PDA

View Full Version : MANCHESTER - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

LN-KGL
3rd Jul 2011, 14:08
Not that much irregularity with A333 C-GTSO / TSC264 today - started with a MERSI 1B arrival. MERSI was passed 1,100 feet above minimums at 7,100 feet. Above Bolton it was at 5,700 feet and the next plot halfway between Bury and Oldham it was on 4,350 feet. On the next plot the Air Transat A333 was around 400 feet below the 3,500 feet specified minimum between Hurst and Stalybridge 11 nautical mile out. The two last plots showed only minor deviations from glideslope (80 feet and 130 feet below). In other words not to low, just a bit low at parts and at least 1,800 feet clearance to ground around 11 nautical mile out.

Altitudes and coordinates for TSC264 was found on flightradar24.com using the playback mode and STAR/Instrument Approach Charts came from NATS AIS.

Betablockeruk
4th Jul 2011, 15:56
Drama at Manchester Airport as pink flamingo closes runway | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1425616_drama-at-manchester-airport-as-pink-flamingo-closes-runway)

Conspiracy theorists would claim that this was an effort to upstage MOL's big announcment :E Try again tomorrow Ringo!

allosaurus
4th Jul 2011, 18:26
Can anyone confirm that after demolishing the buildings at northwest end of t2 next to staff car park 3 , that the Airport is to build a dedicated Ryanair terminal with access to stands 216 plus.?

BHX5DME
4th Jul 2011, 19:12
http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/alldocs/6FF01AE02F0ED124802578C300504D8C/$File/June11.pdf

Cazza_fly
5th Jul 2011, 21:53
Ryanair to start flights from Manchester t2 toAlicante,faro,madrid, Palma, Tenerifre and Dublin

These flights are already on sale and have been operating all summer.

MKY661
5th Jul 2011, 23:03
still no news on new routes then...

peba
6th Jul 2011, 00:51
or the base....!

mikkie4
6th Jul 2011, 22:27
04.55 stan/man any ideas what this could be?

Jamie2k9
6th Jul 2011, 22:29
Air Berlin to drop MAN - Paderborn/Lippstadt from 28 Oct.

Ringwayman
6th Jul 2011, 22:45
flight number is U21904 which is TFS-MAN. May be needed go to STN to pick up a new crew due hours?

The96er
6th Jul 2011, 22:49
Air Berlin to drop MAN - Paderborn/Lippstadt from 28 Oct.

Is this anyway related to the recent AB codeshare agreement with London Airways ?

ZOOKER
6th Jul 2011, 23:16
LN-KGL,
I have just read your post No.2252, you really need to get a life.
As for 'aerotropolis', I want to park my car close to the terminal, check-in, get on a plane and go. If i want to go 'shopping', (and who needs to with the internet), there is always Dumplington Market, ("Always ahead"). :}
Most of the stuff sold at airports is usually overpriced sh*te.
Oh, and MERSI is spelt MIRSI.

pug
7th Jul 2011, 14:19
Anyone know anything of the incident on the apron at T1 last night which prevented us on the inboundTCX from Ibiza from getting our baggage for over an hour?

Skipness One Echo
7th Jul 2011, 14:42
Is this anyway related to the recent AB codeshare agreement with London Airways ?

No but it's a good conspiracy theory. Indeed the much heralded move to LGW is coming off the rails with LGW-HAJ being dropped as well. BA can feed long haul ex MAN but not so much short haul in this day and age!

JackRalston
7th Jul 2011, 14:50
Returned yesterday from a week in Kos with friends. Flew out on 29th with Tor Air OAI233. Check in was fine, only queued for 5 mins if that and then security control was no hassle at all, quite a few lanes open and people flowing through fine. Our flight was due to leave at 7:35am and we were called to Gate 300 (a/c parked stand 84) thinking we were about to board to then get told due to ATC strikes in Greece we would receive an update at 1045. So, we went upstairs and bought a pitcher and as we started going through that at about 930, we were suddenly told to head to the gate for boarding! So there was 4 of us trying to finish a pitcher at a fast rate as we had only just started and in the end we got to the gate for the first final boarding call. Flight left eventually about 1030 or so after there was a bit more of a delay on the ground.

Came back last night on OAI234 and arrived 10 minutes early of our planned 1730 even though I am certain we performed one holding pattern at DAYNE. Parked on stand 213 and headed through the e-passport gates with no queue. Baggage didn't come through till about 18:05 but then straight out and headed home.

Now time for a week long detox and refusing to look at alcohol the same again (at least for now). :rolleyes:

Tight Seat
7th Jul 2011, 15:25
Was that your ' what we did on holiday' school report?

Hamburg 2K8
7th Jul 2011, 17:29
So MOL landed at MAN on the Monday AM Dublin flight and stayed over Monday night. Nothing has been heard since, can anyone confirm?
Ref Bremen flights - are these meant to be one of the returning destination? We at Airbus UK (Chester) have to send any employees via AMS or FRA etc if we need to visit our Bremen site.

On another subject, will AB give a reason as to why they are stoping Paderborn? They have served MAN for a while now. I quite like AB, flew with them many times between 06-08 when I lived and worked in Hamburg. Speaking of Hamburg, a work collegue of mine visit our site there this week and said she travelled on a CRJ900, last time I went there with LH about 2 years ago it was a CRJ200. So LH have upgraded and EZY are daily (except Sat), a big increase for Hamburg since I started flying there in 06.

DomyDom
7th Jul 2011, 18:26
Hamburg2K8,

It has been reported elsewhere (on Plane Mad) that the FR base is still on but will be announced next month. The posting states that MOL was in town to finalise paperwork for this, presumably routes including BRE are as predicted.

DomyDom

Ringwayman
7th Jul 2011, 18:54
He might have also come here just to finalise the Bournemouth routes. Perhaps the Bournemouth bosses were here given they are part of the Manchester Airport Group?

blueplatinum
7th Jul 2011, 19:03
.... and headed through the e-passport gates with no queue ...."e-passport gates" ? Is this Iris or is it something new I don't know about?

JackRalston
7th Jul 2011, 19:59
@blueplatinum

I think they were called e-passport gates (or at least that's what the sign said) and yes they are the iris ones that use the chip from your passport and then you stare into the camera

BHX2FRA
7th Jul 2011, 20:47
I think they were called e-passport gates (or at least that's what the sign said) and yes they are the iris ones that use the chip from your passport and then you stare into the camera

I think e-passport and IRIS are different systems. The IRIS system reads your unique iris pattern and automatically lets you through border control. e-passport gates allow one border control officer to control 6/8 cameras and let the passport holder through the gates. The officer controlling these gates is usually at the desk nearest to them and has all the camera pictures displayed on his/her screen. The gates are closed when this desk is not manned.

There is a sign at BHX indicating that no new registrations for the IRIS system are being taken as the Home Office is reviewing its future.

42psi
7th Jul 2011, 20:56
Anyone know anything of the incident on the apron at T1 last night which prevented us on the inboundTCX from Ibiza from getting our baggage for over an hour?

There was an accident involving personal injury to a member of staff.

dwlpl
7th Jul 2011, 22:03
I think e-passport and IRIS are different systems

Thats correct.

pug
7th Jul 2011, 23:28
42psi, thanks for the update, I hope all concerned are ok!

ZOOKER
8th Jul 2011, 21:59
Holiday report!
Being in the same environment as folks who start 'going through pitchers' at 9.30am is one of the reasons my holidays rarely involve aviation.

blueplatinum
9th Jul 2011, 09:21
I think they were called e-passport gates (or at least that's what the sign said) and yes they are the iris ones that use the chip from your passport and then you stare into the cameraBizarrely IRIS does not use the chip or OCR features of the passport. It works solely on the iris scan. I would of thought it would be better to identify the passport and then confirm it with the iris scan.

MKY661
9th Jul 2011, 14:23
been watching planes come in but anyone know why there have been aborted landings. ZB533 from PMI was one of them and EI206 from DUB was another.

another one as well ETD021 from Abu Dhabi

ZOOKER
9th Jul 2011, 14:46
Only one runway open perhaps?

Mr.Bloggs
9th Jul 2011, 15:02
23R can be a bit tricky with low level windshear from a gusty wind off the North West. The wind coming off all those airport buildings can cause it to be rough below 300 feet. Go-around is always the safest course of action if one becomes unstabilized.

ZOOKER
9th Jul 2011, 15:26
ETD021 went round from about the outer-marker, or where the outer-marker would be if they still had one.

alpha.charlie
9th Jul 2011, 16:07
The landing traffic before ZB533 reported rubber debris on the runway which caused the go around and then temporary closure of the runway for runway inspection and clearing.

Indeed, south westerlies onto 23R can be tricky! :eek:

WATABENCH
9th Jul 2011, 21:12
Obviously my lot Bristol Rovers have their Ethiad A330 in the paint shop also :p

Manchester City unveil an aeroplane in the team’s colours | The Sun |News (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3685630/Manchester-City-unveil-an-aeroplane-in-the-teams-colours.html)

TSR2
9th Jul 2011, 21:19
Obviously my lot Bristol Rovers have their Ethiad A330 in the paint shop also

Bristol who :ok:

WATABENCH
9th Jul 2011, 21:33
Sorry did I say Ethiad A330, I of course ment Air Southwest Dash 8!!! :ok:

LEEDS APPROACH
10th Jul 2011, 01:11
Keep going Watabench! .....Auster?:p

Leeds have got an A380 to put the goldfish in!:ok:

lplsprog
11th Jul 2011, 07:26
Shouldn't that be an A330 Guppie!:)

Jack1985
12th Jul 2011, 06:04
IrishFinancialTimes (irelandfinance) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/irelandfinance) spotted this just now, looks like its going to be announced then.

Suzeman
12th Jul 2011, 07:44
MEN also reporting an FR press conference today so it must be true ;)

Suzeman

Jobs boost as Ryanair is set to reveal expansion plans | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/s/1426358_jobs-boost-as-ryanair-is-set-to-reveal-expansion-plans)

EXS258
12th Jul 2011, 08:33
Looks like they have an a/c (EI-EFG) positioning down from PIK at about 1030 as RYR1091 and going back out at 1230 to DUB as RYR1071.

Should be an interesting day in Manchester for sure!

FR-
12th Jul 2011, 08:35
And about time, will be a good day for MAN and FR.

fr-

Facelookbovvered
12th Jul 2011, 10:08
FR Agreed, less so for Jet2

Still will need somewhere to park all these unused aircraft this winter

Any chance of FR buying STN off BAA?

TSR2
12th Jul 2011, 10:16
FR Agreed, less so for Jet2

And Monarch.

Jack1985
12th Jul 2011, 10:26
My Source in MAN says 2 based a/c from Oct growing to 4 a/c from 2012, 26 new routes.

GavinC
12th Jul 2011, 10:59
Ryanair Holdings PLC: RYANAIR ANNOUNCES NEW BASE (NO 45) IN MANCHESTER | Company Announcements | Moneyam (http://moneyam.uk-wire.com/cgi-bin/articles/201107121100002219K.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

delta154
12th Jul 2011, 11:15
Most of the story below is irrelevant, but bit at bottom is of interest:

AirAsia X to switch from Stansted to Gatwick - www.travelweekly.co.uk (http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2011/07/12/37624/airasia+x+to+switch+from+stansted+to+gatwick.html)

AirAsia X is also believed to considering operating from Manchester airport.

delta154
12th Jul 2011, 11:19
Some more bits from the news:

Manchester one of cheapest airports in Europe to operate from:

Atlanta holds most efficient airport title - News & Advice, Travel - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/atlanta-holds-most-efficient-airport-title-2312268.html)

In Europe, the charges were lowest at Brussels, Riga (Latvia) and Manchester (UK)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Extra Cathay Pacific Cargo rotation:

The FINANCIAL - Cathay Pacific extends freighter network with launch of new service to Bengaluru (http://finchannel.com/news_flash/Travel_Biz_News/90616_Cathay_Pacific_extends_freighter_network_with_launch_o f_new_service_to_Bengaluru/)

The freighters continue onwards to either Manchester or Brussels, providing access to three European destinations from South India.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Suzeman
12th Jul 2011, 12:09
FR press release from their website here - looks the same as the previous link which obviously went to the financial institutions first.:rolleyes:

Ryanair Announces New Base (No 45) in Manchester (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-announces-new-base-no-45-in-manchester)

Nothing noted on the external links from Manchester Airport or on the MEN yet

Suzeman

Runcorn Bridge
12th Jul 2011, 13:40
Oh yes there is:

Jobs boost as Ryanair is set to reveal expansion plans at Manchester Airport | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/s/1426358_jobs-boost-as-ryanair-is-set-to-reveal-expansion-plans-at-manchester-airport)

delta154
12th Jul 2011, 16:18
Confidential talks to Michael O'Leary in his City shirt | News | Manchester Confidential (http://www.manchesterconfidential.co.uk/News/Confidential-talks-to-Michael-OLeary-in-his-City-shirt)

Confirms there will be 6 based aircraft in 2013, up to 40 routes at some point in the near future, expects only easyjet and ryanair to grow at MAN next year.

MKY661
12th Jul 2011, 16:45
expects only easyjet and ryanair to grow at MAN next year.

Definately disagree with that. Monarch will definately grow (because of new routes) and Jet2 may also.

JSCL
12th Jul 2011, 16:54
I think MOL is right in all fairness, Jet2 is a masquerading loco. They aren't, really and will likely retreat from MAN a little over this.

MUFC_fan
12th Jul 2011, 17:39
If there aren't 10 aircraft in MAN by S13 I'll be very surprised, 8 at a very minimum.

It's also interesting what he has to say about the charter carriers.

I personally see it as a good thing for the airport, the local area and certainly for Ryanair. It has been one of those subjects discussed both here and in the professional world for years and finally the two have met up.

Apart from MAD and arguably BCN, I see this as the best thing coming out of Dublin for some time.

pabely
12th Jul 2011, 18:02
Good Luck to MAG for the Ryanair base, I bet this puts more pressure on the Liverpool base which from what I saw last weekend, wasn't exactly busy....as far as 10 based, I doubt it, more expansion but from cheaper costs based european hubs.

AirLCY
12th Jul 2011, 18:05
MAN Airport have a habit of doing this, get in new airlines that will just push out existing airlines, I cant see Jet2 and Monarch scheduled doing anything but shrinking in the next few years now.

Shrimps
12th Jul 2011, 18:05
Confirms there will be 6 based aircraft in 2013, up to 40 routes at some point in the near future, expects only easyjet and ryanair to grow at MAN next year.

Perhaps; but he also has predicted various airline 'bloodbaths' over the past few years, none of which have occured so I would imagine it is yet more scaremongering.

pabely
12th Jul 2011, 19:00
MOL do such a thing......never :rolleyes:

MKY661
12th Jul 2011, 20:41
I cant see Jet2 and Monarch scheduled doing anything but shrinking in the next few years now.

I don't think they will shrink, just we may just see the flights expand less. Both have new routes planned for 2012 anyway.

Maybe Ryanair, Monarch, EasyJet Jet2 etc will all grow this year. You never know. And also Bmibaby's pullout may have an effect on all of the airlines' routes

JSCL
12th Jul 2011, 20:57
To be fair, trying to fill a737 will WW's MAN routes was always going to be a hard ask in my view. They are mere small aircraft routes, they'd do good with the likes of flybe maybe, but not trying to fill WW capacities.

AirLCY
12th Jul 2011, 21:37
Some of the WW routes such as PGF would probably work well on FR's larger a/c. I imagine 2012 will remain as planned by Jet2 and Mon, but with the overlap with FR I'm sure there will be reductions in 2013.

AircraftOperations
12th Jul 2011, 23:29
A Scottish friend told me he was in PIK this morning for a PR stunt, and then flew down to MAN on a company a/c with no paying pax.

Sound plausible?

jabird
12th Jul 2011, 23:42
AO - absolutely, I have seen him do it before @LPL - think he came from Poland. It might be more expensive than a private jet, but the key is to get the thing into any photo op going. MOL knows his costs & benefits and he has plenty of ac kicking around.

All names taken
13th Jul 2011, 10:59
Just a bit of fun to celebrate the new Ryanair Manchester base - from one Irishman to another ;)

Michael O'Leary goes into a well known Dublin pub, The Harp, and asks for a pint of Guinness.
"That will be one Euro, please," says the barman.
"That's a very low price," replies O'Leary, ‘I approve’’
"Now before I pour it, would you like a glass with that, sir?" asks the barman. ‘’Of course’’ says O’Leary, ’’ how else would I drink it?’’
‘’No problem’’, says the barman, ‘’that’ll be 4 Euros for the glass, 1 Euro for the Guinness, and a 2 Euros Guinness pumping charge. Now would you like to stand at the bar and drink it or sit down? It’s 1 Euro to stand or 2 Euros to sit.’’ ‘’ Er….er…er… stand’’ replies O’Leary
‘’Grand, now how about crisps, nuts, paninis, lotto tickets or perhaps some celebrity endorsed fragrance to go with your pint?’’
‘’Just give me the fecking pint’’ screams O’Leary ‘‘I only came here for a fecking pint’’
‘’Ok let’s just review your order: 1 Euro for the Guinness, 4Euros for the glass, 2 Euros for the Guinness pumping charge, 1 Euro to stand, so that’s 8 Euros so far please. ..How about pre booking a taxi home ?’’
‘’Aaaaahh’’ screams O’Leary in desperation, ‘’Ok sir, I understand your frustration’’, says the barman ‘’but we have to do all this to keep the price of our Guinness at 1 Euro, people demand good value from us. Do you know some pubs are charging as much as 4 Euros for a pint of Guinness?’’
‘’I know, it’s terrible the way some other pubs behave, ripping off their customers like that. Anyways, how much do I owe you?’’
‘’That’s 8 Euros’’ replied the barman. ‘’What card would you like to pay with………………?’’

Seriously though good luck with the base :ok:

jpthomas72
13th Jul 2011, 13:45
MAN-HHN is now bookable, but the schedule is a cold shower: Tue/Thu/Fri/Sat departing HHN for MAN at 6:55, departing MAN for HHN 7:55. Which is therefore of very limited use as a replacement for BE's Fri/Sun weekend flights MAN/BHX-FRA. Esp pretty useless for people around BHX as it's not easy at all to get to MAN for a 7:55 departure, might as well go BE BHX-DUS Sat at 7:00 from BHX. Which might not even be much more expensive. Right, celebrated too early then. Maybe something more useful in the summer. LH (and 4U) shall not worry about this. HHN has a traditional very early daily flight (incl Mon) to STN, which isn't that much worse, as getting-up at 4:30 ruins your day anyway, so the longer train ride doesn't matter that much. About MAN-FMM, there the Fri departure is well-times (16:10), but no Sun return option, the first being Mon 20:30. So MOL thinks we can all just take days off all the time if we want to do a weekend trip. While nearly everybody in Ireland is jobless now, not everybody in the UK is, yet :}. 4U's schedule MAN-CGN is a good example for well-timed flights, even WW's EMA-CGN is quite a gift to e.g. expats and stag nights.

DomyDom
13th Jul 2011, 22:31
I'm pleased with the new Ryanair base and route selection, however I was suprised to see that Oporto was not one of the routes identified for summer 2012. This is clearly the next big thing in terms of city break destinations and is somewhere I believe EZY were considering for a while. If rumours are to be believed TAP are soon to announce 4 weekly MAN-OPO based on the sucess of the LIS route, if so I think this will be great news for MAN on top of developments so far this year as it will reaffirm its' strategy of building a varied selection of reasonably priced routes without putting too many eggs in one basket airline wise. Is there anyone who can provide an update on TAP's intentions?

Thanks,

DomyDom

rapidman47
14th Jul 2011, 07:23
Good Luck to MAG for the Ryanair base, I bet this puts more pressure on the Liverpool base which from what I saw last weekend, wasn't exactly busy....as far as 10 based, I doubt it, more expansion but from cheaper costs based european hubs. Liverpool second largest base in the uk you should have gone to specsavers Eight based aircraft and fifty one routes not busy??????????

JSCL
14th Jul 2011, 07:30
@rapidman47

To kind of side with the guys argument - so many flights is great for Liverpool but whether or not they were busy when the guy went is another thing.

viscount702
14th Jul 2011, 10:39
Based on Jamie's post on the Ryanair thread there maybe 3 based A/C this winter not 2

Jamie2k9
14th Jul 2011, 10:41
No its 2. Mistake made.

viscount702
14th Jul 2011, 10:47
Jamie Noted. I noticed your post had been deleted from the other thread after I posted

peba
14th Jul 2011, 12:37
so when does the base open then?

viscount702
14th Jul 2011, 12:40
End of October. First flight from based A/C is I believe 30/10/2011

MKY661
14th Jul 2011, 12:40
either 30/31 October or 1 November

Going loco
14th Jul 2011, 13:17
Jet2 will be taking Manchester / bergamo off sale soon in response to ryanair. Others under review

MKY661
14th Jul 2011, 13:26
I'd say Paris and Toulouse will stay but maybe not Barcelona as Jet2 have operated it in the past and called it off due to lack of demand. That was just when Monarch operated it. (I keep thinking that Ryanair are starting BCN but their not), but I think they will start it in the near future.

rapidman47
14th Jul 2011, 14:03
Jet2 will be taking Manchester / bergamo off sale soon in response to ryanair. Others under review this will happen to jet2 mon and others man will in the end be sorry for letting ryan in mark my words :{
How everyone at Manchester hated Mol now they think the sun shines out of his backside you will all be sorry :(

j636
14th Jul 2011, 14:09
And MAN can't increase airport charges for the next 10 years with Ryanair.

JSCL
14th Jul 2011, 14:20
@j636

True but MAN do have some ways to try and restrict Ryanair in terms of stand availability and other facilities at their disposal to apply limitations.

rapidman47
14th Jul 2011, 14:28
True but MAN do have some ways to try and restrict Ryanair in terms of stand availability and other facilities at their disposal to apply limitations. try that with Mol and see where it gets you agreements or not :}

delta154
14th Jul 2011, 14:29
this will happen to jet2 mon and others man will in the end be sorry for letting ryan in mark my words

I would mark your words, but Im still waiting for your words to be marked on Easyjet pulling MAN and longhaul out of Liverpool.

rapidman47
14th Jul 2011, 14:40
I dont want to argue but what i said was easy was not happy with Manchester and at the time they were not. Long haul from LJLA will be anounced soon airline name begins with (A) if you dont believe me just wait the two points will happen :ugh:

Manchester Kurt
15th Jul 2011, 10:43
CAA Provisional stats for June are up 4.3%

UK Airport Provisional Statistics: 2011 - 06 | Aviation Intelligence | Regulatory Policy (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=80&pagetype=88&sglid=11&fld=201106)

Izzarch
15th Jul 2011, 12:06
All, sorry to deviate from the LCC invasion discussion, but is anyone at liberty to say why, what appears to be a BN Islander is flying various tracks over Stockport at approx. 5000 - 6000 ft today, plus several other days this week for 4 - 5 hours plus?
Nosey, curious & bored!

Izzarch.

purplehelmet
15th Jul 2011, 13:57
All, sorry to deviate from the LCC invasion discussion, but is anyone at liberty to say why, what appears to be a BN Islander is flying various tracks over Stockport at approx. 5000 - 6000 ft today, plus several other days this week for 4 - 5 hours plus?
Nosey, curious & bored!

Izzarch.
its the gmp islander. g-gmpb

j636
15th Jul 2011, 14:12
Jet2 will be taking Manchester / bergamo off sale soon in response to ryanair. Others under review

it gone now

roverman
15th Jul 2011, 18:59
Those CAA provisional traffic stats show how MAN has firmly regained the No.3 spot in the UK, handling about 10% more movements and passengers than Stansted in June. The moving annual pax total is still just lagging behind, but not for long now.

TSR2
15th Jul 2011, 20:11
handling about 10% more movements and passengers than Stansted in June.

Your underselling MAN, actually its 19.96% more movements and 13.32% more passengers.

MUFC_fan
15th Jul 2011, 22:46
try that with Mol and see where it gets you agreements or not

FR have a 10 year agreement with MAN. That means they have to meet certain targets and the same vice versa.

Contracts are legally binding - MOL may be good, but courts are better:

Judge lets fly at apologetic O'Leary over 'pathetic' lie - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/judge-lets-fly-at-apologetic-oleary-over-pathetic-lie-2114095.html)

MAN-OPS
16th Jul 2011, 21:13
Apparently all the new Ryanair stands at MAN are going to be self maneuvering aircraft stands, saving MOL £ on push back equipment.

The96er
16th Jul 2011, 21:19
Apparently all the new Ryanair stands at MAN are going to be self maneuvering aircraft stands, saving MOL £ on push back equipment.

And what stands will those be ?

learjet50
17th Jul 2011, 08:34
Heardfrom Rumour control that MON are now not moving to T2 becasue
they cannot be guaranteed an Airbridge stand in the mornings.

I know no one is guaranteed an Airbrridge stand at any Terminal but MON seem to nearly always get one at T!

This apparantley means EZY will remain in T3

Understand EZY not happy and together with the RYR invasion willl they continue there Increase in Based A/C

Rumour control also said they are Taking some LPL a/c and moving them to Man

Any Feedback ???

Gerry

roverman
17th Jul 2011, 10:20
RYR won't be self-maneouvring. MAN policy is taxi-in-push-out, except for:

Stands 100/101 which are specially designed as taxi-through.

Rare types for which there is no tow-bar (must be remote, though)

Tow bar u/s (remote)

'Push and Park' procedure, awaiting slot, where the stand is suitably configured with blast screens, however this requires a tug to position the aircraft facing nose out.

The96er
17th Jul 2011, 10:57
Heard from Rumor control that MON are now not moving to T2 because they cannot be guaranteed an Airbridge stand in the mornings.

I believe that most MON flights are to operate from remote stands. As I understand it, MON were given a very good deal to accept this situation.

Cazza_fly
17th Jul 2011, 11:16
I believe that most MON flights are to operate from remote stands. As I understand it, MON were given a very good deal to accept this situation.

That's what I heard too, plus wouldn't TOM get priority on airbridge stands anyway? Seeing as though they cant just be pushed out because of a newcomer to T2

Mr A Tis
17th Jul 2011, 16:25
Would it not be feasable to get all the Star Alliance together into T3 ( BMI, CO, SIA, SK, LH, LX, TP & US ) ? Thus leaving plenty of room in T2 for Spotty M & room in T1 for Easy. Flybe would make a good feeder for Star Alliance too in T3 making for easier transfer pax.......and when (if) T1 & T3 get rejoined One World ( BA, AY, AA, EI ) can enjoy T1 check in.

learjet50
17th Jul 2011, 18:21
Roverman

Thanks for your reply re the Airport Policy re Self manouvering stand which is what i understood was the case.

However they are dealing with MOL

I would expect policies will be changing shortly to accomadate the MOL Request as he always seems to get what he wants before siging agreements with Airports we shall wait and see howver I cant see the other Airlines liking it if it does happen.

Whats the Airports Policy on Power backs of stand do ypu know??

Can Manchester really supply enough pax for 3 Lo cost Airlines plus of course MON *(Semi Low cost) only time will tell

How long before the Airort is Re Named MOLCHESTER AIRPORT ??

Intresting times ahead

Regards

Gerry

roverman
17th Jul 2011, 21:47
Gerry,

Couldn't find the policy on powerbacks in the Aerodrome Manual, but I do know that these are only allowed off remote stands and even then not on a planned basis, only when a pushback is not possible for some reason and under carefully controlled conditions. At one time years ago the regular Saudi C130s used to power back off the 60s, and there was a trial with J41s too, which resulted in the present policy after the noise and prop wash proved hazardous along the piers.

Vuelo
17th Jul 2011, 22:58
MON/ZB are not re-considering a move to T2 from what I hear, whether they get airbridges or not is not an issue, and even now at T1 many of their services are remote or B-pier steps.

EZY are still moving to T1 as planned, and show no signs of dissatisfaction with MAN - indeed, quite the opposite.

Another terminal move to keep an eye on is KLM to T3 to join AF which is strongly rumoured to be in the pipeline.

Suzeman
20th Jul 2011, 21:24
Looks like the new management are changing the previous strategy on acquisitions and going back to the core business - concentrating the expertise and resources on MAN as well as the other MAG airports.

Some would say about time too. :D

Manchester Airports Group cools on BAA airports | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/s/1433418_manchester-airports-group-cools-on-baa-airports)

Suzeman

zfw
22nd Jul 2011, 05:52
"Another terminal move to keep an eye on is KLM to T3 to join AF which is strongly rumoured to be in the pipeline"

Will happen between Nov-March.............i know as im planning it.. :)

Mr.Bloggs
22nd Jul 2011, 14:55
Talk about a dunce airport! Fuel wasted yesterday due holding while 05L could not be used due to a hole being left after maintenance. This has happened recently before at MAN. No further comment

Shed-on-a-Pole
22nd Jul 2011, 16:11
Mr Bloggs -

Mistakes can and do occur in ALL large and complex organizations which are run by human beings; Manchester Airport is no exception. It is one of the reasons why runway inspections are deemed necessary and are carried out regularly. Is it not more constructive to acknowledge the professionalism of those who spotted this problem before safety was compromised? I do not have first-hand knowledge of whether this particular hole was spotted by airport ops staff or aircrew, but well done either way. And as for fuel wastage, this is regrettable, but would you rather depart from an unsafe runway or burn some extra fuel whilst necessary repairs are carried out? Every airport makes mistakes; the good ones rectify them before safety is compromised.

Unserviceabilities - especially during WIP - are inevitable in any airport operation. Let's keep matters in perspective please.

Musket90
22nd Jul 2011, 17:47
Well said Shed. Big runway resurfacing project presently underway so well done to those who keep the runway safe.

Anyways don't lots of aircraft "waste" fuel holding at Heathrow when there's no hole in their runways.

RoyHudd
22nd Jul 2011, 20:29
Shed, I sat at 'T' and watched (and reported) a big chunk of 23L tarmac get blown out and back by a departing mid-size jet. This within the last 2 years. Now as any fool knows, we don't use max thrust, nor even high thrust while stabilizing our engines at the first stage of take-off. What I am suggesting is shoddy workmanship. As in all 3 terminals and the taxiways.

Safety is not an issue. ATC are as good as it gets at MAN. But the airport is rubbish, when compared to many other first-line European, U.S, and Canadian international airports. From experience, both current and past.

The problem here is that many people see the need to 'defend' the place. Hardly anybody points out its numerous flaws. What is your problem people? This should be a much better airport, from immigration, police, security, car parks, terminal buildings, taxiways, and runways. The traffic jams due to a badly designed airport are more than frustrating, despite the best eforts of "Ground". Not their fault. But MAN is rubbish. Yes, I live close by and have to work there. It's not an easy matter to uproot bases, considering family and opportunities. But I have every right to complain. Grow up, you juveniles who "support" the place. It is not a football team, not even Stockport County.

mytravela330
22nd Jul 2011, 20:45
for all the people who complain and moan about the airport, just remember that the airport was there alot longer than most people, and will be when most people are dead and buried or cremated... if people dont like living around the airport, then do the obvious thing and move away to a church... all airports around the world are getting more and more flights, so we have to live with it....Also those people who complain, i bet they dont complain when their wizzing down the runway and flying away on their hols........

opnot
23rd Jul 2011, 10:12
Mr Bloggs
if you wish to make comments please qoute all the facts.
The vast majority of holding was caused by an inbond acft declaring a Mayday and not by a hole in the rwy

Mr A Tis
23rd Jul 2011, 10:30
Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze Mr Hudd grow up. We know you love Gatwick & that's your perogative.
I have a list as long as your arm where things at Manchester can be improved. I've had some lousy experiences here at MAN but equally many many first class experiences from start to finish.
However, I've also had some pretty bad experiences at your "first line" airports like JFK, Toronto, Vancouver ( 90 mins immigration followed by 180 mins baggage), Munich & the dreadful Frankfurt, Atlanta ( 45 minutes for a gate followed by 2hours at immigration) I could go on.
The point is ANY airport on ANY given day can be total rubbish, but on another the same airport will be a breeze for everyone concerned.

mickyman
23rd Jul 2011, 12:32
Mr Bloggs

I was going to pass comment but then I noticed where
your location was and decided not to bother........

MM

learjet50
23rd Jul 2011, 21:16
Totally agree with your comments re Mr Bloggs

It says it all

Gerry:D

JackRalston
25th Jul 2011, 21:51
Friends from cricket club were due to go on their honeymoon to Sydney tonight and their first leg flight on UAE20 to DXB has just been cancelled!

Can anyone shed any light on the reason behind this? The aircraft apparently arrived a little late and he said only 15 mins ago they were refuelling the aircraft.

BHX5DME
25th Jul 2011, 21:56
EK02021:00DubaiFinal BoardingEK02021:00DubaiFinal BoardingFlight final boarding at 22.55 !

JackRalston
25th Jul 2011, 22:01
@BHX5DME

Friends were on the aircraft and it's said Final Boarding for ages. They've been given hotel accommodation for the night now. Definitely cancelled according to them.

Jamie2k9
25th Jul 2011, 22:02
Bmibaby dropping Belfast City from end of Oct.

Airfrance7
25th Jul 2011, 22:30
Emirates A380 has a fuel leak from one of its engines. Awaiting repair.

JackRalston
25th Jul 2011, 22:37
@Airfrance7

Sir don't you mean B777? The A380 operates the afternoon flight.

Airfrance7
25th Jul 2011, 22:48
Emirates A380 has been on stand all day with fuel leak. Flight cancelled. I know of no technical problem with 777. Maybe a tactical plan to shift pax first thing tomorrow morning. Also re-positioning of crew a possibility.

Ian Brooks
25th Jul 2011, 23:03
I am told 1st officer taken ill
Bit of an ouch today

Ian B

JackRalston
25th Jul 2011, 23:22
@Airfrance7 ah ok I understand now.

@Ian Brooks are you referring to the B777 regarding the first officer being taken ill?

Sounds like quite a headache for all today

Betablockeruk
26th Jul 2011, 06:57
Sounds like quite a headache for all today

5 EK departures today. Sign of things to come :ok:

Shed-on-a-Pole
26th Jul 2011, 10:48
According to posters on the Newquay thread, the BBC in the SW has reported that FLYBE will launch MAN-NQY 4 x weekly from October. The route has been vacated by the shutdown of Air Southwest, and the total withdrawal of the MAN operation by BMI Baby. Whilst FlyBe's announcement is excellent news for MAN, I do hope that their decision to opt for a winter launch will not discourage the airline from persevering into Summer 2012 when profits should be easier to achieve.

j636
26th Jul 2011, 12:47
MAN - Newquay - 30 October M,Th,F,Su
MAN - Knock - 30 October M,W,F,Su

Suzeman
27th Jul 2011, 08:20
The cat is finally on its way out.

Never been a fan of having a cat box on the steps of Ollie House - doesn't look very professional to me.

Also have a laugh at of some of the comments on the MEN article .......

Claws come out as Manchester Airport chiefs show exit door to Olly the cat | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1453621_claws-come-out-as-manchester-airport-chiefs-show-exit-door-to-olly-the-cat)

Suzeman

JSCL
27th Jul 2011, 08:30
@Suzeman

Funnily the only reasonable comment I see is:
Send her to the Vatican. I heard the Pope's a Cataholic! :-0

ericlday
27th Jul 2011, 08:48
JSCL if that's your purrsonal opinion it would be cat-a-strophic

JSCL
27th Jul 2011, 08:50
LOL. Now now, cat gotchya tongue? Don't tickle my whiskers.

Iams going now, bye. :)

The96er
27th Jul 2011, 10:39
The airport bosses have been determined to get rid of the cat for some time and have seriously thought about how they can do it. ( Remember Geoff Muirhead who stated that it was the cat that was stopping the airport selling office space !! :rolleyes: ) now they have decided to come up with the frivolous excuse of refurbishing Olympic house lobby - I'm sure the cat wouldn't mind too much.
Perhaps the airport should spend more resources into fixing leaking roofs or perhaps the automatic doors at the end of T3 that have not been fixed for 4 year now than conducting a crusade against a cat who is popular to staff and passengers alike !! :*

easyflyer83
27th Jul 2011, 11:49
The96er, I agree. Ollie, whilst unconventional for an airport somewhat, is actually well liked by staff and pax. Pax being the ones who pay a blind bit of notice of other things at the airport that so often gives some of us wet dreams.

JSCL
27th Jul 2011, 11:50
Maybe we could shave 'easyjet' on the cat and keep it for easy jet? It's along the right colour at least!

ericlday
27th Jul 2011, 13:18
Maybe we could shave 'easyjet' on the cat and keep it for easy jet? It's along the right colour at least!

That would be purrfect !!!

Suzeman
27th Jul 2011, 18:42
Is that a jet too? Burst sprinkler creates 20 ft high water feature at Manchester Airport | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1453910_is-that-a-jet-too-burst-sprinkler-creates-20-ft-high-water-feature-at-manchester-airport)

Good job there was nobody driving over this when it cracked off :eek:

Suzeman

JSCL
27th Jul 2011, 19:33
Maybe it was Olly the cat striking back?

Guest 112233
27th Jul 2011, 21:00
It looks like a valve in a water main has burst - the flow seems upwards or is that CApTtya !! - If that's the sprinkler sys at Manchester they have one of the most effective fire retardent systems in the world. - What's the pressure here 20-30 Hpa. ?

CAT III

lexxity
28th Jul 2011, 12:47
I'm campaigning to get Olly Cat brought back. Join my group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/233799423327654/?ap=1)

j636
31st Jul 2011, 18:27
MAN - JFK - 6 weekly - planned to be daily
MAN - ORD - 5 weekly - planned to be daily

Danny_R
31st Jul 2011, 20:14
Clearly a slow news day at MEN, got to love how the story is completely dramatised, people in a state of disbelief, never seen anything like it before! Best not take those people to a waterpark or anything then, they'd pass out with the excitement!

JackRalston
1st Aug 2011, 13:19
Does seem very often now that any incident, regardless of how minor it is, gets overemphasised to 'scare' or 'alert' people in a worrying way.

Meanwhile, did anyone notice the ATSA job opening advertised by Capita? It was up for a month then taken down a few days ago. I certainly applied for it but not heard anything back. :sad:

(sorry for advertising)

JSCL
1st Aug 2011, 15:14
Ryanair one minute, Kate and Wills the next!

Royal Lounge at Manchester Airport gets £20,000 makeover in case Kate and William drop in | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1454296_royal-lounge-at-manchester-airport-gets-20000-makeover-in-case-kate-and-william-drop-in)

MKY661
3rd Aug 2011, 20:42
anyone still know about the news about ZB in T2? I was on a ZB flight a couple of weeks ago and the crew said that Monarch were being 'forced' to go out of T1

whether they get airbridges or not is not an issue, and even now at T1 many of their services are remote or B-pier steps.

Id say monarch usually use Pier C plus when they are at B they usually use a gate with an airbridge. The only flight that doesn't seem to do this is ZB574 to GIB

sam dilly
3rd Aug 2011, 21:35
Who has bashed an Air Mediteranee A321 and caused an 8 hour delay this afternoon at Manchester.
220 unhappy passengers including quite a few in wheelchairs.
It seems that where ever Air Med go in the UK it goes wrong !
:{

learjet50
3rd Aug 2011, 21:57
The a/c lowered itself onto the high lift vehicle for whatever reason distorting the door

A/c is postioning to ORY empty and pax are travelling with MON (GMONK) which is using the originall air med flt number MAN-LDE=Man

nnnn

TSR2
4th Aug 2011, 20:06
Looks like there will be two A380's departing tomorrow. Todays Emirates departure is now due out at 14.30 tomorrow.

Scottie Dog
4th Aug 2011, 20:47
Does anyone have any details of the time schedule for the new tower?

I understand that it is due for completion in 2013 and presume therefore that work will start shortly in order to permit not just the construction also the fitting out.

Many thanks in advance

MKY661
4th Aug 2011, 21:04
Looks like there will be chaos at MAN tomorrow as only one gate can handle the A380 (12A or 12B not sure which 12)

Scottie Dog
4th Aug 2011, 21:12
MKY661 - what a load of rubbish I'm afraid to have to say.

This is at least the 3rd time that EK will have had a double A380 departure in one day, so what will make this any different to the way that it has been handled before? Are you saying that it was chaos each time then?

MKY661
4th Aug 2011, 21:18
well it said above that the flight was leaving at 14:30 and tomorrow leaves at 14:10 so both will be using the gate at the same time. I have just checked manchesterairport.co.uk though and it says its now levaing at 15:30 so shouldnt be a problem now

j636
4th Aug 2011, 21:19
Looks like there will be two A380's departing tomorrow. Todays Emirates departure is now due out at 14.30 tomorrow.

Its departing at 15.30 so the 14.10 tomorrow wont be affected.

roverman
4th Aug 2011, 22:03
It has never been 'chaos' when two A380s have departed close together, It happened only a week or so ago, and at least once before that. One uses Gate 12 as normal, and the other is parked at Stand 62 or 80 with passengers bussed out from Gate 20.

New ATC Tower - site preparation starts October and main build in the New Year. Some architect's renders have recently been released showing an imposing if unspectacular 60m structure, which now sports a sub-cab level for Apron Control and Fire Watch.

TSR2
4th Aug 2011, 22:05
When I last looked it was 14.30 and has now been changed to 15.30.

Betablockeruk
4th Aug 2011, 23:39
and in addition to the double A380, there are 3x VS to MCO. xtra VS175 slotted in at 1200, but there won't be any chaos.

Skipness One Echo
5th Aug 2011, 09:31
Wardair and Nationair used to pile way more people into a B747-100 than Emirates are carrying on their A380 hance MAN has been handling that volume by aircraft since the early 1970s. Perspective is a handy thing, prevents panic and internet over excitement. The main issue is that they have one dedicated gate so if you need them both leaving at the same time you need to bus.

spannersatcx
5th Aug 2011, 10:55
and in addition to the double A380, there are 3x VS to MCO. xtra VS175 slotted in at 1200, but there won't be any chaos.

Only 2 went to MCO the other went to LGW to get fixed!

Hamburg 2K8
5th Aug 2011, 11:56
Flew from MAN to HAM on EZY departure off 23R as I see the 23R end of Runway 1 has had new tarmac and before this was done the 05L end was laid. Turned right after take off then right back over the airport, nice view of airport and see the runway is progressing well looks much better with new tarmac. When is completion due? I see all aircraft are coming off at high speed taxiway AE as BD & B are closed. When are these due to re-open? Taxiway A seems bumpy in places e.g. passing the AVP is this not included in the refurb of 23R/05L?

On another note - is T3 ever going to get e passport gates? When returning from MAN another EZY flight landed as well as a WW flight. Luckily I was near front of queue but I noticed how far it went down the corridor. Arrivals hall needs expanding too, it must be hectic in the morning with the AA passengers!

european130
5th Aug 2011, 13:51
The Travel City 747-300's held 517 and they were always full out to Sanford..We never had a problem with handling 517 in Manchester

TSR2
5th Aug 2011, 14:25
The Air Atlanta Icelandic 742's which at one time were regular visitors also held 450+ on short/medium routes.

easyflyer83
5th Aug 2011, 19:27
Arrivals hall needs expanding too, it must be hectic in the morning with the AA passengers!

I maybe wrong but I imagine around the time AA arrives, it's a positive breeze in comparison. Two 757 (360 pax max)......they rarely arrive at the exact same time and they will be the only T3 arrivals around that time.

AircraftOperations
5th Aug 2011, 20:49
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/infopop/icons/icon6.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betablockeruk http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/422214-manchester-8-a-post6620072.html#post6620072)

Only 2 went to MCO the other went to LGW to get fixed!

Maybe yesterday, but it was 2x A330 and 1x 747 to MCO today.

Musket90
5th Aug 2011, 21:39
Hamburg

According to Notams the surfacing should be finished by mid-August but nightwork will continue until mid-September presumably to instal the runway lighting after the surfacing. BD is showing to remain closed until Sept.

Taxiway Alpha past the AVP has been "bumpy" for a long time. I don't think it's included in the runway works but I'm sure it won't be too long before it's sorted.

Mouser
6th Aug 2011, 13:25
Booked T1 muli-storey but the directions, are confusing me (not difficult) directions as follows; From all directions leave M56 Motorway at Junction 5. Take middle lane signposted for Terminal 1. At the end of the slip road take first exit off the roundabout down Outbound lane. At the Outbound Lane roundabout take the second exit signposted for Short Stay parking. It mentions two roundabouts I thought there was only one roundabout, the one under the T1 flyover, I thought it was staight off the M56 straight down to the traffic lights across the lights to said roundabout, my other question is the multi-storey itself is it now accessed from ground level and not the flyover, as photos show a car accessing the multi-storey via the flyover. TIA

TSR2
6th Aug 2011, 14:10
You are correct. From M56 exit follow T1 signs to traffic lights. Straight through and take the ramp but get in right hand lane At the barrier (immediately before entering multi-storey) do not press button for ticket but insert the credit card used for payment and the barrier will raise. Park anywhere in the multi-storey car park.
On return, use same credit card to exit. Have a good holiday.

Mouser
6th Aug 2011, 14:31
Cheers:ok:

TSR2
6th Aug 2011, 14:39
Just to clarify, Get in the left hand lane at the traffic lights, then the right hand lane going up the ramp.

Mouser
6th Aug 2011, 14:44
Thanks, It was the e-mail directions that threw me.

CabinCrewe
6th Aug 2011, 14:53
For information, Emirates A380's carry more than the Wardair 747's did (EK 517/489 vs 456)

Ian Brooks
6th Aug 2011, 17:22
Ah but what about the Corsair B744 on football charters, they carry over 500

Ian B

ETOPS
6th Aug 2011, 20:52
Leaving MAN by road this morning I caught a glimpse of a new road sign warning of road works starting soon on Ringway Road West. I could have sworn it said "until 2016" but as I was - ahem - travelling, I couldn't be sure.

Would some kind soul pop along and see what it's all about. Not in 'til next week....

johnw1951
6th Aug 2011, 21:13
http://www.tfgm.com/metrolink/airport/utilities_diversions.cfmRingway

Ringway Road West and Outwood Lane: A temporary, mandatory 30mph speed limit will be in force along Ringway Road West and Outwood Lane from late July 2011 for approximately 18 months. This is for safety reasons due to the on-going traffic management at Outwood Lane and the proposed Metrolink roadworks on Ringway Road West. This will be a legal speed limit enforced by Greater Manchester Police.

Suzeman
6th Aug 2011, 21:29
Methinks Metrolink works old boy

From the TfGM website

Transport for Greater Manchester - Corporate - Airport line utilities diversions (http://www.tfgm.com/metrolink/airport/utilities_diversions.cfm)

Relevant bit is

Ringway Road West and Outwood Lane: A temporary, mandatory 30mph speed limit will be in force along Ringway Road West and Outwood Lane from late July 2011 for approximately 18 months. This is for safety reasons due to the on-going traffic management at Outwood Lane and the proposed Metrolink roadworks on Ringway Road West. This will be a legal speed limit enforced by Greater Manchester Police. My note - this new limit is now in place

Map of works here

http://www.tfgm.com/metrolink/airport/Airport-line-Map-3-Combined-July-2011.pdf

Update of works programme due in September.

The line is due to open in 2016 and will provide a tram every 12 minutes between Manchester Airport and Manchester City Centre.

So leave plenty of time for your journey for the next few years......:E

Looks like diversion routes through the estate will be similarly affected. :(

No mention yet on the Airport website - perhaps a job for first thing on Monday:}

Suzeman

ETOPS
7th Aug 2011, 07:57
This will be a legal speed limit enforced by Greater Manchester Police.

I'd better slow down then :=

Ian Brooks
7th Aug 2011, 08:23
Used to be very tempting when there was little traffic and a very strait road

Scottie Dog
7th Aug 2011, 17:21
With the above trial having finished what was the result?

If it was a success will LED be used for the replacement on 23R? If it was not a success then what was the problem?

Finally I see the new lighting towers being erected on the 23R approach but the supports do not look nearly as frangible as the old ones. Were the old supports not of a better quality in case of an accident and are the new ones less solid than appears at first glance.

Thanks, as always.

viscount702
7th Aug 2011, 17:50
According to the NOTAM the trial continues to 20 August.

The original trial was supposed to have finished a long time ago but it seems to have been extended on at least one if not more than one occasion.

It would be nice to know the outcome at some stage though

Scottie Dog
7th Aug 2011, 17:56
Thanks V702. Using a mobile phone at the moment so my search and posting facility is rather limited.

Hopefully our 'old friend' Roverman will come up with the full answer.

Regards

bjones4
7th Aug 2011, 20:52
I've heard that Boeing will be sending a 787 to Manchester on September 3rd to show off to Thomson/Monarch/Virgin - It then heading off to an appointment with BA at LHR on the 4th, anyone else heard anything?

AircraftOperations
8th Aug 2011, 00:05
I was told that LEDs will be installed on the newly refurbished runway.

j636
9th Aug 2011, 09:09
Paphos – Manchester cancelled for winter. Cyprus Airways also cancel London LHR.

Hazzie
9th Aug 2011, 10:48
A few years back (i could be looking through rose tinted specs and it could be longer than that) there was a direct flight from Manchester to Boston, i believe operated by AA. I think it was seasonal but does anyone know why it stopped?
I am presuming either lack of passangers to make it pay or some hook updeal with BA to get them all out of London.
Thanks.

GavinC
9th Aug 2011, 12:16
http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/alldocs/A3151E1CF34A49D0802578E7002D20BC/$File/July+11.pdf

OltonPete
9th Aug 2011, 12:54
Very good compared to the last couple of years.

Also now almost at 2003 levels, I believe other
months have been nearer 2001.

Definitely moving in the right direction though.

No Emirates A380 today but a low density 77W
instead and tonight's 77W has been replaced by
an A332.

Is this going to be regular or just for the period of
Ramadan?

BHX is seeing a lot of low density 77W's on both
flights as well.

Rumour on another forum of Air Nostrum Madrid -
surely not now with FR plying the route and U2
to come soon.

Pete

JackRalston
10th Aug 2011, 12:35
Manchester Airport have put up some images on facebook of what the new control tower is going to look like. It looks a bit better from what was originally released. Thoughts?

New Air Traffic Control Tower | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.243875182314150.71118.126059427429060)

MKY661
10th Aug 2011, 13:55
looks great

roverman
10th Aug 2011, 16:00
The trial of LED lighting continues on 23L/05R. Favourable comments received from flying community. Meanwhile the technical evaluation takes place ready for submission to the CAA for full approval. Hopefully,this will be acheived this Autumn. The intention is to install LED centreline and TDZ on 23R/05L for use in all conditions including CAT III. This may require further approval.

pabely
10th Aug 2011, 19:59
I've heard that Boeing will be sending a 787 to Manchester on September 3rd to show off to Thomson/Monarch/Virgin - It then heading off to an appointment with BA at LHR on the 4th, anyone else heard anything?

Where have you heard this from, my contacts at TOM & MON know nothing!

bjones4
10th Aug 2011, 20:10
Where have you heard this from, my contacts at TOM & MON know nothing!
It's been rumoured in a few places, A.net, Yahoo Groups etc, should be arriving into Manchester from Seattle circa 1135 on the 3rd where it stays all day and overnight leaving at roughly the same time Sunday morning for LHR.

NEastMidlands
10th Aug 2011, 20:37
It's been rumoured in a few places, A.net, Yahoo Groups etc, should be arriving into Manchester from Seattle circa 1135 on the 3rd where it stays all day and overnight leaving at roughly the same time Sunday morning for LHR.

It would be nice to see the B787 at MAN, there should be at least 2x TOM and 1x MON based here 2012-2013

learjet50
11th Aug 2011, 09:47
Brian Edwards who is a Boeing Test Pilot (on 787 mainly) is in Manchester on the night of sept 3rd

What is strapped to his bottom when he lands at Manchester we shall wait and see ???

Gezza:D:D

palomboj
11th Aug 2011, 11:38
According to the below on Plane-mad it is due to arrive on 3rd Sept at 11.35am from Boeing Field, night stop and depart on 4th Sept at 10.55am out to LHR.

Still not confirmed yet though?

Viewing / spotting guide to Manchester Airport - Plane Mad (http://www.plane-mad.com/airport-spotting-guides/united-kingdom/manchester-man-egcc.html)

palomboj
11th Aug 2011, 11:42
[FONT=Tahoma]According to plane-mad, see below link it is due to arrive on 3rd Sept at 11.35am from Boeing Field, night stop and depart to LHR on 4th Sept at 10.55am.

Not confirmed yet though?

englishkev
11th Aug 2011, 12:32
Apparently the Emirates low density B773's and A330 on the evening flight are due to low load factors during Ramadan. Remember the A380 flight didn't start until September 1st last year.

ek773
11th Aug 2011, 18:24
Apart from ramadan, this is also due to competion & excess overcapacity from all the 3 Middle Eastern carriers, over the coming months this will also start showing it's impact on carriers flying East ie. TK, PK,ED & SQ.

Mr A Tis
11th Aug 2011, 20:42
I would have loved to try the EK380 on my J class flight to Shanghai next month. However at £700 more than Lufthansa on my dates, I'm gonna settle for a trip via Frankfurt. It is a much quicker way & 700 quid is a bit of a difference.

AircraftOperations
11th Aug 2011, 21:07
Presume the fact that Star Air are still using MAN means that there are still security issues at EMA to be resolved?

Or is it a permanent operation now?

Jamie2k9
11th Aug 2011, 21:18
Rumour on another forum of Air Nostrum Madrid -
surely not now with FR plying the route and U2
to come soon.

Starts 31 October. Daily flights now bookable

j636
12th Aug 2011, 15:12
Easyjet have reduced many routes form MAN in Dec, Jan, Feb. Routes are: GOT, TFS, MAD, HAM, MUC, SXF, ALC, GVA, SOF, ZRH, SSH, AGP, PFO

MLA, BFS, AMS, ATH are the only ones not being reduced..

delta154
12th Aug 2011, 15:17
Might want to re-phrase that post. You make it sound like the destinations themselves have been cut, and not individual flights on certain days.

pwalhx
12th Aug 2011, 15:53
Is it not sensible to cut rotations in a quieter period and is that not what Easyjet are doing? As was said whether accidently or not the post was badly worded. One presumes the flights will return to their previous levels after the 3 month period?

Plus manchester is not affected in isolation there are route reductions in general over the network.

compton3bravo
12th Aug 2011, 16:00
I would be surprised if they cut Geneva, Zurich and Sharm routes at that time of year - height of the season for skiing and guaranteed sun comes to mind.

pabely
12th Aug 2011, 16:06
Suprised at GVA but looking at LTN shedules, what used to be 8 a day in Jan are only 4 now. Everyone is cutting back, it will be a very tough winter, only the fitest with survive through to next year!

j636
12th Aug 2011, 17:00
SATA airlines are also dropping MAN for winter.

delta154
12th Aug 2011, 17:33
SATA airlines are also dropping MAN for winter

as they have done the past few years they have served MAN, so not really a shocker there.

The96er
12th Aug 2011, 17:34
SATA airlines are also dropping MAN for winter.

SATA has always been a seasonal route.

IB4138
12th Aug 2011, 17:40
It is very disappointing, from a personal point of view, that easyJet have cut the AGP route to operate only on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon....and this starts in November and is still the case in March. It appears to be OTT.

Whilst I am still using EZY in November, but unfortunately, via Liverpool, which causes inconvenience, I have had to resort to Ryanair in March.

Similarly, ZB have dropped to only one flight each day, with only the Sunday flight being in an afternoon. As Jet2 don't fly the route in winter, it is crying out for someone to operate a daily after midday departure from MAN to AGP....maybe a Spanish airline, with a smaller aircraft....Air Nostrum, now they are operating MAN-MAD for Iberia seem to fit the bill.

Facelookbovvered
12th Aug 2011, 20:33
Whilst I understand your frustration, if you look at the total number of AGP flights from LBA MAN LPL EMA there is way to much capacity in the Market place even in summer, very few med flight are full other than the peak travel dates.

This winter will be tough,all airlines will be cutting flight frequency, even some of the flights on sale now will be chopped and passengers bumped onto following or previous day or refunded. Cash will be king, the punters lack the confidence to forward book and the hassle of flying these days puts many off, I used to see getting to the airport as the start of my holiday,not anymore the security, the queues,that's before we start trying to repack at the gate knowing that you might be a few kilos over, knowing you will be hunted down and sent to the naughty desk to pay.

TSR2
12th Aug 2011, 21:29
the queues,that's before we start trying to repack at the gate knowing that you might be a few kilos over, knowing you will be hunted down and sent to the naughty desk to pay

That's the inconvenience you have to put up with just to save a few quid I'm afraid.

Manchester Kurt
13th Aug 2011, 07:00
The CHF has doubled in value compared to the GBP in recent times, not a surprise that Swiss routes may be struggling somewhat.

Ian Brooks
13th Aug 2011, 09:35
I`m not sure struggling is the word

Basle 4356 per month up 107% on 2010 av 72 ppf
Geneva 8540 per month up 26% on 2010 av 142 ppf
Zurich 24918 per month up 7% on 2010 av 107 ppf
compared with BHX which only has Zurich which av on 70ppf

I know we need to know Yield but those figures don`t suggest struggling

Ian B

OltonPete
13th Aug 2011, 10:31
Ian

Basle has improved but if the 319 is now 138 seats it makes the load factor quite worrying but as you say yields might save the day.

April was 3655 pax 56 rotations = 65 per flight and May 3774 with 62 rotations = 61 pax, which is below 50%. Ideal RJ100 load factors!

BHX & MAN to Zurich load factors are similar around the 70% mark.
Much as I don't like the idea of the F100 on the BHX service it certainly is the right size although I suppose you could say the same of the Swiss RJ100.

Manchester has seen considerable passenger growth due to the easyjet flights but BHX has shown a more modest increase - 10% in 2010 compared to 2009.

Manchester to Zurich was up 23% in 2010 but Geneva down 11% (BHX down 14%) and Basle was up 8% in 2010.

The Geneva cutback is the Tuesday service for about four weeks exactly the same as BHX-GVA.

Pete

easyflyer83
13th Aug 2011, 21:10
Easyjet have scaled back schedules consistently in recent Winter's. It obviously brings capacity in line with demand whilst still maintaining the route. Again as in previous years increased frequencies maybe added where demand is sufficient.

I can say for sure however that GVA will see frequency increases this Winter with an additional service on a Friday, and a third frequency on a Saturday and all buy one of the GVA's each week will now be MAN operated.

SSH will become a 3Xweekly service which is (I think) what it was last Winter.

As usual though, the majority of the frequency "scale backs" are the AGP's and ALC's. Theres plenty of competition and mid-week Winter can be incredibly slack as these destinations are near as damn it Weekend style destinations during that time of the year.

Espada III
13th Aug 2011, 22:27
Have been looking for a day trip from Manchester/Liverpool in December for a short while. The previous routes I used to use at that time of year (CDG/GVA etc) used to be two flights per day with an early out and a late back. But these have all disappeared of the schedules.

However yesterday managed to book seven seats on MAN/AMS with EZY for about £55 each return inc taxes. That's pretty cheap; I wonder why?

spannersatcx
14th Aug 2011, 07:29
When do they start and what are the frequencies, timings, if anybody knows, thanks.

Mr A Tis
14th Aug 2011, 10:34
It looks like from 1st Nov we will go from no Madrid flights to:
EZY 5 x week afternoon flights
RYR 4 x week evening flights
IBE 7 x week afternoon flights
and there is also the rumour of Monarch / Air Europa interest, although this may have now fallen through.

Is there demand for 16 flights a week? a great shame there is not an early morning departure on any of the flights. It would be great if there were 7 early morning flights & 7 evening flights, but a day return is impossible on the schedules.

Although the Iberia / Air Nostrum flight is bookable-it does not appear on their route map, even though the newly announced twice weeekly Madrid -Glasgow (from 1.11.11) does appear. Nor does it appear on the Manchester Airport web-site. Does the timings with Air Nostrum, which is failrly late, connect with any significant south American Madrid departures?

TSR2
14th Aug 2011, 10:43
Is there demand for 16 flights a week

I doubt it very much but having said that, BA used to be 2x daily (morning and late afternoon)

OltonPete
14th Aug 2011, 12:16
Mr A Tis

I have a quick look at the Iberia timetable and it does look good for some connections although a few hours layover to some South American routes.

It has also been reported on other forums that both the inbound and outbound time perfectly for South American connections.

Also with Madrid probably less of a need for a business day trip due to the flight times and it should pick up business traffic as well with it being daily albeit with a hotel stay.

Leisure, which I am sure would only be a bonus has no chance with the other two around.

Ryanair to blink first although easy is now showing four weekly.

Just need to persuade IB, that BHX would be an even better idea with no competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

delta154
14th Aug 2011, 12:26
and there is also the rumour of Monarch / Air Europa interest, although this may have now fallen through

Apparently the monarch flights are now loaded into Manchester internal system, Chroma.

There are 2 daily flights, one leaves at 0745, returning 1345. The other flight leaves at 1700, but is down as returning 08:30 the next day. The latter may change as thats a long night stop at MAD, unless they plan to operate a W-pattern to somewhere else.

Mr A Tis
14th Aug 2011, 16:47
Blimey, from zero to 18 flights a week ! You can predict the outcome can't you!!
Same as Berlin when we went from 2 x E145s a day to 2 x E145s + B733 + B738 a day & ended up with none.
Mind you, if the ZB does operate in the morning, it would be a bonus & if the IB does connect well-then there is hope for them too. I think TAP has "tapped" into the south american market well- is there room for two?

pwalhx
14th Aug 2011, 18:05
TAP is predominently Brasil with some Venezuela and Argentina flights whereas Iberia has a broaer range of desinations around South America I would say there is room for both.

easyflyer83
14th Aug 2011, 20:18
There are 2 daily flights, one leaves at 0745, returning 1345. The other flight leaves at 1700, but is down as returning 08:30 the next day. The latter may change as thats a long night stop at MAD, unless they plan to operate a W-pattern to somewhere else.

Not really. 1700 departure will arrive in MAD at around 2015. Perfect timings for a nightstop when the same crew will be operating the 0830. Remember the crew will need 11 hours rest.

delta154
14th Aug 2011, 20:36
With a block time of 2 hours 20 mins, a 17:00 MAN dep will arrive in MAD at 19:20. Also, the 08:30 time is the arrival back at MAN, meaning an 06:10 departure. Thats a night stop of 10:50. When you include report times, which can be up to 1.30 before TO, that does not give the 11 hours required rest, but still makes a long night stop. Hence why I think the times could change.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Aug 2011, 20:45
It will be 20.20 in MAD. They are 1 hour ahead.

mikkie4
14th Aug 2011, 22:29
when easy jet said that they were going to fly out of southend ,along with the bucket n spade flights madrid was mentioned as a destination.i know ryan air do a earlt morning flight and an early evening flight from stansted,then maybe the sen flight {if it goes ahead}could be a good thing is there a market for more flights to madrid south of manchester?

learjet50
14th Aug 2011, 22:29
Not quite correct is saying the Crew need 11 hours off

With split duty rest in madrid which would be a total of 8 hours thay can add 4 hours to the maximum allowed for 2 Sectors which would probably be enough assuming they reqport at 1600 in Manchester

Loys of Airlines do that were a short night stop is required

So I presume thats how they will do it with just 1 Crew Man-Mad-Man

Regards

Gerry

delta154
14th Aug 2011, 23:11
Hi Learjet

Thanks for the explination, but, as a small point, it wasnt me who said the crew needed 11 hours, it was easyflyer83. My post was trying to comment that if the crew needed 11 hours, the block times of the flight wouldnt allow it.

Should be interesting to see when this gets announced, not long for lead in times now.

Skipness One Echo
15th Aug 2011, 09:56
Any reason that the Finnair ERJ-170s were bussed from the remote Stand 101 over the weekend and also that one of the KLM ERJ-190 was bussed from the 230s when there was but a single Thomson B757 on T2??? Has someone broken the only towbar Servisair have and would BMI not share perhaps?

Also the security system at T3 is mental. Only airport I have flown through where they let you into the security area (past a bloke who could have cheked it !!!) then only check your boarding card as you are taking off your belt and emptying your pockets at the trays. I know the self scan barcode gates were useless (LGW's just spent millions installing them at the South Terrible!!) but if you want a human check, do it before you get that far. You remember? The way it was always done? Multi tasking as you get your turn for a plastic tray is hard enough to get everything that needs to go in there as well as belt off and finding boarding card!

Incidentally LGW introduced a system of NOT giving passengers trays until the last minute making frequent fliers wait while staff helped once a year Nelly to take ages getting stuff into the tray. MAN T3 still has this approach, but guess what, LGW just dumped this approach for the much faster everyone grabs a tray and is allowed to fill a tray without supervision! Radical!!

easyflyer83
15th Aug 2011, 15:19
I think the duty wouldn't work as a split shift. I did indeed mention the 11 hour rest period but I think downroute the rest period can be reduced to 10 hours. I'm a bit rusty of the FDP front.

Even so, it's not that long a nightstop. Typically, nightstoppers tend to land between 9 and 1030 anyway so there isn't really anything dramatically different. The aircraft lands around 2020 (thats local btw) and it's needed the next morning to operate the flight back to MAN. Therefore, theres nothing else for the aircraft to do other than sit on the ground in MAD and the crew need their rest period. It all sounds perfectly plausible should it go ahead.

Now for a split duty scenario to work it would likely see the service depart MAN around 1030PM arriving MAD 0150am and then the crew would HOTAC for 4 or 5 hours before departing back to MAN.

Downwind_Left
15th Aug 2011, 19:15
Depending on Monarch's scheduling agreement, the duty would work with a split allowed under CAP 371.

Report 1600z = Max FDP based on 2 sectors of 12hr 25min
Depart 1700z
Arrive 1920z
Off Duty 1950z
Report 0500z = Rest of 9hr 10min
Depart 0600z
Arrive 0830z = Total Duty 16hr 30min

Last on chocks = 16:00+12:25+4:35 (Half of 9:10)-24:00 (To covert back to a time since over midnight) = 09:00z

As long as the crew get their required rest downroute, and the aircraft arrives back on stand by 0900z then the flight would be legal if Monarch schedule up to max FDP allowed under CAP 371... Although I suspect they may not.

The96er
15th Aug 2011, 19:31
Any reason that the Finnair ERJ-170s were bussed from the remote Stand 101 over the weekend and also that one of the KLM ERJ-190 was bussed from the 230s when there was but a single Thomson B757 on T2??? Has someone broken the only towbar Servisair have and would BMI not share perhaps?

Finnair and KLM both handled by Swissport at MAN.

learjet50
15th Aug 2011, 21:32
Sorry Delta 154 cant read ????
Downwind left ansered the questions re Max hours like other CAP371 is a long way in the past certainly for me

Gerry

j636
15th Aug 2011, 21:38
Depending on Monarch's scheduling agreement, the duty would work with a split allowed under CAP 371.

Report 1600z = Max FDP based on 2 sectors of 12hr 25min
Depart 1700z
Arrive 1920z
Off Duty 1950z
Report 0500z = Rest of 9hr 10min
Depart 0600z
Arrive 0830z = Total Duty 16hr 30min

Last on chocks = 16:00+12:25+4:35 (Half of 9:10)-24:00 (To covert back to a time since over midnight) = 09:00z

As long as the crew get their required rest downroute, and the aircraft arrives back on stand by 0900z then the flight would be legal if Monarch schedule up to max FDP allowed under CAP 371... Although I suspect they may not.

The arrival into MAD will be at 20,20 as there are an hour ahead.

delta154
15th Aug 2011, 21:42
The arrival into MAD will be at 20,20 as there are an hour ahead.

hence why he put 1920z, the z being zulu time.

TartinTon
15th Aug 2011, 21:54
The ZB schedule as published above can be operated as a split duty but it won't happen before S12 at the earliest if at all...why would they enter a market that is going to be a bloodbath?

delta154
15th Aug 2011, 21:59
The ZB schedule as published above can be operated as a split duty but it won't happen before S12 at the earliest if at all...why would they enter a market that is going to be a bloodbath?

Because, being a 'loco' carrier, and the partnership with Aer Europa means that ZB/AEA and Iberia stand the best chance of all. Iberia with its oneworld connections, then the low fares of ZB with the connections provided by AEA means ZB has the best of both worlds. Also, the only carrier to have a morning flight will hold slight advantages too.

MANTFS
16th Aug 2011, 08:58
Of course the flight could be operated bt Air Europa under the codeshare agreement with Monarch

Hamburg 2K8
19th Aug 2011, 16:13
Gone quite here - let's think of something then...right runway 1 update was meant to be given to us last month but nothing, so is the resurfacing complete as it was meant to by mid-August? And full completion in mid September with all taxiways back open?

Now to other questions:
* New airbridges on Pier C - think it was for gates 31 & 32?? I know they all need replacing (and maybe t2 airbridges too?) but I suppose finance is not available for all??
* Pier B - I used to use fly to HAM every week on LH from this Pier in 06-08 haven't used it since as I know use EZY from T3, have they got rid of that horrible carpet and those uncomfortable chairs??

MKY661
19th Aug 2011, 16:25
Pier B has been sort of done up, i think the carpet has gone. What colour was it? If it was light grey its still there.

Don't know why they need to replace the airbridges for gates 28-32. I know the outside looks a bit tatty but the inside looks really nice. I think that Gates 22-27 need their airbridges done up on the inside. I actually would like to see more airbridges in Pier B to be honest. There's only 4 and i think that sone should be installed on gates 9 & 11 and that other one to the left of 11 (Not sure if it's 12A or 12B), the one that the A380 doesn't use.

Hamburg 2K8
19th Aug 2011, 16:55
I think it was light grey - it was put down just before I stop flying with LH sometime in 2008. I was informed Pier B was sort of refurbished a bit like to Gate 12 area was done up. As for airbridges, I was also informed that all T1 airbridges were going to be installed but due to finances, it was just gates 31 & 32 that were having them. Well Pier B was meant to be re-built a few years ago but with the recession and now with the state of the worldwide economy I can't see it happening again. The pics I saw were nice, a taller building with airbridges on the east side too (gates 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and what was 11 is now 15).

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Aug 2011, 16:20
Delta to reduce ALT-MAN to 5 weekly for winter. Nearly all other European routes from ALT also reduce to 5 weekly.

roverman
20th Aug 2011, 16:41
Yes, the Atlantic is looking a little thin over Winter 2011/12, but it's not that unusual for frequencies to be dropped or certain routes to hibernate. Overall, MAN's USA network remains intact through an economic pooper on both sides of the pond, with all routes expected to be back at full strength next Spring.

The Air Nostrum (for Iberia) start up sees another legacy flag carrier returning to MAN, following TAP earlier this year. The huge expansion of capacity to the Gulf is now in place, the next few months should reveal whether that equals a net gain or just displacement of traffic which previously went via London or the EU hubs. Watch those stats.

All hail MAN, The UK's No. 3 Airport!

MKY661
20th Aug 2011, 16:47
I would love manchester to see growth this year instead of decline which is has been doing for 4 years. Don't know if it will pass 20 million though. Would be nice

roverman
20th Aug 2011, 20:48
Growth is now well established but we won't see 20 Million this year, perhaps near 19 Million by year end or FY end.

Mr.Bloggs
20th Aug 2011, 22:48
Won't grow, sadly. No reason to. Fewer folk can afford to travel by air.

delta154
20th Aug 2011, 23:56
Won't grow, sadly. No reason to

Well, YoY figures are up, so is, and, has been growing. We are over 18 million for rolling total so far, and wouldnt be surprised to see it hit 19 million. Also, we have retained the 3rd busiest UK airport spot.

Also, as for no reason to grow, I must be imagining the 3 new daily flights to the middle east, the new VS services, new Ryanair base, return of Iberia and TAP, new Tunisair flights, 2 extra easyjet units, new Jet2 flights and Norwegian air shuttle.

Nope, no reason at all for growth :E

TSR2
21st Aug 2011, 00:03
Also, we have retained the 3rd busiest UK airport spot

Well according to the CAA figures for July, Rolling Year Pax numbers are;

Stansted - 18,440,100

Manchester - 18, 419,179

Ian Brooks
21st Aug 2011, 06:29
Think you will find July last month they are ahead

Ian B

TSR2
21st Aug 2011, 13:02
Think you will find July last month they are ahead

Yes Ian on a monthly basis but not yet on a rolling year.

Ringwayman
21st Aug 2011, 15:26
There's around 9000 passengers difference going off the BAA and MAN website figures.

BHX5DME
21st Aug 2011, 15:56
HEATHROW 68,652,757 +5.6
GATWICK 32,890,496 +4.0
STANSTED 18,440,651 -3.4
MANCHESTER 18,420,101 +4.1
LUTON 9,268,111 +6.0
EDINBURGH 9,175,491 +5.7
BIRMINGHAM 8,649,992 -0.7
GLASGOW 6,752,150 n/c
BRISTOL 5,768,943 +0.5
LIVERPOOL (JOHN LENNON) 5,190,626 +3.3
NEWCASTLE 4,384,875 -0.5
EAST MIDLANDS INTERNATIONAL 4,187,333 -1.2
BELFAST INTERNATIONAL 4,048,960 -2.5
ABERDEEN 2,946,034 +4.3
LONDON CITY 2,882,575 +3.0
BELFAST CITY (GEORGE BEST) 2,541,363 -8.5
SOUTHAMPTON 1,738,961 -1.4
PRESTWICK 1,456,759 -13.5
JERSEY 1,456,130 +1.8
CARDIFF WALES 1,313,176 -10.7
GUERNSEY 899,637 +0.3
DONCASTER SHEFFIELD 854,500 +4.9
EXETER 726,234 -2.5
ISLE OF MAN 691,977 +1.2
BOURNEMOUTH 666,162 -15.3
INVERNESS 551,863 +2.6
NORWICH 424,091 +2.2
CITY OF DERRY (EGLINTON) 378,273 +12.9
SCATSTA 292,429 +8.4
HUMBERSIDE 285,352 -3.6
NEWQUAY 247,284 -21.2
BLACKPOOL 240,599 -4
DURHAM TEES VALLEY 218,613 -8.1

BHX5DME
21st Aug 2011, 16:00
MAN's best ever rolling total was 22,578,836 in July 2006

STN's best ever rolling total was 24,037,747 in October 2007

Going back 10 years to July 2001 :-

MAN was 19,337,601

STN was 13,127,631

Ringwayman
21st Aug 2011, 16:37
The CAA stats do not tally with the airports that are issuing them. As I said, there's a 9000 difference:

MAN stats in 000s (http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/alldocs/A3151E1CF34A49D0802578E7002D20BC/$File/July+11.pdf) 18,428.7
STN stats in 000s (http://www.baa.com/assets/Internet/BAA%20Airports/Downloads/Static%20files/traffic-summary_july-2011_BAA.pdf) 18,437.8

Would be interesting to see the transfer stats for STN as there's roughly another 190,000 pax to add to MAN.

Quite a drop for STN from it's heyday; with the economy being as it is perhaps those in the STN catchment area are no longer deciding to take as much discretionary travel with the cheap fares leading to a reduction in based units, destinations and frequency. We have to wait to see what the impact will be on MAN - already we know that the DL service to JFK is being pulled from September with it being reinstated from June.

Jamie2k9
21st Aug 2011, 16:45
We have to wait to see what the impact will be on MAN - already we know that the DL service to JFK is being pulled from September with it being reinstated from June.

There will be no impact as American were not doing JFK from MAN last winter 2010/11 but they are this year so the JFK figures will be more less the same and if they do fall it will be because people are not traveling.

JFK was due back from 23 March 2012. Has this being put back to June 2012? If so the only impact on JFK will be March - June 2012 were there will only be one carrier next year compared to two this year.

Ian Brooks
21st Aug 2011, 17:20
To add to STN woes they are losing 3 U2 aircraft plus most of Air Berlin
which is going to account for about 50,000 pax per month

Ian B

j636
21st Aug 2011, 17:24
You forgot FR cutting 20% this winter also.