PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

Foxxster 21st Mar 2021 08:42


Originally Posted by goodonyamate (Post 11013089)
So none of you wear masks in the airport? And if you get contacted by whoever and are instructed to isolate for some reason you just won’t do it?

my comment t about boomers was simpmy in reference to the behaviours I saw from then in my area when this all kicked off. After lockdown. They were the only ones not following the guidelines. I heard a few comment how great it was as the coffee shops were emptier. Let’s not forget those two that started the northern beaches outbreak.


strange because in places like the UK and I suspect here also, it is the twenty somethings that are the main offenders. I can’t see many boomers going to secret raves or having house parties with a hundred people, etc etc.,, but continue your anti boomer rant. And I don’t think it was boomers who were bonking the hotel guests in isolation they were meant to be guarding....

Chronic Snoozer 21st Mar 2021 08:46


Originally Posted by Foxxster (Post 11013093)
And I don’t think it was boomers who were bonking the hotel guests in isolation they were meant to be guarding....

Source? Link? Verified fact?

Icarus2001 21st Mar 2021 09:30

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coro...antine-rumour/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarat...h=a8e6e27131db

https://7news.com.au/sunrise/on-the-...ests-c-1138896

rattman 21st Mar 2021 10:25


Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer (Post 11013098)
Source? Link? Verified fact?

No i was lies perpetuated by the media. The initial outbreak last year in victoria was from a family of 4, husband, wife and 2 children, from which the concierge and the sercurity guard caught it. So unless the wife (or husband if that way inclined) was somehow sneaking out of the room unnoticed by the 3 other people in lockdown it complete rubbish

Just as the nurses in northern TAS having a party was complete rubbish

ozbiggles 21st Mar 2021 11:20

It puzzles me how people who won’t follow Public Health Orders in the middle of a pandemic can be considered fit and proper people to hold a pilots licence? I mean if you can’t follow simple orders in the middle of a global pandemic what other rules and regulations are beneath you? Speeding, drink driving, flying with medication you shouldn’t?

Zanthus, Gupter, JJ, care to contribute? asking for a friend

To Keep on topic how do we expect people to follow the rules to contribute to opening the borders when apparently there are pilots? Out there who won’t follow the same rules?

Chronic Snoozer 21st Mar 2021 13:22

Here's the link to the judicial inquiry report. I couldn't determine if any of the allegations reported above were actually proven. I would be reluctant to claim that security guards were 'bonking' guests on that basis.

Victorian Quarantine Inquiry

Chronic Snoozer 21st Mar 2021 13:32


Originally Posted by ozbiggles (Post 11013205)
It puzzles me how people who won’t follow Public Health Orders in the middle of a pandemic can be considered fit and proper people to hold a pilots licence? I mean if you can’t follow simple orders in the middle of a global pandemic what other rules and regulations are beneath you? Speeding, drink driving, flying with medication you shouldn’t?

Zanthus, Gupter, JJ, care to contribute? asking for a friend

To Keep on topic how do we expect people to follow the rules to contribute to opening the borders when apparently there are pilots? Out there who won’t follow the same rules?

Agreed. You don't have to like the rules, you just have to follow them.

DirectAnywhere 21st Mar 2021 20:04


Originally Posted by zanthrus (Post 11013058)
My tolerance for this stupidity reached zero some time ago.

I refuse to quarantine, social distance use a mask or use the tracking apps in ANY state.

Life goes on. Stuff the Govt’s and their Nazi gestapo police.

The reason ‘life goes on’ is because the vast bulk of people are at least trying to do the right thing. You should be grateful for those that are as you are relying on their compliance. It’s the same as anti vaxxers relying on herd immunity to keep their kids safe if you like - so that they can still go on with life. What arrogance.

Ladloy 21st Mar 2021 21:11

Today I learned that a bit of cloth over your face in the supermarket is considered the same as the government committing war crimes.

Roj approved 22nd Mar 2021 00:59

The spread of Covid19 is based on two factors:

1. How Dense the population is
2. How Dense the population is

or

The longer we don't comply with Social Distancing, the longer we are going to have to do it!

or, a little more light hearted,

Is Covid 19 serious?

The Churches and Casino's are closed, when Heaven and Hell agree, it's probably better to stay at home.

dr dre 22nd Mar 2021 01:48


Originally Posted by ozbiggles (Post 11013205)
It puzzles me how people who won’t follow Public Health Orders in the middle of a pandemic can be considered fit and proper people to hold a pilots licence? I mean if you can’t follow simple orders in the middle of a global pandemic what other rules and regulations are beneath you? Speeding, drink driving, flying with medication you shouldn’t?

Zanthus, Gupter, JJ, care to contribute? asking for a friend

To Keep on topic how do we expect people to follow the rules to contribute to opening the borders when apparently there are pilots? Out there who won’t follow the same rules?

I suspect a lot of these “I refuse to wear a mask“ posters are just keyboard warriors.

It is obvious if they are employed flying aeroplanes in Australian terminals they have to wear a mask, so those who say they are refusers are not employed as Australian airline pilots or are lying.

Foxxster 22nd Mar 2021 02:35


Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer (Post 11013288)
Here's the link to the judicial inquiry report. I couldn't determine if any of the allegations reported above were actually proven. I would be reluctant to claim that security guards were 'bonking' guests on that basis.

Victorian Quarantine Inquiry

I would be even more reluctant to rely on anything in that disgraceful sham of a report. Good old Sergeant Shultz defence. Seems to have fooled the Andrews army of idiots but no one else.

Can I turn to a different topic, Premier, although at the same time it is also returning to a topic we have already discussed, which is a decision about private security. You may be aware that the Board has heard from multiple witnesses about the fact that private security became and were the first line of enforcement. And that there's considerable disagreement amongst those various witnesses about when and by whom that decision was made. Are you familiar in general terms with the nature of the evidence that the Board has received?

A. Yes, Ms Ellyard, I am.
Q. And the evidence is to the effect that no one is claiming ownership of the
decision, even though no one seems to have spoken against it at the time and no one 5 who might have been the decision maker seems to suggest that if it had been them, it would have been a bad decision. There's just no one who says it was them. Are you
aware of that?
A. I am.
Q. Do you know who it was?
A. No, I don't. That's the nature of the decision I made. That's why I set up this
Board of Inquiry or recommended to the Governor to set up this Board of Inquiry, to 15 get exactly that answer and quite a few others, Ms Ellyard.

Chronic Snoozer 22nd Mar 2021 03:01


Originally Posted by Foxxster (Post 11013649)
I would be even more reluctant to rely on anything in that disgraceful sham of a report. Good old Sergeant Shultz defence. Seems to have fooled the Andrews army of idiots but no one else.

Can I turn to a different topic, Premier, although at the same time it is also returning to a topic we have already discussed, which is a decision about private security. You may be aware that the Board has heard from multiple witnesses about the fact that private security became and were the first line of enforcement. And that there's considerable disagreement amongst those various witnesses about when and by whom that decision was made. Are you familiar in general terms with the nature of the evidence that the Board has received?

A. Yes, Ms Ellyard, I am.
Q. And the evidence is to the effect that no one is claiming ownership of the
decision, even though no one seems to have spoken against it at the time and no one 5 who might have been the decision maker seems to suggest that if it had been them, it would have been a bad decision. There's just no one who says it was them. Are you
aware of that?
A. I am.
Q. Do you know who it was?
A. No, I don't. That's the nature of the decision I made. That's why I set up this
Board of Inquiry or recommended to the Governor to set up this Board of Inquiry, to 15 get exactly that answer and quite a few others, Ms Ellyard.

I don't see what that has to do with your claim nor the media reports of guards 'bonking' guests. In the absence of evidence, it may be said that the claim is questionable at best and can safely be ignored. Unfortunately, many of the discussions here and on the web pivot around disputed events such as this and only serve to elevate the emotion and demote the facts to merely a footnote.

Foxxster 22nd Mar 2021 03:06


Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer (Post 11013657)
I don't see what that has to do with your claim nor the media reports of guards 'bonking' guests. In the absence of evidence, it may be said that the claim is questionable at best and can safely be ignored. Unfortunately, many of the discussions here and on the web pivot around disputed events such as this and only serve to elevate the emotion and demote the facts to merely a footnote.

well you were supplied with links. Perhaps the person claiming it is the boomers who are the main group not complying with covid regulations and restrictions should supply evidence . After all that was what I was responding to with the bonking comment, it has also been noticed that the other part of my post was conveniently ignored.


and it has everything to do with it as the report was a sham. It was provided as evidence to refute ... so

nomorecatering 22nd Mar 2021 03:54

Unless you wear masks properly and change them at a maximum of every 2 hrs - whilst having sterilised hands etc, masks do nothing but collect bacteria and other nasties.
Consider the average face mask, sits in the car for a week, spends another week in jeans pocket, gets put on face, gets taken off face by contaminated hand, goes back in pocket, repeat this 50 times. Add the time the mask sits on the floor, licked by the dog etc etc.

A friend of mine who is a microbiologist had one of these masks tested in a lab. To put it bluntly, it was like licking a public bathroom floor.

ozbiggles 22nd Mar 2021 04:00

No more, in a way you have the answer to the problem in your own statement regarding Masks.

blubak 22nd Mar 2021 07:30


Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere (Post 11013503)
The reason ‘life goes on’ is because the vast bulk of people are at least trying to do the right thing. You should be grateful for those that are as you are relying on their compliance. It’s the same as anti vaxxers relying on herd immunity to keep their kids safe if you like - so that they can still go on with life. What arrogance.

Yes,the vast majority do the right thing & that is why we are enjoying life in a somewhat normal scenario whilst on the other hand people in some european countries think they know better & just do what suits them hence the massive number of new cases & deaths every day.
Many will complain about closed borders etc but i know right now where i would rather be.

SHVC 22nd Mar 2021 09:34

So, Meningococcal case that resulted in a death in SA. Let’s see if the lockdowns and border closure happens. The contact the tracing has begun.


Guptar 24th Mar 2021 08:42

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....48c3f07edf.jpg
I am worried the COVID Vaccine will be bad for me elff.
Says it all hey!

Bend alot 25th Mar 2021 20:17


Originally Posted by nomorecatering (Post 11013667)
Unless you wear masks properly and change them at a maximum of every 2 hrs - whilst having sterilised hands etc, masks do nothing but collect bacteria and other nasties.
Consider the average face mask, sits in the car for a week, spends another week in jeans pocket, gets put on face, gets taken off face by contaminated hand, goes back in pocket, repeat this 50 times. Add the time the mask sits on the floor, licked by the dog etc etc.

A friend of mine who is a microbiologist had one of these masks tested in a lab. To put it bluntly, it was like licking a public bathroom floor.


Never seen a mask used/stored like that.

But is similar to how a headset is treated.

jrfsp 26th Mar 2021 07:22

Looks like all the other states are closely watching the situation in QLD, at least for now its all "hotspot" location based. The worry with this case the current unknown source.

DirectAnywhere 26th Mar 2021 09:20


Originally Posted by jrfsp (Post 11016560)
Looks like all the other states are closely watching the situation in QLD, at least for now its all "hotspot" location based. The worry with this case the current unknown source.

It’s now been genomically linked to the Princess Alexandra hospital cluster meaning there have been unknown positive/s in the community for about two weeks. 🤦‍♂️

goodonyamate 26th Mar 2021 09:45


Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere (Post 11016612)
It’s now been genomically linked to the Princess Alexandra hospital cluster meaning there have been unknown positive/s in the community for about two weeks. 🤦‍♂️

which we all knew, except the dumbasses who voted Anastasia back in for ‘keeping them safe’.


watching QLD from afar was truly astounding.

Keg 26th Mar 2021 10:09

Victoria now requiring all arrivals from Moreton Bay/ Brisbane since 12 March to get tested and isolate until negative result.

NSW have said only those who have visited hotspots are required to get tested and isolate.

DirectAnywhere 26th Mar 2021 10:27

I can’t understand the QLD CHO telling everyone today to get out there and enjoy the weekend. Even before the genomics were available, she knew that this case was a landscaper, not a quarantine or health worker. It was self evident he had to have caught it from someone else in the community. Today’s Friday. He became symptomatic on Monday, meaning he probably caught it as early as mid last week meaning she had unknown community transmission perhaps 10 days ago.

Given what we know now you would have to expect every state is going to want any arrival from Brisbane since the start of the Princess Alexandra cluster (two weeks plus ago) to isolate and be tested.

You would also have to expect at least WA, TAS and VIC to bring down the shutters in the next day or two. This latest outbreak (I know it’s only one case but there is at least one other out there who was clearly contagious) has got a two week head start on health authorities.

It’s another outbreak, just before the start of school holidays and peak travel period. Again. This has the potential to cause real harm for QLD tourism operators over Easter, and this time it’s without the Jobkeeper security blanket. Hopefully it’s contained.

Dannyboy39 26th Mar 2021 19:17

So St Jacinda has been rowing back on the Aus-NZ travel bubble in the near future... I mean, wtf is going on at the moment. There is as much sanity in the two countries as there is Covid - absolutely none.

Meanwhile this came across my desk this morning:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...Australia.html

Am I wrong to say, stop taking photo ops and get on with bloody jabbing people. The two countries have had a great pandemic, but seem to be crawling along in the vaccine programme. To say it isn't a race is just stupid.

SHVC 26th Mar 2021 20:14

Well, just like WA the election has been won. 1 month a go WA would have closed their border already within minutes of hearing QLD news. All those gullible voters thinking these premiers were keeping them "safe" haha its to funny.

blubak 26th Mar 2021 21:13


Originally Posted by goodonyamate (Post 11016638)
which we all knew, except the dumbasses who voted Anastasia back in for ‘keeping them safe’.


watching QLD from afar was truly astounding.

Does anyone know the testing figures for Qld last couple of weeks? As far as the health minister telling people to go & enjoy the weekend,well he is obviously as brain dead as their last idiot health minister,think miles was his name.
Queen P may well be about to have to eat her words about keeping queenslanders safe.

C441 26th Mar 2021 21:50


Originally Posted by blubak (Post 11017018)
...As far as the health minister telling people to go & enjoy the weekend,well he is obviously as brain dead as their last idiot health minister,think miles was his name…...

For the sake of accuracy when calling out people…..
It was the Chief Medical Officer and the Premier who extolled the population to enjoy the weekend….carefully. The Health minister was largely unheard and unsighted and last time I looked she was a she, not a he.

As for the hypocrisy of what was said now versus pre-election; I'm astounded we aren't in at least a 72 hour lockdown to keep us safe! :rolleyes:

Chris2303 26th Mar 2021 22:19


Originally Posted by Dannyboy39 (Post 11016973)
So St Jacinda has been rowing back on the Aus-NZ travel bubble in the near future... I mean, wtf is going on at the moment. There is as much sanity in the two countries as there is Covid - absolutely none.

Meanwhile this came across my desk this morning:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...Australia.html

Am I wrong to say, stop taking photo ops and get on with bloody jabbing people. The two countries have had a great pandemic, but seem to be crawling along in the vaccine programme. To say it isn't a race is just stupid.

It's because we want to retaliate against the 501 deportations by not allowing any Australians into Godzone at all

Keg 26th Mar 2021 23:12


Originally Posted by C441 (Post 11017033)

As for the hypocrisy of what was said now versus pre-election; I'm astounded we aren't in at least a 72 hour lockdown to keep us safe! :rolleyes:

Given the justification for the last snap lockdown was a UK strain in the community for a number of days, certainly this example seems to meet those same criteria.

WhisprSYD 27th Mar 2021 07:29


Originally Posted by Keg (Post 11017068)
Given the justification for the last snap lockdown was a UK strain in the community for a number of days, certainly this example seems to meet those same criteria.

this March UK strain is nowhere near as wicked as the February UK strain that hit Melbourne.. that one moved at an extreme velocity and was a ferociously naughty virus.

Buster Hyman 27th Mar 2021 07:53


Originally Posted by WhisprSYD (Post 11017183)
this March UK strain is nowhere near as wicked as the February UK strain that hit Melbourne.. that one moved at an extreme velocity and was a ferociously naughty virus.

Is that the latest 'Newspeak' from the Chairman? Nothing to do with Hotel Quarantine failures, just a "ferociously naughty virus"....wow. :rolleyes:

jrfsp 27th Mar 2021 08:02

Great : "A Brisbane man who tested positive to coronavirus held a party for 25 people at his home after being instructed to isolate while he waited his test results."
rty for 25 people at his home after being instructed to isolate while he waited his test results.

SOPS 27th Mar 2021 08:09


Originally Posted by jrfsp (Post 11017204)
Great : "A Brisbane man who tested positive to coronavirus held a party for 25 people at his home after being instructed to isolate while he waited his test results."
rty for 25 people at his
j to isolate while he waited his test results.

Just perfect!!! I can hear the borders closing now!

SOPS 27th Mar 2021 09:05

Watching the 5pm news in Perth. The Health Minister has just said.. if you go to QLD, you are taking a big risk. The implication was.. the border could shut at any minute.

SOPS 27th Mar 2021 10:05

Breaking news at 6pm. WA border now shut to QLD. Anyone arriving from 6pm, 14 days HQ at ( I think), own expense.

Icarus2001 27th Mar 2021 10:09

Settle down there big G.

HOME quarantine only until negative test result arrives.

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus

dr dre 27th Mar 2021 10:17


Originally Posted by Icarus2001 (Post 11017267)
Settle down there big G.

HOME quarantine only until negative test result arrives.

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus

Nup,

Changed several minutes ago

Now low risk - all arrivals from Qld must isolate for 14 days, whether you were in a hotspot or not

Can probably thank the dude who had the house party whilst waiting for a Covid test result for that one......

Icarus2001 27th Mar 2021 10:22

Not in the government website

Not hotel quarantine?

Do you have a link ?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.