PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

virginblue
7th Aug 2009, 17:10
Because useful slots are difficult to come by and the airports are very expensive (and not exactly desperate to attract LCC). If it was that simple, airberlin would long have based a short-haul fleet at FRA to operate a network like from TXL and DUS. I am pretty sure that Easyjet sees Germany as the toughest European market.

toledoashley
7th Aug 2009, 17:16
I would have thought that LTN-DUS is an obvious choice as there is no local competition (Although then would they drop the Dortmund service and concentrate on DUS?).

I would be very excited about a FRA service as well, I hate having to fly into Hahn on Ryanair, would much prefer EZY and from Luton would be a huge plus.

Could all be a pipedream though, we can dream...

cesare.caldi
7th Aug 2009, 17:45
For FRA and MUC also Lufthansa have special price from 88 euro return all inn and a lot of daily flights to choice.

MUFC_fan
7th Aug 2009, 19:26
For FRA and MUC also Lufthansa have special price from 88 euro return all inn and a lot of daily flights to choice.

Not a bad deal considering the free food, drinks and baggage etc. but businessmen are not too bothered about that on a LON-FRA flight of approx. 1h to 1h 15m unless they are the people who refuse to travel in business as it is 'common' and only first will do or they are loyal LH (there are a number of them!) with large amounts of miles on their cards.

However, for the realists - U2 would give LH a good go on a number of routes - remember BA at LGW?

david1994
8th Aug 2009, 00:01
At the current date easyjet have the following aircraft :
Aircraft Total
Airbus A319-100 127
Airbus A320-200 16
Airbus A321-200 5
Boeing 737-700 20

(The EasyJet fleet consists of the following aircraft (at July 2009)

7x B737 are based at Belfast. Others at Newcastle and Luton etc,
How come Easyjet remeoved the based A319 from Belfast. And in the winter or next summer will there be a based A319 , A320 or A321 as it says
''EasyJet plan to have disposed of its entire Boeing 737 fleet by 2011''

True Blue
8th Aug 2009, 09:38
It wasn't a based 319. It only night-stopped from Gatwick and returned there the next morning.

True Blue

EI-BUD
8th Aug 2009, 17:09
7x B737 are based at Belfast. Others at Newcastle and Luton etc

I think that it is 6 x 737-700 at Belfast for EZY with the first based airbus due by christmas. Most likely I would say a 319!

EI-BUD

tigger2k8
9th Aug 2009, 11:32
yep its 6x EZY's (737s) based at BFS... first one like already said is due before or around christmas with the swap over due to be complete around May 2010 (probably will take longer)... BFS pilots are now training in simulators in AMS :)...

Thad Jarvis
9th Aug 2009, 20:49
No they're not. In any case AMS is mainly used for Boeing.

bjones4
18th Aug 2009, 17:46
Does anyone know when the final 5 GB Airways A320s (G-TTOF/G/H/I/J) will be moving on from EZY?

Flying LGW-ACE towards the end of September and wondering what the chances were of getting a new G-EZT_ aircraft, some 75% of recent flights all being on G-TTO_ aircraft.

MancRy
18th Aug 2009, 20:39
I think that the plan is for them to remain until atleast the end of 2010. There are now 11 EZT* in the fleet compared to the five ex GB examples. The TTO* are now all LGW based however.

Zippy Monster
18th Aug 2009, 21:56
In addition not all of the G-EZT* are UK-based - there is at least one at both CDG and ORY, for example. That said, all the recent EZT* deliveries appear to be to LGW.

Ian Brooks
18th Aug 2009, 23:07
They change bases quite frequently as MAN has 3 at present G-EZTG, I and J
and all changed over this week

Ian B

The Flying Cokeman
19th Aug 2009, 09:29
According to Virgin engineers who service the old GB A320 planes say that 2 or 3 are leaving this OCT and the rest in MAR 2010 as leases are ending.

Bob_Harris_721
19th Aug 2009, 10:17
Could someone please tell me the likely effects of easyJet's baggage handlers' strike which is apparently starting tomorrow? I can't find anything in Latest News on the easyJet website.

What is expected? Cancellations, or just delays while managers do the work instead? Will the hand baggage rules be relaxed?

I'm meeting someone of an EZY at Liverpool tomorrow afternoon, so some advance info would be useful to me and probably 10,000 others.

Thanks,
Bob

MancRy
19th Aug 2009, 10:26
I operated a TFS flight at the weekend during a strike and it wasn't even apparent that there was a strike. So there's your answer. Please also remember that this action is only being taken at the airline's self handling stations in Spain and these stations are very few......limited to IBZ, PMI, TFS, ALC and one or two others.

Bob_Harris_721
19th Aug 2009, 10:47
Thanks, but are you sure? I thought that this dispute was specifically at Liverpool, as per the local press reports.

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - News - Liverpool Local News - Liverpool John Lennon airport baggage handlers to strike from next week (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/08/10/liverpool-john-lennon-airport-baggage-handlers-to-strike-from-next-week-100252-24364977/)

Bob

tigger2k8
19th Aug 2009, 11:47
if your flying with EZY from LPL during the strike mentioned above you will still be flying, as its Gate Aviation that handles EZY now

david1994
19th Aug 2009, 11:51
Does any body no anything about Belfast [BFS] , When the 1st Airbus will be based for Winter , Becasue a B737 opps a ALC flight and up untill Jan it changes to a A319 , So will the winter be 5x 737 and 1 A319 instead of 6x 737

David

dwlpl
19th Aug 2009, 11:58
Thanks, but are you sure? I thought that this dispute was specifically at Liverpool, as per the local press reports.

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - News - Liverpool Local News - Liverpool John Lennon airport baggage handlers to strike from next week

Bob

If the strike does go ahead (there is a vote to be done in the meantime) then it will not affect EZY as its uses a different agent.

Bob_Harris_721
19th Aug 2009, 12:21
Re strike, thanks for clarifying - I'm much relieved!
Bob

EI-BUD
19th Aug 2009, 15:04
Becasue a B737 opps a ALC flight and up untill Jan it changes to a A319 ,

David1994, how do you know it changes to a 319??? I was not aware that the airline announced what type of AC were operating?

It is however, not unusual for some 319s to do W patterns through BFS enroute to say Nice or Malaga in which case you could be on a 319 from mainland Europe to BFS or VV. The morning Bristol aircraft has done this and also the morning Belfast Bristol 737 will do the same going in the opposite direction. I think it was BFS AGP BRS BFS and the 319 doing BRS BFS AGP BRS.

May stand to be corrected!!!
I also do note that the BFS ALC Times have changed for the winter, as I use this route quite often myself. It used to be a 0600 departure now its 0730 most days and in winter it will usually go at 1045 am.

EI-BUD

MancRy
19th Aug 2009, 15:22
Sorry, I was referring to the industrial action taken by Easyjet's inhouse handling agent that operate at several Spanish stations.

tigger2k8
19th Aug 2009, 23:21
there will be 5 base aircraft at BFS during the winter, a 737 will leave as a 319 arrives....

first one is rumored for December time and the conversion completed by May 2010..

theres lots of rotations that EZY are missing out on this winter, they've kept the FAO down to 2x a week, they could easily fill 3 or 4, same with KRK, they could fill 4 or 5 instead of the 3 they have scheduled

on sundays you will find the inbound AGP and NCE coming in as A319's

i am shocked that next spring EZY is putting the 0700 LPL flight back on, despite poor PAX numbers on the flight at that time

also theres a rumor of a new route next year, probably another sun destination

david1994
19th Aug 2009, 23:36
also theres a rumor of a new route next year, probably another sun destination

Would that be the Tenerife ??

tigger2k8
20th Aug 2009, 00:20
dont know, probably not as covered by 3 airlines from the start of winter... id put my money on EZY starting a route that no one else is currently serving from BFS

EI-BUD
20th Aug 2009, 07:38
What about one of the greek Islands or a destination in France eg La Rochelle?
Crete or Corfu perhaps.?

dwlpl
20th Aug 2009, 09:15
i am shocked that next spring EZY is putting the 0700 LPL flight back on, despite poor PAX numbers on the flight at that time

The Liverpool/Belfast route is said to be eayJet most popular route.

tigger2k8
20th Aug 2009, 11:52
it is one of EZY's most popular routes (BFS-LPL) hence the 5/6 flights a day depending on the day of the week, but the 0700 departure usually heads out with an average of 60 PAX

Ian Brooks
20th Aug 2009, 12:54
Too many bad heads from the previous night

david1994
20th Aug 2009, 12:56
but the 0700 departure usually heads out with an average of 60 PAX

Wold it be mostly business people using the 0700 and other people using the 0820.

tigger2k8
20th Aug 2009, 18:03
could be business people or just people who want to take advantage of cheap fares at that time of the morning, however the 0700 depature disappeares in winter, which is replaced by a (mon-fri) 0700 depature to EDI from BFS using a base aircraft... then the aircraft will return to BFS at 09:05 and depart to ALC or KRK depending on the day of the week*

*subject to change no doubt..

Seljuk22
21st Aug 2009, 07:07
from 21st Sep LGW-MUC will be increased from daily to trice daily (Oktoberfest starts 19th Sep ;))

Charlie Roy
21st Aug 2009, 16:17
from 21st Sep LGW-MUC will be increased from daily to trice daily

Orange versus Green.
Round 2.
Fight!!!!

My money is on the Orange corner.
Aer Lingus will end up coming off the route and replacing it with a as of yet unserved route, which should have been their strategy on day one, but ya, not everyone learns from their mistakes [i.e. Belfast].

LGW_08R
21st Aug 2009, 16:41
Charlie Roy

LGW-MUC was unserved until Aer Lingus announced it, then a short while later easyJet followed suit. I don't see any threat to be honest.

davidjohnson6
21st Aug 2009, 17:26
Until Aer Lingus opened the LGW-MUC route or, for that matter, Ryanair opened STN-FMM, the only LCC route between London and Munich that really lasted was Easyjet on STN-MUC.

Given the distance and even the airport types (i.e. big airports near big cities), fares on this route were very much on the high side compared to other LCC routes.

toledoashley
21st Aug 2009, 17:59
From TTG website:

EasyJet in deadlock with Luton airport

Friday, August 21, 2009

Chris Gray

Negotiations between easyJet and Luton airport over landing fees for next year are understood to have reached an impasse that could threaten the size of the airline’s presence at the base.

EasyJet, which is the largest airline at Luton, is understood to be refusing to pay higher landing charges proposed by the airport and debating whether to move aircraft to Stansted and Gatwick instead.

The airline started at Luton and still regards it as its “spiritual home” but has been at odds with the airport over several issues, including a £1 drop-off charge, as well as the proposed increase in landing fees.

Sources close to the negotiations suggest airport charges already make up about 10% of the average easyJet fare from Luton and the proposed increase would force it to raise ticket prices for passengers.

It is thought that if easyJet does not get the deal it wants, it could drop plans to expand at Luton and move two of its eight aircraft based there to other airports.

A Luton airport spokeswoman said: “We are in negotiations with all of the airlines and as we renegotiate contracts. We are always discussing new routes and growth with the airlines.”

EasyJet spokesman Andrew McConnell said: “Talks are still continuing between easyJet and the airport about airport costs and the future growth strategy, which would allow us to invest at the airport to create much needed jobs.”

liamfr
21st Aug 2009, 18:29
last time I was down there Luton was 11 737, 6 319's

david1994
21st Aug 2009, 18:33
last time I was down there Luton was 11 737, 6 319's

18 B737's left in fleet now so they must be based here :
11 @ LTN
6 @ BFS
1 @ NCL

In the Winter 1 B737 will be removed from BFS and an A319 will come and will do ALC in morning / afternoon.

david1994
25th Aug 2009, 22:13
Any chance of a Manchester to Gatwick route

MAN - LGW is only 176mi with an initial heading of 149o (SE) So I doubt it very much.

EI-BUD
25th Aug 2009, 22:13
Any chance of a Manchester to Gatwick route ??

Hi ib16uk; I cant see this happening unless BA withdraw, however, with BA having a shareholding in Flybe I imagine Flybe would be onto it so quickly!

Re the German domestic routes, Easyjet wanted to have a major presence in Germany in recent years but there were hurdles to this for one thing going say into Frankfurt there were no slots. Besides that they only have a base at Berlin in Germany now that Dortmund is closed, so the likely markets that they would look at would be ex Berlin... and with limited other airports served within Germany at a significant distance these are limited. Check the map at easyjet.com

As regards Barcelona Madrid this route is apparently the busiest in Europe. It it hottly contested, Vueling say that they have 23% of the passengers with 18% of the capacity, this was an interesting statistic that i read somewhere. With so many airlines on this corridor it is unlikely that Easyjet would go in. There are plenty of routes from Madrid only served by Iberia that they would find rich pickings on?? What do you think?

EI-BUD

racedo
25th Aug 2009, 22:30
As regards Barcelona Madrid this route is apparently the busiest in Europe. It it hottly contested, Vueling say that they have 23% of the passengers with 18% of the capacity, this was an interesting statistic that i read somewhere. With so many airlines on this corridor it is unlikely that Easyjet would go in. There are plenty of routes from Madrid only served by Iberia that they would find rich pickings on?? What do you think?

Pax numbers are down 25% I believe following opening of the high speed rail link and will follow what happened between London and Paris once Eurotunnel started.

Seljuk22
26th Aug 2009, 06:18
Why do they not operate any domestic flights in Germany ?
Slot problems? EZY would surely like to fly SXF-DUS or SXF-MUC maybe HAM-MUC and SXF-FRA but they don't get enough slots at FRA, MUC and DUS (domestic flights - you need to fly double/trice daily).
I looked at the winter departures of CDG and MAD and it looks like there are each 7 a/c based. :ok:

apaul
26th Aug 2009, 06:35
Internal German flights are subject to VAT. Also I doubt the German airlines would let Easyjet build up a large internal German network without a price war.

parky747
26th Aug 2009, 07:13
anyone have more news on when the 4th based unit for MAN is due?

toledoashley
26th Aug 2009, 08:02
Just an update on the German routes. It looks like that all of the FRA flights have disappeared off the waitlist. From DUS all have disappeared apart from the Gatwick rotations.

So I would say a lot of German expansion is got going to happen for the moment.

jpthomas72
26th Aug 2009, 11:08
Yes, Berlin has lots of domestic flights already, this is not a gap in the market. TUIFly I think still holds the special contract to shuttle federal government public servants between former capital-city Bonn (using Cologne CGN) and Berlin (used to be a really cool flight from Tempelhof, now Tegel). Some 20 departures per day from Cologne to Berlin. 4U connect Zweibruecken, Cologne, Stuttgart, AB for Duesseldorf, Saarbruecken and Munich, FR for Hahn and Weeze, again TUIFly for Memmingen. Not even mentioning LH's network. Plus fast trainlines (esp in East Germany), making e.g. Hamburg-Berlin pretty pointless by air. So yes, EZY is just too late for domestic German routes, in general apart from the new Dusseldorf-Basel flight they seem on the retreat from Germany. 3 flights a day from the whole of London to Berlin this summer - how poor is that ! While both AB and 4U actively market connecting flights from UK via their hubs. EZY's Dortmund and Cologne operation cut back sharply. Sorry Stelios, looks like you've lost the game in the biggest EU economy. OK, I admit I'm personally unhappy as they cut EMA-CGN and were too scared to open BHX-SXF (leaving me with FR EMA-SXF), and run BHX-GVA only in the ski season. All there other routes make money, while these apparently wouldn't.

Seat62K
26th Aug 2009, 13:42
To return to Madrid-Barcelona, I'm not convinced that the success of high speed rail in Spain will hit low cost carriers as much as legacy ones. Ave fares in Spain are high (as were, traditionally, and still are today to some extent, domestic air fares) so I'd expect the primary targets of high speed rail are business and affluent leisure travellers.

I think that Ryanair knows this. High speed rail is due to arrive in Valencia, for example, fairly soon, with Alicante following, yet Ryanair has chosen to start flying to both from Madrid. Either Ryanair doesn't think more than a season or two in advance (possible, I know!) or it sees little long-term threat from high speed rail in Spain.

virginblue
26th Aug 2009, 14:37
In general, I agree with the observation re German domestic flights. However, a window of opportunity could open once TUIFly has disappeared as a serious competitor as a result of the planned co-operation with airberlin. I guess much will depend on how much effect the growing number of Ryanair's domestic flights have on the domestic travel market that, until now, is only served LCC-wise by TUIfly and Germanwings (although in all honesty, airberlin and Lufthansa are not much more expensive if flights are not booked a year or so in advance).

I think easyjet's biggest problem is that they do not have a serious base in the Rhine-Ruhr area which is the largest European conurbation. DTM did not work out, they shied away from CGN because of TUIFly and Germanwings and apparently they are not patient enough to built up a presence at DUS slowly by adding flights whenever slots become available.

MancRy
26th Aug 2009, 17:54
I'm not sure when the 4th aircraft is scheduled.......I'm not even sure if the company know yet. However, the vast majority of tempoary cabin crew are being kept for the Winter.

gate 22
28th Aug 2009, 11:02
I would say that now is the time to take EZY into Dublin, there is no excuse. Just under 1 million passengers flew STN/DUB last year. If EZY launched only 3 per day STN/DUB with a STN based aircraft, surely they could make an impact with London based travellers. The EZY product is strong, they compete with FR all over the place, what is the problem? They could operate from current bases at Malaga, Barcelona, Paris, Glasgow, Luton etc.

VanBosh
28th Aug 2009, 11:23
They would be crucified by Ryanair. Every route they went on Ryanair would do double the frequency for half the price. The London route tho might be an option, as you pointed out they are strong in London so they could do well on that. They could do that as a starting point and see how it goes but I dont think in this environment they would try it, they didnt have the nerve in the good auld days when they flew to ORK/NOC/SNN so I doubt they will now.

johnrizzo2000
28th Aug 2009, 11:47
If EZY entered DUB-STN they would be crucified by FR. AGP is operated by EI and FR and competition is tough, so EZY would be mad to try. Even BCN, CDG and there other bases are operated by EI and FR (from secondary airport's) and EZY would be up against it:ugh:

gate 22
28th Aug 2009, 12:47
FR have a frequent service DUB/STN, so what if they double it, there are enough people on that route who would prefer the EZY product over FR. If they started with 3 returns per day at times to suit the London based passenger, they will get market share, and then grow the route to suit. FR haven't exactly wiped out EZY at LPL or STN. It would be good for EZY, DUB and the traveller.
Airports should have an input into their route structures, EZY could negotiate an array of routes working with DUB, with Dublin not permitting the kind of tactics whereby an airline purposely runs routes at a loss to fight off a competitor. It would be in the interests of the airport and the customer.

davidjohnson6
28th Aug 2009, 13:41
There are plenty of other routes for Easyjet to launch, before getting involved in a damaging and loss-making fare ware with Europe's other big LCC.
Many years ago, Easyjet and Go had a fare war between Belfast and Scotland - great for the passenger, but ended up costing both airlines tens of millions of pounds.

EI-BUD
28th Aug 2009, 22:05
I would say that now is the time to take EZY into Dublin, there is no excuse

gate22 I would say that there are plenty of excuses!!! The fact that DUB STN is Ryanair's biggest route and the fact that Dublin is the home base, Ryanair would literally give away the seats for FOC to kick EZY's ass.

It would be like EDI & GLA to DUB all over again when GO came in. You could have literally booked a return (day trip if wanted) on DUB to EDI or GLA a day in advance for £5 return all in!!! Go lost millions and Barbara Cassani the then Go CEO said it was a massive mistake to take Ryanair on on their home turf.

Easyjet know what happened on NOC, ORK and SNN.

Also wouldnt be good for shareholder value!!

All that said I would love to see it!! What would be great is if Galway or Waterford could accomodate a 319 but not a 738 and Easyjet could do STN or LGW and that would really suit MOL????:}

gate 22
29th Aug 2009, 06:21
The fact that DUB STN is Ryanair's biggest route and the fact that Dublin is the home base, Ryanair would literally give away the seats for FOC to kick EZY's ass.

I do not understand what the problem is with this fear of FR. Even if there are flights for free alot of people just will not fly with them. If EZY were to persist at DUB and grow the product there, the god like status of FR would start to fall away. I think the fact that operators are kept away from DUB out of fear is unhealthy. Dub is like nearly the size of MAN, its not like Prestwick. Is it not illegal within EU law to operate at a loss on routes to push out competition? If it is not illegal DUB airport should take a long hard look at itself and try to reduce the dominance of FR and the low revenue it probably generates by finding ways of breaking down this fear of airlines using the facility. What the people of Dublin really needs if this does not work is another airport!!!

befree
29th Aug 2009, 07:02
DUB could offer EZY some big discounts so that it becomes less dependent on FR. DUB needs some more power over ryanair and getting other airlines in would help. The next time Ryanair makes threats against the airport it can offer to replace them with Easyjet.

en2r
29th Aug 2009, 15:23
I do not understand what the problem is with this fear of FR. Even if there are flights for free alot of people just will not fly with them. If EZY were to persist at DUB and grow the product there, the god like status of FR would start to fall away. I think the fact that operators are kept away from DUB out of fear is unhealthy. Dub is like nearly the size of MAN, its not like Prestwick. Is it not illegal within EU law to operate at a loss on routes to push out competition? If it is not illegal DUB airport should take a long hard look at itself and try to reduce the dominance of FR and the low revenue it probably generates by finding ways of breaking down this fear of airlines using the facility. What the people of Dublin really needs if this does not work is another airport!!!
As has been mentioned above, Easyjet (and their predecessor GO) tried to enter the southern market before in better economic times, and both times they lost millions and were driven out by Ryanair. I can't see them trying again, at least not until the economy recovers. Easyjet's problem is that they are virtually a complete unknown in the Republic, whereas Aer Lingus and Ryanair are household names, so when they tried before they had to rely almost entirely on UK passengers to fly with them, while Ryanair and Aer Lingus could attract both Irish and UK passengers.

toledoashley
30th Aug 2009, 09:08
There is so much competition on the Irish routes, which EZY doesnt really need to get involved with. I cant understand the logic of a STN-DUB service as that is FR's flagship service. EZY need to look at new markets, Greek/Turkish routes in the summer (Kos, Zante, Crete (Chania), Preveza, Antalya, Izmir etc) and selected Ski, Sun and City destinations in the winter (Tunisia, Morocco, Madeira, Cyprus, Egypt (Sharm, Hurghada & Cairo?) as well as the usual increase in flights to Geneva, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Turin and Toulouse.

If EZY were to enter the DUB market, wouldnt something like GVA - DUB be the best start?

SexyladyEZY
2nd Sep 2009, 20:22
I am currently on maternity leave and had a phone call today that there is meetings tmrw at EMA about easyjet at east midlands airport, meetings are scheduled for 10am,12 and 2pm, everyone is saying it is SERIOUS, is this the end for easyjet at east mids ?

I think so too now :-(

Maria xx

davidjohnson6
2nd Sep 2009, 20:33
A large company based in the UK with a high level of public visiblity which makes those on maternity leave redundant will usually want to have a very good reason before doing so - if not, HR are not doing their job properly !

SexyladyEZY
2nd Sep 2009, 20:36
David i think they are shutting the base down, it has been on the cards for years now....... :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

bmibaby.com
2nd Sep 2009, 20:42
Very sad news if indeed the airline is closing the base, it's been 3 aircraft for nearly 7 years and I wonder if easyJet feel that with FR, WW and now LS, plus all the charter flying, that there is nowhere for them to grow. I don't think they do any routes (besides BCN and VCE) out of EMA that isn't competed with from another carrier, plus a few more down the road at BHX. Extremely sad news as it's a lovely base with some fantastic crew, hopefully many will manage to be re-homed at the other airlines based here.

First Bag
2nd Sep 2009, 20:44
I doubt anything will happen. Heres a few of your other posts regarding Easyjet at EMA. They all sound very familiar and Easyjet are still at EMA and going strong !

You posted this 2 June 2008

Very strong Rumour as i am not in at work today, but one of my fellow colleague's of mine she is senior crew, that Easyjet are withdrawing from EMA from the end of October, apparently a member of crew was told yesterday that the terms would be either to transfer to LTN as they are having the Airbus and will need additional crew for this as of the 4 crew rule etc...
Or you can take redundancy , i think the latter will be the main one as most crew live in Derby. Notts or South yorkshire way, I know for certain my colleague ***** who lives in Sheffeild will deffo not go to LTN, and my other colleague ***** ********** who lives nr Ashby will not go either as she originally joined Go and will not go all the way to LTN as

You posted this 16 August 20007

Well i am on my days off and in shock !!!
I am a Senior At Easyjet at East midlands and i have been warning you for a long time about this.
Well at home this lunch time, and i thought i would check my intranet site with work and catch up on my Emails, and got one which has shocked me and my fellow colleagues.
Basically as business and pax numbers are down at EMA, our base manager is looking for crew and Seniors who are willing to take unpaid leave from Oct to March 2008.

easyboy22
2nd Sep 2009, 20:50
There is meetings at Luton at the same time tomorrow with all the Luton crew
something is defo going on...

OliWW
2nd Sep 2009, 20:51
easyJet will be greatly missed if they decide its time to pack up, though there is plenty of other airlines who fly the routes and with Jet2 arriving, would be a perfect opportunity for them

davidjohnson6
2nd Sep 2009, 20:57
If something significant is going to happen, it is likely to be announced to the stock exchange before most staff are told (yes, I know this seems unfair, but it's part of the rules relating to being listed on a stock exchange).

You may wish to pay a visit to Finance - Stock Prices - News - London Stock Exchange (http://www.londonstockexchange.com) - the most common time for announcments to be released is around 7 am. The code for Easyjet is EZJ

SexyladyEZY
2nd Sep 2009, 20:57
Hello oli, how are you firstly.

Firstbag, if you read my post from earlier tonight, you will see that i state quite clearly, many a rumour !!!!!!!
Tmrw there is meetings at east midlands and luton, something is happening BIG time.

like you all say our routes are all covered except for a couple, bad times i feel.

maria

toledoashley
2nd Sep 2009, 21:06
Keep us updated if you hear anything from the inside, im sure we will find out either from LSE or the press first though.

Has this got anything to do with the 'dispute' over the Luton Airport landing fees? What about LTN services being moved to EMA??

First Bag
2nd Sep 2009, 21:06
In your post today I cant see anywhere you say rumour, you do in the one I pasted from 2008 which came to nothing. Well Im at work tomorrow so no doubt I will hear this big rumour but before then I will take it as a pinch of salt like your posts before which came to nowt

SexyladyEZY
2nd Sep 2009, 21:11
oh Firstbag, go away you little moron as you will see from my posting tonight there is also someone else who has commented about a luton meeting tmrw, can you not READ..... doh, how thick are you ?

I said it has been on the cards for years !!!!!!!!!

Well lets see what happens tmrw, i hope we will be ok, i have a mortgage like most people do and also expecting my first child, Fingers crossed guys

easyboy22
2nd Sep 2009, 21:21
Sexyladyezy yes defo meetings in ltn tmrw as my mates in ltn are going at 10am I really hope you guys are ok but as you said been rumours for a while about ema. If it's not good news the only saving grace is that jet2 will be recruiting at ema soon. Fingers crossed for our collegues at ema.
sexyladyezy congrats on the baby.

First Bag
2nd Sep 2009, 21:25
Hmmmmm with your comments I presume you work in easyjet customer relations? Before mouthing off on here about bases closing down etc think about what you are saying its not just your job thats at risk.Joe Public reading what you have put will not book tickets for flights if according to your 'rumour' the base is going to shut so that would bring an end to easyjet at EMA all because you said theres a meeting tomorrow which you dont even know what its about. It could be about cutting crew for the winter season or maybe its an extra flight but before the meeting happens no one knows !

SexyladyEZY
2nd Sep 2009, 21:26
thanks for your nice words Easy xxx mwah

Fingers crossed for tmrw for all of us

SexyladyEZY
2nd Sep 2009, 21:37
Firstbag, will you kindly shut up !!!!

I am in fact Senior cabin crew ( Purser ) have you also a problem with people who work in Customer service facing positions, or are you one of those FAT lazy people who work behind a desk eating mars bars all day long and drive a Skoda ?
Not nice to be labelled is it ?
All in all, lets hope tmrw goes ok for all

SexyladyEZY
2nd Sep 2009, 21:45
Firstbag

Also your bad grammar, i did not mention BASE (S) i said a base !
Also i do not mouth off, i placed a comment on here as other EZY people do use this facility as well you know !
Also i know it is not just my JOB at risk, i have stated that there are other people too and people with mortgages too !
Also tell that to the 120 crew who also think this is a RUMOUR too, it is not my RUMOUR !

Thanks for all your lovely pvt messages guys, so very kind to know that there are some humans out there in this world of ours, i am being very positive and lets hope tmrw is not to bad
xx

egnxema
2nd Sep 2009, 22:33
Hi Sexylady - congrats on the baby - hope all goes well.

Have also noticed that you do have a theme to your posts - you either say that EZY at EMA is about to close, or tell anyone that disagrees with you to shut up.....

While I am waiting to see what tomorrow's announcement is, there is one ting that I know for sure and that is that "it has been on the cards for years!!!!" is utter bolxxxks!

It is basic airline economics that a route either makes money and is open, or makes a loss and quickly shut. Route closures at EMA have been no more likely than route closures at LTN LPL or LGW, if it loses too much, it's shut.

The fact that similar meeting times have been called for LTN would suggest this is not an EMA specific announcement.

Let's wait and see.

NJTCF
2nd Sep 2009, 22:33
Sexylady EZY Never Laughed so much:D

Some Corkers there

First Bag Little Moron No.... First Bag Never Shuts Up:) Fat Lazy Person No..... Drives A Skoda Maybe:ok:..... Mars Bars :E.

As for the Original Post Maybe Thats why penny Signed a 10 year deal with Jet2 Knowing that EZY Were Pulling Out:confused: Who Knows well i dont but We will find out in the Morning will we not..

OliWW
2nd Sep 2009, 22:43
Or, it could just be re scheduling, staff movements etc... something really simple and basic, who knows...

liamfr
2nd Sep 2009, 22:52
out of interest, is East Mids on flexible rostering?

kingston_toon
2nd Sep 2009, 23:00
Could it be easyJet expansion at EMA? Base a 320 there and go head to head with LS on the likes of Sharm etc, launching before they do?

Centre cities
2nd Sep 2009, 23:05
Is the galss half full or half empty.

Were the Easy talks at LTN concluded and all sorted or not.

If not perhaps its not doom and gloom at EMA, just perhaps some of the LTN aircraft are coming up to EMA.

Just a thought but that may explain meetings at both bases.

Centre cities

SexyladyEZY
3rd Sep 2009, 05:23
I am really hoping it is good news today for all bases concerned, Fingers and legs crossed. Well will find out shortly.

TartinTon
3rd Sep 2009, 09:02
Would be good to see Easy expanding at EMA especially with Jet2 coming in. I would think that Easy would now regard a lot of those Jet2 routes as ones that they should be serving themselves.

Powerjet1
3rd Sep 2009, 09:32
EasyJet announcement at 10.30am today - Dunstable Today (http://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/541/EasyJet-announcement-at-1030am-today.5614566.jp)

racedo
3rd Sep 2009, 09:42
Looks like the lady with the baby is spot on.

mzgoo
3rd Sep 2009, 09:47
it's confirmed, ema to close and 20% reduction in crew at ltn

AndyH52
3rd Sep 2009, 09:53
Airline has announced start of consultation on closure of EMA base and reduction in fleet at LTN of 20%. Also reductions in flight crews at some other UK bases though not of aircraft

easyJet announces network redeployments - East Midlands to close and Luton to be reduced by 20% (http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2009/03-09-09.aspx)

easyboy22
3rd Sep 2009, 10:27
Good luck to all our collegues at ltn and ema
thoughts are with you...

SexyladyEZY
3rd Sep 2009, 13:12
Wel ltold you, just had my meeting, the base closes in Jan 2010 as EMA is to expensive to operate from.
I have been with easyjet for over 7 years. Deffo not going to ryanair as i dont beleive in there policies.

I am just so gutted but like most of us at the bae have said, it has been on the cards for many years, shame all our loads ar 90% + on all routes, i blame easyjet for not expanding us, Well done to Jet2 for coming in and taking the next level with the new routes they will offer.

So sorry that i will miss working at the best base ever, Take a bow guys, you are all good !

Maria xx

K.Whyjelly
3rd Sep 2009, 13:21
Maria, so sorry to hear the news......I know the feeling having been made redundant from EMA post 9/11 and having to move away to pastures new for a job. Not nice:uhoh:.

First Bag..............where are you?? Any comments, anything at all? Maybe more importantly an apology to Sexylady EZY.

Your attitude stinks mate

dwlpl
3rd Sep 2009, 13:23
Maria, so sorry to hear the news......I know the feeling having been made redundant from EMA post 9/11 and having to move away to pastures new for a job. Not nice.

First Bag..............where are you?? Any comments, anything at all? Maybe more importantly an apology to Sexylady EZY.

Your attitude stinks mate

I think that he should wholeheartedly apologise after what he said yesterday. Totally uncalled for.

easyboy22
3rd Sep 2009, 13:25
Very bad news hope you all go on to better things get applying to jet2 least it's same base if that's what you want
good luck to all of you

Off Stand
3rd Sep 2009, 13:53
I'm sorry to hear the news guys. I know some crew at EMA who I used to fly with at LTN and LGW for ezy, I hope that you get new jobs very soon.

SexyladyEZY
3rd Sep 2009, 14:02
You guys are all so nice and very kind people indeed... Mwah
Well i think Easyjet will move to Bhx now, bigger airport, bigger location and more industry i suppose, Watch this space as when you read the easyjet website announcement they want to move to more " attractive " locations and when i queried this, they mean't a more bigger and not so far airport !
So like i say, watch this space

May consider myself for Jet2, just rang them and got told they wont be recruiting till next year :-(

ReadyToGo
3rd Sep 2009, 14:19
FR have reduced frequency to DUB on a lot of the regions. NCL now only has the one flight daily, and with no EI service any more, it seems like a gaping hole in the market.

An evening NCL-DUB could complement the FR service for the passenger. Fly out in the morning with FR and back with EZY!

Ryanair didn't multiply the frequencies over the summer, when EI had an A320, and loads seemed good, despite the fact that the EI product was significantly more expensive.

I am sure the capacity is there!

RTG!

Seljuk22
3rd Sep 2009, 14:40
"attractive locations": Paris, Milan, Rome, Madrid and of course Gatwick.

OliWW
3rd Sep 2009, 14:45
Would make sense for EZY to move to BHX, with good loads at EMA would be possible to get them at BHX as well. Though then you get the issue of WW or FR moving from BHX to EMA, so its 50/50

cesare.caldi
3rd Sep 2009, 15:27
When will close EMA base? Flights from EMA now are normally on sale until 30 June 2010.

Easyjet have now 6 aircraft to relocate (3 from EMA and 3 from LTN) i believe will be add at MXP, FCO and open new base at BCN T2.

dwlpl
3rd Sep 2009, 15:40
..... sometime in January.

cesare.caldi
3rd Sep 2009, 15:43
..... sometime in January

Why flights are on sale until June 2010?

SexyladyEZY
3rd Sep 2009, 15:48
i have also noticed this too, this is bad, taking bookings and money for flights that don't exist !!!!!

dwlpl
3rd Sep 2009, 15:50
May not be January after all, but flights up to the New Year are the only ones 'guaranteed' so far.

From the statement.

Flights to and from East Midlands up to the end of 2009, including the Christmas and New Year period, are wholly unaffected. Passengers do not need to take any further action and their flight will be operated as planned. Passengers travelling after this period will be informed well in advance if and how their travel might be affected.

EI-BUD
3rd Sep 2009, 16:56
Would make sense for EZY to move to BHX, with good loads at EMA would be possible to get them at BHX as well. Though then you get the issue of WW or FR moving from BHX to EMA, so its 50/50

The whole issue is that the market from many of the airports are saturated. EMA is a case in hand and BHX is too.

While airlines might get good loads and fill aircraft some of the markets are so hottly contested that the seats are being sold so cheaply (relative to the cost) that the base is not sustainable.

EZY being a ´pan european´ airline can move its aircraft to markets that are not so crowded and make an acceptable return on investment. I would suggest that BHX is full as regards to operators. with WW, FR, BE etc all in the fold. Besides EZY know the market as they have a few routes in and know what the yield environment is like.

There are not alot of base opportunities in the UK at the moment I would suggest. EZY will get big over time at MAN. I cant see much else happening until well after the recession.

On a different note, I am wondering is the arrival of Jet2 because the airport knew that EZY were leaving?

Mr Angry from Purley
3rd Sep 2009, 19:54
Really disappointed to hear this news. EZY were miles ahead of the competition in my humble view (well except pricing as you can't beat FR)
Good luck Sexy Lady. If Purser Rob Jones is still at EMA wish him well as he's had his fair share of Airlines crapping on him. He knows me from Orion, Excalibur and probably somewhere else....:\

SexyladyEZY
3rd Sep 2009, 21:32
funny how firstbag has kept quiet, must be all those mars bars he had and choked on when he heard the news today.

Well tmrw is a new day

Maria xx

Honeybuzzard
3rd Sep 2009, 21:40
A very sad day, I use Easyjet 5/6 times a year from EMA. Always good flights and crews. Booked to go to BCN in Sept and Nov and Malaga next May. It was nice being home 30 mins after landing. I sometimes use Brianair, but not if I can help it.

sam1993
3rd Sep 2009, 21:41
Maybe if Easyjet had expanded from the airport earlier, they may have found it to be a very profitable and important base. But as a result Easyjet no longer serve the Midlands...

All the best for the future SexyladyEZY and congrats on the baby! :ok:

SexyladyEZY
3rd Sep 2009, 21:49
thankyou, mwah
well that is the problem, they never did anything here at ema, no new routes, when they launched palma they took rome of us, give is nice and take cologne of us, never ever no new routes, i agree we could have done so much more.

INKJET
3rd Sep 2009, 21:49
First off i am really sorry for all the Guys & Girls with EZY at EMA, you are a credit to the airline and i know the next few months will not be easy for you and your angst will increase when the t*ats at Ryanair (not crews!!) turn up tomorrow with Bye Bye Easy on their aircraft, i suspect even the Ryan crews will feel bad about it.

This is a loss for East Midlands and will prove to be a loss for Miss money Penny, had this happened before/followed by the (far from likley with each day that passes) flogging of baby they (EMA) would be left with Ryanair, i would not want to be in a director's meeting at MAG and 12 Ryanair aircraft on the ramp and contract renwel due next month..........

There is now an opportunity with MAG, baby, Jet2 to rid themselves of the cancer that is MOL (not the crews), the term fair weather friends springs to mind

SexyladyEZY
3rd Sep 2009, 21:55
thanks inkjet mwah

knowing twatair sorry ryanair they will be disgraceful by having an aircraft saying bye bye easyjet, would not suprise me at all.

they are the cancer of airlines i feel, they have ruined the special gift that was air travel.

i hope now BMI baby go 4 it big time, please please do it.

knock em dead

SAM-EMA
3rd Sep 2009, 22:07
Coincidentally, the FR aircraft which has 'BYE BYE EASYJET' titles on is currently based at EMA. The aircraft is EI-DLO, which operated my flight back from DUB last night (FR536). Is that really a coincidence?

SAM-EMA

apron
3rd Sep 2009, 23:11
Terrible news for all the crew involved... I assume that the crew still have jobs??? Guessing they will be re based or simply following the aircraft or demand?? Sincerely hope so, know some great folks at EMA.

Good luck

racedo
3rd Sep 2009, 23:14
Isn't it amazing (NOT) the lack of abuse Easyjet get for exiting a base and cancelling flights. Funny how when Ryanair did it at Manchester the abuse lasted a couple of weeks.

Easyjet doing what they believe is in their best long term interest, its no different from any other airline.

davidjohnson6
3rd Sep 2009, 23:32
racedo - people are fine with a route closing with 4 months notice, but less so when given just 4 weeks notice.

It's not just what a company does, but also how a company does it that matters

Zippy Monster
4th Sep 2009, 00:24
The official line from the company is that all the EMA staff are "at risk of redundancy".

The 90-day consultation period will hopefully help prevent that and find jobs elsewhere, should they wish to stay with the company.

orange1
4th Sep 2009, 00:48
The line from the company was the passengers in the EMA region will fly from either LTN or MAN.... What planet are they on??? I've had so many passengers say today 'can't belive you are leaving EMA we'll have to fly with the other lot now' So I said we do this route from MAN and LTN. 'I'm not going to go all that way I want to fly from EMA' Thats what folk are like in the midlands, still we don't see the bigger picture.

Shed-on-a-Pole
4th Sep 2009, 01:02
racedo -

EasyJet is receiving plenty of criticism/abuse on PPRuNe over the EMA decision. However, it is mainly to be found in the separate 'EasyJet@EMA' thread which is running in parallel with this one. No doubt the mods will get round to merging the two threads in due course.

toledoashley
4th Sep 2009, 11:17
There has been a lot of talk about the loss of aircraft at LTN. This winter EZY is expected to have 2 320's based for TLV/SSH/PFO. These will also operate to AMS (others TBA) in the morning as these leave around 11am.

What if EZY reduced the base by 3 aircraft, but replaaced some of the 73G's with 320's, so say that they have 5 320's. This would go some way to replace the seats lost by removing aircraft.

Maybe for summer 2010 with 320's:

2 daily to MAD
2 daily to AMS (down from 3)
1 daily to FAO (down from 2)
3 daily to BFS (down from 4)

SexyladyEZY
4th Sep 2009, 12:52
Hi

The whole thread of Easyjet@ emids has gone, Why ?????

BusBoy
4th Sep 2009, 12:56
Can't believe that EZY won't have a presence in the Midlands!
No one I know would travel to LTN or MAN from EMA area for a short haul flight.

Should have expanded 3 years ago instead the base stagnated. No imagination or drive from LTN, unlike the crews who battle to provide the SPH required.

More business for FR, Jet2 and Baby, nice own goal

Shed-on-a-Pole
4th Sep 2009, 13:04
SexyladyEZY -

The EasyJet@EMA thread has been merged with this main EasyJet thread. The postings can be viewed on here.

SexyladyEZY
4th Sep 2009, 15:29
Easyjets OWN fault, on all our stagnant routes which we have had for 7 years, our flights were all FULL.
They never gave us new ones like they do LGW, BRS, LPL etc....
There own fault and i hope BMIbaby take it forward now and prosper sooo much

Little Blue
4th Sep 2009, 15:38
When GO 1st came into EMA, they really pushed for the lions share of the market, then back came baby in OCT 2002 and it was a good fight for a while, especially on the scottish routes. EZY just trod water. Never thought I'd see Easy give up without a struggle.
Good news for all my old mates at baby. Hope they go on and show RYR how it should be done.
Good luck to all EZY staff at EMA.
P.S Is Ash Haywood still a skipper on 319's?

jpthomas72
4th Sep 2009, 18:33
I'm elaborated on this on the EMA thread, but what do people here think about Easyjet's website still happily selling you EMA flights to all current destinations (apart from Ibiza which I think is summer-only) until June 2010. This is very odd and will annoy a lot of people. They have to set a date when they want to leave EMA, or just rethink the whole story.

BHX5DME
4th Sep 2009, 18:43
10 Jan 2010 looks like the last day at EMA.

ayroplain
4th Sep 2009, 18:48
they (Ryanair) are the cancer of airlines i feel, they have ruined the special gift that was air travel.

Yeah, the expensive gift of 300 quid return from London to Dublin. Not too many were able to enjoy that.

apron
4th Sep 2009, 19:04
Little blue..he sure is. What a mess for so many families.

Little Blue
5th Sep 2009, 05:10
Cheers Johnny boy !! Give him my best and wish him all the luck in the world !
And you lot fill yer boots !

Facelookbovvered
5th Sep 2009, 08:40
Your spot on with that remark, sadly rather too many can at 0.99p

Nicholas49
10th Sep 2009, 09:00
Can anyone in the know at easyJet provide me with an e-mail address for someone in the UK who is responsible for customer services?

My situation: all I wanted to do was inform the airline that I would not be flying on a particular flight. I couldn't cancel online (long story), so I sent an e-mail to that effect using the online templates. Very straightforward, right? Oh no, three replies later: total confusion on the part of an (Indian?) call centre assistant who just kept sending me template e-mail replies that bear no relation to my enquiry. Quite infuriating, as I am only trying to help you guys!

So, if anyone in the UK is responsible for customer queries, please do let me have their e-mail address.

Many thanks,
Nick

davidjohnson6
10th Sep 2009, 19:38
Nicholas - have a trawl through some of the previous postings on here. Easyjet, along with many low-cost airlines sell mainly non-refundable tickets. Furthermore, while things like Govt tax and airports fees are technically refundable, some airlines impose an admin fee, such that the refund amount you actually get is either nil or so small as to not be worth having.

Easyjet don't really care - they already have your money. If you don't check in, staff will put you down as a "no-show". If you check in either in person or online, but don't turn up at the gate, you will be put you down as "late at gate". Counting boarding cards either issued or collected at the gate is not a particularly onerous task.

If you want to pay an extra fee to change your ticket to a different route or date, by all means do so, but it's most unlikely you will get any meaningful amount of the money back in your bank account.

If your aim in telling Easyjet you won't be flying is purely to be helpful, then, quite simply, you're wasting your time.

davidjohnson6
10th Sep 2009, 22:02
Is it me, or does the new booking website seem to be having some teething troubles ? It seems rather less reponsive and more prone to freezing compared to the old one

david1994
10th Sep 2009, 22:05
Is it me, or does the new booking website seem to be having some teething troubles ? It seems rather less reponsive and more prone to freezing compared to the old one

Yes im having problems with it too , its really ****** up this time.

Morton1234
11th Sep 2009, 05:48
I rather liked the old website. I booked a flight last week and thought the new site was a confusing mess.

Nicholas49
11th Sep 2009, 11:27
David,

Just to be clear: I am not seeking a refund for the flight I didn't taken. I am fully aware of the company policy regarding cancellations and have nothing against it. I was simply trying to make it known that I would not be travelling.

You're right, I probably shouldn't have bothered. It just occurred to me that having checked in online, how does the crew know I haven't turned up for the flight? At Marseille (where I travelled back from), there was no electronic scanning of my boarding card at any stage whatsoever.

RE: the new website, I think it enables you to compare and change destinations much more easily than the previous one. All new systems have teething problems.

Nick

cesare.caldi
11th Sep 2009, 15:16
When will go on sale spring 2010 flights from LTN, BSL, GVA and MXP?

constel
13th Sep 2009, 14:30
EZY guys should get a new uniform soon ?
Grey, silver stripes, a bit more fashion...
Apparently that was decided at the EZY "orange" head quarter without asking to the pilots what they want to wear 900 hours a year ?
BALPA & continental pilot unions (Spanish, Italian, French) are apparently not interested by this subject ?

Everybody happy then ?

brakedwell
13th Sep 2009, 14:43
Useful togs for moonlighting as a chauffeur! :):)

411A
13th Sep 2009, 14:59
Or, pehaps a hotel doorman.

nitpicker330
13th Sep 2009, 15:21
Just another subtle degradation of the Professional Pilot.

A way to make us look less important and therefore worth less dosh.

Basil
13th Sep 2009, 15:22
I always wanted a black leather jacket with removeable rank slides:ok:
Could be a problem if several dressed as above all walked into bar - you'd either get the protection money or a bat on the skull :}

Gary Lager
13th Sep 2009, 15:23
Who cares? If you work for McDonalds you don't get any input into the design of your baseball cap, and the Captain who relies on the quality of their uniform for to give themselves authority has bigger problems.

BTW, who's only wearing it for 900 hours a year? Will they take it off on the ground?

teamax
13th Sep 2009, 15:51
Lucky it wasn`t orange with grey stripes, at least it is free this time!

ericlday
13th Sep 2009, 16:01
Jackets are off when you are ' in the office ' so there is not much uniform to see anyway.

Kirks gusset
13th Sep 2009, 16:05
Virgin have had grey uniform with pretty silver and red stripes for a while, either that or its off-black, what's the problem, think of the positives.. the trousers don't go sheen , food doesn't show, why do you think school uniform is grey:) and this could be a cost saving as the cabin uniform could be easily modified with velcro stripes..

concordski
13th Sep 2009, 16:27
Air Berlin have a similar one which is also very nice.

The current black dripping in gold seems very militaristic and double-breasted suits do look a bit heavyweight?

Evidently there's a saving in it but very good of them to consider giving you a smart new corporate identity at all in these climes.

captplaystation
13th Sep 2009, 16:32
Basil, you should go to Ryanair then , a dark blue leather jacket is (or at least was ? ) on the approved list of uniform items to complement the myriad of other versions you will find scattered throughout the bases.
of course you have to buy it :hmm: and the price is somewhat inflated compared to it's original price ( supposedly from the same supplier as Armee de l' Air in France ? ) so no surprises there then ;)

thereceiver2004
13th Sep 2009, 16:44
I think there is far more to worry about at the moment than a company provided uniform !

Airbus Girl
13th Sep 2009, 16:45
Hey, at least you get to wear a pilots uniform. Over at TOM the female pilots get to wear female cabin crew uniform. Albeit with trousers. And stripes.

heebeegb
13th Sep 2009, 16:48
It's fine, it's free and so what's the fuss?

A4
13th Sep 2009, 17:03
Calm down everyone. We WERE consulted and the uniform was trialled for suitability of the material. An online poll for all pilots with the choice of three button, two button, single breast, double breast, gold or platinum :p stripes etc etc. So nothing has been imposed - the orange piped coat was, unsurprisingly, rejected :yuk:

This has been done as a cost saving exercise. We don't get "uniform allowance" anymore but the company now provide uniform - overall a saving for the company but in reality we are out of pocket.

I can't believe how people get so worked up.

A4

gkaloy10
13th Sep 2009, 20:25
The Greek press is heavily suggesting that Easyjet are going to start doing some internal routes in Greece.... Could there be any truth behind this?

MUFC_fan
13th Sep 2009, 20:30
They have/had the best man for it!

racedo
14th Sep 2009, 09:46
The Greek press is heavily suggesting that Easyjet are going to start doing some internal routes in Greece.... Could there be any truth behind this?

PSO routes or non PSO routes ?

BusBoy
14th Sep 2009, 14:00
if all we have to complain about are the uniforms then all is good!

Shingles
14th Sep 2009, 14:49
Nicholas49,

If you are still looking for a contact number at easyJet, you may find this (http://insidetraveller.co.uk/blog/?p=349) interesting.

Talk of a "no-refund" airline might be a little premature - at least for some!

davidjohnson6
15th Sep 2009, 00:03
Some will have seen in the press, stories about Easyjet continuing to sell tickets out of East Midlands to avoid being seen to prejudice the 90 day consultation period. While not an easy time for those based at EMA, could someone explain why it's really necessary to continue to sell tickets for June 2010 in the knowledge that many of the customers will quite likely just end up being told their flight will not go ahead after all and offered a refund ?

Annoys the passengers, probably doesn't add much credible reassurance to staff, and smacks of a rather weak human resources department. What happened to the swashbuckling Easyjet of the 1990s that went out there and did things, instead of being tied down with worries about the potential implications of legislation ?

MancRy
15th Sep 2009, 01:38
To be fair, there is a possibility that some EZY flights will still serve EMA.

James 1077
15th Sep 2009, 02:46
Some EZY flights may fly from EMA (just no base).

And you can't be seen to have already made a decision during the 90 day consultation period - it needs to be just that - a consultation period. At the end of the period you may decide to make people redundant but you can't do it beforehand!

cesare.caldi
21st Sep 2009, 18:44
For Easyjet website FAQ, flights from all base are on sale for spring 2010, but for LTN and MXP base is not true.

kick the tires
22nd Sep 2009, 06:56
davidjohnson6, what would your reaction be if easy stopped selling tickets before the 90 day consultation?

Would you throw your arms up and make disparaging comments about their prejudging the consultation.

Damned if they do etc etc, eh?

Balair
23rd Sep 2009, 10:59
Give Easyjet some credit; just look at the prices they are quoting for 2010 flights - they are certainly making sure that very few seats are sold, if any ...!
It is therefore also evident they have no intention of operating any further flights from the airport, even from other bases?

Seljuk22
23rd Sep 2009, 12:19
til 24th Oct BSL-CIA, from 26th Oct BSL-FCO

Just Browsing
24th Sep 2009, 08:17
Airbus Girl-

All male pilots at ezy will be wearing male cabin crew uniform with stripes. The only difference will be a plain black tie - but various striped ones were offered!

cesare.caldi
25th Sep 2009, 14:43
I've just received latest Easyjet newsletter that suggest to buy early and save your flight from MXP for spring 2010, but these flight are not on sale! :}

andyafc
2nd Oct 2009, 14:09
Any news on which routes will be cut from Luton after ezy announced cuts? And when will the spring timetable be available?

jpthomas72
4th Oct 2009, 18:34
Easyjet (http://www.pprune.org/airline/easyjet.html)

New:Dusseldorf, International (Rhein-Ruhr) (DUS) (http://www.pprune.org/airport/DUS.html) to Rome, Leonardo Da Vinci (Fiumicino) (FCO) (http://www.pprune.org/airport/FCO.html)
New:Dusseldorf, International (Rhein-Ruhr) (DUS) (http://www.pprune.org/airport/DUS.html) to London, Gatwick (LGW) (http://www.pprune.org/airport/LGW.html)

Not mentioned here yet, spotted this on theairdb, both daily flights from Feb 2010, already bookable. DUS doesn't really lack London options already, e.g. AB, BA and LH, plus FR from NRN and 4U from CGN. Obviously nice to see any expansion of EZY in Germany, but I doubt these are the greatest gaps in the market.

tigger2k8
6th Oct 2009, 21:58
UPDATE 1-EasyJet September traffic up 5.3 percent | Industries | Industrials, Materials & Utilities | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustryMaterialsUtilitiesNews/idUSL606361620091006)

easyJet traffic up from September last year

eagle21
22nd Oct 2009, 12:53
Quick question:

Why is not Easyjet expanding operation in Bilbao( BIO ), I was thinking about the following routes:

MAD-BIO ( They could really offer competitive fares agaisnt Iberia and Spanair)
MXP-BIO ( no other airline on the route)
LGW-BIO ( STN is not popular in BIO)
GVA-BIO ( no other airline on the route )

MUFC_fan
22nd Oct 2009, 13:03
MAD-BIO
Possibly a good route but the route is already piled with seats. However, U2 would offer much better fares than IB would be able to so maybe a 2-3 times daily?

MXP-BIO
Would there be enough demand?

LGW-BIO
Maybe better for connections but the route would not be flying it is wasn't making money for U2 so obviously STN is popular enough.

GVA-BIO
Again, enough demand?

Seljuk22
22nd Oct 2009, 13:15
I think it's hard to fill the seats to northern Spain. Vigo/La Coruna, Oviedo or Bilbao are good places but there is not enough demand I think.
LGW-BIO and MAD-BIO could work but the rest of Europe?

Bring on Zante, please! From UK this is a cash cow during summer!

eagle21
22nd Oct 2009, 13:50
MXP-BIO
Would there be enough demand?

I think there would be, Alitalia were flying 3 times a day with ERJ145 and ERJ170s, until Alitalia Express was closed.

Ryanair fly from Santander to Bergamo.

The Alitalia flights were full of business pax, they could also sell this as a winter sport route due to the proximity of the Alps to MXP, and Venice is not that far away too.

If EZY don't take the route I think Air Nostrum will , with a 2x daily on weekdays and 1x a day during the weekends.

Agree on the GVA-BIO ( maybe not such a great idea with a A319)

Still very surprised about MAD-BIO, they really could make money on this one. Only Spanair offer OW fares on the route at a mor expensive price,and Iberia are much more expensive and don't offer a lot of flexibility , plus T4 is too big for such a short flight.

Totally_Bananas
22nd Oct 2009, 15:42
STN-BIO is generally a full loads of pax. Can't be too bad :ok:

wind check
22nd Oct 2009, 16:15
I think Vueling/clickair fly the BIO/LGW route on behalf with Iberia.
BIO-MAD was operated by Vueling some time ago and they stopped it, so there is not enough demand.
Ryanair is about to expand in Santander, probably a new base there so.

matt_0445
22nd Oct 2009, 18:10
Vueling/clickair fly the BIO/LGW they don't anymore, they moved the flight to Heathrow in May

easyboy22
23rd Oct 2009, 17:36
easyJet Schedules for BFS, EDI, GLA & LTN now released for flights till September...

Seljuk22
24th Oct 2009, 07:03
The last days EZY flew from SXF to CDG and not to ORY. Normally there are 3 daily flights from SXF to ORY. Why did they fly to CDG?
Today and the next days EZY will fly trice daily ORY again.

MUFC_fan
24th Oct 2009, 07:28
I think it was something to do with strikes - don't know who but I am sure there were strikes at ORY and a number of U2 flights have been heading into CDG to minimise disruption over the past few days.

U2 are known for doing this - most notably at CWL when the BRS runway was far from safe. Saves cancelling flights as other airlines would most likely do.

parky747
24th Oct 2009, 13:48
Anyone got further info as what U2 are planning on increasing the MAN base if thats still remains the plan?

Binder
25th Oct 2009, 16:12
Seljuk22,

All the info was on easyjet.com.

Ground handlers industrial action at ORY.

It's that time of year; on both sides of the channel!

Binder

jpthomas72
26th Oct 2009, 11:59
This is from Seljuk at airliners.de:

Strecken-Gerüchteküche: Slotanträge, Flurfunk etc. - airliners.de - Forum (http://forum.airliners.de/index.php?s=&showtopic=39751&view=findpost&p=528664)

Try for yourself: Check MXP-FRA and MXP-MUC
on the schedule, clearly in there from Jan-Mar 2010.

http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/malpe...s&to=volare (http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/malpensa/index.phtml?mod=cercavs&to=volare)

Both twice daily. Interesting, would be the first EZY flight
from FRA ever. Or just the MXP IT-Crowd (;))
playing a little joke on us.
No sign of this yet at easyjet.com, or FRA's
website, they list only LH in Feb10.

ESCNI
26th Oct 2009, 16:35
easyJet Schedules for BFS, EDI, GLA & LTN now released for flights till September...
Presumably, this is still incomplete?

...BFS/LPL shown as slashed to only two flights per day (and one on Sundays).

:ooh:

AndyH52
26th Oct 2009, 17:17
Would appear that only the schedules for the BFS-based aircraft have been upoaded - the LPL schedules are still only loaded to the end of June 2010. I would expect that the route will continue at the spring levels (i.e. five a day mid week, six on a Mon and Fri, and four or five of a weekend).

Just checked the EZY website again and it says the remaining S10 schedules will be released on 2 November 2009.

easyJet A321
27th Oct 2009, 18:49
Hi, my first post but I do read the threads quite a lot.

Could someone please enlighten me with on situation with the A321's. From what I can understand the ones they currently have are for sale with BAE? So after these have gone, will they be getting replaced with new A321's in easy the spec or will the replacements for these be part of the 10 remaining A320's to be delivered. But then on jethros it says there is an order for 2 x A321 which are then to be sold on so I'm guessing these were ordered by GB? If they are sold on is Monarch a potential customer because where they short of one this year so leased an Astraeus 757?
Sorry if there are lots of questions I’m just trying to get my head around things

Also, any news on expansion from MAN?

Thanks

MUFC_fan
27th Oct 2009, 22:34
easyjet_A321 - welcome along.

I would make an educated guess that Monarch would be the A321 customers - they seem to be the only people buying them these days, although as they will be fresh off of the blocks they may get sent anywhere! But my interprtation is that is it a done deal.

MAN is up in the air at the moment. It is certain that there will be expansion at the airport but it may differ from their origional plans as other factors such as LTN and the recession have made changes to their plans. I would like to think that as they reduce frequency at LTN, they move some more up north to MAN. They origionally planned to have 5 aircraft at MAN by 2010 and double that at LPL down the road but I don't see that happening somehow, the latter that is.

As I say, all up in the air and now a days, its when the aircraft actually touches down at MAN that we can be sure the services start.

EI-BUD
28th Oct 2009, 19:42
Can anyone confirm whether Easyjet have ever served Bratislava? I thought at one point that they did from one or 2 points in the UK?

EI-BUD

Code 100
28th Oct 2009, 20:32
EI-BUD

Found this on Google:

Bratislava, October 1, 2006 (BratislavaGuide.com) - The UK-based low cost carrier EasyJet discontinued its flights from London to Slovakia's capital Bratislava on October 1, the airline confirmed to BratislavaGuide.com.
"We have now ceased operations to Bratislava," a press spokeswoman for EasyJet told BratislavaGuide.com in response to an email query. "Unfortunately it was not financially viable," she added.
The scheduled flights to Bratislava Milan Rastislav Stefanik Airport (http://www.bratislavahotels.com/bratislava-airport-guide) had started on December 8, 2004 from London, Luton and as a part of the low cost carrier's expansion into Eastern European destinations. The flights were very popular especially with the British stag crowd.

Seljuk22
29th Oct 2009, 07:55
There were flights between SXF and BTS

Other destinations that have been tried (and subsequently rejected) by easyJet since opening the base in 2004 include Bratislava, Krakow, Ljubljana, Maastricht/Aachen, Newcastle and Valencia. The Bratislava route, started in November 2004, was originally planned as double-daily but frequencies rapidly melted away and the route was chopped after just five months to be replaced by Maastricht/Aachen which had a near identical sector length. This route fared slightly better but was still axed in January 2007 after less than two years.

easyJet cuts routes, frequencies as Berlin competition intensifies | anna.aero (http://www.anna.aero/2008/10/24/easyjet-cuts-routes-frequencies-as-berlin-competition-intensifies/)

NUTS AND BOLTS
29th Oct 2009, 16:54
Hi all

I have got an interview in the next couple of weeks for a job at Easyjet's HQ in LTN.
Can anyone give me any hints/tips/guidance of what to expect so that I can prepare myself. They have said that it will be some tests followed by a competency based questions. Should be there no longer than 2hrs.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Nuts And Bolts
:)

Stick Flying
29th Oct 2009, 17:10
More of a clue on position applied for may help

kriskross
29th Oct 2009, 17:35
If your job is to work in the HQ and you pass all the competency questions then you probably won't be offered the job!! Because you'll be the only one!!

NUTS AND BOLTS
29th Oct 2009, 18:26
The position is for a admin level job. Don't want to go into too much detail though.

easyJet A321
30th Oct 2009, 22:47
Hi, thanks.

Another possible buyer for them could be Thomas Cook for their older 757's, I'm sure Monarch will be having one though, seen as they were short last year apparently.

There’s a few rumours on the Manchester Thread for possible routes and the arrival of the fourth aircraft but we'll just have to wait for an official announcement which i am looking forward to!

I wonder if Jet2 hadn’t have announced their new routes from Manchester to Sharm etc easyJet would have announced these as their new routes?
So does anyone know what is going to replace the A321's?

AndyH52
3rd Nov 2009, 11:10
Release of the remaining S10 schedules has been pushed back from 2 November to 4th November 2009

MUFC_fan
3rd Nov 2009, 22:41
Ryanair ‘will soon be Britain’s number 1 airline’ : Stansted Airport News Stories (http://uk-airport-news.info/stansted-airport-news-031109.html)

I thought U2 was Britain's biggest airline both in terms of overall passenger numbers but also to and from the UK?

Obviously not!

davidjohnson6
4th Nov 2009, 00:17
The story from the Times seems to be based on a claim made by MOL. It is not unknown for MOL to make claims that have subsequently needed further 'clarification' !

racedo
4th Nov 2009, 08:24
I thought U2 was Britain's biggest airline both in terms of overall passenger numbers but also to and from the UK?

Depends on how you define Britain's as in UK registered, UK Owned, Operating in UK with lots of flights, UK AOC etc

brian_dromey
4th Nov 2009, 08:40
FR does have a UK AOC, after the buzz acquisition. I dont think there are any aircraft currently flying under that AOC, so not sure how the status of that AOC is. Can an AOC be "dormant"?

Brian.

MUFC_fan
4th Nov 2009, 12:32
Depends on how you define Britain's as in UK registered, UK Owned, Operating in UK with lots of flights, UK AOC etc

I know they are the largest in passengers carried by a UK registered airline (factor I am questioning as per link) but also in the number of passengers carried in and out and around the UK.

By that I could mean any airline. e.g.) KLM will carry more passengers than Manx2, Lufthansa more than Eastern etc.

I am not bothered from which country the airlines come from.

apaul
5th Nov 2009, 07:48
I see Easyjet has pushed up its hold baggage and card charges yet again to £9 per bag and £8/£3.50 per transaction. These may be modest sums compared to rapacious Ryanair, but it is still a devious way of making profits.

Flightrider
5th Nov 2009, 08:24
FR does have a UK AOC, after the buzz acquisition

That AOC was relinquished and no longer exists. Ryanair has only one AOC - the Irish one - on which all of its operations are conducted.

tigger2k8
5th Nov 2009, 09:43
I see Easyjet has pushed up its hold baggage and card charges yet again to £9 per bag and £8/£3.50 per transaction. These may be modest sums compared to rapacious Ryanair, but it is still a devious way of making profits.thats what happens when more and more people start taking hand luggage... all Ground Handlers have been told to be very strict on bags at the gate... so if your in doubt about your case size, have £18 on standby

could be worse i guess, bmibaby charge £32 (i think?) for any bags removed from PAX at the gate

Seljuk22
5th Nov 2009, 12:47
Summer schedule released (except MAD, MAN, MXP, GVA, CDG and ORY - release date 12 Nov)

October:
passengers: 4,219,096 +6.6%
load factor: 86.8 +3.0pp

conti onepass
5th Nov 2009, 16:43
does that mean manchesters in for an increase in flights if they are releasing summer 10 l8t than anywhere else.

MUFC_fan
5th Nov 2009, 16:45
Sometimes.

Also, the other airports mentioned seem likely to get new aircraft next summer.

However, I wouldn't get carried away but my guess it yes, more routes and planes for MAN.

dwlpl
5th Nov 2009, 16:53
Its looking as if EZY will have a net gain of just 6 aircraft when comparing now and this time next year.

MUFC_fan
5th Nov 2009, 16:54
Are they getting rid of all their 737s?

I would guess 1 already gone to LPL, two to MAN and the rest in Europe.

tigger2k8
5th Nov 2009, 17:11
Are they getting rid of all their 737s?

thats their plan as they want an all airbus fleet, more capacity (only an extra 7 seats on the A319 but i guess it all adds up), better fuel efficiency... only downside to the airbus is when it goes tech it generally means a longer delay compared to the 737's

Skipness One Echo
5th Nov 2009, 17:17
Is BFS and LTN the last of the B73G bases? When are they expected to transition to the MiniBus?

Wee Weasley Welshman
5th Nov 2009, 17:38
Some Boeings are staying is the current plan with some LTN based pilots worried they may have to convert BACK to Boeing. The plan changes all the time.

ben_keghead
5th Nov 2009, 21:12
NCL has some few remaining Boeings

ReallyAnnoyed
6th Nov 2009, 00:59
If the leases offered are favourable enough, the tractors will stay. However, it would be easier to have just one family type in the company. The bean counters will decide as usual.

Captain_Caveman
6th Nov 2009, 02:35
NCL has some few remaining Boeings

Nope, All Boeings have left NCL.

Taking today as an example, 5 are BFS based, 8 are LTN based, 2 are in SEN and 1 in NWI for Maintenance.

16 left and counting..... :ooh:

racedo
6th Nov 2009, 22:19
easyJet voted Best No Frills Airline and Best Economy Class at British Travel "Oscars" (http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2009/06-11-09.aspx)

Congrats to U2 but what intrigues me in press release was this

"easyJet is Europe's leading low-fares airline, currently operating 182 aircraft on 445 routes,"

Jethro's suggests 168 aircraft where as U2 PR Dept claiming 182........which is right ?

MUFC_fan
6th Nov 2009, 22:55
"easyJet is Europe's leading low-fares airline, currently operating 182 aircraft on 445 routes,"

Jethro's suggests 168 aircraft where as U2 PR Dept claiming 182........which is right ?

I know PR are supposed to glorify the company, but, unlike some companies (you know who!), they don't bullsh*t.

And on the 'leading low-fares' airline part comes from the profit the company make compared to any other EU LCC. I believe they still out whit FR?:confused:

davidjohnson6
6th Nov 2009, 23:06
Winning awards usually means a dinner in a hotel somewhere while wearing black tie.

If a CEO wants to win awards, they can run their business in a way that is award friendly (e.g. improve front-of-house customer service in the short term at the expense of other aspects of the company like long term investment). Alternatively where the winners are chosen by industry insiders rather than the public at large, just wine, dine and generally entertain the judges on a regular basis ! In essence, industry awards can often be "purchased".

A cupboard full of trinkets does not necessarily mean that a business is being run well overall. I'm not saying that EZY is not deserving of awards, but a good CEO should know what they are doing with their business and treat awards as nothing more than the odd nice letter in the post. Cynical rant over !

MUFC_fan
6th Nov 2009, 23:11
Exactly - BA win these awards all the time!:eek:;)

U2 is doing well - I wouldn't say they are being poorly run behind doors. I don't know that for a fact, but not only is front of house looking good but remember, as in the theatre:

Its backstage that make the show happen! And if that isn't working then the front of house won't be for too long either...

racedo
6th Nov 2009, 23:36
Guys not questioning the award I am questioning whether U2 have 168 or 182 Aircraft as not known Jethros to be that far out.

MUFC_fan
6th Nov 2009, 23:40
easyJet UK have 170 aircraft as of today
easyJet Switzerland have 12 aircraft as of today

Therefore, yes, they have 182 aircraft.

easyJet A321
7th Nov 2009, 13:06
Why can I still book flights for June 2010 from EMA? Are they no longer closing this base or something?

I'm guessing they are going to announce hopefully lots of new routes from MAN seen as they pushed the release date back a few days again.

ben_keghead
7th Nov 2009, 15:08
Because there has been no formal announcement regarding the closure of East Midlands as a base, they are currently still in the official "90 day consulation period" which they must legally abide by. So until that period is over, they can continue to sell flights as the base MAY not close...

easyJet A321
7th Nov 2009, 17:46
Oh okay thanks I hope they keep it open! Would be good like Manchester if they got there before Jet2 with them longer routes from both airports.

Anyone know yet what's replacing the A321's? I'm pretty sure now there's only one in service at LGW.

Zippy Monster
7th Nov 2009, 17:56
G-TTID, -E and -F are all still in service.

As to replacements, almost certainly more easyJet specification A320s.

easyJet A321
7th Nov 2009, 18:26
Maybe I should have phrased that differently, I meant on a day from what I have seen there has only been the need for one A321. Probably wrong.

flyzen
10th Nov 2009, 15:40
A Easyjet press conference will take place to morrow (11th of Nov) at 11h00 in Basel for the 2010 flights programm

GLENO
10th Nov 2009, 21:29
Does anybody know when the summer 2010 schedule for Manchester will be released?

Thanks...

MUFC_fan
10th Nov 2009, 21:32
When they have prepared where they plan to fly their 2 new jets to!:ok:

It should be some time this week...

Zippy Monster
10th Nov 2009, 21:39
Flyzen, about the press conference, where did you hear this?

mathers_wales_uk
11th Nov 2009, 01:45
I would like to thank those crews that diverted into CWL on the 9th of November due to problems at CWL.

All that i spoke to were very pleasant and fully understood that were were doing the best we could for them during difficult circumstances.

Especially the ones that i personally dealt with which was the EDI and AMS/SXF.

Looking forward to dealing with you again the next time you come this side of the river severn.

Mathers

flyzen
11th Nov 2009, 05:51
Zippy monster,
Info came from a Basel french forum, reliable source.
But conference will be a easyjet Switzerland management, not an easyjet UK one
A 5th based machine seems to be in the wind

Seljuk22
11th Nov 2009, 09:11
I've read some days ago EZY Switzerland got slots for ORY-VCE. Maybe BSL-VCE-ORY-VCE-BSL or something like that is coming?

COHOR - Airport Coordination, France (http://www.cohor.org/cohor_site/all_nws2.asp?NewIdx=116&lng=en)

Due to the bankruptcy of a carrier and the withdrawal of the operating licence of another one, COHOR constituted a pool of 6672 slots at Paris-Orly airport...easyJet Switzerland (2 daily flights to Venice)...

Charlie Roy
11th Nov 2009, 10:20
5th aircraft for Basel from June 25th 2010, new routes to be announced soon.

Article in German:
20 Minuten Online - EasyJet schlägt zurück - und baut in Basel aus - News (http://www.20min.ch/news/basel/story/EasyJet-schlaegt-zurueck---und-baut-in-Basel-aus-12786982)

Zippy Monster
11th Nov 2009, 11:02
Great stuff.

Particularly like this bit (run through Google Translate):

"Ryanair is exaggerating its importance for the Euro Airport," said Airport Director Jürg Rämi yesterday in an interview with 20 minutes online. EasyJet was much more important, he said - probably in the knowledge of today's announcement.

Seljuk22
11th Nov 2009, 13:05
GVA: 9th a/c arriving 15th December (first A320 for EZY Switzerland)

Easyjet reagiert prompt auf Rckzug von Ryanair (Wirtschaft, Aktuell, NZZ Online) (http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/wirtschaft/aktuell/easyjet_reagiert_auf_rueckzug_von_ryanair_1.4002513.html)

apaul
17th Nov 2009, 07:18
Easyjet's full-year profits down 65% because it hedged its fuel at a high price. Its commentary:

Total revenue per seat up 10.9% (4.1% at constant currency), driven by the strength of the easyJet network, competitor capacity reduction of around 6%, strong ancillary revenue performance and a 2.6% sector length increase
Passenger numbers up 3.4% to 45.2 million and load factor improved by 1.4ppt to 85.5%
Underlying profit before tax1 of £43.7 million delivered in line with expectation. The £79.4 million reduction in underlying pre-tax profit compared to the prior year is driven by a unit fuel cost increase equivalent to £86.1 million and interest income lower by £30.5 million
Operating costs2 per seat (excluding fuel and currency movement) increased by 3.9% for the full year. Total underlying cost per seat1 (excluding fuel and currency movement) up 6.2% partly driven by increased sector length, planned lower aircraft utilisation during the winter and a £30.5 million reduction in interest income
Significant progress on cost reduction initiatives: 19 expensive aircraft exited from the fleet; systems implemented; renegotiation of our maintenance arrangements with SRT to deliver savings of around £175 million over the 11 year life of the contract
easyJet’s position in European short-haul aviation has strengthened with market share gains in a number of valuable markets such as Paris, London Gatwick, Milan and Madrid and over a 10% increase in slots at capacity constrained airports
Sufficient resources in place through a combination of undrawn committed facilities and surplus cash to fund future aircraft deliveries for at least the next 18 months
Forward bookings broadly in line with prior year

befree
17th Nov 2009, 07:50
seems a solid set of results. importantly the fares holding up a lot better than Ryanair.

Norman Stanley Fletcher
17th Nov 2009, 08:18
Good news at easyJet given the circumstances:

Full Year Results for the year to 30 September 2009
RESILIENT PERFORMANCE; INCREASED YIELDS, PROFITS IMPACTED BY HIGHER FUEL COSTS

Results at a glance

2009 2008 Change
Total revenue (£ million) 2,667 2,363 12.9%
Profit before tax – underlying (£ million) 1 43.7 123.1 (64.5)%
Profit before tax – reported (£ million) 54.7 110.2 (50.4)%
Pre tax margin – underlying (%) 1 1.6% 5.2% (3.6)ppt
Return on equity (%) 5.5% 6.8% (1.3)ppt
Basic EPS - reported (pence) 16.9 19.8 (14.6)%

Total revenue per seat up 10.9% (4.1% at constant currency), driven by the strength of the easyJet network, competitor capacity reduction of around 6%, strong ancillary revenue performance and a 2.6% sector length increase
Passenger numbers up 3.4% to 45.2 million and load factor improved by 1.4ppt to 85.5%
Underlying profit before tax1 of £43.7 million delivered in line with expectation. The £79.4 million reduction in underlying pre-tax profit compared to the prior year is driven by a unit fuel cost increase equivalent to £86.1 million and interest income lower by £30.5 million
Operating costs2 per seat (excluding fuel and currency movement) increased by 3.9% for the full year. Total underlying cost per seat1 (excluding fuel and currency movement) up 6.2% partly driven by increased sector length, planned lower aircraft utilisation during the winter and a £30.5 million reduction in interest income
Significant progress on cost reduction initiatives: 19 expensive aircraft exited from the fleet; systems implemented; renegotiation of our maintenance arrangements with SRT to deliver savings of around £175 million over the 11 year life of the contract
easyJet’s position in European short-haul aviation has strengthened with market share gains in a number of valuable markets such as Paris, London Gatwick, Milan and Madrid and over a 10% increase in slots at capacity constrained airports
Sufficient resources in place through a combination of undrawn committed facilities and surplus cash to fund future aircraft deliveries for at least the next 18 months
Forward bookings broadly in line with prior year
Note 1: Underlying financial performance excludes an £11.0 million profit on the disposal of three aircraft in 2009 and £12.9 million of costs associated with the integration of GB Airways in 2008.

Note 2: Excludes interest income.

Commenting on the results, Andy Harrison, easyJet Chief Executive said:

“This is an extremely resilient performance making easyJet the best performing European airline based on our robust yields. We are one of the very few European airlines to make a profit during the last 12 recessionary months. This is a tribute to the strength of our business model and the quality of our people and our network. We offer the best prices to the most convenient airports.

We see a tough winter ahead. We are focussing our efforts on further cost savings and efficiency improvements together with optimising route profitability and aircraft allocation. We shall also benefit as our fuel hedges adjust to market prices. Putting all this together, at current fuel prices and exchange rates, we expect easyJet to make substantial profit improvement in 2010.”

Note 3: US$1.67/£, €1.12/£ and US$657 per metric tonne at 13 November 2009

racedo
17th Nov 2009, 09:01
seems a solid set of results. importantly the fares holding up a lot better than Ryanair.

Profits are ok as they screwed up the hedging strategy badly.

Passenger numbers are poor as the carried 38.4 million before buying GB airways, GB carried 6 plus million so at Jan 08 total combined was 44.5 Million now its 45.2 Million or a 1.5% growth since Jan 08. Over same time frame FR have gone from 49.6 Million to 62.3 Million seats sold.

Easyjet making less than £1 per passenger over full year, FR making over £9 per passenger based on half years results.

Agaricus bisporus
17th Nov 2009, 09:13
reported (£ million) 54.7 110.2 (50.4)%

Perhaps this could be translated into English for those who don't speak corporate finance jargon? How much profit? 55 or 110??? It can't be both. - and what's the percentage for/of?

In trim
17th Nov 2009, 09:17
As detailed in the report above, that's 2009 figures, then previous year (2008) figures, then the change in percent (bracketed figures = negative)

i.e. 54.7 million is this year
110.2 million is last year
(50.4%) is a 50.4% drop in profit.

Good results in the current climate!

AndyH52
17th Nov 2009, 11:15
Announced at the Dubai Airshow today that EZY has signed a deal with SR Technic that will see it's Airbus fleet being maintained at a new facility in Malta frm Q3 2010...

beauport potato man
17th Nov 2009, 11:28
That'll fit in nicely tax wise with the new company easyJet Malta.... which appeared a few months ago in the certificates in the aircraft library.

Paolo
17th Nov 2009, 12:34
Hi BPM

Thanks for a nice day out on friday...hope you are enjoying your days off

Paolo

befree
17th Nov 2009, 12:51
Easyjet making less than £1 per passenger over full year, FR making over £9 per passenger based on half years results.

EZJ mess up its fuel hedge just like FR did one year before. You also need to look at the same half year when looking at the two airlines. That means looking at the second half numbers of EZJ that cover the same period as the first half of FRs accounting year. Easyjet made £5.90 per pax in its H2 even with a very high fuel price due to poor hedging. These effect will work out the system and the next 6 months should see both airlines make very little per pax over the winter. Next summer will see FR running with less income per PAX and EZJ running with more. If you were a shareholder you would like to own an airline that can increase fares and grow slowly to one that has to discount to the point were it is not profitable. EZJ is one of the few profitable airlines at the moment and it is the only one that is investable in.

racedo
17th Nov 2009, 13:56
EZJ mess up its fuel hedge just like FR did one year before. You also need to look at the same half year when looking at the two airlines. That means looking at the second half numbers of EZJ that cover the same period as the first half of FRs accounting year. Easyjet made £5.90 per pax in its H2 even with a very high fuel price due to poor hedging. These effect will work out the system and the next 6 months should see both airlines make very little per pax over the winter. Next summer will see FR running with less income per PAX and EZJ running with more. If you were a shareholder you would like to own an airline that can increase fares and grow slowly to one that has to discount to the point were it is not profitable. EZJ is one of the few profitable airlines at the moment and it is the only one that is investable in.

So growing slowly is what 1.5% over 20 months :rolleyes:

Yup invest where largest shareholder decides what he want to do and tell the board and kicks out those who don't agree with him.

You have failed to show why FR will be running with less Pax income but sadly this is the norm in attempts at analysis, on each occasion FR is always going bust and everyone else is succeeding.:rolleyes:

befree
17th Nov 2009, 15:15
Ryanair have said they are going to see a fall in the yeild per pax in the next year. They are going for growth in pax numbers and as a result they need to drop fares. They have only kept total income the same by rougthly carrying 15% more pax at 15% lower fares.

FR are not going to go bust in the short or medium term, they are going to have less income than expenditure i.e. make a loss, in my view. They do have vast assets which will shrink over time as they get trashed. Ryanair will always have a large part of the bottom sector of the market. Easyjet will have a good part of the next sector of the market where fares are higher and less obsure airports are used. Even small amounts of airport departure tax can shrink the bottom of the market. FR have to sell seats below the cost of the tax to get the pax numbers.

my analysis is good enougth to make real money and predict quite a lot of what has happened. The founder of Easyjet was very smart in getting EZJ to slow growth and keep fares up.

racedo
17th Nov 2009, 15:31
FR dropped fare per passenger but as 20% of their revenues come from ancillary revenues (and increasing) other than tickets and bags and that is increasing I struggle to see how you can claims its going down.

Add to the elimination of check in desks, baggage handling and think you will find that profits are heading upwards.

Founder of EZJ sold company onto to market yet decides to come back in and meddle with duly appointed management when ever he wishes as his other businesses haven't worked..........not a professional way to run a company.

AircraftOperations
17th Nov 2009, 21:59
Haven't noticed a post on this topic about it, but does anyone know if EZY stopping airport check-in over the next few months is airport specific, country specific or airline specific?

I was told by a handler that they'll be rolling this out at at least 1 UK airport in the next few months.