PDA

View Full Version : DUBLIN - 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

dublindispatch
7th Mar 2011, 15:50
Any update on whats happening after July when the PSO money goes? Anyone interested in the routes does any of u know

Jack1985
7th Mar 2011, 15:55
Pso Routes
Any update on whats happening after July when the PSO money goes? Anyone interested in the routes does any of u know

To be honest i cant see the routes going ahead after the PSO contracts expire, after the blow Manx2 has taken i wudnt be suprised if they delay developments for another 2yrs, who knows though these things chop and change by the day! maybe Loganair could take an intrest but to be honest i cant see the DAA chasing up operators for DUB-> GWY, LDY, NOC, SXL

dublindispatch
7th Mar 2011, 21:45
The DAA might not but if u transit thru DUB you get the extra money making LDY-DUB-ORK-DUB-LDY for example worth the punt if you sell it as through service via DUB but its more likey the regional airports looking for the business rather than DAA but business is business, its not the size but what you do with it that matters, the aircraft that is not the airport.

But i agree I would say those routes are a non starter especialy after the Manx2 incident, but throwing it out to you guys, other than manx2 are there any european airlines that might give it a go?

Cyrano
7th Mar 2011, 22:43
The DAA might not but if u transit thru DUB you get the extra money making LDY-DUB-ORK-DUB-LDY for example worth the punt if you sell it as through service via DUB but its more likey the regional airports looking for the business rather than DAA but business is business, its not the size but what you do with it that matters, the aircraft that is not the airport.

Would a bit of punctuation kill you? :hmm:

As far as I can make out, you're asking whether any other operator would be likely to have a go at a couple of the PSO routes on a commercial basis (with no subsidy) on the basis that they could sell one-stop services within Ireland? And something about the size of the aircraft not mattering?

1. No. Dream on. Sorry.
2. From the point of view of operating economics (=profit or loss for the airline), the aircraft size does matter. Believe me, it matters very much.

airbourne
8th Mar 2011, 23:06
I am currently sitting in the Oasis lounge at JFK. On the outbound I went to the Priority Pass lounge at Dublin, which is also the temp lounge for Aer Lingus. Honestly its pretty pathetic. From what I remember, it was just a room with a load of chairs, a bar with drinks, and a few snacks. Compare it to where I am now and its so much different. The Oasis lounge is streets ahead of Dublin, even on a bad day.

Jamie2k9
8th Mar 2011, 23:10
New Air France by CityJet route to Pau, France every Saturday from April 2nd 2011!

Must admit I didn't expect that route.

So far this year 13 new routes will start. Hopefully a few more lather in the year.

jucylucy
9th Mar 2011, 19:37
any news if Primera will make a return to Dublin this summer?:confused:

Airbus321-200
9th Mar 2011, 19:44
Primera will probably never return as they worked for the old budget travel which went bust, not to be confused with the new one.

Europe Airpost seemed to have filled the gap.

brianoh
10th Mar 2011, 17:45
Hi Jamie,

What are the 13 routes that you heard lined up for this year besides Pau and Charlotte?

Anything juicy on the list? :-)

Brian.

Jamie2k9
10th Mar 2011, 18:01
Aer Lingus - Izmir (2 weekly), Stuttgart (4 weekly), Aberdeen (6 weekly), Brostil (20 weekly), Rennes (3 weekly), Perpignan (2 weekly)
Air France operated by City Jet - Pau ( 1 weekly)
Blue Air - Bacu (2 weekly)
Luthansa - Munich (1 weekly)
Ryanair - Ibiza (2 weekly), Vilnius (3 weekly)
Sunwings - Toronto-Pearson (1 weekly)
US Airways - Charlotte (daily)

A number of other airlines have increased flights or put larger aircraft on routes.

dublindispatch
11th Mar 2011, 17:18
VNO by FR doesnt count as it taking over from BT which was up too 5 times a week plus the Star1 to VNO so i think that should be discounted from the list

dublindispatch
11th Mar 2011, 18:00
OMG some stories just wont do the decent thing and die a slow dignified death!!! Its that old AI story yet again!! See last line of story!!! Does that mix STILL include DUB?

Birmingham Airport boss Paul Kehoe has said that he is hopeful that direct flights between Birmingham and India will be resurrected this year, the Birmingham Mail reports. Thousands of passengers who used the route between the city and Amritsar to visit friends and family were left disappointed when Air India scrapped the link in 2008.
Other airlines have introduced flights that connect to India via Vienna, Dubai and Turkmenistan, but Mr Kehoe said talks are ongoing to bring the direct connection back. He said the airport is among the contenders to become Air India’s new hub for European flights. A decision is expected later this year.
He told the newspaper: ‘We have been speaking to the airline through our worst recession and that is encouraging. The flights to Amritsar stopped on the day I joined the airport because Air India was keen to protect its flight slots at Heathrow – it was not due to demand. I am keen to bring them back and I think a lot of people in Birmingham and places like Leicester would be very pleased. Air India is keen to move its European hub and we are in the mix to pick that up.'

EC-ILS
12th Mar 2011, 17:15
Dublin, relax, this is nothing to do with DUB, it looks likely that AI will launch a MAN/BHX-India flight, not the hub idea that was previously mentioned!

Charlie Roy
13th Mar 2011, 10:35
Its that old AI story yet again!!

I'm surprised it hasn't made a comeback with the news that Ireland's new Minister for Tourism is off to India for Saint Patrick's Day :E

j_davey
13th Mar 2011, 20:59
Is the AF/WX route to Pau not from LCY?

No and Yes,

It originates from DUB, but I have been told that it will Op DUB-LCY-PUF from time to time.

ryan2000
13th Mar 2011, 21:32
EC-ILS, I did hear from
another source that BHX was in serious contention for the hub.

DuneMentat
14th Mar 2011, 09:37
No and Yes,

It originates from DUB, but I have been told that it will Op DUB-LCY-PUF from time to time.

As far as I understand it is 2 separate routes (in fact 3 as WX will start a route from Amsterdam to Pau as well)

Amsterdam - Pau
AF5246 AMS-PUF Sat 0730 - 0950
AF5247 PUF-AMS Sat 1540 - 1800

AF5248 AMS-PUF Sun 1455 - 1715
AF5249 PUF-AMS Sun 1755 - 2015

Dublin - Pau
AF5178 DUB-PUF Sat 1315 - 1640
AF5179 PUF-DUB Sat 1725 - 1850

London City - Pau
AF5283 LCY-PUF Mon, Thu 0910 - 1215
AF5282 PUF-LCY Mon, Thu 1250 - 1345

AF5285 LCY-PUF Sat 1200 - 1505
AF5284 PUF-LCY Sat 1025 - 1130

DM

Jamie2k9
17th Mar 2011, 14:42
A team from Air India are due back in Dublin in the next 6 - 8 weeks.

Air India considering operational base at Dublin - Economy and Politics - livemint.com (http://www.livemint.com/2011/03/17180158/Air-India-considering-operatio.html?h=B)

akerosid
17th Mar 2011, 18:19
Good to see that Leo Varadkar - who is of Indian descent - going to India to meet his Indian opposite number. Can't hurt!

It is also interesting to see that the negotiations seem to be talking place at government level, rather than at AI/DAA level; that, I think, is also a positive, because the Indian-Irish relationship can be pushed by other departments as well; perhaps a visit to Ireland by PM Manmohan Singh could be arranged; India is a massively important market, as a trading partner and as a possible tourism source, and we need to be aggressively proactive in getting into that market; getting AI to develop a hub at DUB would be a huge boost to that.

One possible obstacle is runway length, but extending this over a period of time (say 12-18 mos.) could be part of the deal. However, AI is one of the four or five carriers who will receive 787s this year (yes, at last!) and they would have no problem with DUB operations.

wanna_be_there
17th Mar 2011, 19:32
Im sorry and this is nothing against DUB/SNN in particular, but, I just dont see what the fuss is with this pre border clearance?!?
You still have to go through the same passport check procedures, you still have to queue but instead, they take your duty free allowance!

Yes, at the moment the queues are slightly smaller (at the USA I have personally never waited longer then 10-15 mins, and Ive arrived with a few international flights at once too), and the more and more flights that use DUB for the pre-clearance then negates the time saved as more people are queuing.

Then to DUB itself RE AI, I still think AI should go for BHX as a hub. The runway isnt that difference from DUB, but at least there is a huge population to support it (more than DUB could ever offer). Even MAN would be a better option, as it has the larger populations to support, and at least cargo could go out completly full.
Then again, has any decision by AI ever made sense?

Copenhagen
17th Mar 2011, 22:26
They don't take your duty free allowance. Its the exact same!

Noxegon
18th Mar 2011, 07:27
The advantage is the ability to land in domestic terminals which are on the whole more efficient and less congested than the international ones.

At MCO you used to have to disembark, reclaim your bag, recheck your bag, clear security, take a train across the airport, then wait for your bag again. There's no need to do that any more.

Jamie2k9
18th Mar 2011, 16:14
Airport alert as rogue passenger strolls past security and onto jet - National News, Frontpage - Herald.ie (http://www.herald.ie/national-news/airport-alert-as-rogue-passenger-strolls-past-security-and-onto-jet-2584601.html)

How could he pass security and the boarding gate.

Seljuk22
25th Mar 2011, 14:08
AA will re-launch daily flights ORD-DUB with B767-300
American Airlines Re-Launches Chicago - Dublin Flight and Moves to Dublin's Terminal 2 - Mar 25, 2011 (http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3189)

dublindispatch
26th Mar 2011, 11:59
And are AA going to stay of bugger off again in October!

Re T2 and all this chat about hubs n preclearance, T2 can hardly cope with the widebody aircraft on it at the moment never mind the second US flight and the return of AA.

It just dont have enough wide body stands unless some cartographer is busy with a pen tring to do a 36L and 36R type job to try and squeeze more parking stands... or are the DAA going to ask EI to go back to the B pier for UK and European flights to free up stands in T2???

Jamie2k9
26th Mar 2011, 13:09
T2 8 wide body stands I think.

Aer Lingus A330 - 05:15 - 10:45 (daily)
Aer Lingus A330 - 05:20 - 14:10 (daily)
Aer Lingus A330 - 07:55 - 11:00 (Mon, Fri, Sun)
Aer Lingus A330 - 08:15 - 12:30 (Teu, Thurs, Sat)
Aer Lingus A330 - 09:50 - 17:00 (daily)
Aer Lingus A330 - 08:25 - 12:50 (daily)
Continental B757 - 06:55 - 09:00 (daily)
Continental B757 - 09:25 - 10:55 (daily)
Delta - B757 - 08:45 - 10:30 (daily)
Delta - A330/B767 - 10:30 - 12:30 (daily)
American - B767 - 08:00 - 10:00 (daily)
US Airways - B767 - 08:45 - 11:15 (daily)
US Airways - B757 - 06:50 - 09:15 (daily)
Eithad Airways - A330 - 07:50 - 09:20 (daily except Tues)
Eithad Airways - A330 - 14:55 - 20:55 (Sat, Sun, Tues, Thur)

Even if Some of the Aer Lingus A330 are moved away from stands during the week there will still be problems on Weekends as they operate AGP, FAO in the mornings.

Just imagine if Air Canada (B767) Air Transit (A330/A310) and Sunwing (B767) were operateing out of T2 as well.

And are AA going to stay of bugger off again in October!

They have flights on Sale next winter.

Aer Lingus Regional flights to Aberdeen and Bristol will operate form T2 from tomorrow. Thats according to Dublin Airport website Flights info.

eireoflot82
28th Mar 2011, 20:00
Saw this link in another forum
//business-standard.com/india/news/once-bitten-air-india-shies-awayeurope/430127/

“We do not plan to make any hub in Europe, or Dublin for that matter, because it does not make sense for a carrier like us, which has direct flights to the US. All our flights are doing well,” said a top AI official, who did not want to be identified."

“With the amount of fuel you need to have in the aircraft for a Delhi-Dublin flight, a Boeing 777 will not be able to land or take off on this runway. For such operations, one at least needs a 10,500-ft runway,” said Mohan Ranganathan, a Chennai-based aviation analyst, who has worked as a pilot with various airlines.
He adds that the airport is also “notorious” when it comes to landing and takeoff, and pilots need special training, which would be further trouble for the ailing carrier."

Noxegon
28th Mar 2011, 21:14
My mother took the afternoon EI flight to JFK today and was surprised to discover that it does not use the much-promoted pre-clearance.

akerosid
28th Mar 2011, 22:17
I guess we all kind of knew that the runway length would be an issue, but hopefully this might act as a prompt to do something about it.

As for the rest of the comments ... yes, Dublin was one of those peculiarly difficult straight in approaches with ILS, PAPIs and a lack of mountains or particularly bad weather ... very difficult indeed (well, for pilots who haven't forged their flying licences!)

Jamie2k9
28th Mar 2011, 22:58
My mother took the afternoon EI flight to JFK today and was surprised to discover that it does not use the much-promoted pre-clearance.

EI109 - DUB - JFK
EI139 - DUB - BOS

Both don't use pre clearance in Dublin. No idea why.

All other Aer Lingus US flights us it here in Dublin.

Aer Lingus: Travel Information - US immigration (http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformation/movetoterminal2atdublin/usimmigration/#d.en.8503)

There is still officials from Air India due in Dublin in the next 3 - 4 weeks.

Skipness One Echo
28th Mar 2011, 23:04
With the amount of fuel you need to have in the aircraft for a Delhi-Dublin flight, a Boeing 777 will not be able to land or take off on this runway. For such operations, one at least needs a 10,500-ft runway,” said Mohan Ranganathan, a Chennai-based aviation analyst, who has worked as a pilot with various airlines.
He adds that the airport is also “notorious” when it comes to landing and takeoff, and pilots need special training, which would be further trouble for the ailing carrier.

Odd that Emirates manage out of Glasgow though.....

Jamie2k9
28th Mar 2011, 23:11
Odd that Emirates manage out of Glasgow though.....

Eithad have done it out of Dublin a few times last April and May.

JetPhotos.Net Photo » A6-ETC (CN: 34599) Etihad Airways Boeing 777-3FXER by PAUL QUINN (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6835049)

ryan2000
29th Mar 2011, 06:24
If the Runway is such a hindereance and if the Air India have no intention of starting a hub them you'd wonder what the DAA and Air India have been talking about for the last 12 months or so.

Noxegon
29th Mar 2011, 07:06
Fuel (and thus weight/take off distance) required from DUB-AUH is much less than that from DUB-DEL.

And as for pre-clearance, I reckon it's because the US Immigration staff only work mornings?

Copenhagen
29th Mar 2011, 07:19
Dublin was one of those peculiarly difficult straight in approaches with ILS, PAPIs and a lack of mountains or particularly bad weather ... very difficult indeed (well, for pilots who haven't forged their flying licences!)

That dangerous dublin quote is bizarre - perhaps he has forgotten the local rabied dogs, that 10% of airport land is filled with slum dwellers, the porus perimiter fence, the fact that the R27 LOC was stolen in broad daylight and the 'wonderful' apron lighting that enables you to spot the ground staff in their 'florescent' uniforms. All in the commercial capital :ugh:

Moving on...

The business standard article is full of non quotable comments from people not wanting to be quoted - even an analyst who doesnt want to be quoted - wonder why - analysts have something to sell?

It must be true then.

If AI were not interested in Dublin - why would they sending a team to Ireland to visit, and have shortlisted down the airports to two. CPH and MAD were unsuccessful if it is now down to DUB and BHX.

Sober Lark
29th Mar 2011, 11:32
So who didn't do their homework on unchecked facts, Surajeet Das Gupta or Mihir Mishra?

wanna_be_there
29th Mar 2011, 11:54
If AI were not interested in Dublin - why would they sending a team to Ireland to visit, and have shortlisted down the airports to two

But did anyone notice 99% of the info comming about AI was from Irish Source. Apart from one American source, I have not seen a single Indian source to say AI were hubbing at DUB.

If the Runway is such a hindereance and if the Air India have no intention of starting a hub them you'd wonder what the DAA and Air India have been talking about for the last 12 months or so

Again AI havent actually said anything though, have they. Whats even funnier is, that the Irish Transport Minister recently went to India, and during that time, met with AI. Whats interesting is, in the very comprehensive list of 'people he met' during his visit, it doesnt actually mention anyone from AI. He met the CAA guys, but sepnt the time talking about Delhi and the duty free shops.

Realistically, did people honestly expect AI to come. Apart from per clearance (which I still see as a false economy) and cheap fees, what could DUB offer AI? Theres already a strong TATL presence at DUB, to the point that even AA have a hard time justifying a year round service, theres very very little O&D presence, the runway is short so likely the aircraft would be payload restricted, and with AI in star, little feed options into the hub.

ryan2000
29th Mar 2011, 13:00
If someone had asked me two years ago, I'd have said it was a bizarre story but I can't imagine the DAA putting such time and effort into it if there isn't some chance of success. If it is down to DUB and BHX, the large Indian Community in the UK will be a major factor. Let's hope the runway lenght doesn't lose it for Dublin.

Aer Rianta/ DAA have had ample time to extend it over the years.

Jamie2k9
29th Mar 2011, 15:19
Let's hope the runway lenght doesn't lose it for Dublin.

BHX runway is 2599m
DUB runway is 2637m

so it wont be the runway that would lose it.

EISNN
29th Mar 2011, 15:58
@Jaime2K
Even if Some of the Aer Lingus A330 are moved away from stands during the week there will still be problems on Weekends as they operate AGP, FAO in the mornings.

don't forget that one of the EI aircraft that arrive in such as EI104 and EI136 will go AGP and the other goes to the Hangar for regular maintenance checks. They won't sit there for long periods of time so there will be space.

Also, as has been pointed out here too, EI109 and EI139 don't use the USCBP facility due to USCBP staff not working after a certain time. So I reckon the aircraft that operate those flights will be departing from Pier B. Aer Lingus have said that some of their flights will have to operate out of Pier B during the summer schedule due to capacity issues in T2 - which was also mentioned here before. To be fair it makes sense to use the closest pier to T2 to allow for the overflow don't you think?

Skipness One Echo
29th Mar 2011, 16:13
EI109 and EI139 don't use the USCBP facility due to USCBP staff not working after a certain time.

I guess these are all Americans and there aren't enough to cover the flights the airport has then?

Copenhagen
29th Mar 2011, 17:30
Whats interesting is, in the very comprehensive list of 'people he met' during his visit, it doesnt actually mention anyone from AI.

Ministers visit Ministers on state visits- thats governmental protocol. AI is a state company, and the ultimate shareholder is the minister he met. The working group are visiting in two weeks - remember....

More seriously - I wonder if the Indian Minister of Civil Aviation told his counterpart about how dangerous Dublin was as it is obvioulsy true since it is in the newspaper article, and everone else considers the rest of the article as crystal clear fact :ugh:

Since the newspaper artcle states that Ireland isn't a tourist destination lets also accept that as fact as it must be true - just like the dangers at the airport. This is the same un-educated 'Why-oh-why is ryanair flying to a place where z's replace vowels - who wants to go there....' perhaps the people from there want to go to London! duh! In this case - what about India for the Irish?

The article quotes a retired director and some safety consultant who seems worried about what I can only think are those subversive lepracauns!

Time to move on. Let the airline make the decision - whenever that would be.

wanna_be_there
29th Mar 2011, 17:49
The working group are visiting in two weeks

But again, AI themselfs havent actually stated they are visiting have they? Its just newspaper articles.

Im sorry to be so pessemistic, but even if the hub is announced, I give it 12-18 months anyway. There is just nothing to keep AI at DUB, and if a higher yieldinG, and higher O&D airport such as FRA cant work, then DUB is unlikely to work too.

Jamie2k9
30th Mar 2011, 21:14
American Airlines increase DUB - ORD.

B763 - 5 April - 17 November (757 was due back mid October)
B757 - 18 November - March 2012.

Also a while back I said that Delta would operate a A330-300 on DUB - ATL for the months of June, July and August.

They will now operate the A330 between 3 June - 29 October.

dublindispatch
31st Mar 2011, 09:14
And a possible second JFK flight for DL

Jamie2k9
12th Apr 2011, 23:58
And a possible second JFK flight for DL

Delta have added 2 extra weekly flights.
Daily - arrive DUB 8:45 - depart DUB 10:30 - B757
Thur & Fri - arrive DUB 06:50 - depart DUB 14:10 - B767 (1 June - 1 Sep)

The B767 will then return from 29 October and operate daily through out the winter season.

positive
13th Apr 2011, 09:05
Delta have added 2 extra weekly flights.
Daily - arrive DUB 8:45 - depart DUB 10:30 - B757
Thur & Fri - arrive DUB 06:50 - depart DUB 14:10 - B767 (1 June - 1 Sep)

The B767 will then return from 29 October and operate daily through out the winter season.

Good news on the extra flights any news on the passenger figures for March at Dublin?
hopefully the figures are on the up!

dublindispatch
13th Apr 2011, 09:40
Is AA all year this year or taking a break for the Winter?

Skipness One Echo
13th Apr 2011, 10:02
Is AA all year this year or taking a break for the Winter?

If only each airline had their own websiite to answer such questions....

dublindispatch
13th Apr 2011, 14:02
Why bother with the web wen u have pprune lol!!

Cyrano
13th Apr 2011, 15:28
Why bother with the web wen u have pprune lol!!

See answer here. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=american+airlines+dublin+year-round) :hmm:

dublindispatch
13th Apr 2011, 16:29
Thanks for the help guys I thought one of you aerosexuals may have know the answer but alas no

Skipness One Echo
13th Apr 2011, 16:58
Why bother with the web wen u have PPRuNe lol!!

You do know that prrune is on the web right?

Jamie2k9
13th Apr 2011, 18:30
AA are back year round as I stated on page 15.

Delight
14th Apr 2011, 20:41
Hi all,
I have a couple of Dublin related questions, that I'm hoping one of you lovely Prruners can answer for me.

The missus and I are flying from Edinburgh to Boston via Dublin in August. Connecting flight is a code-share with Aer Arann and the transatlantic leg is Aer Lingus.

I am pretty sure the Boston flight will leave from Dublin T2. Will the Aer Arann flight come into T2 or will we need to change terminals?

Will we clear customs and immigration in Dublin? I've read reports that not all flights do this.

Finally, can we book a business class lounge in Dublin. We have a long lay over on the way back so we wouldn't mind paying for a wee bit of comfort.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Delight.

Jamie2k9
14th Apr 2011, 21:56
You will arrive in T1 from EDI. Boston will depart from T2. It's easy to go between Terminals.

If the Boston flights is departing at 14:10 you will clear immigration. If it's departing at 11:00 you will not clear immigration.

You can book lounge access when you go to manage booking on Aer Lingus site.

EI-BUD
14th Apr 2011, 23:30
Interesting to note that FR Dublin/Prestwick significantly down (-30%) in March 2011 compared to March 2010, and AerLingus Regional up strongly (+30%). It would seem that the smaller aircraft is a strong weapon against Ryanair's 738s!!!!

EI-BUD

Jamie2k9
14th Apr 2011, 23:38
Ryanair reduced flights to PIK. There was at least 4 flights less each way every week.

EISNN
15th Apr 2011, 00:23
@Jamie2k9

If the Boston flights is departing at 14:10 you will clear immigration. If it's departing at 11:00 you will not clear immigration.

How come the early one doesn't have clearance and the later one does? It doesn't seem to make sense when the USCBP officials are on duty from earlier in the morning with DL and CO departures not to mention their own 105 to JFK which only departs 30 minutes before hand. I'm shocked and disappointed that EI are not using the facility to its full potential.

Noxegon
15th Apr 2011, 06:18
I'm guessing that the US personnel have a limited working day, and that their services are only available until 13:30. It's probably not EI's fault.

Skipness One Echo
15th Apr 2011, 09:41
Interesting to note that FR Dublin/Prestwick significantly down (-30%) in March 2011 compared to March 2010, and AerLingus Regional up strongly (+30%). It would seem that the smaller aircraft is a strong weapon against Ryanair's 738s!!!!

Your conclusion is false and not suported by the data.

Ryanair dropped capacity on PIK-DUB so outwith the FR service the market was forced to pay way more to fly on a smaller and slower aircraft with RE. It's not that RE is better, it's more frequent but also slower and more expensive than the A320 it replaced, it's just operating at times when the market needs to travel, something Ryanair are forgetting.

People are not choosing the ATR72 out of choice, they are doing so because FR are shooting themselves in the foot again. I think they are losing the ability to deal well with some of their more mature markets which will have impact as the dash for growth ends. The bit that's missing is whether the drop in capacity means that FR's DUB-PIK is operating at a better profit and the same for RE. Damn commercial confidentiality!

EISNN
15th Apr 2011, 09:43
@noxegon Jamie is saying that the flight that goes at 11am is not covered by us cbp but the 14.30 flight is. so it's not to do with the limited working day.

Noxegon
15th Apr 2011, 11:52
Jamie has it backwards. The morning flight uses preclearance; the afternoon flight does not.

CallBell
15th Apr 2011, 13:03
The morning flight EI 139 does not use USCBP and only departs 3 times a week. The later flight EI 137 does use the facility and the flight is daily. AFAIK the reason for the 139 not using it is due to congestion, there are a lot of flights leaving DUB for the USA in the mornings.

dublindispatch
15th Apr 2011, 16:36
Only the first CO flight uses CBP.

vkid
17th Apr 2011, 10:52
Will stick it here seeing as DAA control them all..interesting

Government to consider selling airports | BreakingNews.ie (http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/government-to-consider-selling-airports-501624.html#ixzz1Jm1WFiJm)

Jamie2k9
17th Apr 2011, 11:13
DUB profits - 35 million
ORK lost - 10 million
SNN lost - 5 million

Profits at Dublin airport exceed DAA expectations, states report - The Irish Times - Sat, Apr 16, 2011 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0416/1224294801818.html)

NorthernCounties
17th Apr 2011, 11:18
I would sell both Cork and Shannon as to ensure healthy competition, and I think ORK would do best out of this. I wouldn't however sell DUB until the benefits/negatives were realised from the selling of ORK. Don't know how Shannon would fair though.

vkid
17th Apr 2011, 11:20
How is ork losing twice what Shannon lost??

dublindispatch
18th Apr 2011, 14:22
Oh i wud say the sale is a done deal already just getting us all in the frame of mind to accept it.

NorthernCounties
18th Apr 2011, 14:28
Who would buy them though, hopefully not the same idiots that own BFS. And surely not BAA!

Jack1985
18th Apr 2011, 17:21
I've heard MAG Airports are a potential buyer for Cork, any one else heard this?

Jamie2k9
19th Apr 2011, 15:35
Over 1.4 million passengers through Dublin in March down 3% on 2010.

Late Easter hoildays and sharp fall in domestic traffic.
Jan down 60%
Feb down 72%
Mar down 68%

So far this year over 3.8 million. 2% decline on 2010.

positive
19th Apr 2011, 16:03

Over 1.4 million passengers through Dublin in March down 3% on 2010.
So far this year over 3.8 million. 2% decline on 2010.

Not too bad as April should show a large increase than last year as the ash cloud closed Dublin for a week any news on Cork or Shannon?

dublindispatch
19th Apr 2011, 17:16
I am actually surprised that the DUB figures are not worse. I hope that this summer sees the start of some growth again and keeps our jobs in it a little more secure no matter who we work for!

NorthernCounties
23rd Apr 2011, 11:01
I see that Emirates regularly fly their A380 into Man, do they ever use it when flying to Dub?

chuboy
23rd Apr 2011, 11:38
Emirates does not fly to Dublin, and even if the did, DUB is not A380-capable. So no.

NorthernCounties
23rd Apr 2011, 12:27
Oops my bad... confused Ethiad with them. Guess when their A380's arrive we won't be capable then either. Ah well...

Jamie2k9
23rd Apr 2011, 13:57
Even if DUB could handle the A380 then I don't think Eithad would use it on the route as they currently service some of there A330 aircraft at there maintence base here in Dublin.

dublindispatch
24th Apr 2011, 09:20
Dub is certified for A380. It is an Air France diversion station for the A380. One stand in T2 is designated for use in an emergency.

FR-
24th Apr 2011, 13:52
Does Dublin only have status code F, for diverts only.

Just a spotter
24th Apr 2011, 18:59
Dub is certified for A380. It is an Air France diversion station for the A380. One stand in T2 is designated for use in an emergency.

I didn't know that. Are any other airports in Ireland similarly designated? I presume Shannon.

That said, an emergency diversion airport is somewhat different from being an operational destination from which an economical pax and cargo load plus long haul fuel can be lifted off the runway.

JAS

fivejuliet
24th Apr 2011, 20:53
It could land at Shannon but there are no stands suitable for it

Jamie2k9
25th Apr 2011, 22:33
Sunwing Airlines service between DUB - YYZ has being cancelled.

Airbus321-200
26th Apr 2011, 09:11
Does anyone know why the sunwing service has been cancelled? is it all their long haul plans?

or was Air canada and Transat too much competition?

Jamie2k9
26th Apr 2011, 22:39
It's just Dublin which has being canceled.

Varadkar: I'll keep travel tax if airlines don't open new routes - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/varadkar-ill-keep-travel-tax-if-airlines-dont-open-new-routes-2629192.html)

Main Points:
Part-Privatisation of ORK and SNN so they can be independent of DUB

But he says Cork and Shannon are losing a lot of money and Dublin is carrying an enormous debt from Terminal 2.
Mr Varadkar said an option is to part-privatise Cork and Shannon to avoid lumping their debts on to Dublin and give them independence.

Travel Tax - scrapped in next months budget if agreement can be reached.
Aer Lingus talks going well
Ryanair "Want it all there own way"
New routes must be aimed at tourists and not Bucket and Spade routes.
Deal on airport charges to be looked at
Tax would return in airlines don't open new routes

I have no idea what new routes Aer Lingus can bring to Dublin which are not already served, but they could bring some to Cork.

NorthernCounties
27th Apr 2011, 07:31
The huff and puff strategy employed by FR can-not be sustained... they're cutting routes everywhere as they don't get their own way! I'd like to see some Scandinavian routes, where people still have disposable income.

If FR don't take the opportunity then I'd like to see DUB attracting more routes from Norwegian Air Shuttle,

Would love to see us develop our relationship with Singapore airlines as well. Moving from just cargo to at least one or two scheduled services a week. Could attract the Australian tourist. I know this is most pie in the sky though.

fivejuliet
27th Apr 2011, 10:14
NorthernCounties, Singapore Cargo stopped serving Dublin quite some time ago now.

Sober Lark
3rd May 2011, 11:40
PAX must walk from T2 with baggage, under partial cover from the elements and cross roads to reach T1 where they can board a bus? Seemingly a bus can drop off at T2 but can't pick up. Does anyone know if this a temporary inconvenience or is it a design fault?

eireoflot82
5th May 2011, 11:14
No room for Croker in Obama’s flying visit · TheJournal (http://www.thejournal.ie/no-room-for-croker-in-obamas-flying-visit-131429-May2011/)

Obama will arrive in dub on may 23 at 9:30am and leave (snn?)a day later.no pep rally at croke park due to lack of notice for security and schedule.

Sober Lark
5th May 2011, 12:29
After the movies he's been watching recently do you really think they'd give full details of his travel plans?

eireoflot82
5th May 2011, 16:38
didn't stop them from releasing the queen's itinerary.

Sober Lark
6th May 2011, 12:49
Point taken eireoflo82 but I'd imagine they incorporate a few decoys in what they feed to the media.
Ref post #345 DAA reply:
The Dublin Airport Ground Transportation Centre is located to the rear of the T1 Multi-Storey Car Park Atrium building, adjacent to T2. It comprises a dedicated Coach Park, High-sided Vehicle surface Park, and four lanes with dedicated bus stops, including car park and car hire shuttle bus pick-up and drop-off. Elderly passengers or passengers with reduced mobility can avail of assistance from our Reduced Mobility Service Provide (OCS) to access this area, if required.We have a facility in place to drop-off Long Term Car Park customers at Terminal 2. However, the current arrangement is for all passengers to pick-up all Long Term Car Park buses from their original area. We have been continuously reviewing and gauging our customer's feedback regarding this matter and recently have trialled the possibility of a pick-up area from Terminal 2. In designing the Dublin Airport roads network and operations plan, DAA had to consider a number of factors and work within a number of parameters, including planning restrictions and roads capacities. I trust the information above clarifies this matter for you.

dublindispatch
6th May 2011, 13:13
On another note have we all got our cameras and cine-cams ready for the big match to watch the extra flights coming in and out. Will be a mad and mental day at the airport for the europa league final thingy. Cant wait to see how the DAA plan this one!! First real test of T2.

ayroplain
6th May 2011, 17:26
Can't wait to see how the DAA plan this one!! First real test of T2.

I'd be more wondering about how the Ground Controllers will manage if the DAA want T2 used in this invasion. While passing through DUB recently I watched an EI A330 land on 28 and exit onto the parallel taxiways which lead directly down to T2. But not for long. It turned left and went on a grand tour of the airfield before finally joining the end of the queue of aircraft stretching back from the 28 holding point. The usual delays at the holding point followed as two turboprops wended their sluggish approach in and bit by bit the 330 edged forward following the others until, finally, sufficient space was there for it to nudge its way left of the queue and around the corner to the south side of T2. Not great if you've just spent 5/6 hours Transatlantic. Given that the Controllers never wanted T2 to be built where it is it will be interesting to see how they handle this unprecedented traffic.

A few questions:

1. Does anyone know how many aircraft are likely to be involved?

2. Am I correct in thinking that the aircraft will be on the ground at DUB all day and depart later after the game? If so, that should be one hell of a sight over by the fire station or even 11/29.

3. Is it likely that the main arrival/departure batches will be timed outside normal busy times at DUB (not too many of those, I know) especially during the morning exodus of FR's and EI's the following day.

Jamie2k9
12th May 2011, 21:18
Dublin Airport had just under 1.6 million passengers in April compared to under 1.2 million in April 2010.

So far this year just under 5.4 million have used the airport up 5.8%.

May should see a further increase with an extra 50,000 passengers due.

Longhitter
13th May 2011, 08:04
Are these pax figures corrected for the volcanic ash events? It might well look a lot less rosy with that in mind...

MAN777
13th May 2011, 19:02
First lists appearing here, along with an aircraft parking plan

Europa League Cup Final Dublin (http://www.niaviation.co.uk/index.php?topic=4249.0)

Jamie2k9
16th May 2011, 22:26
AA to suspend DUB - ORD this winter again. Flights will finish on 29 Oct and resume on 3 Apr 2012.

tallseabird
19th May 2011, 13:26
Can anyone tell me if the 12:30 Delta flight to ATL does the full pre-clearance in Dublin?

How do they decide who does and who doesn't clear in DUB?

Jamie2k9
19th May 2011, 15:06
All US flights except 1 EI to JFK and 1 EI to BOS use USPC.

How do they decide who does and who doesn't clear in DUB?

There is only a certain number of gates which can use USPC and there can be more US flight departures than gates which is why USPC is not available for all flights. I think it's 5 gates.

The reason Aer Lingus don't use it for the above flights is the time of day for second JFK and second BOS only goes 3 days a week.

lfc84
19th May 2011, 15:12
Advanced Passenger Information (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/about-us/advanced-passenger-information.aspx)

Terminal 2 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/terminal2.aspx)

there's probably some more specific info but i havent got time to find it

tallseabird
19th May 2011, 15:24
Thanks for the info.

I have looked on the DAA website and I can't see any specific info, I have looked on the Delta website and while I would have thought they would be shouting about it - nothing!

Jamie, that's the first explanation that makes sense - Thanks

Jamie2k9
19th May 2011, 21:02
Blue Air announce there third route from Dublin to Cluj-Napoca from 2 July.

Cluj-Napoca - 00:10 - DUB 01:55
DUB - 02:40 - Cluj-Napoca 07:55

Operates Monday and Saturday.

Flights will go Bucharest - Cluj-Napoca - Dublin but there will still be a direct flight to Bucharest once a week and it returns to two direct flights from end of October. This is because Cluj-Napoca is not a base.

Jamie2k9
3rd Jun 2011, 00:11
Over 20,000 more passengers will pass through the airport over the next 4 days compared to the June bank hoilday weekend last year. Just short of 2,000 flights.

The extra Delta flights start today.

Stevek
3rd Jun 2011, 10:31
That's based on the assumption of load factors being 100% on all flights. Slightly unrealistic.

airbourne
3rd Jun 2011, 11:49
6 flights a day to New York now. Is there sufficient numbers to put bums on seats?

Aer Lingus, Delta and Continental: Who will crack first, or who will put on the big seat sale?

DannyKelly22
5th Jun 2011, 22:33
i see delta have upgraded the JFK-DUB flight for the winter to a daily b767-400

SpringHeeledJack
7th Jun 2011, 14:56
Apologies if this has been done already, but i was wondering what was the thinking behind the new terminal at DUB. I arrived at street level, then had to get in a lift to descend a floor to the check-in. Thereafter a lift journey was needed to get to the 2nd floor for security, then an escalator up to the 3rd floor to get a lift to the 2nd floor, from where i had to walk to ANOTHER lift to the 1st floor and then along the concourse to the gate. :ugh: The signposting although there was very small and only obvious after you knew the way. There seemed to be quite a few older travellers having difficulties.

I've flown from hundreds of airports and in all that time, even in terminals under construction, where unhelpful diversions are necessary, i've never experienced such an illogical and passenger unfriendly system. What were the planners at the DAA thinking ? What were the architects thinking ? Anyone have any thoughts on this ? Thanks

SHJ

Jamie2k9
7th Jun 2011, 15:04
The only reason you would need to get a lift from the arrivals floorto check-in is if you walked from T1 to T2 or you came in from T2 car parks, otherwise check-in is at street level.

7th Jun 2011, 16:26
I'm not sure I agree about the layout, but the signposting in T2 does leave a bitto be desired.

SpringHeeledJack
7th Jun 2011, 16:31
I take it you've never flown out of MAN....?

Guilty! But even MAN didn't (2 years ago) have such a convoluted system as at DUB T2 and whereas UK airports seem to be victims of bit by bit renovations/renewals, the terminal in question was a clean sheet from the start and it could have been made into a dream such as many of the new terminals in Germany (i know, i know).

SHJ

Jamie2k9
7th Jun 2011, 22:52
BA diverted a B777 bound for Boston to DUB because of a sick passenger.

daraireland
8th Jun 2011, 22:19
Hi,

Why were there three British/US Chinocks in DUB this week, parked over by the control tower? Hardly still hannging around since the big visits last week?

Cheers

daraireland
12th Jun 2011, 21:15
Cheers ASFKAP.

Noxegon
12th Jun 2011, 21:46
The Chinooks were still there this morning.

ayroplain
12th Jun 2011, 22:52
.............and the portacabin is finally gone.

Sober Lark
13th Jun 2011, 08:55
One would think Obama just wanted an excuse to get rid of his decades-old presidential helicopters. I'd say he must have been shocked and awed at the skill of these pilots ;)

MidlandDeltic
13th Jun 2011, 12:02
All three of them were damaged in the high winds on the day of the visit. I believe their rotors struck the ground. One of them has actually since been written off as beyond economical repair and there's a rumour that at least one (if not both) of the other two is likewise destined for the scrapyard. The Americans are currently stripping them down for onward dispatch.

Not correct. One was wind damaged (see the IT link you provided). The other three flew escort.

Indications are that the other three are flying back to the UK this afternoon. All four were due to go into a refurbishment programme to the latest spec after the Dublin trip - see my post here (http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/453791-dublin-chinooks.html#post6498938).

MD

Jamie2k9
22nd Jun 2011, 23:08
Aer Lingus:
Increased services:
Aberdeen - 6 weekly*
Birmingham - extra 3 weekly flights (M, Thur, F)
Bristol - 20 weekly*
London LGW - 6 daily except Sat, Sun 5 daily (7 extra flights)
Milan-MXP back year round (4 weekly), Milan-LIN remains (daily)
Manchester - 26 weekly (5 extra flights)
Stuttgart - 4 weekly*
Tenerife - 3 weekly (1 more than winter 2010/11)

* - Did not operate for winter 2010/11.

Reduced services:
Berlin SXF - daily (3 less than winter 2010/11)
Brussels - 16 weekly (1 less that winter 2010/11)
Hamburg - 4 weekly (1 less that winter 2010/11)
New York JFK - 2 daily (3 less between Jan - Mar)
Venice - dropped for winter

Lufthansa - Franfurt - remains 3 daily but 2 daiy will be A321 (1 daily winter 2010/11) (New early morning departure and late arrival times)

DUB - 05:35 - FRA - 08:50 (06:50 - 09:50 until end of Oct)
FRA - DUB arrivals between 23:00-23:30 changes (21:40 - 22:40 until end of Oct)

Malév Hungarian Airlines - Budapest will be daily (5 weekly last winter)

Iberia - Madrid will be daily (4 weekly last winter)

Holidays Czech Airlines - Prague will be bookable this winter. (2 weekly)

j636
25th Jun 2011, 16:27
Recently I flew MAN - LAX via DUB and ORD and I would do it again before going direct from MAN. T2 was a great experience and its much better clearing US customs before you leave DUB.

What % of passengers are using T2?
And what % of traffic at DUB do Aer Lingus account for?

TSR2
25th Jun 2011, 19:06
Recently I flew MAN - LAX via DUB and ORD and I would do it again before going direct from MAN

There are no direct flights from MAN to LAX.

ib26uk
25th Jun 2011, 20:46
TSR2

J636 said that " I flew MAN - LAX via DUB and ORD "...

Jamie2k9
25th Jun 2011, 21:12
What % of passengers are using T2?
And what % of traffic at DUB do Aer Lingus account for?

Over 40% are using T2.
Based on 2010 figures Aer Lingus account for 37% of traffic up 1% on 2009. (EI regional would be main factor) Ryanair account for 41% down 2% on 2009.

Lufthansa Italia started a weekly service between DUB - MXP today. It will finish on 4 Sep.

The DAA have applied for planning permission to construct 7 new tanks for storing de-icing fluid. This will almost double the airports storage.

EI-BUD
26th Jun 2011, 18:33
I notice that today and tomorrow on dublin airport departure boards there is a dedicated Air Nostrum Dublin Madrid aswell as the Iberia flight that goes daily. The route must be doing well for AirNostrum or are these flight one off´s?

Separately, further to what has been said above re Aer Lingus share of passengers, does anybody have or know any stats re the % of transatlantic passengers who use Dublin with Aer Lingus as a connection point, this time last year Aer Lingus reported that this business was up 50% and this was helping the business, I imagine that with T2 now the figures must be good. Havent seen any press on this but if anybody has any stats that would be great!

EI-BUD

clareview
26th Jun 2011, 19:13
Was Air Nostrum with CRJ 700 in Iberia colurs not to replace Iberia' own aircraft around now?

EI-BUD
26th Jun 2011, 19:16
Was Air Nostrum with CRJ 700 in Iberia colurs not to replace Iberia' own aircraft around now?

Yes Clareview, this is true Air Nostrum been operating for a while now but my point is that aside from this there is a separate flight with Air Nostrim flight number.

EI-BUD

Jamie2k9
26th Jun 2011, 19:21
Ibera transfered the daily A320 service to Air Nostrum to operate it with a CRJ 900 at then end of March and a second daily started on Firday 24 June.

A little pointless as 2 CRJ 900 have the same amount of seats as a A320.

Iberia have to update the DUB airport system as they changed the flight numbers to IB instead of YW. It should show the second flight as Ibera on the website soon.

The only benefit will be for the winter when they operate daily with the CRJ instead of 4 weekly A320. It's expected to be CRJ 1000.

j636
27th Jun 2011, 11:55
Does anybody know ehat is going on with CO 09:00 to EWR.

sam1993
27th Jun 2011, 12:07
According to Continental site:
Status: Delayed - Maintenance -- Returned to Gate in Dublin, Ireland (DUB)Estimated departure time - 14.15

Jamie2k9
27th Jun 2011, 12:16
departed gate 10:25 - returned to gate due to tecional problem.
departed gate 12:29 - returned to gate due to tecional problem.

Yesterday evening departure from EWR returned gate due to tecional problem a few times also.

positive
27th Jun 2011, 12:52
Are there any passenger figures for Dublin airport for the month of may? The DAA website has nothing up yet.

Jamie2k9
27th Jun 2011, 14:04
Co - 09:00 to EWR left at gate 14:50 and in air at 15:00.

Passenger numbers are normally released the 3 week every month which ment they should of being out last week.

j636
28th Jun 2011, 22:38
A few friends and I are trying to get flights to DUB lather this week from MAD. Every single flight to DUB is booked out until over the next while. I knew we left it late but not even a seat left with 3 airlines on the route. Is it generally like this. :mad:

Jamie2k9
28th Jun 2011, 22:53
For the next two/three weeks or so there will be very few seats available on DUB - NAD flights but some other Spanish flights also.
Around this time every year thousands of Spanish students come to Ireland from all parts of Spain.
Spanair, Swiftair, Aer Europa and Air Contractors some of the airlines bringing passengers over as well as Iberia, Aer Lingus, Ryanair.

EISNN
29th Jun 2011, 10:47
would you not try to fly via SQC with IB or EI or via BCN/GIR with EI or FR. Bit of a long way round but if you really need to get to DUB this could be your only option.

Cyrano
29th Jun 2011, 14:59
would you not try to fly via SQC with IB or EI [...] Bit of a long way round

Now that is a long way round! Maybe try SCQ instead to avoid the need for an Australian entry clearance?;)

Otherwise you could try via Oporto - skyscanner shows one-way MAD-OPO-DUB on Friday for €150-175.

Tom the Tenor
29th Jun 2011, 15:35
Not forgetting Barcelona Cork with EI, Malaga Cork with EI and FR, Alicante Cork with EI and FR so how bad? Plenty of choice and then either a cheap bus, expensive train or a rental car from Cork to Dublin.

Cork Airport - small airport, big heart as they used to say!

Jack1985
29th Jun 2011, 20:45
to be honest Tom the train from Cork Kent to Dublin Hueston is not expensive at all, well i've seen fares on their website for €10 return :ok:

Jamie2k9
29th Jun 2011, 21:21
Over 1.7 million
Year to date over 7.1 up 7%

Latest News > More Than 1.7 Million Passengers Travelled Through Dublin Airport In May (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-06-29/More_Than_1_7_Million_Passengers_Travelled_Through_Dublin_Ai rport_In_May.aspx)

j636
3rd Jul 2011, 23:23
Can anybody shine any llight on why the rate of flights arriving into Dublin tomorrow morning has being reduced.:confused:

Jamie2k9
7th Jul 2011, 10:42
Eithad are using a B777-300 on this afternoons arrival and tonights departure.

The transport minister has delayed the scrapping of the travel tax until all airlines release there winter schedules.

EISNN
7th Jul 2011, 12:12
As in the Irish Minister of Transport? Only too right he waits until all airlines publish their winter schedules. Otherwise he's giving them something for nothing.

j636
7th Jul 2011, 14:26
Whats up with the DUB airport departures on website. All over the place. dating back to June every while and 100% of flights departing departing on time.

Jamie2k9
7th Jul 2011, 16:50
They have being changing over AOS since yesterday. The problem has now being resloved with all departures now displying actual departure time insted of scheduled time.

delta154
7th Jul 2011, 17:40
Eithad are using a B777-300 on this afternoons arrival and tonights departure.

This was a direct swap for the MAN flight. EY ran the newly painted A330-200 in MCFC colours for a photoshoot during its 5 hour stay between the EY21/22, so, as the sector times are similar, the B777-300 was sent to DUB instead.

Jamie2k9
8th Jul 2011, 22:52
bmi to restart an early morning flights to LHR from 31 Oct. Depart DUB 6.45. Using LH old slot to FRA.

j636
9th Jul 2011, 16:29
Do Aer Lingus not use T2 in DUB. A number of flights are arriving at T1 tonight. Anybody know why?

Jamie2k9
9th Jul 2011, 17:56
They use T2 but Aer Lingus said that they may need to operate some flights from Pier B in T1.

If the website says EI flights will arrive in T1. They will but passengers will not.

The aircraft will arrive on stand in T1 but passengers will do customs and claim baggage from T2. There is a walkway for arriving passenger at Pier B to get to T2 arrivals.

EI have a lot of flights arriving after midnight and stands are a problem.

ayroplain
9th Jul 2011, 18:19
The aircraft will arrive on stand in T1 but passengers will do customs and claim baggage from T2. There is a walkway for arriving passenger at Pier B to get to T2 arrivals.
Hmm. That doesn't sound too clever as it means that pax will have to walk from T1 to T2 and then walk all the way back again with their luggage to catch the buses to the car parks or various parts of the country. What is stopping them using T1 if that's where they'll be arriving?

Jamie2k9
9th Jul 2011, 18:41
T2 has separate car parks. Aircoach and 747 pick up from T2 also. All EI ground staff are in T2 so that may be why they wont use T1.

Its only 4 flights so wont affect that many passengers. Saturday is the only night it realy happons.

Just a spotter
10th Jul 2011, 21:22
@j636

With the new terminal and gates layout, it's important to not think of gates as being necessarily associated with either of the terminals. Yes, the 400 gates (formerly Pier E) are physically part of the T2 development, in the same way as the 300 gates (formerly Pier B) are part of the T1 (formerly the Main Terminal) development.

But now, the Terminals are the check in/departures and arrivals areas and all the gates are accessible to either Terminal via an air side connection. So a passenger checking in through T2 could depart via any gate, similarly an arriving flight could disembark passengers at any gate and have them "arrive" into either terminal (in practice, T2 pax will mostly depart and arrive via the 400's).

JAS.

BTW, There was an interesting little historical snippet on the radio a few days back. A DAA spokesman was discussing the bus drop off/pickup and car park arrangement and mentioned that T2 is the 5th passenger terminal to be build at Dublin. 1st was the Central Terminal (now known as the "Old Terminal"), then there was a temporary structure known as the "Lourdes Terminal", the North Terminal which is beside the Old Terminal, followed by the Main Terminal (now T1) and now T2.

airbourne
11th Jul 2011, 01:56
Went through T2 passport control when I came in on Saturday morning. 1 garda on the EU passports line, 2 on the non EU passports line. So the TA flights, and the europe flights that are in at that time of the morning dont warrant some extra staff?

Jamie2k9
12th Jul 2011, 13:39
1 garda on the EU passports line, 2 on the non EU passports line. So the TA flights, and the Europe flights that are in at that time of the morning dint warrant some extra staff?

2 on non EU passport line up to 10.30 or 11.00 would be needed but after 11.00 there would need to be 2 EU passport line.

12 US/Middle East flights due in between 5.00 - 10.30 (13/14 some days)
8 European flights due in between 5.00 - 10.30

Air Baltic to cancel DUB - Riga for winter but will operate daily from March 2012. Ryanair have increased it for winter.

Cimber Air have gone from 4 weekly to daily on DUB - Billund until mid August but it will finish in October and resume next march.

Luxair will drop DUB along with other European routes as they are selling 2 aircraft.

dublindispatch
12th Jul 2011, 14:37
And on a happy note?? Ah nothing oh time for my P45

Jamie2k9
13th Jul 2011, 10:59
Over 1.8 million passengers in June up 1%
Almost 9 million year to date up 6%

European traffic - up 1%
UK traffic - up 1.5%
US traffic - up 7%
Middle East - level with 2010.
Domestic - down 54%

Latest News > Over 1.8 Million Passengers Travelled Through Dublin Airport In June (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-07-13/Over_1_8_Million_Passengers_Travelled_Through_Dublin_Airport _In_June.aspx)

j636
15th Jul 2011, 00:50
Incident: Air Canada B763 near Dublin on Jul 14th 2011, pressurization problems (http://avherald.com/h?article=43fafdd9&opt=0)

Due to leave at at 12.00.

EI-BUD
15th Jul 2011, 13:00
Aer Lingus regional routes would appear to be doing rather well! Taking Dublin Glasgow route (and comparing to Prestwick), it would seem that the trend is toward Glasgow International and it has been traditionally Ryanair that carry the numbers on Prestwick Dublin!! Well done Aer Lingus Regional.

The othe markets where FR & EI Regional compete all seem to be growing hopefully the new entrants are getting their fair good share of the traffic (not new new but since last year).

Looking at the comparison on PIK & GLA from Dublin and indeed the general performance of FR to STN from PIK V EZY to STN from PIK, this may give some clues as to why FR may find GLA an attractive route.
(I do realise PIK STN frequency is now low but still figures been in decline)

The improvement in figures of Aer Lingus R on GLA may alone give FR some sense of urgency to look at GLA. MOL hasnt passed up many opportunities to challenge Aer Arann or indeed Aer Lingus for that matter.

EI-BUD

Jamie2k9
15th Jul 2011, 23:35
Alitalla and Zest Air flights had to return to DUB over the last few days as well as AC.

Todays LHR - St. Johns dropped in to get fuel.

SAS are still looking at night stopping in DUB from next March to have early morning flights to CPH.

j636
16th Jul 2011, 12:47
The planned DART airport - city centre will now cost 200m and not 300m stated in May. This is much less than Metro and is lightly to be picked by the Gov in September. If go ahead given it will be open in 4 years.

Train every 15 minutes.
Journey time of 25 minutes.
Station 5 mins walk from T1 and T2.
6.5km new track from airport to Clongriffin.
City Centre Resignalling completed by 2012 - 12 to 20 trains an hour.
Park & Ride build near airport for commuters from Swords.
A proposal will be submitted by an Iarnrod Eireann at end of the month.

j636
16th Jul 2011, 16:57
Are weather conditions causing problems at the airport today?
And Air Transit deparuture to YYZ?

Jamie2k9
16th Jul 2011, 23:44
Wind (strong gusts) was a problem.

Air Transit departure to YYZ has being delayed. Next information @ 08.00 tomorrow but expect 24 hour delay.

Reports are that on deparutre from YYZ the aircraft burst a tyre and damage to the airframe was found on arrival in Dublin.

PPRuNeUser0176
17th Jul 2011, 11:18
Air Transit departure to YYZ has being delayed. Next information @ 08.00 tomorrow but expect 24 hour delay.

Reports are that on deparutre from YYZ the aircraft burst a tyre and damage to the airframe was found on arrival in Dublin.

Now due to depart at 01.30 tomorrow morning. Air Transit don't have an aircraft to send over without it affecting there schedule further. That is what happoned J2k9.

Jack1985
17th Jul 2011, 18:45
Last few weeks on & off an A332 has been operating the evening DUB-FAO-DUB route on Wednesdays, im guessing the other days different A332 a/c are off-duty being serviced.

PPRuNeUser0176
17th Jul 2011, 18:55
The morning DUB - FAO is due to be A320 with the evening being a A321. Over the last few weeks the A321 have being tech quiet a bit.

A332 not scheduled to operate it. So not sure why it is but if there is more than 174 pax booked and A321 has being tech then EI would have to use A332 as its doing nothing that day or cancel the flight.

DannyKelly22
17th Jul 2011, 23:13
on a wednesday there is a spare A332/3. The aircraft normally operated DUB -MCO 3 days a week and the 2nd daily flight the other 3 days a week leaving wednesday as a free day, normally this allows for maintenance to b carried out or flights upgraded because as u say, FAO is sometimes booked at capacity. Up until the EI/United JV it used to be operated by the A330 as well as AGP and sometimes NCE.

The long haul fleet are currently operating as follows........................
1xJFK 104/5 Daily (the aircraft that comes in as EI104 normally rotates and does the AGP flight and then the 108/9 to JFK)
1xJFK/AGP 584/5 and 108/9 Daily
1xBOS EI139/138 Daily
1xORD EI124/5 Daily
1xSNN (operates m-w-f-s to JFK as EI110/111 and -T-T-S- to BOS as EI134/5)
1x -T-T-S (normally an A332 to MCO then on M---F-S to BOS as EI138/9)
1x IAD-MAD (UA Joint Venture - A332 -now operated by EI-DUO, was EI-DAA up until the 12th July but aircraft switch was made in BOS)

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Jul 2011, 02:37
Air Transit flight to YYZ left at 03.00. A replacment A330.
The other Air Transit A330 with burst tyre and damage to wing departed form hanger 6 at 03.30 for SNN.

j636
18th Jul 2011, 21:43
Would sombody have a list of Airlines and what Piers they use at DUB. Thanks.

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Jul 2011, 00:44
Pier A:
Aer Arann
Aer Lingus Regional
Air France/Cityjet (also use B)
Air Southwest
Air Nostrun
Cimber Sterling
Luxair
Tyrolean Airways

Pier B:
Adria Airways
Air Contractors ***
Aer Lingus (few morning dep and few evening arr)
Air Baltic
Air Canada
Air France/Cityjet (also use A)
Air Italy
Air Transit
Alitalia
Arkia Israel Airlines
BMI
BMI Regional
Dubrovnik Airline
Europe Airpost ***
Flybe
Germanwings
Hoildays Czech Airlines ***
Jet2
Jet4You
Lauda Air
Luthansa
Malév Hungarian Airlines
Monarch Airlines ***
Norwegian Air Shuttle
Orbest Orizonia Airlines
Pegasus Airlines
SATA
Scandinavian Airlines (also use D)
Swiss
S7 Airlines
Spanair
Thomson ***
Tunisair
Travel Service
Turkish Airlines

*** Also use Pier A/D if Pier B is full during the summer season. Saturday would be mostl lightly. Pier B gives priority to scheduled airlines.

Pier D:
Blue Air
BH Air
Onur Air
Ryanair
Sky Airlines
Scandinavian Airlines (also use B)
Tailwind Airlines

Pier E:
Aer Lingus
American Airlines
Continental
Delta
Eithad
US Airways

Still missing 10 - 15 airlines but most use Pier B and if full A or D. May not all be correct but most is.

j636
19th Jul 2011, 13:30
Air Transit flight to YYZ left at 03.00. A replacement A330.
The other Air Transit A330 with burst tyre and damage to wing departed form hanger 6 at 03.30 for SNN.

Incident: Air Transat A333 at Toronto on Jul 15th 2011, tyre and wing damage on takeoff (http://avherald.com/h?article=43fe28a6&opt=0)

Crew thought it was a bird strike. AAIU investigator was sent to airport but Canada's Transportation Safety Board will investigate.

wheelbarrow
19th Jul 2011, 14:32
And for that Pier list, dont forget Air Contractors. Pier A/B.

Doing very well with the Boeing :ok:

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Jul 2011, 14:36
I have them as Europe Airpost as its there B733 and Europe Airpost operate B733 to. Both are part of the same company.

wheelbarrow
19th Jul 2011, 14:45
Both are part of the same company
Not exactly true.
But we wont argue over that. Different AOC/Management/Pot of Money.

Interesting expansion plan into IT next year but I cant say much now.

Noxegon
19th Jul 2011, 14:46
The latest innovation? Pay to skip the security queues. What are the odds that the queues will go completely to hell now?

Welcome to Airport Club at Dublin Airport (http://www.airportclub.ie/)

€150/year seems very steep for that benefit alone. I'd imagine most frequent fliers already have lounge cards...

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Jul 2011, 14:49
Interesting expansion plan into IT next year but I cant say much now.

Give a little more info.

€150/year seems very steep for that benefit alone

Have to agree. Security at peak times takes 10 - 15 mins at most.

Jamie2k9
20th Jul 2011, 13:16
Latest News > New Passenger Security Screening Area Opens In Terminal 1 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-07-19/New_Passenger_Security_Screening_Area_Opens_In_Terminal_1.as px)

Old sercuity area closed. New one located just before Check-In Area 2 & 3.

Cyrano
20th Jul 2011, 14:54
The latest innovation? Pay to skip the security queues. What are the odds that the queues will go completely to hell now?

Welcome to Airport Club at Dublin Airport (http://www.airportclub.ie/)

€150/year seems very steep for that benefit alone. I'd imagine most frequent fliers already have lounge cards...

I agree, that seems singularly poor value for money. Let me get this straight: I pay €150 per year, and for that I get to skip the first part of the security queue (then I walk through the door and have to join the queues for the individual machines). Oh, but I also get a 25% discount off lounge access, so it only costs me €15 each time rather than €20. :ugh: I don't think I'll be rushing out to sign up.

Jamie2k9
20th Jul 2011, 22:14
i see the point of allowing onward travel to the US but i dint think this will happen until EI Regional can merge its operations into T2 or at least Pier B.

Pier E can't cope with US aircraft and EI in the mornings and EI in the evenings. Add EI regional to the mix and it would make things worse. Pier B is not suitable for EI regional and most other carriers in T1 operate from it as well as EI.

20th Jul 2011, 23:03
I've only flown through Pier E once so far so maybe someone could answer this question.

Is there anywhere that passengers could be dropped off by bus.

It wouldn't be an uncommon arrangement to park turboprops remotely and bus people to them. Indeed, this happens often enough at Pier A. So maybe that's a solution to the Pier A/E problem.

20th Jul 2011, 23:23
A bit of confusion there I think. Apologies.

I meant dropped off from the aircraft to the terminal airside by bus.

Jamie2k9
20th Jul 2011, 23:28
As far as I know you can't in T2 but you can in T1. Its being a long time since an airline has had to do it.

dublindispatch
21st Jul 2011, 11:28
Any good route news for winter 2011. ANy airline that pulls out over the winter should be forced to repay any of the subsides they got to start the routes in the first place and i would say that based on the total lack of commitment from the airlines at leats that the travel tax will be back on again in the Dec budget.

Jack1985
21st Jul 2011, 13:25
Any good route news for winter 2011. ANy airline that pulls out over the winter should be forced to repay any of the subsides they got to start the routes in the first place and i would say that based on the total lack of commitment from the airlines at leats that the travel tax will be back on again in the Dec budget.

The Travel Tax of €3 per departing passenger still remains, it is due to be removed in Budget 2012 (first Wednesday of December). the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport - Leo Varadkar has said it wont be removed as the MoT are still reviewing proposals by Aer Arann, Aer Lingus, CityJet and of course Ryanair, they're set to announce there reviews of the proposals before the Summer schedule is out, he also wants to see what the full Winter schedules are like before he pulls the ATT in December.

Jamie2k9
21st Jul 2011, 14:24
ANy airline that pulls out over the winter should be forced to repay any of the subsides they got to start the routes in the first place

The DAA offered seasonal incentive schemes this year. The same as the Short Haul year round but the discounts are not as much. 60%, 40% and 20% for seasonal compared to 100%, 75%, 50% for year round.

22nd Jul 2011, 00:08
The last two EI Regional flights I've had from Dublin (Glasgow and Edinburgh) have both involved getting bussed to the aircraft!

peba
24th Jul 2011, 14:09
will ryr keep any of the extra based a/c in dub for the winter. When will they leave if so and where are all the extra crew going to go next?

j636
24th Jul 2011, 14:49
Ryanair extra aircraft at Dublin? They generally like to move them away from Dublin. Do Ryanair handle all there flights or do they have a contract with a ground handling company. In T2 how are check-in desks 1 - 28 split between the american carriers.

Jamie2k9
24th Jul 2011, 22:37
Ryanair have no extra aircraft in DUB than 2009/2010.
Summer 18 based.
March - May 16 based
May - September 18 based
September - October 16 based

Winter yet to be confirmed but will be more less the same as 2010/11 and Ryanair handle all there flights.

T2 - Check-In
Eithad - Desks 1 - 4
Delta - Desks 5 - 12
Continental - Desks 13 - 17
US Airways - Desks 18 - 23
American - Desks 24 - 28
Aer Lingus - Desks 29 - 56

Delta may also use some of EY/CO desks as I was there on Friday as a passenger and they had 6 desk open for the 767 to JFK at 14.10. I think they use 6 - 8 for the A330 to ATL.

j636
25th Jul 2011, 12:01
I'm flying LGW - DUB - LGW with EI from T2 has anyone got any pictures of T2?

PPRuNeUser0176
25th Jul 2011, 12:11
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/016_800x600.jpg (http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/016_800x600.jpg)

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/025_800x600.jpg (http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/025_800x600.jpg)

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/011_800x600.jpg (http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/011_800x600.jpg)

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/008_800x600.jpg (http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/008_800x600.jpg)

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/014_800x600.jpg (http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/014_800x600.jpg)

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/018_800x600.jpg (http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/EI75/018_800x600.jpg)

Aer Lingus 75 Years-Retro Jet-New Flagship Lounge — Trip Reports Forum | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/187411/)

j636
27th Jul 2011, 16:29
Thaught T2 was great. Quick and easy to get through,

Ryanair plane's near-miss at airport was 'routine' - National News, Frontpage - Herald.ie (http://www.herald.ie/national-news/ryanair-planes-nearmiss-at-airport-was-routine-2832087.html)

Angry Rebel
27th Jul 2011, 19:12
Ryanair plane's near-miss at airport was 'routine' - National News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

Well, at least she didn't sensationalise the "go-around".....:ugh:

racedo
27th Jul 2011, 20:11
Reading through some wikileaks stuff that was posted from US embassy in Dublin, it states from US Embassy that the CO route from Dublin to the US was Continentals most profitable route worldwide.

PPRuNeUser0176
27th Jul 2011, 21:41
Have being in Düsseldorf Airport since 19.10 for a 21.10 departure to Dublin. Flight has being delayed and thats all everybody has being told. In coming aircraft hasn't arrived yet. No info on DUB website about the arrival just left blank. :mad:

Anybody know why its delayed?

Jamie2k9
27th Jul 2011, 22:03
Have being in Düsseldorf Airport since 19.10 for a 21.10 departure to Dublin. Flight has being delayed and thats all everybody has being told. In coming aircraft hasn't arrived yet. No info on DUB website about the arrival just left blank. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

Anybody know why its delayed?

The Dublin - Düsseldorf flight diverted to Cologne-Bonn due to weather conditions at Düsseldorf. Your being bused to Cologne-Bonn anytime now for the flight to Dublin. Est departure is at 00.45 arriving DUB 01.35. Not confirmed yet.

PPRuNeUser0176
27th Jul 2011, 22:06
Thanks for Info. They told us that just after I posted here. We are on the bus now. They were brining the aircraft back here but they didn't in the end.

Jamie2k9
28th Jul 2011, 12:04
Blue Air to continue Dublin - Bacau for winter. Was due to be seasonal.

Arrive DUB 23.45 - Wednesday & Sunday
Depart DUB 00.30 - Monday & Thursday

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Jul 2011, 15:36
There are 282,000 seats available from Dublin between tomorrow and Monday. This time last year there was just over 250,000. Taking into account that most domestic flights are gone there is a big increase.

Over 150,000 will fly on Friday and Sunday, taking into account the that all seats will not be filled.
T1 - 45,000 passengers on Friday and Sunday
T2 - 30,000 passengers on Friday and Sunday

Saturday and Monday will have slightly less.

j636
30th Jul 2011, 12:46
Flew out of T2 this morning and wouldn't like to be the ground staff who have to deal with American Airlines passengers today. :D

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Jul 2011, 14:04
wouldn't like to be the ground staff who have to deal with American Airlines passengers today. :D

Would agree. Passengers very angry and ****** off with AA. It will be
a long day. The following is confirmed:

ORD - DUB 08.00 Delayed 21.30 - en-route
DUB - ORD 10.00 Delayed 23.00 - estimated
Will arive in T5 in ORD. Some passengers cleared USPC but were given option to leave airprot and come back this evening and USPC will be finished by then.

ATC had it delayed by 2 hours then it was a tech fault and crew out of hours.

You would have to ask the question why AA hadn't crew or aircraft in ORD to cover. Its there largest base.

Tomorrows flights are delayed by a few hours also.

ayroplain
31st Jul 2011, 09:48
Have heard that AA92 has just landed DUB with emergency services on standby and following it in. Don't know what problem was but no doubt Jamie2k9 will ;)

akerosid
31st Jul 2011, 11:58
Not their week, is it!

Hope they have enough $$ to start looking at new widebodies after their recent A32X/738 purchases!

Jamie2k9
31st Jul 2011, 15:50
Have heard that AA92 has just landed DUB with emergency services on standby and following it in. Don't know what problem was but no doubt Jamie2k9 will http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

224 out 225 passengers on board and while on approach to Dublin (3000ft) the crew advised of a flight control bug, Leveled off at (5000ft) and held for 20mins. Emergency services called as the they were told that it would not make a normal landing but a while lather it did make a normal landing.

fivejuliet
1st Aug 2011, 18:09
To throw another spanner into the works regarding Emirates... Emirates to launch Dublin flights? - The Networker (http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-networker/2011/07/emirates-to-launch-dublin-flights.html)

chuboy
2nd Aug 2011, 00:45
I just tried to book a flight from BNE to DUB departing around Christmas time on the Emirates AU website... I got flightplans that included a codeshare flight from somewhere in the UK (BHX, MAN, LHR) to DUB.

False alarm methinks...

PPRuNeUser0176
2nd Aug 2011, 00:56
Emirates have being on about starting DUB flights with years. Every few months there is an article or something about them coming to DUB. Would like to see them come but if they did they would affect Eithad.

Delight
2nd Aug 2011, 11:15
I am connecting through Dublin this month, from an EI transatlantic to an Aer Arran codeshare to EDI. I have a long stopover so I am thinking of booking a lounge in Dublin.

Can anyone confirm that the lounge in T1 is airside and accessable to connecting passengers?

Cheers,
Delight

PPRuNeUser0176
2nd Aug 2011, 11:21
You can use the lounge in T1 if connecting from T2.

PPRuNeUser0176
3rd Aug 2011, 10:35
If anyone is flying with Air Canada over the next few days you will be on a B777-300ER and not the B767-300 which is normally used.

AC use the larger 767-300 on the DUB route and its gone for maintence which is why they have to use a B777 over the next few days.

DannyKelly22
3rd Aug 2011, 13:21
It was the B777-200ER they used into DUB today, reg: C-FIUF

Skipness One Echo
3rd Aug 2011, 13:27
Didn't realise Air Canada had actually sourced an aircraft in C-GHPE and dedicated it to YYZ-DUB !

Jamie2k9
3rd Aug 2011, 13:37
Didn't realise Air Canada had actually sourced an aircraft in C-GHPE and dedicated it to YYZ-DUB !

That aircraft has operated most flights this season. Only time I can remember a different aircraft was 15 July as C-GHPE was on ground in Dublin after cabin pressure problem on 14 July.

B777-200ER they used into DUB today, reg: C-FIUF

Think they meant that one as its the closest match to C-GHPE in terms of passengers.

Skipness One Echo
4th Aug 2011, 14:13
Think they meant that one as its the closest match to C-GHPE in terms of passengers.

Isn't DUB an oddball as it's mainly Y that's being sold with virtually no business class? Seasonal holiday routes sort of thing, AC had a subfleet of B763s that didn't get the new business cabin that used to fly these routes which is why DUB used to get the same few aircraft. The B77L has a much better product up front I think? Does C-GHPE have the new AC interior I wonder?

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Aug 2011, 14:16
C-GHPE has the old AC interior and it will resume flights from Tuesday.

The B77L has a much better product up front I think?

It does. Pictures on AC website.

There are 24 Business class seats on offer from DUB like all other AC 767 but the older 767 have more Y seats than the new ones.

Skipness One Echo
4th Aug 2011, 14:44
but the older 767 have more Y seats than the new ones.

C-GHPE is the youngest of the fleet AND they've only had it for a few months but I know what you mean. It's inherited some hand me down seats.

Cheers!

barossavalley
5th Aug 2011, 09:41
Inghams weekly charter to Austria will not be flying winter 2011-2, Inghams announced they are closing the Dublin office this morning.

Jamie2k9
5th Aug 2011, 12:21
Over 2 million passengers for July. Up 1%.

European Traffic 1.16 million - same as last year
UK Traffic 660,000 - up 4%
Transaltantic Traffic - 190,000 - up 8%
Middle East - 26,000 - up 1%

Over 11 million year to date, up 5%.

dublindispatch
5th Aug 2011, 15:28
And Air Canada very kindly diverted an A330 ito Dublin this morning so thats most of the fleet types in DUB in one season for Transatlantic flights. Just need an A340 and thats the aerosexuals catered for

Jack1985
5th Aug 2011, 15:48
And didnt Etihad operate a B777-300ER on their AUH-DUB-AUH route about a month or two ago?

dublindispatch
5th Aug 2011, 18:43
They did, all we need now is for a BMI A330 to pop in doing a LHR rotation, they have already sent in the 757 and those stupid barbie jets!

Jamie2k9
8th Aug 2011, 23:09
Air Southwest Dash-8 made an emergency landing because of a damaged cockpit windscreen today.

dublindispatch
8th Aug 2011, 23:21
More like a shattered windscreen, pax travelled onwards to GLA on a J41. A/C was routing NQY-GLA

PPRuNeUser0176
9th Aug 2011, 22:27
Do we know what happened with American Airlines ORD flight today and when passengers will leave? Last time I saw it the air bridge was being moved away from aircraft.

Jamie2k9
13th Aug 2011, 21:49
US Airways to use a B767 on DUB - PHL for the whole winter season this year. They had planned to have B757.
Last year they had a B767 between 29 Oct - 4 Jan only.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Aug 2011, 10:39
(Holidays) Czech Airlines will not operate from Dublin this winter. Its not know the reason for the pull out but Europe Airpost will take over most of the routes.

The airline is currently cost cutting and restructuring. They are due back for summer 2012 season.

PPRuNeUser0176
16th Aug 2011, 23:56
A friend of mine is going to Lanzarote on Sunday, He flying with Europe Airpost and today he got a letter from the tour operator saying that there would be a fuel stop in Santa De Compostela on the return flight. This makes the flight time 5 hrs 15 mins instead of 4 hrs 10 mins. Anybody know the reasons for this. The outbound flight is direct.

They asked could they change onto the other Europe Airpost flight that departs 15 mins earlier and he was told it was full when it is not. That flight is direct.

DannyKelly22
17th Aug 2011, 11:10
if memory serves me correct i think the first flight is on their larger aircraft and the second on the B737-300 so maybe with a full load it cannot make it and needs the fuel stop. just a theory

Jamie2k9
17th Aug 2011, 21:05
Both flights are operated by B737-300. Its a fueling problem in ACE and it was not planned to happon. The flight alway arrives back before 01.30 if it leaves on time.

91% of passengers using DUB airport between April - June waited less than 5 mins to clear security in both Terminals. Only once the queue exceed 20 mins. It was messed at both Terminals over 17,700 times.

Commission for Aviation Regulation said that passengers had to spend less than 30 mins at security.

The airports inbound baggage system was available 99.99% of the time.

Commission for Aviation Regulation said it had to be available 99% of the time.

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Aug 2011, 01:10
Air Baltic are leaving DUB for winter at the end of the month. Yet there are operating most flights with a B757-200 insted of the B737-500. Thats quiet an increase for an airline which says there is not enough demand for a route. If they didn't start to operate the route daily I think they would not be pulling it.

j636
19th Aug 2011, 12:16
Top Business leaders to hold talks with to United/Continental about starting SFO next year. Don't think they will be the ones to start it but Aer Lingus would of the advantage of connecting pax.

From United/Continental

When asked whether it could be viable for the airline, it said: “We do not have specific figures on the potential for this type of operation. Operating a west coast route poses particular challenges for any carrier.
“It requires more resources including fuel and is dependent on there being the right market size locally in order to make it viable.
“At United, we are in the business of being competitive and working to ensure that routes we serve are viable.”

clareview
19th Aug 2011, 22:34
I presume to start a west coast route from Dub, United Continental would need a larger aircraft that the B757. I wonder where would be stopped or reduced to free up a B767 or B777

Jamie2k9
19th Aug 2011, 23:35
United/Continental will start to take delivery of the 50 B787 from next year and with a fleet of over 700 aircraft I think they will find an aircraft for SFO - DUB. I don't think they will take up the route but Aer Lingus will in time.

There would be high demand for RIX at this time of year. Many who go home for the summer will be coming back over the next week or two.

(Holidays) Czech Airlines will not operate from Dublin this winter. Its not know the reason for the pull out but Europe Airpost will take over most of the routes.

Aer Lingus and Flybe to pick up some of the flights as well.

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Aug 2011, 16:19
Delta to reduce ATL to 5 weekly for winter. Nearly all European routes from ATL also reduce to 5 weekly.

snipes
22nd Aug 2011, 23:07
Emirates starts to Dublin, January 10th 2012.

330 operation to begin with. Looks like 5 weekly.

Jamie2k9
22nd Aug 2011, 23:46
Has it being officaly announced as there nothing on there website.

delta33
25th Aug 2011, 16:59
Hi do you have more information about emirates start in dublin
thank you.

Copenhagen
25th Aug 2011, 18:49
Being the holy month of Ramadam, perhaps no announcements will be made till September.

snipes
29th Aug 2011, 11:53
Have no idea on the timing of the announcement. Only know that certain checks have to be done prior to a new route opening etc. All of that is being done/has been done as we speak.

akerosid
29th Aug 2011, 12:08
The Festival of Eid has already started, so I would expect an announcement next week.

Much as I am delighted that EY has been flying to DUB and has built up a good operation here, EY is still a minnow compared to EK. From a trade and tourism point of view, this is a huge deal for Ireland. Also, since the A330 is on its way out, EK will be aggressive in building their Irish operation; they will want it to be a 777 route asap (and that's 77W, rather than 772), then build it up to twice daily.

I do hope EY stays in the Irish market, but EK is the one we really need; it really should have happened ten years ago.

Here's to seeing one of these beauties arriving in Dublin!

JetPhotos.Net Photo » A6-EAQ (CN: 518) Emirates Airbus A330-243 by John Fitzpatrick (http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6440106)

airbourne
29th Aug 2011, 15:32
Also, since the A330 is on its way out,

Akerosid, normally I like your comments, and your opinions, but how can you make such a statement. 330's are still being delivered worldwide, and have at least a 20-30 year shelf life!

Just a spotter
29th Aug 2011, 15:49
Not to put too much of a downer on proceedings, but given the outlook for both the local Irish and wider Global economies in the short to medium term, I suspect that the only way EK or EY will be going twice daily is if they start to sell low priced one way tickets to Australia. :\

JAS

pwalhx
29th Aug 2011, 15:50
The A330 is being withdrawn by EK is what he means

clareview
29th Aug 2011, 16:19
If that is what he means then he should have said it

akerosid
29th Aug 2011, 20:01
OK, I am sorry. I bash my head against the desk in atonement.

Now that we've established that the A330 won't be in the EK fleet forever, can we just move on.

What I am trying to argue is that EK's fleet plans are actually good for us. EK's 332s seat 285 seats in a two class layout; the 77ws seat 440, so in order to fill these, EK is going to want to market us pretty aggressively. That's just what we need. Sure, the economic outlook isn't so good. Some things we can't control; what we can control is aggressively expanding tourism and trade opportunities; getting our foot (very belatedly) into the door of the EK elevator is going to open many new markets for us and since EK has metal on the ground (not just a codeshare), it has the incentive to market us aggressively in all of these new markets.

chuboy
29th Aug 2011, 21:40
Runway length at DUB for a fully-loaded 77W >3000m. Granted, you certainly won't have a full load of fuel but they would be cutting a fine line if they are consistently putting on 440 pax and bags (which they would have to in order to warrant a T7) and freight plus fuel and reserves?

It will either mean they will pressure the authority to extend the runway or not bother with a larger aircraft. Personally I can't see the first one happening, even if it did runways take a while to build :ok:

Jamie2k9
29th Aug 2011, 22:18
Etihad are able to use a full loaded B777-300ER (412 seats) from DUB. The EK B777-300ER range from 354,358,364,427,442 seats so they would be able to operate them from DUB. Remember EK will have the A350 coming over the next few years so thats another option.

I agree with akerosid that EK are needed but I don't think EY will back down as they have a well established service and they are very well know in Ireland. Remember they have a maintenance base here to.

Lufthansa will night stop a A321 from end of October instead of the current A320.

Bmi early morning LHR will now operate at 07.05 with a mix of A319/320. (it was all A320 then all A319).

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Aug 2011, 14:11
Body scanner trials will take place from end of Sep. They will be for staff in T1 only, it will not be compulsory to use them. They will then be introduced to passengers pending the out come of the European Parliament decision.

Vapor
31st Aug 2011, 12:34
I'm not sure that the B777-300ER would have a problem operating from Dublin with a full load.
Remember it's only going as far as Dubai which is practicaly short haul when you consider the range of this aircraft. It would probably only require to have half it's fuel capacity.
The aircraft would be WAY under MTOW.

JSCL
31st Aug 2011, 14:07
But the Irish authority surely like the CAA would demand a minimum runway run either way - remembering that weather conditions could impact on take off and landing run - there will still need to be some kind of approval I'd suggest.

Skipness One Echo
31st Aug 2011, 14:33
But the Irish authority surely like the CAA would demand a minimum runway run either way - remembering that weather conditions could impact on take off and landing run - there will still need to be some kind of approval I'd suggest.

How much shorter is Dublin than Birmingham or Glasgow? Both of which have the B777-300ER to Dubai on a daily basis. Thus far there's only been one spot of falling off the runway and that was taxi-ing round a tight corner at Link B at Glasgow....
Incidentally, the B777 has pretty good brakes.....