PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]

MANFOD
20th Dec 2016, 09:41
AerRyan, DomyDom has made the point very well about MAN's extensive catchment area of 22m people, and a good number of these surprise, surprise, seem to enjoy visiting Spain for holidays or city breaks.

Are you seriously suggesting that easyjet don't research their potential routes properly to assess which might be viable? Perhaps they drew lots as to which UK airports to serve Granada from!

chaps1954
20th Dec 2016, 09:42
AerRyan I think you will find Manchester is bigger than the all the scottish airport put together

Ian

LGWAlan
20th Dec 2016, 12:49
Phalcon - EZY announced LGW-GRX too - 3 days weekly.....

RAT 5
20th Dec 2016, 13:52
GRX has much more to offer than just visits to Granada. It is a lovely small airport; much more customer friendly than AGP. It is very useful for access to the southern coast east of Malaga; even Malaga itself. Flights may be at much more convent times and better prices, and certainly the processing through the airport is much less hassle than AGP. The same is true for using Jerez or Seville instead of AGP. Pax need to be a little more lateral thinking in their trip planning; they can reap great benefits.

Phalconphixer
20th Dec 2016, 23:47
@LGWAlan... Yee Ha! Thank you so much for that great news. I had missed it because El Pais In English the Spanish online Daily newspaper failed to include it in its listings!
For me and my OH its brilliant news... we have a teeny weeny townhouse more or less under the approach path to Rw 09.
AGP is a bitch to get to from Granada by public transport... no direct train route (never has been!) and while there are several buses per day, only one a day each way serves the villages and towns en-route... so its a taxi or hire car... When we were expecting visitors, I used to monitor Granada Approach listening out for the handoff then go out to my car and take a steady 70kph drive to the airport, invariably arriving just as the aircraft touched down.
@RAT5 Totally agree... Everything you say about the airport is correct; wonderful city wonderful province.
Local bus companies need to liaise more with the airport authorities however... There is a direct service to Granada City and a couple of other minor towns and villages but the Inter-City bus co. ALSA do not go there at all... and never have done...

MKY661
21st Dec 2016, 22:48
Rat 5 There's also GIB that serves the Costa Del Sol too. When we travel there we tend to use GIB as it's much easier for us :)

racedo
22nd Dec 2016, 09:39
GRX from Gatwick would figure more like to have a good chance of sticking simply because sheer levels of Spanish people living in South East.
Worked in Manchester for a year in 2014 and found level of Europeans from Mediterranean well below London.

As for populations, while claiming that Man does cover a huge area is great, I wonder what the % who actually fly during the year is like.

Just using the different businesses worked with in Manchester and South East I would suggest probably 1 in 10 people in Manchester flew other than for Summer holidays, in the South East probably 1 in 4 from personal experience.

DomyDom
22nd Dec 2016, 10:37
GRX from Gatwick would figure more like to have a good chance of sticking simply because sheer levels of Spanish people living in South East.
Worked in Manchester for a year in 2014 and found level of Europeans from Mediterranean well below London.

As for populations, while claiming that Man does cover a huge area is great, I wonder what the % who actually fly during the year is like.

Just using the different businesses worked with in Manchester and South East I would suggest probably 1 in 10 people in Manchester flew other than for Summer holidays, in the South East probably 1 in 4 from personal experience.
racedo, EZY are a hard headed business and I'm sure they have done their research. I think the figures alone for MAN, although not yet at LGW levels show decent growth and the potential for more given its second runway. MAN also benefits from excellent transport links given the proximity of the M6/M56 and main line rail, as well as many intercontinental connections from the USA and Middle/ Far East. Regarding the population's propensity to fly during the year it all depends on the population you are working with. My experience is exactly the opposite to yours in that most people I know in the Manchester area fly at least once a month, also there is a large Spanish population that attend Manchester University who regularly fly back to Spain. There are also many high tech and engineering businesses that attract a lot of EU graduates. One thing to keep in mind is that if you want to get anywhere in Europe from Manchester, it tends to be easier to fly directly rather than change in London for Eurostar hence we tend to have to fly pretty much by default. I hope this helps illuminate.

easyflyer83
23rd Dec 2016, 10:22
We can discuss London Vs Manchester for hours and there are different trends in the populations and the way they travel but look.... if MAN can support 3 daily A380 with just one of the Middle East 3 that use the airport then I reckon a two weekly GRX on a low cost will be a piece of cake. The opposite end of Spain maybe but MAN and EZY manage to support BIO and that route, incidentally, is patronised mainly by the Spanish.

Seljuk22
6th Jan 2017, 16:23
2016 passenger figures

Passengers: 74,452,487 +6.6%
Load factor: 91.5% -0.1 p.p.
easyJet Media Centre (http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10094)

Passenger numbers grew 15% last December

racedo
6th Jan 2017, 18:45
2016 passenger figures

Passengers: 74,452,487 +6.6%
Load factor: 91.5% -0.1 p.p.
easyJet Media Centre (http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10094)

Passenger numbers grew 15% last December

Crikey FR are 43 Million Pax above that................... figured U2 would start to catch up.

BFS BHD
30th Jan 2017, 19:53
When does EasyJet get their first A320neo?

shamrock7seal
3rd Feb 2017, 06:28
Any truth to this rumour on the BOH thread about 1 based A320 from May?

StevieW
3rd Feb 2017, 07:24
That wasn't a rumour, it was a child's fantasy. The same person who expected Emirates to start BOH flights.

Tonyq
3rd Feb 2017, 22:11
When does EasyJet get their first A320neo?
According to the January In-flight magazine, the first A320NEO is due in June 2017

BFS BHD
3rd Feb 2017, 23:31
Thanks Tonyq. :)

Powerjet1
9th Feb 2017, 05:33
New routes. LTN-IOM, up to 4 weekly, LTN-ZAD, 2 weekly.

alasdair1
9th Feb 2017, 12:03
Hi
Does any one know. How many seats the easyJet A320 Neo will be fitted with as I know the CEO they have 180/189
And the Neo max is 195Y

Alasdair

HeartyMeatballs
9th Feb 2017, 13:42
They'll all be 186 eventually. CEOs being retrofitted over the next few winters, NEOs all coming with the 186 seat cabin.

alasdair1
9th Feb 2017, 14:49
thank you HeartyMeatballs for your reply and info

FRatSTN
16th Feb 2017, 10:13
Not sure I'm liking EZYs new reservation system :\

toledoashley
16th Feb 2017, 13:03
New reservation system? I'm not seeing it.

alasdair1
17th Feb 2017, 15:12
Hi I wasnt aware that they had changed their reservation system

twtiger
28th Feb 2017, 07:03
Has anyone heard about EZY new AOC in the EU? I've heard its likely to be Austria though its only speculation.

Do you think EZY will increase its intra EU operations due to Brexit and its new AOC? Maybe compete more with the likes of Ryanair for european flights?

alasdair1
28th Feb 2017, 13:48
Hi
I have Just received these messages this morning regarding my flights.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FLIGHT

Dear Alasdair,

We are writing to let you know that the assigned aircraft to operate your flight EZY6947 to Milas Bodrum on 10-05-2017 has been changed. As the position of the last rows of seats on the aircraft has now changed, your seat number may also have changed.

We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience these changes may cause you.

/
I also Received one for my flight on 20-05-17 Bjv-edi
does anyone know what this means.
regards
alasdair

FRatSTN
28th Feb 2017, 13:53
alasdair1

Probably means they've changed the aircraft from an A319 to A320 (or vice versa) hence there's more/less rows of seats.

Evanelpus
28th Feb 2017, 13:53
regards
alasdair

Really? Seriously?

BHX_SLF
28th Feb 2017, 16:15
Hi
I have Just received these messages this morning regarding my flights.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FLIGHT

Dear Alasdair,

We are writing to let you know that the assigned aircraft to operate your flight EZY6947 to Milas Bodrum on 10-05-2017 has been changed. As the position of the last rows of seats on the aircraft has now changed, your seat number may also have changed.

We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience these changes may cause you.

/
I also Received one for my flight on 20-05-17 Bjv-edi
regards
alasdair

I have received a similar message for my flight PFO to LGW. I think they issue this message when the A320 is going to be one with the extra 6 seats. easyJet are reconfiguring their A320's from 180 seats to 186 seats by repositioning one of the toilets at the back of the aircraft and replacing the freed up space with 6 seats. All new A320's are being delivered in this new config.

alasdair1
28th Feb 2017, 16:23
Thanks to BHX_SLF,Evanelpus,FR AT STN

I thank you for your help as It was showing the set map for a A320_180 and still is but BHX_SLF it maybe as you say moving from a A320_180 TO a A320_186
they must of sold alot of seats to move it .

Alasdair

marko1
2nd Mar 2017, 21:11
Just wondering does anyone know if the summer schedules are complete as peak summer frequencies are lower than they are at the start of the summer. This is with particular regard to Bristol but I know that it's a similar situation at other airports too.

gilesdavies
2nd Mar 2017, 22:53
alasdair1

Probably means they've changed the aircraft from an A319 to A320 (or vice versa) hence there's more/less rows of seats.

I have received a similar message for my flight PFO to LGW. I think they issue this message when the A320 is going to be one with the extra 6 seats. easyJet are reconfiguring their A320's from 180 seats to 186 seats by repositioning one of the toilets at the back of the aircraft and replacing the freed up space with 6 seats. All new A320's are being delivered in this new config.

I wouldn't worry too much, even though you have paid for a particular seat on the plane and easyJet have moved you, when you go to check in, you can change to any seat of your choice (in the same zone, matching the price you previously paid).

I think you can check-in online 60 days before departure, so might be worth checking-in in as early as possible and then re-choosing what seats you want, of what is left.

Captain_Caveman
3rd Mar 2017, 14:48
I wouldn't worry too much, even though you have paid for a particular seat on the plane and easyJet have moved you, when you go to check in, you can change to any seat of your choice (in the same zone, matching the price you previously paid).

I think you can check-in online 60 days before departure, so might be worth checking-in in as early as possible and then re-choosing what seats you want, of what is left.

Alasdair - the message is sent out to advise a change of seating configuration which will mean a change between A319 156Y/ A320a 180Y or A320b 186Y or when a subcharter is used that has another variation. In your case I am Certain you have changed from 180Y to 186Y A320. The online seat may on easyJet.com only shows the 180 seat map, the extra 6 seats at the aft starboard side are allocated via call centre or automatically when check in opens. You can check your allocated seat if you have pre paid it via the website or if you are letting easyjet chose your seat then this will obviously be shown to you when the check in window opens.
Just because the flight has changed capacity doesn't necessarily mean the flight is selling good or bad... it just means that line of flying is next to be refitted in the new configuration or one of the new deliveries already configured as 186 has been allocated to the route. Hope this helps.

inOban
10th Mar 2017, 16:14
Marko 1

Some additional flights have been added today from EDI and BFS. In the case of EDI they restore some, not all, of the dropped rotations. You may find that some of your dropped flights have been restored.

marko1
10th Mar 2017, 16:59
Marko 1

Some additional flights have been added today from EDI and BFS. In the case of EDI they restore some, not all, of the dropped rotations. You may find that some of your dropped flights have been restored.

That's great. Finally some common sense. Many thanks !

MerchantVenturer
10th Mar 2017, 21:40
Ditto Bristol.

inOban
12th Mar 2017, 16:55
On closer inspection of the EDI schedule I see that around a dozen domestic flights pw have been dropped in peak season, which makes sense since there will be fewer high value business PAX then. This would make space for extra holiday flights, but the only additional rotation I have found is an additional Geneva flight. So maybe even more flights will be added as summer demand becomes clear.

AirportsEd
20th Mar 2017, 00:55
What happened to the easyJet operation from AMS on Sunday evening?
Seven departing flights cancelled.

Jorik
20th Mar 2017, 07:14
What happened to the easyJet operation from AMS on Sunday evening?
Seven departing flights cancelled.

Because of strong winds

regularpassenger
24th Mar 2017, 20:42
Does anyone know which flights will be operated by Smart Lynx from Gatwick this summer? (If known at all!)

inOban
26th Mar 2017, 18:58
I see the Basel to EDI flights are now being operated by EasySwiss. How many other UK - Switzerland routes are operated by EasySwiss?

EI-BUD
26th Mar 2017, 22:37
In Winter 17/18; some flights on the following GVA UK routes are operated by EasyJet Switzerland:

Aberdeen
Birmingham
Bournemouth
Leeds Bradford
London Gatwick
Manchester

and Basel Gatwick....

All those with EZS flights prefixes.

yeo valley
27th Mar 2017, 03:25
In Winter 17/18; some flights on the following GVA UK routes are operated by EasyJet Switzerland:

Aberdeen
Birmingham
Bournemouth
Leeds Bradford
London Gatwick
Manchester

and Basel Gatwick....

All those with EZS flights prefixes.

BRS also had 1 on a Saturday with ezs flight no

LiamNCL
27th Mar 2017, 05:57
HB-JXE operated GVA-NCL-GVA some weeks back too

scr1
27th Mar 2017, 06:54
The INV GVA was also operated by easyjet Switzerland

paully
27th Mar 2017, 08:38
Ezy have pulled out of the LBA-GVA route for the next winter

LBIA
27th Mar 2017, 09:55
Easyjet Swiss are operating GVA-LBA for the next 3 weeks which is when the current service finishes.

Seljuk22
14th Apr 2017, 17:51
Bases and based aircraft for summer 2017

Gatwick aprox. 60
Luton 21
Malpensa 21
Bristol 14
Geneva 13
Berlin 12
Manchester 11 (12 from July)
Basel 9
Paris (CDG) 9
Amsterdam 8 (base since 2015 but maybe EZY fastest growing base)
Edinburgh 8
Lyon 7 (I think one night stop in Bordeaux)
Stansted 7
Liverpool 7
Paris (Orly) 6
Belfast 5
Lisbon 5
Glasgow 4
Naples 4
Venice 4
Barcelona 4
Porto 3
Hamburg 3
Southend 3
Newcastle 3
Toulouse 3
Nice 3
Mallorca (seasonal base) 3

260 aircrafts allocated - current fleet 266 aircrafts (143 A319 + 123 A320)

I checked early morning departures, press releases from EZY, post from users here in the forum and the investor report from EZY (page 10/11 but data based on 30th September 2016)
http://corporate.easyjet.com/~/media/Files/E/Easyjet/pdf/investors/result-center-investor/annual-report-2016.pdf

By end of September 2016 they had 257 aircrafts but only 249 were allocated to countries/bases: 140 in UK, 29 Italy, 28 France, 22 Switzerland, 13 Germany, 7 Portugal, 7 Netherlands and 3 in Spain

Regarding UK bases we might have experts here who know better than me and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

tonyb
26th Apr 2017, 19:23
Flights released in the morning, do we think that there will be any surprises in the form of new routes?

inOban
26th Apr 2017, 19:39
New routes are always released separately from the release of an extended booking period like tomorrow.

davidjohnson6
26th Apr 2017, 20:02
Right now, if I was head of network planning for Easyjet, I'd be holding back from any kind of route announcements and watching the situation in Italy very very carefully with a view to announcing new routes or adding capacity at short notice

TBSC
26th Apr 2017, 22:22
Why? The government already announced another loan to be given to Alitalia and it will never stop.

RAT 5
27th Apr 2017, 09:31
The government already announced another loan to be given to Alitalia and it will never stop.

>20 years ago, during the attempted and obviously failed restructuring of Alitalia, the Italian tax-payer was mightily p'd off at the extravagance of tax-payer spending on a lost cause, a real basket case. When you asked anyone from the ground duties departments of Alitalia what their job was, they used to say tug driver or engineer, or.... No, "what is your real job?" So many had 2 jobs because they had so much spare time. I knew senior pursers on old contracts who were paid more than middling senior F/O's on the new Team contracts, and doing less hours.
Management were helpless or useless; you choose. Regarding government loans: I think they only way Brussels will allow that is if they leave EU. I think the fate of Alitalia will be sealed before that happens. Any loans would be screamed at by their competitors. The Etihad life-line was treated with arrogance. The Meditarranean large national airlines seem about to become extinct. Olympic & Iberia have caved in: what's to stop Alitalia making it a trio?

inOban
27th Apr 2017, 09:48
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/55488-italian-govt-dispels-alitalia-renationalization-rumours

It seems clear that the unions knew the game was up,but their members still live in fantasy land. Any loan, which will need EU permission, is to permit an orderly funeral.

tonyb
27th Apr 2017, 09:56
Flights released this morning but service to La Palma (SPC) ends in October.
Which is a shame as it is a great destination and growing in popularity.
We went in March, flights were full both ways.
TOM go twice weekly which would suggest demand is there.
Does anyone have any insider knowledge regarding these flights and if they may come back on sale?

Captain_Caveman
16th May 2017, 07:36
Just announced to staff and the LSE. 30 existing A320 neo orders have been converted into A321 neo's with delivery from summer 2018

bcn_boy
16th May 2017, 08:00
Flights released this morning but service to La Palma (SPC) ends in October.
Which is a shame as it is a great destination and growing in popularity.
We went in March, flights were full both ways.
TOM go twice weekly which would suggest demand is there.
Does anyone have any insider knowledge regarding these flights and if they may come back on sale?
These flights will be misssed. We used them in the November and also in January, full both ways twice. La palma can still be reached with Iberia express through Madrid or Vueling through Barcelona. Although these are a lot less convenient as you must change aircraft.

MAJP
16th May 2017, 09:02
Just announced to staff and the LSE. 30 existing A320 neo orders have been converted into A321 neo's with delivery from summer 2018

easyJet Media Centre (http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10206)

bjones4
16th May 2017, 11:38
Going by the images it also looks like easyJet is the first customer for the ultra high density A321Neo which features two overwing exits and no Door 2 forward of the wing.

inOban
16th May 2017, 11:39
For 'slot constrained airports'. LGW presumably, any others?

Severn
16th May 2017, 11:41
For 'slot constrained airports'. LGW presumably, any others?

AMS, LTN, MAN, CDG/ORY, BRS ?

SWBKCB
16th May 2017, 15:40
News of the 321's seems to have effectively buried the news of the record winter losses.

TBSC
16th May 2017, 16:09
Not at the stock exchance, the share price is 7% down today.

AndrewH52
16th May 2017, 19:26
Going by the images it also looks like easyJet is the first customer for the ultra high density A321Neo which features two overwing exits and no Door 2 forward of the wing.

The press release states 235 seat configuration. Maximum seating on the A321 Neo is 239

Seljuk22
6th Jun 2017, 17:04
Hamburg base will be closed next summer. Currently there are 3 based aircrafts. Capacity will be cut by 70% - down from 1.5 million to 0.5 million passengers per year
https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/06/06/business/06reuters-easyjet-base-hamburg.html?_r=0
Easyjet schließt Basis am Hamburger Flughafen - airliners.de (http://www.airliners.de/easyjet-basis-hamburger-flughafen/41578)

FRatSTN
6th Jun 2017, 17:36
EasyJet doing their usual running away from the competition. Wasn't all that long ago they closed FCO in favour of NAP and VCE.

Going to take EZY some doing to get to a number 1 or 2 position in BCN, also one of their newest crew bases. On that basis do we expect BCN to be closed in the next year or two? And speaking of NAP, Ryanair has made a rather sudden appearance there.

The point being... it's just the nature of industry and EZY cannot realistically expect to be a sustainable number 1 or 2 at any more than five or ten airports. Wasn't all that long ago that HAM along with SXF were both the focus of future growth for them in Germany.

In addition, most of EZYs main European airports i.e. AMS, CDG, LGW etc. are slot constrained anyway with less flexibility and operational resilience. Do they really need to strengthen their position at such airports much further? Is now not the time they should be looking at other, smaller markets and regions?

With their current strategy, EZYs market share in Europe as a whole is going to suffer with the rate of FR, W6 and DY expansion that's for sure! Or is that somehow not so important to them?

tws123
6th Jun 2017, 18:35
Reported elsewhere that EZY will be basing a 4th aircraft at SEN next year with new routes and an increase in frequency on existing routes.

TBSC
6th Jun 2017, 19:50
What can they do? Competetition is getting stronger and stronger; their business model is not unique any more; financials seem to be slipping; quite a number of cancellations reported last year; unionized workforce is not helping either (no debate please, just stating the obvious from the company's point of view). The switch to the 321 is a tad late and they really seem to run from the competetition which can't be continued forever. I really don't see what they want to do.

toledoashley
6th Jun 2017, 20:20
Cost per seat is really too high, which is why I think the 321 is part of the reason to help that. Hamburg we have to remember is no a number 1 or number 2 position, so isnt central to their plan.

I'm surprised no Canaries base, and smaller cities are being mopped up by Volotea.

davidjohnson6
6th Jun 2017, 20:53
This all sounds pretty defeatist to me. Easyjet is one of the 2 largest LCCs in Europe and in a strong financial position. Twenty years ago as a small fledgling airline which could easily have been crushed by the competition, they made a name for themselves for being prepared to go up against the big airlines and triumphed. BA managed to turn itself around from being stuffy old farts 20 years ago to being more than able to take on its LCC rivals in Europe. Perhaps Easyjet has got a little too complacent (dare I say it - prematurely become an old fart) and needs to inject a little more entrpreneurial spirit ?

racedo
6th Jun 2017, 21:56
BA managed to turn itself around from being stuffy old farts 20 years ago to being more than able to take on its LCC rivals in Europe. Perhaps Easyjet has got a little too complacent (dare I say it - prematurely become an old fart) and needs to inject a little more entrpreneurial spirit ?

DJ you really thnk BA is able to take on LCCs in Europe ?

20 years ago had a huge selection of routes in Europe from them and airports in UK......................... now aside from Heathrow, a bit at Gatwick and Manchester they have a token presence in UK.

BA is irrelevant for most travellers and anybody under 30 will not have flown them unless it was paid for by parents when younger in Europe.

davidjohnson6
6th Jun 2017, 22:21
racedo - yes I do think BA (or at least IAG) can take on the LCCs for flights within Europe. About 10 or 15 years ago were at risk of going bust - they have figured out ways to compete against LCCs for flights to/from London, cut their bloated cost base and provide one way fares that when travelling to/from London I have found are certainly competitive (and sometimes cheaper) than LCCs. Vueling is not the largest LCC but can most definitely compete on a pan-European basis with the other LCCs.

You sometimes make good points on this forum, but your credibility is harmed when you write things like "BA is irrelevant for most travellers and anybody under 30 will not have flown them unless it was paid for by parents when younger in Europe."

If BA can turn themselves around from the old fart brigade, then Easyjet as Europe's 2nd biggest LCC with a strong financial position should be able to rouse themselves from their slumbers as well.

Flightrider
6th Jun 2017, 22:51
There has to be some logic behind EZY acquiring Volotea to deliver an EU AOC, market "join the dots" presence and an outlet for retiring A319s to replace 717s, surely?

22/04
7th Jun 2017, 12:11
There are some things worth defending and some not.

Easy cannot compete on cost grounds with RYR or DY. Their core market, the UK accounts for 45% of the business and that needs to be protected - the position oat LGW, LTN and some regional bases is strong at present and they have a unique niche base at SEN where markets are being developed by Stobart. Where does STN fit- ok so long as we can make money there would be my judgement.

The EU is much less certain. LH and its subsidiaries have been particularly successful at defending the German market, one which tends to be conservative - so difficult. France is also quite brand loyal and there will be some negative feeling as a result of BRXEIT- I have more than one UK friend who things the UK has been very selfish- she won't be the only one so some difficulties their too but with a more vulnerable incumbent. Less impact for BREXIT in Scandinavia maybe and the Netherlands. Don't ask me to analyse Italy but RYR are quite strong there.

So EZY's approach as viewed form the outside doesn't look particularly silly to me. As I have said before the no.1 issue for a public company quoted in London is to protect share price. That is where the interest will be focussed even at the expense of some consolidation in the short term

inOban
7th Jun 2017, 15:21
I thought that Easyjet was financially much stronger than DY? They've dropped several winter routes from EDI.

SWBKCB
7th Jun 2017, 15:51
"BA is irrelevant for most travellers and anybody under 30 will not have flown them unless it was paid for by parents when younger in Europe."

add "outside the South East" to under 30 to that and he has a point.

pwalhx
7th Jun 2017, 18:38
BA managed to turn itself around from being stuffy old farts 20 years ago to ....

a stuffy old farts airline that does things on the cheap

racedo
7th Jun 2017, 19:51
You sometimes make good points on this forum, but your credibility is harmed when you write things like "BA is irrelevant for most travellers and anybody under 30 will not have flown them unless it was paid for by parents when younger in Europe."

I asked that question recently at a social gathering of about 40 people, people over 60 said they tend to still use BA just like they use M&S.

The 30-60 year olds said they used to use but now if business paying they do, for few it was airline of choice, younger mob use Easy / Ryanair and see BA as the one their parents or grandparents use.

Tell them of the old days before LCCs and they laugh and ask are you being serious.

Skipness One Echo
8th Jun 2017, 00:14
Racedo if BA is competitive then people fly BA. There are just as many older people on EZY and younger people on BA, have used both intensively and your assertion is frankly, utter tosh. (But in line with your usual agenda....)

There are loads of real reason not choose BA but age and brand loyalty in p2p price sensitive cohorts ain't one. As Cruz and WW understand, it's ALL about pricing.

TOM100
8th Jun 2017, 05:53
At some point I guess a LCC like U2 when recognising TUs, process, management tips from being a disruptor to acquiring legacy characteristics (and cost and culture) unless you ruthlessly protect it a la FR ??

8th Jun 2017, 10:50
Racedo if BA is competitive then people fly BA. There are just as many older people on EZY and younger people on BA, have used both intensively and your assertion is frankly, utter tosh. (But in line with your usual agenda....)

There are loads of real reason not choose BA but age and brand loyalty in p2p price sensitive cohorts ain't one. As Cruz and WW understand, it's ALL about pricing.

Part of the problem is that the LCC airlines have set themselves up in such a way as that you may not remember to check BA's prices, or if you do you'll do it via someone like Expedia who will also present you with prices for a lot of competitors.

Of course the other thing to bear in mind is that the nature of BA's route network makes them irrelevant to the type of traveller that a lot of young people outside London will most frequently be. If you're looking for a weekend break from the regions to [I don't really care; somewhere hot / a nice city / somewhere with cheap beer] then you will start by looking to see where Ryanair / EasyJet / Wizz / Jet2 fly to from airports convenient to you. With statistically insignificant exceptions BA do not offer these flights; they only offer the type of flights you'd been needing if you were going somewhere for work.

racedo
8th Jun 2017, 20:40

Watch you don't hurt yourself when you fall from the hobby horse.

BA is irrelevant for majority of people flying short haul, outside of LHR / LGW and MAN coverage is sparse or not in existance.

EI-BUD
8th Jun 2017, 21:27
I have to agree with Racedo in this arguement.

BA can never compete with the LCCs to/from London for short fall point to point, certainly not for leisure orientated market. BA prioritises corporate travel for business community and works closely with travel management firms and corporates. Easyjet is chasing that space where the rich pickings come from, furthermore, Ryanair have orientated themselves in this space too. Apart from business travellers their model is about connecting passengers onto long haul.

Furthermore, let's suppose BA have what people describe as competitive pricing, they are at a huge disadvantage at LHR where taxes particularly on departure are penal...

Take domestic routes to LHR as a guide MAN LHR route, circa 75% of total pax on this route are making a connection at LHR, the metric is in excess of 50% on Scotland routes...

Shareholder value is not found for BA by chasing the low cost airlines down market... it is on business travel and connecting passenger traffic...

Captain_Caveman
9th Jun 2017, 00:36
From internal company news, The First A320 Neo is currently expected to be ferried to and based in LTN from 16JUN17

Callum Paterson
9th Jun 2017, 11:58
Apologies for the double post. I posted the below in the GLA thread before realising I will likely get a more informed answer from EZY-personnel here who might not otherwiese read the GLA thread.

With EZY's Hamburg base closing, how safe is the GLA base?

It is one of the smallest throughout the entire network and has been stagnant for over a decade.

Is EZY looking to have fewer bases while concentrating growth at their very largest bases? If so, there must be question marks over the future of GLA.

EI-BUD
9th Jun 2017, 22:32
Callum,

I would suggest Glasgow base is quite safe, it certainly is a core easyJet market and has been on their map since day 1. In the main UK bases have not been closed, with the exception of East Midlands (which struggled and was a Go inherited base), and of course Doncaster, which was clearly an experiment and was not in the typical sense a base...crew ex LPL... easyJet will fight hard to hold onto what they have in the UK, imho..

canberra97
9th Jun 2017, 22:58
Well EasyJet are more than welcome to base two Airbus 319s at Southampton especially as it seems the Flybe sun routes will more or less disappear for summer 2018.

If Flybe do discontinue the sun routes there are numerous destinations that Easyjet could potentially serve from SOU with no competition except to Ibiza and Palma and those two are only served by Volotea 1 and 4 times weekly respectively and seasonal only.

With two based aircraft at SOU potential routes could be to

Alicante, Barcelona, Berlin, Faro, Geneva, Malaga, Milan. Nice, Prague, Venice.

Obviously just wishful thinking on my part but I honestly think that EasyJet could do quite well out of SOU in a 'similar' way as they have done at Southend.

HAMFAN73
10th Jun 2017, 15:31
Would anyone in the know care to speculate what impact the HAM base closure might have on LGW-HAM [and vice versa] schdules please? As somone who commutes weekly it's a lifeline. The summer schedule change is a pain as it is, and now this!

EZY8347 (Evening LGW-HAM) and EZY8342 (Early morning HAM-LGW) are of particular interest. Any educated guesses appreciated! Many thanks

KNT544
10th Jun 2017, 19:35
Would anyone in the know care to speculate what impact the HAM base closure might have on LGW-HAM [and vice versa] schdules please?

Until the schedule is released it will be be pure speculation. Even leaving LGW at 0500 local is a 0830 departure from HAM.

LGS6753
14th Jun 2017, 07:32
First A320neo G-UZHA due at Luton today.

gilesdavies
15th Jun 2017, 20:56
First A320neo G-UZHA due at Luton today.

Here it is arriving yesterday...

New Airbus A320 NEO lands at London Luton Airport - BBC Three Counties (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYQv3ow6FPo)

I tried to embed, but couldn't get it to work.

El Bunto
18th Jun 2017, 07:10
Saw the NEO at Belfast International yesterday, nice livery.

But is there any significance to the registration? EZS_, EZV_ and EZZ_ are still uncluttered so it seems a bit odd to break with tradition and jump to UZH_.

Or is this the first sign of the plan to stop paying a fee to Stelios and to rebrand as Ujet...? ;)

KNT544
18th Jun 2017, 07:17
EZS is easy Swiss and they are all on the Swiss AOC.

The others, whilst having space don't really fit and are very limited. There are 130 NEO on order.

The IATA for easyJet is U2 hence UZ.

El Bunto
18th Jun 2017, 12:00
The IATA for easyJet is U2 hence UZ.

Ah, thank you. Quite ironic though since they're not an IATA member. The U2 code was allocated unilaterally by IATA and as far as I know is only used by Easyjet for ACARS.

However:

EZS is easy Swiss and they are all on the Swiss AOC. Not when they're transferred to the UK register, that's not possible.

G-EZSM Aircraft operated by AOC Holder EASYJET AIRLINE COMPANY LTD

I appreciate though that they might want to keep the G-EZS_ sequence 'open' for other transfers in from the Swiss.

KNT544
18th Jun 2017, 12:04
We had JJB too.

I think you misunderstood my point about EZS. I meant why use G-EZSx when that only gives about 20 plus EZS is the callsign for easy Swiss. I'm very aware that when the aircraft transfer to the Swiss AOC that they get HB registrations.

El Bunto
18th Jun 2017, 12:08
Understood! Thanks.

kriskross
19th Jun 2017, 09:57
The first 319s had registrations reflecting the initials of senior managers in the Company.

MKY661
19th Jun 2017, 13:47
I believe most, if not all EasyJet Switzerland aircraft are former EasyJet aircraft, so if they were to return they would just get their old registration back anyway.

toledoashley
19th Jun 2017, 19:24
Slightly bonkers, but easyJet have expressed an interest to buying Alitalia EasyJet confirms interest in Alitalia | Airlines content from ATWOnline (http://atwonline.com/airlines/easyjet-confirms-interest-alitalia)

inOban
19th Jun 2017, 19:49
It says that 35 airlines have expressed interest,even FR, essentially because it gives them access to the books. Easy may have more interest since they operate similar a/c.

brian_dromey
19th Jun 2017, 20:22
The first 319s had registrations reflecting the initials of senior managers in the Company.

Are you sure?
The first A319 went to easyJet Switzerland as HB-JZA and all A319s have followed in the -JZx sequence, later deliveries in the -JYx sequence. easyJet's first A319 was registered G-EZEA and all subsequent deliveries have been in the-EZxx sequence.

I think myTravel did the managers initials as registrations, I seem to remember something in an airliners magazine about it. G-NIKO lives on to this day in the TCX fleet, for example.

tonyb
25th Jun 2017, 08:23
LGW to La Palma (SPC) is back on sale twice weekly more or less as before for the winter season.
Very pleased as a great destination but does seem a strange time to reintroduce a route when most others were released in April.
Does anyone know if other routes have been released recently or is this a one off?

LAX_LHR
25th Jun 2017, 11:00
Does anyone know if other routes have been released recently or is this a one off?

I'm not sure if you are talking about winter, but, Manchester-Agadir is showing as a new route from Nov 1st in Amadeus but not yet bookable on the Easyjet website, so, seems a few new routes may be due to be announced.

toledoashley
25th Jun 2017, 16:48
EasyJet announced additional winter routes at the end of June last year, so yes - expecting new routes this week.

kriskross
25th Jun 2017, 21:58
Brian Dromey, absolutely sure, as I was Tech Captain at the time. Correct, the first ones went to easySwiss, but the first UK ones possibly 4 or 5 were definitely registered for senior managers initials -I wasn't senior enough, nor an engineer. G-EJAR is still listed in Jethros, but must be due to go soon, it was delivered in 2005.

lfc84
25th Jun 2017, 22:23
Easyjet website has in the past allowed me to book two back to back flights as a self connect so long as there was 2 hours between flights. However at present it will permit me to book a 1 hr 30 "connection".

Is this an impending change in policy or a website error?

It's international to UK dommestic "connecting" in LGW

toledoashley
26th Jun 2017, 06:12
lfc84 - I noticed the other day a button on the destination list which said 'show direct flights only', which I questioned whether it meant show me connecting flights...

inOban
6th Jul 2017, 07:32
June +11.3%. LF +0.8%

toledoashley
6th Jul 2017, 17:30
What's the general thoughts around CMC being connected to ITV job?

LAX_LHR
11th Jul 2017, 06:03
New routes so far:

Bristol-Athens
Bristol-Stockholm
Liverpool-Venice
Southampton-Geneva
Manchester-Agadir

Falcon666
11th Jul 2017, 06:27
Southend - Malta
Luton- Seville

toledoashley
11th Jul 2017, 07:43
Gatwick - Klagenfurt

Severn
11th Jul 2017, 08:10
Gatwick-Klagenfurt - (1x weekly in Winter)

Luton-Alghero - (2x weekly in Winter)
Luton-Seville - (3x weekly in Winter)

Bristol-Athens - (2x weekly in Winter)
Bristol-Stockholm - (2x weekly in Winter)

Manchester-Agadir - (2x weekly in Winter)

Liverpool-Venice - (2x weekly in Winter)

Southend-Malta - (2x weekly in Winter)

Southampton**-Geneva - (3x weekly in Winter) **Southampton - New UK Airport for EZY

toledoashley
11th Jul 2017, 09:18
I wonder what happened to the extra Canaries routes they were suggesting?

toledoashley
11th Jul 2017, 09:30
Berlin Schoenefeld - Luxembourg (3x weekly)

MAJP
11th Jul 2017, 10:56
CDG-ACE 2 weekly for winter IATA season
Same for CDG-FUE 2 weekly

All flights operated with A320

CCFAIRPORT
11th Jul 2017, 13:46
2 NEW ROUTES FROM GENEVA

Las Palmas 1pw
Southampton 3pw

both begins WINTER 2017

This route replaces Inverness launched last year with disappointing performance

1 NEW ROUTE FROM BASEL

Stockholm 3pw

toledoashley
11th Jul 2017, 13:48
2 NEW ROUTES FROM GENEVA

Las Palmas 1pw
Southampton 3pw

both begins WINTER 2017

This route replaces Inverness launched last year with disappointing performance

1 NEW ROUTE FROM BASEL

Stockholm 3pw

The number of new routes to Stockholm is interesting. Certainly plenty of terminal capacity available there as well.

_aax1
11th Jul 2017, 14:53
Another new route for Sweden:

Are Ostersund (OSD) - Copenhagen (CPH)
x1 weekly (SAT) from 16 Dec

HeartyMeatballs
11th Jul 2017, 15:48
That's a lot of new UK-EU routes being launched. In addition to record load factors. #DespiteBrexit.

planedrive
11th Jul 2017, 17:21
_aax1 - a very interesting route indeed as neither are bases! Rather unusual for EZY.

Seljuk22
11th Jul 2017, 17:31
SXF-TLL 2 weekly
LYS-ARN 2 weekly
MXP-FUE 2 weekly
MXP-Lublin 2 weekly (Lublin new destination)
NAP-TFS 1 weekly

Unfortunately EZY just mentioned the new UK routes in their press release ... so might be more new routes (France/Portugal seems to be missing)
easyJet Media Centre (http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10261)

LGS6753
11th Jul 2017, 18:09
Funny how they mention aircraft type on some routes, but not on all.

Seljuk22
12th Jul 2017, 16:13
Overview of the new routes
easyJet adds new routes in W17 :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/273758/easyjet-adds-new-routes-in-w17/)

Additional frequencies on existing routes not mentioned.

lfc84
14th Jul 2017, 09:36
Update on European AOC

easyJet Media Centre (http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10268)

Seljuk22
14th Jul 2017, 16:33
Interesting choice as there is currently no base in Austria nor Vienna.

Eurowings register their aircraft for Eurowings Europe in Austria, too.

BigFrank
14th Jul 2017, 17:08
In the broad context of Brexit, there was a story in yesterday's FT to the effect that IAG had refused to divulge to the FT figures for % of shareholders from within the EU;post Brexit projections, presumably.

A crucial figure for IAG post Brexit.

And obviously for any easyJet "subsidiary."

¡ At least the lawyers will be making hay !

inOban
14th Jul 2017, 17:35
Does Stelios living in Monaco count?

racedo
14th Jul 2017, 18:34
In the broad context of Brexit, there was a story in yesterday's FT to the effect that IAG had refused to divulge to the FT figures for % of shareholders from within the EU;post Brexit projections, presumably.

A crucial figure for IAG post Brexit.

And obviously for any easyJet "subsidiary."

¡ At least the lawyers will be making hay !

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/jim-armitage-easyjet-move-isn-t-death-knell-for-flights-to-the-continent-a3588116.html

Hardly a secret as Evening Standard has it.

IAG 24%, FR 42%

racedo
14th Jul 2017, 18:35
Does Stelios living in Monaco count?

Cypriot citizen hence his 33% can count as EU.

This is one where board start being nice to him as if he decides he is British and designates as such then they screwed as would require 75% of the other shareholders to be EU citizens.

BigFrank
15th Jul 2017, 10:24
Jim Armitage: EasyJet move isn?t death knell for flights to the Continent | London Evening Standard (http://www.standard.co.uk/business/jim-armitage-easyjet-move-isn-t-death-knell-for-flights-to-the-continent-a3588116.html)

Hardly a secret as Evening Standard has it.

IAG 24%, FR 42%

That's certainly not what my browser tells me. (Notwithstanding the 23%: 24% error; after all, you never expect to get the correct small change from the representatives of the no class airline.)

pabely
15th Jul 2017, 12:20
That's fast "To obtain an Austrian AOC. First a/c to transfer, Airbus A320 (msn TBC) to become OE-IVA 20 Jul 17" from Jethros

rowly6339
15th Jul 2017, 13:27
Who is inline for the top job when it becomes available at the end of the year? Or should I say who is the smart money on.

brian_dromey
15th Jul 2017, 13:51
Who is inline for the top job when it becomes available at the end of the year? Or should I say who is the smart money on.

Hopefully someone a little more dynamic and ambitious for the airline than Caroline has been. easyJet has been profitable (very important!), but has stagnated somewhat, particularly outside the UK. I think they have found themselves squeezed between Wizz at the low end in Eastern Europe, FR going slightly upmarket and BA fighting back from the top down. The "mid-market" area they had positioned themselves in seems to be a squeezed from all sides.

EI-BUD
15th Jul 2017, 13:57
Hopefully someone a little more dynamic and ambitious for the airline than Caroline has been. easyJet has been profitable (very important!), but has stagnated somewhat, particularly outside the UK. I think they have found themselves squeezed between Wizz at the low end in Eastern Europe, FR going slightly upmarket and BA fighting back from the top down. The "mid-market" area they had positioned themselves in seems to be a squeezed from all sides.

Excellent and succinct assessment brian_dromey

davidjohnson6
15th Jul 2017, 14:22
Without wishing to disagree with Brian, it's worth remembering that under Carolyn's tenure, Easyjet's reliability has improved tremendously. As a customer I feel I can buy a ticket and (barring major weather) be certain that I'll get to my destination with minimal delay

It may not have the energetic buzz of the 1990s, but it is very much an airline for which operational execution is extremely strong. That claim was more dubious under her predecessor

Dannyboy39
15th Jul 2017, 17:47
That said, hasn't Stelios poured scorn over any attempts to get bigger and bigger?

Rather than being stagnant, they've maximised their aircraft in terms of passenger numbers filling well over 90% of their aircraft and as a result making big profits for their shareholders. I'd say they're doing just fine.

There are opportunities for growth, but the European market is almost saturated. There are too many airlines overstretching themselves and as a result putting on too many seats for passengers that aren't there.

toledoashley
15th Jul 2017, 20:12
I'm somewhere in the middle. While CMC has made EZY a more attractive proposition for passengers, and yes the profits have reflected that, there are issues which have yet to be addressed.

Cost per seat is a bit high, which has left them fragile in bases where they don't have a leading position. Evident from the withdrawal in Hamburg, Rome and previously Madrid. There has also been an inability to gain marketshare in Germany outside Berlin, and of course being trapped by a more upmarket Ryanair, Wizzair and majors.

toledoashley
15th Jul 2017, 20:15
Dannyboy39 - I would say they have been able to do this as the 319's are too small, the 321's are long overdue.

15th Jul 2017, 21:04
Come the next high fuel price bloodbath,they will be one of the airlines that survives.

Edit: Also, come the next higher borrowing costs bloodbath, they will also be one of the airlines that survives and is stronger...

A lot of how their future is determined will come down to luck, though. If some kind of economic bloodbath happens while Ryanair are trying to work out what do do with hundreds of new planes, that is good for easyJet. If it happens after Ryanair have found things to do with hundreds of new planes, that is very bad for easyJet indeed!

racedo
15th Jul 2017, 21:52

They needed a leader, they got a manager.

22/04
16th Jul 2017, 06:24
I think CMC has overall done a good job. Aa a public company as I have said before the shareholders come first and they have been reasonably well looked after. The company has become more secure in its approach- I certainly don't want "leadership" to mean adventurism at the expense of the share price.

inOban
16th Jul 2017, 07:28
I think Stelios has made it clear that he is more interested in his continuing dividends than in adventurous investment. These threads are full of posters with ideas as to how to spend other people's money.

toledoashley
16th Jul 2017, 08:30
I'm not suggesting they spend money with dramatic expansion. I believe they could do better on costs, and yes replacing the 319's with 320's and 321's are certainly going to help - especially when FR are muscling in at primary airports.

RAT 5
16th Jul 2017, 10:54
Aa a public company as I have said before the shareholders come first and they have been reasonably well looked after.

Hm? I understand you "can't buck the market", but the share price performance has been scary, and yet attracted so little comment in general financial pages. Jan 2015 share price >£19. Nov 2015 record results announced and share price dilutes to >£17. Early 2016 it drifts further to >£14. After the Brexit vote it dives to >£10. So in 12 months the share value reduced 20-25% on the back of record profits and an expanding a/c order; all while fuel price was holding at record lows and £/$/€ was still strong. After the Brexit vote further decline might not be unusual, but it still shows an 85% share dive in 18months during a period of high profits and declared expansion plans.
OK, it has recovered recently back to >£14, but it doesn't explain the crash of 2015/16.

racedo
16th Jul 2017, 11:47
Aa a public company as I have said before the shareholders come first and they have been reasonably well looked after.

Hm? I understand you "can't buck the market", but the share price performance has been scary, and yet attracted so little comment in general financial pages. Jan 2015 share price >£19. Nov 2015 record results announced and share price dilutes to >£17. Early 2016 it drifts further to >£14. After the Brexit vote it dives to >£10. So in 12 months the share value reduced 20-25% on the back of record profits and an expanding a/c order; all while fuel price was holding at record lows and £/$/€ was still strong. After the Brexit vote further decline might not be unusual, but it still shows an 85% share dive in 18months during a period of high profits and declared expansion plans.
OK, it has recovered recently back to >£14, but it doesn't explain the crash of 2015/16.

Goes back to the Manager - Leadership bit............. City investors are not fools. CMC steadied the ship but

In 2010 WW put planes in the air and told UK Govt they would be falling from sky if they were refused permission to land during Iceland Volcano issue. That's Leadership and accepring full responsibility for what is going to happen.

MOL quite happy to go into bat against any Govt / Body. He wins more than he loses but you know he will still put his nuts in the vice if required.

I see nothing in that in CMC in being willing to put head on the chopping block. Easyjet will talk of private discussions with Govts etc etc. but that is it. Stelios was a leader.

RAT 5
16th Jul 2017, 12:37
Then explain why, under CMC in years prior to 2015, did the share price rise so equally impressively as they fell in the period I discuss? I doubt 'the market' is in tune with your thoughts. There need to be more concrete reasons.

toledoashley
16th Jul 2017, 15:04
Then explain why, under CMC in years prior to 2015, did the share price rise so equally impressively as they fell in the period I discuss? I doubt 'the market' is in tune with your thoughts.

'Feel good factor' with CMC making the airline more customer focused? (i.e before the others cottoned onto the idea...?)

Vokes55
16th Jul 2017, 18:23
With another shambolic summer of delays and short notice cancellations well underway, I fail to see how CMC leaving can be a bad thing for the company.

atakacs
18th Jul 2017, 20:17
Apparently considering further expansion in Berlin (http://www.aerotelegraph.com/warum-easyjet-hamburg-tschuess-sagt) - including Tegel (!) (and pulling off Hamburg)

Flightrider
18th Jul 2017, 20:26
I can only speak as I find, but as a relatively frequent easyJet traveller (3 to 4 flights a month) then the reliability recently has been much improved versus last summer. I am certainly not seeing a return to the utter shambles that prevailed years ago under the AH + CV regime. Far from it.

Seljuk22
19th Jul 2017, 16:50
Airbus A320 -214 5670 OE-IVA easyJet Europe re-regd 18jul17 on transfer ex G-EZPA
http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4&page=1

Beatts
20th Jul 2017, 09:26
http://i67.tinypic.com/ndsro0.jpg

Beatts
20th Jul 2017, 10:03
There will be 110 Aircraft transferring over to 'EasyJet Europe'. ANd OE-IVA which was originally G-EZPA will also continue to operate routes at Gatwick and Luton in the future.

Non-Driver
20th Jul 2017, 11:37
Why have they reissued a reg already used ?

https://img.planespotters.net/photo/139000/original/oe-iva-jetalliance-dassault-falcon-7x_PlanespottersNet_139336.jpg

LGS6753
20th Jul 2017, 12:21
Registration numbers are often reissued by some registries

RAT 5
20th Jul 2017, 12:59

But the biz-jet looks quite new, or has it been sold & re-registered?

And who's favourite to take over the helm? Will it be, by default, external? These outfits have unique & special company cultures. The newsboy/gal for the outside will need quite an indoctrination/transition period. It's not a chocolate factory or making plastic toys.

Pizzacake
20th Jul 2017, 14:51
EZYs share price will have been hampered by the unknown as yet impact of brexit. Not knowing what the score will be with flying in and out of a key market will do that ......

DC3 Dave
20th Jul 2017, 17:01
Before the referendum CMC sat in the big orange hanger with David Cameron and told her employees and the listening world just what a disaster a leave vote would be. She didn't really try to be in anyway positive after the result so the collapse of the share price at that point was in some ways very convenient, wasn't it. I told you so seems to cover it. Helps her with her credibility in the world she exists in. The world where the top people take huge credit for the good things, and the bad never sticks.

chaps1954
20th Jul 2017, 17:23
Beatts I take it you mean an Austrian registed aircraft can appear at any base be it Europe or UK so are totally interchangeable except
not based at a Swiss airport

Ian

brian70
20th Jul 2017, 20:17
When are easyJet likely to release their flight schedule for next September, we are flying to Malta with Thomson and it was with easy this year so just wondering whether it would be the same next year

PAXboy
21st Jul 2017, 18:47
Ooops.
Unaccompanied child taken off overbooked easyJet flight at Gatwick

Airline begins investigation after 15-year-old was removed from plane to Toulouse and left alone at departure gate
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/21/unaccompanied-child-taken-off-overbooked-easyjet-flight-at-gatwick

MKY661
21st Jul 2017, 21:56

But the biz-jet looks quite new, or has it been sold & re-registered?

And who's favourite to take over the helm? Will it be, by default, external? These outfits have unique & special company cultures. The newsboy/gal for the outside will need quite an indoctrination/transition period. It's not a chocolate factory or making plastic toys.

Has been reregistered :ok:

pabely
22nd Jul 2017, 08:59
Home | Famagusta Gazette Online | Breaking News, Cyprus Issues, Weather (http://famagusta-gazette.com/index69.htm)

Was Cyprus unhappy they did not get the EU27 base, I thought it was Malta or Portugal who were likely bases as well?

compton3bravo
22nd Jul 2017, 09:48
I think you will find that Famagusta is on the Turkish held part of the island!

racedo
22nd Jul 2017, 11:52
Unaccompanied child taken off EasyJet plane and left at gate after flight is overbooked - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/unaccompanied-child-taken-off-easyjet-plane-and-left-at-gate-after-flight-is-overbooked-35956668.html)

Puzzled by this as thought unaccompanied children were not allowed.

RAT 5
22nd Jul 2017, 15:14
I'm always curious in events like these, who does what? Was this decision made by the handling agent; was there captain involved; is there an ez manager at LGW who authorised this, or was it by phone to LTN?
Are pax allowed on jump seats? I just think back to days of yore when captains could solve many problems with discretion and a huge dose of common sense. I don't wish to pre-judge and be in error, but we hear many stories where things like this are cropping up quite often. Has captain's authority been eroded so much, or are they not trained in such matters, or are they not sticking their heads above the parapets?

compton3bravo
22nd Jul 2017, 16:03
Passengers are not allowed in the cabin on UK airlines whilst airborne.I have been invited on to the f!Ight deck pre and post journey after showing my ID at the discretion of the Captain.

FlyboyUK
22nd Jul 2017, 17:26
"Passengers are not allowed in the cabin on UK airlines whilst airborne"

Might want to edit that post lol ��

compton3bravo
22nd Jul 2017, 19:46
I meant cockpit! Silly me. Thanks.

racedo
22nd Jul 2017, 20:17
Nobody has answered why Easyjet were carrying unaccompanied chilren as the T&Cs says not.

ESQU
22nd Jul 2017, 20:24
If you try a search on their website, you will find the answer.

racedo
22nd Jul 2017, 21:09
If you try a search on their website, you will find the answer.

Unaccompanied children and those in groups

Children aged 13 or younger

Children aged 13 years or younger cannot travel unless they are accompanied by an adult who is at least 16 years old and who will take full responsibility for them.

Please note: The person accompanying an Italian minor travelling with an Affido must be at least 18 years old.

Children aged 14 to 15

Children aged 14 to 15 can travel on their own provided that they are not travelling with children aged 13 years or younger.

Children aged 16 and over

Children aged 16 years and over can travel on their own.

-----------
Had assummed all under 16's were banned from solo unaccompanied flying

22nd Jul 2017, 21:12
Wasn't there a time when not overbooking was something certain low cost airlines advertised as one of their benefits? I thought one of those was easyJet?

This example seems particularly silly in terms of both basic morality and the obvious PR disaster.

racedo
22nd Jul 2017, 21:15
Wasn't there a time when not overbooking was something certain low cost airlines advertised as one of their benefits? I thought one of those was easyJet?

This example seems particularly silly in terms of both basic morality and the obvious PR disaster.

Easyjet have been overbooking for more than a couple of years on basis of flexible tickets and people not showing up.

22nd Jul 2017, 22:49
I suppose they've calculated that they can make £xxx extra per flight this way (I doubt it's as much as £xxxx) and that they don't think it'll cause that amount of ill will and bad publicity per flight.

I feel they might have that one wrong.

RAT 5
23rd Jul 2017, 09:32
Overbooking is one thing; that's more than the max number of tickets being sold. However, with seat allocation it seems that a seta was allocated twice for the same flight. Surely this process was computerised. Howe is that possible? Or was there the dreaded human hand intervention? From the newspaper story, as published, it does suggest the rejected child passenger was not treated as sensibly as should have happened. He should have been 'kept under wraps' until an alternative flight was found. The airline screwed up it was their obligation to sort it out and take responsibility until it was. It would be slightly different for an adult.
What is ez's attitude to using cabin jump sets to solve problems? e.g. a broken seat that is deemed unusable at the last minute. Fly the pax, or off-load?

alasdair1
23rd Jul 2017, 11:14
Hi,
Just seen alot of the easyjet schedule on thomas cook.com currently on sale here is edi

EDI-DLM is running Tues/Sat
EDI-HER is running Tues/Sat
EDI-PFO is running (Sat only From 26th may According to TC)Does anyone know if the Weds flight is running in begining of may ?
EDI-BJV is running Sat only from 26th may According to TC) Does anyone know if the Weds flight is running in begining of may?
EDI-TFS is running Mon (from 28th may)/Fri

If anyone knows any extra info in regards to the bjv as we are planned to get married nr bodrum on 3rd week of may and would like some info on it regarding days of opperation as time has been booked off with weds flights in mind and now my fiancee canot change dates if flights are not opp due to others in dept off at same time
Also guests have same restraints now time is booked off .if required you can private message me

Seljuk22
28th Jul 2017, 16:45
3 A320 were delivered the last days:

G-EZRM 25th July
G-EZRK 26th July
G-EZRL 27th July

In total the fleet consists about almost 280 aircraft.

Will be hard for EZY to base additional aircraft at airports like LGW, LTN, AMS, LIS, ORY or SXF in the near future due to lack of slots / lack of terminal capacity.

Any rumours about new bases e.g. Nantes, Bordeaux, Lille, Bilbao, Vienna or even Zurich ?

toledoashley
28th Jul 2017, 17:17
3 A320 were delivered the last days:

G-EZRM 25th July
G-EZRK 26th July
G-EZRL 27th July

In total the fleet consists about almost 280 aircraft.

Will be hard for EZY to base additional aircraft at airports like LGW, LTN, AMS, LIS, ORY or SXF in the near future due to lack of slots / lack of terminal capacity.

Any rumours about new bases e.g. Nantes, Bordeaux, Lille, Bilbao, Vienna or even Zurich ?

Surely Vienna has to be the top of that list, and maybe one or two French cities - could you even add Nice to that list? Wouldn't surprise me if more aircraft were put in Venice. Also what happened to Birmingham?

inOban
28th Jul 2017, 17:23
Nice already is a base.

IB4138
30th Jul 2017, 15:12
Mentioning Nice.....staff handy with their fists it is reported.

EasyJet passenger holding baby 'punched by airport worker' - ITV News (http://www.itv.com/news/2017-07-30/easyjet-passenger-holding-baby-punched-by-airport-worker/)

pabely
30th Jul 2017, 18:06
Nothing to do with Easy, I suspected they are a little pi$$ed at their name being linked to this.

DC3 Dave
30th Jul 2017, 21:44
Well, a certain dame should be able to ensure generous airtime to EZY to (correctly) clear their name from the particular media organisation in question. Isn't irony a marvelous thing!

30th Jul 2017, 23:18
I've been thinking about easyJets future a lot recently, partly prompted by the posts in this thread and discussions about its position in Stansted, which all have a point but seemed unnecessarily negative to me.

What do people think easyJets future might look like? To stick my neck out...

-It is very cash rich
-It likes a leading role in markets (which is only sensible for marketing), but it's hard to acquire these with organic growth in a developed market
-It is sensible for it to grow a little...
-... but in a low risk way as investors do not universally agree
-It seems to have lost the golden touch when it comes to organic growth
-It needs to not become an Air Berlin with no place in either low cost or premium markets
-It has the organisational ability to deal with mixed fleets and to successfully integrate acquisitions

-In view of most of the above Jet2 would be a great acquisition?

canberra97
30th Jul 2017, 23:51
EasyJet Airbus really fleet isn't compatible with Jet2 for there to be an effective acquisition which is highly unlikely in my opinion.

AirportPlanner1
31st Jul 2017, 06:02
I think Monarch would make better sense for them than Jet2, purely for the scarce peak slots at LGW and LTN.

RAT 5
31st Jul 2017, 07:16
Wizzair? Same type a/c same type market.

LGS6753
31st Jul 2017, 07:18
Acquisitions are notoriously difficult to do successfully, although managers always try to tell us how well they are doing. It's very easy to destroy value rather than create it, so to proceed with an acquisition, the purchaser must have a very clear strategy, which is supported by the acquisition.
In the case of EZY buying GB, they were buying slots and routes at Gatwick, not the aircraft.
I tend to agree that EZY would be more likely to buy Monarch for its routes and slots at LGW, LTN and MCR than for its fleet. A purchase of Jet2 would give slots at STN, NCL, GLA & BHX that EZY don't want, or don't need to buy. They certainly don't want the Jet2 fleet.

ib26uk
31st Jul 2017, 10:12
I agree Monarch would be the better choice...

I`m surprised both easyJet and / or Jet2 havent snapped Monarch up already...

toledoashley
31st Jul 2017, 10:45
It's not just Jet2/Monarch - but you could also add Meridiana/Volotea/Croatian/Alitalia and even parts of the Norwegian network if they start to retreat from SH.

SWBKCB
31st Jul 2017, 10:47
Unless they've got slots at constrained airports, why buy these airlines? Just go and park your tanks on their lawn...

flydog
31st Jul 2017, 14:47
can anyone point me to the site for easyjet assessment centre information, what to expect etc. with test and sim ride

AndrewH52
31st Jul 2017, 17:00
Not sure if I am misreading or not but the latest batch of job vacancies on the EasyJet website includes pilots with A320/A330/A340 type-rating for ops from LTN / LGW and 'Portugal'. What's that all about?

toledoashley
31st Jul 2017, 18:15
Parking tanks on lawns isn't easy's forte, that's certainly more Ryanair's territory. Hamburg the latest example of that...

racedo
31st Jul 2017, 18:36
I've been thinking about easyJets future a lot recently, partly prompted by the posts in this thread and discussions about its position in Stansted, which all have a point but seemed unnecessarily negative to me.

What do people think easyJets future might look like? To stick my neck out...

-It is very cash rich
-It likes a leading role in markets (which is only sensible for marketing), but it's hard to acquire these with organic growth in a developed market
-It is sensible for it to grow a little...
-... but in a low risk way as investors do not universally agree
-It seems to have lost the golden touch when it comes to organic growth
-It needs to not become an Air Berlin with no place in either low cost or premium markets
-It has the organisational ability to deal with mixed fleets and to successfully integrate acquisitions

-In view of most of the above Jet2 would be a great acquisition?

You missing a key ingredient................... LEADERSHIP.

CMC was a manager.

Jerry123
31st Jul 2017, 19:45
Not sure if I am misreading or not but the latest batch of job vacancies on the EasyJet website includes pilots with A320/A330/A340 type-rating for ops from LTN / LGW and 'Portugal'. What's that all about?
I believe the type rating for pilots might be the same or similar for all 3 aircraft types. I think there is flight deck commonality between those aircraft.

inOban
1st Aug 2017, 11:28
EDI to Sofia added from December. Twice weekly. Interesting - Wizz only use GLA.

sinbad73
1st Aug 2017, 11:31
EDI to Sofia added from December. Twice weekly. Interesting - Wizz only use GLA.

FR op GLA-SOF, not W6.

inOban
1st Aug 2017, 11:33
Sorry. Should have checked - I knew one did!

VickersVicount
1st Aug 2017, 12:41
FR op GLA-SOF
And appear to have promoted reasonable demand. Think previous tour op SOF ventures from Scotland never came to much. Suspect doing well with inbound rather than using it just as a 'ski route'

pabely
1st Aug 2017, 13:41
but you could also add Meridiana/Volotea/Croatian/Alitalia and even parts of the Norwegian network
All these would have to come cap in hand to EZY, their only assets are slots. EZY could just wait for them to fail or retreat then move in accordingly, but that is the same as a few. I'm sure they would be happy to see Norwegian retreat from LGW.
RYR have walked in to Italy over the years and not worried about Alitalia in the slightest.

inOban
1st Aug 2017, 18:27
EDI to SOF seems to be winter only, to 24 April. I assume that it will at least in part, be on contract to a tour operator.

racedo
1st Aug 2017, 19:44
All these would have to come cap in hand to EZY, their only assets are slots. EZY could just wait for them to fail or retreat then move in accordingly, but that is the same as a few. I'm sure they would be happy to see Norwegian retreat from LGW.
RYR have walked in to Italy over the years and not worried about Alitalia in the slightest.

With Brexit Easyjet will not be taking over anybody as EU Airline has to be 50.1% owned by EU Citizens.

LGS6753
1st Aug 2017, 20:35
...and Stelios (38%) is Cypriot.

racedo
2nd Aug 2017, 18:28
...and Stelios (38%) is Cypriot.

He also holds British citizenship so he can be either.
Kind of one way to force the board into his line of thinking.

Mr A Tis
5th Aug 2017, 15:00
French EasyJet pilot convicted for flying ?while suffering the after-effects of ecstasy? (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/05/french-easyjet-pilot-convicted-flying-ecstasy/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg)

Only a suspended sentence?

southside bobby
5th Aug 2017, 15:17
Hanging offence in France then!!....

Espada III
18th Aug 2017, 08:43
Arrived at MAN yesterday for what I knew would be a very busy flight with lots of large families not known for easy communication. The self service weigh and tag terminals were crowded and several were not working. When I got to a terminal it failed half way through.. Queues were getting longer and the staff were running around trying to do manually what was meant to be automatic.

Frankly, if they returned to traditional bag drops, there would have been the same number of staff, but shorter queues and fewer annoyed passengers. Automated systems cannot cope with families with buggies, car seats, overweight luggage and that is one family of nine including a baby.

Back to the future easyJet.

alasdair1
2nd Sep 2017, 17:21
Hi again folks,

We have a deadline from the turkish Authorities for paper work for our wedding next may for the legal process to continue the deadline is wedneday night for them to receive the completed paper work by e-mail.

as they need to know the exact date of arrival into turkey all we need to know is are easyjet opperating weds and sat from 9th may 2018 so we can complete the papers or have to cancel as we have payed the minimum fee required by turkish law which bust be payed 12 months before min.

due to the time it takes to arange the licences and blood tests and they need to check we are in the required duration etc

any information will be only used for this reason

no flight times or numbers will be exchanged pm me if you have any info
again we are sorry for this but we are panicing

Alasdair AND Louise

planedrive
2nd Sep 2017, 20:57
Alasdair1, As you're told every year, again and again, no one knows the easyJet schedule apart from the commercial department at easyJet until the flights are released. Your continued question on the same thing year in year out is boring to say the least.

DC3 Dave
2nd Sep 2017, 21:21
Wot... no ppruners in the commercial department? How very disappointing.

Gulf Julliet Papa
2nd Sep 2017, 23:54
If it was that important why not fly with an airline that has daily flights to Turkey?

jensdad
3rd Sep 2017, 01:32
What an unpleasant place PPRuNe is sometimes. All the best on getting things sorted for your wedding, Alasdair.

toledoashley
3rd Sep 2017, 06:25
Third Thursday in the month is usually the date... but you can never be certain.

FQTLSteve
3rd Sep 2017, 07:01
Alasdair1 Not sure where you are located, but Turkish Airlines fly frequent daily and more flights to Istanbul from London, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh all year round, maybe it would be safer to book with them from your nearest of the airports they fly from. Just a thought.

Mr A Tis
3rd Sep 2017, 10:37
I would never book a "time critical" flight using a loco. If they cancel for whatever reason you are left to rebook maybe days later or your money back. At least with a legacy carrier like TK, BA, LH, KL they will get you there one way or another.

Lee J
3rd Sep 2017, 11:13
Does anyone know what kind of "crew welfare" issue would result in a MAN-GIB flight diverting to Malaga?

EZY1963 this morning was severely delayed due to tech, replacement plane from Gatwick ferried up to Manchester and fresh crew onboard.

The diversion was announced hours before the plane left Manchester.

LAX_LHR
3rd Sep 2017, 14:37
It might be that GIB is a 2 captain airport, and there may not have been 2 captains to to operate the flight. Not 100% sure but that would be my guess at the situation.

brian_dromey
3rd Sep 2017, 14:38
Does anyone know what kind of "crew welfare" issue would result in a MAN-GIB flight diverting to Malaga?

EZY1963 this morning was severely delayed due to tech, replacement plane from Gatwick ferried up to Manchester and fresh crew onboard.

The diversion was announced hours before the plane left Manchester.

I think easyJet requires some additional training for operating into GIB. My guess is that the stand-by crew didn't have the correct paperwork for GIB.

lfc84
3rd Sep 2017, 15:11
I think easyJet requires some additional training for operating into GIB. My guess is that the stand-by crew didn't have the correct paperwork for GIB.

I believe this to be the case

RAT 5
3rd Sep 2017, 19:11
Does anyone know what kind of "crew welfare" My guess is that the stand-by crew didn't have the correct paperwork for GIB.

That would be 'pax welfare' then.

inOban
6th Sep 2017, 06:56
August + 9.4%. LF 96.3%

PAXboy
10th Sep 2017, 23:24
For the Sunday 10th, #2227 LTN-ALC that was canx due 'tech problem' and the return #2228 late Sunday evening: If anyone can assist with information about the nature of the problem, that would be appreciated. PM if you have info, many thanks.