PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

old-timer
16th Jun 2011, 11:28
:ok:

Personally I think this is great news as I've always loved the place but then I'm biased as I learnt to fly there.

Way to go SEN - it'll bring more jobs to the area too which can only be good.:D

For the detractors remember there's still LOADS of lovely green areas left in Essex - head out to the countryside and enjoy ;)

Noxegon
16th Jun 2011, 11:36
You forgot London Manston...

Flying Flowerbulb
16th Jun 2011, 11:48
And let's not forget the S/E corner with "London-Ashford-Lydd" Airport

London Ashford Airport - Offering Airlines, Passengers, Visitors the right services and location. (http://www.lydd-airport.co.uk/)

WHBM
16th Jun 2011, 11:49
True, it's a bit of a stretch to call it London, but on the other hand, the train times into London are similar to Stansted - and if you are going to the Olympics at Stratford, Southend will be faster.
It is surely not part of any commercial development plan to base future traffic potential on a SINGLE two-week event, which is what the Olympics are

Likewise the train time to London. Southend supporters have made all sorts of equality comparisons with Stansted on this, but by the novel (to them) approach of actually looking at the train timetable, I get the following daytime figures. Stansted most are 46 minutes, Southend most are 53 minutes.

The first train out of London Liverpool Street is at 0528, arriving Southend airport station at 0632 (so that's 64 minutes). GIven check-in times of 40 minutes minimum, and allowing time from the station to the desk, you can't use that for any departure before at least 0735. Easy at most bases have dispatched their "first wave" of based departures by that time, so the train will not be a practical option for any of the early flights. The same applies in reverse for typical arrival times back of the last flights of the day.

Chidken Sangwich
16th Jun 2011, 12:00
SEN Trains - have no fear, Stobart are going to convert some of their trucks into cattle class and run a high speed truck transfer services to move the masses...;)

This new base is just more dilution of the now saturated need for repeats of the same old destinations but from yet another different UK airport. This can only benefit the public (with lower fares), whilst hurting the operator (with diluted yield).

Crazy!

compton3bravo
16th Jun 2011, 12:08
I would hazard a guess that the 70 weekly flights scheduled to operate from Southend next April will be approximately the 70 weekly flights taken away from Stansted because it looks to me as though they are not going to be any new destinations just a rotation or two taken from the Stansted schedule. Plus of course it looks like the daily Munich flight from Stansted is going to operate from Luton from this winter - hinted at in the press release regarding the new Salzburg service.
Interesting discussion regarding the connecting train services and times. Although Luton does not have a station on site (short bus ride) - you can get to the airport 24 hours per day by train - that is if you wish to do so!

Falcon666
16th Jun 2011, 13:23
Stn-Muc i believe is twice daily so may not be a complete transfer to Ltn if in fact it is true.

fjencl
16th Jun 2011, 13:39
It will be interesting to hear if many of the flight deck and cabin staff will transfer to working at SEN airport instead of staying at STN.

I guess it just depends on the distance they live from both airports i suppose.

racedo
16th Jun 2011, 13:44
Will Easy Jet rebrand themselves as Essex Jet ? :p

or use slogans like

Fly from SEN as we put the Easy into Essex Girls :p

pwalhx
16th Jun 2011, 15:00
Does that imply Easyjet are closing all their other bases and operating solely from Essex?

Aero Mad
16th Jun 2011, 15:33
racedo, forget the ideas of a rebrand; they're unrealistic. However, a new slogan 'The Only Way is Essex' might go a long way.

Sorry, someone had to say it :O

Code 100
16th Jun 2011, 16:04
How about EaSySEX?

racedo
16th Jun 2011, 16:07
Code 100

You Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad

shamrock7seal
17th Jun 2011, 07:52
enough of this childish nonsense. a'hem.

I'm very impressed that easyJet has seen the viability in SEN, it shows initiative and vision. Something missing from some other LCC's at the moment and something we haven't seen for a long while. This isn't a BHD base with a copy cat splattering of routes, hoping it will work. This is a measured risk and im sure it will pay off. The potential of SEN to capture a chunk of the London catchment is great and should put the fearof god into London City airport who pride themselves on ripping everyone off as there is no other option for east Londoners/Essex catchments.

Skipness One Echo
17th Jun 2011, 10:45
The potential of SEN to capture a chunk of the London catchment is great and should put the fearof god into London City airport who pride themselves on ripping everyone off as there is no other option for east Londoners/Essex catchments.

That's really not the case. There are only a smattering of "sun" routes at LCY and they are not really in the same space as SEN are going for. I think you are comparing apples and pears by looking to LCY, they are really more going after the STN model.

LGS6753
17th Jun 2011, 11:18
According to an interview with Ms McCall, three aircraft will be moved from STN to SEN along with up to 150 crew.
So it looks as though Stansted will see a reduction in EasyJet operations from next spring, whether or not flights are also transferred from Luton.
She also mentioned that they have a good deal from SEN, and the cost per passenger is very low.

WHBM
17th Jun 2011, 12:11
The potential of SEN to capture a chunk of the London catchment is great and should put the fearof god into London City airport who pride themselves on ripping everyone off as there is no other option for east Londoners/Essex catchments.
Not so. For East London, and indeed much of Essex, Stansted will continue to be quicker and easier to get to by road up the M11, yet the substantial growth there in recent years doesn't really seem to have impacted City that much.

jdcg
17th Jun 2011, 14:29
Couldn't agree more. LCY caters for the richer folk living this side of London, even on bucket and spade routes, who don't want the STN - FR / EZY experience and can afford the premium.
STN remains much easier to get to than SEN. The A12 out of London is often a nightmare and the train takes longer than to STN. If EZY gets the fares right though it could be fine. I'd try it for the novelty value alone and the fact that it'll be quieter than STN. And anywhere but Luton I'm afraid.

Nubrawarriors
17th Jun 2011, 14:43
Stansted express 46 mins, Liverpool street to Southend Airport around 50 mins. Not much in it really. Bet you can get to the plane quicker at Southend. Bet you can get to the station quicker from the plane at Southend!!

My house to terminal 5 mins. Easy.

Regards Phil

fjencl
17th Jun 2011, 15:02
Maybe the train operating company will be able to add a new service where it will stop
at very few train stations along the route, making it faster and shaving a few more mins of the
journey time to SEN Airport.

Who knows if this will be possible or not.

racedo
17th Jun 2011, 15:04
My house to terminal 5 mins. Easy.

Only of use if they flying to where you want to go.

Nubrawarriors
17th Jun 2011, 15:38
true. But ten is better than none.

Regards Phil

daz211
17th Jun 2011, 17:46
Trains !

There is only a few mins in it WRONG !
The train station at Stansted is under the terminal and the trains I understand are every 15min.

The train station at Southend is how far in the wind and rain ?

Nubrawarriors
17th Jun 2011, 18:00
under 100 metres I would say. Probably a 2 minute walk, unless of course you are wind and rain assisted, which means probably under one minute.

Regards Phil

Red Four
17th Jun 2011, 18:14
DAZ211 - have you done your research about what is on offer at Southend at all? There are between 2 trains an hour (off-peak) and 7 an hour (peak) between Southend airport station and Liverpool Street. Not greatly different than at Stansted on average I suspect, but bound to be cheaper.

I think I heard that it was 50 something strides from Southend station to the terminal, and it will be a covered walkway too. Station staff are employed by Stobart also, which means that it is all done by the same team. I know which of the two I would choose to travel from given the choice, small and friendly or not so small and friendly.

daz211
17th Jun 2011, 18:23
The point is covered walk way or not its gonna be cold wet and windy.

Barling Magna
17th Jun 2011, 19:26
Cold, wet and windy in Southend-on-Sea? Come off it. That's the Essex Riviera you're talking about.

SEN will go from strength to strength, I'm sure. Little effect on STN - but if there is, just look on it as clawing back the flights and jobs which went to STN back in 1970 when Channel AW moved there......

smallpilot
17th Jun 2011, 21:59
Daz, its literally 50 yds station to terminal. My 75 year old mum can do it in under a minute. You either dont know the geography at SEN or youre mischief-making!
One other thing... the fares on stansted express are extortionate, SEN-Liverpool St will be half the price. A lot of people on low-cost airlines are on tight budgets so this will be another factor in their overall costs to fly.
Well done to SEN and EZY for this. As someone who lives in the town and flies from the airport I think this is the best news. Good luck to all.

LTNman
18th Jun 2011, 00:26
Luton does OK with its station a mile away so Southend has a big advantage at less the 100m. The issue will be the lack of trains through the night and early morning.

It's 01:20 in the morning at the moment. In the next hour there are 2 departures and 3 arrivals from London

01:22 Bedford On time Details
01:28 London St Pancras International On time Details
01:52 Bedford On time Details
02:18 Bedford On time Details
02:28 London St Pancras International On time

Trains to Stansted in the next hour

01:30 London Liverpool Street On time Details

Southend there is nothing.

If you are an easyjet passenger how are you meant to get to Southend for a departure before 07:15 when the first train from London does not arrive until 06:32?

Barling Magna
18th Jun 2011, 08:32
It's a leisurely one minute stroll from the station to the terminal. I suppose it just might be possible - it's very difficult I know - for the rail company to put on earlier and later trains....? And what's all this about wind and rain? This is the Essex Riviera you're talking about - the rain this week was the first for four months.

STN won't be affected too greatly by the growth of SEN, but, even if it is, just look back one last time and see it as returning the flights and jobs which moved from SEN to STN when Channel AW moved in 1970.

Much of the passenger numbers will come from Europe using SEN as a convenient London terminal, but don't disregard the local catchment. There's a quarter of a million people within a short distance of SEN and they will be a useful addition to the load factors. STN remains in a rather less densely populated area of the county.

Good luck to SEN and EZY - they will be a highly successful partnership, I'm sure.

mikkie4
18th Jun 2011, 20:56
easy jet run a coach service from london 2 stn, day and night,so it would be no problem for them to run a service from london 2 sen,if flights were to leave before 7.30 in the am

LGS6753
19th Jun 2011, 13:00
mikkie -

EasyJet don't run buses - you're confusing them with EasyBus (owned by Stelios). The EasyBus model has changed since it started and I think it's now linked with Green Line coaches.

Any routes will be decided by the bus operator, not the airline.

EISNN
19th Jun 2011, 14:58
Just in the last few minutes I've seen EZ land into DUB. Diversion or is there a new service that hasn't been announced? Hope it's a new service but chances are slim I guess.

delta154
19th Jun 2011, 17:57
I think its in for maintenance. Im sure I read somewhere that a DUB company won the contract to maintain something in the tailplane (or something like that)

Jamie2k9
19th Jun 2011, 18:07
Most of EZY A319 landing gear maintenance is done in DUB.

ELondonPax
20th Jun 2011, 12:13
Train fares from Liverpool Street
Stansted £21 single
Southend £14.30 single

(I used Prittlewell as illustration for Southend fare, as the price to the airport station hasn't been loaded into the railway ticket pricing system yet).

As to early morning service. It isn't beyond the bounds of possibility for the train operator* to adjust the schedule. I'm sure there used to be an earlier train (first job was in Essex, remember having to do stupdily early start some days).
* Now that Dept for Transport micro manage the railways, maybe it is impossible for the train operator to adjust the schedule....

Skipness One Echo
20th Jun 2011, 13:09
Stansted £21 single

Stansted Mountfitchet is a fraction of that and sits 5 mins from the boundary fence. That whole shoddy operation has been a major rip off for years. Competition my backside!

daz211
20th Jun 2011, 13:22
Stansted has a train service to and from the Airport, terminal to terminal meaning if you get the train from Stansted or London you will get a seat on a train with plenty of room for your bags on new state of the art trains designed for travel to and from the Airport with wifi, You can evn get trains to Stratford, Cambridge and Birmingham.
There are also coaches operated by many companies who have many services from London and other UK cities to the large coach station at the Airport.

What will you get at Southend ? A packed commuter train where you will struggle to get a seat at peak times or a train full of hoodies going to and from Southend to play on the slots and get Pi**ed. :}.

Nubrawarriors
20th Jun 2011, 13:28
Trains starting at Southend Victoria will have plenty of room on them by the time they get to Southend Airport which will be the second stop on the line. Those coming from London should be OK until the afternoon rush.

FYI most of the hoodies probably walk to the seafront after they have been to the post office in the high street to get their cash

You should really control your anti Southend sentiments. I notice you come from Colchester, whats so special about that?

daz211
20th Jun 2011, 13:50
You should really control your anti Southend sentiments !!!!!!

I think you will find my first post on here or the southend thread was to say well done, congratulations and good luck to both Southend and Easyjet.

So what the :mad: you going on about ?
I am only saying that you cant Look at what Southend has or might have to offer and put it along side Stansted, Southend will never be anything like or offer anything like Stansted.

You best get use to people saying things that you do not want to hear on this thread, Its the joys of having an Airport you like to shout about but everyone dont have to agree with you all the time.

I think you need to calm yourself down and take a stroll along the sea front to clear your head.

Nubrawarriors
20th Jun 2011, 13:55
I am calm.

Obviously you are not.

delta154
20th Jun 2011, 13:59
Can we quit these jibes at each other?

At the end of the day, a commercial decision has been made, and no amount of sniping is going to change that.

We just have to get used to the fact there is a 'new' London airport on the block, and just like every airport around London, its going to be looking for its share of the business. The sooner everyone gets used to that, the better and we can actually get on to easyjet news!

Expressflight
20th Jun 2011, 15:02
daz211

You ask "What will you get at Southend?" and that's a perfectly good question.

But you and some others seem to work on the assumption that what is there now is what will be there next April. The fact that there is not a very early morning train service from Liverpool Street today doesn't mean there won't be one by then and the same goes for coach services. Or are you seriously suggesting that both Easyjet and Stobart won't tackle any such current shortcomings?

daz211
20th Jun 2011, 16:34
Lets just wait and see, once again good luck to everyone and I hope it all goes to plan :ok: So what elso is going on in the big orange world ?

thebeehive
20th Jun 2011, 17:51
Remember most of EZYs STN operation was inherited from Go rather than grown by themselves

crewmeal
21st Jun 2011, 05:08
It would be nice to see Easy set up an operation at COV as BHX doesn't seem to feature in their forward planning.

Akrapovic
21st Jun 2011, 08:13
COV (CVT?) didn't exactly work for Thomson, so there's little chance it'll feature in easy's plans - besides, CVT is more Ryanair than easyJet in terms of low-cost airports - ie a few portakabins and an apron! London Coventry anyone?

cesare.caldi
21st Jun 2011, 18:44
Rumors report Easyjet will not open new Lisbon base due to start in October 2011 and officially announced in October 2010. Three A319 planned for Lisbon base now go to new London Southend base.

Zippy Monster
21st Jun 2011, 19:00
What "rumours" would these be and what is their source?

blueplatinum
21st Jun 2011, 19:00
London Coventry anyone?I can't see that, but I could see "Birmingham Coventry" if BXH became uneconomic.

mikkie4
21st Jun 2011, 19:01
does that mean there will be six planes based at southend,3from portugal and 3 from stansted

egnxema
21st Jun 2011, 20:41
daz211

just a note about the Stansted Express mate. I agree with you that the new trains are a big improvement, but as a regular traveller on the line, from both Liv St and Tot Hale - I assure you that there is no guarantee of a seat at peak times.

The service stops at Harlow Town or Bishop's Stortford as you know - and on most services after 1630 they are packed with commuters.

You ARE guaranteed a seat from Stortford to the terminal - so that's nice! :E

jpthomas72
22nd Jun 2011, 10:54
German media is reporting about a strike ballot currently held at Easyjet's SXF base:

Unbefristeter Streik bei Easyjet droht | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg (http://www.rbb-online.de/nachrichten/wirtschaft/2011_06/unbefristeter_streik.html)

Result to be announced next Monday. This is for unlimited (!) strike action. German union force for you. I hope to be save with not using a SXF-based plane to London (i.e. the 7:00 to LGW), but instead a LTN flight which I think are all LTN-based planes. My guess is that only about half of the flights from SXF are SXF-based planes. The strike shouldn't affect handling agents (GlobeGround Berlin).

jpthomas72
23rd Jun 2011, 13:26
It's a bit of an old topic, and I know the FRA WaitingList doesn't really mean anything, but just spotted that EZY got their wishes pretty much:

1230 A EZY8913 31OCT 23MAR 1234567 319 1305 LGW LGW J W1
1300 D EZY8914 31OCT 23MAR 1234567 319 1335 LGW LGW J W1
1800 A EZY8915 31OCT 23MAR 12345_7 319 1705 LGW LGW J W1
1830 D EZY8916 31OCT 23MAR 12345_7 319 1815 LGW LGW J W1

https://sws.fhkd.org (http://sws.fhkd.org)

With the new (landing) runway in operation this autumn, seems quite a sensible time to get a foot in the door at FRA. Mind you, BE cancelling BHX/MAN-FRA soon will leave an opening for them, e.g. MAN/LPL-FRA. FRA-GVA with EZS would be another obvious route, though surely LH would not like FRA to allow that. It's one of LH's money-makers, ask the locals who endure 7-hour-train-rides.

EDIT: There's actually already a EZS request for summer 2012:

1835 A EZS3515 31OCT 23MAR 12345_7 319 1815 GVA GVA J S2
1905 D EZS3516 31OCT 23MAR 12345_7 319 1845 GVA GVA J S2

Again this could mean nothing, as in the past. But they haven't applied for all kind of routes (e.g. MXP) like in the past, just those two. I've dragged-out this article about FRA considering EZY after the new runway opens (put it into the auto-translator of your choice):

Fraport in Verhandlungen mit easyJet: Frankfurter Flughafen zeigt sich offen für Billigflieger | RP ONLINE (http://www.rp-online.de/wirtschaft/news/unternehmen/Frankfurter-Flughafen-zeigt-sich-offen-fuer-Billigflieger_aid_754060.html)

Flugreisen: Frankfurter Flughafen setzt stärker auf Billigflieger - Nachrichten Wirtschaft - WELT ONLINE (http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article4468246/Frankfurter-Flughafen-setzt-staerker-auf-Billigflieger.html)

pabely
24th Jun 2011, 15:54
Who would like to speculate about EZY future fleet plans.......?
With Airbus taking 2 years worth of NEO orders at Paris should EZY making MOU now, the 321NEO is very much like a 757 so would push them futher into Africa & Eastern Europe but on thinner short haul might they be considering another airframe?

TSR2
25th Jun 2011, 12:45
Congratulations to easyjet on winning the Best Low-Cost Airline in Europe award for 2011.

daz211
25th Jun 2011, 12:57
Yes congratulations !
Just need to work on your time keeping :ok:.

easyflyer83
26th Jun 2011, 06:12
Not to sound defensive here but OTP is now very good.

jpthomas72
28th Jun 2011, 11:06
An update on the EZY at SXF industrial action situation: Union member voted overwhelmingly (94%) for strike action which is expected to start next Monday (4th July), just for the holiday season:

Easyjet: In Schönefeld droht Streik zum Ferienbeginn - Brandenburg - Berlin - Tagesspiegel (http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/brandenburg/in-schoenefeld-droht-streik-zum-ferienbeginn/4330076.html)

The article says flight attendants earn some 20% less than at AB. Well, seen AB's recent profit numbers ? They get massive support from regional politics (at DUS, NUE and TXL), and still make no profit. AB survives on size ('too big to fail'), personal connections of its boss, and some people just not wanting LH to completely monopolise the German market. Compared to FR working conditions, and maybe even 4U, working for EZY can't be that bad. Berlin's job market is really weak, many esp young people work for nearly nothing. We'll see. The worst-case scenario would be the end of based jets at SXF (just like they did with DTM and EMA). I think roughly half of EZY's SXF flights are SXF-based jets. NB My impression is that people move away from self-organised holidays with budget airline flights back into the safety of package deals as offered by TUI, ThomasCook etc. A big EZY strike will clearly increase that trend for Berlin.

At least the residents around Admiralbruecke can enjoy the strike days: Finally a bit less noise from the hostel guests ! :}

http://www.welt.de/reise/article13374155/High-sein-frei-sein-Laermterror-muss-dabei-sein.html

easyflyer83
28th Jun 2011, 11:34
I work for Easyjet and i'm not fully up to date with what the real issues are in SXF. I do know that they are seeking a very hefty pay rise. Morale at Easyjet is slowly improving but it's been a hard couple of years. The ironic thing is that from a UK crews point of view, pay has never really been the main issue. In fact, in the UK pay is amongst the best in the industry when taking into account your final end of year pay. (i.e basic+sector pay+commission). The crew based in Italy are on even more so I'm not sure what the pay suituation is in SXF.

ReallyAnnoyed
28th Jun 2011, 18:39
You should know better than to believe anything TM sends out, easyflyer83. A very hefty payrise is most definitely not being asked for, but this is not a discussion for the airline forum anyway.

Jamie2k9
29th Jun 2011, 00:00
Cabin Crew plan to strike for 48 hours in July.
Easyjet cabin crew strike could cause disruption at Toulouse - 28 June 2011 - Guide2Midi Pyrenees News (http://www.guide2midipyrenees.com/news/600/Easyjet-cabin-crew-strike-could-cause-disruption-at-Toulouse)

Rumors report Easyjet will not open new Lisbon base due to start in October 2011 and officially announced in October 2010.

EZY confirmed that it will open this October last week.

mikkie4
29th Jun 2011, 00:14
does this mean that southend will not get the three jets that were to come from lisbon for their start up in april?

tangarizie
29th Jun 2011, 09:57
Guys,

Two weeks ago, the CEO of Easyjet said that Lisbon base will open as soon as the Terminal 2 is ready to support the company, which is scheduled to the beginning of 2012.

you.wish
1st Jul 2011, 11:54
Ok, so Lisboa is next. I've read somewhere that easyJet is also thinking of opening up bases in Cph, BCN and AMS. In fact that it was likely to be any of them if not Lisboa. Is this likely to happen in the near future? Southend took me by surprise as I thought that easyJet already had a strong enough position in the London area. If you look at the routemap, easyJet have a strong presence in the west and south parts of Europe. Will expansion come to a halt before easyJet tries make all of Europe orange? How does the orderbook of a/c's look?

Cheers

BHX5DME
1st Jul 2011, 12:23
BHX need EasyJet to set up a base, the airline no longer serve the Midlands apert from GVA & GNB during the Winter.

Lots ot of routes unserved, excellent transport links (railway, motorways etc).

Massive catchment.

Why are they not interested ?

jpthomas72
1st Jul 2011, 16:23
Come on, BHX5DME (http://www.pprune.org/members/198813-bhx5dme)... This has been discussed for years in the BHX forum. Ain't going to happen. You mention one thing already: Our railway link (West Coast) to London is too good these days (85min to Euston). And you think the M5 and M6 are excellent motorways, really, when, at 2am ? And BHX's management is not the brightest. But mostly, EZY is very big at LPL, MAN, LTN and BRS, while we at BHX can't even feed WW and BE properly with passengers. You want a BHX-BER on a A139 (!) when even BE's FRA has been stopped ? Get real... BHX's catchment area actually is much smaller than you think, people are turning their back to it.

j636
1st Jul 2011, 16:27
MAN - but for how long more? Watch the space.

delta154
1st Jul 2011, 16:39
MAN - but for how long more? Watch the space

Erm, considering they have just signed a new deal for up to 2015 at MAN, and the fact based unit number 7 has just been announced, do you mind telling me your basis for the above statement?

easyflyer83
1st Jul 2011, 17:04
MAN - but for how long more? Watch the space.

Hilarious. New routes, 6th aircraft arrived in May, number 7 early next year. That doesn't happen to a condemned base. Not least when competition between bases for additional aircraft is so strong within Easyjet these days.

EZY will move to T1 aswell in November as T3 can't cope with Easyjet expansion.

OltonPete
1st Jul 2011, 17:56
jpthomas72

Some strange examples used - flybe to Frankfurt is competing with major International airline with four frequencies everyday and to a massive hub but
Berlin would be competing with Ryanair at EMA only or at push easy at LTN.

Also flybe had two weekday frequencies on a Q400, which on a good day was serviceable and it was all geared to the UK based passenger with very
little code-share feed at Frankfurt (Qantas?). The only surprising aspect is that it lasted so long.

Catchment Area - not quite sure what you mean by your statement. Isn't it clearly defined as the number of people living with a certain radius? If so, it is big and most seem to agree that BHX only gets a 40% share. Although I agree that the proximity of London & Manchester is a major factor but not insurmountable.

The easy way (no pun) to improve on 40% would be get direct services to places where people want to go and easyjet seem to able to give an airport this option (see Manchester) but if the airport bean-counters are happy with their lot and won't make any short-term concessions on fees, then that is fine if it fits into a well defined long-term strategy (dubious?).

If they have made concessions and easy still are not interested then
that is that but very frustrating for us in Midlands when comparing to other airports although I realise it is never as simple as that but I would love to know the nature of past discussions between easy and BHX.

Pete

LGS6753
12th Jul 2011, 18:11
Sky News reporting renewed hostilities between Stelios and the EZY board about fleet size. Stelios wants a fleet reduction and cash returned to shareholders (he holds 38% of the shares IIRC)

toledoashley
12th Jul 2011, 18:27
Time for a buyout, and to go thier own way? Carolyn seems well suited to the role - sorting out lots of problems.

befree
13th Jul 2011, 07:33
Stelios wants a fleet reduction and cash returned to shareholders (he holds 38% of the shares IIRC)

A small fleet reduction could make the airline more profitable and need a lot less capital. Easyjet is looking at running on 204 planes. Not all routes will make the same profit and some will be marginal. As the oil price is likely to be high for some time (unless we have a global melt down) it would be wiser to run with 170-190 planes. Then the firm does not need to pay for 14-34 planes.

pabely
13th Jul 2011, 08:54
As far as I hear it, EZY are looking at various senarios of fleet changes, some might suprise you.

easyflyer83
13th Jul 2011, 11:15
As far as I hear it, EZY are looking at various senarios of fleet changes, some might suprise you.

Care to elaborate?

paully
13th Jul 2011, 11:32
This is just the latest. Stelios has been banging on for some time,in the financial press, about returning more cash to shareholders (him being the largest) as he openly said he wanted to raise cash to `invest in more projects`...no doubt more failures like Cruise/Car/Cinema etc etc.

However the only entrepreneurly success he ever had, Easyjet, is being well run by the present management, which now just ignores his regular `teddy out of the cot` routine, and appears to wind him up. His views dont seem to find favour, in the financial press, either like they once did.

I`m afraid the expression` Busted Flush`comes to mind...shame because I liked the guy and he put low cost on the map but times move on eh...

FR-
22nd Jul 2011, 07:27
EASYJET INTERIM MANAGEMENT STATEMENT FOR THE QUARTER ENDED 30 JUNE 2011

Highlights (figures below are for the quarter ended 30 June 2011):

· Total revenue grew by 23.2% to £935 million

· Number of seats flown rose by 17.1% to 16.7 million, load factors improved by 0.2 percentage points to 86.3% and sector length declined by 1.6%. There was a 17.3% growth in passengers (8.8% growth excluding the impact of the 2010 volcano)

· Total revenue per seat grew by 5.2% to £56.02, up 4.6% on a constant currency basis. Passenger revenue grew 3 by 2.5% to £44.37 per seat as capacity investments made in F'10 and the first half of F'11 began to mature. Ancillary revenues grew strongly up 17.0% per seat to £11.65 as a result of management actions taken in the second quarter

· easyJet had £112 million of net cash as at 30 June 2011

· On Time Performance continues to improve and was above 80% for the network in the quarter

· Continued good progress in implementing the strategy outlined last November including the launch of a flexible fare on easyJet.com to enable our 'travelling on business' initiatives. The number of passengers travelling with easyJet on business in the quarter increased by 20%

· August is the important trading month for easyJet but with over 75% of summer seats now sold we expect at current fuel and exchange rates4 to deliver a pre-tax profit for the year ended 30 September 2011 of between £200 million and £230 million assuming normal conditions which approximates to a ROCE for the year of between 10% and 12%

Shed-on-a-Pole
22nd Jul 2011, 08:58
Well if Stelios isn't impressed by this progress he really needs to sell out his stake in the airline and move on.

pabely
22nd Jul 2011, 09:32
Care to elaborate?

It this point no, but if you read between the lines of what has happened with the recent AA orders, you might see what I have been told.

FR-
22nd Jul 2011, 10:38
Well if Stelios isn't impressed by this progress he really needs to sell out his stake in the airline and move on.

Maybe you should look at the share price back in november last year. Also do you have any idea what would happen to the share price and value of the company if he and his family did sell up. The share prices hence value of the company would :mad:up.
On the plus side the share price is up some 18%, which only makes up for the last weeks of sliding.
fr-

Shed-on-a-Pole
22nd Jul 2011, 15:21
FR-

I understand exactly what happens to share price and market cap when a major shareholder sells out. However, when irreconcilable differences are apparent between shareholder and board that can still represent the best course of action for both parties from a long-term perspective. Do you really believe that the long-running feud between Stelios and the company is not at least partially responsible for the disappointing share price action to date which you highlight? This is a boil which needs to be lanced despite the pain implied in the short term.

Of course, perhaps your personal sympathies are aligned with those shareholders and long-side traders whose interests are best served by short-term share price appreciation (followed by correction) rather than safeguarding the long term stability and prosperity of the company. I can see merit in that point of view with regard to those adversely affected by short term pain for long term gain. Having said that, there are ways for a large shareholder to negotiate a brokered deal for his exit when the underlying company is attractive (marketable) and well-managed; dumping shares into the open market is not the only course of action available in a situation like this.

Of course, an alternative explanation for your own stance might be that someone using the handle 'FR-' may have another reason for endorsing the prospect of a shrinking EasyJet!!! But that is another story ...

SHED.

capnbirdseye
22nd Jul 2011, 20:09
Hi all, first post here, i've been lurking for a while though :cool:

I work in the rail industry and follow a roster working different routes each day. I wondered how easyjet do this with pilots? Does anyone know how it's decided what flights a pilot will do? Does he always return to his home base? Also, more specifically how do the smaller airport flights such as Bristol and Leeds/Bradford work? Do pilots based at a larger airport do these flights sporadically or does every airport have it's own pilots?

Thank you! :)

easyflyer83
22nd Jul 2011, 20:26
Hi...i'm not an EZY pilot but EZY cabin crew but the principle is by and large, the same.

BRS is a crew base so operations out of there are by BRS based crew apart from the odd flight they may operate in from another Easyjet crew base. LBA meanwhile isn't a crew base and the GVA flight is operated by LPL crew.

Rosters are usually built around the amount of hours that a particular has for any given period. The 900 hours a year limit is a rolling year and within that are other regulations that the roster must abide by.

The vast majority of time, crew will be home each night. However, there are scheduled nightstops across the network. For example, LGW crew stay in Barcelona, Luton have nightstops in Dortmund and Madrid in lisbon. Crew also have periods where they work out of base which neccesitates nightstops. Where you are based depends on the propensity for this to happen. LGW crew do a lot of this as they are well connected to other bases.

capnbirdseye
22nd Jul 2011, 20:52
Thanks easyflyer! Do (for instance) Liverpool crews ever fly any Manchester routes if there is a shortage of crew? I find it most odd that Manchester crews weren't picked for the LBA flights!

Thanks again :)

MerchantVenturer
22nd Jul 2011, 21:52
Does he always return to his home base? Also, more specifically how do the smaller airport flights such as Bristol and Leeds/Bradford work?

Bristol is actually one of easyJet's largest UK non-London bases, if not the largest, with eleven Airbuses based there in peak summer - ten during the rest of the year.

easyflyer83
23rd Jul 2011, 03:40
Thanks easyflyer! Do (for instance) Liverpool crews ever fly any Manchester routes if there is a shortage of crew? I find it most odd that Manchester crews weren't picked for the LBA flights!

Nothing odd about it really. LPL have had an extra aircraft that EZY have, to be frank, wondered what to do with and so using it into LBA is a no brainer. MAN is an expanding base still in relative infancy and so operating into Leeds reduces that expansion ability somewhat. LPL used to operate the DSA flights which involved some positioning by taxi and nightstop but again they had the extra aircraft to operate these with. Additionally the LBA flights are operated as a "W Pattern" (LPL-GVA-LBA-GVA-LPL) with the same crew. The MAN-GVA is in fact also mainly operated by LPL on a similar basis.......a practice that will change in favour of a MAN based unit for the coming Winter.

LPL crews do operate "out of base" in MAN when required and vice versa for MAN crews.

EI-BUD
24th Jul 2011, 20:28
Southend Routes should be on sale by Tuesday / Wednesday I am told..

mikkie4
25th Jul 2011, 21:55
watched ezy 8001 arrive at sen today,young people were holding flags of the destinations,belfast,amsterdam,alicante,malaga,palma,and a german one i could not see,plus the routes we already know,ibiza,barcelona,and faro,there may be a few more ,but we will have to see wot happens tomorrow, flew out as ezy 8002

Red Four
25th Jul 2011, 22:05
That's funny, I thought this wasn't due out until tomorrow.....Air Transport News (http://www.airtransportnews.aero/article.pl?id=31271)

A good range of useful destinations in there. Amsterdam will give KLM's range of Inter-continental service without the nause of travelling to the other London airports first.

david1994
25th Jul 2011, 22:14
EZY8001 arrived at SEN from LTN today:

A319-111-CFM56-5B5/3-TI - MSN3735 - G-EZDU - PERF FACTOR +1.4
EGGW/LTN | CO RTE LTNSEN1
STD 1200Z | ALTN EGSS
FLT NBR | EZY8001

EGMC/SEN
STA 1300Z
CRZ FL FL80

EZY8002 then departed for LTN again 2hrs later:

A319-111-CFM56-5B5/3-TI - MSN3735 - G-EZDU - PERF FACTOR +1.4

EGMC/SEN |CO RTE MCT
STD 1500Z | ALTN EGSS
FLT NBR | EZY8002

EGGW/LTN
STA 1600Z
CRZ FL140

BHD2BFS
25th Jul 2011, 22:18
maybe they will launch prague and berlin from belfast tomorrow aswell :) we really need it lol

Seljuk22
26th Jul 2011, 16:54
Flights from SEN on sale now.

AMS, BFS each 2 daily
ALC, BCN, FAO, AGP each daily
PMI 4 weekly
IBZ 3 weekly

Falcon666
26th Jul 2011, 18:08
Anybody know if the press release for the LTN-SZG winter flights, in which they added at the bottom of the release that there was a flight a day to MUC was an error on Easyjets behalf or will actually happen?

I ask as there was speculation the STN-MUC flights might be moved but it appears on the early release of summer 2012 that they will still operate.

cesare.caldi
26th Jul 2011, 20:46
Easyjet has announced 10 new route from SEN. Now are one sale 8 new route, so probably 2 new route will be announced soon.

mikkie4
29th Jul 2011, 21:11
according to a national newspaer flights from sen are outselling stn on like for like destinations by 3 to 1,maybe easy could send a few more planes to sen

CabinCrewe
29th Jul 2011, 21:22
The remaining "new" routes i expect will be Glasgow and Edinburgh

LTNman
29th Jul 2011, 22:08
according to a national newspaer flights from sen are outselling stn on like for like destinations by 3 to 1,maybe easy could send a few more planes to sen

Probably due to give away fares

Red Four
29th Jul 2011, 22:39
The low-cost model is that prices are low to start with, until bookings come in, then they start to rise as the aircraft fills up (as I'm sure LTNman knows).

From one website re-the SEN flights: "departing southend to alicante thu 5 april return 12 april lowest fare £124.98!! compare that to £86.98 from stanstead." (I haven't checked them myself though). I'm sure there are still some cheaper ones around though.

And, yes, I'm sure the novelty value coupled with the initial marketing has greatly helped these SEN sales, but I'm sure that the attractive product being offered by SEN also helps.

brian_dromey
30th Jul 2011, 11:25
It's going to be an interesting one. Im not sure that STN has ever been a real priority for easyJet, being inherited from GO, it was useful to provide more LON coverage that LTN could do on its own. But LGW was coming into favour and expanding at the time. There is strong competition from FR too, these days. Can't help but wonder if easyJet are looking for alternatives to their STN operation?

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Jul 2011, 22:01
A few days ago I was talking to manager of one of the ground handling company's in Dublin and they said that EZY were considering returning to DUB with flights to Basel. Personally think its highly un lightly but what would be the chances if it was to happon. He did say a 4 weekly service possibly from December.

EI-BUD
30th Jul 2011, 23:24
EI-EIDW
Did you mean easyjet considering return to the republic of Ireland rather than Dublin, as they never did fly to Dublin on Schedule (only came in from maintenance).

If any route to Southend is viable it has to be Dublin, given that the other London routes to Dublin are some of the busiest routes from the respective airports in terms of frequency and passenger numbers.

If Ryanair's 738 is definately too big for Southend operations Easyjet should do it, this is there golden opportunity to put Dublin on the map and at the same time have a certain protection from Ryanair coming on to it.

EI-BUD

JSCL
30th Jul 2011, 23:26
But alas it is potential Aer Arann (part stobart ownership) territory is the Irish routes.

EI-BUD
30th Jul 2011, 23:30
JSCL- yes you are correct there, but if Easyjet mentioned that they were serious about Southend/Dublin Aer Arann Regional would knock that on the head straight away I would say.

Jamie2k9
30th Jul 2011, 23:41
Aer Arann were supposed to do SEN - AMS. Don't see a base being announced . SEN have got EZY now and they wont care about RE now as EZY can delver a lot more passengers than Aer Arann.

Aer Arann would not be able to compete on London - Dublin market in terms of cost. All other carriers could offer cheaper fares than they would.

Would be great if EZY stated SEN - DUB.

globetrotter79
1st Aug 2011, 08:53
SEN have got EZY now and they wont care about RE now

I wouldn't bet on it!! True - the easyJet base is one hell of a coup for Stobart, but after having invested 2.5 million euro into Aer Arann last year, they sure as hell aren't going to ignore any further opportunities that RE might bring. I'd expect 2 or 3 x daily DUB-SEN soon.

blueplatinum
1st Aug 2011, 16:59
Does anyone know what days LGW-LPA will be operating for S12 please? Also any other plans to fly to LPA from other UK airports then? Thanks in advance.

Seljuk22
4th Aug 2011, 13:52
July 2011
Passengers: 5,427,112 +8.1% Load factor: 91.7% +0.8 pp
http://production.investis.com/rns_ip3_easyjet/rns/rns-item?id=4412385

More flights to TLV coming soon?
EasyJet considering TA-Paris route - Israel Travel, Ynetnews (http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4097426,00.html)

Skipness One Echo
4th Aug 2011, 14:01
EZY were considering returning to DUB with flights to Basel.

Ryaniar started a fares firestorm when EZY launched LGW-SNN / ORK / NOC as they saw it as an attack on their home turf when much of their profits came from UK-Ireland. easyJet Switzerland (EZS) isn't really on the same hot potato if they were to luianch BSL-DUB, however if EZY launched DUB-SEN all that would happen is FR would kick off another fares war on STN-DUB. It's not a business thing, it's kind personal.

jpthomas72
5th Aug 2011, 10:42
As this is a EZY station: Some more details now on the opening of BER (please use your prefered auto-translator):

Probelauf: Tausende Freiwillige testen neuen Flughafen in Schönefeld - Berlin - Tagesspiegel (http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/tausende-freiwillige-testen-neuen-flughafen-in-schoenefeld-/4466300.html)

So all of TXL will have moved, the last stage during the night of 2nd to 3rd June 2012. Including fire-engines, so no plane can take-off anymore at TXL then. Not so clear about operations at the old SXF terminal. E.g. EZY SXF-LTN is bookable for 3rd June 2012, but will it be the old or the new terminal ? That might cause some confusion. You can get from one to the other by S-Bahn, but it takes a while (25min incl walking ?). One might think that they will still use the current SXF terminal, as getting all of the former TXL operations working at BER is tricky enough. ATC surely then will be already have moved to the BER tower (or is it even there already ?).
Speaking of ATC: Germany's ATC union is still threatening a strike (which was prohibited by a court last Thursday), the issues are far from resolved.

you.wish
16th Aug 2011, 09:44
Hello. Can anybody tell me how many aircraft easyJet have based at each airport for the summer 2011 season? Also, any rumours regarding new bases for next year would be much appreciated? BCN, CPH and AMS have all been mentioned before, but which one is the most likely open after Southend and LIS?

thanks

daz211
17th Aug 2011, 19:37
Sorry just a quick question on speedy boarding...
I have friends traveling from MAN to PMI, they are a family of x4, 2 adults and 2 children ... My question is, do they need to buy 4x speedy boarding or just 1 or 2 for the adults ???

dwlpl
17th Aug 2011, 20:14
If the children are younger than 13 then the group will be in the first set of boarders and the party would not need SB.

daz211
17th Aug 2011, 20:27
Thanks for that...
So do family's board before speedy boarders ?
I will tell them not to bother with speedy, Thanks again for the info :ok:.

dwlpl
17th Aug 2011, 20:35
Looking at the official wording below it depends on one of the children being 5, not 13, and under.

'We board you in the following order:-

Speedy Boarding - Speedy Boarding passengers and easyJetPlus! cardholders

Special Assistance - Passengers needing special assistance, elderly passengers, up to two adult passengers travelling with a child aged 5 or under and other members of their party up to the age of 13

Group 2 - All remaining passengers'

easyflyer83
18th Aug 2011, 00:32
When are they travelling?

As DWLPL says they should be eligible for SA boarding which boards after SB. Either way, flights need to be over 95% full before any "seating together" issues arise and then it only tends to be the last few passengers to board that are affected.

Sark
18th Aug 2011, 13:26
Some friends travel Easy a lot. Always check in online weeks before flight. Always designated boarding group 2. How come?

Severn
18th Aug 2011, 13:28
As of today ..... (these represent aircraft utilised, not standby a/c etc)
EZY
EZS

LGW |-| 32 A319 | 14 A320 | ------- | 46 Total (+1 A319 Nightstops at BCN)
MXP |-| 17 A319 | -------- | ------- | 17 Total
LTN |-| 11 A319 | 2 A320 | 2 B737 | 15 Total (+1 A319 Nightstops at DRS)
GVA |-| 10 A319 | 2 A320 | ------- | 12 Total
STN |-| 12 A319 | ------- | ------- | 12 Total
BRS |-| 9 A319 | 2 A320 | -------- | 11 Total
CDG |-| 11 A319 | ------ | -------- | 11 Total
LPL |-| 9 A319 | 1 A320 | -------- | 10 Total
SXF |-| 8 A319 | -------- | -------- | 8 Total
MAD |-| 7 A319 | ------- | -------- | 7 Total (+1 A319 Nightstops at LIS)
ORY |-| -------- | 6 A320 | -------- | 6 Total (+1 A320 Nightstops at NCE)
MAN |-| 2 A319 | 4 A320 | -------- | 6 Total
BSL |-| 5 A319 | 1 A320 | -------- | 6 Total
BFS |-| 6 A319 | -------- | -------- | 6 Total
GLA |-| 3 A319 | 1 A320 | -------- | 4 Total
EDI |-| 3 A319 | 1 A320 | -------- | 4 Total
LYS |-| 4 A319 | -------- | -------- | 4 Total
FCO |-| 4 A319 | -------- | -------- | 4 Total
NCL |-| 3 A319 | -------- | -------- | 3 Total
NCE |-| -------- | 1 A320 | -------- | 1 Aircraft Nightstops from ORY
LIS |-| 1 A319 | -------- | -------- | 1 Aircraft Nightstops from MAD
BCN |-| 1 A319 | -------- | -------- | 1 Aircraft Nightstops from LGW
DRS |-| 1 A319 | -------- | -------- | 1 Aircraft Nightstops from LTN

4 x A319 not accounted for (maint/stby)

Seljuk22
18th Aug 2011, 16:02
Thanks for this!

Just one thing: The LTN nightstop isn't at DRS, it is at DTM.

binary01
18th Aug 2011, 16:35
Some friends travel Easy a lot. Always check in online weeks before flight. Always designated boarding group 2. How come?

Because they didn't pay for Speedy Boarding and don't qualify for Special Assistance - i.e. everyone else is in boarding group 2.

Sky Wave
19th Aug 2011, 01:09
If the children are younger than 13 then the group will be in the first set of boarders and the party would not need SB.

This is not correct.

As dwlpl stated:

1st Speedy Boarders
2nd Special Assistance
3rd everyone else

Manchester Kurt
19th Aug 2011, 13:23
When are the summer 2012 tickets likely to be going on sale?

Also, any news of what any new Manchester routes may be?

Would love some Barcelona action but suspect very unlikely given the Liverpool services.

viscount702
19th Aug 2011, 14:12
Summer 2012 up to June is already on sale from MAN. Nothing new at present and only two slots in timetable to operate another route if they wish .

raglan2
19th Aug 2011, 16:44
It's years since I traveled Easyjet but I am on Tuesday - Bristol - Geneva & return the next day.

The ticket, including the booking reference, has been provided by the company hosting the meeting, which they have emailed to me.

Thing is I have tried to check-in online but it won't allow me to as I am unable to supply the booker's email addy, although I can provide my surname and booking ref.

Is it OK to leave checking-in until I arrive at BRS on Tuesday morning?

You may well say that I can use their 0843 number to enquire but I only have a mobile (not land-line) and it's going to cost me an arm 'n leg to use this method.

Any help you could give me would be really appreciated to save me having to drive out to Lulsgate tomorrow to find out.

Also, can I pay for a speedy boarding as late as Tuesday morning? It's not clear from their FAQ?

Many thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Raglan2

EI-BUD
19th Aug 2011, 18:43
hi Raglan2;
Yes you sure can check in at the airport. There is no cost for that! The only thing is you will need to Queue up!! You can buy speedy boarding at the airport, not sure of the price though. I saw at my local airport this week that Easyjet have a sign at the gate saying 'to purchase speedy boarding for this flight, contact staff at the gate', so presumably you can buy speedy boarding just before the flight is called.

Have a good trip!

EI-BUD

lfc84
19th Aug 2011, 18:55
online checkin only requires surname and booking ref.

see the centre of the homepage, middle of screen, under the reservation panel

raglan2
19th Aug 2011, 19:51
Many thanks, guys, for your responses.

I did actually do what lfc84 (what club, then? I'm actually going to UEFA HQ) suggested but for some reason it wouldn't accept it and then it eventually pointed me to the 0843 number.

Irish - you've given me confidence to just roll up on Tuesday morning.

Many thanks again.

Raglan2

davidjohnson6
22nd Aug 2011, 12:21
Has U2 given up on the LGW-NTE route, leaving it all now to flyBE, or is it simply a case that scheduling for 2012 has yet to be determined ?
AFAIK, this seems to be the only existing route out of Gatwick that's not on sale for next summer. If it's being dropped, U2 seem to be doing so very quietly

flyzen
23rd Aug 2011, 06:40
@Has U2 given up on the LGW-NTE route, leaving it all now to flyBE, or is it simply a case that scheduling for 2012 ... this seems to be the only existing route out of Gatwick that's not on sale for next summer.@

LGW/NTE route is a Easyjet seasonal one (mid july / early sept) ... actual scheduling for summer 2012 is ending june (a 10 months programm)
There is no reason to my knowledge that EZY will not reprogramm LGW/NTE route for 2012 summer
... just wait few days/weeks :)

BHD2BFS
23rd Aug 2011, 15:05
a couple of weeks ago on the belfast thread people said they heard of easyjet starting 3 new routes to europe from belfast. athens, lisbon, prague and madrid where the names said around it, does anyone here no any more information regarding these or is it all nonsense

OltonPete
25th Aug 2011, 17:28
The Stansted service that ends 24/03/12 seems to have popped up in the
easy booking engine for Gatwick twice weekly.

Not sure if this is old news but first I have noticed it.

Pete

ib26uk
25th Aug 2011, 17:53
Oltonpete - Dont worry mate its new news !!

Does anybody know why easyJet doesnt fly to Paris (CDG) from Gatwick only Luton??

Considering they fly to every other continental base from Gatwick - ie Berlin - Milan - Madrid etc...

Binder
25th Aug 2011, 20:03
Re LGW/CDG

1) Both airports slot limited.

2) Not in LGW's interest to pull long haul passengers out to CDG. So politically sensitive.

3) and probably most importantly; too much competition from Eurostar, other carriers from LHR and the channel tunnel.

Binder

ib26uk
25th Aug 2011, 20:36
Thanks Binder !!

LTNman
25th Aug 2011, 21:12
3) and probably most importantly; too much competition from Eurostar, other carriers from LHR and the channel tunnel.

Luton is only as little as 22 minutes away from the Eurostar terminal. Can't really see how Luton works unless it is cheaper.

Binder
26th Aug 2011, 11:48
Point Taken,

However; The Luton connection is needed to ferry French based flight deck and cabin crew (from ORY & CDG) to LTN for recurrent training and Sim elsewhere. In addition Management,Admin & Engineering staff are regularly on the flight.

Route selection involves many factors, some not always obvious!

Binder

davidjohnson6
26th Aug 2011, 20:40
I seem to recall that around autumn 2009, Easyjet made some reductions on the LTN-CDG routes - presumably because it wasn't making as much money as might have been hoped ?

Sky Wave
27th Aug 2011, 12:37
Binder

If that was the reason wouldn't they have an LPL-LTN & MAN-LTN route?

pwalhx
27th Aug 2011, 14:08
Because its easier to drive from Liverpool or Manchester maybe?

clareview
27th Aug 2011, 15:55
Easyjet did have a Luton - Liverpool route for quire a while in the early days but it was not viable. Similarly bmi had a Liverpool - Heathrow route for a while and even tried a SF340 on it but again it was not viable.

Turning to routes to Paris, there are a lot fewer services from the combined London area airports now compared to pre the tunnel e.g bmi to CDG and Orly from LHR.

Ross34
27th Aug 2011, 22:07
easyJet has announced that the Liverpool to Gibraltar service will commence on Tuesday 29th March 2011 operating three times a week. I think this is at the expense of Liverpool to Dubrovnik which appears to have been dropped.

I usually use Monarch from MAN on my trips to GIB but EZY appears to be alot cheaper from LPL.
What are the loadings like on these flights? I'm a bit cautious with EZY when it comes to punctuality and customer service and the allocated seat is something I don't mind paying a bit more for...cause I hate the stampede for seats!
But for nearly £100 less for 2 adults swapping to EZY is really tempting...any reason why I shouldn't?

ReallyAnnoyed
28th Aug 2011, 00:24
Punctuality has improved a LOT this year and is not bad at all anymore. If you don't want to compete with the herd for seats, you can purchase the "speedy boarding" malarky and be on the plane as one of the first passengers and choose your own seat as you like.

easyflyer83
28th Aug 2011, 01:33
Not being biased........but
OTP (ontime performance) is now consistently 85% plus (and we operate 1200 sectors a day). Free seating policy.....well allocated seating makes sense IMO and I think in the mid term future, Easy will introduce it. However, the "stampede" isn't actually that bad and is quite often kept very civilised depending on where you are and seating problems (which also arise on allocated seating) only occur on flights where pax load are 95% full which, accounting for now shows, is quite rare.

ZB have their plus points however but inflight service is similar.

If it's a considerable amount you are saving then the cheapest option is probably the best.

paully
28th Aug 2011, 22:12
I`ve used the Easy LPL-GIB route a couple of times this year having previously used the Monarch service from Manchester. I swopped due to price as well and find the service excellent...It does seem to have quite high load factors and is operated on the 319. Have done with and without speedy boarding and you do get on the plane on the first wave but other than high season I wouldnt bother with it...

Re service, nothing extra on Monarch you dont get with Easy, but the Scouse crews are usually real good fun and a pleasure to be with :D oh yes and you save a fortune to boot :D..On time has been very good also

mikkie4
28th Aug 2011, 22:45
any idea what the remaining flights out of southend might be? was to be either scotland or mainland europe,gone very quiet

BHD2BFS
28th Aug 2011, 22:55
could it be dublin? aer arann didn't take the opportunity

Jamie2k9
28th Aug 2011, 23:03
GLA and EDI were announced by them as well as the 8 on sale.

mikkie4
28th Aug 2011, 23:10
if it was to be dublin it could be quite a nice little money maker.if the timeing was right there might be a link up with EI to JFK.

Skipness One Echo
29th Aug 2011, 01:41
EZY got their balls booted last time they flew to Eire from the UK, as did GO which was sold to easyJet. FR take it personally, if EZY fly SEN-DUB, FR would either compete or slash STN fares to kill the route.

BHD2BFS
29th Aug 2011, 10:13
i feel that dublin- sen would be a great route for easy and something that actually might beat ryanair for once , would ryanair really slash prices on the stn and lose money route just to make a point?

FR-
29th Aug 2011, 10:20
Yes. Yes it would. It has the money to make a point to stay out of Dublin, and good luck if easyJet does try SEN-DUB.

fr-

en2r
29th Aug 2011, 18:56
would ryanair really slash prices on the stn and lose money route just to make a point?
You obviously didn't witness the last time that Easyjet tried to enter the Republic of Ireland Market. Ryanair literally matched Easyjet on every route they tried and flooded the market with free seats.

Cork-Gatwick was Easyjet's most successful route from the Republic with frequency gradually increased to a 3 times daily service. Ryanair initially dropped fares and increased frequency on Cork-Stansted, with it going up to 4 daily at one point. When that didn't seem to be working, they launched a twice daily Cork-Gatwick service in direct competition with Easyjet and flooded the market with even more cheap seats. They had even put a 3 times daily service on sale before Easyjet finally gave in and axed the route. This all went on for about two years and during this time fares were so cheap that I doubt that anyone made any money on any of the Cork to London routes.

I think that something similar happened when Go tried to enter the Dublin market.

mustpost
29th Aug 2011, 19:15
Hmmm..
Disabled flyers left at airport - Edinburgh Evening News (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/Disabled-flyers-left-at-airport.6827207.jp)

JSCL
29th Aug 2011, 19:24
Ultimately, it's much cheaper to operate from SEN than STN and despite whatever pricing FR gets at DUB, I'm sure EZY could come in close and ultimately keep year round low cost profitable flights... FR is stuck in a high cost battle. Financially EZY could stick it out at a loss just to make a point. But also given Stobart interests in Aer Arann, I wouldnt be surprised if they are pushing to get SEN-DUB operating under EI Regional umbrella, so Stobart may throw a funny if EZY want to operate it.

EI-BUD
29th Aug 2011, 19:25
Ryanair initially dropped fares and increased frequency on Cork-Stansted, with it going up to 4 daily at one point. When that didn't seem to be working, they launched a twice daily Cork-Gatwick service in direct competition with Easyjet and flooded the market with even more cheap seats

There is no doubt that Easyjet V Ryanair competition on NOC/ORK/SNN to LGW was a blood bath, but the question is could FR land at SEN if they wanted to, reference to the point above on this post, 'When that didnt seem to be working', ie would a reaction on STN DUB be enough to make the route unfeasible for Easyjet?

Given that SEN is serving an area with good population, and presumably EZY would have its own share of low fares, could the route be niche enough with appropriate frequency to be largely unaffected by an FR reaction on STN DUB?

EI-BUD

student88
29th Aug 2011, 20:36
FRs 737s dont have the performance to operate in/out of SEN. MOL was once quoted saying that never again he would operate into an airfield where he would have to payload restrict.

mikkie4
29th Aug 2011, 20:51
hope stobarts tell MOL were he can shove his planes

racedo
29th Aug 2011, 20:51
There is no doubt that Easyjet V Ryanair competition on NOC/ORK/SNN to LGW was a blood bath, but the question is could FR land at SEN if they wanted to,

In answer to that question the answer is yes but why bother.

FR could start up some routes on what are Easyjets most profitable routes and drop fares through the floor hurting Easyjet even more.

Easyjet has enough problems within its board and major shareholder to want to start playing games.

Expressflight
30th Aug 2011, 06:08
racedo

The answer to that question actually is no.

racedo
30th Aug 2011, 19:11
The answer to that question actually is no.

Wrong.

There is nothing to stop Ryanair opening a route from SEN.

IJM
30th Aug 2011, 20:15
Wrong.

There is nothing to stop Ryanair opening a route from SEN.

Are there not runway length issues for the B738?

Also, surely SEN management would have to be "onboard" with Ryanair too?

racedo
30th Aug 2011, 20:42
Are there not runway length issues for the B738?

Also, surely SEN management would have to be "onboard" with Ryanair too?

Given they supposed to be flying into Alterhein with a shorter airport how is it an issue ?

As for airport management being onboard with airlines !!!!!...........since when has this been a requirement.

IJM
30th Aug 2011, 21:03
Given they supposed to be flying into Alterhein with a shorter airport how is it an issue ?

Sorry, I didn't know off the top of my head the technical data for Alterhein...

You say "supposed to" - so are they flying into Alterhein, or are they not? Didn't see anything on Alterhein or Ryanair's websites.

As for airport management being onboard with airlines !!!!!...........since when has this been a requirement.

Good one! :}

mikkie4
30th Aug 2011, 21:46
is it not upto sen managment to to say who they want or dont want

Skipness One Echo
30th Aug 2011, 21:49
If they refused to let FR have access they'd get destroyed in court, it's a free market, not a cosy cartel.

racedo
30th Aug 2011, 22:00
is it not upto sen managment to to say who they want or dont want

No as any attempt by an airport to exclude an airline in favour of another airline where there is no slot issue is anti competitive and would rightly be subject to hefty for operating a cartel.

Do you think LHR should be able to turn around to LH and say we prefer BA/IB so you can't fly in here ?

Red Four
30th Aug 2011, 22:27
SEN has an ordinary use licence, and is intending up to 2MPPA, therefore is no reason they cannot say 'no' to an airline, if they did not want them in there.

Danny_R
30th Aug 2011, 22:49
A very good point, SEN has an ordinary licence rather than public licence, any operations at SEN require the authority of the licensee.

pwalhx
31st Aug 2011, 07:09
Maybe because they see the possibility of greater economic benefits to them as an airport by encouraging Easyjet with their larger aircraft to open more routes than a much smaller gain for another part of the group with smaller aircraft on one route.

(This is a response to the following post which somehow has slipped below mine)

clareview
31st Aug 2011, 07:13
Why on earth would the company that owns Southend Airport and virtually owns Aer Arann (and saved it out of Administration) let another airline take the route to Dublin, Aer Arann's home base?

Expressflight
31st Aug 2011, 07:28
The 738 would be extremely payload restricted out of SEN and it's misleading just to quote a runway paved length as being the deciding factor. It's TODA and LDA that generally decide the issue and they are often quite different to paved length.
Belfast City's distances impose, I believe, payload restrictions on the 738 yet the TODAs and LDAs there are considerably in excess of those at SEN.
It would obviously be physically possible for Ryanair to operate from SEN with a very restricted pax payload but I simply cannot see it happening because the restrictions would be just too great.

Skipness One Echo
31st Aug 2011, 09:49
Why on earth would the company that owns Southend Airport and virtually owns Aer Arann (and saved it out of Administration) let another airline take the route to Dublin, Aer Arann's home base?

In the real world imagine what happen's if they said "No we don't want you. We prefer high prices in an ATR rather than mass prices in a B738 to Dublin."

That's what you're saying. Also wanting to protect their own airline, or "protectionism" is I am fairly sure, illegal once you start putting barriers in the way of the other guy.
Yes the B738 is restricted but if FR saw fit to, the Republic of Ireland is do-able from SEN easily. Would the public choose Aer Arann? I doubt it!

alm1
31st Aug 2011, 10:07
If it came to it, Ryanair could wet-lease some 757 to operate from SEN just to make a point :E

JSCL
31st Aug 2011, 10:38
The public would choose Aer Arann IF it was Aer Lingus Regional, I'm sure :)

JonnyBfs
31st Aug 2011, 17:04
Do we know an idea as to when Summer 2012 flights (ie July.Aug) will be released? Most concerned about BFS Belfast.

BHD2BFS
31st Aug 2011, 17:09
Yeh I'm quite surprised July figures are down again on last year, and more than likely will be down again next year when there is more competition from Belfast city and baby

Ziggy22
1st Sep 2011, 20:54
Taken from a Greek site, any truth in this??

"It has been announced that Easyjet will be flying to Kefalonia next year!!

Those of us with EOT licences have already been contacted to confirm this."

Ziggy22
2nd Sep 2011, 09:02
Just an update, any Easy staff out there to confirm or deny??

" According to the Kefaloniapress Easyjet will announce this in about ten days. As I mentioned OEEDKI have already confirmed this in writing to their members. ":)

Ziggy22
4th Sep 2011, 17:14
Well I must say of all the forums that I have posted this question I thought this one would come up trumps, sadly not!! :ugh:Thanks to Tripadvisor for coming up with the answer!! :ok:

Seljuk22
6th Sep 2011, 12:51
August figures

Passengers: 5,543,961 +6.5%
Load Factor: 92.2% -0.1 pp
http://production.investis.com/rns_ip3_easyjet/rns/rns-item?id=4490718

Flyit Pointit Sortit
6th Sep 2011, 13:06
Ziggy 22

I'm a Captain for EZY and we only find out about routes once they are published.

jpthomas72
7th Sep 2011, 15:11
German media is reporting that EZY has given-up on entering FRA, despite the new runway opening very soon. They had slot applications for LGW-FRA and GVA-FRA.

"...But the big attack from low cost airlines or the suspiciously watched airlines from the Gulf has failed to appear in the economically difficult times in the industry. EasyJet has even withdrawn its application, according to the coordinator Claus Ulrich..."

Der Kranich baut sein Nest aus | MAIN-POST Nachrichten für Franken, Bayern und die Welt (http://www.mainpost.de/ueberregional/wirtschaft/mainpostwirtschaft/Der-Kranich-baut-sein-Nest-aus;art9485,6310379)

Seljuk22
10th Sep 2011, 15:05
EZY received their last A319 yesterday.

In total 172 A319 were ordered, 167 in operation right now.

EZY will receive 25 A320 the coming months.

Barling Magna
10th Sep 2011, 21:29
As a matter of interest, can the A320 operate without restrictions from SEN's soon to be extended runway....?

BHD2BFS
10th Sep 2011, 21:38
i hope im not repeating anything that has been mentioned on the thread recently but with the stobart groups plans for carlisle airport, could we see easy starting another agreement with them and launching another new UK base in the near future?

johnnychips
11th Sep 2011, 00:46
If they couldn't make a profit out of Donny, or could make more profits by using their kit elsewhere, I can't see Carlisle being a starter. I'm visualising a map in my head and apart from Carlisle all I can see for catchment are some small west Cumbrian towns, Dumfries and Newcastle, which has its own airport.

viscount702
20th Sep 2011, 22:40
Notice that GOT and SXF are only on sale to end of June from MAN. Does anyone know the reason

dwlpl
21st Sep 2011, 08:12
SXF ceases to 'exist' in June when it becomes BER.

Because there are no EZY schedules from anywhere into BER I think they havent sorted the slots out as yet.

viscount702
21st Sep 2011, 08:17
Many thanks. Thought that might be the case with SXF. Not sure about GOT though

easyflyer83
21st Sep 2011, 11:54
Although loads have picked up in recent months, GOT is the poor performer ex MAN.

viscount702
21st Sep 2011, 12:06
The press announcement for the 2012 timetable from MAN indicated more routes would be on the way.

The current timetable requires 7 based units. No 8 has been rumour for the summer because of the announcement above.

The current timetable has two gaps in it for a couple of services of approx ATH/HER length.

These could be used for new routes of low density.

Also the lack of services to GOT after June may indicate its being dropped in favour of somewhere else.

No doubt time will tell

easydan319
22nd Sep 2011, 16:03
easyJet have released the following new routes for Summer 2012 which went on sale today:

Paris Orly - Cagliari
Paris Orly - Rhodes
Rome Fiumicino - Corfu
Lyon - Ajaccio
Lyon - Palermo
London Luton - Corfu
Edinburgh - Dalaman
Edinburgh - Naples
Bristol - Naples
London Southend - Jersey (bringing the total SEN routes to 9)

These join London Gatwick - Fuerteventura which went on sale 2 weeks ago.

BHD2BFS
22nd Sep 2011, 16:18
Is there any plans for new summer routes from Belfast? Hasnt been any new European routes in a while

EuroChallenger
22nd Sep 2011, 16:27
Seems that EasyJet have raised their profit forecast for the year and are also paying a special dividend to the shareholders. Despite the stock market slump today, Easy's shares are up like an aircraft!

Good news for the industry.

Airbourne-Adamski
22nd Sep 2011, 16:45
EZY estimated £200m - £230m now they say it will be in the region of £240 - £250m.
Great news considering most other airlines anounced profit warnings.

It was also on bloomberg news EZY is now est to be worth 1.6 billion.

Powerjet1
22nd Sep 2011, 17:52
twitter from easy......

‘Glamorous celebrity’ to unveil easyJet’s new TV advert at Luton Airport (Arrivals Hall) – 12:45pm on Friday

FR-
22nd Sep 2011, 22:10
The market cap is £1,464.06m at close of trading this afternoon.

fr-

paully
23rd Sep 2011, 17:38
Err Stelios???????????????????

LGS6753
23rd Sep 2011, 18:05
naaaa...

Lorraine Chase :yuk:

easydan319
24th Sep 2011, 18:53
easyJet have released the following new routes for Summer 2012 which went on sale today:

Paris Orly - Cagliari
Paris Orly - Rhodes
Rome Fiumicino - Corfu
Lyon - Ajaccio
Lyon - Palermo
London Luton - Corfu
Edinburgh - Dalaman
Edinburgh - Naples
Bristol - Naples
London Southend - Jersey (bringing the total SEN routes to 9)

These join London Gatwick - Fuerteventura which went on sale 2 weeks ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another new route has also been put on sale for Summer 2012:

Naples - Palma

GLIDERMAN
25th Sep 2011, 10:04
Any idea why Easy dropped the Luton Jersey route of a couple of years ago? Thought it may be the flight time not long enough, but see they are doing it from Southend now.

atmosphere
25th Sep 2011, 11:32
Any idea why Easy dropped the Luton Jersey route of a couple of years ago? Thought it may be the flight time not long enough, but see they are doing it from Southend now.

I Would imagine that as soon as the Olympics have been and gone, so will the Jersey route!

lfc84
25th Sep 2011, 11:35
by comparisson, LPL-IOM is 20 minutes

blokker
25th Sep 2011, 15:21
anyone going to the cabin manager assessment centre next month????

liamfr
26th Sep 2011, 14:32
Whats all this about yet another fallout between the board and the Cypriot??

Any truth Fastjet.com (http://www.fastjet.com/) ?? (possibly purchasing baby and renaming :bored: )????

lfc84
26th Sep 2011, 15:03
Fastjet.com

Registrant:
Kate Spade
18766 John J. Williams Hwy 138
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy (http://www.godaddy.com))
Domain Name: FASTJET.COM
Created on: 20-Jul-05
Expires on: 20-Jul-17
Last Updated on: 06-Sep-11

Administrative Contact:
Spade, Kate [email protected]
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
United States
+1.3023395508

Technical Contact:
Spade, Kate [email protected]
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
United States
+1.3023395508

BHD2BFS
26th Sep 2011, 15:28
seems to have owned the website for a long time, has this alway been on the cards for him????

rapidman47
26th Sep 2011, 18:41
Liverpool base to get another A320 from july 2012:ok:

rapidman47
26th Sep 2011, 18:44
seems to have owned the website for a long time, has this alway been on the cards for him????
It was going tobe his long range airline now it may be BMI rebranded and run by him:ok:

racedo
26th Sep 2011, 21:32

What has his Nationality to do with it ?

GnRdL
3rd Oct 2011, 12:25
New route (and new destination):
London Gatwick (LGW) - Kefalonia (EFL): 3x/week from 28th April (seasonal)

Skipness One Echo
3rd Oct 2011, 14:46
What has his Nationality to do with it ?
It makes it all the more amusing when he brings all the really bad stereotypes to life?

Airbourne-Adamski
3rd Oct 2011, 15:07

Any truth Fastjet.com ?? (possibly purchasing baby and renaming )????

Just a little update I found on this. It seems it is more like Stellios has his eyes on flybe. Article below:

It was blue skies all the way for Flybe as rumours from a City hangar suggested that Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou has the Exeter International Airport-based low cost regional airline on his radar.

Amid the turbulence elsewhere, the shares took off and touched 117p before closing 7p higher at 113p amid vague speculation the easyJet founder, who this week announced plans to set up a new discount airline called Fastjet, could possibly also buy Flybe currently valued at around £85m.

Broker Liberum Capital does not believe that Fastjet will pose a competitive threat to easyJet (9.5p cheaper at 344.25p) but if the aggressive Sir Stelios was to acquire Flybe and ‘bolt on’ a new business, Fastjet, that would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Sir Stelios’s move to set up Fastjet came a week after easyJet announced its first ever dividend to shareholders – worth £190m – with a mouthwatering £72m going to Sir Stelios who still owns 38 per cent of the equity.

He could easily part-finance a bid for Flybe which is trading 62 per cent below its December 2010 flotation price of 295p. But he would have a huge job persuading Flybe’s major shareholders to sell. A trust of the late Jack Walker, Blackburn Rovers’ former owner, holds a 48 per cent stake via Rosedale Aviation Holdings, while International Consolidated Airlines, the Anglo-Spanish holding company formed following the merger of BA and Iberia, owns 14.6 per cent.

Airbourne-Adamski
3rd Oct 2011, 15:13
New easyJet TV campaign.

Europe by easyJet - Our new TV Ad - YouTube

LGS6753
3rd Oct 2011, 17:34
I know they are a loco, but that ad cost peanuts! :}

JSCL
3rd Oct 2011, 17:38
My thoughts exactly. A cheap and amateurish ad IMO.

Airlift21
3rd Oct 2011, 20:52
Is that seriously EasyJet's new ad? What a load utter of b******s! You couldn't make it that bad if you tried..... except someone did!

easyflyer83
4th Oct 2011, 02:03
I'm not being biased here (Easyjet's attempt at a TV ad earlier this year was abismal) but that, and the others of the same batch, are actually quite good IMO. Those of you wishing/hoping for a BA style ad will always be disappointed. Easyjet always competes on price and the ad's convey that aswell as the reason which we travel. The "photo" nature of the ad is purely intentional and has nothing to do with being cheap. Infact, some of the crew's own "where are you going?" style photo's maybe included on later versions.

The tv ad from earlier this year which i mentioned, the one narrated by Dave Lamb (of Come dine with Me fame), was acknowledged as being crap by Easyjet. The ironic thing is that during the weekend the ad was broadcast was one of Easyjet's busiest days for bookings since it began in 1995. Perhaps an indication that it doesn't matter how good the ad is, you need to get that message across.

The ad campaign on TV starts on Wednesday evening.

Aero Mad
4th Oct 2011, 06:27
It tells you why you fly, but not why you fly easyJet. Doesn't look terribly effective to me.

one post only!
4th Oct 2011, 07:16
Still got you talking about it though didn't it.....! I actually quite like it to be honest, but I am certainly not a marketing guru or expert! I like the simplicity (probably why I like it....my mum always tells me I am a bit simple!!).

Fly with easyJet to see loved ones, for business or to party! It says why you fly, but not explicitly that you must do that with easyJet granted. Although the implication is certainly there as the brand is repeatedly shown!! However so many people already do (more than the to fly to serve airline) maybe that message is less important. Who knows, but I like it anyway.

FR-
4th Oct 2011, 08:08
I agree the ad is rather poor, but if it gets bookings up its done the job.

fr-

easyflyer83
4th Oct 2011, 11:25
It tells you why you fly, but not why you fly easyJet. Doesn't look terribly effective to me.

On the shorter versions, the versions which will ultimately be shown more, it shows prices of fares. That tells you why to fly Easyjet. Price.

Still got you talking about it though didn't it.....! I actually quite like it to be honest, but I am certainly not a marketing guru or expert! I like the simplicity (probably why I like it....my mum always tells me I am a bit simple!!).

Fly with easyJet to see loved ones, for business or to party! It says why you fly, but not explicitly that you must do that with easyJet granted. Although the implication is certainly there as the brand is repeatedly shown!! However so many people already do (more than the to fly to serve airline) maybe that message is less important. Who knows, but I like it anyway.

See above. You are right about how it keeps the brand in peoples minds. If anybody has seen cadbury's adverts over recent years will know that there was nothing about how, why you buy chocolate bars.......or even any indication that that is what they do. It was still a reasonably successful campaign particularly because it's random nature got people talking. Job done.

Seljuk22
6th Oct 2011, 07:18
EZY opens two French bases (to be announced today)
EasyJet to open two bases in France in bid to scupper Air France plans - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/8809353/EasyJet-to-open-two-bases-in-France-in-bid-to-scupper-Air-France-plans.html)

TLS and NCE confirmed as new bases :ok:
easyJet to open two new bases in France at Nice and Toulouse (http://easyjet.production.investis.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2011/06-10-2011-en.aspx?sc_lang=en)

September traffic

Passengers 5,181,839 +8.5%
Load Factor 89.6% +0.3pp
http://production.investis.com/rns_ip3_easyjet/rns/rns-item?id=4565160

easyflyer83
6th Oct 2011, 14:57
Extra aircraft in each location but will not be bases strictly speaking yet........nightstopping aircraft and crew as what currently happens in NCE already.

pabely
6th Oct 2011, 15:21
French Labour Laws?

easyflyer83
6th Oct 2011, 15:41
French Labour Laws?

No. Easyjet will nightstop wherever it makes business sense to do so. Aircraft currently nightstop in BCN, NCE, DTM and one or two other places. People tend to think that LCC's avoid nightstopping at all cost where as in actual fact Easyjet will nightstop crews and aircraft when necassary and importantly, when the costs involved in setting up a true base are not warranted.

In actual fact, if it wasn't for the bases in major European Cities Easyjet would probably have more nightstops in order to target the business/frequent passenger. i.e LGW-MXP can operate with optimum timings with early and late departures from both ends.

JackRalston
9th Oct 2011, 15:49
Evening all

I recently applied for 2 job openings with easyJet based at Hanger 89 and haven't had a response yet regarding the outcome of my applications. Does anyone know how long it usually takes before candidates are contacted?

I applied for Intermediate Rostering Officer (closing date 13/09/11) and Crew Rostering Officer (closing date 31/09/2011). I did receive the confirmation emails informing me they had received my applications but I haven't heard anything since.

Any information most welcome. :ok:

IB4138
9th Oct 2011, 17:34
closing date 31/09/2011

You will be waiting a long time for that date matey!

squeaker
10th Oct 2011, 08:27
He should get the job though, a crewing officer who manages to find an extra day's work for everyone! Brilliant!
Good luck with the job!

JackRalston
11th Oct 2011, 12:55
Emailed them yesterday regarding this and I received an email this morning saying I was not successful for the two jobs I had applied for. Strangely though, I was told of the dates the emails had been sent to me stating this, but I cannot find them at all in my inbox or junk folder...one was sent yesterday too apparently.

Ah well, got to keep looking now :(

Seljuk22
16th Oct 2011, 10:06
Just looked at the timetable and I see the last flight MAN-GOT on 8th January and LGW-GOT will end on 9th January. It means EZY will cancel the last two destinations out of GOT.

BHD2BFS
16th Oct 2011, 11:55
just wondering if anyone on this thread knows that easyjet has planned for belfast in the next 12 months, any new summer routes?

adfly
16th Oct 2011, 11:57
I could see Norwegian Stepping in for LGW-GOT somwhen, maybe when the economy is a little better (if that will ever happen) but i'm not so sure about the MAN route.

delta154
16th Oct 2011, 15:43
I could see Norwegian Stepping in for LGW-GOT somwhen, maybe when the economy is a little better (if that will ever happen) but i'm not so sure about the MAN route.

MAN still has City Airline (with SK codeshare) flying double daily Mon-Fri, and once a day sundays.

Mr A Tis
16th Oct 2011, 16:46
If EZY are pulling off the MAN-GOT in January, anuone know what the aircraft will be doing instead?

EGMC81
22nd Oct 2011, 09:30
What do you think the chances are of U2 starting a Berlin route from Southend?

dwlpl
22nd Oct 2011, 10:31
Wasnt that in the original listing of routes?

Seljuk22
23rd Oct 2011, 13:54
EZY to open a few new summer routes from SXF (JMK, RHO), BSL (FAO, IBZ), LTN (HER) and MXP (EFL, KGS, ZTH) next summer.

LGS6753
24th Oct 2011, 20:53
The last 737s leave the fleet this weekend. 'KD is going for parting out at Kemble - and it's under 8 years old!

racedo
24th Oct 2011, 21:40
Worth more breaking for parts than selling...........

INKJET
25th Oct 2011, 09:10
The problem is fella is that this is mainly a pilots forum not an investors forum and whilst the financial health of your employer is important because in most cases the better they are doing the better you'll do this does not seem to apply to your beloved FR!

I work for neither FR or Easy but if had to work for another airline FR would be at the very bottom of my list, this has of course nothing to do with the pilots and cc at FR, but knowing a good number who have worked for both of the above a substantial number of FR want out the not the case at Easy.

Yes FR are more profitable, they are unethical as well, a chunk of the extra margin that FR comes from some very questionable employment arrangement of it's pilots many seem to be self employed not by choice but by decree working out of the Republic but neither working there or living there, not paying UK NI but living in the UK.

If some with more IT skills than me ( won't be difficult!) can set up a poll on here about who you would least like to work for then I would expect FR to top it.

FR why o why is an employer trying to enforce 2-3 months of unpaid leave one minute because there is no flying to be had and at the same time flying the Tango aircrafts socks of with new pilots

Yes great airline if your an investor at least for now, but everyone else involved it's not quite the deal you thought you signed up for, still at least when your positioning on your day off doing your sim, which you've paid for, tax deductible on your day off your helping keep the fares down.

FR must be the only airline with a AAA credit rating that Aiirbus won't do business with.......

So back to pilots stuff please or bugger off to Paddy power investor forum

davidjohnson6
25th Oct 2011, 17:30
INKJET - as far as I am aware, Ryanair do not have a long term credit rating, most likely because they have not issued any bonds or other form of readily tradable debt securities. Just for good measure, I've also checked for credit default swaps from which one might be able to infer an implied credit rating, but again I drew a blank. It should be noted that Easyjet are in the same position - no credit rating, no tradable debt and no observable CDS.

It should of course be noted that a company usually has to pay one of Moody's, Standard & Poor's or Fitch for a public credit rating - thus removing the incentive in part for Ryanair to have a rating. In any case, if anyone thinks Ryanair is deemed as low a risk as AAA they are probably very optimistic

MKY661
25th Oct 2011, 21:42
Worth more breaking for parts than selling...........

8 years old? surely someone will have that! Put one on storage maybe like they did with Monarch's DC-10 that would be good!

racedo
25th Oct 2011, 22:16
Inkjet

Didn't notice you commenting on the last time when U2 737's went to Kemble when break up rather than sale was discussed.

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/370654-easyjet-4-a-95.html#post6351720

Nomoresteerage
26th Oct 2011, 09:18
Is LPL to FUE dropped for Summer 2012? Cannot see it on sale but ACE is so perhaps it is becoming a winter only route?

Also see the baggage charges have gone up again £14 ew from LPL to GIB - will soon be cheaper to buy an extra seat! In fact for our 2 bags one way it would have been! But hey, they can say the average fare is low still!

NMS

arriva
26th Oct 2011, 10:37
Liverpool-Fue on sale twice weekly for Summer 12

Chidken Sangwich
26th Oct 2011, 11:18
Put one on storage maybe like they did with Monarch's DC-10 that would be good

Since when was MON's DC10 ever in storage?, or do you mean the one in 'storage' at MAN at the moment?

MKY661
26th Oct 2011, 11:34
yep i mean that one

tangarizie
27th Oct 2011, 10:55
Easyjet announced 5 new routes for the new base at Lisbon:
AMS, OVD, VCE, CPH and BOD

Seljuk22
27th Oct 2011, 12:46
Official statement
easyJet to open a base in Lisbon (http://easyjet.production.investis.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2011/27-10-2011.aspx?sc_lang=en)