PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

jaypla
19th Jul 2010, 02:05
More cancelled flights in Berlin, making news on TV. Sad.

ezyinsider
19th Jul 2010, 06:52
They are bound to be cancelling as they do not have enough crew and its been known for months.

RoelM
19th Jul 2010, 07:50
My first post, after reading the Airlines, Airports & Routes topic for a long time.

Last week monday 12th my EZY flight MAD-AMS was cancelled, after 2 gate changes and around scheduled departure time. The poor woman from Servisair/Menzies at the gate could only tell that it was because of crew shortage. No further information, just 'this flight has been cancelled'.
Directly rebooked to KLM, so didn't even wait for the mess at the service desk. When asking about EZY at MAD I was told this happens way too often.
And yes, day after, a relative of mine took the same sector.. cancelled again. The morning flight was delayed from 11AM to around 7PM and as he was one of the first in line at the service desk he could rebook to that delayed flight.
Needless to say, especially combined with the chaotic mess during check-in at AMS on the AMS-MAD, easyJet has declined significantly on my favourite airline list..

SkinHeadFlyer
19th Jul 2010, 09:48
Also online at Easyjet leaves hundreds of Berlin passengers grounded - The Local (http://www.thelocal.de/national/20100718-28585.html)

Maybe I was lucky with just a 50 minute delay the weekend before last into LPL.

On the way out they were flying a UK employee out to SXF to work on a flight to from Germany to Greece.

Next time I will seriously consider KLM via AMS.

racedo
19th Jul 2010, 09:55
EasyJet 'less punctual than Air Zimbabwe' - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/7897346/EasyJet-less-punctual-than-Air-Zimbabwe.html)

Ouch on this one.

JKKne
19th Jul 2010, 10:04
EZY seemed to have made the transition from happy go lucky everyone likes Stelios and that nice Jane from the TV show let's fly with them

to

Well at least Ryanair actually turn up, bugger EZY

Here in Spain, a lot my colleagues and friends have abandoned EZY and direct flights in favour of connections to their destinations because they simply can't rely on them when previously they've been excellent

f/spninx
19th Jul 2010, 10:11
Data compiled by Gatwick, the airport that is easyJet's largest base, show that fewer than 50pc of its flights from the airport took off on time last month.
In June, 48pc of easyJet's international flights departed on time – within 15 minutes of its advertised schedule. That was worse than Air Zimbabwe, which managed 50pc on time, and considerably worse than British Airways, which hit 85.7pc. The revelation will stoke the furore about the state of easyJet's operations.
In January, 61.8pc of its international flights were on time. In February the figure was 60.1pc, in March 68.5pc, in April 74.2pc, in May 54.4pc and in June 48pc. Over the same period, BA's worst month was 76pc, and its best was 93.5pc. On domestic flights, the picture is similar. Just over half of easyJet's UK services were late taking off in June, the figures reportedly show.
EasyJet yesterday blamed the fall-off in performance on air-traffic control problems on the Continent. Greek, French and Italian air-traffic controllers have staged periodic strikes this year to protest against government austerity plans.
"There have been 40 strikes so far this year. We are disproportionately hit because most of our flights go over the affected airspace," said a spokesman for easyJet. Late-arriving aircraft meant knock-on effects on the schedule, he said.
EasyJet is recruiting more staff at Gatwick in an attempt to improve its performance.

parabellum
19th Jul 2010, 10:14
How many departures per day does Air Zim have, compared to Easy?

racedo
19th Jul 2010, 10:29
EZY seemed to have made the transition from happy go lucky everyone likes Stelios and that nice Jane from the TV show let's fly with them

to

Well at least Ryanair actually turn up, bugger EZY

Here in Spain, a lot my colleagues and friends have abandoned EZY and direct flights in favour of connections to their destinations because they simply can't rely on them when previously they've been excellent

Some of what is happening at Easyjet is of their own making BUT there is also an element where Stelios because he refuses to cowtow to the city types who run UK PLC businesses is as the major shareholder getting the flak.

nitro rig driver
19th Jul 2010, 10:32
When they pay their bills. :E

dwlpl
19th Jul 2010, 10:35
Some of what is happening at Easyjet is of their own making BUT there is also an element where Stelios because he refuses to cowtow to the city types who run UK PLC businesses is as the major shareholder getting the flak.

Isnt one of Stelios's arguments with the board is that they are trying to grow the fleet and business to quick?

With the problems they have with lack of crews it looks like he is correct once again.

Pilotinmydreams
19th Jul 2010, 10:44
"There have been 40 strikes so far this year. We are disproportionately hit because most of our flights go over the affected airspace," said a spokesman for easyJet. Late-arriving aircraft meant knock-on effects on the schedule, he said.

How will hiring more staff help then???

apaul
19th Jul 2010, 13:00
I suspect Stelios is more likely to be part of the problem. First by distracting the management by his antics and second by demanding more profits and money back to the shareholders (presumably so he can flush it down the pan in another failed spin-off) which has encouraged the corner-cutting on staff numbers.

ReadyToGo
19th Jul 2010, 13:46
More misery on the cards for EZY passengers flying out of NCL. Their handling and Catering company are strongly rumoured to be going on strike this weekend.

If the there is truth in the rumour that Gate Handling will lose 90% of its workforce to the strike, theres going to be some nasty delays, and as we all know, delays lead to cancellations.

Rough times ahead I suspect

RTG!

tb10er
19th Jul 2010, 16:05
Who once said "Lies, damn lies, and statistics"

:ugh:

This survey must have been dreamed up by someone whoh doesn't have enough to do.

carrots
19th Jul 2010, 21:22
Who once said "Lies, damn lies, and statistics"

This survey must have been dreamed up by someone whoh doesn't have enough to do.

:confused::confused::confused:

I don't think that punctuality statistics are a "survey" so much as indisputable fact.

So the comparison with Air Zimbabwe is a little pointless, but more than half of flights departing more than 15 minutes late is appaling.

BA may only have half the number of a/c of easy at Gatwick now, but it does still operate much of its schedule to France, Italy and other "strike prone" countries, yet less than 15% of its flights were more than 15 minutes late.

Easy publicly blaming ATC rather than its crew shortage is blatant lying to its passengers and its a shame more haven't caught on to the truth.

jaypla
20th Jul 2010, 05:41
More headlines for easyjet in Berlin, stranded passengers want to take easyjet to court. Many negative articles and still easyjet cancels every day flights..

panda-k-bear
21st Jul 2010, 10:45
Oooh, I don't know. My flight ex-Gatwick was canned on Saturday and I was rebooked to fly on Monday. I understand that the Sunday night service was also canned. And a collleague of mine was trying to get out of Spain at the weekend and his flight got canned as well. Although, to be fair, they did re-route him, via Lyon, and lost his bags in the process. A second colleague was trying to get to London on Friday night and his flight was 3 hours late.

Maybe the weekend just gone was a bad one but if it's always like this then EZY flight-ops have some, erm, challenges, to face.

And now with the French ATC strike loads of fligths are canned to day or delayed, but through no fault of easyJet's.

lfc84
21st Jul 2010, 12:04
Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou threatens to remove easy name in easyJet battle - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/epic/ezj/7901778/Sir-Stelios-Haji-Ioannou-threatens-to-remove-easy-name-in-easyJet-battle.html)

Bergholt
21st Jul 2010, 14:12
easyJet has cited air traffic control restrictions as a major reason for poor punctuality. Today, however, there is an air traffic controllers' strike in France and yet, unlike Ryanair, there is no mention of it on the easyJet website. Furthermore, the easyJet website gives no idication that any of today's flights are cancelled, whereas the Ryanair website lists all cancelled flights.

It gets worse. The arrivals section on the Gatwick Airport website is currently showing the following easyJet cancellations.

1505 Nice
1610 Barcelona
1735 Alicante
1745 Mahon
1825 Murcia
2155 Bordeaux

I have every sympathy with easyJet for having to cancel flights today through no fault of its own. However, it would seem that easyJet is not being totally honest with its customers. If Gatwick Airport is able to list easyJet cancellations for today, why can't easyJet do the same on its own website? It makes me increasingly suspicious that recent poor punctality performance owes more to crew shortages and less to air traffic control restrictions.

Time for easyJet to come clean on this issue!

FR-
21st Jul 2010, 14:25
I seen the ALC-BRS was a gonner today, I flown 28 of them back to EMA, nice profit for Ryanair selling them lat min tickets.

After speaking to the pax i really do feel sorry for them, the reason given ranged from french atc to a/c tech.

Fr-

JKKne
21st Jul 2010, 14:48
What does Stelios expect the new girl to do?

Stop selling the flights or hire a load of new crew en masse to cover until the end of the Summer Season?

Surely that isn't viable?

Either way these public spats aren't good for the image of the airline nor the Easy group and Sir Stelios as a whole

Shingles
21st Jul 2010, 15:29
Easyjet better watch out - if they don't sort out this cancellation thing they are going to lose a lot of goodwill. There is some background and opinion here on the subject that is relevant:

EasyJet's Bad Operational Management (http://insidetraveller.co.uk/blog/?p=1089)

Binder
21st Jul 2010, 15:53
Well if you accept that the least of Easyjet's problems is the fact that they have First Officers flying for them who have had to declare themselves bankrupt,then you will appreciate just how bad things are this Summer.

Not a peep from Carolyn yet. Perhaps she is in shock!

Binder

Shingles
22nd Jul 2010, 13:18
And still more on Easyjet's woes here:

EasyJet delays continue (http://insidetraveller.co.uk/blog/?p=1096)

Carvair66
22nd Jul 2010, 15:22
My daughter and her 10 friends, whose flight from Bristol to Ibiza 12 days ago was cancelled, have had their claim for Euro250 plus £80 refund of flight costs accepted without question this week. I expected we would have to fight for it.

An A319, most probably full (150 PAX) - that works out at well over £40k if everyone claimed. It must be hitting Easyjet's cashflow pretty hard.

cesare.caldi
22nd Jul 2010, 18:41
Easyjet at MXP is an operative disaster, today for example six flight cancelled and a lot of delay, every day several flight cancelled and big delay. A lot of people have summer holiday ruined, and in MXP from stranded passengers i've heard Easyjet no more, never!

Personally Easyjet have cancelled me four flight within three months so four week-end break cancelled. For now i don't book any more flights with Easyjet. It's sad but until now was my favorite airline.

Deep and fast
22nd Jul 2010, 19:50
They canx something in TLS tonight, as they are in my hotel and Paris Rome last week when I was there!

A :mad: shambles

D and F :8

cesare.caldi
22nd Jul 2010, 20:48
Your hotel? For you this Easyjet cancellations are a good news, more people is forced to go to hotel and more money for you ;)

jaypla
23rd Jul 2010, 11:42
After days of making headlines in Berlin, first reaction of easyjet: easyjet announces to hire 20 more pilots and crew-members for the Berlin base. Hope, it helps.

cesare.caldi
23rd Jul 2010, 14:20
I hope the same will happen in MXP

Shingles
23rd Jul 2010, 14:48
And there's yet more on Easyjet's woes here:

When others are late, easyJet is later (http://insidetraveller.co.uk/blog/?p=1099)

Mr A Tis
24th Jul 2010, 13:18
It`s about time EZY came clean,, I feel this is a job for Anne Robinson. Still waiting on my claim !

IB4138
25th Jul 2010, 05:55
Easyjet have cancelled five flights at LPL today claiming it had been unable to secure slot times from air traffic control.

greatoaks
25th Jul 2010, 07:27
Judging by the appalling performance issues at the moment, Easyjet need Stelios back at the helm.

How many more flight cancellations do passengers need to endure before moving away to other carriers.

When good old cancellation-happy Ryanair are a more reliable airline then you need to worry Easyjet

Give someone a kick up the a$se and get some guys employed to crew this very young fleet that you keep boasting about.

Can there really be a shortage of A320 rated crew in Europe with all the carriers that have gone to the wall in the last 2 years

Come on Easyjet you have gone from being a brilliant airline to fly on, to being the one to avoid.

Stop growing and start performing

bluelearjetdriver
25th Jul 2010, 07:39
YouTube - Easyjet travelers stranded in Paris Orly, 28th June 2010, 9-10 pm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRpya8FUvx4)

greatoaks
25th Jul 2010, 07:51
wow

and as usual the airport staff are the ones getting it in the neck

cesare.caldi
25th Jul 2010, 11:34
Today, for now, five flight cancelled from MXP and five cancelled from FCO.

Jamie2k9
25th Jul 2010, 11:40
7 from Liverpool cancelled

james170969
25th Jul 2010, 11:40
Have Easyjet cancelled many flights to and from Glasgow International? I haven't flown with Easyjet since January. I've flown with them many times from Glasgow to Malaga and always found them to be very reliable. My cousin and her friend are flying with them from Glasgow to Alicante in a few weeks. I'm getting a bit concerned for them with all these cancellations. Would they be better off going with Ryanair the next time?

IJM
25th Jul 2010, 13:34
Would they be better off going with Ryanair the next time?

James - for Glasgow - Alicante as well as Ryanair there is Thomas Cook and Thomsonfly. Think I also heard that BA were doing a seasonal GLA - ALC service?

BAA Glasgow: Destinations and airlines (http://www.glasgowairport.com/portal/page/Glasgow%5EGeneral%5EFlight+information%5EDestinations+and+ai rlines/)

dwlpl
25th Jul 2010, 13:42
7 from Liverpool cancelled

Its five for today.

Ringwayman
25th Jul 2010, 13:52
That BA at GLA will be a charter and not a scheduled service. Remember you're talkng about a route that doesn't have a London airport involved, so no chance of it being a scheduled service!

IJM
25th Jul 2010, 14:20
Thanks Ringwayman - I thought that when this was mentioned on PPrune recently, that it was due to be a seasonal service and open to the general public for booking.

However, happy to be corrected if this is not the case.

Bergholt
25th Jul 2010, 15:00
Although easyJet flight cancellations for today are posted on the Malpensa Airport website, once again, there appears to be no mention of any flight cancellations for today on the easyJet website.

lfc84
25th Jul 2010, 15:27
Flight Departures Checker (http://holidays.easyjet.com/FlightCheck/flightdepartures.aspx?lang=en)

FR-
25th Jul 2010, 15:36
Shocking! But all the better for other airlines who share the same routes.

Bergholt
25th Jul 2010, 15:48
I stand corrected. However, there is no mention of flight cancellations on the Flight Arrivals section of the easyJet website.

cesare.caldi
25th Jul 2010, 16:34
If you check the latest travel informations from Easyjet home page you find all these cancelled flights.

greatoaks
25th Jul 2010, 16:34
And with all the crew shortages there are further 11 A319 due for delivery this year to try and man-up

cesare.caldi
25th Jul 2010, 16:41
For now is better these new planes will rest parked at Airbus field in TLS

Jamesair
25th Jul 2010, 16:57
There is an article on EZY in todays Sunday Times saying that they have now resolved the pilot problems with their Union and a flexible working agreement has been agreed and this should help sort out the problems.

Charley B
25th Jul 2010, 19:23
They need to sort out their handling agents at LGW then!
Other half and friend are meeting students of EZY fts tonight--flights landed at 18.29 and 19.11-fts gone off the arrivals board and still waiting for pax to come thro!Car park fees are up(not EZY fault tho!) this has happened for the last 3 Sun nights-how many staff do they have working?--its a disgrace!I thought that World Cup Sunday was prob down to them watching the footy but not the case I fear!Come on EZY sort your Handling agents out before that gets in the papers as well!!!

nonemmet
25th Jul 2010, 19:47
There is an article on EZY in todays Sunday Times saying that they have now resolved the pilot problems with their Union and a flexible working agreement has been agreed and this should help sort out the problems.

How much money would you put on that James? The agreement was signed over 2 weeks ago. So what has caused all of the problems since then?

thebeehive
26th Jul 2010, 07:29
Poor PAX booked wih EZY this summer.

They cancelled LCA yesterday leaving 150+ pax scrabbling round for seats on the first weekend of the school summer holidays, no help provided fend for yourself and barely any staff to do anything anyway.

EDI also cancelled last night I believe.

Even with wet leased 757(s?) they are struggling and its not fair on the front line staff or the poor pax who are going on their annual holiday and left having to find seats to LCA at end of July, paying hundreds for the last few seats on other airlines.

SORT IT OUT EASYJET cancellations and big delays seem to be par for the course at LGW now, too big too quick? amazingly doesnt seem to impact on pax figures, can EZY do no wrong in the eyes of pax??

frfly
26th Jul 2010, 09:02
Bad news for EZY but great news for BA and ZB at LGW, FR around Europe LS and WW in Manchester. I know a dozen people already who have promised never to fly EZY again after delays and canx flights this summer.

Waiting for MOL to jump on the bandwaggon and really try to damage EZY's reputation over this mess.

victorc10
26th Jul 2010, 09:18
Hmmm they do seem to be doing a pretty good job without any input from MOL...

Jamie2k9
26th Jul 2010, 16:06
I not sure if EZY had planned to cancel this flight yesterday as threre was major delays all day at the airport.

Eurocypria Airlines, Cyprus Arways, Thomson as well as otheres had long delays and cancelled flights.

Eurocypria Airlines flight to Cardff was delayed 12 Hours
Eurocypria Airlines flight to Dublin was delayed 4 Hours
Eurocypria Airlines flight to Belfast Int/Humberside was delayed by 26 Hours
Other flights had delays and were cancelled.

Cyprus Arways flight to Manchester due to arrive in LAC this morning has been delayed by 16 hours
Cyprus Arways had major delays also as well as cancelled flights.

Thomson flights which arrived were on the ground in LAC for hours.
Thomson flight from MAN arrived at 00:45 one hour late and did not depart until 03:15.
Thomson flight from BHX arrived at 23:30 and did not leave until 03:00.
Thomson flight from BRS arrived at 00:15 and did not leave until 03:20
Thomson Flight from DUBLIN arrived at 23:15 (2 Hours 30 Minutes Late) but did not depart until 03:50 and had to divert to Hannover airport in Germany as the crew had done there hours and it arrived in Dublin 10 hours late.

Mabye EZY know that the a/c would be on the ground for a long time in LAC and the crew wouldn't of been able to complete the return flight as they worked there hours.

Rusland 17
26th Jul 2010, 18:24
Until very recently, my employer would 'encourage' its staff to use Easyjet for business travel within Europe. (Luckily, as I live near London City, I never had to suffer that humiliation). But now, after months of reported delays and cancellations, they've advised us all not to use EZY but to book with legacy carriers instead.

EZY's reputation is falling like a stone.

Mr Angry from Purley
26th Jul 2010, 18:50
jamie2k9
Like i said on the East Midlands Airport thread, lowco's have a tendancy to cancel at the first sign of trouble whereas at least charter airlines will get you there (2 days into your holiday...):\

h&s
26th Jul 2010, 21:25
The "new" rostering system is Andy Harrison baby to drive cost down - and threw revenue by the window? :}

I, and others, warned in January that the airline were facing a chaos situation this summer due to this non sense, so they can't say they had no time to fix it. They knew it and they didn't do anything for their passengers.

That is just another example of how totally mis-managed the airline is at the moment, and I am actually very surprised financial markets do not punish it. Few examples among others:

- NO strategy: or even worst - total contradiction between strategy and actions. Strategy was to gain more business high yield passengers, which are very time sensitive, and what did the airline - new rostering system that causes huge delays and turn back many business PAX to legacies, well done! But also still no loyalty card (still remember a guy asking Andy Harrison why we don't have one, and Andy to reply "not low cost business model", and the guy to reply "but Southwest has one!", reply from Andy: "o, I didn't know"!!!), or schedule/network strategy to increase average frequence per route whereas they actually launch only ryanair-like part weekly route (eg. FCOTLS, MANGOT, LGWZAG etc) etc

- Rubbish revenue management: list is so long but we can see Istanbul totally sold out ex London for the next ... 11 days (!), Porto for the next 13 days, Olbia next 7 days, Nice 6 days, CPH, Paphos, Lisbon etc etc. What a huge waste of revenue opportunities!

- Unbelievable network choice: how can we think we can make more money with Doncaster (big dog) than with EMA???

- 2 years to develop a new website and still not implemented (btw, the new version is so horrible to use, especially the search again button which never works)

As said in May, easyJet is actually evidence that a messy company can actually still make money, and very well managed one going bankrupt or dissapear (eg. Go). A good lesson, even if a bit dark

greatoaks
27th Jul 2010, 06:38
And they are still running the radio advert on Manchester Key103

"Why fly on a crate that first took to the sky when Margaret Thatcher was in office" which I assume is a dig at ZB & LS.

Give me an old well maintained fleet that actually gives you what you pay for.

Lets all rush to fly on Europe's youngest fleet that just sits on the tarmac and makes a complete :mad: of your hard earned holiday.

sky9
29th Jul 2010, 17:16
There is an article in the Telegraph today 29th July, about the new CEO admitting that there is a problem with morale and Standby issues.

Unfortunately I cannot find a link with the online Telegraph.

FR-
29th Jul 2010, 17:26
The ft has an interesting bit of reading, notice the 7% drop in the share price the same day.

FT.com - Markets Data (http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/news.asp?s=EZJ:LSE)

fr-

horatio_b
30th Jul 2010, 05:51
Telegraph article referred to?

EasyJet flight delays caused by low staff morale - Yahoo! Finance (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/easyjet-flight-delays-caused-by-low-staff-morale-tele-5dd62b6243b8.html?x=0)

sky9
30th Jul 2010, 14:47
that's the one.

greatoaks
1st Aug 2010, 08:53
When Easyjet Ops are making the decision which flights are to be cancelled what criteria is it based around?

Do they cancel the flights that are served daily making the passenger free transfer easier to accomodate and giving the priority of available crew to the mid-haul flights?

I noticed that there seems to be no cnx from Gatwick today but 4 from Liverpool, so are the problems now easing at LGW?

Mr A Tis
1st Aug 2010, 10:37
The Easy web site today states due to the on going air traffic controllers strike (not specified where) there are disruptions.
Looking at the easy departure checker it is currently showing 50 cancellations accross the network for today.
Looking at the RYR web site, several flights are delayed but none are showing as cancelled.
BA show 1 flight from LHR & 1 flight from LGW cancelled.
So, where is this disruptive ATC strike today causing this trouble ? (but not to BA or RYR). A little more information would be helpful in understanding why the flights are cancelled.

PPRuNeUser0178
1st Aug 2010, 11:23
The Spanish and Fench ATC both have daily work to rule actions, on top of occasional all out stoppages.

What that means in reality is that EVERY flight going through their airspace gets a slot outbound first thing in the morning. Now in my experience this means we arrive late on the first sector of the day, usually to find that we have a slot for the return that is being based upon our SCHEDULED departure time, which we have usually arrived about ten minutes before or indeed after. The result is that this slot on the aircrafts second flight ofthe day is often missed and the replacement slot usually involves a hefty delay of an hour or more. Given that EasyJets' business model is one of low cost ( and I am not going to be drawn in to the argument of ticket prices as that is a different argument ) then we utilise our aircraft as much as possible which means not having them on the ground longer than is necessary to turn them around. That means there is no "fat" in the schedule to absorb these morning delays and they carry on right throught the day until the aircrafts' last sector at night, with every other sector gaining slots throughout the day then the delay grows and grows.

In 10 years plus in the airlines, I can say this is not the norm and some pressure needs to be exerted on the French and Spanish to sort this out. I have heard proffessional pilots and proffessional air traffic controllers actually arguing over this on air! Frustrations are growing and that does not have a place in aviation!

When we are actually in the effected airspace ATC will not grant short cuts, even when they are plainly available, they will not let us climb or descend into more favourable wind conditions, even when they are clearly available.

EasyJet are now fiddling with the schedule to creat "firebreaks" in the middle of the day to try and absorb these delays, this has resulted in some flights being delayed, in advance, or even cancelled. They have also brought in additional outside help from other charter airlines to give us additional capacity.

Now the new CEO has also admitted in the press that we have crewing problems as well. Both pilots and cabin crew have a specific number of hours they can work based upon the time they report for duty and the number of flights they are operating. Generally we are exceeding these if we feel we are still safe to operate using our discretion, which is permitted under CAA rules. We are also on occassion working in to our days off to keep the show on the road. However, charged with the safety of everyone on the aircraft, there are also often occassions when the crew have to say, sorry, but we have done as much as we safely can for today and have to call a stop to it. It is at this point that a standby crew should take over, but this barrel is often empty these days and that is where the crewing problems come into the equation.

So in defence of ATC, it not all their fault, but they create the delays, in EasyJets, defence it is not all their fault either, but they have done the planning to cope with the environment in which we operate, should they have forseen all of this? I couldn't comment on that, as I don't do the planning I simply drive the aircraft and for my part I will do that when it is safe to do so, but when I have worked my max and I have to stand down in the interests of safety I will do and that may cause delays or cancellations in the short term until we can get a more robust schedule and crew plan in place, and I honestly believe the new CEO is trying to achive that.

Jamie2k9
1st Aug 2010, 16:08
Baggage handling machines break down in Gatwick and easyjet and virgan flights were delayed hours because of the breakdown

Holiday chaos for passengers at Gatwick as baggage handling machines break down | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299189/Holiday-chaos-passengers-Gatwick-baggage-handling-machines-break-down.html)

Mr A Tis
1st Aug 2010, 17:50
Thanks for the explanation ezydriver, I appreciate all that. However, as an ex customer, my point is: today there are no Ryanair cancellations showing up on their vast network. RYR fly through the same airspace as easy and nobody more that RYR has time critical turnarounds, but they are able to cope without mass cancellations. There is no doubt that this year there has been a change to how EZY operate, because this has never been a problem before for them.

easyJet A321
1st Aug 2010, 17:53
I have found a picture of the latest 757 with winglets looking very smart, sorry if this is already been posted but I haven't noticed it has. Air Livery Quicker turn-around than some schedules! (http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&p=257622)

clareview
1st Aug 2010, 18:02
What are virgan flights?

Shed-on-a-Pole
1st Aug 2010, 18:19
Hi ezydriver,

When your flight is significantly delayed on departure from the UK, is it not possible to advise your handling agent at destination of your revised ETA and ask them to apply (at that stage) for a departure slot based on your new calculated ETD? In my experience, an early application for a slot revision has a much better chance of a pleasing outcome than one submitted very late in the turnaround process. If it is obvious that the return-leg slot is going to be unachievable, an early proactive response by your representative could result in you having a realistic revised slot awaiting you on arrival. Just a thought.

But beware the most common mistake. Crews can be over-optimistic in anticipating speed of turnaround. Maybe add on 10 minutes for the unexpected rather than *just* missing an over-ambitious slot and picking up a further 90 minute delay!

SHED.

PPRuNeUser0178
1st Aug 2010, 18:26
Hi Shed,

All of that is handled by our operations at Luton. A very small team managing over 100+ fleet all with the same problem. In short they are overwhelmed! At Gatwick these days without fail the first the TCO knows about the slot is when I tell them, didn't used to be that way. Again this is where the undermanning that is being talked about is showing, it is not just the aircrew. Ryanair allready had built firebreaks into their programme, Easyjet did not, again, I don't do the planning, just the driving!

The subject of how long a turnaround should take has long been a subject of debate in EZY, in short crews don't guesstimate how long a turnaround will take, we are told from day 1 in Easyjet how long it WILL take under Easyjet rules, hence the "if your late we won't wait mentality". Crews are not allowed to question the reasonability of an allocated turnaround time and have slots applied for because we think a turnaround time is unachievable. Also we do not know about the return slot until arriving downroute when we get our clearance. Other people in the operation could find out about it and could apply common sense if they had the time or permission, but people who work on slot desks in Luton don't really have much experience of turning aircraft round!! They would also be aware only of the ETA of the aircraft on the ground, not problems with stand allocations, fuel, catering, wheelchair assisit, GPU and ASU starts, tech problems, filthy cabins, no shows at the gate with bags in the hold, and about 100 other things that can go wrong on a turnaround. What they do know is how long a "classic" EasyJet turnaround will take, therefore if the slot for the outbound gives more than that on the ground then there should not be a problem and they move on to the next crisis.

These are just the facts as I see them. I am attempting to keep my opinions to myself.

Mr @ Spotty M
1st Aug 2010, 21:21
One of the problems which most Airlines don't have, is operating 3 sectors, so if your first return is going to be late, your are out of hours maybe for the third.
easyJet & Ryanair operate this way on some flights l believe, other operators such as Jet2 & Monarch do not.

Bearpit
2nd Aug 2010, 13:00
Hi,

Does anyone know if EASY are going to be putting flights at Doncaster on sale after Christmas? Everything seems to stop selling end of December?

Be disappointing if they stop the services so quickly, but given the mess at Gatwick, hardly a surprise!

Flightrider
2nd Aug 2010, 16:46
Does anyone know if EASY are going to be putting flights at Doncaster on sale after Christmas?

Am led to believe that services will cease on 31 December (which is strange, as you'd think that you'd plod on until early January to get people back from their Christmas hols, but there you go). No Palma from the end of the summer, Faro 3 x weekly, Barcelona 4 x weekly, Amsterdam daily and Prague 2 x weekly until then.

Aeronave
2nd Aug 2010, 16:52
...and does anyone know when easy will publish a new update on their winter shedule? There are very big gaps (of 4 hrs and more) between the rotations e.g. in CDG, SXF, MXP, MAD...

easyJet A321
5th Aug 2010, 13:15
Happy to announce 3 new routes to our network - Edinburgh to Cologne (£25.99*) & Paphos (£31.99*) & Gatwick to Luxor (£89.99*) *one way

This a tweet from easyJet, does the EDI PFS mean there will be a based A320 or can the A319 manage that?

Aeronave
5th Aug 2010, 13:47
@easyjet A321:

A 319 will manage this as it has a higher range than the A 320/A 321.

jpthomas72
5th Aug 2010, 13:47
EZY is stepping in for Germanwings (4U) on CGN-EDI. 4U flight ends end-Oct, EZY starts end-Nov, it's a 4x weekly late evening. Nice to see EZY slowly expanding again at CGN after they scrapped everything apart from LGW a few years back, and they also went for DUS for some interesting routes. CGN is a very good airport and deserves to keep EDI on its routemap.
BTW, was funny on my recent EZY SXF-LGW the crew proudly announced: "Welcome to this Berlin-based Easyjet !". First departure of the day so of course nicely on-time. EZY people at SXF must be very aware of the recent bad press for and tried to make a point that they are doing a good job. German press talked about BCN being especially poor from SXF.

GoEDI
5th Aug 2010, 15:18
Germanwings are summer only these days so weren't pulling off the route all together, although this announcement might make them change their mind!

Also I believe EZY's A319s are actually weight restricted so their range is actually less than what can be achieved with the A320? Whether it's the difference for the A319 being able to operate EDI-PFO I'm not sure, but I'd imagine it'd be a close call.

toledoashley
5th Aug 2010, 17:25
Nice to see that Gatwick - Luxor has been introduced, I was right on that one. How long before we see Taba and Alexandria?

Mr @ Spotty M
5th Aug 2010, 18:17
They have already applied for services to Cairo, 3 flights a week with the A320.

champair79
5th Aug 2010, 18:35
Yes the EZY A319's are weight restricted. I'm not sure but I think they don't have a centre fuel tank which severely limits their range. Also they are artificially restricted to save on navigation charges but different aircraft in the fleet have different restrictions. Some of EZS's A319's are restricted to 62T while at the other end of the scale, some of the EZY A319's have a 68T weight limit. The rest of the fleet fall somewhere in between. Structurally however, I think all of the fleet is near enough identical. That's why they use the A320's on longer sectors.

kriskross
5th Aug 2010, 18:48
Here we go again!!! The EZY 319s are 22k thrust per engine with a ZFW/APS around about 41 tonnes, the 320s have 27k engines and surprisingly have a ZFW/APS around 43.5 tonnes if I remember correctly. The high 319 weight due to the 156 pax requiring a beefier centre fuselage with the extra overwings i.e. the same as the 320, just a fuselage plug missing because of the shorter length.

Thus the 319 is take off performance limited and fuel tankage has nothing to do with it. If the 319s had more thrust pinned in ( its the same engine after all) then they would have no trouble with the longer routes. The extra pax on the 320s are more than made up for by the 10 tonnes of extra thrust (156 pax against 180).

The 321s are supposed to depart this autumn - I presume a buyer has been found for them??

beauport potato man
5th Aug 2010, 20:22
The A321's are being sold back to Airbus in September sometime.

Zippy Monster
6th Aug 2010, 09:44
Thus the 319 is take off performance limited and fuel tankage has nothing to do with it.

As I've said before, the weight restrictions do come into play sometimes. The A319s are certified at various MTOWs throughout the fleet - 62, 64, 66 or 68 tonnes. I remember operating a flight from the south of Europe where we had to offload about 6 passengers + luggage because we had a 64 tonne aircraft and an 80kt headwind component all the way back. If we'd had a 66 tonner, we'd have managed to carry the extra fuel and would have been OK.

The restriction was due to fuel capacity with the already high payload, it was nothing to do with performance restrictions, 22k or 27k engines or anything of that nature.

kriskross
6th Aug 2010, 11:51
Zippy, yes I agree with you that the restricted RTOW for EZY 319s mean exactly that, but if EZY wanted to the weight could be increased, but the 22k engine would then restrict the longer sectors due to performance. Remember the 319 sent to ACE and to CFU due to the 320 being u/s and resulting in a Tech Stop on the way back? After all you could have Tech Stopped on your trip back and take all the pax if that is what NMC had wanted.

Curious Pax
6th Aug 2010, 13:48
Out of curiosity, which 319s fall into which of the weight categories? Since MAN started having them based we largely seem to have had the more recent deliveries. Is there a correlation?

ReallyAnnoyed
6th Aug 2010, 17:43
The airframes get moved all over the network for various reasons, e.g. having the plane at a base with overhaul facilities when the time for a check is approaching.

Ian Brooks
6th Aug 2010, 22:35
Yes I know but MAN never seems to get the early aircraft except maybe on a visit
from another base and that has now been like that for several months

Ian B

cjags
7th Aug 2010, 11:34
MAN is predominately an Airbus 320 base. Most of EZYs 320s have only recently been delivered in the past 24 months. Any older birds will be A319s. Hope this helps.

cjags

Ian Brooks
7th Aug 2010, 11:42
Man is 3 A320 and 2 A319 plus a Liverpool based A319 from Geneva and
soon to be a Belfast based from Amsterdam, but what I am saying is that all
the A319 that come to Manchester seem to have been delivered in last 2 years or so.
What people are asking is are these the higher gross machines
I`m guessing they are as they some of the longer routes

Ian B

Whalerider
7th Aug 2010, 12:37
Today's (Saturday) Independent Travel Supplement, Simon Calder brings up the issue of EZY delays, and how their website for the past month has blamed ATC. As he says - last week there has been NO ATC industrial action to affect their flights.

I think Stelios has been proved right - expansion far too fast.

I have been told by friends who work for EZY that due to pilots being overworked / unable to get leave, that about 40 have left for other carriers, and some crews will run out of hours before the end of the year.

The company should also look closer to home. They have a handling agreement at LGW with Menzies, who quite clearly do not have enough staff. Inbound aircraft regularly blocking taxiways waiting for stand guidance. This obviously eats into turnround times. Delaying flight plans is a company responsibility, yet is increasingly expected to be done by ATC.

I suspect the beancounters are ruling the roost - judging by the amount of inoperative APUs, resulting in cross-bleed starts. A few days ago two company aircraft were delayed on stand by 13 and 14 minutes respectively due to an aircraft behind doing a cross-bleed start.

Time to stop blaming ATC for company induced faults !

Charley B
7th Aug 2010, 14:24
Whalerider--so glad that I was not the only one to moan about good old EZY handling agents -they are a nightmare on a Sunday evening(twice has taken over 2 hrs to get pax thro( and car park fees have gone thro the roof-this was mentioned on the LGW aviation soc blog recently!)
Hopefully Menzies will get more staff soon:) (have noticed not quite so many EZY delays this weekend) maybe the new CEO has kicked ass!
Think it was a cheek EZY blaming ATC--the LGW tower give a great service here--EZY HAVE got too big too quickly--remember what happened to Air Europe!

Mr @ Spotty M
7th Aug 2010, 15:38
They all ways seem to have crews that run out of hours at the end of the year, my company has operated series of flights for them in December before.
They were also an a/c short most of the week because on of the B757s was tech.

Whalerider
7th Aug 2010, 18:41
Yes they are obviously making efforts to improve things. Now 5 757s on summer lease, 3 of which are LGW based. The whole Air Finland fleets is now operating for EZY for the next couple of months, Air Finland in turn have Turkuaz 321 op out of HEL for them.

Mr @ Spotty M
7th Aug 2010, 19:30
Was the 3rd Air Finland covering for the first Air Finland which was tech most of the week or is it an additional machine?

cesare.caldi
8th Aug 2010, 10:32
Now 5 757s on summer lease, 3 of which are LGW based. The whole Air Finland fleets is now operating for EZY for the next couple of months, Air Finland in turn have Turkuaz 321 op out of HEL for them.

Big business for Air Finland...

The Flying Cokeman
8th Aug 2010, 10:49
ATC industrial actions or not, we keep getting hammered by slot delays still. Beginning of this week I got several 1:30 hrs delays so we are still being hit with delays whether you guys on this forum like it or not.

Both Spanish and French ATC have not officially been on strike but still seem to work to the rules and work really slow in order to reduce capacity in each sector. That is not being on strike but yet affects us big time with many routes taking us into French and Spanish airspace = still getting slots.
Not too long ago I tried in Madrid together with all other airlines that evening being ignored by madrid ground so we could not push and start. This was also a work under protest and we all kept loosing our slots and I ended up with a +2hr delay. EZY's fault because ATC was not on strike......errrrrr :confused:

There are other problems within EZY and yes there seem to be a crew shortage causing delays cancellations but there are more slot delays going on than you seem to know about. Anyway just my opinion being a captain working for easyJet and being based in LGW.

IB4138
8th Aug 2010, 11:48
...but, yours is the only airline cancelling flights on a daily basis. If the others, including FR can cope, why can't Easy....and why continue to insist it is "not our fault" and continue to knock back valid compensation claims?

jumpseater
8th Aug 2010, 12:07
Today's (Saturday) Independent Travel Supplement, Simon Calder brings up the issue of EZY delays, and how their website for the past month has blamed ATC. As he says - last week there has been NO ATC industrial action to affect their flights.

Good to see Mr Calder demonstrating his ignorance of Air Traffic Capacity in such authorative style.:D
Must be a journo school thing, 'write a misunderstanding of ATC Slot management, use one side of the screen only', extra marks for lack of research ...

Mr Cokeman would thankfully score very poorly on the above essay, just because the web page says it's ATC delays doesn't make it entirely correct.:suspect:

Whalerider
8th Aug 2010, 17:34
Third Air Finland machine newly acquired, and now in full EZY colours - with winglets. Not connected with unserviceabilities.

Whalerider
8th Aug 2010, 17:39
Mr Cokeman.

Your company website says ATC industrial action. ATC at LGW work their socks off to get you guys airborne - often on very tight slots. Your website says ATC - that implies to Joe Public that ALL - including LGW ATC at fault - you are seriously upsetting the people who help you out !

:=:*:=:*

jumpseater
8th Aug 2010, 18:29
Whale,
Looking through it (eJ site), I couldn't find that reference to ATC specific delays. However, that's not to say it may have done ...

davidjohnson6
8th Aug 2010, 18:52
Methinks it's time for the Easyjet / airport PR departments to start putting out a few carefully worded press releases and becoming a little more transparent as to what's happening at Gatwick and Berlin

People see things going badly wrong.... and human instinct means it's fairly normal to think that somebody is to blame.

If Joe Public cannot get easy access to information from a company when things start going wrong (and Easyjet makes it quite difficult for Joe Public to contact anyone in the company other than a call centre drone), then expect mud to fly and journalists to start writing articles which portrays organisations in a bad light

Nicholas49
8th Aug 2010, 19:49
Looking at the LGW departures again this evening, every single easyJet flight is late departing, with delays ranging from 30 minutes to 3+ hours.

My honest question to easyJet flight/cabin crew who may be lurking here is: are you not getting fed up having to justify countless delays to passengers in your pre-flight announcement? Are there any captains who have just decided to tell the passengers the truth: we do not have enough crew to operate the schedule on time? It must be extremely frustrating for you.

On a separate (but perhaps related) note, the easyJet website still has Andy Harrisson as CEO. Surely it's time to get someone to change that now Carolyn McCall has taken over?

easyJet A321
8th Aug 2010, 20:45
If you look well before anyways most flights regardless of the airline has delays of usually 30 mins+ at LGW for what reason I don't know but its not just easyJet who is suffering from delays.

Walnut
9th Aug 2010, 03:55
I noticed ex TLS a few days ago the early flt from LGW was so late that its planned stand was allocated to Bmybaby. Consequently yet further time was lost awaiting a free gate. Then when on stand the traffic staff seemed to be lacking any urgency and yet more time was lost. BA and other carriers seemed to run much more professionally. It showed on the Ezy pax faces, such problems are very corrosive and will start to have a problem on pax yields before long.

dwlpl
9th Aug 2010, 09:13
All must be hunky dory now at Gatwick given that easyjet have sent a A319 up to Liverpool this morning from there.

The Flying Cokeman
9th Aug 2010, 10:54
Whalerider,

When doing the welcome PA I always stress out why we have have a delay. So when we have received slot because of French, Italian or Spanish ATC working slowly or actually being on strike I will tell them so. It may not be on the website for the public, but I can assure you that my pax having the delay will be told where the delay is caused. I am sure if not all- most pilots do so!?

If we have a substantial delay I will do the PA in the cabin giving them the reason for being delayed...that seem to calm people down.

kriskross
10th Aug 2010, 13:24
Couldn't agree more, Cokeman, I also try to establish what, if anything the pax have been told already about the delay, usually nothing or 'late inbound aircraft'.

Nicholas49
10th Aug 2010, 19:31
I must say that it is nearly always the captain who gives the genuine and full explanation to passengers, which is greatly appreciated.

It seems that often everyone else doesn't really care. I remember once overhearing a Swiss girl checking boarding passes at the gate in Geneva say to her colleague over the walkie-talkie in whispered French: "Oh, just tell them it's a "technical" problem - they won't know", obviously not realising some English people do understand French. Then you get on the aircraft and are told the full truth - we have come from London to rescue you!

Out Of Trim
11th Aug 2010, 15:27
It seems that often everyone else doesn't really care.

I think the main problem about lack of delay information; is actually down to the airline itself!

The ground-staff often only know that a certain aircraft/flight is late inbound but, have no idea why!

However, they have to answer pax questions about the delay without having sufficient information to pass on. :ugh:

easyJet A321
12th Aug 2010, 22:12
Having just read a blog type thing it says about Astraeus refusing to lease the 757 to easyJet after the end of this month and that they are desperately seeking for more 757's so what are their other options? Astraeus have a few more 757's but it seems they are all leased out except the blue one, will this be joining the easy fleet? BA have a few 757's lying about, maybe thats an option haha

BAladdy
13th Aug 2010, 10:35
Having just read a blog type thing it says about Astraeus refusing to lease the 757 to easyJet after the end of this month and that they are desperately seeking for more 757's so what are their other options? Astraeus have a few more 757's but it seems they are all leased out except the blue one, will this be joining the easy fleet?

EZY knew when they leased the AEU aircraft that it was only available until the end of August. As it had already been chartered by SV after that date to cove Hajj flights.

SV as in years gone buy have charted 3 aircraft from AEU to operate during Hajj.

G-STRW (blue aircraft) is under contract to operate MOD flights for the for seeable future

Astraeus Airlines | Boeing 737 & 757 Aircraft Leasing | Flystar (http://www.flystar.com/)

Maybe EZY will use the Titan 767 in place of AEU's 757 for the rest of the summer season.

student88
15th Aug 2010, 00:31
We are using G-POWD the Titan 767 on the weekends but due to the dispute over brand licensing can't use it planned as it's not in easyJet colours so are currently flying 2 A319s side-by-side to fly the flights that were planned for the 767!

Hull City AFC
15th Aug 2010, 00:54
Is there any new news as to what easyJet are planning to do at Doncaster?. Are they going to be coming back to DSA next year or is that it after Christmas. Hopefully they will come back and bring some new routes with them too!!! :ok:

elmdonlad
15th Aug 2010, 16:19
Hull City AFC

Heard rumour that they maybe looking at three based aircraft for Summer 2011, but DSA is competing with BHX for base.

ib_26_2010
16th Aug 2010, 09:40
easyJet BHX base?

Care to eloborate more on that rumour - Elmdomlad pleaseeee

PPRuNeUser0178
16th Aug 2010, 11:12
At Business brief the other day given by some feet/base planning director woman.

No new base for at least a year, it's not BCN and no UK airport is on the short list.

As for Doncaster, nothing planned for next year - will we be back, who knows?

windshear12
17th Aug 2010, 19:38
There are no plans for bhx to be a base. Its an ongoing topic but it is not going to happen for the near future. It was looked at but the yields were better overseas. We are not ruling out more routes from bhx and other uk airports but these routes will be operated from other bases on whatever pattern best suits operational. Emphasis is on productive expansion at man/lgw at the moment. New routes are still planned for man. Deployment of new aircraft to man will be announced accordingly. At the minute there are no plans for Doncaster. Routes are very successfull but the yields are much higher elswhere. Safe flying to all.

thebeehive
17th Aug 2010, 21:45
If you look well before anyways most flights regardless of the airline has delays of usually 30 mins+ at LGW for what reason I don't know but its not just easyJet who is suffering from delays.

come on, how can ANYONE defend EZY's LGW operations this summer with regard to on time performance and cancellations?

Be objective, it has been a shambles

derelicte
17th Aug 2010, 22:07
I have to say, that as concerned slf with plenty of fellow slfs to talk to, it is very hard to see how easyJet could fail to do well at BHX.

Especially when you see how they do at a ludicrously located airport like BRS.

easyJet A321
17th Aug 2010, 23:11
Has anyone noticed that lately things do seem to be improving at Gatwick? Take today for example hardly any delays, quite a few arriving before schedule and most landing before 15 mins after planned time. I hope that today isn't a one off and this continues!

Button-pusher
17th Aug 2010, 23:52
o bummer..

and ive just applied for cabin crew, i best start reading papers :/

Out Of Trim
18th Aug 2010, 00:12
come on, how can ANYONE defend EZY's LGW operations this summer with regard to on time performance and cancellations?

Be objective, it has been a shambles

Purely down to crewing issues and ATC problems downroute in terms of French and Spanish ATC strikes and working to rule! When the EZY fleet return so late to LGW and often all at once; then of course the fuellers etc struggle to catch-up and further delays ensue.

Then of course crewing hours become a problem and enforce cancellations.

OltonPete
18th Aug 2010, 00:25
derelicte

I understand your point re Bristol airports location but at least it has a wealthy catchment area, which no doubt helps.

As for BHX, there was little chance with the EMA base and Ryanair moving in to BHX. However with EMA gone. FR stagnant at BHX and not least the persistence of BHX itself it was hoped that it might happen.

Not that BHX would want the same as what has happened at MAN, as BHX would not stand competition on MUC, CPH or ZRH. However the CAA stats are showing some significant increases on business routes and BHX is far from a basket case.

However the routes BHX probably want such as Madrid, Rome, Barcelona, Berlin, Venice, Stockholm and Helsinki have been tried before and failed. The difference though is that most of these were operated by airlines using a different business model and in most cases the pax were there but either the yields were not or even more likely the operating cost of the airline was such that the services were not viable.

As a previous poster has said it does not have to be a base as some of the routes mentioned are bases already. easy have held slots for a couple of these routes in the past although that does not mean much, I know.

windshear12

I trust you mean "projected yields" when comparing BHX to other European potential bases, as for eight months of the year there are none from BHX.

Pete

Ian Brooks
18th Aug 2010, 06:47
Where Easy have moved in to compete on routes out of MAN there are some very significant increase in passengers carried so it appears they are not pinching pax off the
legacy carriers

Ian B

cesare.caldi
19th Aug 2010, 08:05
Route map show CDG-FEZ. It's a new route?

Jamie2k9
19th Aug 2010, 11:06
Easyjet launch Tel Aviv-Basel route. Will operate 3 times weekly from 5 December.

Seljuk22
19th Aug 2010, 16:25
3rd Nov GVA-HRG 2 weekly
11th Nov CDG-FEZ 3 weekly
5th Dec BSL-TLV 3 weekly

flying officer kite
20th Aug 2010, 15:44
out of curiosity what routes are getting the leased 757s the most?

Tranceaddict
20th Aug 2010, 20:28
The Titan 757 at STN does PMI and AGP with the occasional NAP at weekends

crewmeal
23rd Aug 2010, 06:08
Looks like Stelios is unhappy at the Titan arrangement of leasing in their a/c to operate their routes.

Stelios fumes at easyJet over use of Titan plane for flights : Luton Airport News Stories (http://www.uk-airport-news.info/luton-airport-news-220810.html)

Were Titan brought in to cover the Easy flying programme from LGW and LPL due to a/c shortages?

firstchoice7e7
23rd Aug 2010, 07:28
well stelios has got a short memory, i remember turning up at Barcelona several years ago to find my Easyjet flight was operated by a British World aircraft and crew.

sam dilly
23rd Aug 2010, 07:56
Worried about a leased in Titan Airplane ?
I would be too !
Titan are a fantastic organisation. Great planes, enormous legroom,
130 seats in a 737 300 against an industry standard of 148 (see Jet2 ) 195 seats in a 757 against an average 235.
I could go on and on.
No I dont work for Titan, but the company I work for regularly charters Titan.
The only problem we have had this summer was the 757 was at Easyjet, and we had to use a 767, and what a beautiful aircraft that is, you could smell the new fresh leather seats from the top of the Jetway !
Always on time, always a happy crew, etc.
Yes Easyjet be very worried, if Titan went into the schedules market, it would be Easy out, so Stelios might be correct in being frightened.

dwlpl
23rd Aug 2010, 08:17
Were Titan brought in to cover the Easy flying programme from LGW and LPL due to a/c shortages?

No, Air Finland was used from Liverpool.

compton3bravo
23rd Aug 2010, 08:23
The dispute is over the brand name - that is why the thre B757s are painted in easyJet colours. The management decided to lease the Titan B767 for a number of sectors but I understand it (please correct me if I amy wrong) is not in easy colours - that is why Stelios let the toys out of the pram. All very petty in my opinion - heads want banging together because it is not doing the easy brand any good at all.

sam dilly
23rd Aug 2010, 08:29
So Stelios has finally lost the plot.
the Titan 767 isnt in Easy colours, so forget the paying passengers, have another long delay and cancellations, but dont sub Titan ?
or indeed any other airline, because nobody else has a plane in " HIS COLOURS"
daft !

Charley B
23rd Aug 2010, 09:04
Stelios IS being silly--sure pax would rather travel in that lovely smart 767 and have no delays than have a long delay or a canx flight!
TITAN 767 has a really smart livery--one of the best ever seen at LGW in my opinion!
Please dont banish it yet Stelios!!!

stevop21
25th Aug 2010, 11:57
The Titan 767 looks lovely. Seems daft that Stelios is having a tantrum. Also heard a rumour that EZY are starting flight to LOS of all places :confused: Can anyone shed some light on this? It seems weird to me as would the load not have to be capped?

ryansf
28th Aug 2010, 09:19
I note that a couple of flights from Doncaster have been added in early January.... so much for the claims that they have no plans next year for Doncaster! ;)

OltonPete
28th Aug 2010, 10:55
ryansf

Do tell more.

Are you looking at the internal easyjet site as my browser is still
showing all flights end in October or 31/12/10.

I know you can get these type of blips but which destinations are on sale?

Pete

pug
28th Aug 2010, 11:04
Oltonpete, there are a few flights to AMS and BCN during the first week of January. Presumably they dont want to lose potential customers over the busy new year period, as they could only fly out there and not return after December 31st before, that is all.

h&s
28th Aug 2010, 11:17
exactly as they did for EMA when they closed the base.

OltonPete
28th Aug 2010, 11:35
Cheers for the replies

All makes sense really.

Pete

take-off
3rd Sep 2010, 21:50
Are tehre problems with the website, because for the last few days i can get on the site , but its not letting me check flights or book, doing the same for couple of mates too, click on submit screen changes as if going on to next page, all you get is home page back up, wonderering if thats why some of the ryanair flights was checking against easy have shot up in price, because nobody can get on:=

A319-100
4th Sep 2010, 08:51
Works fine for me

conti onepass
4th Sep 2010, 09:12
had an email saying 20% sale off every route , every day , every airport, the flight i want is still the same price it was before the sale, so im a bit confused, also checked some more flights they are all the same price. no discount at all....

Rusland 17
4th Sep 2010, 15:54
Titan are a fantastic organisation. Great planes, enormous legroom...Not in my experience.

I was booked to fly from Zurich to London City last Monday, in Club Europe. Turned up at the gate to discover that the flight was being operated by Titan. The seating was so cramped that my knees were right up against the seat in front. No elbow room whatsoever.No room for cabin baggage, either, so they took our bags off us at the gate. Dreadful airline.

TartinTon
4th Sep 2010, 16:18
had an email saying 20% sale off every route , every day , every airport, the flight i want is still the same price it was before the sale,

You must have missed those all-important 2 little words in front of 20% off....up to

Sark
4th Sep 2010, 18:24
Does anyone have the direct e-mail of the new CEO?

I have a number of issues with her airline that I would like to draw to her attention.

Bearpit
5th Sep 2010, 10:00
Would have thought if continuing into 2011, should be on sale now so assume bye-bye Doncaster. Surprised nothing official as yet???

airhumberside
5th Sep 2010, 10:34
Why would there be? Not something Easyjet will want to draw attention too

jetstreamtechrecords
5th Sep 2010, 12:13
I hear an orange 319 is being moved to BHD for 31/10 - LPL and BRS will contiinue and PIK switch to GLA. I think its whats called an up yours O Learey action. Cool.

NWSRG
5th Sep 2010, 12:39
Good news if true...obviously there's viable traffic on these routes, and the big orange will be a more pleasant experience than the yellow peril!

IOMspotter
5th Sep 2010, 14:52
EasyJet, Ryanair's closest rival, is the airline most likely to consider expansion as a result of Ryanair's surprise decision to axe its Belfast City Airport routes.

The airline, which now operates from both Belfast airports, says it is evaluating how it will be able to support the Northern Ireland marketplace as a result of the loss.

Said Ali Gayward, easyJet's UK Commercial Manager: "Additionally, in the short term we are just finalising how we may be able to assist those passengers already booked on Ryanair flights, and whose flights will now not be operating." (Ryanair's flights cease at the end of October).

"We hope to be able to make an announcement about how we can help in the next few days."

ara01jbb
5th Sep 2010, 15:31
I hear an orange 319 is being moved to BHD for 31/10 - LPL and BRS will contiinue and PIK switch to GLA. I think its whats called an up yours O Learey action. Cool.

I'd rate STN or LTN as a more important (and profitable) hole to fill come 31/10. A based a/c could offer a much more competitive morning departure than the LTN based a/c can.

fredtheanorak
5th Sep 2010, 16:11
id think Mike Rutter of FlyMaybe would want to spoil this little scheme. Shurely he will step in quick to fill the gaps Ryanair leave just to keep the Easy competition out?

ILS25
5th Sep 2010, 16:52
They have said they will see what they can do to help passangers let down by FR. Have they mentioned which airport from ?

EI-BUD
5th Sep 2010, 19:02
Are we going to see Easyjet do a campaign in Ryanair style 'Rescue fare of £10 for all stranded Ryanair passengers'?

or

Bye bye Ryanair as mentioned on here the other night?

ib26uk
5th Sep 2010, 19:03
Could easyJet operate effectively from BFS and BHD ?

European routes from BFS and Domestic routes from BHD ?

EI-BUD
5th Sep 2010, 19:10
European routes from BFS and Domestic routes from BHD ?

ib26uk

You are correct they could do this, but why would they go head to head with Flybe on some many of the BHD routes, LGW, GLA, EDI, NCL and at the same time leave an opening for a different airline at BFS and all the while as Easyjet would reducing services at BFS how long would it be before BFS start seriously looking at FR coming in?

EI-BUD

True Blue
5th Sep 2010, 19:37
Easyjet has to play the Bfs - Bhd situation carefully. Move too much to Bhd and Bfs will end up doing a deal with Fr. An Fr at Bfs with no restrictions re runway lenght, opening hours, pax cap. So far, the rumour is Bfs never did a deal with Fr to keep Ezy happy, but if Ezy start playing away, then the game changes for Bfs. That could end up being a bad senario for Ezy.

True Blue

CabinCrewe
5th Sep 2010, 20:52
Half the people using ie GLA-Belfast dont give two hoots which airport theyre going to so long as the pricings and timings suit, so I doubt there would be a significant change in numbers between BE and EZY even if they were head to head.

ernest gann
9th Sep 2010, 10:43
Yesterday in vicinity of Brussels EZY 5487 declared May Day. Any details.
Thanks.

First.officer
9th Sep 2010, 11:17
....passenger with suspected Heart Attack......hope all was well for the party involved.....

ben_keghead
10th Sep 2010, 11:36
easyJet confirm operations into Doncaster are to cease 04/01/2011

BREAKING NEWS: easyJet pulls out of Robin Hood Airport - Doncaster Today (http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/free-press-news/BREAKING-NEWS-easyJet-pulls-out.6525114.jp)

easy6826
10th Sep 2010, 14:53
I sense a hint of justice served to EMA after the pull out of easyjet from DSA!.

murpopus88
11th Sep 2010, 11:29
Losing an airline is bad news for any airport and definately not something to gloat over ,so as has been said on the other thread where you posted exactly the same message ,GROW UP.

Nakata77
12th Sep 2010, 04:04
rumours at bournemouth airport among staff are that easyJet are considering the scottish and sunshine routes that ryanair have vacated in the early winter months. what aircraft would be doing this? w's? or based?

frfly
12th Sep 2010, 06:14
Correct about the BFS to BHD and EZY/RYR debate. All it would take is a few routes to go across, passenger numbers to drop and Aer Lingus to hold expansion for a few more years and BFS may want to see RYR bring in a few routes, probably from other bases to start with ie AGP, FAO, ALC, VLC to test the waters.

OntimeexceptACARS
13th Sep 2010, 21:05
Heard elsewhere from a mate who works at LGW that an A321 was peeled open recently by a baggage truck, and the result is a potential airframe insurance write off. Is he wrong? Anyone have a pic of the offending prang?

Just curious, as a former wielder of airport ground equipment.....

Sky Wave
13th Sep 2010, 22:24
Heard elsewhere from a mate who works at LGW that an A321 was peeled open recently by a baggage truck,

G-TTID did indeed get a gash of approx 10ft one day before it was due to be off leased and positioned to Shannon.

and the result is a potential airframe insurance write off. Is he wrong?

Someone is getting a bit carried away. The repairs are complete and the aircraft is waiting to position to Shannon.

Anyone have a pic of the offending prang?

I've seen photos but don't happen to have any. Sorry.

SW

champair79
13th Sep 2010, 22:44
According to Jethro's, it says:

G-TTID "Parked dmgd Gatwick (ground incident), now declared W/O"

So one of you has the wrong end of the stick!

Champ

Ian Brooks
13th Sep 2010, 23:37
Wow someone must have hit it with a fair wack to do that, if it has been declared
a write off they must of done some more damage (structural maybe) than just ripping the skin as that can be replaced

Ian B

Akrapovic
14th Sep 2010, 08:48
sounds a bit fishy to me - wonder how much it was insured for ?? :hmm:

ben_keghead
14th Sep 2010, 12:16
Well thats 3 in a week! One in BCN, one in LPL and now 1 in LGW!!! The ones in BCN & LPL were fixed, but did cause significant disruption to the flying programme

apaul
14th Sep 2010, 13:50
MAN-MXP has always being served by another airline. Currently Flybe, and it took over the route from BA regional. There are also charter flights on the route.

tigger2k8
14th Sep 2010, 14:10
was caused by one of the electric buggies (slightly modified.. hence why it reached such a height).. as far as i can recall impact happened about 1m to the left of the hold 5 door, went right through the door itself and continued for about another 1-2ft to the right.... im guessing the no drive diamond was broke in this case :zzz:.. last i heard they were going to replace a panel instead of patching up..

Edit - just looked at the pics again, damage stops at the far end of the door to hold5

Sky Wave
14th Sep 2010, 22:42
So one of you has the wrong end of the stick!

It left LGW at 13:55 today for Shannon to be off leased. (as was always the plan)

I suppose there is the chance that it went unpressurised and it is a Write Off however the engineer told me it was all fixed so I assume that means Jethros is incorrect.

I believe they changed the bulk door, not sure if they patched or replaced the other panels.

SW

Seljuk22
18th Sep 2010, 11:00
With BA pulling out of Belgrade from 30th Nov. I think there is a real chance to see EZY (new flights to LJU and ZAG will be launched soon) at Belgrade next summer.
JAT (daily to LHR) and Wizz (3 weekly to LTN) are tho only ones on the London-Belgrade route.
http://exyuaviation.********.com/

GLIDERMAN
18th Sep 2010, 13:33
When are Easyjet likely to release their summer 2011 flights?

Jamesair
18th Sep 2010, 22:57
How are EZY progressing with improving their "on-time" performance from Gatwick? isn't the deadline for improvement 16th October?

My most recent experience was flying from Montpellier on the 11th Sept when the incoming flight was 45 minutes late and this would have been a first departure a/c from Gatwick. I do wonder what happened to the poor unfortunates who were due to fly to Luton at the same time..1000. They were on the a/c for an on-time departure but as we were making our very late taxi towards the runway the pax were sighted disembarking the aircraft and returning to the terminal looking very angry.

Jamie2k9
18th Sep 2010, 23:13
There seems to be very few cancellations which is a good thing. The French ATC strike didn't due them any favors.

Just looking at LGW website most flight are arriving around 20mins after they are due but a some are arriving in before time also. There is not many flights running over 60mins late. It's a huge improvement from a few weeks ago.

The Flying Cokeman
19th Sep 2010, 10:52
Quite a few delays at the moment from LGW as the French are on a minor strike this week and some of next week too. Spanish ATC go on strike on the 29th too :ugh:

Nicholas49
19th Sep 2010, 11:28
Can I ask a really basic question to someone such as The Flying Cokeman with "insider" knowledge of easyJet?

I can easily understand how delays build up in the schedule as the day progresses and turnaround times cannot be met, resulting in late arrivals and knock-on late departures.

However, I don't understand why first departures are often late departing? Is it because the flight and cabin crew aren't at the airport ready to go? Surely that is not the reason. So is it an ATC restriction? Or is it simply that there are still not enough full crew compliments to operate the schedule at the start of the day?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Nick

ben_keghead
19th Sep 2010, 12:07
"most" delays are due to slot or ground handling issues. Delays due to crew are in a very small minority

The Flying Cokeman
19th Sep 2010, 12:22
Nicholas49,

Delays from first wave are normally due to ATC restrictions. If that specific flight flies through French airspace where ATC are often on strike or "working slow" then you often get a slot outbound and inbound as well back to LGW. If ATC are not on strike you still get the odd slots flying to busy airports.

I have just finished a block of 5 earlies and have except from 1 day had slot restrictions on all my sectors. As an example I flew to Murcia and back (flying through french airspace) and got outbound a 1 hr and 33 mins SLOT- and return another 25 mins, causing delays for the next wave when we're back late when next crew are taking over the aircraft.

Apparently our new CEO wants to have a longer turn around between flights and thereby minimising delays. Some trials are to take place this winter, allocated seating is also rumoured....Time will tell.

Hope that answers your question.

Nicholas49
19th Sep 2010, 12:46
Thanks very much for the reply.

Can I just clarify what you mean by "got outbound a 1 hr and 33 mins SLOT"? Is this effectively a delay of 1 hr 33 mins?

I can see that increasing turnaround times will create a greater "buffer", thus reducing delays. But I imagine that a satisfactory resolution of the European ATC "issues" is equally fundamental to ensuring a more punctual service from all carriers.

For example, I flew back from the south of France this summer and the captain could hardly mask his annoyance at the slot delays imposed by French ATC!

Nick

The Flying Cokeman
19th Sep 2010, 12:54
yes the outbound flight going LGW-MJV was delayed 01:33 hrs and inbound MJV-LGW was delayed 00:25 hrs.

bobsyerunlce
21st Sep 2010, 19:51
Easyjet are to add Salzburg and Fuerteventura from December from Bristol as well as increasing their Edinburgh service to 4x daily. 39 routes now from BRS!

EI-BUD
21st Sep 2010, 19:59
allocated seating is also rumoured....Time will tell.

What would that mean for Speedyboarding plus cardholders?

EI-BUd

neil_2008
21st Sep 2010, 20:46
Goodness I do hope not. Had a dreadful flight with Jet2 this past weekend all down to allocated seating, vowed to avoid them again if poss for that reason alone.

TSR2
21st Sep 2010, 20:53
How on earth can you have a dreadful flight all down to allocated seating?

neil_2008
21st Sep 2010, 20:58
Turned up having paid £50 for pair of ex legroom seats together, even checked in online with printed boarding passes which were ripped up by ground agent and issued with 2 middle seats. Not a massive deal but just one thing you wouldn't worry about traveling EZY or FR.

EI-BUD
21st Sep 2010, 21:14
Not a massive deal but just one thing you wouldn't worry about traveling EZY or FR

Neil- you may well be correct here, unless of course you are on your way to the airport on a Sunday evening in Barcelona and you get a text to say that your flight has been cancelled.

That was my experience last Sunday evening together with 150 other passengers who were to fly to Belfast. No seats were available until Wednesday!!! And as I had to be in Belfast for 9am yesterday I had to take a flight to Liverpool Sunday night, then pay £129 for a hotel for 1 night, and then book a new flight to Belfast for 7am take off!! Flight late on BCN LPL and got to LPL 1am! So after bags picked up 2am bed up 5am for checkin at 6!!!

The whole experience was painful, we were exhausted, and the conditions on Sunday evening in the Easyjet part of T2 (c) was like 3rd world conditions, priority checkin for easyjet plus card holders was slower than the long queue, and it was long. Then another long queue through a narrow security channel. Many people skipped the queue.

A regular flier on Easyjet I am and like the airline but this experience was the worst I have ever had. It made me realise how bad it has been for all the inconvenienced passengers over the summer due to disruptions especially on Sunday evenings.

Some people re booked out of Barcelona to Belfast (Aer Lingus) for Monday at prices in the region of €350. 2 passengers had to get home and booked Aer Lingus to Cork and pledged they would not fly Easyjet again....

Not even sure what the reason for cancellation was... yes there were french strikes but all the other flights were operating. One interesting thing was that the flight was on the departures board but not marked cancelled, but close to the official departure time it was reading flight closing but there was no flight operating!!
Rant over. Easyjet get your house in order.

EI-BUD

True Blue
21st Sep 2010, 22:11
re previous post from EI-BUD. I flew yesterday morning Bfs - Brs. The guy beside me told me he was due to fly Bfs - Brs on Sunday night, but flight was cancelled as they were in the queue to board, due to one of the doors not closing properly. Only 14 from Sunday night got on the Monday morning flight, some are having to wait until Wednesday, he claimed. They were put in the airport hotel Sunday night and are to get 250 euro compensation. Interestingly, he said this had to be claimed it is not paid automatically. This may be the reason the Bcn flight was cancelled.

True Blue

Kavs8
21st Sep 2010, 22:28
Any thats why i fly Aer Lingus :ok: Have to give credit also to EZY they're not as snappy as Ryanair e.g. the fight with abertis didnt escalate too a WITHDRAWL!

tigger2k8
21st Sep 2010, 23:05
In reply to the BFS posts.. to sum up the events of that day

the inbound aircraft (from PMI) was delayed by approx 2 hours, this was due to take out the BCN, however it was cancelled (reason, no doubt the usual crew or ATC strikes), so the aircraft sat on stand 24 from around 1500 until it was due to go out to BRS at 1940, meanwhile on stand 18 one of the emergency doors was inop, which meant that the aircraft had to fly with -30 PAX, this aircraft was due to take out the FAO flight, after some messing around it was decided that the aircraft on stand 24 (due to take out the BRS) would go to FAO instead..

the aircraft with the inop door was then due to go to BRS... this time around 20 PAX were to be offloaded, volunteers came forward....the captain wanted seats blocked/taped off around the emergency door that didn't work, the whole process of contacting EZY ops to find out the procedure / cleaning and catering.. took so long that it pushed the crew out of hours leading to it being cancelled...another factor, dont know if it was relevant, was that the aircraft had been fueled for the FAO flight... could this have made it too heavy for landing in BRS also? can remember a similar thing happening with a 737 last year..

edit - id like to add that this is all i know, there could have been other reasons for the cancellation of either the BCN or BRS flight

the french strikes are hit and miss, some flights will be affected and some wont.. some will get crap slots, then get them cancelled and depart on time, some will be delayed.. just wait until the spanish join in

ps. handling agents do not hand out compensation, all has to be applied for.. only hotel and transportation / communication / food vouchers are provided on the day

ben_keghead
22nd Sep 2010, 08:21
Liverpool to Grenoble (from January)
Additional flight from Liverpool to Belfast each day
and also rumoured to be announced soon is Liverpool to Salzburg.

Martane
22nd Sep 2010, 17:31
Have received the following email today (22sep). 10 housepoints for the first person who can spot what's wrong with it...

Sent: 22 September 2010 02:06
To: Travel Invoices
Subject: Your easyJet flight to LGW on 23/09/2010

Booking Ref :-E-------

Dear Mrs JOHN SMITH,

We are writing to say how sorry we are for the delay to your flight on 23/09/2010 to LGW airport. Regrettably this was caused by a technical issue with the aircraft.

Safety is our number one priority and we work hard to ensure that all our aircraft are maintained to a high standard. Unfortunately from time to time technical faults do occur and we always take immediate action to address any issues which on this occasion has meant a delay to your flight.

We recognise the inconvenience that this will have caused you and would like to assure you that we strive hard to provide the best possible service to all of our customers and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Yours sincerely

easyJet Customer Services

We would welcome feedback on how we assisted you in the airport. If you would like to participate then please click here

eggc
22nd Sep 2010, 17:41
Nope...I can't spot it Mrs Smith :}

Bergholt
22nd Sep 2010, 17:49
Email sent 22 September 2010 apologising for a delayed flight on 23/09/2010.

anna_list
22nd Sep 2010, 17:51
Hi Martane,

That's brilliant: It seems that Easyjet can predict their "technical issues" at least 24 hours in advance. That should definitely help with the scheduling ...

davidjohnson6
22nd Sep 2010, 18:00
It may be entirely legit, but I would have issues with an email coming from the rnmk.com domain (or providing that as the principal email address for replies) on a matter relating to Easyjet, especially when www.rnmk.com (http://www.rnmk.com) returns nothing, and a look-up of rnmk.com shows it to be controlled by a company based in Bozeman, Montana in the USA, outside the EU, and potentially breaching data protection laws

Outsourcing day-to-day tasks is one thing, but appearing to effectively disclaim responsibility for correspondence when a customer is about to be told that the supply of goods has been cancelled is not generally a good idea

h&s
22nd Sep 2010, 21:28
allocated seats is more than a rumor
and AMS the next new base? (or CPH now the priority since Transavia pulled out?)

ib26uk
22nd Sep 2010, 22:59
Amsterdam or Copenhagen or Lisbon !!!!!!! Who knows :ok:

Alsacienne
23rd Sep 2010, 09:59
Bring back the LPL-BSL route!!! :ok:

egnxema
23rd Sep 2010, 19:10
What is the latest with EZY and the brand issue with Stelios?

I heard from a coupl eof UK tourist boards today that have previously done much joint marketing with EZY that the airline is restricted from doing so at the moment until the brand issue is sorted.

Any updates?

conti onepass
23rd Sep 2010, 19:50
50 pound for extra legroom on jet2??? it was 8.99 when i went to turkey the other week.

TSR2
23rd Sep 2010, 21:18
I assume neil 2008 paid for extra legroom seats at £11.99 per flight. That works out at £47.92 for a pair of return tickets.

Tom355uk
26th Sep 2010, 21:41
Hi,

Does anybody know when EZY will release their Summer 2011 timetables? I'm looking to holiday in France next year, and the LTN-MPL flight is perfect, but obviously I can't book it until they go on sale :}

tangarizie
30th Sep 2010, 16:53
A portuguese newspaper notices today that Easyjet decided to create a base at Lisbon, which will be announced "in the next 3 weeks".

easyJet A321
30th Sep 2010, 18:01
Summer 2011 on sale!!!! Very shocked to be honest.

Fernanjet
30th Sep 2010, 18:38
not from lgw, ltn, stn though......

easyboy22
30th Sep 2010, 19:14
Rest over next few days....

Aeronave
30th Sep 2010, 20:18
Rest over next few days....

Hopefully some route announcements. How it will go on with the Middle East, Lissabon and my lovely Dresden....?

wanna_be_there
30th Sep 2010, 20:30
I believe MAN will have some new routes, as rumours of a 2 weekly BEG and at least 2 more along side it. Also ties into the fact MAN has always seen up to 3 news routes every new summer/winter timetable.
Add to that EZY have said they want 10 units based by summer 2012, so I think they are up to 6 now, meaning possibly 2 units for 2011 and 2 more in 2012. if they want to get an level increase.

easyflyer83
30th Sep 2010, 21:04
Only 5 based units at the moment and will remain so over the Winter.

andy mach 1
30th Sep 2010, 21:19
Looking at the times the MAN - AMS evening flight for the summer will be a based a/c rather than a W pattern as this winter.

First week of June has holes in the schedules at the moment, but shows 6 departures on a Saturday morning 0600 Mahon; 0605 Corfu; 0630 Malta; 0700 Dalaman; 0710 Amsterdam and 0715 Malaga. Sunday again 6 with 0615 Alicante; 0615 Bastia; 0700 Paphos; 0715 Athens; 0725 Malaga; 0805 Amsterdam.

Geneva is still a W pattern in the evening

Andrew

easyflyer83
30th Sep 2010, 23:17
Thats right, AMS will be operated soley by MAN crews. PFO is twice daily on a couple of days. The schedule will be added to in due course. For example, no Friday ALC's are currently showing............Friday is often the busiest day for Alicante and Malaga's and would be very surprising if the schedule doesn't reflect this.

As for new routes... one of them is likely to be SAW and GIB has been rumoured aswell. I would also expect a longer distance leisure route aswell, perhaps Summer seasonal.

Airlift21
30th Sep 2010, 23:39
Does anyone know how many Easyjet a/c are based at LGW? Also, might it be likely that they will further increase the amount of a/c based there?

Airlift21

The Flying Cokeman
30th Sep 2010, 23:49
43 aircrafts based in LGW

wanna_be_there
1st Oct 2010, 07:54
There were also strong rumours of AMM-LGW/MAN? Any further news on this?
I never thought of MAN-GIB, but ZB has just added a further frequency on their MAN-GIB which would suggest the route is doing well, so its not totally inconceivable.

compton3bravo
1st Oct 2010, 15:34
I think you will find that the extra Monarch frequency is only up to the middle of November then it reverts back to three weekly. Easy did operate a twice daily service from Gatwick to Gib up to last year (inherited from GB Airways) but now only operates a daily service which has seen there prices far higher on average than the daily Monarch services into Luton.

dwlpl
1st Oct 2010, 19:07
Summer '11 from Liverpool will see 10 based aircraft.

Illuminated Windsock
1st Oct 2010, 19:37
Does anybody know what has happened to tonights flight. Unable to get any info from Robin Hood Airport or Web Site as its down.

wanna_be_there
1st Oct 2010, 20:09

?????? why post this as nobody asked?

easyboy22
1st Oct 2010, 20:27

Why not... Confirming 10 based units.. Some people may not know

sealink
2nd Oct 2010, 10:00
I'm sure as this is a forum on easyjet, everyone will be interested in how many a/c lpl will have based. You don't need to be asked a question to post a comment. Strange remark by the earlier viewer.

easyJet A321
2nd Oct 2010, 12:09
I'm just trying to work out what routes are still to be announced from the current S11 schedule at MAN well firstly it seems it's going to be 3 X A320 and 3 X A319. The schedule seems to be the same from Monday - Friday like same sort of times for same sector lengths but heres monday for example:

AC 1 (A319) - AMS, CPH, HEL
AC 2 (A319) - ALC, then a gap from 12:25 - 18:05 where it then goes into operate MUC. Any ideas about this route?
AC 3 (A319) - AGP, HAM, AMS
AC 4 (A320) - MLA, DLM
AC 5 (A320) - TFS, CFU
AC 6 (A320) - Not filled much for the morning rotation but usually has an afternoon rotation such as PFS. The route to go here would have to be in for around 13:00 hours, any ideas?

TBH looking at the schedule its already quite full with the exception of maybe two shorter sectors so unless theres going to be another based A320 I can't see any of these longer sectors which were rumoured earlier this year being announced.

easyflyer83
2nd Oct 2010, 12:43
At this early stage trying to formulate each aircrafts schedule is a futile effort. I once tried doing this well in advance of S10 and the schedule has ended up very differently. By the same token, this Winters AMS was to be followed by the SSH on certain days and this has also changed.

Expect 7 aircraft for Summer 2011.

conti onepass
2nd Oct 2010, 13:01
havent you missed some routes off the lists there easyjet321, like malta mahon etc

Zippy Monster
2nd Oct 2010, 13:28
You've missed ZRH off that list. It's been a first wave flight this summer, switches to an evening rotation for the winter; not sure what it's going to be next summer. Expect it to be on there somewhere though - as I understand it, it's done well.

From your list it would probably be the 'missing' rotation on an A319, but a midday flight won't do business people any good like an early morning or early evening flight would.

Ian Brooks
2nd Oct 2010, 14:22
Shows on website as a 13.15 ex Man and 16.40 ex ZRH

Ian B

Mr A Tis
2nd Oct 2010, 17:05
Ah, almost same time as the Swiss A320. Why they keep wanting to go head to head with Swiss & Lufthansa I don't know ( ZRH, HAM, MUC), when there are so many destinations not served from MAN.
For me, I'd chose SWR /DLH any day over EZY. Now if they operated to VIE, BIO or TXL I might be tempted (but only slightly).

easyflyer83
2nd Oct 2010, 17:49
...Because it is not upto individual airlines to make sure that airports have "ego boosting" networks. Whilst I find it amazing that MAN doesn't have a MAD or TXL flight, Easyjet are not in the business of providing civic pride. Hence they operate on routes that they know will make a profit. For example out of MAN EZY have increased the market to MUC and CPH and so caused little impact on your beloved LH and SK as a consequence.

Ringwayman
2nd Oct 2010, 17:58
Moot point if U2 have increased the market themselves to MUC since LH has reported a very large increase themselves on that route (and ordinary large increases on their other routes ex-MAN). I imagine as based units ramp up, we'll see more of what might be deemed "better" routes ex-MAN emerge.

Ian Brooks
2nd Oct 2010, 18:13
Easyjet seem now to be focusing on larger airports which is where most of their larger growth is coming from i:e LGW/MAN and LPL which is a little bit of an odd ball
but condsidering they gave Easy a lot of their early increases is not suprising.
How much more can they increase at LGW with 43 aircraft already? Manchester should be in double figures by 2012 and I can see that increasing in the future maybe at the cost of LPL expansion which seems to have stopped

Ian B

Ringwayman
2nd Oct 2010, 18:29
I believe what's happening is that because MAN seems to be gaining an aircraft every 6 months (or less) over the past couple of years, the expansion at LPL is hardly being noticed as it appears to be more measured.

Collectively a MAN/LPL fleet combo is going to be 22 or 23 strong by the time the London Olympics comes along. Which makes me wonder would have happened if both LPL and MAN were abandoned in the 1950s and Burtonwood used as the Northwest gateway instead.

Zippy Monster
2nd Oct 2010, 18:31
For me, I'd chose SWR /DLH any day over EZY.

I think most people would in terms of on-board service - I think Swiss's short-haul service is among the best in Europe, FAR better than BA - but for a lot of people price is king. With the odd exception here (there is the occasional good deal available if you book miles in advance and get lucky), Swiss just do not compete price-wise. And that's for a return - if you want to book one-way, forget it with Swiss.

I now use the easyJet flight regularly and it is invariably very well loaded, and the crew I've chatted to tell me it's like that most of the time.

wanna_be_there
2nd Oct 2010, 18:53
Firstly, sorry if my comment rubbed people up the wrong way. I was just genuinly confused to the LPL statement as it didnt add anything to the previous posts, and apart from a small amount of hoo-ha, it wasnt going to add anything to later posts.

Anyway, it seems MAD will saty at LPL due EZY being happy with the loads from there and may not want to dilute them. BA/IB will be adding MAN-MAD soon enough anyway so all is not lost.
MAN also seems to get a new unit and 3 new routes for every winter/summer season, so we can expect more of the same.
For a levelled expansion to 10 units by summer 2012, maybe 2 units for summer 2011, one for winter 11/12 and 2 for summer 2012?

Ian Brooks
2nd Oct 2010, 23:19
I don`t think we will se much more expansion at LPL as they are going for the big airports now, 2011 at LPL is the same as 2010 10 aircraft

Ian

easyflyer83
3rd Oct 2010, 01:21
Easyjet aren't necassarilly going for the big airports, they are going for the most convenient. For Liverpool, Lpl are the moat convenient, for Manchester, Man are the most convenient.

lfc84
3rd Oct 2010, 05:04
@wanna_be_there

as a lurker of the forum I found dwpl post on 1 Oct informative. Your post didn't rub me up the wrong way I just found it very confusing. Posts 1490 and 1494 didn't get such a comment however they were equally informative.

I donty understand why make a statement at all about the dwpl post on 1 Oct ?

Even more confusing was your subsequent statement saying: "it wasnt going to add anything to later posts."

Can you predict the future? Can you predict future posts.

Like I say, dwpl's post was informative, on topic and not dissimilar to previous posts.

wanna_be_there
3rd Oct 2010, 10:42
I donty understand why make a statement at all about the dwpl post on 1 Oct ?

Look, I think what I have said is being taken the wrong way and quite frankly, I cant be bothered to explain what I meant as:
1) It will still be taken the wrong way no matter how I explain it
2) It will take the forum completely off topic and the posts will be deleted anyway

So, just forget about it and lets keep it easyjet based from now on.