PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Seljuk22
4th Jan 2011, 10:00
Finally!

EZY orders 15 A320 (former purchase right) + an option of 33 A320. The 15 A320 will be delivered between 2012 and 2014.
A current order of 20 A319 will be converted into 20 A320.
http://production.investis.com/rns_ip3_easyjet/rns/rns-item?id=3943377
easyJet expands fleet with 15 additional Airbus A320 aircraft (http://www.airbus.com/en/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release/detail/easyjet-expands-fleet-with-15-additional-airbus-a320-aircraft/)

DomyDom
4th Jan 2011, 19:53
Thanks easyflyer83 - point taken and understood. DomyDom

Wozik
15th Jan 2011, 21:00
I wonder if the new order enables a possibility to EZY to appear in VNO or KUN? They have taken over easyjet.lt domain name (http://vz.lt/2/straipsnis/2010/12/27/Teismas_is_kaunieciu_ateme_domena_easyjet_lt_ir_atidave), which leads to some hopes and wishes ;-)

jpthomas72
17th Jan 2011, 13:06
Wozik, it would be too good to be true ! What I can guess from the auto-translate of your link, I think Easyjet was just routinely keeping people from misusing their brand for other purposes. Which they probably do at any EU domain.
BTW, very oddly, easyjet.cz also doesn't forward to EZY's main website. With UK-PRG being EZY's original stronghold.
Especially after EZY left RIX some years ago, and Ryanair going well in KUN, Wizz arriving but also Estonian and of course AirBaltic growing at VNO, it seems the wrong time to enter the LT market. EZY has a slow expansion plan in Eastern Europe, after they burnt their fingers a bit when they initially tried around 2004 (WAW, BTS etc).

Wozik
18th Jan 2011, 09:07
Yeah, the link I attached just says that EZY returned the cybersquatted domain.

And I have a new link today (http://www.aviasistemos.lt/vilniaus-oro-uostas-siemet-sieks-pritraukti-dar-viena-pigiu-skrydziu-bendrove-t-vaisvila/), where the head of VNO boasts about at least one new LCC in VNO "soon" and that they're talking to 10 another airlines.

That's the Baltic News Service article, and they speculate that the talk is most probably about Ryanair or EasyJet.

So I fully agree with your elaborations, jpthomas72, but there's not so much LCC's in Europe to attract to VNO that Tomas Vaisvila could be speculating about.

Let me cite him:

“Esame pasilikę uždavinį šiais metais pritraukti dar vieną didelę pigių skrydžių bendrovę, kas mūsų keleivių kitimo dinamikai duos dar didesnį pagreitį, nes kompanijos “Wizz Air” atėjimas nuo balandžio mėnesio yra gana rimtas rinkos stimuliatorius. Mes manome, kad šioje vietoje reikia nesustoti ir dar paspausti, kad galėtume atsistoti į neblogą augimo dinamiką”, – teigė T.Vaišvila.

"We have secured a task to attract one more bigger low cost airline this year. This should increase the dynamics of passenger growth, that will be stimulated by Wizz Air starting in April. I think we should not stop at this place and push it forward to archive a good growth dynamics", - sayd T.Vaisvila

groundagent
21st Jan 2011, 08:39
easyJet interim management statement:

RNS Number : 7728Z
easyJet PLC
20 January 2011

20 January 2011

EASYJET INTERIM MANAGEMENT STATEMENT FOR THE QUARTER ENDED
31 DECEMBER 2010

Highlights:

· Total revenue up by 7.5% to £654 million

· Seats flown grew by 7.7% to 13.8 million and total revenue per seat was flat at £47.48. At constant currency revenue per seat grew by 0.3% as growth in underlying yields more than offset some weakness on ancillary revenues

· Passengers carried increased by 8.8 % to 11.9 million, with 59% of passengers originating outside the UK. The load factor increased by 0.9 percentage points to 86.7%

· Cost per seat ex fuel reduced by 2.9% excluding additional costs resulting from disruption caused by ATC strike action and severe weather

· In the quarter disruption from ATC strike action and severe weather cost £6 million and £18 million respectively and in addition led to lost contribution of £7 million. easyJet is working to recover a significant proportion of this through additional costs savings and revenue opportunities

· easyJet placed an aircraft order with Airbus in the period; with 15 existing A320 aircraft options converted to firm orders, 20 A319 contracted aircraft deliveries converted to A320 deliveries and secured options over a further 33 A320 aircraft bringing the total number of options held by easyJet to 42 aircraft

· easyJet's position continued to strengthen with market share gains across Europe particularly London Gatwick, Paris Orly and CDG and Geneva

· Strong balance sheet with cash and money market deposits of £1,281 million (excluding restricted cash) and un-drawn committed financing facilities at favourable rates of $641 million as at 31 December 2010

Commenting on the results, Carolyn McCall, easyJet Chief Executive said:

"Against a difficult economic backdrop aggravated by severe weather and ATC strike action, easyJet was able to deliver a solid trading performance and grow total revenue by 7.5% to £654 million whilst improving its position in mainland Europe.

easyJet will always support its passengers when external events impact their journey but we call on governments to provide sensible legislation for airport regulation and air traffic control. The severe snow disruption of the past two years also highlights the need for airports to invest in the appropriate infrastructure to keep passengers moving."

Unfortunately, Stellios never misses a chance to put the boot in publicly to his agenda . . .

Thursday 20 January, 2011
easyGroup Holdings
Comment on easyJet Trading Up
RNS Number : 8417Z
easyGroup Holdings Ltd
20 January 2011

20 January 2011

Comment on easyJet Trading Update

Commenting on today's easyJet trading update and share price drop, Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, founder and largest shareholder of easyJet, said:

I would like to draw the attention of the investors in easyJet PLC to the statement I made last November:

http://www.easy.com/news/single/article/stelios-responds-to-easyjet-full-year-results.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=28&cHash=a8a9ca6f63
(http://www.easy.com/news/single/article/stelios-responds-to-easyjet-full-year-results.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=28&cHash=a8a9ca6f63)
and I quote from the statement dated 16th November, 2010

"The management of easyJet also needs to carefully assess the financial viability of any fleet expansion. If the profit target per aircraft is roughly £2m, then the company should only buy more aircraft (over and above the 200) if it has identified specific new routes for these new aircraft that produce that amount of profit per aircraft. New route data should be shared with all shareholders for transparency.

"I remain very concerned with the strategy of the previous management which expanded the fleet to develop summer holiday routes leaving it with approximately 40 aircraft parked over the winter. Parked aircraft lose money."

Unquote

Commenting today (20th January, 2011) Stelios said:

"It is now clear to me with losses of £180m in the six months of the winter, it will be impossible for the company to make an annual profit of more than £480m which represents the 12% return on capital employed in a 200+ aircraft fleet.

"The business is too seasonal for its own good and it should not blame the weather every year.

"I wonder where the latest 15 additional Airbuses ordered earlier this month will be deployed next winter without losing even more money? There are not many un-seasonal routes left in Europe."

Ends

Seljuk22
21st Jan 2011, 09:12
new route: GVA-SCQ 2 weekly from 15th May
If I'm not mistaken SCQ is a new EZY destination.

conti onepass
22nd Jan 2011, 10:59
when does manchester get its sixth aircraft? i see palma starts early march.

easyflyer83
22nd Jan 2011, 13:44
MAN's 6th a/c will arrive mid/end of May.

AP1995
30th Jan 2011, 10:20
will easyjet ever do a SSH route from liverpool?

Ian Brooks
30th Jan 2011, 10:30
Very much doubt at the moment with the way things are out there

Ian B

AP1995
30th Jan 2011, 10:48
what do you mean

Ian Brooks
30th Jan 2011, 11:54
Country in Turmoil many flights cancelled, would you go to a country that is at war with
it`s government.
In a week their holiday market has been virtually destroyed for this summer
as has Tunisia

Ian

arriva
30th Jan 2011, 18:46
Flew SSH-MCR recently and flight only 60% full so dont see EZYadding it to LPL .Wish they would but not after recent events in Egypt.

mickyman
5th Feb 2011, 17:43
Well done to Easyjet for carrying over the 50m mark in passenger
terms (for the first time) this last year.

MM

DomyDom
6th Feb 2011, 00:16
Well done EZY ref. 50m PAX. However would be good to see some interesting new routes from MAN rather than just bucket and spade routes (only PMI so far!:sad:). Definately caught napping up there by RYR - hopefully that will change soon though and customers will see some more route development. Any comments from anyone in the know would be interesting?

easyflyer83
6th Feb 2011, 03:47
DommyDom, PMI will be the only new route this Summer ex MAN. However you, and others, seem to be disappointed at the U2's route network out of MAN. A 6th based aircraft is being added this Summer which will be used all day, day in day out operating a total of 22 routes plus the GVA (operated by LPL) with 5 of those aircraft and 21 of the routes being launched in the last 3 years.

Now, don't misunderstand me, a couple of the "lost MAN routes" would be nice to replace and perhaps some off the beaten track destinations but it's no good if they are going to be carting around fresh air or if the capacity within Easyjet (alot of competition from European bases for a/c-only MAN and LGW will grow in UK this year) and so we are still likely to see more mundane routes that carry alot of people paying the correct fares.

That said, possibilities in the pipeline are BIO, OPO and VCE. As I understand, GOT isn't during great at the moment.

wanna_be_there
6th Feb 2011, 09:11
RE MAN Ive heard they are looking at:

SAW-leftover from this year
GIB- it was due to be a MAN route but lack of aircraft meant it ran from LPL
MXP- slots have been loaded a few times over the past 2 years, so is 2012 finally the time this gets added
MAD- not happy that their monopoly of the NW is about to be broken
VCE- Like easyflier has stated already, but Ive heard seperatly that they want to expand into more Italian routes from MAN

On a seperate note, the wish list for me is:

SXF- I know they serve it from LPL, but with such an extensive German network from MAN, Its the one main airport that is screaming out to be served
AMM- would be good to have another mid-east route from MAN, and Im sure a 3 weekly service tied in with lowcostholidays for tours could work
VIE- I think OS are about to jump on this route using bmi, but would be good for a loco on a city break route
OPO- again a route easyflier has listed, but OPO would mean all 4 main portuguese airports are covered from MAN on a scheduled basis
CDG- now that BE/AF have jumped into bed together, they have a monopoly on this route again, so some competition could be healthy, although, if I doubt it will happen as it will cause ticket prices to fall and that wouldnt be good for either airline.
TLV- will be good on a 3 weekly basis to compliment Jet2, and with loads being good (and with jet2 adding frequencies im sure yields are good), there is surely scope for 6 weekly

Anyway, thats me done!

bravoromeosierra
6th Feb 2011, 09:23
Can someone tell easyJet the wisdom of their ways and that they do not serve MXP from Bristol? It's been in the Metro newspaper numerous occasions over the last few weeks.

DomyDom
6th Feb 2011, 23:26
Easyflyer, thanks for your input - as always your contributions are interesting and insightful. Hopefully BIO and OPO will come off as new routes - I think they will do very well from MAN as they offer areas of Spain/ Portugal that havn't been saturated by other airlines but with great tourism potential (Bilbao as the Basque capital with all that entails (opera house, pinxos (tapas) etc.), Oporto as a UNESCO heritage city, etc.) - also AMM as a good winter/city break (and relatively stable) all year round destination if that is also in the mix. Time will tell but I think based on a reasonably good portfolio of routes so far EZY are at MAN to stay and develop. From what easyflyer and others are implying it sounds like some interesting routes are on the cards. Fingers crossed.

easyflyer83
7th Feb 2011, 11:03
Thanks DommyDom. Easyjet are indeed at MAN to stay. As i said before, MAN will probably be the only UK base other than LGW to see growth over the next year.

AMM is probably a couple of years away IMO and BIO is definitely an interesting place to serve, whether there is enough appetite for what the City has to offer is another matter. GOT is another one of those "slightly out there" routes and by all accounts it's not doing particularly great at the moment, although it is early days.

dwlpl
7th Feb 2011, 13:08
The airline must have money to waste then.

Are they uplifting just fresh air with the 10th based aircraft at Liverpool?

wanna_be_there
7th Feb 2011, 13:13
Nobody said LPL wasn't doing well Dwlpl? What's the defensiveness for?

dwlpl
7th Feb 2011, 13:32
Very quick question for you on reading this page, what two bases are supposed to grow this year?

dwlpl
7th Feb 2011, 13:36
Oh and didnt someone post the other day that EZY are expanding at Belfast too?

Carnethy
7th Feb 2011, 14:13
Easyflyer83, I think you will also see growth at EDI. Several new routes this year already, including Paphos, Basel & Cologne. Further expansion is also planned with a new based aircraft (hopefully an A320) from September taking the total to 5. There is heavy competition here at EDI from Ryanair who are to shortly have 6 based a/c.

dwlpl
7th Feb 2011, 14:25
Bristol too BBC News - Easyjet creates 65 new jobs at Bristol Airport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12344771)

BFS101
7th Feb 2011, 14:35
EZY were recruiting at BFS, 50 staff apparently, but think this is to cover natural wastage and additional summer staff. Don't think BFS is really getting any substancial capacity increases. New route to Malta, but think this is with the already based BFS frames, and extra flight to LPL following the FR BHD exit.

Curious Pax
7th Feb 2011, 15:00
Whoever said scousers are paranoid! I think you'll find dwlpl that the LGW/MAN growth thing came directly from the EZY CEO who said that most UK growth this year would come at those 2 airports. She didn't say other UK airports wouldn't grow.

dwlpl
7th Feb 2011, 15:10
The post above only mentioned two airports as 'the only' two, EZY CEO wasnt named.

wanna_be_there
7th Feb 2011, 18:14
Ah dwlpl, may not be named in the post, but Carolyn McCall has made no secret that MAN is the main point of expansion for the north west, so much so she had to send out press releases telling LPL punters not to worry:

Easyjet CEO Carolyn McCall pledges further growth for Liverpool JLA - Liverpool News - News - Liverpool Daily Post (http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2010/11/17/easyjet-ceo-carolyn-mccall-pledges-further-growth-for-liverpool-jla-92534-27667464/)

Particularly:

Delivering her first annual results, the former Guardian Media Group chief executive outlined her plans for the future after having carried out a review of the business.
That includes further expansion at its Manchester operation

Or, for the financial results of 2010 from easyjet themselves:

easyJet plc - Financial review (http://2010annualreport.easyjet.com/financial-review.asp)

Capacity was reduced across the UK regions by 6.3% with only Manchester showing any significant growth

Anyway, its beside the point, LPL was not mentioned in any post, so put your paranoia back in your box for another day.

PM25
7th Feb 2011, 18:36
The fact that we may be paranoid does not mean that Manchester Airport are not out to get us (i.e. any routes, operators including easyjet etc) that we have whether they also have them or not.:O

wanna_be_there
7th Feb 2011, 18:49
The fact that we may be paranoid does not mean that Manchester Airport are not out to get us (i.e. any routes, operators including easyjet etc) that we have whether they also have them or not.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif

Yep, they are out to get 'you'. At the end of the day, MAG/VAS are in direct competition, so, if there is a route MAN wants, that is at LPL (lets take MAD), MAN arnt going to sit back and say 'arrr, let the lil guys have that one, its only fair'...

Same with LPL, if they want a route, they wont sit back and say 'this is one for MAN', they will do what they can to get it.

Anyway, this is an easyjet thread, so lets leave the LPL v MAN thing alone shall we?

easyflyer83
7th Feb 2011, 23:05
Oh i've opened a can of worms here. Perhaps I wasn't clear but whilst other airports see increases in aircraft, the focused growth in the UK is MAN and the fortress that is LGW. Some bases will also be receiving an increase in aircraft that happens every Summer which isn't true expansion in my book. Most bases recruit new crew in the spring regardless of expansion and this is usually to cover natural attrition.

I am very shocked to see the paranoia from our friends at the end of the M62. Such paranoia could have been forgiven 2 or 3 years ago but I think it's clear, and those of you truly in the know will agree, that LPL isn't going anywhere. Atleast for the foreseeable future and probably for the duration. The networks out of each airport tends to compliment each other with MLA, AMS, ALC, AGP, PMI, GVA all big enough markets to serve both airports or it's a strategic decision. Indeed, the fact that strategic decisions to protect LPL have been made (i.e the launch of LPL-MLA) is good basis to feel reassured. As is the lack of uncertainty felt by staff which is always a good indication.

In time MAN will, IMO, become the larger base but LPL will play it's part....doing what it does well.

wanna_be_there
8th Feb 2011, 08:34
I am very shocked to see the paranoia from our friends at the end of the M62. Such paranoia could have been forgiven 2 or 3 years ago but I think it's clear, and those of you truly in the know will agree, that LPL isn't going anywhere

And this was also my point, nobody has suggested easyjet isnt going anywhere at LPL, so why the paranoia.

In time MAN will, IMO, become the larger base but LPL will play it's part

I agree. LPL has been open since 1997 (27/10/97 to be exact), and has 10 based aircraft with 32 routes, whilst MAN has been open a mear 2 and a half years, now up to 23 routes and still growing, so, its theres no arguement as to which base is growing faster....

nef
25th Feb 2011, 18:43
I see from the news section of the EZY site that EZY are to swap one of the GLA based A319s for an A320 - It's not clear from the press release when this is to happen. Does anyone know when the A320 arrives?

Love_joy
6th Mar 2011, 11:11
Heard though a handling agent recently of a tailstrike with an Easyjet airbus and a very new newbie early on in line training.

Does anyone know anything about it? I've tried searching, but found nothing on here.

red 5
6th Mar 2011, 13:11
Yes the tailstrike is true.

brian_dromey
6th Mar 2011, 14:03
I think the LPL/MAN thing is a bit over stated. Both airports have a common catchment, but the market is big enough to support both. I live in Leeds and it is pretty common to hear people going to LBA/LPL/MAN (mostly LPL!) in search of flights.

LPL will still clearly do well, especially with sun/ski routes and some of the more popular city break destinations du jour.
MAN will probably have a focus on longer routes to more unusual places and possibly more business oriented service/routes too.

AP1995
6th Mar 2011, 14:23
would EZY add any more routes from LBA? since the DSA failed?

rpmac
6th Mar 2011, 14:37
EZY More routes ex: LBA?
I would have thought so, especially as EasyJet presence on the east of the Pennines is fairly thin, Newcastle seems to be declining, DSA has gone, also EMA, no HUY or MME so for a large part of the population north of Birmingham and on the east there is only MAN or LPL if you have a preference for EasyJet. So given the success of Jet2 at LBA and the fact that FR seem happy at Leeds I would have thought that LBA would be in line for at least a modest operation for EasyJet in the future. The only problem is LBA is bursting at the seams and needs its new enlarged terminal as soon as possible.

Hamburg 2K8
6th Mar 2011, 17:45
What's up with the EasyJet website today? Been trying to book flights since 4PM and after selecting my flights and adding luggage, I press continue and nothing is happening, it just seems to be constantley loading, the screen turns grey but you can still see your booking in the background, or is it just my net connection?

pwalhx
6th Mar 2011, 17:57
I would disagree about Easy at LBA because Jet2 and Ryanair are there and because there is little ramp space left I cant see it for a while. I dont think Doncaster failing is relevant as I am not convinced it was ever meant to work. But am happy to be proved wrong.

ryansf
6th Mar 2011, 19:47
I dont think Doncaster failing is relevant as I am not convinced it was ever meant to work.
I agree - anyone remotely connected to the airline industry would know that a daily 2pm standalone Amsterdam flight wouldn't work, so it's almost as if easyJet wanted the operation to fail. All the other routes were working well though (PAX wise). DSA was an oddity because it was straight after they pulled out of EMA, saying they wanted to concentrate on larger bases. They then added DSA. Coincidently, DSA is still in the easyJet booking system, after originally being removed...

pug
6th Mar 2011, 22:56
I agree - anyone remotely connected to the airline industry would know that a daily 2pm standalone Amsterdam flight wouldn't work, so it's almost as if easyJet wanted the operation to fail.

I beg to differ. The nature of the operation required a positioning flight with a crew change, so a short sector made perfect sense to do this. What reason was there for EZY to purposefully fail?

DTVAirport
7th Mar 2011, 00:20
I believe they have a deal with Peel Airports stating they couldn't expand at MAN unless they expanded at LPL, or something like that. They wanted to expand at MAN but there was no room for expansion at LPL so they offered Peel a one-aircraft base at DSA instead which Peel agreed to.

So in a way, no they weren't interested in DSA, just MAN.

pug
7th Mar 2011, 00:40
DTV, i thought that theory had been rubbished some time ago?

How about that they had just pulled EMA and Peel convinced them to try out a few routes from DSA without the added cost of basing aircraft and crew? Also add into this Peel trying to clinch the deal with VAS. All theories that have been mentioned on here and elsewhere. I think its a bit naive to think Easyjet wanted the venture to fail.

easyflyer83
7th Mar 2011, 03:21
They didn't want it to fail but it was fairly obvious early on that it wasn't going to last. As for LBA, maybe the odd route from an existing base or possibly a sun none base but don't try to rationalise yourself into believing there will be a base. Future bases are likely to be on the Continent as has been the case in recent years.

Marina-om
9th Mar 2011, 06:56
Hello! There was a question like I do before, but I could not find how it is all ended. So I am flying from Helsinki to London and then to France by Easyjet. I have shengen visa, but I don`t want to buy transit UK visa. I will stay in London Gatwick only 8 hours. By UK law I can have transit without visa(TWOV). Transit - visa application guide (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf20transit#23021433). But Easyjet can just not let me on board in Helsinki. Does anyone have any information concerning this topic?

pee
9th Mar 2011, 07:41
Let me just mention that easyJet flies also directly from Helsinki to Paris CDG.

Marina-om
9th Mar 2011, 08:33
O yes! That was my mistake. I was already flying this way: Helsinki-Paris-Toulouse. But throught London it was cheeper this time.

kriskross
9th Mar 2011, 09:53
Marina-OM, the trouble is that EZY is a point to point airline, so you wont be able to check in straight through to Toulouse. The two flights are treated as entirely separate, and you will have to disembark in LGW, collect any bags, go through Immigration and check in again for the LGW-TLS sector.

This means you will have to go landside.

Marina-om
9th Mar 2011, 10:03
But what about so called transit without visa?

wowzz
9th Mar 2011, 11:39
Marina-om
The problem is that you are not in transit, you are taking two flights that happen to be with the same airline. You have bought two tickets. One ticket to fly to the UK [LGW], and the other ticket to fly to TLS from the UK.
In order to fly to TLS from LGW you have to officially enter the UK.

Marina-om
9th Mar 2011, 13:35
Officer may exercise discretion and allow you pass through the UK on your way to another country outside the Common Travel Area (the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland collectively form a common travel area) without a visa providing that you:
arrive at a UK port on a ship and leave on the same ship within 24 hours; or
arrive and leave by air within 24 hours and have no intention of staying in the UK (you can travel by rail or road between two airports); and

have a confirmed onward booking that will leave within 24 hours of your arrival in the UK.

easy
9th Mar 2011, 14:10
can you guarantee that the immigration officer in the UK will excercise his discretion? If you cannot, and he doesn't, then easyjet would be liable for the cost of your deportation back to Helsinki... that's probably why they want you to have a UK visa to fly to the UK.;)

wowzz
9th Mar 2011, 21:09
Easy - absolutely right: - Marina, for the sake of a few Euro's extra, fly through Paris.

pee
10th Mar 2011, 09:03
Marina-om

It's not a proper thread to consider that, as I'll send you to the competitor. But try this (on Saturday).
Lappeenranta LPP 11:00 - Brussels CRL 13:10
Brussels CRL 15:30 - Carcassonne CCF 17:05

Look how short train ride is from CCF to Toulouse.

McMounty
11th Mar 2011, 08:47
Is anyone heading up Burgess Hill this weekend for selection with Easy?

The Flying Cokeman
11th Mar 2011, 23:29
Announced earlier today on the intranet by the CEO that EZY will be stopping routes to Helsinki.

"On Helsinki there is an announcement about us stopping our routes through Finland. These are three routes. They are from Manchester, Gatwick and Charles de Gaulle. And these routes will be replaced and other routes will make us more money, and that's the reason we've stopped them. So, I'll give you more information about the new routes next week."

ryansf
12th Mar 2011, 10:29
"On Helsinki there is an announcement about us stopping our routes through Finland. These are three routes. They are from Manchester, Gatwick and Charles de Gaulle. And these routes will be replaced and other routes will make us more money, and that's the reason we've stopped them. So, I'll give you more information about the new routes next week."
Does the CEO speak English?? I had a hard time understanding that... anyway, nice to see them going straight to the point! "other routes will make us more money"

easyflyer83
12th Mar 2011, 11:47
It's from the transcript of the weekly call made to employees by the CEO. I think the poster also paraphrased some of it.

underfish
13th Mar 2011, 09:58
Strange decision from Easy to withdraw all routes from HEL.

First route to Helsinki in November 2008 was from Gatwick. In some days they even use 320 instead of 319 to carry all booked passengers.

After succeeding on LGW - HEL route, last spring Easy launched MAN and CDG . I believe, that MAN could be non-profitable route, but CDG has very good LF.

Rising airport fees, poor merchandising or simply bad ratio "long distance/low fares", any ideas?

NorthernCounties
13th Mar 2011, 11:16
Sad to hear this as Finland needs more low cost routes, not less. Strange as well, since Ryanair seem to be booming just up the road at Tampere.

I visit friends in Finland back in Summer 2009 and found this the more convenient option even though I was travelling to the Helsinki Metro Area. Timings and price couldn't be beat by Easyjet for the dates I wanted to travel. And altough it looks far on the map between the two cities, and theirs and air service between the two airports, it's not actually that long.

There's a good motorway connection and if I remember right, we done the trip in less than 2 hours. Nothing compared to some of the distances you have to travel for decent air connections in the North West of Ireland! :)

LGW_08R
13th Mar 2011, 11:38
The flights may work now, but maybe they just do not want to compete with NAX when they start services from HEL. When they do, easyJet's yield would definitely decrease as NAX is a strong brand in Scandinavia than easyJet. That could explain that lack of easyJet services to the region.

My 2cents, 8R

wesleyscott
13th Mar 2011, 12:51
easyjet are teaming up with nectar points, so if you shop in sainsburys use the points to buy flights. starts march 22nd

Hamburg 2K8
15th Mar 2011, 19:13
Can anyone tell me where Easy's call center is located nowadays? Booked a business trip MAN-HAM for 4 days in July and every day since booking I have been calling them to ask for e mail confirmation as my empolyer will want to see this for expense purposes, they seemed to keep spelling my name wrong and e mail address too. Had to phone up and book as after 3 days of trying to book online didn't work due to various technical reasons in their booking system. Their staff can't seem to spell or understand me and I always make sure I speak much more clearly and slowly to forigen people on the phone.

Searched for customer service numbers on google and most I tried were dead, 0905 numbers. But 0871 got me through but I assume to eastern europe?

Anyway, problem solved now, after 8 days I have finally got my confirmation :)

h&s
15th Mar 2011, 20:52
Big call centers in Poland (poznan) and Morocco (casablanca).

Seljuk22
16th Mar 2011, 08:35
HEL replacements:
17th June MAN-BIO 3 weekly
25th June LGW-CTA 3 weekly
8th July CDG-SKG 4 weekly

until 5th June BRS-CIA, from 6th June flight switched to FCO
17th December EDI-Grenoble 2 weekly (weekend)

Skipness One Echo
16th Mar 2011, 10:54
Big call centers in Poland (poznan) and Morocco (casablanca).

They have an English language call centre in Poland? Why not India, problematic enough, where English is a second language? I have never struggled so much to be understood by anyone as I have struggled with the Polish.....

MILEHIGHBOY
16th Mar 2011, 13:36
must say i have always found the EZY call centres overseas to be very helpful. my mother booked a flight under chrissy and her name on passport is christine. the call centre changed it at no fee when she rang. if that had been FR they would of certainly stung her for the mistake.

Shed-on-a-Pole
17th Mar 2011, 19:04
Can anybody confirm that EZY is reducing MAN-AMS to 5x weekly for the Summer season? The website is not offering me the option to book a day return, and two days per week appear to have no services at all. Thanks in advance for any clarification provided.

SHED.

compton3bravo
17th Mar 2011, 19:49
Seems OK to me Shed twice-a-day on weekdays with just a lunch-time departure on a Saturday. Hope this helps. C3B

easyflyer83
17th Mar 2011, 21:21
MAN-AMS will operate twice daily M-F and Sunday with a single flight on Saturday. All rotations this Summer (end of May onwards) will be operated by a MAN aircraft.

Incidentally, the 6th aircraft that will be arriving at the end of May will be an A320. Obviously things change and looking at the programme, 3xA320 and 3XA319 would do the job but A320 is what I'm being told by management.

Hamburg 2K8
18th Mar 2011, 18:42
I'm off to Tenerife Next Wednesday morning with EZY from MAN. My cousin who is coming with us has just got he first passport (he's 13) but his date of birth is incorrect on the passport. It has 25th August instead of 28th August. I have entered his passport number and other details including D.O.B. into easyjet.com, it says that if the information entered does not match the travelling document, you will not be able to take the flight. Does this mean that he will be refused to travel because the passwport office made an error? It's going to be to late to get his passport ammended now.

Regards from a very worried but (sort of) excited person.

easyflyer83
18th Mar 2011, 19:23
Don't quote me on this as I don't work on the ground. However, I really don't see there to be a problem. Certainly keep stum and then after your hol, get it sorted.

lfc84
18th Mar 2011, 19:54
I have entered his passport number and other details including D.O.B. into easyjet.com, it says that if the information entered does not match the travelling document, you will not be able to take the flight.

Does this mean that he will be refused to travel because the passwport office made an error?

"You will not be able to take the flight" seems pretty clear to me.

I suspect the 'workaround' needs to be that you enter the passport number and DOB onto the easyjet website precisely as it is specified within the passport itself.

Then get the passport amended upon your return.

Goldilocks95
18th Mar 2011, 20:15
as a check in/gate agent, i can tell you that you will have no problems with that. we dont check that date of birth matches 'additional passenger information'. Our main concern is obviously that the passport matches the person we have in front of us.

BFS101
18th Mar 2011, 20:59
I take it EZY are moving the BFS flights back to South terminal at LGW?? I know they changed them to operate from North, but just booked for September and the confirmation is showing South once again. How do they decide destination / terminal??

Hamburg 2K8
20th Mar 2011, 11:43
Thanks for the comments ref the passport D.O.B. will send it back when we return.

Ref my flight to Tenerife will I expect to see a full flight or many empty seats? Also, what flight path would be taken for this flight. I live in N.E. Wales and was wonderning whether I would be flying in that area?

wanna_be_there
20th Mar 2011, 11:51
Most MAN-Canaries flights seem to either travel down mid wales, or some go over the irish sea to DUB, then turn south and follow the coast of Ireland down towards the bay of biscay.

MUFC_fan
20th Mar 2011, 12:52
Something that a number of Canaries bound flights do (I remember reading about LS's trip report in Airliner World) is go via DUB and then head south out in the Atlantic.

Although it increases journey length/fuel usage, it can save some considerable fees on ATC hence outweighing the extra fuel burn.

Don't tell the eco-nutters though;)

SplashDown
20th Mar 2011, 15:30
I'd say 60-70% of the MAN-TFS flights with EZY go down via the Bay of Biscay and Portuguese coastline. The other 40-30% of the flight southbound go out towards the southern coast of Ireland and then follow a route called Tango 9 (one of the Atlantic Tracks running North/South) which spits us out on the northwest corner of Spain/Portugal.

The same probably goes for Northbounds too, maybe a little less use of Tango 9. As someone stated the Navigation fee's are less avoiding French Airspace but the fuel usage is marginal so no need to get the environmentalists concerned.

easyflyer83
20th Mar 2011, 15:39
Loads on Wednesdays TFS is currently 142. Quite a nice figure.

kriskross
20th Mar 2011, 19:26
From memory, it was about 5-600 kilos extra using Tango 9, and took about 30 minutes, depending on what short cuts you managed to get.

Thad Jarvis
21st Mar 2011, 00:43
T16 is cheaper and more direct if the wind is in your favour.

Hamburg 2K8
21st Mar 2011, 21:25
Thanks for comments guys. That load figure is impressive, I didn't expect that on an EZY winter Tenerife flight for midweek. I'm coming back on Thursday 31st March at 1.45AM, hoping to land on 23L (weather depending of course). I assume it's a A320 then?

BTW, are EZY strict when it comes to a quick look in the flight deck? I work for Airbus and was thinking of taking my badge with me and asking for a quick peek inside during flight? Never know til you ask I suppose.

Mr A Tis
21st Mar 2011, 21:29
Chances of "in flight" would be zero. However, on the ground would probably be OK, depending on the crew & turnround times.

wanna_be_there
21st Mar 2011, 21:34
Hi Hamburg

Visits to the flight deck during flight is strictly prohibited unless you are the cabin crew on that flight, or an authorised member of staff, but, when engines are off and subjet to approval from the Captain, a visit could be possible for normal passengers.

Sorry to dissapoint, but we have the 9/11 nutters to thank for that

Hamburg 2K8
21st Mar 2011, 21:50
Thanks guys, I expected that answer. I perfectley understand security and all that. I'll take my chances and ask after landing in Tenerife.

Going back to my passport business, just e mailed my itenery to myself and the flight confirmation is still saying I need to add ID information for travel but I did this on Friday! I hope everything goes ok at check in

Cazza_fly
21st Mar 2011, 22:56
Going back to my passport business, just e mailed my itenery to myself and the flight confirmation is still saying I need to add ID information for travel but I did this on Friday! I hope everything goes ok at check in

Don't worry! It's a common thing with easyJet after adding APIS details it doesnt update your itinery and sometimes you will even still get reminder emails afterwards. If there is any details from it missing however, the guys at check-in will just swipe or enter in your passport details, thankfully easyJet don't charge for such a thing like certain other low fare carriers and why should they!!!

Ivor Fynn
22nd Mar 2011, 14:08
Hamburg,

check your PM's.

Ivor

MUFC_fan
23rd Mar 2011, 12:24
easyJet Expands Fleet with 15 Additional Airbus A320 Aircraft - Aviation - News on News (http://www.newsonnews.net/travel/7914-easyjet-expands-fleet-with-15-additional-airbus-a320-aircraft.html)

horatio_b
23rd Mar 2011, 12:59
Stelios won't be happy

FR-
23rd Mar 2011, 14:11
YES 657 other share holders also not happy and sold 638,243 shares, share down again today 2%

Nice little video

FT.com - Markets Data (http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/performance.asp?s=EZJ%3ALSE&ftsearchType=type_quotes&vsc_appId=ts&ftsite=FTCOM&searchtype=equity&searchOption=equity)

fr-

derelicte
23rd Mar 2011, 14:28
This is fun :)

FT.com - Markets Data (http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/performance.asp?s=RY4B%3AISE&vsc_appId=ts&ftsite=FTCOM&searchtype=equity&searchOption=equity)

FR-
23rd Mar 2011, 17:08
its sure is, but i was lookin at the level 2 trading. Most airlines at the moment at near the 52week low. But look at the market caps.

fr-

Mr @ Spotty M
23rd Mar 2011, 17:39
Is this not old news?
Thought this was in the media a few weeks back.

ben_keghead
25th Mar 2011, 05:20
EasyJet have announced new route from Glasgow to Jersey, and from the Manchester thread...will be shortly announcing Manchester to Belfast, Madrid and Berlin

Cazza_fly
25th Mar 2011, 10:57
SXF Berlin from 3rd October - Upto 5x weekly (MAN based)
MAD Madrid from 2nd November - Upto 5x weekly (MAN based)
BFS Belfast from 31st October - Upto 14x weekly flights (BFS based except Saturday morning departure ex-MAN).

All bookable now but expected to be on the main homepage and officially announced by midday.

tangarizie
25th Mar 2011, 11:30
Any news about new routes from Lisbon base?

derelicte
25th Mar 2011, 22:31
Just teasing FR, it seems to me that now would be a very good time for both airlines to to sit quietly for a while and consider what they want to look like in five years time.

I wouldn't expect oil to be any cheaper by then for one thing.

h&s
26th Mar 2011, 19:35
Strange decision from Easy to withdraw all routes from HEL.

First route to Helsinki in November 2008 was from Gatwick. In some days they even use 320 instead of 319 to carry all booked passengers.

After succeeding on LGW - HEL route, last spring Easy launched MAN and CDG . I believe, that MAN could be non-profitable route, but CDG has very good LF.

Rising airport fees, poor merchandising or simply bad ratio "long distance/low fares", any ideas?

Very logical decision for awful performing routes. Really, airline industry has such low margins, that never an airline will scrap a route that makes money. LGWHEL has NEVER been succesful contrary to what you say. Every single HEL routes were actually very very far from breaking even. As you said, long distance routes so it needs a high level of demand to break even, whereas the HEL market is confidential.
Scandinavia is not for U2, especially because of very strong Norwegian, with high brand loyalty, corporate contracts, better product etc. I actually expect U2 to leave GOT and STO pretty soon as well as all the routes to these cities are huge dogs.
Merger between U2 and DY would make perfect sense in terms of network, not really in terms of revenue/fleet/cost savings tho.

True Blue
26th Mar 2011, 19:49
Is Lgw - Saw being dropped at the end of S11? Not on sale yet for W11. If it is being dropped, why has it failed?

TB

ericlday
26th Mar 2011, 21:00
Is Lgw - Saw being dropped at the end of S11? Not on sale yet for W11. If it is being dropped, why has it failed?

Why do most routes fail ?.....lack of customers, not making sufficient return etc.

Jamie2k9
26th Mar 2011, 21:05
Out of the 3 routes served from that airport (Luton, Gatwick, Basel) only one is on sale after October and thats Luton. Give them a few weeks to load all routes. IT takes time to load time/days for routes from such a large base. From what I can remenber it took EZY ages to release all routes from LGW for this summer. I'm not saying the route will operate or not.

lfc84
27th Mar 2011, 12:21
Easyjet LPL-IOM - added rotation on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays during the summer. June to end of Sept.

DomyDom
28th Mar 2011, 17:41
Anyone know when the new MAN routes are likely to go on the EZY main drop down menu? I know they are bookable eslewhere however. Thanks, DomyDom

SCANDIC
29th Mar 2011, 17:11
Will easyjet be leasing anymore 757's this year again.

Seljuk22
29th Mar 2011, 17:45
EZY will cancel its only route out of BHD (LTN) eff 8th May. From 30th October EZY will operate all routes out of FCO. The last 2 routes from CIA (ORY and LYS) will move to FCO. As mentioned before BRS flights will transfer to FCO eff 6th June.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
30th Mar 2011, 11:33
I believe the Luton - Belfast route is going back to Belfast International.

sanjaime
4th Apr 2011, 10:54
Got this email today :
-----
Hand Baggage

From April 5th we have updated our pricing policy for hold luggage and for oversized cabin baggage that needs to be checked into the hold.

The following charges apply:
At the airport check-in desk: If you purchase a bag to be checked into the hold and/or we notice that your cabin bag exceeds the maximum allowed dimensions, you will be charged £25 per bag
At the boarding gate: If you go directly to the boarding gate and your one permitted item of cabin baggage exceeds the maximum allowed dimensions you will be charged £40 and your bag will be checked into the hold
Remember: easyJet allows one item of hand baggage into the cabin per person; maximum dimensions are 56 x 45 x 25 cm.

To keep our fares low, be able to board the plane as quickly as possible and ensure your comfort onboard, if you bring more than one piece of hand baggage we'll check the extra piece into the hold. Hand bags, briefcases, laptops and laptop bags are all counted as one piece, so if you have a trolley and, for example, an additional hand bag or laptop bag you'll be asked to put those items into your trolley bag. If you can't consolidate your cabin baggage into one single item, one of your bags will be checked into the hold and we will have to charge you £40. We do this to ensure that we don't delay the boarding process and bring everyone to their destination on time.

To get the best price pre-book your hold baggage online. You can do this when booking your flight or by adding it to an existing booking via my easyJet.com.
-----
I can see there may be some revolting EZY passengers this summer season !

SJ

tigger2k8
4th Apr 2011, 11:04
just follow the T&C's you agree to when you purchase a ticket, including the 1 piece of hand baggage and at the correct dimensions and you shouldn't have a problem:ugh:, the problem is people who dont check their cases or ignore the 1 piece rule... thats when you run into problems

sanjaime
4th Apr 2011, 11:30
Agreed ! We follow the EZY rules but it is frustrating to see the other PAX totally ignoring them and getting away with it, especially when retuning from holiday trips.

With the MOL mob everyone knows they will be hammered - now Easyjet will be trying similar tactics and I can foresee many issues with the bucket and spade families this year.

Consistency and a little common sense will be needed otherwise flights could be delayed due to rule enforcement.

SJ

racedo
4th Apr 2011, 12:02
Wonder will this be followed by pages of angst and Daily Mail type comments about EZY ripping customers off.................probably not.

Why is EZY always a follower rather than a leader ?

IB4138
4th Apr 2011, 13:23
T & C's state:

In addition to the “Standard Hand Baggage” you may also carry:
(a) one of the following: An overcoat; an umbrella, or a shawl; and
(b) one standard size carrier bag of goods purchased from the departure airport.

I do hope that handling agents are aware of (b). Perhaps Easy should remind all agents of this allowed, additional hand baggage and to communicate it to their staff.

easyflyer83
4th Apr 2011, 14:38
Something needed to be done. As others have mentioned, if you follow the rules then everything will be ok. Think that you can get away with it and you maybe disappointed. Thats the risk you take. At the end of the day, Easyjet's cabin baggage allowance is far from stingy so there really isn't any excuse.

Someone in a previous post mentioned potential problems with bucket and spade families. From experience, this group of passengers are the ones who are most likely to follow the rules word for word. They usually turn up at the airport with plenty of time to spare, worry about being overweight in the first place and typically only bring small pieces of handbaggage. Indeed, travel on a TFS, HER etc etc and you will see how empty the overhead lockers are when compared to a CPH, CDG, AMS etc.

It is the City destinations that are often the problem. The combination of the mini breakers who can usually make do with just hand luggage and the business/corporate pax who wants a fast exit at the other end.

pabely
4th Apr 2011, 16:26
R.I.P. Kilo Gulf.... Kemble.

Shed-on-a-Pole
4th Apr 2011, 16:36
In fairness to EZY, they have sent an e.mail notification to passengers with existing bookings to highlight changes to the baggage policy. No excuse for turning up and pleading ignorance.

On another topic - pabely - can we have a version of your 17:26 post in plain English? What does that message mean???

SHED.

pabely
4th Apr 2011, 16:40
The first ever EZY aircraft to be broken up, all others were sold on. Should have been ferried to Kemble today @ 08:45z.

Shed-on-a-Pole
4th Apr 2011, 16:43
Got it. Thanks for the quick response. I don't do cryptic! SHED.

pabely
4th Apr 2011, 16:59
Would we do such a thing on this forum.... :hmm:

Cazza_fly
4th Apr 2011, 17:07
Wow! She's barely even 7 years old and being scrapped :{:=

Why? Especially when theres so many older 733s still about and a more fuel efficient aircraft is going so early! Im guessing more money to be made from the scrapman than selling/leasing?

pabely
4th Apr 2011, 21:20
Most of the other 737-7 have gone WFU to Dublin, it's just that this is the first to be broken up. I assume the number of cycles they have done does not make them attactive to any other buyer.

midweeksaint
5th Apr 2011, 12:10
I suspect the engines make them very attractive to certain buyers in today's market where I believe -7s are in relatively short supply. Makes the airframe into one expensive engine stand!

Skipness One Echo
5th Apr 2011, 12:43
Most of the other 737-7 have gone WFU to Dublin

YEs but they were sold on surely. A SEVEN year old B737NG for scrap? Did someone bend this airframe surely?

racedo
5th Apr 2011, 14:27
YEs but they were sold on surely. A SEVEN year old B737NG for scrap? Did someone bend this airframe surely?

Don't call me surely.

I have a similar view as 7 years is nothing for an aircraft unless something is wrong.

Jamie2k9
5th Apr 2011, 15:00
SXF - TFS and AGA
BID - GVA

wesleyscott
5th Apr 2011, 16:11
when to TFS?

Jamie2k9
5th Apr 2011, 16:25
All start sometime in October. Check EZY booking system.

cesare.caldi
5th Apr 2011, 17:29
Easyjet from winter season will close MXP-BRI, MXP-OTP and MXP-MLA but increase frequency on MXP-AMS and MXP-PRG

LGS6753
5th Apr 2011, 19:03
'KG has gone to Kemble, but has it necessarily gone for parting out?

Surely a 7 year old aircraft is worth more complete than as spares. Unless of course it has suffered an 'incident', or has an unusually high number of cycles.

TSR2
5th Apr 2011, 19:25
Surely a 7 year old aircraft is worth more complete than as spares

Only if there is a market for that model.

It may be that the lease rates or purchase price for a 700 model is so much more than a 300 model with the same seating, that it is not an attractive proposition.

atakacs
6th Apr 2011, 02:25
Folks

The reservation system doesn't allow any purchase after Oct 30 on TXL-GVA and TXL-BSL. Are those routes abandoned ? Would seem odd ... Maybe something to do with BBI opening around those dates ?

Seljuk22
6th Apr 2011, 08:23
It's SXF and some winter flights from SXF are not yet bookable. Should be coming soon like the 2 new routes to AGA and TFS.

Mr A Tis
6th Apr 2011, 09:38
Any EZY web site experts here?
I have a couple of EZY flights booked & my API is stored OK.
However, I have also decided to give easyjet holidays a go. In this case it will not store the API ( it has to be a different log in ) It always says unable to store API try again later.
I e-mailed easyjet hols customer service 2 weeks ago with no reply.
Any ideas on how the API can be stored ?
I don't understand why you have to have a different log on from easyjet.com & easyjet holidays.com & why if you have an account it isn't auto stored anyway.
Of course, it would be nice if customer services replied to their customers.

Thanks

Saint Gallen
7th Apr 2011, 19:29
I too received the e-mail about hand baggage. I don't think it's a question of not abiding by the rules. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I have worked in aviation long enough. What I think here is a case of stable doors and horses. People, me included, have been playing with the rules for a long time. And now this is going to cause delays, stress, arguments, fights even, at the gate. I know. It happened recently on the way back from Malaga, when a young guy was asked to put his case in the measuring apparatus. He had to really stuff it in and then could not get it out!!!! Not sure whether he made the flight or not!
What I think is ridiculous is that my lap top is smaller than some peoples coats (or "overcoats" - I think their dictionary needs updating) and/or a bag full of duty free. I dont put it in a laptop bag I carry it in my hand. Now I am going to have to put it in my case, and then get it out on the aircraft before putting the case in the overhead bins, so delaying other pax who want to sit down. Contrary to what EZY say is the reason for doing this. In summer I probably dont have a coat so I am actually less of a problem than someone laptopless in winter with a big coat. Lap top bags yes again not a problem, They do take up space. And while I'm rattling on, why penalise women's (and, increasingly, men's) handbags as long as they are a reasonable size - again specifiy dimensions. We could argue for hours about what and what not to take but I think this is just another bad publicity day for the low cost operators. What was needed here was some common sense and as we all know in the aviation world that doesn't always happen! Remember EZY, you need your customers to survive. Stop making an already annoying experience worse.

Stone Cold II
8th Apr 2011, 12:21
Unfortunately it has become a common occurrence that flight get delayed whilst we get peoples hand luggage into the hold as there is no room in the cabin.

People bring on hand luggage that is quite clearly a suitcase and not hand luggage. This happens on most flights I do and it's very annoying when you are running early and now have suffered a delay because people are really bending the rules and bringing far to many things into the cabin. Passengers do this knowing that if it has to go in the hold they don't get charged.

easyjet are just trying to educate people that if it is too big for the cabin best book it into the hold when booking the flight otherwise you will get stung when you try to board. If people followed the guidelines we wouldn't have had this problem, but people took advantage.

easyflyer83
8th Apr 2011, 16:24
Absolutely. On certain routes it's horrendous. It is also becoming increasingly obvious that it is not all down to people avoiding hold charges. There are many who are in such a rush, they don't want to wait in baggage reclaim and then there are those who have checked a bag but also carries the kitchen sink in their hand luggage.

Now Easyjet aren't perfect, I could happily sit here and discuss my pet hates but like Stone Cold says, in this instance Easyjet are trying to edicate passengers.

Saint Gallen. You make a worthy remark about using discretion but this in itself causes problems as it's far from consistent meaning you get away with one thing on one occasion but not on another. Lets be honest, Easyjet's hand baggage allowance is not stingy.

easyJet Holidays
13th Apr 2011, 08:09
Hi Mr A Tis,

I'm sorry you've had difficulty logging into the easyJet Holidays My Bookings section of the easyJet Holidays website.

Can you please email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you in this matter.

Thanks,
easyJet Holidays Team

easyflyer83
13th Apr 2011, 11:53
Hows that for customer service Mr A Tis!

lfc84
13th Apr 2011, 13:16
How's that for customer service

Not very good.

He emailed customer services 3 weeks ago.

After 2 weeks he resorted to posting on a forum.

paully
13th Apr 2011, 13:59
Its still more than he would have got from O`Leary

lfc84
13th Apr 2011, 14:09
@paully

agreed

easyflyer83
13th Apr 2011, 14:22
I meant the fact that someone has took the time to register on here to help the guy out. In my book, thats no bad customer service.

lfc84
13th Apr 2011, 14:28
the fact that someone has took the time to register on here to help the guy out

its good. but a pity it was necessary

daz211
13th Apr 2011, 15:43
Dont start slagging off O'leary, I went online holiday hunting last week and thought I would get a good deal on Easyjet holidays but before I booked I thought I would see if I could book flights and hotel on other websites...

This is what I found !!!

A Holiday on Easyjet holidays £320 for 2 adults (Lanzarote).
Flights with Ryanair and hotel through On the beach £120 for 2 adults.

A MASSIVE £200 saving :mad:.

So yes it is more than you would get from O'leary, £200 more infact.
Ryanair flight to ACE (Lanzarote) £35 rtn beat that Easyjet :ouch:.

wanna_be_there
13th Apr 2011, 15:58
why do people look at price and automatically think 'they are trying to rip me off'???

Could it just be that Easyjet has filled more seats, so now its going towards the top end fares?

Its all about supply and demand, not 'ripping people off'!

Dont start slagging off O'leary

Also, the original post was not about price, but customer service, which, judging off what many people I know have said, that easyjet do seem to care a bit more....

daz211
13th Apr 2011, 16:26
Yer right !
Thats why 2 yrs ago when I flew STN-NCL to visit my Mum in a Cancer hospital on a day Rtn, the day she started treatment, the flight diverted to MAN then we were coached to NCL, I was charged for a missed departure because by time they got me to NCL the Rtn flight had left to come back to STN... yer well done Easyjet...

And as for the price of a ticket I do know very well how the pricing works but at the end of the day I dont think that Easyjet has Ever had tickets from LON-ACE for £35 rtn inc tax and charges .

And when someone is looking for a flight or holiday and they see it £200 more they are hardly likely to book it because its a fuller flight are they.

wanna_be_there
13th Apr 2011, 16:47
well, funny as Ive just done the quickest of searches for 11th September, and both Ryanair and Easyjet are comming up at £79.99

In fact, on looking, whilst Ryanair wins on frequency, Easyjet more often or not comes up cheaper (Easyjet typical £79.99 vs Ryanair £99.99 typical.

easyflyer83
13th Apr 2011, 16:53
daz211 there is nothing wrong with showing a dislike for easyjet but calm down. Your views come across more like an hysterical rant.

lfc84, i think i've come across you before. Again, some individual from Easyjet holidays has come here to help Mr A Tis out. Regardless of what has happened before, that individual is giving great customer service. I'm not pouring praise over them for no reason and as you'll undoubtedly know, it's low cost holiday group who operate the show.

cesare.caldi
13th Apr 2011, 17:13
When will go on sale winter route from SXF?

daz211
13th Apr 2011, 17:59
I dont dislike Easyjet ! I just dont think they are better than Ryanair in price and customer service...

And as for price look for dates in the first few days in May, we all know that Ryanair dont sell cheap seats so far in advance (Sep).

At this time you will find ACE is £35 RTN and IBZ/PMI £24 RTN (all inc).

lfc84
13th Apr 2011, 18:23
in my experience easyjet customer service is very good so long as you phone up. in my experience if you email you will wait a long time for a response.

on the one occasion i have emailed ryanair in advance of travel i didnt get a reply (even though the email got a read receipt). i've never had to phone ryanair so cant comment on that aspect.

perhaps easyjet customer service is different to easyjet holidays customer service since the website easyjet holidays is operated by lowcostbeds. do the customer service roles sit within each respective organisation?

easyflyer83
13th Apr 2011, 18:29
AFAIK, Easyjet Holidays is an easyjet "branded" operation arm of lowcostholidays group. Outsourced in other words Therefore i imagine that actual customer interaction with Easyjet is minimal....until they arrive at the airport.

Mr A Tis
13th Apr 2011, 19:19
Not sure I would agree that it is "great customer service" to come on here and tell me to e-mail the exact address I had already done so three weeks beforehand without any response.
I also don't see why you should have to ring a premium rate number to sort out their web site cock ups.
Anyway easyhols obviously read the forum & low and behold the web-site glitch is fixed & problem resolved.
The big Orange is not my favourite airline after being on the receiving end of last summers fiasco. However, I'm prepared to see if Ms McCall has really sorted the mess out.
On the face of it, the easyhol looks like a good deal, in that it is over the Christmas period, the flights were half the Spotty M price & they had the exact apartment I wanted. As a package I couldn't beat the apartment price with anyone else & also as a package you get discounted baggage & discounted speedy boarding.
I presume if the flights go tits up then it is "easy" to get the whole lot reimbursed / amended as it is a package.

fjencl
14th Apr 2011, 16:13
How many 737-700's are still in the easyJet fleet...????

Is there a date when there will be no longer 737's at Easyjet

Anybody know....???

easyflyer83
14th Apr 2011, 16:38
IIRC, 2 will remain until the end of Summer 2012. Unless i dreamt it somewhere.

Little Blue
14th Apr 2011, 18:00
You didn't !! 2 til next year !

fjencl
14th Apr 2011, 18:31
Cheers thanks for the info
:ok:

Seljuk22
23rd Apr 2011, 08:10
cesare.caldi wrote on 5th April:

Easyjet from winter season will close MXP-BRI, MXP-OTP and MXP-MLA but increase frequency on MXP-AMS and MXP-PRG

LH Italia will cancel its flights from MXP to LIS and BUD from 1st July and will decrease frequencies to CDG (4 daily > 3 daily), NAP (3 > 2) and CTA (3 > 2).
I think a lot of passengers from LH will move to EZY. But both canceled OTP and BUD.

Comparison of daily flights from MXP next winter:
London (LH (bmi) LHR 5, EZY LGW 4 + LTN 2)
CDG (LH 3, EZY 7)
AMS (LH 0, EZY 4)
BRU (LH 0, EZY 2)
MAD (LH 0, EZY 3)
BCN (LH 3, EZY 3)
LIS (LH 0, EZY 1)
PRG (LH 1, EZY 1)
WAW (LH 2, EZY 0)
ARN (LH 1, EZY 0)
CPH (LH 0, EZY 1)
ATH (LH 0, EZY 1)
FCO (LH 0, EZY 5)
NAP (LH 2, EZY 5)
CTA (LH 2, EZY 3)
PMO (LH 1, EZY 2)
BRI (LH 1, EZY 0)

The first A319 will leave the fleet:
G-EZEJ, G-EZEH, G-EZEM all in Abu Dhabi. SN will take them all.

easy26
3rd May 2011, 01:55
Hi Everyone,

I've been interested in LGW's Easyjet movements for a while now I've been using Planefinder to track flights but is there a way I can find out which easyjet airframes are based at LGW and what routes a certain airframe is assigned to for a certain day

IE G-EZID EGKK/LPPR/EGKK/LIML/EGKK Today

Any info would be great!

ben_keghead
3rd May 2011, 21:33
Not really because all of the aircraft change bases and operate different routes and destinations every day

lplsprog
4th May 2011, 07:29
easyJet have said that one of their new aircraft will be painted all orange to comemorate their 15th anniversary. It will be seen at all bases eventually ie "doing the rounds"

easyflyer83
5th May 2011, 01:43
Really? They've left it a little bit late for the 15th birthday.

lplsprog
5th May 2011, 09:39
Yes, they were founded in 1995, I was told it was their 15th by one of their managers but it's a bit late if that's the celebration.:confused:

Seljuk22
5th May 2011, 13:35
BSL will get its 7th a/c (A320) next December along with new routes to TFS and FUE.
in German:
Easyjet plant Ausbau in Basel - News Wirtschaft: Unternehmen - bazonline.ch (http://bazonline.ch/wirtschaft/unternehmen-und-konjunktur/Easyjet-plant-Ausbau-in-Basel/story/29195807)

dalej123
7th May 2011, 09:54
Does Anyone know if Easyjet are planning to lease the 757 again this summer? I am flying LGW - SSH on Easyjet and really hope it is a 757

Thanks
Dale

beauport potato man
7th May 2011, 11:50
dalej123,

I think it highly unlikely..... expect a new A320. No plans (yet) to subcharter at all.

BPM

Seljuk22
7th May 2011, 18:35
New design
http://www7.pic-upload.de/07.05.11/g3d16gbj7ir.jpg

Thad Jarvis
7th May 2011, 20:02
Don't panic..it's a one-off

dwlpl
7th May 2011, 21:18
..... as posted by lplsprog earlier.

easyflyer83
8th May 2011, 00:24
Saw earlier today on the other site. Well people keep whinging about "eurowhite".

adfly
8th May 2011, 08:07
If it's a 'backwards' livery then shouldn't the tail be white with orange writing as in the pic it's the same as all of the of the other ezy aircraft?

Akrapovic
8th May 2011, 10:02
It's the 200th Airbus apparently . . . ;)

racedo
10th May 2011, 07:15
BBC News - Easyjet losses widen as fuel costs rise (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13343499)

"The carrier reported pre-tax losses for the six months to the end of March of £153m ($250m), up from a loss of £79m on a year ago."

Bad set of results that will no doubt have the majority shareholder making his feelings known about expansion.

Wee Weasley Welshman
10th May 2011, 09:16
Shares in EZJ sharply up 5.36% as I type.

As the statement said - on target to meet full year profits as per business plan. This is an an airline that increased capacity by 12%. In a fragile economic market.

The oil price collapse and looming London Olympics will combine to put considerable upside on this story in due course.

Akrapovic
10th May 2011, 10:34
Bad set of results that will no doubt have the majority shareholder making his feelings known about expansion. :rolleyes:

Every year we get this . . .

It's the half-year results which are always a loss - like most airlines, a loss is made in the winter and gains are made in the summer as www points out . . .

eastern wiseguy
10th May 2011, 10:51
Liking the all Orange look.....:ok:

lfc84
10th May 2011, 14:24
Bad set of results that will no doubt have the majority shareholder making his feelings known about expansion.

Every year we get this . . .

It's the half-year results which are always a loss - like most airlines, a loss is made in the winter and gains are made in the summer as www points out . . .

It in the results pdf as well that they normally make a 1st half loss!

easyflyer83
10th May 2011, 14:44
Absolutely. Plus the additional loss on last year almost entirely accounted for by increased tax and increased fuel bill. Ancilliary revenue per seat remains mainly flat but pax's continue to increase and yields remain strong.

pwalhx
10th May 2011, 14:57
You are all missing the point, it was just an expected opportunity for someone to have a pop at Easyjet and we all know why.

easyflyer83
10th May 2011, 15:21
As a side, there will be some announcement attached to the bright orange A320.

there is a special reason for this, however we do not want to spoil the surprise just yet! All we can say is "All will be revealed on 26th May"...

The above is in response to a question asked on the staff intranet. The A320, according to jethro's fleet lists, is due on the 16th.

GnRdL
10th May 2011, 18:40
After almost three years without any news (other than cuts), after that Manchester - Alicante which launched 29 September 2008, I wonder if easyJet will have short-term plans in Alicante.

A special case is the connection between Alicante and Rome. The route has never been operated and is a unique business opportunity for easyJet.

Especially after the conflict between Alicante airport authorities and Ryanair, I think "it's good fishing in troubled waters". For Ryanair, Alicante has always been a gold mine. Clearly when they don't close all routes in winter.

Sorry for this off topic.

atakacs
10th May 2011, 18:51
Anyone with an update about SXF winter routes ?

racedo
10th May 2011, 19:20
It in the results pdf as well that they normally make a 1st half loss!

Having changed all of the management team and do worse than the old team I can't see how people see it as ok. Just because it happened before doesn't mean you accept it.

easyflyer83
10th May 2011, 20:04
Racedo, nearly all airlines make a loss over the Winter. They make the profit in the Summer months. I'm sure you know that the industry is very seasonal, well this is apparant when it comes to financial results.

JSCL
10th May 2011, 20:25
It's seasonal, but there are ways to make it a profitable season full stop. Just needs the right routes and scheduled aircraft on them.

LD12986
10th May 2011, 20:34
Stelios is indeed still not happy:

FT.com / Companies / Airlines - Founder seeks special dividend from EasyJet (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/eea6036c-7adf-11e0-991a-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1LtNH6jll)

“The company’s balance sheet is too lazy as a result of the previous absurd policy of zero dividends for 11 years after the IPO,” said Sir Stelios, the biggest single shareholder with control over a 38 per cent stake.

Sir Stelios, who stepped down as chairman in November 2002, said the airline had £600m more in cash than the mandated board policy.

“I think shareholders would be better off if the board returned this surplus cash to them, so they can invest it in other businesses.”

easyflyer83
10th May 2011, 21:05
It's seasonal, but there are ways to make it a profitable season full stop. Just needs the right routes and scheduled aircraft on them.

So why do so many/nearly all airlines fail to make a profit over these months? Making money in specific months/seasons is not a trend curious to just the airline industry either.

You're right, there are certain routes/network changes that can be made. Reducing aircraft utilisation is even an option. Most airlines (and certainly Easyjet) impliment these changes. However, they are done primarily to reduce losses.

I'm not going to patronise you. You know that there is huge seasonality in the industry and by virtue it is difficult to make money in the low months but very easy to make money in the high season. Consequently, what do you think Easyjet does wrong in the Winter that suddenly corrects itself in the Summer?

As for Stelios. I don't always agree with everything Easyjet does believe me. However, this guy really needs to shut up or sell. Growth has been measured in my opinion unlike FR's huge commitment to Boeings. Don't get me wrong, there have been issues along the way such as LGW's appalling OTP/Operational Performance last Summer but this wasn't down to the growth rate of the airline.

Hamburg 2K8
11th May 2011, 17:32
Flying out to Lanzarote tomorrow afternoon from Liverpool and back on Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning 18th May. Are both flights going to be A320s? What are the loads like for Easy to Lanzarote out of Liverpool? Is there a lot of competition from airlines on this route from MAN?

dwlpl
11th May 2011, 18:56
A320 both ways.

JSCL
11th May 2011, 19:42
Closest to competition is Jet2 and possibly Monarch.

The budget guys don't tend to touch MAN 'too' much - few Ryanair and Eqsyjet options from MAN - budget is really with Jet2 - TCX and TOM might also. But they are usually seasonal.

Hamburg 2K8
11th May 2011, 21:23
Thanks for the info. Any idea on loads for both flights?

ladies and gentlemen
11th May 2011, 21:31
122 outbound

Hamburg 2K8
11th May 2011, 21:37
Thank You! How many seats on A320 EZY? Is this a popular route for EZY from Liverpool?

dwlpl
11th May 2011, 22:03
Thank You! How many seats on A320 EZY? Is this a popular route for EZY from Liverpool?

EZY A320s fly with 180 seats.

How popular is the route? Because I dont have the breakdown between EZY and FR as yet I can only go by the route as a whole.

The route uplifted 6907 in Feb (CAA) and the combined number of available seats from both airlines in that month was 7344, which returns loads of an average 94%.

ladies and gentlemen
11th May 2011, 22:23
very popular for EZY at LPL. At the moment there is the usual lull between half term/bank holidays and the summer season. The aircraft is G-EZTV that will be operating tomorrow.

easyflyer83
11th May 2011, 23:33
Typically, anything on the Easyjet network 4 hours or more will always be an A320.

JSCL? What do you mean? Few Easyjet options at MAN? 6 aircraft from this month and 20 odd routes.

Hamburg 2K8
12th May 2011, 06:56
Thanks for the info everyone. I didn't know FR also do the route. Checking out now, off to Liverpool in a few hours. Anything worth reporting I will post on my return.

MILEHIGHBOY
12th May 2011, 12:54
I thought the EZY A320s had 177 seats as row 30 DEF is a toilet.

easyflyer83
12th May 2011, 14:20
No 180. Row 31 has just 3 seats. The aircraft could have been configured 180Y with the standard toilet positions but chose to standardise with the A319 by having LAV D in galley position. For the passenger, down to the mid 20's rows, the seat pitch always seems reasonable when compared to the 180 configuration on say TCX. Easyjet's seat pitch is usually classified on various sites as 29" but i'm sure this refers to the last few rows which are, admittedly, very tight. For the rest of the aircraft (A320 and A319) the configuration doesn't actually feel like very high desity. The wider aisle helps with that I think.

fjencl
12th May 2011, 14:57
Is there any more news about easyJet doing allocated seating, it was mentioned
a few months ago but nothing more mentioned.

I wonder if easyJet will ever do expansion out of Inverness or Aberdeen airports.

Surely there is demand for holiday destination airports from both these airports.

racedo
12th May 2011, 16:46
Surely there is demand for holiday destination airports from both these airports.

But is there a demand sufficient to fill an aircraft and is there sufficient in bound to justify it ?

easyflyer83
12th May 2011, 16:58
On the main bucket & spade routes inbound traffic really is a non-issue. But yes, of course sufficient demand to fill an aircraft is of course required and with no base at INV and ABZ, it's probably unlikely.

Allocated seating. According to a communication a few weeks ago, it is still being considered along with other ways of "making the Easyjet experience better". Very generic but that quote was made in response to questions regarding FR's trial and whilst it's not very specific, it does indicate that allocated seating is a possibility in the short/mid term future.

Seljuk22
12th May 2011, 18:52
Another (better) pic of the orange bird. It's the 200th Airbus for EZY. There are rumours EZY could announce a new order (A320neo) when they'll receive it later this month.
Skyliner - aviation news & more (http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=&picid=7185)

racedo
12th May 2011, 20:38
Another (better) pic of the orange bird. It's the 200th Airbus for EZY. There are rumours EZY could announce a new order (A320neo) when they'll receive it later this month.

Looks like they refuelled with Sunny Delight or Being Tangoed.

CabinCrewe
12th May 2011, 22:09
If the charter carriers (Thomson holidays used to offer a resonable program ex INV) havent been able to make significant progress at INV , there must be a reason, and id be surprised if EZY would entertain it. As said, the inbound would be virtually zero on a IBZ-INV, and 150 seats is a lot to fill

easyflyer83
13th May 2011, 00:32
Cabincrewe, as i mentioned before....whilst i agree that it won't happen from these airports, it's not because there is no inbound traffic. Even some routes ex MAN have very little or no inbound traffic.

Chitty
13th May 2011, 08:43
it look like easyjet have two EX-GB airways a321 on order which looks like thay are keeping them go to this website to see Jethro's Previous Updates (http://jethros.eu/previous/previous_updates.htm)
and
easyJet A320 On Order (http://jethros.eu/fleets/fleet_listings/easyjet_a320srs_on_order.htm)

easyflyer83
13th May 2011, 11:18
Being ex GB they've been long known about. If they have changed the order to reflect the Easyjet spec then I dare say they will keep them. If that is the case then an A321 order would be made in due course as operating 2 wouldn't really happen. If not, then i don't think they will.

cesare.caldi
13th May 2011, 16:43
Anyone with an update about SXF winter routes ?

SXF winter route not on sale is probably due to new slot allocation at BBI (new Berlin Airport) due to open in spring 2012

Seljuk22
14th May 2011, 18:42
Page 42
http://easyjet.production.investis.com/~/media/Files/E/easyJet/pdf/investors/presentations/Interims2011-final.pdf

As of 30th September 2013 there will be 1 A321 in the fleet.

IB4138
14th May 2011, 19:42
As of 30th September 2013 there will be 1 A321 in the fleet.

Yes, as previously mentioned, the 2 x 321s ordered by GB have had delivery deferred to 2012/13 and possibly have been changed to EasyJet spec, including engines.

Anansis
15th May 2011, 14:15
Hi all,

Does anyone know what's happening with Easyjet in Germany? Yesterday there were many delays and cancellations at Berlin SXF. When I asked the groundstaff (Servisair) what the problem was they told me that the cabin crew had unexpectedly walked out on strike that morning. I assume this only was only the Berlin based crews as my flight to Liverpool was unaffected (and the cabin crew had no idea what was going on).

Anyone have any details?

Anansis

wozzo
15th May 2011, 15:47
Yesterday there were many delays and cancellations at Berlin SXF. When I asked the groundstaff (Servisair) what the problem was they told me that the cabin crew had unexpectedly walked out on strike that morning.
10 flights have been canceled.

The service sector union Verdi had scheduled a "warning strike" for Berlin based cabin and cockpit crew from 8 to 12 in the morning. "Warning strikes" are in the heavily regulated German IR system short strikes (usually a few hours), which can be legally undertaken during negotiations (not like a "real" strike, which can only be undertaken when negotiations have been declared a failure by one of the parties).

cesare.caldi
15th May 2011, 16:35
Why this strike in Berlin? What are the problems of SXF cabin crew?

jpthomas72
15th May 2011, 19:26
Easyjet flights from Berlin cancelled, delayed by strike | The New Age Online (http://www.thenewage.co.za/17902-1020-53-Easyjet_flights_from_Berlin_cancelled,_delayed_by_strike)

More money, of course. VER.DI is pretty notorious for long strikes. They quite often want 5-7% more and then try how far they can go. A very big, rich and powerful union. They are somehow not worried EZY could close their SXF base (i.e. replace it with planes from elsewhere), as they have done with DTM. The strike is an example of the current German 'island thinking', i.e. they have 5% growth a year, so the unions of course now also want some more money. The word "austerity" is not known in Germany currently. Being blind towards e.g. Eastern Europeans doing the same work for a fifth of the money. The capitalistic solution would be (MOL-style): Base the planes in KUN, KTW or RIX, fly them to SXF in the morning, then onwards to Italy and Spain. No base in SXF necessary (FR has no base at SXF). Mind you, EZY's market-position in BER is quite strong, esp as AB is quite a bit more expensive, LH has very limited direct routes. EZY has monopolies to e.g. GVA, and most flights a day to the UK. There isn't much risk 4U or FR would try to steal UK routes from them, really esp with GBP and UK economy so weak. NB I believe all LTN flights are LTN based aircraft, so they were not affected.

EI-BUD
15th May 2011, 19:31
EZY's market-position in BER is quite strong, esp as AB is quite a bit more expensive

SXF is also in a different locations to Tegel where AB and other legacy carriers operate from so in its own rite may be attractive so EZY dont necessarily always need to be cheapest?

What happens when Brandenburg International Airport opens next year, this will be the only civil airport for Berlin? In which case will EZY Maintain base, will FR maintain level of routes? Given that the shiny new airport will probably not come cheap in which charges may not be as flexible as they have been to date???

EI-BUD

easyflyer83
15th May 2011, 21:09
Easyjet operate to some of the busiest, most major airports across Europe. They will continue to "serve" Berlin.

cesare.caldi
16th May 2011, 16:03
In my opinion when BBI airport will open next year there will be a lot of change in Berlin airline market.

LH have intention to move BBI into a small hub like DUS with a lot of new european route and some long range route.

AB is now the number one airline in TXL and wont to maintain this position in BBI. They offer a small hub with national, european and some long range route.

The position of low cost airline especially Easyjet and Ryanair is uncertain. New BBI have major cost and low cost airline may be reduce their presence.

nonemmet
16th May 2011, 17:44
Why this strike in Berlin? What are the problems of SXF cabin crew?

It's not only the cabin crew. Verdi also represent the pilots.

It's not particularly about money either - although money is always important!

It is about easyjet having to be dragged kicking and screaming into compiance with German Labour Law,which as some will know requires a lot of information sharing and co-determination. This is anathema to easyjet management who seem to think they can bully the local employees into signing away or not pursuing their rights.

This often results in easyjet being taken to court, where they lose.

In a recent brush with the German legal system easyjet disputed a verdi lawyers fee that they were required to pay. The judgement - easyjet were ordered to pay triple the original fee. That is not the sort of judgement handed down against a litigant who is seen to be being reasonable.

Seljuk22
17th May 2011, 16:17
Could these problems at SXF be the reason why there are no flights (op. by SXF based a/c) bookable for next winter?

cesare.caldi
17th May 2011, 17:26
This is one reason but there is also the negotiation between Easyjet and BBI about the future of Berlin base.

jpthomas72
30th May 2011, 16:56
Some good news for EZY at SXF then: It looks like the competition organised by Air Baltic and Skyways.se with a direct flight TXL-GVA planned to start from June is not happening. The flight is not bookable anymore on Skyways.se, and BT is giving prices >470 EUR, which is their usual way of telling you: "Well, we might get you there via RIX, but don't really want you to book this". This is surely a profitable route for EZY, with GVA area booming and no competition.
--- Correction 1st June:
This flight has appeared again ! Starting 29th August.

Hamburg 2K8
1st Jun 2011, 19:15
When are flights avilable to book for May 2012 onwards? Have booked a hotel in Sharm El Sheik for a week next May and want to have a look at flights. A load of us (friends and relatives) go away for a week every May always somewhere different and we always use EasyJet. Flights only showing until January 2012 at the moment whilst FR are showing up until June 2012?

Also, on another topic how can I change my username on this site? Can't seem to find anywhere to change it. Hamburg 2K8 was from when I lived and worked in Hamburg (for Airbus UK) in 2008.

Thanks and Good Evening!

Seljuk22
4th Jun 2011, 17:55
SXF winter routes are on sale now.

MAN is getting a 7th a/c next summer
easyJet investment to create hundreds of jobs | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/s/1422641_easyjet-investment-to-create-hundreds-of-jobs)

BigFrank
4th Jun 2011, 18:20
This is the gist of one earlier post.

Have they never heard of Herr O´Leary then ?

jpthomas72
5th Jun 2011, 17:43
Have they never heard of Herr O´Leary then ? FR has no staff based at SXF. No FR staff in Germany is organised in a union. It's of course a different story why this is so. I don't think I ever had German staff in a FR aircraft, though there must be some at the HHN, NRN and BRE bases, but even there hardly any German nationals. Quite typical for Germans to leave low-paid and low-profile jobs to EU or Turkish immigrants.
EZY staff at their SXF base is organised in the powerful service union VERDI (millions of members) . SXF is EZY's only remaining base in Germany (probably for exactly that reason). The union has limited interest in the fate of Eastern European workers (as you can read in recent interviews about the 1st May job market opening).

Expressflight
14th Jun 2011, 10:02
Could an announcment about a SEN operation for 2012 be imminent?

This morning an Easyjet A319 arrived at SEN and is currently parked on the apron with an Eddie Stobart lorry on either side of it, as if ready for a photo shoot.

RJELLISUK
14th Jun 2011, 12:35
Yep, they are launching the new operation from sen. Photoshoot today etc. Be interesting to hear the plans :)

fjencl
14th Jun 2011, 16:36
Any ezy staff got any information on this announcement for SEN airport.

Will it just be flights operating to and from SEN, or will it be an EZY Base.

ib26uk
14th Jun 2011, 17:16
Could it be a GVA / SEN route ?

RJELLISUK
14th Jun 2011, 19:02
Possibly.
Arann are said to be doing AMS from sen later in the year.
I think the hype was about a carrier doing "sunshine" links, but I guess anything is possible. We will just have to wait and see.

fjencl
15th Jun 2011, 17:22
Easyjet set to fly from Stobart's Southend airport, but Greek woes hit FTSE | Business | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/marketforceslive/2011/jun/15/easyjet-southend-airport)

maliyahsdad2
16th Jun 2011, 07:56
easyJet to launch services from London Southend Airport (http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2011/16-06-2011.aspx?sc_lang=en)

http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2011/%7E/media/Images/E/easyJet/Images/content-images/press-releases/easyJet-southend-1-thumb-new.jpg?w=555&h=372&as=1

ara01jbb
16th Jun 2011, 08:04
Good of FR to bring along their new fleet for the SLF to compare :E

racedo
16th Jun 2011, 08:52
Wonder how many people with be bitching about U2 flying from LONDON Southend Airport as they would if FR was flying from there.

rolling20
16th Jun 2011, 09:16
Announced this morning that Easyjet are going to launch 10 routes from Southend in April 2012 and rationalize Stansted routes.
Stobart have put a lot of investment into the airport and now looks like its paying off, though some locals are still trying to get the runway extension blocked I hear.

Three aircraft and mix of city and leisure routes.

RedhillPhil
16th Jun 2011, 09:40
Only an airline could refer to Southend as London!

Skipness One Echo
16th Jun 2011, 09:42
Which one of those three would I be travelling on then? I'm betting one of the wingmen...

ElitePilot
16th Jun 2011, 09:53
Correction.. Only a loco airline could! :ugh:

daz211
16th Jun 2011, 09:55
Wonder if we will see a green easy jet.com for the first based Aircraft, would be nice.

ara01jbb
16th Jun 2011, 10:13
Out of interest, I know BA are the "official" airline of London 2012, so how far can Easyjet and SEN go marketing this as the ideal airline and airport for the games before the Olympics legal team start complaining?

pwalhx
16th Jun 2011, 10:35
Wonder how many people with be bitching about U2 flying from LONDON Southend Airport as they would if FR was flying from there.

Is it any different than flying from London Luton? Which if I recall correctly both FR and EZY do.

marchino61
16th Jun 2011, 10:39
True, it's a bit of a stretch to call it London, but on the other hand, the train times into London are similar to Stansted - and if you are going to the Olympics at Stratford, Southend will be faster.

Sounds like those bean counters at Easyjet are putting pressure on Stansted to keep their landing fees down!

And have you forgotten the ancient plans to build a new London airport on Maplin Sands....not far from Southend.

antonovman
16th Jun 2011, 10:47
They must have got a hell of a good deal from the airport authority

1.3VStall
16th Jun 2011, 11:04
So in addition to Heathrow and Gatwick we now have London Luton, London Stansed, London Southend and, with a stretch of imagination, London Oxford. I suppose the next iteration of this utter mis-naming nonsense will be Ryanair starting up operations from London Norwich?

srobarts
16th Jun 2011, 11:09
Jet 2 and EasyJet have been using London Newquay for training!

JSCL
16th Jun 2011, 11:15
Load more pictures on Southend gallery:

easyJet Announcement Photos | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.161177443947451.41433.130834463648416)