PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe - 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

learjet50
6th Apr 2011, 12:04
Sir

Thank you for your reply I did not realize BHX was a Maintenance Base thought it was Exeter.

Re your comment about self Handling

Not heard that one

Rumour control will though in about 2 Hours

Regards

Otto Throttle
7th Apr 2011, 14:25
New aircraft to BHX in order to be assessed for their ability to withstand abuse. If our Brummy colleagues can't break it, then she's a good ship. :}

MUFC_fan
9th Apr 2011, 22:41
Does anybody know the future plans for BE's fleet?

Are they planning to get rid of the Q400s?

adfly
10th Apr 2011, 09:53
I can't see the Q400 going anytime soon apart from maybe a few of the older ones. They are very good on thinner routes and also from airport with short runways such as GCI or with a lack of stands for E175's like SOU. I can see the E175's replacing the Q400's on some of their longer routes such as SOU-VRN, MAN/BHX-MXP SOU/EXT- AVN/PUF, SOU-INV etc.

Tonyq
10th Apr 2011, 11:14
At the time of the share sale, late last year, BE said they expected to have a fleet of around 110 aircraft by 2015/6. That implied the current fleet of c72 plus the 35 E175's and 4 Q400's on firm order, give or take a few.

Now they seem to be trying to off-load the brand new Q400's which they were presumably contracted to purchase, don't seem too sure what to do with the two Q400's which were supposedly withdrawn a fortnight ago and then re-instated within a couple of days, and most E175 talk is about replacing more Q400's. That mix won't take them to 110 aircraft in 4 years.

Meanwhile, the share price is down c15% from the sale price and none of the takeovers or alliances that were talked about have delivered anything concrete. Oil prices have soared and business air travel numbers remain sluggish.

I want BE to be successful as I have to use them a lot, but it seems that the way forward for BE may not be as clear cut as it was a few months ago.

Stewart28
10th Apr 2011, 11:17
Does anyone know how the bookings are going for the new route from MAN-LDY

Haven't a clue
10th Apr 2011, 15:43
Om 17 Dec Cloud1 said the inability to add bags to only one sector when booking was an IT glitch and would soon be fixed.

So here we are Apl 10 and still no fix.

FWIW when you have a holiday home you often take a bag one way; maybe it is full of bedding or maybe clothes, but it is perfectly normal to only want to carry the bag one way.

So tmx I'm heading to London with washed bedding and I am being forced to book my case both out and back. Not acceptable IMHO, but who do I complain to?

manx crab
10th Apr 2011, 17:16
They are probably making too much money out of the website glitch.:eek:

Since I was caught out I now book singles if I am likely to need luggage as I too often need bags only one way.

GROUNDHOG
10th Apr 2011, 19:03
Wonder what Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber does, Flybe is his favourite way to get to his holiday home in Majorca though he did admit to sometimes using a private jet. If I had 700 million I suppose I would too! At least something I have in common with him that I too really enjoy flying with Flybe and have found customer services helpful when needed.

BFS101
11th Apr 2011, 08:46
FlyBE not a fan of Ulster rugby.

Irate Ulster rugby fans miss big game as pilot a no-show - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/irate-ulster-rugby-fans-miss-big-game-as-pilot-a-noshow-15140708.html)

compton3bravo
11th Apr 2011, 09:17
May I suggest that they should have flown to Luton - with Milton Keynes just up the road - with easyJet or took the Jet2 charter flight which also went to Luton. Flying to Gatwick makes no sense to me about 100 miles away from MK- what about Birmingham or East Midlands far closer.
Me thinks some people did not do their homework but very sorry also for there flight being cancelled and missing the game.

OltonPete
11th Apr 2011, 10:21
Indeed when I read the article I thought here we go again more pax that BHX could have had but looking at the article it does not appear to be as easy as that.

Some had tickets for mainland based supporters and if they lived in the London area that might have been the reason (could have picked up at the ground though) plus one had a hire car in Milton Keynes. Also the BHX flight had an 06.40 departure time Saturday and was only a Q400, so again that might have been a problem.

Also unlucky as they might have been able to be re-directed to a later BHX flight but alas that would have been too tight to get to the match. All in all it seems they were thwarted in many ways.

Pete

flying officer kite
11th Apr 2011, 11:42
I read the article, and what the BBC posted, some inaccuracies in the story, and yep going to LGW to get to MK does seem a weird route to take. Surely an Easyjet to Stansted even would be better

fjencl
14th Apr 2011, 14:28
Does anybody know how many based aircraft flybe have on the isle of man, and are they just the dash8-q400, or do they have a 195 as well.

Many thanks

lfc84
14th Apr 2011, 14:33
i think its 4 q-400

JC25
14th Apr 2011, 14:35
IOM has four Q400 based

fjencl
14th Apr 2011, 14:42
thanks
:ok:

NorthernCounties
16th Apr 2011, 12:02
Does anyone know if any EDI based aircraft have any free slots, and if so which kind of aircraft have the slots?

mizake the mizzen
16th Apr 2011, 17:26
With Respect, that sort of question should be directed to the airlines commercial planning if its for a serious commercial enquiry.
Dont believe it's appropriate for a public forum.
If its just for 'spotters interest' its quite easy to work out from their online timetable how the aircraft are being utilised day by day.

Kinocker
16th Apr 2011, 17:52
With Respect, that sort of question should be directed to the airlines commercial planning if its for a serious commercial enquiry.
Dont believe it's appropriate for a public forum.
If its just for 'spotters interest' its quite easy to work out from their online timetable how the aircraft are being utilised day by day.

I wouldn't say it is either of the above, I'd say he just wants to know if there is a possibility of flybe starting another route from Derry. As they have increased rotations to Knock to five weekly from EDI, it would seem as though there may well be some spare capacity kicking about here and there.

NorthernCounties
16th Apr 2011, 20:36
I'd say he just wants to know if there is a possibility of flybe starting another route from Derry.

Bingo Kinocker! But since Derry has FR currently operating to PIK I think we'd only be able to sustain 3x weekly out to EDI. Hopefully shouldn't be to difficult to squeeze this in for BE, especially due to the short distance of the flight.

Very good to here the extension of services at NOC, think it's a matter of time till BE intervene on the MAN route... but I wouldn't be surprised if FR acted on the BHX vacancy.

docleaf1664
18th Apr 2011, 10:05
From recollection (around time of float) the senior management of Flybe were unable to sell their shares for six months. That time is almost up.

So the question for the day is if they sell up and go who will they miss the most?

Uncle Jim (is he a one man show), the Ops head Stong I think, Rutter in Marketing or the CFO.

Now I know the answer you want to post is none, as the suits add nothing and the workers deliver all, but I would be interested in the answer.

Docleaf1664

jerhippo
4th May 2011, 12:07
Anyone know about the Flybe codesharing with BA on Gatwick- Guernsey Route and Iom and BHD etcc.... nothing on flybe.com or BA.com

Curious Pax
4th May 2011, 12:53
Anyone aware of the current DH4 fleet plans? They seem to have had a brand new one parked in a hangar at Exeter since delivery 2-3 weeks ago with no sign of it entering service. Not financially beneficial long term you would think.

cornishsimon
4th May 2011, 12:54
Anyone know about the Flybe codesharing with BA on Gatwick- Guernsey Route and Iom and BHD etcc.... nothing on flybe.com or BA.com

dont think that BA ever codeshared on Guernsey routes ?
cs

jethro15
4th May 2011, 13:39
Anyone aware of the current DH4 fleet plans?
All will become clear soon

Jerbourg
4th May 2011, 15:04
I noticed today on the Guernsey Airport arrivals board the BA flight no's & Logo on the BE flight - something's happening...

Guernsey Airport Flight Arrivals (http://www.guernsey-airport.gov.gg/arrivals.html)

Tonyq
4th May 2011, 15:29
If you go to the LGW Arrivals/Departures boards, there are BA flight numbers on BHD, IOM, NCL, NQY as well as the usual ABZ and INV flights.

Would appear to be a new series of codeshares which have been slipped in under the radar.

Surprised the BE propaganda machine hasn't trumpeted this in advance.

cornishsimon
4th May 2011, 16:31
sounds good to me, especially the NQY codeshare

if only you could actually book using it, noting at all on ba.com

MUFC_fan
4th May 2011, 16:33
Are BE jumping into bed with everyone?

Before long they'll be able to close their own website down and run on BA, EY etc!

GoEDI
4th May 2011, 21:37
Anyone aware of the current DH4 fleet plans? They seem to have had a brand new one parked in a hangar at Exeter since delivery 2-3 weeks ago with no sign of it entering service. Not financially beneficial long term you would think.

FLBG entered service today, infact I ended up on it on EXT-EDI this evening.

parky747
5th May 2011, 03:08
Are BE jumping into bed with everyone?

Before long they'll be able to close their own website down and run on BA, EY etc!

I dont undertand!

Why would you book a flybe flight on eg BA.com?

I have compared prices on both BA.com / Flybe.com for various code shared flights though dont understand the massive price differences!

Is it that you get BA lounge access / Miles / BA's baggage allowance?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

cornishsimon
5th May 2011, 10:13
the main reason i would is for some sort of protection in the event of delays or misconnects. i wouldnt book the ba coded flight as a stand alone.

for instance if i wanted to travel to BGI on BA and could book ex NQY, i could be protected if a delay happens and have my bags transferred between LGW south and north

cs

MUFC_fan
5th May 2011, 10:33
for instance if i wanted to travel to BGI on BA and could book ex NQY, i could be protected if a delay happens and have my bags transferred between LGW south and north

Correct. And BA don't really want people to book those tickets as stand alone either, hence the high prices. They'd rather have someone flying to HKG, LAX, JNB etc who can use that seat and they'll obviously benefit much more.

It's a very good tool for both carriers actually. BA can remain in the regions (sort of) and passengers are able to book fares around the world on one ticket from their local departure point. Also, BE will then be able to sell seats they may not have been able to do so otherwise.

A quick question. Say a passenger flying BA from NQY to say, BGI (example used before). If they're flying F/J, I'm guessing they're allowed to take their full BA weight allowance on the BE flight?

BAladdy
5th May 2011, 12:52
NO flybe flights from LGW are available for sale through BA.COM apart from those operated by LC and BE service from LGW-INV

Tomorrow IAG will announce there Q1 results. They are also expected to outline there plan for the year ahead.

Maybe a extensive codeshare deal will be announced then. Or maybe IAG are increasing there stake in BE

Aero Mad
5th May 2011, 13:01
On a different note, any idea when the first 175 is expected and where it will be based?

BAladdy
5th May 2011, 13:03
BE shares fall almost 25% after reporting that they expect full year profits to be down on previous estimates

UPDATE: Flybe Feels Impact As UK Consumers Cut Nonessential Trips - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110505-710278.html)

Recent flotation Flybe falls 22% after profit shortfall | Business | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/marketforceslive/2011/may/05/flybe-falls-after-profit-shortfall)

Tonyq
5th May 2011, 16:37
Well that explains why the new Q400 has not been used much, and why there is talk about others being parked up.

Makes you wonder if the E175's may end up being subject to some deferment too, until the market conditions are better, or maybe they will replace E195's, rather than Q400's, to improve headline load factor and yield numbers.

They must be sweating on that unhedged fuel position for the second half of the 11/12 financial year too.

Still seem well placed to benefit when the economic upswing does eventually come, but until then, it looks like they will have their work cut out to keep the stock markets on-side. Sir Jim needs to pull off one of those much vaunted 'deals' to get a profitable foothold in Europe to re-establish confidence.

Overall, things not looking quite as rosy as they were portrayed at the time of the IPO.

mutleyshriek
6th May 2011, 12:12
£3.00 per sector Fair Deal fuel surcharge to be introduced.I though it was only political parties who employed spin doctors.

Aero Mad
6th May 2011, 17:22
BE732A from Bournemouth to Gatwick, 17:00 (http://www.gatwickairport.com/flights/arrivals/?f=TrRMY/PuUgOu2gJuP1z6aRA0d0jrDNFYMz5QvtK3HFe4+2wHplk5Uz7FcwjuXsWNAy vhS02OZoM%3d)

Aero Mad
6th May 2011, 17:59
Sorry, posted on the wrong thread, was attempting to post to the Bournemouth thread.

LostThePicture
6th May 2011, 19:36
I've noticed that at least twice in the past four days, the usual evening routes SOU-MAN-SOU and SOU-LBA-SOU have been apparently replaced by a single flight with the route SOU-MAN-LBA-SOU. Anybody able to enlighten me as to whether this is down to aircraft being unserviceable, or just dreadful load factors?

LTP

JobsaGoodun
6th May 2011, 21:26
It would be a pretty desperate airline that makes such a decision due to commercial reasons. One very quick way to invite competition and lose business.

I don't know the reasons why, but I very much doubt its down to the second option.

wawkrk
7th May 2011, 09:28
After profit warning.Aircraft disposal mentioned.
Not good news.
Sorry if this has already been posted.

BOHEuropean
7th May 2011, 09:35
LostThePicture,

Tech aircraft.

vectisman
7th May 2011, 10:19
Maybe its just me, but some of the recent one liners re Flybe come across as negative digs without much substance to back them up.
I have also read the recent trading update which appears to be a frank account of the current trading situation. Seems reasonable to me to mention in that statement that action may need to be taken to protect yields. Surely this is forward thinking rather than panic. A profit is till forecast albeit less than planned.
Just my view as an independent outsider with no connection to Flybe at all.

V.

Facelookbovvered
7th May 2011, 11:11
You make a fair point

I don't see this as an about to fail airline, but rather it underlines the challenge that making money in the UK regional airline has become. APD airport charges means there is very little profit to be had when coupled with high oil prices.

They have a large number of aircraft on order that need to be paid for and with lots of small airports means lots of crew positioning cost and have had some flight canx due lack of crew which implies they need to increase their cost base in crew terms.

BA did not dump BAcon because it was profitable !

Tonyq
7th May 2011, 12:04
No-one in the financial press is suggesting this is an airline about to fail, and such talk in non-financial circles is reckless and ill-informed. They are still pretty profitable, cash rich and key numbers are generally fairly resilient.

It is simply a case that they raised a lot of cash in the markets only 5 months ago based on future earnings and growth projections which have now been revised severely downwards. They are still projecting a profit of c£22m in 2011/12, but previously they were looking at £35m+. The investors are not happy.

They do have some big orders to fund and deploy, and if these end up being used for fleet renewal rather than growth that will also derail the medium term expansion projections at the time of the IPO.

As I said before, with the UK market fairly saturated and, at best, flat for growth, they need to pull off one of these much vaunted 'deals' in mainland Europe to rebuild a little market confidence , and show their investors that their eventual growth plans are deliverable.

Shareholders may be feeling a little duped at the moment, but I can't see that pax and staff have too much to be concerned about.

LostThePicture
7th May 2011, 16:56
I'm not sure if the "negative digs without substance" comment was partially directed at my question, however some friends of mine were affected by the merging of the flights I mentioned, on Tuesday and Friday this week.

My profile should suggest that I have some idea what I'm talking about, and in this case there seems to be a lot of evidence that Flybe are merging flights regularly (on this particular pair of routes, in any case) for commercial rather than technical reasons. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if the load factor on all four flights is below 50%, then it makes commercial sense to do one round-robin flight and excuse the inconvenience with "technical difficulties". The truth of this is difficult to verify, of course, but Flybe will know that the other option - of declaring the truth - would be viewed as completely unacceptable by its customers.

I have no wish to run the airline down and neither hope or think that they will fail - they contribute to my salary after all. Indeed, their shares are starting to look like quite good value when one considers that they appear to be learning very quickly that they must operate very cynically in order to succeed in the low cost arena.

However, I would want to see considerable improvement in their current average load factor of 70%, which is dire compared to peers like Easyjet and Ryanair. And probably lends further weight to my suspicions...

LTP

Coffin Corner
7th May 2011, 18:54
LTP

Whilst your theory holds water, I can assure you as aircrew I have been on the receiving end of "tech" aeroplanes around the network in recent weeks, and they have been doubling up where necessary & applicable.

JobsaGoodun
7th May 2011, 19:18
However, I would want to see considerable improvement in their current average load factor of 70%, which is dire compared to peers like Easyjet and Ryanair. And probably lends further weight to my suspicion

Its probably worth emphasising that Flybe don't need the load factors anywhere close to Ryanair or Easyjet to remain profitable and successful. With 45% of passengers being late booking business passengers the profile for your average Flybe passenger is going to be very different from EZY or FR.

Load factor, whilst a measure by which to record success should not be viewed exclusively. You can have a load factor of 100%.......but it's all about the yield.

NorthernCounties
8th May 2011, 12:37
Anyone know how bookings on LDY and MAN are going. Are senior management happy with what they've seen so far or not?

Is there a possibility that the route could be extended? Personally, with everyone scrambling to get home at xmas, I think they'd miss their most profitable period from the route!

CabinCrewe
8th May 2011, 13:12
"Are senior management happy with what they've seen so far"
Youre not likely to get the answer to that in here...:rolleyes:

NorthernCounties
8th May 2011, 13:31
Oh really? I thought Jim French himself contributed to this site... :rolleyes:

Some people on this forum are partial to experiencing grumbles or positive noises from those who have indepth knowledge of Flybe or either airports. I myself was even informed by an editor on this thread privately that the route was going to be announced a fortnight before it was officially announced.

So it is not beyond reason to think there may be a possiblity that someone might know how the routes doing. :hmm:

fjencl
11th May 2011, 10:07
Concern rise in landing fees could threaten Gatwick flight.

Could the Inverness to London Gatwick flight be under threat?
A VITAL air link between Inverness and London Gatwick could be at risk because of increases to landing charges, it is feared.
Highland councillors are concerned increases imposed on regional carriers like Flybe will be passed onto passengers and impact on the numbers using the flight, making it less profitable.
They now propose to write to operator Flybe, which runs a three times a day service between London and Gatwick, to support its opposition to the rises in landing fees.
Global Infrastructure Partners, who operate Gatwick, got permission from the Civil Aviation Authority to raise charges earlier this year, resulting in a 20 per cent rise for small aircrafts, like those run by Flybe on the Inverness to Gatwick route.

For Info.

Inverness Courier | News | Concern rise in landing fees could threaten Gatwick flight (http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Concern-rise-in-landing-fees-could-threaten-Gatwick-flight-09052011.htm)

scr1
16th May 2011, 22:08
at last a ams route for inv

Flybe | Corporate | Media | News archives (http://www.flybe.com/corporate/media/news/1105/16.htm)

dwlpl
17th May 2011, 10:27
Out of interest does the Embraer 195 operate through Exeter and if so on what route(s)?

LGWAlan
17th May 2011, 13:04
Yes - according to Amadeus the E95 ops PMI, FAO, ALC, EGC

Tonyq
17th May 2011, 16:00
To rotate aircraft for mx, they also pop up on EXT-MAN from time to time too.

Whispering Giant
18th May 2011, 09:01
Exeter 195 op's :-
EXT-MAN - daily Mon to Friday,
EXT-DUB - Sun,Tue, Fri
EXT-JER - Sat only
EXT-EGC - Mon,Thurs
EXT-ALC - Sun,Tues,Fri
EXT-AGP - Sat, Mon,Thurs
EXT-PMI - Sun, Wed
EXT-FAO - Sat, Wed

Think thats all of them.....

brgds
W.G

Stewart28
18th May 2011, 09:45
Does anyone know how the bookings are doing for the MAN-LDY route.

NorthernCounties
18th May 2011, 11:49
Does anyone know how the bookings are doing for the MAN-LDY route.

I've asked a couple of times myself, but it'd appear not. Must not be too bad since the route is still to be operated from tomorrow. But must not be to great either if we still haven't heard of an extention of the service and becoming year round.

bean
18th May 2011, 12:17
Since the route was only announced on 25th February it's probably a bit premature to make it year round. I would have thought they would give it a month or two and see how bookings for the route are

NorthernCounties
18th May 2011, 12:25
Since the route was only announced on 25th February it's probably a bit premature to make it year round. I would have thought they would give it a month or two and see how bookings for the route are The reason we're pondering this slightly earlier than usual is probably because when a route to EDI was announced out of NOC, it had the same scenario... Seasonal flight ending before Winter, but then 1 month before the route started in March/April, they announced that there would be extra rotations and the route would be made year round.

Obviously there is still time, and I might have been a bit pessimistic in my previous post, but I do hope LDY can develop it's relationship with BE and have numerous year round routes in time. With the UK City of Culture title for the City, increased visitors could really be good for an airline like BE!

NorthernCounties
19th May 2011, 11:07
Very good news for Inverness concerning booking rate on the new AMS service.

Strong demand for Inverness to Amsterdam flights | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/19/idUS304466823720110519)

NorthernCounties
20th May 2011, 13:39
I'm wondering would anybody know whether its the BHD based crew, or the BHX based crew that operate BE412 on Saturdays. and the BE415 on Wednesdays.

Cheers

BOHEuropean
20th May 2011, 14:56
NorthernCounties,

BHD based aircraft operate those flights

NorthernCounties
20th May 2011, 15:00
BHD based aircraft operate those flights

Cheers BOH!

OltonPete
20th May 2011, 17:32
Any update on the delivery of the first and the likely announcement
of where it will be based.

JetPhotos.Net Photo » PT-TIB (CN: 17000326) Flybe Embraer 170-200LR by Rubens (http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7110533&nseq=25)

Pete

Maverick8701
20th May 2011, 18:08
As far as im aware will arrive late June and enter service start of July......Is the base public knowledge yet? Don't want to get myself into trouble!

NorthernCounties
20th May 2011, 18:22
I remember rumours on here that it'd be in the Channel Islands...

Maverick8701
20th May 2011, 18:33
Well think it has already been said on here not GCI politics with the government was mentioned.....................sure it has nothing to do with the government owning a certain airline!

OltonPete
20th May 2011, 18:57
Maverick8701

On here it has been mentioned it could be Inverness - Gatwick.

BHX I have heard gets at least one later in the year.

Pete

NorthernCounties
20th May 2011, 19:03
I'd doubt with recent news it'd go to Inverness just to serve LGW. There is doubt over the routes sustainability due to increased landing fees at Gatwick. It seems that smaller aircraft based airlines are being targeted as LGW trys to get more passengers through their doors with larger aircraft whilst still having just one runway.

The E175 might help other routes already served from Inverness, if the routes are growing steadily.

Maverick8701
20th May 2011, 19:12
There was talk of INV however believe that it is somewhere else. Anybody else within the company know if it is being openly discussed don't really want to risk my cmd at the next bid!

HidekiTojo
20th May 2011, 19:26
It's going into MAN.

Maverick8701
20th May 2011, 19:35
Um the first ones not......

OltonPete
20th May 2011, 19:44
Not sure why I was so coy with the BHX details as it is posted on at least one site. However it does say subject to change.

5 September BHX-STR-BHX-DUS-BHX-DUS-BHX during the week, Jersey, Toulouse and Glasgow mentioned for the weekend.

Of course Embraer have already issued press releases stating that delivery schedules might slip due to possible delays in receiving parts from Japan (Earthquake related).

Jethro's has May 11 delivery for that very aircraft in the photo.

G-ECOV per skyliner left the fleet today EXT-GLA-RKV.

Pete

Whispering Giant
21st May 2011, 08:31
Heard a rumour yesterday, that first E175 is delayed and wont now be in the the UK untill September and that it's going to Inverness to replace the 195 which will go to Glasgow.

HidekiTojo
21st May 2011, 09:37
INV...that's an old plan.

If my MaverickImanpilotsoontobecpt knows better why not say so....

NorthernCounties
21st May 2011, 10:07
Hear, hear.

OltonPete
21st May 2011, 10:47
If the 175 isn't going to Inverness then they need to sort out GDS, as it shows the 175 starts Sunday 4th September 2011 INV-LGW.

The flybe booking engine shows Q400!

This is the first time I have seen the 175 in GDS, so I suspect it is a fairly
recent addition having last checked a week or so ago.

You would think MAN-FRA, BHX-FRA, BHX-STR would be the priority, especially with the first two competing against re-fitted jets albeit re-directed BMI aircraft.

BHX-MXP in winter as well is still loaded as a Q400 and that makes FRA seem
like a quick spin.

Then of course flybe have two Q400 flights on MAN-CDG although little competition to worry about on that route.

Pete

Maverick8701
21st May 2011, 12:31
Fair enough last thing I was told at EXT very recently is that the first 175 will go to INV but not till Sept it will enter service on time at the start of July somewhere else....

Geo73
21st May 2011, 17:09
21st July 2010
Flybe to launch its new jet aircraft on popular Guernsey route in spring 2011

Islanders will be first to benefit next year as Europe’s largest regional airline flies new E-175 jet on upgraded London Gatwick lifeline service
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline and the UK’s Number One Domestic carrier, has brought forward the delivery of the first of its 35 new 88-seat Embraer-175 jet aircraft to Spring 2011 to ensure Guernsey passengers are the first to enjoy the latest addition to its fleet on what will be an upgraded London Gatwick service.
The decision has been taken to satisfy the long-standing demand for the return of a jet service on this important route on which Flybe will offer up to eight convenient and affordable flights a day from the Island.
Mike Rutter, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer says: “We’ve pulled out all the stops with Embraer, our aircraft manufacturers, to bring forward the delivery of the first of our new E-175 jets so that we can base an aircraft in Guernsey. This means our Guernsey passengers can be the very first to benefit from our newly announced multi-billion pound investment with Embraer.
“We have long been aware of the demands for a regular jet service to and from London Gatwick from Guernsey. We pride ourselves on always listening and responding to our passengers’ business and leisure travel needs and this move is an important reflection of our determination in meeting those demands.”
The Embraer 175 jet offers comfortable 2x2 seating and is in line with Flybe’s product commitment of offering its passengers a minimum of 30” legroom. In addition, both the E-jet’s economic and environmental performance is in line with Flybe’s strategy of only operating A and B-rated eco-label aircraft and investment in lower emission new technology aircraft.
Adds Mr Rutter: “This is really exciting news both for Flybe and for Guernsey and we look forward to welcoming our very first Island passengers on board our first new aircraft next Spring. The combined benefit of our new jet equipment along with Flybe’s growing codeshares across Europe will allow passengers in Guernsey to use Flybe to connect to the world.”

Reply to email sent in March...

Thank you for contacting Flybe, we are expecting an announcement soon regarding this route and the new Embraer 175, but at present we do not have the requested information. All we know at present is this spring, so would imagine the announcement is imminent.
Regards

Customer Relations

jpthomas72
21st May 2011, 21:59
This might be a useful information for some FlyBe customers: They got me very confused when the option "Change flight" wasn't there (I mean no clickable link) in my FlyBe flights list in my account. But then I tried "Retrieve Flight", entered name and confirmation number, I _did_ get the change flight options, and clicking it, an error message basically telling me to remove the FlyBe cookie from the browser ! And then suddenly it worked, also in my account. Their fairly reasonable attitude towards flight changes (esp for somewhat more expensive flights where you still can recover some of your money ) was always a thing I've liked with FlyBe, so was glad this was just a glitch ! I wonder if their IT people would make this more obvious (esp to regular users).

redED
23rd May 2011, 12:07
Link was posted before but here's the image:
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/4/9/6/1922694.jpg

Coffin Corner
23rd May 2011, 14:30
Deary me, those engines look like a pair of bloody hair dryers. Must be quieter than the Trashy 8 though :bored:

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
23rd May 2011, 20:01
Deary me, those engines look like a pair of bloody hair dryers. Must be quieter than the Trashy 8 though http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wbored.gif

I believe they are the same as on the CRJ900? Cityflyer have already had issues (engine changes) on their fleet. Oh well.................progress eh?

OltonPete
7th Jun 2011, 20:12
One GDS has the first 175 as Glasgow based replacing a Q400 on three weekday services to BHX from 4th July.

Then these flights change to the 195 in September and the 175 appears
on Inverness - Gatwick.

Flights are as follows Monday - Friday

BE781 DEP 07.05 GLA ARR 08.20 BHX/ DEP BHX 08.50 ARR GLA 10.05

BE789 DEP 15.15 GLA ARR 16.25 BHX/ DEP BHX 16.55 ARR GLA 18.10

BE793 DEP 18.50 GLA ARR 20.00 BHX/ DEP BHX 20.30 ARR GLA 21.40

I have not checked the weekend schedule or where it goes late morning/
early afternoon.

The flybe site still shows the above as Q400's or at least it did earlier.

Pete

ara01jbb
7th Jun 2011, 20:59
^^^ Think it takes a turn down to Exeter:

BE531 DEP 10.35 GLA ARR 12.05 EXT/ DEP EXT 12.30 ARR GLA 14.00

JC25
13th Jun 2011, 16:38
Flybe will suspend flights from Manchester and Birmingham to Frankfurt with the last flights operating on July 24th.

OltonPete
13th Jun 2011, 21:57
Since this announcement I have not been able to get into the flybe site.

I have been trying since 17.00 on two different PC's, this seems a long
time for a site to be updated and during peak hours (well possible purchasing hours).

Is there any hint of replacement routes for the aircraft or will they be used for something yet to be announced?

Pete

davidjohnson6
13th Jun 2011, 22:38
Assuming JC25 is correct (and I have no reason to believe otherwise), this would seem to mean that Lufthansa (along with its BMI subsidiary) have complete dominance of the BHX-FRA and MAN-FRA routes

I don't have a lot of information on these 2 routes, but I'm very surprised that these 2 routes can't support 2 competing airlines

johnnychips
13th Jun 2011, 23:52
Perhaps a significant proportion of passengers to FRA via LH were using it as a connection? Did FlyBe codeshare to provide connections? (Excuse me if I didn't look back enough on the thread to say this was so)

It's easy to assume that connections via FRA will be to exotic destinations, but quite often European destinations can be reached via there that have no direct flight from MAN (I once did NAP though apparently it's now easier via MUC) or it's just cheaper/easier (done BCN twice).

jpthomas72
14th Jun 2011, 08:41
Can confirm FlyBE is removing FRA-BHX from their booking system, last flight 24th July.

Perhaps a significant proportion of passengers to FRA via LH were using it as a connection? Yes, I'd say >75% of passengers using LH's FRA-BHX (operated by BD) are for connections (judging from who's starring at the departure monitors when you land at FRA, and gets nervous when there is a delay). It's very popular for e.g. GVA, TXL or VNO, in addition to all the long-haul at FRA. Yes, LH now has FRA-BHX exclusively.
Did FlyBe codeshare to provide connections?They had a BA codeshare on some flights, which I think was there esp for the Korean Air jumbo sitting in FRA (via OneWorld). But I didn't get the impression this was used much. So you could call this also a points victory by StarAlliance over OneWorld.

Curious Pax
14th Jun 2011, 09:53
Was trying to book a trip to Frankfurt from MAN in September when I ran into this. Sent an email query to Flybe customer relations this morning, and they have just come back to me confirming that MAN/BHX-FRA are indeed stopping 'due to operational needs'. Only alternative for the date I want is £170 return on LH/BMI.:{

Pizzaro
14th Jun 2011, 10:23
Thought they might have given it a go with the E175?

brian_dromey
14th Jun 2011, 11:02
Korean is a skyTeam member, not one world.

Shame to see flyBE can't make it work to FRA, but I suspect that LH dominates traffic the combination of massive hub connections allow multiple daily flights, which is attractive for the O@D passenger too. LH have quite the operation in MAN, with multiple daily flits to FRA, MUC, DUS, HAM of course LX to ZRH, GVA and BD to BSL and SN to BRU.

jpthomas72
14th Jun 2011, 12:45
brian_dromey, well done in the LH PR department, Miles&More card owner ? All this greatness of LH is also the reason they charge you double the price of BE for a BHX-FRA ticket. Don't even think about booking just a few days in advance, 400 GBP last time I've checked. Lucky we still have AF/KL at BHX, as LH without any competition can get really costly (they did this on Germany-Russia for years). For me, BE BHX-DUS still works, plus some pre-booked trains, just couldn't afford LH. LH has bought-up nearly every small airlines in Europe in their fight for domination, and that's not good. The low-cost travel revolution in reverse gear then ?
On the upside: FRA is too big and complicated for a short-haul and I never liked using it (being German - our view is about the same as the Brits towards LHR).
Curious Pax, for less than 170GBP you can fly BE MAN-DUS and take the fast ICE train (2h or so, 50 GBP). We all hope this will be a E175, not a Q400 anymore.

Curious Pax
14th Jun 2011, 13:35
I was also looking at flights from MAN-CDG, and there you can see the benefit to the consumer of the Air France/Flybe tie up. Before that happened you could get a round trip for £100 or less; now (if you want to travel on one of the first 2 flights of the day) you need £140-£190 to get out, and £70-£100 to get back! I had a look at a range of dates in Sept/Oct and they all told the same story.

Tonyq
14th Jun 2011, 17:37
Not many good news stories coming out of Exeter at the moment. More routes getting chopped, unused Q400's parked up, new ones queuing up in Canada that they don't seem to want/need. And thats before we think about 35xE175's that they are committed to!

I'd like to think that they are just freeing up resources for the big opportunity in Europe that Sir Jim has talked about many times, but in reality, it looks more like further retrenchment, which is not good news with all those shareholders looking on.

Somehow, life seems to have got much, much tougher for BE over the last few months.

Cloud1
14th Jun 2011, 18:51
Lets try not to scare monger Tonyq - I am sure you are much more closer to the mark with freeing up a/c for expansion. Flybe are still in a good position compared to many other companies of their size.

Some good news is that the BA Codeshare has been extended to a number of other routes in the BE network, the three new SOU-France routes are doing well and passenger numbers appear to be on the rise. Its not all doom and gloom just because the good stuff isnt being reported. :ok:

Tonyq
15th Jun 2011, 00:05
Oh Cloud1, you've obviously swallowed the Rutter book of Corporate Spin and BS.......:=

Seriously though, I enjoy using FlyBe, I believe I get good service from them, and with judicious planning and booking, good value for money too.

However, in relation to their stellar performance over the last few years, they do give the impression of going through a rather sticky, and definitely unplanned, patch right now.

However, if they do get back on track to a 100+ fleet by 2015 (as predicted in their prospectus), I'll be as pleased as anyone.

Cloud1
15th Jun 2011, 06:03
Oh Cloud1, you've obviously swallowed the Rutter book of Corporate Spin and BS.......:=
Haha, well that is the sort of reply I would expect. Whatever. However, I see absolutely no point in being negative.

Moving on...

Tonyq
15th Jun 2011, 07:08
I think if you read my whole post properly, you'll find very little negative in there - it is simply pragmatic, realistic and an honest, detached, assessment of recent events.

BE are clearly going through a sticky patch, and are taking several significant actions which were not envisaged at the time of the share sale just six months ago.

Naturally you'll support your employer, and as I said, as a very regular customer, I too want BE to continue to be successful, but it is folly to pretend everything in the the garden is totally rosy.

mathers_wales_uk
15th Jun 2011, 07:42
Well if they want to put a few planes somewhere come October there will be plenty of room over at Cardiff with bmibaby pulling out. Could this be the chance finally for a base at Cardiff?

Heart says yes but head says no

brian_dromey
15th Jun 2011, 08:42
Nope, not an LH miles&less cardholder at all (BD*G, actually).
I don't buy your story of flyBe being the customer champion you say. I was looking at MAN-DUS flights last week, flyBe had worse timings and were about £100 more than the already steep £400 LH return.
With LH I had a choice of flights, free baggage, complementary food and drink on board, a (tiny number given the fare) of miles, and all my BD*G benefits, including priority check-in, security and lounges. Of course I should have paid £100 more for times that didn't suit me, no miles, no perks and a miserable flight on a Q400. :eek:

sawtooth
15th Jun 2011, 08:48
Reported in the Irish media that BE are interested in the KIR-DUB PSO service tender (requirement for 90 seater 2 x daily), and KIR say they are discussing UK routes also, taken together that suggest a based aircraft if they were given the contract.

With BE dipping their toe with NOC-EDI, wonder if they see more developments in Irish market? Lots of opportunities for smaller e-jets or Q400 on routes no longer sustaining 738/320 into Irish airports.

NOC are seeking a hub connection to AMS/FRA and replacements for WW MAN. FR ending BRS and LBA this winter (though FR may keep them seasonal). All showing good loads for a smaller aircraft. WAT also looks like a good niche for BE with no competition?

Deano777
15th Jun 2011, 11:07
sawtooth

Can you elaborate on that contract please? Who is it for? Can you also tell me where PSO is? Google comes up with an airport in Columbia.

Thanks.

cuthere
15th Jun 2011, 11:59
Deano,

PSO is Public Service Obligation, a subsidy paid to an airline to operate routes which are seen as necessary for regional development, but are not commercially viable as it stands. The PSO subsidy for operating Kerry to Dublin is now being tendered for, and BE are one of the airlines who could possibly service it.

Deano777
15th Jun 2011, 12:08
ah ok thanks cuthere :ugh: Maybe I need to go to the opticians, I thought that read KIR-DUB-PSO :sad:

BHX2FRA
15th Jun 2011, 19:36
Sat in FRA at the moment. Did the mid afternoon BE flight from BHX to FRA route via MAN? It was only a few minutes late departing BHX but very late arriving into FRA. Departure from FRA already two hours late - even though flight boards still show only a one hour delay. Flight to MAN from FRA cancelled so guess those travelling to MAN will be bussed from BHX.

I'm on the 2225 LH/BD flight so the 2255 arrival at BHX won't be far behind the 2030 scheduled arrival for BE.

BHX2FRA
16th Jun 2011, 07:16
I'm on the 2225 LH/BD flight so the 2255 arrival at BHX won't be far behind the 2030 scheduled arrival for BE

LH/BD actually arrived ahead of the BE flight: LH/BD due 2255 arrived 2312, BE due 2030 arrived 2320. There was a coach waiting outside the "old" T2, so think my hunch was probably correct.

jpthomas72
16th Jun 2011, 11:56
BHA - FRA via MAN ???I was on the BE FRA-BHX once where we took-in all the MAN people, who were then bussed-away. One of the few I've been in which was properly full. Might speculate that the sudden chopping of BHX/MAN-FRA is not purely for revenue, but also some organisational reasons, i.e. short-haul at FRA enduring long waiting loops at lowish altitude (not good in a Q400) and approaching via Offenbach (or even Aschaffenburg ? :}). They just seem more 'welcome' at DUS (biggest airline there is AB, not LH). We were once too late for the DUS curfue and 'had to go' to CGN (no curfue). Now that's a friendly airport for you. LH is so powerful at FRA, one wonders if there were things behind the scenes. FRA reshuffles a lot with the new runway.

redED
16th Jun 2011, 18:06
Well if they want to put a few planes somewhere come October there will be plenty of room over at Cardiff with bmibaby pulling out. Could this be the chance finally for a base at Cardiff?

Heart says yes but head says no

Flybe have been stung badly by the LGW base, can't see any new bases for a while, although it would make perfect sense, big hole in the market and flybe already operate a couple of through routes.

JobsaGoodun
16th Jun 2011, 19:48
Flybe have been stung badly by the LGW base

Stung how exactly? From what I can gather LGW reduced from two based aircraft to one? but I'm not sure this was down to anything other than the poor economic climate and Easyjet launching on DUS rather than this being a bad decision overall.

Aero Mad
16th Jun 2011, 20:01
This is how they got stung - a fee hike (http://www.thisisguernsey.com/2011/02/10/support-for-aurigny-over-gatwicks-huge-fee-hike/) which affected them and Aurigny.

JobsaGoodun
16th Jun 2011, 20:19
True Aero however, Flybe remain the third largest slot holder at LGW behind BA and EZY so I guess the majority of routes (with the exception of LBA and DUS) still make a good return.

redED
16th Jun 2011, 21:26
I was referring to LGW as a base for aircraft rather than a destination. Easy now moving in on Nantes too. 15 FOs for 1 airframe (average typically 4.5/aircraft).

DomyDom
16th Jun 2011, 22:44
Any likelihhod of the A/C used for the now defunct Flybe slot MAN-FRA being utilised for an ex-BMIbaby slot from MAN?

fredtheanorak
17th Jun 2011, 09:23
I heard 4 aircraft have been sold to African airline with an option on another 4 coming from new production. I suppose 1 frame from BHX and one from LGW. Not sure about the others:confused:

JC25
17th Jun 2011, 10:11
Selling 4 Q400s will not necessarily lead to a reduction in the active fleet - remember that 5 E175 aircraft will be delivered in the coming months.

BHX2FRA
17th Jun 2011, 16:38
On Wednesday it appeared the BHX flight to FRA routed via MAN with the return to BHX only with onward ground transport to MAN.

Today it looks like the BHX passengers returning are the ones with the lengthy journey. It seems that the MAN departure (1608) routed via BHX (1717) and will arrive FRA 2023 [est] - one and a half hours later than scheduled.

The flight back to MAN is currently showing as est 2030 departure - 40 minutes later than scheduled. Again the notified departure time from FRA bears no relation to the arrival time of the inbound. This may route via BHX but Midlanders may be bussed from MAN.

jpthomas72
17th Jun 2011, 17:10
Thanks for the warning, BHX2FRA.
They know they shut-down those routes, so I guess don't care anymore about pax. I have two bookings with them, one next week BHX-DUS, which should be fine, but also a BHX-FRA end-Aug. They haven't yet contacted me about this, and accessing it via my FlyBe.com account gives me an access error. So if someone from FlyBe sees this post, please be aware some folks are already waiting for alternative offers (free transfer to BHX-DUS, I hope).

jpthomas72
17th Jun 2011, 17:53
Thanks, WingoWango, that would help. I have a school reunion that weekend, and am hanging in limbo at the moment due to this.

Check this, the PPRUNE search function is really worth trying:

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/424297-industrial-action-flybe-50.html

More Q400, less E175 then, we'll see !

Yarpy
19th Jun 2011, 11:56
Flybe was featured in the Financial times this weekend and a good case was made for their shares being a good 'buy' at this time. The shares floated last December at £3.40 but have now fallen to around £1.80 and thus the company is statistically 'cheap' and has a healthy cash balance.

Are any Ppruners share pundits with a view on this?

JobsaGoodun
19th Jun 2011, 12:11
Yarpy, I've been monitoring these with interest too.

In general the UK stock market has fallen approximately 8% in May/June this year. Last year it fell approximately 11% in the same period so this is nothing new and so Flybe shares may increase over coming months as the cyclical nature of the market changes. Flybe has been a casualty of this market drop, but it was the report of lower than anticipated trading figures in early May that did most of the damage. Coming so soon after the IPO and with no 'public company' track record to rely on, and a year of what might be classed as exceptional events (hard winter weather and volcanic ash) it's share price was hit hard.

Whilst I've yet to see anyone suggesting that Flybe shares are a 'stong buy', they do seem to be agreeing that Flybe shares are undervalued and they are at least getting a 'buy' rating from many pundits/organisations. Flybe must nearly be ready to report their FY10/11 results soon so it will be interesting to see the markets reaction to these based on the interim report issued in May.

Airlines are notoriously risky stock but to me, after some fairly exceptional events Flybe still seems to be in a pretty healthy state. I guess you could always stick your money in a savings account and look forward to the 0.5% interest :(.......or you could take a punt? :confused::confused:

Guest 112233
19th Jun 2011, 12:13
Errrm look very hard at the signals about the future of other medium sized airlines currently being reviewed by their shareholders. Dig deep into your well of reason and you will see the enlightenment provided by various metals that are becomming increasingly scarce unless we start to mine the moon. As said Airline shares are risky - The serious money seems to be going into commodities.

hapzim
19th Jun 2011, 18:18
Worth a look at the Fly Be thread in Terms and Endearment re Industrial unrest as well for the future. Could be a bit of a dip yet.

jpthomas72
20th Jun 2011, 09:57
Just to report that they still haven't figured-out what to do with existing BHX-FRA bookings after the cancellation date. See error message below for a end-Aug booking, while I can access my booking for this week without problems. So should I call them and pay 25 GBP for 25 min (surely that's how long it will take to sort this out), or just not bother, organise an alternative on FR, EZY, BA or EST. Quite possibly the latter. I believe they have to offer me a full refund at some point.
Unfortunately there has been a technical issue retrieving your booking. Please check the details and try again.
If this persists please call our Internet Support Team on *0906 999 9999‬ (calls cost GBP 1.00 per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher) or International *+44 13 922 685 15‬ for help.I've spotted their Face -book (i.e. Zuckerberg's invention) page, but can't post messages their from my account. With the school holidays, they must annoy quite a few people with this.

Shrimps
20th Jun 2011, 10:06
Looking at the international number, could you not just swap the +44 for a zero and have it charged at a national rate instead? 01392 is the code for Exeter.

freightdoggy dog
20th Jun 2011, 10:44
Cat 111 NDB.....Not only the serious money, but people too.I got out of Aviation after 21 years last year and now work in OGEM ( Oil Gas Energy and Minerals)...best move I ever made, where the filthy lucre is spread to all ranks with bonuses and good times are a plenty....unlike some airlines where the politburo view is
" Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" :eek:

jpthomas72
20th Jun 2011, 16:35
OK ! Should try Exeter then. Also good news from LH: They seem to have released some 'unofficial BHX-FRA rescue fare' tickets for end-Aug at 70 GBP one-way. Many of the flight search engines miss those, but lh.com has them. BE has to rebuild some confidence. Not saying anything official about those route cuts isn't that great, esp for regular users. This is the one and only mention you get even on Google News, and that's only upen investigation by a journalist (or maybe even a fellow PPRUNE punter ? :}):

Flybe drops Frankfurt routes | ABTN (http://www.abtn.co.uk/news/2015939-flybe-drops-frankfurt-routes)

BTW, eh, "Passengers booked between now and July 24th" ? That must be "Passengers booked after July 24th"...

Guest 112233
20th Jun 2011, 16:51
Freight Doggy Dog. - What we are talking about here is the attitude of the "Capital Market Makers" its an age old problem - The financial results are what really matters. The money Men/Women look at things on a very short time scale. If they can generate more profits by providing money to speculative Hedge funds by selling share holdings in a sector, they will do it.

Madness really

CAT III

jpthomas72
23rd Jun 2011, 11:22
That's more for a travel forum, but just in case it's useful to others: My colleague has/had a September BHX-FRA, he phoned them in Exeter on 01392 268529, and they only offered full refund (i.e. no transfer onto LH/BD), which he took, as he got a LH ticket for similar price himself. Still have to try myself, could go for BHX-DUS as an alternative. Still no email from them, and same error as mentioned earlier when retrieving booking on the website, so thanks again to people here for the warning. NB I remember when WW did this (cancelled some EMA-CGN flights), they've sent an email right away, even FR sent email right-away with the option to accept a schedule change or apply for refund just by clicking a button.

jpthomas72
23rd Jun 2011, 11:59
OK, the end of the story: Phoned-up Exeter and they moved me onto their BHX-DUS the same afternoon, free of charge. All's well that ends well then.

IOMspotter
25th Jun 2011, 07:16
except that you presumabley wanted to go to FRA not DUS in the first place:ooh: Lots of rumours here on Fraggle that we re about to get same treatment and loose our BRS and SOU routes.:{

jabird
25th Jun 2011, 17:00
Could always ask them to pay for DUS-FRA by ICE (I expect you will get a frosty response, boom boom).

OltonPete
25th Jun 2011, 21:53
G-FLBH Q400 was delivered to BHX tonight despite rumours that it might
not even see the UK en route to warmer climes. On second thoughts looking
at tomorrows forecast maybe BHX is that warmer clime!!!!!

Is this aircraft going to enter service?

One odd aspect, G-INFO (CAA Site) does not show that the aircraft is
registered as yet, I assume a late Friday afternoon paperwork job and
the website has yet to be updated?

With BHX & MAN Frankfurt ending the first 175 arriving in July and no new
flights starting, I assume something is in the pipeline.

G-JECS, G-JECT & G-FLBG all appear to still be in service having
been stood-down in past for short periods.

Pete

jetstreamtechrecords
26th Jun 2011, 17:40
It seems that the companys results are due to announced on Friday and the Sunday paper says it will show a big swing from profits to losses. I think Jim French will give out details of the cost cuts then to try and keep his city backers happy. The share performance has not been grate:sad:

Pizzaro
26th Jun 2011, 19:30
Sunday Times

NorthernCounties
26th Jun 2011, 19:50
With BHX & MAN Frankfurt ending the first 175 arriving in July and no new
flights starting, I assume something is in the pipeline.

LDY from BHX!? :sad:

NorthernCounties
29th Jun 2011, 12:31
Would anyone know why the drop down menu for LDY - MAN extends to March 2012 now, without any additional flights. Previously it only extended to September. Would this be an error, or could the route be extended?

TechProblem
30th Jun 2011, 11:08
G-FLBH was entered into service on the 29th June.

First 175 will operate on teh 18th July GLA-BHX.

TP.

FR-
30th Jun 2011, 11:57
Underlying profit before tax for the year was £22.3m compared to an underlying profit before tax of £7.4m in 2009/10. Group revenue was up 4.4% to £595.5m and underlying EBITDAR improved 30.9% to £119.0m.

After IPO costs and losses on fuel and foreign exchange hedges (unwinding gains recognised in the previous year), we reported a loss of £4.3m compared to a profit of £24.6m last year. This result is in line with the Board's expectations for the year and represents a strong performance in view of the challenging conditions faced by all airlines in the period.

Flybe ended the year in its strongest ever financial position. During 2010/11, operating cash inflow improved by 21.5% to £18.1m and, thanks to the IPO cash injection, we moved from a net debt (defined as total cash less borrowings) position at 31 March 2010 of £(21.4)m to a net cash position at 31 March 2011 of £21.9m. Net assets amounted to £107.9m.

None of these achievements would have been possible without nearly 3,000 loyal and motivated employees whose talent, commitment and can-do attitude make Flybe what it is today. On behalf of the whole Board, I would like to thank them for their hard work and continuing support.

Conditions in Flybe's current core UK domestic market remain challenging, but Flybe's leadership in this market leaves us well placed to benefit as the market recovers.

JKKne
30th Jun 2011, 16:36
Not sure if this was reported earlier but in my email from BA Exec club they state that Flybe's Newcastle - LGW service is now a BA codeshare.

Quite handy to have a different option when coming back home to the UK. Nothing like a bumpy hour on a Q400 to relieve the boredom

ara01jbb
30th Jun 2011, 17:37
Not sure if this was reported earlier but in my email from BA Exec club they state that Flybe's Newcastle - LGW service is now a BA codeshare.

I also, for the first time in many flights over many years, heard a LGW flight being called at BHD the other evening as a codeshare with BA.

JobsaGoodun
30th Jun 2011, 18:50
I believe that all BE flights ex LGW, with the exception of JER now have BA codeshares. Good news for both companies!

Cloud1
30th Jun 2011, 19:18
Quite handy to have a different option when coming back home to the UK. Nothing like a bumpy hour on a Q400 to relieve the boredom
I think you will find that the flight continues to be served by Flybe just with the addition of a BA fligth number and as such the 'bumpy hour' will remain....

JKKne
30th Jun 2011, 19:48
Oh I'm not complaining.

I'd much rather have a more interesting aircraft after a boring Club Europe shuttle in on an Airbus!

Cloud1
30th Jun 2011, 21:57
Sorry JKKne, thought you were being sarcastic haha. Dont meet many people that enjoy the Q400 as much as I do. Little rockets when they get going.

I wonder if these new code-shares are a sign of things to come in the world of BA and LGW. Could we eventually see BE operating the shorter, regional routes and short European hops as has been rumoured numerous times before?

Whispering Giant
1st Jul 2011, 08:20
Just announced on the LSE and in Copanhagen.

Flybe in Finnair JV1st July 2011 07:42 | FlyBe
Airline operator Flybe Group has acquired Finncomm Commuter Airlines in a Joint Venture with Finnair for a total consideration of €25m plus net cash.

Flybe, Europe's largest regional airline announced today the acquisition of Finnish Commuter Airlines, Finland's largest domestic air carrier in terms of number of flights, in a newly formed joint venture with Finnair, Finland's flag carrier, for a total consideration of €25 million plus net cash in the acquired business at completion.

Completion is expected to take place within the next four to six weeks, and is subject to competition clearance.

Under the terms of the joint venture, Flybe will pay €12m cash and Finnair €13m on completion. Flybe will take a 60% stake in the joint venture, to be known as Flybe Nordic AB, while Finnair will hold the remaining 40%. Flybe Nordic's holding company board will comprise three representatives from Flybe, and two from Finnair.

In addition to acquiring 100% of FCA including 57% of Finncomm Training Centre as well as small IT and charter businesses, Flybe will also make a direct purchase acquisition of 46% of Finnish Aircraft Maintenance.

Flybe's total investment will be up to €23.6m (up to £21.3m), including net cash and loan repayment. Return on investment is expected to exceed 15% by the second full year post acquisition.

Jim French, Chairman and CEO of Flybe, said: 'Partnerships and acquisitions are at the core of our European growth strategy, which is to export our strong and proven UK business model to become Europe's leading and most profitable regional airline. Selective acquisitions offer the fastest and most visible route to profitability in the regional airline sector, whilst partnership with Finnair allows us to provide feeder traffic services under an agreed contract, reducing new route risk. This deal not only meets our stated strategic objectives but is a perfect example of the successful execution of our strategy.

'FCA is a great base to build on, with excellent routes and a talented team of employees. It also has compelling growth opportunities. Everyone at Flybe is looking forward to working with Finnair and FCA, to drive forward our strategy of creating the largest and most profitable regional airline in the Nordic and Baltic States.'

WHBM
1st Jul 2011, 14:26
Another substantial tie-up with a European OneWorld carrier.

Does Jim French see his pension coming from selling out to IAG ?

JSCL
1st Jul 2011, 21:19
Flybe pays £1m less and gets 10% more ownership in the venture? Am I missing something?

Cyrano
1st Jul 2011, 22:44
Flybe pays £1m less and gets 10% more ownership in the venture? Am I missing something?

The fact that flyBE is ultimately paying up to €23.6m, according to the report? The €12m seems to be just the initial cash element - there are also subsequent loan repayment commitments, it would appear.

Cloud1
8th Jul 2011, 21:08
I believe it is only a handful of the G-JED*'s that are owned by Flybe and therefore are for sale. The new registrations I am sure will not be moving anywhere as the airline wants to keep a young fleet.

G-JEDI which is the oldest will be gone

Skipness One Echo
8th Jul 2011, 21:44
G-FLBH the latest one to arrive in the UK has not moved from BHX since
delivery despite a post saying it was in service.

Was this outside the BE hangar at Elmdon on Wed? I flew on G-JECT that very day.

Coffin Corner
9th Jul 2011, 01:38
Cloud1

Not true, the ones Flybe actually own and not leased are JECS JECT JECU. All the JEDx are leased. The ones going to South Africa are:

JECS - JECT - JECU - FLBF - FLBG - FLBH - FLBx

FLBF is in active service, FLBG is being used as an AOG spare, FLBH & FLBx won't enter service. As you can see the new ones are going. FLBF onwards are the 4 Next Gen Q400s.

CC

Cloud1
9th Jul 2011, 09:15
Well this doesn't make sense, why have new deliveries of aircraft and then just ship them off again or use them as spares, normally it is the other way around - would it not be better to get rid of some of the older airframes and keep the newer ones? Also thought it was just 4 going to SA, in your list you have 7? What is happening with the Delta series, some of which are due to come out of service soon?

Obviously what we are being told in Exeter is somewhat different to what posters on here know.

Are any of the newer airframes in fact not going to SA but being held back until August and being used in Finland alongside the ATR's?

Coffin Corner
9th Jul 2011, 10:04
It makes sense because SAE do not want sheds. They purchased the 3 x JECx series off us, and the FLBx ones are brand new (to a point). Basically they have bought the options off us and we will probably make a killing, much the same as we did with Olympic. Olympic bought 2 off us that we owned, JECW & JECV. They then bought the options for a couple (could have been more) more that were were due to get delivered and apparently we made surplus of £6m from that. The reason these aircraft are arriving in the UK is because of a finance issue with the South African government which has stalled the process. It has all been resolved now apparently.

OltonPete
9th Jul 2011, 11:23
Coffin Corner

Thank you for the information.

One GDS is showing that the GLA-BHX service with the 175 has
moved back again from 18/7/2011 to 1/8/2011?

Is this correct and do we know if the aircraft will be doing "a tour"
of the UK (training etc) or straight into service?

I posted some Domestic CAA stats on the BHX thread for the first
three months of the year and although there is no indication of yields
some of the figures ex Manchester look grim especially the routes where
BMIR also operate.

I assume the plan is to wait for BMIR to give in like Glasgow although
the figures on that route are hardly promising but I suppose in line
with the general downturn in domestic air travel.

Pete

Wycombe
12th Jul 2011, 07:01
Interested to note that Flybe can spare a 195 to take part in RIAT (Royal International Air Tattoo, at Fairford, for the uninitiated) for what appears to be the whole of this weekend.....looks like it's in the flying display aswell.

Otto Throttle
12th Jul 2011, 11:05
Interesting if true, and a complete U-turn on the company policy on such matters.

Wycombe
12th Jul 2011, 12:02
We will have to see, this RIAT Civilians (http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/aircraft/participation/Civilians/Visitors) says it's going to be there, and flying.

RVF750
12th Jul 2011, 19:20
It makes every sense to get rid of the younger aircraft as they are different in many ways in the cabin and it removes the fleet a whole year sooner if Flybe decide to replace the Dashes en masse.

What would also make sense is re-leasing some of the very old G-JED#s to fill the spaces in handbacks made by selling the owned hulls and also to fill in later gaps in deliveries that occurred as they got them in batches.

Handing back the next in line as the E175s arrive could well see the fleet handback process condensed from the 10 years spread in deliveries to less than 5 years. if it works it might well play into the compnay's hands as manfacturers work to provide a suitable replacement for the short sector workhorses.

Bring on the lightweight E170s with geared turbofans! Please....

NorthernCounties
14th Jul 2011, 20:39
Can I ask who Flybe operate the Summer seasonal charters for from EDI & MAN?

Cheers

NC

CabinCrewe
14th Jul 2011, 20:46
Some Thomson I think

j636
15th Jul 2011, 00:24
BE operate Palma, Ibiza and Mahan from May 2012, from EDI on behalf of TOM not sure about MAN.

NorthernCounties
15th Jul 2011, 07:15
Cheers both for the info! :)

NorthernCounties
21st Jul 2011, 19:51
There's rumours from one of Carnmanorlads contacts that BE are to extend MAN - LDY year round, and also the introduction of EDI. Anyone known if there is substance to these claims?

Cheers

NC

OltonPete
23rd Jul 2011, 11:21
Q400's

G-FLBJ which was delivered to BHX last week and rumoured to be going to South Africa has entered service today, already operating BHX-EDI-BHX-EGC and I believe it does EGC-EXT next.

G-FLBH has not entered service and just does tours of the airfield at BHX, currently it is reported to be on the 70's.

G-JECU last flight was 17/7, I think it went BHX-EXT and per one site is on a check - is this a pre-sale check, as again this in another one rumoured to be going? G-INFO states "export of C of A" received 11/07/2011 and expected processing date 29/07/2011, which I presume answers my question?

G-JECU SOU based and operating.

G-FLBG is also BHX based and operating La Rochelle at present.

G-FLBF has also been through BHX today.

What is the actual date that the last of the six is expected to go and
is this dependant on 175 deliveries?

As I mentioned on Newquay thread the first week in November requires about
59-61 aircraft operating depending on the time and day with 69 aircraft in
the fleet subject to six Q400 sales and four 175 deliveries.

BTW, cracking BHX schedule day (I know it should be considering the date)
but that has not always been the case in the past, with even the spare
195 working as well.

Pete

Coffin Corner
23rd Jul 2011, 12:21
Pete

These aircraft are being used because there were alot of tech aircraft around the network yesterday, 4 in EDI alone. They are also being used periodically to cover because Flybe expected the 175s to be delivered by now thus substituting these Q400s. The 175's are delayed by about a month. The first one is being delivered next week I believe to enter service the first week in August.
The South African Express deliveries were put back due to a problem with the South African Government & funding. This has apparently been resolved so the Q400s will be leaving soon. I am not privy to any dates though, sorry.

Daysleeper
23rd Jul 2011, 12:47
G-JEDI due for Hand back soon I believe, presumably to Bombardier?

going back to the manufacturer.....would that make it, the return of the Jedi?

I'll get my coat.

JKKne
23rd Jul 2011, 14:31
With BA struggling to make short haul pay at LGW does anyone else see a lot of the routes going to the FlyBe brand as they move concentration to LCY and LHR?

Makes sense to abandon the archaic 737 fleet at LGW and let BE pick up the work

Aero Mad
23rd Jul 2011, 14:35
I suppose that current Gatwick fees would mean that only 195s or 175s would pay their way if Flybe were to launch a larger base there.

Tonyq
23rd Jul 2011, 14:57
Please guys.....BA-LGW short haul to BE........ we've been here so many times before.:ugh:

vectisman
23rd Jul 2011, 15:20
Sorry I don't mean to go off topic but why do some people always assume BA short haul at Gatwick is struggling? This summer flights are operating at high load factors and judging by some of the late fares yields are good. The 737 fleet is fully depreciated and crew costs are low. Three A319s are also operating. Plenty of people will and do pay a bit more for BA over the locos at LGW. For example I tried to get a late booking to Paphos and the fare was very high with only 2 seats left.
Also the LGW pricing policy does not favour 78/88/118 seaters. This will discourage Flybe from expansion there unless yields on certain routes are high. Dusseldorf and Leeds/Bradford already lost this year. Maybe though with the Finncomm aquisition Helsinki could be a future destination. Also a couple of daily flights to Paris and Brussels, currently not served from LGW could work. Yes I know about Eurostar but not everyone wants to use it.
Just a few thoughts anyway.

V.

Skipness One Echo
24th Jul 2011, 19:44
Just on the topic of the newly delivered Dash 8s, G-FLBG / H / J all in service this weekend at BHX, I was rather surprised at the last one pitched up from Beregerac as I thought delivery had been cancelled!

why do some people always assume BA short haul at Gatwick is struggling?
It has been admitted internally many times that the LGW short haul operation loses money. Assuming BA are finally breaking even or even making money at LGW on short haul, why would they want to hand it over to flybe after all this time to get there? If they see a niche for the ERJ170 and ERJ190 then keep it in house and allow BA CityFlyer into the game.

Aero Mad
24th Jul 2011, 20:12
Currently CityFlyer don't have the slack in their network, to the extent that they have struggled to fulfil summer charter commitments. They would need a large E-Jet order to run a Gatwick short-haul operation to the same extent as BA mainline, so I don't see this happening any time soon.

The 734s can fly until 2016 so I wouldn't expect anything until then.

JC25
26th Jul 2011, 22:07
Flybe will start two new routes from Manchester from the end of October:

3x weekly to Knock and 4 x weekly to Newquay.

BFS101
26th Jul 2011, 22:16
Do you know if LDY will continue through the winter??

clareview
26th Jul 2011, 22:31
What is the significance of 2016 for the BA B737-400 fleet?

Aero Mad
26th Jul 2011, 22:44
IIRC, they've had life extension work to keep them going to 2016 at current usage rates.

macuser
26th Jul 2011, 23:17
I'm not sure the upholstery will go to 2016....

BAladdy
27th Jul 2011, 01:32
What is the significance of 2016 for the BA B737-400 fleet?

Below is a extract from a article in flightglobal

"BA chief Willie Walsh told analysts at a 26 May luncheon in New York that the carrier's 737-400 fleet, which is based at London Gatwick, will no longer be replaced in 2012 as previously planned. He says BA has removed this acquisition from its current capital expenditure plan and intends to acquire replacements in 2015 or 2016.
"We had planned to replace them in 2012," Walsh says. "However, we're satisfied that we can just barely stay with these aircraft for another three, possibly four years, based on performance of aircraft and analysis of maintenance activities. Although the aircraft are 16 years old they are relatively young in terms of cycles."
BA opted late last year to prolong the life of some of its 737 'Classic' aircraft by acquiring 20 upgrade kits for CFM International CFM56-3 engines"

BA postpones retirement of 737-400 fleet (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/05/27/326998/ba-postpones-retirement-of-737-400-fleet.html)

An announcement on the 734's replacement is due by the end of the summer.
Have heard that the order will go to Airbus. Rumours are that the order will consist of a mix of A318 and A319, A319 and A320 or A318 and A320.

The new aircraft will all go to LGW.

Now back to the topic of Flybe

Is there any update on were the first E175's are to be deployed?

vectisman
27th Jul 2011, 08:23
With respect the Flight Global article was published in May 2009. Things may well have moved on by now, especially as BA is financially stronger and has reduced many structural costs. As for the upholstery I believe most of the 737s had a mini cabin refit this year as far as seats were concerned, but I stand to be corrected.

Sorry didnt mean to go off topic.

Good to see the new Flybe routes at Manchester.

I am a little surprised they haven't announced plans to expand at Cardiff in light of BMI Baby's departure. I would of thought that ski flights this winter to Geneva and maybe Munich would have been possible. Also next summer the E195 or E175 may be more suitable aircraft for some of the holiday flights to Spain and Portugal. Just a thought anyway.

V.

Skipness One Echo
27th Jul 2011, 15:39
When did the codes change from JY / JEA to BE / BEE?
Was it 18-Jul-2002 when the rename to flybe took place?

Can any guru confirm?

BAladdy
27th Jul 2011, 15:57
Jersey European changed there name to British European back in June 2000.

I believe that the change of brand resulted in the change of IATA code from JY to BE.

The carrier changed the name of the airline from British European to Flybe on 18th July 2002

macuser
27th Jul 2011, 21:30
And I believe when the first Q400 was delivered - G-"JEDI" - there was a plan to change the BE callsign from "Jersey" to "Skywalker", after the founding Walker family, but it never happened. Anybody know anything further?

vulcanite
28th Jul 2011, 07:18
The Co. also got permission from BA to use 'Beeline', then SA Brussels pipped them to the post with it.

Devonair
2nd Aug 2011, 04:23
Flybe Banner ad on homepage and on this link (http://www.flybe.com/offers/sale/) announces a new route from NOC to NQY. I assume this should be MAN-NQY? Has someone in the web team fallen asleep? :rolleyes:

Wycombe
2nd Aug 2011, 06:13
Should be MAN-NQY and MAN-NOC I think ;)

OltonPete
6th Aug 2011, 10:31
I assume flybe are on about plan K now with the 175 EIS?

The 175 has disappeared from the GLA-BHX schedule completely and is now
showing 12/09/2011 on Inverness - Gatwick.

As Embraer admitted a slight delay to some deliveries (flightglobal) and the July press release sort of backs this up which a grand total of one 175 delivered (25 jets in total) in the 2nd quarter of the year although I am not sure what the original target was.

Is this still an ongoing parts problem as the flightglobal article on 4/5/2011 mentions the delays down engine electronics but at least one has been pictured flying on 19/05/2011 and I assume that one has no problem with engine parts although I appreciate spares would be an issue.

Is it likely flybe are being compensated for the delay and with enough aircraft in the fleet at present there is no rush to take them, thus other customers are being prioritised or is this now causing big problems with planning?

Pete

JSCL
6th Aug 2011, 19:16
Flying MAN-BRU Monday morning 7amish flight - someone got some more in depth details for me? :)

Coffin Corner
6th Aug 2011, 23:14
What would you like to know? I can tell you it's a Q400 and not an E195.

JSCL
8th Aug 2011, 20:09
Had an awful flight experience with Flybe this morning, plane had a constant rattle which was fixed for a few mins at the press of a button by the front entrance door at the overhead locker height, but remained constant, have had severe headaches and dizziness all day from it and the three other individuals I have travelled with having similar issues, nice flight other than the constant rattle/severe noise and vibrations which have led to some issues.

jpthomas72
9th Aug 2011, 12:39
JSCL,
I presume you were on a Q400 ? May I comment that the yesterday's weather wasn't great for flying anyway, coming in on a A320 into LHR, some quite nasty turbulence over France. Another problem could have been the ATC computer failure backlog, maybe some planes where flying lower than one would like. Also various showers over London. I thought to myself: Glad I'm not on the Q400 now ! BTW I made it through Ealing and Birmingham unthreatened and unharmed. But was a narrow miss. But that's off-topic here. Well, apart from maybe indicating the Brum does have bigger problems than other cities and this might be why BHX is losing routes...

JSCL
9th Aug 2011, 13:14
Oh I understood the slot restriction delay and heavy turbulence and slight crosswinds landing in to BRU. On a Q400 - severe noise and vibrations - has one member of my party in hospital yesterday and rest of us feeling very headachy, feeling better today. Not sure I'll by flying Flybe again other than the return flight.

Burpbot
9th Aug 2011, 16:03
So your that worried about your health you will fly the return because it's paid for? I suggest if you have a medical issue on any flight you let the crew know, and or contact the airline directly.

Wycombe
9th Aug 2011, 16:11
Could JSCL's experience be due to the NVS being u/s?

Haven't a clue
9th Aug 2011, 16:28
Aye; that's what you get if you take the "Q" out of Q400. Worse than an ATP even!

BTW Wycombe I hadn't seen the NVS acronym until now. And now at last I understand the reason for the G-NVSA/B registrations on the BA Q300s (formerly Brymon's?)

JSCL
9th Aug 2011, 16:46
Burpbot with the cabin crew assuring it is out of the norm, I am hoping for a more pleasant flight home. Rang Flybe this morning, they had never heard of such an issue and for some reason my emails aren't sending through to them.

Cabin crew were aware of ill feelings and advised to have the sickbag in from the seat pocket to hand.

Welshtraveller
14th Aug 2011, 19:41
Hi All,

Please could you tell me which aircraft operates Fly Be's Birmingham to Milan route.

Thanks for your help.

OltonPete
14th Aug 2011, 19:56
Welshtraveller

BHX-MXP

Summer - daily Embraer 195

Winter - Five weekly Q400 (earplugs not mandatory but advisable)

2:35 is the block to block time in the winter, which is good value for money!

I am amazed that the first BHX 175 this winter does not do

BHX-DUS-BHX-MXP-BHX-DUS-BHX rather than 3 x DUS. Although that would require schedule changes at Milan and that might not be straightforward.

As mentioned on the BHX thread the 175 is now showing on BHX-DUS for winter along with INV-LGW and MAN-DUS.

However CDG-MAN was still showing as 1 x 195 and 2 x Q400 the last time I checked.

Pete

Welshtraveller
14th Aug 2011, 20:07
Thanks Pete, very useful. Best wishes.

delta154
14th Aug 2011, 20:16
Airlineroute had GDS showing the E175 on:

London Gatwick – Inverness
BE7321/7320 04SEP11 – 10SEP11 Day 7 11SEP11 – 23OCT11 Daily
BE7325/7324 12SEP11 – 28OCT11 Day x6 (service operates 6 weekly)
BE7327/7326 12SEP11 – 28OCT11 Day x6 (service operates 6 weekly)

Manchester – Brussels
BE597/598 01SEP11 – 23OCT11 Day x67

Manchester – Hanover
04SEP11 – 02OCT11 Day 7

Manchester – Jersey
BE453/458 03SEP11 – 24SEP11 Day 6
BE455/456 04SEP11 – 23OCT11 Day 7

gareth1946
14th Aug 2011, 20:37
which type of aircraft will it be?.going to a wedding.
gareth

BAladdy
14th Aug 2011, 20:47
Should be operated by a E195

gareth1946
14th Aug 2011, 22:53
thank you so much for your help.i wont need earplugs then.much appreciated.
gareth

NorthernCounties
18th Aug 2011, 13:42
Anyone know the problem with the dash at ldy? Staff at the airport sayimg we're delayed to half 3 but still not an engineer in site...

FL370 Officeboy
18th Aug 2011, 14:29
Anyone know the problem with the dash at ldy? Staff at the airport sayimg we're delayed to half 3 but still not an engineer in site...

Hit a bird I think. Can't imagine LDY having on site engineering so I presume one would have to be sent from a FlyBE base.

NorthernCounties
18th Aug 2011, 15:55
Thanks guys. Yeah pilot updated us once on board. Hit 5 birds on approach. Engineer in a be van arrived 2.hours later and gave.the ok within 5mins! Done the flight in 45 mins so great!

OltonPete
18th Aug 2011, 20:54
Here we go again.

175 on INV-LGW now showing 25/09/2011 and MAN-BRU 26/09/2011.

That will be four months after the first one flown.

Pete

OltonPete
19th Aug 2011, 14:39
A curious mix of flights released.

BHX-EDI but not BHX-GLA

BHX-CDG but not BHX-EGC

Only up until June 2012 at present.

Is there a news blackout on the 175?

Pete

JSCL
23rd Aug 2011, 12:32
Emailed Fybe customer relations early August, called up today as had no response, it'll be a few weeks yet as they aren't up to my date yet in dealing with requests. Maybe they need more customer relations staff ?

j636
24th Aug 2011, 12:32
Flybe | Corporate | Media | News archives (http://www.flybe.com/corporate/media/news/1108/24.htm)

BHD2BFS
24th Aug 2011, 12:38
i see flybe have taken on the Donegal to Dublin route, i wonder why they were never interested in the Derry to Dublin route, also does anyone know what the plans are for Derry, have flybe pulled out after attempting the Manchester route?

Stewart28
24th Aug 2011, 12:58
The Dublin to Donegal flights are operated by Loganair.

Chitty
29th Aug 2011, 20:16
there is the first pic of flybe nordic JetPhotos.Net Photo » OH-ATL (CN: 851) Flybe Nordic ATR 72-212A by Harri Koskinen (http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7184476)

JSCL
29th Aug 2011, 20:21
I suppose there's no need to remind Flybe what the b stands for?

ib26uk
29th Aug 2011, 21:04
Should it not say - FlyFe...

Does anybody know when BE recieve their first E175 and which base/what routes it will fly on

Have a few BE flights coming up before the year is out and wouldnt mind trying a E175 !!

Is BE replacing the dash8 with E175s on a like for like basis ?

OltonPete
29th Aug 2011, 23:23
ib26uk

I too have asked the question but the replies have been deafening and I assume some embarrassment is involved.

I can't remember the exact number of delays as the last official announcement (from memory) was problems due to supply of engine parts caused by the Japanese earthquake despite one aircraft had already been
photographed flying in flybe colours before the press release.

I seem to remember GDS showing the first aircraft on Inverness -
Gatwick from the first week in July. The same GDS is still showing
the same route but from 26/09/11.

It should replace the 195 which should then move to Glasgow for mainly GLA - BHX during the week.

The same day also shows the evening Manchester - Brussels as the 175, which then changes to MAN - DUS two daily and one daily Hanover from 30/10/11.

BHX-DUS shows the 175 three daily from 30/10/2011.

The other route mentioned was replacing the Q400 on MAN-CDG twice daily.

Pete

Coffin Corner
30th Aug 2011, 15:58
Pete

The replies have been deafening for obvious reasons. We can't put every bit of company information on a public forum, again for obvious reasons. The jets will be here soon. There's no embarrassing reason behind it.

OltonPete
30th Aug 2011, 17:34
Coffin Corner

Cheers for the update and I fully appreciate the explanation you have given.

My interest other than been nosey was to try the 175 out on the BHX-GLA route, having sampled both the Q400 and 195 several times before.

However the delay means it will be a while before it will operate on a route that I am interested in but never mind.

Also, I heard that some sources stating that the delay was due to problems in the supply chain re engine parts after the Japanese earthquake but others have contradicted this, probably due to the fact one aircraft was already flying around in May.

I must admit the earthquake delay article was actually from a quote attributed to Embraer and not from flybe, although I had heard this was the explanation given to third parties but there have also been alternative suggestions.

However GDS has settled down and 25 or 26th September seems the current date for the 175 début on INV-LGW and MAN-BRU.

Pete

Coffin Corner
30th Aug 2011, 20:13
Pete

I haven't heard the rumour about the Japanese earth quake and engine delay. There was an initial delay in production for whatever reason, but this latest delay is a minor "technicality" that seems to be dragging it's heels a bit.
We're all frustrated with it. We thought they were going to be online in July, then it was the first week in August, and now it's not until next month. There's also a fair few crew trained up and on standby down in Manch waiting to fly her.

CC

LGS6753
30th Aug 2011, 20:17
Chitty -

Thanks for the photo of the FlyBe Nordic Atr.
I note the web address ends in .ee; what country is that, and why not Finland?

OltonPete
30th Aug 2011, 20:33
CC

Sounds like another case of 2+2=5, someone has seen the Embraer article and assumed that this was the reason.

Just as a point of interest the Embraer site shows in total 136 of 189 175's delivered leaving 53 outstanding plus 285 options (quite a few flybe's) but only one aircraft was delivered in Q2 and three in total in 2011 compared to 39 190/195's.

LGS6753

ee is Estonia as the aircraft will be rotating through Tallinn I believe.

Pete

frfly
3rd Sep 2011, 14:56
Heard that a flybe dash 8 operating Birmingham to Stuttgart made an emergency landing and evacuation in Hahn yesterday! Anyone have more info?

Tonyq
3rd Sep 2011, 15:41
Simply Google! 'Flybe' and 'Hahn' and abracadabra, the answer appears...........

Frankfurt-Hahn: Flugzeug musste wegen Feuergefahr landen - Nachrichten Panorama - Weltgeschehen - WELT ONLINE (http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/weltgeschehen/article13582200/Flugzeug-musste-wegen-Feuergefahr-landen.html)

Burning smell detected by cabin crew - false alarm.

OltonPete
3rd Sep 2011, 15:43
frfly

Incident: Flybe DH8D near Frankfurt on Sep 2nd 2011, smell of smoke in cabin (http://avherald.com/h?article=442587b2&opt=0)

46 on the Stuttgart, you can tell it was a Friday!!!

Just arrived back at BHX within the last hour although it was a different aircraft to the one mentioned in the article so I assume the errant one is still in STR.

Pete

Ps. The second 175 has flown per another site 14/07/2011.

jpthomas72
8th Sep 2011, 14:44
I assume the errant one is still in STR. HHN, that is. But likely has returned to the UK by now. No need to wipe the existence of HHN out of your memory, just because FR decided to ditch HHN-BHX :}. This was the first-ever Q400 at HHN I believe. HHN has a super-long runway these days (3800m), and is much less busy than FRA. Good choice to do an emergency landing. I think the inside of a Q400 quite often smell a bit odd. So glad they bring-on the E175.
Report with picture:

Allgemeine Zeitung - Brandgeruch zwingt zur Landung (http://www.allgemeine-zeitung.de/nachrichten/polizei/11128222.htm)

Nothing (!) in the UK media about this (at least Google News UK finds nothing). Not newsworthy then.

adfly
10th Sep 2011, 10:04
A smaller find but I have just found on the SOU timetable for February the early morning MAN flight on a Sunday is now scheduled to be operated by an E175, presumably one of the MAN based ones.

BOHEuropean
10th Sep 2011, 14:52
adfly,

Looks like it will fly MAN-SOU-GNB-SOU-MAN so that'll be MAN based crew/aircraft

TCAS FAN
10th Sep 2011, 17:49
Apologies to all concerned if I have missed something, but just where is the first E175 delivery?

Cloud1
10th Sep 2011, 18:48
175 delayed AGAIN I am afraid

Deano777
10th Sep 2011, 21:48
First one should be delivered the 3rd quarter of this month.

Cloud1
10th Sep 2011, 22:23
Should be but wont be, now October

Serenity
11th Sep 2011, 10:35
I believe 2 are ready for delivery, another shortly.
Problems with finance!!!!?

Cloud1
11th Sep 2011, 11:19
No idea, the line given was "external influences outside of BE control" - something still to do with Japan?? So I am guessing by this that maybe the aircraft are not quite ready for delivery afterall.

Judging my the frustrating changes constantly having to be made to schedules, I believe BE want them asap.

Lord Spandex Masher
11th Sep 2011, 11:25
I believe there are at least 3 ready for delivery/acceptance, just sitting around gathering dust.

Nothing to do with Japan or readiness.

Serenity is closest but it's not a problem getting the finance it's more finalising the finance. If you know who the finance is with then you'd understand that it might be a rather time consuming exercise.

Serenity
11th Sep 2011, 14:30
Who, who???

Rbs?? Lloyds?? Greek share holders??

Snigs
13th Sep 2011, 13:25
From my understanding it's just a paperwork issue. Flybe are paying for the whole fleet in one go, which is a lot of money! The lending bank are going through the loan contract with a fine toothed comb (quite understandably) which is taking a little longer than expected!

Still, IMHO it's a good move for Flybe, with Dashes going tech left right and centre, surely the 175 will be more reliable!

Devonair
15th Sep 2011, 12:19
With the sad demise of air sw and PLH airport will flybe increase capacity on any routes out of EXT?

OltonPete
15th Sep 2011, 20:51
Change in GDS since last night

Inverness - Gatwick now showing 24/10/11 as the 175!!!!!!

Manchester - Brussels now showing Tuesday 11/10 as the 175

However GLA-BHX shows the 195 on 3 flights also 11/10.

Possibly the INV might be brought forward as the 195 is
supposed to move from INV to GLA when a 175 arrives.

BHX-DUS 3 daily 175 still in for winter.

Pete

Skipness One Echo
15th Sep 2011, 21:35
Does this mean that INV can't support the ERJ-195 any more?

mizake the mizzen
16th Sep 2011, 15:30
As a frequent psgr on this route with Flybe I have to say its been rare when the E195 has been full, exceptions being xmas, bank holidays and easter, so I'm guessing not. In Winter they have used the DH4 on the mid afternoon iso E195 with the E95 being parked up at INV from the morning arrival (11:10) to the afternoon dep (17:05).
Maybe the Yields are good as not everyone is an EZY fan. BE are my preference even though they are usualy more expensive than EZY.

Shame really, but most importantly is they maintian the frequency regardless of aircraft size.

Anyone know how INV-AMS is doing? 'official line' is sales above expectation, so fingers crossed BE can sustain this.

TechProblem
20th Sep 2011, 22:58
The 1st 175 slots are showing in MAN for the 26th.
They are usually changed 3 weeks in advance by flybe if that type of aircraft is not going to operate it.

1st slot is 3124 CDG STA 10:55 from CDG
Then operating the mid day CDG and coming back.
However that 3124 usually departs MAN as the 3123, that is showing as a dash currently.

The 27th is a bit more conclusive, showing the 175 departing as the 3123.
The departure time has also changed on both days, from 06:45 to 06:50am.

Regards,

TP.

Welshtraveller
25th Sep 2011, 16:06
Looks like there is a new flight from Manchester to Calvi on behalf of Corsican Places starting next May :-

"We are also pleased to announce a brand new Manchester to Calvi (http://www.corsica.co.uk/Default.aspx) flight, flying every Sunday from May 27th to Sept 12th, on a brand new Flybe 75 seater aircraft. The flight will enjoy good flying times, leaving Manchester at 8.30 am and departing Calvi (http://www.corsica.co.uk/Default.aspx) at 12.50pm".

Good news, may travel on this flight myself. :)

Burpbot
25th Sep 2011, 17:47
75 seater?

adfly
25th Sep 2011, 18:13
Q400's seat 78 so its probably just a minor typo.