PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Seljuk22
11th Aug 2012, 14:16
July 2012

Passengers: 5,860,272 +8.0%
Load Factor: 92.5% +0.8pp
easyJet Passenger Statistics for July 2012 (http://otp.investis.com/generic/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=2&newsid=259767)

60 mln passengers in 2012 could be possible.

Jack1985
15th Aug 2012, 17:04
I have to say from the onset I really do like easyJet, the best loco in Europe hands down I believe. Looking at Holland easyJet hold their own with the market there and are well established in the country, just wondering has Rotterdam ever interested easyJet? surely LGW-RTM would work? Other countries that seem underdeveloped to me for easyJet are Poland although the competition in that country probably makes sense for the consolidation of routes to Krakow. easyJet also seem to have no interest in expanding in the Baltic's - No routes at all to Norway, Finland, Latvia or Lithuania and little routes from Stockholm and Tallinn they seem to be expanding however in Copenhagen. Moscow seems to be on the cards for Gatwick if they get the 14 weekly slots and that would be a huge win for the company, but will we ever see easyJet in Ireland again? I doubt we will and would really hope that I was wrong. To many it's a tiny market of around 5m but it holds its own due to the fact its an Island nation, plenty of routes however easyJet could target in Dublin, Geneva & Milan Malpensa spring to mind. Great company to work for however, and to all employees count yourselves lucky!... Also does anyone know how often easyJet create positions for Ground staff?

davidjohnson6
15th Aug 2012, 17:21
Jack1985 - not saying your suggestions wouldn't work, but some of the back story includes the following:

Rotterdam - BA and Lufthansa are launching routes to Heathrow / Munich later in 2012. Air France-KLM already operate a route to LCY. Transavia also have a significant operation in Rotterdam. In any case, Amsterdam Schiphol to Rotterdam / the Hague by train is not at all far.

Norway, Sweden - well served by Scandinavian LCC Norwegian and Ryanair, along with legacy airlines like SAS. Easyjet tried Gatwick-Gothenburg but dropped it in Jan 2012

Latvia + Lithuania - well served by Ryanair + Wizz. Easyjet used to fly to Riga but dropped it a few years back

Finland - Easyjet tried Gatwick-Helsinki but dropped it in June 2011. Norwegian currently have a fair sized operation in Helsinki.

Ireland - Ryanair had a price war with Easyjet several years back over UK-Ireland routes. Easyjet decided pouring money down the drain just wasn't worth it. Reopen Ireland, and the same scenario is at least a possibility.

SecondDog
15th Aug 2012, 18:18
Hi folks is there any clear idea yet where the aircraft from Madrid are going?

Airbourne-Adamski
15th Aug 2012, 18:26
No news yet as cars as I am aware.
I believe the MAD crew will be first to know well before the rest of the network, plus they will be sorting out the crew relocations. All the latest info has only been released to MAD crew via a special website set up for them. The rest of us will be the last to know which I think is fair.

OntimeexceptACARS
15th Aug 2012, 18:34
One place that's criminally underserved by EZY is the place they chose to serve first, nearly 20 years ago. Glasgow. Sure, they got on the bandwagon with bucket and spade destinations (up to a point), but all the growth has gone to EDI, perhaps for inbound reasons, but EDI, already having Lufthansa, Air France, Norwegian, Iberia Express etc etc - EZY even left the market open to Jet2, who have apparently done very well at GLA, filling in for GSM, albeit on the same bucket and spade routes. Yet EZY's cities stop at Berlin, Paris, and a half arsed Geneva.

We're keeping the faith up here EZY, but as the recession eventually ends, and FR stay at Prestwick for the foreseeable, you have a short window of opportunity here. And for those who say the market to EDI is bigger.... maybe slightly as an inbound, but GLA is a big draw for those travelling on to the Highlands, as well as a destination in itself.

Or am I havering?

OTEA

rowly6339
15th Aug 2012, 20:57
Madrid A/C
Hi folks is there any clear idea yet where the aircraft from Madrid are going?

SEN? :ok:

BHD2BFS
15th Aug 2012, 20:59
One or two possibly to Belfast to replace EI?

mikkie4
15th Aug 2012, 21:14
southend would be nice

Nakata77
16th Aug 2012, 06:55
There are rumours on the SEN thread that the airport is preparing for six based easyJet A319's for S13.

Captain_Caveman
16th Aug 2012, 12:42
Sorry to disappoint but no plans for extra aircraft into SEN at the moment....

SecondDog
16th Aug 2012, 13:40
I've been hearing rumours of a sixth based a/c for BFS for ages now. Surely a 320 over the winter to make the Canaries routes vacated by EI is almost a mustdo!

BHD2BFS
16th Aug 2012, 13:43
I thought there already was 6 ac based at Belfast

tigger2k8
16th Aug 2012, 14:02
6 in summer, 5 in winter at BFS

easyflyer83
16th Aug 2012, 15:18
For Spring 2013, the plan is that MAN will have an extra 2 based aircraft. One of which was initially ear marked for 2012 which is testament to the fact that things change.

Elsewhere in the Orange Kingdom. New recaro seats being trialled in the Hanger will be on new aircraft deliveries from April 2013 provided an issue with CAA certification is sorted out. New seat covers and carpets being looked into.

Also a one off UNICEF aircraft is being planned along with (apparently) a livery refresh. I wouldn't expect anything radical from the latter but interesting nonetheless.

Airbourne-Adamski
16th Aug 2012, 17:13
Only thing with the livery I can think of is the tail would incorporate the orange design now used in branding but who knows.

easyflyer83
16th Aug 2012, 17:35
Only thing with the livery I can think of is the tail would incorporate the orange design now used in branding but who knows.

Which is what i thought and maybe 'easyjet' on the belly which is very much in vogue at the minute. IMO, smaller titles would be nice with an orange cheatline below the windows but I can't see that happening.

SecondDog
16th Aug 2012, 20:09
I reckon they should paint more like the 'carrot' 320. much nicer colour scheme imho.

easyflyer83
16th Aug 2012, 20:15
The 'carrot' is nice as a one off but the entire fleet would be a bit gharish. Carolyn McCall seems to be taking the airline upmarket and less in your face so I can't see anything with that much orange. Besides, it would cost a fortune in paint and dare I say, fuel.

Re: BFS and A320's. I'm quite sure that BFS will receive an A320 in the short/medium term. Not necassarilly because they want to do Canaries etc but because the type is gradually filtering through the entire network not only for longer distance services but also to increase capacity at a time when aircraft aren't being added to the fleet as thick and fast as they once were.

toledoashley
16th Aug 2012, 20:21
easyjet.com isn't the only distribution channel now, so the internet .com doesn't have to be as visible. An introduction of more charcoal grey and the 'Europe by easyjet' branding would tone down the orangeness. Something like the current Thomson 'tui' scheme wouldn't be surprising (but in White, Grey and Orange).

Nakata77
17th Aug 2012, 02:08
It all sounds very corporate.

Necessary evolution of the brand, or a mistake waiting to happen?

Will they start offering free snacks and then business class or eco plus?

Its a slippery slope from there... no?

As long as they remain true to their core values I'm all for evolving the brand.

Airbourne-Adamski
17th Aug 2012, 13:20
Or simply the new livery if there was to be one would be incorporated on to new aircraft which are to be announced following the fleet review at the end of Sept.
But saying that deliveries of those A/C would not be 2015.

jdcg
18th Aug 2012, 09:10
Can someone explain to me how the Easy allocated seating system will work (as it seems to now be going ahead)? If I don't pre-reserve a seat am I randomly allocated a seat when I check-in online? Or will there be the usual find-a-seat-when-you-board thing?
Personally, I've always been quite happy with the latter as I nearly always get the seat area that I prefer and would begrudge now having to pay for that. Shouldn't they just charge a premium for certain seats (exit row / front row) and let everyone allocate their own seat when they check-in online?

easyflyer83
18th Aug 2012, 12:57
I'm being told that the decision has been made re: allocated seating and this will be announced before end of the month. Come the autumn you will all have a seat number on your boarding card.

As has been explained before. You get the opportunity to pay to choose your seat with a premium on the exit rows. For night before the flight departs passengers who have elected not to choose a seat are preallocated one. For those booked on the same booking reference, every effort will be made to allocate seats together. Given that even on a full flight with free seating only 3 or 4 people don't get to sit directly next to each other, so it won't be a case of everyone being sat apart...... that some are predicting.

Expressflight
18th Aug 2012, 15:56
So if I book in online well in advance of the flight date, which seats will be allocated first? Is there likely to be any advantage in checking in as early as possible or leaving it until very close to the flight date?

easyflyer83
18th Aug 2012, 16:02
As far as I know there will be no advantage as to when you check in online in relation to how you are allocated a seat. Put simply I think you'd be unlucky to split from your party. The choose your own seat thing as I understand will primarily be aimed at those who want specific seats as opposed to the 'sit together' marketing at charter carriers.

paully
18th Aug 2012, 17:24
I personally welcome seat allocation, I think its a step forward. Must say though I will miss the antic of the `herd` stampede at boarding time....some of those granny elbows were lethal :}

fa2fi
18th Aug 2012, 18:22
Yes it should be a much more dignified experience.

nonemmet
25th Aug 2012, 17:32
No need to worry, and there never has been:

Know your 'rights'.

From CAP789, Requirements and guidance material for operators

8 Seat Allocation for Family Groups
8.1 The separation of family groups, especially children, may lead to problems in
emergency situations. During emergency evacuations, group members separated
from other members of the family or party might seek each other out during the
evacuation process. Such actions could have an adverse effect on passenger flow
rates towards emergency exits and might seriously affect the outcome of an
evacuation. Additionally, infants and young children would need assistance from
adults in the donning of oxygen masks during decompression.
8.2 Operators' procedures in respect of seat reservations, seat allocation, check-in
procedures and cabin crew duties should take into account the following factors:
a) Children accompanied by adults should ideally be seated in the same seat row as
the adult. In wide-bodied aircraft, children and accompanying adults should not be
separated by more than one aisle.
b) Where the above is not possible, children should be separated by no more than
one seat row from accompanying adults.
c) Seat allocation procedures for family groups, including adults, should reflect the
above.
d) When large parties of children are carried, operators should take into account the
principles of the above criteria and apply suitable seating arrangements.
e) Whenever small numbers of infants and children are travelling together, the
operator should make every effort to ensure that they are allocated seats where
they can be readily supervised by the responsible accompanying adult in both
normal and abnormal conditions.
8.3 Operators who operate a free seating policy should have procedures in place to
ensure that family groups are seated in accordance with these criteria.

easyflyer83
26th Aug 2012, 01:02
I can't speak for Ryanair but easyjet never allows young children to be say apart from their parents. This is covered in the cabin crew manual. Families do get split up if they are literally the last to board a full flight but the children aren't split from parents.

Either way allocated seating, I'm told, will be announced by months end. Anyone who works for an airline will know that whilst it will be a step forward, you can rarely satisfy everyone's seating preferences on a full flight.

frfly
26th Aug 2012, 08:01
Ryanairs policy is to attempt to sit together however if not possible maximum row in front or behind although this is a very rare occurrence.

easyflyer83
26th Aug 2012, 10:28
Yep, at easyjet we class a seat in front/behind (particularly aisle seat) as being sat together. It doesn't always satisfy the parent but in my book it is sat together and it would have no impact on a evacuation. Also advise parent to arrive at the gate earlier to be boarded first.

Like I've said before though, loads have to be circa 175 (320) and 151 (319) before you come across any issues.

FR-
26th Aug 2012, 15:27
Allocated seating is the way forward, apart from TLV flights. Whenever I have spoken to pax about it, most really do not want allocated seatting on a TLV.

fr-

frfly
26th Aug 2012, 16:09
I hate to admit it but the reserved seating on FR is now really working, it suppose it offers the best of both worlds allocated for those I want it free for the rest, and boarding times now not impacted.

I do think it seems more like the future for EZY to allocate to keep separating them in the market from FR.

fjencl
30th Aug 2012, 08:08
BBC News - Easyjet's Edinburgh Airport expansion promises jobs boost (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-19420055)

:D:D:D

munrobagger
30th Aug 2012, 11:09
Edinburgh to where ? Seema bit odd basing planes and not having routes ?
I would like Rhodes and Crete .

lfc84
30th Aug 2012, 11:40
I'm being told that the decision has been made re: allocated seating and this will be announced before end of the month. Come the autumn you will all have a seat number on your boarding card.

Is there any news about this ?

fa2fi
30th Aug 2012, 12:43
I heard yesterday was the day for the announcement. Meanwhile people ate booking elsewhere as they have their seats on sale.

fa2fi
30th Aug 2012, 12:43
I heard yesterday was the day for the announcement. Still nothing. Meanwhile people are booking elsewhere as they have their seats on sale.

DomyDom
30th Aug 2012, 17:48
easyflyer83, If you are in a position to do so please can you clarify whether MAN is likely to get 7 or 8 A/C for next summer? Its good news that EZY is looking at more business expansion. Thanks, DomyDom

Ringwayman
30th Aug 2012, 18:49
Look at the reports at the extra aircraft for EDI and MAN:

"One hundred jobs could be brought to Edinburgh after Easyjet announced plans to base two more aircraft at the capital's airport."

"EasyJet boss Carolyn McCall today said the airline planned to increase its presence at Manchester Airport – starting with the creation of 120 jobs.
The budget carrier will base a new aircraft at its Manchester hub, which will come into operation from March."

Does it strike you odd that MAN gets 1 aircraft less but creates 20 jobs more? Think it's pretty much set for a further aircraft to be based on top of the one they've announced.

DomyDom
30th Aug 2012, 19:56
Thanks easyflyer83. Lets hope number 8 comes off but 7 is encouraging all the same. I agree MAN need to sort themselves out regarding getting planes off on time.

easyflyer83
30th Aug 2012, 20:11
The delays aren't really noticeable to the average passenger as it tends to run to just a few mins but like I say, easy are very focused on OTP and it impacts on the stats I guess.

tophat27dt
30th Aug 2012, 21:54
Are you able to hint that EasyJet will operate more destinations out of SEN next year, not necessary based A319s, because they can operate a W.schedule......but with the expansion on parking and terminal capacity at SEN right now, there surely must be something planned ahead!

cornishsimon
30th Aug 2012, 23:44
Personally i think that SEN-NQY could be on the cards. The NQY-LON market has been dealt a big blow over the last few years due to Ryanscare, BA and Air Southwest all leaving the route.

I think its just a matter of time until Easyjet heads to NQY, they already use the long runway and clear airspace for training and the airport is in desperate need to attract new airlines and routes, rumor has it that they are willing to offer some decent incentives.

cs

Barling Magna
31st Aug 2012, 07:42
It's great news that EZY's base at SEN is performing so well, although I note easyflyer83's caveats. Logic says that SEN should work well with its train link to London and quite large local catchment. The opening of the airport hotel on 14th September should help. Spreading the word throughout Europe should attract more incomers, especially now it is an IATA approved London airport. Services to Germany, Denmark and eastern Europe should prove popular (although I'm not convinced by the OLT idea of serving Saarbrucken.....). Services to Cornwall could be viable, the rail service is long and often overcrowded. Hopefully EZY will announce such new services for next summer, although they may prefer to wait for the terminal extension to open for any major expansion. Part of SEN's appeal is its ease and speed of transit, it could become a victim of its own success if it expands too quickly. By 2015 I would hope to see 2 million ppa - especially if Osborne's double dip recession has ended.....

jetstreamtechrecords
31st Aug 2012, 07:44
I hear two of the new EDI routes are MAN and BHX:ok:

lfc84
31st Aug 2012, 07:51
MAN and BHX would seem to contradict this report

BBC News - Easyjet's Edinburgh Airport expansion promises jobs boost (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-19420055)

Expressflight
31st Aug 2012, 08:06
My gut feeling is that some new destinations could be on the cards for SEN in 2013, but only on a w-pattern basis due to the current squeeze on terminal capacity between 0600 and 0730. Any additional based aircraft would obviously have departures scheduled during that period. I haven't yet seen a proposed completion date for the terminal extension, which will more than double its size.

Flightrider
31st Aug 2012, 10:24
Ignore jetstreamtechrecords - he doesn't let any opportunity to have a go at Flybe pass by, and this is just stirring the pot on his favourite topic. Pretty boring, really.

MKY661
31st Aug 2012, 10:52
Think EDI-AGP will be a new route. Only choice you have in the winter is Ryanair. You also have Jet2 in the Summer.

munrobagger
31st Aug 2012, 11:20
I doubt AGP could suatain 3 carriers in the summer from EDI . I suspect Rome will happen as it looks like FR have axed it from November

Silvertop
31st Aug 2012, 21:15
The NQY-LON market has been dealt a big blow over the last few years due to Ryanscare, BA and Air Southwest all leaving the route.

So I wonder why that was then?

cornishsimon
31st Aug 2012, 22:31
Air Southwest was closed down
Ryan Air pulled the twice daily STN route when cornwall county council wouldnt give in to them and reduce the charges

cs

A and C
1st Sep 2012, 20:56
Tonights flight to Malaga is sitting on the ramp at Madrid following a diversion to pick up two First aid kits for an aircraft grounded at Malaga.

A very expensive problem but probably no other option.

Silvertop
1st Sep 2012, 21:04
So did any of the above make any money on the Lon-Nqy route then? I'm just thinking that if no one else could then why would easyJet be interested?

EI-BUD
1st Sep 2012, 21:21
Silvertop,

This is a difficult one to answer. AirSouthwest's operation was so small, so one could make the assumption that the unit costs were significantly high, hence a bigger operation with lower costs may have had a better opportunity at making an adequate return.

Ryanair on the other hand with these low costs only ran a summer seasonal route, and it wouldnt be so much as was it profitable, but more was it as profitable as some of the other popular seasonal routes ex Stansted.

My concern now would be that a NQY to London would take some time to re-establish, and given the lack of slots at LHR ,the increased costs and the lack of peak time slots at LGW, the charging for peak slots at LCY mean that any London route would most likely be an STN, SEN or LTN.

Narrow it down and look at the potential airlines through that filter we are left with:

- Easyjet
- Ryanair (ex STN, been and gone)
- Aer Lingus Regional (ex SEN, right sized aircraft, but lack there of)

I would suggest that unless we see a new carrier commuter size at NQY or easyjet putting on a flight from SEN... the possibilities are limited...

EI-BUD

(just realising that this is easyJet thread and not NQY!)

cornishsimon
2nd Sep 2012, 00:08
EI-BUD correct on almost everything, apart from the Ryanair route being seasonal. The NQY-STN route was daily/double daily and had a decent amount of people using it.

Ryanair did run i think off the top of my head 2 seasonal routes maybe 3 weekly on each, i think ALC and somewhere else.

Silvertop its a difficult question, but Air Southwest were running at a profit until the very end.

Just to put some perspective to it,

NQY-STN 167 445
NQY-LGW 46 910 plus 60 922 plus PLH

NQY-STN 183 847
NQY-LGW 40 302 Plus 65 984 from PLH

etc etc etc

So there is a proven history of a market about 200,000+ between LON-NQY, however currently even with 100% seat utilisation on the 3 daily DH8 it would only give you around 85,000 seats

cs

EI-BUD
2nd Sep 2012, 09:03
cornishsimon, thanks for the update, I didnt actually realise that the Ryanair STN NQY route was year round, ie not seasonal. What in your view is the likely carrier for the route or likely London terminus, if any?

EI-BUD

cornishsimon
2nd Sep 2012, 09:25
Well EZY to SEN or EI regional to the same would be nice but the stats prove a market for STN.

Ryanair pulled out in an argument with the xouncil, when CCC refused to back down MOL threw his toys out of the pram and pulled the flights !!

Obviously as a point to point Cornwall to London STN or SEN would work
Well, I'd love to see BA at NQY ex LHR but I dont think that's likely unless R3 gets built, I also see a LCY - NQY market

cs

True Blue
4th Sep 2012, 21:07
I see allocated seating has been added to extra routes. Seems to be coming as policy.

TB

toledoashley
5th Sep 2012, 06:09
Allocated Seating is now confirmed - a staggered release of routes, but every route, every day will have it.

Allocated seating (http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5575)

Bergholt
5th Sep 2012, 10:54
This is a major step forward by easyJet. I have long considered unallocated seats and the consequent rush for boarding to be the major turn-off with low-cost carriers. This will make flying with easyJet a more pleasurable experience.

IB4138
5th Sep 2012, 13:50
This is a major step forward by easyJet

Major step backwards!

easyflyer83
5th Sep 2012, 14:19
Alot of people would disagree with you there IB.

mybrico
5th Sep 2012, 15:32
I agree its another major step away from been a true loco. Its more to do with raising revenue than providing customer service. What would Stellios think

IB4138
5th Sep 2012, 16:51
You will find that there are a lot of very unhappy plus card holders easyflyer83, who feel that the recent renewal of their cards at a greatly increased fee, followed by allocated seating is a major change to what you pay for and are looking for refunds, as they feel cheated. You will see this clearly by looking at the comments from the many card holders on the easyJet Community site.

FR-
5th Sep 2012, 17:36
The plus card holders are able to select which seat, even the XL ones for free. And I think you will find routes which already have allocated seating has seen an increase in the sale of plus cards. I sold a few myself last week on flights only £139.

fr-

Dannyboy39
5th Sep 2012, 17:47
Are U2 implementing a zonal boarding system to, a la the American airlines, rather than it just being a free-for-all as it currently is? Fill the back and work your way forward.

jdcg
5th Sep 2012, 17:53
Definitely a backward step. Essentially now if you want a guaranteed aisle or window seat rather than the awful middle seat you'll have to pay extra. Was never a problem before. Previous system had flexibility. Why can't they just be a normal airline and let people choose their seats for free unless they want extra legroom which costs extra?

It's so disingenuous to say it's about service. It's about extra revenue. People will still rush to be on the plane because of overhead luggage space, as we'll all be travelling without hold baggage to keep costs down.

PAXboy
5th Sep 2012, 17:54
The original system worked fine - until they stopped implementing it. This was the alternative and it will raise revenue. Consequently, they were always going to take the option.

fa2fi
5th Sep 2012, 18:00
I'm by charging for seats they are being "normal". Few airlines let you select seats well in advance for free. They may give you the option close to departure but most seats have gone to those who have paid or frequent flyers with status. Try booking an AA flight and the selection of seats months in advance is poor as they have gone to elites. EZ are giving you the chance to book in advance for a reasonable fee. An let's not forget with the current system you risk sitting in the middle if you are held up at security and are last to board. If you don't like it then pay the £3.

It's exactly the same set up as BA (only a lot cheaper). I've never heard many complains there.

davidjohnson6
5th Sep 2012, 18:07
One of the major assumptions in much of economic theory, is that you have a bunch of people, each with a collection of different items, and each having different opinions as to how good or bad any single item is.
An example, is a group of kids in a school playground who have each been given different things in their packed lunch by their parents. One kid loves eating cheese (but was given a sausage roll by his mum), while the other loves sausage rolls (but was given a piece of cheese).

Economics then says, that the people in these groups then choose to swap, so that they get a mutually beneficial result.
Or in this case, the kids with the cheese and the sausge roll do a swap, so that each gets to eat the food they like for lunch.

Once easyJet implement allocated seating, will there be anything to stop people openly swapping seats before departure ?

fa2fi
5th Sep 2012, 18:27
I believe the after takeoff PA includes something along the lines of "please remain seated in your assigned seat until the signs above you have been switched off". I know on Jet2 they stop people sitting in premium seats unless they hav paid for it.

TSR2
5th Sep 2012, 19:42
Major step backwards!

I don't see how you can say that if you can select the seats you want in advance and for free (as a cardholder).

I'm sure allocated seating will appeal to far more people who would not normally travel easyjet.

IB4138
6th Sep 2012, 06:34
You have totally missed the point!

A plus card holder can book a flight today for tomorrow and board first to take the seat he wishes. On the new system, this is denied to the plus card holder as non card holders will have already booked those seats by advance booking. It is a reduction in benefit of the plus card.

EI-BUD
6th Sep 2012, 06:57
IB4138;

You are correct that currently the easyJet pluscard holder can choose the seat that he wants when boarding, but the whole boarding process will become so much more relaxed and stress free when the assigned seating kicks in, as there will not be a stampede for the gate once the annoucement starts.

For me flying ex Belfast this is the distinct difference between EI and EZY and I find the EI experience so much more relaxed and pleasurable than the currrent EZY one.

EI-BUD

paully
6th Sep 2012, 09:11
I have no doubt tht this has been thought through, and whilst it will affect a few plus Card holders, the very concept will drive more pax towards Easyjet than the previous `herd stampede` ever did. All to do with yields and suchlike. :ok:

pee
6th Sep 2012, 10:02
Sounds good to me. Unfortunately Easy has almost abandoned Scandinavia, with the exception of a few routes to Copenhagen and one to Arlanda.
By the way, are there any plans to return to Finland? Pax might be slow to react here, but the flights were discontinued simply at too early stage to become popular.

davidjohnson6
6th Sep 2012, 15:19
By the way, are there any plans to return to Finland? Pax might be slow to react here, but the flights were discontinued simply at too early stage to become popular.My understanding is that Easyjet ran a London Gatwick-Helsinki route from 03 November 2008 to 22 June 2011
I believe the announcement of the route being cancelled was sometime in spring 2011

I admit to being disappointed that this route was cancelled as I'd been hoping to make use of it later in 2011, but if after two years a route can't establish itself as giving a good return on costs and capital deployed, then it's difficult to blame Easyjet for discontinuing the route

On a separate note, are Easyjet dropping their Lisbon-Barcelona and Stansted-Barcelona route effective Sunday 24 March 2013 ? Ignoring routes touching Berlin with the associated uncertainty as to whether the new airport will be open or not, STN-BCN and LIS-BCN are the only routes across the network that are not on sale beyond this date

Airbourne-Adamski
6th Sep 2012, 16:17
I see several people saying going allocated seating is a step backwards. But after seeing the results from the customers from surveys they completed after a allocated flt plus other surveys the results CLEARLY speak for themselves on what pax want, and how much more likely they are to travel with easyJet rather than other major carriers if we have allocated seating.

ReallyAnnoyed
6th Sep 2012, 16:51
Davidjohnson, the German press is hinting that the BBI will open in October 2013 instead of March now and some are speculating that this date will slip as well. However, it is only speculation.

For easyJet customers, the difference in location is not that great as the SXF terminals are just to the north of the runway opposed the terminals of BBI being just south of the (northerly) runway. However, the airline may postpone any capacity increase (if any) until the Tegel passengers are forced down south to BBI anyway.

OltonPete
6th Sep 2012, 16:52
Monthly traffic statistics - easyJet plc (http://corporate.easyjet.com/investors/monthly-traffic-statistics/2012/august.aspx?sc_lang=en)

Passengers up 6% but load factor down 0.5%

I trust the next summers schedule will be a staggered release as per previous years?

Skipness One Echo
7th Sep 2012, 01:37
Am I right that unless I pay the £3, I just get any old random seat at check in and have no ability to select from what's left? That's not great, caught me out on the LTN-GLA trial.

EcamSurprise
7th Sep 2012, 02:02
Am I right that unless I pay the £3, I just get any old random seat at check in and have no ability to select from what's left? That's not great, caught me out on the LTN-GLA trial.

Yes, I think so.

Unless
a) You're good at chatting up the girls at check in?
b) You have a Plus card, in which all seat selections are free

Welsh Bobby
7th Sep 2012, 07:05
Hi- can anyone tell me when the summer 13(July/August) flights go on sale and what UK bases will fly to LCA?

irishlad06
7th Sep 2012, 08:29
Yea that's it, they r going down the route of JET 2 where when u check in online it automatically put u into a seat which u can only change for a price, albeit a bit lower for choice of seat than jet 2.

Welsh Bobby
7th Sep 2012, 13:37
Thanks EcamSurprise. Looks as if only going as far as mid June at the mo?

Airbourne-Adamski
10th Sep 2012, 16:13
Press announcement,

Thomas Cook 'agrees easyJet deal'

(UKPA) – 1 day ago

Beleaguered holiday firm Thomas Cook has reportedly signed a deal to book thousands of seats on flights run by low-cost carrier easyJet.

The UK's second-biggest travel company will use the easyJet seats as part of its package holidays for next summer, the Sunday Times said.

The tie-up, which could reportedly be announced this week, will cover about 80,000 trips, representing 3% of Thomas Cook's capacity.

The group, which was recently forced to turn to its banks for an additional £200 million of loans, has scaled back the size of its own airline in the past year as it moves to slash costs.

While it is thought to be the first time that easyJet has sold seats wholesale to another company, Thomas Cook has regularly worked with other airlines, such as Monarch.

The group was plunged into crisis in November after it turned to its lenders for help, sparking fears of a collapse, and recently appointed former Premier Farnell boss Harriet Green to lead its turnaround as its chief executive.

Thomas Cook has so far sold part of its aircraft fleet, five Spanish hotels and its Indian arm as part of the strategy to reduce its £1 billion debt mountain.

Ms Green is currently undertaking a review of the business that is likely to lead to a broad overhaul - but the outcome will not be known until next year.

Developments at easyJet have been overshadowed in recent months by various spats between the airline's founder, Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, and its directors.

Last month, easyJet fended off Sir Stelios's attempt to oust its chairman Sir Michael Rake, who is also deputy chairman of Barclays, after it failed to win the support of the majority of shareholders. Earlier this year, Sir Stelios was also defeated in his attempt to throw out a multimillion-pound pay deal for executives.

goldeneye
10th Sep 2012, 17:38
I think this with TC is a good thing, guaranteed seats sold for EZY, TC win by not having to comit there own aircraft.

Saint Gallen
12th Sep 2012, 12:07
Just booked a few flights for NCL and LPL next year with allocated seating. All flights had no seats booked.. was I the first in history? Anyway paid my dues and looking fwd to no stampede! Still cheaper than the majors!!

daninLTN
12th Sep 2012, 19:36
Saw a Virgin branded car parked outside tthe easy hangar today on my way to work. Made me wonder if this has anything to do with the rumours of the Virgin domestic flights operated by U2 ??

GLIDERMAN
13th Sep 2012, 14:46
Anyone any idea,when easy are likely to load the July & August 2013 flights?

FurbleFawks
25th Sep 2012, 02:35
Interesting one this:

It seems easyjetusa.com has been registered and I've done a bit of a WHOIS on it and I can see it is registered by the same corporate domains company as easyjet.com.

Over on a.net they seem to be speculating if easyjet could buy someone like Allegiant, spirit and startup in the USA or more likely, I think that maybe they be the first main "LCC" to start flying transatlantic other than the occasional one from Jet2? (maybe even for Thomas Cook!)

... I suppose we can only keep our eyes peeled. It could just be them protecting the URL just in-case, eh?

Airbourne-Adamski
25th Sep 2012, 17:17
Interesting. So the web name is from easyJet rather than easy group.

As we know stellios registered easyatlantic some time ago but that is through easy group.

Very interesting, so now the question is what's the reason behind easyjetusa

Ivor Fynn
25th Sep 2012, 18:54
I think you will find they belong to easygroup not easyjet.

easyflyer83
26th Sep 2012, 00:40
I too have seen the forum thread on the other website. Interesting and there is no reason why the model shouldn't work across the pond. There could however be absolutely nothing to the rumour.

As for transatlantic/long haul. I do honestly believe a time will come when Easy will go long haul, they are on the crest of long haul already with SSH, AMM etc, but I don't see it in the short/mid term.

It would be nice to be proved wrong.

goldeneye
1st Oct 2012, 16:54
I've got the Easyjet app on my phone, they are showing Reykjavik as a route from EDI but does not pull back any results. When you check it from KEF it's also shows routes to MAN. It's not on the website, could it be a new route for those extra aircraft ? or just a glitch.

DomyDom
2nd Oct 2012, 06:13
easyflyer83,

Is there any further news on the new MAN routes and when they are likley to go on sale? Thanks, DomyDom

fa2fi
2nd Oct 2012, 06:30
It's often a glitch when a new route is announced. In the past a new route would default to KEF. However once announced the correct route would be displayed and the link to KEF would vanish. Jet2 have just announced EDI-KEF. Can't see there being enough demand for two airlines.

Bartek
2nd Oct 2012, 06:40
Jet2 didn't announce a scheduled EDI-KEF route, merely a 'Discovery Weekend' one-off flight taking place in May.

Iceland Express operates a short summer series between KEF and EDI, though I'm not certain if their 2013 plans have been finalised as yet.

EDI is expecting in the region of 5 new easyJet destinations to be announced at some point in October.

BHD2BFS
2nd Oct 2012, 09:10
Any news/ rumours whether BFS will have any new destinations for next year?

DomyDom
2nd Oct 2012, 17:46
New routes announcement imminent. Can't really say too much as I'm having to watch what I say on here.

Thanks easyflyer83, I understand. Things appear very positive though.:)

Larrylaz
2nd Oct 2012, 17:56
So, what routes would these be flyer83?

davidjohnson6
2nd Oct 2012, 18:13
I've been having a play with the new 'Inspire Me' section on the Easyjet website, and keep coming to the conclusion that it's got some fancy (but far too busy) graphics designed by some web developer who thinks he should be working for Pixar on an animation film, but in terms of effective use for the person who is thinking of pulling out their credit card is not actually that useful.

In particular, there's very little capacity to search carefully for something that might be useful
No way to enter specific dates or ranges of dates, besides "Spring/Summer"
No way to enter "out on Saturday, back on Sunday" - can only choose a 3 day weekend
Can't choose "All airports in London" - can specify only Gatwick, or Luton, etc...
Can't specify that you want a morning / afternoon / evening flight for outbound / return
Can't identify particular cities of interest (besides the very generic 'Nightlife' or 'Culture' icons)
Can't choose anything based on climate
Can't mix+match airports - e.g. out to Verona, back from Venice.
When drilling down to a specific destination, cannot see round trip prices for a range of dates

The main impression is that it's a bit like those ads in the weekend papers full of "Fly to destination XXX from £almost nothing" statements. Yes, the price is valid, but it's never what you actually want, and requires a lot more time digging around to find something given your own personal situation - e.g. can't go on the weekend of 10 June because it's Mum's birthday.

The result is that you end up being shown a picture of magical gold at the end of the rainbow, in the full knowledge that it is completely and utterly unobtainable, all the time while being surrounded by a long abandoned factory on some grim industrial site.

It all seems like something that someone in marketing has dreamt up to look cool and something they can boast about, but it's not actually that useful for searching for trips in a way that gives back concise and highly relevant search results. Skyscanner on the other hand have gone for a style that gives greater capacity to find the trips that might really be of interest.

As an alternate example, when using Google, imagine the website that you were looking for was actually on page 17 of the results, and that you had to read through 16 pages of garbage before you found anything useful.

Behind the scenes, any search for a trip is likely just a bit of SQL. (Note - SQL stands for 'Structured Query Language and is the dominant programming language on commercial database software systems)
Yes, adding more parameters makes the entry form longer, but search in a non-specific way and you get back large amounts of garbage that causes punters' eyes to glaze over. Search with specific parameters, and you get back much more relevant information.

The only thing in favour of the marketing people at Easyjet, is that the 'Inspire Me' section on their website is nothing more than a marketing tool, and that Easyjet knows they make profits out of people who can't be bothered to spend a lot of time searching for a cheap flight at a useful time and will instead get bored and give up early and settle for either paying a higher fare at a peak time or a lower fare at an off-peak time instead.

I don't know what specific technology Easyjet have running their systems, but surely their developers are capable of something better than this ?

easyflyer83
2nd Oct 2012, 21:37
I've had a play on it. It's not flawless. I noticed some missing routes. It could be better but I think the whole aim of it is to highlight the destinations and route map, hence the destination guides and the 'inspire me' tagline. It's not really for searching for particular flights, afterall, that's what the flight search engine is for. Perhaps taking away the from price element would make it more coherent and not blur the actual use of the application. I.e to inspire.

johnnychips
2nd Oct 2012, 22:37
Tried it from Manchester for flights during the winter. It threw up a lot of interesting destinations at random dates. But because I presume it chooses the cheapest fares, my impression was, 'crap, I'd have to stay in a hotel the night before' or 'crap, I'd have to stay in a hotel when I get back'. This wouldn't apply to car drivers, though it does imply a lot of middle of the night set-offs or arrivals back, even if you live near Manchester, unless you can get dropped off by a mate or taxi.

easyflyer83
3rd Oct 2012, 03:22
Typical departures first wave departures are 0600-0730 as usual and in the winter the vast majority of the aircraft are home and dry by midnight.

pee
3rd Oct 2012, 08:56
Some very impressive performance data from EZY, raising its profit guidance. Congratulations!

Monty Gordo
3rd Oct 2012, 09:31
Slightly off-topic but as Easyjet's profit guidance has been mentioned, apart from dividend payouts are their any 'perks' through holding Easyjet shares? Does holding shares offer any form of priority boarding or the option of dividend reinvestment in shares. Anyone know?

sunday8pm
3rd Oct 2012, 09:39
What likelihood of EZY returning to EMA with 4/5 aircraft?

racedo
3rd Oct 2012, 10:31
Slightly off-topic but as Easyjet's profit guidance has been mentioned, apart from dividend payouts are their any 'perks' through holding Easyjet shares? Does holding shares offer any form of priority boarding or the option of dividend reinvestment in shares. Anyone know?

In a word No and that goes for Ryanair as well.

Easyjet have paid 1 dividend and there has been no indication if they will ever pay another one.

The issue with Airline shares is that events which have nothing to do with the company can drive the share price down quickly and there is nothing they can do about it..................911 or Volcano etc etc.

The rick element is significant on Airline stocks and provided you can afford to lose the money you invested or you have a balance in your share portfolio then it should theoretically be ok.

(I am not a financial adviser nor is PPrune a financial advice site so anything stated is my opinion solely and FSA recommends you should take financial advice from a registered financial adviser before investing.)

BHX5DME
3rd Oct 2012, 12:21
What likelihood of EZY returning to EMA with 4/5 aircraft?

I would think and hope that they are serious looking at setting up at BHX, they start BFS later this month and rumours about EDI when their new based aircraft are in place.
There are lots of opportunities for EZY at BHX.

ATNotts
3rd Oct 2012, 17:43
Sunday8pm

What likelihood of EZY returning to EMA with 4/5 aircraft

Something between not very high, and slightly less than that I would have thought.

If they had any intentions in that direction the time to have done it would have surely been pronto after the BMI Baby closure had been announced. Could say the same about BHX too, but the chances there are probably slightly, and only slightly higher.

Powerjet1
4th Oct 2012, 11:01
As suggested, EDI & MAN to KEF from March , twice wkly. LTN increasing to 4 wkly.

GLIDERMAN
4th Oct 2012, 11:10
All summer 2013 flights now loaded for booking! :)

chaps2011
4th Oct 2012, 16:11
So Manchester isn`t getting it`s 7th aircraft! not so sure about that

Ian

DomyDom
4th Oct 2012, 17:15
easyflyer, good to see MAN-KEF and the return of some existing interesting routes for summer 2013. If a 7th A/C is coming to MAN then some more routes are likely to be in the pipeline? Am I correct?:confused:

FRatSTN
4th Oct 2012, 20:38
Can't believe they are cutting back again at Stansted. Seems now Alicante will no longer be served from 17 June 2013 as well as Barcelona ending on January 6. Why would they cancel 2 of the most popular sun routes that they offer??

It's outrageous what they are doing at Stansted. How they can see more benefits flying these routes from Southend instead of Stansted is beyond me. I'd understand if a few frequency cuts were made on duplicate routes at Southend to operate them alongside Stansted, but completely axing popular destinations like Faro, Fuerteventura, Madeira and now Barcelona and Alicante from Stansted and not replacing them with anything new is rediculous!

BAA will sell Stansted fairly soon anyway and almost certainly by next summer. At this point they should be looking very closely at possible growth opportunities and preparing to build good relationships with the new owners from the start. Instead they decide it's the best option to cut back in time for their takeover in favour of rival airports. That's not really a very good first impression at all nor is it showing many signs of commitment to the airport! This could be a huge disadvantage to EasyJet and I hope that if they really do carry out these further cuts, that they deeply regret it!!!

GnRdL
4th Oct 2012, 21:00
dropping ALC-STN? crazy... :yuk:

FRatSTN
4th Oct 2012, 21:11
Isn't it just. Wouldn't surprise me now if Malaga and Palma were to be dropped the way it's going. Never thought anything like this would bother me so much but I'm fuming! I can only hope they put up more flights in due course, but can't see much chance of it to be honest!

Tagron
4th Oct 2012, 21:43
If I had to take a guess at the reason for dropping STN-BCN and STN-ALC I would suggest it is not unconnected with events at LGW, where BA next summer are introducing 3 flights per day to both BCN and ALC. In other words a whole lot of extra capacity in the Spanish resorts market.

SEN has not come off unscathed either. There are reductions in frequency to ALC, BCN and AGP, the aircraft instead being used for the new VCE service.

FRatSTN
4th Oct 2012, 22:33
If BA are introducing 3 daily flights to BCN and ALC from Gatwick then why haven't they cut the services from Gatwick? Why would Stansted suffer a complete loss of those routes because of that? EasyJet are competitive enough to maintain capacity to both ALC and BCN from all their London airports despite BA's move.

You may say that they wouldn't cut Gatwick because they'd reduce their share of passengers on the route, but axing Stansted flights gives it soley to Ryanair, who is a much bigger rival than BA to EasyJet. If BA were to drop/reduce those routes in the future, then EasyJet would have a hard time regaining those passengers it's lost to Ryanair.

I very much doubt they'd give in to Ryanair at Stansted because of 3 new daily flights with BA from Gatwick. I'd say the two events are totally unrelated. Plus it doesn't explain why further frequency cuts have been made on other routes including Glasgow, Munich and Naples.

Tagron
4th Oct 2012, 23:12
I would have thought one answer is that LGW is easyJet's prime London base and presumably attracts the best yields, so protecting those yields may be the priority.
" Not Giving in " to Ryanair may not be high on the agenda. As regards the other route frequency reductions, yes, there does appear to be a pattern.

pamann
4th Oct 2012, 23:32
With EasyJet slowly chipping away at their Stansted routes surely this could pave the way for someone else to jump in and take over where they left off. Big mistake in my opinion as Stansted has a huge catchment area and is well established when compared to Southend. Great to leave the good folks who use Stansted with the choice of that penny pinching pile of rubbish known as RyanAir. Thanks EasyJet. :D

FR-
5th Oct 2012, 06:26
The reason is to allow LTN and STN to have less cross over of routes and pax.

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Oct 2012, 08:35
Just read easyJet to launch new routes to Iceland.

http://www.planetski.eu/news/4254

EI-BUD
5th Oct 2012, 11:57
Does anybody know when flights for September 2013 on Belfast Nice go on sale or become available to book?

j636
5th Oct 2012, 12:31
Think mosts airlines allow a 330 days advance bokking so would imagine by late November at the earliest.

22/04
5th Oct 2012, 12:56
Not sure about that large catchment for STN.

Where? NE London, East Anglia including Cambridge? From NE London other aiports can be accessed quite easily. Will be helped by Crossrail. They must protect Gatwick which has a really large catchment of the well heeled. LTN will have 50% more stands and has a MUCH better catchment too - Coventry and Corby to London including Bucks and Herts (well heeled). SEN novel but I suspect they have a good deal, still good for NE London and pensioners of the Essex Coast.

STN looks like the weakest link to me. If you have to consolidate it is the one to go.

CabinCrewe
6th Oct 2012, 11:30
Just read easyJet to launch new routes to Iceland
You mean you didnt read the many posts about it earlier ?;)

Monty Gordo
6th Oct 2012, 12:55
The mind boggles J636!!! I presume you mean booking and not bonking? That would be a first for an airline... More care in spelling please.

CabinCrewe
6th Oct 2012, 17:40
which was it, we now have three spelling variations booking, bonking and bokking ? Care with spelling definitely required....

Airbourne-Adamski
7th Oct 2012, 09:12
Just read easyJet to launch new routes to Iceland
You mean you didnt read the many posts about it earlier

Sorry folks for repeating, I missed the previous posts on this subject ;)

Ivor Fynn
9th Oct 2012, 07:34
New routes for MAN showing on the mobile app: Antalya, Santorini, Mykonos and Venice.

Ivor.

Cleared For A Coffee
9th Oct 2012, 08:56
Any new routes for LPL next summer?

wouldhave
9th Oct 2012, 10:09
How long would it normally take for routes which are showing on the mobile app to become available for sale? I think the Manchester - Mykonos route is one which will work very well especially with Thomson coming off the route next year.

easydan319
9th Oct 2012, 11:27
Also on App:

Edinburgh - Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Hamburg, Prague

PhilW1981
9th Oct 2012, 20:12
We need a MAN-Antalya flight for next May, was literally going to book Turkish Airlines via Istanbul this evening till I saw this thread. When do people think the flights will be available to book?

PhilW1981
9th Oct 2012, 20:40
Don't quote me but by the end of the week if not by Thursday I reckon.Thanks......;)

BAladdy
10th Oct 2012, 04:10
Also on App:

Edinburgh - Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Hamburg, Prague

No longer showing....

CabinCrewe
11th Oct 2012, 09:41
But now confirmed
BBC News - Easyjet to launch six new flights from Edinburgh (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-19908611)

mikkie4
11th Oct 2012, 10:42
any new flights from southend?

easydan319
11th Oct 2012, 14:03
Also Newcastle - Jersey starting. (Replacing Newcastle - Ibiza!)

So total new routes starting next summer announced this week:

Edinburgh - Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Hamburg, Prague and Reykjavik. Based aircraft going from 5 to 7 - 5x 319, 2x 320.

Manchester - Antalya, Mykonos, Reykjavik, Santorini and Venice. Based aircraft going from 6 to 7 - 2x 319, 5x 320.

Newcastle - Jersey

Routes being axed for next summer:

Newcastle - Ibiza

Stansted - Alicante (Barcelona and Tallinn announced a while ago. Based aircraft going from 9 to 8)

Liverpool - Fuerteventura (Brussels, Gibraltar, Malta and Tallinn announced a while ago. Based aircraft going from 9 to 7)

pabely
11th Oct 2012, 14:14
Easyjet going to order more jets soon, if they don't do this soon they will miss the boat to replace older airbuses?

PhilW1981
11th Oct 2012, 16:42
Thanks for the heads up, the MAN - Antalya flights went on sale this morning, saved ourselves £125 each and avoided an unwanted stop in Istanbul. :D

FRatSTN
11th Oct 2012, 17:26
The Stansted cuts are disgusting! Cutting from 13 to 8 aircraft, axing 6 routes with frequency cuts on many others and reducing the number of daily flights from about 50 to 30 in just 2 years is attrocious! These are worse than your usual Ryanair cuts and at least they give a reason for cuts like this. All EasyJet can say is that the catchment area overlaps with Southend. I'm sorry but I don't buy that, there is no way the 3 aircraft and 10 daily flights they now have at Southend damages Stansted this much! They have made alot more reductions at Stansted than what they've added to Southend so to say they now serve a greater area of London is a load of crap, because they have made it more difficult for Londoners to get to their departure point since Stansted's much more accessible than Southend and overall are less flights and destinations than there were in 2011!

I will without doubt be writing to easyJet (again!) telling them what a mistake they are making and how disgraceful the current situation regarding their Stansted flights is! I expect it not to make the slightest bit of difference but all we need is more people getting their point across directly to EasyJet who feel remotely the same way (which believe me there will be hundreds of thousands if not in the millions) then, they may begin to take a bit of notice!!!

davidjohnson6
11th Oct 2012, 17:33
FRatSTN - why the outrage ?

Stansted is owned and managed by a private company. Easyjet is also a private company. There is no obligation on either airport or airline for particular routes to be served at any level of frequency. Both BAA (and whoever buys STN) and Easyjet exist to make the greatest return for shareholders.

If there are more people willing to pay more money to fly between other cities, then Easyjet are probably achieving a social good by fulfilling that need. Ryanair play exactly the same game

As an example, to Barcelona, exlcuding the Easyjet daily route to Stansted:
From East Midlands, Ryanair fly daily
From Birmingham, Monarch fly 4x per week
From Southend, Easyjet fly daily
From Stansted, Ryanair fly 2x daily
From London City, BA fly daily
From Luton, Easyjet fly daily
From Gatwick, Monarch fly 10x per week, Easyjet fly 6x daily
From Heathrow, BA fly 9x daily
From Leeds, Ryanair fly 3x per week, Jet2 fly 5x per week

Total excluding Easyjet from STN = 24 flights per day to Barcelona or about 3,600 seats per day, ignoring airports which do not overlap with Stansted's catchment area. If another EU airline wants to fly between Stansted and Barcelona, or Ryanair wish to increase the frequency, there's relatively little stopping them from doing so - i.e. barriers to entry are low.

Given the above, it seems like people living in Stansted's catchment area have plenty of choice about how to travel to Barcelona, likely leading to competitive prices and on some routes, less than brilliant profit margins.

FRatSTN
11th Oct 2012, 19:08
Stansted serves London, which nobody needs to be told that it's huge for inbound tourism as well as outbound. With that in mind, whatever alternatives there are at Birmingham, East Midlands or Leeds, they're going to be of virtually no interest to people wh currently use Stansted as their gateway to London or indeed their local airport to fly outbound from!

Load factors are about 80% on average for all Stansted flights and EasyJet alone will be very close if not exceeding that level by being one of the best performers in terms of LF at Stansted. People will not pay any more to fly from cities like Manchester, Birmingham or Edinburgh than they would from London-Stansted.

There is no way that there is a lack of people wanting to fly the Stansted routes. If that were the case then EasyJet would have been cutting back years ago. It's also evident that competition isn't the reason either. They have always had Ryanair with a much stronger presence at Stansted alongside them and they put up with BA and the charter/leisure airlines like Thomson and Monarch (who between them offer quite similar routes) from their largest base at Gatwick.

I know damn well why they are doing it! It's because they are doing everything they can to get the very best out of their new Southend base. That is why these cuts suddenly started when they announced this new base and is why the key destinations like Alicante, Barcelona and Faro are getting the axe from Stansted, because EZY now fly them from Southend. EasyJet could regularly fly these routes from both airports and planes would be highly filled and both would bring good profit, it's just easyJet are trying to make their new Southend base look a stunner to attract public and media attention and the way to do that is to downgrade it's biggest rival airport and reduce it from competition. That's why Fuerteventura and Tallinn have now moved to Gatwick, because Gatwick is less of a threat to Southend's performance.

Aero Mad
11th Oct 2012, 19:14
All EasyJet can say is that the catchment area overlaps with Southend. I'm sorry but I don't buy that, there is no way the 3 aircraft and 10 daily flights they now have at Southend damages Stansted this much!

I know damn well why they are doing it! It's because they are doing everything they can to get the very best out of their new Southend base

Contradiction? You should iron out your argument before drafting that letter to them. Bear in mind that they wouldn't want to destroy their Stansted base just to help Southend - they'd probably only lose money via that strategy. What you'll probably find is that these cuts are temporary and they will want to come back to STN after a new owner emerges; then they can get lower charges/fees and make more profit.

FRatSTN
11th Oct 2012, 19:31
No not a contradiction. I'm disregarding the former quote saying it's complete rubbish. I don't believe Southend damages Stansted one bit, I think it's more the case that easyJet fear it's the other way around which is why they are cutting back! They would also not lose money by doing this because they can grow in different markets like Bristol and of course Edinburgh and Manchester as we've seen today!

I hope the move is temporary and if Stansted's new owners do lower fees then I dare say EasyJet will be back in adding more flights, but at the same time, may be EasyJet won't be that bothered as it would have sort have "moved on" by this time. It's also puzzeling why they are cutting back again at a time when the new owners will be in control (which will be early next year, BAA certainly won't have Stansted in June when one aircraft will be pulled out). Why would they have already made further cuts when there is a good chance of a better relationship with Stansted after the change of ownership? Either they believe it will make no difference or they have no commitment to providing a long term, growing operation at Stansted.

pabely
11th Oct 2012, 19:43
Isn't it simple ecomonics, Southend offer xyz price over the next x years and stansted cannot. Once stansted moves on, it can once again pull EZY back into the fold?

JonEMA
11th Oct 2012, 21:42
Or perhaps they feared Ryanair would get too much influence via a shareholding of some description.

My guess is Ferrovial have ruled out Ryanair as a bidder in an attempt to stop any more defections......

few@two
11th Oct 2012, 22:29
It's simple economics

It's all about revenue. If ezy can make more money flying another route they will continent or uk based. Stn flights can be as full as you like but you can have a full flight making no money. Therefore you stop operating it. This is a major prob in stn due airport operating costs.

apaul
12th Oct 2012, 06:11
Southend is largely a sideshow and the role of Gatwick is a lot more significant in drawing airlines away. EasyJet started cutting back at Stansted before opening a base at Southend and other airlines have also cutback or closed at Stansted. In Britain easyJet obviously sees the best prospects at Gatwick, Manchester, Edinburgh and to a degree Bristol. They will get expansion. Stansted and Liverpool are likely to get cuts.

FRatSTN
12th Oct 2012, 07:48
That's a point! Hopefull it was Ryanair's plan to take a 25% stake in Stansted that made them cut those extra flights but Ryanair have withdrawn from the sale process but I doubt it will make any difference now. If the removal of aircraft 9 was because of that then EZY were far to quick to judge and have made an unneccessary cut back if that were the case. We will see what happens in summer 2014 when the BAA sale is well out of the way and the new owners have had a chance to make some changes!

racedo
12th Oct 2012, 08:29
Or perhaps they feared Ryanair would get too much influence via a shareholding of some description.

I very much doubt that had any impact as who has more impact on a company..........a minority shareholder or someone doing 75% of the business with it.

Doors to Automatic
12th Oct 2012, 12:11
Load factors are about 80% on average for all Stansted

Meaningless. Load factors (even of 100%)are no use whatsoever if everyone is paying 50p for their seat.

Fewer people seem to understand this concept than the difference between debt and deficit! :ugh:

FRatSTN
12th Oct 2012, 13:10
The load factor is important just to show evidence that people do want to fly on the Stansted routes, proving that it IS NOT the case that people don't want to fly from Stansted or that they are willing to pay any more to fly from other airports/cities so it's very unlikely that passenger demand is the reason for these cut backs!

Doors to Automatic
12th Oct 2012, 16:01
People will fly from the Outer Hebrides if the seats are cheap enough but that doesn't mean that the route is profitable. Easyjet would not be redeploying aircraft if they were making money.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
12th Oct 2012, 16:06
Given the background of Stelios' refusal to endorse the ordering of additional aircraft, it may well be that although the STN operation is profitable, higher profits can be made elsewhere on the network.

OLY1B

EZY7117LPL
12th Oct 2012, 18:22
"Southend is largely a sideshow and the role of Gatwick is a lot more significant in drawing airlines away. EasyJet started cutting back at Stansted before opening a base at Southend and other airlines have also cutback or closed at Stansted. In Britain easyJet obviously sees the best prospects at Gatwick, Manchester, Edinburgh and to a degree Bristol. They will get expansion. Stansted and Liverpool are likely to get cuts."

Its interesting to see that the airports where easyJet see their prospects - Gatwick, Manchester, Edinburgh and Bristol are places where Ryanair have less of a presence. Compared to the airports where Ryanair have a large presence Stansted ,Liverpool(an exception to the rule), Birmingham and East Midlands etc where easyJet are either cutting back or have a very little service or nothing. However Liverpool is an exception as easyJet are of a reasonably large size and will be fairly stagnant there and easyJet and Ryanair seem to get on quite well here.

JonEMA
12th Oct 2012, 19:41
EasyJet are making big noises about servicing more business passengers in future and therefore one thing they would want to do is differentiate itself from Ryanair . In my opinion, had Ryanair been allowed to be part of the new owner set-up their influence would have seen STN ripped apart and stripped to the bone to achieve the minimum cost per passenger possible in true O'leary styleeeee.......airports are an unnecessary evil in his eyes....

Now that Ferrovial have ruled them out of the equation it will be interesting to see how things develop . MAG are desperate to get their hands on STN having missed out on Gatwick and their are others in mix. I just hope the new buyers play this long and realize Ryanair are part of the problem and not part of the solution to make STN the world class airport it was designed to be.

Double FR's charges I say.....and give them some of their own medicine .....after all, where else can they go ...?.......if they throw their toys out the pram and up sticks then at least STN rids itself of the very thing that will prevent growth when the economic wind changes direction....as it surely will.....

FRatSTN
12th Oct 2012, 20:30
I can somewhat see your point but any owner would be immensely stupid to step in and destroy what Stansted has achieved with Ryanair. Remember EasyJet have more from Gatwick than Ryanair does from Stansted nowadays so their is still the potential for the new owners to diversify the presence of airlines at Stansted without harming Ryanair. On that note, must be careful not to go off topic, since this is an EasyJet thread after all!

Buster the Bear
12th Oct 2012, 20:34
For the last time it is

easyJet

Not

Easyjet

racedo
12th Oct 2012, 21:55
For the last time it is

easyJet

Not

Easyjet

Have a look at thread title :rolleyes:

davidjohnson6
12th Oct 2012, 23:48
Buster - some of us still rely on the English grammar wot woz taught at school. Proper nouns have an initial capital letter, with all other letters at least in the first word either entirely lower case or, if particular emphasis is needed, entirely upper case. Just because someone in corporate marketing has dreamt up a variant of English grammar involving an unusual mix of upper and lower case does not mean the rules of English grammar should be ignored in polite company.

peppo_8787
13th Oct 2012, 00:08
EDI-PRG from 21 March -2-45-7
EDI-HAM from 21 March 1--45-7
EDI-SXF from 21 March -2-4-6-
EDI-CPH from 21 March 1--45-7
EDI-DBV from 7 May -2---6-

MAN-VCE from 14 February -2-4-6-
MAN-AYT from 26 March -2--5--
MAN-JMK from 20 April --3--6-
MAN-JTR from 15 May --3----

Mr A Tis
13th Oct 2012, 09:37
Any EZY web experts here? I booked a flight months ago for December. Had the e-mail now saying it's allocated seating.
Been on to manage my booking & it won't accept a seat reservation even though it invites me to do so.
The 5p a minute scam line just goes onto hold & no one answers.
So, can someone either enlighten me or PM me an e-mail or contact info.Thanks.

ezycrew
13th Oct 2012, 09:48
Is your flight within the next 30 days as you can only check in 30 days before departure now.

Mr A Tis
13th Oct 2012, 10:16
No I don't want to check in yet (Dec 28th flt) It keeps asking me do I want to reserve a seat, & yes I would. However, Manage my booking will only proceed if I click no I don't want a seat reservation.

The e-mail from easy also says I can choose a seat NOW, before I check in.

If I do a new dummy booking for the same day - then yes I can choose a seat from the plan.
Bonkers if you ask me.

Maybe the new title should be UneasyJet ?

Fairdealfrank
13th Oct 2012, 12:38
Quote: "For the last time it is

easyJet

Not

Easyjet "

Pedants' corner?

Quote: "Buster - some of us still rely on the English grammar wot woz taught at school. Proper nouns have an initial capital letter, with all other letters at least in the first word either entirely lower case or, if particular emphasis is needed, entirely upper case. Just because someone in corporate marketing has dreamt up a variant of English grammar involving an unusual mix of upper and lower case does not mean the rules of English grammar should be ignored in polite company."

Quite right.

The African Dude
13th Oct 2012, 15:15
Actually, since we're being pedantic - it's a trademark, just like LONDON DEVELOPMENT AGENCY. I don't see anybody here arguing that LONDON 2012 should have been in small case after the 'L' when broadcast on TV.

'Experts' :rolleyes:

Artic Monkey
13th Oct 2012, 15:37
Why are people even giving a sh** whether someone used a capital E or a lower case f, or r or p or whatever else the letters are? Have you nothing better to do? Seriously.

Saint Gallen
13th Oct 2012, 16:45
See my post earlier in Sept. Booked the seats with no problem on first booking. Maybe all the priced seats have gone so you get a random selection. Could be just it's the weekend when all things tech go t**s up!! Couldn't access my online banking nor my regional newspaper today. :(

Stone Cold II
13th Oct 2012, 17:34
I have lost 5 days sleep over the fact that a E has been used instead of a e. it's very very important. :rolleyes:

Fairdealfrank
14th Oct 2012, 00:24
Yeah, me too.

paully
14th Oct 2012, 07:19
Absolutely..........havent slept a wink

VentureGo
14th Oct 2012, 08:30
I have lost 5 days sleep over the fact that a E has been used instead of a e. it's very very important

That should be an e or an E - Hope you don't have further sleepless nights!

(Both are correct as Easy would be correct grammatically but this is stylised as easyJet for use as a brand and trademark!)

Let's move on!.....

Stone Cold II
14th Oct 2012, 09:48
Damn it. That's it I can't take no more. I'm turning to drink!

Falcon666
14th Oct 2012, 10:12
Stone cold II
Better go easy---- or is it Easy --- on the drink
Sorry couldn't resist

KNT544
14th Oct 2012, 10:52
Bizarre that I cant see anything past page 146 using MSIE.

farci
15th Oct 2012, 10:05
Why are people even giving a sh** whether someone used a capital E or a lower case f, or r or p or whatever else the letters are? Have you nothing better to do? Seriously. 13th Oct 2012 16:15Calm down. dear!! Anyway - how do you spell the polar region - 'Artic' or 'Arctic' ?
Just asking :oh:

RAT 5
15th Oct 2012, 13:10
'Artic' or 'Arctic'

Artic is a bendy lorry, isn't it?

one post only!
15th Oct 2012, 15:48
Is that where penguins live? Or is that the Antartic? Or is it the Antarctic. Sorry I mean antArctic Ltd.

easy
15th Oct 2012, 19:07
.com ;). .

StoneyBridge Radar
15th Oct 2012, 19:19
Well done guys; over a page of purile, worthless, anally retentive crap.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Anyone got anything of value to post about easyJet ?

TartinTon
15th Oct 2012, 20:31
8th aircraft for MAN due to be announced shortly from what I hear. Any idea of the routes?

Artic Monkey
15th Oct 2012, 22:16
Calm down. dear!! Anyway - how do you spell the polar region - 'Artic' or 'Arctic' ?
Just asking :oh:

The same as everyone else - Arctic, but my username is spelt that way for a reason. Have a nice day.

TartinTon

I haven't heard anything about the routes, I just wonder if they'll start going head to head with flybe on more domestic routes.

IOMspotter
17th Oct 2012, 16:18
Theres some rumours over here of MAN IOM 2x daily.:confused:

Mr A Tis
17th Oct 2012, 16:29
Certainly possible to squeeze short hops in like that one. However, I'd say multiple MAN-LGW is much more likely. Although point to point, I'd bet many would chance a connection to the huge EZY Gatwick network.

pabely
17th Oct 2012, 16:45
I thought they had already put on record about IOM MAN (or maybe from my contacts)? If LGW is a sucess MAN will be next for IOM.
Just need to make sure not 3 x 319 on the ground at same time at IOM, security and downstairs holding would not cope!

The Flying Cokeman
24th Oct 2012, 18:06
It is official:

Passengers To Benefit From More Choice In Flights From London To Moscow | CAA Newsroom | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=14&pagetype=65&appid=7&mode=detail&nid=2186)

vulcanised
24th Oct 2012, 19:40
Another angle on it Budget carrier easyJet wins London to Moscow route - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/budget-carrier-easyjet-wins-london-moscow-route-180855910--finance.html)

EI-BUD
24th Oct 2012, 22:06
So another new destination by easyJet??

Appearing in the drop down on the booking engine, no destinations listed...

paully
24th Oct 2012, 22:35
Wow, Ivalo, excited by this I am ...can imagine they must be queuing up in their thousands to fly there........err anybody know where it actually is????????

davidjohnson6
24th Oct 2012, 22:40
Northern Finland, beyond the Arctic circle, a place to go see the Aurora Borealis, and indulge in a bit of other winter stuff like husky sledging, skimobiling, reindeer rides, etc...

average-punter
24th Oct 2012, 23:04
Pretty sure they flew to Ivalo last winter so not new!

pee
25th Oct 2012, 06:58
Nothing new indeed, nevertheless it will be nice to see EZY in Finland again. But hey, welcome in Summer as well, Saimaa and other great lakes are probably even more beautiful ;)

Keyvon
25th Oct 2012, 08:01
EZY is not likely to coming back to Finland on a scheduled basis anytime soon.

They will just operate some charter flights from Manchester to Ivalo (Finnish Lapland) for Santa trips, like they did last winter.

These flights are chartered by Esprit Holidays.

easyflyer83
25th Oct 2012, 09:02
It's been operated the last 3 years.

edi_local
25th Oct 2012, 16:39
easyJet awarded rights to fly between London and Moscow | easyJet Blog (http://blog.easyjet.com/easyjet-awarded-rights-to-fly-between-london-and-moscow/)

Easyjet will start flights from LGW-DME from Spring 2013.

2 flights per day in each direction with what looks like turnarounds of over 1 hour in Moscow.

I think it's about time our low cost carriers moved in to the Russian market, at least so that fares can come down a bit on these routes!

insuindi
25th Oct 2012, 16:53
Interestingly, Easyjet is discussing its first Codeshare for the London-Moscow route, partner: Transaero.

barry lloyd
25th Oct 2012, 16:55
1) Anything less than a 1-hour turnaround in Moscow would be a miracle.
2) It's one of the world's most expensive cities, so most of whatever traffic they pick up will be business rather than leisure. Typically a standard Russian tourist visa costs more than £100.
3) The Russian carriers on the route will compete strongly with the fares charged by easyJet and their overheads are significantly lower. (See post above)

Hardly the standard model for a LCC, but time will tell. I can imagine the groans amongst the crews when they find themselves rostered on that one!

WHBM
25th Oct 2012, 17:51
Surely the round trip is no more than a holiday charter from the UK to Greece/Turkey and back.

Yes Russian turnrounds can be long, but they do seem to have quite a bit to do. Sometimes you wonder what, but it's not as if the team are laying around. Don't forget that for several months of the year you maybe need to de-ice (which the Russians are normally quite efficient about) on departure.

I understand the joint agreement with Transaero is something that is fixed in the air service agreement between the two countries, and is a hangover from BMI days. Likewise BA still has some historic relationship with Aeroflot.

If the Easy cabin crew are on commission for duty-free sales of alcohol, then stock up on everything well beforehand and you will have NO difficulty finding volunteers for the trips !

eu01
25th Oct 2012, 17:59
Moscow [is] one of the world's most expensive cities, so most of whatever traffic they pick up will be business rather than leisure.
We Western Europeans tend to think of 'us' as passengers. Wrong! Think of Russians coming to Western Europe. Not only business pax, be sure.

davidjohnson6
25th Oct 2012, 18:07
Assuming Gatwick-Moscow is a success, what are the rules governing who can fly and at what weekly frequency either from London to St Petersburg, or from Manchester / Edinburgh to Russian airports ?

barry lloyd
25th Oct 2012, 18:37
We Western Europeans tend to think of 'us' as passengers. Wrong! Think of Russians coming to Western Europe. Not only business pax, be sure.

Well it's relatively easy for them to get a Schengen visa, but your Russian on the Moscow Metro has to fill in a 10-page document and go for an interview before the UK will grant them a visa:

UK Visa Information - Russia - Home Page (http://www.ukvac-ru.com/)
Given that the average Russian earns, at best, £1000 per month I can't them queueing up to come to the UK. They'll save their money to go to Turkey or Egypt where they have guaranteed sun! However, the tie-up with Transaero might allow group bookings. The internet is not that widespread in Russian homes.

davidjohnson6:

I believe Aeroflot will begin operating a MAN-DME service from March 2013.

eagle21
25th Oct 2012, 18:39
Linate-Fiumicino has just been awarded to easyJet

EI-BUD
25th Oct 2012, 19:45
Stansted getting a 320 and adding new routes to SOF RAK and SSH.

320 will be a swap for a 319, and an additional 319 being taken out of the base, AMS and BCN being withdrawn.

I think AMS and BCN already news...

FRatSTN
25th Oct 2012, 20:08
Where did you get that information from?? I see nothing on their website. Also do you mean ALC and BCN?? AMS is still available for booking and would be very surprised if they axed that route!

The Flying Cokeman
26th Oct 2012, 02:01
FRatSTN,

The route reductions at STN will be announced later today on the 26th but its BCN and ALC not AMS. Mentioned routes will stop in January and June 2013. New routes such as RAK and SSH -tickets will be available from 1st of November I believe.

FRatSTN
26th Oct 2012, 09:13
So lets get some things straight. At the moment, schedules are showing 9 A319's until June, until that reduces to 8 A319's for rest of the summer. Assuming this does happen, will Stansted have 7 or 8 A319's along side its new A320. So bascially are 2 A319's going and 1 A320 coming in or is just 1 A319 being swaped for an A320?

I must say I'm surprised with Sharm El Sheikh since they already fly there from both Gatwick and Luton.

The Flying Cokeman
26th Oct 2012, 09:45
One 319 will leave STN to go to SOU and one 319 will be replaced with a 320.

jdcg
26th Oct 2012, 09:50
Think you mean SEN not SOU ;)

FRatSTN
26th Oct 2012, 09:58
That would be SEN would have four aircraft. So are we expecting new routes from there as well then?

Mr A Tis
26th Oct 2012, 10:02
Has EZY ever considered Ostend as a destination ?
From the UK anywhere north of Brum would be a good short hop. Ostend in itself isn't a bad summer destination, but it has good rail connections to the rest of Europe.
Whilst our southern friends can enjoy a ferry or tunnel hop over the channel, from MAN, NCL or GLA nipping over the channel isn't so easy.
I have travelled with Laker (1-11) MAN-Ostend, but that was in 1975 :-) & took only 45 minutes.
A cheap quick link over the channel is what many northerners would like. In fact, I'm surprised RYR hasn't bagged this one.

Double Hydco
26th Oct 2012, 10:03
New routes have been mentioned on the Southend thread -

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/479388-southend-3-new-beginning-59.html

davidjohnson6
26th Oct 2012, 10:08
Around 2003 Ryanair flew to Ostend

Mr A Tis
26th Oct 2012, 10:13
Ah yes they did, RYR Ostend but to London (Stansted)only. Surely, it's the London pax that don't need a short hop over the channel. Add another 200-400 miles road journey (ie MAN, NCL,GLA) then an Ostend service would become more viable. Short hops can also be viable to dovetail into a schedule to maximise useage of the fleet & crews.

IrishFlyer2013
26th Oct 2012, 10:16
The new Stansted routes have been announced on the easyJet website.

Latest news - easyJet plc (http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2012/26-10-2012-en.aspx?sc_lang=en)

The Flying Cokeman
26th Oct 2012, 10:33
JDCG,

Haha yes you are right, was not quite awake yet after a long night flight but yes I did indeed mean SEN. :O

stluke
26th Oct 2012, 10:54
Anything official on a 4th A319 at Southend and possible routes?

The Flying Cokeman
26th Oct 2012, 11:25
stluke,

I am not sure if it has been mentioned before on this thread regarding new routes- but my internal email from the management has written this a few days ago regarding the 4th plane coming from STN to SEN:

"From 17 June 2013 we will move one aircraft from Stansted to Southend. This will enable us to fly to new destinations from Southend, such as Berlin and Krakow, as well as increase frequency on a number of routes."

Hopefully that will answer your question!?

Expressflight
26th Oct 2012, 13:09
Sometimes when you hear something on a confidential basis it pays to keep that confidence.

racedo
26th Oct 2012, 13:36
Sometimes when you hear something on a confidential basis it pays to keep that confidence.

Correct :D

EI-BUD
26th Oct 2012, 14:20

Hi there Expressflight, what was this referring to not sure I am following?

EI-BUD

FRatSTN
26th Oct 2012, 16:48
Going back to the new Stansted routes. The article says "easyJet’s 2013 Summer schedule (up to 8 Sept 2013) from Stansted Airport now features 1.7 million seats on 10,900 flights to 27 routes across Europe and North Africa".

Latest news - easyJet plc (http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2012/26-10-2012-en.aspx?sc_lang=en)

I only make it 24 routes with the new additions:

Amsterdam
Asturias
Belfast-International
Bilbao
Bodrum
Cagliari
Copenhagen
Dalaman
Dubrovnik
Edinburgh
Glasgow-International
Ibiza
Ljubljana
Lyon
Malaga
Marrakech
Munich
Naples
Nice
Palma de Mallorca
Prague
Sharm El Sheikh
Sofia
Split

Where have the other three come from?

CCFAIRPORT
26th Oct 2012, 23:09
NEW ROUTE FROM JUNE 2013

London-Southend (SEN) to Krakow (KRK)

Shed-on-a-Pole
6th Nov 2012, 11:53
I have today received an e.mail communication from the Emirates Skywards customer loyalty programme. It advises that EasyJet is enlisted as a new partner, and that Skyward loyalty points can now be redeemed for flights with EZY. EasyJet flights are available from a starting level of 7500 Skywards points for a short-haul one way flight. This option will certainly be very useful to me, and no doubt to many Emirates regulars based in Europe. In my case, I will now be able to redeem Emirates Skyward points on short-haul journeys ex-MAN ... that makes the accrual of Skywards points very worthwhile.

Seljuk22
11th Nov 2012, 08:06
October 2012

Passengers: 5,245,201 +6.2%
Load Factor: 88.4% -0.4pp
easyJet Passenger Statistics for October 2012 (http://otp.investis.com/generic/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=2&newsid=290907)

summer 2013
new: BSL-AYT + BSL-CTA each 2 weekly
BSL-SXF up to 5 daily

ReallyAnnoyed
11th Nov 2012, 10:05
From the spring, also SXF-SOF (and SXF-EDI, and SXF-SEN if no one mentioned that).

GayFriendly
11th Nov 2012, 23:15
Anyone know how pax figures are doing on this route? Would be just lovely to see a few more year round EZY routes into BHX - not a base as we all know that ain't gonna happen just a few more destinations that would be great!

AIRPORT66
12th Nov 2012, 09:11
I heard the pax numbers on the BHX to BFS are really good so it has been a big success for easyjet.

EI-BUD
12th Nov 2012, 09:13
Birmingham Belfast-

I'm hearing that the route launch has been a lot more successful early on in terms of numbers than Manchester was.

we will have to wait and see the stats to confirm that!

EI-BUD

AIRPORT66
12th Nov 2012, 10:53
I would say you are right they say some flights are flying nearly full sounds good maybe see an extra flight being put on on likes of mon,fri,sun.

GAZMO
12th Nov 2012, 17:13
Probably have to wait until start of summer 13 for the extra flights on Mon, Thurs, Fri and Sun. I am sure EZY are happy with the start

EI-BUD
13th Nov 2012, 07:09
Some major changes to airport descriptions appearing on easyJet website examples include...

Arlanda International , i.e. Stockholm.

Isle of Man listed as Ronaldsway.

Few more interesting ones too!!

EI-BUD

edi_local
13th Nov 2012, 07:40
Some major changes to airport descriptions appearing on easyJet website examples include...

Arlanda International , i.e. Stockholm.

Isle of Man listed as Ronaldsway.

Few more interesting ones too!!

EI-BUD

That seems to be more confusing now. If I type in "Stockholm" it returns nothing, I have to put ARN. Same if I attempt to put in "Isle of Man". Typing LJU also claims that Ljubljana is in the "Slovak Republic" and the system now thinks Dubrovnik is in the "Czech Republic".

I think it needs some fine tuning!

Jack1985
13th Nov 2012, 15:56
Any idea when Moscow will go on-sale? Also just wondering presuming most flights are full and expansion of the route by easyJet is pursued how would they go about getting a 3rd daily slot or are they just restricted to twice daily and that's there lot?

BusBoy
17th Nov 2012, 16:45
Heard that EZY will be opening a BHX base today. Any substance to this?
If so, any timescales? Summer '13? or is it too late for that?

EcamSurprise
17th Nov 2012, 16:53
Heard nothing at all... I doubt it for now.

A and C
17th Nov 2012, 17:46
EZY are moving out of LGW as they won't be able to compete with the red nose competition that is coming along next spring!

EcamSurprise
17th Nov 2012, 18:08
In their dreams..

cessna24
18th Nov 2012, 20:41
Red note competition?

chaps2011
18th Nov 2012, 21:06
Red nose, Norwegian!

cessna24
18th Nov 2012, 21:57
Oh ok.. Lets have more EZYs at STN!!! :-)

A and C
18th Nov 2012, 22:10
Sorry about that a slip of the finger in turbulence when using the on board WIFI

ben_keghead
20th Nov 2012, 06:59
Manchester to Moscow, Prague and Thessaloniki from Spring 2013 announced

EI-BUD
20th Nov 2012, 07:23
Record Profits reported this morning as expected, up 12% on last financial year. Approx £317M.