View Full Version : DUBLIN - 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

stab3.5up
13th Apr 2015, 17:16
Please dont let this turn into the air india rumours but if it happens great

EI-A330-300
13th Apr 2015, 17:24
Washington DC and Toronto?

One wonders if they'll be given fifth freedom rights on those too. Their times for LAX are great IMHO – it'd be good to have more choice.[/QUOTE

While not rights have being requested I expect if IAG get cleared for EI, ET will have a very good chance of getting them especially for competition especially as AA/US also have JV with IAG.

The blackmail of US airlines dropping DUB won't work!

[QUOTE]Please dont let this turn into the air india rumours but if it happens great

AI didn't even get as far as Dep of Transport, ET have!

blaggerman
13th Apr 2015, 17:40
I don't see any fuel stops in Rome airport.Look harder? :)

Una Due Tfc
13th Apr 2015, 18:10
I don't see any fuel stops in Rome airport.

ETH500 and ETH502. They only stop in Rome westbound, and return direct to ADD from North America.

Very surprised if this happens. Still I felt the same when the LAX rumours started.

EI-A330-300
13th Apr 2015, 22:06
Very surprised if this happens. Still I felt the same when the LAX rumours started.

Fuel stop alone, commercially it's probably cheaper to refuel here than in Rome.

BCA03
14th Apr 2015, 08:39
From someone who knows, I can confirm the rumour is correct. Ethiopian airline will use Dublin airport as a technical stop for fueling only. Washington Dulles is a daily flight, with Toronto only operating 3 times a week. However traffic rights have not been approved for these 2 routes currently. As already stated, the return flight will operate direct back to Addis and not via Dublin. The Los Angeles will operate with traffic rights via Dublin both ways, starting on the 20th June. I hope that clarifies the rumour. The reason why they are moving there operation from Rome to Dublin is cited on rising nighttime costs for landing and parking at Rome. Dublin offered them a much better deal

Una Due Tfc
14th Apr 2015, 09:17
Looks like I'll be eating my words so. Apologies folks.

It makes sense I guess even from a staffing point of view i.e. If one of the fuel stoppers goes tech they can look after pax, and with no 5th freedom being sought the US carriers can't get annoyed.

It'll skew the pax from Africa stats and to the states and Canada, as in they'll be counted as arriving AND departing even though nobody will have joined or left the onward flight, but then the same thing happens with BA in SNN, PIA in MAN etc.

kmccorm3
14th Apr 2015, 09:49
The ET Website is showing this for later in the year for the IAD flight
ET 500
Ethiopian Airlines
ADD
22:30
IAD
08:30
1 (DUB)
77L

kmccorm3
14th Apr 2015, 09:53
Looks like the FCO flights move to Dublin from May 10th

chuboy
14th Apr 2015, 09:55
Ethiopian would do well to organise pre-clearance for all these US flights.

Jamie2k9
14th Apr 2015, 10:49
Ethiopian website confirms fuel stop begins 10 May. Flights all arrive at 05.00 and 05.05. They will have all 3 arriving together once LAX starts on 2 days.

New airport logo launched to:
A New Look, But Same Success for Dublin Airport :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/248343/a-new-look-but-same-success-for-dublin-airport/#.VSzW1A4ssu0.twitter)

SecondDog
14th Apr 2015, 15:11
Just out of interest, why is the runway survey so extensive? I know the resurfacing is due but the survey is nearly as long as the relaying will be... any thoughts?

Just a spotter
14th Apr 2015, 15:39
FWIW, Ethiopian has been running billboard ads across Dublin for the last couple of weeks, pushing the 787 along with LAX and Africa as destinations.

JAS

blaggerman
14th Apr 2015, 18:22
Ethiopian would do well to organise pre-clearance for all these US flights.Offload all passengers, baggage and cargo on a tech stop just so passengers can avoid a short inconvenience at the far end? That makes sense!

stab3.5up
14th Apr 2015, 18:36
It dors in the mad mad world of aviation. The page that defines logic and sensible was been removed from most GHA/airline/airport ops books long ago lol

Skipness One Echo
14th Apr 2015, 20:54
Anyone denied entry would be stuck in Ireland most likely without a visa. Who detains them? The Garda? For being trapped in a country they didn't want to in being denied entry into one they did?

Una Due Tfc
14th Apr 2015, 21:05
Doesn't look like they are using pre-clearance anyway. Maybe one day, but then all the aircraft that do use it are standard point to point Irish and American carriers, I don't know how a transitting third party carrier would fit in with the various agreements. BA use it in Shannon but they are EU.

As for people denied access to the States, held in Ireland and sent back to ADD on the following evening's flight would be my guess. What happens to people from the PIA flight who get held by UK customs in MAN? Sent through LHR?

bannercounty
14th Apr 2015, 23:33
@Una

How are the pax stats for BA from LCY- SNN- JFK skewed? Pax get off the plane in SNN and re board......

Una Due Tfc
14th Apr 2015, 23:42
Because most people assume it's people flying to/from that airport, not just getting off for security/customs. It is the way it is, I'm not trying to suggest anything underhanded. As I pointed out it happens at plenty of other places. Other examples are JAI in BRU, KAC in LHR, SIA in FRA, FPO in DUB. It just needs to be kept in mind when analysing annual figures for growth in tourism or business travel.

I wasn't trying to smear EINN in any way, doing that normally starts a catfight on here.

chuboy
15th Apr 2015, 00:19
Offload all passengers, baggage and cargo on a tech stop just so passengers can avoid a short inconvenience at the far end? That makes sense!

Ok so I'm not sure what will be involved in the tech stop. My understanding was that pax would be offloaded anyway while the aircraft was refuelled. If that was not the case then perhaps pre-clearance is unnecessary.

There is a lot to be said for avoiding the "short" inconvenience of US customs on arrival though.

EI-A330-300
15th Apr 2015, 01:41
Just out of interest, why is the runway survey so extensive? I know the resurfacing is due but the survey is nearly as long as the relaying will be... any thoughts?

Because it needs of attention.

Ethiopian would do well to organise pre-clearance for all these US flights.

As already posted they are operating out of Terminal 1, they had the option of USPC but for now they are not using it.

Because most people assume it's people flying to/from that airport, not just getting off for security/customs. It is the way it is, I'm not trying to suggest anything underhanded. As I pointed out it happens at plenty of other places. Other examples are JAI in BRU, KAC in LHR, SIA in FRA, FPO in DUB. It just needs to be kept in mind when analysing annual figures for growth in tourism or business travel.

I wasn't trying to smear EINN in any way, doing that normally starts a catfight on here.

I suspect that the ET transit figures will either be included in T/A figures or stand alone as transit (excluding LAX-ADD)

They will also increase capacity from 1 July (IAD-777ER replaces 777LR and YYZ-777LR replaces 788) both routes have capacity just short of 200,000 per year.

EI-A330-300
24th Apr 2015, 12:19
Believe DUB-JER will be extended year round from October operating twice weekly (FRI/SUN).

AerRyan
24th Apr 2015, 16:35
Believe DUB-JER will be extended year round from October operating twice weekly (FRI/SUN).

Stealing more routes from Cork!

EI-A330-300
29th Apr 2015, 16:00
daa will open and operate a lounge after USPC from November, long overdue.

EI-A330-300
30th Apr 2015, 14:59
TE say Airport Chief Executive hopeful of a PEK link within 18 months and massive progress had being made. Air China the most likely option. Profits increased by 41% to 40 million during 2014.

Una Due Tfc
10th May 2015, 04:30
Well it's the 10th of May and ETH500 is still routing through FCO.

An ETH B738 is flying in from IAD though. Maybe carrying political or airline bigwigs, it's non-scheduled anyway.

akerosid
10th May 2015, 05:04
That's a delivery flight; ET-AQO is the registration. On its way to its new home base!

Una Due Tfc
10th May 2015, 06:21
That's a delivery flight; ET-AQO is the registration. On its way to its new home base!

Surprised it went through IAD, the Ryanair deliveries come straight from the factory to DUB. Or is it second hand?

EI-A330-300
10th May 2015, 11:14
UDT

10 May departure from ADD and 11 May arrival into DUB for ET So tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Una Due Tfc
10th May 2015, 17:06
UDT

10 May departure from ADD and 11 May arrival into DUB for ET So tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Cheers EI. A few extra quid in Fees for the DAA to put towards new facilities

Edit: ETH500 is indeed out of DUB this morning. On the ground for 100 minutes including 12 minutes taxi time

EI-A330-300
11th May 2015, 12:13
Aer Lingus announced that IAD will be extended from 24 October until 4 January. Frequency not known currently. Sourced from Travel Extra

Jamie2k9
12th May 2015, 23:21
Delta have updated winter schedules and JFK has B764 replaced by A333,

EI-A330-300
14th May 2015, 23:58
Not sure it was mentioned but United have extended second EWR departure from 18 August to 24 September this year.

EI-A330-300
15th May 2015, 18:08
April traffic up 11% (200,000), excellent considering March took lots of easter traffic. Brings a total increase of 870,000 passengers in 4 months. Well on the way to over 23 million, full year if traffic was to stay flat is over 22.5! Also think its the first time outside June-August to break 2 million!
Latest News > April Passenger Numbers Up 11% To 2 Million (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-05-15/April_Passenger_Numbers_Up_11_To_2_Million.aspx)

Sober Lark
15th May 2015, 18:28
Other international traffic, predominantly to the Middle East, recorded a 23% increase, as almost 62,000 passengers travelled to and from these destinations in April

First time they have actually mentioned Middle East in a press release. Although from the wording N Africa, Egypt and Turkey etc. are probably still in the mix of figures.

If they can say UK traffic up 13% why can't they say Dubai traffic up / down x%, Abu Dhabi traffic up/ down x %? Is the information sensitive?

EI-A330-300
15th May 2015, 18:39
Not sensitive info the CSO will have that. Believe Turkey is Europe. Most other airports on detail domestic/international numbers.

The 23% growth is around 14,500 and EK added around 20,000 over last year so safe to assume they were responsible for 99% if not all the growth.

Sober Lark
15th May 2015, 20:47
Where is EKs dedicated lounge then?

From CSO most up to date figures for traffic to the Middle East 1. Emirates, 2. Etihad, 3 Turkish. Turkey is part in Europe and part in Asia. However, in terms of territory and land area it is among the larger countries of the Middle East. If the DAA states traffic to a particular region is 'up' x% then they have to be clearer. Previous press releases they issued included figures for the Middle East and Africa bunched together so no accuracy in their Statement.

Long may we continue to have 4 seats to get some shut eye :)

Una Due Tfc
16th May 2015, 19:56
First time they have actually mentioned Middle East in a press release. Although from the wording N Africa, Egypt and Turkey etc. are probably still in the mix of figures.

If they can say UK traffic up 13% why can't they say Dubai traffic up / down x%, Abu Dhabi traffic up/ down x %? Is the information sensitive?

Because on routes where there is only one carrier it would give away exact loads, which would be an unfair advantage to competitors thinking of taking them on. Somebody might say "oh look, carrier x has over 90% loads on route y, let's go after that"

On routes where there are 2 carriers, they would be able to figure out the competition's loads too, and say "oh look, we're killing them, let's drop the prices a bit and make them give up" or "oh look, they're killing us, better fight back or give up"

Ringwayman
16th May 2015, 20:12
Yet we can have the CAA listing every route out of the UK so all and sundry can spot how airline X is doing on a YYY-ZZZ routing regarding passenger numbers.

Having that sole metric alone is not an indicator of how profitable the route is, though actions speak larger than words if you see an airline, particularly a low-cost one, pull a route.

Just look at the Manchester thread where you can typically see 4 airlines singled out as they are the sole operators on the long-haul route they operate on.

EI-A330-300
18th May 2015, 14:13
No strictly related but the US have asked The Netherlands to set up USPC at Amsterdam! Not going to be easy, interesting to see if they manage to pull it off years down the line.

The US wants to carry out passport checks at Schiphol - DutchNews.nl (http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2015/05/the-us-wants-to-carry-out-passport-checks-at-schiphol/)

waffler
18th May 2015, 15:49
EIEWR is due back to Dublin from Bordeaux on Wednesday after modifications.
It's due to operate the Orlando flight the same day, so hopefully and end to long haul hire ins at Dublin ,

EI-A330-300
20th May 2015, 11:19
Thomson to fly long haul with B787 next sunmer!

Montego Bay begins 12 June and operates weekly for 6 weeks
Cancun begins 13 June and operate weeklu for 6 weeks

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-05-20/Direct_Flights_From_Dublin_Airport_To_Mexico_And_Jamaica_In_ 2016.aspx

Una Due Tfc
20th May 2015, 11:43
A relatively tentative step but long overdue. Cancun in particular has been crying out for a service from DUB. IMO the only reason it's taken so long is because TOM, TCX and VIR are already getting the pax through MAN and LGW. Doubtless there'll be an expanded schedule in 2015.

15% increase in pax so far and they haven't even really hit the high season yet? Wow

Jamie2k9
21st May 2015, 11:20
Aer Lingus announced an additional 275,000 seats over the coming winter season, first major growth in a long time!

IAD - 4 weekly up to 4 January (752)
ORD - 10 weekly (+3 and new 05.30 arrival daily) up to 4 January (330 - previously planned 752)
JFK - 5% growth between January-March
BOS - 19% growth between November/December/March
MCO/SFO - additional flights at Christmas, Mid Term and Easter

LPL - 16 weekly (320)

Also additions freq to Zurich, Geneva, Birmingham, Manchester and Amsterdam among others.

200/75 split Europe/T/A.

ayroplain
29th May 2015, 19:57
With so many extra flights (allegedly) to be generated by the takeover of EI by IAG it makes you wonder can DUB cope, especially at rush hours.

T2 is so full that EI has spread all the way to take over Pier 3 and also claimed some stands at Pier 2 for aircraft waiting to be towed. BA has been forced out of Pier 3 at least for its early morning flights. (on a side note, the flight calls at Pier 2 are sometimes being interrupted by EI calls looking for their missing passengers from 3. Do the people making these announcements even know they are being heard in Pier 2 and interrupting other airlines' calls in progress? In any event, if the missing are in Pier 2 they aren't going to make it as there's no way back from there).

Anyway, it's fascinating to watch the early morning movements and it's worth getting to the airport early to observe. Each of the two cul-de-sacs created by building T2 where it is have a fleet of aircraft trying to get out whilst another fleet are trying to get in. Standing in both their ways is the progression (procession?) of aircraft on their way to 28. On top of that, some T/A arrivals for T2, notably AA, are left waiting on mid-field taxiways for three quarters of an hour or so until, finally, they are accomodated and manage to slowly penetrate the defensive lines and reach their designated stands.

On three recent trips my departing flights took 40-45 mins from push back to line-up. That's some waste of fuel. Mind you, a friend of mine says that, at other times of the day, you might not see anything land or take off for 15 minutes or more - but he tends to exaggerate!!

Looking (admittedly from a distance) at the dimensions of the holding/taxiway area where the two FR mishaps occurred you'd be amazed that it happened only twice.

On the other hand, (fingers and toes crossed) the Security in T1 has improved beyond belief compared to what it was a couple of years ago. Over the Winter my maximum wait was no more than about 5/6 minutes and even now, as things hot up, it's no more than about 15 mins. It seems that, at long last, someone discovered that opening up more than a third of the channels makes things a lot better for passengers.

Up until the last couple of weeks the Passport Control was a disgrace but (same digits crossed) it, too, has recently been properly staffed for rush hour arrivals.

If Airport Shopping is your thing I expect you are in Heaven.

Shame that the airfield facilities appear to have been rather poorly designed.

Jamie2k9
30th May 2015, 00:07
notably AA, are left waiting on mid-field taxiways for three quarters of an hour or so until, finally, they are accomodated and manage to slowly penetrate the defensive lines and reach their designated stands.

You'd think it happens daily, it happens a few times, when you turn up 2-3 hours late weekly what can you expect. This have gotten themselves together this year.

So far this year T/A OTP is doing rather well, congestion in terms or stands/passenger screening has being addressed well with flights departing on time. Big improvement on recent years. No big issues and we are in peak season with only UA 2 daily to come which will slot in fine and EI morning departure.

Not a lot can be done when the runway is at capacity at peak hours....give Natts a call and get them to take more traffic :rolleyes:

On three recent trips my departing flights took 40-45 mins from push back to line-up. That's some waste of fuel.

Aer Lingus/Ryanair don't have any problem with such costs, when they didn't want to pay for a runway what do they expect. While not overly keen now the penny has started to drop.

Up until the last couple of weeks the Passport Control was a disgrace but (same digits crossed) it, too, has recently been properly staffed for rush hour arrivals.

You know that's not the daa's problem but they have been working on it!

Una Due Tfc
30th May 2015, 06:58
As a result of the 2 Ryanair collisions, Taxiway A is no longer available for departures off 34 during duel runway ops, despite no other carrier having had issues. All departures for 34 now have to taxi onto 28 and line up on 34, this has reduced options for the Surface Movements and Air Movements controllers in the tower.

The layout of Dublin is a joke. 4 cul de sacs, even at the back of pier D. They need to get on and build 28R/34L and immediately close the current runway and rip up and re-design the taxiway layout around the thresholds of 28/34

Surface movements in Dublin in the mornings is one of the most stressful jobs in the country.

ayroplain
30th May 2015, 10:18
You know that's not the daa's problem but they have been working on it!
Yes, I do know that but it WAS their problem in that their passengers were being badly affected yet they appear to have been able to get a solution for something that was not of their creation. My point being that the in-T1 experience has been greatly enhanced because something was done about its problems.

Not a lot can be done when the runway is at capacity at peak hours....give Natts a call and get them to take more traffic
NATS has nothing to do with airfield taxiways and locations of buildings. When the decision makers were pondering where to build T2 they don't seem to have foreseen or taken into consideration what effects the final choice would have on ground ops or what else they needed to do on the airfield to make things work once that decision had been made. They were either clueless in this regard or didn't care, take your pick.

With the recession (allegedly) on the way out the airfield congestion is bound to get a lot worse and I haven't seen any reports/evidence that anything is being done about it.

Jamie2k9
30th May 2015, 13:15
NATS has nothing to do with airfield taxiways and locations of buildings. When the decision makers were pondering where to build T2 they don't seem to have foreseen or taken into consideration what effects the final choice would have on ground ops or what else they needed to do on the airfield to make things work once that decision had been made. They were either clueless in this regard or didn't care, take your pick.

With the recession (allegedly) on the way out the airfield congestion is bound to get a lot worse and I haven't seen any reports/evidence that anything is being done about it.

The new runway would eliminate the real problems here.

New line up will happen when 37 p/h departures are triggered, otherwise not going to. Currently at 33 and Nats have to allow extra flights to increase capacity. Regulators decision not the daa.

Aer Lingus and Ryanair are happy for slots to be directed to more off peak times for services......

Perhaps have a read of the regulators reports!

As a result of the 2 Ryanair collisions, Taxiway A is no longer available for departures off 34 during duel runway ops, despite no other carrier having had issues. All departures for 34 now have to taxi onto 28 and line up on 34, this has reduced options for the Surface Movements and Air Movements controllers in the tower.

The layout of Dublin is a joke. 4 cul de sacs, even at the back of pier D. They need to get on and build 28R/34L and immediately close the current runway and rip up and re-design the taxiway layout around the thresholds of 28/34

Surface movements in Dublin in the mornings is one of the most stressful jobs in the country.

Not ideal but as you say a new runway would eliminate a lot of issues.

NABLAG
31st May 2015, 07:36
Nats have to allow extra flights to increase capacity. Regulators decision not the daa.

When you say NATS (UK ATC service provider) do you mean IAA ?

Una Due Tfc
31st May 2015, 09:19
When you say NATS (UK ATC service provider) do you mean IAA ?

No, NATS have a restriction on the number of departures per hour they will accept from DUB ( So virtually all of them!), particularly through LIFFY and DEXEN

MarkD
31st May 2015, 15:36
The time to build the parallel 28 was during the crash as a debt financed infrastructure project while the Portmarnock set were concurrently worried about how to fund their trophy houses never mind legal challenges. Instead Anglo was bailed out and people are posting ads on twitter for fish pedicures so I guess both moments passed!

gavinhicks
2nd Jun 2015, 19:27
Anyone know how the new transavia route to Orly is performing

ia350
2nd Jun 2015, 21:58
Did it not start today though ?

ia350
2nd Jun 2015, 22:02
Seen recently Ryanair are starting stansted to Verona , any chance they'll do the same with Dublin and start some competition with aer linges ? Flew this route a good few times and it's quite busy .

EI-A330-300
2nd Jun 2015, 22:12
Did it not start today though ?

Yesterday, Wow today.

Also notice FR had 3 departures from 200 gates today, a little surprised that Air Contractors and Thomson were not allocated 200 gates and let FR have 100 to themselves for first 2 hours.

Seen recently Ryanair are starting stansted to Verona , any chance they'll do the same with Dublin and start some competition with aer linges ? Flew this route a good few times and it's quite busy .

FR announced it just after EI announced it, they have being into/out of Verona at least 3 times in the last number of years.

ia350
7th Jun 2015, 11:29
2.2 million used the airport last month making it
the busiest may ever , the growth in traffic this year is faster than maybe a lot of people thought it would be .

AerRyan
7th Jun 2015, 11:32
EI103 (JFK Day return) starts tomorrow.

Hangar6
7th Jun 2015, 17:06
First flight 98% full westbound , looks like yet another good move !

Copenhagen
7th Jun 2015, 18:33
No doubt Dublin will hit the 24m pax level this year, but how close to 25m will it get!

EI-A330-300
7th Jun 2015, 18:48
24 million, will be the max they expect this year but they beleive 2015 will pass the 2008 peak comfortably. One might expect 24.5 for 2016 and pass 25m for 2017.

EI-A330-300
7th Jun 2015, 19:21
Speaking of passenger numbers (released on a Sunday) May saw numbers exceed 2.2 million up 13%

Europe 1.2 million up 12%
UK 754,000 up 13%
N American/Canada 234,000 up 13%
Middle East/African 56,000 up 22%
Domestic 6,000 down 5%

An additional 1.1 million passengers during 5 months. Year to date 9 million up 14%.

Latest News > Record Passenger Numbers In May At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-06-07/Record_Passenger_Numbers_In_May_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx)

AerRyan
7th Jun 2015, 19:24
22% seems steep for Africa/Middle East. I assume the Ethiopian figures are included?

EI-A330-300
7th Jun 2015, 19:27
22% seems steep for Africa/Middle East. I assume the Ethiopian figures are included?

Second daily EK plays a big part.

AerRyan
7th Jun 2015, 19:30
Second daily EK plays a big part.

EY was downgraded from a 77W to an A332 though as well.

EI-A330-300
7th Jun 2015, 19:34
AY was downgraded from a 77W to an A332 though as well.

EY were running empty 777's most of the time, bet the downgrade didn't affect them at all.

Middle East had the same % increase last month (actual May numbers are lower than April)

I believe ET passengers are counted once and included in N American/Canada but even with that DUB-T/A traffic added over 16,000 with ET bringing around 10,000.

Off topic but now that EI is about to be sold. if EK were to reapply for US rights they would get them I suspect.

ia350
7th Jun 2015, 20:30
Anymore news on Qatar airways coming here ?

AerRyan
7th Jun 2015, 20:31
3 flights from Boston tomorrow? Only 2 outbound today... Explanation?

Hangar6
7th Jun 2015, 20:40
EI are bringing in B767 to snn from bos so today's snn bos is doing bos dub as an extra flight thus 4 flights, I am very impressed the way EI squeeze extra seats ex BOS , no competition helps of course !

owenc
9th Jun 2015, 01:44
Is westjet really sending a 737 the whole way to Dublin from Toronto!?

Noxegon
9th Jun 2015, 05:38
Any idea of the load factor on the eastbound daytime JFK/DUB?

ia350
9th Jun 2015, 06:15
Yep , their going to buy 767s in a while so will do an upgrade when they arrive .

737aviator
9th Jun 2015, 09:05
owenc, yes, via St Johns. Service commenced last year and was extremely popular and was extended due to demand longer than initially planned. Resumed this summer, along with a new service from Halifax to Glasgow.

Una Due Tfc
9th Jun 2015, 09:17
I think owen was referring to the Westjet flight skipping the stopover and coming direct from YYZ lastnight. It must have either been near empty or had serious tailwinds.

owenc
9th Jun 2015, 10:08
owenc, yes, via St Johns. Service commenced last year and was extremely popular and was extended due to demand longer than initially planned. Resumed this summer, along with a new service from Halifax to Glasgow.

No not via st johns, I tracked it the whole way from Toronto to Dublin. They sent a 737-800 from St Johns.

737aviator
9th Jun 2015, 11:41
Oh right, I see it now. Looks like the airborne time was only just over 6 hours so a decent tailwind. For a flight of this duration it most certainly wouldn't have to be near empty and could probably quite happily bring 150 pax.
Norwegian and Ryanair both fly sectors in excess of 6 hours from Scandinavia to the Canary Islands.

ia350
9th Jun 2015, 22:32
Just seen west jet after taking off from the Airport, very odd time .

EI-A330-300
9th Jun 2015, 22:37
Just seen west jet after taking off from the Airport, very odd time .

They had two inbound (YYZ, YYT) flights today not sure why but yesterday YYT was cancelled and went via YHL so could brining passengers who were impacted. Why it spent 15 hours on the ground in DUB is another question.

737aviator
10th Jun 2015, 07:35
The crew probably had to go for 12 hours rest before the return flight due to the longer outbound sector. Normally a fresh crew takes over in St Johns and operate YYT-DUB-YYT.

owenc
10th Jun 2015, 13:41
What about the dayflight? Do they fly over and back?

Tadele
11th Jun 2015, 15:27
An old pilot from one of the biggest names in the world

Tadele
11th Jun 2015, 15:28
An old pilot from one of the biggest names in the world

EI-A330-300
11th Jun 2015, 20:10
Any particular reason why BA sent a 767 in this evening from LHR

Preparing for the future :rolleyes:

Una Due Tfc
11th Jun 2015, 21:24
Any particular reason why BA sent a 767 in this evening from LHR

Preparing for the future :rolleyes:

Might have something to do with Ireland v Scotland

Mlinnie
12th Jun 2015, 20:16
Are AA with JFK and UA with IAD back to year round this coming winter? Or are they continuing the break

EI-A330-300
14th Jun 2015, 18:31
EY bringing back B777 from October on the morning flights.

chuboy
14th Jun 2015, 23:04
EY bringing back B777 from October on the morning flights.

Checked their schedule. Presently it looks like the morning arrival into DUB is an A332 and the afternoon arrival B77W - this is in September. From October it is back to A332 service?

EI-A330-300
14th Jun 2015, 23:43
Checked their schedule. Presently it looks like the morning arrival into DUB is an A332 and the afternoon arrival B77W - this is in September. From October it is back to A332 service?

It's all 332 until start of winter schedule (25 October) then morning arrival return's to B777.

blaggerman
15th Jun 2015, 07:04
Evening flight is a mix of A330/777 September/October. Morning flight mostly 777 from end of October. All subject to change, of course.

EI-A330-300
17th Jun 2015, 14:28
TOM flew in their latest 787 added to the fleet to launch their 2016 flights. Took some lucky people on a 2 h flight before returning.

EI-BUD
18th Jun 2015, 06:25
Cityjet have said that they carried 23000 passengers on Dublin London City in May, this represents as we know a huge increase for them over last year when in May 2014 they carried almost 16000.

Hence, BA Cityflyer carried over 14000 passengers, total numbers on the route for May were 37434.

So split is Cityjet: BA; 60:40.

Thought this may be on interest to those interested in the Dublin thread...

EI-A330-300
18th Jun 2015, 13:07
LH will increase MUC from 2 to 6 weekly from late October after extending the route year round last winter for the first time.

Latest News > Lufthansa To Triple Capacity On Dublin-Munich Route For Winter (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-06-18/Lufthansa_To_Triple_Capacity_On_Dublin-Munich_Route_For_Winter.aspx)

GaelForce
23rd Jun 2015, 14:05
Any update on the reason for AC1903 (ATH-YUL) diverting to DUB? Something to do with water system so, seems to be a tech rather than human threat.

Cozy F
26th Jun 2015, 14:29
Interesting kick-off!

Turbulence at Dublin Airport: Seven passengers on inaugural flight from Ethiopia claim asylum - Herald.ie (http://www.herald.ie/news/turbulence-at-dublin-airport-seven-passengers-on-inaugural-flight-from-ethiopia-claim-asylum-31332136.html)

Wanted Deal or Ailve
26th Jun 2015, 14:55
I wonder will the DAA pay out transit cash to ET as they didnt continue their journey....:=

Una Due Tfc
26th Jun 2015, 15:07
A considerably more comfortable experience than being plucked from a raft by LE Eithne in the med I'm sure.

AerRyan
26th Jun 2015, 23:04
I wonder will the DAA pay out transit cash to ET as they didnt continue their journey....:=

These pax were probably destined for DUB anyway, this is the flight that takes PAX in DUB.

EI-A330-300
26th Jun 2015, 23:21
I wonder will the DAA pay out transit cash to ET as they didnt continue their journey....

They don't pay out transit cash, they have incredibility cheap transit costs which airlines pay to them.

ET will be hit with fines unless they sort this out however as no cases have been reported since the first flight they may of gotten themselves together.

obemichael21
27th Jun 2015, 00:50
Thanks to" cosy f" for alerting us to the fact that 7 passengers claimed asylum on the inaugral flight of Ethiopean to dublin on its way to JFK.I spoke to friends about this flight sometime ago and we agreed it was a godsend for bogus asylum seekers to take advantage of it.
Little did we realise it would happen on the inaugral flight!

If the Daa do not take this matter very seriously and have a serious talk with Ethiopean this breech will widen.If it happens again they should suggest reviewing the landing arrangement completely.
Let the Dublin Airport Authority know that the spotlight is now on you.

AerRyan
27th Jun 2015, 00:52
Small correction, it was on its way to LAX.

ia350
27th Jun 2015, 18:12
Anyone know the number of passengers on each route last year ? Wikipedia is the best I could find .

Thanks

Cyrano
27th Jun 2015, 21:14
Anyone know the number of passengers on each route last year ? Wikipedia is the best I could find .

Thanks

You should try the CSO airport-pairings stats (http://www.cso.ie/px/pxeirestat/Database/eirestat/Passenger%20Movement%20and%20Airport%20Pairings/Passenger%20Movement%20and%20Airport%20Pairings_statbank.asp ?SP=Passenger%20Movement%20and%20Airport%20Pairings&Planguage=0) which are both more comprehensive and more authoritative.

EI-A330-300
1st Jul 2015, 14:28
The A350 is due next Wednesday (according to boards,ie poster) at DUB for a demonstration, unclear what the visit is for such as Aer Lingus, aircraft lessors or daa.

Apparent schedule is:
Arrive at 0900 local from Toulouse on 08th July as AIB 901.
1 hour demo flight at 1315
Depart at 15.00 local for Toulouse on 08th July as AIB 903

EI-A330-300
1st Jul 2015, 22:18
Looks like the visit is confirmed and it's for AerCap leasing, IDA, Airbus and Aer Lingus

j636
6th Jul 2015, 15:04
Airline Route reports DL plan A333 on 5 of 7 weekly ATL flights commencing 26 May 2016.

I know they have planned the A332 before but It only opetated one season.

EI-A330-300
8th Jul 2015, 22:05
A380 by EK from next March, poster suggests they have a good source and EK have confirmed. Another says daa have tendered for 300 stand to be adjusted. A few other slight adjustments to be made in the coming weeks.

On the evening 22.20 departure.

ia350
8th Jul 2015, 23:06
Fantastic news if true , so will it be 777 and a380 ?

owenc
8th Jul 2015, 23:18
Wow an A380 in Dublin would be amazing! Congratulations!

EI-A330-300
9th Jul 2015, 00:29
Fantastic news if true , so will it be 777 and a380 ?

Would appear so, small chance A380 could commence from start of winter in October. Guess we will find out soon but it appears it will be happening.

ia350
9th Jul 2015, 07:19
Anyone know how the Charlotte route is doing ? Surprise AA have been bringing an a330 in for a while now .

j636
10th Jul 2015, 23:13
Any idea which stand and how many air bridges will be available to off load up to 615 passengers? At DXB they use 3 but lots of airports only use 2. Will be great news and so quick since they opened the route.

Surly it will still be a complex operation to get from runway to stand all the same?

When the new T2 bus lounge openes wil EIR transfer all operations. I know its around 2 years off.

chuboy
10th Jul 2015, 23:33
http://www.aviationreg.ie/_fileupload/2014-05-29%20DAA%20Capital%20Investment%20Proposals.pdf

Pages 55 and 132.

15.7.116 Pier 3 Flexibility (€ 15m)
The existing wide-body stands at Pier 3 are unable to accommodate new larger aircraft such as the B777-300 and the A380. This project incorporates modifications to adapt two existing stands, 303 and 305C at the pier and provision of an additional stand on the existing apron footprint of stands 306 and 307 in a MARS configuration to provide flexibility and resilience to wide-body aircraft parking demand at Pier 4, and future forecast demand in the context of both T1 and T2 operations.

Modifications to gate areas within the pier are incorporated in the project in order to provide the necessary capacity and service levels for these large aircraft. Provision for an additional airline lounge has also been included.

j636
10th Jul 2015, 23:51
Thanks! An interesting read, clearly prepared/preparing for growth In coming years

Emirates clearly have been in and said what they want!

Safe to say DUB will not see the problems which UK airports see and only put hands in pockets when it gets to a critical level.

I was at T2 last weekend and only 4 EI short haul flights used 300 gates between 08.00-13.30, major improvement on last year. Whoever did stand/slot allocation for long haul did a great job this year.

Una Due Tfc
11th Jul 2015, 06:52
Any idea which stand and how many air bridges will be available to off load up to 615 passengers? At DXB they use 3 but lots of airports only use 2. Will be great news and so quick since they opened the route.

Surly it will still be a complex operation to get from runway to stand all the same?

When the new T2 bus lounge openes wil EIR transfer all operations. I know its around 2 years off.

I've never worked in DUB so all this info is second hand from controllers I know up there:

If an A380 was taxiing from runway 28 or to runway 10, there could be no other arrivals or departures while it was moving or for several minutes before it departed or several minutes before or after it arrived as it's wings would be too close to the runway. IF this rumour is true, then the A380 and anything arriving subsequently will have to be put in the hold for at least 5 minutes to allow traffic ahead to be cleared, then the A380 will have to be taken in, alone, while yet more traffic builds in the hold until the A380 is at it's gate (probably another 10 minutes). So probably another 10 aircraft minimum. Same when it's departing, and it departs during the busiest time of the day for arrivals. If this is true it will cause absolute chaos and cost EI and FR an absolute fortune in wasted fuel.

Emirates tried to bring the A380 2 years ago and were told no for this reason. If it happens it will cause far more harm than good to traffic statistics. It would be so stupidly suicidal only the DAA would be capable of doing it.

racedo
11th Jul 2015, 09:48
It would be so stupidly suicidal only the DAA would be capable of doing it.

Image before Rationality.

EI-A330-300
11th Jul 2015, 12:59
If an A380 was taxiing from runway 28 or to runway 10, there could be no other arrivals or departures while it was moving or for several minutes before it departed or several minutes before or after it arrived as it's wings would be too close to the runway. IF this rumour is true, then the A380 and anything arriving subsequently will have to be put in the hold for at least 5 minutes to allow traffic ahead to be cleared, then the A380 will have to be taken in, alone, while yet more traffic builds in the hold until the A380 is at it's gate (probably another 10 minutes). So probably another 10 aircraft minimum. Same when it's departing, and it departs during the busiest time of the day for arrivals. If this is true it will cause absolute chaos and cost EI and FR an absolute fortune in wasted fuel.

Emirates tried to bring the A380 2 years ago and were told no for this reason. If it happens it will cause far more harm than good to traffic statistics. It would be so stupidly suicidal only the DAA would be capable of doing it.

1 - IAA save airlines more fuel than anywhere in the world
2 - an average of 4 arrivals in summer impacted in a 20 minute window and less in winter as it's earlier
3 - They can extend the 7 arrivals in 10 minutes longer (6 excluding certain periods)
4 - Not sure how it will hurt traffic stats
5 - DUB is slot controlled so easy sorted, lots of fuel was burned yesterday with 30 minutes from push back to take off with 16 in use.

Believe it will always land on 10 and straight into 300 gates via E2, L2, F2, L3 even if the flow of traffic is into 28 with very few departures will be grand. If it was the other way it would cause major delays but this way it's off the runway quickly.

Other news - Austrian Airlines returned to DUB this year today and will operate a 9 weekly charter service to VIE (via JER outbound).

Una Due Tfc
11th Jul 2015, 13:36
1 - IAA save airlines more fuel than anywhere in the world
2 - an average of 4 arrivals in summer impacted in a 20 minute window and less in winter as it's earlier
3 - They can extend the 7 arrivals in 10 minutes longer (6 excluding certain periods)
4 - Not sure how it will hurt traffic stats
5 - DUB is slot controlled so easy sorted, lots of fuel was burned yesterday with 30 minutes from push back to take off with 16 in use.

Believe it will always land on 10 and straight into 300 gates via E2, L2, F2, L3 even if the flow of traffic is into 28 with very few departures will be grand. If it was the other way it would cause major delays but this way it's off the runway quickly.

Other news - Austrian Airlines returned to DUB this year today and will operate a 9 weekly charter service to VIE (via JER outbound).

I like to think I make my fair share of contributions to those fuel savings seeing as I do work for the IAA.

Dublin is slot controlled, but so is every high level sector in Europe, so say a flight from Warsaw to Dublin needs to be cleared by the Central Flow Management Unit through probably about twenty different sectors, so it needs all those slots too, therefore delaying other flights is easier said than done.

You can't just flip a runway 180 degrees unless the winds are very calm, and if you do it takes a lot of time, so unless the skies are totally clear you need to open the hold.

Let's say the winds do allow 28 to flip to 10 for the A380, which will be very rarely possible in winter (remember that runway is very short and very narrow for an A380 so very little margin for a tailwind), it means any arrivals need to hold until they can either follow it down 10 or wait for 28 to become available. No departures can push back until the A380 is at it's gate, because if they taxi for 28 they'll lose their cockpit at the 16/34 hold point for 28, and if they taxi for 10 they'll lose the left wing.

It'll hurt traffic stats because in the 10-15 mins the airport has to close you could move 10 odd a320s etc.

Remember flights get delayed or arrive early all the time. If the A380 is allowed into Dublin it will cause mayhem.

ayroplain
11th Jul 2015, 13:52
Thanks for the info but

Believe it will always land on 10
How can it be guaranteed to always land on 10? The prevailing wind at DUB is approx SW but there have been increasing instances of 16 being in use due to heavy storms and, even then, resulting in go-arounds and diversions.

As a matter of interest is it capable of landing on 16?

alserire
11th Jul 2015, 14:07
22.20 is basically the last departure from Dublin each day so going out shouldn't be a problem. Coming in would be based on what I read above

blaggerman
11th Jul 2015, 19:00
Believe it will always land on 10Amid all the idle speculation we have a winner. Funniest post I've seen here in a long time.

AerRyan
12th Jul 2015, 11:03
RWY 10 can have horrific tailwinds, I agree it makes absolutely no sense.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Jul 2015, 17:52
My understanding is movements would not have to be halted when the A380 moving to stand. There is a little taxiway work required but runway lighting will be dropped down soon. Push back may be impacted but at the time of day there is a handful of lights mostly form 100 gates so they can push back and hold.

The runway 10 comment is valid while it will not always be practicable (a lot) normal airfield movements or the way ATC would like to operate is the A380 would have 1600 m coming in from 28 and 2200 m coming in from 10. Now this figures are for larger aircraft than a certain size, I am not sure if they include the A380 but they don't say they don't and aircraft should exit.

Anyway if it comes in 2016 or not it will be coming and lets be honest new runway construction is imminent, 25 million should be hit at some stage in 2016, once the daa have non construction work done they can turn a sod once 25,000,001 is passed.

The daa would of discussed with the IAA the implications of A380 coming before the new runway is built so I suspect they have cleared it. (don't know but if they said no, it wouldn't be planned).

MCDU2
13th Jul 2015, 09:52
How are you getting different runway lengths for R10 and 28?

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Jul 2015, 15:36
How are you getting different runway lengths for R10 and 28?

it's the landing threshold to the point of the intersection of the runway centreline and the extended exit. Below is the exact details

RY 10
Wingspan less than 36m + B757 preferred exit point on runway is E3* (1690m)
All other aircraft preferred exit point on runway is E2 (2240m)

RY 28
Wingspan less than 24m + all turboprops preferred exit point on runway is E5* (1240m)
All other aircraft preferred exit point on runway is RET E6 (1597m)

*E3 and E5 have visibility restrictions in place

It's preferred exits and ATC should be notified between 4-8NM out or at earliest opportunity if unable to vacate at those exits.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Jul 2015, 11:15
June traffic reaches almost 2.5 million passengers up 18% (almost 400,000)

Europe 1.4 million +17%
UK 753,000 +18%
Transatlantic 295,000 +21%
Other international 69,000 +36%
Domestic 7,000 +13%

Latest News > Almost 2.5 Million Passengers In June (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-07-15/Almost_2_5_Million_Passengers_In_June.aspx)

Additional 1.5 million passengers for first half of year to stand at 11.5 million +15%

Latest News > Passenger Numbers Up 15% In First Six Months At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-07-15/Passenger_Numbers_Up_15_In_First_Six_Months_At_Dublin_Airpor t.aspx)

July should reach around 2.6 million and exceed 24 million this year is very doable. Last July was only 2.3 million and at the very least June growth should be repeated and more.

akerosid
15th Jul 2015, 16:55
Very impressive growth - double digit in all major markets!

It would be interesting to see how freight tonnage is doing.

Certainly, 24m seems doable, which would presumably bring DUB back to the pre-crash peak. :ok:

owenc
19th Jul 2015, 12:40
Just tracking planes at Dublin. Well it's clearly busier than last year which was busy enough.

I have been tracking my flight and t never seems to leave on time, ranging from 40 minutes to 2 hours after schedhuled departure time.

This is disappointing. I would rather leave at my time of departure rather than sit an extra hour on a 7 hour flight.

It's time they build the second runway. New transatlantic routes are added each year at a rate of 3/4, they can't be having that next year onto this.

Una Due Tfc
19th Jul 2015, 13:56
Just tracking planes at Dublin. Well it's clearly busier than last year which was busy enough.

I have been tracking my flight and t never seems to leave on time, ranging from 40 minutes to 2 hours after schedhuled departure time.

This is disappointing. I would rather leave at my time of departure rather than sit an extra hour on a 7 hour flight.

It's time they build the second runway. New transatlantic routes are added each year at a rate of 3/4, they can't be having that next year onto this.

The delays are all being accrued in the morning departure rush. Planes are trying to recover the schedule all day after. The closure of taxiway Alpha after the 2 FR incidents has massively exacerbated the problem

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Jul 2015, 15:03
Owen

Airline, Flight and Route?

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Jul 2015, 10:00
Appears Ryanair may be a little rattled and on the defence since IAG is going through. Next winter they already increase the number of aircraft based from 21 to 25 but apeculation now is it will be increased up to 30.

Wonder if it will!!

http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-battle-with-aer-lingus-to-spark-passenger-price-war-31388694.html

gavinhicks
20th Jul 2015, 10:24
anyone know how the new doncaster route is performing?

owenc
20th Jul 2015, 10:56
Appears Ryanair may be a little rattled and on the defence since IAG is going through. Next winter they already increase the number of aircraft based from 21 to 25 but apeculation now is it will be increased up to 30.

Wonder if it will!!

Ryanair battle with Aer Lingus to spark passenger price war - Independent.ie (http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-battle-with-aer-lingus-to-spark-passenger-price-war-31388694.html)

Wow 30, that is alot.

alserire
20th Jul 2015, 13:08
Delays are pretty bad at the moment. Massive rush in the mornings from 6 to 8 a.m. The knock on delays have been going on for a while now. Doesn't help that there are often delays at the other end. For example our friends in Italy are not exactly known for the speed they turn aircraft around in at the bigger airports so delays on the outbound can be made worse by delays on the inbound. It's definitely getting worse so improved numbers, to be welcomed for sure, seem to be stretching runway/atc capacity.

2 p.m. GMT here now and a good few EI planes are already running quite late. Knock on effects later again. It's been a daily issue for a while now.

j636
20th Jul 2015, 20:07
Given the morning rush 33 departures ph is designed on a single runway, even though dual is allowed it is not always possible hence the cap not been increased. Can it really be the problem, I think it's the return sectors with handling issues where the real issue is as you say. Compounded by the FCO mess.

Can we expect some contract changes where EI don't match BA/IB in handling at some stage and I think service may improve. OTP and Catering are issues which need immediate attention.

stab3.5up
20th Jul 2015, 22:19
I would suggest that small steps and changes will occur in both DUB and BHD over the coming weeks and months. I think that once the ball starts rolling it will be swift

racedo
20th Jul 2015, 22:52

Wonder if it will!!

http://m.independent.ie/business/iri...-31388694.html (http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-battle-with-aer-lingus-to-spark-passenger-price-war-31388694.html)

Hardly

EI will be shedding senior management and organisation will be in a state of flux, standard issue in a takeover.

IAG need EI revenues to go up significantly to be able to pay for the takeover.

FR driving prices downwards on routes it competes with EI hurts IAG's return and may force EI off some routes.

Jamie2k9
20th Jul 2015, 23:06
Racedo

EI did well last winter against the increased capacity and the exact same this year will happen. EI dont drop prices to compete with FR dumping capacity. They will continue to manage capacity.

FR have cancelled some increased capacity this winter to the UK already!

As for forcing them off routes when did they last manage that at DUB, Note they decided to join FR on two routes this year so already not bothered by FR dumping capacity on routes and FR have failed to get rid of them in previous years also.

FR dump capacity and realize they are going no where so decide to make money and put up with EI.

You are right about managment etc but thats good news in the eyes of passengers ans most employees!

Jamie2k9
30th Jul 2015, 13:31
Yesterday 29 July saw 2.5 million passengers exceeded which is the busiest in the airports history. The final figure should see 150-200,000 added on once full stats are released.

Latest News > Bank Holiday Weekend Caps Busiest Month Ever (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-07-30/Bank_Holiday_Weekend_Caps_Busiest_Month_Ever.aspx)

EI-A330-300
1st Aug 2015, 15:03
Re-EK, comments above cleared it up by EIDW

Anyone know whats happened ET LAX is showing as estimating at 23.15 (18 hours late!), aircraft in DUB...

ia350
4th Aug 2015, 22:02
Is it thru Emirates will be going 3 daily soon ?

EI-A330-300
4th Aug 2015, 23:45
On 31 July a planning application was submitted for A380 stand at T2-Pier E (Gate 426), nice and close to runway to ensure no impact on operations. Upper air bridge will be added.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00501428.pdf

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00501401.pdf

Is it thru Emirates will be going 3 daily soon ?

I expect daa would prefer larger capacity on both daily as a morning flight wouldn't exactly be easy to accommodate.

gavinhicks
7th Aug 2015, 16:19
What's the uptake like on the Ethiopian airlines services from the Irish side

CabinCrewe
8th Aug 2015, 12:41
What's the uptake like on the Ethiopian airlines services from the Irish side
You would imagine it would be quite limited unless punters are being directed to cheapest flights via Expedia etc...

Una Due Tfc
8th Aug 2015, 14:37
You would imagine it would be quite limited unless punters are being directed to cheapest flights via Expedia etc...

Just tried a dummy return booking on expedia for end of September.

AA via CLT: €627
AA via PHL: €642
BA via LHR: €664
ET direct: €692

I'd personally be willing to pay the extra for a direct flight. ET are rated 8.3/10 by Expedia users, versus 7.2/10 for BA and 6.5/10 for AA on these routes

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Aug 2015, 15:48
ET doing good west bound not sure about east.

Big test is when EI touch down in LAX next May (4/5 weekly). The daily SFO in July has carried incredible numbers, more less complelty sold out all July and a lot of August.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Aug 2015, 11:14
July traffic reached almost 2.7 million (record) up 17% on last year.

Europe 1.5 million up 14%
UK 794,000 up 16%
Transatlantic 320,000 up 26%
Other International 87,000 up 42%
Domestic 8,000 down 10%

In first 7 months almost 14.2 million passengers up 15%

Latest News > Almost 2.7 Million Passengers In July At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-08-14/Almost_2_7_Million_Passengers_In_July_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx )

Great figures but expect they have now peaked for this year.

LAX_LHR
19th Aug 2015, 19:28
Airline route is reporting Etihad is cutting DUB to 1 daily this winter.

I'm genuinely gobsmacked! Has Emirates affected them that much? To think there is talk of Qatar coming to DUB too.

Jamie2k9
19th Aug 2015, 19:54
Airline route is reporting Etihad is cutting DUB to 1 daily this winter.

I'm genuinely gobsmacked! Has Emirates affected them that much? To think there is talk of Qatar coming to DUB too.

EY passenger numbers have/are grown but yield has tumbled since EK arrived. B777 was only deployed for show and not commercial reasons. They added around 20,000 last winter even after B777 was dropped for most!

EY have said a few weeks ago 787 will be deployed most likely once they receive J/Y config from next year.

LAX_LHR
19th Aug 2015, 19:57
Cheers Jamie,

Dublin has often mirrored MAN when it comes to Etihad, so, this news is quite shocking.

I just didn't think things had got that bad for EY at Dublin. That said, EY website and all GDS platforms still taking bookings for 2 daily, so, I suppose it's a wait and see.

With EDI getting chopped to 5 weekly too, seems Etihad isn't quite able to keep up with the Joneses down in Dubai.

ia350
19th Aug 2015, 20:06
Doesn't surprise me too much , most people I know who go to Asia or Aus go through Dubai .

Jamie2k9
19th Aug 2015, 20:14
Cheers Jamie,

Dublin has often mirrored MAN when it comes to Etihad, so, this news is quite shocking.

I just didn't think things had got that bad for EY at Dublin. That said, EY website and all GDS platforms still taking bookings for 2 daily, so, I suppose it's a wait and see.

With EDI getting chopped to 5 weekly too, seems Etihad isn't quite able to keep up with the Joneses down in Dubai.

They had planned to resume B777 (high density) flights (1 daily) this winter if they keep that flight and cut the evening A330 passenger numbers will not suffer a lot during winter besides maybe a slight time over Christmas/NY.

They were planning to provide average of 40,440 seats per month while the B777 will cut that to 24,720 while most winter months just gone were just over 25,000 mark while capacity was around 31,440 (2 A332) as they dropped 777 middle of last winter.

When they had 2 daily B777 (year round) it was average loads of 50%.

Airline route has amended tweet:
From 1 December 12 of 14 weekly bookable
From 1 January 7 of 14 weekly bookable

LAX_LHR
19th Aug 2015, 20:26
It looks like it's the evening flight that's gone and a morning B777 remains. Flights removed from website and GDS after 1st Jan.

Sober Lark
19th Aug 2015, 21:28
What makes you think EK will keep 2 daily let alone 3 or an A380? The second EK had poor load factors whenever I flew with them so I thought 'most people who go to Asia or Aus must go through AUH'.

Of note, EY have their own dedicated business lounge at DUB. EK doesn't.

EK A380 or EY A380? Who is the planning permission for?

Jamie2k9
19th Aug 2015, 22:22
What makes you think EK will keep 2 daily let alone 3 or an A380? The second EK had poor load factors whenever I flew with them so I thought 'most people who go to Asia or Aus must go through AUH'.

Of note, EY have their own dedicated business lounge at DUB. EK doesn't.

EK A380 or EY A380? Who is the planning permission for?

Don't really know much about the A380 but EK are doing well and after a slow start for the second daily service it has picked up a lot since. The upgrade is for EK, EY will never send a A380, said a few weeks ago B787 will take over.

2014 Loads
Jan - 96%
Feb - 89%
Mar - 93%
Apr - 94%
May - 92%
Jun - 100% +
Jul - 100% +
Aug - 100% +
Sep - 66% - Second started
Oct - 62%
Nov - 63%
Dec - 81%

2015 Loads
Jan - 77%
Feb - 57%
Mar - 71%
Apr - 72%

All based on 3 class but they did send quiet a few 2 class particularly during summer so not bothered looking at specifics.

EI-A330-300
19th Aug 2015, 22:30
ET could be responsibe for some EY cuts they are doing well even though only 3 weekly.

EK have been very kind to travel agents which I suspect has really hit EY.

Sober Lark
20th Aug 2015, 07:31
Thanks for those figures Jamie. The figures DAA release always show an increase in numbers. If EY is reducing to 1x daily is there something wrong with Dublin Airports figures? You have 4x Daily to middle East giving following:

09th April - Other international passenger traffic to the Middle East grew by 45% with just over 63,000 passengers travelling last month.

15th May - Other international traffic, predominantly to the Middle East, recorded a 23% increase, as almost 62,000 passengers travelled

07th June - Other international traffic, which includes flights to the Middle East, increased by 22% in May, with over 56,000 passengers travelling these routes during the month

15th July - Other international traffic, which includes flights to two destinations in the Middle East and three to African destinations rose by 33%

How many passengers would 4 daily 777's carry per month?

EK have been very kind to travel agents very interesting point EI-A330-300 - so our travel agents are not that independent?

EY had an interest in EI but that has now gone to AIG so whatever plans they had on that one are gone.

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Aug 2015, 07:54
In another update EY close all reservations from 11 Jan-14 June 16.

LAX_LHR
20th Aug 2015, 08:57
I don't think all reservations have closed, I think it was just an update to say that it now goes 1 daily on 10th Jan rather than 1st Jan.

Jamie2k9
20th Aug 2015, 09:17
You have 4x Daily to middle East giving following:

EY had ever only 6 weekly B777 operating for a few months before it was back to A330 so between last September-Jan there would be 3 B777, 1 A332.

daa figures are consistent with stats, here is March 15 v 14 for example:

Other international passenger traffic to the Middle East grew by 45% with just over 63,000 passengers travelling last month.

EY - 25,935, EK - 31,196 = 57.131
RAK - 2,865
AGA - 1,090
SSH - 1,490
Total - 62,576*

EY - 20,662, EK - 20,719 = 41,381
AGA - 1,594
SSH - 557
Total - 43,532*

* - No including once off flights such as that to TLV on both years etc

EY loads over last few months

2014 - 6 777, 8 332
Jan - 83%
Feb - 64%
Mar - 66%
Apr - 84%
May - 68%
Jun - 82%
July - 87% - 10 -14 weekly (15/7)
Aug - 92%
Sep - 67%
Oct - 59%
Nov - 58%
Dec - 72%

Jan - 70%
Feb - 68% - 2 daily A332 resumes
Mar - 80%
Apr - 80%

Show how B777 wasn't ever required and A330 improves numbers considerably however EY increase actual numbers year on year even with B777 gone.
_______

In other news Finnair will increase HEL by 1 weekly to make it daily from 27 March 16, another along wtih ADD who will be looking to increase eastern long haul services.

Corkshamrock
20th Aug 2015, 13:25
Have noticed and not for 1st time over past 2 weeks the ACE-DUB rotation diverting to FAO. EI779 diverted to FAO before proceeding to DUB from ACE on Monday evening any reason why this is occurring or was it medical related?

AerRyan
20th Aug 2015, 13:29
Usually diverting for fuel due to restrictions on the runway at ACE.

Una Due Tfc
20th Aug 2015, 13:54
How are the ET IAD and YYZ pax counted? Are they included in the pax figures for Middle East and Africa or just as transit pax in general?

Also anybody know how are AA's loads holding up on CLT? I honestly thought they were going to drop it, not extend the season with an aircraft twice the size

EI-A330-300
20th Aug 2015, 15:13
very interesting point EI-A330-300 - so our travel agents are not that independent?

Well if EY and EK quote X and Y it is very likely passengers will go for cheapest option which I suspect was EK for a while particularly in it's first year. EK were also much more proactive on the marketing front when it launched. I can't really remember when EY did such visual marketing outside of the Sat/Sun Game and GAA.

In unrelated news revised application for runway will likely be launched in the next few months possibly by December. While passenger numbers will be at required levels, anybody guess as to how long application will take and contracts to be signed.

If all went well construction could start by late 2016 and it has been estimated to take 36 months to complete.

Una Due Tfc
20th Aug 2015, 15:44
Whenever the new runway opens (and it's been talked about for 20 odd years now) expect the current 10/28 to close shortly after for resurfacing and a new taxiway layout to be built

EI-A330-300
20th Aug 2015, 15:49
Whenever the new runway opens (and it's been talked about for 20 odd years now) expect the current 10/28 to close shortly after for resurfacing and a new taxiway layout to be built

and possible extension to 3000m

Una Due Tfc
20th Aug 2015, 16:00
That would require butting heads with the Portmarnock crowd again, they might not bother if the new runway is the 3,600m they now want, only the heavies will require more than the 2,600m already available. The DAA might not consider it worth their while.

EI-A330-300
20th Aug 2015, 16:18
That would require butting heads with the Portmarnock crowd again, they might not bother if the new runway is the 3,600m they now want, only the heavies will require more than the 2,600m already available. The DAA might not consider it worth their while.

Current plans are for 3110m x 60m so not the 3600m and SNN retains longest. Suppose DUB need's to give them something to shout about :oh:

RY28 extension is 390m would be added and it would be 3,027m. Cost of 55 million and would require planning application, house buyout/insulation programme, 34/28 intersection re-profiled.

Not sure what the daa position is on this but they would of seriously considered if the cap was much higher for new one I think.

Una Due Tfc
20th Aug 2015, 16:55
When speaking to some of my colleagues in DUB last year they said they and the DAA were going to try ammend the proposal for 3,600m, whether that's still the position I'm not sure, but they believed there was scope to do this in the existing planning permission granted?

Also from speaking to pilots based in Dublin, most think widening 10/28 is more of an issue for them. They say they prefer 16 in gusty condions from 220-240 degrees because it's wider and therefore easier to recover from a gust below 50 feet, whereas on 10/28 that requires a go-around

EI-A330-300
20th Aug 2015, 17:05
When speaking to some of my colleagues in DUB last year they said they and the DAA were going to try ammend the proposal for 3,600m, whether that's still the position I'm not sure, but they believed there was scope to do this in the existing planning permission granted?

3,600m should be possible but it will boil down to the daa footing the bill for the extra length or trying to convenience regulator.

There will definitely be a new application to over turn usage or runways between 23.00-07.00. Can't remember exact limits but the even runway could not be used between 6.00-7.00 and movements between 23.00-07.00 were restricted to either current levels or not much more.

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Aug 2015, 09:45
in various postings by EY they have said the reduction is because they will be down 4 aircraft between between Jan/June until 2 class Dreamliner's arrive for the route and 777 was used to minimize capacity reduction.

All four A340 leaving by end of year and there A350 replacment not arriving until 2017. They will receive a few 787 before June though.

GrahamK
26th Aug 2015, 07:13
Dublin currently closed due to hanger fire. Flights diverting to Shannon and Belfast

Sober Lark
26th Aug 2015, 08:26
See what happens when you put a croissant in a toaster? You close an airport for 90 mins. Reopened 08:45.

Porky Speedpig
26th Aug 2015, 08:58
Which hangar was it out of interest?

AerRyan
26th Aug 2015, 10:42
Hangar 3 was affected.

PPRuNeUser0176
26th Aug 2015, 15:49
2 aircraft were in at the time, 1 CityJet and 1 A321. No damage caused, fire started in the roof.

dublinamg
27th Aug 2015, 23:53
Just wondering if you can go through Security in Terminal 1 for a flight that is 'operating' from Terminal 2?

Was on an Aer Lingus Regional flight and got to Terminal 2 and went through security there. It was peak time so security time was 23 minutes according to the sign. Had a bit of a rush to the area in Terminal 1 which seems to be the Aer Lingus Regional boarding area. Would have been a lot easier to go through Terminal 1 security and come out right beside this boarding area. Can you do this if you have your boarding card already printed from home?

Also as it is some drive in the bus to the stands where the aircraft are parked. Our bus faced towards the long Terminal 2 pier and we drove all the way up one side of the pier, then all the way back down the opposite side and then past the lounge area where we boarded the bus before heading out to the plane which was parked out close to the 100 gates. Seems a crazy system that adds so much extra time to the boarding process

Jamie2k9
28th Aug 2015, 00:03
Just wondering if you can go through Security in Terminal 1 for a flight that is 'operating' from Terminal 2?

Was on an Aer Lingus Regional flight and got to Terminal 2 and went through security there. It was peak time so security time was 23 minutes according to the sign. Had a bit of a rush to the area in Terminal 1 which seems to be the Aer Lingus Regional boarding area. Would have been a lot easier to go through Terminal 1 security and come out right beside this boarding area. Can you do this if you have your boarding card already printed from home?

Also as it is some drive in the bus to the stands where the aircraft are parked. Our bus faced towards the long Terminal 2 pier and we drove all the way up one side of the pier, then all the way back down the opposite side and then past the lounge area where we boarded the bus before heading out to the plane which was parked out close to the 100 gates. Seems a crazy system that adds so much extra time to the boarding process

You can use either terminal however if T2 was 23 minutes then the chances are T1 was longer.

You know you should be at the airport at least 90 minutes before departure regardless of check in online or at the airport, if you had to rush to gate then how late did you leave it?

As for the route systems are there for a reason, you can't allow buses drive and turn anywhere on an active airfield. Given the time of day when there is 5 or 6 EIR flights together not always possible to have buses facing correctly.

dublinamg
28th Aug 2015, 12:10
Thanks for the info.

Yeah I was later than I normally would be - about 55 mins before the flight so was a bit rushed. You can still check in up to 45 mins before the flight so that would be even tighter if you did that

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Aug 2015, 14:16
There will be T2 busing facilities in 2017/2018.

They seem to of stopped boarding at 400 gates completely even at off peak times for whatever reason. It could be just a summer schedule issue however.

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Aug 2015, 21:16
Cathay Pacific could be the first Asian carrier to arrive in town with a Hong Kong service! No indications on service type (direct/tag on) etc but they are looking currently.

According to S Business Post (subscription required). Will post if I spot a screen shot on the article but suspect Travel Extra may get more info for next weeks addition.

A little shocked they are looking at DUB to be honest....

Noxegon
31st Aug 2015, 05:21
There's an interesting discussion going on the DUB Facebook page about the current pre clearance arrangements, where passengers have to clear security twice about five minutes apart. It has me wondering whether there's any way at all that a direct route to pre clearance could be constructed which would avoid the double check...

owenc
31st Aug 2015, 08:49
Yes it's a bit of a pain. The Queues at the American security are nuts.

It's also really disorganised, no one really tells anyone where to go so people go all over the place. There was alot of queue skipping going on which was also more than irritating especially when the flight is leaving soon.

Jamie2k9
31st Aug 2015, 09:26
There's an interesting discussion going on the DUB Facebook page about the current pre clearance arrangements, where passengers have to clear security twice about five minutes apart. It has me wondering whether there's any way at all that a direct route to pre clearance could be constructed which would avoid the double check...

So give them no access to the airport after check in?

TSA Security was moved to reduce congestion which has worked reasonably well. Guess people prefer longer queue's then....

Noxegon
31st Aug 2015, 13:55
So give them no access to the airport after check in?

I'd certainly like that option, especially if a lounge opens after pre-clearance.

It strikes me that it should be possible; simply put one-way doors on the entrance to pre-clearance from within the existing departure lounge, then build an enclosed route through one corner of the building.

Jamie2k9
31st Aug 2015, 15:33
I'd certainly like that option, especially if a lounge opens after pre-clearance.

Should of guessed you would! A lounge will open in a few months.

It strikes me that it should be possible; simply put one-way doors on the entrance to pre-clearance from within the existing departure lounge, then build an enclosed route through one corner of the building.

Building such a route is not practical and never going to happen. If they don't want to do security twice find an alternative routing.

Una Due Tfc
31st Aug 2015, 16:45

The yanks spend an absolute fortune in Duty Free, no way will the DAA ever separate them

Just a spotter
31st Aug 2015, 21:59
The yanks spend an absolute fortune in Duty Free, no way will the DAA ever separate them

I've often heard it said that the DAA and prior to that Aer Rianta, don't so much run airports as they do shopping centres with aircraft parking.

;)

JAS

aer lingus
1st Sep 2015, 11:08
It's not just Dublin, you have to go through security twice in SNN as well, first when you enter the general departure area and then when you go to enter preclearence section you get checked again.

owenc
1st Sep 2015, 12:22
Why not just open a seperate area for us departing passengers? I honestly didn't feel like the security measures were any different anyway.

Copenhagen
1st Sep 2015, 16:11
Most airports with US and Australian departing flights have a secondary security by the gate.

pholling
2nd Sep 2015, 07:35
It's not just Dublin, you have to go through security twice in SNN as well, first when you enter the general departure area and then when you go to enter preclearence section you get checked again.

It's been a few years since I have travelled to the US out of Dublin, but I seem to remember it was a 'reduced' screening after pre-clearance, in that bags and shoes were x-rayed but the other parts were not as thorough as a full screening. Has this been upgraded recently?

There are two reasons for the second screening.

You have/may have had access to your checked bag, so they want to ensure that you haven't swapped anything that is not allowed in your carry-on during this time
The original screening did not meet TSA standards, e.g. you did not have to remove your shoes for those that don't meet trusted traveller.

Remember travellers are released directly into the sterile area on arrival in the US. Anyone who doesn't do pre-clearance has to be re-screened on arrival. The double screening could be eliminated, but my guess is it is not deemed cost-effective. It would be a complete waste to create a full shopping area that is only useable during a small portion of the day. Some lounge space is fine, but most retailers would not like to have shops sitting completely idle for much of the day. It might be possible to 'upgrade' the main security to meet the TSA guidelines, but that would not solve the problem of access to checked luggage at pre-clearance.

Skipness One Echo
2nd Sep 2015, 07:45
Of course if this was anything more than "scare Joe Public presents Security Theatre" all passengers to the US would need to have their shoes xrayed. Of course at most airports, this does not happen and is therefore a security risk.
Or not.

Indeed there is nothing to stop the underpants bomber on most flights to the US from certain airports that don't have secondary TSA checks.

FR8364
3rd Sep 2015, 13:59
Ryanair PMO–DUB appears to be cancelled next summer ...? No flights loaded yet :(

Seljuk22
3rd Sep 2015, 16:38
Ryanair: 26 based aircrafts next summer and new route DUB-AMS from 27th October
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/15903-dublin-summer-2016-schedule/?market=ie)

Noxegon
3rd Sep 2015, 17:01
Nice to see some competition on the AMS route.

I had to get to Eindhoven earlier this year.

Booking about eight weeks out, EI into AMS was ~€400.

I ended up flying into DUS which was half the price.

peppo_8787
3rd Sep 2015, 20:43
Does anyone know what are the routes Ryanair is going to drop next summer?

Jamie2k9
6th Sep 2015, 16:51
From 2 November DL service to JFK will change from B763/4 to A333. A333 was scheduled back in March/April but lather replaced by B763/4 but now back to A333.

Of course the previous ATL change for S16 has been put back to B763 which is no surprise as it happens annually at this stage.

Una Due Tfc
6th Sep 2015, 17:09
They've been the only North American carrier reducing capacity from Ireland in recent years. ATL went from year round L1011 to MD11 to B772 to A333 to a seasonal B763, and JFK was 10 x weekly B763 peak season until a couple of years ago. 4 x daily AA and 4 x daily UA must have hit them hard?

Jamie2k9
6th Sep 2015, 17:21
They've been the only North American carrier reducing capacity from Ireland in recent years. ATL went from year round L1011 to MD11 to B772 to A333 to a seasonal B763, and JFK was 10 x weekly B763 peak season until a couple of years ago. 4 x daily AA and 4 x daily UA must have hit them hard?

Indeed they are the only carrier to not increase capacity but contract slightly but that has started to chnge recently.

JFK overall capacity during winter will has increased during winter 14 and now winter 15, granted stopping ATL for full season in winter 14 helped that and increased capacity to JFK.

The 10 weekly peak season JFK only operated for one season (? - @most 2) and I think we may see the A332 or 3 stay around for next summer to JFK over ATL. Summer capacity to JFK is up this year as DL previously operated B767 peak summer and winter and B752 outside of this in the last year or two in summer.

ATL is heavily dependent on transit numbers and as capacity increases and new routes have happened they have squeezed DL on that front.

Jamie2k9
7th Sep 2015, 13:12
2.6 million passengers in August +15%

Europe - 1.4 million +12%
UK - 823,000 +18%
Transatlantic - 319,000 +23%
Middle East and Africa - 86,000 +29%
Domestic - 8,500 +7%

Year to Date over 16.8 million +15% (+2.3 million)

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-09-07/Record_August_Traffic_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx

daa are expecting full year numbers to be around 24.9 million (+ 3.2 million).

PPRuNeUser0176
7th Sep 2015, 16:29
Will be really impressive if they get 24.9 million, would suggest 2016 would see 26.5 million at a minimum.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Sep 2015, 16:32
Europe Airpost/ASL Airlines France have announced Paris–Dublin-Halifax will return in 2016 and will operate from July to mid October (July/August this year). According to press release the passenger split is 75% (Paris) and 25% (Dublin).

Paris ? Halifax : Europe Airpost renforce son programme transatlantique - Europe Airpost (http://www.europeairpost.com/en/paris-halifax-europe-airpost-renforce-son-programme-transatlantique/)

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Sep 2015, 15:25
Dublin Airport is to spend an estimated €60m upgrading its existing runway and improving a number of other infrastructure elements.

"Recent studies have determined that the runway does not have sufficient structural strength for the projected aircraft movements over the next 15-20 years and a rehabilitation of the pavement is required," the DAA has told prospective contractors.

It added: "The condition of a number of other very critical assets in the vicinity of runway 10/28 has also been assessed over the last number of years. Through these assessments, it has been determined that the assets must be rehabilitated within the next two to three years in order to sustain airport operations and reduce the risk of a system failure."

The DAA noted that it finds it difficult to even locate spares for its critical but aging approach lighting system.

The existing main runway was built in 1989 and in 2010 was overlaid with a substance to allow for improved friction for aircraft. That scheme, which cost about €7m, had a design life of between six and eight years.

and also upgrading after Emirates requested for Q3 15 or Q1 16:

The works the DAA has sought tenders for also include the upgrade of lighting on the runway; taxiway upgrades; additional infrastructure for bigger aircraft such as the A380; and new signage.

Dublin Airport plans major runway works as part of ?60m spend - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/dublin-airport-plans-major-runway-works-as-part-of-60m-spend-31526186.html)

Sober Lark
15th Sep 2015, 16:44
Well they better sort out legitimate concerns over aircraft noise levels before they start wringing their hands at the prospect of increased revenue from increased capacity.

EI-A330-300
15th Sep 2015, 17:17
legitimate concerns over aircraft noise levels

:confused:

Since when is that an issue, unless crosswind is in operation there is minimal impact on people as the path is restricted from residential development.

Una Due Tfc
15th Sep 2015, 17:39
The only noise abatement procedure I can think of in DUB is no turning jet departures over Howth below 3,000 feet at night off 10.

They'll use 28 when winds allow for departures due to A) It being the most convenient for the aircraft and B) The least populated areas being west of the airfield.

Sober Lark
15th Sep 2015, 18:26
Let sleeping dogs lie.

In passing did you ever hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWg7IpphPc8

Una Due Tfc
15th Sep 2015, 19:16
Let sleeping dogs lie.

In passing did you ever hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWg7IpphPc8

Yeah, discussed ad finitum on the boards in work. Neither party came out of it too well. I imagine waiting for their numbers on ACARS is as annoying for BA crews as everyone else, I've spoken to plenty of pilots who have gotten stuck behind them at the holding point all over the world.

And actually having done a bit more research, there's no turning of jets off 10 allowed over Howth at any time at any level. Someone important must have complained! No mention of 16 though.....

PPRuNeUser0176
24th Sep 2015, 13:31
According to the Indian PM who visited for a few hours yeaterday he made a comment saying there will be a direct air services soon.

Visit to Ireland is short but historic, says PM Narendra Modi in Dublin (http://m.firstpost.com/world/ireland-visit-short-but-its-historic-says-prime-minister-narendra-modi-in-dublin-2443716.html)

Will be interesting to see if it will happen.

Liffy 1M
24th Sep 2015, 18:08
And actually having done a bit more research, there's no turning of jets off 10 allowed over Howth at any time at any level. Someone important must have complained! No mention of 16 though.....

Since 10/28 opened, SIDs have been in force which require jet departures to fly several miles before turning. Howth has been "protected" from the beginning, therefore. On 16, with the current SIDs turns start around the coast, subject to the aircraft being at a minimum of 3,000 feet.

Noxegon
25th Sep 2015, 15:56
They're closing the road in front of T1 for three months...

Latest News > Dublin Airport T1 Departures Road To Close For Essential Repairs (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-09-25/Dublin_Airport_T1_Departures_Road_To_Close_For_Essential_Rep airs.aspx)

Seems an incredible amount of time just to rebuild a road.

EI-A330-300
25th Sep 2015, 16:35
Seems an incredible amount of time just to rebuild a road.

As the road runs over the arrivals hall I expect it needs a lot more work than just throwing down tar on the road.

EI-A330-300
27th Sep 2015, 11:30
daa have been talking to travel extra

https://travelextra.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/travel-extras-sunday-supplement-sept-27/

Worldwide Routes is a good time to call the prospects of new routes for the next summer. daa are optimistic about their negotiations with a number of carrier to short haul destinations, while the perennial Delhi and Beijing options are still in play.

Dublin had 28 new routes and six new airlines in 2015, they expect similar number of new routes and three or four new airlines in 2016. Importantly, neither Ryanair nor Aer Lingus chose Routes to do their airport negotiations.

Will be doing well if they land 4 new carriers next year.

AerRyan
27th Sep 2015, 12:00
With Ryanair only launching 1 new route, wheres the growth coming from?

Jamie2k9
28th Sep 2015, 16:35
Delta latest schedule shows a B764 in place of B763 next summer to ATL.

ia350
28th Sep 2015, 16:55
How do you find out this sort of info ? Thanks .

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Sep 2015, 23:53
Finally a rail link to the airport will be announced lather today as part of 27 billion CIP between 2016-2021, growing speculation it will be a new metro line or a revised plan of the previously proposed route.

Given last week the Goverment were forced to announce that DART underground has been delayed until a revised and costs effective plan is in place. If they decide to extend the current tram line under construction it will be deeply un popular and not benefit Swords in terms of time taken to city and could easily result in a clear out of seats early next year come election time.

DU been delayed should guarantee a metro line.

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Sep 2015, 13:45
Official metro route from Swords-Airport-City with a journey time from Airport of 19 minutes but we have to wait until 2026..

Full Details:
https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/New_Metro_North_-_Map_and_Key_Facts.pdf

Noxegon
29th Sep 2015, 16:28
I'll believe it when construction actually starts. Until then I'm not holding my breath.

Charlie Roy
29th Sep 2015, 16:32
From Newstalk: Dublin's new Metro North: What is the plan? - Newstalk (http://www.newstalk.com/Metro-North-Dublin-Airport-capital-investment-plan-Swords-map-stations-trams-passengers-construction)

http://www.newstalk.com/content/000/images/000120/124087_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.JPG

Jamie2k9
29th Sep 2015, 16:54
I'll believe it when construction actually starts. Until then I'm not holding my breath.

i tend to agree, but it is making some progress. Would expect one final announcement before it has a chance of happening ;)

How do you find out this sort of info ? Thanks .

Received a link to a press statement.

Jamie2k9
30th Sep 2015, 17:31
Blue Air to begin Cluj-Napoca from 1 June.

Jamie2k9
6th Oct 2015, 10:04
SunExpress Adds Irish Route from late-May 2016 | Airline Route (http://airlineroute.net/2015/10/06/xq-aytdub-s16/)
Turkish carrier SunExpress in summer 2016 season is introducing service to Ireland, with the introduction of Antalya – Dublin route. This seasonal service operates once a week from 19MAY16 to 22SEP16, with 1 weekly flight.

XQ586 AYT0355 – 0710DUB 738 4
XQ587 DUB0800 – 1455AYT 738 4

Jamie2k9
8th Oct 2015, 09:39
Aer Lingus to hit FR by adding Pisa (3 weekly) and Murcia (4 weekly) next summer. Also Montpellier (2 weekly)

Sober Lark
8th Oct 2015, 11:32
EI already fly to MRS and PGF. MPL is only 169km from MRS and 157 from PGF.
FR also fly to CCF which is only 154 km to PGF. FR also fly to GRO which is only 98km to PGF.

FR are much cheaper than EI so how will FR be hit??

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Oct 2015, 11:47
Sober

I exprct he means in yield terms, look st LPL EI moving in has resulted in a 50% drop in starting fares compared to now when EI have not started. They also had to dump capacity when they planned to cut.

FR also dropped MRS this year and EI increased freq!

As for cheap off season yes but in summer they price the same as EI.

AerRyan
12th Oct 2015, 00:25
9 diversions this evening due to low visibility.

6 Ryanairs to Shannon
2 Aer Lingus' to Cork
1 Ryanair to Liverpool.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Oct 2015, 01:38
9 diversions this evening due to low visibility.

6 Ryanairs to Shannon
2 Aer Lingus' to Cork
1 Ryanair to Liverpool.

2 strange things here, EI using Cork and EI crew been able to return to DUB without going out of hours.

Have the daa offered them something to use Cork as a diversion airport where possible? Very strange for them to go to Cork!

AerRyan
12th Oct 2015, 07:07
Aer Lingus' preferred alternative (BFSL had a low visibility of 3000m at the same so I'd imagine that's why Cork was selected. EI propably has no ground staff on at Shannon.

simples
12th Oct 2015, 11:06
EIDW

Do you know what time the crew started their duty?

Jamie2k9
13th Oct 2015, 10:40
Over 2.3 million up 14%

Europe 1.2 million +14%
UK 750,000 +14%
Transatlantic 275,000 +16%
ME/Africa 68,000 +14%
Domestic 8,000 +21%

Year to date 19.2 million +15%

Latest News > Passenger Numbers Up 14% In September (http://dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-10-13/Passenger_Numbers_Up_14_In_September.aspx)

Beleive the 12 month period to September takes the rolling total to around 24.3 million.

mwm991
13th Oct 2015, 11:02
Just searched Skyscanner there and DUB-DFW flights showing in 2016 with DL, although not daily.

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Oct 2015, 11:11
Unlikely direct, DL have little presence there.

Una Due Tfc
13th Oct 2015, 12:06
Just searched Skyscanner there and DUB-DFW flights showing in 2016 with DL, although not daily.

It's probably the same trip number as one of the DUB flights, the US airlines do that a lot. E.G. DAL91 is DUB-JFK, then a couple of hours later DAL91 could be JFK-DFW

AerRyan
19th Oct 2015, 22:19
A few minor incidents at DUB today resulting in 2 diversions.
At around 11:50 an EI593 from Madrid landed at Dublin on RWY34 with a nose gear problem. Shortly afterwards a Norwegian flight declared an emergency with an ill passenger and landed at RWY28. As a result of these 2 emergencies there was alot of holding taking place at DUB, resulting an SAS from Oslo to opt for a divert to Shannon.

At around 20:30 a Ryanair jet bound for stansted had a rejected takeoff due to a blown tyre. This resulted in 2 go-around (2nd go around diverted to Liverpool) and a change of operations to RWY34 while 10/28 was searched for Debris.

EI-A330-300
20th Oct 2015, 00:43
Work has started on the A380 gate!

CCR
20th Oct 2015, 00:56
Landed in Dublin before midnight and heard some construction work going on by Terminal 1 Arrivals which was very busy. It was like rush hour there.
The Aircoach to Belfast was full so had to hop on the Bus Eireann Expressway which stops off in Newry and a few other towns along the way to Belfast.
Seriously, the planned metro north really isn`t good enough.
Dublin airport needs an Intercity/DART rail station connected up to the rest of Ireland rather than everyone having to hop on buses to Belfast, Cork and Galway etc.

Jamie2k9
20th Oct 2015, 02:30
CCR

A rail link while welcome will not move people from expressway buses to trains for a range of reasons prinarly pricing which would be 5-6 times more in some cases and services will not run outside current hours because costs outweight demand. Running a bus with 1 driver and up to 50 passengers is way cheaper than running a train service where each route would require 10-15 staff and a minimum of 190 passengers to make any sort of profit and/or break even. All intercity routes receive a subsidy outside the main two which make a profit and at that questions could be asked if its adequate for those routes.

Metro N will probably never be built, until a contract has been awarded don't beleive anything. ;)

ia350
20th Oct 2015, 19:57
Anyone know what time this announcement will be ?

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Oct 2015, 09:28
ET to add New York in 2016 while Chicago and Houston are been looked at in 2017. They are looking at picking up passengers in Dublin but no decision has been made.

They say LAX doing well however EIs pending news may change that.

Ethiopian Airlines plans further growth in Asia and US, starting with Chengdu and New York | CAPA - Centre for Aviation (http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/ethiopian-airlines-plans-further-growth-in-asia-and-us-starting-with-chengdu-and-new-york-249034)

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Oct 2015, 09:50
Newerk - Daily - 1 September
EI 101 1310-1540
EI 100 1735-0520

Heartford - Daily - 28 September
On Sale from 3 November

LA - 5 weekly - 4 May
EI 145 1500-1800
EI 144 1950-1400

New A330 not due until August.

Una Due Tfc
21st Oct 2015, 13:56
EI 101 1310-1540
EI 100 1735-0520

On Sale from 3 November

LA - 5 weekly - 4 May
EI 145 1500-1800
EI 144 1950-1400

So they'll have to sub a 757 in on a 330 route to make LA work?

CCR
21st Oct 2015, 15:00
Jamie2k9

If there was proper planning done in Ireland, Dublin airport would be one of the busiest rail stations in Ireland. You only have to fly to Amsterdam, Paris CDG, Geneva, Zurich etc etc etc where other European countries seamlessly integrate their airports with their rail network.

Jamie2k9
21st Oct 2015, 15:25
Jamie2k9

If there was proper planning done in Ireland, Dublin airport would be one of the busiest rail stations in Ireland. You only have to fly to Amsterdam, Paris CDG, Geneva, Zurich etc etc etc where other European countries seamlessly integrate their airports with their rail network.

Not about planning at all, it is demand, I'm sure a railway station would be very busy but primarily in Dublin commuter zone.

Railways here will always struggle to make a profit for various reasons and this won't change.

Use Cork as an example 20e return on the bus or pay up to 80e (at very least double bus price). It would defeat the purpose of them not using Cork Airport....and the bus is faster, train will never be able to compete.

EI 101 1310-1540
EI 100 1735-0520

On Sale from 3 November

LA - 5 weekly - 4 May
EI 145 1500-1800
EI 144 1950-1400

Not sure of the flight number but the schedule for Heartford is:
14.40-16.40
18.10-05.20

21st Oct 2015, 15:36
That's comparing the very cheapest advance bus fare to the walk up fare for the train. I'm sure Michael O'Leary would be proud :)

Using Cork as an example, you could make the same argument for travel to Dublin City Centre, yet 2.5 million use the train between the two cities every year, so if the option is there, plenty will use it. Of course, Cork has the advantage of a pretty fast train service to Dublin that beats the bus by 45 minutes. I doubt the numbers would hold up for other lines.

Jamie2k9
21st Oct 2015, 15:48
That's comparing the very cheapest advance bus fare to the walk up fare for the train. I'm sure Michael O'Leary would be proud

Using Cork as an example, you could make the same argument for travel to Dublin City Centre, yet 2.5 million use the train between the two cities every year, so if the option is there, plenty will use it. Of course, Cork has the advantage of a pretty fast train service to Dublin that beats the bus by 45 minutes. I doubt the numbers would hold up for other lines.

I did say at the very least double which is 40 euro and given the extra distance I would add another 5-10 to train fares as Irish Rail would be forced to cut fares to Heuston otherwise. They have have a good sale once or twice a year but my point still stands.

Your 2.5 million figure is incorrect, the way the figures are bundled together it makes for great reading but it's far from reality.

As for speed the bus can do in 2h45-50 at night and the train takes 2h30,(+30 to airport if happened) even the new express has failed to be on time, attract numbers and has made a lot of other people angry. The express is bleeding money but it won't ever be scrapped nor expanded....

ia350
21st Oct 2015, 19:20
So what can we expect to see for 2017 ?

Miami, Dallas , Montreal ?

Would love to see Vancouver but can't see it with San Francisco and now LA .

Dontgothere
21st Oct 2015, 21:31
Well that doesn't mean to say that Air Canada Rouge wouldn't consider YVR. In fact the north west is a total blank spot for DUB, so I suspect SEA or YVR are probably quite high on the agenda. So too would be the southern DFW, though.

I think that there would be very few opportunities left now out of DUB (apart from increased frequencies perhaps) to the eastern part of North America, because most important points in the east are covered. The only one that's really missing a decent service I'd say is YUL.

Una Due Tfc
21st Oct 2015, 21:51
How many times a week do Air Transat serve YUL out of DUB currently? Once?

CCR
21st Oct 2015, 22:18
Clearly there is demand for it...there wouldn`t be an hourly train service between Cork and Dublin if there wasn`t demand for it!!! And that`s competing with at least 2 or 3 bus companies on the Cork-Dublin route!!!
If some trains from Cork were routed through the Phoenix Park tunnel and onwards via a spur to Dublin airport and reconnecting north of Malahide to the Belfast line, pax from not just Cork and Belfast would have direct access to Dublin airport but stations along the whole national rail network as well as Dublin commuter/DART trains would have access to Dublin airport.