PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

ChrisJ800 16th Dec 2021 03:56

Poor Pat Cummins got caught out. Looks like eating indoors and shaking hands of other restaurant guests are high risk activities still.

nivsy 16th Dec 2021 04:01


Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 (Post 11156604)
Poor Pat Cummins got caught out. Looks like eating indoors and shaking hands of other restaurant guests are high risk activities still.

Ummmm. I think we all know that....well maybe not all.

Lead Balloon 21st Dec 2021 01:15

Scotty from Marketing says: "There will be no more lockdowns."

Who knew that Scotty decided whether States or parts of States would lock down? I thought lockdowns were not his responsibility...

Australopithecus 21st Dec 2021 03:56


Originally Posted by Lead Balloon (Post 11158906)
Scotty from Marketing says: "There will be no more lockdowns."

Who knew that Scotty decided whether States or parts of States would lock down? I thought lockdowns were not his responsibility...

Always a creep, doubly so when campaigning for re-election.

PoppaJo 21st Dec 2021 04:08

Might not be lockdowns but travelers appear spooked at the moment, Tasmania are isolating entire plane loads, not one or two rows.

Seen a pretty significant drop off in pax numbers across the last fortnight, more noticeable this week. The commentary around 20-30k cases a day next month won’t help much either.

Lead Balloon 21st Dec 2021 04:13

Still, Australopithecus, Scotty knows the attention span of the average voter is quite short. As my favourite political philosopher, HL Mencken said:

No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.

Australopithecus 21st Dec 2021 06:55


Originally Posted by Lead Balloon (Post 11158929)
Still, Australopithecus, Scotty knows the attention span of the average voter is quite short. As my favourite political philosopher, HL Mencken said:

Sadly true. That fact makes a mockery of democracy, doesn’t it? And what’s worse, social media has provided an unstoppable infection vector for stupidity.

AerialPerspective 21st Dec 2021 09:02


Originally Posted by Australopithecus (Post 11158962)
Sadly true. That fact makes a mockery of democracy, doesn’t it? And what’s worse, social media has provided an unstoppable infection vector for stupidity.

Democracy is fine, what it makes a mockery of is the pathetic state of education and the fact that enough are too dumb or uninformed to spot when they're being fed BS people simply can't be bothered if they hear the magic words, even from a certifiable liar....... "tax cut".... there is a proportion of the Australian electorate who are the quintessential 'Charlie Brown' to 'Lucy' of Peanuts fame - she holds the ball every year for Charlie Brown to kick, every year she promises she won't pull it away at the last second, causing CB to fall on his arse, like she does every year and every year Charlie falls for it.... same here, ScoMo says "tax cut" and all the morons vote based on it and every time after the election they find out the fine print says "in 3-4 years time"....

AerialPerspective 21st Dec 2021 09:05


Originally Posted by Australopithecus (Post 11158925)
Always a creep, doubly so when campaigning for re-election.

Please don't insult creeps. I'm sure there are creeps with, in fact, a cockroach crawling up some toilet wall somewhere, with more redemptive tissue than the happy-clappy-slogan-bogan.......

Buster Hyman 21st Dec 2021 11:20

A mockery of Democracy? Come to Victoria if you want to see that!

601 21st Dec 2021 11:59


Always a creep, doubly so when campaigning for re-election.
Obviously an opinion not shared by everyone.


Who knew that Scotty decided whether States or parts of States would lock down? I thought lockdowns were not his responsibility...
The PM is responsible for everything - You obviously have not been paying attention to the media or listening to the State Premiers.

Doors Off 21st Dec 2021 12:12

The system is broke - big time! We have tyranny increasing, Ozziegarch property “portfolio” owners, corruption running crazy from local to Federal and Federal MP’s who, on average own 4.1 properties - whilst we have homeless people and schools that can’t afford text books or run a Physics class.

The corrupt circus, that is “Parliament” is a disgrace. Self interest, in the main, will always take front stage. However, whether or not we still have our jobs, the fact that we can’t travel domestically, is now - nonsensical.

The Public service office types and the MP’s are living the dream. Guaranteed income, work from home from their Holiday homes are as out of touch as XiPing and the Tsars.

Ladloy 21st Dec 2021 19:46


Originally Posted by AerialPerspective (Post 11159029)
Democracy is fine, what it makes a mockery of is the pathetic state of education and the fact that enough are too dumb or uninformed to spot when they're being fed BS people simply can't be bothered if they hear the magic words, even from a certifiable liar....... "tax cut".... there is a proportion of the Australian electorate who are the quintessential 'Charlie Brown' to 'Lucy' of Peanuts fame - she holds the ball every year for Charlie Brown to kick, every year she promises she won't pull it away at the last second, causing CB to fall on his arse, like she does every year and every year Charlie falls for it.... same here, ScoMo says "tax cut" and all the morons vote based on it and every time after the election they find out the fine print says "in 3-4 years time"....

Or the fine print says that you need to make almost triple the median wage to receive the cut.

43Inches 21st Dec 2021 20:42

Hmm, "democracy is broken".

I find this thread funny, first you say it's broken in some way that the states acting in line with the majority beliefs of their population, which is democracy in action. In WAs case getting re-elected mid pandemic with a massive margin, NSW with high popularity ratings and even Victoria with reasonably high approval even with all the other state issues going on outside of Covid. Democracy is the will of the people, so saying that the PM should be over-riding the states policies to satisfy the few would be, hmm, dictatorship. Then talking about underfunded public education, which is a socialist policy, again moving away from choice into the theme of we all have to pay for it whether we want it or not. If you want more funding for your schools, get on the bandwagon, make it known to your local MP as a major issue above everything else, same for hospitals and the rest. Yes a lot of voters are just backing red or blue or names and know little about policy, however the election is decided by the educated as they swing with whats best. All the 'not so electoral savy' will do is prevent one or the other side being wiped out, giving some stability to the govern vs opposition mantra. BTW I don't see massive protests against compulsory, mandated voting.

Ascend Charlie 22nd Dec 2021 03:53

And I can think of nothing worse than Prime Minister Albo.

Wait, yes I can, Clive Palmer. Julia Gillard. Any Green person.

Aussie Bob 22nd Dec 2021 05:36

This thread is a laugh. Started in May 2020, it will no doubt make two years and by that time we will be discussing 7 different countries. I see old mate in WA has just sealed his border even tighter :-)


Ladloy 22nd Dec 2021 08:55


Originally Posted by Ascend Charlie (Post 11159383)
And I can think of nothing worse than Prime Minister Albo.

Wait, yes I can, Clive Palmer. Julia Gillard. Any Green person.

Is Albo worse than Scomo? If so, why?

Angle of Attack 22nd Dec 2021 08:56

Ascend Charlie, well if your tired and retired you fit right in to crusted old right wing numbnuts. I just love how you deny anyone a gong except your crusted on Liberal party, brought on most likely by your upbringing. Enjoy your retirement, the tide will wash away most of you next year. Enjoy buddy! 👍

Angle of Attack 22nd Dec 2021 09:01

Scomo is a basically corrupt marketing puppet that has passed less than 20% of the legislation that Gillard did in 4 times the amount in office. Anyone that hasn’t realised this yet must be brain dead or stupid. Everything he says turns to nothing and anything he does has been useless. You can’t polish a turd…

Aussie Bob 22nd Dec 2021 09:25

Is the passage of legislation the hallmark of a good PM? Just asking.

The one piece of legislation the feds should pass is to end the individual states closing their borders. We could become Australia again. I won’t hold my breath waiting.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.