PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

ryand36
19th Apr 2009, 19:59
Hey

I’ve started this new thread after easyJet 3 was closed. To pose my original question in thread 3: Can anybody tell me how many aircraft easyJet has based at each airport for the summer 2009 season? Also does anyone know if easyJet has designated spare aircraft? If so, how many and where are they based?

Thanks

EI-BUD
19th Apr 2009, 21:57
ryland36

This is an interesting question, I know Belfast has 6 based 737s
Stansted about 10 319s (not 100% sure) & i think 1 spare is there
Luton has about 14/15 based aircraft all 319s i think
Liverpool 8 319s
Newcastle I think 5 (mix of 319 and 737)
Gatwick about 33 319s

I am 100% sure of BFS but the others quite sure but not 100%.

Will be interested so see the replies to this thread!

Ian Brooks
19th Apr 2009, 23:25
Manchester has 2 A320 at present with a 3rd due mid May

The Flying Cokeman
20th Apr 2009, 08:42
EI-BUD,

737's are stil the mainstay in Luton mixed with A319's.

dwlpl
20th Apr 2009, 11:07
Liverpool goes up to nine based in June.

MerchantVenturer
20th Apr 2009, 11:13
Last summer Bristol had 11 based 319s which was increased to 12 for the main summer season (end July to early September).

At the moment, with a cutback in rotations, there seem to be ten 319s at Bristol (ten inbounds late last night, excluding the BFS and NCL that are operated by aircraft from those bases in the evening), which may have to be increased when the main summer season begins.

Flare-Idle
20th Apr 2009, 11:30
GVA 8 A319s
BSL 4 A319s

ryand36
20th Apr 2009, 16:53
Hey

Today (20/04/09) easyJet announced the Lunch of 3 new routes from London Luton.

Menorca (Mahon) - Mon, Wed, Fri Starts: 6th July
Montpellier - Tue, Thu, Sat Starts: 7th July
Milan Malpensa - Mon-Fri, Sun Starts: 6th July

Seats now on sale!

Greta to see easyJet adding more routes! Shame there can’t be any more form some of its other bases. I.e. STN!

geeandtee75
20th Apr 2009, 18:32
GLA - 4 A319s
EDI - 4 A319s

ryand36
20th Apr 2009, 19:55
Thanks for all your very helpful responses! I was under the impression STN is having 14 a/c this peak summer. Can someone confirm that for me? Also does easyJet base specific aircraft at each base or does it all change around? If it changes around how do aircraft switch between bases?

Double Hydco
20th Apr 2009, 20:12
No, the aircraft frequently swap around the network (for reasons such as scheduled maintenance checks)

Usually they are swapped down route. For instance, a crew will fly one aircraft from say STN to ALC and then swap airframes with a crew from BRS or LGW.

ryand36
20th Apr 2009, 20:21
Ahh thanks for that info! Sounds sensible but the crew must be pretty quick at switching planes1 With only 35mins turnaround maximum that’s some quick swapping! I don’t really see the point of swapping unless maintenance is needed though. Also does anyone know if easyJet work on a first in first out basis? I.e. first flight to land and park for the night will be the first departure in the morning?

parky747
20th Apr 2009, 20:30
The plan for MAN was five based units by 2010, is this still the case?

BONDMAN
20th Apr 2009, 20:32
Also does anyone know if easyJet work on a first in first out basis? I.e. first flight to land and park for the night will be the first departure in the morning?

I don't think it quite that simple, I know some of the aircraft have a higher take off weight than others so are allocated the longer routes. Usually we've just finished towing them around overnight when a load of aircraft changes come through :*

cheers Bondy

ryand36
20th Apr 2009, 20:37
That’s typical isn’t it! Get the workers to do their job right then change it all and make them do it again! Im surprised they tow the planes! Especially at big airports, surely they can plan things a little better to save towing aircraft about! I bet if you work at LGW it’s difficult because of the 3 a/c types! But at bases with just the 319 it can’t be that difficult can it? Or am I being really naive?

BONDMAN
20th Apr 2009, 20:49
For example we may move aircraft if it comes in on a domestic flight in the evening then goes out on an international flight the next day so needs to be moved from domestic gate to an intl one. Or we sometimes have a spare aircraft so we have to move it from its remote stand should another aircraft have a tech problem.

cesare.caldi
20th Apr 2009, 22:00
LTN-MXP is a replacement route of LTN-WAW last flight 5 July.

From MXP to London there are now 16x daily flights:

BA MXP-LHR 4x daily
LH MXP-LHR 6x daily (4x by LHI and 2x by BMI)
U2 MXP-LGW 4x daily
U2 MXP-LTN 2x daily

When you can fly from 99 euro return with Lufthansa MXP-LHR 6x daily or Easyjet MXP-LGW from 60 euro return 4x daily, the new MXP-LTN 2x daily is a no sense flight, also Ryanair has cut BGY-LTN from 2x daily to 4x week. LTN is probably the worst choice for central London.

cesare.caldi
20th Apr 2009, 22:11
LTN-MXP timetable:

LTN-MXP 07:20-10:15 12345 From 21 september
MXP-LTN 10:50-11:50 12345

LTN-MXP 12:00-14:55 6 From 21 september
MXP-LTN 15:30-16:30 6

LTN-MXP 17:25-20:20 123457 From 6 july
MXP-LTN 20:55-21:55 123457

On sale now, price from 23,99 euro one way

Zippy Monster
20th Apr 2009, 23:11
...the new MXP-LTN 2x daily is a no sense flight... ...LTN is probably the worst choice for central London...

It makes perfect sense if you don't actually want to travel to, or through, London. Why should everyone from the Midlands and Home Counties and even further north (Luton is only 1hr 30min on the train from Yorkshire) have to contend with the hassle of crossing London to LGW, or navigate their way through the hell-on-earth that is LHR? There is more to life than what goes on within the M25! :p

Maybe Ryanair cut the route down because they can't compete with EZY... I do agree though that when you consider the city pair, 16 flights a day sounds excessive. The green movement would have a field day...

compton3bravo
21st Apr 2009, 07:23
I would suggest that easy are looking at the large Italian and Italian-related communities in the Bedford and Peterborough areas ie north of the airport than expect people from the London area. Us old ones will remember regular charter flights to several Italian cities were operated by the likes of Altair, British Midland, Britannia, Middle East Airlines (yes) and the Scribe Air Boeing 707 commonly known as the roach coach!

smilingit
21st Apr 2009, 07:53
Fairly true, however, the lack of direct train connection to LTN Airport for passenger originating from the Virgin West Coast Network (northern of the airport) makes things much more difficult.

Virgin Trains passenger are, in fact, routed via Milton Keynes Central and than coached to Luton Airport on a Virgin Train Shuttle calling at many places here in and there (many more than the sister service by Natexpress. Train tickets rarely offer a routing via Luton Apt P'way coming from the north.

I agree, in principle, that the service may be successful though. We'll see in the coming months!

ryand36
21st Apr 2009, 20:01
Today easyJet announced they would be serving Starbucks products on certain routes from their on board bar.

boardingpass
22nd Apr 2009, 10:22
As MXP is now easyJet's biggest base in Europe, and LTN is easyJet's HQ and main training facility, perhaps the route is so they can save on taxi fares between LTN and LGW every time a manager needs to go to MXP or italian crew need to go to LTN. And if they can pick up a few pax along the way, great!

Kev 1
22nd Apr 2009, 11:27
Newcastle is currently 3 B73G's and 2 A319's, from 20th May this becomes 3 B73G's and 3 A319's or 4 B73G's and 2 A319's depending on which website you check :-).

Winter 09 reverts back to 5 A/C not sure of the B73G/A319 split at the moment...

flyer55
22nd Apr 2009, 16:56
What ex GB aircraft are easyjet keeping ?

And will they still operate from both LGW terminals or consolidate into one ?

Seljuk22
22nd Apr 2009, 19:04
MXP: 15 (+ night stop at FCO, 2 or 3 a/c?)
SXF: 8 (maybe 9 during summer)
MAD: 6
ORY: 6
CDG: 5
LYS: 2

All the facts about the UK bases are very interesting cause I'm not sure about it.

Just 2 questions: EMA still 3 and I thought LPL goes up to 8 (you're talking it goes up to 9)?

adam12345
22nd Apr 2009, 19:09
Gatwick will have 39 aircraft based!

The expansion will see an additional aircraft based at London Gatwick, bringing the total number of aircraft based there to 39.

fimbles
22nd Apr 2009, 21:50
LPL has had 8 a/c for some years now and will go up to 9 this summer...

cesare.caldi
22nd Apr 2009, 21:50
Easyjet is the first airline at LGW? What is the market share?

cesare.caldi
22nd Apr 2009, 21:55
LYS go to 3 based plane from winter 2010.

See: easyJet.com - Joyeux anniversaire ! Un an et 1 000 000 passagers pour easyJet à Lyon (http://www.easyjet.com/FR/Actualite/anniversaire_lyon.html) (in french)

cesare.caldi
22nd Apr 2009, 22:02
Is possible for Easyjet to make a personalized booking engine? When I check the Italian website on the top of booking engine appears italian airports, with the English website on the top appears UK airports end so on... For me is a good idea..

thebeehive
23rd Apr 2009, 10:14
Good question re.ezy LGW terminals, they seem to have moved some flights over to the north from the south and they seem to be in favour of the north? wonder how having a split operation hinders the airline (if at all)?

Cant see room in the north for the whole ezy operation and i cant see them giving up the north so i guess a split operation will be kept?

Seljuk22
23rd Apr 2009, 15:39
On 28th April U2 is celebrating its 5th anniversary of SXF base. Now there are 9 planes, SXF-CPH and SXF-BRU goes up from 1 daily to 2 daily from 25th October.
Also BSL-BCN goes up from 1 daily to 2 daily and BSL-BOD from 2/7 to 4/7 starting from winter.

Skipness One Echo
23rd Apr 2009, 21:47
Don't think there is enough room in either Terminal for the entire operation. Perhaps if they move BA out of the North Terminal?? * cough *

racedo
23rd Apr 2009, 22:39
Don't think there is enough room in either Terminal for the entire operation. Perhaps if they move BA out of the North Terminal?? * cough *

Given BA is showing cancellation of 6 routes out of LGW incl Atlanta / Brussels / Toulouse / Geneva / Zurich / Marrakech.....most I think previously announced.

thebeehive
25th Apr 2009, 12:11
Given BA is showing cancellation of 6 routes out of LGW incl Atlanta / Brussels / Toulouse / Geneva / Zurich / Marrakech.....most I think previously announced.

?? ATL and TLS moved to LHR

GVA and ZRH(?) will be back for the winter

RAK wasn't a BA route and it went when GB went orange

BRU is a BA codeshare route operated by Brussels Airlines.

airhumberside
25th Apr 2009, 14:19
BA's LGW-Zurich is axed all year round

Skipness One Echo
25th Apr 2009, 15:47
That's correct, Zurich won't be back. With the B737-300s and B737-500s going they don't have the correct capacity for some routes anymore. The series 400 is a little large as is the A319. Gatwick is coming full circle to be a leisure oriented BA base, with most of the Club heavy routes at Heathrow.

British Airtours anyone? I think easyJet have been very succesful in building up Gatwick but the South Terminal is, lets be honest crap. I bet they'd want the whole operation from the North Terminal but with BA still in situ for a few more years, I don't think the capacity is there alas.

compton3bravo
25th Apr 2009, 16:22
It looks like easyJet have dropped the Gatwick-Inverness route from the start of the winter timetable as it is not bookable from the end of October. The Luton service which was downgraded to a three times weekday and Saturday and Sunday service last winter has been upgraded to a daily rotation.

True Blue
25th Apr 2009, 16:53
have you considered the possibility that no route ex Lgw is on sale yet? I think you will find that Lgw is not yet on sale for W09.

True Blue

ryand36
29th Apr 2009, 05:48
Hey

Does anyone know if easyjet have any plans to expand its operaiton at STN?

easyboy22
29th Apr 2009, 11:08
Does anyone know if the Man Athens service is going to run through the
winter, says on website winter routes on sale for athens but cant book past end of oct.

cesare.caldi
4th May 2009, 21:11
On sale now all winter flight except LGW and MXP base.

apaul
4th May 2009, 21:52
Easyjet have been expanding at Gatwick rather than Stansted (or Luton). I expect they'll continue that policy.

Seat62K
5th May 2009, 13:48
Is this because easyJet is afraid of Ryanair? There's no escape! (For example, I see Ryanair is starting Gatwick-Madrid services and is bound to take passengers from easyJet and Air Comet rather than from BA.)

jettesen
5th May 2009, 14:09
Ryanair from LGW - MAD is hardly likely to effect EZY that much as they operate 3 times daily service which runs at 97% load factor, whereas FR will operate a once daily service with poor flight times.

INV will not be dropped from LGW and it has been a year round service from both LTN and LGW for over 7 years now.

easyboy22
5th May 2009, 15:38
cesare.caldi You cant book Athens past 4th nov, is it going to be a winter route.

dancav
5th May 2009, 16:41
Which extra aircraft is coming to Man to cover the extra flights (incl Athens) this month?

toledoashley
5th May 2009, 19:06
Do EZY have a new booking interface, saw it quickly at work, but at home im just getting the old look site. The main page looks the same, but the page after encorperates both the flight schedule and the added services on one page with a larger amount of bright orange!!!

dwlpl
5th May 2009, 20:59
The page has a border of hearts with 'easyJet summer love' written on them.

toledoashley
6th May 2009, 06:59
Im talking about the page after the main page, where the schedule comes up with pricing.

Whiskey Papa
6th May 2009, 07:44
Depressing sign of the times, however EJ board are upbeat!

BBC NEWS | Business | Easyjet losses more than double (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8035223.stm)

WP

racedo
6th May 2009, 13:49
Easyjet April numbers

2008 3,553,023
2009 3,772,582

A 6.3 % increase

Load Factor

2008 80.0%
2009 84.2%

A 4.2% increase

Seljuk22
6th May 2009, 13:49
April

Passengers: 3,776,582 +6.3%
Load Factor: 84.2% +4.2pp

luvly jubbly
6th May 2009, 13:59
Could the increase in seat sales be extra pax from the purchase of GB Airways?

davidjohnson6
6th May 2009, 14:16
WhiskeyPapa - there is a reason behind the large increase in loss which should be short-term rather than a long-term problem.

Just before crude oil hit its peak of US$147 per barrel, everyone was panicking that crude might hit US$250 or even higher. Easyjet decided to substantially hedge their future fuel needs at the price then available in the market, preferring to avoid the risk of fuel going much higher.

Shortly after EZY completed the fuel hedge, Lehman went bust, people suddenly took the recession seriously, the price of jet fuel plummeted by about 75% and airlines were able to purchase jet fuel at a much lower price. You could think of this as being similiar to someone who bought a house in late 2007 just before the economy went horribly wrong and who now has a big dose of negative equity.

Because EZY are now committed to paying the original higher price for fuel, it has to be recognised in the accounts as a loss, thus making the latest results look a bit cr*p.

No, this is not good for EZY, but this is a one-off accident, rather than a serious multi-year concern for the company.

h&s
6th May 2009, 18:02
yes hedging and easter swift probably one-off accident, but the increase in cost even excl. fuel is quite a bad news, especially considering the gap with Ryanair was already big and the fact that Ryanair costs will probably go down again at last FY report (excl. fuel)
This is a very bad news and may proove an inability of the management to be as good as Ryanair in the cost cutting part of the business, which is the core part of LCC...

I remember they close DTM for crew efficiency, and they just declared that crew efficiency didn't improved! so why did they close DTM if it had no effect???
Even the redundancies didn't have any effect on costs! that's shocking!

Seat62K
6th May 2009, 18:07
"Jettesen",

You say that Ryanair's entry on the Madrid-London route is "hardly likely to effect EZY that much". I'd agree with you if we were in favourable economic times and the market was growing. Ryanair might be scheduling only one flight daily in each direction (albeit with 189 seats to fill) but exactly where will their passengers come from except mainly from the existing "low cost" operators?

I predict that easyJet will be unable (or unwilling) to match Ryanair's fares. Given the dire state of the Spanish economy I can see Ryanair being the winner and easyJet the loser. Who would turn their nose up at a return fare of 12.4 euros (or £11 if starting in London) before optional charges? Not me! I'd be daft to fly easyJet.

The schedules look unattractive from some UK passengers' point of view but remember that a midnight arrival into Barajas is not seen in the same way by the Spanish (I think last departures on the Madrid metro, including from Barajas, are around 1.30am) and that an 8pm departure from London will be attractive to those who can only travel after work.

Ryanair may only be scheduling one flight a day right now but don't be surprised if the frequency is increased. This is precisely what happened, for example, on the Stansted-Alicante route. I know this route very well and have switched from easyJet (which inherited me from Go) for most of my trips simply because Ryanair offers better value (plus better punctuality and a much more civilized boarding "experience", especially at Stansted).

Ryanair's entry on the Madrid-Gatwick route will definitely hurt easyJet.

h&s
6th May 2009, 18:15
the schedule is bad but of course it will hurt easyJet. 4 or 5 seats of a plane on average make the profit of a flight, so there is no doubt Ryanair will grab a minimum of 2 easyJet PAX per flight, so easyJet profitability will be probably hugely hurt no doubt about that
I assume there is space anyway for both airlines to share this market and be profitable on it, even if easyJet performances will drop year-over-year

cesare.caldi
7th May 2009, 11:26
On sale now LGW winter flights

anna_list
7th May 2009, 11:53
According to the easyJet press release, LGW to ZRH and VIE increase to twice daily and LGW to MUC goes to 3 daily.

Ouch. Anyone would think they were targetting Aer Lingus ....

easyboy22
7th May 2009, 11:58
Just the normal flights for the winter at man, flights for 2 A/C if the 3rd

A/C is staying for the winter when will they go on sale as the others already are.

Will there be new routes if the 3rd A/C stays

jabird
7th May 2009, 13:35
"Ryanair may only be scheduling one flight a day right now but don't be surprised if the frequency is increased."

They have been adding a lot of new routes at 2-3 times per week, so going daily into a crowded market (Air Europa also new here as of end April) shows they mean business. But FR are never likely to want to match U2 on frequency - take a look at STN-PIK, where they used to operate upto 9 rotations, and they now just offer 3. This isn't all down to switching between the '200s & '800s. Now compare that to U2's offering from LGW, LTN or STN to GLA. High frequency might attract some business pax from legacy airlines, but I don't think those are the people FR are targetting, and not at those times. So for FR, high frequency just means lower yields from the leisure market, whereas pinching a few of U2's passengers means easy pickings.

Sark
7th May 2009, 21:42
We have just booked our family Christmas flights to TFS. Price just over double those we paid last year, booked on day one too! Looks like Easy have done their homework and see that these routes can be money spinners.

racedo
8th May 2009, 16:00
Easyjet adding flights from LGW to CIA in late May for Champions League final.

Seljuk22
8th May 2009, 17:25
Increasing frequencies:
LGW-CGN double daily and LTN-DTM trice daily from winter.

virginblue
8th May 2009, 18:36
Hear hear. If it is just a coincidence that Flybe is launching DUS from LGW which is 40 miles from both CGN and DTM? Me thinks not. Both DTM and CGN had thrice daily flights in the past....

ptr120
9th May 2009, 17:52
LGW - CGN has never been thrice daily with Easyjet. 2 x day is the most it has been. Germanwings dipped in and then out of this route at one point too.

Sam Chipperfield
10th May 2009, 09:18
I just been on Newcastle monthly timetable it says supposed 2 b from May:

737-700 3 based

A319-100 3 based

jettesen
10th May 2009, 22:28
SEAT 62K

In response to your cheap as chips ryanair flight to madrid from LGW, have a look at a date for ryanair and the same date for EZY and i guarantee you that after all the charges, EZY will come out cheaper for that day.

Jul 25th - Jul 28th

EZY flight cost of flight ( before any charges ) £78.98

after charges ( including 1 bag, airport check in debit card charges etc ) £77.83

FR Flight cost ( before charges) £31.73

after charges ( including 1 bag, airport check in , debit card charges etc)
£81.73

£40 to checkin with ryanair!!!!!

PPRuNe Pop
11th May 2009, 11:46
A few posts with unnecessary abuse have been deleted.

One of you came close to a ban. Anymore of it and you will be banned.

AA&R Mods

Seljuk22
11th May 2009, 13:25
MAD-LIS will become trice daily (now double daily) from November with morning flights from MAD and LIS. Therefore one a/c is over night at LIS.

davidjohnson6
11th May 2009, 21:50
I've spent quite a bit of time scanning fares over the last few days out of London for the period winter 2009/2010, and comparing them to fares over the last 24 months.

EZY seem to be rather less than generous on many of their winter routes given that for EZY the time immediately after fares go on sale usually shows the cheapest fares. Then again, there may be a planned fare sale to get winter bookings going.properly.

Ridiculously cheap fares from EZY in November and January for sectors of around 2 hours seem to be rather rarer than I had initially hoped. Guess this just reflects a change in emphasis of customer away from the bargain bin brigade.

Is EZY veering towards having a few minimal frills (with associated costs) ?

racedo
11th May 2009, 23:10
David

I think Easyjet is going for income above passenger numbers as it has fuel hedged pretty highly. Its working on basis that people who can afford it will still afford it and those who can't won't travel.

The Flying Cokeman
12th May 2009, 03:42
racedo,

EZY hasn't fuel hedged for the whole year. The fuel hedging is stopping at some point this month thereby cheaper fuel for the rest of the year provided it doesnt rise like crazy as we've seen before.

parky747
12th May 2009, 07:42
Any chance that a MAD based unit may restore a link to MAN?

nonemmet
12th May 2009, 10:04
Cokeman,

The spin occording to our mangement when oil was $150/barrel was that they hedge fuel on a continuous basis 'in order to smooth the price':confused:. However if they have stoped hedging now that oil is $50/barrel then that would be par for the course:ugh:

The Flying Cokeman
12th May 2009, 11:08
They hedged 60 % of the 2008/09 financial year requirement for fuel and therefore hedging is stopping this month if it hasn't already done so. I have heard no news of EZY hedging and I don't think any airlines are doing new hedgings at the moment but waiting to see what's gonna happen with the crude oil prices. The price for crudeoil is unfortunately going up slowly but surely everyday now passing $59.06 this morning.

Charlie Roy
12th May 2009, 11:41
The price for crudeoil is unfortunately going up slowly but surely everyday now passing $59.06 this morning.

Fortunately Sterling, the Euro and the Swiss Franc (Easyjet's principal currencies) have in the same period all been getting stronger against the US Dollar ;)

The Flying Cokeman
12th May 2009, 13:57
The sterling might have gone up slightly the last 2 months but nothing compared to what it was 1.5 years ago. Besides worth mentioning that EZY has for this calender year "hedged" around 80% of their dollars need at £1.00 to $1.98 :ok: For once they did something right.
I seem to remember 70 % for the Euro to around £1.00 to € 1.57 or there abouts.

cesare.caldi
12th May 2009, 17:50
When will be available to book MXP winter flights? It's the only base not yet put in sale.

tigger2k8
14th May 2009, 15:14
so when easyJet's fuel hedge (from last year) has run out (if it hasnt already) does that mean the chance of them dropping more flights in the winter will be reduced due to the lower fuel costs?

0523 cov man
14th May 2009, 16:35
any one know if easy are looking at cvt
0523 covman

Sikiri
14th May 2009, 16:44
I have read several times that U2 is getting rid of there 737-700's. At the moment there are still 20+ left, and I wondered if those had already been sold. If so, who's getting them, and when are they leaving easyjet? Or are they all leased, and is U2 just waiting for the contracts to expire?

PS: I don't know if this is the correct forum for this question, if not I dearly apologize. For me this is more an airliners.net forum question, but since they want you to pay to be able to make posts, I kind of lost interest.

SKY's4ME
15th May 2009, 13:15
I understand NCL is nearly completely converted to the Airbus. Correct me if I'am wrong but that leaves only BFS and LTN as Boeing equiped bases. I have seen some of the ex ezy 737's go onto American registrations to an airline called Sun country, and a few have headed to GOL in south America.

tigger2k8
15th May 2009, 15:08
some of the A/C with reg ending in KF, KA and JX need some serious work done to them as every other week theres a problem with the APU's etc... think it was JX or KG that was U/S for a few days due to a major problem with engine 2...

parky747
20th May 2009, 07:28
Easyjet G-EZTE A320 was delivered into MAN yesterday, is this the 3rd based unit for MAN?

Also any news further news on the plans for MAN? The last news was 5 based units by 2010!!!

pee
22nd May 2009, 10:14
The Finnish press (Ilta-Sanomat) writes today: "easyJet's flights between Gatwick and Helsinki became so popular that the carrier had to replace its planes with the bigger ones".

Good. However, it's not a surprise for me. After all, Finland is still the least LCC-saturated EU country.
My hint: try HEL-ARN (kind of monopoly on this route), try SXF(!!!). Above all, try some Southern destinations (no low-cost flights so far, nobody offers them here).

Seljuk22
22nd May 2009, 11:06
@pee
How high are fees and taxes in Finland (or Scandinavia) compare with other EU countries? Why aren't there more LCC bases?
AB is flying more and more from Germany to the nordic countries, also TXL-HEL.

pee
22nd May 2009, 11:52
@Seljuk22

The taxes are relatively high, but not higher than in many other EU countries.

Looking for the reasons of a very minor LCCs penetration, I could point at couple of things. For some carriers (like Ryanair) Finland doesn't seem to be an ideal partner, as the attitude here has mostly been "everybody should be treated equally, no preferencies". That's why Finland loses in comparison to many other countries. The local administrations might be unwilling to "advertise" some carriers as it smells like giving some dubious support or alike. Moreover, there is no low-cost terminal at HEL nor the low cost airport nearby.

There exist, however, some new trends in Finland as well. Vantaa airport has already started granting some preferencial discounts while starting new routes, at least one Finnish airport will change the ownership this summer (Lappeenranta will be owned locally). Things might change.

cesare.caldi
24th May 2009, 17:35
Any news about MXP winter flights?

adfly
25th May 2009, 16:49
how many a320s do ezy have now?(excluding gb ones:))

easyboy22
25th May 2009, 17:20
Five G-EZTA TO G-EZTE

cesare.caldi
25th May 2009, 18:44
What routes are operated by A320?

Ian Brooks
25th May 2009, 19:40
All MAN except Geneva are A320 ( 3 aircraft )

Ian B

adfly
26th May 2009, 10:44
where are the a320s based?

easyboy22
26th May 2009, 10:47
3 at manchester the others at lgw

parky747
26th May 2009, 13:59
3 at manchester the others at lgw

Is this 3rd a/c staying at MAN for winter 09/10?

easyboy22
26th May 2009, 14:29
Apparently yes.. thats what has been said but who knows. looking at the flights man only need 2 aircraft unless some more flights for winter .

kriskross
26th May 2009, 16:29
More to the Canaries is a rumour, and the Egypt flights are doing very well from LGW - and don't ask, I've already looked at the performance, and it can be done on the CFM 320s from MAN

parky747
26th May 2009, 16:38
More to the Canaries is a rumour, and the Egypt flights

When can we expect confirmation of the winter timetable then for MAN? Canaries / Egypt would be perfect!

I though that EZY may have linked MAN up with a MAD based unit as MAN has no link at all as of now!!

cesare.caldi
26th May 2009, 22:11
Easyjet increase flights from winter season:

MXP-BCN from 2x to 3x daily
MXP-MAD from 2x to 3x daily
MXP-AMS from 2x to 3x daily
MXP-FCO from 4x to 5x daily
MXP-NAP from 4x to 5x daily
MXP-SUF from 1x to 2x daily

Seljuk22
27th May 2009, 09:15
MXP-NAP 5 daily (4 daily now) and MXP-SUF double daily (1 daily now).
16 a/c at MXP from november, more to come in 2010.

ORY-BCN has been cancelled, from 31st August CDG-BCN increasing from double daily to trice daily

cesare.caldi
27th May 2009, 16:44
The new strategy of Easyjet is not open new routes, but only increase frequency.

jettesen
27th May 2009, 22:12
As from 22nd June, they will have 10 easyjet build 320s. TA - TJ

Ian Brooks
27th May 2009, 22:20
5 deliveries in 3 weeks? that sounds a lot when you add A319 in as well

Ian B

Powerjet1
29th May 2009, 14:32
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Airline's wedding plans scrapped (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/beds/bucks/herts/8074063.stm)

davidjohnson6
29th May 2009, 14:56
If a ship's captain can officiate in a wedding (at least sometimes) - what's the difference with an airplane captain ?

lfc84
29th May 2009, 15:06
how many boats go 300mph?

davidjohnson6
29th May 2009, 15:26
how many boats go 300mph?

Try this one

BBC - Nottingham - Features - Fastest boat on water (http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2007/06/01/quicksilver_boat_feature.shtml)
His boat, Quicksilver, has been built in Newark, Nottinghamshire. It's designed to reach 400 mph (640 km/h)

IDR
29th May 2009, 15:31
US Airways are now looking into Weddings on the Hudson River… :ok:

cesare.caldi
29th May 2009, 16:32
Try this one

BBC - Nottingham - Features - Fastest boat on water (http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2007/06/01/quicksilver_boat_feature.shtml)

The future is London-New York by boat? :eek:

paully
29th May 2009, 21:17
Lets look on the bright side shall we, its saved us from being forced witnesses at tacky chav wedding feasts...well done the council ( for once) :D:D

HH6702
2nd Jun 2009, 21:06
Does anybody know what routes the above aircraft will be doing tomorrow and thursday with times?

thanks in advanced

The Flying Cokeman
2nd Jun 2009, 21:13
No flights from Liverpool will be flown by 321 according to my flight information on the EZY intranet for the next two days.

IB4138
3rd Jun 2009, 07:05
You've been looking at Jethro's HH6702.

Tis a typo. The aircraft delivered to LPL on 27 May was another 319 and not a 321.

Sam Chipperfield
3rd Jun 2009, 16:36
Does anybody know when Easyjet will base there 4th A319 at Newcastle?

Seljuk22
4th Jun 2009, 07:04
May traffic:

passengers: 3,948,416 +1.8%
load factor: 83.5% +0.3 pp

Seljuk22
10th Jun 2009, 08:44
EI opens a couple of new routes out of LGW.

Is there a chance to see EZY flying to OTP, WAW or VNO to compete with EI?

Why are there no flights between LGW (and other London airports) and BRU?

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
10th Jun 2009, 10:23
Seljuk22 - EZY are in the process of withdrawing from Warsaw due to increased charges there. The Luton - Warsaw flights cease in early July ... so no chance of Gatwick - Warsaw.

I can't comment on Vilnius or Bucharest but as far as Brussels is concerned most people in the London area use the Eurostar to get there. You need to remember that the London - Brussels market is much smaller than London - Paris. The former is predominately business travellers whereas the latter has a lot of leisure travellers too as Brussels isn't perceived to be a deseirable tourist destination.

Finknottle
10th Jun 2009, 10:27
I would be surprised if EZY start up a route to Vilnius.

Star1 are planning to start the route at the end of June and airBaltic are expected to recommence in October so would be far too much competition.

adfly
10th Jun 2009, 14:55
brussles airlines operate lgw-bru

Charlie Roy
10th Jun 2009, 15:22
brussles airlines operate lgw-bru
In total for London then:
Brussels Airlines from Gatwick to Brussels.
BMI from Heathrow to Brussels.
British Airways from Heathrow to Brussels.
VLM from London City to Brussels and Antwerp.

British Airways code shared on LGW - BRU with Brussels Airlines up until recently. I think when the code share stopped the frequency reduced.
VLM's Brussels route is down to one daily.
BMI are now using much smaller aircraft.
Blue Air recently stopped flying between Stansted and Brussels.
Ryanair's relaunched Stansted to Charleroi didn't last very long...

So yes the London to Brussels market has seen a reduction in number of seats since last year, but maybe this is a natural adjustment.

parky747
12th Jun 2009, 06:53
Anyone have any info on when the winter 09/10 routes / timetable is to be released for EZY at MAN?

danielson81
12th Jun 2009, 08:46
RE: EZY to OTP

They did fly to OTP from LGW last year, but the route was scrapped due to poor loads. I think if you dig deep in to Easyjet 3 thread its mentioned there.

apaul
12th Jun 2009, 09:55
The winter routes from Manchester were released quite a long time ago. Indeed, the bargain fares have largely gone and you would be better off waiting for a winter sale to book. The routes to Greece, Turkey and Corsica stop in Oct/Nov but will presumably be back for next summer.

jettesen
12th Jun 2009, 14:05
The OTP toute was a very good route load wise, 96% Load factor. The route was canned due to poor revenue from on board sales. Rarely took £200 most days. hence, aircraft used on a route with better revenue from sales.

parky747
13th Jun 2009, 07:59
The routes to Greece, Turkey and Corsica stop in Oct/Nov

So what will replace these destinations during winter, or is the 3rd based aircraft only based at MAN for the summer?

ReadyToGo
13th Jun 2009, 10:59
FAO CharlieRoy

The Brussels Airlines/BA codeshare probably ended when BA sold off BA Connect to Flybe

Out of NCL, Brussels Airlines now codeshare with flybe using a Brussels Airlines Avro RJ. I'm guessing the same is probably true out of LGW too.

RTG!

boardingpass
13th Jun 2009, 12:21
Anyone know when FCO will be opened as an easyJet base?

Nakata77
14th Jun 2009, 13:16
and will they fly more routes from Bournemouth to places like Rome?

Sam Chipperfield
14th Jun 2009, 13:27
Does anyone know when they will base there 4th A319 at Newcastle and if they are going to do any new routes from Newcastle???

ryand36
15th Jun 2009, 20:59
Hey

I've been looking at the STN schedule for this Summer and Winter and I'm quite disappointed to see the operation being scaled back. Over the past 2 years we've lost BSL, LEI, VLC GVA (Winter only now), we have also seen a reduction in frequencies. The only new route we've had recently is the FNC and now that’s down to 4 weekly.

Does anyone know what easyjet’s plan is for the STN base. I'm getting fed up with my local airport being Ryanair Ryanair Ryanair. I know its their major hub but easyJet seem to be being frightened off by MOL.

I understand LTN and LGW are EZY's main hubs as it were but easyJet have cut themselves a little niche at STN flying to places that FR don’t or offering better frequencies, times, prices etc. STN does have a large catchment area and I know many people, including myself who will not fly FR if they can help it. I just think it's a shame we are now down to below 10 aircraft this winter and barely on 12/13 this summer. Id love to see EZY put FR in its place a bit. Just because they base 40 planes at STN doesn’t mean they can do what they like. The customer is loosing out......

davidjohnson6
15th Jun 2009, 21:19
ryand36 - the customer is, as you say, losing out. However EZY are scaling STN back because it doesn't really make much in the way of money, when there are more promising opprotunities for basing aircraft elsewhere in the UK (e.g. LGW, where EZY pretty much have a monopoly on LCC flying) or Europe (e.g. Italy where Alitalia although no longer in cardiac arrest is still in intensive care)

ryand36
16th Jun 2009, 07:28
David

You raise a very good point, and i want easyjet to do well. I'm a big fan as you can see :). So we here at STN are going to have a half-hearted attempt by EZY it seems. I have a sneaky feeling they'll leave us and go to LGW or just give use 5/6 planes. If that happens I HOPE bmibaby or someone comes in to take over. Ryanair needs competition. Stansted is worth more than MOL and his heavy handed ways. But I guess for now I'll have to survive with watching 1 easyJet plane an hour and 20 Ryanair planes. Great lol. My flight this year with easyJet are quite expensive when compared to last year. If everyone’s paying that then they can’t be doing that bad. Great lol.

Seat62K
16th Jun 2009, 07:42
It's sad to see what easyJet has done to the operation at Stansted it inherited from Go.

On the other hand, it's partly the behaviour of passengers like myself that's responsible. I choose to fly Ryanair rather than easyJet out of Stansted mainly because: (a) the fares are - generally - cheaper, (b) I can't stand easyJet's awful "boarding experience" and (c) the airlines' relative punctuality (although my two recent easyJet flights, a few weeks ago, were both on time).

ryand36
16th Jun 2009, 07:54
Seat62K - I'd agree with you that it’s the passengers partly to blame. Which makes it even sadder? I fly 6 times a year and pretty much 80% of the time I have 2 choice. FR or EZY same airport just different times. Ryanair may be on time and cheap but on destinations they compete with EZY on they are actually quite expensive. And to me I’d rather spend an extra £10 to fly with airline who in my mind are much more professional. The crew on both are great don't get me wrong and both airlines get you form A to B safely. But I always feel much more valued on EZY than I do on FR. And I cant stand the delightful adverts in their yellow cabin. EasyJet is just much more sophisticated to me. Even if it is a LCC they still have some standards. And as for punctuality EZY have improved a lot lately. I'm guessing most people now don’t look at EZY as much and just go with FR expecting them to be cheapest.

I think if easyJet committed a bit more they could really create a nice medium sized operation at London Stansted (STN) to add some variety and competition at FR’s beloved hub.

toledoashley
16th Jun 2009, 08:21
Some suggestions for a EZY larger STN base:
Lisbon
Vienna
Zurich
Lanzarote
Gran Canaria
Marrakech
Agadir
Malta
Sofia
Gibraltar
Menorca
Reykjavik
Bergen
Bucharest
Paphos/Larnaca
Jersey
Tunis/Monastir
Dalaman/Bodrum

ryand36
16th Jun 2009, 08:31
Add to that list the reintroduction of the BSL route. When easyJet pulled it we got Ryanair. 3 times a week Tues, Thus and Sunday at hideous times. Maybe a Paris flight? A Brussels? Maybe restart the Almeria route and offer the year round connection they used to. Make Ibiza year round, to stop Ryanair getting established on the route.

Skipness One Echo
16th Jun 2009, 15:20
Explain to me why this isn't seriously competing with their own efforts at Gatwick?

anna_list
16th Jun 2009, 15:24
Easyjet's strategy for STN is an interesting question.

Last year Easyjet carried just under 20% of all passengers at STN, with Ryanair accounting for 67%. I'm struggling to think of an airport of a similar size where one carrier enjoys this level of dominance. This could raise a bit of a problem for anyone interested in buying STN from BAA.

I'm sure that STN has some strategic importance for EZY, but they have to balance this with their larger base at LTN and their recent clear preference for expanding at LGW whenever the opportunities arise.

If you look at the number of EZY flights at STN, it's clear that their priorities lie elsewhere. Last year the total number of EZY flights at STN was only marginally above the combined number of EZY and Go flights back in 2002. This year, they will almost certainly fall below that level. EZY flights at STN peaked back in 2004.

Interestingly, the reverse situation occurs at Luton, where EZY is the dominant carrier and Ryanair have achieved very little growth since 2005.

In the last couple of years Ryanair's intentions at STN have been very clear. They have launched STN - ALC, PMI, AGP, FAO and IBZ, which are all core routes for Easyjet. It will be interesting to see how much willingness EZY have for a fight on these routes. The precedents aren't great, as EZY finally gave up STN-VLC and STN-LEI last year after over 3 years of going head to head.

What will happen next? I suspect not a lot other than further frequency cuts until the economy improves. Once it does, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryanair increase the frequencies on the routes mentioned above and launch the likes of STN-TLL, PRG and EDI. That would leave EZY with a difficult choice.

As for EZY restarting any routes that they have dropped, it seems highly unlikely. If those routes weren't making money before, it is improbable that they will do so in future. The market has already decided.

@Skipness One Echo: Spot on!

ryand36
16th Jun 2009, 18:20
I'm aware that EZY have made the choice that LGW should be their focus and I think quite rightly. They are the dominate LCC at LGW and do a very good job of it too. I'm sure the cash flies in from LGW. LTN is a steady base and I think both FR and EZY live which each other and complement each other quite nicely. STN just seems like a bum fight. With FR winning, hands down.

As you say Anna FR launch routes EZY do well on such as ALC and as a result we now see less ALC flights with EZY. It's obvious FR wants STN to itself just as EZY wants to boot EI out of LGW to keep it all for itself. Understandable and a wise business move. It seems that EZY have made their choice. LGW and LTN. They're now playing the game of let FR get rid of me and I'll go if not I'll just stand still.

I disagree that launching new routes will counterbalance the LGW expansion. STN and LGW have two very different catchment areas. STN - North London and East Anglia. LGW- South London and the south east. Launching flights to the Canaries for example on a 3 times weekly basis shouldn’t effect LGW too much just grab a few more customers off the charters and allow EZY passengers in the east to go to new destinations.

EI-BUD
16th Jun 2009, 23:05
This is an interesting discussion around EZY's future at STN and the sort of strategy that it is following.

I have spoken to quite a few Easyjet member of staff at STN both flight deck and cabin crew, many of which think Easyjet will not maintain the base at STN in the long run.

When Dortmund was announced as closing some of them said that they expected that STN would suffer the same fate in time and they also said that this was a common sentiment among many other fell Easyjet workers.

Not that this stands for much.

LGW is the focus for EZY and I think any additional resources that they get in Aircraft terms in the London area will go to LGW to ensure not too much opportunities left for the competition.

ryand36
17th Jun 2009, 07:48
I too suspect easyjet will desert and focus on LGW and LTN in the near future. I just hope someone such as bmibaby for example takes advantage of the situation and creates its Lonodn base at STN. It woyuld be a sad day to have Ryanair soley at STN.

Musket90
17th Jun 2009, 07:57
EZY projected movements/seats for Stansted this summer are 11 to 12% less than summer 08 and with Ryanair slightly more at about 12.5% less so both have cut back.

ryand36
17th Jun 2009, 08:11
But relativity speaking easy jet's operation at Stansted is a third of the size as the Ryanair operation. So comparatively easyJet has reduced more.

rod_1986
17th Jun 2009, 08:16
Actually 12% of two thirds is more than 11% of one third. Ryanair have reduced more, proportionally and absolutely :}

ryand36
17th Jun 2009, 08:31
OOpsh lol! Sorry too early in the morning for maths. My mistake.

cesare.caldi
24th Jun 2009, 18:27
For now any new route annunced for winter season on all Easyjet network. When will start these annunce?

Seljuk22
26th Jun 2009, 14:37
29th Oct MAN-RAK 3/7
6th Nov MAN-CPH 6/7
6th Nov MAN-MUC 4/7

Routes go on sale from next week.

cesare.caldi
26th Jun 2009, 17:26
Routes go on sale from next week.

Great news, do you have any rumors about new Easyjet route from others base, especially MXP?

I know Easyjet have obtained slot to open several new route from FRA and MUC! LH is not very happy... :}

Seljuk22
26th Jun 2009, 19:32
EZY will add 2 more a/c (then 17) at MXP at the beginning of 2010, right?
But FR is also very strong and growing at BGY. I doubt EZY would launch routes which FR is operting.
New routes from MXP could be MLA, BFS, TLS and BOD. FAO, SKG and CFU (or other Greek islands) could be some nice summer destinations. BUD, VIE, MUC, HAM, WAW and HEL are EZY destinations which aren't operate from MXP but I doubt they'll come.

What about a base at FCO? Any chance AMS, BRU or BCN will become a base in the near future (or what could be a new base/market)?

parky747
27th Jun 2009, 06:37
29th Oct MAN-RAK 3/7
6th Nov MAN-CPH 6/7
6th Nov MAN-MUC 4/7

Is this the lot? EZY are supposed to have 5 based units by 2010 at MAN with c40 destinations! Is this still the plan or is it now under review due to economy?

MAN777
27th Jun 2009, 06:45
I think any new route in this economic climate is a bonus !

Ringwayman
27th Jun 2009, 09:12
I would imagine that there's still a little bit of room for growth this winter at MAN as I don't believe that 2 return sectors per day is utilising an A320 to its optimum. Unless they're adding more Geneva services? I would believe a 4th unit will be in use next year (probably from Winter 2010) with the 5th unit not until 2011 at the earliest.

The blurb that accompanied these new routes does indicate that there may be more of a focus to city break destinations away from the bucket and spade routes that has been the norm.

EI-BUD
27th Jun 2009, 15:27
New routes from MXP could be MLA, BFS, TLS and BOD. FAO, SKG and CFU

I cant see EZY doing BFS MXP any time soon as Aer Lingus is struggling on this route and it is being dropped at the end of summer season. I think if EZY cant make BFS FCO or PRG work for that matter, MXP is very unlikely.

EI-BUD

OliWW
27th Jun 2009, 15:35
If easyJet buy bmibaby off Lufthansa now that the bmi and lufthansa agreement has taken place, MAN will be a nice little profit earner for easyJet, routes such as Palma, Faro, Lisbon, Malaga, Alicante, Barcelona, Toulouse, Perpignan, but then also Domestic and Shorter routes such as Amsterdam, Belfast, Cork and Newquay. Plenty of opportunity for easyJet if bmibaby do disappear

EI-BUD
27th Jun 2009, 15:44
OliWW

Regards your post, I think that Easyjet will go BFS MAN and BHX being 2 of WW´s busiest routes and that would tie in nicely to your comments about the MAN base.

However, one would have to wonder in the current climate of cash strapped airlines and losses, who would splash the cash for bmibaby, with an aged fleet, and some weak enough markets. Would EZY be interested in CWL with such a strong position in BRS?
Would EZY see opportunity in EMA where they have been pretty stagnant for some time what with Ryanair being big there?

And more over would they want to take on bmibaby´s operation at MAN given that Ryanair has indicated that MAN is going to feature long terms as a big for them? Perhaps they would?

Some for and against cases there, but overall I think that if Easyjet want bmibaby markets so much they could probably start operating them and not even bother with WW. But then the price tag might be attractive enough?

MUFC_fan
27th Jun 2009, 15:46
Not a bad idea at all! Some great little money earners from MAN - plus all the flights from the other bases at EMA, BHX etc. It would also provide them with more a/c to replace which at the moment is quite a good idea.

Replace the 733s with 319s. Sorted!

Will be interesting to see if U2 are to look at WW!

I assume that BE would be the main, if not only bidders for BD regional.

OliWW
27th Jun 2009, 17:36
I understand what you are saying about BRS and CWL, however LPL and MAN works well, LGW, LTN and STN work well together, EDI and GLA. On that note I still think that EZY at CWL would work well... 2/3 aircraft based, same as baby, perfect...

I know what you mean by their B733's. Some of them are on leases, so would not be renewed anyway. I wouldn't know what flybe would do with the B733 when the E195 is their biggest aircraft, and carries what, 118 where as the B733 carries 148. Quite a large difference.

pwalhx
27th Jun 2009, 20:08
Can't see why Easy would buy Baby, if they wanted all have have to do is go on the route themselves.

dwlpl
27th Jun 2009, 20:22
I agree with the last posting.

With BMI not appearing interested in Baby all they need to do is wait until its 'disbanded'.

Save them a lot of money too doing it that way.

Seljuk22
2nd Jul 2009, 13:15
New routes from FCO: ATH, AMS, LIS and SUF

dwlpl
2nd Jul 2009, 13:24
Just read easyJet to announce Liverpool to Lanzarote and Fueteventura with the A320.

Seljuk22
2nd Jul 2009, 13:40
LPL-ACE (starting Nov. 3) 3 weekly
LPL-FUE (starting Nov. 2) 3 weekly
LTN-SSH (starting Nov 3) 3 weekly
LTN-PFO (Starting Nov. 4) 3 weekly
STN-FUE (starting Nov. 4) 2 weekly
EDI-LYS (starting Dec. 17) 3 weekly
LGW-HAM (starting Feb. 2, 1010) double daily, LTN-HAM will stay
LGW-OPO (starting Nov. 2) daily
FCO-ATH (starting Oct. 15) daily
FCO-AMS (starting Nov. 2) daily
FCO-LIS (starting Nov. 2) daily
FCO-SUF (starting Nov. 2) dialy
FCO-GVA (starting Oct. 26) moved from CIA, daily
FCO-MAD (starting Oct. 26) moved from CIA and increased from 1 to 2 daily
MAD-AMS (starting Nov. 2) double daily

Jippie
2nd Jul 2009, 14:02
New routes for Amsterdam after the travel tax was abolished yesterday:ok:
Madrid will be 2x daily.
More is coming: Basel will go to 2x daily in the winter instead of daily now. Milan MXP will be 3x daily instead of 2x daily now.
5x daily flights extra this winter compared to this summer for EZY at AMS.

Source is their booking engine.

Easyjet also have slots for a 3rd daily MAD flight.

mzgoo
2nd Jul 2009, 14:27
also new routes of ltn-ssh and ltn-pfo

starting 3rd and 4th november respectively. flights go every other day

Seljuk22
2nd Jul 2009, 16:26
I'm just wondering about the new/additional flights out of MXP (FCO, NAP, SUF, AMS, MAD and BCN will be increased each by one daily) and FCO (AMS, ATH, LIS and SUF are new routes and each will be served one daily) next winter.
This are 10 new daily flights operating out of Italy and EZY said there will be (only) one additional a/c (No. 16) arriving at MXP.

Agaricus bisporus
2nd Jul 2009, 16:55
Where the heck are ssh and pfo?

adfly
2nd Jul 2009, 16:57
ssh=sharm el sheik
pfo=paphos

hope it helps:ok:

green-dot-speed
3rd Jul 2009, 12:43
Any news for the pilots in the pool along with the new routes? 1 year and half swimming now...

cheers!

Zippy Monster
3rd Jul 2009, 13:07
More is coming: Basel will go to 2x daily in the winter instead of daily now.

BSL-AMS was 2x daily last winter as well. The aircraft are used on other routes in the Summer.

The Flying Cokeman
3rd Jul 2009, 13:35
New EZY base to open in FCO beginning of November this year so more new routes to come in the future ahead.

mzgoo
3rd Jul 2009, 14:25
also another new route from ltn to be announced within a week or 2

toledoashley
3rd Jul 2009, 15:13
There is a gap on a Monday for the new LTN-SSH/PFO schedule. As Thomson are dropping Madeira for the winter my money would go on that as 1 or 2 times a week (FNC has been dropped from Gatwick!)

Seljuk22
3rd Jul 2009, 19:18
Very interesting!

I've thought there is more to come cause up to now there was no PM about the new routes out of MAN and the latest 15 new routes.

What about Tunisia? EZY flying to Maroc and Egypt but not to Tunisia. Any reason for that?

What could be the next routes for LGW? Beside ARN, BRI/BDS, TLL/RIX or Asturias/Bilbao maybe NTE almost all destination are served. WAW and OTP didn't work in the past.

toledoashley
3rd Jul 2009, 19:23
Tunisia would be a fantastic market for easyJet, daily to Tunis, 3/4 per week to Monastir and 1/2 per week to Djerba.

From Gatwick for 2010 maybe?
Stockholm/
Oslo/
Bergen/
Antalya/
Kos/
Manchester/
Reykjavik/
Belgrade/
Varna or Bourgas/
Pula or Rijeka/
Vernoa/
Catania/
Ponta Delgada/
La Coruna/

easyboy22
3rd Jul 2009, 19:30
seljuk22 you seem to be in the know.

Any more routes for man..

LGW_08R
3rd Jul 2009, 19:32
Seljuk, i believe easyjet are not currently in Tunisia due to an open skies agreement. However this is due to be abolished soon, next year i think? Apparently the Tunisian Authorities are a little relentless on allowing the likes of easyjet and Ryanair access as they feel it could damage Tunisair.

With routes from Gatwick, i personally would like to see more routes into Scandinavia, and im sure Stockholm is just a mater of time. With regards to OTP, With Aer Lingus recently announcing the route, perhaps easy will give it another shot just to over saturate the market.

Seljuk22
3rd Jul 2009, 19:40
I know nothing, unfortunately.

About MAN
http://www.pprune.org/5028688-post1154.html

easyboy22
4th Jul 2009, 11:54
Vuelo

What site is saying another 9 routes, interesting if true.

Seljuk22 Thanks for reply.

flyzen
4th Jul 2009, 13:02
"What about Tunisia? EZY flying to Maroc and Egypt but not to Tunisia. Any reason for that?"

There is no opensky agreement UE / Tunisia it means only bilateral agreements applied.
UE / Morroco opensky agreement exists, evrybody in UE able to fly!

The new tunisian airport ENFIDHA due to open in october may be will change quickly the situation

claudias
4th Jul 2009, 14:28
FCO.... beginning November 2009.. looks like a strategy to expand on the Italian market.Pilots on italian contract.

Bubair
4th Jul 2009, 16:49
I am very interested in FCO as being in the holding pool and living in Rome!
May I ask you where the info is coming from and how certain it is.
Thanks.

Craggenmore
4th Jul 2009, 17:43
May I ask you where the info is coming from and how certain it is.

Company mail-shot on Friday - Only MXP based pilots are being asked (forced) first..........

epsilonmiuraised
5th Jul 2009, 07:02
Forced??:eek: why force pilots while they have so many in the holding pool who would be so much happy to join in fco? Come on easy give us a call!:ok:
Will they use new aircrafts for fco or move some from mxp?

PGA
5th Jul 2009, 08:03
craggenmore doesn't tell you the whole story:

Currently there are 3 a/c nightstopping in FCO. These a/c are crewed from mxp, therefore mxp is overcrewed. If they were to get "external" crew, mxp would remain overcrewed, which is of course not ideal. So the company hopes that there will be enough volunteers to go from mxp to fco, and I can think of a few, so that both fco is crewed and mxp is at the right crewing level again.

If there isn't enough interest from mxp based pilots to transfer, anybody else in the company can bid for fco, based on doj.

Base opening on 2nd of nov 2009, which will also see the amount of a/c go up to 4 initially.

epsilonmiuraised
5th Jul 2009, 08:08
thanks PGA
well if one additional a/c will go to fco may be they will hire some external crew for that aircraft at least. i hope so at least...

Seljuk22
6th Jul 2009, 09:08
Traffic June 2009:

Passengers: 4,146,609 +0.8%
Load factor: 86.3% -0.6 p.p.

A319-100
6th Jul 2009, 10:34
Not bad for the toughest trading conditions the company has seen in its short history. These figures are in comparison to a record breaking summer last year!

Ian Brooks
6th Jul 2009, 10:55
It`s yield that is important though, all well and good having 100 pax paying £10 but 50 paying £50 would be better

Ian B

racedo
6th Jul 2009, 13:27
Not bad for the toughest trading conditions the company has seen in its short history. These figures are in comparison to a record breaking summer last year!

Last year figures include the addition of GB Airways but the corresponding GB Airways figures for 2008 were not included so the growth was overstated but think everybody is aware of this.

BOHEuropean
6th Jul 2009, 13:45
Will we ever see additional flights to Bournemouth (EGHH) ?

Airbourne-Adamski
7th Jul 2009, 11:08
also another new route from ltn to be announced within a week or 2
There has been alot of speculation around LTN for awhile now it could be Tel Aviv with the 320

Airbourne-Adamski
7th Jul 2009, 11:24
Just looked at LTN - SSH - LTN

LTN - SSH Dep 11.10 arriving 18.30
SSH - LTN Dep 19.30 arriving 23.20

So that makes from Check In to Check out 13 hr 50 min duty ouch :\ but it shows a 1hr turnaround time in SSH. Is this similar to LGW?

cherrycoke
7th Jul 2009, 13:57
Pretty similar. Sometimes is 55mins rather than 1 hour. And my pain from a 13:50 duty time disappears when we cash up!

MUFC_fan
7th Jul 2009, 14:03
Are the pilots allowed to do nearly 14 hours?

kriskross
7th Jul 2009, 17:27
Yes, using Level 2 alleviation.

beauport potato man
7th Jul 2009, 19:39
Adamski, my old friend..... you'll love them Sharms!!!!

They taste all the sweeter when you realise you're only paid for an ATH. The rest is free.
My last SSH was flown using a new route and was approx 2,400nms each way. Long day.

racedo
7th Jul 2009, 22:37
Are the pilots allowed to do nearly 14 hours?

Serious question as you have landed (plane usable again so its a great landing) and stress of work over, then you get to your car.

Is Pilot safe to drive after 14 hours in the air ?

tigger2k8
8th Jul 2009, 08:22
Serious question as you have landed (plane usable again so its a great landing) and stress of work over, then you get to your car.

Is Pilot safe to drive after 14 hours in the air ?

same could be asked about any job/profession... i recently done a 17hour shift and i can honestly say i was wide awake until i sat down in the seat of my car... im glad it was only a 15min trip home

does anyone know what way a base conversion to airbus works? does 1 737 fly to say, LTN and come back as a 319 or?

Powerjet1
8th Jul 2009, 09:48
Easyjet launches Tel Aviv flights | The Jewish Chronicle (http://www.thejc.com/articles/easyjet-launches-tel-aviv-flights)

Also, Agadir from LGW, twice weekly wef 4 Nov.

racedo
8th Jul 2009, 11:38
How many times can you use the aircraft a day if you are flying to Tel Aviv given 35 minutes turnaround is probably not achieveable ?

beauport potato man
8th Jul 2009, 12:44
We currently use the SSH a/c for an early PMI at the moment... so probably 4 sectors.

Seljuk22
8th Jul 2009, 12:57
The Tel Aviv route is one of 23 new easyJet services to be introduced in the coming 12 months
EZY announced 15 new routes last week, LTN-TLV and LGW-AGA bringing the number to 17 - 6 new routes still to come and when do the "coming 12 months" start?

pabely
8th Jul 2009, 13:46
The airline said it was adding a total of 23 routes in 2009, adding services across the Mediterranean and Middle East.

So I would make that Jan to Dec.....:)

Routes actually lunched this year though, many were announced in 2008....

15 January 2009 London Gatwick to Copenhagen
12 February 2009 Paris Charles de Gaulle to Barcelona
12 February 2009 Paris Charles de Gaulle to Bastia (Corsica)
31 March 2009 London Gatwick to Larnaca
01 April 2009 Berlin (Schoenefeld)to Cagliari
02 April 2009 East Midlands to Nice
02 April 2009 London Gatwick to Vienna
02 April 2009 London Gatwick to Munich
02 April 2009 London Gatwick to Zurich
02 April 2009 Newcastle to Malta
23 April 2009 London Gatwick to Bodrum
01 May 2009 London Gatwick to Dubrovnik
01 May 2009 London Gatwick to Naples
03 May 2009 London Gatwick to Santorini
04 May 2009 Manchester to Corfu
22 May 2009 Bristol to Corfu
24 May 2009 Bristol to Bastia(Corsica)
01 June 2009 Liverpool to Naples
02 June 2009 Liverpool to Dubrovnik
02 June 2009 Liverpool to Bordeaux
20 June 2009 Basel to Bordeaux
22 June 2009 Bilbao to Ibiza
27 June 2009 Lyon to Bastia (Corsica)
06 July 2009 Geneva to Dubrovnik
11 July 2009 Lyon to Pisa
11 July 2009 Paris Charles de Gaulle to Ajaccio (Corsica)
11 July 2009 Paris Orly to Faro
12 July 2009 Berlin (Schoenefeld) to Dubrovnik
12 July 2009 Paris Orly to Dubrovnik
12 July 2009 Lyon to Ibiza
13 July 2009 Lyon to Olbia (Sardinia)
25 July 2009 Milan Malpensa to Rhodes
26 July 2009 Milan Malpensa to Crete (Heraklion)
01 August 2009 Manchester to Athens
01 August 2009 Milan Malpensa to Split
02 August 2009 Milan Malpensa to Dubrovnik
06 August 2009 Manchester to Dalaman
09 August 2009 Manchester to Bastia (Corsica)

K Secker
8th Jul 2009, 15:53
Pabley
I think you may have missed
Luton to Milan, Minorca and Montpellier all starting July

easydan319
8th Jul 2009, 16:08
Lyon - Brussels and Lyon - Nantes has also been announced today.

LYS - NTE daily starting 2nd Nov
LYS - BRU 4x week starting 17th Dec increasing to 6x week by March 2010.

pabely
8th Jul 2009, 16:29
I think you may have missed
Luton to Milan, Minorca and Montpellier all starting July

Blame Easyjet Media Route launch 2009 link, it was cut/paste straight off their Web Site..:oh:

easydan319
8th Jul 2009, 17:01
Also announced from Geneva: Copenhagen, Sharm El Sheikh and Toulouse.

GVA - TLS 4x week from 15 Dec.
GVA - SSH 2x week from 15 Dec.
GVA - CPH 4x week from 12 Dec.

Joining the previously announced 15 new routes plus LTN -TLV, LGW - AGA, LYS - NTE and LYS - BRU. I make that 22 new routes. Possibly 1 more new route in the network to be announced to make that 23?

SFP
8th Jul 2009, 17:40
Also routes announced for November start (see posting #166)

LPL - ACE 3 per week
LPL - FUE 3 per week

PPRuNeUser0178
8th Jul 2009, 19:46
EDI-LYS also

MARKEYD
8th Jul 2009, 20:23
Its a shame that Easy have not tried again to operate a Grenoble service this winter from Bournemouth as they would be the only carrier and also try out a Saturday service to Salzburg prehaps , as Bournemouth has no services this winter for the first time as Thomson are not operating this year , as they are basically back to the holiday routes from Bournemouth

Load factors were pretty good

Goldilocks95
8th Jul 2009, 21:32
nothing frm brs???

paddingtonbear319
9th Jul 2009, 10:30
Gatwick crew used to do a BFS and MXP but now the early BFS is done with a BFS crew. Not sure of the other bases.

The individual crew are still being moved round the network quite a bit, week in MXP/SXF/LYS/CDG/MAD etc.

As for Grenoble/Salzburg out of Bournemouth, good idea but very difficult to get slots on a Sat as its changeover day. e.g. when we started up INN, everyday except sat. (Until we bought the Gone Bust airline!!)

Hope that helps x

Ivor Fynn
9th Jul 2009, 18:50
which gone bust airline?

Ivor

Skipness One Echo
9th Jul 2009, 19:04
GB Airways, as in what GB stood for in some eyes.

Evileyes
9th Jul 2009, 19:59
Some recent posts have been deleted. Discussions regarding airline crew layover locations and such are not permitted here.

Cheers,
The Mods

Jamesair
9th Jul 2009, 22:33
Anything new planned for NCL?

ryand36
10th Jul 2009, 09:14
Hey

Is there any feasibility about running any flights during the winter between the UK and Ibiza? I know there is always flights to Palma year round just a reduction during the winter like most spanish routes. Is there no market in Ibiza during the winter? Or does EZY just stop the route to allow for more geneva flights etc? Surely there is some locals who may want to travel to the UK at Christmas?

Any thoughts?

ladies and gentlemen
10th Jul 2009, 10:48
I thought GB stood for Good Bye?

goldeneye
10th Jul 2009, 11:02
Is there any feasibility about running any flights during the winter between the UK and Ibiza? I know there is always flights to Palma year round just a reduction during the winter like most spanish routes. Is there no market in Ibiza during the winter? Or does EZY just stop the route to allow for more geneva flights etc? Surely there is some locals who may want to travel to the UK at Christmas?

The IBZ flights are for holiday makers, and as the island esentially shuts down in the tourist sense from October through to May there really is not demand for a direct flight.
IBZ can still be accessed with IB via MAD or BCN.

Sam Chipperfield
11th Jul 2009, 10:42
Looked on the montly timetable for July at Newcastle, says there should be a 4th A319 due this month, does anybody else have more info on this subject?

TartinTon
11th Jul 2009, 11:17
Heard a rumour yesterday that EZY consider GIB not to be viable without BA operating ex-LGW! Any truth in a rumoured pull-out this winter?

Zippy Monster
11th Jul 2009, 13:15
Looked on the montly timetable for July at Newcastle, says there should be a 4th A319 due this month, does anybody else have more info on this subject?

As far as I can see it's still three based units; some routes are flown as 'W' patterns or triangle routes from other bases.

racedo
16th Jul 2009, 09:11
Friends travelled back from LGW to MRS on 5325 and delayed for 3 hrs because of Tech issues, anything serious or just one of those unlucky timings.

cesare.caldi
23rd Jul 2009, 17:01
On sale now Easyjet spring 2010 flights from April to June from BFS, BRS, EMA, LPL, MAN and NCL.

racedo
29th Jul 2009, 09:24
http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2009/~/media/Files/E/easyJet/pdf/media/latest-news/2009/q3_2009_pr.ashx

Decent set of results but appears they have dropped 170 Million in cash from 1131 M at haf year to 962 Million.

They look still on course to make a profit.

david1994
6th Aug 2009, 01:35
Can anybody confirm the EZY A320 riute to Tenerife from Belfast ??

tigger2k8
6th Aug 2009, 02:38
appears it was another rumor.. as winter seats are now on sale with no new routes.

toledoashley
6th Aug 2009, 09:30
On GIBRALTAR, the tourist board actually want them to expand routes with them, so I doubt it will me going anytime soon. Maybe just a seasonal reduction for the winter.

Ian Brooks
6th Aug 2009, 10:09
Not all routes are loaded at once as this would cause an overload on the system

ian B

Seljuk22
6th Aug 2009, 18:15
new route: 2nd Nov BSL-DUS (first route to/from DUS) 12 weekly

July Traffic:
passengers: 4,661,068 +4.3%
load factor: 90.3% +1.0 p.p.

eu01
6th Aug 2009, 18:48
new route: 2nd Nov BSL-DUS (first route to/from DUS) 12 weekly Is it official?
Interesting, anyway. Having slashed so many routes from Dortmund nearby (in spite of a weak competition there) they decide to start up in DUS (with many established lo-co and legacy carriers operating). But... let's wait and see.

toledoashley
6th Aug 2009, 19:22
Its in the system now.

virginblue
6th Aug 2009, 20:02
Apparenty more routes to come from DUS - anyone in the know already?

cesare.caldi
6th Aug 2009, 20:24
Its in the system now.

I don't find it

toledoashley
6th Aug 2009, 20:28
I seem to have the new version of the website and it is loaded.

Flight numbers:1183-1186

IB4138
7th Aug 2009, 07:25
Report of a threatened strike for 15/22/29 August in Spain reported in Euro Weekly News yesterday:

TWO workers syndicates that operate two airlines in Spain, Easyjet and Spanair have announced plans for strike action this August in protest against senior management in both companies. Apparently the Easyjet strike will affect flights, but not the Spanair one.

The two workers unions based in Spain, the CCOO and the USO announced they call for 24-hour strike action of all Easyjet maintenance staff in Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Alicante and Tenerife on August 15, 22 and 29.

The strike will affect 34 flights in Malaga, 20 in Alicante and 27 in Mallorca, although the effect on the Tenerife flights on these dates has not been revealed.

one post only!
7th Aug 2009, 11:55
I thought the strike would affect Spanair more than easyJet? For the EZY flights unless you are unlucky enough to go tech downroute on those days it won't matter one bit!!

kingston_toon
7th Aug 2009, 12:37
Basel - Dusseldorf now on sale, 12 per week as previously reported.

Gatwick - Dusseldorf against FlyBe to come next?

conradmueller
7th Aug 2009, 14:46
U2 has also applied for slots for 2 daily flights between DUS and MAN:
https://sws.fhkd.org/EWPS/pwaitinglist.output?I_AIRPORT=DUS&I_SEASON=W09&I_ARR=A&I_DEP=D&I_PRV_NXT=&I_STC=&I_AIRLINE=&i_flight_from=EZS_000&i_flight_to=EZY9999Z&i_period_from=25OCT&i_period_to=27MAR&i_time_from=&i_time_to=&i_opsdays=1234567

cesare.caldi
7th Aug 2009, 15:39
Also for LGW-DUS

racedo
7th Aug 2009, 15:41
July Traffic:
passengers: 4,661,068 +4.3%
load factor: 90.3% +1.0 p.p.

Easyjet numbers are effectively flat since last December.

On a rolling 12 month basis in December they were 44,583k and in July they are 44,725k. GB Air was not in the Dec figs for Jan 08 but are in July 09 ones so in effect they have stood still in Pax numbers this year.

What is clear is the spat between Stelios and the Board in 2008 and into 2009 have had a real effect on the company.

LGW_08R
7th Aug 2009, 15:57
conradmueller, thanks for the link....

I had a further look around the site and it appears they have slots for the following routes....

DUS-BSL 2 Daily A319
DUS-MAN 2 Daily A319
DUS-LGW 3 Daily A319

Munich looks very interesting, from what i see they have a slot at 0555 for a departure to LGW.
https://sws.fhkd.org/EWPS/pwaitinglist.output?I_AIRPORT=MUC&I_SEASON=W09&I_ARR=A&I_DEP=D&I_PRV_NXT=&I_STC=&I_AIRLINE=&i_flight_from=EZS_000&i_flight_to=EZY9999&i_period_from=25OCT&i_period_to=27MAR&i_time_from=&i_time_to=&i_opsdays=1234567 see the link..
Also at MUC theres slots for MXP, FCO, CDG, BRS and others that already exist too.

It does also appear they have applied for slots at Frankfurt

FRA-MXP 2 Daily A319
FRA-GVA 2 Daily A319
FRA-CDG 3 Daily A319 plus a 2105 arrival from CDG but not departure
FRA-LTN 3 Daily A319
FRA-MAN 2 Daily A319
FRA-MAD 1 Daily A319

https://sws.fhkd.org/EWPS/pwaitinglist.output?I_AIRPORT=FRA&I_SEASON=W09&I_ARR=A&I_DEP=D&I_PRV_NXT=&I_STC=&I_AIRLINE=&i_flight_from=EZS_000&i_flight_to=EZY9999&i_period_from=25OCT&i_period_to=27MAR&i_time_from=&i_time_to=&i_opsdays=1234567 heres a link to the FRA applications

So all this looks very interesting for easyJet into new German destinations. What is the likelihood that these routes do actually materialize?

virginblue
7th Aug 2009, 16:11
Small.

You can apply for slots at FRA again and again, but as there are no useful spare slots available.....

cesare.caldi
7th Aug 2009, 16:20
For MUC is the same?

MUFC_fan
7th Aug 2009, 16:29
You can apply for slots at FRA again and again, but as there are no useful spare slots available.....

Very true...

U2 looks like they want to take on the German market. They have gone down a storm in UK, France and Spain - now Italy is in the making and they will not look more to the German market. I am very surprised that they have not taken more advantage as they did spend approx. £5m on research before deciding not to buy BA Deutsch.

Quite surprised how many routes they want to launch from MAN! Are there any more?

virginblue
7th Aug 2009, 16:53
I think the problem for Easyjet is that Germany has strong local upmarket LCCs (Germanwings, TUIFly, airberlin), quite in contrast to France and Italy and - to some extent - Spain. Whereas Ryanair can stll find its niche below those, much more difficult for Easyjet. They were quick enough to get a decent base at Berlin (which is also a somewhat attractive inbound market), but anywhere else I see little potential at this point until one of ther established German LCCs goes bust. The one exception may be HAM.

cesare.caldi
7th Aug 2009, 16:57
At MUC and FRA there are very low presence of low cost carrier so Easyjet can go head to head to the LH monopoly.