PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2024, 12:34
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Camel herder
Wise words above, my mate got switched from A330 to B777 whilst he was awaiting to start his Airbus line training.
I think that the biggest mistake he made is to use the word “expect”, or believe in it. In this part of the world you simply can’t expect anything.

There seems to be no long term strategy and courses are filled targeting short term concerns. You are 777/787 or 330/350 rated? Well if there could be another ten ahead of you and now they were allocated the said airframes and they have nobody on the Max courses? You’re going on the Max and if you’re not happy you can leave. That’s the reality of things.

After all, the advert states Boeing or Airbus rated and you are contracted as a “pilot”. Nowhere it specifies a fleet, they can pick and choose. It is the same at my airline to be fair as they could call me and say “you’re back on the 737 tomorrow”.

I think a lot of people go with a complete delusion and then get disappointed. This is actually good advice, to not have any expectations and really think if you want to do short haul there and be mentally prepared for it. If it then turns out is longhaul then you can see it as a plus.