Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

sam dilly
8th Jun 2010, 10:56
TITAN 757 joins next week as well, and in EZY colours

PAPI-74
8th Jun 2010, 16:33
Web site:

Current Vacancies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in joining easyJet.

Our requirements for 2010 have been met and all recruitment activities are complete.

I gather from this if they are short of crews, they cannot type enough in time for summer.

BasilFawlty
8th Jun 2010, 23:09
MAN-AMS is already in the system, however, it's not on sale (yet?):

EZY1835 MAN-AMS 17.55-20.20 12345_7
EZY1834 AMS-MAN 17.00-17.25 12345_7
EZY1831 MAN-AMS 10.55-13.20 _____6_
EZY1832 AMS-MAN 10.00-10.25 _____6_

The flights are planned to be operated with a BFS based aircraft.
Grtz,

toledoashley
9th Jun 2010, 06:24
Something odd going on with the route map - line going from Gatwick to nowhere, any ideas?

wanna_be_there
9th Jun 2010, 07:37
EZY1835 MAN-AMS 17.55-20.20 12345_7
EZY1834 AMS-MAN 17.00-17.25 12345_7
EZY1831 MAN-AMS 10.55-13.20 _____6_
EZY1832 AMS-MAN 10.00-10.25 _____6

Thanks for this Basil. Dont suppose theres anything else loaded into the system is there. You say this is a BFS aircraft, there seems to be spare capacity in the MAN based units so I presume EZY have something planned for them if they still need another W pattern

ben_keghead
9th Jun 2010, 09:13
Great news assuming its true.

And regarding the map, it looks fine to me

neil_2008
9th Jun 2010, 12:38
Does anyone know if the suspension of the NCL-STN route on 31/10 will be a seasonal thing or is is a full scale withdrawal of the service?

Flyer70
9th Jun 2010, 14:58
I am sorry to see that the NCL-STN route is being dropped. I have used this route since the days Gill operated it. I last used it from NCL on Sunday 30th May when the aircraft was full, and returned on Sunday 6th June, when the load was 110 passengers. So there is a demand on this route. Over the years I have flown loads have always been good.

northumberlandairway
9th Jun 2010, 15:50
EasyJet's dropping of NCL-STN is just more proof (if any were needed)that they have totally abandoned the NCL base. In a year's time I imagine there'll be a press release saying the base will close as yields have fallen, despite just a couple of years ago sayingit was one of their best performing bases. Hardly any wonder as they have dropped loads of routes.

But this is foolish. Newcastle is not actually near anywhere. If I wanted to fly cheaply then I would have to drag myself to EDI or LDS and of course petrol or trains aren't cheap.

There was a time that the dropping of the route would have upset me, but as Easy have lost interest in NCL I have lost interest in them (I'm sure they'll get over it :rolleyes:).

Bearing in mind the additional costs of going to other regional centres such as those I mentioned above, it is just as cheap to go with KLM or BA - they don't charge a fortune for a cup of tea, there's no unseemly scramble for seats and I don't have to worry about baggage fees.

Cheerio EasyJet - nice knowing you.

beauport potato man
9th Jun 2010, 16:20
With EZY potentially freezing fleet size at current numbers (if Stelios gets his way) then I imagine it'll be bases like NCL that they'll close to 'fund' the new base due to be announced soon (LIS/CPH or BCN)

EKCH2730
9th Jun 2010, 17:16
With EZY potentially freezing fleet size at current numbers (if Stelios gets his way) then I imagine it'll be bases like NCL that they'll close to 'fund' the new base due to be announced soon (LIS/CPH or BCN)

Is this the "official" rumour inside EZY - that LIS, CPH or BCN will be announced as new base in the near future?

Haven't heard anything specific regarding a base at CPH, but EZY have in the last year been expanding their operations from CPH and from what I hear they are quite satisfied with their operations and development here. With the CPH SWIFT LCC terminal to open in October (and Ryanair rumoured to start a base at that time) it might be the right time for EZY to go for a dedicated base at CPH.

BAladdy
9th Jun 2010, 18:29
TITAN 757 joins next week as well, and in EZY coloursI think you are getting confused with the Astraeus 757 (G-OJIB). That is being painted in EZY colours and will start ops from LGW I think its the 14th June.

Titan are leasing their 767 (G-POWD) to EZY from early July. When it comes to a Titan a/c in Easyjet colours. I think the closest you will get to that is a easyjet sticker.

I dont think Titan have ever painted one of their aircraft into another airlines colours during a lease.

Web site:

Current Vacancies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in joining easyJet.

Our requirements for 2010 have been met and all recruitment activities are complete.

I gather from this if they are short of crews, they cannot type enough in time for summer. A friend of mine went for a crew interview with EZY at LGW back in April.

He has been told he has got the job but no training courses until October.

beauport potato man
9th Jun 2010, 19:19
EKCH2730

Well, there are plenty of rumours inside EZY but that one is a consistent one.

Here's a portuguese news article that seems to know a thing or two. I'd quite like a CPH base.... very efficient airfield, nasty storms there two mornings ago tho!!

Lisbon shortlisted for easyJet base (http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=1062-7)

MancRy
9th Jun 2010, 22:24
We were struck by lightning on appraoch to CPH the other week.

eye2eye5
11th Jun 2010, 11:58
I can't find a link on the easyJet website to provide some feedback to them, so felt this site to be appropriate.

My wife and I were booked on the EZY7207 from LPL to BCN on 6th June. The flight was subject to a 2 hour delay due to the aircraft suffering a tech. delay in BFS, with a result that the flight crew had gone out of hours. A replacement captain was required to drive from Newcastle to Liverpool to take the aircraft to BCN.

After all passengers were boarded at LPL, the captain entered the cabin and provided a full and detailed explanation for the delay and provided his apologies. In the light of a lack of clear information regarding the delay prior to this, the fact that he had taken the time to stand up in front of the passengers was extremely well appreciated by all.

It may be a small gesture, but an apology and explanation face - to - face means an awful lot and I know that both my wife and I were extremely impressed by his professionalism which reflects very well on the airline. My wife commented that she would be more than happy to fly anywhere with the captain as she had great faith in him afterwards.

What makes this more noticeable is that I can't remember a similar episode on any other delayed flight i have taken over the years. A great example of customer service and how to get it right.

dwlpl
11th Jun 2010, 12:05
Try this Community-powered support for easyJet (http://www.getsatisfaction.com/easyjet) if you dont like that method and need something more private please come back to here.

shamrock7seal
11th Jun 2010, 13:28
Please Easyjet, We Need A Base From You

We Are Sick Of Ryanair Down Here!

dwlpl
11th Jun 2010, 13:38
The Air Finland 757 (OH-AFJ) in full easyJet colours is due into Liverpool later today.

northumberlandairway
11th Jun 2010, 13:42
I fear BOH will have to wait for an Easy base. Newcastle is all but being abandoned despite there being no opposition from Ryanair at all.

Word on this thread is that the Danish or Portuguese capitals are about to get a base. How true that is remains to be seen.

The regions of Britain can go fish - despite the bases in the provinces and regions doing well. Easyjet falls into the trap that only flights from capitals are economically feasible. How sad - how shortsighted!

sam1993
11th Jun 2010, 13:47
OH-AFJ now in Easyjet colours: JetPhotos.Net Photo » OH-AFJ (CN: 26269) easyJet Boeing 757-28A by Nik French (http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6865431&nseq=0)

Skipness One Echo
11th Jun 2010, 14:59
despite the bases in the provinces and regions doing well. Easyjet falls into the trap that only flights from capitals are economically feasible. How sad - how shortsighted!

What are you basing this on? If the same aircraft can make money abroad then it's the best oplace for it surely. pprune is full of posts saying how great things are just before the base gets shut. There's a whole load more competition in the UK, it can get to the stage where it's just not worth the candle anymore.

conti onepass
11th Jun 2010, 15:36
rhodes to liverpool. sat 19th june... what aircraft does this.. says 757.

easyJet A321
11th Jun 2010, 16:02
Heres another view Photos: Boeing 757-28A Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/EasyJet-Airline/Boeing-757-28A/1721791/L/&sid=b873b6f9a9b13020de764a8ce95e0551) anyone know what the interior is like?

dwlpl
11th Jun 2010, 16:03
Whats says 757?

conti onepass
11th Jun 2010, 16:13
flight stats says it a 757. if not what is it

dontdoit
11th Jun 2010, 17:03
Any truth in the rumour that a project team has been set up to look at re-branding the whole operation to the new name of "flyorange" - I've now heard this from 3, unconnected, and normally very reliable sources...

aeulad
11th Jun 2010, 17:18
Awful awful rebrand name. This is perfect opportunity to upgrade the public image of the company. Flyorange holds no class whatsoever!

Regards

Mike

dwlpl
11th Jun 2010, 17:21
flight stats says it a 757. if not what is it

Says so on OAG too.

Up until now its been the A320 and the A320 is stiil here today.

The A320 is down to fly the first PMI service tomorrow.

toledoashley
11th Jun 2010, 17:44
flyorange, thats truly rubbish. Something like flybus, jetbus etc would be more apt. Im sure Stelios would take the Orange from them as well, so I just dont understand that. Im sure orange (mobiles) would have a thing or two to say about that as well.

Zippy Monster
11th Jun 2010, 17:54
LPL-AGP (early morning) and LPL-RHO 19/6/2010 are both operated by OH-AFJ.

dontdoit - where is this rumour coming from exactly?

davidjohnson6
11th Jun 2010, 18:02
I have no information on whether EasyJet will rebrand or not, but it is not unheard of for companies to talk about a rebrand with an unconventional name, but actually do something radically different

A well known example of this is when PriceWaterhouseCoopers (aka PwC) announced the rebranding of its consulting arm to 'Monday'. Seven months later, PwC sold its consulting arm to IBM
BBC NEWS | Business | Monday name change for PwC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2035803.stm)

If flyorange is to be the name, then a Mr John R Van der Ree living in Hilversum in the Netherlands who registered the flyorange.com domain on 20 July 2006 is likely to make quite a bit of money soon.

dwlpl
11th Jun 2010, 18:41
LPL-AGP (early morning) and LPL-RHO 19/6/2010 are both operated by OH-AFJ

Thats correct.

racedo
11th Jun 2010, 19:00
dontdoit - where is this rumour coming from exactly?

To be fair this was being mooted in Sunday Times in May as a way of distancing the company from Stelios who is demanding royalties for them using the "Easy" name.

ben_keghead
11th Jun 2010, 19:09
Apologies for quality but here is the 1st departure
http://i49.tinypic.com/crtd5.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2wdr72b.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2jfzsq1.jpg

The Flying Cokeman
11th Jun 2010, 19:11
From within the company we have been told by the management that the company and Stelios are not interested in getting a new name for EZY. We can expect a settlement between EZY and Stelios ie. he get's a bunch of pounds every year and we are all happy.

dontdoit
11th Jun 2010, 19:13
Thanks to xxx-xxxxxxxx who has just pm'd me to point me at this article:

Easyjet founder takes airline to court in row over branding rights - Home News, UK - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/easyjet-founder-takes-airline-to-court-in-row-over-branding-rights-1995036.html)

EuroWings
11th Jun 2010, 22:03
I must say I think the 757 looks much better than I expected it to do in EZY colours!

A bit of variety for LPL this summer! I do wonder whether the passengers will notice any difference in on board service though.

Is it a wet lease, where the crew will be from Air Finland/Astraeus, presumably in different uniforms and perhaps with crew that will not be so familiar with the motions of EZY procedures? If this is the case I am sure they have been briefed!

Captain_Caveman
12th Jun 2010, 03:09
EuroWings - The 757 will be at LPL until 30th June and then then fly from LGW until end of August. The crew are fully briefed on EZY procedures and will fly in an almost identical uniform to EZY :ok:

MancRy
12th Jun 2010, 14:21
Actual SOP's/SEP's will likely be those of the actual airline. i.e Air Finland. Onboard service will follow the EZY procedure.

dwlpl
12th Jun 2010, 16:01
I also have been told that one of our cabin crew willl be on the aircraft as a pax both ways to help the crew and answer any questions they have

On the face of it as according to most that the reason the aircraft (and its crew) is leased its to cover crew shortages.

easyboy22
12th Jun 2010, 16:44
Think it's flight deck shortage not cabin crew..

easyJet A321
12th Jun 2010, 20:45
I know people are seeing it on here as a flight deck or CC shortage but from how I see it it seems to be an aircraft shortage. The A320 is still here which the B752 was thought to be replacing with both operating the longer capacity routes that the A319 couldn't operate well some days anyways.

Lets take Monday for example:
A320 - 07:00 Bodrum 17:25 Alicante
B752 - 06:05 Alicante 13:50 Fuerteventura

Furthermore the arrival of the B752 was at the same time as to when the newer longer routes began operating. So what actually is the proper reason for the B752 at LPL?

Jet A1
12th Jun 2010, 21:49
A319 will be doing LPL-FUE on certain days ! Hope the winds are favourable or the pax will have something to add to their postcard when they tech-stop in Portugal somewhere !

EuroWings
12th Jun 2010, 22:52
A319 will be doing LPL-FUE on certain days ! Hope the winds are favourable or the pax will have something to add to their postcard when they tech-stop in Portugal somewhere !

:}
I am doing this route in August. I'm hoping for the 757 to be honest. :cool:
They are up against FR on this route who (obviously) deploy 738s and they will always make it non stop under normal circumstances....

james170969
13th Jun 2010, 08:46
How many passengers does this 757 carry compared to Ryanair's 738s?

dwlpl
13th Jun 2010, 09:00
I think the 757 is around 220 and the (FR) 737-800 is 189.

multiflight123
13th Jun 2010, 09:54
The 757-200 hay have up to 238 seats.

Zippy Monster
13th Jun 2010, 10:39
A quick check of the Air Finland website shows that their 757s seat 219.

True Blue
13th Jun 2010, 20:02
I see more cancellations again today at Bfs and Lgw. This pattern is becoming much too frequent. I am a frequent Ezy user, but doubts are creeping into my mind and others will be starting to have the same doubts. If management do not see the damage being done with these actions, I fear Ezy will become a damaged brand and will be in trouble. How long before others start advertising based on poor Ezy stats? In my opinion, the running of the airline at the minute does not seem to be good enough.

True Blue

aidoair
13th Jun 2010, 20:38
All this talk of crew shortages causing delays cancellations etc... Can't EZY recruit more cabin crew / flight crew? I know plenty of people who would love to work for EZY or as cabincrew etc. Or is it that they can't afford or don't want to afford to employ anymore people? :confused:

True Blue
13th Jun 2010, 21:08
my thoughts exactly. assuming that they have the aircraft to fly the programme that THEY have put on sale, there are now plenty on pilots/cabin staff available, even if only for a few months over the busy summer season. So is this just bad planning? If so, then the person in charge of this should be out the door by now, bet he/she isn't.

True Blue

Thad Jarvis
13th Jun 2010, 21:49
not that long ago Ezy put many of its regional crews (cabin and flight) on redundancy notice (incl BFS) and forced many to relocate to other locations. Now they are cancelling flights all over the place because they haven't enough crew. In any world other the Easyjet somebody's head would be on a plate for that :ugh:

ReallyAnnoyed
13th Jun 2010, 23:02
There are not enough crew and there is no spare training capacity to train new hires, should the management even try it now. The employees have been telling the company this since autumn, but management knew better and rewarded themselves with fat bonus checks as a reward for keeping crew costs low. Must be amazing to get that first management job as ability seems to be no factor in getiing subsequent jobs.

Mr A Tis
14th Jun 2010, 08:50
As a user of EZY from LPL, so far I have not been affected. However, I have been monitoring the regular level of cancelled flights from LPL.
I am now looking at using other carriers from MAN instead, until the EZY problems are resolved. Somebody, somewhere have shot themselves in the foot this summer. I believe they now have 3 (?) sub leased aircraft but there are still cancellations accross the network.
Another publicity gift to the Irish me thinks.

Hipennine
14th Jun 2010, 11:10
This regular cancellation of flights badly affected NCL a couple of summers ago (crew shortage also the alleged problem at the time). In my view, EZY at NCL has never recovered from that. Yes, some forget, or were never affected, but many were, and still don't have confidence. If there is another summer of this at NCL, I could see that being the nail in the coffin.

EC-ILS
14th Jun 2010, 18:14
Anyone know why the 757 was in DUB this morning?

ben_keghead
14th Jun 2010, 18:33
I dont know why, but I know that G-OJIB was scheduled from DUB-LGW today on a positioning flight.

Mr Angry from Purley
14th Jun 2010, 19:34
I went LTN-SXF last tuesday and we we're delayed 20 mins for a connecting crew member who was needed to posn to SXF to operate from there. Not a problem but slightly surprised when a CC turned up. On arrival @ SXF there was a A320 waiting for him!!!! ....

EC-ILS
14th Jun 2010, 22:30
How many 757s are coming? Someone else mentioned the 757 which I seen this morning was the second one leased from Astreaus? There is also an Iceland Express 757 parked at DUB looks like its ready for some painting, is that the 3rd one?

ben_keghead
15th Jun 2010, 07:33
No, only 2 B757s are known to be being leased to EZY, as well as 1 B767

Hangerhead
15th Jun 2010, 08:58
my wife (and our baby son) was due on the 17.25 from MAD to LGW yesterday with Easyjet 5478.
having passed through security (and told there was a one hour delay) they were finally boarded around 19.30, only to then be told that "due to Air Traffic strikes in France, they had to remain on-board for the next 1.5 hours before flying".

i have checked around but cannot see any news about there being a strike - i think isntead that EZY have used this as an excuse to hide the fact they probably (again) cancelled the 17.25 and instead merged it with the later flight, meaning comp has to be paid (because flight departed more than 4hrs late and wasn't due to one of their 5 disclaimer conditions).

immensely annoying, in particular as we only had limited milk for our son on the flight also.

ReallyAnnoyed
15th Jun 2010, 09:16
Hangerhead, the explanation you got was probably true although I understand your suspicion. The summer season is full of slots which means that flights get delayed and crews run out of hours. In a low cost airline, any delay picked up will be nigh on in impossible to catch up later as the planes pretty much fly "back to back", meaning that when one rotation is done, a crew will be waiting to take over the plane for a departure half an hour later. If the first flight of the day is delayed by an hour, you can do the math with sector 8 for that plane on the day with subsequent slot delays etc.

When management run crew numbers, they assume everything runs like clockwork and as a low cost company, any buffer is seen as waste. Penny wise, pound fool. This all happened in 2006 too.

aidoair
15th Jun 2010, 09:23
Actually there is a stike and it is expected to last untill 0530 UTC tommorrow 16th June. A family member has been sat onboard a Ryanair STN-MAD flight for over and hour now and have only just been given a slot for 11am. Thats over two and a half hours after sheduled departure time!

qualitycontrol
15th Jun 2010, 09:33
The French/Spanish ATC situation is being covered fairly well in the R&N section.

In a nutshell, the Spanish have been working to rule (ie no direct routings, v strict with departure/slot times etc) the French have now jumped on the bandwagon in sympathy.

End result - lots of slots and delays between the uk and Spain.

Grin and bare it folks.

Flyit Pointit Sortit
15th Jun 2010, 09:45
You've gotta love it,

Tell the passengers the truth and they end up saying that you are lying. Maybe when I welcome passengers onboard a late flight, I should not say a thing.

On second thoughts mr HangerHead, next time I am delayed, instead of standing up in front of the passengers and explaining the reasons for the delay, I should invite you up, as you are obviously more informed than I am as an EZY Captain.

FPS

easyJet A321
15th Jun 2010, 10:18
Well said! People are just loving the fact that easyJet have an apparent staffing problem and this seems to be the blame for everything and its kind of becoming rather repetitive and boring now

True Blue
15th Jun 2010, 10:34
I'm not enjoying Ezy's apparent staffing problems. I am a regular user of Ezy and this is not the way I want to see them operate. I want to see a successful and dependable airline.

I had an employee recently left with no flight at Lgw , he was due to fly to Bfs after training. There were lots like him. The flight was cancelled(actually mote than one) and they were told to go on the web site and re-book. he was lucky that he was able to phone me, there were no flights Lgw - Bfs until late the next day, Friday. So I had to transfer him to Stn, the next morning. By now it was late at night. So he took the train into London Victoria and then the bus to Stn, arriving in the early hours of the morning. Then he spent some hours on a bench at the airport. That is what it is like when your flight is cancelled and the ground staff walk away and go home. I have spoken to lots of people who have no idea how to go about changing a disrupted flight. And what if you are elderly or have young children? And not all of us walk about with constant access to the web. So then we have to wait in a queue at the airport to get a chance to get on one of the few computers that may be working there. I think if some of the people who make these decisions experienced what it is like to be dumped, they might think again about what they are doing.

True Blue

JKKne
15th Jun 2010, 11:44
I type this from Newcastle Airport as I prepare to return home via friends in Paris to Barcelona. EZY have cancelled my flight (the 4th time it's happened to me this year) for 'operational amendments' according to the less than polite girl at the Service desk. I took my refund and left

I would have booked AF but they were showing full at the time but tottled over to the desk and am now booked with AF later this afternoon (at a cheaper price than EZY!)

Obviously living in Barcelona, EZY offer a direct routing home from NCL but I'm loathed to use them, the flight when its on time or not cancelled is becoming a chore and I'd rather clock up some miles with AF or BA

alm1
15th Jun 2010, 11:57
Shouldn't Easyjet also pay substantial compensation? The EU directive is there especialy for cases like this.

Hangerhead
15th Jun 2010, 12:52
http://www.pprune.org/showthread.php?p=5754421&posted=1#post5754506

FPS,

my post wasn't meant to be inflammatory at all however, every single flight with easyjet I have had between Madrid and Gatwick has been delayed in the past couple of months.
I appreciate of course how much of that is down to the ash clouds and i don't speak of those flights here.

I am in a forward and backward e-mail discussion with some of your customer service reps already for a flight of mine that was from MAD to LGW and was cancelled - leaving me waiting for 5 hours at the airport until i was put on the later flight.
the regulations i have read suggest that, as my flight was cancelled (not delayed or late) I am due compensation. but even armed with your own company regulations, the support staff tell me no.

then my wife and child, checked in early to make life a little easier, then find out that the flight is delayed.
again.
with limited baby food available also.

this is unpleasant for everyone.

if easyjet are incapable of sticking to flight schedules, then they should change the times - i am sure easyjet knew far in advance of check-in that the flight would not be on time, but they didn't prevent us from checking in or warn us so we could instead have gone elsewhere more comfortable meanwhile.

if it seems easyjet are coming in for undue criticism then they should do something to address the concerns that the fee-paying customers have.
if every easyjet i have been on, has been either delayed (never less than 1.5 hours) or cancelled, then is it not likely I will assume Easyjet has something to do with it, when instead, I've flown BA/Iberia and even Air Europa without any delays on the same routes?

I also work in ATC and know that often, some airlines will say some delays are due to ATC...then when you investigate further, you find the original flight was late and missed its slot.
blaming ATC is in that sort of case, misleading.

My original post then, as I have still seen nothing on any news website, was just to find out if there were Easyjet related problems or that there were genuinely strikes.

For the flight my wife was on, the easyjet latest news page, funnily enough said the flight was on time and landed on time...lies or mistakes?

MARK9263
15th Jun 2010, 15:28
Just to add my two penneth to this thread. Was due back on 21.55 EZY2206 MAD-LTN on Sun 13 Jun, but was cancelled and a scrum at Madrid airport of over 100 people trying to get sense, and answers. I was rebooked for EZY2206 21.55 MAD-LTN on Mon 14 Jun. It got to 22.30 at the gate and no information, then to be told by gate-staff it had been cancelled again. So made my way out to landside and the Easyjet information desk, to be told it was definately operating...!!!!!!!!! Back through to the gate and it did operate, finally leaving at 01.06.
The whole situation was absolutely shambolic, and as usual, information and staff were conspicuous by their absence, definately will not be using Easyjet again, finally got back to Luton 28 hours later...

Just wanted to share this total fiasco with the thread
Is this a compensation situation anyone know ?

james170969
15th Jun 2010, 17:08
I (and various family members) have used Easyjet on many occasions to fly from Glasgow International to Malaga and Alicante. I can honestly say that I have never had any problems with Easyjet and neither has my parents and cousins. Have we just been very lucky? Has anyone had any problems with Easyjet from Glasgow International?

Michael the Taker
15th Jun 2010, 18:21
Guys - while it is easy(!) to lay the blame at the company's door, I have a feeling that most of the delays you are incurring at the moment in France and Spain are to do with (unofficial) industrial action which is affecting all airlines equally.

As has been alluded to already, the Spanish Air Traffickers are in dispute with their management about, amongst other things, creating over-capacity in various sectors by allowing short cuts and early departures. And now the French appear to be coming out in sympathy. (Check the R&N and ATC fora for more info.)As a result controller discretion is no longer being used - you are ready to leave early; tough you wait until your filed departure time. You're running late and want to take a visual approach to cut 50 miles off your arrival; tough you must fly the whole procedure adhering to all height and speed restrictions, wasting time and burning unnecessary fuel.

Add to that the the usual summer occurrence of slots - or a time delay incurred on the ground so you shouldn't have to hold in the air, and the controller's insistence that you make that slot to the minute. For example out of Madrid, the taxi time to the northerly runways is set at 20 minutes; usually we can make it from push back to airborne in 10-15 minutes. However if you are not ready to push at exactly slot -20 you've now missed your slot, never mind the fact you can make up time during taxi or the discretion that controllers usually utilise in letting you go up to 5 minutes ahead of or 10 minutes later than your published restriction. So you get a new slot which typically tends to be 30-60 minutes later.

Compound that throughout the day (one slot into Europe, another one leaving) plus our self-inflicted tardiness, weather etc and sizeable delays start building up. Now add in the flight duty limitations of the crew – where after a certain period spent on duty you can no longer legally fly so standby crew and/or aircraft need to be called out – and you can see why some of the delays and cancellations happen, especially to the later flights.

I'm not apologising for the company - they can be shockingly bad when things go wrong – just trying to highlight some of the issues that we are encountering on a daily basis at the moment.

learjet50
15th Jun 2010, 22:27
Does anybody know how the 757 is Crewed ?

I asuume the Aircraft owner i e Air Finland/Austurias supply the Cockpit Crew .

Re the Cabin do Easy have there own Cabin Staff on the A/C or is it a mix of the operators and Easyjet Cabin Crews ??

Thanks

easyJet A321
16th Jun 2010, 16:34
I think regarding the crewing it was mentioned above and someone said that for the LPL based one it is the Air Finland crew members but then there's one or two easyJet crew members to assist and show to the Air Finland crew members what the easyJet procedures are.

On a different note albeit kind of linked I have just noticed that Astraeus from the 15th June have leased an Air Finland 757 (OH-AFK) and thought that this maybe another 757 bound for easyJet but to have Astraeus crews insted of Air Finland?

easyJet A321
16th Jun 2010, 20:54
Okay two have my last posts have been deleted for god knows what reason as per usual but I reported that a Titan 757 had took off from Manchester with an EZY call sign which then arrived at STN. Having just read on flight global this is what I found:

Titan A/W B752 G-ZAPX (29309) was rolled out in full easyJet scheme at Manchester today. It was ferried to Stansted this evening as EZY8001 & will enter service from there tomorrow.

So looks like STN has crewing problems too then?? or needs extra capacity, whatever the reason for the aircraft.

Also this is rather unusual for Titan to actually paint their aircraft into someone elses for a short term lease isn't it? I why there has been an exception is for easyJet

Further info, the schedule for the B752 based at STN tomorrow:
06:40 PMI
13:05 AGP
20:05 AGP

The aircraft seems to have the same schedule for Friday too.

BAladdy
16th Jun 2010, 21:01
Titan A/W B752 G-ZAPX (29309) was rolled out in full easyJet scheme at Manchester today. It was ferried to Stansted this evening as EZY8001 & will enter service from there tomorrow.

Are Titan not based at STN, maybe just returning there for final pre lease checks.

Are EZY still going to lease Titans 767 this summer or has that plan been changed in favour of the 757?

lagerlout
16th Jun 2010, 21:02
^^^^^

Because EZY has insisted upon it as part of the lease agreement i would imagine.

The paymaster's call the shots!

easyJet A321
16th Jun 2010, 21:08
Thats true I suppose! So there could be either 3 X B752 and 1 X B763 or just 3 X B752 lets just wait and see! But thinking about it the B763 wasn't due to be leased until early July so maybe this is just another 757 that no one knew about!

mathers_wales_uk
17th Jun 2010, 00:51
I suppose there is no objections to have the aircraft painted as long as it doesn't come from their own pocket.

Passengers will likely not know any difference until the PA announcement on board where it will likely be.

"Good morning and welcome to your EZYxxx flight to XYZ operated by xxxxx"

I have to say allthough the reason for these wet leased aircraft are suspicious be it short of crew or late delivery of aircraft. At least they are trying to minimise the impact by bringing in other airlines to operate flights on their behalf.

multiflight123
19th Jun 2010, 12:17
Just heared that they got the ORY-Slot for the ORY-DRS link.

jpthomas72
19th Jun 2010, 16:51
ORY-DRS ? Whoow, orange planes at DRS would be great news ! I always thought Dresden would always loose out on international flights due to SXF being quite close (2h drive on a fairly empty motorway, also frequent coach service), but of course the airport is really nice and deserves a better usage. LH recently at least reopened DRS-LON. And airline managers note: Latest news from SXF talks about massive delays at the new BBI (BER) due to bottleneck in security checks for two years after opening, while both LEJ and DRS and so modern and underused, no such issue whatsoever. I wish them well ! Currently, among budget airlines, 4U and AB are serving DRS frequently, and I believe are happy to do so.

NickBarnes
19th Jun 2010, 18:33
Hey, don't know if anybody knows but im flying to Madeira from Stansted on Thursday and was wondering which aircraft they use on it, is it the A319 or A320

The Flying Cokeman
19th Jun 2010, 18:38
A319- at the moment you will be on G-EZAC. NO A320's are based in STN as far as I'm aware........

Aeronave
19th Jun 2010, 18:57
Paris Orly-Dresden :ok:

That sounds great! But actually I can't imagine that it will operated, as SXF and PRG are to near to Dresden. We'll see.

airhumberside
20th Jun 2010, 08:28
Easyjet have not received any extra Paris Orly slots. Easyjet Switzerland unsuccessfully applied for more slots to serve Bologna, Pisa and Naples but all the available slots went to Germanwings, Transavia, Open Skies, Vueling, Air Europa and Aigle Azur

Announcement from the french slot co-ordinator - COHOR - Airport Coordination, France (http://www.cohor.org/cohor_site/all_nws2.asp?NewIdx=129&lng=en)

NickBarnes
20th Jun 2010, 10:41
@The Flying Cokeman - thanks very much for that information:ok:

DomyDom
20th Jun 2010, 10:59
Anyone know when the new Easyjet MAN routes are likely to come on sale and if so apart from AMS what are they likely to be? Thanks.

arriva
20th Jun 2010, 11:49
Having flown from and to Liverpool in the last week on the Air Finland aircraft i can confirm that on the outbound to Rhodes the crew where all Air Finland with one easyjet crew. The return were all Air Finland crew and gone had the Easyjet head covers replaced with AF,and the flight was announced as an Easyjet flight operated by Air Finland.

Aeronave
20th Jun 2010, 19:54
@airhumberside: (http://www.pprune.org/members/101957-airhumberside)

What does that mean? That this isn't true? :sad:

airhumberside
21st Jun 2010, 09:48
They could operate Orly-Dresden, but they would have to drop an existing Orly flight

easy26
21st Jun 2010, 16:24
Hello to everyone! I'm new to these forums I just thought this would be a good place to ask a quick question.

Is there a location where I can find what routes the B737-700's based at (EGGW-LUTON) Fly? On a daily bases, Just the 737's operating out of LTN.

Dan :)

Thanks

dwlpl
21st Jun 2010, 16:51
http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/download.asp?id=150

easy26
21st Jun 2010, 17:04
Thank you so much!:)

NickBarnes
22nd Jun 2010, 08:36
Just a little thing I found whilst booking with Easyjet, because im travelling to Portugal I need to provide my advanced passenger information, which I have done but when I did it I never got an email saying to it was done or anything, then a few weeks ago I got an email saying you still need to add your API and still with just 2 days to go I go on manage my booking it still says Important: you need to add ID information to your booking only underneath that it says in small writing: Thankyou for providing your passenger information.

I have just found this very unclear and the way they go on about it makes you think that you haven't done it when you have.

Just feel they should make it alot clearer that you have done it!!!

aidoair
22nd Jun 2010, 08:47
Agree about making it clearer, though this information can be added at check-in and unless you are checking-in on online and travelling with no bags, then this is the main reason you need to enter the details early. In my opinion, at most easyJet airports there is very little point in checking in online if you are checking-in bags as you still need to queue, unless you have paid for Speedy-plus and an extra check-in is open.

NickBarnes
22nd Jun 2010, 08:59
ah glad it's not just me who thinks this lol, well im checking in anyway cos I got 2 bags, but yeh and the way they say you will not be allowed on your flight if you haven't provided it and then keep saying that you haven't added it makes you wonder am I actually going to be let on my flight because I haven't provided this information somehow.

crazy idea
23rd Jun 2010, 11:04
I've been hearing a rumour that easyJet are looking to choose a handling agent in Amman and are looking to launch a thrice weekly service from Gatwick to Jordan - I know they've launched Egypt and Tel Aviv along side Istanbul, but can this work for them? And are they serious? It sounds a whole new concept for easyJet if true?

toledoashley
23rd Jun 2010, 11:16
I dont think it is too much of a surprise, the near middle east could be a very good option for them. I would expect to see something like: Beirut, Alexandria, Luxor & Damascus?

flyzen
23rd Jun 2010, 11:53
Easyjet will fly from early december BSL/Dresden 3days a week (booking available next week)
Other routes planned from BSL (most of them starting early dec) CPH-VCE-EDI-LPA

flyzen
23rd Jun 2010, 11:57
Jordan signed an "open Sky" agrement with UE, certainly the reason of EZY plan to AMM

EKCH2730
23rd Jun 2010, 14:19
Easyjet will fly from early december BSL/Dresden 3days a week (booking available next week)
Other routes planned from BSL (most of them starting early dec) CPH-VCE-EDI-LPA

Will CPH also be available for booking next week? BSL-CPH is unserved at the moment (after Cimber pulled out) so it will be natural for EZY to go in on that route.

Aeronave
23rd Jun 2010, 19:07
Dresden

What great news! And whats about DRS-ORY? (and other routes).

Are there any news?

flyzen
24th Jun 2010, 06:49
EZS press conference due today for official announcement of these new BSL base flights

For a EZY or EZS Paris / DRS route ... no new, as already posted

Mr A Tis
24th Jun 2010, 16:49
:(
I don't know when the French started their industrial action today (24th) but Ryanair cancelled their flights to France all day & provided information about the disruption on their website.
EZY on the other hand only cancelled their LPL-BDO flight 20 minutes before STD, with no information about the disruption on the web-site.
Even the rebook link on the web site doesnt work after 4 hours , as the system hasn't been updated about the cancellation.
Pretty sure more than 20 minutes notice could have been achieved for this disruption, thus saving a wasted 100 mile round trip journey, car parking & lounge fees.
Sh*t happens, but I def think they could do better than this.

MancRy
24th Jun 2010, 18:28
Without wanting to go into too much detail, the new MAN routes so far are apparently

- Another Scandanavian route
- Another German route
- A fairly distant Eastern Med City (not TLV)
- AMS that we all know about

Had heard rumours that one of the new routes would be "a shock".

MUFC_fan
24th Jun 2010, 18:33
- Another Scandanavian route
- Another German route
- A fairly distant Eastern Med City (not TLV)
- AMS that we all know about

-Stockholm?
-Hamburg?
-Amman?

Could the shock be the latter?

wanna_be_there
24th Jun 2010, 18:47
Amman is to be served 2 weekly from MAN and 3 weekly from LGW, so yes, quite a shocker!

EZY will also look to add TLV as LS are reaping the rewards at the moment, but its going to be summer '11 we see that one added

MUFC_fan
24th Jun 2010, 19:04
Amman is to be served 2 weekly from MAN and 3 weekly from LGW, so yes, quite a shocker!

I'm quite good at this!:ok:

I would assume Stockholm is also a cert. unless it is Tallinn!:ooh:

Will be a great addition and I'm pretty sure it will not remain at twice weekly if U2 get more aircraft into MAN. Will be a lucrative route for the airline that's for sure!

EZY will also look to add TLV as LS are reaping the rewards at the moment, but its going to be summer '11 we see that one added

Why El Al don't even send a 737 to MAN is beyond me! Anywhere north of Luton have to connect at LHR, LTN, FRA, AMS, CDG, MUC etc. unless they take LS which are charging what full service airlines are charging for return TATL flights and still filling them up! It's not like you can connect with EY, QR or EK is it!:ok:

U2 could turn MAN into a major base along with LTN, LGW, MXP etc. if they really pushed it - there are so many potential non-stop flights within Europe and Middle East that they could take advantage of!

wanna_be_there
24th Jun 2010, 19:11
I personally think Easy could have the following scenario going on:

Amman - 4 weekly A320

Damascus - 2 weekly A320 (Syrianair did well ex MAN, just poor punctuality and management)

Istanbul - daily A320 (turkey doing well and TK monopolising this route)

Tel Aviv- daily A320 (Give LS a run for their money, also giving people a choice of all 7 days to travel, not just Tue and Thu)

Also, in Europe, MAD, VIE, VNO, FCO, MXP and BBF could easily work ex MAN, just need them to be added

MUFC_fan
24th Jun 2010, 19:21
Amman - 4 weekly A320

Damascus - 2 weekly A320 (Syrianair did well ex MAN, just poor punctuality and management)

Istanbul - daily A320 (turkey doing well and TK monopolising this route)

Tel Aviv- daily A320 (Give LS a run for their money, also giving people a choice of all 7 days to travel, not just Tue and Thu)

Also, in Europe, MAD, VIE, VNO, FCO, MXP and BBF could easily work ex MAN, just need them to be added

I agree. Maybe 4x weekly on AMM is a bit too excessive yet I would expect it to certainly increase over time from 2x weekly.

Damascus is another that, with a well known and reliable airline offering reasonable fares (which U2 is probably best at!) would work.

IST is a TK route and I would guess will remain a TK route for the foreseeable future. I would make a prediction that many, if not the majority of TK passengers ex. MAN will connect in IST as they often offer the best fares going east.

I have to say, with TLV, a much larger schedule is definitely what is required. Daily, or at least 5x weekly would be much better for MAN and the airline on the route because as you say, there is more flexibility for passengers and for a route where there is demand I would like to think this would increase the success of the route.

The other destinations you have mentioned are again, very valid, however, it needs to be taken into account what happens down the road at LPL with both U2 and FR.

I still believe that the only two airlines that can make MAN-MAD work are U2 and IB/BA, the latter offering twice daily for connecting passengers would be their best option. U2 are U2 so where they fly, passengers come.

MAN offers some of the most lucrative routes on U2's network and for them to continue to make a success of MAN they do need to look at this longer distant routes such as AMM and TLV which clearly are working for the carrier!

Interesting times for U2 and MAN...Is three (U2/MAN/LPL) becoming a crowd?:eek:

wanna_be_there
24th Jun 2010, 19:30
Well, with LPL being sold to Vancouver airports, I wonder if the deal EZY originally signed is now valid. They made the deal with Peel, not Vancouver.

Im not saying that U2 will pull out of LPL, not by a long shot, but, I think the contract at LPL has prevented the likes of some routes not being allowed to op ex MAN, and also for every MAN route announced, a LPL route must follow.

Maybe MAN will be growing very fast now. After all, they get the same sort of pax profile as LGW, and U2 at LGW is doing very well.

MancRy
24th Jun 2010, 19:35
Ok well I know we were supposedly looking at AMM but I expected that to be an LGW route to start of with. Does anyone know anything definite regarding MAN-AMM? The "shocker" that i expected was BJL.

The routes I have heard (from a reliable source) didn't include any shocker. The routes being GOT, HAM, SAW aswell as the AMS.

toledoashley
24th Jun 2010, 19:36
I would guess that London would have a higher rotation to Amman than Manchester. Most of the near middle east routes would work as the LTN - TLV route has proved.

Just something of a flyer, but LTN has a 3x rotation on a 320 available from the dropped PFO. I think its Wednesday/Friday/Sunday.

Scandinavia, not sure about Stockholm - seems like an add choice, new German city - could it be the long - awaited Berlin?

I as above was expecting something like Banjul or Tunis soon.

wanna_be_there
24th Jun 2010, 19:40
No, the route is AMM, Im sure it briefly appeared in the GDS systems before dissapering again.

BJL is Banjul no? That would be on the west coast of Africa not a med city.

EI-BUD
24th Jun 2010, 19:47

Well Q is if, I mean if Easyjet did Manchester Shannon daily would Ryanair be tempted back onto the route?? Given at both ends of the route the dispute that exists over fees? Would the temptation for FR be too great?

I would like to see Easyjet doing a daily Manchester City of Derry route. We will have to wait and see.

EI-BUD

MancRy
24th Jun 2010, 19:52
Wanna be there..... I know BJL is West Africa. I only said Eastern Med as I initially didn't want to say the actual routes as they haven't been publicly confirmed yet. The Eastern Med city I was referring to is actually SAW.

Is AMM a definite then or is the GDS entry all that supports the rumour?

ryansf
24th Jun 2010, 20:04
Does anyone know why the DSA routes can't be booked past 31st December? Will they release the new year schedules when they announce these MAN routes?

MancRy
24th Jun 2010, 20:12
Rumour has it that the DSA aircraft will be heading across the pennines to MAN in January. A rumour only though.
Ryansf, are you on TSY forum?

Jamie2k9
24th Jun 2010, 20:28
Well Q is if, I mean if Easyjet did Manchester Shannon daily would Ryanair be tempted back onto the route?? Given at both ends of the route the dispute that exists over fees? Would the temptation for FR be too great?

I would like to see Easyjet doing a daily Manchester City of Derry route. We will have to wait and see.

Aer Arran had planned to launch daily flights from City of Derry to Manchester on March 1 2010 and the service was suspended before the start day in May as the bookings were very poor on the route.

Aer Lingus Regional operated by Aer Arran are starting SNN-MAN on July 1. It will be a daily service.

wanna_be_there
24th Jun 2010, 21:10
MancRy, AMM rumour is from what was seen in GDS and the fact easy have set up ground services at AMM.

Like I say, MAN-AMM was 2 weekly, LGW-AMM was 3 weekly. Could well be wrong though.

Also the DSA A319 is heading to MAN, ground station at DSA hasnt really worked for them and the crewing has pulled up some issues too.

Mr A Tis
25th Jun 2010, 09:02
Interesting talk about all these new routes. However, it may seem silly to ask, but how are they going to operate an expanded network ?
Even with 2 - 3 leased in aircraft, it appears that EZY are struggling to operate the schedule they've got.

Ian Brooks
25th Jun 2010, 09:35
Mr A Tis
That was answered in previous mail, it appears to to be the DSA based aircraft

Ian B

NorthCountryBoy76
25th Jun 2010, 10:01
New routes are due to start as the summer routes end..

aeulad
25th Jun 2010, 11:06
Amman would be a very surprising choice. I have to say that I think it is highly unlikely.

Regards

Mike

Mr A Tis
25th Jun 2010, 11:07
No Ian, I am talking about network cancellations.
Many flights are cancelled daily from Liverpool, Luton, Milan & other bases. This has been the situation for months, hence the leasing in of aircraft to alleviate the problems.
Manchester seems to have escaped any problems
Where the Docaster aircraft is , is irrelevant to my point.
I just don't see how they can expand their network, when they can't operate the current schedule, unless somebody can correct me.
Although I accept of course, when (if) the sunshine routes end, then maybe its more of a switch of routes for the winter, rather than an expanded network.

MancRy
25th Jun 2010, 13:09
Mr A Tis..............the simple answer is recruitment. Certainly in terms of Cabin Crew, this year Easyjet has recruited unprecedented numbers to the extent where some of the training has had to be outsourced. Even so, the Winter is still a quieter period even for Easyjet. Some routes are seasonal and will end in October to be replaced by new routes. Crewing is currently posing challenges but it's not terminal.

Aeulad, the four routes I have mentioned have been quoted by an Easyjet manager.... HAM, GOT, AMS and SAW. There is also a member of pilot management that has been quoted as saying there is a "shock route" for MAN with a distance/flight time similar to that of SSH. HRG, TLV would not be shock destinations. AMM would though. I knew they were looking into it from LGW but to launch it from MAN aswell would certainly be unexpected.

cesare.caldi
25th Jun 2010, 15:01
EZS press conference due today for official announcement of these new BSL base flights

Any news about this press conference?

The Flying Cokeman
25th Jun 2010, 16:55
In case someone would like to know this is the information we got per email today:

Many of you have asked about the exit plan for the A321 fleet. The current plan has the aircraft exiting our operation as follows:
A321 Fleet exit plan
• • •
2 exit on 06 September 2010 1 exits on 08 September 2010 1 exits on 22 September 2010
These aircraft are replaced with new Airbus deliveries so this will not show as a decrease in the total number of operating aircraft at LGW.

flyzen
25th Jun 2010, 18:44
cesare ...
All news routes from BSL confirmed
... but presently press releases I got are only in french and german, as usual english will follow soon
a french one
EasyJet se renforce à Bâle ? Mulhouse | Air Journal (http://www.air-journal.fr/2010-06-25-easyjet-se-renforce-a-bale-%E2%80%93-mulhouse-58218.html)

jpthomas72
26th Jun 2010, 07:55
... now that is indeed great news ! Basel (even officially being the Freiburg airport) means this is a very useful domestic connection for Germany. Check the train schedule to see what kind of 'fun' that journey was on the train...
And ironically, the big new Berlin airport BER (BBI) will have a 7 months delay, officially June 2012 now, another reason why the superior infrastructure of DRS does finally get recognised. Another such 'sleeping beauty' is LEJ, actually. Now maybe some DRS flight also into the UK - how about MAN ? As the competition do only connecting flights from STN which esp for a weekend visit isn't much fun.

ReallyAnnoyed
26th Jun 2010, 12:05
Dresden and Leipzig are tiny in comparison to Berlin and do not have the tourist magnetism that Berlin does. After all, there are 3.5 million people in Berlin city.

cesare.caldi
26th Jun 2010, 16:04
Dresden is a beautiful city, an artistic treasure, but very little known outside Germany. These new low cost flight will help inbound tourism

IJM
27th Jun 2010, 05:22
cesare.caldi - agree about Dresden - have spent a few enjoyable days there.
Didn't see a lot of Leipzig but it is worth a look.

Approximate populations of Berlin / Leipzig / Dresden:

Berlin - 3.4 million
Leipzig - 515,000
Dresden - 512,000

So although Berlin is much bigger than Leipzig and Dresden, none of the latter two are particularly "tiny".

Aeronave
27th Jun 2010, 06:41
@ IJM:

But don't forget that the catchment area of Dresden-Airport includes whole Saxony (approx. 4 milion), south Brandenburg (1,75 milion) and parts of Czech Republic (2 milion - approx. 10% of pax) and parts of Poland (3 milion - approx. 5% of pax).
In Berlin SXF the same, there you can count approx. 10% Polish and 5% Czech plus lots of pax from Dresden area (8 time daily bus service from Dresden City to the Airports of Berlin).

With and advanced product in Dresden and/or Leipzig (some more low-cost links) the number of pax in SXF will drop slightly. There is a lack of offer in Dresden, as a hogh demand quite exists.
So we are happy that the new link Dresden-Basel is put into service in DEC10 and hope that this is only the beginning - as I said there is a lack of low cost international routes.

In my opionion, based on advanced experience in the tourism business and airport services, the demand for flights to the BeNeLux (as business destination) is very high. Also routes from France and GB/Ireland may have success as Dresden there is known as a cultural highlight of Germany.
For the outgoing tourism (mixed with business) some major cities in Spain, Italy and Greece are necessary.
And don't forget the former Eastern Bloc, where Dresden is still today mentioned in every art and history class. The new DRS-SVO link is expanded every half year (summer 10: 2 weekly, winter 10: 3 weekly, summer 11: 4 weekly) and creating every month more pax. I'm sure that with a link to LED and Ukraine, Hungary and other eastern states would happen the same.

johnnychips
27th Jun 2010, 21:57
Is it true that the DSA rotation is to be withdrawn from January, and the plane freed moved to Manchester? It seems to be stated as a fait accompli on that thread.

cesare.caldi
27th Jun 2010, 22:04
Why after only few month Easyjet leave DSA? Flights have bad result?

airhumberside
27th Jun 2010, 22:18
DSA is costly with it being a virtual base - crew are put up in hotels overnight. So that doesn't help.

But it probably all goes back to Easyjet's deal with DSA's sister airport at LPL. An agreement Easyjet probably don't want to be in, given their current 'keen-ess' on MAN. It was rumoured that DSA got a virtual base to avoid Easyjet having to put an extra aircraft into LPL that would then affect their growth potential at MAN.

Which is a shame for DSA to get caught up in this, since there is potential there for a based loco now TOM have gone back to just charters. While TOM are great for places like Greece, on routes like Malaga there is room for a low cost airline. And with Jet 2 and Ryanair both happy at LBA to the north and EMA to the south, Easyjet are probably DSA's best hope for large scale growth

Though of course lets not forget nothing has been confirmed about Easyjet's future at DSA yet

Jamie2k9
27th Jun 2010, 22:27
If easyjet put new routes or aircraft at there MAN Base do they have to do the same at Liverpool and if so why is this?

airhumberside
27th Jun 2010, 22:35
Routes - certainly not
Aircraft - there has been rumours that they would have too but how true they are I don't know. It maybe that Easyjet have separate deals with LPL and MAN that requires them to add aircraft at both bases every year

Jamie2k9
27th Jun 2010, 22:45
I think easyjet Liverpool base can't been grown any more as Ryanair have a huge pressence there.

BarTT
27th Jun 2010, 23:02
There's room for more at LPL, and that's what the new owners want.
As for DSA, new routes is what I keep being told. Who knows!

toledoashley
28th Jun 2010, 05:55
If this is the case of DSA being expensive, why not just operate W routes from LPL and LTN - which seem to be rather 2nd best at the moment?

dwlpl
28th Jun 2010, 09:02
I think easyjet Liverpool base can't been grown any more as Ryanair have a huge pressence there

You really should not take what MUFC says as gospel. := :ok:

Ryanair have 8 based aircraft and easyJet have 10 (plus one thats flies ex DSA) but they dont have the crews available to fly them.

GayFriendly
28th Jun 2010, 09:14
So 8 based FR and 10 based EZY at LPL, god this is what we can only dream of at BHX!! I know this is pie in the sky but I so wish Easy would consider some W patterns into BHX (or wow even a base?) to help make up for the pathetic FR (4 based) and Baby (3 soon to be 2 based) offerings we are stuck with......it seems strange that EZY seem to have given up on the Midlands, save a seasonal route to GVA. What will it take to get a bit of Orange to grace the runways of Brum? Obviously something that BHX do not have or are prepared to offer!

dwlpl
28th Jun 2010, 09:17
So 8 based FR and 10 based EZY at LPL

Yes.

Obviously all the FR are 737-800's and the breakdown of the EZY aircraft is 8*A319, 1*A320 and the chartered in 757-200 of Air Finland.

The pseudo based DSA aircraft is another A319.

airhumberside
28th Jun 2010, 16:10
If this is the case of DSA being expensive, why not just operate W routes from LPL and LTN - which seem to be rather 2nd best at the moment?
Still expensive. For example LTN-FAO-DSA-FAO-LTN would probably require a crew change at DSA. Only shorter routes like AMS could be done on w patterns without a crew change

toledoashley
28th Jun 2010, 17:29
Can they not do something like they have done in Dortmund?

lurkio
28th Jun 2010, 18:38
How can you close it when you haven't opened it yet?

eagle21
28th Jun 2010, 20:20
Anyone tought of Beirut?

CabinCrewe
28th Jun 2010, 21:32
Ronald Regan did....

MancRy
29th Jun 2010, 00:15
RE: DSA........ why does everyone automatically think that nightstopping is an overly expensive way to operate flights? Just to put it into perspective, Easyjet (and other airlines) spend a fortune each day positioning crew in Hallmark cars aswell as overnighting crew to work out of other bases right across the network.

airhumberside
29th Jun 2010, 14:24
RE: DSA........ why does everyone automatically think that nightstopping is an overly expensive way to operate flights? Just to put it into perspective, Easyjet (and other airlines) spend a fortune each day positioning crew in Hallmark cars aswell as overnighting crew to work out of other bases right across the network.
Isn't that an issue of Easyjet's making due to lack of crew. Putting crews in hotels overnight is obviously cheaper than a fully staffed base with no need to move crews between bases

MancRy
30th Jun 2010, 00:53
There has always been occasions where crew are required at other bases regardless of the current crewing issues. On occasions I have had to postion and overnight in various bases including LGW and MAD and both with GB and Easyjet. You will see hallmark cars often outside Olympic House (MAN) and other crew rooms with Easyjet/TCX/MON placards in the window. There will always be crewing eventualities that require movement between bases.

That is why Easyjet (and other airlines) have an Hotac (hotel/crew transport) department not to mention for those (relatively few) nightstops which do exist and are planned into the schedule. DTM, DSA, BFS, TXL, MAD etc.

IDR
30th Jun 2010, 12:30
easyJet have planned night stopping crew in .. NCE NAP LIS TLS AGP DSA LYS DTM

flyzen
30th Jun 2010, 16:55
Easyjet will add from early November an extra A319 on Lyon base and will open
- new : PRG / NCE /BES / AGA / MXP
- restart : SXF
- seasonal from 18 december LPL and BRS

from french website (sorry only in frenceh)
easyJet : Brest, Nice, Milan, Berlin, Prague et Agadir au départ de Lyon (http://www.tourmagazine.fr/easyJet-Brest-Nice-Milan-Berlin-Prague-et-Agadir-au-depart-de-Lyon_a14427.html)

cesare.caldi
30th Jun 2010, 17:32
MXP-LYS is a very good route, now there is only AirFrance 3x daily with regional plane and very expensive ticket. Train and car are not competitive with 6 hours of travel.

There is also a rumor of new Easyjet MXP-TLS flight

A319-100
1st Jul 2010, 07:19
I think the MXP rumour has some substance as the TLS-FCO flight originates in TLS and then returns so I was wondering which crews were going to do these. Maybe MXP-TLS-FCO-TLS-MXP.....who knows

idlejack
1st Jul 2010, 09:01
The above are now showing in the booking engine.

World Traveller
1st Jul 2010, 11:12
A319-100 - Toulouse to Rome (and Lisbon) are operated in between flights from/to CDG.

cesare.caldi
1st Jul 2010, 18:59
Easyjet open FCO-BIO 3x week from november. I hope will open also MXP-BIO.

The new MXP-LYS is operated by LYS base plane. MXP-TLS is a replacement route of MXP-SOF so the true new MXP winter routes i believe will be announced soon. I hope in a new route to Canary Island.

Aeronave
2nd Jul 2010, 11:07
Is it true, that they will anounce the new routes ex Manchester and Paris on July 8th?

CabinCrewe
2nd Jul 2010, 12:09
Watch EZY IOM get dropped quicker than you can say TT Races

cesare.caldi
2nd Jul 2010, 21:37
Is it true, that they will anounce the new routes ex Manchester and Paris on July 8th?

What is the source of this news? Any rumors about these possible new routes?

Aeronave
3rd Jul 2010, 08:46
What is the source of this news? Any rumors about these possible new routes?

Above are mentioned some new routes ex MAN (possibly AMS, HAM,...).
From Paris there are rumors, too. (e.g. MUC, SAW,...).

From an internal source.

MancRy
3rd Jul 2010, 09:24
SAW from MAN has apparently been put back to early next year.

aidoair
3rd Jul 2010, 09:51
From Paris there are rumors, too. (e.g. MUC, SAW,...).

Any routes outside the European Union by easyJet except those from the UK and Switzerland will be hard to come by. This is because the aircraft usually has to be registered in one of the countries that the aircraft is operating to / from. This would mean unless Turkey becomes part of the EU I cant see a route from Paris to SAW etc happening?

easyJet's aircraft are under the United Kingdom register G- with a small fleet under the easyJet Swiss brand under the register HB- .

SWBKCB
3rd Jul 2010, 10:40
Not quite right - EU press notice dated 25/03/2010

EU and Turkey initial civil aviation agreement

The European Union and the Turkish authorities have today initialled an aviation agreement which will remove nationality restrictions in the bilateral air services agreements between EU Member States and Turkey. This agreement will allow any EU airline to operate flights between any EU Member State and Turkey, where a bilateral agreement with Turkey exists and traffic rights are available.

This so-called "horizontal'" aviation agreement does not replace the bilateral agreements in place between EU Member States and Turkey, but adapts them to bring them into line with EU law. Currently, there are 42 such horizontal agreements between the EU and 50 countries worldwide. More than 800 bilateral air services agreements have already been modified by the joint efforts of the European Commission and EU Member States to replace nationality rules with the principle of EU airline designation.

The agreement is an important step towards further strengthening EU–Turkey aviation relations and will encourage traffic between the EU and Turkey. Air transport is crucial for relations between the EU and Turkey, linking people, cultures and businesses. Turkey is one of the key aviation partners of the EU. Passenger traffic between the EU and Turkey reached more than 25 million in 2008, making Turkey the third largest external aviation market for the EU in number of passengers, after the United States and Switzerland.

The agreement will open the way for further cooperation between the EU and Turkey in civil aviation including in the areas of aviation safety, security, air traffic management, technology, research and industrial cooperation, consumer and environmental protection, and competition.

Further information on the EU and international aviation:

Transport: International Aviation - European commission (http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air/international_aviation/international_aviation_en.htm)

A and C
3rd Jul 2010, 11:44
Last night at LGW I was told that Easy jet had been canceling flights due to the crews (flight deck & cabin) working to rule.

Any truth to this ?

Avman
3rd Jul 2010, 12:23
There have been rumours of some significant shortages of crews. Perhaps those they do have can't (or are not willing to) put in any extra hours.

easy1
3rd Jul 2010, 12:36
Or more to the point, those of us who are left have been worked into the ground and physically can't take any more!!
easyJet have really messed up the crew situation at the moment, most crew's have been/are willing to put the extra time in but there is only so much that we can do!!!!

aidoair
3rd Jul 2010, 15:30
Well with this new news then im really surprised FR havn't opened up / announced new routes to Turkey from the UK, considering how popular it is this year, it has taken off more than ever!

atakacs
3rd Jul 2010, 16:31
Don't know if this is the right forum to post about but I am looking for some sort of data to document that for some reason EZY is recently canceling way more flights than the industry average (we - as a company - have been particularly hit over the past two weeks with a dozen of last minute cancellations reportedly due to "extraordinary circumstances").

Is there any publicly available database tracking such events ?

Regards

cesare.caldi
3rd Jul 2010, 16:45
The new rules is not an opensky so probably there is not free traffic rights between UK and Turkey.

Mr Angry from Purley
3rd Jul 2010, 17:05
Given that EZY has gone through massive expansion it's surprising to hear this towards the latter part of their expansion. I know some crew have been heading towards the Middle East but not many. I suspect the truth is somewhere between the 2009 financial crisis and unrealistic Management bonus targets perhaps? :\

Oleo
3rd Jul 2010, 17:17
I think you could make a request to the CAA under The Freedom Of Information Act.

MancRy
3rd Jul 2010, 19:10
It's nothing really to do with over expansion but a mis-calculation of crewing numbers that stems from various actions over the last year.

10 DME ARC
3rd Jul 2010, 19:11
I know some crew have been heading towards the Middle East but not many
Don't know hearing some very familiar voices with FDB & ABY!!

legallooptheloop
4th Jul 2010, 07:48
Just had a friend call me and say that their flight's been cancelled from Edinburgh. Is this likely to be as a result of the crew shortages? If so, are they entitled to the cancellation compensation under Regulation 261/2004 EU? It wouldn't appear to qualify under any of the specified exceptions; easyjet being responsible for having enough people in the right place.

They've been re-booked to fly from Glasgow later this afternoon but have to get there under their own steam (2 buses and an expensive train). Can they be reimbursed if they keep receipts?

This whole crewing issue must be costing them a fortune, and on top of the drama earlier in the year...

airhumberside
4th Jul 2010, 09:04
AFAIK there is open skies between the UK and Turkey, or at least there are few restrictions. Airlines including Easyjet have added many new UK-Turkey scheduled flights in recent years

As for that new EU-Turkey agreement, the way I read is that Easyjet for example could operate between Germany and Turkey so long as the Germany-Turkey bilateral is either open skies or has spare frequencies. Same for Air Berlin if they wanted to fly UK-Turkey for example

Serenity
4th Jul 2010, 09:35
How much truth in the rumours of approx 300+ references asked for by EK and I believe already a couple dozen put in resignations already!!

Mr A Tis
4th Jul 2010, 10:02
Yes, I had a flight cancelled within 30 minutes of departure from Liverpool. This due to industrial action beyond their control at destination. Fair enough, except flights from Gatwick & Luton operated on time to that same destination.
Don't think I'll be using them again after this years performance.

MancRy
4th Jul 2010, 18:41
Basically it has nothing to do with EK. Crewing issues aren't being caused by people jumping ship......it's simply a case of their not being enough crew full stop. Crew morale currently isn't great and with industrial action/usual summer delays, crew are simply refusing to either go into discretion or work into days off.

ReallyAnnoyed
5th Jul 2010, 17:24
The responsibility lies with the Operations Director. The crewing numbers is his baby. He believes he's a brilliant leader, mind you.

Flightrider
5th Jul 2010, 19:06
Punctuality and reliability has deteriorated to an absolutely appalling level in the easyJet operation. I don't particularly care which personality holds the post of Operations Director, but any CEO ought to be calling an Ops Director responsible for presiding over this shambles into his/her office for a reading of the riot act (or alternatively to hand him his P45). It is hardly surprising that domestic and shorter routes are being cut back or axed completely - the frequent flyers' willingness to tolerate regular delays is wearing very thin and many are voting with their feet.

It is also very irritating to discover that five easyJet aircraft are parked up at Gatwick doing nothing due to lack of crew on an afternoon when other flights (using crews who have just come on duty) are running several hours late due to reactionary issues. Surely someone has the capability to enact an aircraft swap so that the new crew can get on a spare aircraft and minimise delays?

This is an airline whose management team has completely lost control over what is going on. It is bad news for passengers and bad news for crews alike. One can only hope that the new CEO acts quickly to restore the basics - you deliver the product which you've sold to the customer. It's a long way short of that on a regular basis right now.

Little Blue
5th Jul 2010, 19:15
Five a/c parked up doing nowt at LGW???
NOT on my AIMS screen !! I wish we did !!

cesare.caldi
5th Jul 2010, 21:50
This is an airline whose management team has completely lost control over what is going on.

This sentence synthesizes well all easyjet crisis

MARK9263
6th Jul 2010, 07:14
My flight back from Luton to Madrid was cancelled recently, a claim was put on and they have said it was 'technical reasons', they are not responsible and will not pay compensation.
How does that work ? Surely they are responsible if one of their aircraft doesnt make the flight, but was that the real reason ?
Surely it was the crew shortages issue that was the real reason ?

Can anybody shed any light on this, and what to do next ??

MARK9263
6th Jul 2010, 07:16
My flight back from Luton to Madrid was cancelled recently, a claim was put on and they have said it was 'technical reasons', they are not responsible and will not pay compensation.
How does that work ? Surely they are responsible if one of their aircraft doesnt make the flight, but was that the real reason ?
Surely it was the crew shortages issue that was the real reason ?

Can anybody shed any light on this, and what to do next ??

atakacs
6th Jul 2010, 17:06

Exact same story here (multiple occurrences of last minute cancellation - on different route though).

I have just opened a case with the relevant "national enforcement body" - we shall see how it unfolds. In your case I would start with the Air Transport Users Council (http://www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx?catid=306)

In any case crew shortage is definitely not beyond their control as far as I am concerned and I will not give up Easy-ly (tm) :*

MARK9263
6th Jul 2010, 17:24
Thanks for that. Very interesting.
I am writing to them making them aware it is my intention to take them to a small claims court...:ugh:

How far down the road are you with this ?
Would you recommend that I take this route ?

Flightrider
6th Jul 2010, 17:25
Five a/c parked up doing nowt at LGW???
NOT on my AIMS screen !! I wish we did !!

I am beginning to wonder if the AIMS screen is the problem. It's got so many aircraft on it that the spares have fallen off the bottom! There were definitely aircraft out of use - crew member mentioned it and there were several (I didn't count, but certainly perhaps four or five) parked up in the tower stands when we landed with no signs of life, and this was approx 19:00 hrs.

The wet-leasing has obviously mitigated the effects of some of the problems on passenger service delivery, but they still have a long way to go to reach an acceptable standard. Only 50% of flights on time at Gatwick is pretty poor really.

IB4138
6th Jul 2010, 18:04
I already have a complaint about an Easy cancelation before the Air Transport Users Council, where the initial cause and main reason why the flight was cancelled was lack of crew and Easy will not pay up.

easyboy22
6th Jul 2010, 18:06
The new CEO has started let's hope she gets her hands dirty
straight away as we work damn hard to please our
customers but there is only so much we can do as crew.

TSR2
6th Jul 2010, 20:46
Just out of curiosity how do you know that your flight was cancelled due to lack of crew. I am sure it was but proving it for the purpose of compensation is something different.

IB4138
7th Jul 2010, 06:16
Because on boarding the aircraft, two hours after scheduled departure time and before the flight was cancelled, the captain announced that the delay was due to there being no crew to operate the flight at the scheduled time.

MARK9263
7th Jul 2010, 07:24
Same for me.
Told at check-in back to Luton there was no crew, yet Easyjet have said in an e-mail it was for 'technical reasons'

groundbum
7th Jul 2010, 13:07
for all those wondering whether to sue Easyjet for cancellations.

I did this in February, and it's not difficult. Essentially log onto moneyclaim (google it) and issue a small claims court proceedings. It'll cost maybe £30 on your card, and you get this back if you win. Easyjet will generally settle as their lawyers cost more than your claim and in a small claims court the defendent (easyjet) is not allowed to ask for their costs back from you if they win. So the MOST you lose is the £30 fee or so.

Generally it is good manners to send a registered letter to Easyjet HQ saying you intend to sue, a week or so before you do. Easyjet will ignore the letter, but the Judge will be impressed you didn't run straight to court. Do all your letters etc on a computer so you have a copy for your file.

You'll need evidence to prove you are entitled to the EU compensation (250euro/passenger) and the cancellation was not down to the assorted get out clauses such as technical failure and weather. The easiest proof is if every other airline was flying and Easyjet cancelled loads of flights, that tells you it wasn't a one-off beyond their control. In addition if a captain says something on a tannoy that would help your case, then swap emails with fellow passengers and email each other offering to authenticate the captain/dispatcher/check in person really did say what they said about crew shortages etc and that multiple people witnessed it.

Easyjet will then allow the case to go forward etc as their law firm have a small army of cheapy clerks that can do letters by the thousand. But a week or two before the court case they'll offer to settle for 25% of what you asked for. Depending on your nerve tell them to stuff it but you'll take 50% or 90% or whatever. The law firm really is like a call center and just does cases by the bucket load.

I'm sure somewhere Easyjet have taken the business decision that it is cheaper to go through this rigamarole and run their business with such low resourcing levels, rather than spend extra money on planes and crews and operate professionally. You taking them to court and winning will at some point tip the cost/benefit equation against this style of operation.

Don't forget in your letter/small claims statement to state what would Easyjet should do to make you happy and close the case. otherwise their customer service people are left guessing and you'll negotiate back and forth all day. I simply said 5x250euro please for the five of us.

G

cesare.caldi
7th Jul 2010, 17:40
Easyjet new route on sale from tomorrow:

MXP-LJU 3x week from dicember
Paris-LJU 3x week from dicember
MAN-HAM
MAN-AMS
MAN-GOT
LGW-ZAG

JonnyBfs
7th Jul 2010, 17:56
:)There is also a new route from Belfast
BFS-MALTA 2x week from February
On Sale Tomorrow:ok:

toledoashley
7th Jul 2010, 18:20
Anymore for anymore??

kingston_toon
8th Jul 2010, 09:48
Confirmed new routes now on sale:

Wasn't expecting Zagreb...

MAN – GOT
MAN – AMS
MAN – HAM
ZAG – LGW
ZAG - CDG
BFS – MLA
LJU – MXP
LJU – CDG
BSL – DRS
BCN – LIS
BCN – AMS
SXF – GOT
FCO – NCE
BSL – VCE

Big_Mach
8th Jul 2010, 11:53
BCN-LIS and BCN-AMS are interesting ones as they are not bases (yet) otherwise might be W patterns.

easydan319
8th Jul 2010, 15:17
Also SXF - AMS twice daily from 31st October. In total 3 new routes from AMS (SXF,BCN,MAN) taking total routes to 18.

parky747
8th Jul 2010, 16:41
Are there anymore additional EZY aircraft to be based at MAN as these new routes are announced or are these routes a replacement for the summer season destinations?

OltonPete
8th Jul 2010, 17:36
parky747

I have just checked one week in December when the GOT starts
and it looks like a straight replacement for the summer routes.

Five based with hardly any spare capacity other than Tuesday
(work for 4 based?) and odd gap on Wednesday & Thursday.

Quite a neat schedule and destinations although GOT at three
a week is an interesting one to say the least.

Pete

ryansf
8th Jul 2010, 17:58
So if MAN is staying at 5 based, then the rumours of the DSA aircraft moving over are false then. Could it be just finalising of schedules before putting the DSA flights in January on sale? There is also some space capacity (Palma not being operated IIRC) over the winter months so perhaps a ski destination being announced?

cesare.caldi
8th Jul 2010, 18:57
Easyjet new route from MXP are:

MXP-LYS operated by LYS based plane
MXP-TLS is a replacement route of MXP-SOF
MXP-LJU is the only true new route from MXP.

Easyjet close 10 summer seasonal route from MXP, so or plane based will be reduced during winter or will be announced soon several new route from MXP.

Hangerhead
8th Jul 2010, 19:21
EZY5478 (17:25 from MAD to LGW) tonight had a fairly major lightning strike and flight was turned back to MAD.
No word yet on replacement flight.

My niece was on the flight, bless. had a terrible shock.
says the windshield is cracked although others also said a crack in fuselage.

transwede
9th Jul 2010, 10:15
Anyword on S11 flights from NCL being released?

adfly
11th Jul 2010, 08:30
Can anyone specify how many aircraft of each type are at each base at the moment?

A319-100
11th Jul 2010, 13:00
Rome FCO 4 A319 ;)

CabinCrewe
11th Jul 2010, 14:05
GLA 3x A319 1x A320

ben_keghead
11th Jul 2010, 16:39
LPL: 8xA319, 1x A320
DSA: 1xA319 (lpl based aircraft and crew)
MAN: 3xA320,2xA319

BFS101
11th Jul 2010, 16:53
BFS: 6x A319

Tranceaddict
11th Jul 2010, 18:43
STN 12 x A319, 1 x 757 (Titan)

MerchantVenturer
11th Jul 2010, 21:05
BRS - 9 319s and 2 320s (2nd 320 arrives next week for main summer period).

Zippy Monster
11th Jul 2010, 22:53
BSL 5 x A319
GVA 9 x A319, 1 x A320

EC-ILS
12th Jul 2010, 01:28
DO EZY have an A319 based or DSA, above it says they do but also says its a LPL based aircraft?

Aeronave
12th Jul 2010, 08:39
Just a question to "insiders".

Usually Easyjet operate at least two routes from a destination airport, except on the London-links from TLL, LCA, AYT, HRG, CHQ, ZTH, KGS, SZG, VIE, some regional UK-Routes and the BSL-DRS link.

It's obviously that the DRS-BSL link doesn't fit to their strategy. Besides EAP is also served from Berlin and there are some destinations which could be operated from Dresden where a higher-yield is more likely (e.g. Paris).
So whats the reason for this EAP-DRS link?

aidoair
12th Jul 2010, 08:42
DO EZY have an A319 based or DSA, above it says they do but also says its a LPL based aircraft?

The aircraft overnights in DSA though there is no crew base and it is shared/operated by Liverpool crew. The 2 sets of crew overnight in a nearby hotel sometimes for a number of nights and swap around including the aircraft usually on the Amsterdam flight.

victoria73
14th Jul 2010, 19:34
good news about new ezy route from BFS but someone needs to draw easyjets attention to the way menzies are treating there passengers at BFS they have oeople standing in long Queques for ages sometimes people are nearly standing out the front door does ezy know this is going on about time the handling Agent was giving some answers and stop forcing people to pay speedy boarding

tigger2k8
14th Jul 2010, 20:19
Victoria, I sent you a PM which had an address which you could write a formal letter to Menzies at BFS to highlight your complaint / not statisfied with service, this is far more effective than posting on a forum as theres little or no chance anyone of management position will be reading and a letter is formal, you should get a reply. I have wrote to Menzies at BFS in the past and have got a quick and informative reply, no doubt due to it being a relatively small operation.

EZY know exactly how many members of staff their handling agent has, in this case at BFS, Menzies.. as far as im aware in the contract its stated how many members of staff are dedicated to EZY flights.. staffing levels will only increase if EZY stops expecting handling for peanuts.. always demanding lower

No one is forcing you to buy speedy boarding, although it is very well advertised to convince you to buy it, it is an optional "perk" which EZY want people to buy, hence why they put a dedicated desk and want a member of staff from the handling agent to sit at that desk all the time for speedy boarders, total waste of staff as there could be big queues and not one speedy boarder in sight yet that member of staff cant check in non-speedy boarders..

I dont think i have ever been to an airport which doesnt have problems with queues at peak times (first wave flights and summer...), try standing in the TCX queues :}, bring a book

gflynorw
15th Jul 2010, 12:29
As this is a rumour forum.. this should be interpreted as such.

New Chairman was a recent Crew Recurrent training alongisde People Director, who got into a spat with a crew member who was complaining about the way the company is being run at the moment, well new CEO had asked People Director to sit down and she took over from conversation/heated discussion.

Also, CAA have been on Easy's back over their performanace at moment with the level 'unacceptable' cancellations and delays. CAA have apparently threaten to take action if they don't get their house in order. Anyone else heard of this?

As I say it may just be rumour!

SASfox
15th Jul 2010, 13:53
I had to chuckle at the advert that Easyjet has in tonight,s Manchester Evening News. Basically slagging off Jet2 for flying aircraft with an average age of 22 years compared to Easyjet's fleet age of 3.7 years.
I wonder if that advert was in last nights paper and was given out to the 100+ pax sat on their MAN-GVA flight to pass the time away as they sat on the aircraft for nearly 3 hours before Easyjet cancelled it....YET AGAIN.
Jet2 do have older aircraft but at least they get their pax to where they want to go.
EasyJet end the advert with the line Older or Younger? The choice is yours. I know who I'd book with given a choice betweeen Orange or Red!

SASfox
15th Jul 2010, 14:16
Not too sure SnackPack what the problem was last night but I do know it must be the 6th or 7th time they have cancelled the evening MAN-GVA in the last few weeks. I know Jet2 have problems with their fleet sometimes, but at least they tend to go in the end. Just thought that advert in the MEN tonight was a bit cheeky.:E

Flightrider
15th Jul 2010, 15:15
I can't speak for what happens at Manchester, but if easyJet are seriously claiming that their average fleet age means they are more reliable, the dreadful performance at Gatwick strongly suggests otherwise.

BA's 737s are an average of 18 years old
easyJet's fleet average age is 3.7 years old (so they say)

You were three and a half times more likely to be delayed flying with easyJet from Gatwick than with BA over the last two months. And if you were delayed, the delay with easyJet would be on average three times longer than BA.

easyJet ought to be hanging its corporate head with shame at the current performance. A modern fleet does not lead to good punctuality if incompetently managed.

pwalhx
15th Jul 2010, 15:16
That is the whole point of advertising to get your attention and it obviously did, so whether you agree with the sentiment or not it worked.

That is where Mr. O'Leary is very good with his PR/Advertising, say something outrageous like we will charge for the toilet and see how much free publicity you get.

Silvertop
15th Jul 2010, 19:55
I don't think there have been any compulsory redundancies at easy, redeployments to other bases yes, crew shortages yes but redundancies no.

Cheers Silvertop

MancRy
15th Jul 2010, 20:43
SASfox, I can't see the crew shortage being the reason for the MAN-GVA cancellations. Ironically, LPL is now over crewed due to the wet lease and the cancellation in these instances is probably the crew timing out due to the ATC delays. Picking up slot delays on many of the 4 sectors (LPL-GVA-MAN-GVA-MAN) can really throw a spanner in the works i imagine.

IB4138
15th Jul 2010, 21:08
The wet leased 757 has now moved from LPL to LGW.

ReallyAnnoyed
15th Jul 2010, 21:42
There is NO base in easyJet which is overcrewed! The staff levels are way below the required numbers and this is all due to our operations director. Perhaps the media should start taking an interest in how grossly incompetent some managers are.

There have been no redundancies in easyJet. However, we haven't hired new people to make up for growth and attrition, thus we are in this year 2006 copy. Well done, mr. operations director.

The fleet age is as advertised.

Mr A Tis
16th Jul 2010, 07:48
All jet 2 need to do is get some stats on cancellations. Then they can advertise RED X% cancelled flights vs ORANGE X% cancelled flights.
Now that would really would be a good advert.

MancRy
16th Jul 2010, 08:17
Over the last 5 weeks lpl has been other crewed due to 757. Anecdotally, many crew at lplhave had a quieter than normal month.

Redundancies have been made in relatively small numbers, notably at NCL.
Now I am under no illusions that the crew shortage is a big and real challenge and that our ops director needs to be held to account but blaming every delay on crewing issues is a non starter. Whilst I have heard of some real nightmares across the network, i have not had a flight delayed by crew shortage for months. I have instead had plenty delayed due to slots, mainly due to french ATc strikes, spanish ATC work to rule and general strikes in Greece.

I am in no way an apologist re: crew situation, I'm as angry as everyone else but I am also able to look at the facts and past the hysteria. In other words, not every delay is due to crew shortage.

lurkio
16th Jul 2010, 08:53
Crew shortages is just one of the many reasons that their house of cards is slowly toppling. They reduce block times to cram more into a day and then reduce CI to make the flight slightly slower. The turnrounds are as short as they can get them so no room there. Add onto that the CTOT restrictions caused by capacity restrictions in certain sectors (playing by the rules not industrial action) and then there is just not enough give in the system to accommodate even slight delays. As a final item (for now) they have alienated the workforce by renaging (sp) on and generally ignoring agreements so where is the incentive for the crews to push themselves beyong the limit. A lot of people are running on empty now and we have not even hit peak summer and with no-one to replace them we have are just going full circle.

If all the elements of their plan (!) line up then the system works but if one or two are out then something has to give and it ends up with the passenger being inconvenienced. This is not what any of us wants but the blinkered attitude of the reduce costs above all else brigade in Luton has brought us to this point and they seem clueless as to how to get us out of this mess.

Topswiss01
16th Jul 2010, 11:47
It's obviously that the DRS-BSL link doesn't fit to their strategy.

I wouldn't say so. Obviously easyJet registered many Passengers from the Dresden region on the SXF-BSL flights.

Also, don't forget that in the last few years thousands of Germans immigrated to Switzerland, many of them from the former Eastern part of the country. These immigrants are usually well educated with a not so bad salary.

Keep in mind that Basel airport is only a few miles away from the German border, so the new flights also serve "domestic" South Germany-Dresden passengers.

Jet A1
16th Jul 2010, 13:43
LPL is certainly not over crewed. Many Captains hitting 900 hours meaning people being drafted in from all over the place. F/O's hitting duty hour limits due to the ability to work them to death on the flexi contracts. It's a mess but unlike anything seen at any other EZY base.

The 757 went back to LGW 3 weeks ago. It was of little use as there were significant technical issues which caused more hassle than it was worth - especially fitting 200+ pax onto a spare A319.

The problem at GVA is the night curfew. GVA are running zero tolerance for anyone hoping to leave after the time. If there is a delay Ops try to plan MAN-LYS-LPL but on most occasions this is not a workable solution as the aircraft and crew will get stuck in LYS due crew hours.

mrloop
17th Jul 2010, 04:52
Some more data points in a dismal picture: yesterdays 18:15 LGW-HAM EZY5345 cancelled ten minutes before boarding. General chaos but overnight in Mercure provided - hotel staff said that this was the fourth cancellation they had dealt with this week. Another pax said that this was her third cancelled flight with EZY in three weeks. One of the more irrititating aspects is that re-booking has to be done over the internet which led to long queues at the hotel internet stations (luckily I have netbook with me)

Now on the bus to LHR for an expensive one-way with BA - we'll see how the compensation turns out...

Mr A Tis
17th Jul 2010, 08:54
Oh dear, it confirms my decision to no longer book on EZY. Also in the process of taking action to recover loses from my own last minute cancellation experience.
What a great shame, I used to love EZY.

DSAFLYER
17th Jul 2010, 16:05
Just joined this this site,

I love flying Easyjet, I never have had a bad experience with them, either flying from EMA and now DSA. Always on time, clean and modern aircraft with very friendly crews. (TCX take note)

I very much want them to suceed at DSA, I just wish they would get there act together on the winter routes.

As for LS and LBA, would never fly from LBA or with LS again due to very poor customer service.

EZY theres a huge market awaiting you at DSA with South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and North Nottinghamshire.:ok:

jaypla
17th Jul 2010, 23:13
Saturday many cancellations in Berlin, big articles in Berlin about too few pilots and angry passengers at SXF. Especially in Berlin we had many cancellations, I´m sad that easyjet is getting a bad reputation, but I have to admit that they´re getting worse and worse.

Hull City AFC
17th Jul 2010, 23:30
Is there any new news on what easyJet are planning at Doncaster after Christmas?.

Mister Geezer
18th Jul 2010, 10:22
In the grand scheme of things, the number of cancellations are a mere drop in the ocean. When taking a step back and looking at the whole operation, one needs to bear in mind the size of the flying program. CFMU reveals that there are 1086 flight plans filed today with an EZY callsign. Even if 10 flights were cancelled then that just represents 1% of the whole network.

As an aside, there was a Air Italy B763 operating for easyJet out of LGW yesterday. Are we going to see more ACMI aircraft being drafted in over the summer???

Jamie2k9
18th Jul 2010, 10:39
Why don't Ryanair cancel many flights??

Yesterday in Dublin Airport all Ryanair flights were delayed.

Some flights were delayed between 40mins & 1 hour but a lot had between 3 hour & 4 hour delayes and not one of them was canelled.

Ryanair ioperate more flights than EZY and carres more passengers and they have very few cacelled flights.

London Gatwick - Toulouse was another one of EZY cancelled flights yesterday.

Mr A Tis
18th Jul 2010, 10:45
Looking at the EZY website's flight departure checker for today, it is showing 23 flight cancellations.
Is that good or bad ? & how does it compare to other operators for today?

Jamie2k9
18th Jul 2010, 10:47
So far today Ryanair have no cancelled flights.

ReallyAnnoyed
18th Jul 2010, 10:50
RyanAir has enough crew and the employees are afraid of their management. That's why they don't cancel nearly as often.

Jamie2k9
18th Jul 2010, 11:01
If your going to run an airline you need crew to fly the a/c. EZY should have enough crew to fly all routes. Cancelling 23 flights today can't be justified.

Ringwayman
18th Jul 2010, 12:15
FR cancelling whole reams of flights when other airlines are operating can't be justified either. Remember the end of the ash cloud scenario? Or the occasions when FR have diverted and the aircraft has departed back to it's destination without waiting for passengers to be bussed over thereby "cancelling" the flight.

Jamie2k9
18th Jul 2010, 12:22
The Ach Cloud has nothing to do with it all airlines in Europe had to cancel flights.

If the aircraft diverted it was for a good reason and mabye it couldn't depart for the destination it was due to go for the same reasons it had to divert in the first place.

I sure EZY done the same thing. THe Ash Cloud was totaly different and why are there 23 flights cancelled today when there is no Ash Cloud???