PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

dr dre 27th Mar 2021 10:27

The FB page of the WA Premier if you have access

Changed 15 minutes ago

SOPS 27th Mar 2021 10:29

Was just about to say.. the situation is changing fast .

wheels_down 27th Mar 2021 10:31

Well those currently on JQ978 CNS-PER will be in for a rude shock on arrival.

SOPS 27th Mar 2021 10:35


Originally Posted by Icarus2001 (Post 11017275)
Not in the government website

Not hotel quarantine?

Do you have a link ?

The Government web site has not been updated. The Premier’s FB page has announced it, and was just confirmed again on a Seven News update. WA is shut to QLD.

Icarus2001 27th Mar 2021 10:36

I do so love a government that communicates their policy on. FB page but not on their own website.
Amateurs.

My point was NO hotel quarantine which is still correct.

StudentInDebt 27th Mar 2021 14:58


Originally Posted by Icarus2001 (Post 11017286)
I do so love a government that communicates their policy on. FB page but not on their own website.
Amateurs.

My point was NO hotel quarantine which is still correct.

This might help those without Facebook
https://www.wa.gov.au/government/ann...ned-queensland

blubak 27th Mar 2021 21:09


Originally Posted by jrfsp (Post 11017204)
Great : "A Brisbane man who tested positive to coronavirus held a party for 25 people at his home after being instructed to isolate while he waited his test results."
rty for 25 people at his home after being instructed to isolate while he waited his test results.

So here we go again! Maybe it just wasnt made clear to him that he must isolate or maybe he was confused or maybe he didnt understand english very well or maybe he asked many times if he could hold a party & was told he could!
Im thinking he should run to the media now & demand a public apology from the government.
What he needs is a massive fine & be made front up publicly & apologise to all who are about to have their easter f....d due to his selfish actions.

Foxxster 27th Mar 2021 21:39


Originally Posted by blubak (Post 11017588)
So here we go again! Maybe it just wasnt made clear to him that he must isolate or maybe he was confused or maybe he didnt understand english very well or maybe he asked many times if he could hold a party & was told he could!
Im thinking he should run to the media now & demand a public apology from the government.
What he needs is a massive fine & be made front up publicly & apologise to all who are about to have their easter f....d due to his selfish actions.


given the economic cost will be measured in the tens of millions being conservative, plus the inconvenience to tens of thousands of people, I would be making him a guest of her majesty for a decade or so plus confiscate all his assets.

brokenagain 27th Mar 2021 22:22

Lucky he’s not an African female or his name and face would have been splashed across the front page of the Courier Mail already this morning.

LapSap 27th Mar 2021 22:39


Originally Posted by Foxxster (Post 11017603)
given the economic cost will be measured in the tens of millions being conservative, plus the inconvenience to tens of thousands of people, I would be making him a guest of her majesty for a decade or so plus confiscate all his assets.

Totally agree but in all likelihood will get hit with a wet feather like most of the others who blatantly thumbed their noses at the law. Case in point the 2 Kenyan women who got 80 hours
of community service this week. Pffft- not sure what useful task they’d be given to perform requiring supervision- may as well do it yourself. They must be laughing all the way to the nearest LV store.

Icarus2001 28th Mar 2021 00:53

There was no party of twenty five people at his house, there were FIVE people.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...bane/100033302

Amazed that our all knowing media got it wrong.

The media simply want to stir up dissent and anger, look at the responses above.

turbantime 28th Mar 2021 01:07

25 people at a party narrative was actually put out by QLD health. What’s worse is that they said they were able to quarantine all 25. QLD health really are a bunch of amateurs. Why would you not double check your information before putting out such an inflammatory update? Then on top of that, indicate that they’re so amazing by being able to track down all 25.
In the end, 5 people at the house and 4 of them were housemates.

Foxxster 28th Mar 2021 01:59


Originally Posted by turbantime (Post 11017686)
25 people at a party narrative was actually put out by QLD health. What’s worse is that they said they were able to quarantine all 25. QLD health really are a bunch of amateurs. Why would you not double check your information before putting out such an inflammatory update? Then on top of that, indicate that they’re so amazing by being able to track down all 25.
In the end, 5 people at the house and 4 of them were housemates.

yes I heard that too after posting my other comment, which I will stand by as a general principle.

doesn’t give you a lot of faith in Qld health after over a year of dealing with this WuHu flu.

Dannyboy39 28th Mar 2021 08:10


Originally Posted by wheels_down (Post 11017280)
Well those currently on JQ978 CNS-PER will be in for a rude shock on arrival.

Despite being 1000 bloody miles away.
Its like me in London being quarantined for 3 cases in Madrid.

Fuel-Off 28th Mar 2021 09:03

Took me and my crew on arrival into Melbourne 4 hours to be processed as an international arrival last week. Despite ALL crew being vaccinated (with vaccines approved by the TGA) we're still required to be tested and handed detention notices to be locked up in hotel rooms for the period of our layover. Even countries with similar covid profiles like Thailand and Singapore don't require the comically over the top protocols that Australia seems to have put on itself.

It was embarrassing to say the least.

Fuel-Off :ok:

Chronic Snoozer 28th Mar 2021 09:28


Originally Posted by Dannyboy39 (Post 11017800)
Despite being 1000 bloody miles away.
Its like me in London being quarantined for 3 cases in Madrid.

Yes it would be good if the WA government would indulge us and provide the risk assessments that lead to these stringent rules. Queensland is a big state, everybody can't suddenly become low or medium risk overnight without good reason and meticulous assessment of the probability of community transmission. They're using a steamroller to flatten a milk carton. It's a small mercy the government is at least consistent, they were doing this before the election.

Angle of Attack 28th Mar 2021 09:50

Did a SYD return out of BNE today, needed to fill in a 6 page border declaration form to be let off the aerobridge to walk next door and get on the next plane back to BNE on a 40 min turnaround, got a nice blue sticker stuck on me to prove I had been assessed by NSW health for the 2 mins I was in the terminal. This crap is worse than the peak of the COVID last year, WTF is going on with these idiots?

ozbiggles 28th Mar 2021 10:14

Isn’t it ironic.
Some pilots on here winging about how strict the regulations are...and then complaining how they should be above them. Can’t put 2 and 2 together. I wonder if the stable approach criteria applies to them or if they are above that too?

Troo believer 28th Mar 2021 10:37


Originally Posted by ozbiggles (Post 11017863)
Isn’t it ironic.
Some pilots on here winging about how strict the regulations are...and then complaining how they should be above them. Can’t put 2 and 2 together. I wonder if the stable approach criteria applies to them or if they are above that too?

Some pylots can even spell. Others can’t. Keep winging it mate. Whinging is not your strong point.

Derfred 28th Mar 2021 10:51


Originally Posted by Angle of Attack (Post 11017851)
Did a SYD return out of BNE today, needed to fill in a 6 page border declaration form to be let off the aerobridge to walk next door and get on the next plane back to BNE on a 40 min turnaround, got a nice blue sticker stuck on me to prove I had been assessed by NSW health for the 2 mins I was in the terminal. This crap is worse than the peak of the COVID last year, WTF is going on with these idiots?

Hang on, everyone keeps saying NSW is the only Cool State.

All the other states are led by morons, true?

Is NSW not Cool anymore?

dr dre 28th Mar 2021 11:19


Originally Posted by Derfred (Post 11017891)
Hang on, everyone keeps saying NSW is the only Cool State.

All the other states are led by morons, true?

Is NSW not Cool anymore?

All states are not cool now. Lucky we have such good leadership at the federal level to set a good example and get them all on the right track :yuk:

Like how today Health Minister Hunt announced 500,000 vaccinations have been completed. Great achievement guys, only a shame about this little prediction:

Four million Australians to be vaccinated for coronavirus by end of March - Morrison (January 7th)

The only way this is ending is with an appropriate level of immunisation. The longer that takes the longer this goes on.....




galdian 28th Mar 2021 11:26


Originally Posted by Derfred (Post 11017891)
Hang on, everyone keeps saying NSW is the only Cool State.

All the other states are led by morons, true?

Is NSW not Cool anymore?

Well anyone who thinks for a moment that anyone (or any one state) gets everything right every single time is a moron who's lived an incredibly sheltered and unobservant life.

Compared with "hide under the bedclothes" McGowan, "I saved you so you must vote for me" queen P and "lets kill some 800+ people whilst looking after our mates" Chairman Dan NSW has been pretty well balanced in their approach IMHO.

Not perfect - but little is - however miles ahead of the other clowns.

ozbiggles 28th Mar 2021 12:23

Thanks for the spelling correction Troo. You should see how bad I am with numbers. Like when I wrote 25 instead of 5 last week at work.

Fonz121 28th Mar 2021 22:42

QLD lockdown for three days. Schools closed. 4 cases. Anna just recommended other states declare Brisbane a hotspot.

Ridiculous.

brokenagain 28th Mar 2021 23:04

Queenslanders voted in a clown, and they’re surprised their getting a circus?

Very ‘convenient’ too, coming the day after JobKeeper ends. :hmm:

ScepticalOptomist 28th Mar 2021 23:05


Originally Posted by brokenagain (Post 11018258)
Queenslanders voted in a clown, and they’re surprised their getting a circus?

Not all Queenslanders voted for her!

galdian 28th Mar 2021 23:20


Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist (Post 11018260)
Not all Queenslanders voted for her!

Well enough did so she has an absolute majority to do absolutely anything and to continue her magnificent leadership absolutely.

For another 3.5 years.

Be intersting to see what state the State is in when she's finished with it. :ugh:

DanV2 28th Mar 2021 23:28


Originally Posted by Fonz121 (Post 11018250)
QLD lockdown for three days. Schools closed. 4 cases. Anna just recommended other states declare Brisbane a hotspot.

Ridiculous.

Just 'Greater Brisbane' in lockdown. Not the whole of Qld.

Most other states (bar) NSW have some form of border restrictions on 'Greater brisbane' already, expect some of those states to step that up to 'mandatory hotel quarantine' at own expense shorty.

Edit: Also masks mandatory at public indoor venues across the whole of Qld.

DirectAnywhere 28th Mar 2021 23:30


Originally Posted by Fonz121 (Post 11018250)
QLD lockdown for three days. Schools closed. 4 cases. Anna just recommended other states declare Brisbane a hotspot.

Ridiculous.

The problem they've got now:

- Four new community cases today, two are currently unlinked to the previous positive individuals.
- The brother of the first positive last week was unknowingly infectious in the community for up to two weeks.
- Two of today's positives travelled to Byron while infectious.
- One of today's positives travelled to Gladstone while infectious.

QLD health KNEW last Friday that they had unknown community transmission going on. It was later confirmed genomically that it was linked to the cluster from two weeks prior, meaning it had potentially been going on for that period. This was always a far riskier situation than a single positive cleaner being out in the community, which led to the previous lockdown. God only knows why, when the risk was clearly higher, there was no lockdown last week and masks weren't mandated until today.

It’s also amazing how we’ve gone from being ‘very comfortable’ on the weekend to the now standard ‘this is highly transmissable, tricky virus etc.’.

You’d also have to question the timing of the lockdown. Done by Thursday, all set for the Easter weekend. Sorry Anastasia. The damage is done to QLD tourism for these holidays - again.

blubak 29th Mar 2021 00:07


Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere (Post 11018272)
The problem they've got now:

- Four new community cases today, two are currently unlinked to the previous positive individuals.
- The brother of the first positive last week was unknowingly infectious in the community for up to two weeks.
- Two of today's positives travelled to Byron while infectious.
- One of today's positives travelled to Gladstone while infectious.

QLD health KNEW last Friday that they had unknown community transmission going on. It was confirmed genomically that it was linked to the cluster from two weeks prior, meaning it had potentially been going on for that period. This was always a far riskier situation than a single positive cleaner being out in the community, which led to the previous lockdown. God only knows, when the risk was clearly higher, that there was no lockdown last week and masks weren't mandated until today.

It’s also amazing how we’ve gone from being ‘very comfortable’ on the weekend to the now standard ‘this is highly transmissable, tricky virus etc.’.

You’d also have to question the timing of the lockdown. Done by Thursday, all set for the Easter weekend. Sorry Anastasia. The damage is done to QLD tourism for these holidays - again.

If they had called it on friday when indeed they had many of the facts they have today we may well not be in this mess.
They have blatantly let it get a head start on them whilst once again screwing tourism,wonder if she is still keeping queenslanders safe!

DirectAnywhere 29th Mar 2021 01:20

I suspect that come Thursday Anastasia will get a tough lesson in leadership.

It’s easy to ‘slam the borders closed’ and say that ‘Queensland hospitals are for Queenslanders’ when all you’re doing is keeping those nasty Southerners out. It’s going to be a lot harder to tell people that Easter won’t be happening and to look your tourism operators in the eye when it’s your own government’s failure.

It’s also fascinating to note the change of language. When things are going well it’s always first person singular, ‘I’m very comfortable.’ When things are going badly, third person singular, ‘ooohhh....it’s a tricky virus.’ In short, I’ve done a great job vs. it’s not my fault.

jrfsp 29th Mar 2021 01:25

If there is any community transmission in Byron, then that will be another state and another prime easter holiday spot that will cop it

minigundiplomat 29th Mar 2021 01:32

Queen P thinks Queensland ends at Tin Can Bay anyway - more flights SYD-CNS, MEL-CNS, ADL-CNS for Easter and the small part of the state she gives a sh1t about can cop it.

jrfsp 29th Mar 2021 02:36


Originally Posted by minigundiplomat (Post 11018300)
Queen P thinks Queensland ends at Tin Can Bay anyway - more flights SYD-CNS, MEL-CNS, ADL-CNS for Easter and the small part of the state she gives a sh1t about can cop it.

Maybe SYD-CNS, but no-one from other states will have confidence to cross the border...just now SA has closed to the whole of QLD, more will follow suit

PoppaJo 29th Mar 2021 02:45

Cairns needs to be kept in its own bubble as such. Isolate it from the rest of the state. The tourism from Sydney and Melbourne is huge for the next 3 weeks. Keep the confidence going in this region.

I don’t think 3 days will be 3 days.

Foxxster 29th Mar 2021 02:55


Originally Posted by DanV2 (Post 11018270)
Just 'Greater Brisbane' in lockdown. Not the whole of Qld.

Most other states (bar) NSW have some form of border restrictions on 'Greater brisbane' already, expect some of those states to step that up to 'mandatory hotel quarantine' at own expense shorty.

Edit: Also masks mandatory at public indoor venues across the whole of Qld.

Except this ‘lockdown’ like the previous one is just bloody stupid. It doesn’t come into effect until 5 this afternoon. So what do you think people are doing from the time in was announced until 5... yep leaving Brisbane for the Gold Coast, the Sunshine Coast, for NSW. Potentially spreading it far and wide.

jrfsp 29th Mar 2021 03:04

This is where the airlines need to have flexibility in their bookings, QF for example, free date changes only, if there was free change to destination, people from SYD / MEL might change their holiday to Byron, Darwin, somewhere other than QLD. With a free date change, people will just put it off for a 6 months or cancel and stay at home or do a road trip instead.

SOPS 29th Mar 2021 04:29

WA has just closed the border to QLD. No 14 day Q. Unless exempt ( and it’s a very short list), people from QLD can no longer enter WA.

Foxxster 29th Mar 2021 04:42


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11018338)
WA has just closed the border to QLD. No 14 day Q. Unless exempt ( and it’s a very short list), people from QLD can no longer enter WA.

so presumably, or more correctly, obviously anyone from WA who was planning to visit Qld anytime soon will not be. But then I imagine that is the same for anyone.

minigundiplomat 29th Mar 2021 05:05

Its a real sh1t show in Cairns - masks on, masks off, masks on, masks off..... wheel of fortune seems to have stopped on masks on.




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.