PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

dr dre 7th Aug 2021 09:44

Sorry common cents, Iím missing your point.

Are you saying that the breakthrough infections are far higher, or the rate of infections are far higher than the minuscule figures provided in the links I posted?

If so could you post the sources where you got your information?

EDIT:

If youíre referring to your post #7020 and the excerpt from the Lancet where you claim the absolute vaccine reduction risk (ARR) is around 0.84-% and therefore 25.78 million Australians will be infected despite being vaccinated?

Then youíve totally, totally taken that study the wrong way and blown those numbers out of proportion, again, hereís a debunking of your point:

Fact Check-Why Relative Risk Reduction, not Absolute Risk Reduction, is most often used in calculating vaccine efficacy

43Inches 7th Aug 2021 10:03


If you’re referring to your post #7020 and the excerpt from the Lancet where you claim the absolute vaccine reduction risk (ARR) is around 0.84-% and therefore 25.78 million Australians will be infected despite being vaccinated?

Then you’ve totally, totally taken that study the wrong way and blown those numbers out of proportion, again, here’s a debunking of your point:

Fact Check-Why Relative Risk Reduction, not Absolute Risk Reduction, is most often used in calculating vaccine efficacy
That's what I was trying to get at earlier, I couldn't work out what all the mass of numbers were about and they made no sense. It seemed like half a data dump taken out of context.

The other issue of un-accounted for virus in the community and the seroprevelance rate. To have the IFR drop to .23% that would assume in the US for instance that there is 10 times the cases in the community over documented.

The seroprevelance rate study in Sydney found the rate to be barely 3 x the notified cases and that was from pretty sparse data, only 38 positives in 5000 tests. So that could possibly drop the current CFR from 2.6 to just over 0.8% IFR.

If you applied IFR to Influenza it would be like 0.0001%. Calculating IFR is basically witchcraft and educate guesswork due to trying to know what you don't know, if you knew, it would be CFR.

mattyj 7th Aug 2021 11:22

For two days last week that VAERS data was revised up to 12000 deaths..then back down to 6800 odd..no explanation why.

mattyj 7th Aug 2021 11:25

Moderna and Pfizer both have warnings about myocarditis and pericarditis on the safety data. Iím interested if anyone has had their Pfizer vaccine then gotten an aviation medical soon after and had unusually high blood pressure readings..?

Turnleft080 7th Aug 2021 11:34


Originally Posted by mattyj (Post 11091201)
Moderna and Pfizer both have warnings about myocarditis and pericarditis on the safety data. I’m interested if anyone has had their Pfizer vaccine then gotten an aviation medical soon after and had unusually high blood pressure readings..?

I reckon a lot of people get high blood pressure by just reading this thread.

SOPS 7th Aug 2021 12:04


Originally Posted by mattyj (Post 11091201)
Moderna and Pfizer both have warnings about myocarditis and pericarditis on the safety data. Iím interested if anyone has had their Pfizer vaccine then gotten an aviation medical soon after and had unusually high blood pressure readings..?

I could be wrong.. but my feeling is, without being vaccinated you may end up with very very low blood pressure readings.. as in zero over zero.

mattyj 7th Aug 2021 12:08

Without a vaccine or without a competent doctor with the dozens of excellent therapies that have been developed since the start of 2020.

Torukmacto 7th Aug 2021 12:12

Having struggled with low blood pressure this could work out perfectly.

turbantime 7th Aug 2021 12:24


Originally Posted by mattyj (Post 11091228)
Without a vaccine or without a competent doctor with the dozens of excellent therapies that have been developed since the start of 2020.

I love these uninformed comments. If you end up in hospital, especially in ICU, you get pumped a cocktail of Ďtherapiesí to keep you alive. Each one of those with comes with side effects, some which could be long lasting. It literally is a last ditch effort to keep your pulse going. Not to mention the long term complications from the disease. Then thereís the vaccine with mild short term effects (AZ rare issues aside) which keep you out of hospital. I know what I prefer.

Ninthace 7th Aug 2021 12:51

If you read across to the main Covid thread in jet blast you will find an informed assessment of myocarditis,
Myocarditis risks

43Inches 7th Aug 2021 13:08


If you read across to the main Covid thread in jet blast you will find an informed assessment of myocarditis,
Myocarditis risks
We covered the myocarditis stuff a while back, we're just stuck in a loop at the moment with a couple of clowns just making recurring statements of the same things they were shot down for 100 posts ago. I get the feeling they are bored telemarketers.

dr dre 7th Aug 2021 13:43


Originally Posted by mattyj (Post 11091201)
Moderna and Pfizer both have warnings about myocarditis and pericarditis on the safety data. Iím interested if anyone has had their Pfizer vaccine then gotten an aviation medical soon after and had unusually high blood pressure readings..?

High blood pressure is neither a symptom of Myocaridtis or Pericarditis. In fact in both of those conditions it is LOW blood pressure that is a potential symptom, not high blood pressure.

Did you study up on any of those conditions before you made that post?

dr dre 7th Aug 2021 13:50


Originally Posted by mattyj (Post 11091200)
For two days last week that VAERS data was revised up to 12000 deaths..then back down to 6800 odd..no explanation why.

Yes there is. I simply googled ďVAERSĒ and this was the third google news search result:

Fact Check-6,000 VAERS reports were deleted for being foreign entries, CDC says

There is an explanation, a very simple one. You use language in your posts to hint at a massive conspiracy, but the answers are out there to anyone who does the most simple fact checking.

Honestly itís getting ridiculous now.......

dr dre 7th Aug 2021 13:51


Originally Posted by 43Inches (Post 11091257)
we're just stuck in a loop at the moment with a couple of clowns just making recurring statements of the same things they were shot down for 100 posts ago.

In total agreement

turbantime 7th Aug 2021 14:06


Originally Posted by dr dre (Post 11091281)
Honestly itís getting ridiculous now.......

Agreed. The utter lack of cognitive ability of some of these posters are a real worry. Even more worrying is that these people are in charge of aircraft.

Xeptu 7th Aug 2021 14:10


Originally Posted by turbantime (Post 11091292)
Agreed. The utter lack of cognitive ability of some of these posters are a real worry. Even more worrying is that these people are in charge of aircraft.

Are we sure about that. Maybe it's time to think up a technical question that only we would know. But then we 'll probably get into an argument over that :)

turbantime 7th Aug 2021 14:13


Originally Posted by 43Inches (Post 11091257)
I get the feeling they are bored telemarketers.

You may just have stepped on to a gem here without knowing it. I infiltrated a closed conspiracy theory/anti-vaccine closed group once. The Ďleadersí of this group encourage their flock to go out and spread the word/raise awareness/open peopleís eyes etc. Then you see these people go out and try and spread the false information as repetitively as they can. If it is debunked, they attack the source as theyíre unable to refute the facts. Itíd be quite comical if it wasnít so serious.

dr dre 7th Aug 2021 15:13


Originally Posted by turbantime (Post 11091292)
Agreed. The utter lack of cognitive ability of some of these posters are a real worry. Even more worrying is that these people are in charge of aircraft.

Thereís an identified cognitive condition that describes it, the Dunning Kruger effect. Itís people who are so unintelligent they donít have the capacity to realise they are incorrect (you donít know what you donít know).

The best example I can think of in Australia with vaccines is Federal MP and failed furniture salesman Craig Kelly, so dumb he actually thinks heís uncovered the secrets behind Covid and vaccines that all the top scientists and doctors have missed:

Federal MP Craig Kellyís relentless war on COVID vaccines.

Aussie Bob 7th Aug 2021 23:36

The Dunning Kruger effect eh Doc. Not possible at all that you suffer slightly? You, the single most avid "pro covid narrative" proponent on this board anywhere. In fact when I look at your recent posts I find zero on anything aviation at all. Thanks for your advice, fortunately I learned early to always seek a second opinion.

Are you a big Pharma shill Doc? (This is a fair question Mods, look at this guys history of posting)

43Inches 7th Aug 2021 23:49


I infiltrated a closed conspiracy theory/anti-vaccine closed group once. The ‘leaders’ of this group encourage their flock to go out and spread the word/raise awareness/open people’s eyes etc. Then you see these people go out and try and spread the false information as repetitively as they can. If it is debunked, they attack the source as they’re unable to refute the facts. It’d be quite comical if it wasn’t so serious.
Nothing new unfortunately, it's pretty standard cult mentality. One egotistical leader that may or may not believe in the real purpose just getting kicks from leading a bunch of halfwits on a anarchist roadtrip. Send out the sheep and see what fun we can have causing chaos.

Unfortunately most of the general public don't understand the fact there are individuals out there hell bent on things you don't like. Rapists, Murderers, etc a lot get kicks from doing what they do, some even enjoy it, no manor of education, confinement or torture will change them. The same goes for those that want to go against society in general and spread misinformation. So is it safe to walk dark alleys at night alone, hell no, and never will be until you cure mental illness.

Same thing applies to governance, anything you inform the community to do, know that part of the community will go against it, why, because they just want to make trouble. They won't listen to facts or figures or whats best, they just want to cause trouble and cause mayhem, even at the expense of safety and common sense, and have a laugh when they see people react to them. Reasonable debate over the issues is fine, that's another thing and leads to outcomes, I'm referring to those that just oppose for the sake of it.


Then there's just the stupid, uneducated and straight forward insane.

That's what you fight against when you want something good for the general public.


Are you a big Pharma shill Doc?
Comments like that are regurgitated straight from the shepherds mouth.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:56.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.