Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2

Old 29th Dec 2023, 18:19
  #1141 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: France
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by athrun
All are 330/350 rated FO’s.
makes sense then. I think airbus guys will all get a joining date soon. However, no news for Boeing yet
Daniellejdkk is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2023, 14:39
  #1142 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: UAE
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only for RATED candidates? A330/350? .... then maybe guys who are A320 rated ; more delays expected.
I am A320 rated , swimming in the pool since May 2023
Ilililililil is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2024, 22:49
  #1143 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Global
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are QR taking A320 FOs? What’s the timeline for progression to 330/350/380?
HotelGolfBravo is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2024, 18:55
  #1144 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Doha
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems the current demand is for the 737 max, quite a few turning it down
Camel herder is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2024, 16:05
  #1145 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: France
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Camel herder
It seems the current demand is for the 737 max, quite a few turning it down
everything seems to be stopped. Even for MAX.
Daniellejdkk is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2024, 13:51
  #1146 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: France
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Folks, does anyone know how to update the application? I cannot update my application dont know why.
Daniellejdkk is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2024, 10:21
  #1147 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ARAMA
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody got a joining date this March?
athrun is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2024, 13:16
  #1148 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Italy
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, waiting in the pool since May for A320. Does someone know if they are calling the airbus guys of the pool ? Best of luck to all
WINGSSS is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2024, 18:33
  #1149 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: serbia
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All! Any Boeing First Officers received or heard anything? I applied in October 2023 but since then have not received or heard anything regarding PSA.

I heard current demand is for Boeing atm but still nothing heard from them.

Hope someone could share their experience or thoughts.
Flyingone11 is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2024, 05:20
  #1150 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ARAMA
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard from an ex colleague on the 777 in QR, manpower on the 777/787 is enough. Still some shortages on the 350 and 737. Expect joining delays for non type rated boeing and airbus.
athrun is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2024, 15:32
  #1151 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: serbia
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by athrun
Heard from an ex colleague on the 777 in QR, manpower on the 777/787 is enough. Still some shortages on the 350 and 737. Expect joining delays for non type rated boeing and airbus.
any thoughts on if we get called or not? Boeing rated FO
Flyingone11 is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2024, 17:21
  #1152 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Italy
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 FO

Originally Posted by athrun
Heard from an ex colleague on the 777 in QR, manpower on the 777/787 is enough. Still some shortages on the 350 and 737. Expect joining delays for non type rated boeing and airbus.
Thank you for the info, do you know if A320 rated FO are joining the A350 type or something? Would be nice to know, thank you and best of luck to all
WINGSSS is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2024, 13:11
  #1153 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if you can defer you joining date and for how long you can do this? Just got a May joining date (777 FO) but my wife just had our first kid. Hoping I can push the joining date further down the year.
AceG is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2024, 18:45
  #1154 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: London
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AceG
Does anyone know if you can defer you joining date and for how long you can do this? Just got a May joining date (777 FO) but my wife just had our first kid. Hoping I can push the joining date further down the year.
Did they actually confirm to you 777? Something tells me you’re up for a nasty surprise my friend. From what I hear, only courses are on the Max…and a friend of mine went there thinking she was on the 787…then walking into a class room with 737max manuals in the table.
What part of the world will you be coming from mate? In Qatar is take it or leave it, unfortunately. You should be emailing/calling them, not asking on a public forum. As you may have read here, people had various experiences with them when it comes to be flexible. Good luck and congratulations on the baby, they are amazing!
Raph737 is offline  
Old 30th Jan 2024, 01:22
  #1155 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ARAMA
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raph737
Did they actually confirm to you 777? Something tells me you’re up for a nasty surprise my friend. From what I hear, only courses are on the Max…and a friend of mine went there thinking she was on the 787…then walking into a class room with 737max manuals in the table.
What part of the world will you be coming from mate? In Qatar is take it or leave it, unfortunately. You should be emailing/calling them, not asking on a public forum. As you may have read here, people had various experiences with them when it comes to be flexible. Good luck and congratulations on the baby, they are amazing!
If you're rated and current on a wide body, expect to be on the 777/787/350. The only issue is if you're rated on a narrow body, you could be chucked into any fleet. Feed back from guys who are already there.
athrun is offline  
Old 30th Jan 2024, 03:56
  #1156 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: London
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by athrun
If you're rated and current on a wide body, expect to be on the 777/787/350. The only issue is if you're rated on a narrow body, you could be chucked into any fleet. Feed back from guys who are already there.
That’s outdated info. Also from people who are currently there and some in training department. Like I said, this friend was expecting 787, she was rated with 1500 on 787, got there and ended up on the Max. Handed notice 6 months later to go to Emirates.

Don’t believe anything until you’ve finished the SEP training/induction and ACTUALLY started the sims on longhaul aircraft. They will change you and if you’re unhappy, they just show you where the door is. If you believe otherwise you’re being naive.
Raph737 is offline  
Old 30th Jan 2024, 12:22
  #1157 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Doha
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wise words above, my mate got switched from A330 to B777 whilst he was awaiting to start his Airbus line training.
Camel herder is offline  
Old 30th Jan 2024, 12:34
  #1158 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: London
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Camel herder
Wise words above, my mate got switched from A330 to B777 whilst he was awaiting to start his Airbus line training.
I think that the biggest mistake he made is to use the word “expect”, or believe in it. In this part of the world you simply can’t expect anything.

There seems to be no long term strategy and courses are filled targeting short term concerns. You are 777/787 or 330/350 rated? Well if there could be another ten ahead of you and now they were allocated the said airframes and they have nobody on the Max courses? You’re going on the Max and if you’re not happy you can leave. That’s the reality of things.

After all, the advert states Boeing or Airbus rated and you are contracted as a “pilot”. Nowhere it specifies a fleet, they can pick and choose. It is the same at my airline to be fair as they could call me and say “you’re back on the 737 tomorrow”.

I think a lot of people go with a complete delusion and then get disappointed. This is actually good advice, to not have any expectations and really think if you want to do short haul there and be mentally prepared for it. If it then turns out is longhaul then you can see it as a plus.

Raph737 is offline  
Old 31st Jan 2024, 09:54
  #1159 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: serbia
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B737

Anyone knows when they gonna start call B737 rated first officers?
Flyingone11 is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2024, 15:30
  #1160 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: godlap
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 Roster

Can anybody share latest roster of 737? Thanks
Mr.CB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.