PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

Angle of Attack 22nd Dec 2021 09:39

The Feds have absolutely no authority to pass such legislation, it’s called Federation, and we are behold to the State Premiers, full stop.

SOPS 22nd Dec 2021 09:44

Western Australia is now closed off to the rest of the country, It is not up to the PM. Its up to the Premiers.

Buster Hyman 22nd Dec 2021 10:21

PM trying to keep the country open. Premiers playing power games. Roll on a referendum and put an end to this stupidity! We need one clear voice & direction, doesn’t matter what Party.

(Never seen a Republican model I liked, but if one gets put up to abolish States, then it’ll get a Yes from me!)

SHVC 22nd Dec 2021 10:22


Originally Posted by Angle of Attack (Post 11159488)
Scomo is a basically corrupt marketing puppet that has passed less than 20% of the legislation that Gillard did in 4 times the amount in office. Anyone that hasn’t realised this yet must be brain dead or stupid. Everything he says turns to nothing and anything he does has been useless. You can’t polish a turd…

WOW! Such strong comments! You forget Labour pollies are just as bad. Covid aside, you are totally blind to the each way betting idiot Albo on all fronts. He stands for nothing like the rest of those labour fools.

SHVC 22nd Dec 2021 10:24


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11159518)
Western Australia is now closed off to the rest of the country, It is not up to the PM. Its up to the Premiers.


Actually, closed to the World. Australia does not care barley made news over here. It’s is what WA voted for, this is what they want.

Angle of Attack 22nd Dec 2021 11:15

SHVC, no I’m just saying the facts, I’m not a LABOR supporter (note the spelling) , a brand new independent would be quite frankly superior to Scomo atm, he has lost the F ing plot. I support diluting these fat arsed major parties and making them work for their money, this bull crap about stability has been spruiked since the 60’s, Bring it! Boomers will now sledge me, but hey prepare for death losers, your time is about to end! Lol!

Clare Prop 22nd Dec 2021 14:08


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11159518)
Western Australia is now closed off to the rest of the country, It is not up to the PM. Its up to the Premiers.

Not until Boxing Day.

Ladloy 22nd Dec 2021 20:45


Originally Posted by SHVC (Post 11159538)
WOW! Such strong comments! You forget Labour pollies are just as bad. Covid aside, you are totally blind to the each way betting idiot Albo on all fronts. He stands for nothing like the rest of those labour fools.

So why is the LNP better? What policies make them stand out?

SHVC 22nd Dec 2021 22:35

LNP handling of the pandemic is one. if Labor was in, no way they would of had the balance sheet like LNP had to support JK, JS and business support. Lower taxes, balls to have stronger national security the list goes on.

A vote for labor in my opinion is a vote for the Greens and all the independents, imagine that JL bogan in the upper house she is terrible. One of the policy of Labor is this net zero rubbish. Albos plan of reducing emmisions by 43% by 2030 which will be 7.5yrs away by the time election is done and he has moved in without a sustainable plan to get there. If Labor gets in they will bow down to Xi, with sorry speeches and hugs. At least PD and SM have the balls to make Australia number 1. Many more of their policy’s are rubbish.

The current PM is not that bad, we know what he stands for at least and he is a heck of a lot better than each way albo. Recent announcements SM has made in Labor strong holds in QLDare very good ideas although the truck apprentiship should of been thought of 10+ yrs ago with expat drivers.
I would hope PD takes the reins one day he will make a fine PM.

Ladloy 22nd Dec 2021 23:06


Originally Posted by SHVC (Post 11159817)
LNP handling of the pandemic is one. if Labor was in, no way they would of had the balance sheet like LNP had to support JK, JS and business support. Lower taxes, balls to have stronger national security the list goes on.

A vote for labor in my opinion is a vote for the Greens and all the independents, imagine that JL bogan in the upper house she is terrible. One of the policy of Labor is this net zero rubbish. Albos plan of reducing emmisions by 43% by 2030 which will be 7.5yrs away by the time election is done and he has moved in without a sustainable plan to get there. If Labor gets in they will bow down to Xi, with sorry speeches and hugs. At least PD and SM have the balls to make Australia number 1. Many more of their policy’s are rubbish.

The current PM is not that bad, we know what he stands for at least and he is a heck of a lot better than each way albo. Recent announcements SM has made in Labor strong holds in QLDare very good ideas although the truck apprentiship should of been thought of 10+ yrs ago with expat drivers.
I would hope PD takes the reins one day he will make a fine PM.

The current balance sheet is worse than it has ever been, even before covid. The LNP has accrued more debt than any other Aus government in history with no plan to pay it back. Not. One. Single. Plan. Lower taxes from the LNP is also a myth. Most taxpayers will have a tax rise when the tax offset is removed next year. High income earners will get huge savings costing the budget even further.

Dutton doesn't like China but he sure acts like he wants the same as China. Internet surveillance, social media censorship. We'll be accruing social credits to go with all that debt in no time. Labor also agrees with everything the LNP has done on the Chinese policy level.

SOPS 23rd Dec 2021 03:31

Mask mandates. Capacity limits back. No singing and dancing in doors. Does not seem like the Premiers are listening to the PM at all.

Ascend Charlie 23rd Dec 2021 06:24

Gillard's passing of a bucketful of legislation doesn't make her a good PM. It just makes more red tape. We need fewer laws, not more. Just better laws.


The LNP has accrued more debt than any other Aus government in history
Would that perhaps be through the JobKeeper payments, which kept small businesses like mine alive, and allowed me to continue employing people? Our unemployment numbers are amazingly low, which isn't helping me at all, I need more workers. So do the restaurants.

All Albo does is squawk out the one-liners written for him to be a sound grab, no depth, and his only policy seems to be to bag the LNP, not promote the country.

Icarus2001 23rd Dec 2021 06:25

No dancing unless you are at a wedding.

How does the virus know the difference?

Transition Layer 23rd Dec 2021 06:57


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11159518)
Western Australia is now closed off to the rest of the country, It is not up to the PM. Its up to the Premiers.

And now McGowan is sh!tting his pants just a few days from Xmas with mask mandates and other restrictions over ONE case. When asked why no lockdown, he replied “because of our very high vaccination rate…one of the highest in the world”. Well if the rate is so high, then why not open the borders?

Karma is a b!tch though and McGowan deserves a dose of it. WA may well be locked down by New Years Eve once this spreads during Xmas gatherings. Bring it on, and hopefully we won’t have to wait til Feb 5 for some common sense to finally prevail.




Torukmacto 23rd Dec 2021 06:58

Time to join the party Mark , let it rip !

dr dre 23rd Dec 2021 07:05


Originally Posted by Ascend Charlie (Post 11159896)

Would that perhaps be through the JobKeeper payments, which kept small businesses like mine alive, and allowed me to continue employing people?

No, National debt has been rising under Labor and then Liberal governments since the GFC, Covid and JobKeeper has only accelerated it.

Anyway some interesting news out of the McGowan press conference today about the spread in Perth. He said that if there was enough community spread the planned February 5th reopening becomes redundant.

So that all important date, you know the title of the thread “All Borders to Reopen” may be imminent.

Transition Layer 23rd Dec 2021 07:33


Originally Posted by dr dre (Post 11159912)
Anyway some interesting news out of the McGowan press conference today about the spread in Perth. He said that if there was enough community spread the planned February 5th reopening becomes redundant.

So that all important date, you know the title of the thread “All Borders to Reopen” may be imminent.

We can only hope dr dre

NumptyAussie 23rd Dec 2021 07:44


Originally Posted by Transition Layer (Post 11159906)
And now McGowan is sh!tting his pants just a few days from Xmas with mask mandates and other restrictions over ONE case. When asked why no lockdown, he replied “because of our very high vaccination rate…one of the highest in the world”. Well if the rate is so high, then why not open the borders?

Karma is a b!tch though and McGowan deserves a dose of it. WA may well be locked down by New Years Eve once this spreads during Xmas gatherings. Bring it on, and hopefully we won’t have to wait til Feb 5 for some common sense to finally prevail.

You do seem to be rather an unpleasant fellow wishing Covid on people.

Transition Layer 23rd Dec 2021 07:47


Originally Posted by NumptyAussie (Post 11159924)
You do seem to be rather an unpleasant fellow wishing Covid on people.

Yep…I would hate for fully vaccinated healthy people to get a runny nose and sore throat. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night.

StudentInDebt 23rd Dec 2021 08:26


Originally Posted by Transition Layer (Post 11159927)
Yep…I would hate for fully vaccinated healthy people to get a runny nose and sore throat. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night.

what about the people who spend weeks in ICU units, go on to develop long-COVID or die?


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:25.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.