PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

DirectAnywhere 25th Jul 2021 07:31


Originally Posted by PoppaJo (Post 11084608)
My apologies. Newscorpse wrong again. This is what they said. Replace Virgin Flight Attendant with Qantas Flight Attendant and that solves that one.

A NSW who allegedly entered the sunny state, allegedly illegally, has been identified as the source of infection for a Virgin flight attendant who later tested positive for Covid-19.

The man flew from Sydney to Ballina on July 14, where he was picked up from Ballina airport in NSW by a Virgin flight attendant.

That’s not the case according to the direct quotes from Steven Miles.

“He was then collected from Ballina airport by the flight attendant that we reported positive in Queensland on Friday”. That’s the QLINK F/A.

If she knew he was supposed to be in isolation in NSW and knowingly aided him in avoiding police at Brisbane airport then, should she be charged and convicted, that would be the end of her ASIC and flying career.

It may explain why she took a week after becoming symptomatic to get tested.

She has potentially put at the risk the careers and livelihoods of hundreds of Queensland based colleagues, not to mention the health of all Queenslanders. It’s hard to find much sympathy, assuming of course that things have both transpired as reported and she knew he was supposed to be isolating in Sydney.

SOPS 25th Jul 2021 08:51


Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere (Post 11084612)
That’s not the case according to the direct quotes from Steven Miles.

“He was then collected from Ballina airport by the flight attendant that we reported positive in Queensland on Friday”. That’s the QLINK F/A.

If she knew he was supposed to be in isolation in NSW and knowingly aided him in avoiding police at Brisbane airport then, should she be charged and convicted, that would be the end of her ASIC and flying career.

It may explain why she took a week after becoming symptomatic to get tested.

She has potentially put at the risk the careers and livelihoods of hundreds of Queensland based colleagues, not to mention the health of all Queenslanders. It’s hard to find much sympathy, assuming of course that things have both transpired as reported and she knew he was supposed to be isolating in Sydney.

What a mess!! This could spread in QLD now.

DirectAnywhere 25th Jul 2021 09:20

Amazingly, they might have dodged a bullet given that he travelled on 12 July, 13 days ago and there don’t appear to have been any cases
linked to him apart from the F/A. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for everyone’s sake.

SOPS 25th Jul 2021 09:54


Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere (Post 11084650)
Amazingly, they might have dodged a bullet given that he travelled on 12 July, 13 days ago and there don’t appear to have been any cases
linked to him apart from the F/A. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for everyone’s sake.

Thats good news.

Lookleft 25th Jul 2021 10:31


She then drove him back to Queensland, and health authorities believe he's responsible for infecting her with the Delta strain.
Thats a new way of describing it! Clearly masks are pointless when being infected with the Delta strain.

machtuk 25th Jul 2021 11:50

Amazing that one person (the F/A in question) can bring so much fear to so many, such an outcome the generals of past wars would loved to have had!

SOPS 25th Jul 2021 13:07

And I see the Tik Tok moron who was ‘predicting’ case numbers was at the protests. There really is no hope for NSW.. and aviation .

Gnadenburg 25th Jul 2021 23:18


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11084153)
I just got home from visiting my mother. On the way back home, I was delayed by a “convoy” of anti vax protest cars blocking a 3 lane, 70 Kph highway by driving at 20 kph in all lanes. Their cars were covered in anti vax slogans.. including my favourite ..5G kills.

With these morons around, we have no hope.

I thought you explained you were living remotely, hence your reluctance to rush vaccination?

Scooter Rassmussin 25th Jul 2021 23:42

Can we please change the title of the thread to Borders never to open . With the requirement for 3 monthly jabs, looking likely the novelty will wear off for most people leading to this groundhog day we are stuck in .
There is no solution only a delay in the inevitable. China will take over the world without destroying any infrastructure .

kiwi grey 26th Jul 2021 00:26


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11084531)
I must not understand this Sydney lockdown properly. There is now a positive case that flew on a flight from Sydney to Ballina. ( amongst an ever increasing number of exposure sights).
Can someone explain to me, if you are in lockdown, why are you on a flight to Ballina?!

Because it's not a real lockdown.

For example
"It is also considered a reasonable excuse to leave your home if you need to ... move ... between your different places of residence"
Which means if you live in Epping and have a holiday home in Yamba, it's OK to move between them: you don't have to choose and stick with one or the other.

Also
"Businesses providing essential products and services that can be open include grocery stores including butchers, bakeries, fruit and vegetable, seafood
other food or drink retailers that predominantly sell or display food or drinks
kiosks and other small food and drink premises
banks and financial institutions
hardware, building supplies
landscaping material supplies
agricultural and rural supplies
shops that, in the normal course of business, operate as or sell and display
pet supplies
newsagents
office supplies
liquor stores
post offices
garden centres and plant nurseries
vehicle hire premises, not including the premises at which vehicles are sold;
shops that predominantly carry out repairs of mobile phones
laundromats and drycleaners."

For contrast, none of those retail businesses were open in NZ during our "Level 4" lockdown. The only ones allowed to open were supermarkets, pharmacies and service stations. If you wanted meat or vegetables, you had to buy what the supermarket was offering, the specialty shops were shut.

And IMO, that's the problem with NSW at the moment,

"It is also considered a reasonable excuse to leave your home if you need to ...
move ... between your different places of residence"
"It is also considered a reasonable excuse to leave your home if you need to ...
move ... between your different places of residence"

SOPS 26th Jul 2021 00:33


Originally Posted by Gnadenburg (Post 11084949)
I thought you explained you were living remotely, hence your reluctance to rush vaccination?

ummm.. not me. I’m fully vaxed. Think you are confusing me with someone else.

601 26th Jul 2021 00:43


And IMO, that's the problem with NSW at the moment,
And that is the reason that the NSW Govt tried to keep the economy ticking over in previous breakouts, unlike Vic with a full lockdown.
That worked with the earlier strains of Covid as in the Northern Beaches.
Everyone was lauding the "Gold Standard" of NSW, localised containment while keeping the State open.

But the Delta strain has a different play book.
We are ALL learning as time goes on.

We just need the Richard Craniums out there to follow the advice of the CMOs.



.

Xeptu 26th Jul 2021 01:30


Originally Posted by 601 (Post 11084964)
And that is the reason that the NSW Govt tried to keep the economy ticking over in previous breakouts, unlike Vic with a full lockdown.
That worked with the earlier strains of Covid as in the Northern Beaches.
Everyone was lauding the "Gold Standard" of NSW, localised containment while keeping the State open.

Errr! No, The only people that was lauding NSW as the Gold Standard was NSW. Our states medical professionals which were helping out in Vic at the time thought NSW was reckless and predicted to fall, it just took a bit longer than expected that's all.

Chronic Snoozer 26th Jul 2021 01:32


Originally Posted by 601 (Post 11084964)
And that is the reason that the NSW Govt tried to keep the economy ticking over in previous breakouts, unlike Vic with a full lockdown.
That worked with the earlier strains of Covid as in the Northern Beaches.
Everyone was lauding the "Gold Standard" of NSW, localised containment while keeping the State open.

But the Delta strain has a different play book.
We are ALL learning as time goes on.

We just need the Richard Craniums out there to follow the advice of the CMOs.



.

The personification of COVID-19 has gone to hysterical levels. I did not know viruses had playbooks. But then you learn all kinds of stuff on this site. I thought 'Platinum' was the highest standard.

KRviator 26th Jul 2021 01:34


Originally Posted by 601 (Post 11084964)
We just need the Richard Craniums out there to follow the advice of the CMOs.

Perhaps when the CHO's themselves can come to some sort of agreement about what constitutes a hotspot, or a lockdown, people will begin to listen. But right now, the only message that seems to be getting out there is either: "Don't take the AZ vaccine if you want to live!" or "If you're rich enough, you're not as much of a risk as a pauper, so come to Queensland and spend your money here!"

There's absolutely zero consensus among these so-called 'experts' that we're being implored to listen to, and that's a massive problem, not only for the Government and their vaccination message, but Australia as a whole, because apart from having a marketing guru swan off to Hawaii in the middle of a crisis, we're now a half-dozen individual nations each with their own definitions, rules, standards and procedures to gain entry.

Consider Gladys' request for some states to give up a portion of their vaccines to allow NSW to get more vaccinations going - which state said "Sure, here's some of ours!" McGowan said "Get stuffed, it's allocated on aper capita basis and you're not having ours", Anna-Stayaway said similar. Guess NSW should have been enforcing international arrivals and air-freight throughput as a function of their percentage of Australian's too, rather than taking, at times, 2/3rds of international arrivals and (I think I read - happy to be corrected) 75% of all incoming airfreight.

Gnadenburg 26th Jul 2021 01:39


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11084960)
ummm.. not me. I’m fully vaxed. Think you are confusing me with someone else.

My Apologies. Struggling to keep up with so many protagonists.

dr dre 26th Jul 2021 04:07


Originally Posted by KRviator (Post 11084977)
Consider Gladys' request for some states to give up a portion of their vaccines to allow NSW to get more vaccinations going - which state said "Sure, here's some of ours!" McGowan said "Get stuffed, it's allocated on aper capita basis and you're not having ours", Anna-Stayaway said similar.

Someone did say get stuffed to a vaccine request, it was.......

Speaking to radio hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O, Berejiklian was asked about the idea that Victoria – at that point in a lockdown with both Kappa and Delta variants circulating – might want some of “our” doses. “No, they can’t,” she says.
“Why does everyone look to us to save their own stupid decisions?” Sandilands asks. “I can’t comment on that,” Berejiklian sighs, as if she would very much like to.


And just so everyone can see it for real, the relevant footage starts at 2:30 in. Also great to hear is the smuggest talk right after about how NSW people “are doing the right thing”......:yuk:



Guess NSW should have been enforcing international arrivals and air-freight throughput as a function of their percentage of Australian's too, rather than taking, at times, 2/3rds of international arrivals and (I think I read - happy to be corrected) 75% of all incoming airfreight.
At times, but overall NSW and WA have been the states with the highest proportion of arrivals per capita with roughly similar figures. Both eclipsed per capita by the NT arrivals into Howard Springs however.

NSW and WA are about 50% higher than SA and Qld, with Victoria in 6th.

Transition Layer 26th Jul 2021 04:25


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 11084974)
Errr! No, The only people that was lauding NSW as the Gold Standard was NSW. Our states medical professionals which were helping out in Vic at the time thought NSW was reckless and predicted to fall, it just took a bit longer than expected that's all.

Which state is that Xeptu? Not WA I hope (“swan downunder”). Their health system is in a complete shambles and should not be throwing stones across the borders

Chronic Snoozer 26th Jul 2021 05:26


Originally Posted by dr dre (Post 11084997)
Someone did say get stuffed to a vaccine request, it was.......

Speaking to radio hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O, Berejiklian was asked about the idea that Victoria – at that point in a lockdown with both Kappa and Delta variants circulating – might want some of “our” doses. “No, they can’t,” she says.
“Why does everyone look to us to save their own stupid decisions?” Sandilands asks. “I can’t comment on that,” Berejiklian sighs, as if she would very much like to.


She says "I can't" not "they can't". A subtle and possibly significant difference. And then points out the federal government was already sending more AZ to Victoria. But she did herself no favours in the rest of the interview. If the federal government is distributing the vaccines then surely they can decide how they're allocated to each state.

Foxxster 26th Jul 2021 05:44

The problem is a lack of Pfizer and yet…

The Health Ministry will destroy at least 800,000 expiring coronavirus vaccine doses if no buyers are found for them in the next two weeks, according to a report Monday.

The doses of the Pfizer-BioNtech vaccines, set to expire at the end of July, are worth hundreds of millions of dollars, according to the Kan public broadcaster.

Israel’s search for a taker for the shots come as many countries are expanding their vaccination drives to combat the fast-spreading Delta variant of the coronavirus, which has sent case numbers in some places soaring.

Israel has some 1.4 million shots that will expire at the end of July, but hopes to use 600,000 of them to vaccinate 300,000 teens ages 12 to 15 by then, Kan reported, without attributing the information to a source.

Israel is reportedly in talks with several countries to either purchase the vaccines, or take them in exchange for vaccines they had been set to receive later, which will instead go to Israel. The report did not name the countries.


https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...ovid-vaccines/



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.