PDA

View Full Version : Top of the World: photos from Nepal

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]

Old Farang
12th Feb 2019, 06:14
Enjoy the humidity and cold Bintang VF.
Hmm, not much humidity OR Bintang in Nepal.

gulliBell
12th Feb 2019, 09:07
He 'aint in Nepal. Trust me on that.

Capt Fathom
12th Feb 2019, 09:41
He 'aint in Nepal.
I believe that was Old Farang’s point as well ;)

etudiant
12th Feb 2019, 21:17
One of VF's last posts spoke of the real economic challenges of operating in Nepal. He hinted that he might be moving to a more 'normal' environment.
Wherever he and his family have moved to, all I can say is "Thank You!".

nigelh
12th Feb 2019, 21:39
Get a load of people together and set up a new site which he can post on and all stop posting on here . If the management don't want us we can move .....

gulliBell
12th Feb 2019, 22:17
...He hinted that he might be moving to a more 'normal' environment.

Rest assured he's enjoying his current abode, and some deserved time off. Perhaps nose buried in the books in anticipation of driving something a bit bigger and noisier.

etudiant
13th Feb 2019, 00:10
Rest assured he's enjoying his current abode, and some deserved time off. Perhaps nose buried in the books in anticipation of driving something a bit bigger and noisier.

Thank you for this update. I'm delighted to hear it.
VF really brightened our days with the glorious vistas he posted and the super down to earth images he balanced them with.
If he is gone, it is very much this site's loss.

gulliBell
13th Feb 2019, 03:59
I'm sure he felt the love from all, minus one.

Rotorbee
13th Feb 2019, 05:49
Dear gulliBell
Would you mind to ask VF, if you could reveal the big secret you are hiding from us? One more hint and I track you down and ... and ... and I paint your fingernails pink ... with blue bunnies.
What is so secret about VF's new job? Avengers? Columbian import-export?
Or is he one of the Avengers now?

Capt Fathom
13th Feb 2019, 05:59
VF has been lurking around here occasionally, but has chosen to 'stay Mum' on the matter! :oh:

RotorBabe
13th Feb 2019, 09:00
Namaste vertical freedom supporters Mr steven just contacted me, he can see everything on this forum and he can also log in. but he just cannot post here and cannot receive pm messages from this site or send them. What is the problem with Stevens posts? he has so many happy followers and good feedbacks, yet someone there doesn't like the following he receives and continues to block him? He asked me to say that he is on a extended holiday enjoy a tropical island life before returning to flying dutys
Om mane padme hung

Carbon Bootprint
13th Feb 2019, 23:31
Thanks for the update, RB. I like everyone here miss his posts and find this forum and indeed all of PPRuNe a bit poorer for it. Take care and good luck, VF!

2302rs
1st Mar 2019, 05:20
Thanks for the update, RB. I like everyone here miss his posts and find this forum and indeed all of PPRuNe a bit poorer for it. Take care and good luck, VF!

same here, he fposted great photos!

gulliBell
2nd Mar 2019, 04:36
Rest assured to all here that VF is well fed and watered and is giddy with oxygen saturation and salt air in his present abode. As much as he would like to continue to contribute to the most popular topic in the Rotorheads forum (i.e. his own) regrettably he is blocked from doing so, but I'm sure he's thinking of you all.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/414x274/screen_shot_2019_03_02_at_13_28_54_bb20cc49a6c119d2ac876e855 e010e16399b3ca1.png

oleary
2nd Mar 2019, 05:14
******* idiots. ��

Evey_Hammond
2nd Mar 2019, 08:46
I’m missing VF like crazy! He was a “Facebook friend” of mine and I loved following his adventures, family & so on, but he’s disappeared for some reason :{

Please, VF, come back or tell us where we can find you & your stunning photos. I’m fascinated with Nepal and I miss your posts so much there’s a gaping hole.

Namaste to you & yours VF :)

Fareastdriver
2nd Mar 2019, 09:31
It's a computer glitch, either accidental or deliberate.

VF shows only one post against his nom de plume. The system is such that you cannot post pictures or use the PM facility until you have a certain number of posts.

Somebody in PPRuNe needs to reset his post count to what it is supposed to be..

Capt Fathom
2nd Mar 2019, 09:32
Rest assured to all here that VF is well fed and watered and is giddy with oxygen saturation and salt air in his present abode.

I don’t think anyone here is the least bit concerned re VF’s well being! But thanks for the reassurance!

RotorBabe
17th Mar 2019, 03:35
Senior Pilot (moderator) has no input to his forum post count status etc...as I understand it the difficulties are at a higher level (Admin). To get any of his photos posted here VF must PM them to moderator who will then put them up. Or if VF posts a link to a photo it automatically gets bumped to a queue for moderator scrutiny before it will appear to everybody else. Which to my way of thinking is poor spirit considering his contributions here over many years and thus he might be inclined to venture to other places to enjoy other pursuits. No-one would blame him for that. Enjoy the humidity and cold Bintang VF.

(At present VF can't post, or send/receive PM's)

Namaste Capt Bell and friends of Capt Vertical
I met Stephan last night and he would like me to pass on his appreciation to well wishers and supporters. His posts do not join a queue for approving, he cannot sendor receive the private messeges, he is blocked from any postings. Is there something we can do as a group to help get him put back on line so he can post great pictures again? thank you
OM MANE PADME HUNG

gulliBell
17th Mar 2019, 13:05
I'm advocating to get him on a 412 as a consolation prize for his PPRuNe difficulties. Keep trucking away VF and the twin time will come soon, let's hope. At least you have the flight manual for now, study hard.

dash34
19th Mar 2019, 06:53
I suggest we all just keep bumping this thread up to the top of the heap, so that anyone who looks at Rotorheads gets it at the top.

https://imgur.com/a/Y38aa3E

Freedom for VF!

T18
19th Mar 2019, 10:38
Good plan,
missing the photos and the vf’s wit, oh and the occasional scantily clad individual, not to mention the delightful dishes that some people seem to object to!

Why not just give VF his own dedicated platform?

T18

cavuman1
19th Mar 2019, 15:53
I shall be your friend for the rest of your days.
When you are gone I shall walk the planks of your grave.
Good on you -
And those you love!

I gladly offer this "Orstrayan" toast to Vertical Freedom, who, like Admiral Tony Draper, became a fine friend connected only by electrons. Steve's knowledge of rotary-winged aircraft, his discerning palate, his breath-taking photography, and his love of his family shone through in every post he made. I have a number of non-aviator friends who, at my recommendation, visited this site with frequency just to see what VF had been up to. Some have asked me if he's had an accident or been kidnapped by an enemy of Nepal. They do not visit this site anymore.

I join gladly any reasonable effort we may make to get this fine fellow back on PPRuNE. After all, he flies "frantic palm trees", has a beautiful bride, an immense photographic talent, an unparalleled sense of humor, and I owe him a beer....

GOOD ONYA, VF!

- Ed :ok:

RotorBabe
20th Mar 2019, 09:02
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1450x816/save_vertical_freedom_2d7f66962694254bf7f90920eacf439ce5f0c1 ca.png
3 million visitors cant be wrong. Please Mr moderator let vertical freedom post. Thank you

OM MANE PADME HUNG

evil7
20th Mar 2019, 10:51
I second that!!!

megle2
20th Mar 2019, 11:38
VF was the only PPrune poster that my wife followed. Likewise I admired his photography and enjoyed his comments. Can we hit reset and get him back?

Rotor Work
20th Mar 2019, 21:59
+1 this was my go to page each & every morning
Hope all is well VF
RW

Michael Gee
21st Mar 2019, 08:25
From what I understand VF is not zooming around the peaks of Napal in rarified atmosphere at the moment so what pictures might we expect from him ?

etudiant
21st Mar 2019, 12:27
From what I understand VF is not zooming around the peaks of Napal in rarified atmosphere at the moment so what pictures might we expect from him ?

Pristine Australian beaches and sparkling barrier island sands, judging by some of his final comments. Hope he is having a good time, he deserves it.

gulliBell
22nd Mar 2019, 11:12

Jungle green.

Capt Fathom
22nd Mar 2019, 11:57
Jungle green.
I’ve got a secret.....:=

GirlsWithWings
22nd Mar 2019, 19:55
Wowzers!!!! Take me to Nepal!!!

evil7
22nd Mar 2019, 20:05
Just to keep it on the top.

WE WANT HIM BACK!!!

claudia
22nd Mar 2019, 20:44
Yes. WE WANT HIM BACK.

Old Dogs
23rd Mar 2019, 01:39
I'm in, ....

Self loading bear
23rd Mar 2019, 08:27
We stand all aligned just like VF’s skids!
Bring him back

dash34
24th Mar 2019, 06:12
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1450x816/save_vertical_freedom_2d7f66962694254bf7f90920eacf439ce5f0c1 ca.png
3 million visitors cant be wrong. Please Mr moderator let vertical freedom post. Thank you

OM MANE PADME HUNG

+1000000000 (to make the 10 character minimum)

Bell_ringer
24th Mar 2019, 07:48
Hasn't Steve got a Facebook page? Probably less of a hassle than dealing with fiefdoms.

Senior Pilot
24th Mar 2019, 08:16
According to one of the PPRuNe Administrators, VF is free to post on any thread on the web-site;

Here is part of an email I received from them;

"He can post, he can post on the thread you are discussing, he can post on Rotorheads as much as he likes."

Well, I hope he keeps the thread going - one of the best out there !

This remains the case; VF can post and knows that I would approve his post or posts should he make one; protestations from other Rotorheads to the contrary are misinformed and inaccurate. Indeed, only one of you has taken the opportunity to contact me and ask rather than join in the ill informed range of posts made here.

However, he has not logged in since 01:20 on 10th February and is not in Nepal (I believe) which makes this thread redundant given that six weeks have now passed since his last visit to PPRuNe.

When he logs in and posts again, I am sure we would all be interested in his current flying status wherever he may be :ok:

Vertical Freedom
24th Mar 2019, 12:08
Hey Folks....tried to post pictures too many times, but nothing works!

All Your support is (still) very much appreciated

All the Best

VF

Old Dogs
26th Mar 2019, 05:08
Somebody is not telling truth.

Evil Twin
26th Mar 2019, 09:06
????????????

Old Dogs
26th Mar 2019, 09:19
????????????
See VF's last post. 🤔

Evil Twin
26th Mar 2019, 09:43
I stopped following his thread long ago

Old Dogs
26th Mar 2019, 10:09
I stopped following his thread long ago
Then why are you asking?

212man
26th Mar 2019, 10:39
See VF's last post. 🤔

Big ThanksHey Folks....tried to post pictures too many times, but nothing works!

All Your support is (still) very much appreciated

All the Best

VF

So you're saying he hasn't been trying to post?

Senior Pilot
26th Mar 2019, 11:17
Please note my last post; VF had not logged in to PPRuNe for six weeks. As soon as he put up his last post I approved it and he is aware that I will add photos for him when submitted.

Vertical Freedom
10th May 2019, 05:41
Life goes on..............:cool:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1024x768/p1000991_a9af8d7b48a12455b6b087e90ec79f06cf29be07.jpg

krypton_john
10th May 2019, 08:59
He's baa-ack! :D

SRFred
10th May 2019, 10:16
Party time. :ok:

Karearea
10th May 2019, 10:43
Glad to see your post and that magnificent landscape.

albatross
10th May 2019, 13:47
Welcome back. Good to see that great photo.

T18
10th May 2019, 18:24
Good to see you back VF

Food, bikes etal, bring on the photo’s.

I hope you and the Missus are well, this site has been stale without you.

T18

Thracian
10th May 2019, 19:57
VF, glad to see your pictures coming again.

RotorBabe
14th May 2019, 01:36
Good morning, having just spoken to mr vertical he is not back at all, his last post was put up for scrutany back in march but only posted now. Posts are already being deleted and steve is still blocked. There is a ton of discrimination and racism going on here by management for him having posted pictures of foods and family. Sad site this is, shame on the mods, please respect everyones rights to be here and contribute

Om mani padme hung

Senior Pilot
14th May 2019, 01:45
Good morning, having just spoken to mr vertical he is not back at all, his last post was put up for scrutany back in march but only posted now. Posts are already being deleted and steve is still blocked. There is a ton of discrimination and racism going on here by management for him having posted pictures of foods and family. Sad site this is, shame on the mods, please respect everyones rights to be here and contribute

Om mani padme hung

Absolute rubbish. The last post was approved (by me) within an hour of being put into the moderating queue, certainly not two months: that is nonsense and quite offensive.

And to somehow link this to race (he's an Aussie, for goodness sake!) is an accusation that will not get any support here. Any more posts such as this and the thread will get closed, regardless.

Rotorbee
14th May 2019, 08:14
I am with Senior Pilot here. RotorBabe, you do not help VF's case. Talking about discrimination is going too far.
I do not know, what the problem is between PPrune and VF. I only know, that I miss this thread. I would wish, that VF and Senior Pilot/PPrune staff would get that sorted out in a pub over enough beer to make them forget what the problem was. I would even pay the tab.
I would really appreciate it, if that thread continues as before and if the problem is really that there are too many pictures that are not related to helicopters, it is still a rotorhead that takes the pictures and I think, I got a much better view of the daily life on top of the world, than from any high gloss magazine. I do not mind not to have a rotorblade in every picture.
And for all those who want to make the "freedom of speech" claim: you can say what you want, but you can not force anybody to publish your stuff. That's freedom of the press BTW. Therefore PPrune has no obligation whatsoever to approve everything we say.

evil7
14th May 2019, 09:55
100% agreed!!

aa777888
14th May 2019, 10:43
FWIW, I had thought that VF got put on moderation after a significant disagreement between him and the mod's about some graphic helicopter crash images that appeared in photos he posted of a training class he held. I can only guess that VF has taken being put on moderation as a mortal insult and refused to continue to participate in the forum on that basis.

Bellrider
17th May 2019, 09:33
Is it possible that all these troubles in this thread comes from the gouvernement of the Country where VF is based at the moment?
Internet censorship is a quite common thing in china etc........

RotorBabe
25th May 2019, 07:28
Namaste Chuchu and Aji a update from Steve, he has sent a number of emails for approval by the management for posting to this thread, with no family, no food or doggy pictures as we can post these type photos, that is what he blocked for. There is not any reply for his emails and he is still blocked, all for having bought many millions of people to this site.

Hi bellringer, that is not the case, its all coming from the management here

Can we not just move on, forgive and forget and let Mr VF post. Everybody on here wants this same. So please let him post again. May the Buddha bless you all at pprune.

Om mane padme hum

Senior Pilot
25th May 2019, 08:40
Namaste Chuchu and Aji a update from Steve, he has sent a number of emails for approval by the management for posting to this thread, with no family, no food or doggy pictures as we can post these type photos, that is what he blocked for. There is not any reply for his emails and he is still blocked, all for having bought many millions of people to this site.

Hi bellringer, that is not the case, its all coming from the management here

Can we not just move on, forgive and forget and let Mr VF post. Everybody on here wants this same. So please let him post again. May the Buddha bless you all at pprune.

Om mane padme hum

I have already replied to your previous post; nothing has changed. VF hasn’t even logged on for two weeks let alone submitted a post to PPRuNe, so your assertions remain inaccurate at best. He is not banned and all but one post submitted by him this year have been approved by me; our records show this quite emphatically.

You are stretching my patience, and not helping those of us waiting for any posts from VF.

Vertical Freedom
4th Jun 2019, 04:45
~20,000' resting the skids :D

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1024x768/p1090373_c56b3beee208d3db44879d0141c5697eb437d61b.jpg

Vertical Freedom
4th Jun 2019, 04:47
Sorry folks.....trying to post pictures, but it still appears as I am blocked from that?

SRFred
4th Jun 2019, 04:54
Ah so, helicopter in whiteout. Spot the helicopter challenge VF?

Smalahove
4th Jun 2019, 06:40
Sorry folks.....trying to post pictures, but it still appears as I am blocked from that?

You need ten posts to gain the right to post photos. You have nine. I know they screwed with your post count, but honestly, man, why not just reply to this by telling me to f*** o** and you'll then have accumulated the number of posts required. After that, you can post what you want, subject to the moderators' censorship.

All you need to do to overcome their ban is post a reply.

At least remove the post count obstacle. Then we can evaluate if there are other forces at play.

Smalahove
4th Jun 2019, 06:46
A bunch of people have died trying to climb mountains in the Himalayas this year. We all know you have been involved in high flying there. Do you have an opinion to share with us?

Old Dogs
4th Jun 2019, 07:07
A bunch of people have died trying to climb mountains in the Himalayas this year. We all know you have been involved in high flying there. Do you have an opinion to share with us?

A bunch of people die trying to climb Mt Everest EVERY year.

Smalahove
4th Jun 2019, 07:11
True. Now who among us, other than VF, has a unique perspective on this phenomenon?

Old Dogs
4th Jun 2019, 07:20
True. Now who among us, other than VF, has a unique perspective on this phenomenon?

Climber fatalities on Everest have NOTHING to do with high altitude helicopter operations.

Smalahove
4th Jun 2019, 07:28
Oh really? Rescues from Himalayan peaks have nothing to do with high altitutude helicopter operations? I can think of a lot of questions. But enough.... arguing with you will not be pleasant nor productive.

Old Dogs
4th Jun 2019, 07:31
Oh really? Rescues from Himalayan peaks have nothing to do with high altitutude helicopter operations? I can think of a lot of questions. But enough.... arguing with you will not be pleasant nor productive.
As you wish.

nigelh
4th Jun 2019, 08:07
It is quite obvious that VF will have a much better insight into what is happening over there with climbers than we do .....!!! Or have you lived out there and lived amongst them for years too .....???

Old Dogs
4th Jun 2019, 08:13
It is quite obvious that VF will have a much better insight into what is happening over there with climbers than we do .....!!! Or have you lived out there and lived amongst them for years too .....???

The cause(s) of these deaths are well-known.

Hint: It has nothing to do with helicopters.

Bravo73
4th Jun 2019, 08:21

Nope. Your picture has appeared. (There might just be a delay between you hitting ‘reply’ and the image appearing on the forum).

SRFred
4th Jun 2019, 09:30
Nope. Your picture has appeared. (There might just be a delay between you hitting ‘reply’ and the image appearing on the forum).

Senior Pilot edited the post and added the image at 1737. Nice to see the mountain scenery again. :)

DOUBLE BOGEY
4th Jun 2019, 10:38
Oooooh! its getting exciting on VFs thread! Handbags at dawn for Smalahove and Old Dog!
What about all the OOOOmmms and Namastes???
This was always such a nice thread and a welcome change from the back stabbing and bitching on many other threads.

Senior Pilot, we all appreciate the great work you do but the strange quarantine of VFs posts, prior approval and all that. It just seems so heavy handed. All we wanted was pictures of helicopters, Sherpas, the odd pretty girl and even some well cooked vegetables! What happened to common sense. I guess VF posted a picture of a "Stiffy" which did not go down well but I am sure he is sorry and wont do it again. **** dies though and we have to move on. Can we have normal service resumed soon please?

Smalahove and Old Dog, please don't fight on VFs pleasant thread!

Vertical Freedom
4th Jun 2019, 13:09
G'day Smalahove......alrighty then Flaming Ostriches then :mad:
-
Hey SRF......if it only 'twas so easy, Mate I gotta have my clix first vetted for Family, Muttly & Food shots which I was barred for posting in the first place :(
-
Hoy there nigelh.......only 9 Blessed Souls karked on Sagarmatha this season, one of the smallest death counts in decades
-
G'day Old Dogs....You are correct; there are no "Helicopters-Whose-name-Must-Not-Be-Named" landing in the Everest National Park, hence they are NOT responsible for any deaths..rather it's overcrowding, huge queues to get on the fixed ropes & a few dodgy Nepali operators not managing Punters properly/safely; along with Punters who have ZERO mountaineering skills upon arrival base camp, unfit & unhealthy add to the risk of dying up thar :rolleyes:

etudiant
4th Jun 2019, 19:15
I'd be interested to hear what VF has to say about the 10 plus deaths on Everest this season.
Is there any way to have a dust off style rescue for climbers that are obviously in trouble at near summit altitudes?
The image of the queue waiting to cross the ridge to the summit while people died is hard to unsee.

Old Dogs
4th Jun 2019, 22:37
I'd be interested to hear what VF has to say about the 10 plus deaths on Everest this season.
Is there any way to have a dust off style rescue for climbers that are obviously in trouble at near summit altitudes?
The image of the queue waiting to cross the ridge to the summit while people died is hard to unsee.
No chance.

Vertical Freedom
5th Jun 2019, 05:14
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1024x768/p1110852_fa823d53334071da2acfda91ff0e980b9b442ff8.jpg
Boot-Note: an Everest deaths update inbound................. :}

compressor stall
5th Jun 2019, 05:49

Google the video of how they got an AS350 to the summit. Hell they even pulled out the lights and some other bits to get down to light enough weight. No chance of getting airborne "at summit altitudes" with a climber on board.

VF - woo hoo. Good to see you back. Only reason I check this forum is for your pics, of helicopters, mountains AND culture. Check ur WhatsApp. :)

And what brings you to that side of सगरमाथा? Great view of the Norton Couloir 1984 Aussie route up that face, and how thin but deep the Hornbein couloir is.

Ant T
19th Dec 2019, 23:09
Six months since the last post here - this is just to bring it back to the front page for a bit for people who have not seen it before! (Hope that is allowed?)
Miss my daily fix of fantastic helicopter/scenery photos...

Vertical Freedom
21st Dec 2019, 03:10
Google the video of how they got an AS350 to the summit. Hell they even pulled out the lights and some other bits to get down to light enough weight. No chance of getting airborne "at summit altitudes" with a climber on board.

VF - woo hoo. Good to see you back. Only reason I check this forum is for your pics, of helicopters, mountains AND culture. Check ur WhatsApp. :)

And what brings you to that side of सगरमाथा? Great view of the Norton Couloir 1984 Aussie route up that face, and how thin but deep the Hornbein couloir is.

G'day CS... hoping Your compressor doesn't stall too often; it ain't fun! Sorry Mate I can't post culture, girls, dogs or food; it's a jail-able offense :ugh: As for the deaths up there on Everest, it's only gonna get worse with the government greed to allow more & more & more punters up there at anyone time without proper controls, checks or balances to ensure Guides, Porters & Climbers are suitably qualified & equipped. The click is from the Nepali side actually, the border is a bit wobbly :{ Yaaar that was the White Limbo climb, never to be repeated....too challenging :ok: Seems I can't post pix anyways :ouch:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/p1070409_1033fbac1d4c3a981a622c9e0c3f08fef1078cf3.jpg

https://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h338/rotors99/P1070409.jpg
Everest Camp 1 Rescue @19,500' (only) :8

Vertical Freedom
21st Dec 2019, 03:12
Six months since the last post here - this is just to bring it back to the front page for a bit for people who have not seen it before! (Hope that is allowed?)
Miss my daily fix of fantastic helicopter/scenery photos...

G'day Ant....sorry mate, been off on other ventures & still have restricted access here...so can't post any pix for you :*

All the Best

VF

SRFred
21st Dec 2019, 05:48
Another missing my daily hit of mountain pics. Currently chewing smoke and miss the (relatively) pure mountain air.

All the best for the festive season VF.

Vertical Freedom
22nd Dec 2019, 00:48

G'day CS...hoping Your compressor doesn't stall too often :uhoh: This is my second post replying to You, seems they didn't like it & wiped that post & picture :{ They also pulled out the seats, shaker weights from under the floor, X frame, flight steps, & told Dider that he can pull up to 190% on the FLI :eek: Yaaar the border is a bit wobbly like a drunken sailor so it may look like it's on the Chinese side but it's still within Nepal. yep that was the 'White Limbo' exped, damn hard core :ok: yet to be repeated :E

All the Best

Vertical Freedom
22nd Dec 2019, 01:46
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/p1030941_c2d6fd4d34186f87d815d3e2a1143c07adea9b13.jpg

22nd Dec 2019, 04:28
Is that a photo of an organic chocolate dessert with dairy free ice cream?

WanderingJack
22nd Dec 2019, 09:28
VF so great to see your photos again....keep up the good work. Thanks ;-)

GrayHorizonsHeli
22nd Dec 2019, 11:57
I see a dog up on the pinnacle with a beautiful local woman too.

I always love your pics. The scenery, the culture, the life. And your attitude towards life is admirable.

I always hate the moderating staff as a result of their actions against you, and ultimately against all of us who love this thread.

You get a high five, they get nothing.
Have a great holiday season where ever and what ever you are doing.

Karearea
22nd Dec 2019, 17:01
Compliments of the season to you, VF, best wishes for 2020.

dash34
24th Dec 2019, 00:31
So glad to see you back and posting pictures again! Looking forward to the best forum thread on the internet continuing... Best to you and family VF!

Robbo Jock
24th Dec 2019, 08:28
Hi VF, nice to see the pics beginning to flow again :D

Re 'Everest Camp 1 Rescue', what's that chap up to in the background? Looks like you've blown his brolly inside out.

etudiant
24th Dec 2019, 23:59
Welcome back, VF.
Have a super Merry Xmas and wishing you a healthy and happy New Year!!

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 02:37
Another missing my daily hit of mountain pics. Currently chewing smoke and miss the (relatively) pure mountain air.

All the best for the festive season VF.

G'day SRFred.....wish You & Family peaceful & happy Festivities! Chewing smoke :eek: You must be in Kathmandu, the pollution here is so thick You could cut it with a Tofu knife :yuk:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_0261_eca43dcd7c532b88260029e2cb60ab42de0855a3.jpg

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 03:12
Is that a photo of an organic chocolate dessert with dairy free ice cream?

G'day......601 I hope so, plenty of it :ok:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_0240_8e7f21ef1cf560f252234bab77b53885bfa92817.jpg
Crikey Mate are they edible :8

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 03:17
I see a dog up on the pinnacle with a beautiful local woman too.

I always love your pics. The scenery, the culture, the life. And your attitude towards life is admirable.

I always hate the moderating staff as a result of their actions against you, and ultimately against all of us who love this thread.

You get a high five, they get nothing.
Have a great holiday season where ever and what ever you are doing.

Morning GHH, Mate we have the same eye lenses, I see that too :ooh: Thank You, thank You Sir can't do much about that I'm afraid, I've always been very excited about building up this thread, sharing my life experiences, but someone up there doesn't :*

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_0167_fee05488ddfd1f7b296905e0faf6c67605fa40d8.jpg
click from 17,000' :=

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 03:19
Compliments of the season to you, VF, best wishes for 2020.

Thank You Karearea, all the Best in Health & Happiness for the upcoming new year :)

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 05:07
So glad to see you back and posting pictures again! Looking forward to the best forum thread on the internet continuing... Best to you and family VF!

Thank you kindly dash34...all the very Best to You & Your Loved Ones :ok:

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 05:10
Hi VF, nice to see the pics beginning to flow again :D

Re 'Everest Camp 1 Rescue', what's that chap up to in the background? Looks like you've blown his brolly inside out.

G'day Robbo Jock..... naaar it's washing out to dry, (kidding) :\ wind sock it is :O

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_0562_23eaffd268106b35b0c572ecba02e9fae76ffe22.jpg
duck under :=

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 05:11
Welcome back, VF.
Have a super Merry Xmas and wishing you a healthy and happy New Year!!

Thanks ole Mate.....all the very Best to You & Your Dearest always, in all ways :ok:

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 05:15
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Mrs VF. ❤️❤️

I note your last two posts include pictures of fruit and scenery.

I hope you don't get banned again.

Hey Old Dogs.....Bless You & the Loved Ones for Your kindly words! All the very Best for Christmas & the New inbound Year! I hope the same as You Mate :D

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_0578_db7947f7bdf3993164b4dbf9f7a3fb1baa551bbd.jpg
That's a lovely shtrip :bored:

HeliHenri
27th Dec 2019, 06:36
Hello VF :)

You're flying 407 GXP now ?!

Vertical Freedom
27th Dec 2019, 12:34
Hello VF :)

You're flying 407 GXP now ?!

G'day Henri....naaaar I wish Mate, just a poverty pack basic ship :suspect: a few more herbs would be very desirable :8

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1280x720/1955d89f_503c_4564_8c2e_74872ebcfcb1_9888f08c9bb1e91c4989afa 96bd4eab03ed06af3.jpg
I guess someone forgot to be flying the tail in....who the F put that dang fence there :{

HeliHenri
27th Dec 2019, 12:49
G'day Henri....naaaar I wish Mate, just a poverty pack basic ship :suspect: a few more herbs would be very desirable :8

So maybe it's your lucky day !
Simrik Air is selling their (less than 2 years old) 407 GXP in VIP config ! :ok:

Vertical Freedom
30th Dec 2019, 02:44
So maybe it's your lucky day !
Simrik Air is selling their (less than 2 years old) 407 GXP in VIP config ! :ok:

Good morning Henri.....Love Bell products, hell yaaar :ok: do they work hot&high hell naaar :{
if it was for free I'd take 2 GXP's they are a great ship :8 (Simrik is selling theirs cause it didn't work up high & cargo space near zero)

All the Best for 2020 ;)

HappyHappy VF

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_0632_7ab0719cf481dbf4eefaef054316978c379d8f4a.jpg

Vertical Freedom
30th Dec 2019, 04:24
Eventually not sitting on the tail making an approach will bite You on the arz :{

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1280x602/096b482b_77ad_492a_9654_d8c76526b1fd_f5b26664b3b4a4fc18d583f 7b01091ba72512a91.jpg

I told You so :ugh:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1040x488/c6e15bde_dd62_4b30_9992_fdc2ba7e9d7e_e18d3ef3f57c347f8fa81c4 7dd2ed16915455f45.jpg

HeliHenri
30th Dec 2019, 07:40
Hello VF,
This is an ex Utair or the Russians are in the market now ?

Nubian
30th Dec 2019, 12:30
Hello VF,
This is an ex Utair or the Russians are in the market now ?

UTair India

HeliHenri
30th Dec 2019, 12:47
UTair India

Thanks Nubian :ok:
The registration wasn't big enough for me ! :ugh:

Vertical Freedom
30th Dec 2019, 13:14
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/b28a69a0_5730_431a_8215_178980976402_aa735973f8593b298aeeca1 f2a70596581151b90.jpg
Rebels taking shots at this LongBox on short final....bloody lucky Pilot :ooh:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/271e85bb_9c7a_4eb5_bccb_acde6c2fd499_1662d66e8c023b139f0ff8a 3b60909d40b7fa4d6.jpg

Liklik balus
30th Dec 2019, 19:34
All is well with the world! VF, your magnificent posts have returned providing great enjoyment to the many readers of this thread, long may it continue and a perfect way to start the new year. Please keep the photos coming. Always appreciated.
HYN.
Lb.https://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gifhttps://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gifhttps://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gif

Vertical Freedom
31st Dec 2019, 06:45
All is well with the world! VF, your magnificent posts have returned providing great enjoyment to the many readers of this thread, long may it continue and a perfect way to start the new year. Please keep the photos coming. Always appreciated.
HYN.
Lb.https://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gifhttps://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gifhttps://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gif
G'day Liklik.....thank You kindly, kind Sir & all the very Best to You too for the new one; 2020 is gonna Rock :ok:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_2202_7dacd9a942417cd1091bffddcc4824cf05e5e58c.jpg

Vertical Freedom
1st Jan 2020, 01:23
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_2181_408ce2a462451788e5c44b2a3e4d6771589e60d5.jpg
Twotter, Farcebook etc.....inbound to the masses :{

miroho
1st Jan 2020, 03:14
What Liklik said, cheers VF!

timprice
1st Jan 2020, 09:02
Love the pictures, keep them coming in 2020 and fly safe:ok:

Vertical Freedom
2nd Jan 2020, 07:07
Cheers & an awesome 2020 to You miroho :ok:

Vertical Freedom
2nd Jan 2020, 07:16
Love the pictures, keep them coming in 2020 and fly safe:ok:

Thanks Tim....all the very Best for 2020 :D

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_2543_ff697e36fac8357c51b68e115c4f3b4a61eab77a.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x2000/img_2995_1941e2aac19802284382cdaa73abdd886518ef67.jpg
Ornithopter Pilot.....here's to looking at You & laughing ;) DayVFR Ops only :ooh:

Vertical Freedom
2nd Jan 2020, 08:36
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/720x720/img_1143_de8664d26ff4131189257ed2857cf8e527cf39b5.jpg
Kindly helping Cessna's fly :D

T18
2nd Jan 2020, 11:34
Happy New Year VF, to you and your missus, great photo’s, makes it worth logging into pprune again, keep them coming.
I trust you are both well.
Great to see you back.
T18

Vertical Freedom
4th Jan 2020, 06:46
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_2533_13f432df02a4186752c980a3525d416747a76520.jpg
G'day Pilotmike...All the Best for 2020 :ok: (I removed my comment) :ugh:
Hey there T18.....thanks kindly Mate ;) trying to stay afloat & aloft :8

Cheers & do it into wind (when possible) except peess
VF

Vertical Freedom
4th Jan 2020, 13:32
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/30092009396_cacda3dc8d2b8a045b63b98ab0073f307cadc8ad.jpg

coochief
5th Jan 2020, 00:52
VF great to have this thread going again !! few ?'s What altitude was that B3 with the busted tail at ? and how will it get removed ? Also, curious how does the L model work at altitude ?? What levels are the L's good to ? Thanks for sharing all the great posts !!

Saint Jack
5th Jan 2020, 02:25
Post #5603, I'm rather surprised to hear that Simrik are selling their 407GXP because it "...didn't work up high & cargo space near zero." I know of this helicopter and despite it's stated "VIP config" it does not have a heater or air conditioning therefore the empty weight can't be that great! So why doesn't it work "up high"? As for cargo space - the baggage compartment is generally sufficient for a VIP helicopter - so what are Simrik carrying, or attempting to carry, in theirs? Remember, VIP helicopters should not be used as "cargo" carriers, particularly in the cabin. I suspect there's more to this "sale" than performance and cargo space

Vertical Freedom
5th Jan 2020, 07:29
VF great to have this thread going again !! few ?'s What altitude was that B3 with the busted tail at ? and how will it get removed ? Also, curious how does the L model work at altitude ?? What levels are the L's good to ? Thanks for sharing all the great posts !!

G'day coochief..........~8,000'. Good question? :confused: The L4; not sure but won't work at eXtremes like Nepal, it'll work OK to around 12,000' especially if she's equipped with the high alt. tail rotor..there is only one for that sort of work; the B3. Welcome Brother :)

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_1081_201_51eec6ee8552ef57166e6b4c87da0fba1e4a8bd9.jpg

Vertical Freedom
5th Jan 2020, 07:53
Post #5603, I'm rather surprised to hear that Simrik are selling their 407GXP because it "...didn't work up high & cargo space near zero." I know of this helicopter and despite it's stated "VIP config" it does not have a heater or air conditioning therefore the empty weight can't be that great! So why doesn't it work "up high"? As for cargo space - the baggage compartment is generally sufficient for a VIP helicopter - so what are Simrik carrying, or attempting to carry, in theirs? Remember, VIP helicopters should not be used as "cargo" carriers, particularly in the cabin. I suspect there's more to this "sale" than performance and cargo space

Hey there SJ......with the aux tank the 407 ain't got much loading space. It's all about PAX & their backpacks, Porter packs etc, so not real practical for the Himalayan trekking/mountaineering bussiness. There's diddly VIP exclusive work up there so sh's a PAX/cargo horse to be used as such :ooh: For further details please contact Capt SG :8

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_1472_201_f4434e51e1497edf1fdd104b4e3066fbc64c09c3.jpg

SRFred
5th Jan 2020, 19:39
Was the Warragamba Dam picture included because the air quality in eastern Australia makes Kathmandu look pristine?

Vertical Freedom
8th Jan 2020, 05:53
Was the Warragamba Dam picture included because the air quality in eastern Australia makes Kathmandu look pristine?

Morning SRFred...Naaaar it's 170 in KTM today, seen it as high as 244 :yuk: Sydney is 104 on the same day :hmm: All the very Best :ok:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_5138_201_c956dcf8d7fcccc87f6ee2c495802ba8745e9d0d.jpg
Tasty Vegan(s) :p
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_3039_27f6e8b8219d82d0260d6864a3a4a13fa0776731.jpg
HuH the H is moving :\
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/p1070193_f3a74d2720756a91c804e8c45ceafaef26fd5b35.jpg

Vertical Freedom
8th Jan 2020, 12:02
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_2103_63cd0e1c0d07c32036d76ca348d20f6a2e350910.jpg

SRFred
8th Jan 2020, 20:42
Morning SRFred...Naaaar it's 170 in KTM today, seen it as high as 244 :yuk: Sydney is 104 on the same day :hmm: All the very Best :ok:

Check Canberra out, 608 on the 6th according to the Health Department.

https://aqicn.org/city/australia/canberra/civic/

Almost see blue clouds today so the aircraft might be able to get at some of the fires in the Snowy Mts, well hills compared to Nepal.

Vertical Freedom
9th Jan 2020, 06:30
Check Canberra out, 608 on the 6th according to the Health Department.

https://aqicn.org/city/australia/canberra/civic/

Almost see blue clouds today so the aircraft might be able to get at some of the fires in the Snowy Mts, well hills compared to Nepal.
Nice...SRFred...608 is massively toxic, yet rare is a day in KTM that's below 150, 168 today :ouch:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/720x720/img_3875_201_75e5e9e6bbb22e58e4e26c9815c01efd8d1a605f.jpg

Vertical Freedom
9th Jan 2020, 06:36
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_6266_201_e36cc6c1ee4bdd58e54156f55035a3f540f476d6.jpg

Vertical Freedom
10th Jan 2020, 02:04
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_8506_201_8fee2e14ccc30665a2bb7354eb960359064ebec8.jpg

Vertical Freedom
10th Jan 2020, 03:01
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/333x333/5d2aafc2_1926_476e_942a_9c550fb8d6c5_904d7e5d9b43bf171bb28c8 cb5a4d058e9ca7d88.jpg

geo10
10th Jan 2020, 11:18
Nice to see you back VF, have a great new year!

Vertical Freedom
17th Jan 2020, 08:05
Nice to see you back VF, have a great new year!
Thanks a bundle geo10....have a great 2020, all the very Best :ok:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/p1080603_1e7823198e361a323848fca60e367a2c85e40d28.jpg

Vertical Freedom
17th Jan 2020, 08:07
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/p1090216_1_c659499fc9406f277563a72f5a6d19efb2fd4da3.jpg

Vertical Freedom
19th Jan 2020, 02:58
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1061x720/p1110848_3ff4c0dd27f4e4f61ab214d9c68fd3ba37db1acf.jpg
Circa 26K :eek:

Vertical Freedom
19th Jan 2020, 08:01
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_7535_b65fff305f3831a0ab7136222754b323e428e5a9.jpg

etudiant
19th Jan 2020, 18:18
I always marvel at these wonderful photos and then reflect on how totally unforgiving this environment is if the weather goes bad or the mechanicals have an off day.
Does one always have a plan B and a Plan C?

Vertical Freedom
20th Jan 2020, 03:13
I always marvel at these wonderful photos and then reflect on how totally unforgiving this environment is if the weather goes bad or the mechanicals have an off day.
Does one always have a plan B and a Plan C?
G'day Etudiant....thank You Sir. Unforgiving, that it is; any & all flying is, with a sprinkling of extra added masala when up in the mountains ;) As for an plan B/C/D, sometimes yes, but some extreme missions.....afraid not :ooh:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_5906_d2988509baec56801e19e0e7049ed01552a9f9e0.jpg

cpt
20th Jan 2020, 20:38
Thank you for sharing your so impressively beautiful pictures Vertical Freedom, I'm sure I'm not the only one that you make feel jealous!

Again, did you ever think to compile them and publish a book?

Vertical Freedom
21st Jan 2020, 03:41
Thank you for sharing your so impressively beautiful pictures Vertical Freedom, I'm sure I'm not the only one that you make feel jealous!

Again, did you ever think to compile them and publish a book?
G'day Cpt....thanks for Your kind words. & yes, just need a bitta help with that :)

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/cvfc5700_80cabf2de1d3087acce5eb71bd6eb5b7c1480a33.jpg

Vertical Freedom
21st Jan 2020, 03:46
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_0014_5e99a3f8c820b8eac349d50186d5b7a4e6cf421d.jpg

:yuk:

Decredenza
21st Jan 2020, 17:25
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_0014_5e99a3f8c820b8eac349d50186d5b7a4e6cf421d.jpg

:yuk:
Great to have you back on site VF!
The weather looks challenging - have you ever over nighted away from home because of it?

wrench1
21st Jan 2020, 22:41
yes, just need a bitta help with that
FWIW: on publishing a photo book there are several options you could pursue that are rather easy. Some options offer marketing links to sell them through Amazon or other book venues. I've done several books through my Flickr Pro account that ended with great results. Google "create photo book" for a list of providers from small to large like Shutterfly, Snapfish, Mixbook, Blurb, etc. With your volume of pics I would say a series of books would be excellent path to take....

Vertical Freedom
26th Jan 2020, 02:56
Great to have you back on site VF!
The weather looks challenging - have you ever over nighted away from home because of it?
Morning Decredenz...... certainly is! Night halted out due weather; more often than I can count he fingers on my 5 arms & toes on my 3 legs :bored:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_0043_8172d9fde3f8a04b64d825d86085d5eb6764f717.jpg

Vertical Freedom
26th Jan 2020, 03:27
FWIW: on publishing a photo book there are several options you could pursue that are rather easy. Some options offer marketing links to sell them through Amazon or other book venues. I've done several books through my Flickr Pro account that ended with great results. Google "create photo book" for a list of providers from small to large like Shutterfly, Snapfish, Mixbook, Blurb, etc. With your volume of pics I would say a series of books would be excellent path to take....

G'day Wrench1.....thanks kindly for that! Will explore into those suggestions, Cheers :ok:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/img_0013_abe8dd06d6c619d90319169257a95c029ea3fc88.jpg

Vertical Freedom
26th Jan 2020, 04:54
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1050x720/p1010025_ab5553ab6762d86a915e55e3095581fd9f735286.jpg

Vertical Freedom
27th Jan 2020, 22:20
Pick me, pick me ........I'm Your Bestest Buddy ;)

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/540x720/img_0107_c08ec3110cc8caf8462b6e8aca335a878e2e1942.jpg

Sniffing some clean air Man -O2 :eek:
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/p1010031_aa501ebdae26dbcc7a651d26815cd6b1f88c975d.jpg
Just before the Hillary step, on the South Col, Sagarmatha (AKA Everest) :}

Vertical Freedom
28th Jan 2020, 10:51
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/992x706/screen_20shot_202019_02_23_20at_2015_47_17_c84c0c7d31604b890 9d6b4ddc82260b836a90e00.png

Vertical Freedom
28th Jan 2020, 10:55
I can't feel me toes.....my head hurts.......lungs are burning & I paid a ton of money to be here :{
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x720/vue_20everest_20depuis_20fin_20eperon_20genevois_579be71a7ea 15d649daa5ee94e408736f22eec64.jpg
Looking at the Hilary steps................ :mad:

ungoliat
31st Jan 2020, 21:46
Hi.
Are you Climbing the monster?Greetings from Colombia

T18
3rd Apr 2020, 09:54
Hi VF, I hope you are well, are you undertaking any covid 19 flights in your area, or are you you sufficiently insulated from the general populace?

Like many others I am missing your input and lovely photos.

Keep safe
T18

Mike Flynn
10th Oct 2022, 19:55
Whatever happened to Vertical Freedom? Is he still flying?

Bksmithca
10th Oct 2022, 21:38
Whatever happened to Vertical Freedom? Is he still flying?
Last post was in 2020, truly miss his scenic tour of Nepal and Mount Everest

WanderingJack
10th Oct 2022, 22:14
Another who misses his scenic tour of places I'll never get to see, it's great we get to appreciate his world. Hope all is OK and he is still flying.

Mike Flynn
11th Oct 2022, 18:55
I certainly hope he is OK. His great pictures just stopped suggesting something dramatic happened?

Over eighteen months since we heard last from him.

Zombywoof
11th Oct 2022, 22:49
I certainly hope he is OK. His great pictures just stopped suggesting something dramatic happened?He ran afoul of the mods/admins over some of the content he was posting, and he decided to walk away rather than battle them. Thats how it went down. Not too dramatic.

albatross
11th Oct 2022, 23:01
He ran afoul of the mods/admins over some of the content he was posting, and he decided to walk away rather than battle them. Thats how it went down. Not too dramatic.
I found his posts and photos fantastic and looked forward to them.
All the best to Vertical Freedom wherever you are.

john_tullamarine
12th Oct 2022, 01:37
Last I heard, he was back in Oz but that was some time ago.

Bokyag
12th Oct 2022, 02:34
I think he posts as Rotors99 on the ozzy rotary forum website

unknown.mp3
12th Oct 2022, 02:47
I previously had him on FB, but now it seems has has gone offline on all platforms.

EMS R22
12th Oct 2022, 07:45
Last I heard he was working for Robinson as a sales rep…

Ascend Charlie
12th Oct 2022, 11:14
A pilot who can land a chopper above 20,000' in such conditions would be unlikely to slow down as he passed the Robinson saleyard. But with a name of EMS R22, I suspect he is having a larf.

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
12th Oct 2022, 11:15
Great shame, I guess we all looked forward to his photos. Spectacular.

NEO

HeliHenri
12th Oct 2022, 13:13
Last I heard he was working for Robinson as a sales rep…

:D:E:E

Mike Flynn
12th Oct 2022, 19:02
Covid a major impact on tourism especially in places like Nepal. I spend a lot of time in SE Asia and am only now returning to spend six months there.My research has tracked him down to Darwin but it may be out of date. His pictures were spectacular to say the least and certainly worthy of a book to illustrate that environment day to day. He is certainly missed on Pprune. In terms of his falling foul of the mods I find that hard to believe as these sites need content to survive.

Zombywoof
13th Oct 2022, 03:35
In terms of his falling foul of the mods I find that hard to believe as these sites need content to survive.You may find it hard to believe, but it is true. Everyone who was there at the time knows. I think the mods felt that he was pushing an agenda with posts that had nothing to do with helicopters or aviation. They gave him a hard time about it, and he said, "who needs this?" and walked.

Mike Flynn
13th Oct 2022, 17:34
You may find it hard to believe, but it is true. Everyone who was there at the time knows. I think the mods felt that he was pushing an agenda with posts that had nothing to do with helicopters or aviation. They gave him a hard time about it, and he said, "who needs this?" and walked.

I have seen popular discussion sites fold in the past through over moderation. To quote English author Evelyn Beatrice Hall from 1906 but often attributed to Voltaire.“I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Whatever you may think of Vertical Freedom he brought some great pictures to this otherwise mundane corner of Pprune.

Bravo73
13th Oct 2022, 22:31
“Mundane corner”?

Oi, we resemble that comment. 🤣

Mike Flynn
14th Oct 2022, 06:30
It was a tongue in cheek remark👍

EMS R22
14th Oct 2022, 07:40
I think it was the covid propaganda that did it!

Each to their own!!

LAME2
3rd Dec 2022, 08:15
I’m another that miss his posts. Always enjoyed his story.

compressor stall
3rd Dec 2022, 10:30
Yep, can confirm no longer on WhatsApp - even after he moved back to OZ.

He and his missus took great care of us and our three young kids when we went to Nepal trekking for 10 weeks.

For that I’m always grateful. Great pics on here too!

Seaking74
4th Dec 2022, 12:07
Damn, I miss VF, especially when I come across an Everest documentary. Hope he & his family are well.

Jazbag
3rd Jan 2023, 18:18
Thank you so much for your amazing pictures! I flew in Nepal Airlines from Mid 2018 to end 2020... every flight was wonderful and every day magical... yes there were a lot of issues with administration and salaries... still pending after a year ... but I look back at the experience and thank the stars I could finish my flying career in Nepal... love the pilots especially the first officers and cabin crew I flew with and am still in touch with them.. I might add a few of my own pictures later... still sorting out my life post retirement.

kingrat
19th Apr 2023, 12:14
You can find him at @FreedomVertical on twitter. Big into flat earth conspiracy these days apart from other interests.
Loved his photos but sometimes mods know what they are doing.

admikar
20th Apr 2023, 07:11
You can find him at @FreedomVertical on twitter. Big into flat earth conspiracy these days apart from other interests.
That's a shame, but I can't say that I'm too surprised.

SilsoeSid
20th Apr 2023, 13:08

Pity, I also enjoyed his pictures and stories.

I respect anyone’s and everyone’s opinion, but I’m surprised that amongst all the other conspiracies out there he supports, VF is also a moon landing conspiracist:
https://twitter.com/FreedomVertical/status/1648876557958791170?cxt=HHwWhIDSucmf_uEtAAAA

Torquetalk
20th Apr 2023, 21:13
He‘s got to be taking the Mick, surely? How do you go from Himalayan flying to flat earth?

SilsoeSid
20th Apr 2023, 21:29
He‘s got to be taking the Mick, surely? How do you go from Himalayan flying to flat earth?
Perhaps you can see the ice wall from up there :confused:

Torquetalk
20th Apr 2023, 21:45
Fine pilot. Missed here.

Where people go on their thought travels is a bigger mystery than a lot of so-called mysteries.

Mike Flynn
13th Aug 2023, 21:46
Vertical Freedom is much missed by me. A true Aussie pilot who used the aircraft as a tool not a status symbol.
I am grateful I got my licence in the southern hemisphere..

This site must have lost of traffic after he left.