PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2023, 05:04
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
sorry but that not anywhere near sustainable

2 east west changes with 2 ulr plus sim plus standby
by the way you are not getting 95 credited - your roaster says 95 on the airplane yes but internally they only the stick time in the seat
that’s is what’s counting for your overtime and in case of an Fo for his command.

i don’t know how you feel coming back from either akl or jfk having the opposite direction right after but there is not much family in between as long you need to sleep proper hours every now and than

you said before IAH is landing at 1945 means you not earlier than 2130 to 2200 home

honestly if you can survive that - you must have an impressive good sleep in those few hours
I'm impressed at the confidence with which you sprout such incorrect information.

I get paid for what appears on my roster, not some block time. Block time is what goes in your logbook. I'm about 10 years past caring about my logbook. Credit is what they pay me for and what overtime is based on. I have the paysheet to prove it.

I don't care whether I go east or west or a mix. I stay on Dubai time at all times and it works pretty good. @SOP made the point that the day you arrive back is not really a good quality day at home, and he is right, but I am usually 100% good the next day. I might add that any trip that brings me home before midnight is a prime trip for me. I understand others might have a different preference.

I've always maintained, you can live on your layovers, or in Dubai, but you can't do both. My life is in Dubai, so I plan my rest accordingly. It means less fun down route but I can live with that.

As to sustainablility, I would love to agree with you but, you know - we were saying that 10 years ago, yet here we are, still saying it. There is a saying about a broken clock...