PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

paully
3rd Oct 2010, 15:36
From a self interest point of view I hope they do put on a Man - Gib route. The airport there is opening a huge new terminal next spring with a direct entry into Spain and needs far more than the present 25ish flights a week so would imagine EZY would be offered good terms to extend their useage.

ZB have put an extra flight on for next summer from Man...Loads are good as its becoming the first choice for more people using that end of the Costa..Will wait and see

wanna_be_there
3rd Oct 2010, 15:53
Also, GIB is a good entry point for cadiz and the costa, and an alternative to the busier airport of AGP.
Like you say, the only thing that lets GIB down is destination choice, and frequency.

compton3bravo
3rd Oct 2010, 19:19
Just a few observations and comments Paully and Wanna be there from a guy who lives not far from Gibraltar and uses the airport a few times a year to travel to and from the UK and crosses the border to go to Morrisons! Gibraltar has only a population of 30,000 - the Spanish do not use it on political and historic grounds. The Costa de Luz to the west of Gib is primarily a ´German´ area and world famous for its wind urfing etc. and also has a large hippy population. To the east this is where the bulk of the UK ex-pats live - some use Gib but a lot still prefer Malaga - mainly because of reliability. Gibraltar has a notorious microcosum of weather with winds and cloud which circulate round the rock. Gibraltar is a Captains only landing and there are quite a few diversions to Malaga. Also there has been a couple of high profile incidents in recent years when aircraft have tried to land in adverse weather conditions.
The new terminal should be ready by May 2011 but do not bank on it - as far as I am aware there will be no direct entry to and from Spain - you will still have to go through the present border control area. To put a further spanner in the works the Mayor of La Linea - the Spanish border town - is proposing to put a 5 Euro levy on tourists who travel between the rock and Spain citing that they go just through Lan Linea and do not spend any money in the town. The infrastrucure has been put in place even though the goverment in Madrid has told him not to do it as it is against the law to charge to go between one country and another.
I would like to see more flights into Gibraltar but I cannot see past a couple of extra weekly departures at the most. Sorry to be so pessimistic but going through the border can be a bit of a pain at times!

flap15
5th Oct 2010, 16:35
Cor has finaly gone. However Warwick Brady has been appointed Director of group operations. It was summed up by one pilot as like getting rid of Blair and getting Brown...

THE POINTY END
5th Oct 2010, 17:26
I heard he was sacked, but I guess you have to save face a little (jump before you're pushed). I do hope it isn't a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire. Had a number of years with Warwick in Ryanair and it wasn't the most pleasurable experience. He's a nice guy, but caught up in the FR circus, he played the game. I'll definitely give him a chance in EZY as they're two totally different airlines. I just hope he's an improvement on the muppet that's now gone.

airhumberside
5th Oct 2010, 17:36
The CAA have awarded Easyjet rights for 3xWeek LGW-CAI

adfly
5th Oct 2010, 21:57
Could ezy start serving more middle eastern routes in the forseeable future. I know that Amman has been rumored but what about beirut?

pabely
5th Oct 2010, 23:35
With the exising Sharm then Luxor and Cairo coming on-line, more will be done to make use of the new A320's arriving. ExGib A321's should be gone soon as well so longer routes can be expected.

FR-
6th Oct 2010, 08:33
Well done easyJet

ShareCast - News you can use (http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast/story.cgi?story_id=3732373) :D

racedo
6th Oct 2010, 08:49
http://production.investis.com/rns_ip3_easyjet/rns/rns-item?id=3731942

Passenger numbers up 8% to 4.8M and last 12 months 48.8M

befree
6th Oct 2010, 16:57
rising pax is not as important as the rise in revenue. Ryanair have been adding pax but not taking in more income. Easyjet seem to be getting more pax and more income to cover the extra costs.

Seljuk22
6th Oct 2010, 19:31
As a sidenote: At the end of September EZY 'only' got 33 A319 and 12 A320 on order. So far 159 A319 and 23 A320 has been delivered.
In average EZY get 2 a/c per month which means by the end of 2012 there are no more a/c coming. If I'm not mistaken EZY has options for 88 A32S. Anyone heard about new orders or to make use of the options?
Is it possible to get new a/c by 2012 if you order new a/c let's say at the end of this year?

racedo
6th Oct 2010, 19:32
rising pax is not as important as the rise in revenue. Ryanair have been adding pax but not taking in more income. Easyjet seem to be getting more pax and more income to cover the extra costs.

Funny that Ryanair revenue grew by in 16% Qtr to end of June with PAX numbers up by 8% while Easyjet rose by 5.3% and passenger numbers by 1.9% BUT you keep stating Ryanair always have a problem ...................Hmmmmmm

Now Easyjet is stating it will make for the full year something over £150 million for full year but ok lets assume is £160 Million over their 48.8 Million passengers which means every passenger makes them on average £3.28 profit per passenger ..............not bad, a decent return

Now given Ryanair forecasting €350-375 Million for full year 2011 lets be conservative and use the lower with Euro worth 85p on 75 Million passengers it would mean Ryanair is making 20% plus per passenger than Easyjet and thats being very conservative as think it will end close to 40% more.

Revenue means diddly squat unless your cost base is low so your continuing false premise that its FR that has the problem while everybody else is hunky dory has pretty much little if any basis in reality.

racedo
6th Oct 2010, 19:36
Is it possible to get new a/c by 2012 if you order new a/c let's say at the end of this year?

Only by taking some one else's place in the delivery slots which as you will appreciate will cost you.

It may be possible to buy someone's slots off them or if those original delivery slots have changed becauase original buyer has gone belly up then Airbus will of course be open but again its £££££.

TSR2
6th Oct 2010, 21:15
It appears to me that you are comparing easyjet 2010 performance with the Ryanair forecast for 2011 .... or am I missing something.

racedo
6th Oct 2010, 21:47
It appears to me that you are comparing easyjet 2010 performance with the Ryanair forecast for 2011 .... or am I missing something.

Yup thats what I am doing but could just as easily have compared Ryanair 2010 results and funnily enough it would have not made much of a difference.

Easyjet has also only given guidance on what it expects its figures to be not stated them yet.

At AGM at 22nd of Sept Ryanair would be in a position to have had a good estimate of what half year results would be and an idea of where given current trading position of where full year would be and the stated they happy with forecasts which analysts have of between €350-375 M. In Sept 2009 they were stating low €200M's for full year and delivered 50% more.

Historically they have generally been very clear, very early in stating profit problems which City of London / Wall st like because they dislike nasty surprises.

ReallyAnnoyed
6th Oct 2010, 21:58
Pikey O'Leary is very good at squeezing every airport, but he is in big trouble if he loses those ca 600 M subsidies per year. Suddenly not a brilliant FY for the gypsy anymore. But then again, the taxpayers may just keep on paying for the Ryanair presence through their politicians.

vancouv
7th Oct 2010, 07:34
Does anyone know when Easyjet will be publishing their summer 2011 timetable for Gatwick? At the moment you can't see anything after 27th March, whereas Luton has flights published after that date.

rapidman47
7th Oct 2010, 09:12
Easyjet are to launch Liverpool - Brussels(6 weekly)
Liverpool -Tallin(3weekly)
Liverpool-Saltzburg (winter des):O

red 5
7th Oct 2010, 09:18
Seljuk 22 Don't forget that 17 A319's will be leaving the fleet next year at the end of their 7 year leases. The four A321's are currently in Shannon on end of lease checks and have now left the fleet, also G-TTOI arrives in SNN today for it's EOL and G-TTOJ in january. The 737's start going through SNN in March on their EOL. The fleet disposition next year will be just A319 & A320's all CFM powered.

lbalad
7th Oct 2010, 09:58
From the Leeds thread.

Easyjet to run a 5 x weekly service from 17/12/10-24/4/11.

Do you think this is the foot in the door for Easyjet at Leeds,or purely a one off?

pug
7th Oct 2010, 10:51
Could it be that a number of the Doncaster passengers origionated in the Leeds area? I know its a long shot but perhaps they are trying to get a foot in the door.

aidoair
7th Oct 2010, 11:08
Could it be that a number of the Doncaster passengers origionated in the Leeds area? I know its a long shot but perhaps they are trying to get a foot in the door.

Highly unlikely, though if this is the case then it's more likely to attract those in the Durham Tees Valley catchment area as this is where the highest amount of PAX seem to come from on the EZY flights at DSA, despite LBA only currently having GVA and NCL probably closer to most.

pug
7th Oct 2010, 11:26
That is interesting. I would have thought Sheffield were to be the biggest supply of EZY users? I suppose thats a topic for another thread. I wonder why they decided to try a route from LBA when they must have spent quite a considerable amount on setting up an operation at DSA?

Bearpit
7th Oct 2010, 11:46
Fail to understand EZY's logic that after running services for less than a year and declaring failure at Doncaster, they now think a one route operation from Leeds is the way forward when Jet2 have been operating the route for years. Hardly shows commitment to Yorkshire and one can only guess how long this one will last. Very strange!

pug
7th Oct 2010, 11:54
Im lead to believe Jet2 have scaled back their GVA services from LBA this year, so i suppose it just fills in the gaop if that is the case. Clearly DSA failed to provide the required results, but it seems Easyjet may want to hold on to some presence in Yorkshire, particularly now EMA and DSA are not served by them. Makes sense strategically i guess, and LBA is still well underserved in relation to its catchment area.

ReallyAnnoyed
7th Oct 2010, 14:18
Subsidies.

easydan319
7th Oct 2010, 14:40
As already mentioned on other threads, easyJet have launched today:

LBA-GVA
LPL-TLL
LPL-BRU
LPL-SZG

Also launched which I haven't seen on other threads is:

STN-GNB launching Dec17th served 3x weekly (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

dwlpl
7th Oct 2010, 14:54
There is mention somewhere of new Bristol routes too.

Jamie2k9
7th Oct 2010, 14:55
Dublin Aerospace awarded contract to provide landing gear maintenance for EasyJet’s Airbus fleet

Dublin Aerospace to create 50 jobs - The Irish Times - Thu, Oct 07, 2010 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1007/breaking23.html)

CentreFix25
7th Oct 2010, 14:56
Could EZYs move on this route be a tit for tat reaction to LS moving in on the EZY route from NCL?

easyflyer83
7th Oct 2010, 15:02
Listen guys.... Easyjet fly numerous destinations such as TFS, BRU, SOF, ATH, NCE etc etc and none of them are bases. Why would the launch of GVA-LBA mean that LBA will likely become a base? It is simply an EZY base (GVA) linking with LBA.

pug
7th Oct 2010, 15:06
No one has mentioned LBA becoming a base.

LGS6753
7th Oct 2010, 15:30
Since the LBA flights are to GVA, they may well be operated by easyJet Switzerland, a franchisee. Possibly a separate route planning department (someone in the know can confirm this), but importantly, aircraft based in GVA.

CentreFix25
7th Oct 2010, 15:33
Nobody has mentioned LBA as a base other than easyflyer83, and It's got to be an Easy Swiss aircraft or less likely a 'W' from another base.

easyflyer83
7th Oct 2010, 16:04
I think we all know what was insinuated by "a foot in the door".
Other than at LGW most GVA flights are operated by UK bases.

Ian Brooks
7th Oct 2010, 16:08
What about BHX/LGW don`t some of those use Easyjet Swiss Aircraft?

Ian

danielmellor
7th Oct 2010, 16:27
This is probably a two-fingers up to Jet2 for Muscling In On There Geneva routes from Belfast and Newcastle

pug
7th Oct 2010, 17:41
I think we all know what was insinuated by "a foot in the door".

It could well develop into something in the future, but you are correct, GVA will be operated by a GVA based aircraft.

EuroChallenger
7th Oct 2010, 18:23
Well the EZY DSA - GVA did not last long when that was running.

pug
7th Oct 2010, 18:28
Probably because the DSA catchment area could'nt support it. Im sure it will do well from LBA.

Captain_Caveman
7th Oct 2010, 22:32
All EZS + EZY routes are planned and controlled from LTN and the LBA flights over the winter will operate on UK/EZY registered aircraft on a W pattern. :ok:

Redrose1
8th Oct 2010, 13:02
Anyone know why the Stansted flights have been released by Easyjet at such a high price for Turkey?

kriskross
8th Oct 2010, 19:20
Probably because they think they will sell them at that price??

dwlpl
9th Oct 2010, 03:48
I don`t think we will se much more expansion at LPL as they are going for the big airports now, 2011 at LPL is the same as 2010 10 aircraft

Not quite right.

There are 10 based at Liverpool if you count the aircraft flying out of DSA.

Summer 11 sees a program ex LPL for 10 aircraft.

Redrose1
9th Oct 2010, 06:35
KrisKross your probably right, perhaps they think everyone in the South is rich, unfortunately that doesn't include me. I thought it was an error on the website because I had been watching the site for the last week or so literally every 15 minutes so there is no way that it could have gone from £40+ to £203 in such a short time....madness.

egnxema
9th Oct 2010, 16:57
Does anyone know what the latest rumours/news is regarding Stelios' view of the the airline still using the easy brand?

What are the contingency brand name likely to be.

I do know from talking with a few national tourist boards that EZY have previously worked v closely with that this is currently not allowed on the EZY side due to the brand dispute.

goldeneye
9th Oct 2010, 18:16
Redrose1

Are you looking at the Summer Kids holidays ?

Also remember there has been huge consolidation in the Turkish market with the likes of Goldtrail and Kiss flights going to the wall.

Less competition = Higher Fares.

Redrose1
9th Oct 2010, 18:30
goldeneye, yes I am looking at the school holidays. The choices have become slim since the demise of Cyprus Turkish Airlines & Goldtrail. I lost out on my holiday this year due to CTA & then whilst looking for a cheap flight around the time we could go, Goldtrail went bust. Kiss flights never affected me.
I have found out today that Thomsons will not be flying from Stansted in 2011.

I do agree with you about less competition bigger fares but I had been constantly watching Easyjet & saw both the Liverpool & Bristol released at competitive prices for the school holidays but Stansted prices were crazy from the beginning.

The dates that I was looking for have not moved in price since release, I think that sums up how ridiculous they are.

thebeehive
9th Oct 2010, 21:45
unless youre lucky and flexible easyjet arent 'cheap', compare them to other airlines, you'll be surprised , especially once all extras are added on

Redrose1
9th Oct 2010, 21:58
I am annoyed as I held off from booking with others this year because last years prices were great but I had already booked with CTA because Easyjet had told me that they were not doing the route that I wanted. Needless to say the other airlines have now gone up in price.
I guess it is just not meant to be but it would be nice if someone from the company could tell me why they are so expensive but I have had no joy with customer services.

ReallyAnnoyed
10th Oct 2010, 09:55
The only people who can inform you about the prices are the ones from the commercial department and they won't. Doubt they are allowed to give detailed information even if they wanted to. The rest of us just speculate. 40 pound tickets produce a loss to the company on a UK - Turkey flight, by the way.

Redrose1
10th Oct 2010, 10:57
If only it was possible to get them for £40 each way. The Bristol flights were available at £130 return with baggage, I would have been happy with paying a bit more than that but its nowhere close.

Aero Mad
10th Oct 2010, 16:52
Mind you, if they thought the SE was rich, they wouldn't charge Mrs AM and myself just £417 (including flights and 4 nights in hotel) to Athens later this month! Was chuffed with that :ok:

jaycee10
10th Oct 2010, 19:37
Easyjet to Athens is not always the best deal. went with BA day time flights from LHR this summer in August for £144 return, all in. This included 23kg baggage, newspaper, meal, two drinks and headsets for in flight films. The fare was cheaper than Easyjet from LGW. admittedly the flights were booked 10 months in advance but comparable flights for next August are £146 retrurn.

bjones4
10th Oct 2010, 19:42
I've had two flights with easyJet in the last few weeks, and on both occasions the catering has been exhausted on the outbound leg leaving only the scraps for those returning.

A320 LGW to ACE on the 23rd (When the French downed tools), our flight was nearly 4hr late out of Gatwick, about two thirds through the first service (the trolleys hadn't met in the middle) we were told that they had run out of all hot food, as well as fresh sandwiches, there was no pepsi left (this was being given out as complimentary due to the delay), and they had run out of JD, Whiskey and a few other bits. That meant those who had a similar delay to ourselves coming home had next to nothing to purchase on board, and while they could have eaten in the airport, Arrecife is incredibly expensive when it comes to food - I would have personally held out until onboard in the hope of getting some cheaper. Also, due to there only being one oven in the front galley, hot food was taking around 20 minutes to come, them only cooking 4 items at a time.

Incidentally, returning on the same flight in September 2009, after departure from Arrecife we were in the same situation, next to no food available.

A319 MUC to MAN on Friday night, bong as the wheels went up and on came the easyBistro announcement; we were told that due to a busy flight outbound there was no hot food available nor fresh sandwiches. We again had the same announcement on a flight back to Gatwick from Prague.

I recall in the early days people were hesitant in buying the often vastly overpriced onboard offerings and the service would be over in a flash, but nowadays it's rare that they get past a row without someone buying something, has the decision to put a bog in place of half the galley (especially on the A320s serving now much longer routes) now become somewhat impractical?

Am I alone in being unlucky in my quest to secure a bacon baguette... I never have a problem getting me a Ryanair Gourmet hotdog :p

easyflyer83
10th Oct 2010, 23:17
The actual levels of "fresh" food is something I will actually stick up for Easyjet about. It is incredibly difficult to predict how much you will sell. So for example, MAN-AGP may sell out of fresh item (sandwiches etc) on one day where as on the same service the day after, there maybe a large amount of wastage. What I will say is that this is monitored and crew feed back info on this after each and every duty. Consequently, if there is a trend emerging then supplies will be increased or decreased as the case may be.

Delays quite often mean increased sales and unfortunately it is too late to increase stock. On long flights where this occurs (and it is rare for all stock to go on the outbound) then we try to send an ACARS so that pax are informed. Some more hard faced observers would say that it is not the airlines responsibility to ensure all are fed and watered and that passengers eating habits before a flight cannot be blamed on the carrier. Harsh but I sometimes see their point.

The oven is an issue.....apparently when the airbus was ordered they were only used for crew food and subsequent deliveries have kept the same utility. However, the oven can hold 9/10 pieces of food so I am not sure why they were only cooking 4.....if indeed they were.

I operated MAN-MUC on Friday 1st October. Weekend MUC in the last few weeks have been extremely busy. The outbound that day was probably the craziest flight I have ever operated. Very busy and with a load of 140, 109 were males. It was manic for both food and drink and to put this into perspective, takings were double than the set average for that duty.

In actual fact, MUC-MAN inflight service was fairly quiet (despite an healthy load factor) and so it wasn't a particularly huge problem. But lets face it, whilst not ideal, the sector is fairly short and people often travel for much longer on a train with little to eat. The longer sectors are, in the main, much more reliable and this is partly thanks to the A320's being recatered each time it arrives back in base as opposed to the A319's which are catered twice a day.

Galley space isn't a problem believe it or not although the A320's would be more crew friendly with a full galley but that would probably reduce seat pitch slightly to accommodate the extra toilet. Both the A319's/A320's seat pitch is "reasonable" until about row 25 onwards on the 320.

As for the service getting busier....it really does depend what route you find yourself on. TFS for example, especially from a Northern base like MAN, can be very busy with people in the holiday mood. The holiday makers (bless em) still love the whole flying experience and that includes eating onboard. Even those who bring their own food don't often eat when they are hungry but shortly after take off. Probably the way they used to back in the good old days. lol. However, on a MAN-CPH for instance there may only be a select few actually eating and a few won't even buy a drink,

One major drawback regarding the actual drink selection at Easyjet IMO is the fact that there is just too much choice. For example, 2 types of lemonade.....it just isn't needed.

It's not an easy task trying to get the figures right on over 1100 sectors each day and anyone who has a formula to do so would become a rich person. That is why I cut Easyjet some slack. There are one or two issues that could be worked on which would help such as the ones I have mentioned but otherwise it's a difficult task.

Betablockeruk
11th Oct 2010, 08:27
easyJet plc announces amended Brand Licence (http://corporate.easyjet.com/en/media/latest-news/news-year-2010/11-10-2010-en.aspx)

All happy in the boardroom again.

racedo
11th Oct 2010, 09:57
[QUOTE]All happy in the boardroom again.[QUOTE]

2-2.5 % of Profit roughly goes to Stelios................he got the better deal here.

underfish
11th Oct 2010, 16:00
If someone knows, why EasyJet requires UK transit visa for some 16 hours transit Gatwick-Stansted? My nationality is Russian and all "transit without visa concessios" requirments are met.

It is rather silly to apply for transit visa, costing 50 GBP if I pay nearly the same price for BCN - GTW, STN - TLL flights with Easyjet.

Goldilocks95
11th Oct 2010, 21:23
If someone knows, why EasyJet requires UK transit visa for some 16 hours transit Gatwick-Stansted? My nationality is Russian and all "transit without visa concessios" requirments are met.

It is rather silly to apply for transit visa, costing 50 GBP if I pay nearly the same price for BCN - GTW, STN - TLL flights with Easyjet.

few reasons,
a) easyjet is a point to point airline-so you are flying to the uk. not via the uk.
b) its different airports. your not transiting through gatwick, your going into the uk and travelling out again.
c) its not easyjets descision to let you into the country, thats the border agency-and easyjet would be fined if you were refused.

thats my take on it anyway.

underfish
12th Oct 2010, 09:00
Thank you!

a) Yes, I'm flying to UK and meeting all requirements to enter it, no matter if it is transit or just leisure visit.

b) According to UK immigrations rules airport change is allowed in case of "Transit without visa" concession.

transit without visa (TWOV) (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf20transit#22717933)

c) It is not Easyjet deccision to let me into the country, your are right, but even with visa it is not guaranteed as any immigration officer can deniy entering after interview on the border.

Alsacienne
12th Oct 2010, 15:49
Underfish, as has been pointed out

Easyjet is a point to point airline-so you are flying to the uk. not via the uk.

you do not TRANSIT the UK because each flight you take is a separate booking and a separate sector with different rules. This is different from a 'legacy carrier' airline even if you have to change airports for example between London Heathrow and London Gatwick with for example British Airways.

Point-to-point airlines such as easyJet and Ryanair have separate rules and are companies with a different business method and operation when compared with major airlines like BA, LH, SU etc. This has NOTHING to do with the entry visa requirement, because you are NOT TRANSITING the UK, simply flying to it, and then taking another flight away from it.

underfish
12th Oct 2010, 16:22
Sorry, but I can't see any link between Easyjet business model and UK immigration rules. BTW there are no problems with Ryanair on similar transit flights.

Just received updated reply from another EasyJet online representative.
From the link that you have sent to us from the official UK BA page, it would seem that you do not require a visa. However I would advise that you contact them directly to confirm that this is the correct information.
Unquote

I'm totally messed. If even online support doesn't have similar opinion concerning my request, what airport representatives may decide just before departure out of Barcelona.

eu01
12th Oct 2010, 17:17
@underfish

If I recall well, EZY used to fly to TLL from SXF but decided to discontinue the route. As the amount of passengers from Russia to Western Europe keeps growing, EZY should perhaps reconsider starting the route again. Both Estonia and Germany belong to the Schengen zone, the same visa is valid everywhere.

Besides, Ryanair will soon commence the routes to/from Tallinn and, as you certainly know, already flies to Lappeenranta.

davidjohnson6
12th Oct 2010, 17:37
underfish - I suspect that it may well be possible to arrange a flight in and out of the UK on Easyjet with your visa situation. However, when you arrive at Barcelona airport for a flight via London to Tallinn, you are likely to need ample paperwork to show checkin / gate staff (who are unlikely to be familiar with TWOV rules and will just see you as a Russian without a UK visa) to reassure them that they won't get into trouble for letting you on the plane because of potential visa issues.

Fernanjet
12th Oct 2010, 17:46
you havent booked a transit flight - you have a flight to the uk and one from the uk. Simple.

you need a visa

lfc84
12th Oct 2010, 17:51
make sure you come back and tell us what happens afterwards.

the suspense is unreal !

on a serious note why havent you contacted the embassy?

Fernanjet
12th Oct 2010, 18:35
on a serious note why havent you contacted the embassy?

far too easy......like a lot of people on here.....they don't hink before typing their question.....it would be easier to type the same question in to google and get a real answer rather than an opinion.

far too simple......

underfish
12th Oct 2010, 21:07
davidjohnson6,thank you.
You are the one who really understand what is the issue in my case. In accordance to UK immigration rules I can enter UK without visa, but EasyJet airport representatives in some countries are not very familiar with UK-TWOV rules. There are a lot of stories in Russian forums when people were denied from flying to UK without visas by EasyJet airport representatives (mostly on U2 route ex HEL to LGW).

I wanted to protect myself and requested official reply from EasyJet online customer help to print it and show in airport, but received from 2 persons there completely opposite answers.

Typical reply from UK Embassy for discussing question is:
"Yes, you can travel without visa, but it is better to apply for transit visa anyway." What do the mean saying "better"?! It is absolutely not juridical term for me.

underfish
12th Oct 2010, 21:22
eu01: If I recall well, EZY used to fly to TLL from SXF but decided to discontinue the route. As the amount of passengers from Russia to Western Europe keeps growing, EZY should perhaps reconsider starting the route again. Both Estonia and Germany belong to the Schengen zone, the same visa is valid everywhere.

Besides, Ryanair will soon commence the routes to/from Tallinn and, as you certainly know, already flies to Lappeenranta.

Yes, unfortunately U2 have commenced TLL-SXF and all routes out of RIX at the end of 2008 (start of recession which was rather hard for Baltic states).
I flight it back in August, 2008 and plane was almost full with lots of Russian passengers on board.

TLL is very nice starting point for St. Petersburg passengers, as there is cheap (20 eur) and fast (about 7 hours) coach line Lux Express, operating up to 9 rides/per day between St. Petersburg and Tallinn.

Unfortunately there is no good enough coach connection between St. Petersburg and Lappeenranta at the moment.

eu01
14th Oct 2010, 15:49
Easyjet will open its new base at the Portela airport in Lisbon, said the chairman of the Portuguese airports operator ANA in an official interview. The announcement will be made "very soon".

The source: SOL (portuguese) (http://sol.sapo.pt/inicio/Economia/Interior.aspx?content_id=2111)

easyflyer83
14th Oct 2010, 16:14
It was unofficially announced last week eu01

tangarizie
14th Oct 2010, 16:19
No, it wasn't unofficialy announced. It was rumoured, which is clearly different.
Now, it's official! YES!

easyflyer83
14th Oct 2010, 16:50
It was unofficially announced, trust me. Check my username. ;)

jensdad
14th Oct 2010, 21:45
Hi all,
I'm due to fly Stansted - Lyon with EZY on Tuesday 19th Oct. I see that French unions are planning more strikes for that day:{. Just as a rough guide to whether I might get there or not; Did this route operate on the day of the last strikes (Tues 12th Oct) ?

Cheers

shesaidcaptain
15th Oct 2010, 08:40
Ryanair is getting rid of 10 routes out of Marseille.... that makes happy Transavia who's just announced a new base in Marseille. Will easyjet get advantage of this and create more routes at MRS or even a new base in MRS?

flyzen
15th Oct 2010, 11:16
Transavia
- For summer 2010 Transavia based one B738 in NTE and one in LYS. For the Summer 2011 an other one, may be two will be in MRS, that's all, I dont think that Transavia will move 4 machines to replace ryanair ones.
EZY
- dont think a new base EZY in France planned for soon opening, EZY will prefer to extend existing ones LYS and CDG with extra A319
For CDG EZY is negociating a private use of the terminal 2B for 2012/13 ++
- new routes at MRS ... yes possible, some of "ex ryanair" are interesting, it seems marrocan ones will have candidates, and also some domestic ones (MRS/NTE in particular)

tangarizie
15th Oct 2010, 12:44
Any hint on new routes to be announced next monday from LIS?

easydan319
18th Oct 2010, 11:54
Lisbon confirmed as new base for easyJet (20th base). Press conference at 1pm U.K time with Carolyn McCall (CEO of EasyJet) and Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Socrates. Base open in late 2011 with 10 new routes. Newest aircraft to fleet will be christened "Pride of Lisbon". We will have our own area of Terminal 2.

Source: internal e-mail to EZY employees.

dwlpl
18th Oct 2010, 12:53
pen in late 2011 with 10 new routes

Seems very strange to announce a base and what they intend to do in terms of number of routes so far in advance.

tangarizie
18th Oct 2010, 13:56
My guess for this announcement so far in advance is to "mark territory" as Ryanair recently mentioned they are interested in opening a base in Lisboa in 2011.

airnoc
18th Oct 2010, 14:59
My guess for this announcement so far in advance is to "mark territory" as Ryanair recently mentioned they are interested in opening a base in Lisboa in 2011.

And my guess that Ryanair will announce that they wiil open a base in winter 2010/2011 or spring 2011 with some of the same routes and some other routes as well http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/infopop/icons/icon6.gif

Jamie2k9
18th Oct 2010, 15:13
Ryanair want to use T2 (domestic flights) as they can turn around in 25mins but if they use T1 they can't so thats what is taking so long for them to announce it.

Hamburg 2K8
20th Oct 2010, 20:25
Had an e mail from EasyJet saying that my flight from Hamburg to Manchester on Sunday 6th March 2011 has changed to an earlier time. The e mail was brief and stated the new times and my reference number, but there was no EasyJet logo or much more info.

I am departing Manchester to Hamburg on Thursday 3rd March, flight times I have on my original e mail and the times on the website are different, however, I have not had an e mail saying that the outbound flight times have changed?

Can anyone confirm the flight times for both flights please? I would ideally like to travel evening/early morning and back on the Sunday evening/late afternoon.

lfc84
20th Oct 2010, 20:32
errr.......go to easyjet and retrieve your booking and / or try and make a new booking

Mr A Tis
20th Oct 2010, 21:05
or book with Lufthansa...choice of departure times and same times week in week out.

wesleyscott
21st Oct 2010, 17:34
is it just me or is easyjet anti-north....? not one flight from any scottish airport to any canary island....there must be demand or jet2 wouldn´t have set up base in glasgow and FR fly loads of them...maybe its just me

Ian Brooks
21st Oct 2010, 17:45
Perhaps you have answered your own question

Ian B

BFS101
21st Oct 2010, 18:24
Nor from Northern Ireland.

However on the Belfast thread, it was discussed about the A319 possibly being limited on the Malta route due to range. Similarly could it be that EZY A319's couldn't routinely make it from GLA / EDI to the Canaries, without restrictions? Also EZY may not have available A320's to add Canary Island routes from Scotland and Northern Ireland. Combined this may lead to issues regarding longer sectors from these airports.

BFS also has EI doing TFS and ACE, and as you have stated FR from Scotland, along with the charters and soon LS, so maybe EZY feel this would lead to excess capacity.

h&s
21st Oct 2010, 21:19
easyJet made a lot of money this year out of EDI and GLA due to flyglobespan bankrupt, but they prefered higher yield than growing and were not able to capture any developement opportunities (they also missed CPH etc). Now they have Jet2 face to face, it would be harder for them and may impact next year financial results.

I would never said that few years ago, but I feel a general trend in the aviation at the moment is lccs are getting less performant, but network carriers are back in the game. As an example, three american carriers announced big profits for Q3, whereas they are facing huge low cost domestic competition. It's all about capacities reduction, mergers/alliances/joint business, premium market. I feel than in europe (at the exception of airfrance), network carriers are in a lot better shape than before the crisis.

I may be wrong, but I guess than soon, Lufthansa or BA would be more profitable than easyJet or Air berlin! :confused:

easyflyer83
21st Oct 2010, 23:46
To be fair EZY are offering EDI-PFO from this Winter. It does, of course, all come down to the availability of the A320's. More will be delivered over the next few months and it is the A320 that would be required to do such routes as the EZY 319 examples do not have the capability.

That said, just because Easyjet isn't launching Scotland-Canaries doesn't mean that they are "anti-north". Although it's certainly not rare to have pax from Scotland do make their way to MAN to use such Easyjet routes.

easyflyer83
21st Oct 2010, 23:58
H&S...... your comments do hold some water. We are now reaching a stage of maturity in the low cost market. The strongest have survived and we will now see changes in strategy that will eventually change some of the key characteristics of the LCC model. For several years now certain airlines have already been breaking the traditional LCC mold. AB joining an alliance and EZY's focus on Primary airports and frequency. Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum the legacies have devalued their product to some extent and the whole gap between full service and low cost is becoming and will continue to become ever blurred.

Some of the legacies are coming through a tough period relatively well. I'm primarily thinking LH. BA etc aren't quite so lucky. But then Easyjet have performed extremely well. During what has been the deepest depression since the 1920's, they have not only increased pax numbers but also increased yields too. Jet 2 have become very "charter" of late and the two only serious players in the LCC market within Europe are EZY and FR. The market was always going to arrive at this eventuality, it was the game plan if you like. In maturity however we could see EZY (and even FR) adopting a whole new way forward.

I know many would love nothing better than to see the end of the Low cost carriers but it really isn't going to happen. The legacies are adopting more and more low cost attributes and it wouldn't surprise me if the two sides of the spectrum ended up meeting somewhere in the middle.

Flyit Pointit Sortit
22nd Oct 2010, 07:42
The simple fact of Scotland is this. You can go from LGW to the canaries in about 30 - 45 minutes less than from EDI / GLA. That is an hour to an hour and a half less on an airframe and crew to operate to the same destination. That is a lot more coffees to sell to make the same amount for the resources given to the flight.

nef
22nd Oct 2010, 10:57
Undoubtedly that's true, but the same applies to flying to most European destinations from Scotland but EZY nevertheless do operate many European routes from EDI and GLA.

Following GSMs demise, EZY had signed up to add an A320 at GLA back in spring, flying to the likes of the Canaries, but pulled out at the last minute and sent the aircraft to LGW when EI pulled most of their LGW ops. Although I believe GLA had and A320 swapped for one of its A319s over the summer peak, fares were still very high.

Despite one or two new routes at relatively low frequency, EZY haven't really added anything significant in Scotland for ages. Either they are not really interested or they have been caught out by the speed of FRs expansion, particularly at EDI and haven't been willing/able to respond.

Whilst it is obviously a case of business first and new routes must pay their way, it is a shame that the pax in Scotland, who gladly supported EZY when it was in its infancy on GLA-LTN in the 90s, are now being bypassed when it comes to expansion. FR clearly feel they can make money by expanding in Scotland, so why do EZY seemingly feel they can't?

Skipness One Echo
22nd Oct 2010, 11:10
easyJet have never had Scotland as a focus.

GLA

Germany 1 Berlin
UK 5 Luton, Stansted (ex GO), Gatwick, Bristol (ex GO), Belfast
(EMA dropped)
Netherlands 0 Amsterdam dropped
Spain 4 Alicante, Ibiza, Malaga, Alicante
France 1 Paris CDG
Portugal 1 Faro
Switzerland 1 Geneva

Off this GVA, IBZ, AGP and PMI are seasonal.
It's not huge for fifteen years of service but unlike certain other bases that saw good growth then died, it seems to be stable up against lots of Thomas Cook and Thomson on the IT front. GLA does badly for UK city breaks though.

wesleyscott
22nd Oct 2010, 14:34
thanks for all your comments to my post, i will keep my eyes peeled to see what happens, i suppose for now the cheapest option is still to fly from TFS-LGW or MAN then onwards, FR are ok to PIK but times and the location add a lot of extra cost on which make it not worthwhile.
thanks again guys and girls for your thoughts

potash
22nd Oct 2010, 16:23
easyJet have never had Scotland as a focus

I think you fair a little better than the midlands not one base we must use the wrong soap oh sorry we get a couple of ski routes in winter from bhx:ugh:

racedo
22nd Oct 2010, 20:56
We are now reaching a stage of maturity in the low cost market. The strongest have survived and we will now see changes in strategy that will eventually change some of the key characteristics of the LCC model.

I don't actually think we are.

What we are and have been seeing is a retrenchment due to a sustained and long recession BUT the crucial thing is that they never last for ever, which is easy to say when a potential double dip is possible.

People stop spending money in a recession because of fear and a lack of confidence of what is around the corner added in with wholescale restructing across vast swathes of industry.

The key thing will be the airlines and companies that are ready for growth and which have capacity and flexibility to move quickly. These could be the big winners in the long term, the reason could is because if companies judge it too soon then potentially they will spend before people are ready for it.

People forget a vile recession in the 80's then years of growth, same in 90's and same now. Its just the time between last and now was longer which meant people forgot about it.

I think U2 and FR are well placed, I'm not convinced the legacies are because when thing are getting better you will have Unions demanding back what they gave up.

easyflyer83
23rd Oct 2010, 00:17
Racedo.... isn't that what I said? The strongest have survived.

racedo
25th Oct 2010, 08:46
Racedo.... isn't that what I said? The strongest have survived.

Yes BUT I disagree that we have that we have reached maturity within the market place.

RH57
2nd Nov 2010, 09:50
Speculation in the Sunday Times that Speedy Boarding is to be abandoned in favour of allocated seating, at a charge of course!

easyflyer83
2nd Nov 2010, 11:03
A rumour around the airline for months now and supported by a TTG article last week.

TWADDELL
2nd Nov 2010, 14:31
Confirmed by Customer Services yesterday, although they could not give any details.

Carnethy
2nd Nov 2010, 14:40
First EDI-PFO flight tomorrow. Anyone know what a/c will be operating? Presumably will be a LGW based A320?

MUFC_fan
2nd Nov 2010, 15:09
Presumably will be a LGW based A320?

Why do you presume?

Carnethy
2nd Nov 2010, 15:25
Why do you presume?

Edinburgh doesn't have a based A320 so it must be coming in from somewhere else so I'm guessing LGW or LTN.

GoEDI
2nd Nov 2010, 15:47
Aircraft operates LGW-EDI-PFO-EDI then nightstops and operates EDI-LGW the next morning.

Carnethy
2nd Nov 2010, 16:42
Thanks GoEDI.

Thought I'd read that somewhere. Hopefully loads (or yields) will be good and help justify a based A320 at EDI :ok:

Sark
2nd Nov 2010, 16:55
What about those who have paid for Speedy Boarding Plus up front?

They have always had a bum deal.

GoEDI
2nd Nov 2010, 19:23
Hopefully loads (or yields) will be good and help justify a based A320 at EDI

The inaugural flight is very busy in both directions so proving popular already, hopefully that bodes well for the future as you say.

greatoaks
4th Nov 2010, 07:31
What about those who have paid for Speedy Boarding Plus up front?

They have always had a bum deal. I suppose it will depend on timescales of the rollout of this rumoured change.

The obvious answer would be to offer a conversion to allocated seating for existing speeding boarding ticket holders.

Has Ezy stated any dates for this excellent move forward?

Nice to see the new boss making some sensible changes

At last we can 'scrap the scrum'

'oaks

The Flying Cokeman
4th Nov 2010, 09:11
I think you will see an announcement on the 16th of November.

BusBoy
4th Nov 2010, 11:54
20 min turn-round with allocated seating........not a chance

easyflyer83
4th Nov 2010, 12:35
They haven't been 20 minute turns for a long time. Plus each turnaround is to be looked at and timed according to specific stations regardless of how boarding takes place.

Ensuring pax are at the gate can be done by closing the gate earlier than they do now.

aidoair
4th Nov 2010, 13:14
20 min turn-round with allocated seating........not a chance

As already said, chocks on to chocks off, the majority of easyJet turnarounds are scheduled for 30 minutes.

bmibaby and Jet2 have allocated seating and very easily achieve 25-30 minute turnarounds with similar sized aircraft. It usually helps when the gate agents tell the passengers which door to use for boarding when using steps. This helps congestion in the cabin thus speeding up passengers finding their seats. e.g passengers seated rows 1-12 will be asked to use the front steps and passengers 14-25 will be asked to use the back steps on a 733.It's as simple as that and really effective. It usually works much better at UK airports than most overseas from experience, but if easyJet were to ensure these simple checks were done then there would be very little problem. Infact I would say allocated seating would help speed up some turnarounds for boarding.

Another benefit of allocated seating on turnarounds is if using an airbridge you are able to board specific seat row numbers only so to help reduce cabin congestion. Something that on free seating flights most people crowd around the front of the cabin making a blockage, thus slowing down the boarding process for everyone behind.. this despite constant calls from the cabin crew asking passengers to move towards the back of the aircraft too.

BusBoy
5th Nov 2010, 12:00
I genuinely hope you're right and it works as i think it's the major negative for passengers.
If implemented correctly, with all infrastructure supporting then I guess it could over 30 min turn-rounds.
As you say, others do it so why not?
Once off piste though the turn-round default is still 20 mins and I can't see that. Hope to be proved wrong.

Wee Weasley Welshman
5th Nov 2010, 13:47
Allocated seating worked well in Go. Unallocated is a royal pain in the backside when the last 4 getting on board is a family who all need to sit together and you have to ask people to move seats/rows. Complete faff. Faster with allocated in my view and I've used both.

neil_2008
5th Nov 2010, 16:03
Not sure I agree, I find traveling with FR and EZY a dream as providing I get to the gate first (invariably I do) and there is not too many people who have bought priority boarding I always get my preferred seat at the front of the aircraft. I can then get my extra legroom (im 6'4) for no extra cost and I can get off first and on my way.

I imagine if this is implemented all emergency exit seats will be chargeable or even the ability to get an aisle / window seat allocated will be at an extra charge. With EZY cranking up prices for flights this will soon become an unavoidable 'extra' added to the price of the flight.

IB4138
5th Nov 2010, 17:05
I find nothing wrong with Easy Boarding and as a frequent user and plus card holder, I find allocated seating to be a retrograde and unnecessary step.

It is a selling point to business and frequent flyers and could well result in a loss of such business.

I think the "lady" has got it wrong and it will come back to bite her, as may Stellios.

thebeehive
5th Nov 2010, 18:45
thansk heavens for this move. free seating is a NIGHTMARE whether paying for SB or not.

Binder
5th Nov 2010, 18:48
It will benefit families who will pay to sit together in the Summer months.

But those who book last minute will end up with no seat choice and may well be driven to full fare carriers.

Also the dedicated Speedy Boarding check in I am well prepared to pay for.

Do away with this and I am off to BA or Air France for my travels.

Binder

TSR2
5th Nov 2010, 20:12
I find traveling with FR and EZY a dream as providing I get to the gate first

You mean check-in as early as possible, clear security then run to the gate just to stand in a queue for 2 hours plus. Not my idea of air travel and yes, I have seen queues standing around the gates for ages. Would much prefer to sit and relax whilst waiting for a flight.

easyflyer83
5th Nov 2010, 20:36
Most of our passengers want allocated seating and have done for a long time so IMO Easyjet are giving those passengers what they want. Read flight reviews and many, if not most, will comment on the free seating even if the rest of the flight has been excellent.

Now, my personal opinion is that on paper free seating should work just fine....it does on a bus or a train but throw in some (mainly) leisure destinations, very busy/full flights and things can be a nightmare. Despite that, the crew do a fantastic job and the level of disappointment amongst pax regarding seat arrangements is usually no more than allocated seating. The fundamental problem is (and this sounds really patronising) that a huge swaithe of the air travelling public just cannot relax and/or see logic. i.e a flight usually has to be well over 90% full before people have to sit apart. Consequently they can be edgy at best and like a pack of animals at worst.

Even if people book fairly late on I honestly think seat selection won't be too much of a problem. Extra leg room are limited regardless of how you allocate or board a flight and many legacies allow seat selection at the time of booking which is no different.

Many cite the business passenger as the ones losing out. From experience these guys tend not to care too much about where they are sat, not least as there is little difference anyway. I think I've also mentioned in the past that often on business type routes, there is seldom a scrum for the extra legroom/exits. Plus with City routes there are a higher percentage of single and couples travelling and therefore that takes the pressure off somewhat and as a consequence, fewer will opt for paying for seat selection.

Meanwhile on leisure routes the option will be very well received and whilst i would anticipate the majority to take advantage of this, there are always those people who choose to risk it, not willing to pay for it or where seat selection just doesn't matter and this will balance things out somewhat.

I am not entirely sure what will happen regarding Speedyboarding plus but I can foresee some type of "perks" package in some way, shape or form but I guess we will wait and see.

kingston_toon
6th Nov 2010, 00:18
I'm with those who would press the "dislike" button on this, if there was one.

I fly with easyJet and Ryanair all the time, and one of the big advantages is to turn up reasonably early (and that's the key thing... reasonably)... wander down to the gate as soon as it's announced, get as close to the front of the non-priority / speed boarding queue as possible, nip in the back door, and get the overwing exit row seats. If families and groups want to sit together, then there's nothing stopping them getting down to the gate early and doing likewise. I mean, seriously, you have to be in the last 20% or so of people on the plane to not be sitting next to at least one other person with you.

All this is doing is pandering to the idiots who faff around in the duty free shop / restaurant / cafe / bar until the last minute and then saunter onto the plane, which should have left 5 minutes ago. While p*ssing off the rest of us who played by the rules and got there early. Ryanair will be getting much more of my business should this silly plan go ahead.

easyflyer83
6th Nov 2010, 04:36
Kingston, the "late passenger" issue is a concern but I would simply change the gate closing policy so that it closes 5 minutes earlier than present.

I respect your views and even agree with one or two of your points but you are in the minority on this one as most passengers prefer it....hence why some Easyjet competitors use it as a selling point.

Send your business the FR way if you like but if you want to continue travelling the same City pairs then quite often you will be inconvenienced alot more than having an allocated seat.

IB4138
6th Nov 2010, 06:43
No allocated seating was and still is, a USP for Easyjet. Stellios designed it that way.

If you have the best, why copy the rest?

Mind you easyflyer83, it will stop some of your mates at MAN blocking off seats at the front of aircraft, allegedly for use of "wheelchair" passengers, when they are intended for use by off duty staff and their families.

zfw
6th Nov 2010, 07:31
Just had one of those coming back from Istanbul-Luton on Thursday, off duty cabin staff sat at the end of a row and told everyone she was waiting for someone, unfortunately for her the a/c was full so in the end she had to relent and let someone sit there and carried on as though nothing was wrong.
Have had a similar problem flying from MAN this year when people sit in the aisle seats and leave the window empty in the hope that they can spread out when the door closes. Bring back allocated seats the scrums are ridiculous.

easyflyer83
6th Nov 2010, 16:32
A USP is fantastic if it actually sells. Ironically, it does sell but it antagonises many of our pax and is unpopular. Again, go onto skytrax and see how unpopular unallocated seating is. That is the most consistent complaint ulyou will find.

As for crew saving seats for off duty crew... Certainly at MAN this isn't a widespread issue as it's more hassle than it is worth. Believe you me most just get pre-boarded. Furthermore, we only get easyjet MAN based crew (people who we know) travelling as PAX once in a blue moon (I.e when they go on hol) because very few crew position on MAN flights. Consequently, you will find that on all but rare circumstances the wheelchair seats will be for wheelchairs because the travelling crew are on first anyway .

Credit where credit is due, crew generally do a great job at getting pax seated and you will find that pax trying to save middle seats irritates crew every bit of much. Certainly many will actively seek a pax travelling alone to occupy that seat. Works a treat!

thebeehive
6th Nov 2010, 18:42
If free seating goes, how about speedy boarding plus being allowed to choose their seat for free? or at least for x number of bookings?

thebeehive
6th Nov 2010, 18:45
"If you have the best, why copy the rest?

Are you serious? The best? Its much cheaper and easier for an airline to offer free seating so yes, free seating is so fantastic and so popular all the major airlines have adopted it :ugh:

virginblue
7th Nov 2010, 11:44
I am not entirely sure what will happen regarding Speedyboarding plus but I can foresee some type of "perks" package in some way, shape or form but I guess we will wait and see.

How about doing it the Germanwings' way - sell a base fare with nothing included other than the transport element, and another fare( I think currently it is 15 EUR on top) which includes allocated seating, a snack voucher and a piece of hold luggage. It is still possible to just buy the base fare and add those extras separately, but by buying the packaged product, you get a decent discount off the sticker price.

What I have problems with is if customers are sort of blackmailed into buying seat allocation because on check-in, you will be placed lottery-style by the computer. So you cannot avoid paying for seat allocation by showing up early and queueing at the gate, but are forced to pay extra if you do not want to have your family end up on middle seats all over the plane. This is different with Germanwings: If you do not purchase seat allocation in advance, you can still check-in online 24 hours before departure and select seats that have not been taken up by those who have paid for seat allocation.

easyflyer83
7th Nov 2010, 12:21
I think that is what the system will be virginblue.

EI-BUD
7th Nov 2010, 18:42
There are strong rumors amongst the staff at Easyjet that allocated seating will go head in 2011. This would make sense in the context of Easyjet trying to become more ´unRyanairlike´. Ryanair have said that they will improve service so I can see why easyjet would from a customers point of view want to differentiate their product from Ryanair.

Operationally, this is not straight forward. for eg passengers turning up late at the gate and families who expect to sit together who havent paid for allocated seat. This will cause delay and also frustration amongst passengers who have paid for or been allocated seats that they wish to stay in etc.

Does anybody know specifics about Southwest who did a trial of allocated seating, I would image the success of this would be some lead for Easyjet decision makers?

EI-BUD

F14
7th Nov 2010, 18:47
Actually from mid summer I understand Ryanair have been software testing designated seating. I thought it would have rolled out this winter on limited routes. Info was from a general staff meeting last summer.:p

TSR2
7th Nov 2010, 18:51
Does anybody know specifics about Southwest who did a trial of allocated seating

Why ask Southwest. Just ask Jet2 and Monarch who have been using this system for years.

sanjaime
7th Nov 2010, 20:35
Tried booking easyJet flights to Spain next August and had a bit of a problem.
My daughter's baby is due next month, so there will be 2 Adults, plus an infant who will be around 8 months old at the time of the trip.

The problem is that as part of the booking process we were required to name the unborn infant. They are still undecided on a name for the baby, although they do know it will probably be a boy.

We tried leaving the First Name field for the infant blank and only entered the surname but then got bounced back from the final payment screen asking us to enter a first name for the infant.

It was suggested they gave the infant a fictional, dummy or temporary name (Stelios ?) on the booking form and changed it to the correct name early next year. This would of course incur a 'name change' fee for each of the two sectors. Anyhow they were not happy with this idea and it was agreed to wait another month or two before booking the flights - although the August flight prices may be considerably higher in a couple of months time.

I was keen that they make a booking at today's price and tried entering a ? (Question Mark) into the Infant First Name field and hit enter, expecting another rejection..... but BINGO the booking for two adults and an infant who's first name is ? was accepted !

Do you think we will still have to do a Name Change before the flights ?

SJ

Mr A Tis
8th Nov 2010, 07:27
Yes of course you will have to pay to change the name PLUS any addittional fees. Booking names must match passports.
Another screaming baby on board:*. Why do people want to subject their babies to the distress of air travel so early on ? Not to mention the discomfort of all the other passengers.
I'd like to see an airline with a minimum age of 5.
Grump over.:(

racedo
8th Nov 2010, 08:33
My daughter's baby is due next month, so there will be 2 Adults, plus an infant who will be around 8 months old at the time of the trip.

Hope this doesn't sound Ominus BUT I would wait until such time as little one has arrived before booking.

andrew1968
8th Nov 2010, 09:26
Yes of course you will have to pay to change the name PLUS any addittional fees. Booking names must match passports.
Another screaming baby on boardhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gif. Why do people want to subject their babies to the distress of air travel so early on ? Not to mention the discomfort of all the other passengers.
I'd like to see an airline with a minimum age of 5.

Mr A Tis, so at a time when airlines need all the pax they can get, you are suggesting any family with kids under 5 cannot travel. Well I think you have just sent all the major lo-cos and charter airlines to the graveyard:ugh:

I took my daughter on her first flight when she was just 3 months old, she didn't make a sound on both outward and inward flight.

I am sure at some point in your miserable life you were a baby, actually I don't think you have managed to progress past this stage yet. :{

Get a life!

If you have nothing sensible to say then don't say anything.

Sorry for the rant, but people like you make me sick!!!!!!!

racedo
8th Nov 2010, 09:37
Andrew

I didn't even see that post worthy of response as give me a baby on board rather than a full grown obnoxious adult, stop getting sucked into a troll post.

andrew1968
8th Nov 2010, 10:21
I didn't even see that post worthy of response as give me a baby on board rather than a full grown obnoxious adult, stop getting sucked into a troll post.

Thanks Racedo,

I don't normally, just couldn't believe he came out with it.

stoneman
8th Nov 2010, 11:36
yes i agree all screaming kids should be banned from all flights plus the abnoxious parents who cant control them

st nicholas
8th Nov 2010, 11:40
I would like to see all chavs banned. Hang on there go most of our passengers and a number of our crew:E

horatio_b
8th Nov 2010, 12:02
Chavs? - such as the Easyjet steward on a flight earlier this year who addressed myself and other pax as "mate". Whatever happened to being addressed as "sir"?

easyflyer83
8th Nov 2010, 12:03
Can I just say, I'm Easyjet crew and with short cropped hair, shaved back and sides, some may call me a chav but I really hate my fellow crew (and people in general) going on about "chavs". To be fair, that type of passenger is easier to handle from experience, they quite often don't think they are above their station or snooty and they SPEND. When crew are on commission like we are they should really remember this. Certainly out of my base the "upmarket" routes don't necassarilly result in large takings. By contrast the routes to the more "chavier" destinations make a mint for the company and crew.

easyflyer83
8th Nov 2010, 12:08
Horatio B.....nothing wrong with "mate" aslong as it's used in context. Using Sir and Madame is good etiquette to some but with others it is deemed too formal and even awkward. By the same token, calling a gentlemen in his 50's "mate" is not appropriate.

I certainly don't call everyone Sir and Madame and I even use mate but it I use them both in an appropriate context and that is the important thing to remember. Addressing someone in a rowdy stag party as mate is, IMO, wholly acceptable whilst calling someone older Sir and Madame is a great and respectful touch.

AvWRup
10th Nov 2010, 12:36
Happy 15th birthday easyJet. They're handing out free cupcakes to passengers today!

flying officer kite
11th Nov 2010, 17:19
whats the latest with the 757 operations? Where could we likely get a flight in one? :P

easyflyer83
11th Nov 2010, 17:20
I think they have all left the fleet now as far as I know.

Seljuk22
12th Nov 2010, 16:38
All A321 and B752 left the fleet.

easyJet:
143 x A319
24 x A320
8 x B73G

easyJet Switzerland:
16 x A319
1 x A320

neil_2008
16th Nov 2010, 11:31
I was expecting an announcement on this today, have i missed something or has this been dropped?

dwlpl
16th Nov 2010, 11:37
It may be in the bumpf that came out earlier today with the financial results of the airline.

BFS101
16th Nov 2010, 12:05
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, press release on the BFS website -

Easyjet launches flexible fares for business travellers

easyJet announces a new flexible fare targeted at business travellers. The tickets will give passengers unlimited flexibility to change their flight up to two hours before the scheduled departure time.

News - Belfast International Airport (http://www.belfastairport.com/en/news/3/226/easyjet-launches-flexible-fares-for-busines-travellers.html)

apaul
16th Nov 2010, 12:40
The announcement of flexible fares which allow changing flights up to 2 hours before take off and include speedy boarding would appear to rule out a general shift to allocated seating.

easyflyer83
16th Nov 2010, 13:13
Unless the flexi fare is to be launched almost immediately as allocated seating would not be rolled out until the start of the summer season in any case.

lfc84
17th Nov 2010, 20:03
MAN-PMI ?

http://www.pprune.org/6067825-post632.html

SkinHeadFlyer
17th Nov 2010, 22:45
Someone has been tarting up the Route Map on the website I notice ...

Pity they think that Manchester is somewhere between Leeds & Newcastle ...

Liverpool is a suburb of Blackpool... (it might appear to be in August I grant you)

Birmingham is now in Cheshire.... (All those Birmingham City FC WAGS I suppose)

:ugh:

"easyJet, the UK’s largest low-fares airline" - nip to WH Smith & get a map!

fanrailuk
17th Nov 2010, 23:08
I've just had a quick scan of the ''shiny & new map'' - I guess the person that designed it doesn't even have a GCSE in Geography...it's shockingly bad!

BHX is MAN
MAN is further north than LBA
LTN is BHX
BHD is BFS & vice versa
LPL is BLK
BOH is SOU
LGW is almost LYX

...they got one right; IOM! :}

david1994
22nd Nov 2010, 15:18
I've just had a quick scan of the ''shiny & new map'' - I guess the person that designed it doesn't even have a GCSE in Geography...it's shockingly bad!

BHX is MAN
MAN is further north than LBA
LTN is BHX
BHD is BFS & vice versa
LPL is BLK
BOH is SOU
LGW is almost LYX

...they got one right; IOM! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

I'd have to agree with you the obviously didnt take the time to make it perfect!

stadis450
22nd Nov 2010, 19:33
Slightly off subject, anyone know why the Luton bound Easy from Sharm as not been allowed to fuel, paxs told seems to be some problem with payment of fuel this sounds a bit strange but now heard the Gatwick a/c has also been parked next to the Luton 1 on the ramp. Paxs on Ltn a/c sat on ramp for 3 hours waiting now being put up in hotel

cheers

daz211
22nd Nov 2010, 20:02
Both tonights LGW and LTN flights are showing as cancelled on the Sharm El Sheikh Airport Website. Very Strange :confused:.

Charley B
22nd Nov 2010, 20:05
Hurghada and Luxor into LGW are both canx tonight and Sharm re scheduledto 02.30-all other carriers are arriving no probs from there-Strange????????

dwlpl
23rd Nov 2010, 12:17
The problems at Sharm El Sheikh is down to arguments over fuel bills being paid or not.

Akrapovic
23rd Nov 2010, 13:53
[QUOTE]EasyJet flights hit by fuel dispute
(UKPA) – 32 minutes ago
Holiday flights returning to the UK from Egypt have been disrupted in a row over fuel payments.
Budget carrier easyJet had to put three plane loads of passengers up for the night in Egyptian hotels after the local supplier refused to refill its planes.
Passengers on one Gatwick-bound easyJet plane that got away late from Sharm el-Sheikh were initially told in an airport announcement that the delay was due to easyJet "not being able to pay its fuel bill".
But easyJet said on Tuesday that it had no outstanding fuel invoices with the Egyptian refuelling company and would be "changing suppliers immediately".
Passenger Tom Stanley, 83, from Deal in Kent, arrived back nearly two hours late at Gatwick on Tuesday after an easyJet flight.
He said: "There was an airport announcement at Sharm el-Sheik that easyJet could not pay its fuel bill and that was the reason for our delay.
"Then we were told that the flight had been cancelled and then, finally, we were able to board late and the pilot told us that the airport had run out of fuel."
The easyJet flights from Egypt that were delayed overnight were Luxor to Gatwick, Hurghada to Gatwick and Sharm el-Sheikh to Luton.
EasyJet said on Tuesday: "We can confirm that, regrettably, three of our flights were disrupted overnight due to a refuelling issue in Egypt.
"We can also confirm that easyJet has no outstanding fuel invoices with the refuelling company and as a result of the disruption we will be changing suppliers immediately."
Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.[QUOTE]

dwlpl
23rd Nov 2010, 16:38
... which is why I said 'arguments over fuel bills being paid or not'.

The suppliers saying they have not been paid while the airline says they have.

Ametyst1
25th Nov 2010, 09:40
easyJet has announced that the Liverpool to Gibraltar service will commence on Tuesday 29th March 2011 operating three times a week. I think this is at the expense of Liverpool to Dubrovnik which appears to have been dropped.

ib26uk
25th Nov 2010, 09:51
Aswell as Liverpool to Gibraltor - easyJet launch - Manchester to Palma (PMI) :ok:

paully
25th Nov 2010, 10:01
Three good timed flights, 2 of them Tuesday and Saturday, days when MON dont fly from MAN. Just priced up my holidays and they are half the price of Monarch, so thanks to EZY and all who kindly posted the rumours of this route on here, you`ve save me a fortune :D:D

Seljuk22
25th Nov 2010, 16:38
Also 3 new routes from MAD to BOD, NAP and VCE announced. Flights from SXF to Rome will land/depart in FCO instead of CIA from 10th January.
BRS, LYS and ORY are the only routes (altogether 5 daily flights) left from CIA next summer.

alanda
28th Nov 2010, 10:28
I have been following this forum for some months, and noted with interest the links posted by Shingles (in July) to two interesting docs re easyJet ops.

I have just battled with easyJet for four months for a refund of expenses incurred returning to Geneva in July after a flight from Gatwick was cancelled late in the evening. It was impossible to rebook as staff said they had no Internet access, no food vouchers were offered, no transport to hotels was offered, and I was lied to about my options for rebooking, being told wrongly that I could do so from Bristol.

I received numerous standard and infuriating emails thanking me for “sharing my thoughts” with easyJet, but no real info as to why the flight had been cancelled. EasyJet blamed weather conditions; these were fine at Gatwick and Geneva but I was never able to find out whether the a/c had been delayed by weather earlier in the day. It was impossible to fill in the elusive claim form on the easyJet website, but after a month I received a refund of my ticket cost, and after four months’ continued persistence I received the cost of my return to Geneva (by train in the end) less the cost of my original ticket. No compensation was offered for the lack of vouchers, the utter inconvenience or the lies. I have gone back to driving to and from the UK – more expensive but civilised; I didn’t even have to produce a passport last time I crossed the Channel. I shall never fly with easyJet again if I can possibly help it, and nor shall I use dreadful Gatwick.

It’s wearing keeping up a battle, but if everyone persists then maybe easyJet will be persuaded to provide some customer service when things go wrong.

lfc84
28th Nov 2010, 11:36
Does anyone know if easyjet plan to launch a blackberry compatible site?

gate 22
29th Nov 2010, 10:19
If EZY wanted to, would they have aircraft available to start services from both BHX and MAN, say 2 or 3 per day, to Belfast? If so when could they realistically have them ready to start?

h&s
29th Nov 2010, 19:50
No more London Newcastle for easyJet from Summer 11 onwards
Good news for BA and flybe

easyflyer83
30th Nov 2010, 10:30
Flight are being pro-actively cancelled at an earlier stage if it is looking likely that the weather will end up seeing it cancelled. It is more convenient for passengers (provided they receive the e-mail/text in time) as they won't set out for the airport. Obviously, in retrospect one or two of these cancellations appear needless (if the runway was indeed clear) but helps provide a more robust operation on days such as these both in the airport and the actual schedule.

heebeegb
30th Nov 2010, 10:46
Robust!!! You've been listening to management rubbish again haven't you!!

geordiejet
30th Nov 2010, 12:46
h&s - Can you let me know your source for the cancellation of NCL-STN?

It was rumoured that the route was droppped for this Winter, but it is still being operated with STN based crew.

The NCL-STN route appeared quite late for bookings this year and wasn't confirmed right up until about 2/3 months before the Winter schedule despite people telling me it was cancelled.

Jamesair
30th Nov 2010, 13:22
As far as I know EZY did cancel the NCL - STN service from the end of October with NCL authorities actively looking for a replacement carrier. Subsequently EZY decided to operate it up to the end of March 11 with a STN based a/c to see if they could make it work. There are no plans (at present) to re-instate it for the summer 2011 season.

easyflyer83
30th Nov 2010, 15:18
Heebeegbee, whilst I get frustrated with Easy management from time to time, they are normally pretty good when it comes to disruption (not including the self inflicted cock up this Summer). Just compare cancellations compared with Ryanair during volcano, snow and ATC disruption.

lfc84 your attitude stinks. I simply gave an explanation without any personal reference to you or your post.

The fact is that if it is looking unlikely to operate a flight could be cancelled in order to protect the operation (and it's passengers) later in the day. So for example, if the runway wasn't cleared at XX.XX the decision may well be taken to cancel that particular flight as
A) In all probability it reduces further inconvenience to the pax
B) It protects the programme further down the line.

So for instance, if that aircraft was operating LPL-IOM-LPL-AGP-LPL then it is better to cancel the IOM as LPL-AGP has no weather issues and a major delay/AOG on the IOM could seriously mess up the operation causing further disruption. Now, occasionally I imagine there are times, like today, where the pro-active cancellation is, on the face of it, needless but in the majority of cases it protects the operation and it's passengers!

I'm not going to stick up for an airline needlessly but by the same token I am not going to slate a carrier just for the sake of it. Those of you in the know will know that flights aren't cancelled just for the sake of it and in fact there is a lot of focus on OTP and cancelled sector stats.

Now, thanks to info from liamfr, it would appear that this wasn't one of those instance but believe me this has been happening up and down the network today. A little bit of respect shown when respect is shown towards you, lfc84, doesn't go amiss.

Evileyes
1st Dec 2010, 00:19
A number of recent posts have been removed. Mostly because the original poster did not follow the Forum rules, but secondarily because the replies enabled him.

From the Forum SOPs:

Folks, PPRuNe is not a Customer Service point of contact for your trip. If you have questions regarding aircraft type, movies, seating, meals etc. CALL THEM.

Further, PPRuNe isn't a flight tracking site. If your flight hasn't left and/or arrived on time..... ASK THEM not PPRuNe.

Better to get the information from someone responsible and accountable for providing it to you rather than an anonymous website.

You paid for the ticket, may as well get the service.

Thanks,
The Mods

And now you know why.

lfc84
1st Dec 2010, 08:07
ok mods, i note your comments. for the record, i wasnt a passenger on the cancelled flight.

lfc84
1st Dec 2010, 12:39
28th Nov 2010, 12:36

lfc84 wrote:
Does anyone know if easyjet plan to launch a blackberry compatible site?

m.easyjet.com soft launched

:D

shamrock7seal
1st Dec 2010, 12:51
Will easyJet EVER realise the potential that is awaiting at Bournemouth?

The airport has so much potential that even Ryanair hasnt exploited. Bournemouth to Paderborn, Hahn, and the middle of no-where ville wont work!

But easyJet to Geneva is the airport's best seller in the winter months. And there are so many more similar 'easyJet style' routes waiting to be tapped. Its the second largest catchment after Bristol in the South of UK. It could be a monopoly for the quick thinking airline.

heebeegb
1st Dec 2010, 13:32
major airport hubs the future i'm afraid.

fredtheanorak
1st Dec 2010, 16:37
No sir, I reckon niche routes from regional airports can give much better profits.:ok:

heebeegb
1st Dec 2010, 17:14
You might be right, but its not the way we're going I'm afraid. A single a/c in Bournemouth would have to show it could make more money than if it were based at LGW,MXP,CDG,FCO,LIS........and it wouldn't.

LGS6753
1st Dec 2010, 18:58
Today the FR website shows all their delays and cancellations.

Today the EZY website shows all their Gatwick flights as 'on time'.

At FR's HQ in Dublin there's heavy snow. At EZY's HQ in Luton there isn't. So what excuse does EZY have now?

heebeegb
1st Dec 2010, 19:11
30cm and 24hrs of snow at LGW which was closed all day.

daz211
1st Dec 2010, 19:19
You miss the point, I think he is saying why cant EZY show upto date flight info when FR can .

EGPFlyer
1st Dec 2010, 20:22
Flight Departures Checker (http://holidays.easyjet.com/FlightCheck/flightdepartures.aspx?lang=en)

All the cancelled flights are on there

TSR2
12th Dec 2010, 17:32
Easyjet to return to Boeing ?

Sir Stelios is urging the easyjet board to re-engage with Boeing to market test the price before placing any more orders with Airbus.

No Seat Allocation at Easyjet

Easyjet are to target business travellers with the introduction of a flexible fare which will allow changes up to 2 hours prior to departure. The flexible fare will include Speedy Boarding, no booking fees and a checked-in hold bag.

So obviously no pre-selected seating option in the near future.

easydan319
13th Dec 2010, 12:00
In an internal weekly call to crew from Carolyn McCall on Friday 10th December, she said:
"Next week we will be launching our full summer schedule, this includes new routes including exciting new destinations and new routes to the Middle East, watch this space".

So we should see something over the next few days. Maybe the rumoured Amman and Cairo routes will become a reality?

wanna_be_there
13th Dec 2010, 12:12
I can see LGW-AMM/CAI.

I wouldnt be surprised to see MAN-TLV as Jet2 are doing well on that route, an I think there is scope for another 3 weekly frequencies.

MAN-AMM would be awesome too, using Easyjet holidays to promote tours to petra and the likes.

Easyjet said MAN would have 10 aircraft by summer 2012, so that could be 1 for summer 11, 1 for winter 11/12 and maybe 2 for summer 12 (or any order really)

student88
13th Dec 2010, 18:20
Heads up to Southend spotters!

Tomorrow (14th December) 2 EZY A319s will be passing through SEN

1) G-EZDC STN-SEN DEP 1200 ARR 1245
2) G-EZAM SEN-STN DEP 1320 ARR 1405

Have fun!

S88

EI-BUD
13th Dec 2010, 19:21
I wonder will the new Easyjet routes include Belfast Int to MAN & BHX?

EI-BUD

conti onepass
13th Dec 2010, 20:03
how many aircraft does easyjet have at manchester now.

SplashDown
13th Dec 2010, 20:06
conti,

Last time I looked there were 5 orange ones up at MAN T3

AP1995
13th Dec 2010, 20:13
will easyjet be looking to expand at LBA? theyve already added geneva so i am wondering if they would want to expand into yorkshire and add routes from leeds instead of doncaster

conti onepass
13th Dec 2010, 20:29
ok thanks, wanna be there your numbers dont add up, theres only 5 at manchester at present so that would make 9 by 2012

aeulad
13th Dec 2010, 22:26
I would think we will see

LGW-AMM
LGW-BEY
LGW-CAI

Regards

Mike

Yeadon Dam
14th Dec 2010, 07:17
Does anyone know which base(s) are to operate the LBA-GVA flights that start this Friday?

Thanks.

PA28pilot
14th Dec 2010, 08:00
Does anyone know which base(s) are to operate the LBA-GVA flights that start this Friday?

Liverpool, except Sunday when it originates in Stansted.

They will be operated as W-patterns (LPL-GVA-LBA-GVA-LPL, or STN-GVA-LBA-GVA-STN).

Yeadon Dam
14th Dec 2010, 11:15
Thank for that. Much appreciated.

easyflyer83
14th Dec 2010, 20:41
Wanna Be There MAN's 6th Aircraft has already been spoken for with the current schedule and apparently PMI is all that will be launched next Summer.

TSR2. Allocated seating is still being discussed. Obviously, to launch a new fare with added perks couldn't be launched advertising allocated seat selection if it is still under consideration.

TSR2
14th Dec 2010, 20:53
Thanks for that information.

Personally I would have thought that if seat selection was a possibility in the near future, they would introduce it at the same time as the flexible fare.

compton3bravo
15th Dec 2010, 16:19
Announced today three times weekly service to Amman capital of Jordan from Gatwick starting at the end of March 2011 after the EU and Jordan signed an Open Skies agreement.

easydan319
16th Dec 2010, 12:43
Lots of new routes announced today:

Gatwick - Amman
Gatwick - Aberdeen
Gatwick - Bologna
Gatwick - Izmir
Gatwick - Seville
Gatwick - Verona

Madrid - Mahon

Geneva - Mykonos

Paris Orly - Brindisi

Paris CDG - Mahon

Milan Malpensa - Santorini

Also Geneva - Santiago de Compostela has appeared on their routemap but not available to book.

Keyvon
16th Dec 2010, 13:58
Milan/Malpensa-Thira/Santorini is not a new route since it has been also operated last summer.

kingston_toon
16th Dec 2010, 15:57
Dortmund - Zagreb appears to be new as well.

easydan319
17th Dec 2010, 13:03
Nantes - Toulouse also loaded. OperAted by CDG base (CDG-TLS-NTE-TLS-CDG)

jpthomas72
17th Dec 2010, 17:17
Some of you might be aware we did't have a great time today with EZY here at GVA. I have another ticket to BHX tomorrow, so should be ok. But I also had a LTN ticket for today (ironically already a "left-over" from an earlier LGW cancellation), which I now can't change to a LTN flight tomorrow, the process on the website is normal right untill the "Confirm all Changes" button which is not active. After what happened today, I'd like keep my two options open. Oddly, most LON flights tomorrow are only some 110-130 CHF, which looks rather moderate on such short notice.

Sark
17th Dec 2010, 21:23
Easy flights cancelled for tomorrow for Gatwick up til 10.00. Is this because they refuse to pay for de-icing?

Jamie2k9
17th Dec 2010, 21:25
It take a lot of time to de ice around 30 or so EZY aircraft.

The Flying Cokeman
17th Dec 2010, 21:38
SARK,

Do you seriously think that it will help flying after 10 am with cold soaked aircrafts and temperature forecasted to be below freezing all day?

EZY policy never skips de-icing in order to save money if that is what you are suggesting :mad:

In fact we are encouraged to de ice if we have the slightest concern whether to de ice or not.

The reason given by the ops department is: LGW is forecast to encounter 15-25cm of snow tonight and first thing tomorrow morning. We have been in close contact with Gatwick Airport Limited. Their own predictions support this forecast and suggest it is likely to have severe impact on airport operations. Consequently, we have decided to cancel all first wave departures from LGW tomorrow morning.

Whilst cancellations are not desirable, taking a proactive approach to cancellations means that we are able to communicate this to customers and crew before travelling to the airport, so avoiding difficulties of travel and disruption at the airport. From our discussions with GAL, it is likely that other airlines will follow this approach.

There will be a BDT meeting at 0600 tomorrow morning to decide if further cancellations at LGW will be necessary later in the day. The aim throughout the day will be to decide any further cancellations with at least 4 hours notice.

tigger2k8
17th Dec 2010, 22:24
Easy flights cancelled for tomorrow for Gatwick up til 10.00. Is this because they refuse to pay for de-icing?

Are you for real?

As Jamie2k9 has said, it takes time to de-ice 30 aircraft, not to mention its more than quick spray of fluid, to brush off your talking 20 minutes (which is hard work), followed by a quick spray before depature which will take 10 minutes roughly depending if there was more snow.. Even if they do say blast it off with de-icing fluid, your talking 20 minutes and probably close to 1000ltrs of fluid.. add in the time for re-filling a de-icing rig and its chaos.. especially when theres a limited supply of de-icing rigs.. most rigs hold between 2000-4500ltrs of fluid, so anywhere between 2-4 aircraft per re-fill, not to mention the reheat time and refueling of diesel....

LTNman
18th Dec 2010, 05:12
So Easyjet cancel all flights until 10:00 from Gatwick but it hasn't snowed and Gatwick is open. Nice one Easyjet.:confused:

crewmeal
18th Dec 2010, 05:31
With the start of the AMM route will the crews night stop there or will it a 'there and back' flight? if it's the latter won't the crew be out of hours considering it's a 5 hour flight both ways?

compton3bravo
18th Dec 2010, 05:38
Me thinks a few eggs on faces for the decision to cancel all flights until 10 am at Gatwick just because they thought they might be snow when all other airlines operating normally! Oh Dear - as Lutonman said Nice one but some will not be going to Nice!

LTNman
18th Dec 2010, 06:14
Snow is still miles away from Gatwick

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/8857/gatwick.jpg (http://img816.imageshack.us/i/gatwick.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Mr A Tis
18th Dec 2010, 09:04
Whilst cancellations are not desirable, taking a proactive approach to cancellations means that we are able to communicate this to customers and crew before travelling to the airport, so avoiding difficulties of travel and disruption at the airport. From our discussions with GAL, it is likely that other airlines will follow this approach.

Let's hope not.
From my own past EZY experience they take a VERY proactive approach to cancellations.

LTNman
18th Dec 2010, 09:07
Well it's snowing big time at Gatwick now but the airport is still open

Red Four
18th Dec 2010, 09:18
Not according to the 0950 METAR:
EGKK 180950Z 11009KT 0300 R08R/0600 +SN BKN002 BKN005 OVC008 M01/M02 Q0990 RESN SNOCLO

ericlday
18th Dec 2010, 09:25
and Notam-
Q) EGTT/QFALC/IV/NBO/A/000/999/5109N00011W005
B) FROM: 10/12/18 10:15C) TO: 10/12/18 12:00 EST

E) AD CLOSED FOR SNOW CLEARANCE

The Flying Cokeman
18th Dec 2010, 11:25
Reason for cancelling early is to avoid having planes spread/dumped all over Europe due to airports being closed and diverting. If the 1st wave left early this morning they would not be able to land back in LGW causing even further problems for themselves and the passengers. At least now they know that the whole fleet is waiting in LGW ready to fly the next bunch of passengers away to their destinations.
A very complex job having crew sent by taxis/busses across Europe when airports are closed.
A lesson that was learnt during the volcanic ash clouds where ops wanted the planes going knowing they couldn't fly back etc. Causing themselves a big headache loosing track of what airplane was at what airport and so on.

Hope it makes sense to the normal passenger.

Ps. LGW base have 42 planes for this winter (43 this summer) and with the just newly announced routes we will have 46 for summer 2011.

compton3bravo
18th Dec 2010, 13:32
Do the people at easyJet know what is going on? On their website they say that both Luton and Stansted are closed NO they are open but let us cancel the rest of the departures in any case - what a mess.

ericlday
18th Dec 2010, 13:58
as of 14.00 hrs Ltn Snoclo.....
Q) EGTT/QMRLC/IV/NBO/A/000/999/5152N00022W005
B) FROM: 10/12/18 14:00C) TO: 10/12/18 17:43

E) RWY 08/26 CLOSED DUE SNOW

compton3bravo
18th Dec 2010, 14:38
My apologies about Luton being open!

The Flying Cokeman
18th Dec 2010, 15:16
compton3bravo,

Great then we just need the final apology for STN ;)

Quote: "Airport closed for snow clearing

Stansted Airport’s runway is closed for snow clearing and is expected to re-open at 17:00. Flights are subject to long delays and cancellation."

compton3bravo
18th Dec 2010, 15:24
Apologies for Stansted if needed but it was still open when I posted the message. Always try to admit when I get things wrong not like a lot of other people I have come into contact over the years. Have a coke or something stronger on me when you are next down in Southern Spain!

flyzen
18th Dec 2010, 15:58
@ easydan319
Nantes - Toulouse also loaded. OperAted by CDG base (CDG-TLS-NTE-TLS-CDG)
... a CDG base machine is not suitable for the thrursday flight with actual schedule (NTE/TLS/NTE)
NTE/TLS : 17h05 >>18h25
TLS/NTE : 18h55 >> 20h10
It seems impossible to operate with all the present schedules for NTE ... without adding an other incoming flight
Or it's a mistake on the booking system !

The Flying Cokeman
18th Dec 2010, 16:06
CPT3B, No problems it was just meant as a joke.......

kdhurst380
26th Dec 2010, 19:47
So, orangeJet are doing LGW-AMM. What payload restrictions will be in place? I don't somehow reckon you can keep an A320 airborne for 6 hours with every seat full, accompanying luggage and full fuel tanks.

ezyBoh
26th Dec 2010, 20:19
We fly LTN-TLV, LTN-SSH and MAN-SSH fully loaded with no payload restrictions on A320's.

kdhurst380
26th Dec 2010, 21:17
A320 is more capable than I thought! cheers for clearing that up :)

NorthernCounties
31st Dec 2010, 10:59
Ok, so the last couple of times I flew with easyJet, I've heard the same noise. It sounds like a starter motor in a car, when the engines got an issue, or you have a flat battery. I think however it's coming from the middle gears.

I flew with them yesterday, an made sure I took a note of its Reg G-EZDK. Is this common on Airbus aircraft, or is there an issue here. Does it stem from the high frequency of landings?

SplashDown
31st Dec 2010, 11:14
Nothing to do with number of landings at all.... where did you get that idea from???

Its the Power Transfer Unit or PTU that cross powers the hydraulic systems. When we start the first engine it pressurises the other hydraulic system. The noise you hear is the PTU working. Sounds like a dog bark.

Its common on all A320 series.

NorthernCounties
31st Dec 2010, 11:22
Its the Power Transfer Unit or PTU that cross powers the hydraulic systems.

Thanks Splashdown for letting me know. I'm used to flying on Ryanair and their 737-800's, were you can't hear the PTU. :)

Regarding the high frequency of landings, I was just wondering could it stem from frequent landings and the strains that go along with that...

kdhurst380
31st Dec 2010, 11:30
I have noticed on the older busses its more prominent and lasts longer, but nothing to worry about.

Little Blue
31st Dec 2010, 11:43
I'm pretty sure that Airbus would disagree !!!

DomyDom
3rd Jan 2011, 01:26
Please can Easyjet consider providing new routes from Manchester to Amman, Bologna,Verona and Seville. I think that there is a well healed market (Cheshire) for interesting city break and opera/foodie destinations. Evidence of this is the number of good restaurants and a full opera house in Manchester. At the moment we need to use Lufthansa/ Brussels Airlines/BMI to go to these destinations. Would like to use Easyjet but EZY need to provide the service to get the customers. Heard lots of belly aching about late delivery of planes/ having to compete with other airports but would be good to see some real committment recognised by happy customers - and EZY rewarded accordingly. Thanks, DomyDom:ugh:

Mouser
3rd Jan 2011, 12:55
Yes, don't worry Dom we'll sort that out for you no bother, at a push would you consider Liverpool!

wanna_be_there
3rd Jan 2011, 14:39
Yes, don't worry Dom we'll sort that out for you no bother, at a push would you consider Liverpool!

Mouser,

He could consider Liverpool, shame easyjet dont serve the destinations he has listed from there either. No point goin' to liverpool if the destination you want aint' served from there.

Mouser
3rd Jan 2011, 14:59
Wanna, It was a little tongue in cheek remark, I know were you can & can't fly too from Liverpool.:rolleyes:

dwlpl
3rd Jan 2011, 15:00
No point goin' to liverpool if the destination you want aint' served from there.

Could though fly to Seville with Ryanair.

wanna_be_there
3rd Jan 2011, 15:23
Could though fly to Seville with Ryanair.

Yeah, could if he only wanted to fly on a Thursday or Sunday, what about the other 5 days of the week?

wanna_be_there
3rd Jan 2011, 15:30
Wanna, It was a little tongue in cheek remark, I know were you can & can't fly too from Liverpool.:rolleyes:

Yeah but that little bit of 'tongue and cheek' only works if LPL does actually have an alternative.
And Im very aware of your knowlege of LPL, were reminded of it everytime LPL is mentioned alongside MAN :rolleyes:

Anyway, I digress.
Amman could well be added to MAN in the future, as easyjet's MAN route structure has similar route demographics to LGW.

Bologna/Verona wise, Easyjet havent gone into Italy from MAN, but Id expect MXP to be the first MAN-Italy route. They have applied for slots a few times for MAN-MXP, so may operate it one day

Seville, not operated by Easyjet from Liverpool, so in the Ethos that MAN will not be at the expense of LPL, and that LGW now has the route (similar in what I said about AMM) could be a route of the future?

Mouser
3rd Jan 2011, 16:17
Wanna, I'd like Easyjet to flourish at both Liverpool ( My local airport ) and Manchester ( my daughter is Based at Manchester with Easyjet ).

Jamie2k9
3rd Jan 2011, 16:21
The only reason Seville is not served from liverpool is because FR operate it and there wouldn't be a market for 2 airlines.

It will be intresting to see how Ryanair and Easyjet willl do on Seville from LGW next summer.

Easyjet and TAP Portugal has made Ryanair drop Porto at the end of March.

dwlpl
3rd Jan 2011, 17:44
Yeah, could if he only wanted to fly on a Thursday or Sunday, what about the other 5 days of the week?

How do you know that he doesnt?

easyflyer83
3rd Jan 2011, 23:30
DommyDom, the belly aching about bases competing for aircraft at a time when expansion is slowing down is true.

Does ALC, SOF, ATH, BIA, DLM, CFU, MUC, CPH, ZRH, GVA, GOT, RAK, SSH, PMI, AMS and HAM not represent real commitment? I think it does. True, some of those routes have scheduled competition but Easyjet is in it to make money.......and on many routes, grows the market.

There is an awful lot of snobbery regarding the bucket and spade routes and those routes already operated by a "flag carrier". In effect, those "well healed" pax actually don't tend to spend very much on board which is quite important on long sectors such as AMM. In reality however, AMM in my opinion will be operated from MAN sooner or later but to totally disregard 5 aircraft growth (by Spring 2011) and 16+ new routes as non commitment is ludricrous.