your own fabric bag containing food and drink you chose at time of booking for no extra cost. You can even take the bag home with you as a memory of your experience with Europort Express."

Somehow, I can't see this crowd lasting long...

stab3.5up
18th May 2012, 13:47
More chance of virginn galactic using t2 for flights to mars i think on this one!!!

PPRuNeUser0176
18th May 2012, 21:21
Air Asia X have said a route from Dublin-Kuala Lumpur is planned once the A350's entre service in 2016 according to the airlines CEO.

Fairdealfrank
18th May 2012, 21:31
Quote: "@Fairdealfrank People making a Schengen-Schengen connection in Amsterdam are not rescreened. Piers B and C plus the upstairs part of pier D there don't rescreen at the gate.

If you connect Non-Schengen to Schengen, there is a single security point at the boundary between piers C and D.

Travelling to a non-Schengen country means rescreening at the gate.

In theory, there could be a separate area for EU (non-Schengen), but there's a practical limit to how much you could break up the airport. The only realistic option is the downstairs part of pier D, but that's also used for flights to Russia, Turkey, Morrocco etc. There not enough volume from the UK and Ireland to justify reserving all that space."

Thanks for the info about schenghen, 840. Am certainly not suggesting that UK/Ireland pax should have a separate section of pier D lower! Was just expressing a preference, in general, for single screening areas for pax from landside and pax from flight connections!

To return to the thread subject, what are the arrangements in the new DUB-2? Haven't been through it yet.

Quote: "Air Asia X have said a route from Dublin-Kuala Lumpur is planned once the A350's entre service in 2016 according to the airlines CEO."

Good to see increasing long haul possibilities at DUB, despite the length of 10/28.

racedo
19th May 2012, 09:45
Any Airline CEO who is telling you what they will do in 4 years time is blowing smoke.....................most are just happy to know what they are doing next year and hoping they still in business. Great to hear long time blue sky ideas but that is all they are.

PPRuNeUser0176
19th May 2012, 14:37
I've noticed that bmi are currently running a 2150 lhr-dub service- convenient for night owls and cheaper than EI but not running every night it seems- anyone know the load factors/a.c type?

Its mostly an A320 with the odd A319 night stopping.

Seljuk22
19th May 2012, 17:58
Today's flight from/to DXB was operated by A6-EGQ (B777-300ER) which was delivered on 17th May from PAE to DXB. It was the first commercial flight for this a/c.

j636
19th May 2012, 23:56
Off-duty gardai spark airport security scare - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie (http://www.herald.ie/news/offduty-gardai-spark-airport-security-scare-3112492.html)

Mlinnie
22nd May 2012, 18:43
Thomson resuming their summer charters within the next week (Heraklion, Zakynthos, Sharm El Sheikh, Corfu etc)

PPRuNeUser0176
22nd May 2012, 21:29
I have seen it all now:

Safety fears could result in airport ban for fans - National News - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/safety-fears-could-result-in-airport-ban-for-fans-3116129.html)

stab3.5up
22nd May 2012, 22:13
It beggers belief.

DollarBill
22nd May 2012, 22:40
In regard to the indo article about banning Jedward fans from the airport:

This statement reads to me as an admission that DAA cannot handle the event.

properly organised, a press conference in Dublin Airport could be used as a positive bit of PR for DUB after the recent negative press.

racedo
22nd May 2012, 22:47
To be fair having Jedward leave Ireland is worthy of a huge crowd at the airport..............then they go and disappoint by returning:E

Copenhagen
23rd May 2012, 00:35
This is no more than a PR bit to explain why there will be no jedward fans at the airport!

j_davey
23rd May 2012, 09:16
Jedward fans should indeed be banned form the airport, having seen first hand what they are like.
imagine hundreds of teenage girls camping out in the middle of T1 departures completely blocking the place and disrupting queues while chanting "We will, we will not be moved" ..... you get the idea.

stab3.5up
23rd May 2012, 10:17
Im just waiting for the ryanair add for this one!!

Locker10a
24th May 2012, 15:30
Regarding TOM at Dublin does anyone know what aircraft they will base this summer? And do they have DUB based cabin crew again?

Is it also TOM who will operate Dublin - Larnaca ?

Mlinnie
24th May 2012, 16:57
Yes Thomson will operate Dublin-Larnaca every Sunday for the summer period

PPRuNeUser0176
25th May 2012, 19:55
DAA profits down 9% to €30 million for 2011.

T2 handled 8 millon passengers in 2011 and it will increae to over 8.5 in 2012.

Sober Lark
25th May 2012, 20:59
As a matter of interest what max capacity is T2 designed for?

I suppose T1 used to handle 22 million?

dublinaviator
25th May 2012, 21:14
As a matter of interest what max capacity is T2 designed for?

I suppose T1 used to handle 22 million?

T1 has a capacity of 20 million, and T2 15 million.

racedo
25th May 2012, 22:37
T1 has a capacity of 20 million, and T2 15 million.

Fat chance of capacity being achieved this half century.

Copenhagen
26th May 2012, 09:29
Racedo, thats rubbish - Go back 40 years to 1970 racedo, and see the changes in Dublin airport.

Ireland will come out of this recession, and will start growing - we will be over 25m by 2020 without question.

racedo
26th May 2012, 09:45
Copenhagen

That was with an economy growing massively, a returning population and a start of people travelling.

The expectations that the growth rates between 1970 and 2010 will apply between 2010 and 2050 is laughable.

The era of 1 cent flights is over for good as Govt see it as an opportunity to tax and the inward flow of migrants seen in decade since 2000 is over.

Its probable by 2025 that €50 will be the minimum tax payable on any flight as EU seeks to kill the golden goose.

Copenhagen
26th May 2012, 09:59
Racedo - Between now and 2050, Just 1.5% growth annually is needed to grow from 20m to 35m. By any paramaters, that is a sustainable growth level.

At 3% - hardly earth shattering growth - 35m is reached in 2031 and 25m by 2020.

The era of 1c flights is over because:

1) FR and EI are going for margin over loads
2) Fuel prices

Great to see that in a recession, both EI and FR can increase fares and load factors.

Its probable by 2025 that €50 will be the minimum tax payable on any flight as EU seeks to kill the golden goose.

very probably true - considering EI and FR are already there.

racedo
26th May 2012, 11:59
Problem is Dublin is nowhere near 20 million passengers and will not be for a considerable time.

The era of cheap flights and weekends away is over, the Irish economy still has a lot of bloodletting to do in the Public sector and on welfare recipients so this will reduce spend available over next 5 years.

My comment regarding Tax I think you misunderstood as the €50 is what will be the Govts / EU take not the airlines price.

Jamie2k9
26th May 2012, 13:09
Regarding TOM at Dublin does anyone know what aircraft they will base this summer? And do they have DUB based cabin crew again?

They have 2 B738 based and they are leased from sunwing.

Ryanair market share in 2011 dropped from 41% to 39% while Aer Lingus increased its share from 37% to 41%.

stab3.5up
26th May 2012, 15:00
One is in hapaglloyd colours.

Copenhagen
26th May 2012, 15:04
The moment FR want that market share back, all they have to do is turn back up the load factors, and add back in two aircraft.

dublinaviator
26th May 2012, 16:37
Problem is Dublin is nowhere near 20 million passengers and will not be for a considerable time.

It's at 19 million atm, how is that nowhere near 20 million?

positive
26th May 2012, 21:40

Was thinking that myself... just booked Malaga out with EI and back with FR for October.

Remember a few years ago at Dublin when EI were expanding and FR in dispute with the DAA FR gave in and announced a major expansion....Dublin is still important for FR even though MOL is not too keen to say so....

PPRuNeUser0176
26th May 2012, 22:33
Dublin is still important for FR even though MOL is not too keen to say so....

It is and always will be....also FR related they are being slowly squeesed out of Stockholm route from DUB. They have cut capacity a lot since Aer Lingus and SAS announced new route and increased flights. I got an e-mail two weeks before I was travling saying my FR flight was canceled due to low demand and I could be transfer to another flight or have a refund which I did and booked with EI and my flight from DUB was full and my return was upgraded to a A321 and was also full and they were cheeper than Ryanair. They have the lowest presance on the route this summer compared to 2011.

EI are expanding in areas that are not served by FR mainly and the regional accounts for a lot and they can compete with FR just fine.

mart901
26th May 2012, 22:43
Somebody in Aer Lingus ( I can't remember exactly who) a few years ago said nobody knows how to compete with Ryanair like us, and its coming to fruition. On the point of regional, just look how they are now competing on the GLA-DUB, never thought I would see FR sidelined so much at PIK, where even GO couldn't hit them.

racedo
26th May 2012, 23:30

Its still going backwards and 1/2 of a percent down in first 4 months of this year........June will benefit from people heading to Poland but that will impact on bucket and spade business later in the summer.

Yup it rose 310,000 pax in 2011 v 2010 but 2010 had impact of Iceland volcano and when you strip that out from April and May you still heading backwards.............

Noxegon
27th May 2012, 06:50
For me at least, I've had a pretty miserable FR experience, and as a direct consequence I now only use them as a last resort; if any other airline has suitable flights at suitable times then I will use them; cost really doesn't matter to me (within reason).

I wonder how many other people feel the same way...

PPRuNeUser0176
28th May 2012, 16:36
What are the airprot going to do about the birds around the runway, Aer Lingus had an inspection because of a possible bird strike today. To show how bad it is:

This is what happens when you cut the grass | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/niallsaviation/7222020868/)

JSCL
28th May 2012, 16:46
If I were responsible for bird control at Dublin, I'd just fill the ground with worms that were filled with poison. Job's a goodun' !

But in all seriousness, I'm rather surprised at that picture. I fly to Dublin maybe twice per month usually, I've never really had the 'pleasure' of seeing so many birds around at once. There surely must be some better control that can be employed over there to tackle the issue. I don't buy the argument of the fact it's an airport not far from the coast - we don't see these issues at Blackpool or Liverpool or any of the other coastal airports. All seems rather odd.

racedo
28th May 2012, 17:52
we don't see these issues at Blackpool or Liverpool or any of the other coastal airports.

What you mean like at Ciampino and La Guardia ?

mart901
29th May 2012, 07:30
Yep noxegen i feel the same, I will happily drive past STN to fly from SEN to Ireland in order to avoid them. Its like how to strip all the joy out of flying! Having flown several times recently with EZY to various places I find them far better and customer orientated.

Jamie2k9
31st May 2012, 23:03
Aer Lingus Winter 2012/13 schedule changes as of today.

Increases:
Berlin - 11 weekly (daily)
Brussels - 18 weekly (16 weekly)
Dusseldorf - 2 daily (13 weekly)
Edinburgh - daily (mainline resumes lunchtime flight)
Hamburg - 5 weekly (4 weekly)
Lanzarote - 5 weekly (4 weekly)
London Gatwick - 6 daily (5 daily)
Stockholm - 4 weekly - (New)
Tenerfie - 4 weekly (3 weekly)
Verona - 3 weekly (New)

Decreases:
Alicante - 2 weekly (3 weekly)
Stuttgart - 3 weelky (4 weekly)
Vienna - 4 weekly (6 weekly)

No Changes:
Agadair - 1 weekly (extra 8 flights this winter)
Amsterdam - 5 daily
Bucharest - 2 weekly
Barcelona - 11 weekly
Birmingham - 22 weekly
Faro - 3 weekly
Frankfurt - 13 weekly
Fuerteventura - 2 weekly
Geneva - daily*
Gran Canaria - 3 weekly
London Heathrow - 12 daily
Lisbon - 5 weekly
Lyon - 4 weekly**
Madrid - 10 weekly
Malaga - daily
Milan-LIN - daily
Milan-MXP - 4 weekly
Manchester - 26 weekly
Munich - 11 weekly
Nice - 4 weekly
Paris CDG - 3 daily
Prague - daily
Rome FCO - 9 weekly
Warsaw - daily
Zurich - daily
New York JFK - 2 daily***
Boston - daily
Chicago - daily
Orlando - 3 weekly

* Increases to 8 weekly for ski season
** Increases to 5 weekly for ski season
*** Annual reduction to 11 weekly mid Jan-mid March

Canceled:
Krakow - (4 weekly)

EI regional is still being changed so havn't included it.

Vilnuis has fares showing but no flights bookable so unknow weather it will be dropped or not.

SecondDog
1st Jun 2012, 10:46
If I were responsible for bird control at Dublin, I'd just fill the ground with worms that were filled with poison. Job's a goodun' !

But in all seriousness, I'm rather surprised at that picture. I fly to Dublin maybe twice per month usually, I've never really had the 'pleasure' of seeing so many birds around at once. There surely must be some better control that can be employed over there to tackle the issue. I don't buy the argument of the fact it's an airport not far from the coast - we don't see these issues at Blackpool or Liverpool or any of the other coastal airports. All seems rather odd.

this is a fairly common sight at all airports (rooks and crows are counrtry-wide - not just near the coast) during the main cut of the summer, the airport's grass management policy should have increased bird vehicles shadowing the cut but it is inevitable to a degree that there is increased bird-risk during this process. The rooks and crows are actually quite good at staying out of the way of a/c. It is the tiny birds that are the problem as they sit on the runway and often lift just as the aircraft approaches them. That would be the scarier photograph!

stab3.5up
1st Jun 2012, 12:09
Never mind the birds!!!! Have you seen the Hares running about the place!!! Shetland Ponies are smaller.

liffy2A
1st Jun 2012, 16:54
The reason there has been so many bird strikes is the DAA cutting the grass so short a few weeks back. Coming for a farming background it looks to me like they just got ordinary agri contractors in, probably making round bales for sale. Once you cut the grass that short( sometimes exposing soil ) it makes it a haven for birds looking for food. Ideally it should be 2 or 3 inches long short enough not to nest in long enough to, well you see what..... I hope they have learned from there mistake this time round with all the bird strikes. i wonder how many bale they made the sale for €4.50 a pop.

Mlinnie
2nd Jun 2012, 11:29
Why was there 2 flights to charlotte today ?

sam the horse
2nd Jun 2012, 16:07
One flight was cancelled on Friday,

nosefirsteverytime
5th Jun 2012, 18:52
Anyone got any details on the Washington route starting up? Marked it on the calendar as this Friday a few months back, had a phalanx of United-DAA PR folk passing me at work today. Any news?

I'm just wondering when she'll be in & out, an extra chunk of people to deal with at whatever time of day it's going at.

Jamie2k9
5th Jun 2012, 23:17
Its scheduled to arrive at 09.55 and depart at 11.25 on Friday.

nosefirsteverytime
6th Jun 2012, 05:19
Great, as if 9 to 11 wasn't busy *enough*, that's 4 flights within (I think) 45 minutes from each other. I'm not gonna need a gym membership, rushed off my feet at work! *buys shoe supports*

Mlinnie
6th Jun 2012, 15:37
How are the bookings going on the Washington route ? I heard it's been reduced to 4 or 5 weekly in the Winter so surely that can't be a good sign ? :confused:

stab3.5up
6th Jun 2012, 15:54
Is iad anyones hub or just a lets give it a go route n see wot happens?

Mlinnie
6th Jun 2012, 16:10
I Think it's a hub for United

johnrizzo2000
6th Jun 2012, 17:32
Is iad anyones hub or just a lets give it a go route n see wot happens

Its a faily big hub for United

How are the bookings going on the Washington route ? I heard it's been reduced to 4 or 5 weekly in the Winter so surely that can't be a good sign ? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

It would certainly be a more positive sign if the route was to remain daily year round. Delta is also reducing its ATL route to 5 weekly for the winter season, so it will be interesting to see if US and EI reduce services more than previous winter's

OltonPete
6th Jun 2012, 17:39
Washington IAD

Just posted on another forum that IAD is the "new" United's 6th largest hub with just under 300 flights a day but nearly two thirds of those are on circa 70 seat aircraft.

This is less than half the number of flights per day compared to their Houston (IAH) and ORD hubs and even San Francisco has more but a good comparison is Newark with around 425-450 flights a day.

I must admit I though Washington was a lot busier with UA flights and that both DUB and MAN on the 757 seemed an ideal progression although Chicago I believe was originally rumoured at Manchester before IAD was announced.

Pete

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Jun 2012, 17:59
It would certainly be a more positive sign if the route was to remain daily year round. Delta is also reducing its ATL route to 5 weekly for the winter season, so it will be interesting to see if US and EI reduce services more than previous winter's

According to EI there US flights done very well from DUB last winter so I don't see why they will cut.

IAD bookings are very good and the reduction is nothing to be worried about as all carriers reduce in low season. All US carriers are cutting for winter with DL and UA closing a number of major European routes because of rising fuel prices.

Mlinnie
7th Jun 2012, 21:39
Well I wish United all the best with their new Washington route :ok: Air Canada is back tomorrow with their daily seasonal service to Toronto, Air Moldova starting 19th June & Ryanair Dublin-Warsaw is starting 18th July.

On another note what will the frequency be for S7 Airlines Dublin-Moscow this summer ?

EI-A330-300
10th Jun 2012, 12:26
anyone have a full list of the aircraft typs nd harter airlines for euros over da weekend

Jamie2k9
10th Jun 2012, 14:16
Saturday:
BMI Regional EMB-145
Flybe EMB-195
Luxair B737-700
Small Planet B737-300
Danube Wings ATR-42
Arkefly B737-800
OLT Express A320
Enter Air B737-400
Air Contractors B737-300
Cityjet RJ85
Thomas Cook Belgium A320 (was scheduled but not sure if it actualy operated)

Sunday:
Germania A319
BMI Regional EMB-145
Danube Wings ATR-72
Thomas Cook Scandinavia A330-300

Copenhagen
10th Jun 2012, 14:31
S7 once weekly on a saturday - 23:00 departure.

SecondDog
10th Jun 2012, 16:24
Anyone know if the FR service to TLL will be kept this coming winter season?

chinapattern
11th Jun 2012, 13:49
Etihad have announced that Dublin will be among the first destinations for the Dreamliner. They are expected to start receiving them in 2014 so still a while off yet.

stab3.5up
11th Jun 2012, 16:27
Did they not announce that a while back?

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Jun 2012, 11:12
Reports that main runway has being closed becasue of an insident within the last hour involving an imcoming aircraft. Flights currently not affected.

Can't confirm but it may be an EI regional flight from Isle Of Man

EI-A330-300
12th Jun 2012, 11:21
It was an EI regional flight from IOM, burst a tyre landing, runway lightly to remain closed for a while as the a/c is disabled.

12th Jun 2012, 11:22
Just a burst tyre apparently.

propburner
12th Jun 2012, 13:14
Suprise Suprise.......:O