Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates Application 2022

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Emirates Application 2022

Old 29th Sep 2023, 17:58
  #901 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: stuttgart
Posts: 282
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennytheking
I never said it was a day off. I said it was a day at home. The implication going around here is that you disappear for 22 days of the months never to see your wife and kids. Take it any way you wish.



I never said anything about block hours. The 100 hours is credit hours. Houston is worth 31.2 hours and I don't give a rats how many block hours it is. They pay me for the 31 hours, not 24. Houston also leaves at 08h20 and arrives back at 19h45.



I have no idea what this means.

For October, I have 95 hours credit plus manual handling - let's add 3 hours for that. I have also taken the liberty of adding 3.5 hour for the 1 day of leave I have. Again, make of that whatever you want.

Breaking up the 95 hours, I have 4 trips, 11 pink days ie days off, 3 rest days, 1 standby day and the sim session. 3 of the 4 trips will have me home before 9am.
Sorry to ask: the 95
MIs block or FDP?
are the 4 trips like going to Europe , or LR and ULR

flyTheBigFatLady is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2023, 19:15
  #902 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dubai
Age: 55
Posts: 313
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
Sorry to ask: the 95
MIs block or FDP?
are the 4 trips like going to Europe , or LR and ULR
AKL, UK, JFK & PVG
95 is credit hours, so planned airborne hours in the plane.
Kennytheking is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2023, 22:31
  #903 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: stuttgart
Posts: 282
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennytheking
AKL, UK, JFK & PVG
95 is credit hours, so planned airborne hours in the plane.
sorry but that not anywhere near sustainable

2 east west changes with 2 ulr plus sim plus standby
by the way you are not getting 95 credited - your roaster says 95 on the airplane yes but internally they only the stick time in the seat
that’s is what’s counting for your overtime and in case of an Fo for his command.

i don’t know how you feel coming back from either akl or jfk having the opposite direction right after but there is not much family in between as long you need to sleep proper hours every now and than

you said before IAH is landing at 1945 means you not earlier than 2130 to 2200 home

honestly if you can survive that - you must have an impressive good sleep in those few hours
flyTheBigFatLady is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2023, 06:04
  #904 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dubai
Age: 55
Posts: 313
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
sorry but that not anywhere near sustainable

2 east west changes with 2 ulr plus sim plus standby
by the way you are not getting 95 credited - your roaster says 95 on the airplane yes but internally they only the stick time in the seat
that’s is what’s counting for your overtime and in case of an Fo for his command.

i don’t know how you feel coming back from either akl or jfk having the opposite direction right after but there is not much family in between as long you need to sleep proper hours every now and than

you said before IAH is landing at 1945 means you not earlier than 2130 to 2200 home

honestly if you can survive that - you must have an impressive good sleep in those few hours
I'm impressed at the confidence with which you sprout such incorrect information.

I get paid for what appears on my roster, not some block time. Block time is what goes in your logbook. I'm about 10 years past caring about my logbook. Credit is what they pay me for and what overtime is based on. I have the paysheet to prove it.

I don't care whether I go east or west or a mix. I stay on Dubai time at all times and it works pretty good. @SOP made the point that the day you arrive back is not really a good quality day at home, and he is right, but I am usually 100% good the next day. I might add that any trip that brings me home before midnight is a prime trip for me. I understand others might have a different preference.

I've always maintained, you can live on your layovers, or in Dubai, but you can't do both. My life is in Dubai, so I plan my rest accordingly. It means less fun down route but I can live with that.

As to sustainablility, I would love to agree with you but, you know - we were saying that 10 years ago, yet here we are, still saying it. There is a saying about a broken clock...
Kennytheking is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2023, 09:11
  #905 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's pretty obvious that there's a few bitter and jaded people frequently posting here, trying to bash Emirates at every opportunity they get. Clearly they were let go by the company and not re-hired (wonder why). They were probably the type of pilot you don't look forward to flying with, one who just complains about everything non stop and doesn't have a good attitude. I'm sure Emirates is a better place without them.
Bravo Papa is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2023, 10:20
  #906 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: stuttgart
Posts: 282
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get paid for what appears on my roster, not some block time. Block time is what goes in your logbook. I'm about 10 years past caring about my logbook. Credit is what they pay me for and what overtime is based on. I have the paysheet to prove it.


if you are using EASA flight logs

in this regard you are incorrect

i know everybody writes the time of the full flight in the log book
this refers to field number 6 total time of flight
if you read the regulation of the flight log than in the field 10 under PIC and co-pilot only the time on controls has to Loged except the operational commander of the flight can log the entire time
and that’s exactly how ME airlines value your time. Therefore your actual PIC or SIC time on ULR flights is less than the actual total time of flight as on these flights unless you are the operating commander

The excel sheet which you can download represents exactly that. Where the column of stick is applied in an FO what’s to apply for command

Without factorizing the hours you would be finished with your yearly hours in 8,5 month which does not happen.
by giving you actual 2 ULR trips, or at least 1 the actual yearly flight time is controlled in a way you can do 95 or even a little over 100 hours a month still being capable of doing 10,5 month long exactly those 95 plus hours a month
10,5 month because you get 42 days of leave a year equal 1,5 month

flyTheBigFatLady is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2023, 10:35
  #907 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: stuttgart
Posts: 282
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bravo Papa
It's pretty obvious that there's a few bitter and jaded people frequently posting here, trying to bash Emirates at every opportunity they get. Clearly they were let go by the company and not re-hired (wonder why). They were probably the type of pilot you don't look forward to flying with, one who just complains about everything non stop and doesn't have a good attitude. I'm sure Emirates is a better place without them.
its not bashing EK -sorry if you have taken it that way - i had those roasters - could handle it with an ease - in ten years I complained twice about my roaster and it was not about the roaster itself,it was about the leave bid, as my reserve month was put into places where I needed to get my leave. So no I am not bashing EK that’s a reality there.

but I also speak about the reality
In fact with the old bidding system I managed very often to have 15 off days on my roaster, not combine stby, off, sim etc to achieve a number of being at home days - it was 15 off
with the new bidding system the highest I could get was 12-14 off but that was more luck.

i think to say that a roaster like we speak about is very very high risk to induce fatigue and that’s my opinion

me and my current colleagues fly less than those hours LR and ULR with more days off and nearly the same money in an relaxed enviroment managment wise

I do not have any argument against Someone who eagerly wants to be in the desert - but as this is still a free world (at least where I am now ) I can and allow myself to speak about facts working in the desert.
if you believe it or not is not up to me.

bye the way the discussion about factorizing flight hours to increase your flight deck time exists in the quatar forums since years now. Not facing the fact that these companies do it for mentioned reasons is living in denial.
flyTheBigFatLady is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 01:07
  #908 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: In the sky
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennytheking
I'm impressed at the confidence with which you sprout such incorrect information.

I get paid for what appears on my roster, not some block time. Block time is what goes in your logbook. I'm about 10 years past caring about my logbook. Credit is what they pay me for and what overtime is based on. I have the paysheet to prove it.

I don't care whether I go east or west or a mix. I stay on Dubai time at all times and it works pretty good. @SOP made the point that the day you arrive back is not really a good quality day at home, and he is right, but I am usually 100% good the next day. I might add that any trip that brings me home before midnight is a prime trip for me. I understand others might have a different preference.

I've always maintained, you can live on your layovers, or in Dubai, but you can't do both. My life is in Dubai, so I plan my rest accordingly. It means less fun down route but I can live with that.

As to sustainablility, I would love to agree with you but, you know - we were saying that 10 years ago, yet here we are, still saying it. There is a saying about a broken clock...
Maybe you should ask our colleague who seemed to be „fit as a fiddle” - planning his retirement and dropped dead in the terminal
in JFK a couple of years ago!

Ahhh - stupid me! Can’t ask him anymore…

These rosters are absolutely unsustainable… Even if you think you are ok, YOU ARE NOT! Ask your EK AME….
FQT2YS is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 04:01
  #909 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dubai
Age: 55
Posts: 313
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FQT2YS
Maybe you should ask our colleague who seemed to be „fit as a fiddle” - planning his retirement and dropped dead in the terminal
in JFK a couple of years ago!

Ahhh - stupid me! Can’t ask him anymore…

These rosters are absolutely unsustainable… Even if you think you are ok, YOU ARE NOT! Ask your EK AME….
Actually, argueing with strangers on the internet is going to kill me long before my roster. I believe I made my point.
Kennytheking is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 19:06
  #910 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: ME
Posts: 29
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why ?

Hi everyone, I had an online interview with Emirates last year for First Officer position and was informed afterward that I could no longer apply for positions at that company. I was surprised by this and am wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? I'm looking for constructive advice on how to understand and potentially address this situation. Thanks!
Donovan is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 20:12
  #911 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds great…
VC10L1011 is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 21:31
  #912 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: In the sky
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Donovan
Hi everyone, I had an online interview with Emirates last year for First Officer position and was informed afterward that I could no longer apply for positions at that company. I was surprised by this and am wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? I'm looking for constructive advice on how to understand and potentially address this situation. Thanks!
I am just curious… What do you want address exactly?? Looks pretty clear and definite to me 😂😂😂

FQT2YS is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 23:01
  #913 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: ME
Posts: 29
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FQT2YS
I am just curious… What do you want address exactly?? Looks pretty clear and definite to me 😂😂😂
Interesting perspective. I’ll add it to my collection.
Donovan is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2023, 12:36
  #914 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: istanbul
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long does it take normally to hear something from EK after submitting your application?
flyingturco is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2023, 15:34
  #915 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: somewhere anywhere
Age: 43
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you are Capt then within a day.....and they even call you
runway067 is offline  
Old 6th Oct 2023, 13:48
  #916 (permalink)  
ayl
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Japan
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone, does anyone know if it's normal to have "Application Received" status for more than two months?. I sent all my documents back in August.
ayl is offline  
Old 7th Oct 2023, 00:14
  #917 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Down Route
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, they have their own speed. If they haven't given you a rejection, you are still under consideration.
ThunderLizard is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2023, 15:32
  #918 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brexland
Posts: 211
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can any UK or Ireland pilots point me in the direction of paying voluntary national insurance contributions back home while you are in the middle east to maintain your state pension entitlements?

I will have a rental income in the UK so probably easier to do it there but I have a passport for both UK/IRE and Irish state pension is slightly higher so that might be better.

Voluntary NI Class 2? Class 3? Its not very clear to me on the HMRC website.

For those still waiting, courses for Airbus were being offered for Jan and Boeing guys expecting to be April/May at the earliest from what I have seen, best of luck all
Whitemonk Returns is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2023, 18:10
  #919 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: LaLaLand
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitemonk Returns
Can any UK or Ireland pilots point me in the direction of paying voluntary national insurance contributions back home while you are in the middle east to maintain your state pension entitlements?

I will have a rental income in the UK so probably easier to do it there but I have a passport for both UK/IRE and Irish state pension is slightly higher so that might be better.

Voluntary NI Class 2? Class 3? Its not very clear to me on the HMRC website.

For those still waiting, courses for Airbus were being offered for Jan and Boeing guys expecting to be April/May at the earliest from what I have seen, best of luck all
If you haven't been paying PRSI in Ireland for at least 10 years you won't be able to start voluntary contributions.
5strypes is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2023, 21:33
  #920 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: London
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the info, When have you done your assessment in Dubai? and are you A or B team?
Pilotonagringa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.