PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2023, 09:35
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bravo Papa
It's pretty obvious that there's a few bitter and jaded people frequently posting here, trying to bash Emirates at every opportunity they get. Clearly they were let go by the company and not re-hired (wonder why). They were probably the type of pilot you don't look forward to flying with, one who just complains about everything non stop and doesn't have a good attitude. I'm sure Emirates is a better place without them.
its not bashing EK -sorry if you have taken it that way - i had those roasters - could handle it with an ease - in ten years I complained twice about my roaster and it was not about the roaster itself,it was about the leave bid, as my reserve month was put into places where I needed to get my leave. So no I am not bashing EK that’s a reality there.

but I also speak about the reality
In fact with the old bidding system I managed very often to have 15 off days on my roaster, not combine stby, off, sim etc to achieve a number of being at home days - it was 15 off
with the new bidding system the highest I could get was 12-14 off but that was more luck.

i think to say that a roaster like we speak about is very very high risk to induce fatigue and that’s my opinion

me and my current colleagues fly less than those hours LR and ULR with more days off and nearly the same money in an relaxed enviroment managment wise

I do not have any argument against Someone who eagerly wants to be in the desert - but as this is still a free world (at least where I am now ) I can and allow myself to speak about facts working in the desert.
if you believe it or not is not up to me.

bye the way the discussion about factorizing flight hours to increase your flight deck time exists in the quatar forums since years now. Not facing the fact that these companies do it for mentioned reasons is living in denial.