PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2023, 00:07
FQT2YS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennytheking
I'm impressed at the confidence with which you sprout such incorrect information.

I get paid for what appears on my roster, not some block time. Block time is what goes in your logbook. I'm about 10 years past caring about my logbook. Credit is what they pay me for and what overtime is based on. I have the paysheet to prove it.

I don't care whether I go east or west or a mix. I stay on Dubai time at all times and it works pretty good. @SOP made the point that the day you arrive back is not really a good quality day at home, and he is right, but I am usually 100% good the next day. I might add that any trip that brings me home before midnight is a prime trip for me. I understand others might have a different preference.

I've always maintained, you can live on your layovers, or in Dubai, but you can't do both. My life is in Dubai, so I plan my rest accordingly. It means less fun down route but I can live with that.

As to sustainablility, I would love to agree with you but, you know - we were saying that 10 years ago, yet here we are, still saying it. There is a saying about a broken clock...
Maybe you should ask our colleague who seemed to be „fit as a fiddle” - planning his retirement and dropped dead in the terminal
in JFK a couple of years ago!

Ahhh - stupid me! Can’t ask him anymore…

These rosters are absolutely unsustainable… Even if you think you are ok, YOU ARE NOT! Ask your EK AME….