PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe - 6

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

learjet50
16th Jul 2009, 20:32
Gentleman

Fly Be will grow and grow they are a go ahead airline and will be the No 1 British Regional Carrier for a long time.

They operate routes on which other airlines have failed

They have a good product/Good Aeroplanes and more especially execelent crews

I wish them all the best wishes for continued sucess

P S I do NOT work for Fly Be

Otto Throttle
17th Jul 2009, 08:45
From the article;

Mike Rutter: "Jim (French, Flybe's chairman and ceo) was put in the corner with a dunce's hat".

Place your bets on how much Jim has chopped off his salary for that remark? :}

Glad to see we have 77 aircraft now. Wonder which fleet we have been secretly expanding? :ugh:

Serenity
17th Jul 2009, 11:04
Secretly expanding????
145`s + 146`s are all gone.
Q400`s, the orders were common knowledge and on Jethro`s to all to see
195`s , the recent courses were cancelled, so guessing no new a/c in the near furture!

did i miss a fleet?? :confused:

Chesty Morgan
17th Jul 2009, 11:29
No you didn't miss a fleet. However, the recent 195 course wasn't cancelled but postponed by a couple of months.

There has been movement from the 195 right seat to Dash left seat recently and with the advent of the Athens contract and "something in the pipeline" for the 195 there is a requirement, again, for 195 F/O's.

peeriebreeks
20th Jul 2009, 08:56
Didn't British World use two ATR72-500 (G-OILA/B, IIRC) on oil contracts? Did they only operate into Sumburgh?

Yes they operated successfully into Sumburgh only, for a few years. Replaced (unfortunately) by ATP's to improve the crosswind capability..:O........... and reduce the price:rolleyes:. at that time Scatsa had only a small operation -

virginblue
20th Jul 2009, 19:04
Picture of first a/c in OA c/s:

http://skyliner-aviation.de/photos/LNWDV.jpg

LGWAlan
21st Jul 2009, 13:32
Anyone know whether the DH4's will be operating specific routes only within Greece or just as and where? Having dificulty pickin up availability from Islands back to ATH for a variety of dates lately - when I can see the flights on Amadeus - just never any availability.

MUFC_fan
21st Jul 2009, 14:12
Flybe’s top five UK summer holiday routes for 2009 are:
1. London Gatwick to the Channel Islands, Guernsey and Jersey
2. London Gatwick to Belfast
3. Inverness to London Gatwick
4. Edinburgh to Southampton
5. Edinburgh to Birmingham

I am surprised at number 4 and 5. Would have expected Manchester to feature in there somewhere.

Bookings up 11%, availability up 7% - a rise in load factor me thinks!:D

OltonPete
21st Jul 2009, 15:08
MUFC_fan

BHX-EDI should do well from next week as they almost have a
monopoly with BMI Baby sending their planes to the Med rather
than Scotland.

I travelled BHX-EDI in August 2 years ago and had a choice of
four flights a day Monday - Friday. This is year it is one daily
Monday - Friday, no Saturday service and double daily Sunday
(During August).

No wonder flybe bookings are up on this route and so should BHX-
GLA as Baby have cut that to six weekly until September.

Pete

dingodiva
21st Jul 2009, 15:33
MUFC

Can we really believe any stats emanating from Flybe?
Rutter Quote:
"Civil Aviation Association (CAA) statistics recently verified that Flybe is the UK’s number one domestic carrier, it also being the biggest UK domestic carrier at London Gatwick in terms of passenger numbers, a statistic that is borne out by Flybe’s top five summer holiday routes, with three of its top five routes operated out of the country’s second largest airport. These numbers were supposedely based on April and May actuals.

Where do we find these numbers? CAA statistics for UK airlines have just been released for April (not May). These show Flybe carrying 416182 pax at a 62% load factor and 25% total UK domestic market share. Flybe carryings for April09 down 3.5% year on year,and load factor down 1% point Easy carried 437028 with load factor of 75%

manx crab
21st Jul 2009, 16:15
Interesting spin from Flybe, why are the Channel Islands grouped together, yet INV is not grouped as Scotland etc.

Statistics can be made to say anything.

G-FLYB
22nd Jul 2009, 13:31
Of course, you know that 87.635% of all statistics quoted are made up ;)

Jamies80085
22nd Jul 2009, 14:27
interesting.... does anyone know what routes the 195's operate out of Manchester?

Whispering Giant
22nd Jul 2009, 14:32
MAN based 195 goes Milan, Milan, Milan and Guess what ????? - Milan.....
and the occasional charter route at weekends.

MUFC_fan
22nd Jul 2009, 14:33
There is one based I believe which operates:

MAN-MXP-MAN-BHD-MAN-MXP-MAN

I think an aircraft operates from SOU time to time.

Jamies80085
22nd Jul 2009, 14:37
thank you :)

MUFC_fan
22nd Jul 2009, 15:05
SOU

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Dublin
Leeds/Bradford
Dubrovnik
Split
Geneva

EXT
Salzburg
Geneva
Dubrovnik

Anymore - please add.

adfly
22nd Jul 2009, 15:11
thanks mufc new Q
how many aircraft are based in each base(e195&q400)??

Skipness One Echo
22nd Jul 2009, 18:35
ACARS database search - acarsd ACARS Decoder for Linux and Windows (http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html)

If you try under the registration box G-FBEA to 'EN and EXT as the airport that's the whole picture of where they fly em to.

Cloud1
22nd Jul 2009, 19:06
The SOU based also operate to JER on certain days, although I think only ever consistently on a Saturday during the summer.

The EXT one does not fly to Salzburg anymore, this was replaced by the Q400. It now, during the winter, operates the Geneva and a Chambery charter.

TechProblem
24th Jul 2009, 07:03
Most of the week it does a double MXP. But Fridays LDE is still in the picture.

Saturday MXP then VRN. One a195 is flown in from BHD to operate a PMI Saturday afternoon, this then departes back to BHD the day after.

CLY Sunday morning followed by, yes uve guessed it, MXP ;)

Again, I think on a Friday there is a BHD-MAN-BHD mid day.

Sometimes, a 195 operates the 2nd SOU of the day during the week.

TP

Vuelo
24th Jul 2009, 21:26
IS it true BE are to announce Madrid from Manchester using the 195?

TechProblem
26th Jul 2009, 15:03
It has been a rumour for some time, but not sure where the 195 would could from.
I can see it on a dash..... :rolleyes:

TP

Tonyq
28th Jul 2009, 23:46
Does anyone know for sure (no guessing please):bored: which aircraft are going to service the Greek contract. There is a lot of conflicting information floating about on the web.

Jethro's has G-JECW, G-ECOE, and brand new G-FLBD/E as going and 'OE has been photographed in Olympic colours, albeit still with LN reg, from its stint with Wideroe.

Some sources also mention G-JECV going, as well as 'CW, but that seems to be too many.

The waters are further muddied by reports that 3 of the 8 brand new Q400's orders which Olympic announced in June are to be aircraft already built for BE. This makes some sense, as the Olympic order was for 5 Q400 Next Gen. and 3 'classic' models. Why buy the classics, unless there was some degree of urgency or compromise to get earlier slots? Are FlyBe deferring aircraft, selling them out right or leasing them to Olympic, to bring back when times look better.

Answers on a postcard, please.......:O

Maverick8701
29th Jul 2009, 08:27
Not sure about the others but G-ECOE is definatley going saw it in the hangar the other day in Olympic colours...pretty smart when I was in EXT. One of my mates is flying it out to Greece later this week.

M

Cloud1
29th Jul 2009, 21:39
G-ECOE, G-JECW, G-JECV and two of the newbies so you are correct Tonyq.

Can't go into too much detail but BE are leasing 4......

ALLMCC
30th Jul 2009, 19:25
Reported elsewhere that BHD - IOM ends on 23 October, no surprise there, I'm sure Manx2 will breath a sigh of relief. Also heard that Loganair may take over BHD - INV and/or ABZ to free up Q400s. Any truth in this?

Serenity
7th Aug 2009, 18:13
So Easyjet have applied for x3 daily LGW/DUS slots??
Will this have any bearing on Flybe at LGW , or are there other plans afoot??

Maverick8701
7th Aug 2009, 19:12
Since you mention it Stelios was spotted at EXT being shown around....................just kidding! I'm sure its just some healthy competition with Easy and Flybe 2 biggest European/domestic carriers there. Although definatley wouldnt rule out some sort of Flybe/Lufthansa/BMI (regional baby or both) tie up/sale/alliance.

Watch this space

ALLMCC
10th Aug 2009, 21:56
Noticed on Jethros today that the next three new Q400s in the G-FLB sequence appear to be going to Olympic Air and have been allocated Greek registrations. Strangely they also seem to have been allocated UK registrations G-PTHA, B and C. If they are going to Olympic, why the UK registrations?

BluffOldSeaDog
10th Aug 2009, 22:05
PTH - possibly Pantheon?

akerosid
12th Aug 2009, 12:37
"Noticed on Jethros today that the next three new Q400s in the G-FLB sequence appear to be going to Olympic Air and have been allocated Greek registrations. Strangely they also seem to have been allocated UK registrations G-PTHA, B and C. If they are going to Olympic, why the UK registrations?"

I think it is becausa they are wet-leased; the aircraft would have to be flown by British crews. I guess the arrangement to lease was done with the approval of the aircraft's owners/lessors, who insisted on their being wet rather than dry leased.

Tonyq
12th Aug 2009, 16:07
Here's one theory on what's happening here. Perhaps the FlyBe insiders could confirm or deny if it's on the right track. :rolleyes:

The aircraft allocated the UK markings G-PTHA/B/C are not part of the 12 month leasing deal mentioned many times previously. Those aircraft have been correctly identified before and are starting to go to Athens.

The press release below, dated June, is about the Olympic/Pantheon order for their own Q400's and mentions 8, of which 5 will be 'Next Generation', which implies that 3 won't be. Also says that delivery will commence in July 2009 - order was only announced in June 2009.

New Q400 aircraft for Olympic - XpatAthens.com - Business (http://www.xpatathens.com/news/20157)

So, it appears that these 3 aircraft are the July deliveries mentioned, and they, (or at least the build slots) were part of the undelivered element of the FlyBe order for 60 frames, and the slots have been sold/exchanged/given to Pantheon so they can expedite the receipt of their own aircraft. Obviously all with Bombardier's agreement, hence their inclusion in the order, rather then a sale by Flybe, which wouldn't count as new orders.

This also enables FlyBe to slow down their own deliveries and manage capacity better.

If this senario is right, it raises a few questions:-

1. Will FlyBe get new slots in the future or are these in effect cancellations, reducing their end fleet to 57.

2. Why are they passing through the UK register. Likely something to do with finance, or import to EU, or similar, I guess.

3. Where do the 4 ex-SAS aircraft (G-ECOV/W/Y/Z) fit into the picture? They were going to go back to Bombardier as the 4 aircraft previously with Wideroe returned, but they still seem to be around. I wouldn't be surprised if their continued use with FlyBe, at favourable rates, is part of the bigger picture.

Just my thrupence worth.:hmm:

OltonPete
16th Aug 2009, 14:34
A busy Sunday at BHX for arrivals and departures.

G-FLBD arrived yesterday in full Olympic colours and departed this
morning for Athens.

G-PTHA Q400 was delivered to BHX just after midday in an all white scheme I believe.

In respect of G-PTHA was it ever bought by flybe (and then sold on to Olympic) or is it just part of the leasing arrangement, which sees
G-PTHA/B/C go to Greece and remain with Olympic?

Following on from the above and the previous post, what aircraft do flybe own (Q400's and 195's) and which ones are leased?

Whatever the answers are to the questions in the previous post and this one, it does seem that the flybe management certainly keep their options open when it comes to their fleet.

I notice that BHX has two based 195's scheduled to fly most days during November and they have retimed the early morning Belfast from September, changing it to a 195 so that it can operate 8 sectors if necessary (BHX-BHD-BHX-MXP-BHX-EDI-BHX-GLA-BHX).

Pete

ALLMCC
16th Aug 2009, 15:15
According to the CAA Info database, G-PTHA is owned by MIG Aviation (UK) Ltd who are presumably a leasing company. The CAA database is probably the best way to check whether individual aircraft are owned or leased by Flybe.

Eh Hello?
16th Aug 2009, 15:30
MIG Aviation (UK) Ltd is probably something to do with Marfin Investment Group, since March 2009 the owners of Olympic Air/Pantheon Airways. No idea why the UK registrations, maybe tax, maintenance, certification or some Flybe-related reasons?

OltonPete
16th Aug 2009, 16:40
ALLMCC

You are quite right the CAA site G-INFO does show "chartered" or "owned"
and the 195's all show chartered but the Q400's are mixed.

However G-FLBA-D are owned and ECOR & ECOT.

The early Q400's show chartered.

Pete

Tonyq
16th Aug 2009, 17:23
MIG Aviation (UK) Ltd is a UK company, registered as a shelf company in April 2009, which changed it's name to MIG on 1st July.

Probably a vehicle created just to facilitate this deal.

Techman5
16th Aug 2009, 19:24
Just used the FlyBe 195. What a comfortable plane. It is far more comfortable than EZY 319, MON 321 or FR 737-NG.

I know it was brand new, but if they are as well finished up front (or in the EE bay) as they appear to Px, then Boeing and Airbus better watch out.

Maverick8701
17th Aug 2009, 16:30
Sure MOL pulling out of MAN will do wonders for BE's MXP/DUS/FRA if BE still operate them? Anything else they compete on?

Dash-7 lover
17th Aug 2009, 22:09
Sounds like someone has more aircraft than they know what to do with. As this is a rumour forum any truth in the plans to abandon the 195's altogether in favour of the 400's as times are hard??

macuser
17th Aug 2009, 22:19
The prop Q400 is a remarkable bit of kit for Flybe. However, they still need the E195 jet profile on main routes to promote their image. I dare suggest the initial JE/BE/Flybe success was based around the 146 Jet.

Skipness One Echo
17th Aug 2009, 22:21
they still need the E195 jet profile on main routes to promote their image
....and on routes where it's the better aircraft and is needed more.

macuser
17th Aug 2009, 22:32
Skip 1 E

Have you been on a 195? Longer than an A320, I read. Good experience. Q400 is fine until the last 20 feet vertical !!!

cheesycol
18th Aug 2009, 00:54
Dash7lover:

No truth to that one - as far as I understand a productive winter plan ahead.

Otto Throttle
18th Aug 2009, 13:19
Sounds like someone has more aircraft than they know what to do with. As this is a rumour forum any truth in the plans to abandon the 195's altogether in favour of the 400's as times are hard??

I don't know why you would say that. As things stand, it is planned that BE will have no grounded aircraft over the winter, unlike almost every other major UK airline. That sounds to me like they know exactly what they're doing with their aircraft.

As for the E195 rumour, not a chance. Passenger loads currently demand the use of the 195, and in terms of cost, it has proved to be as popular with the management as the passengers. It's here to stay for the forseeable future.

FL370 Officeboy
18th Aug 2009, 14:28
Dash 7 lover is a renowned BE basher from the one of the other airfields in Devon. He/she is probably just trying to stir it up. Bit childish really.

Wycombe
18th Aug 2009, 15:29

Re. the Greek Q400 thing - sounds more to me like good business, finding a creative (and presumably profitable) use for what would otherwise have been spare aeroplanes and crews during a downturn.

At least on the basis of their PR machine, Flybe seem to be riding out the downturn pretty well, will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves at LGW, SOU, EXT, BHX, MAN, EDI, INV, JER, CWL and others (LBA, NQY, MSE!) when the upturn starts to properly show itself.

rouelan
18th Aug 2009, 15:49
In a (usually) reliable source providing schedules, I noticed that BE were pulling out of these routes next winter. However, flights still open for sale.
Any info ?

cornishsimon
18th Aug 2009, 18:07
At least on the basis of their PR machine, Flybe seem to be riding out the downturn pretty well, will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves at LGW, SOU, EXT, BHX, MAN, EDI, INV, JER, CWL and others (LBA, NQY, MSE!) when the upturn starts to properly show itself.

As far as NQY goes i wouldnt be surprised to see something happen here. If and when they do something here i would of thought it would be in direct competition with SZ, perhaps re-introduce the GLA, perhaps EDI running with a NQY based aircraft.

Also NQY are desperate to find an airline to operate into Europe, AMS, CDG and some year round German routes

uncovered
19th Aug 2009, 08:24
Flybe are not pulling off these routes. EXT goes single daily for winter. SOU is unchanged.

IOMspotter
19th Aug 2009, 18:22
Just heard that IOM is losing a LPL rotation this winter:{ Airlines pulling out of here like rats deserting the sinking ship. Last week Eastern this week VLM . Arran reduced LCY and now BE reducing LPL:{

FS01
19th Aug 2009, 19:12
IOMspotter where have you been hearing this? The only possible cut to LPL would be the BE603 on off peak days Tues Wed Thurs. The same happened last winter when LPL was between 3 and 4 flights a day. :eek: With the DHSS contract however it seems unlikely this would happen. All the booking systems still show 4 a day :ok:

Haven't a clue
19th Aug 2009, 19:36
IOMspotter

Arran reduced LCY

I'm aware of the failure to fly the midday rotation on some weekdays during the summer - no problem for me and colleagues as the money went to BE - but are you saying that these reductions continue through the autumn/winter? If so their committment to the route must be in question.

OltonPete
19th Aug 2009, 21:29
I checked BHX's winter schedule a few weeks ago and then tonight
and there have been considerable upgrades.

There seems to be 3 based 195's scheduled at times, BHD is increased
back to 6 a day Tu-Th.

Frankfurt was downgraded to double daily but is back at three daily
in the week.

The mid afternoon Q400 from EDI is now showing as a 195. The 15.05
departure to EDI which was a Q400 is now a 195.

Paris goes back to four daily Thu & Fr

Other small increases such as additional GLA & ABZ's added on a
Tuesday as well of course of the double daily IOM M-F.

Having said that, as the IOM changes to an away based aircraft
and the first out BHD operates then to MXP as a 195 there are
two less aircraft based compared to last winter but still a very neat
and busy looking schedule considering the West Mids has the highest unemployment level in the UK.

Pete

Cloud1
30th Aug 2009, 23:18
Understand that possibly 2 Embraer 195s may be off to Pantheon / Olympic over the winter.

Any news on the Scatsta contact with the Q400s? I know on the Eastern Airways thread they are adament they retain the contract however I have not found anything to support this. I guess BE do not need this contract now but it would be a nice addition and allow them to free up a number of Q400s....

Dash-7 lover
31st Aug 2009, 19:05
FL370 Officeboy.

Terribly sorry to upset the apples. Your assumptions are partly correct but just passing on stuff I've heard from the flying troops hence this forum. Must be hard now the BA cash has dried up? Still got mine - thanks chaps.

Anyway moving on....

FL370 Officeboy
31st Aug 2009, 19:23
Dash-7 Lover,

I'm not getting involved in a battle of wits with you, as I see you are unarmed.

Basically, your posts are generally wrong as are your general assertions.

Cloud1,

I have heard that the E195 deal isn't going to happen. Olympic are allegedly plomping for Airbus. I would be happy to be corrected but that is my understanding.

Cheers.

Han 1st Solo
31st Aug 2009, 20:08
Flybe definately not got the Scatsta contract, or thats what the email from Ian Baston says which is pinned on the flight crew notice board in the crew room in MAN, says something like they didn't want to change the contractor or words to that effect so to my mind that in itself implies Eastern have retained the contract.

Han.

OltonPete
31st Aug 2009, 20:47
Now in Olympic colours but operated BHX- Stuttgart today per another site

Is this aircraft leaving for good, as wasn't "CV" and "CW" the ones offered
for sale?

Another brand new Q400 was delivered to BHX today (G-PTHB), which was for flybe but now going direct to Olympic (painting first) -

Never a dull day with flybe.

Is CW still going as well and if so when?

Pete

j41cac
5th Sep 2009, 23:04
Eastern got the Scatsca I hear or does anyone know otherwise:confused:

Serenity
6th Sep 2009, 11:18
Believe that is correct, as far as i can work out for 2 reasons;

- the rotary contract has/is changing and they didnt want to change the fixed wing contract at the same time.

- With several a/c tied up for the next year in Athens, Flybe didnt need the Scatsta contract as much as before, infact may even have been short units for it!

RVF750
7th Sep 2009, 09:11
The reasons given were posted earlier, and though I'm sure Flybe would have preferred to get the Scatsa contract, the fast remains that with the Athens one, and loads more airlines around the world looking to Flybe for help for similar startups, the company can get by without it.

Some others looking to the contract may have needed it far more desperately, Eastern included,

Drink Up Thee Cider
9th Sep 2009, 13:29
I see Flybe today announced they've got £4.3 million funding from the government (well, the learning and skills council at any rate) to help build their Training Academy in Exeter - £24 milllion project. Apparently the sims leaving FAB to go to EXT as part of the deal.

I hope no-one's told Lord 'trainspotter' Adonis that the government is investing in an industry as wicked as aviation! Heaven forfend that taxpayers should support one of the nation's few remaining industries of note..........

davidjohnson6
9th Sep 2009, 13:39
Drink - Commercial air transport as practised by FlyBE moves people and goods around, it doesn't involve the manufacture of widgets as a primary purpose. Therefore it's a service rather than industry.

.... Ducks for cover....

bcn_boy
11th Sep 2009, 11:32
Anything in the pipeline for CWL from FLYBE next summer? Second phase released and nothing yet for the Cardiff timetable.

Maverick8701
24th Sep 2009, 17:38
I have heard from someone on the ground in Jersey (claims to know somebody on the BA board) that a deal is "nearly" complete for BA to purchase BMI and that as part of the deal BA will pass Baby/Regional onto little brother Flybe while BA concentrate on LHR.

I stress this is just a rumour but am wondering if anybody else has heard this. I know this is "old" news however this is the first I have heard that a deal is pretty much there with Lufthansa.

Watch this space I guess! Be good to see if anybody has got any contacts.

RoyHudd
24th Sep 2009, 18:28
Heard the same from inside. But no details. I fear the asset-stripping will not be gentle. And I have mates in Mainline and Baby, who independently fear the outcome. There are no other takers for either, nor Regional. No real surprises.

Maverick8701
27th Sep 2009, 13:59
Not heard that Flybe would be interested in a solo bid. Have they got big cash reserves? Im sure BMI would need them even it it was broken up.

Flybe enters race for British Midland - Times Online (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article6850810.ece)

stormin norman
27th Sep 2009, 14:31
Its makes sense for BA to get some LHR slots via the back door with their 15% in Flybe, with
perhaps Flybe selling on the slots BA want for a small premium.

Keith Williams (CFO) of BA is stating that the company finances are still on a knife edge for the next few years so i cannot see them splashing the cash just yet.

LD12986
27th Sep 2009, 18:02
Not heard that Flybe would be interested in a solo bid. Have they got big cash reserves? Im sure BMI would need them even it it was broken up.

Flybe enters race for British Midland - Times Online (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article6850810.ece)

I think the "industry sources" may be posters on here! I think The Sunday Times has now covered every possible buyer of BD in the industry.

goatface
27th Sep 2009, 20:19
The article goes onto suggest that the Flybe/BMI deal would not come under the scrutiny of the Monopolies & Mergers Commission unlike any offer from BA/Virgin etc.
I dare say that Easyjet, Ryanair and a few others would have something to say about that.

OltonPete
29th Sep 2009, 17:39
You could say ATW go one better quoting Jim French

ATW Daily News (http://www.atwonline.com/channels/routesAirports/story.html?storyID=18023)

Some interesting points here, none more so than the statement
saying that it is not just Regional that interests flybe.

Also goes on to mention the Olympic deal.

Pete

BluffOldSeaDog
29th Sep 2009, 18:11
9 Dash8's being wetleased? Far as us drivers knew the deal was for 4 going to the Olympic operation, 2 of which were staying and 2 returning after the deal's conclusion

Facelookbovvered
29th Sep 2009, 18:12
Flybe's interest is no surprise, but i doubt they'll get it handed on a plate in the way they picked up BACON, although bmi Regional is loss making at present there would be large savings to be made by intergrating Regionals operation with Flybe's in both terms of management cost and aircraft, regional have the wrong aircraft for their route structure (ERJ v D400) Aberdeen based but with all the real levers controlled in the Midlands there must be millions in duplication to saved.

LH would probably have to fund both redundency cost and aircraft lease cost to make it less risky and throw in some LHR routes to boot. (EDI-LHR?)

LH would be left with med haul "stans" and baby and a lot of overheads, baby might go to Jet2 or SMB (if he doesn't get his telly job) or merge with German Wing. The rest would be up to the highest bid Virgin/ba/ Arab carriers

OltonPete
29th Sep 2009, 19:16
BluffOldSeaDog

I think they might have more than four already but I must admit I am a bit confused on the current postion but here is my attempt from Jethro's
acarsd, G-INFO and airframes.org: -

G-JECV sold (removed from Jethro's last flight per acarsd 21/9)
G-JECW sold (removed from Jethro's last per acarsd 12/9)

G-FLBD seen in HER last week in service for Olympic
G-PTHA never came to BE, owned by MIG now SX-OBA (went via BHX)
G-PTHB never came to BE, owned by MIG now SX-OBB (went via BHX)
G-PTHC nover yet delivered still showing due at BHX on Jethro's

G-ECOE ex Wideroe went to Holland for painting now with Olympic?
G-ECOF not sure where this is but G-INFO states application to restore
to UK register from Norway expires 29/09/09!

G-FLBE for Olympic per Jethro's - assuming it is not G-PTHC then this
could be the 9th or G-ECOC which is due back from Wideroe as well.

I would like to know why "CV" & "CW" were chosen for sale rather than say "DI" & "DJ" or even "CE" & "CF".

Pete

RVF750
30th Sep 2009, 14:39
Lower hours, nicer mod state, fully owned thus a good cash earner?

They certainly landed better than most!

TechProblem
30th Sep 2009, 15:29
Dont think they will ever sell GJEDI, because of the reg JEDI! :rolleyes:
Who have CW/CV gone to?

Might be something to do with the hold config's, some of the older dashes are better for the ski routes.

FL370 Officeboy
30th Sep 2009, 18:35
CV and CW have been sold to Olympic.

OF is currently being prepared for delivery to Athens on the wet lease.

OC is still with Wideroe but will eventually return to the UK operation.

FLBE is yet to be delivered but will be going straight out to Athens on the wet lease.

EGTE
30th Sep 2009, 18:57
G-ECOF had been at Exeter in Olympic colours as LN-WDW for a week or so. Departed for Greece within the last 2 days.

Coffin Corner
30th Sep 2009, 21:37
ECOF left Exeter for Athens this afternoon.

jimbo canuck
1st Oct 2009, 20:33
FLBE left Toronto on delivery this morning in all-white colour scheme

FS01
10th Oct 2009, 09:05
Does anybody know what the situation is with the Greece bound Q400's? When are the full number going to be in service with Olympic and what is the set up for maintenance etc will they be returning to EXT or will it all be done in Greece? Just asking out of curiosity more than anything, as I have seen a number of Olympic livered a/c in Flybe service in last few weeks :p

Kezler
10th Oct 2009, 09:39
I'm going down to Athens on Tuesday, saw the final Olympic aircraft in Norwich yesterday in all white. That should be number 4. Got my schedule for the time down there as well, Mikonos, Santorini, Corfu, Alexandroupolous, Kefalonia, Thessaloniki, Mytilene, Kos and Limnos. Don't even know where half those places are...hope they're in the FMS.

See ya in Athens,

K

Coffin Corner
10th Oct 2009, 11:06
Kezler

Can you pronounce any of those places? Let alone find them on a map ;)

Serenity
5th Nov 2009, 09:19
I see the Flybe brand has crossed continents now for a new code share with Etihad.

LGWAlan
5th Nov 2009, 15:05
cheers to the crew on the OA600/1 ATH-CFU-ATH on Tuesday - glad to get off CFU after the thunderstorm activity over the airfield earlier that morning.

Baltasound
11th Nov 2009, 20:41
Flybe/Loganair.. are running the summer only service from Sumburgh to Bergen again:

Loganair announced today that it would operate scheduled services in summer 2009 between Shetland and Bergen in Norway.
Loganair intends to build on the success of this year’s programme when nearly 1400 passengers used the twice weekly service. From June 2nd to the end of August 2009 Loganair will operate on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The addition of the Thursday service gives the tourist great flexibility and choice of holiday arrangements.
Loganair’s Chairman Scott Grier said: “We, of course, were aware of the important historical and cultural links between Shetland and Norway and we knew of the great disappointment that was felt when the Smyril ferry service between Shetland and Norway was discontinued last year, but the high demand for our air services exceeded our expectations. We are delighted with the results of our 2008 programme and look forward with great confidence to our increased operation next year.”
Andy Steven, VisitScotland’s Islands Manager, said: “The fact that this direct flight is increasing its frequency is great news for tourism businesses in Shetland. Loganair is clearly building on its previous successes with this direct route which will provide further opportunity for Shetland to capitalise on opportunities for growth. We look forward to welcoming an even greater number of visitors to Shetland and wish Loganair every success with this development.”
Loganair’s Shetland – Bergen services for summer 2009 will go on sale through the reservations system.
Flight details are:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
BE 6863 Depart Shetland 1110 Arrive Bergen 1330
BE 6864 Depart Bergen 1410 Arrive Shetland 1430
Saturday
BE 6863 Depart Shetland 1410 Arrive Bergen 1630
BE 6864 Depart Bergen 1710 Arrive Shetland 1730

Reverse booze cruise for thirsty Vikings....?

combineharvester
11th Nov 2009, 23:03
With regards to the above, quite correct! running between mid May and mid Aug 2010.
Isn't that press release of yours from 2008 referring to the 2009 schedule? This summer past we also operated a Bergen - Kirkwall, for thirsty vikings who were also into their cheese and shipwrecks :ok:

Baltasound
12th Nov 2009, 16:50
:\ Oops so it is. I was just surfing the HIAL site (as you do), saw the release and posted without registering the dates.

It's the Force 12 gales, they empty your brain....:}

Still, nice to see it back and one day I may get to take advantage.....

Devonair
13th Nov 2009, 21:31
Any ideas when BE/EY flights will be bookable or available in the GDS?

EC-ILS
14th Nov 2009, 01:39
Not sure about the GDS but they are already on sale on the EY website.

Devonair
16th Nov 2009, 02:22
I checked the EY website and couldnt see any BE/EY codeshare flights to EXT or SOU. The flights to BHD and BHX seem to be BD and Air Brussels codeshares.

Love_joy
16th Nov 2009, 10:01
From the press statement

Please note these services must be booked through the Flybe Customer Call Centre.

devon_guy
18th Nov 2009, 13:36
Looking at the Flybe website there are absolutely no flights to France next year other than Paris which has gone down to once a day. Are we to assume they have gone never to return? I always thought the loads were quite good.

Wycombe
18th Nov 2009, 13:57
I think you'll find that's because BE haven't released most of their Summer schedule as yet! - but I imagine it must be imminent.

On the subject of French destinations, there are a number from SOU operating right through the Winter (Bergerac springs to mind), and also Avignon which is a Winter route for the first time.

devon_guy
18th Nov 2009, 15:20
The French routes are all bookable from other airports though so I find it odd they aren't from Exe.

planenut321
18th Nov 2009, 19:28
Because BE haven't released most of their schedule yet, what are the chances on new routes? Especially from CWL?

Wycombe
18th Nov 2009, 21:55
Like I said Devon guy, some French routes are bookable, because they operate through the Winter (I don't think that happens at EXT).

BE released some of their Summer schedule, but as I said before, not all of it yet.

Another example of a big gap currently is most of the Summer routes they operate from JER to some of the smaller regional points in the UK - but no reason to think yet that they won't return against next Summer.

lfc84
23rd Nov 2009, 16:55
IOM-BRS - new route

and

JER-BRS - resumes

full details on the flybe site

airhumberside
23rd Nov 2009, 17:23
JER-BRS is not new. It has just been slightly increased in frequency for next summer

L G Double-Yew
24th Nov 2009, 19:08
Any idea why BE have cancelled so many NQY-LGW flights in Jan? Seems they are down to just one flight on some days unless I'm reading the website wrong? Should be good news for ASW.

GayFriendly
25th Nov 2009, 06:22
Are BE planning to do Croatia in 2010 as scheduled flights from BHX or SOU? I am assuming not but Croatia still on their route map albeit with no destinations marked. If not need to book another flight as prices already creeping up with EZY from LGW.....thanks in advance for your help!

Cloud1
25th Nov 2009, 17:27
The full schedule is out next week so please could everyone wait until then???

Gayfriendly - I dont know but you will find out soon. EXT-DBV resumes next summer but not sure about SOU or BHX. A lot of speculation in other threads but to be honest it might be a load of bull as conflicting info so ignore it. We shall all find out next week

fanrailuk
25th Nov 2009, 17:52
Is it definate that the summer 2010 schedule is being written in concrete next week? Where are these facts from?

Thnx, PP ;)

GROUNDHOG
25th Nov 2009, 18:03
I guess the sad collapse of Holiday Options ( Croatia specialist) will have an impact on the Croatia market?

Maverick8701
25th Nov 2009, 18:03
I guess it would make sense to wait till next week so they could see what LH's plans were for BMI and whether they could react to anything......although nothing I can see from the press release. Any ideas?

ALLMCC
25th Nov 2009, 20:20
I e-mailed Flybe last week asking if the BHD - JER would be returning in summer 2010. I received a response saying that the full schedule would be released in the first two weeks of December.

Serenity
27th Nov 2009, 11:04
Now Flybe have pretty much saturated the UK domestic market and most of France (summer anyways), why dont they do more flights to other european countries such as Italy, Spain, Austria, Norway, Switzerland and so on..

They have crews with good experience, a/c with the range, the dash is good for 2 hrs+ and the 195`s dont do a lot at the moment, and they operate from big catchment airports like Manchester, Gatwick and Birmingham!

Why stop at destinations just on the doorstep???

Deano777
27th Nov 2009, 12:03
Because they fly niche routes, thus staying away from direct competition.

mrmagooo
27th Nov 2009, 16:41
Flying niche routes is true, but having excess aircraft doesn't make sense. From what I heard there were as many as four 195 doing nothing last weekend. Flybe dont like competition which is fair enough, but with aircraft not doing anything new routes could be looked at, Man- Madrid for instance isnt served since BA stopped it quite some time ago. I could possibly see Flybe going to a 1 fleet company.......

Dash-7 lover
27th Nov 2009, 17:42
L G Double Yew. Airlines reduce frequencies on some low yield routes through the winter but on this route it's surprising. I understand the NQY-LGW schedule has been reduced due to crap loads and to save face they wont can it altogether. The local press will have a field day if they do after all the initial bravado and hype.

Anyway you may find Flybe might be concentrating on ex-BMI fodder currently. The vultures are circling LHR.

GayFriendly
29th Nov 2009, 06:19
The local press will have a field day if they do after all the initial bravado and hype

That never seems to bother FR ;) Launch a route, drop a route as is the case at BHX! At least BE don't just open up routes willy nilly then bin them without any regard for their passengers. However I was always a bit surprised with the NQY-LGW choice and it would seem there is not enough demand to go round in the winter months.....

jpthomas72
29th Nov 2009, 10:02
That never seems to bother FR http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif Launch a route, drop a route as is the case at BHX! At least BE don't just open up routes willy nilly then bin them without any regard for their passengers.
Yes, you can't repeat this often enough ! FR at BHX is a disgrace, they check if a route is <70% full and then it's choped. NRN was vaguely higher than HHN, so they chop HHN. On my last HHN flight, we had many business people (Saarland, Luxembourg), it had clear potential. Clever passengers could also nicely combine one-ways with FlyBE's FRA for example. I can tell you the new Germanwings MAN-CGN was packed, this was surely also due to FR's big mess-up at BHX and MAN. FlyBE is getting good money from me again now, as they have the only afternoon BHX-FRA (The LH evening flight is too late to travel a bit further from FRA). Pity though they use the Q400 for this, I'd prefer a jet engine, but sure, not enough people to justify the E195. BTW, the route I really hope FlyBE would try is BHX-TXL/BER, but I know, dream on...

INKJET
29th Nov 2009, 10:19
Flybe accounts for 2007/8 (year end March) were published on the 3rd of Sept 2008. Next Thursday they will be 3 months late, a company of this size that plans a public flotation in 2010 should have published by now, what are they hidding? bury bad news over the Xmas period or are they having trouble counting all they money they have made.

Pizzaro
29th Nov 2009, 10:19
Flybe lifts off in £300m stock market float - Times Online (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article6936254.ece)

Intersting news ?

TechProblem
29th Nov 2009, 10:40
Regarding the 195's not being used at the weekend, the reason is the ski flights will kick in soon.
So there was no point using them to do Sch services just to stop them again a few weeks down the line.

TP

OltonPete
29th Nov 2009, 11:45
Certainly seems as if BHX has at least 5 Ski flights over the weekend
from the third week in December.

I believe this is one down on last year but still not bad.

Pete

Serenity
29th Nov 2009, 12:31
Flybe lifts off in £300m stock market float - Times Online (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article6936254.ece)

SO if Flybe floated next year, would one of the major airlines take a controlling share??
BA, Virgin, LH, KLM, Etihad ????

JAR
29th Nov 2009, 12:34
BA already have 15% share and BACF will have 13? Embraers which with FlyBe's 14 Emb 195s could become one airline?

FL370 Officeboy
29th Nov 2009, 14:04
BA already have 15% share and BACF will have 13? Embraers which with FlyBe's 14 Emb 195s could become one airline?

I truly hope not.

Maverick8701
29th Nov 2009, 14:15
I was under the impression BA were looking to sell there 15% for somehwere in the region of 50m. Wouldn't rule out one of the UAE guys eg Emirates or Ethiad.....BE have just signed a new codeshare with Ethiad could be the start of things to come......maybe not but I can dream!

Pizzaro
29th Nov 2009, 19:12
PLease BA sell your shares. Still haven't got over Citiexpress/Connect shambles !!!!
That's my night's sleep ruined !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EI-BUD
29th Nov 2009, 19:25
I cant imagine that BA would sell BE 15% for as little as 50M, if I remember correctly as part of the BAconnect deal BA made a significant investment towards fleet etc.

Not sure of the specifics but even though BAconnect were losing money surely BA expected to make a Net return on the whole deal.

No doubt BA in these difficult times will want to offload non core assets to release cash? And as regards Emirates, judging by the state of the economy I am sure they are having their own challenges so might not be as easy as coming in and buying up small commuter airlines.

It fascinates me or maybe i am missing something but do most airlines avoid competing with BE.

Ryanair seem to avoid them like the plague.
Baby dont have an nice experience in competing markets.

Possibly the combination of smaller aircraft with low fuel burn on high frequency routes make the challenge great to airlines who would need to compete with bigger aircraft. Take a market like Belfast/Glasgow. Not necessarily a perfect example but Ryanair flying to PIK and BE to GLA but BE numbers were not effected.? Ryanair did so poorly on loads on twice daily.

On the other hand when Flybe come up against Air South west a small commuter airline with reasonably similar equipment they dont fare as well??

All Comments welcome.....

EI-BUD

cornishsimon
30th Nov 2009, 00:05
id actually like to see what happens if and when SZ decide to expand the fleet and routes!

looks like BE jumped on 2 SZ routes hoping to kick then off the route and actually only remain on the LGW-NQY route having dropped the GLA route!

my money would and does go to SZ as a local operator and long i hope they continue

CS

mrmagooo
30th Nov 2009, 17:11
From my basic understanding you only normally float on the stock market if you need money. As flybe have apparently been doing ok through the recession would this suggest they need the money for expansion or taking over another outfit???

FS01
30th Nov 2009, 18:53
The S10 schedule seems to show 5 based a/c at IOM? :eek:

BE273 LGW 0950

BE163 LTN 1000

BE497 BRS 1000

BE814 MAN 1005

BE603 LPL 1055

The schedule suggests the LGW/LTN/BRS operate from the inbound LPL/MAN/BHX a/c and the LPL from the LGW inbound. But where does the 5th a/c or MAN come from??

It doesn't look like any originate from other stations either :confused:

any suggestions

Maverick8701
30th Nov 2009, 19:00
W pattern from somewhere?

FS01
30th Nov 2009, 19:04
possibly but it doesn't look like it.... the example dates i have looked at are in June. While the SOU goes back to being SOU based it only has a 25 minute turnaround at IOM.

It could be a W and with the full schedule not released yet that is a possibility. however most existing IOM routes are for sale. Only NQY seems to be missing :confused:

Otto Throttle
30th Nov 2009, 20:21
From my basic understanding you only normally float on the stock market if you need money. As flybe have apparently been doing ok through the recession would this suggest they need the money for expansion or taking over another outfit???

Partially correct. Flybe don't need the cash from a public listing in the sense of keeping the business afloat, but in any business cash is king and is always welcome. The Walker Trust effectively still own Flybe, and it has always been the intention for them to divest the airline in order to channel the funds from the sale into other areas. The majority of any proceeds would go here and not to Flybe.

Flybe have indeed been doing OK throughout the recession, and I'm sure any flotation would indeed be useful, and release cash and additional funding to the airline. There has never been any secret made by JF that Flybe is an acquisitive enterprise, and should the flotation occur, there is every possibility that if the right opportunity presents itself, Flybe may well take advantage of it.

CheekyVisual
30th Nov 2009, 21:07
To answer the question about BA's share holding in Fly Be. BA became a shareholder in fly be because they were desperate to be seen to be getting rid of BA Connect on a bad news about profits day for Willie Walsh !

The deal hinged on fly be's flotation and BA being able to sell their stake for cash. Fly be wanted the business but didn't have the cash so BA accepted the equity on the basis that a future flotation would allow them to sell their shares and recoup some money from the BA Connect fiasco. Which they will do.

Dash-7 lover
30th Nov 2009, 23:42
I suppose some of the cash could be used by the Walker Trust to plug Blackburn Rovers £20million bank debt?

Serenity
1st Dec 2009, 10:30
and floating again ...

Flybe ?may consider? an IPO | ABTN (http://www.abtn.co.uk/news/3013466-flybe-%E2%80%9Cmay-consider%E2%80%9D-ipo)

also appears on the BALPA website, do they know something or are they just jumping on everyone elses bandwagon??

JC25
1st Dec 2009, 12:59
In response to the press reports over the weekend, Jim French sent out a communication to staff and said that Flybe's board have no immediate plans to float the company. It's a possibility in the future, but at the moment niether the market or the company are ready for an IPO.

He also clearly stated that if/when an IPO is to go ahead, he will tell the staff and not the press.

aeulad
2nd Dec 2009, 14:49
New route Durham Tees Valley-Jersey weekly for S10. Humberside-Jersey also back. Good news.

Regards

Mike

airhumberside
2nd Dec 2009, 15:11
Also new is PIK-JER. But no sign (yet) of MSE-JER

flyOU
2nd Dec 2009, 15:40
SOU-SPU is also back...

adfly
3rd Dec 2009, 15:00
SOU-SPU??-wheres SPU???

Maverick8701
3rd Dec 2009, 15:19
Split in Croatia isn't it?

Coffin Corner
3rd Dec 2009, 15:27
It certainly is :)

flyOU
3rd Dec 2009, 19:18
yes - yesterday it was possible to book, but today Split is not listing

NickBarnes
3rd Dec 2009, 19:29
EXT - NWI is back for the summer 4x a week :), as is Guernsey - Norwich but that was announced a few weeks ago:ok:

aeulad
5th Dec 2009, 13:14
NEW! Summer 2010

Weekly Saturday Southampton-Verona

Regards

Mike

FL370 Officeboy
5th Dec 2009, 14:29
EXT-NCL-HAJ-NCL-EXT is new

ALLMCC
6th Dec 2009, 01:31
Interesting article on Flybe here

Flybe #1 UK domestic airline; 62 active aircraft spread across 16 UK bases this winter including fast-growing Gatwick | anna.aero (http://www.anna.aero/2009/12/04/flybe-1-uk-domestic-airline/)

HH6702
6th Dec 2009, 10:39
Still hoping ncl will see a 3rd based aircraft next summer!

assymetricdrift
6th Dec 2009, 10:42
HH6702 - are't we all!!

adfly
6th Dec 2009, 11:19
Will this service take the place of the weekly dubrovnik service as that was also on a saturday I think??

MARKEYD
6th Dec 2009, 11:54
The Verona service is linked to an Inghams Holiday service next year from Southampton much like Dubrovnik and Split were with Holiday Options until they ceased trading last month . Southamton has also picked up a Fly Be charter to Palma next summer on a Thursday instead of the usual Thomson Air flight which has been regular for a few years

Palmair are operating to Dubrovnik from Bournemouth though next summer so not sure if there will be enough demand on that route

Notice that Exeter is missing a few French destinations next year Nice , Brest and Avignon ?

Exeter has picked up a Dubrovnik charter operated by Fly Be on behalf of Balkan Holidays next year and Southampton is showing Split and Dubrovnik as well although would appear not to be loaded into system yet

GayFriendly
6th Dec 2009, 14:07
I have been led to believe that the next wave of summer 2010 route releases is next week, woudlnt mind betting thats when EXT will see its French routes. As for DBV and SPU, have heard SPU from EXT and SOU and DBV from BHX (BHX-DBV has been bookable on Balkan Holidays website for a while)

Wycombe
11th Dec 2009, 09:22
Looks like the full Summer schedule is now out:

Flybe announces 16 additional brand new routes in 2010 sizzling summer schedule
Leading regional airline operating 3,738 summer flights a week serving key airports

Flybe, the UK’s number one domestic airline, has today announced the addition of 16 brand new routes to its full Summer 2010 programme that includes those serving Birmingham, Exeter, Guernsey, Jersey, Manchester and Southampton as well as another new European route from London Gatwick where the airline is the largest UK domestic carrier: new destinations include those in regional France, and Verona in northern Italy. This means that travellers have an extensive selection of a total 3,738 Flybe summer flights a week from which to choose!

All Flybe’s previously announced Summer 2010 routes, together with those of its franchise partner, Loganair, are now available for booking through to October 30th, 2010; the complete 2010 summer schedule now on sale at <link removed> for travel effective 28th March with prices starting from £22.99 one-way including taxes and charges.

Highlights of Flybe’s brand new summer routes include:

Birmingham: Avignon (3xweek), Bordeaux (4xweek), Limoges (3xweek) and Rennes (3Xweek)
Guernsey: Edinburgh* (3xweek) and Belfast* (2xweek)
Jersey: Once weekly Prestwick and Durham Tees Valley
London Gatwick: Limoges (3xweek)
Manchester: Avignon (2xweek), Bergerac (3xweek) and Limoges (3xweek)
Southampton: Verona (weekly)
*Subject to licensing approval from the States of Guernsey

Flybe’s other brand new summer routes also now on sale serve the German city of Hannover from Exeter – with a through running service via Newcastle - and Newcastle direct; and a Bristol to the Isle of Man service.

In addition to all these brand new routes, other highlights include the return of the airline’s popular French regional routes from Exeter to Avignon, Bergerac and Rennes together with services to Dubrovnic and Norwich.

Also returning for Summer 2010:

Aberdeen: Jersey
Belfast City: Jersey
Birmingham: Bergerac, Brest, Dubrovnic, La Rochelle, Split, Toulouse
Edinburgh: Bergerac, Rennes
Glasgow: La Rochelle
Inverness: Jersey, Southampton
Isle of Man: Southampton
Jersey: Aberdeen, Belfast City, Dundee, Humberside, Inverness, Nice, Southend
Manchester: Brest, La Rochelle, Rennes
Newcastle: Limoges
Southampton: Avignon, Bordeaux, Brest, Dubrovnic, Isle of Man, Limoges, Perpignon, Rennes, Split, Salzburg and Toulouse

Maverick8701
14th Dec 2009, 18:20
Will Flybe be helping to pick up the pieces of the BA strike with their spare 195 capacity then?

BFS101
15th Dec 2009, 12:07
Can anyone confirm that BE are dropping Belfast City - Rennes for summer 2010?

quazz
1st Jan 2010, 15:03
Anything wrong with JEDI? It doesn't look like its moved in over a week?

Deano777
1st Jan 2010, 15:36
Is it still in LGW?

ALLMCC
1st Jan 2010, 15:52
BFS101, Belfast City to Rennes has been dropped for 2010. It seems to have been replaced with a direct Guernsey link running on Wed and Sat from 21/07 to the 28/08.

quazz
1st Jan 2010, 15:56
yep still in LGW, with a set of engineering steps under the left wing

goldeneye
2nd Jan 2010, 15:44
BE are operating some charters on behalf of TUI Travel from EDI to IBZ and PMI.

Maverick8701
2nd Jan 2010, 15:57
Sounds good goldeneye any idea of the dates? or a summer long thing 195 I take it?

aeulad
2nd Jan 2010, 17:52
NEW!

Scheduled Humberside to Malaga

Summer Saturdays May-Sept

Regards

Mike

goldeneye
2nd Jan 2010, 18:40
Maverick8701
Sounds good goldeneye any idea of the dates? or a summer long thing 195 I take it?

TUI's BE Edinburgh Charters are as follows.

IBZ is a weekly flight every Saturday from 1st May through 23 October (30 oct last inbound)

PMI again weekly every Sunday from 13th June with last inbound 15th August.

OltonPete
2nd Jan 2010, 18:55
Thomsons have BHX - FAO 18/7-15/9 on Sundays BE9113 07.30/14.10

The EDI flights as mentioned above are also in the Thomson timetable
as well.

Can't find where the Humberside originates from in the UK as SOU & EXT
to AGP on Saturdays return straight back to their respective airports.

Hasn't BHD and the IOM got IT flights as well?

Pete

airhumberside
2nd Jan 2010, 21:00
There are indeed some IOM-PMI/MAH charters

BFS101
3rd Jan 2010, 13:41
As far I as know BHD only has Verona as IT this summer (Thomson and Crystal), in addition to the usual Channel Island flights.

BE9103 BHD - VRN on Saturdays 07.30/20.25

Last year BHD did have a BE Reus on behalf of Thomson in addition to the BFS flight (Falcon), but this year is solely from BFS.

Cheers ALLMCC for confirmation re Rennes, Pity.

Wycombe
4th Jan 2010, 09:29
On the IOM thread, there is mention of IOM-PMI charters on the Q400.

That must be BE's longest sector on the aircraft - I had a quick play on the Great Circle Mapper and it is more than 900 NM.

I'm guessing around 3hrs block time?

Flightlevel001
4th Jan 2010, 10:11
Not sure... Perhaps longest scheduled block time, but BE often to and fro Q400s down to Athens and usually get there non-stop...

TechProblem
10th Jan 2010, 08:02
IOM-PMI, do-able, manly because the MAN-MXP ops on a dash at the weekend and doesnt go over the mountain's.

So im guessing its about the same distance.

TP

Jamesair
10th Jan 2010, 15:53
assuming that the three new Guernsey route applications (NCL/EDI/BFS) are approved....do they plan to operate them in 2010?

ALLMCC
10th Jan 2010, 18:19
Both the EDI and BHD (not BFS) are bookable on their website. Strangely the NCL isn't.

Serenity
12th Jan 2010, 10:54
So how will Flybe forge ahead in 2010?
They have a great starting point having remained well above the recession waters, so how will they capitalise?

The competitors seem to be busy;
Eastern ; x2(3) Embs from LHR
BMI(R) ; new routes to BRU from NCL & BRS
EZY ; 3 more a/c for LGW

What next for Flybe???

bcn_boy
12th Jan 2010, 11:11
With any luck some decent expansion from CWL to BRU, DUS, FRA, HAJ and MUC and some of the med routes. Maybe more, but even Guernsey would be a start.

Jamesair
12th Jan 2010, 11:51
and maybe something more to Germany and Scandinavia from NCL and Guernsey hopefully.

Tonyq
12th Jan 2010, 13:48
What is the current situation with outstanding orders for Q400's?

In their report published in late 2008, they indicated that they had firm orders for 60 Q400 aircraft, to arrive by October 2009.

To date, they have taken delivery of 56 brand new aircraft (the last was G-FLBE) and three future delivery slots were passed to Olympic last summer. This seems to leave one aircraft outstanding and possibly three more to come, if the Olympic slots were deferred to a future date and not cancelled altogether, or the frames simply sold to Olympic unused.

I am aware that a further four a/c from the BE fleet are currently operating for Olympic on an ACMI basis, and are indirectly replaced by the ex-SAS ones (G-ECOV/W/Y/Z), which are not part of the 56 mentioned, with a further two leased (or sold?) to Olympic (G-JECV/W) and now on the Greek register. Overall, this all means they currently have an active fleet of 54 Q400's in the UK market, 50 delivered new, plus the four ex-SAS ones (are you keeping up!).

Does anyone know if BE have now permanently revised their Q400 fleet size downwards, or if there are still four to come, and if so, when. The answer must have a material impact on their future plans for expansion, development or acquisitions.

ALLMCC
17th Jan 2010, 12:16
Interesting report here - since when did Flybe have CRJ900s?

BBC News - Nigel Mansell's jet damaged at Exeter Airport (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8464075.stm)

Ringwayman
17th Jan 2010, 12:18
err...from the story in the Mail on Sunday: "The Bombardier CRJ-900 involved in the incident, shortly before Christmas, is not owned by Flybe, which offers engineering services to both private operators and other carriers."

Jamesair
17th Jan 2010, 16:11
The NCL - Guernsey flights are on sale now, operates Tuesday and Saturday from 10th July.

EGTE
18th Jan 2010, 06:28
Flybe Engineering have a former My Air CRJ900 in it's custody at the moment. It's waiting delivery to Uruguay.

Flightlevel001
18th Jan 2010, 14:37
Anyone have any word on the possible expansion of NCL? This base in my opinion has so much potential to expand... Now that we are slowly reaching the bottom of this downturn, once Flybe do start to expand further should we expect them to capitalise in the North-East?

CJ1234
19th Jan 2010, 16:47
Sir Michael Bishop lifetime achievement award.

:p:p:p

flyer55
19th Jan 2010, 22:13
Wonder if they have any expansion plans for their network out of LGW

Saab2000 Freak
20th Jan 2010, 15:38
Anyone notice how Guernsey-Southampton flights cannot be booked through the website beyond today? Are they pulling off the route?

mansp
21st Jan 2010, 14:21
does anybody know, or heard, if BE are going to be operating any charters from MAN this summer?

goldeneye
21st Jan 2010, 17:17
mansp does anybody know, or heard, if BE are going to be operating any charters from MAN this summer?

Flybe are operating a VRN flight on Saturdays for the Thomas Cook Group.

flyer55
25th Jan 2010, 18:16
Is Flybe going to take over BA shorthaul flights at gatwick and would ba buy a bigger share of flybe ?

fredtheanorak
26th Jan 2010, 17:39
is this (BA) why FlyBe is now coming onto EzyJets radar:confused: first Ezy moves into BHD then onto IOM. Next stop SOU:{

munrobagger
27th Jan 2010, 12:57
Flybe are doing some charter work to Palma for THomson this summer ; will it be an Airbus or something smaller ? :eek:

BOU_PAX
27th Jan 2010, 13:04
fredtheanorak said "is this (BA) why FlyBe is now coming onto EzyJets radarhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif first Ezy moves into BHD then onto IOM. Next stop SOUhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif"

If the continued rumors are to be believed, EZY will be coming in just down the road at BOH rather than SOU which would cause direct competition on several routes...

Potentially interesting times ahead!!!

scotsunflyer
27th Jan 2010, 13:11
Edinburgh / Palma - what type ?
Flybe are doing some charter work to Palma for THomson this summer ; will it be an Airbus or something smaller ? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif

It will be a Flybe E95

adfly
27th Jan 2010, 15:24
^This is the FLYBE thread!!!

jetstreamtechrecords
27th Jan 2010, 17:57
Yessir Adfly. I think the point is that U2 are now coming at BE.

IOM is now confirmed.

Published online at 27/01/2010 12:13:53

http://www.manxradio.com/oNews/uploaded/wqwdqwdqwdwqd.jpg

It's been confirmed budget airline easyJet is considering operating a new route between the United Kingdom and the Isle of Man.

Airport Director Ann Reynolds says the company has made an approach with a view to setting up a route from Ronaldsway to a UK airport.

It's not yet clear which destination is being considered.

IOMspotter
27th Jan 2010, 19:27
the two rumors here in IOM is that it will be U2 6x a week LPL IOM LPL.

The other one going the rounds is that 3x a week it will do a w pattern LPL IOM LTN IOM LPL. This LTN bit sounds a load of :mad: to me but the ramp rumor has been proven bang on about Eazys intentions so far:confused:. Manx radio had some details on today.

Ringwayman
27th Jan 2010, 20:00
Let me see

IOM is now confirmed.

yet the line underneath the photo says

It's been confirmed budget airline easyJet is considering operating a new route between the United Kingdom and the Isle of Man.

Which is not the same as a confirmed route. If I were to suggest an IOM route, I think it may be to LGW and not LPL if only for a longer flying time for U2's cabin crew to sell items on board; don't forget the LPL-LTN route was popular but didn't have the long-lasting staying power of their other LPL routes.

JobsaGoodun
27th Jan 2010, 21:01
Completely agree with Wingowango.

Flybe have competed with EZY on Belfast routes to GLA/EDI/NCL and LGW for some time and haven't run off on these at all. Yes there is a difference in the airport served but the multiple frequencies offered by BE catch the eye of more business passengers and therefore allow BE to compete.

In fact, the market shares for Flybe appear to have held strong. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure BE would rather EZY weren't there but they have a good strong business model that works and i'm not so sure they'll be running off in a hurry and handing the routes over.

keenan
28th Jan 2010, 15:09
Anyone any thoughts on where the aircraft returning from greece later this year will be going?

ALLMCC
28th Jan 2010, 15:49
Would these not replace the examples which are to return to Wideroe this year?

JAR
29th Jan 2010, 12:46
BRIEF-Flybe FY pretax profit 12.8 mln stg vs 35.4 mln stg - Finance News - London South East (http://www.lse.co.uk/FinanceNews.asp?ArticleCode=ph2h17b1diqf13d&ArticleHeadline=BRIEFFlybe_FY_pretax_profit_128_mln_stg_vs_3 54_mln_stg)

Drink Up Thee Cider
29th Jan 2010, 12:56
More detail on ther website, as follows:

Flybe, one of Europe’s largest and most successful regional aviation groups, is filing accounts for the financial year ended 31 March 2009.

Key financial and performance highlights at a glance:

Profit before tax of £12.8 million* (2007/08: £35.4 million*)
Growth in turnover of 6.8% to £572.4 million (2007/08 £535.9 million).
Growing passenger volume, up to 7.3 million passengers (2007/08 7.0 million).
Growing ancillary revenues per passenger by 30% to £10.37 (2007/08 £7.97).* Excludes net exceptional, integration and restructuring charges of £12.7 million (2007/08 £5.0 million)
The period covered by these results includes the height of the global downturn in the world’s financial markets, the spike in oil prices and the onset of global economic recession. It was also one of the most turbulent environments ever experienced by the world’s aviation industry.
Key Highlights

Group Highlights
A profitable performance in a period affected by one of the deepest and most prolonged recessions seen by the aviation industry.
Operating cash inflow before restructuring of £31.4 million generated in the year.
Airline Highlights
Passenger numbers up by 4.3% helped underpin a profitable performance.
Continued progress on Flybe’s balanced ancillary revenue strategy with a 30% increase in ancillary revenue per passenger driven by new value added streams including income from advanced seat assignment and financial services.
Completion of the fleet rationalisation programme (May 2009) which underpins Flybe’s competitive position in the regional airline market. The programme saw 76 aircraft either introduced or retired over a 26 month period leaving Flybe with an average fleet age of under 3 years (May 2009).
Successful launch of our first franchised operations as Loganair began to operate under the Flybe brand during the year. The move helps to cement Flybe’s position in the Scottish aviation market.
Flybe successfully completed the integration of the BA Connect business, realising substantive synergies in overhead and maintenance rationalisation, while enjoying the full economic benefits of substituting 50 seat jets with Flybe’s preferred 78 seat Q400 product.
Flybe was awarded 2009 Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World, the first UK airline to hold this title since 1996.
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Business-Aviation Services (MRO)
Continued strong progress in our MRO business which was recognised as European Airline MRO of the Year in 2009 by Aviation Week. The unit enjoyed a profitable year with 70% of its revenue now coming from third party customers.
Training Business
In 2009 Flybe took its first steps towards developing a strong aviation training business by securing funding for the building of a new Training Academy, to be based at Exeter, and expected to be completed by the end of 2010.
Jim French, Chairman and Chief Executive, commented: “The Flybe business model was put to the ultimate test during the year and I am delighted to report that it came through with flying colours. In my 40 years in the industry, I have never experienced such a difficult environment and, in that context, we can rightly regard the result for the year as a success. I am proud that Flybe was one of few major airlines to announce a profit in the year.
“Whilst steering Flybe through economic turbulence, we also remained focussed on developing our business and brand. The management team continues to demonstrate both clear strategic focus and agility and I believe this will ensure that Flybe will be one of a handful of European airlines to emerge stronger and more competitive as the recession comes to an end.”
Looking ahead, Mr French added: “Flybe has continued to prove the resilience of its business model and strategy by recording good profits for the half year period to 30 September 2009. The airline is winning market share in a number of key markets and we are seeing substantial rationalisation by our competitors in our key domestic market place. In the first half of 2009/10, Flybe became the UK’s number one domestic airline. The airline is having a good recession and is well positioned to harvest the benefits when more benign economic conditions return. The airline has successfully completed the financing of all its current fleet in the year and has no new aircraft to finance until April 2011- putting it in an enviable position among European airlines.
“The MRO business, Aviation Services, has capitalised on the excellent reputation of the Flybe brand and has expanded the geographic range of its services to Greece where it has supported the start up of the new ‘Olympic Air’. This has been very beneficial during the current financial year and has provided the platform for further developments of this kind.
“The aviation training business has made solid progress and work has commenced on building our flagship Training Academy in Exeter.
“In 8 years since 2002, Flybe has reviewed and invested in every single aspect of its business and as a result is well positioned as the UK and European economies emerge from recession.”

Looks pretty solid to me and nice to see an aviation CEO being upbeat!:D

Flitefone
29th Jan 2010, 15:10
UK's Flybe edges into profit despite tough climate

UK regional carrier Flybe just managed to break even in its last financial year, with a pre-tax profit of £100,000 ($160,000) after exceptional charges.
The airline says it sustained "unprecedented" losses for the fourth quarter to March 2009. But it adds that it achieved "good" profits in the subsequent half-year to September 2009.
For the year ending 31 March 2009, excluding the exceptional charges, Flybe turned in a pre-tax figure of £12.8 million, a fall of 63%. It achieved a 6.8% rise in turnover to £572 million as passenger numbers increased to 7.3 million.
The airline defends its performance, stating that the period covered the peak of the financial downturn and the sharp rise in fuel prices.
Fuel costs over the year increased by 36%, and accounted for half of the £59 million rise in expenses, to £504 million.
The onset of the recession also affected the airline's business routes, with domestic traffic suffering "significant declines" from UK airports.
Chief executive Jim French says that, given the difficult environment, the carrier can "rightly regard the result for the year as a success". He adds that the carrier is "having a good recession" and is "well-positioned to harvest the benefits" when better economic conditions return to the market.

captaintrigger
31st Jan 2010, 15:38
I am trying to book a flight and the website doesn't seem to exist.

anyone know whats wrong with it??

JAR
31st Jan 2010, 16:34
Working fine for me.

ALLMCC
31st Jan 2010, 16:37
The home page looks a bit strange but it should still be possible to book flights. The online timetable has been revamped and is much more user friendly than before.

uncovered
31st Jan 2010, 16:52
Fully up and running when I booked at 17.30hrs.

devon_guy
31st Jan 2010, 17:08
The timetable is much better just like it used to be in the old days. Much easier to see flight times and days now, well done BE!

captaintrigger
31st Jan 2010, 17:40
Working now, must of been updating it for a few hours this arvo!!

Cheers

manx crab
1st Feb 2010, 09:11
Just tried to books flights this morning, Its certainly not working properly yet.

mysecretsmile
1st Feb 2010, 15:51
Flybe website definately been down all day as been trying to book a flight !
What's going on ?

Island Jockey
1st Feb 2010, 18:02
Trying to book all day and had to call. Was told that the Web site is having some problems and it is being workied on, should be fixed tonight.

goldeneye
1st Feb 2010, 20:11
BE's website has def been down most of the day.
Tried to use it alot today, to no avail

ALLMCC
1st Feb 2010, 20:52
Their website being down for most of today must be costing them a fortune in lost revenue. OK some may try again tomorrow but there are bound to be those who are impatient and will book with other carriers instead.

JimmyAnonymous
2nd Feb 2010, 06:37
If so does anyone know any information on careers within the company for someone with no relevant work experience? If so If so, what sorts of ground based roles are there and is there much scope for progressing towards a management position?

jetstreamtechrecords
2nd Feb 2010, 16:32
they've got lots of vacancies in their IT department after the fiasco of the last two days:ok:

arnoldk
2nd Feb 2010, 22:49
Oh Jetstream Jetstream, why are you so angry?? Why did you say Easy were "confirmed" on Liverpool-IOM? What fiasco over the past couple of days?? Make it easier for all of us by saying who you work for - it's getting pretty bloody boring.

ara01jbb
4th Feb 2010, 10:15
From the statement of accounts (http://www.flybe.com/news/1001/29_1.htm) discussed above...

We have worked on two major projects since January 2009, one in Greece and another outside Europe. The Board supported the Greek project which has proved to be very beneficial during the financial year 2009/10, something which is expected to continue in 2010/11. It was decided to abort the project outside Europe since the financial risk profile was not acceptable.

Any word what the non-EU project was?

Le Tirer
4th Feb 2010, 11:47
Bahrain according to Monday's Southampton Daily Echo but it doesn't make it sound like it has been aborted. Then again The Echo is not renowned in these parts for accurate reporting!

Flybe start Middle East link (From Daily Echo) (http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/district/southampton/4883379.Flybe_start_Middle_East_link/)

In an interview with the Daily Echo, Flybe’s chief commercial officer Mike Rutter revealed a similar venture in Bahrain is on the cards.

“We have developed an excellent concept assisting airlines in setting up new ventures and starting up new airlines and the first of those was the Olympic airline in Greece,” he said.

“It allowed us to lease four aircraft we didn’t need at the bottom of the economic cycle and deploy them profitably to support Olympic.

“We call it a bridge over the recession and we are now about to do a similar venture in Bahrain. It has created a lot of opportunities for us.”

LT

Jamesair
4th Feb 2010, 12:25
Four new routes from Aberdeen being discussed....2 UK and 2 Scandinavian
any ideas?

MUFC_fan
4th Feb 2010, 12:28
Manchester has to be one of them, unsure of the other - maybe back to NWI?

HH6702
4th Feb 2010, 12:32
They tried NCL once daily but couldnt get the loads from people swapping from eastern.

Im sure that they would give it another try if they can get 2x daily

yeo valley
4th Feb 2010, 13:05
would they try cwl again.

cheesycol
4th Feb 2010, 13:45
The non-EU project referred to was not related to Bahrain.

lfc84
9th Feb 2010, 14:52
Just received this in an email

Others will come and go - Flybe 100% committed to the Isle of Man
Whilst other airlines will come and go with a flash in the pan and ad hoc flights to the UK regions, Flybe is committed to providing great value fares and dedicated permanent travel links to island communities around the UK. We are now offering 25% off our flights to Liverpool in our special Fab Four Sale! Fares start from just £21.50 one way and with our frequent and convenient flight times choosing Flybe couldn’t be easier.

We fly up to four times per day from the Isle of Man to Liverpool, our earliest flight of the day gets you into Liverpool early and our evening flight means that with Flybe same day returns are perfect for those travelling on business or if you fancy a day trip in 2008’s capital of culture.

In addition to this, Flybe operates to 10 direct destinations with a further 31 connections across the UK & Europe from the Isle of Man and carried over ½ million passengers in 2008/09. What’s more when travelling with Flybe, customers are able to manage their bookings online with our customer account facility, book your seat in advance and check-in online.

So, book before the 21st February and don’t miss out on the best deals. Book now at Flybe.com.

wonder what they are trying to tell me?!?!

macuser
9th Feb 2010, 15:30
The future is (not)Orange?

GROUNDHOG
9th Feb 2010, 15:45
Have to say am flying NQY/LGW on 17th with Flybe and if the flight is as good as customer services have been then there is nothing to worry about....

jetstreamtechrecords
9th Feb 2010, 17:28
ifc4 its called get your attack in first:ok: I m guessin this means the Orange announcement is imminent:eek:

adfly
9th Feb 2010, 18:44
Does anyone thin that flybe will consider expanding in SOU, I think they could add a daily flight to Milan and possibly a few more German routes-Hamburg, Stuttgart and maybe even Toulouse-anyone else agree??

JobsaGoodun
9th Feb 2010, 20:00
Both Milan and Toulouse have been operated by Flybe in the past from SOU but were pulled. Not to say they won't come back but something will have had to happen to change the market in interim.

darren1
9th Feb 2010, 20:31
SOU could sustain flights to somewhere like Munich, but it would be better if it were a LH product enabling connections. Not sure point to point would work?

harbour cotter
9th Feb 2010, 21:39
'Whilst other airlines come and go' - I'm surprised that flybe have such a short memory. They have shot themselves in the foot if they are referring to LPL/IOM flights as flybe are indeed an airline that came and went from LPL leaving a rather sour taste in the mouth. Pax have deserted the LPL/IOM route in droves since they took over as Pax were disappointed with them and the route is stagnant.

Its a pity really as when I used to fly LPL/SOU and LPL/GLA the airline was actually okay, although unreliable in relation to timekeeping and the flights were poorly timed, but once onboard the product was good for these short haul routes. The suspicion was that the routes were only temporary as a bargaining chip to entering Manchester at good rates, which they managed to achieve, so the advertising blurb, as I mentioned earlier, is incorrect and poorly timed.

After stating that, IF ezy compete on the route, I doubt that it would be more than once daily and there is more than sufficient traffic for both airlines to prosper, without even impacting upon the ferry. I would surmise that Flybe would retain all if not most of the business traffic, plus medical transfers and EZY would attract more holidaymakers in both directions, particularly as they have a much higher profile in the Liverpool area. EZY have 'grown' many routes and this is one that is patently underserved, so it shouldn't take much.

I dont think that this would have any more than a minor impact on other routes from IOM. I can see both airlines on the route for a few years at least, so I dont believe that flybe needs to do anything in particular to maintain a profitable market share.

BOHEuropean
11th Feb 2010, 13:16
Flybe today announced a new route Manchester-Bournemouth-Manchester, operating 6 days a week.

Some of the rumours about Flybe operating into B'mth have started to come true!

Oxjob
11th Feb 2010, 20:31
BOH-MAN-BOH should work very well indeed. Back in my days on the ATP we used to carry a lot of pensioners down to SOU who would then pay about the same again to take a cab to Bournemouth. I always said back then that someone should start a direct service.

I'll watch this one with great interest.

Wycombe
12th Feb 2010, 13:08
Looks like Flybe are also dipping their toe in the water at Kent International.

Daily flight from/to EDI now in the booking engine, starting 27th May.

Looks like a just pay taxes and charges offer to start with also.

Good for them for giving this a go.

transwede
12th Feb 2010, 17:11
There were rumours of more routes for NCL too?! Good luck BE, nice to see a small-ish regional-ish airline being very successful, I particularly like the way FlyBe are passionate about staff training, with CC and ground staff now being put through officially recognised qualifications.

scr1
12th Feb 2010, 19:19
BBC News - Inverness Caley in search for new sponsor (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8512494.stm)

Division One club Inverness Caledonian Thistle is looking for a new shirt sponsor after airline Flybe said it would not be renewing its deal. The contract with Flybe expires at the end of the season. Officials at the football club said the announcement had been expected.
Meanwhile, troubled Highland League club Clachnacuddin's secretary David Dowling is stepping down.
Supporters' trust member Dougie Noble is to set to take up the post

Airbourne-Adamski
13th Feb 2010, 11:27
Well looks like conformation EZY will start IOM operations.

3FM - The Isle of Man's radio station (http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X487496&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.three.fm%2Fnewscentre%2Fisle-of-man-news%2Feasyjet-coming-to-the-island-986)

FL370 Officeboy
13th Feb 2010, 11:36
Well looks like conformation EZY will start IOM operations.

Wouldn't the above post be better placed on the IOM or Easyjet thread?

loveJet
13th Feb 2010, 15:13
These flights are now showing in the booking engine starting from 27th May '10

JC25
13th Feb 2010, 15:43
Those are connections via Manchester I believe

cheesycol
13th Feb 2010, 21:43
Each Easyjet Airbus can carry upto 180 passengers.

Hmmm, a well-researched piece of journalism.

MUFC_fan
14th Feb 2010, 17:04
How has BE's project with operating transfers gone?

I thought it was a fantastic idea when introduced - does anyone have any figures to show how well it is actually doing?

Thanks.

Bournemouth Air
14th Feb 2010, 19:46
The Flybe booking engine is showing flights from BOH to EDI, GLA, IOM, BFS & MAN all starting from 27th May '10.

Good news for Bournemouth passengers

ALLMCC
14th Feb 2010, 21:01
Hate to nitpick but the flights to Belfast via MAN are to BHD not BFS!

mutleyshriek
18th Feb 2010, 13:51
Whatever,but flying FLYBE equals high fares,high taxes,long delays.Rip of airline who kill competition then hoke the fares up to the hilt.Cancellations, disruption worst on time performance of any uk airline.Mayflybe thats the one.....

mutleyshriek
18th Feb 2010, 14:09
Haha every magazine in the industry have their own awards lad.Do you work in this industry or are you another spotter.Bmibaby have also just won another award,Why?.Mate get real Bombardier in Belfast dont even use Flybe anymore due to their lack of dependibility.You have just won my award for the biggest tosser on here...

FL370 Officeboy
18th Feb 2010, 14:23
FLIGHTONTIME.info - Low Cost Airline Delays & Punctuality in the UK (http://www.flightontime.info/loco/loco.html)

I think you'll find flybe have rather good on time performance. Of course, let's not let facts get in the way of an inane, pointless rant.

Based on the FACTUAL table below, of the UK scheduled airlines only bmi regional, Eastern, Loganair (flybe franchise) and bmi have better OTP than flybe....of which only bmi operate anywhere approaching the same volume of flights. All of the charter airlines have worse OTP, none of which come close to operating the number of flights flybe operate.

FLIGHTONTIME.info - Scheduled Airline Delays & Punctuality in the UK (http://www.flightontime.info/scheduled/scheduled.html)

During the recent weather disruption, flybe cancelled 3% of flights compared with the 10% cancelled by a certain other large UK loco.

So, I'd say that was your 'worst on time performance' and 'worst disruption' of any UK airline claims kicked into touch...

Although when you start a post off with 'whatever' the rest can probably be predicted to be absolute rubbish, as was the case :rolleyes:

mutleyshriek
18th Feb 2010, 14:43
FL370 I was not talking about charter airlines,So do not count them in.The larger airlines have many more bases across Europe than FLYBE and the terrible weather was Europe wide so the larger the airline the more it was affected.Bigger operations bigger disruptions.Why then did Jim French take it upon himself to publish a letter last year in the Belfast Telegraph to say we are so sorry to all our Belfast Passengers for the terrible service and disruption you have had to endure over the last eighteen months.Google it lad.Its there.Why in Manchester and Belfast are you called Mayflybe.......

mutleyshriek
18th Feb 2010, 14:47
WingoWango,Euromanx to get started...

mutleyshriek
18th Feb 2010, 15:10
Whats up lads,no replies.I thought you wanted healthy debate or am I getting to near to the hard facts.....

RVF750
18th Feb 2010, 15:38
MS

Euromanx wasd a basket case long before flybe came along. Their only half decent route was gifted to them by Flybe when they retired the Q300s.

Considering how many of Flybe's routes are short ones, where initial slot delays or tech delays mean you chase your tail all day trying to make up time and get back on schedule, they do pretty damn well considering!

tallaonehotel
18th Feb 2010, 15:47
mutleyshriek

Can I have a pint of what you are on?

:)

BFS101
18th Feb 2010, 16:07
Can I have a pint of what you are on?

Let me know what it is, because I think I'd rather avoid it... (lad)

jetsetwilly
18th Feb 2010, 16:34
Ha Ha. Space after the full stop. (lad)