PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet - 4

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

danielson81
17th Nov 2009, 22:49
Announced at the Dubai Airshow today that EZY has signed a deal with SR Technic that will see it's Airbus fleet being maintained at a new facility in Malta frm Q3 2010...

Well if there are any technical problems on flights out of MLA, they don't have to wait for parts to be flown in etc. :)

Exasperated
17th Nov 2009, 23:12
Easyjet making less than £1 per passenger over full year, FR making over £9 per passenger based on half years results.

Racedo

Misleading

If you are going to quote statistics use like for like otherwise they are worse than useless.

On this basis for the last annual results I can reword your statement as follows:

"Easyjet making less than £1 per passenger, FR making a loss of around €3 per passenger based on latest available annual results."

See I can put a completely different slant on results.

Ex (a statistician)
--------------------------------------

Sir Charles Dilke said in October 1891 that ".....false statements might be arranged according to their degree under three heads, fibs, lies, and statistics". This is thought to be the basis for the famous quote "lies, damned lies and statistics" often incorrectly attributed to Mark Twain and Benjamin Disraeli, Earl of Beaconsfield.

racedo
19th Nov 2009, 12:42
Well then lets just do it on Operating profit so excluding one offs

In this case Ryanair made £1.58 per passenger, Easy still at £1.

befree
19th Nov 2009, 18:28
And next year ryanair have to cut fares by 3 euros per pax in order to fill another 15% more seats. easyjet may be able to riase fare as they serve main airports. We are at the point were I think Easyjet will become more profitable and Fr head towards making a yearly loss. As I have said they haev too much cash to go under it is just thepile will shrink.

Seat62K
19th Nov 2009, 21:22
I was recently looking through the Spanish airport operator AENA's consolidated timetable for Madrid and noticed that it showed a scheduled easyJet flight (EZY5474) to Stansted - on a Saturday, departing 0730 - but no other easyJet flights to Stansted or any at all from Stansted to Madrid.

My immediate thoughts were: Has easyJet been operating from Madrid to Stansted without my knowing?!; How odd to operate a route in one direction only and with only one flight a week!

After giving it some consideration I have concluded that this flight may have to do with rotating the 319 fleet at the Madrid base for maintenance purposes and that seats were probably not sold on these flights. Either that or there were errors in the AENA timetable.

I ought to add that this timetable was for the summer season and so it is impossible now to check on easyjet.com whether it was possible to buy seats on these flights. The operational dates given by the AENA publication were 4 April to 24 October.

Can anyone throw light on this?

P.S. The timetable shows Luton-Madrid as a 737 operation - except on Saturdays when it was a 319. So presumably, this replaced the 319 which would have flown to Stansted earlier in the day. Why Stansted and not Gatwick or Luton......?

Captain_Caveman
19th Nov 2009, 21:33
seat62k

Nope, easyjet have never flown STN-MAD or MAD-STN. The flight number mention sounds like it relates to a LGW flight. Flights on the Luton mix are shown as Boeings but in reality tends to end up as a mix of Airbus/Boeings.

racedo
20th Nov 2009, 22:23
BBC News - Easyjet apologises for photoshoot at Holocaust memorial (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8371208.stm)

Easyjet has apologised after fashion photographs shot at the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin were published in its in-flight magazine.In the pictures, models pose in designer clothes among the concrete blocks of the "Field of Stelae".

===============

Oops is the only polite expression which comes to mind.

Sometime the best laid plans of mice and men crash and burn.

johnnychips
20th Nov 2009, 23:04
Not really to do with aviation, but how many people are 'offended' by things like this, until they're told to be 'offended' by the media. Mods do remove this if irrelevant.

Seljuk22
24th Nov 2009, 08:57
8th Feb CDG-HEL daily
8th Feb CDG-AGA 4 weekly
9th Feb CDG-CTA 3 weekly

11th Feb MXP-CMN 6 weekly
11th Feb MXP-AGA 3 weekly
12th Feb MXP-OPO 5 weekly
30th March MXP-MLA 3 weekly

28th March STN-CAG daily

13th Jun-28th Sep LPL-MLA 2 weekly

easyJet announces 10 NEW routes for 2010 (http://corporate.easyjet.com/en/media/latest-news/news-year-2009/24-11-09.aspx)

NorthCountryBoy76
24th Nov 2009, 09:00
Manchester - Helsinki also finally showing

easyboy22
24th Nov 2009, 09:28
Man-Hel Starts 8th Feb 4x weekly

MUFC_fan
24th Nov 2009, 13:45

Shame it is not a new route from MAN and I doubt it will affect Finnair's loads too badly considering they have a huge onward connection to Asia.

Some very 'different' routes from MAN to say the least!

mrloop
25th Nov 2009, 16:24
Also HAM-LGW from 02 Feb 2010

mickyman
25th Nov 2009, 17:22
befree

'Fr head towards making a yearly loss.'

Now THAT would make a change wouldnt it !

MM

easyboy22
27th Nov 2009, 12:58
The rumours of Man Zrh and Mah are apparently true and are next
to be announced soon as is Ssh which has be rumoured for a long time .

pee
27th Nov 2009, 13:34
Shame it is not a new route from MAN and I doubt it will affect Finnair's loads too badly.
Well indeed, shame it is not a new route from HEL. Why? Look at this:

Discounts for new routes from 1.9.2009.

To promote new connections, Finavia [Finnish Civil Aviation Authority] grants discounts on landing and passenger charges for new routes.
Discounts are granted to new routes for a maximum period of three years. A new route means a connection between two airports with no previous scheduled services.

Discounts at Helsinki-Vantaa airport

Discount on landing charge
1st year 90%
2nd year 70%
3rd year 50%

Discount on passenger charge
1st year 70%
2nd year 50%

Didn't they know about it @EZY?
There still exist a few easyJet apts with no direct connection to HEL - like BSL, LYS, SXF(!!!)...

MUFC_fan
27th Nov 2009, 14:53
I was going to say, maybe HEL from MAN, LGW and CDG are just tester routes and then more destinations maybe opened up.

underfish
27th Nov 2009, 15:26
LGW is already not tester route, cause it exists for a year and it's load factor is 10% above the plan - Press release - Helsinki-Vantaa - Airport (http://www.helsinki-vantaa.fi/hel_pressrelease?id=1552942) I think it is the real reason of CDG-HEL and MAN-HEL routes to be opened. SXF could be very successful destination from HEL and the granted discount is one of the reason.

OltonPete
1st Dec 2009, 18:06
If my maths brain is still alive, I calculate that the 90-day consultation
period ends this week and was wondering if a final decision has been
made?

The last time I checked they are still selling the East Mids flights
beyond 10/01/10 with warning that the flight might be cancelled.

Pete

Balair
2nd Dec 2009, 08:37
The cynical ones amongst us will say the decision was already made before they entered into the "consultation period" It is merely the official announcement of the fact that is awaited!

Seljuk22
4th Dec 2009, 07:36
November:

passengers: 3,351,187 +12.2%
load factor: 84.8% (+0.9 pp)

(Ryanair: 4.96 mln +15%, 80% +1pp)

Balair
7th Dec 2009, 13:24
The airport's website today has confirmation that Easyjet's flights will cease on 05/01/10.

OltonPete
7th Dec 2009, 17:10
easyJet.com - East Midlands Airport (http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/east_midlands_airport.html)

I am surprised at the lack of comment re the one alternative of offerring to transfer passengers to BMI Baby flights.

Today competitors next year mates!

An extremely decent offer by easyjet to say the least.

Would there be some financial compensation for BMI baby? Obviously
I don't know how many bookings this involves but say if easyjet charge
£20 a flight less on average over several routes (easy certainly are cheap in advance) that could be a tidy sum involved.

Just can't imagine Ryanair arranging the same with flybe when they
cancelled BHX-HHN. Mind you I could imagine MOL offering flybe 1000
x 0.02p's in lieu to put the pax on the BE to Frankfurt!!!!!!

Pete

ryanair1
8th Dec 2009, 12:35
will easyjet be doing any BOH flights for summer 2010?

BOH-GVA has been operated now for 4 years successfully 8 flights per week but i cant for the life of me fathom why its only operated in the winter.

tommyc2005
8th Dec 2009, 13:19
I agree ryanair1, crazy decision to operate all those Geneva flights in winter during the ski season while operating nothing at all in the summer when people want to head for the beach :ugh:

airhumberside
8th Dec 2009, 15:55
Just because the ski season is over, and there is more demand for beach holidays, doesn't mean BOH-GVA can't work year round. Might be worth looking in a summer 'Lakes and Mountains' holiday brochure? And that would just be one potential source of summer passengers. Second home owners, and maybe even limited business traffic would be attracted by a year round service

What maybe the issue is are there better uses for the aircraft in the summer, such as flights to 'beach' destinations?

Flitefone
8th Dec 2009, 16:12
I've been a regular user of this route, and will again this year, not once for skiing though! In my case its work.

But what you see when you use the BOH - GVA flight is consistent good loads and yes of course skiers, but much more than I would have expected of VFR traffic... all those wrinklies that are reputed to live in the BOH catchment have friends and relatives in Switzerland that they visit and who in turn also travel to BOH to visit Granny.

The consistent message from pax is that its so much easier than Gatwick or LHR, and god forbid Luton or Bristol (due nightmare road journeys).

The Air Berlin experience was very similar re VFR from BOH for Germany.

I agree with Ryanair 1, there is scope for a year round GVA, though perhaps at reduced freq.

FF

Fuzzy Duck
9th Dec 2009, 07:49
AH to leave EZY in June 2010

Brace brace!!!

1pudding1
9th Dec 2009, 07:51
Any sauce?

LHRjc
9th Dec 2009, 07:59
STOCKS NEWS UK-EasyJet falls on CEO resignation | Markets | Market Movers | Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKGEE5B80F420091209)

dontdoit
9th Dec 2009, 08:31
Strong rumour that Mike Sucks is on the way back, aaargh!

Sir George Cayley
9th Dec 2009, 10:48
Oi! Pudding, stop thinking about food. 'any sauce?:rolleyes:

Tomato, brown? Or do you mean 'source'?:ok:

Sir George Cayley

anotherthing
9th Dec 2009, 10:54
By sauce 'pudding' might be meaning scandal... that's my take on the question.

SKY's4ME
9th Dec 2009, 10:56
Quite simply it appears he has lost the support of his workforce!

flap15
9th Dec 2009, 10:59
More likely he's had enough of Cor. Alas my bonus wont let me leave.

h&s
9th Dec 2009, 11:54
Andy Harrison just resigned
Share loosing 9% at the moment!!!

h&s
9th Dec 2009, 11:56
wall street journal

LONDON (Dow Jones)--EasyJet PLC (EZJ.LN) Wednesday said Chief Executive Andy Harrison had resigned, the third major boardroom departure in just under a year in the wake of a long boardroom battle with founder Stelios Haji-Ioannou.
The budget carrier said Harrison "has indicated his desire to leave the company in order to seek new challenges," but didn't indicate what he planned to do next.
He will remain in his current role until June 30, 2010, but his contract has been amended to ensure a smooth transition until a new chief executive can be found.
Harrison, 52, wasn't immediately available to comment.
At the same time, easyJet said Michael Rake will take over from David Michels as chairman from Jan. 1, 2010. Rake has been deputy chairman and senior independent director since June.
Michels has been interim Chairman since Colin Chandler retired in July. Chandler's retirement came a couple of months earlier than expected.
The airline is also still searching for a chief financial officer after Jeff Carr resigned in May, which followed Haji-Ioannou's refusal to approve last year's annual accounts.
Late last year, a boardroom spat erupted between the easyJet founder and the board. Haji-Ioannou had been concerned the company's growth strategy was too aggressive during the economic downturn and after nearly eight months, both sides eventually settled to annual growth of seats flown at 7.5%, instead of 15%.
It expects to have 207 aircraft in its fleet by 2012, up from the 181 it had as of Sep. 30 2009, but has some flexibility to defer 50% of its orders, if it gives manufacturer Airbus 18 months notice.
Carr took up the role of finance director at bus and rail company FirstGroup PLC (FGP.LN) and, in August, easyJet appointed Bob Rothenberg as non-executive director on Haji-Ioannou's request.
Despite three senior boardroom departures in under a year, the airline said it was confident that it was well positioned for the future.
Rake said: "Andy Harrison has done a great job over the past four years and under his leadership, easyJet has developed into a truly pan-European airline operating Europe's leading air transport network. EasyJet has a very strong senior management team and I look forward to being part of the continuing development of the business."
Wyn Ellis, analyst at Numis, described the airline's founder as a "complex character, well-known for his forthright opinions", saying that was "a set of circumstances that might be considered to make life complicated for independently-minded executive directors."
A spokeswoman for Haji-Ioannou said he declined to comment. He owns 15.5% stake but together with his brother and sister, the family has a 38% interest in the airline.
Gerald Khoo, analyst at Arbuthnot Securities, said, "We remain positive on easyJet's long-term fundamentals, with opportunities to gain market share profitably during the recession. However, we accept that a company with no permanent CFO and in search of a new CEO may well struggle to outperform in the short term."

MUFC_fan
9th Dec 2009, 15:08
Sir Stelios - I think it is your time once again...

racedo
9th Dec 2009, 16:49
Sir Stelios - I think it is your time once again...

The history of company founders who sell on part of their shareholding to do something else which bellys up and then return to sack the professional management so they can try and redo history is not good.

There is a reason why entrepreneurs sell on and thats because the requirement for growth is vastly different from the requirement for entrepreneurship.

This sends out all the wrong messages in Stelios being unwilling to let go so anybody joining in a senior capacity in the future knows the boss will always be interfering.

MUFC_fan
9th Dec 2009, 17:22
It makes me laugh, Stelios is the biggest shareholder in the company, yet he still does not have a controlling stake.

This means, if the dispute was based on the expansion of the airline, the board would be able to go ahead as they planned as Stelios only has a 38% say. If he was so wrong, then surely the board would be confident enough that the remaining 62% would agree with the proposed expansion if an EGM was called on the matter, which would never happen.

Does this not mean that the board themselves didn't believe in their own expansion plans?

If I had a serious investment in a company and had employed personnel to run it for me, I would have confidence in their decisions. However, if I felt that it would stand a chance of ruining my stake in the company, then I would have my say and I am sure that Stelios thought hard before making his opinion known.

Now the matter of him returning to the board. I am pretty sure it isn't going to happen any time soon. The man has moved on and his interest will now solely be the numbers on the books rather than the smiles on the faces of passengers (being one of his early day pleasures). However, being an entrepraneur, surely he would be able to bring something different to the airline.

It is arguable that MOL is an entrepranuer - he pretty much started Ryanair from scratch in their new format and has consistently grown the carrier. He has certainly brought something different to the industry - could Stelios not return and do the same? Just a question...

It is no doubt that Stelios has revolutionised the European skies and he should be respected for that. His experience in the airline industry may not be the longest but surely he has more 'know-how' than certain members of the board. It's not like the CEO worked in a different industry, say motor maintenance, is it? Oh wait...

racedo
9th Dec 2009, 18:07
MUFC at 38% you pretty much have a controlling shareholding as you will get a certain amount of institutional support simply because they don't wish to upset the applecart and also a certain number of private shareholders who will never bother to vote. At the level you can just vote down whoever you want.

Stelios is appointing his own people to the board and undermining existing directors who he disagrees with i.e. CFO who resigned earlier in the year because Stelios refused to support signing of annual accounts.

I think he is making an error as Easyjet was succesful because the timing was right not just because of him, he had a big part to play but EGO can over rule head with succesful people.

Looking at the track record since the Airline started up is there another success that can be claimed where he sold on for a big profit or a string of failed ventures, failed ventures are ok because entrepreneurs don't succeed at everything BUT continued sustained failures may question the judgement and make him require the cash.

If you let go then let go but keep coming back in forces people to wonder is it the management making decisions or the biggest shareholder and that provides uncertainty and financial markets hate uncertainty in any company.

MUFC_fan
9th Dec 2009, 18:28
At the level you can just vote down whoever you want.

So if he, as you say, basically has a controlling stake in the company - why can't he appoint and mix as he wishes?

It isn't his fault that people don't want to 'upset the apple cart' or can't be bothered to vote.

There is no-one on this forum, or anywhere for that matter of fact, allow an investment to go tits up. He has obviously made a calculated judgement less he wouldn't have made it public.

The board seem to disagree with him, yet the 'big one' - Southwest, seem to agree with the Greek. They have REDUCED their flying by 6% year on year:

"Southwest’s passenger traffic increased by about 5 percent during the third quarter versus 2008 totals, even as it reduced flying by 6 percent." (Southwest Airlines' strategy for growth is in the bag - Chicago Tribune (http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/nov/08/travel/chi-sun-southwest-feesnov08))

Now the European and US markets are different, but for arguably the world's most successful carrier EVER to reduce capacity and for others to plough on for expansion is a bit naive.

Please not, before someone mentions the Ryanair policies, they are a carrier on their own. Although originally modelled on the Southwest model, they have gone to the extreme and for them, who's priorities lie on aiming for the holy grail - free flights.

easyJet are very much more like Southwest. They use some of the larger airports and have higher frequencies, arguably for the businessman and woman.

I personally think Stelios is correct in his stance for a more responsible growth strategy. The man has given his points:

"In an interview with the Guardian last year, Haji-Ioannou voiced fears that the company's finances, and the value of his shareholding, could be severely damaged by acquiring more than 100 aircraft during a passenger drought. "It is how do you pay, how do you finance 109 aircraft? You can't risk having to raise debt or equity in a deep recession," he said." (EasyJet entrepreneur Stelios wins boardroom battle after 'fed-up' chairman quits early | Business | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/apr/07/easyjet-airbus-chairman-shareholders))

And some of the analysts agree:

"EasyJet says it is confident that it has enough debt and cash to pay for the expanded fleet, but some City commentators are openly supportive of his stance.

"I think he does have a point," said Douglas McNeill, analyst at Blue Oar Securities. "The Airbus contract carries with it the prospect of a mismatch between easyJet's capacity and passenger demand in the medium term. For Stelios and other shareholders the risk is that this causes the fixed costs to be spread across fewer passengers. And that puts profits under pressure."

Michels paid tribute to easyJet's founder. "He has very strong feelings but if you owned nearly 40% of the airline, you'd have strong feelings too." (Same source as above)

I don't know all the facts but from the outside, it looks like Stelios has very strong feelings for the future of the carrier and serious concerns about it's fleet expansion.

racedo
9th Dec 2009, 23:05
Stelios can appoint who ever he wants however as the bearded one showed when Virgin was a PLC there are strings attached in being a PLC and coming back in and effectively taking over while a minority shareholder has a cost.

The public way of getting rid of Easyjet board members and refusing to sign accounts undermines the professional management brought it to run the company.

This means the next set of management end up being Yes men who work to the whim of the largest shareholder than for the company as a whole and you ultimately end up undermining the whole company.

Entrepreneurs are like great football managers and players, when you leave a successful club you are best not returning to it as you may end up tarnishing the original reputation.

IF Stelios wants total control then let him take the company private and buy out the shareholders BUT in undermining the people actually running it you damage the company. At some point in time the other shareholders will decide that a single shareholding block has too much power and when that happens in a PLC you get a total block where decision paralyis takes hold.

Seljuk22
10th Dec 2009, 07:38
Just saw this :eek: :ok: :D
Easyjet opens new routes to Bordeaux (BOD),London (LGW),Bristol (BRS),Paphos (PFO),Tenerife (TFS),Mulhouse/Basel (BSL),Ajaccio (AJA),Nantes (NTE),Thessaloniki (SKG),Split (SPU),Kerkyra (CFU),Berlin-Schoenefeld (SXF),Doncaster Sheffield (DSA),Amsterda (http://www.theairdb.com/news/20091210163-easyjet.html)

Nakata77
11th Dec 2009, 01:30
There were rumours about a base at BOH

BOH has so much more to offer than DSA does in terms of wealth of the region, inbound demand, less competition than airports in the north, better performing routes (AMS and PRG did better than DSA when TFly operated them)

So ... when is it BOH's turn? Or is easyJet just plain hacked off with MAGgroup right now?

mybrico
11th Dec 2009, 07:29
Tatics with MAG - pressure for low costs at the big one

EuroChallenger
11th Dec 2009, 11:29
2 x seats to Palma and return from doncaster, total cost £181.28

Jet2 from Leeds to Palma was £362.90 before payment fees. No prizes for guessing where a loyal Jet2 customer has gone.

Edit - outward DSA - PMI 11/09/10 and return 25/09/10 - same dates used ex Leeds with Jet2.

MUFC_fan
11th Dec 2009, 14:23
So ... when is it BOH's turn? Or is easyJet just plain hacked off with MAGgroup right now?

BOH may NEVER feature in the plans of U2 - we shall see.

MAG (the 'G' stands for group btw), although EMA may not be their cup of tea, but MAN is doing well for U2.

loveJet
12th Dec 2009, 01:10
U2 operate the 8 weekly Geneva service this winter in place of the easyJet Switzerland aircraft previously.

Seljuk22
16th Dec 2009, 14:59
FCO-BRI last flight 21st February

A new A320 arrived at Geneva today. There are 9 a/c at GVA now and 10 from June with Faro, Brindisi and Heraklion as new destinations.
EasyJet base un neuvième appareil à Genève | Tribune de Genève (http://www.tdg.ch/geneve/actu/easyjet-base-neuvieme-appareil-geneve-2009-12-16)

toledoashley
19th Dec 2009, 16:05
There seems to be a number of new routes available on the ezy system - although not directly available from the front page including:

Stansted - Dalaman
Stansted - Dubrovnik
Stansted - Bodrum
Stansted - Spilt
Bristol - Dalaman
Bristol - Bodrum
Liverpool - Bodrum

MUFC_fan
19th Dec 2009, 17:00
Having seen the mix of destinations from U2 at LPL and MAN, it seems they really are making using no syncing policies - they seem to simply be putting routes anywhere from each base.

Seljuk22
20th Dec 2009, 08:22
I think there will be an announcement soon.
New 'summer routes' from MXP (MAH), FCO (MLA, NCE) and GVA (BDS, FAO, HER), too.

Edit:

CDG: must be 1 new a/c from 28th March and another one from May

ORY-VCE double daily from 28th March (CDG-VCE from double daily down to daily)
CDG-TLS double daily from 28th March (Nightstop in TLS)
CDG-PRG daily from 28th March

PRG-AMS daily from 14th May (op. by CDG based a/c)
CDG-AGP daily from 14th May
CDG-OPO from daily to 12 weekly + CDG-LIS from 9 weekly to 11 weekly > additional 7 weekly flights
CDG-PMI from 10th July to 29th August

nef
20th Dec 2009, 10:35
With the demise of GSM there would seem to be a natural opportunity for expansion by EZY at GLA and EDI, but they seem to have been lukewarm on Scottish airports for a while. It would be odd nevertheless for EZY to sit back and let FR and the charter carriers grab all the pax.

Silvertop
20th Dec 2009, 10:44
It would be odd nevertheless for EZY to sit back and let FR and the charter carriers grab all the pax.

Odd yes and I'm afraid typical:ugh:

toledoashley
20th Dec 2009, 10:58
I would expect EZY to look at GLA rather than EDI as FR has made a resonable impression there. If they do look to expand, expect the longer routes like the Canaries, Egypt, Cyprus, Turkey and Egypt.

Thad Jarvis
20th Dec 2009, 11:57
small problem with that - no spare 320's

MUFC_fan
20th Dec 2009, 12:12
small problem with that - no spare 320's

The range of the A319 is greater than that of the A320.

However, they prefer to fly more passengers over the greater distances. More revenue and certainly higher on board sales.

Ian Brooks
20th Dec 2009, 12:20
I was under the impression the Easyjet had longer range on their A320 than A319

Ian B

MUFC_fan
20th Dec 2009, 12:22
I was under the impression the Easyjet had longer range on their A320 than A319

To be honest, I am not sure. I know that a standard A319 has further range than an A320 but both aircraft are operational on Egyptian flights so obviously within range of both machines.

I do not know the range of the A319 as it does have an extra number of seats which U2 had fitted along with two extra emergency exits.

toledoashley
20th Dec 2009, 13:41
With a bit of effort EZY could change the LGW schedule to release 1 or 2 320's. Taking them off the shorter frequent services, Malaga, Palma etc and making these routes all 319, or 320 at popular times.

MUFC_fan
20th Dec 2009, 13:47
With a bit of effort EZY could change the LGW schedule to release 1 or 2 320's. Taking them off the shorter frequent services, Malaga, Palma etc and making these routes all 319, or 320 at popular times.

LGW needs the greater capacity. It is more lucrative for the airline to have the plane flying out of London to AGP etc. than anywhere else.

The onboard sales from LGW will also be fantastic, probably only matched by MAN.

flyOU
20th Dec 2009, 13:59
from CDG also to SPU -2-4-6

geeandtee75
20th Dec 2009, 14:32
MUFC Fan

You should get yourself on an International from GLA and see that we are more than capable of pulling in the retail up here.

Our ALC, AGP, FAO, IBZ and PMI are lucrative routes which are consistently selling out of most bar products. The only reason why the rest of the network doesn't see this is due to the amount of domestics we operate, therefore bringing the sph down.

GLA now has no direct competition with the exception of overpriced charter and ryanair down the road at PIK!

Placing an extra 319 or 320 would make economic sense. Regardless of where it comes from, its going to make money from the word go. Thousands of people are looking to rebook for S10, and my bet is they would rather pay easyJet the money.

Cheers

kriskross
20th Dec 2009, 14:44
The 319 does have greater range than the 320, provided engine power is sufficient. The 319s have 22k engines and the 320s, 27k engines, but the 320 APS weight is only about 1 1/2 tonnes more than the 319.

Thus it is an airfield performance problem that prevents the 319s going to the Canaries, the Greek islands, Cyprus and Egypt, at least if you don't want to make it a 4 sector day!!

Ian Brooks
20th Dec 2009, 15:18
Thanks Kriskrosshttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
I knew there was a reason but couldn`t remember what

Ian B

Walnut
20th Dec 2009, 15:21
I notice that Easyjet has canx yet more flights today. The w/x is a major factor I know but I believe that the company will cancel if the outbound flight is unable to make it back. A few days ago I came back from Pfo both ends of the route had open airports and yet Easyjet canx? Why? Other airlines did not. On talking to others I realise that the company will not commit if the a/c will not rtn. This I have realised, as have many of my friends, is a very good reason not to travel with them in times of adverse w/x. At least the legacy airlines do try,and will bend over backwards to get you there even if a little late. Maybe BA should highlight this point.

Having posted this I now find the Easyjet communications manager on BBC News. He said they were doing everything in their power, & they "might" charter in extra capacity. do Easyjet ever do this? The newscaster was not very convinced and neither was I. Easyjet take your money and fly you on a certain flight but beyond that if things go wrong you are on your own. That was the impression given by News 24. Millions saw it & will draw their own conclusions

easy1
20th Dec 2009, 18:40
Its because they have gotten rid of so many crews and are now operating on a skeleton crew numbers, one daythey might pull there heads out of their arses and get it right for a change!

ben_keghead
20th Dec 2009, 20:25
The easyJet A319s are limitted to 66 Tonnes (some are 64). This saves money on landing fees and keeps cost low for passengers...hence its range is more limitted

nef
20th Dec 2009, 20:54
Placing an extra 319 or 320 would make economic sense. Regardless of where it comes from, its going to make money from the word go. Thousands of people are looking to rebook for S10, and my bet is they would rather pay easyJet the money.

I'm sure it would too, but given EZY haven't expanded at GLA for years, I wonder if there is still a continuing problem with charges, or they just want to sit tight and wait to see if BAA end up being made to sell the airport, presuming they'll get a better deal from new owners.

Nevertheless, if they can get any kind of fee deal at all it would seem a no brainer to come in and replace some of the GSM routes. TFS in particular operated virtually daily on a 738, was I believe consistently over 90% full and, going by whenever I looked, not cheap either!

FR have also I think left some city routes at PIK recently to focus on EDI, but they operated for years from PIK and I'm sure would work from GLA - FCO, PSA, maybe DUS, etc.

The Flying Cokeman
20th Dec 2009, 20:56
Ben-keghead,

You also have 68 tonnes aircraft in EZY.

All these delays do not have anything to do with low crew level as earlier stated but purely based on lots of delays from closed runways/lack of of equipment in the UK.

What amazes me is that the UK just don't seem to cope at all once you see the slightest snowflake in the sky and the whole country come to a standstill. Will this country never learn? Go else where to Europe and see heavy snowfall and 20 minutes later runway is open again.

Today no snow in LGW but of course most of the aircrafts had to de ice and you then have to wait for several hours because they do not have enough de icing trucks :ugh:

bjones4
21st Dec 2009, 00:30
Does anyone know roughly when the next batch of seats will go on sale?

I'm wanting to book flights to/from ACE at the tail end of next summer, the outbound is available but I as of yet can't book the inbound (first week in October).

We booked the same period at roughly this time last year without any problem.

toledoashley
21st Dec 2009, 09:22
Isnt STN - FUE operated by a 319, is this the edge of its performance.

parky747
21st Dec 2009, 09:51
When MAN gets all 5 units based in early/mid 2010, do we know yet if they will be perm 5xA320's or will it be mix 319/320?

Ian Brooks
21st Dec 2009, 10:31
I think it is 3xA320 and 2xA319 but stand to be corrected

Ian B

Mouser
21st Dec 2009, 11:40
I asked my daughter, she is Manchester based Easyjet cabin crew, and she seems to think that its 4xA320 plus 1 A319 from East Mids.

ben_keghead
21st Dec 2009, 15:48
I believe this is the case also, but it could be 5 A320's...

Thad Jarvis
21st Dec 2009, 17:21
extremely unlikely.

Bournemouth Air
21st Dec 2009, 19:55
Bournemouth would be nice as a base for 1 aircraft

Silvertop
21st Dec 2009, 21:03
Bournemouth would be nice as a base for 1 aircraft

:confused: For flip sake easyJet have announced the closure of EMA which has 3 buses, because its was below "critical mass", so why would they even consider opening a base at Bournemouth for 1?:rolleyes:

conti onepass
21st Dec 2009, 21:08
if manchester is such a good operating base, when are we going to see a big increase in flights, yes i know they are starting a few more, but hey come on guys.

ben_keghead
21st Dec 2009, 22:13
Manchester started with 2 aircraft to a handful of destinations....its now got 5 on the horizon with several destinations...so im not sure what more you want. There are only 24hours in a day

conti onepass
21st Dec 2009, 22:15
oh a liverpool reply!! frightened we are going to take some of your aircraft!!! exactly what its says WHEN!!

Wellington Bomber
22nd Dec 2009, 07:21
Silvertop

They just opened Doncaster with 1, why not Bournemouth

parky747
22nd Dec 2009, 09:20
if manchester is such a good operating base, when are we going to see a big increase in flights

Its great to see that MAN seems to be producing satisfactory revenue for U2 as they have maintained their commitment to base five aircraft by 2010 following the acquisition of GB Airways.

Lets hope the current success long continues and supports a business case for further routes and more aircraft at MAN! 10 based by 2012?

Silvertop
22nd Dec 2009, 09:28
Wellington Bomber

I think that you will find that the Doncaster Aircraft is actually a LPL A/C doing "w" patterns Doncaster is not a "crew base"

shamrock7seal
22nd Dec 2009, 09:58
is the aircraft night stopping at DSA?

If not then it is w patterns. if it is night stopping then it is basing without a crew base. But logistically this is not such a smart move if anything was to go wrong in terms of delays/knock on effects.

BOH 'hub' would be great if the planes flew in in the morning from GLA, MAN and on to Europe in the day time and returning back to GLA, MAN in the evening. Not sure how crew base could work though or again if technical issues occured

Tranceaddict
22nd Dec 2009, 10:16
Easyjet announce several new summer routes from Stansted (STN),Rome (FCO) Paris (CDG ORY),Bristol (BRS),Liverpool (LPL)

New Routes (http://www.theairdb.com/news/20091222163-easyjet.html)

mmeteesside
22nd Dec 2009, 15:25
Well done Easyjet for hiring a Titan 757 this afternoon to fly 2 LTN-CDG's, might be a small step but its one step towards getting everyone home :ok:

ben_keghead
22nd Dec 2009, 17:23
Conti onepass, i dont have a clue what you are on about....

Nice to see some more new routes

easyboy22
22nd Dec 2009, 17:38
Conti onepass They have done what they said 5 a/c by 2010
So from last year having just 2 to 5 by April time.
Sensible expansion and a good choice of routes
which I think are upto about 19 now so I don't see
what your problem is, especially in a recession
plus the new route of turkey from Lpl will be a big seller.

BHX5DME
22nd Dec 2009, 19:22
How about a BHX base for Easy Jet ?

ben_keghead
23rd Dec 2009, 11:05
Its been on the cards for a few years, but wouldnt expect it any time soon, but i wouldnt count it out indefinately

ryansf
23rd Dec 2009, 21:11
I think that you will find that the Doncaster Aircraft is actually a LPL A/C doing "w" patterns Doncaster is not a "crew base"
The flight times certainly comfirm that the aircraft is based at DSA and is not operating W patterns. The crew however are coming from Liverpool as you say.

MUFC_fan
23rd Dec 2009, 21:20
I think the aircraft IS Liverpool based.

The aircraft coming into AMS from LPL will swap with the aircraft coming in from DSA as will the crew.

So, on a Monday, an LPL crew will fly LPL-AMS-DSA-BCN-DSA. Sleep in Doncaster. Fly DSA-PRG-DSA-AMS-LPL on the Tuesday.

Obviously as the crew will move with the aircraft and this will happen for all the DSA destinations which all fall into similar sectors as the destinations above.

ben_keghead
24th Dec 2009, 01:09
MUFC_FAN

I KNOW that it will be liverpool besed crew doing the duties from DSA

Captain_Caveman
27th Dec 2009, 09:40
Does anyone know why EZY6760 from AGP-BFS [Malaga - Belfast] was canceled tonight ?

David, The flight was not cancelled. It ihas been delayed until 1540z arrival in BFS this afternoon.

Welshtraveller
27th Dec 2009, 12:24
Is there a Easyjet sale soon? Do you think there will be a sale in the New Year?

Also, when are the October flights on sale? Thinking of travelling from Bristol to Madeira but the flights are only on sale until September. Thanks.

ChalfontFlyer
30th Dec 2009, 07:05
Firstly, just wanted to pick-up on the comments you make Walnut (post #570) regarding Easyjet not committing to flights if they cannot get back the same day due to bad weather. In my experience this is certainly not the case as twice this year on the STN-FNC-STN service they did fly outbound despite the risk of poor weather. In fact on the second occasion which was only a few days before the date of your post the forecast in Madeira was for heavy rain & we left STN on time. For those pilots that know FNC the visibility limit is strictly adhered too so when it drops below 5 kms they close the airport. Although initially on the day in question it may have been 50/50 & Easyjet decided to fly, when we approached FNC despite several attempts to land the strong southerly crosswind plus poor visibilty meant after holding for a further 45 minutes we diverted to the neighbouring island of Porto Santo (PXO). As the weather didn't improve sufficiently until the following day (lunchtime infact) meaning a delay of over 24 hours, all us SLF's plus of course the crew were put up in a local 4* hotel all at Easyjet's cost! Same happened to me back in January only in reverse. Couldn't leave FNC for 20 hours & again Easyjet paid for all the hotel costs including the wine at dinner!!

Throughout both times they kept us informed of the developing situation & the plans to look after us due to the bad weather. In my opinion their 'Customer Care' mirrored that of any legacy carrier I've previously experienced in similar situations e.g. BA & on both occasions I've e-mailed them complimenting them on just that fact.

As a matter of interest for those in the know on these matters are Easyjet legally bound under EU regulations to have make the overnight accomodation arrangements entirely at their expense despite the weather being beyond their control or is it just a hit on their bottom line profit? If it is the latter can they take out insurance to limit such costs?

Second point, I noticed whilst browsing through their inflight magazine on the flight back to STN that they have recently increased the maximum dimensions for cabin bags to 56x45x25cm which is the same as BA allow. I've also since checked this on their website just in case it was a misprint & sure enough the larger dimensions are now in place. Previously their dimensions were 55x40x20cm which although it may not have always have been stricltly enforced did make it a bit of a challenge to find a suitably sized case. Again a point in Easy's favour I think for being 'Customer Focused' & recognising that SLF now have more flexibility with their carry-on baggage.

Walnut
30th Dec 2009, 09:17
Chalfont Flyer

Thanks for the reply, and I am happy that you were handled correctly. However (assuming you are not part of their PR team) there is a growing perception amoungst airline people & SLFs that there is an element of truth in my comments, which the airline should be aware of. I should point out that Ryanair has a far worse reputation, a factor of 2 at least. Flybe does not have that, and of course the legacy carriers, eg BA etc, will fly if possible under any circumstances and more to the point will shift disrupted pax, whatever their ticket status, at no extra cost.
I would be pleased to have someone, who is high up within Easyjet, refute my claim.

ChalfontFlyer
30th Dec 2009, 09:49
Walnut,

To reassure you, I can confirm that I am not part of Easyjet's PR team. Simply SLF that due to the places I need to fly to use Easyjet on a fairly regular basis. E.g. FNC that I've flown with with them 3 times this year as they are currently the only regular direct flight scheduled operator from the S.E. of England to go there.

I don't doubt that unfortunately due to various circumstances things do go wrong at Easyjet (as it does with all airlines from time to time). I just wanted to ensure that when as as you say the problems "were handled correctly" that this too is highlighted so that Easyjet staff & their handling agents can aim to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction 100% of the time.

thebeehive
31st Dec 2009, 15:29
ChalfontFlyer, I'm sorry you weren't at LGW during the recent snowfall to see how EZY dealt with their operation and passengers, mass cancellations, barely a staff member in sight, ticket desk shut by 7pm.

I just wanted to ensure that when as as you say the problems "were handled correctly" that this too is highlighted so that Easyjet staff & their handling agents can aim to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction 100% of the time.

Sure you don't work for Easyjet?!

heebeegb
31st Dec 2009, 16:05
What an absolute joke!! It's a shambles mate. The weather saved them - i'm sure Luton are preying for more snow as i write this - the crewing situation is beyond critical with no management in sight.

TOM100
31st Dec 2009, 16:44
hbgb

just out of interest, is it so critical due to sickness, or because it has been run too tightly ?? Is this just reflective of the time of year on more systemic ??

MancRy
1st Jan 2010, 17:23
Can I just say that flights do in fact leave even if there is a high chance of having to use an alternate. This happened quite a few times towards the end of the Summer season on the CFU routes.

ChalfontFlyer
2nd Jan 2010, 08:37
thebeehive – understand your frustration as it clearly was an unacceptable experience for you at LGW but is it really worth shooting the messenger who I can also assure you as well doesn’t work for Easyjet nor to the best of my knowledge even personally knows anyone who does?!
In fact my work is not Aviation related but is customer facing involving some people management. So I understand the need to give praise when it is due as it really helps motivate people to give them recognition when they have been able to solve a problem & help to bring forward a positive customer experience. That’s why I posted here to aim to bring some balance to the discussion that was developing!
What I think the recent snowy experience in Britain serves to highlight is that we simply don’t do snow very well in this country. It’s the one weather condition that not only causes disruption at airports but to most things that require wheels to operate!!
As a matter of interest as you live in Finland how quickly do things get back to some form of normality after snowy transport disruptions? What could Easyjet & the airport operators whose role it is to clear runways etc. learn from them?

LGS6753
5th Jan 2010, 20:05
Total of 70 new routes for 2010

easyJet, the largest UK airline, today announced it would launch a further 21 new routes in the coming year, taking the total number of routes to be launched across its European network in 2010 to 70.

The addition of these new services means the airline will now offer choice of over 500 routes connecting its 19 bases across the UK and the continent to key airports across Europe and North Africa.

The new routes are:
ROUTE START DATE FREQUENCY FARE
One way / Return inc taxes
Liverpool – Bodrum 11 June Mon & Fri £30.99 / £63.18
Bristol – Dalaman, Turkey 16 July Mon, Fri & Sun £42.99 / £74.98
Bristol - Bodrum 17 July Tue, Thu & Sat £30.99 / £63.18
Bristol - Heraklion 17 July Wed & Sat £24.99 / £50.98
Stansted - Bodrum 15 May Tue, Thu & Sat £30.99 / £68.18
Stansted – Dalaman, Turkey 14 May Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun £26.99 / £59.18
Stansted – Dubrovnik, Croatia 15 May Tue, Thu & Sat £26.99 / £48.98
Stansted – Split, Croatia 14 May Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun £26.99 / £54.98
Amsterdam - Prague 14 May Daily €33.99 / €60.98
Geneva - Faro 03 April Thu & Sat €26.99 / €53.98
Geneva - Heraklion 19 June Tue & Sat €35.99 / €62.98
Geneva - Brindisi 03 April Thu & Sat €25.99 / €52.98
Paris Charles de Gaulle – Palma 10 July Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun €35.99 / €63.98
Paris Charles de Gaulle – Split, Croatia 10 July Tue, Thu & Sat €35.99 / €66.98
Paris Charles de Gaulle – Prague 28 March Daily €35.99 / €62.98
Paris Charles de Gaulle – Malaga 14 May Daily €27.99 / €66.98
Paris Charles de Gaulle – Toulouse 28 March Twice Daily €35.99 / €64.98
Rome Fiumicino - Malta 12 March Daily €25.99 / €52.98
Rome Fiumicino - Nice 12 March Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sun €25.99 / €54.98
Milan Malpenza – Mahon Tue, Thu & Sat €24.99 / €50.98
Paris Orly - Venice 28 March 2 x daily €31.99 / €64.98

Seats are on sale now

occasional
5th Jan 2010, 20:40
Easyjet appear to be getting some pretty bad publicity in Spain for abandoning passengers in Morocco. Anyone care to explain what has happened ?

h&s
5th Jan 2010, 22:31
the crewing situation is beyond critical with no management in sight.

is it because of the new rostering system? There are so many flights canceled whereas none of the airport at all is affected by poor weather! weird

Binder
6th Jan 2010, 06:34
No!

The worst industrial relations since the Company was founded.

A CEO who has quit. Senior management disengaged from the work force and a pared down ops/crewing team left to pick up the pieces.

One cannot expect staff to 'go the extra mile' if they feel constantly shafted and under resourced.

Oh and the weather doesn't help!

Binder

Quality Time
6th Jan 2010, 07:54
#1 (http://www.pprune.org/735938-post1.html) (permalink (http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/77572-easyjet-pilots-strike.html#post735938)) pilotofjet (http://www.pprune.org/members/55352-pilotofjet)

easyjet pilots to strike??
A formal" failure to agree" notice has been served at easyjet by the pilot union BALPA over pay and rostering negotiations which have been ongoing since last April. Whilst management have awarded themselves £10 million in bonuses, pilots are still negotiating a pay rise for last year and are having to put up with the most horrendous working practices in the industry. A private internet site is polling pilots if the working conditions are affecting their home life, which is a measure of just how bad things have become. The next step is to be face to face comminication with the CEO, Ray Webster before a ballot on strike action. Easyjet prides itself in its company culture ethos of being "fun to work for". It seems the fun went about the same time as the IPO. What a strike will do to the share price is obvious. My question is , is the CEO acting in the interest of the share holders by going down this road?

Binder

The above post is from 2003.

They have always been cr*p!

Seljuk22
6th Jan 2010, 08:22
December:
Passengers: 3,399,305 +9.3%
Load Factar: 85.4% +3.1pp

2009:
Passengers: 46,077,459 +3,4%
Load Factor: 86.0% +1.4pp

befree
6th Jan 2010, 08:34
good numbers for EZJ and out before ryanair for a change.
I suspect BAs problems helped a little.

2010 is going to be a hard year and there are less weak players left to give up capacity. On the plus side they may do well out of people being put off going to the USA for short trips.

ben_keghead
6th Jan 2010, 13:51
Yep, good figures for easyJet once again. Consistantly well above 80% Load factor.

And not forgetting that easyJet have even more A320s than this time last year, so even more seats to fill...which they seem to be doing. Keep it up

lagerlout
6th Jan 2010, 20:19
A whole program of flight's canx out of LPL today.... blaming the airport , deicing fluid and poor ramp / taxi way conditions.... yet their friends from Ireland operated nearly a full program button.

Is the Cancel button being pressed too quickly be EZY?

The last month has been a bit of a shocker for them in terms of PR!

EuroWings
6th Jan 2010, 20:53
I find it really stange how on BBC News e.t.c there always quick to announce how 'ALL easyJet flights have been cancelled from _______airport'

It seems there inserting a new airport name each day! Seriously though, Luton in December, Liverpool today.

They never seem to touch on another airline's full schedule for that day in the same manner. I realise that the flights are cancelled purely on safety grounds, but is EZY really happy about it's name continually being 'promoted' when weather delays occur..surely other airlines doing the same are worth a mentione at badly affected airports?

Or does EZY just have more cancellations :confused:....

compton3bravo
6th Jan 2010, 20:54
Seems a similar situation at Luton today when the airport was open for most of the day but a lot of cancellations.

MerchantVenturer
6th Jan 2010, 21:09
easyJet cancelled all its Bristol rotations today (around 27) despite the fact that the airport reopened about 1500 hours and according to the airport apron website there seemed to be a full complement, or nearly so anyway, of aircraft parked up.

I appreciate that crewing difficulties might have been a problem but Ryanair sent out several flights after the airport reopened as did a number of other airlines.

easyboy22
6th Jan 2010, 21:09
Probably as the 3 airports mentioned Easy are the Biggest
operator there. Lgw Lpl Ltn so will have more cancellations
crew will go in then it all happens so then crew out of hours.
Aircraft not where they should be same with crew.
I know as on standbys there sending us all over to try to keep as much going
as possible. Taxis in snow at 04.00 not nice but part of the job...

compton3bravo
7th Jan 2010, 05:59
I appreciate very much what you say easyboy but the airline is getting a very poor press in Spain at the moment (where I live now although lived in Bedfordshire for many years) for cancelling flights which the average punter cannot understand especially between Spain and Morocco citing weather problems where the weather has not been that bad. I understand the problem - crews, aircraft etc. - but unfortunately most people don´t and I would have thought that the management would have made some effort to keep things going in those areas where the weather has not been the problem - but that might be the problem - i.e. the management.

easyboy22
7th Jan 2010, 06:12
Compton3bravo
I sort of agree with you yesterday I can understand , I would
have thought Lgw especially would have everything thrown at
it today to get as many flights out as possible.
Would be interesting to be in hanger 89 today

IB4138
7th Jan 2010, 06:37
between Spain and Morocco citing weather problems where the weather

What planet are you on compton?

I live in Southern Spain and we are and have been, experiencing torrential rain and severe thunder storms, for over two weeks now, as are parts of Morocco...the heaviest for over 20 years.
There are flash floods, rock falls and power outages.

The rain is presently coming down in torrents and has been throughout the night.

compton3bravo
7th Jan 2010, 06:58
Same as you I think, granted it has been very wet but where I live between Gib and Malaga (not Snootygrande I hasten to add) it has not been that bad a lovely day yesterday. Anyway heavy rain should not stop airline operations or should it? Haven´t witnessed any problems at Malaga, Seville, etc.
On another point I wonder what the new Canadian owners think of the problems at Gatwick over the past couple of days with some passengers having to wait allegedly over five hours to deplane.

jaypla
7th Jan 2010, 07:16
Also in Berlin easyjet cancelled about 70 flights around christmas, a lot more than other airlines and was critisized for that. I got the impression that easyjet really is cancelling flights quicker than other airlines.

stormin norman
7th Jan 2010, 07:37
This being the loss making time for all airlines, could carriers be conserving cash by cancelling selective services citing weather problems ?

h&s
7th Jan 2010, 07:39
I agree with compton3bravo (http://www.pprune.org/members/156280-compton3bravo), the new rostering system (one of Andy Harrison main objective) with less standby is the management responsability and some cancelations are clearly their fault. Reducing costs by reducing revenue is a bit weird and probably a mismanagement. If it happens in the winter, it is still all right as flights are loosing money anyway (even if ridiculous from a client point of view), but they have to fix it within the next 2 months

groundagent
7th Jan 2010, 08:38
It seems that easyJet will take the brunt of any situation no matter what they do. FR suffer the same pr issues. Everyone is really quick to jump on the band waggon and give loco carriers a bash!

In the past easyJet have had a policy of fly everything no matter what. This didn't work when they were smaller and has no way of working now. The airports give massively unreliable information about when they will re-open following snoclo. Terminals full of people, runways and taxi ways and aprons full of snow. Airport announces snoclo for a further 3 hours.

easy will now look at the forecast and take a punt. Sometimes this works really well and you will see no comment in the press or on here. Sometimes it appears that they have over done it and get slated.

As a passenger, would you rather get told well in advance flight cancelled due to snow, or go to the airport on a wing and a prayer that you will get there in the first place, find horrific queues in the terminal at check in as they try to deal with earlier cancelled flights, get through security, have a rolling delay that rolls and rolls and rolls and finally after all that, the flight is cancelled and you have to fight to collect you bag and then to get to a check in to re-book, fight with the congested and poorly gritted roads and finally get back to where you started.:ugh:

The UK doesn't have the experience or equipment to deal with snow as we all know. This type of weather is currently unusual so would not justify the expenditure. We try our best, but theres not a lot more can be done. The airlines know this. easy are operating over 500 sectors a day to 70+ destinations (thats a bit of a guess . . .) and have the whole network to manage, not just uk airports.

I think thats my rant over . . . .for now!!!!

easyboy22
7th Jan 2010, 09:24
Groundagent
Very well put.....

thebeehive
7th Jan 2010, 20:27
EZY already cancelled 4 flights from LGW for tomorrow (friday) morning!

5 LPL departures canx too already.

Skipness One Echo
11th Jan 2010, 12:37
Can someone post or PM me what domestics the B737-700s are still seen on? Want to catch a ride on one before they all go.

Thanks!

tigger2k8
11th Jan 2010, 14:02
Can someone post or PM me what domestics the B737-700s are still seen on? Want to catch a ride on one before they all go.

Thanks!from BFS... usually the first wave of flights (nightstoppers) to STN, EDI, LGW and a later departing ALC are all 737s with the AGP/FAO/AMS being served by the A319... in the evening theres usually an EDI, STN, BRS and CDG nightstopper that would be a 737 .. schedules change theres a 2nd airbus at BFS parked on stand 10 which could be brought into the schedule any day

changes all the time... if theres delays sometimes the A319 will come in and take out a delayed flight and a 737 would come in and take out the AMS etc etc

not sure about other bases..

best way to make sure your on a 737 is to turn up at an airport with 737s at it and ask the sales desk the aircraft type and book a seat

Random Flyer
11th Jan 2010, 14:06
EasyJet capitalises as rivals cut Gatwick routes
Budget carrier EasyJet is to boost aircraft and routes from Gatwick this summer as Aer Lingus cuts back from the airport (see previous TravelMole story).

Three aircraft are to be added at Gatwick fleet, increasing the fleet to 43.

The development comes in the wake of recently announced reductions in Gatwick operations by airlines such Aer Lingus and Danish airline Cimber.

EayJet UK regional general manager Paul Simmons said: “We are proud to have developed our business at Gatwick over the last few years.

“As a result of this additional capacity, we plan to announce some great new routes from Gatwick for this summer within the next few weeks.”

by Phil Davies

http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1140337.php

charliemac
11th Jan 2010, 15:05
Mike,
What is it with you?
If you're for real and 13 years of age, prepare to take a few smacks on the face as you grow older. You must rank amongst the rudest posters on this forum. You are either a wind up merchant or an irritating young fool who on a school day should be learning how to conduct himself in adult company.
Your vitriol on this thread and others suggests the inane rantings of a spoiled brat.
Go and play with your toys and give us peace!

andyafc
11th Jan 2010, 15:15
Where else is there to fly from gatwick, they already serve nearly all of the routes from gatwick unless they plan to operate to new destinations?

PeetD
11th Jan 2010, 16:07
Can anyone confirm a story I am hearing from a colleague (whos daughter was involved) that an EZY pilot opened an armed door at GVA on Saturday (9th) evening and popped the chute? Plane went nowhere and the PAX spent the night in the terminal?

Captain Kerthorse
11th Jan 2010, 18:26
Could they perhaps be looking to go up against FlyBe on the LGW-ABZ?

alm1
11th Jan 2010, 18:27
Where else is there to fly from gatwick, they already serve nearly all of the routes from gatwick unless they plan to operate to new destinations?Bucharest, Vilnius and Warsaw will be droped by Aer Lingus and are presently unserved by Easyjet. Vilnius - Gatwick has no other airlines operating it.

LGW_08R
11th Jan 2010, 18:36
Both Bucharest and Warsaw have been served by easyJet from Gatwick before. It seems neither worked out for them, so maybe they will try again, maybe not.

Vilnius is interesting and i believe it is one of the most likely of the Aer Lingus routes to be taken up. Another interesting airport is Eindhoven, however if anybody is to take it up maybe it would be Transavia?

I personally think that the future expansion will be more of the mid-long routes we have seen popping up recently. These have been doing very well for the airline so i wouldn't be suprised.

Is the open skies agreement with Tunisia not come into effect this Summer too? easy have shown interest there in the past, so theres a possibility, another perhaps could be Cairo? Beirut?

Jippie
11th Jan 2010, 23:14
Being an Eindhoven resident I'm afraid Eindhoven will "never" work from Gatwick.
We've got Ryanair 2x daily to Stansted to capture the leisure passengers that go to London. Every other airline is more expensive(generally speaking) so I think people will stick with Ryanair.
For the business people we have Cityjet to London City 2x daily.

So who is left to fly to Gatwick? Maybe a few people that need to go to Brighton but they will never be able to fill a plane with only those people. Besides they will just travel to Amsterdam and take easyJet there.

But I hope I will be wrong!

jpthomas72
12th Jan 2010, 09:06
Vilnius is interesting and i believe it is one of the most likely of the Aer Lingus routes to be taken up. My bets are not on Easyjet to do this though. The current connection from Gatwick to Vilnius is by AirBaltic via Riga, they even use a 757 sometimes to Riga as this is a popular route. Shuttle flights from Riga to Vilnius are very frequent. OK, AirBaltic might go direct again, but there is already Ryanair to Kaunas from various UK airports, and Star1 from Stansted, so it's not an obvious hole in the market. Easyjet dropped Berlin-Riga and Berlin-Tallinn a while ago, they don't seem to be that cozy with the Baltics. I don't believe Easyjet has an obvious cost advantage to either AirBaltic or Star1.

Charlie Roy
12th Jan 2010, 10:52
The current connection from Gatwick to Vilnius is by AirBaltic via Riga

airBaltic have announced Vilnius - Gatwick direct today ;)

MUFC_fan
12th Jan 2010, 13:26
LGW-MAN?:ok:

racedo
12th Jan 2010, 13:37
LGW-MAN?:ok:

Would use to see a team close to your heart:ok:

MUFC_fan
12th Jan 2010, 13:43
11 minutes....much longer than I thought!:ok:

To be honest, you will find more people at OT on a Saturday having jumped off a plane from the green isle than you will from down south.

Would really p*ss WW off if U2 got onto LGW-MAN...

squeaker
12th Jan 2010, 14:23
Certainly won't see many Mancs there, they're all at City!

The Flying Cokeman
12th Jan 2010, 17:27
Since EZY has got approval to fly into Russia I wouldn't be surprised if we see route(s) to Moscow and or St. Petersburg somewhere in the near future. With

QI pulling out of the CPH to LGW route we might just see an increase in daily flights there too.

Wouldn't mind seeing EZY flying to Stockholm and Oslo too and give Norwegian some more competition.

DILLTHEDOG
17th Jan 2010, 10:30
Post on the Bournemouth thread about 2 x base Easyjet A319 next July with a list of destinations, any truth in it ?

toledoashley
17th Jan 2010, 11:02
I didnt think that EZY/FR could operate to Russia (hence why FR is flying to Finland close to the border). I would have thought that EZY would go after the sun routes in the summer with adding something like Antalya, Izmir, Tunis or Monastir (has this been sorted yet?), Varna/Bourgas and Chania.

What about chasing more traditional charter routes that can operate year round like Banjul, Taba or new resorts like Cape Verde or La Palma.

davidjohnson6
17th Jan 2010, 12:43
toledoashley - are EZY / FR unable to fly to Russia at all, or would they be in practice limited to flying to Russia just from their respective home countries if they were to request traffic rights ? I can understand that the Ireland-Russia market is probably quite small, but a route like London-Moscow might have enough passengers for EZY - although not sure if it can sustain EZJ and 4 traditional airlines.

As to whether the Russian Govt would be ready to see EZJ taking passengers off Aeroflot and Transaero is another matter.

ncleflights
17th Jan 2010, 16:39
As Russia is outside the EU and the agreement on flights to Russia means EZY could only operate to Russia from UK bases (ie country of registration) and FR from Ireland. This is the main reason why FR fly to an airport close the border but inside Finland.

MUFC_fan
17th Jan 2010, 17:20
easyJet also have the convenience of holding two AOCs (UK and Swiss) which means they would also be able to connect from their base in GVA.

I think MAN would be very high on the agenda for easyJet if they were to get into Russia, however don't Lufthansa (now controlling BMI) have the rights for the route which they do no use or is that old news?

Is there a reason why there is no open-skies agreement similar to the EU-US with the EU and Russia? Are the Russian government just trying to protect their assets too much?

cherokee leader
17th Jan 2010, 18:56
Question time. Do EZY have a problem with GLA? Reason I ask is that the operation seems to have stalled in expansion after the arrival of aircraft 4, IIRC in Summer 07. This despite the obvious success of Berlin and Paris.

Also, I was half expecting them to jump in and increase services on the routes shared with GSM, and maybe even provide service on some of the others now uncovered by a LCC at GLA e.g BCN, TFS, LPA.

My suspicions about this have been further raised by the swapping of the evening LGW service to a GLA-based aircraft, in a slot tailor-made for a short European trip.

All thoughts gratefully received.

HH6702
17th Jan 2010, 22:00
U could say the same about ncl and easyjet. Nothing really has happened there for a few years now!
In fact back to 5 based aircraft from 7 a few summers ago.
I know ncl was boeing aircraft until a few months ago so that may have been a reason
?

mikeday
18th Jan 2010, 21:17
I thought all (or at least the vast majority) of their A319s had 156 seats?

tigger2k8
18th Jan 2010, 21:38
I thought all (or at least the vast majority) of their A319s had 156 seats?

yup.. all of the EZY A319s have 156 seats from the time they are built.. from time to time theres the odd seat thats in-op

could be wrong but always thought it was:

737 - 149 seats
A319 - 156 seats
A320 - 183 seats
A321 - 210 seats?

easyboy22
18th Jan 2010, 21:56
A320 has 180 seats.
About 10 A319 are having 6 seats blocked off at the front 2/3/4B/E bit like a table on the seat only from Lgw
and only having 3 crew. It's a trial for a couple of months

lowcostdolly
19th Jan 2010, 11:13
"it a trial for a couple of months"

I doubt it easyboy22. Trial is EZY management speak for a policy already decided and introduced by stealth. Very soon we will be operating all 319's on 3 crew once engineering get round to removing the 6 seats that enables EZY to do this legally.

This idea has been doing the rounds for as long as I can remember. And where will the money saved on the extra crew member go? Management bonuses no doubt :ugh::yuk:

1sky
19th Jan 2010, 11:38
It will be 150 seats including a 3-row 'Comfort zone' at the front of the aircraft.

lowcostdolly
19th Jan 2010, 11:52
I wonder how much EZY will be charging to sit in the "comfort Zone"? :rolleyes:

No doubt that will be the next "trial" to increase ancillary revenue.

OMG I'm getting so cynical in my old age :eek:

IB4138
19th Jan 2010, 11:54
a 3-row 'Comfort zone' at the front of the aircraft.

For the use of only "plus card" holders, one wonders?

Fernanjet
19th Jan 2010, 11:56
For use of only anyone willing to pay the silly amount they will no doubt charge to sit there......

Jippie
19th Jan 2010, 12:00
Why did they order A319s that could take more then 150 people, only to decide a few years later they just want 150 seats. Did the market change?

Fernanjet
19th Jan 2010, 12:06
Why did they order A319s that could take more then 150 people, only to decide a few years later they just want 150 seats. Did the market change?

You need to look a little deeper than that.....

by taking out six seats, they lose six lots of revenue per sector.....
They will increase the cost of the 12 adjacent seats to recoup that revenue as well as losing 1 member of cabin crew per flight.

The market hasn't changed, the demand is still there that they will see the same amount of people trying to buy a few seats less, increasing the fares and revenue, and saving costs by employing less cabin crew.

A clever move that will probably work financially, but will affect the service offered on board, by quite a long way.

Torquelink
19th Jan 2010, 12:36
Before original A319 order was placed EZY pressed Airbus to come up with a 156 config compared to the 150 which Airbus said was max. Remember thinking at the time that another 6 seats requiring another CC didn't seem to make much sense - seems they've now come to the same conclusion!

The Flying Cokeman
19th Jan 2010, 13:27
I think you will only see 150 seat config being used in the winter season on certain routes. Not in the summer time and I doubt they will go away from 156 seats permanently.

apaul
19th Jan 2010, 13:35
The decision to go for 156 seats rather than 150 would only have made sense if Easyjet had full planes most of the time. But as their loads (including no-shows) average around 85% for a large number of flights they are carrying an extra employee for no extra revenue at all. I doubt service would be much affected as it's just going back to the B737 level of crewing.

Fernanjet
19th Jan 2010, 14:13
I doubt service would be much affected as it's just going back to the B737 level of crewing.

How can that be true?

removing 4% of the seats......and 25% of the cabin crew?

it HAS to affect service....

ask the cabin crew that are going to have to work 33% harder to make up for the missing crew member (the maths are correct before people ask why 33%)

i know the aircraft is certified for 3 crew members with only 150 pax but what about if an emergency were to happen and the poor crew members who have had to work harder and faster all flight are then called upon to carry out full emergency procedures......

lets hope and pray it doesnt happen because i know it WILL have an effect.

MancRy
19th Jan 2010, 14:14
Service levels probably wouldn't suffer. The A319's, in the main, operate flights with a more relaxed cabin service. i.e City destinations and shorter routes. Therefore, people aren't buying as much and hence the service is generally quicker anyway.

The A320's operate the longer routes and these are often very busy service wise and the 4th crew member is obviously very much needed for cabin service.

Easyjet management have been harping on for over a year now about crew costs and ironically the crew at EZY have been screaming at them to reduce 319 capacity in order for them to become 3 man operated.

Fernanjet
19th Jan 2010, 16:34
Service levels probably wouldn't suffer. The A319's, in the main, operate flights with a more relaxed cabin service. i.e City destinations and shorter routes. Therefore, people aren't buying as much and hence the service is generally quicker anyway.

The A320's operate the longer routes and these are often very busy service wise and the 4th crew member is obviously very much needed for cabin service.

Easyjet management have been harping on for over a year now about crew costs and ironically the crew at EZY have been screaming at them to reduce 319 capacity in order for them to become 3 man operated.

i quote the above on the assumption that you have never flown for a living....then you would see in general the whole post is incorrect.

Service levels would suffer inevitably, and invariably they do, on any airline that removes a crew member....

maybe not in the eyes of the passenger, but on the health of the crew members who work so much harder to keep up that service.

the crew at EZY have been screaming at them to reduce 319 capacity in order for them to become 3 man operated

I just don't buy into this argument whatsoever.....

reduce the crew, to reduce the number of employees, and reduce the prospects of career progression.

i'm sure there are hundreds of EZY crew screaming to work a lot harder!!!

david1994
19th Jan 2010, 17:23
Saw this on the Belfast post
Heard a wee story from a dog walker in Victoria park that Easyjet will start a new route from BHD. We will find out in a week or 2
Maybe Spain or France but it will be A route that the Molly Jets wanted to do but needed the longer runway, But then we hear that all the time

Anyone know what dest it is?

Flightrider
19th Jan 2010, 17:37
Fernanjet, I think your logic here is somewhat off the mark.

Most easyJet passengers don't give a stuff about the on-board service. It is not the reason why they choose to fly easyJet. The more important factor is whether removing a crew member will impact on in-flight sales revenues by more than the cost saving of the crew member's salary.

If the commission earned by the crew is then divided by three instead of divided by four, each of the remaining crew members then gets a direct incentive as a result of the reduction. Most people don't mind working harder if they get paid more.

Coupled to that, word from the easyJet crews is that they are again struggling to recruit enough cabin crew at larger bases like LGW. On some recent flights, I have suspected that the seniors would have preferred to operate with three capable crew members given their openly apparent exasperation with what seems to be a small but increasing minority of scruffy, couldn't-care-less, or downright disinterested crew members now appearing on line ostensibly to make up the numbers.

Fernanjet
19th Jan 2010, 17:47
Fernanjet, I think your logic here is somewhat off the mark

hmmmm....MY logic.....lets continue with your "reasoning"

Most easyJet passengers don't give a stuff about the on-board service.

Your sources...? i beg to differ having travelled quite often......i see a lot of people expecting quite a lot for the little they pay.

If the commission earned by the crew is then divided by three instead of divided by four, each of the remaining crew members then gets a direct incentive as a result of the reduction. Most people don't mind working harder if they get paid more.

You clearly have never worked as cabin crew then.......the comission increase on this allegedly quiet aircraft where people do not spend money or buy much is negligible (see MancRy at 15:14)

word from the easyJet crews is that they are again struggling to recruit enough cabin crew at larger bases like LGW

Your sources again?? - People will fall at the door to fly as cabin crew.....they always have and still do.

On some recent flights, I have suspected that the seniors would have preferred to operate with three capable crew members given their openly apparent exasperation with what seems to be a small but increasing minority of scruffy, couldn't-care-less, or downright disinterested crew members now appearing on line ostensibly to make up the numbers.

You have suspected......ie: guessed, and have no facts....

i believe you have taken an EZY flight and thought the crew looked dis-interested and come to this pathetic conclusion.

I believe your logic to be somewhere off the planet

NRU74
19th Jan 2010, 19:23
Bouquet coming up
Whilst I was at work today, Mrs NRU at home, using my Visa Electron Card, booked me online to the S of France and back next month.She also booked herself there on different dates [intentionally] so we overlapped for five days.
Unfortunately she screwed it up so that all the bookings were solely for me in my name.
Call to EZY Booking Centre [only 10ppm] - and all sorted by phone and correct booking names/flights etc by e mail rx'd 15 mins later all gratis.
Thanks very much Easyjet

easy
19th Jan 2010, 19:25
the 737's have been operating 3cc for 149 seats for over a decade with no discernable impact on crew health or customer service.

MUFC_fan
19th Jan 2010, 21:16
So let me get this right...

U2 enter the market in 1995 with a simple no-frills carrier with a single class of seats

BA reduce fares to compete once U2 become some sort of competition

U2 go on, with FR to somewhat concur Europe

Now U2 are looking at installing basically what is a second class cabin onboard.

So basically we are now moving back in a circle - give it a couple of years and they will be offering a complimentary food service!:ok:

MancRy
19th Jan 2010, 23:22
Fernanjet........ I have been crew for 5 years, the last 2 of which have been with Easyjet. There are many crew here who believe that Easyjet were foolish to have ordered the A319 with 156 seats when that capacity requires a 4th crew member. In the last year the company has constantly cited crew costs as being higher than FR's. The crews response has been.....remove 6 seats from the A319.

Our 737 crews don't have any issues with 3 man crews so the 319's shouldn't be an issue. Service levels shouldn't be too much of an issue. There will be a slightly longer wait to be served but this will be minimal.......most crews choose to work in pairs of 2 during cabin service anyway. The increased commission would be a bonus too and career progression is not affected because there would be no reduction in SCCM's.

Many 3 man 319 routes wouldn't have any problems at all. As i said before, cabin service is often very leisurely on the City routes, busier on the leisure destinations but again 737 crews have been doing it for years. It's also worth while to note that i've been on a 3 crew LH A320.

Finally, I didn't say that people don't spend much on 319 routes. I said that on many 319 routes they don't spend as much as some of the longer distance 320 routes where cabin service is much busier.

pamann
19th Jan 2010, 23:30
Does anyone in "in the know" know if Stansted will receive an A320 this summer to operate routes to DLM, BJV, FUE etc? Or is the plan to operate all routes ex STN on the 319?

aeulad
20th Jan 2010, 00:08
Have to put my two cents in here.

Today I operated a 4 sector duty with 3 crew on an A319. Only one of the 4 sectors had over 100 pax, and with it being a city destination, The cabin service did not suffer at all. 737s have been flying round, and still do at 148 capacity for a considerable time, with relatively few problems.

I do believe that easyJet should have gone for the 148 seat A319, but they didn't, and so they are now examining ways to make this pay, as in all reality, more often than not, the extra 6 seats are not needed.

Currently, we do not charge for the extra space in rows 2,3 and 4. As far as I know, there is no plan to start.

I would be glad of the extra commission that 3 crew ops would bring.

Just because there are plenty of applicants, does not make them suitable for a Cabin Crew role within easyJet. In my opinion, LGW in particular does indeed have a growing number of what I would describe as 'unsuitable for a customer service role' cabin crew.

I do have to say that I think fernanjet is misinformed, and has made innaccurate assumptions.

Regards

Mike

MancRy
20th Jan 2010, 00:19
Hi aeulad ....... as a fellow Easy crew member (MAN) thanks for validating my remarks.

GayFriendly
20th Jan 2010, 05:18
ironically the crew at EZY have been screaming at them to reduce 319 capacity in order for them to become 3 man operated

Read this and weep Willie Walsh, read and weep, bet he would do anything for BA crew and their union to have this kind of attitude ;););)

kriskross
20th Jan 2010, 13:17
Couple of points here which have appeared on other threads - the 737s both 700s and 300s are/were 149 seats not 148.

No pilots were included in the Company decision team for Airbus or Boeing - it came as a surprise to the Company when a pilot asked when the extra recruitment for the 319 4th CC was to start. 'We will get a dispensation', they said - they didn't.

The 319 with the 22k engines does not have the performance to reach the Canaries reliably from STN - it does have the fuel, so even a 68 tonner would be likely to Tech stop frequently. The longer routes from STN would thus require a 320.

ben_keghead
20th Jan 2010, 13:20
The A319's, in the main, operate flights with a more relaxed cabin service. i.e City destinations and shorter routes. Therefore, people aren't buying as much and hence the service is generally quicker anyway.

Not entirely true, take the operation at Liverpool, 8 A319s, 1 A320, yet a lot of the services are extremely busy, especially on routes to AGP/ALC/PMI/IBZ etc....

The arguement also that the B737 operates with 3 crew easily, so the A319 can is also not as straight forward as it looks. For example, trolleys are double carts at the front which the SCCM would need to manouvre, there fore requiring the assistance of the 2 or 3. Also on the B737, the oven, which was much larger than that of the A319, is located at the rear of the aircraft. Where as on the Airbus, its up the front, causing more problems....

Anyway, lets just see how the trial goes...

Novair DC10
20th Jan 2010, 13:40
My comment is Beware......

Trail goes well in the winter and no complaints from crew. It becomes standard in April....

By summer with 4 sectors at 80-90% LF a day, and also the mentioned equipment issues, a HUGH increase in workload....

ben_keghead
20th Jan 2010, 15:34
Since when has it been said it becomes standard in April?

IOMspotter
20th Jan 2010, 17:34
Lots of rumours here on Fraggle rock that we ll see your big orange jets here soon.:ok: Any of your LPL jocks know owt?:confused:

The Flying Cokeman
20th Jan 2010, 17:47
NOVAIR DC10,

The 3 cabin crew trial is not a future way to save cabin crew and money. EZY have had the Airbus for years now and even this winter they denied going back to 3 cabin crews permanently and siad it was purely a trial for smaller routes as an experiment.
I believe this trial was/is in fact to reduce cabin crew numbers because EZY do not have enough of them this winter- and many were/are close to their maximum hours. It is not a big secret that there has been a lot of cancellations or sub charters this winter due to lack of flight deck and cabin crews. An expansion of 5 planes this year with a planned recruitment for 50-70 command upgrades, roughly 200 FO's and a number of 800 cabin crews are rumoured to be employed (one way or another) and in my eyes confirms my own theory.

pabely
20th Jan 2010, 20:11
The Flying Cokeman - This is not what I here from the crews I speak too.

But different bases have different issues & structures. It will be all sorted out by Hangar 89, one way or another.

As far a cancellations & sub charters, I think this was just good business sense with crews & airframes littered all over the UK in getting things back on track ASAP.

The Flying Cokeman
20th Jan 2010, 20:29
Pabely,

I obviously know more than you do then being an employee (pilot) with the company.

Cancellations is happening everyday and does not have anything to do with snow in the UK around Xmas. We have had Monarch and Titan flying for us this month- we have daily cancellations in FCO and MAD and other bases due to lack of crews etc. etc. Have a look at the Lamezia fine EZY was fined last month for cancelling the flight too often. Reason here being lack of crews and letting pilots fly that in the end refuse to go into discretion as this is a daily event and want more crews at the base.
Several months during this winter period LGW had more than 500 flights (per month) not fully manned due to lack of crews. I could go on really...............

ben_keghead
21st Jan 2010, 00:07
I have heard rumours about the IOM....but nothing for definate, rumours are always rife....

toledoashley
21st Jan 2010, 07:38
New EZY routes, what did I say?

New:London, Gatwick (LGW) (http://www.theairdb.com/airport/LGW.html) to Antalya (AYT) (http://www.theairdb.com/airport/AYT.html)http://www.theairdb.com/img/info1.png (http://www.theairdb.com/connection/AYT-LGW.html)
New:London, Gatwick (LGW) (http://www.theairdb.com/airport/LGW.html) to Chania, Souda (CHQ) (http://www.theairdb.com/airport/CHQ.html)http://www.theairdb.com/img/info1.png (http://www.theairdb.com/connection/CHQ-LGW.html)
New:London, Gatwick (LGW) (http://www.theairdb.com/airport/LGW.html) to Kos (KGS) (http://www.theairdb.com/airport/KGS.html)http://www.theairdb.com/img/info1.png (http://www.theairdb.com/connection/KGS-LGW.html)
New:London, Gatwick (LGW) (http://www.theairdb.com/airport/LGW.html) to Zakinthos Is (ZTH) (http://www.theairdb.com/airport/ZTH.html)http://www.theairdb.com/img/info1.png (http://www.theairdb.com/connection/LGW-ZTH.html)

Seljuk22
21st Jan 2010, 07:42
4 new destinations in the EZY network from LGW:

LGW-Antalya 3 weekly 21st May
LGW-Zante 4 weekly 22nd May (finally)
LGW-Kos 4 weekly 22nd May
LGW-Chania 3 weekly 23rd May

befree
21st Jan 2010, 07:52
Easyjet has just updated the stockmarket on how its Q1 went. basicly it made more per pax in £s and carried more. Ignoring the weaking of the pound leaves average seat prices down 0.4% in local money.

The key thing is they are not having to reduce seat prices much to fill up the planes. This should leave them profitable over the next few years as they slowly grow. Ryanair have had the policy of growth at any cost and reduces the income per seat as a result. Ryanairs next update is expected around the 1st Feb. I will be taking a close look at how income per seat drops to fill the planes. The income per seat gap between the two is getting wider.

SW3Flyer
21st Jan 2010, 08:55
Have heard rumours it might actually appear in the summer schedule - April onwards and Liverpool only.

Does Anybody have more info?

:confused:

ben_keghead
21st Jan 2010, 12:42
If its true...it will be announced, nobody knows until it happens. Cant beat a good rumour though

choxs
21st Jan 2010, 12:56
KrisKross

sorry chap, but your actually wrong. Some of the early 300's for ezy were 148 config.

All the 700's though were 149.

DOOBIE
21st Jan 2010, 13:45
Having been involved with easyJet since they started, the only 148 config 737 I can remember is the oddball -700 G-OSLH.

choxs
21st Jan 2010, 13:56
What about the Yanky's...ya, yc, yd and I think even one of the 4 swiss a/c's was a 138, IJ I believe (but so long ago, cant remember now)

If you remember correctly a few of them had a different MTOW and thats how you could remember they were 148's.

World Traveller
22nd Jan 2010, 15:53
All the second hand -300s, including those inherited from TEA Switzerland and Go would be 148 seaters. Of the EZY's, this is G-EZYA-EZYF and iirc EZYT was ex Swiss. The 12 new build -300s were 149 seaters (EZYG thru S). G-OSLH was indeed also an oddball -700.

choxs
22nd Jan 2010, 16:12
wow - YT!! now there was a reliable aircraft...not lol

pamann
22nd Jan 2010, 16:29
I don't get it? Where's the extra seat in the cabin on the 149 config?

cherokee leader
22nd Jan 2010, 18:50
From memory, the exit row on 148-config is 2+2 with no window seats, whereas 149 requires 3+ 2 at the exit, achieved by tightening slightly the seat pitch in the rows behind, so the window seat doesn't block the exit.

kriskross
22nd Jan 2010, 19:30
Sorry guys, but from my Air Test records in 2001, YB,YC,YD and YF were certainly 149 seaters - the others I haven't yet got to check. YA was just before my time.

World Traveller
25th Jan 2010, 08:30
I believe the extra seat was achieved by removing a toilet (3 to 2) which allowed all the seats on one side to be shifted back and minimum floorspace around the exit created by greater leg room across 3 seats rather than an empty space beside 2 seats.

thebeehive
25th Jan 2010, 20:52
what is the stroy behind G-OSLH? Why is it an oddball and why not a G-EZJx?

Ringwayman
25th Jan 2010, 21:25
Perhaps something to do with Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou's initials?

Zippy Monster
25th Jan 2010, 21:29
Looking at the code, it appears that it wasn't originally an easyJet spec model. (easyJet's Boeing customer code is -3V, G-OSLH was a -6Q). It was probably destined to go somewhere else and already registered or soon-to-be-registered, and then was taken by easyJet at the last minute. It only stayed in the fleet for two years, much shorter than the other now-departed -700s.

(Edited to add... 6Q is Bouillion Aircraft Leasing. Maybe a lease to cover for slower-than-expected delivery in the rest of the fleet or something of that nature? I don't know, just a guess.)

22/04
25th Jan 2010, 21:59
Maybe I should posat this in spotters corner

But

Were the eyebrow windows on Easy 737s ( which I had never noticed til my nice shiny 1/200 model was delivered today) a spec item as I thought they were deleted on 737NGs?

Zippy Monster
25th Jan 2010, 22:31
They were omitted from new-build NGs from some point in the mid 2000s. Not sure exactly when but think it was around 2005. Earlier NGs still have them.

groundagent
26th Jan 2010, 08:07
what is the stroy behind G-OSLH? Why is it an oddball and why not a G-EZJx?

This was registered at the time the announcement of the easyJet acquisition of Go. It is supposed to reflect GO and Stellios Haji Iaonnou initials no idea where the "L" fits in though.

GA

kriskross
26th Jan 2010, 10:05
With regards to SLH, the speculation is just about accurate. I did the acceptance on the aircraft at the same time as two of the EZY spec aircraft. It was originally destined for another compnay who delayed acceptance, with a result that it was not to the same spec - this one WAS a 148 seater. I was told that the registration reflected Stelios' full initials.

fredtheanorak
26th Jan 2010, 18:21
Any truth in the MAN-SOU new route story:confused:. Seems like BHD rumour was correct and now even IOM is happening:eek:. I hope someones told ops about the weather at Ronaldsway:} 60 knot xwinds:ooh:

MUFC_fan
26th Jan 2010, 18:23
BE has been following round Eastern, Manx2, Blue Islands etc. for some time but now it seems, it is time to play with the big boys!

I wonder how they end up when U2 gives them a seeing to?:ok:

lfc84
26th Jan 2010, 18:36
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/233780-isle-man-70.html#post5471441

since people are quoting fares and start dates, is IOM-LPL definite or is this all still at the stage or rumour?

ben_keghead
26th Jan 2010, 19:16
Rumour...until you see it on easyJet.com

But these rumours do seem to be getting pretty strong now

ben_keghead
27th Jan 2010, 17:50
Rumour has even more weight behind it now....

:: Manx Radio :: The Isle of Man's Premier Radio Station :: (http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=42238)

IOMspotter
27th Jan 2010, 19:16
Lots of ops guys in orange jackets doing ramp inspections at ronaldsway to:ok:

WELSHGUY40
27th Jan 2010, 22:14
shame easy wont set up in cwl would be nice to see a few A319 be happy with two

sam1993
30th Jan 2010, 16:24
Manchester Summer 2010 fleet will be 3 A320's and 2 A319s :ok:

pabely
31st Jan 2010, 15:36
Looks like EZY could be once a day IOM, 5 days a week, LPL with 319, but not confirmed yet.

Welshtraveller
31st Jan 2010, 16:07
Does anyone know when Easyjet’s October flights will be released? Thanks.

EI-BUD
31st Jan 2010, 17:44
Looks like EZY could be once a day IOM, 5 days a week, LPL with 319, but not confirmed yet.

It may make sense to fill a gap in the schedule between say LPL and IOM for Easyjet, but I cant see how they will appeal to any sector other than the tourist as oppossed to the businessman. However, I feel that this is a test to see how Flybe react. A part of me feels that Easyjet may be doing a test into what happens versus Flybe as to a guide as to what might happen if Easyjet started broader operations at BHD??

Any thoughts. I would dread that Easyjet would move too many of its routes to the City airport from Belfast International but if they did wish to move other UK routes (i know that there are restriction etc) they would invariably come up against Flybe. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Gatwick and potentially in the future Birmingham and Manchester?

That's another question entirely, if WW abandoned MAN and BHX from BFS as they are doing with CWL would Easyjet step in and would they do BFS or would they look to BHD?

EI-BUD

MUFC_fan
31st Jan 2010, 17:46
If you are a businessman and not particularly bothered about time/on a multi-day trip then it is perfect!

I think it will appeal more to those who plan to take to the high seas opposed to the businessmen.

Fares won't have to be high to make a small profit on that route!

EuroWings
31st Jan 2010, 21:14

I think that could work, especially with leisure passengers who don't need day return trips. If the prices are lower than BE, which I'm sure they will be, this kind of market will be attracted.

I think LTN/LGW could also work again at a similar frequency.

Although I'm sure BE will be able to handle competition, they are a resilient little niche operator who cater for the market well. I'll be dropping them for EZY if they (BE) are more expensive though! :ok:

jethrotull
2nd Feb 2010, 17:16
What are U2's plans for flts from malta ? there was a recent press release about SRT, the maint provider for U2, setting up base in MLA to service easyjet heavy checks.

Normally these are done at STN and ZRH, both are in countries with large U2 ops, has U2 any plans to increase the ops from MLA starting spring summer 2010.

I am sure the avail of qualified staff, thanks to LTM, has been a driver in the decision to set base at MLA however to leverage this normally it is backed by a large flt ops from the maint base.

Thinking aloud.

Cheers.

Akrapovic
2nd Feb 2010, 19:49
LPL-IOM in an Airbus?!

Seems a tad excessive for the job - Spent quite a bit of time on the rock and one thing you spot is that it's primarily a turboprop base. Only time I ever saw anything bigger than a Q400 was when an A320 was chartered to airlift the locals out on holiday. . . .

Expect to see loads similar to the Jersey flights we used to operate . . .

racedo
3rd Feb 2010, 15:01
easyJet to help Pope cut costs on UK visit (http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/latest-news/news-year-2010/easyJet%20to%20help%20Pope%20cut%20costs%20on%20UK%20visit.a spx)

Tacky very tacky

Monty Gordo
3rd Feb 2010, 15:17
...but funny, very funny!

MUFC_fan
3rd Feb 2010, 15:32
To be honest, I am very surprised that FR weren't quicker in on the act!

MUFC_fan
3rd Feb 2010, 16:03
To have the Pope walking off a plane covered in your trademark orange scheme is very high up there for advertisement purposes along with the two most famous persons in the world:

The Queen and David Beckham (you think I'm joking!:hmm:)

MUFC_fan
3rd Feb 2010, 16:08
I do apologise - I thought the capital 'T' in 'the' sort of narrowed it down but thinking about it, I have done something very Americanised :( I have assumed nothing exists outside of the country's walls...I do apologise...;)

I did however mean Queen Elizabeth II (or I if you are Scottish based!:ok:)

Seriously though, it will never happen but I think easyJet would give him a free ticket every week if he took advantage of the invitation!

al446
3rd Feb 2010, 17:38
But forget any priority boarding so he can move amongst his humble flock in equality and empathy.

compton3bravo
3rd Feb 2010, 19:43
I would have thought that Ryanair have had quite a number of ´Queens´ on board before the queen of Spain!

one post only!
4th Feb 2010, 06:57
EZY have carried a queen also. I flew Gordon Brown a couple of years ago from EDI to STN. Still can't believe he scribbled on the cabin wall where he sat with black marker pen!!! Actually now I think about it he was probably drawing a graph of the course the UK (no boom or bust) economy was going to take!!

Falcon666
4th Feb 2010, 10:40
Well rumour has it a Princess ,that is pop Princess Kylie, flew out of LTN last Friday to Girona with Ryanair.
Maybe she didnt want to fly to the main airport.Big question was did she get the 1p flight!!

Seljuk22
4th Feb 2010, 13:24
January:
passengers: 3,142,629 +10.7% (FR reports 9% growth)
load factor: 79.3% +3.6 pp

...despite closure of EMA-base and cancellations due snow.

globetrotter79
10th Feb 2010, 09:13
since bmi has rescinded its rights to the 5 per week frequency between London (defined as LGW, LHR and STN in this case) and Kiev (CAA Official records series 2, No. 1938 date 09February) is there any chance that easyJet might jump in and consider having a go at a five per week LGW-KBP themselves?

davidjohnson6
10th Feb 2010, 10:41
globe - Wizz seems to be getting grief from plenty of entrenched interests in the Ukraine regarding its Luton-Kiev route. Have these been resolved yet ? If sections of the Govt are against you doing something, it takes considerable nerve to push ahead and do it anyway !

globetrotter79
10th Feb 2010, 11:34
True - but EZY has the size of its market share at LGW behind it and, sooner or later, is going to have to push further east when it runs out of things to do within its current operational area.
With a reasonable schedule ex-LGW it could tap into the UK business market into Kiev in a way that probably Wizz is not capable of doing, and be much less reliant upon Ukraine-originating VFR traffic

en2r
10th Feb 2010, 12:23
With a reasonable schedule ex-LGW it could tap into the UK business market into Kiev in a way that probably Wizz is not capable of doing, and be much less reliant upon Ukraine-originating VFR traffic
I think the issue is not reliance on the Ukranian market, it's that vested interests are trying to force Wizzair out of the Ukranian market to protect Ukranian airlines from competition.

nivsy
10th Feb 2010, 19:10
Any truth that Easyjet have been sending out e mails informing of cancelled flights and then sending back up e mails saying sorry - not cancelling but changing flight times? Apparantly this has been happening over last 48 hours?

Nivsy

david1994
10th Feb 2010, 20:53
Any truth that Easyjet have been sending out e mails informing of cancelled flights and then sending back up e mails saying sorry - not cancelling but changing flight times? Apparantly this has been happening over last 48 hours?

Yes it is true I booked flights BFS - STN - BFS paid £60.00 got an email an hour later and found out it was cancelled then 2 hours later an email to say flight times has changed by 1 hour each way. I was ready to book flights to MAN when i saw that they where cancelled

adambsmith
10th Feb 2010, 21:10
Yep we got one last night re Liverpool to Faro.

We had already been cancelled for the same trip by BMIbaby so last night I was :mad:

fsiom
12th Feb 2010, 01:12
3FM - The Isle of Man's radio station (http://www.three.fm/newscentre/isle-of-man-news/easyjet-coming-to-the-island-986)

Seljuk22
12th Feb 2010, 17:00
Today EZY launched its 500th route (MXP-OPO).

MUFC_fan
12th Feb 2010, 19:42
Today EZY launched its 500th route (MXP-OPO).

Considering that Ryanair operate over 1000, it really does show how U2 work on frequency...

Seljuk22
15th Feb 2010, 07:55
from 22nd May LPL-IOM 6 weekly, from June 4 weekly
from 19 th June GVA-PRN (Pristina, Kosovo) 2 weekly
from 26th June BSL-PRN 2 weekly
from 30th August GVA-TLV 4 weekly

dwlpl
15th Feb 2010, 08:29
Liverpool/IOM starts 21st May.

idlejack
15th Feb 2010, 09:04
New style timetables are now loaded until the end of October and October month is now bookable.

lfc84
15th Feb 2010, 09:13
a random check in oct for LPL-IOM shows it daily except tuesday and timing differences when compared to when the schedule commences

changes look like they come into effect 2 oct

ESCNI
15th Feb 2010, 13:00
For the first time in over 20 years, it looks like there is to be no Saturday flight home from Liverpool to Belfast on a Saturday evening. Looking at the start of the next football season in August, the current easyJet timetable shows the last flight home from Liverpool on a Saturday to be at 17.15.

Unless an additional flight is added into their schedule at a later date, this will mean the end of day‑return trips on a Saturday for us for the foreseeable future (except for the 12.45pm kick offs).

Realistically, is there any hope of an additional flight appearing on their timetable?

:{