PDA

View Full Version : DUBLIN - 2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

31st Aug 2011, 16:22
I'd have thought Dublin was longer than Birmingham, which isn't exactly known for its runway length.

snipes
31st Aug 2011, 16:36
Jeepers lads come on.

An aircraft can take off from any runway that it has performance data for.

The operator gets approval from the "aviation bodys" to operate it's aircraft, the performance data is supplied by the manufacturers who have approval to do so for the aircraft that they produce.

If the runway is short, the performance (weight) it can lift is greatly reduced. Vice versa if it's long.

IAA Approval for Dublin for a 777 to land/depart - give me a break!?

If the performance manuals said the 777 could only lift 1 tonne of fuel and 1 pax off Dublin 28, then that's what they'd do. Commercially stupid, but completely legal.

IAA has better things to be doing (but never does them).

Jamie2k9
31st Aug 2011, 19:27
The 773 is cleared to operate from DUB to UAE. Weather its EY or EK it can operate.

Take a look in UTube to see one take off if ye want.

Just a spotter
31st Aug 2011, 20:16
You can thank "The Shannon Lobby" and the parish pump nature of Irish politics for the resultant situation of Dublin boasting the shortest main runway at the major airport of any western European capital city.

Back in the days of the stop over, there was no reason to extend (despite plenty of room at the 10 threshold end) and the pressure on then Aer Rianta to keep it that way via government was significant. All fine and well when going west required a stop in Co. Clare. Pretty dumb today when all the new business opportunities are a way off to the east.

JAS

Sober Lark
1st Sep 2011, 08:25
ROI imports - UK 33.4%, US 11.7%, Germany 8.1%, China 6.8%, Netherlands 5%.

ROI exports - US 19.3%, UK 18.4%, Belgium 14.2%, Germany 7.1%, France 5.8%.

No sign of a runway extension requirement in these figures.

heidelberg
1st Sep 2011, 09:48
DUB 2637m
BHX 2605m
GLA 2658m
MAN 3048m

Dublin, Birmingham & Glasgow have similar runway length.
Manchester clearly much longer.

Where does this leave us regarding operating fully loaded 777 or whatever from DUB to middle east airports?

PPRuNeUser0176
1st Sep 2011, 10:42
How many times does it need to be said. DUB is cleared to operate a FULLY LOADED B777 to UAE. Can we move on or how many more people have to say its can operate before people get the message. :mad:

Skipness One Echo
1st Sep 2011, 10:49
DUB is cleared to operate a FULLY LOADED B777 to UAE.

It won't be unrestricted I suspect but it will be a restriction that the airline can happily live within given acceptable loads and cargo revenues. In the burning heat of a Dublin summer (on occasion) with a full passenger and heavy cargo load, they might have to leave some cargo on the hottest days. The aircraft will never be "fully loaded" as it's never going to need max fuel and MTOW only going to Dubai or Abu Dhabi. "Fully loaded" would be the DXB-IAH run on the B777-200LR.

By way of comparison, CityJet frequently have to make decisions on passenger offloads at London City when the wind's not favourable and the loads are high. This does not stop them operating out of LCY however. Actually come to think of it, so do BA CityFlyer and they operate the most modern ERJ-190s. Hence, given that the runway length at DUB is comparable to GLA and BHX where Emirates have happily operating the B777-330ER for many years, it's therefore not a barrier at Dublin unless they really do have long Indian summers !

Dublin boasting the shortest main runway at the major airport of any western European capital city.
Were Aer Lingus suffering in summer flying DUB-LAX and SFO off the main runway on newish A330-200s? I mean were the payload restrictions prohibitive to profitability or was the route dropped for other more reasons?

DannyKelly22
1st Sep 2011, 12:55
i know of many flights that left for SFO and LAX with FULL loads in both cabins, and this was the days were each passenger was allowed 2 checked bags as well as J PAX taking 3 but have known many to take more and be allowed to travel with it. I know the route also generate a lot of cargo revenue so NO i don't think there was any restrictions on these flights in terms of payload, i would have at the time said if the A330-300's could make SFO or LAX with full passenger loads and cargo EI would have had them on the route.

Just a spotter
1st Sep 2011, 14:46
I don't know about the profitability of individual routes, their load factors or cargo payload, but I can say that I've observed 333's heading to the US East Coast request to and then holding short of 2-8 explicitly stating that they had to wait until the wind picked up a couple of knots before departing.

(In fairness, I don't recall the reg, so it may have been one of the older, heavier 333's).

JAS

StephenM_SMC
1st Sep 2011, 17:59
I believe it was the recently retired EI-ORD you mean JAS?

INLAK
3rd Sep 2011, 06:02
Runway length alone is not a sufficient decider on the performance available. Obstacles in the departure performance cone will have a significant effect on the weight an aircraft can lift.

barossavalley
3rd Sep 2011, 06:24
Irish Times editorial on DART spur proposal this morning asks: Why was diverting the Dublin-Belfast railway line through Dublin airport never considered?
Dart to the airport - The Irish Times - Sat, Sep 03, 2011 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2011/0903/1224303421999.html)

barossavalley
8th Sep 2011, 13:17
Emirates service daily from January using an A330-200 operating three class configuration, 12.55 from Dublin arriving 00.25 following morning, 07.00 from Dubai arriving Dublin 11.30

delta154
8th Sep 2011, 13:24
Correct, now on emirates website. DXB-DUB will be EK161, return will be EK162

airbourne
8th Sep 2011, 13:36
I cant see the 3 class config lasting.

barossavalley
8th Sep 2011, 13:40
Emirates service daily from January using an A330-200 operating three class configuration, 12.55 from Dublin arriving 00.25 following morning, 07.00 from Dubai arriving Dublin 11.30

NorthernCounties
Didn't they state that they weren't sure of this when they started DXB - MAN but it worked better than expected?

delta154
It does seem to be a trend at the moment that new Euro destinations for EK are opened with 3 class aircraft. CPH/AMS/MAD and now DUB. Like you say, how long until a 2 class B773 is needed?

It will be interesting to see where the 3 class unit comes from? EK21/22 for B777 anyone?

However, it will be interesting to see Etihad's reaction to this. At MAN, when EK went 3 daily, Etihad upped to double daily (after initially going up to 10 weekly), so, will Etihad fight it out at DUB, or retract?

DannyKelly22
8th Sep 2011, 13:42
press release found here,

http://www.emirates.com/ie/english/about/news/news_detail.aspx?article=711393&offset=0

dublinaviator
8th Sep 2011, 13:44
Emirates to launch daily service to Dublin | Emirates | About Emirates | News (http://www.emirates.com/ie/english/about/news/news_detail.aspx?article=711393&offset=0)

delta154
8th Sep 2011, 13:48
jesus its begun,I see the over-excited lot over on the forum that has a dark blue background are already hailing the A380 to be used. :rolleyes:

DannyKelly22
8th Sep 2011, 13:56
I know, I would rather see them build service by using frequency, so instead on increasing from A332 to B772 would rather see them go to 2xdaily A332,

Just looking at aircraft config, its a 3class offered to Dublin so

12 First
35 Business Class
190 Economy,

Ireland can probably sustain 190 in economy daily, if not more but wot about first and business???

Jack1985
8th Sep 2011, 14:00
Great news will be great to see the Emirates A332 at T2. :ok:

Seljuk22
8th Sep 2011, 14:36
It will be interesting to see where the 3 class unit comes from?

EK will upgrade daily flights to FCO, DUS, BLR and HYD from A332 (all 3 class) to A343/ B777 from 1st December.
Some will needed for the new flights to FRA and HKG starting December but I think one frame will be used for DUB (even thought it starts in January).

On 1st January DXB-PRG will be upgraded from A332 to B773 but this is a 2 class A332.

Just a spotter
8th Sep 2011, 14:44
EK could have kitted the aircraft out as 75% 'Steerage' and sold one way tickets to Aus with little difficulty on a daily basis.

It will be interesting if we see load factors in each direction.

JAS

justanotherloser
8th Sep 2011, 15:13
That remark on the other website was a joke, Delta154, so dont be making trouble. It was also answered that the two daily EY flights and the EK flight offer a similar level of capacity as one A380, which is entirely correct.

If you are going to attack people like that, at least get your facts right.

snipes
8th Sep 2011, 15:14
You're welcome! ;)

delta154
8th Sep 2011, 15:42
That remark on the other website was a joke, Delta154, so dont be making trouble. It was also answered that the two daily EY flights and the EK flight offer a similar level of capacity as one A380, which is entirely correct.

If you are going to attack people like that, at least get your facts right.

Firstly, calm down.

Secondly, Etihad is 11 weekly, not 2 daily.

Thirdly, I wouldnt be so sure it was a joke, Im not going to post why on here as it would surely be jumped on by the mods as irrelvent (which in all fairness it would be), but if you would like to know more behind the remark, feel free to pm me justanotherloser

akerosid
8th Sep 2011, 15:46
Brilliant news - about :mad:time!

I was surprised to see a 3 class aircraft and I guess that's what's available, but whatever they send is welcome! As I said previously, with THEIR A330s not going to be around beyond 3-4 years, EK will want to upgrade to 773/77Ws at some stage, which means they will be quite aggressive in building their Irish route; would not be surprised to see a 77F service at some stage, either, as cargo will be very important.

I would expect to see EK going twice daily in due course,largely because the late night Dep. ex-DUB is better for connections to Oz. (SYD, MEL, BNE nonstops leave c.1030).

This is a huge boost to the Irish economy; with EI unlikely to look east (certainly now) and one of their potential owners (BA) unlikely to encourage them anyway, EK is where the future lies as far as tapping Asian markets. I bet EI is wondering what might have been, had Mannion not messed up the DXB route ...

delta154
8th Sep 2011, 15:58
would not be surprised to see a 77F service at some stage, either, as cargo will be very important

I would be. If you look at their UK ops for example, out of 15 daily flights, not one regular Skycargo flight touches down there, and, aside from Asia, the UK is one of Emirates Biggest markets.

I would expect to see EK going twice daily in due course,largely because the late night Dep. ex-DUB is better for connections to Oz. (SYD, MEL, BNE nonstops leave c.1030)

Agreed. It seems to be emirates policy that a destination in Europes inaugral flight is around Lunchtime. After a few years (and maybe an upgrade to the inaugral flight), an evening departure is added (20:00-21:00 dep Ex Europe).
Then, for the exclusive few who perform well, a 3rd daily flight in the morning. So far, only Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester and Frankfurt seem to have that in Europe.
For the destinations with exceptional F/J demand, they look at the A380.

had Mannion not messed up the DXB route

Ive seen this comment thrown about quite a bit on the forum with the dark blue background, and there seems to be one thing people overlook:

-Ive seen some say 'Mannion was wrong to say only 50 people fly DUB-SYD every day. 50 seats a day from DUB-SYD is probably about right. Dont forget, Emirates wont just be serving DUB-DXB-SYD, but pretty much every destination east of Dubai. 50 a day heading to 1 single destination out of the probable other 40 or so destinations is quite generous.

-Other say how could EI not make DUB-middle east work, but EY can? EY dont make DUB-Mid east work, and neither will Emirates. You will find very few passengers actually terminate at DXB/AUH. EK/EY are making DUB-Far east/Australasia work! These 2 airlines offer something EI never could, nor never will, thats onward connections.

Skipness One Echo
8th Sep 2011, 15:59
I bet EI is wondering what might have been, had Mannion not messed up the DXB route ...

You're comparing apples with pears, Emirates was always going to have Dublin on the "Cities to serve list" regardless of whether the Irish flag carrier's one and only foray into the Middle East worked or not. It might have been worse had EI succeeded and built the traffic up only for EK to walk in and nick it.
It will be *very* interesting to see what Etihad do here, having built the market up well, is there really room for both?

btw Emirates only have two B777Fs so not that sure DUB will be seeing them soon.

justanotherloser
8th Sep 2011, 16:04
DL154,

I'm perfectly calm. Just a tad annoyed at seeing the arrogance on this site which seems to suggest it is somehow superior. If anything, the Dublin thread on this site is toxic with negativity and caustic that comes from a handful of posters in Jobs which always think they are the font of all knowledge. (I am not pointing that accusation at you, by the way)

Secondly, i'm quite aware that EY are 11 weekly, but on the days where they operate two daily, the capacity offered is not a million miles from an A380 when you now add the capacity being offered by EK. That is a statement of fact. No one was saying EK were going to jump from a 330 to a 380 in a matter of days.... the guy who made the post on that site made it quite clear with the smiley face and his wording, that it was, indeed a joke.

Now, to the assertion that DUB-SYD is a market of 50 pax per day, in fact the market DUB-SYD is just a few shy of 50,000 per annum. That equates to 138 pax per day, and that is not counting the numbers going from ORK, SNN or BFS either, many of whom could be expected to travel from DUB.

Jamie2k9
8th Sep 2011, 16:11
Emirates will have new times from 25 March. Slots have to TBC but it will be lather than the current times. They can't operate from T2 any earlier thats why they have to arrive at 11.30.

EY won't cut. They are making €€€ on that service and its one of there most profitable. EK will help bring down prices which is good.

delta154
8th Sep 2011, 16:25
EY won't cut. They are making €€€ on that service and its one of there most profitable. EK will help bring down prices which is good.

I doubt Etihad would publicise the figures to prove DUB is one of their most profitable, but, you actually just pointed out a bigger problem than benefit.
If, and its a big if,
a) EY's DUB-AUH is one of their most profitable, but then
b)EK forces them to drop seat prices,
Doesnt that mean point a) then comes into question? After all, a drop in seat prices means a drop in profit?

EI Premier
8th Sep 2011, 16:36
EY won't cut. They are making €€€ on that service and its one of there most profitable. EK will help bring down prices which is good. But surely you have just pointed out the biggest obstacle to EY and the exact reason why they could well be forced to cut into the medium term.

If the average price on the route is driven down, which it will be as a result of increased competition - total revenues for EY will drop and as a result so will their bottom line profitability ex DUB.

Excellent news no doubt, particularly in the current environment - however I would question as to how full the F cabin will be ex DUB and as to what level of discounting may be required to boost loads in that cabin.

No doubt the route will be a strong performer overall, it's the total net increase in Middle East traffic ex DUB that will be the important metric.

EI Premier

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Sep 2011, 17:45
EY charge €250 - €300 more for flights from DUB compared to flights from MAN, LHR etc. They will be able to take a massive cut in fares before the routes starts to lose money. They will not just play right into EK by reducing in the near future.

delta154
8th Sep 2011, 18:03
EY charge €250 - €300 more for flights from DUB compared to flights from MAN, LHR etc.Just did a dummy booking for 15th Feb.

MAN-AUH came in at £690
DUB-AUH came in at €482.90 (factor in the exchange rate courtesy of xe.com and I make it £419)

justanotherloser
8th Sep 2011, 18:32
A dummy booking for a flight several months from now means little or nothing.

More succesful and profitable routes are often those with later booking profiles.

delta154
8th Sep 2011, 18:40
A dummy booking for a flight several months from now means little or nothing.

More succesful and profitable routes are often those with later booking profilesOk then smarty pant hows this for a late booking?:

9th Sept
MAN-AUH £893
DUB-AUH £462

10th sept
MAN-AUH £693
DUB-AUH £507

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Sep 2011, 18:45
MAN - ABU - depart 2 July, return 9 July - €636.30
DUB - ABU - depart 2 July, return 9 July - €718.84

delta154
8th Sep 2011, 18:56
well, even with that fare you found, its only £70-odd difference, hardly the 200-300 euros quoted.
Added the that the fares found higher at MAN than DUB, hardly shows an all out higher price from DUB does it?

North West
8th Sep 2011, 19:37
Won't the UK fares include APD which is paid by the customer but is not revenue generated for the airline? Seat yield comparison should only be on the income earned by the airline.

CARNMANORLAD
8th Sep 2011, 20:23
When are the flights going on sale? Hope to see some fantastic opening fares.

ayroplain
9th Sep 2011, 13:33
I see that the CEO of EI made reference the other day to certain lack of facilities at T2 (are we surprised?):

No conveyor belt between baggage and US CBP so bags have to go by hand.

Absence of chutes from Gates to Ramp for buggies resulting in long journeys for manual transportation of same.

No parking guidance system for incoming a/c. Yes, a brand new Terminal and marshallers still have to be used.

The a/c still require tankers for re-fuelling instead of a fuel line system.

Not enough gates.

Ah well, I'm sure the DAA had more important issues in their plan such as shops and cafes and, no doubt, bowed to the unions in the case of some of the above.

ayroplain
10th Sep 2011, 13:57
I've just been perusing the indicated sale value of State assets as published in last week's papers. In the area of Transport from a taxpayers' viewpoint there is no point in the State selling its holding in Aer Lingus right now as it is only worth buttons but the DAA (I presume this includes Cork and Shannon) is worth just under a billion. That's reasonably serious money in the light of the predicament Ireland is in. Hopefully, they will start that process soon making sure that Dublin is sold on the basis of competing terminals. Not holding my breath though as the nonsensical aviation political baggage that has plagued the country since its foundation which I thought the incoming new Government would quickly discard doesn't look like being ditched anytime soon.

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Sep 2011, 17:27
As of Firday Sep 9:
Shannon Airport Authority have submitted a proposal to the Department of Transport suggesting a separation from the DAA and leased to a private company for a period of 15 to 35 years.

Cork Airport suggested a CIE-type holding company should be established with the three State airports

j_davey
12th Sep 2011, 11:25
@ayroplain,yep unions are running the airport...

you know T2 is plumbed for underground fuelling? its a bloody disgrace.

Copenhagen
12th Sep 2011, 14:36
If EI got off their own backsides and decided if they were moving to terminal two sooner than thirty seconds to midnight in construction terms they could have given proper input into the terminal design, like most hub carriers do in their home airport. :ugh:

Its a bit late to complain about functionality when the terminal is complete.

ayroplain
12th Sep 2011, 15:48
If EI got off their own backsides and decided if they were moving to terminal two sooner than thirty seconds to midnight in construction terms they could have given proper input into the terminal design, like most hub carriers do in their home airport. Its a bit late to complain about functionality when the terminal is complete.
If the DAA needed Aer Lingus to tell them about the above-mentioned facilities for a modern Terminal then they shouldn't be running airports and should just stick to opening shops and cafes, preferably a million miles from any airport.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Sep 2011, 22:04
if the infrastructure is there why have Aer Lingus done nothng about it other than complain :mad:. If EI want to use it then use it, can't see the DAA going to stop them.

ayroplain
12th Sep 2011, 22:30
if the infrastructure is there why have Aer Lingus done nothng about it other than complain . If EI want to use it then use it, can't see the DAA going to stop them.

Good God, man, have you even bothered to read what was said. How can they use facilities/infrastructures that are not there:ugh: Reminder of what EI CEO said:.

No conveyor belt between baggage and US CBP so bags have to go by hand.

Absence of chutes from Gates to Ramp for buggies resulting in long journeys for manual transportation of same.

No parking guidance system for incoming a/c. Yes, a brand new Terminal and marshallers still have to be used.

The a/c still require tankers for re-fuelling instead of a fuel line system.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Sep 2011, 22:35
And did you read:

the infrastructure is there, its just not being used.

Would take that as the fuel line system is there but not being used.

ayroplain
12th Sep 2011, 22:48
Yes, I did read it. It is not being used by the DAA.

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Sep 2011, 15:50
Looks like Europe Airpost will not operate from Dublin for summer 2012. Not known if there will be a replacment carrier.

Any update on the Swiss Flight to ZRH today? Beleave a number of passengers

j636
13th Sep 2011, 23:43
According to Aviation Herald the cause is under investigation and a replacement aircraft was due to operate the flight with a delay of 8 hours.

Copenhagen
14th Sep 2011, 11:33
I didn't know that the DAA provided fuel to airlines.

jucylucy
14th Sep 2011, 12:54
Why do you say that Europe Airpost will not operate from Dublin next summer? One A/C is operated by Air Contractors in EAP colours,is based in Dublin and will be operating for 2012.:ok:

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Sep 2011, 13:50
Air Contractors will operate but Europe Airpost also base an aircraft here over the summer which they will not next summer.

Jamie2k9
16th Sep 2011, 22:19
There were reports that Air Transit were to cancel DUB services from end of the season because they have not got enough aircraft.

They have had a re think and flights expected to continue but not confirmed yet.

Jamie2k9
16th Sep 2011, 22:32
When I heard that they may leave they were not sure weather they would lease further aircraft to replace the ones leaving the fleet so if the TCX are going to them then, its lightly to stay.

TSR2
16th Sep 2011, 22:33
It was reported that three Thomas Cook A330's are to join Air Transat at the end of the summer season.

PPRuNeUser0176
17th Sep 2011, 15:29
TS confirmed they will operate from DUB next year 5 weekly flights. They are always late loading DUB flights every year.

Jamie2k9
17th Sep 2011, 16:44
Lufthansa will further increase DUB - FRA services this winter. All 3 daily flights will be operated by a A321. They had planned to have 2 A321 and 1 A320. This and the new early departure time for more connecting flights. Winter 2010/11 it was 2 A320 and 1 A321.

dep DUB - 05.45, 12.20, 17.50
arr DUB - 11.35, 17.05, 23.25

Seats available weekly winter 2010/11 - 6692
Seats available weekly winter 2011/12 - 7812

EI Premier
17th Sep 2011, 16:50
TS confirmed they will operate from DUB next year 5 weekly flights. They are always late loading DUB flights every year. Would you happen to have a source on that confirmation?

EI Premier

Jamie2k9
17th Sep 2011, 16:59
When are the flights going on sale? Hope to see some fantastic opening fares.

soon, expect some offer fares shortly.
You will only pay €34.35 tax for return flights. They did say they "received generous incentives from the DAA"

Currently Travel Agents offering fares for about €600 return.

Shamrogue
17th Sep 2011, 17:25
Jamie,

Travel Agents will offer the cheaper fare when it turns up too.

Regards
Shamrogue

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Sep 2011, 12:42
Lufthansa will further increase DUB - FRA services this winter. All 3 daily flights will be operated by a A321. They had planned to have 2 A321 and 1 A320. This and the new early departure time for more connecting flights. Winter 2010/11 it was 2 A320 and 1 A321.

dep DUB - 05.45, 12.20, 17.50
arr DUB - 11.35, 17.05, 23.25

Seats available weekly winter 2010/11 - 6692
Seats available weekly winter 2011/12 - 7812

Thats quiet an increase for winter. Could we expect more for next summer?

Jamie2k9
18th Sep 2011, 23:32
Bmi will now night stop in DUB daily, They had planned a morning departure at 07.05 Mon - Sat but they will also operate a 09.45 departure on Sundays after the 08.40 departure on Sunday which is LHR based.

The night stop has also being extended into summer 2012.

Jamie2k9
20th Sep 2011, 18:04
August passengers numbers under 2 million down 2%

Ryanair reduced services for the month and PSO finishing account for the drop. Reduction 0.7 not including PSO stopping.

Domestic - 9,000 down 71%
Europe - 1.1 million down 1.1%
UK - 660,000 up 1%
US - 190,000 up 7%
Middle East - Same as 2010

Just under 13 million year to date. Up 4%

FR have cut for rest of year so passenger numbers while lightly see a decline until year end.

Latest News > Just Under 2 Million Passengers Passed Through Dublin Airport In August (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-09-20/Just_Under_2_Million_Passengers_Passed_Through_Dublin_Airpor t_In_August.aspx)

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Sep 2011, 18:36
Air Transit summer 2012 from DUB on sale. Same as this year 5 weekly.

j636
20th Sep 2011, 19:55
EY have cut DUB - AUH fares to €599 return to match EK, both wont be able to go much cheeper than that.

smythonthehill
20th Sep 2011, 23:11
Just wanted to let people know. Air Transat have some amazing prices from Dublin to Toronto/Montreal in May! I am just after booking Dublin - Montreal on 17th May to 31st May for 168 euros return all in!!!! Though i checked and you can also get to Toronto for around 199 euros return which is also brilliant. Hope this helps some people get to a destination, that is usually quite pricey at times!

DannyKelly22
20th Sep 2011, 23:42
anyone thinking of going to toronto, seen a post on another forum fares are €188 return in may so thought i'd check it out as it is bound to be wrong, but true enough, i can get return flights for €188. what a bargain.

ayroplain
20th Sep 2011, 23:53
Willie Walsh joins the party.

BA chief says Ireland needs radical reform | Business | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/ireland-business-blog-with-lisa-ocarroll/2011/sep/16/ba-chief-ireland-radical-reform?INTCMP=SRCH)

I had high hopes that Mr. Varadkar would weigh in with some quick positive action but it looks like he's just a clone of his clueless predecessors when it comes to aviation.

VanBosh
21st Sep 2011, 08:37
does anyone know why you cant book from Dublin on the Emirates website? I can see the timetable but cant start a booking in dublin? If I try to book from DXB to DUB, its fine and will even show options via the UK?

vkid
21st Sep 2011, 09:44
W. Walshes comments on T2 are interesting though.
Whats this about forcing passengers to go up 2 floors up and 2 floors down? Havent used T2 yet so just wondering..

smythonthehill
21st Sep 2011, 09:46
I checked back on the Air Transat website this morning and the flights are up to over 450 euro return. So last night the taxes must not have been included accidently. So i picked up a return flght from Dublin to Montreal for €168! Bargain!!!!

CLIPPER 33
21st Sep 2011, 10:13
Air Transat is an increase of one flight, 2011 was 4 per week. This year there is an extra flight on Sunday.

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Sep 2011, 13:17
Latest News > New Autopass Passenger Security System Introduced In Terminal 1 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-09-21/New_Autopass_Passenger_Security_System_Introduced_In_Termina l_1.aspx)

21st Sep 2011, 15:32
Whats this about forcing passengers to go up 2 floors up and 2 floors down?

On departure, it's 2 floors up and one floor down. Although US-bound passengers have to go up 2 floors and down 2 to get through pre-clearance.

Arrivals are a bit more straightforward.

My main issue with Terminal 2 (and with Dublin Airport in general) is that the signage is apalling. I spent 20 minutes trying to find a shuttle bus a few weeks ago and I while I use Cork more than Dublin, I've still been a passenger into or out of Dublin over 10 times this year.

Noxegon
21st Sep 2011, 16:47
I used the auto pass system on Tuesday morning, and I have to say I liked it. Nice to see the DAA doing something to modernise the cattle shed that is T1.

ayroplain
21st Sep 2011, 16:50
Latest News > New Autopass Passenger Security System Introduced In Terminal 1

Well, credit where credit is due. Although the pax numbers are way down the Security situation and the guys and gals therein at DUB are excellent. Good to see they are following in Gatwick's footsteps with this new development. Hope to test it out soon.

Jamie2k9
21st Sep 2011, 23:22
AMC Airlines to start weekly charter flight from DUB - SSH from 22 December, B738 replacing Lotus Air flights which operated it last winter, they ceased operations a few months back.

stab3.5up
27th Sep 2011, 12:56
Direct Holiday website shows flights next summer with Iberworld? Are they basing in DUB then next year?

Airbus321-200
27th Sep 2011, 17:23
Yes, Iberworld seem to have picked up alot of work ex-DUB so at least 1 x 320 to be based here.

stab3.5up
27th Sep 2011, 18:26
at whos cost as im guessing its not due to an upturn in business?

stab3.5up
27th Sep 2011, 20:19
I would guess that in the current economic climet though MON must be v v v expensive to charter compared to IWD ergo IWD doing the work. OH could be a very costly mistake in the long run.

Jamie2k9
28th Sep 2011, 19:14
DUB - DXB with EK on sale via UK site expect Irish site in next few days. Return fares from €509.

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Sep 2011, 21:09
Anyone slse hear about another US route being added in 2012. Have herad a possible May start and its not US west coast.

j636
28th Sep 2011, 22:50
Do we know who will handle EK at Dublin when they start.

DannyKelly22
28th Sep 2011, 23:09
yea j636, they will handle themselves, i think maybe ramp will be outsourced but all check in facilities and ticketing etc will be handled by themselves. They are committed from the start. :) and hopefully i'll be working for them.

Jamie2k9
28th Sep 2011, 23:18
Think servisair are doing the ramp. DannyKelly22 what job did you apply for? Was it at the airport or there office.

DannyKelly22
29th Sep 2011, 14:09
Airport Jamie, applied for Senior Ticket Desk Agent, Airport Services Officer, Supervisor Airport Services and Airport Services Agent. Not very often an opportunity comes up to work directly with an airline. Hopefully my airline background helps me out with having worked for Swissport on behalf of EI at JFK as an intern. The my previous management experience at my previous employers. Been trying to get into BFS for a while now too with Menzies or Swissport but nobody seems to ever respond to emails.

brianoh
29th Sep 2011, 22:11
Looking at EI-EIDW's posting, if this is not a West Coast route, I think we can also assume it will not be a destination already served from DUB and that Aer Lingus won't be operating the route.

Therefore it would obviously have to be one of the US legacy carriers operating from one of their Hub / Focus cities. So what are the possibilities?:

(1) United Airlines: Washington DC-Dulles or Denver
(2) US Airways: Phoenix
(3) North West Airlines: Minneapolis-St Pauls or Detroit or Memphis or Cinncinati
(4) American Airlines: Miami or Dallas
(5) Continental: Houston or Cleveland
(6) Delta: Salt Lake City

(I know that Delta and NWA are one and the same now but for simplicity, I have put them seperate. Likewise for Continental and UA)

If I was a betting man, I would say that re-instating Washington DC is the most likely. It is one of UA's biggest hubs and would offer good connections. It's the capital of the US and is a route that has been tried before with some success. And it's been tried before with some degree of success (flight was full when I flew there with Aer Lingus two years ago).

There's also EI's tie up with UA to consider.

As for the rest, well, Denver and Miami were talked about as possible EI destinations so you never know. And Phoenix is near the Grand Canyon and only 300 miles from Las Vegas so there are possibilities, especially as US Airways know the score in DUB, but currently only British Airways fly to Phoenix from Europe so I doubt it.

What do you all think?

Jamie2k9
29th Sep 2011, 22:31
There is talk of Washington DC returning. Something to do with EI wanting to fly connecting passengers to there partners major hubs. With IAD - MAD due to finish EI may operate DUB - IAD and UA/CO do MAD - IAD.

Skipness One Echo
29th Sep 2011, 23:27
UA dropped DEN-LHR and CO dropped CLE-LHR so I would discount those two. US don't do long haul from PHX and Delta would dilute ATL-DUB by launching a third route, besides which SLC has no long haul and MSP has very limited transatlantic options. Given these forums are anonymous I wish he would just say.....

j636
1st Oct 2011, 14:05
EK need to change DUB - DXB times if they want the route to work. The connecting flights are crap. On random dates in Feb:

Outbound
DUB - DXB - 12.30 - 00.25
DXB - SYD - 09.05 - 00.45
Return
SYD - DXB - 06.05 - 13.30
DXB - DUB - 07.00 (next day) - 11.30
Return
Return

EY have DUB - SYD in about 23 hours. Your talking 2 days with EK. They have low fares and we know why.

ayroplain
1st Oct 2011, 16:17
Have heard that on Thursday morning (29th) a Lufthansa A340 was noted at a remote stand at DUB with a fire tender on standby. Any info on this? Nothing on Aviation Herald.

Jamie2k9
1st Oct 2011, 17:50
BOS - MUC LH125 diverted A340 (D-AIHX)

OltonPete
1st Oct 2011, 19:19
j636

Are they not offering connections on EK413/414 to SYD?

I can't see EK413 listed which leaves SYD 21.45 and arrives DXB 05.30 (A380)
perfect for the Dublin at 07.00.

Then ex DUB 12.00 arrive DXB 00.25 and depart on the re-instated third flight
EK414 at 01.40 arriving SYD 22.30.

That all seems reasonable although the DXB-SYD from Dublin is a little tight.

The 21.45 departure ex SYD is showing in the timetable.

Pete

Seljuk22
4th Oct 2011, 09:04
EK about the DUB route
WORLD ROUTES 2011: Five minutes with... Emirates Airline :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/36/the-hub/127434/world-routes-2011-five-minutes-with-emirates-airline-/)

EK timetable says you can connect to SYD (EK414/413).

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Oct 2011, 18:36
EK are down as operating from T1 and not T2 as already stated in the press release.

j636
5th Oct 2011, 23:28
Was waiting for an Aer Lingus flight to LGW this morning in DUB and just after 8.00am. An EY A330 landed on runway 28 and stopped on the runway. Fire crews were waiting for it and surrounded it after it stopped. Runway was closed for about 20 mins. Anyone know what the problem was?

Jamie2k9
6th Oct 2011, 15:41
Etihad's revenue rises 39% in Q3 - The Irish Times - Thu, Oct 06, 2011 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/1006/1224305328672.html)

Dublin was one of its best performing routes in the period.

and

Arabian Aerospace - Etihad announces Irish recruitment drive (http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/etihad-announces-irish-recruitment-drive.html?utm_source=googleNews&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=news_feed)

“Over the coming months and years, you will see that support repaid with continuing investment in the route and in our relationships here in the Irish market.”

Yesterday there was a technical prob with nose gear. EY eingneers took it to there hanger and it operated the return flight at 14.00 yesterday.

Skipness One Echo
6th Oct 2011, 17:09
EY eingneers took it to there hanger

Etihad have a hangar at Dublin? Is it their own or leased from Aer Lingus?

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Oct 2011, 17:42
They open one in June 2010. Are you sure if its H6. Far as I know it not? They plan to allow other airlines operate from it in the future.

Sober Lark
7th Oct 2011, 08:28
Skip,

A little word in your ear "Should I Correct Other Web Users on Their Spelling?" (http://netforbeginners.about.com/b/2008/03/01/should-i-correct-other-web-users-on-their-spelling.htm)

V Best,

Sober Lark

aer lingus
7th Oct 2011, 09:59
Well said.:ok:

NorthernCounties
7th Oct 2011, 10:19
Skip,

A little word in your ear "Should I Correct Other Web Users on Their Spelling?"

V Best,

Sober Lark

Agreed, nothing gained from correcting others English. When I worked in London, I was so annoyed when a guy repetitively corrected my spoken English... couldn't get it in his head that Hiberno-English existed. :ugh:

ayroplain
7th Oct 2011, 18:41
Flew in and out of Dublin over past couple of days. Both flights late (bmi, in particular was 80 mins late) and, according to both Captains, the reason was due to "ATC Restrictions" at DUB. Anyone know what's going on?

PPRuNeUser0176
7th Oct 2011, 20:56
Eithad an Aer Arann signed an agreement to offer connections for passengers from Kerry from 3 Nov.

EY CEO to discuss airport charges with DAA. "In our opinion, the charges are too excessive. They need to come down.”

When asked about 2 daily flights “The endgame is to get to that point, it’s just a matter of when.” When asked about EK starting DXB he said “We compete with them on most of the routes we fly. My view is that the more direct flights to the Middle East the better. There’ll be even less reason for people to fly through London, Amsterdam, Paris or Frankfurt.”

EY also moving to there new offices soon.

SNNUS
8th Oct 2011, 18:09
Attn: late night spotters , Omni air 772 due in DUB at 0245 tonight , departing at 0445. N927AX

Jamie2k9
14th Oct 2011, 23:15
New twice weekly DUB - Dusseldorf next summer from 6 May

LH operated by Contact Air - Wednesday (F100)
Arrive DUB 11.45 Depart 12.15

LH operated by Eurowings - Sunday (CR9)
Arrive DUB 14.05 Depart 14.50

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Oct 2011, 17:38
SAS added a fifth weekly DUB - Stockholm flight for winter.

clareview
16th Oct 2011, 17:29
Any news of any new routes from Dublin nest summer?

Jamie2k9
16th Oct 2011, 21:28
From another site Emirates say that there first 10 flights in JAN are almost full withtin a few hours of being on sale. All going well they will upgrade it to a B777 in 2-3 years.

They expect a LF of 80% for Jan - Mar saying there is room for both EY and EK and they are looking to extend Emirates Tours UK to include DUB.

PPRuNeUser0176
16th Oct 2011, 22:01
Have also herd strong rumours that EK are going to ask Aer Lingus to handle there flights. The ramp side of things.

PPRuNeUser0176
17th Oct 2011, 15:24
Many flights delayed, diverted or cancelled all day because of strong cross winds. In the region of 50 - 60 flights affected. Number will grow as many aircraft are in SNN, ORK, BFS. Winds starting to inprove now.

AA ORD arrival worst affected. Was running 7 hours late and now its estmating at 11 hours late.

StephenM_SMC
17th Oct 2011, 17:14
Apparently the ORD flight diverted to Heathrow.

stab3.5up
18th Oct 2011, 12:30
So i guess the Air India talk was all a load of nonsence then!!! Whos next then to be using CBP. Cause really the entire airport is kinda scary its so dead and I see that shops etc closing hand over fist. The A pier coffee shop, Fat Face etc etc. Really not good at all for the staff in the airport, surely this must be as low as it goes.....

j636
18th Oct 2011, 22:18
Knew somebody on EI flight LIN - DUB yesterday and an emergency was declared before it landed saftely. Was meet by fire engines. It was around lunch time when most arrivals were diverted and departures delayed because of cross winds.

EI told them no more about what happoned.

ryan2000
18th Oct 2011, 23:23
FCO DUB flight diverted to SNN first and eventually settled for ORK!

j636
19th Oct 2011, 00:17
FCO DUB flight diverted to SNN first and eventually settled for ORK!

Not suprised looking at these pictures:
FlyBe De Havilland Canada DHC8 G-ECOC | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38016434@N05/6255622924/)
Air Nostrum CRJ Regional Jet EC-IBM | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38016434@N05/6255571310/in/photostream/)
Aer Lingus Airbus A320 EI-DEC | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38016434@N05/6254201185/in/photostream/)
Aer Arann Aerospatiale ATR72 EI-SLN | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38016434@N05/6254161485/in/photostream/)

dingoxh
19th Oct 2011, 09:38
EK are asking all handlers to tender I presume and that includes EI. Also, they will need pax handling. They are not hiring checkin staff.

DannyKelly22
19th Oct 2011, 15:48
that explains why even before teh recruitment process was closed that my application was rejected then, cos i couldnt figure out why as i have the experience in working in the industry.

delta154
19th Oct 2011, 16:15
Has a Qatar airways A340-600 just been in DUB?

QR3002 looks like its come from DUB on FR24.

NorthernCounties
19th Oct 2011, 16:25
I noticed that too... but when I looked it had yet to reach Wales but was at circa 34k... so seems unlikely.

delta154
19th Oct 2011, 16:35
Just did a playback, and it did indeed come from DUB.

Its not a normal flight code, so, anyone know why it was there?

eireoflot82
19th Oct 2011, 16:47
According to this thread it was in DUB for painting.

Qatar Airway A346 in DUB this morning - boards.ie (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056408690)

karenbarbara
20th Oct 2011, 05:32
Nice post...

Jamie2k9
21st Oct 2011, 21:55
Over 1.7million. Down 3%, Ryanair reduction and domestic traffic fall. 2% not including domestic traffic.

Europe down 3%
UK down 3%
Transatlantic traffic up 12%
Middle East/Africa down 8%

Over 14.6million year to date up 3%.

Latest News > Just Over 1.7 Million Passengers Through Dublin Airport In September (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-10-21/Just_Over_1_7_Million_Passengers_Through_Dublin_Airport_In_S eptember.aspx)

NorthernCounties
22nd Oct 2011, 08:11
Does anyone know what the loads were like on Dublin - Tampere? And how Helsinki does?

StephenM_SMC
22nd Oct 2011, 09:33
Don't have exact capacity numbers to hand but from FlightGlobal/Innovata its 2 per week and the CSO statistics show the following numbers for Helsinki so far this year:

Mar: 221
Apr: 2,240
May: 2,506
Jun: 2,346
July: 2,812

Edit: Not sure of the capacity this year so you can guess the loadfactor for yourself. :)

NorthernCounties
22nd Oct 2011, 10:13
Thanks Stephen!

Based on those figures, and Aer Lingus operating on Tuesdays and Saturdays with a A320, I make the load factors:
APRIL - 71%
MAY - 80%
JUNE - 84%
JULY - 89%

Which aren't bad at all, would be interesting to know how October fairs.

StephenM_SMC
22nd Oct 2011, 12:11
I had a quick look at Summer 2012's schedule and it looks like 3 per week (Tues, Thurs and Sat) so it may have been 3 this summer which trails off until November (1 per week this year).

PPRuNeUser0176
22nd Oct 2011, 13:17
It was 2 per week this summer.

NorthernCounties
22nd Oct 2011, 14:36
Good to see they are uping it the 3 per week next year! Hopefully we see similar lfs as well!

Jamie2k9
22nd Oct 2011, 18:33
Aer Lingus:
Increased:
Vienna - 7 weekly - 6 weekly summer 11
Prague - 7 weekly - 5 weekly summer 11
Helsinki - 3 weekly - 2 weekly summer 11
Bordeux - 5 weekly - 4 weekly summer 11
Lyon - 6 weekly - 4 weekly summer 11
Perginan - 3 weekly - 2 weekly summer 11
Frankfurt - 14 weely - 13 weekly summer 11
Stuttgart - 5 weekly - 4 weekly summer 11
Budapest - 7 weekly - 6 weekly summer 11
Milan MXP - 7 weekly - 5 weekly summer 11
Faro - 14 weekly - 11 weekly summer 11
Geneva - 7 weekly - 6 weekly summer 11
Zurich - 7 weekly - 6 weekly summer 11
Boston - 10 weekly - 9 weekly summer 11

No Change:
Brussels - 17 weekly
Bourgas - 4 weekly
Dubrovnilk - 4 weekly
Nice - 7 weekly
Paris CDG - 21 weekly
Rennes - 3 weekly
Toulouse - 4 weekly
Dusseldorf - 14 weekly
Hamburg - 7 weekly
Munich - 11 weekly
Athens - 3 weekly
Catania - 2 weekly
Milan LIN - 7 weekly
Naples - 5 weekly
Rome FCO - 10 weekly
Venice - 4 weekly
Vilnius - 3 weekly
Amsterdam - 35 weekly
Warsaw - 7 weekly
Lisbon - 8 weekly
Bucharest - 2 weekly
Barcelona - 14 weekly
Bilbao - 3 weekly
Gran Caneria - 3 weekly
Ibiza - 3 weekly
Lanzarote - 4 weekly
Madrid - 4 weekly
Malaga - 14 weekly
Palma - 4 weekly
Santiago - 3 weekly
Tenerife - 2 weekly
Izmir - 2 weekly
New York - 14 weekly
Chicago - 7 weekly

Reduction:
Marseile - 2 weekly - 3 weekly summer 11
Berlin - daily - 9 weekly
Bologna - 2 weekly - 3 weekly summer 11
Krakow - 3 weekly - 4 weekly summer 11
Alicante - 4 weekly - 5 weekly summer 11
Fueventura - 1 weekly - 2 weekly summer 11
Orlando - 2 weely - 3 weely summer 11

All flights show as A320/330/ATR72. Not change in UK routes. Not know which routes A319/321 will operate yet. Not the final summer schedule. Will update again if any changes happon over the next few months. Some of the increase in routes takes place from 25 March but most start from 1 May.

Germanwings:
Cologne/Bonn increases to 4 weekly (S,M,W,F) insted of Tu,Th,Su for summer 11

Air Transit:
Increases to 5 weekly:
3 direct to YYZ
1 via SNN
1 via YUL

An extra non-stop service to YYZ for summer 2012.

peppo_8787
23rd Oct 2011, 20:47
The ideal would be to open Palermo 2xw

PPRuNeUser0176
23rd Oct 2011, 21:24
Weather warning in affect until Tuesday. High winds tonight and tomorrow. Most flights going from RY16/34 insted of 10/28 a few cancelled flights but nothing major tonight.

j636
23rd Oct 2011, 21:40
Just read on another site that the DAA are concerned by Runway 10/28. The new runway would of being open about now. They don't know how many more years 10/28 will cope with repairs before it will have to be closed as repairs won't sustain it forever. The plan was to close it when the new runway opened and rebuild it. It only leaves there to operate with 16/34 which means the airport could not handle long haul traffic and possibly medium haul. Runway 1028 opened in 1989. It will be a costly whatever they decide to do.

Anybody know more info and if its true.

16/34 is mainly used for cross-wind operations.

Jamie2k9
23rd Oct 2011, 22:03
It looks very lightly that EI will handle EK.

It is also expected that the handling agreement will be unveiled as a codeshare for EK flights which would be great for EI.

Discussions have definitely taken place between EI and EK in regard to the handling contract. An announcement is due by the end of the month. Weather it happens this week or next is the next question.

EI have said recently they want to have code share flights to Middle East/Asia.

All from a few EI ground crew.

As for the runway, It was only a matter of time before this issue was raised. It looks great on the surface but think the concern is for the subsurface and foundation which is close to its lifespan. The DAA will have to do something. After having repairs etc done for the last 20+ years there is only a certain amount of repairs that can be done.

With no sign of the new runway for many years, R10/28 will do well to last until it does get built, thats if it does.

There is a full video survey of the runway weekly to monitor it.

PPRuNeUser0176
23rd Oct 2011, 22:48
The runway was in a bad state earlier this year before it was resurfaced. Its a concrete runway being resurfaced every year with bitumen which will only last for so long. As far as I know there is more work being done soon and with the DAA having no money and airlines wanting lower landing charges what can be done?

There can't be many airport using a runway over 20 years old and having up to 200,00 movements every year.

j636
23rd Oct 2011, 23:43
Didn't realise it was such an issue.:ok:

PPRuNeUser0176
24th Oct 2011, 17:30
Aer Lingus afternoon/evening departure to JFK will us USPC from 30 October. Its because it moves back to the winter departure at 15.45. Not sure about next summer as its moves back to the 17.00 departure.

Jamie2k9
24th Oct 2011, 18:48
Air Traffic Control charges to be cut by over 40% from Jan 2012:
25% for 2012
6% in 2013/4/5

Minister for Transport working with Commission for Aviation Regulation and the DAA to have a reduction in airport charges.

PPRuNeUser0176
24th Oct 2011, 20:30
Latest News > Bad Weather Disrupts Flight Schedule At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-10-24/Bad_Weather_Disrupts_Flight_Schedule_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx)

Bad Weather Disrupts Flight Schedule At Dublin Airport

October 24 2011

Due to severe wind sheer and bad weather conditions on approach to the main runway at Dublin Airport a number of aircraft have been diverted to alternative airports.
Passengers are advised to contact their airline's website BEFORE travelling to Dublin Airport.

21.00: 24th October, 2011

No flights landed between 20.03 - 21.13 all diverted only one departure.

Ryanair can't operate any more flights until aircraft get back to the airprot.

Airlines also advising passengers to allow extra time as all trains from Connoly and city centre suspended. Luas also suspended. M50/M1 roads on approch to airprot flooded. Buses also affected.

Live: Weather and travel updates - RT News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1024/weather.html)

Ryanair to update shortly on there flights.

Jamie2k9
24th Oct 2011, 21:44
FR last few flights will operate. Dublin based flights will have long delays but will operate. Looking forword to seeing passengers who were in FAO at 04.30 this morning and are not due in till 23.30 :ugh:

EI-A330-300
24th Oct 2011, 22:44
It looks very lightly that EI will handle EK.

It is also expected that the handling agreement will be unveiled as a codeshare for EK flights which would be great for EI.

Discussions have definitely taken place between EI and EK in regard to the handling contract. An announcement is due by the end of the month. Weather it happens this week or next is the next question.

EI have said recently they want to have code share flights to Middle East/Asia.

All from a few EI ground crew.

This is all true but with EY intrested in EI it may not happon.

Shamrock350
26th Oct 2011, 21:32
I hope an EI/EK tie-up on the DXB route does take place, would be good for both airlines. Christoph Mueller has spoken of gaining a partner to fly East but the question has always been who and where as he's regularly ruled out EI ever flying East with their own metal so EK makes sense if that's what happens.

EY will have to wait a while before they can get their hands on EI, the government has said it won't sell for less than EUR1 a share and it's currently a while off that. EY showing interested boosted EI but the deficit there needs dealing with and until that happens the share price will struggle.

stab3.5up
26th Oct 2011, 21:49
Not a hope of EY going anywhere near EI as a handling agent. How far down the list of who cares do you really think EY would be amongest EI ground staff given that it is only a once a day flight.

EI have shown no interest at all in any third party handling why on earth would they go down that money draining road at the minute. Granted in the future they might, in fact do they even have a third party handling licence for Dublin?

I would say more that it is more likely that Sky Handling or Servisair will fight it out to the last cent as too who gets that cherry or even Menzies may try and get it to get a foot hold in DUB.

Cyrano
26th Oct 2011, 22:08
Not a hope of EY going anywhere near EI as a handling agent. How far down the list of who cares do you really think EY would be amongest EI ground staff given that it is only a once a day flight.

The reference in the post above is to EY's publicly expressed interest in buying the Government's stake in EI. If that were to come to pass, it's entirely feasible that EI would end up doing EY's handling. One could hope that EI management might even be able to persuade their ground staff colleagues to care in that case. :hmm:

PPRuNeUser0176
27th Oct 2011, 14:58
2% increase in amount fo seat available from DUB (Fri 27 - Mon 31 October) Around 250,000 seats this year compared to just over 220,000 in 2010. With all the domestic flights included in 2010 figures its about 3.5% increase.

EI-A330-300
27th Oct 2011, 21:57
United to announce DUB - IAD soon. They plan on expanding at IAD and DUB is on the list of new routes. Reported on several US fourms. May 2012 was said as a start date.

delta154
27th Oct 2011, 22:45
Reported on several US fourms. May 2012 was said as a start date

Which forums (so I can take a sneak peek at other routes)

blaggerman
29th Oct 2011, 17:47
I hope an EI/EK tie-up on the DXB route does take place, would be good for both airlines.This is almost as improbable as the EY idea. I honestly can't see what EK would get from a codeshare with EI.

Just a spotter
30th Oct 2011, 12:14
United to announce DUB - IAD soon. They plan on expanding at IAD and DUB is on the list of new routes. Reported on several US fourms. May 2012 was said as a start date.

Any insight as to whether that's going to be operated by UA metal or will the green machine currently doing MAD-IAD run the route on a code share?

JAS

clareview
30th Oct 2011, 12:42
Aer Lingus clearly could not make Dulles work on its own as it had to give up after trying hard.

That suggests a United plane smaller than the A330, being careful not to take connecting traffic away from EWR-DUB or alternatively United pushing a code share very hard at the US end.

What actually is happening to the IAD-Madrid route - lots of conflicting rumours?

EI-A330-300
31st Oct 2011, 01:53
Taken from DAA CIP 2010 - 2014

Dublin airport‘s main runway 10/28 was completed in 1989 and has been in continuous operation for the past 20 years. The frequency of maintenance on the runway, in the form of slab replacements, has steadily increased over the past number of years. A structural evaluation carried out in 2007 has concluded that the remaining life of the pavement to be in the order of 4 to 6 years before significant intervention is required. It is therefore intended to carry out the runway overlay over the period 2010 to 2011. Every year the overlay is delayed beyond this date, the extent of the rehabilitation required will increase significantly. This project has become even more critical in light of the postponement of the new North Runway.

Explains the full video survey of the runway weekly.

Jamie2k9
1st Nov 2011, 00:44
Air China may start Dublin-Beijing.

More than 75,000 passengers fly between Ireland and China in 2010 and Air China recently opened a ticket sales office in Dublin. About 1,800 passengers Ireland - China weekly.

Air China Head office refused to officaly confirm if they would open the route.

Would be great if it happons.
Vitis September 2011 - Business & Finance (http://www.businessandfinance.ie/bf/2011/9/sept2011newssection/vitisseptember2011)

NorthernCounties
1st Nov 2011, 08:38
Would be great if it could happen, Ireland needs direct connections to the east. I always thought that it was an issue of runway length that stopped connections being created.

But, Air China (according to Wikipedia) have a number A330's arriving this year. The distance to Los Angeles from Dublin is 5170miles, whereas Beijing is 5147miles, so an A330 should do the job easily. Fingers crossed!

Skipness One Echo
1st Nov 2011, 11:12
More than 75,000 passengers fly between Ireland and China in 2010 and Air China recently opened a ticket sales office in Dublin. About 1,800 passengers Ireland - China weekly.

That's 205 per day on average on the year figure, 257 on the weekly. No breakdown on FJY. Do the maths, to fill an A330-200 on DUB-PEK work you would need ~ 100% of the current market. Also given that a direct flight attracts a premium and that there are many good options on cheaper connecting flights, I don't see a business case given tough times and a price sensitive market.

There is no split between final destinations of PEK or PDG for instance. Lots of people flying to Beijing won't connect in Shanghai and vice versa. They will continue to use AMS, FRA, CDG and LHR on a one stop to final destination. Some of those travellers are very loyal at collecting points and like the familiar product, you won't shift them easily.
Hence you won't get close to 100% of the exisiting Ireland-China market and you can't make money without reaching that figure.

Final point, Air China still only operate the A332 on LHR-PEK, down from the B744 of years gone by, with China Southern just back on PHR-PDG after taking some time off. It's not a goldmine just yet.

DannyKelly22
1st Nov 2011, 15:31
cnt see if it's been posted yet but as previously though United have announced their first route into Ireland IAD-DUb beginning 22May 2012 using a B752 daily. wish them all the best with this route which is fares are good i will consider using.

EI-A330-300
1st Nov 2011, 20:20
cnt see if it's been posted yet but as previously though United have announced their first route into Ireland IAD-DUb beginning 22May 2012 using a B752 daily. wish them all the best with this route which is fares are good i will consider using.

New flights to run between Dublin and Washington, DC · Business ETC (http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/new-flights-to-run-between-dublin-and-washington-dc-268429-Nov2011/?utm_source=shortlink)

Wonder what times they will have it arriving in DUB. I think 10.30 will be the earlist.

PPRuNeUser0176
2nd Nov 2011, 23:13
Since when have Blue Air moved to Pier B?
Malev aircraft parked at Pier D? They moved to Pier B after T2 opened and Ryanair flights operating from Pier A, since when?

EISNN
3rd Nov 2011, 00:31
someone having a strop? what's the problem?

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Nov 2011, 15:18
Servisair have won the contract to handle for EK. They doing Ramp and Cargo. Announced Yesterday.

And
Latest News > Dublin Airport Beats Regulator (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-11-04/Dublin_Airport_Beats_Regulator_s_Service_Quality_Targets.asp x)

MidlandDeltic
4th Nov 2011, 15:30
And
Latest News > Dublin Airport Beats Regulator (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-11-04/Dublin_Airport_Beats_Regulator_s_Service_Quality_Targets.asp x)

Given that since the opening of T2 the airport is running at far below its planned capacity, heads ought to have rolled if these targets hadn't been comprehensively beaten ! Nothing to boast about - just typical spin, I suggest.

MD

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Nov 2011, 19:08
Aeroflot Russian Airlines have applied and recived government approval to operate DUB - Moscow. 3 weekly flights - A320.

Airbus321-200
4th Nov 2011, 20:23
Do S7 still fly to moscow or is it summer only?

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Nov 2011, 20:31
Yes 2 weekly A319 June - September.

stab3.5up
5th Nov 2011, 16:33
Any idea or notion when and with what and how often? I think the BT pull out may have been the catalist fo rthis as so many pax when on from RIX to all parts of that end of the world so I would guess that it would probably do very well with connection traffic and no doubt there far east operations from MOS.

Oh and if tru well done Servisair. I hope its the start of a more positve trend for them now in DUB.

jbsharpe
7th Nov 2011, 09:06
Hi all,

Would FR's summer schedule from Dublin be finalised at this point? Specifically, I'm wondering about flights to Pisa at the end of August. Is the current schedule likely to change?

Thanks.

JBS

Jamie2k9
7th Nov 2011, 22:00
FR summer schedule is far from finalised. Would hold off until next month at least. Pisa should go up to 5 or 6 weekly between May - September. The current days could change but un lightly.

DannyKelly22
8th Nov 2011, 14:11
so the DUB-IAD service has officially been announced leavin Dublin at 11.25am daily on the B752. Same flight numbers as the 2nd daily co-ewr service which suggests that the second daily service has been scrapped so in actual fact no capacity increase just a change of destination. Good news for EI and DL although im sure UA/CO will change the aircraft operating into DUB to a B763/4

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Nov 2011, 17:14
Scandinavian Airlines announced today that they will increase all there routes from Dublin 2012 saying that 2011 was a very good year for them operating from Dublin. There passengers are up 6% this year. They celebrate 45 years flying from DUB this year.
Dublin airport experience new routes boom » Inside Ireland (http://insideireland.ie/2011/11/08/dublin-airport-experience-new-routes-boom-40172/)

And Aer Lingus are to add 2 if not 3 aircraft to there DUB based fleet to increase flights.

Jamie2k9
8th Nov 2011, 23:02
Would expect that CO will have a 767 on EWR. As IAD is year round it will be October before wh see UA/CO increase there traffic.

Suprised by the news from SAS to say the least. Will we see the night stop which they have being planned for the last 2 years.

stab3.5up
9th Nov 2011, 15:49
Maybe the fact that BT have pulled out is the catalist for the increase in capacity for SAS as the BT website shows DUB-RIX and DUB-VNO as all via CPH with SAS.

I have read elswhere that the CO filght to IAD is to replace the second EWR flight which makes sense as both flights operated so close together. Why did CO never have the second flight leave DUB at say 1700 or 1800??

Any ways may be the DAA subvension subsidies are starting to kick in now

Cyrano
9th Nov 2011, 16:09
Why did CO never have the second flight leave DUB at say 1700 or 1800??

Er... because it would have missed most possible connections at EWR, and because leaving an aircraft on the ground in DUB for maybe 10 hours each day isn't a very good use of it? :rolleyes:

Jack1985
9th Nov 2011, 17:47
Suprised by the news from SAS to say the least. Will we see the night stop which they have being planned for the last 2 years.

Same here, i remember reading a post think by yourself Jamie about a year ago with an article about SAS overnighting at DUB never materialised though wonder will it this time ? :ugh:

Noxegon
9th Nov 2011, 18:18
Personally I'd like to see a day time transatlantic, say a 0800 departure *from* Newark. That should get in early enough for a late evening return...

gazcork
10th Nov 2011, 09:28
late evening departure would be at 22.00 earliest. I woudl not like to arrive NJ at 01.00. It would need a 05.30/06.00 EWR dep and 20.00 DUB dep. If you take BAS from LHR for example last JFK dep is at 20.00 - perfect flight. In bed for midnight and no jet lag! But this is a long way off....

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Nov 2011, 15:35
CityJet to Launch Music App, Add French Destinations - ITTN | Irish Travel Trade News Magazine (http://www.ittn.ie/bulletins/cityjet-to-launch-music-app-add-french-destinations/)

We will be adding some French destinations from Dublin next summer

Jamie2k9
10th Nov 2011, 22:20
SAS airlines to increase Stockholm to daily flights with larger aircraft on extra flights. Oslo and Copenhagen will have larger aircraft. Will post more details when SAS put them on sale.

ryan2000
10th Nov 2011, 22:47
US Air to operate 757's instead of 767's on Philedelphia Dublin next Summer.

PPRuNeUser0176
11th Nov 2011, 20:09
Latest News > Dublin Airport Charges To Remain Flat in 2012 (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-11-11/Dublin_Airport_Charges_To_Remain_Flat_in_2012.aspx)

Reduced charges for winter and increased a lesser amount for summer 2012. DAA had the choise to increase charges next year as the Avation Rgulators cap is highter that the 2012 charges. Of course Ryanair is not happy as per. Charges are 17% lower than 2009 next year.

Shamrogue
11th Nov 2011, 22:11
Us airways to maintain 767 from April or may to phl and 757 on clt

delta154
13th Nov 2011, 21:03
Us airways to maintain 767 from April or may to phl and 757 on clt

Still showing as B757-200 all summer in OAG system and US airways website.

Jamie2k9
13th Nov 2011, 22:06
PHL - DUB was 5 weekly 767 this year and 2 weekly 757 until CLT started/finished when it was daily 767.

DUB and GLA were released as 757 next summer becasue PHL - FRA drops from A330-200/300 to a 767 except for the peak months of June - Sep. So would expect a 767 to appear at some stage.

Shamrogue
14th Nov 2011, 07:36
The guys in US Airways Dublin are expecting the 767. And for the following year they are quietly hopeing their new Envoy class will turn up rather than the currect business class offering.

Regards

Shamrogue

stab3.5up
14th Nov 2011, 12:58
Its not the size that matters it wot u do with it so to speak lol. But really as long as us come back and stays thats all that matters. allyear cht wud be good.

rumours doing the rounds at airport that aa.wont be back. Any thoughts guys?

Skipness One Echo
14th Nov 2011, 13:28
US Airways seating capacity

B757-200 12C + 164Y = 176 total
B767-200 12C + 179Y = 191 total

A difference of 15, all of it in Economy. The aircraft are pretty much
interchangable for this mission. The step up is the ' bus below

A330-200 20C + 238Y = 258 total

Shamrogue
14th Nov 2011, 13:45
From a customer service point of view - the twin isle feels roomier. It'll be curious to see what CO do.

Currently CO have 1 757 on EWR for summer 12. So they are effectively reducing/redeploying seats. Assuming this is an effort to help yield. Interesting plan. Will CO bring a 767 in on the EWR run for the summer?

Regards
Shamrogue

delta154
14th Nov 2011, 14:10
Currently CO have 1 757 on EWR for summer 12. So they are effectively reducing/redeploying seats. Assuming this is an effort to help yield. Interesting plan. Will CO bring a 767 in on the EWR run for the summer?

Both MAN/DUB-EWR are likely to stay as B757-200 for Summer 2012, and once the Domestic B767-300 are converted to International J/Y config, we could see these on the EWR flights as the B767-200 is being phased out as well as too premium heavy, and the B767-400 is a little too big.

Skipness One Echo
14th Nov 2011, 15:35

The airline capacity is the same, it's just being operated from Washington Dulles IAD, at the US end in addtion to the existing EWR.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Nov 2011, 15:52
Reading else where that CO have freed up a B764 in EWR yet to be decided where it will operate...As of last week United flights operated by CO EWR - Athens have being pulled for summer 2012 schedule.

The airline capacity is the same, it's just being operated from Washington Dulles IAD, at the US end in addtion to the existing EWR.

Will be October before any increase as IAD is daily year round.

delta154
14th Nov 2011, 16:12
Reading else where that CO have freed up a B764 in EWR yet to be decided where it will operate

Its more than likely going to replace a B767-200 route, given they are starting to phase these out.

If it was between MAN/DUB however, its hard to say. MAN-IAD starts ahead of DUB-IAD so possibility MAN could get and upgrade sooner, but without seeing the yields between MAN/DUB it is hard to call.

j636
14th Nov 2011, 18:16
rumours doing the rounds at airport that aa.wont be back. Any thoughts guys?

Somebody tweeted AA about ORD

right now we are planning to start the ORD/DUB route back up on April 3, 2012.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Nov 2011, 12:40
Latest News > Declan Collier to Leave DAA for London City Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-11-15/Declan_Collier_to_Leave_DAA_for_London_City_Airport.aspx)

Jack1985
15th Nov 2011, 15:33
Latest News > Declan Collier to Leave DAA for London City Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-11-15/Declan_Collier_to_Leave_DAA_for_London_City_Airport.aspx)

I suppose another FAT CAT gets a massive pension too, ridiculous:ugh:

racedo
15th Nov 2011, 18:25
He is leaving to run a small airport, given passenger losses at Dub he went from running a medium one to a small one.

Sober Lark
15th Nov 2011, 20:53
The DAA press release states:

“The successful delivery of the investment programme at Dublin Airport, and the opening of Terminal 2 last year in particular, has improved the customer experience and lifted Dublin into the top five airports within its peer group in Europe, according to the latest industry surveys,” Mr Barrett added.

I could give you my definition of a peer group as far as DUB is concerned but that aside which 5 airports are they?

Noxegon
15th Nov 2011, 21:24
T2 is a definite improvement over what went before.

It's a shame there's no way to sort out the half mile trek to the end of Pier D.

Cyrano
16th Nov 2011, 05:34
I could give you my definition of a peer group as far as DUB is concerned but that aside which 5 airports are they?

Well, if we look at airport passenger numbers for 2010, here are the airports between 15 and 25 million:
Athens International airport 15,390,162
Berlin Tegel 15,025,600
Brussels 17,149,416
Copenhagen Kastrup 21,452,464
Dublin airport 18,406,427
Dusseldorf International 18,987,358
London Stansted 18,574,204
Manchester Airport 17,878,166
Milan Malpensa 18,947,808
Moscow Domodedovo International 22,327,952
Moscow Sheremetyevo 19,329,185
Oslo Gardermoen 19,091,113
Palma de Mallorca 21,110,780
Stockholm Arlanda 16,986,662
Vienna International Airport 19,691,206
Zurich 22,825,318

"Lifted Dublin into the top 5" means fifth place, presumably ;). Unclear what the exact metric is that's being referred to (profitability, profit per passenger, number of destinations, quality of corporate-gift swag...) In terms of passenger experience (I know, I know...) I'd definitely put DUB behind CPH, OSL, and ARN for starters.

Sober Lark
16th Nov 2011, 13:28
Thanks for the figures Cyrano. We could guess but all we know is that in the press release Mr. Barrett does not give any source attributions to the quote all he says is "latest industry surveys" this leads me to believe he may be stretching the truth a bit. Does anyone know where one can find a recent industry survey that puts DUB in an impressive 5th place? It may help us to understand who these guys benchmark themselves against.

racedo
16th Nov 2011, 17:42
Does anyone know where one can find a recent industry survey that puts DUB in an impressive 5th place? It may help us to understand who these guys benchmark themselves against.

Cork, Shannon, Galway and Knock perchance :E

EISNN
17th Nov 2011, 00:45
LCY chief to step down | ABTN (http://www.abtn.co.uk/news/1616598-lcy-chief-step-down)

Sober Lark
17th Nov 2011, 10:38
"Cork, Shannon, Galway and Knock perchance"

How much did they pay you for that survey Racedo? Seriously, wouldn't it be comical if some journalist got a copy of the quoted 'latest industry survey'.

Jamie2k9
17th Nov 2011, 16:03
Ryanair to start Verona and Palermo in March. Palermo looks like it will replace Trapani.

Aer Lingus to start Verona, Stockholm and Maastricht next summer also.

peppo_8787
17th Nov 2011, 17:53
Where did you read the Aer Lingus?

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Nov 2011, 19:53
This is the study that people wanted:

Latest News > Dublin Airport Delivers Major Improvements in Customer Service (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-11-18/Dublin_Airport_Delivers_Major_Improvements_in_Customer_Servi ce.aspx)

Also says more new routes from T2 to be announced soon, could this refer to the Aer Lingus ones or other airlines.

CCR
18th Nov 2011, 21:56
Have to take my hat off to Dublin airport since they opened Terminal 2, it's a real pleasure flying from Dublin airport these days. I hope Aer Lingus Regional will introduce some more connecting flights through Dublin especially from within Ireland. Cork to Dublin service would be a first step in 2012..

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Nov 2011, 00:46
24 Dec - PHL 08.05 - DUB 20.15 and will depart back to PHL on 26 Dec at 09.30. Did they do it this way last year?

peppo_8787
19th Nov 2011, 12:21
Palermo has disappeared from the destinations. Do you have news?

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Nov 2011, 11:00
Aer Lingus on track to become the largest carrier at Dublin this year. This includes there regional flights. Only problem (Jan - Mar this year could affect the figures).

stab3.5up
21st Nov 2011, 15:53
I would pay very little notice even at this late stage what airlines are doing around the 24th of December and the xmas period as it is still onging. I would suggest that the US may come in a lot earlier on the 24th as if it is badly delayed ex US DUB will be closed, lights out no one in keep going to the UK. It would be a PR nightmare for them.

Several airlines still have to decide what they are doing because of the closure, but still if it does happen a bold move but expensive move by US Airways.

Jamie2k9
21st Nov 2011, 23:18
Lufthansa
FRA -3 A321 daily - A321 replaces A320
(extra 800 seats per week)
DUS - 2 weekly F100 & CR900 - NEW
(186 seats weekly)
MUC - 1 weekly same as last summer
Total - 986 extra weekly seats.

SAS
CHP - 13 weekly - A321 replaces MD-80's 5 weekly
(extra 480 seats weekly
OSL - 3 weekly - B737-800 replaces B737-500
(extra 280 seats weekly)
ARN - 4 weekly - MD-80's replace B737-600/700
(extra 100 seats weekly)
Total - 860 extra weekly seats.

PPRuNeUser0176
22nd Nov 2011, 16:47
Over 1.5million passengers in October down 10%
Ryanair cuts and PSO gone and Mid Term a week lather.

Europe down 9%
UK down 8%
Transatlantic down 3.5%
Middle East down 18%
Domestic down 85%

A shocking set a figures to say the least and it will get worse for winter.

16.2million year to date up 2%

Await Ryanair reaction as they have had nothing to complain about over the last few months when it comes to trafic.

Latest News > Over 1.5 Million Passengers In October At Dublin Airport (http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/11-11-22/Over_1_5_Million_Passengers_In_October_At_Dublin_Airport.asp x)

stab3.5up
23rd Nov 2011, 07:22
Drum roll please.... and the winner is SERVISAIR. Servisair won the EK contract. Well done.

PPRuNeUser0176
23rd Nov 2011, 21:42
EK have now gone and have had a number of DART trains painted to advertise there DXB route. Must of cost a lot to do it. Its the first time in 10 years that Irish Rail have had an advertisement on trains.

November 2011 - The Wanderer's Photos (http://thewandererphotos.smugmug.com/Trains/November-2011/19965474_rN5Ggp#1597999429_r6qJ96Q)

Also they are offering travel agents double commission.

Sober Lark
23rd Nov 2011, 22:37
Emirites paying double commission - that should help sway a few unscrupulous travel agents to recommend the Emirites 18 hour Dubai lay over over other airlines with much better connection times to / from DUB.

When it comes to Irish bookings, Emirites local sales office agents seem to be well versed at unintentional deception. They'd be better spending their money on customer service instead of painting DARTs.

If anyone can give me the contact details of the newly appointed Country Manager for Emirites in Ireland Ms. Margaret Shannon I'd like to congratulate her and have a word or two.

Jamie2k9
25th Nov 2011, 22:01
Ibera will resume flights from June but Air Nostrun will also operate the route.
(June -August)
DUB - MAD - 14.35, 18.10* & 19.30**
MAD - DUB - 12.35, 15.50* & 17.30**
* - operated by Iberia
** - 3 flight on certain days

Monday - CRJ-1000, CRJ-1000 and A320
Tuesday - CRJ-200 and A320
Wednesday - CRJ-900 and A320
Thursday - CRJ-1000 and A320
Friday - CRJ-1000, CRJ-1000 and A320
Saturday - CRJ-1000 and CRJ-1000
Sunday - CRJ-1000, CRJ-1000 and A320
Weekly seats (June - September) 2011 - 2520 (achived LF over 90%)
Weekly seats (June - September) 2012 - 4240

Drops to 2 daily for September and October. YM and IB. Still an increase over Sep and Oct 2011.

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Nov 2011, 18:05
In the region of 7.5 million passengers used T2 in its first year, considering it didn't become fully opernation until late Jan thats good, would of being over 8 million if all carriers moved when it opened in Nov 2010.

Also seems to be two new ticket desks being put in T2, 1 for EK and the other for??? or are EK going to use two of them.

stab3.5up
30th Nov 2011, 19:17
Could be one for First Class an one for steerage maybe?

Shamrogue
30th Nov 2011, 19:46
Sober,

Just a note - the Emirates extra commission ended today as far as I know.
I say extra commission as agents no longer work off commission with airlines. Travel agents normally just charge service fee's. And so they really depend on customer service. So for the sake of 5% on an air ticket and tee-ing off a customer I'd say they'd point out the flaw in the schedule. Unlike a buddy of mine who didn't twig it on the Emirates website and now has a pleasant evening in Dubai International.

Regards
Shamrogue

PS - I'd never call airlines unscrupulous - especially when you read the notes in here. All airlines are saints and make Vincent De Paul look dodgy

Sober Lark
1st Dec 2011, 13:44
But, perhaps I should have booked through an unscrupulous travel agent Shamrogue?

If you book online with Emirates from Dublin you will have to jump through many hoops when things go wrong as is my ongoing experience. You'll find their customer service deplorable. They will tell you black is white, you're wrong and they're right.

Emirates have such a poor complaints process. Eventually you'll get through to Sharon Hurdiss their Customer Affairs Manager UK & Ireland who will handle your complaint with statements that seem to bear such a complex and tenuous relationship to reality that it would be difficult to describe them as truthful without placing an inappropriate burden on the semantic resources of the English lamguage.

And no, I'm not writing this from my 18 hour layover in Dubai although in a few weeks I may well be. If Emirates are not successful on their Dublin route they will just pull the service and route their advance passenger booking to / from Dublin via the UK instead. Sure don't we Irish love long lay overs?

PPRuNeUser0176
1st Dec 2011, 16:07
Bookings boost for Etihad's Irish base - Irish, Business - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/bookings-boost-for-etihads-irish-base-2950928.html)

Jamie2k9
2nd Dec 2011, 23:50
Bmi increasing LHR-DUB for next summer. 5 daily Mon - Sat, 3 Sun all with A319/320/321 with the odd EMB145. Last summer the fifth daily was done with R145 all summer.

Morning departure at 06.50 (replaced LH FRA slot moved to 6.35) but on Saturdays a 6.45 (A319) and 6.50 (A320) departure.

Just hope they will still be on the route by then....

EK are moving to the currrent CO/UA ticket dest beside AA. CO/UA moving to the new one being built.

Jack1985
3rd Dec 2011, 18:26
great to see this by germanwings promoting their Cologne/Bonn - Dublin link. Entdecke Irland! - YouTube

Skipness One Echo
4th Dec 2011, 10:13
Do 'Etihad seriously employ NINETY people at DUB for at most two turnarounds on an A330? They're not even self handling?

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Dec 2011, 12:20
Do 'Etihad seriously employ NINETY people at DUB for at most two turnarounds on an A330? They're not even self handling?

Check-In staff, Ticket Desk staff, Cabin Crew and Maintence Staff, would say its less than 90 but they may be including the servisair staff to.

delta154
4th Dec 2011, 12:26
Cabin Crew

I was under the impression all cabin crew were based in Abu Dhabi?

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Dec 2011, 12:32
All I know is that Irish Cabin Crew operate some of the flights, they may be based in Abu Dhabi not sure.

Check-In staff, Ticket Desk staff, Cabin Crew and Maintence Staff, would say its less than 90 but they may be including the servisair staff to.

Forgot to add they would have about 20-25 or so at there office in city centre

delta154
4th Dec 2011, 13:02
All I know is that Irish Cabin Crew operate some of the flights, they may be based in Abu Dhabi not sure.

All crew are based in AUH. They hold recruitment days in Dublin, just like they do in pretty much every country.

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Dec 2011, 16:10
Busy morning for staff at the airport, A Ryanair flight from Glasgow PIK had a slat problem and declared a PAN and had a high speed landing. 10 mins lather an Aer Lingus flight to Milan LIN returned becasue of a cracked windshield.

peppo_8787
8th Dec 2011, 09:42
Preloaded new Ryanair flight Palermo-Dublin next summer .. 1-4 ---

EI-BUD
8th Dec 2011, 10:06
The morning BD121 arrival from LHR at DUB is delayed until 1115, and a flight is showing on BFS departures as BD4EV

BD 4EVDublin10:45

Looks like the flight diverted to BFS, what was this about was it due to high winds? There doesnt seem to be other diversions?

EI-BUD

tigger2k8
8th Dec 2011, 15:27
The morning BD121 arrival from LHR at DUB is delayed until 1115, and a flight is showing on BFS departures as BD4EV
Quote:

BD 4EVDublin10:45
Looks like the flight diverted to BFS, what was this about was it due to high winds? There doesnt seem to be other diversions?

EI-BUD

2 EI Regional flights made it to BFS as well i think

EI-A330-300
9th Dec 2011, 22:35
Bmi increasing LHR-DUB for next summer. 5 daily Mon - Sat, 3 Sun all with A319/320/321 with the odd EMB145. Last summer the fifth daily was done with R145 all summer.

Morning departure at 06.50 (replaced LH FRA slot moved to 6.35) but on Saturdays a 6.45 (A319) and 6.50 (A320) departure.

Just hope they will still be on the route by then....

Not anymore. 4 daily M-F and 3 on Sat and 2 Sun

Jamie2k9
10th Dec 2011, 16:08
Delta will have an aircraft swap in Dublin next summer.
Both routes showing as a 767. JFK was 757 with an extra 2 weekly 767 for July-Sep. ALT was 767 with A333 for June-Aug. The extra flights and larger aircraft were not added until lat Feb/early Mar last year so time for changes.

Aircraft 1:
JFK-DUB 20.20-08.15
DUB-ATL 10.15-14.00
Aircraft 2:
ATL-DUB 20.50-09.45
DUB-JFK 12.10-14.40

I'm sure they would of liked to operate both around the same time but USPC wouldn't cope and stands on Pier E would be an issue.

Air Canada daily 767 to YYZ time have changed arrives 09.15 and departs 10.45.

American Airlines also back with daily 767 to ORD.

PPRuNeUser0176
11th Dec 2011, 22:01
Next summer the 11.00 DUB-BOS (M,W,F,Su) flight will use USPC. This means that the 17.10 to JFK will be the only flight that does not as USPC only open until 16.00.

EISNN
12th Dec 2011, 02:41
USCBP - United States Customs and Border Protection. Sorry I had to say it. USPC (what does that stand for?) has been mentioned just once too many.

delta154
12th Dec 2011, 10:00
Emirates increase DUB capacity from 28/10/12.

A330-200 changes to A340-300.

F/J class capacity remains the same, however economy increases from 183 seats to 213 seats (an increase on 30 seats each way).

Change is likely due to A330's being retired, as there seems to be a lot of A330 routes changing over 2012 (MAN/FRA 3rd daily, DUB and likely NCL)

EI-A330-300
12th Dec 2011, 10:23
Next a B777...the 8 A340-300 in the EK fleet are due to leave late 2012 early 2013. That was what I last heard.

Will be Great to see an A340 daily instead of all A330/757/767.

delta154
12th Dec 2011, 10:40
Next a B777...the 8 A340-300 in the EK fleet are due to leave late 2012 early 2013. That was what I last heard.

Yes, the logical step would have been going straight to 3 class B77W, however a lot of 3 class B77W's have recently been allocated to other routes, so probably no spare frames for DUB.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Dec 2011, 14:12
And the good news keeps coming:

Etihad to be top Dreamliner operator after $2.8bn deal - Transport - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/etihad-be-top-dreamliner-operator-after-2-8bn-deal-434733.html)

Etihad said the fuel-efficient Dreamliner will initially be used on routes to Dublin, Frankfurt, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing and Nagoya, Delhi and Istanbul.

delta154
12th Dec 2011, 14:29
Etihad have certainly got good future plans.

I wonder if/when DUB will go up to 2 daily? They recently stated they want to take MAN to 4 daily within 5 years and be an A380 route, so, hopefully some plans are being made for DUB increases too.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Dec 2011, 16:21
All above come days after:

UAE Signs Air Services agreement with Ireland - Transport - Zawya (http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20111211083314/UAE_Signs_Air_Services_agreement_with_Ireland)

akerosid
12th Dec 2011, 16:39
The airline has a significant backlog of 777s on order, even before the order for 50 announced at the DXB air show last month.

The A343 is certainly going to be a welcome sight; with any luck, we might get a 345 the odd time. These are also slated to be disposed of, because they've been replaced on all the routes they were intended for by the 77L and 77W.

JetPhotos.Net Photo » A6-ERS (CN: 139) Emirates Airbus A340-313X by John Fitzpatrick (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7252710)

Good to see the M/E carriers grow at DUB, but it would be nice to see one of them add all-cargo services too.