PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Future Pilot Programme.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

UAA237
3rd May 2015, 13:43
It seems like most people get through on their second or third go.

LandingConfig
3rd May 2015, 16:19
It seems like most people get through on their second or third go.

Yes, I have yet to speak to or meet someone who got through on their first try. Does anyone know anyone who did?

EZY_FR
3rd May 2015, 16:42
I know quite a few that got through first time, some of them still use this forum on occasion.

da0092
3rd May 2015, 18:40
All of the 90 (or so) that were successful the first time the scheme was offered got through on their first attempt!

But I completely agree with what others have said, once you know what the process involves you stand a much better chance of nailing it and getting through on your 2nd or 3rd attempt :)

kirungi1
3rd May 2015, 19:17
some of them still use this forum on occasion

EZY_FR; wouldn't G-FORC3 be such good reference!? ,all rights reserved of course :ok: So, its possible but I wouldn't mind how I got in.

EZY_FR
3rd May 2015, 19:21
He's one of the guys I'm referring to :p

kirungi1
3rd May 2015, 19:31
He is an inspiration but there are many ways of skinning a cat. We build by breaking so who knows it might be third time lucky for you and others. Never ever take a no for an answer in these assessments:=

EZY_FR
3rd May 2015, 19:48
G-FORC3 will be feeling smug reading that ;). Exactly, never give up until you know you are out of contention. Down but not out!

LandingConfig
3rd May 2015, 20:08
I forgot about G-FORC3.

LadyL2013
3rd May 2015, 22:51
Out of interest is each attempt treated completely as new? For example if you applied previously and did particularly well or badly, is this on a record or is it a clean slate each time?

Tommerhawk
4th May 2015, 07:53
It is indeed. This is my second attempt and I was told at my FTO selection day that this was a clean slate.

LandingConfig
4th May 2015, 10:33
That's good to hear.

Does the first assessment have anything on the second when it comes to reviewing candidates after the second assessment? I've wondered if, say there are two candidates at the second stage who have performed extremely well, would they then look back at the FTO assessment performance?

da0092
4th May 2015, 11:00
LandingConfig,

From my understanding, everybody who passes all elements of the testing at Waterside gets invited to interview. At final interview, the assessors are able to see your scores and answers from the FTO assessment, and will consider both FTO and Wateside performance into the final decision.

So in summary, I don't think FTO performance is looked back on after stage 2, but it is during and after stage 3.

EZY_FR
4th May 2015, 13:35
Each attempt is a clean slate. However, they may ask you at the interview why you think you didn't make it the last time you applied.

SwissChrono
4th May 2015, 15:22
Hi there guys....
First time applier here, have got through to the last stage. I must say i have been impressed by how slick BA have been through out the process, went to an assessment centre last week and 2 hours after finishing they had sent me an email. Does getting to the last stage mean that i will just be judged on just the interview or do they then look back at all my results (with the possibility of them rejecting me at this stage because of test results)?

Thank you and good luck everyone...

am59fly
4th May 2015, 17:32
Congratulations to everyone invited to the final interview, and commiserations to those that were not :(

I was one of the lucky ones and I've booked the 13th.

Does anyone have any idea of how many have been invited to this final stage ?

EZY_FR
5th May 2015, 11:47
SwissChrono

Well done for getting this far in the process! Regarding your question, it will largely depend on how many people were invited to stage 4, but if 100 or less made it to this phase, then it will come down to how well the interview goes.

Stocious
5th May 2015, 11:50
Yes, I have yet to speak to or meet someone who got through on their first try. Does anyone know anyone who did?

Everyone who got in when the scheme first opened! (Hello btw :ok:)

Good luck to those attending Waterside.

kirungi1
5th May 2015, 12:52
Everyone who got in when the scheme first opened!

Stocious; nice one :ok:

LandingConfig
5th May 2015, 17:26
Everyone who got in when the scheme first opened!

Wow, you know them all?

EZY_FR
5th May 2015, 19:29
I think you're missing the point. Everyone who got in during the first intake were the first ones to get into the airline via FPP.

average-punter
5th May 2015, 20:33
From the way I read it you're missing the sarcasm...

LandingConfig
5th May 2015, 21:32
;)

Was just wondering if anyone actually knew people who had got through first time.

EZY_FR
5th May 2015, 22:35
Lol my bad ;) .Good luck to all those who had their interviews today and to those still to have them!

Ryan93
7th May 2015, 16:26
@EZY_FR - Really sorry to hear about your setback, but that's all it is - a setback til next year! I'm on my third attempt this year, interview next week - where did the number 108 come from? I know you mentioned a friend as the source but is this fact do you know?

Bluefish56
7th May 2015, 17:03
To everyone that's had an interview so far, hope it went well for you :) Were you given a date to expect a final response?

SwissChrono
7th May 2015, 17:55
Just for information. I was told this week (by BA) that 3000 applied to the scheme and BA invited 85 to interviews....

EZY_FR
7th May 2015, 19:14
Ryan93

I'm treating it as a setback so I can improve my weaknesses and make myself a stronger candidate for 2016! :)The number 108 came from a friend who posts on this forum, but that was the number of spaces BA had available to those successful at stage 3. He had his interview today and, just as what others have told me, that 85 were invited to attend stage 4. He also said that everyone will find out on May 20th, so to those waiting to hear back, note this date for your calendar! Good luck!

Ryan93
8th May 2015, 08:27
EZY_FR

I'm sure you will be, 2016 could be the year! Best of luck for when the window opens

Very interesting regarding the number of people brought forward to interview, does this mean that if everyone performs to the expected standard then in theory everyone will be accepted onto the programme?

kirungi1
8th May 2015, 08:28
I'm on my third attempt this year
Ryan93; Congratulations and good luck next week. Experience is the best teacher. Someone once said that there is no secret to success that it's a result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.

Ryan93
8th May 2015, 08:43
Thanks kirungi1 - hopefully the previous two attempts were just stepping stones, but all I can do is take it as it comes next week. Best of luck to everyone else due to be interviewed today and next week.

EZY_FR
8th May 2015, 12:38
Yes, if everyone invited to Ba stage 2 meets their standards, then everyone will get a place. Good luck!!

kirungi1
13th May 2015, 08:00
Ladies and Gentlemen, space doesn't have to be silent! Any relative customer service experiences (scenarios) would be a good debate.

wiggy
13th May 2015, 08:15
I was told this week (by BA) that 3000 applied to the scheme and BA invited 85 to interviews....

Must admit 3000 sounds a bit low, even so for the sake of context you need know how many of that three thousand met the basic requirements for further consideration and OTOH how many applicants were deficient in some area (e.g short on educational requirements, right to work in the Uk) but decided to put in an application anyway. Take the "chancers", for want of a better and more sympathetic term, out of the equation and the odds improve.

The numbers sounds daunting but to be fair all/most pilot selection processes have a high rejection rate - as has always been the case.

Of course regardless of how you feel the odds are stacked you have to be in the game to win.

kirungi1
13th May 2015, 09:56
wiggy; Limiting the number of attempts to not more than three w/could have been another handicap.

Ryan93
13th May 2015, 16:54
How have people found their interviews so far? Due to have mine tomorrow morning

claudiaupear
13th May 2015, 16:56
Me too Ryan93. See you there!

Ryan93
13th May 2015, 17:18
Ah great stuff, feeling confident?

claudiaupear
13th May 2015, 17:34
Nervous more like! Hoping a sea of calm comes over me in the morning. Looking forward to meeting you and the other candidates tomorrow. All the very best to you and everyone else this year and next. I'm the one with the long hair...

kirungi1
13th May 2015, 19:27
Ryan93 and Claudiaupear; Good luck for tomorrow, enjoy and most of all remember to smile :ok:

claudiaupear
13th May 2015, 19:37
Thanks kirungi1. I think we are the last of the interviews tomorrow. Then it's just the nervous wait, and for me, a very long flight home.

champair79
13th May 2015, 20:35
BA gave us the following figures in the presentation from memory.

Stage 1 -> 2998
Stage 2 - > 300
Stage 3 -> 140
Stage 4 -> 85

Can't remember the numbers exactly for stage 2 and 3 but think the figures were around that. Stage 2 might have been approx. 300 per FTO rather than total.

Yes, the '3 times and you're out' would have had a big bearing on how many were eligible. I must admit I thought more would have applied for stage 1 but hey ho.

Good luck to those still to have their interviews.

ManUtd1999
13th May 2015, 22:47
We got told 700 ish at stage 2. I think the whole process goes to illustrate just how high the standard set by BA is. They set a target at ~100 for this year, but couldn't get anywhere near that with 3000 applicants. You really are competing purely against a standard, nobody else. Most other jobs aren't like that, there are more candidates meeting the criteria than there are jobs so you have to prove why you're the best option.

EZY_FR
13th May 2015, 23:08
I'm pretty sure 700 made it to stage 2, but the fact that 3000 applicants weren't enough to meet their desired quota does say a lot about their high standards.

acer_1992
14th May 2015, 21:39
How has everyone found their final interviews for those who have had them?

Capewell
15th May 2015, 06:19
You sit in a little room and people ask you questions :rolleyes:

Tommerhawk
15th May 2015, 07:53
I was quite disappointed with my performance to be honest - struggled to answer one or two tricky questions. Judging from the standard BA has set so far with the numbers (85 interviews for 100 places) I'm sure that may well be enough to derail me at this final hurdle!

Alas, our failures are of course our greatest lessons and I shall come back stronger if it doesn't happen this year.

Best of luck to all those also awaiting their fate. I met some crackin' folks at both of my Waterside days, fully deserving of a place on the FPP.

Capewell
15th May 2015, 08:06
Dont beat yourself up, you've done your best just wait for the verdict.

kirungi1
15th May 2015, 08:55
...struggled to answer one or two tricky questions...

Tommerhawk; This in itself speaks volumes. It could have been worse. Well done & best of luck :ok:

Tommerhawk
15th May 2015, 09:20
Thank-you Capewell & kirungi1. For now it's back to work and another long and torturous wait!

ManUtd1999
15th May 2015, 09:22
Pretty similar to Tommerhawk for me I guess. It was by no means a disaster but there were a couple of questions, 1 in particular, which I feel I could/should have answered better. With the standards so high, my gut feeling is that I probably missed out, but you never know.

Capewell
15th May 2015, 09:34
Is today the last day of interviewing? At the end of the day they are not going to make it easy for anyone so you may have done better than you think...

I'm finding the waiting worse than the interview!

kirungi1
15th May 2015, 09:57
ManUtd1999; Its got to be the benefit of hindsight and of course human nature that you have to feel that way. Fingers crossed for you and others. Good luck :ok:

funkyt111
15th May 2015, 10:07
Hey guys and girls,

I was there yesterday. The part with the pilot went very well and the bit HR bit went reasonably well but there were a couple of questions I feel I could have answered miles better. I had lots of prepared examples that would have been perfect for 1-2 questions but I didn't use them and ended up improvising on the spot. :ugh:

It's normal to feel that things didn't go as well as you thought. When I came out the interview I was delighted but now having had time to reflect on the day in more detail I know I could have done miles better in certain areas..

Best of luck folks. :ok:

kirungi1
15th May 2015, 10:21
Funky111; you are the class of 85. It has to be a lot of unsettling at interview to knock you out. You're one foot in :ok:

funkyt111
15th May 2015, 10:40
Kirungi,

Your vote of confidence is very much appreciated! With this being my 3rd and final attempt, you can understand why I am somewhat pessimistic.

kirungi1
15th May 2015, 10:52
Funky111; Yours is a tell of absolute passion and I would like to think the person(s) in that interview room with you found pointers in these three attempts. Some are more deserving than others! Well done :D

funkyt111
15th May 2015, 11:22
Thank you very much. I'm sure there are other people in a similar situation to me applying 3 times. Hopefully I'll have a nice email on Wednesday. If not then BA wasn't meant to be for me....That doesn't mean I won't be back as DEP in 6-7 years though! :)

ScottC95
15th May 2015, 11:37
I think that everyone is feeling the same, I feel the interview with the pilot went well but in the HR member section I feel I could have answered a couple better. She asked for more when I answered so I must have missed a key word that they were looking for and looking back I still can't think what it could have been. Very best of luck to you all for the 20th, I hope that we all get the yes that we have been dreaming about!

EZY_FR
15th May 2015, 11:55
You've taken a very good approach to this funky, certainly the attitude that separates the great pilots from the good.
I wish everyone waiting for the final outcome the best of luck, I met some very capable people at both FTE and at Waterside and it pleases me to see that most of them made it this far. Hopefully I will be in your position this time next year!

Capewell
15th May 2015, 13:12
The day I was there all the other candidates were on their third attempt so you are definately not the only one.

Fingers crossed for next Wednesday!!!

JDA2012
17th May 2015, 23:16
Right, now that all of the interviews are out of the way...

First off, good luck to all those still in the game. By passing all of the previous tests, every one of you has shown you have the aptitude and potential to do this - in some ways, that makes holding the final interviews in isolation a bit of an oddity...

As we were told on the day, all of the black and white, yes/no assessment is done and dusted, and hopefully we've all passed the interview "sanity check" to ensure that we are a fit for the BA culture and lifestyle. Having already passed one interview along much the same lines, you would hope that this would be the case.

That said, it's best not to assume, and I'm going to say now that I wasn't at all happy with my interview performance, and I just don't think that I did enough, or to some extent that the particular questions which came my way allowed me best to demonstrate the sheer passion and devotion which I have put into preparing for this process over the last 12 months and beyond.

Them, as they say, is the breaks - perhaps I'm overly critical as I thought I'd messed up the previous assessment as well and that went OK! I was (somewhat sadly) saving my 100th post for the good news on Wednesday but I wouldn't want to assume, so I'll instead use it to wish you all well. I feel better getting back into the chat anyway, what a great bunch of people you are :)

I have wanted to fly for a very long time, but I made some questionable decisions in my youth that lead me away from that path; a path which I now find myself longing desperately to re-join. As such, I really respect those of you that have the strength of mind and the drive to pursue your dream whole-heartedly from the get-go.

I do believe that the whole process (including failure last year) has made me a much better person and allowed me to grow. I am sure that I will be able to do the same for next year if it comes down to it, but I am trying not to think about that at present as the price of a second failure will be high - I have perhaps put a little too much of myself into this, as I am sure have we all!

Anyway, to Wednesday - may it bring you good news. For myself, even with the above doubts I am still keeping the faith - it ain't over 'til it's over! :ok:

EZY_FR
17th May 2015, 23:33
Don't be conclusive yet JDA, people who think they haven't done well at an interview end up doing much better than they expect. I thought I screwed up the FTE FPP interview, which obviously turned out not to be the case. You need to believe in yourself.
Wednesday is a massive day for those still in the game, so I wish you all the best of luck!

Capewell
18th May 2015, 08:09
Its not a chance for you to show off remember, the whole point of an interview is to see if you can think on your feet and how you react to a bit of pressure. Everyone who was there must have prepared a massive spiel about how much they love flying, and how much they love BA etc so they are not going to learn anything about you by letting you waffle on about these topics.

Just wait till Wednesday, you've probably done a lot better than you think...

Cpt_Hook
18th May 2015, 08:37
Hi everyone,

Best of luck to everyone waiting to find out their final results. Wednesday can't come fast enough! I've seen a few people mention that there's more places than candidates remaining, so we're competing against a benchmark, not each other. Just wanted to confirm that I was told the same thing at Waterside too.

Is there anyone on here who had their final interview on 05/05? Everyone I've met so far both at FTO assessment (Oxford for me) and Waterside has been really friendly and enthusiastic so best of luck to everyone, I'd love to have you all as course mates if we make it!

Does anybody know when we'll find out what our course start date is once we find out if we're successful?

claudiaupear
18th May 2015, 08:42
If it's any consolation, I'm not sure it's possible to summarise a passion that is so great without sounding like a bit of a nutter, I know I came out thinking it could have been a much better interview and was asked a fraction of the questions I had hoped for. However, it's done now and I cannot go back in time so it is in the hands of BA now. I have no doubt that all of us know how badly we want good news on Wednesday and I sincerely hope that it comes. Personally, I am dreading opening the e-mail.

funkyt111
18th May 2015, 08:58
@claudiaupear

I believe you were there on Thursday? I'm sure we had a conversation. You were in the early morning group right? I don't think there is one person that has come out of the interview who feels that they absolutely nailed it. I for sure didn't and like you claudiaupear, none of the questions I had hoped for came up and the ones that did, for some reason I used a completely different example than the ones I had prepared. I guess that's what pressure does to you!

I'm also dreading opening the email...The thought of it makes my heart pound!

Best of luck though folks. I hope we all get the news we have been waiting for.

kirungi1
18th May 2015, 09:35
I for sure didn't and like you claudiaupear, none of the questions I had hoped for came up and the ones that did, for some reason I used a completely different example than the ones I had prepared. I guess that's what pressure does to you!

Funky111; I think Capewell and EZY_FR have posted beautifully.

the whole point of an interview is to see if you can think on your feet and how you react to a bit of pressure.

claudiaupear
18th May 2015, 09:39
Yes, I was there on Thursday morning. Fighting jetlag now! As we are several hours ahead here, it will be late evening before I get the e mail. Either way, I don't think I'll sleep much that evening. I'm trying to work out my strategy for opening...just go for it in the style of a 5 year old at a birthday party or calm and considered...

funkyt111
18th May 2015, 09:53
I thought so. Jetlag because you were flying to Australia correct? I was the mixed race chap who was delighted with the pilot that was interviewing me. :) Thanks for for the reassurances before I went in. It certainly helped. :ok:

claudiaupear
18th May 2015, 10:01
Ah, fantastic! Was great to meet you, enjoyed the chat. Hope it went ok for you. The last thing I wanted was to come out and tell you guys it was awful so I tried to keep it all positive! Best of luck for you and yes, Australia!

funkyt111
18th May 2015, 10:05
Best of luck to you too. :ok:

EMB-145LR
18th May 2015, 13:46
Congratulations to everyone that made it this far. I recently passed the DEP Selection for BA and just wanted to offer some reassurance. I came out of each of the three stages of selection (albeit a little different from the FPP process) convinced that I hadn't been able to display all I had to offer and anticipating a rejection email. To have made it this far is a huge achievement. BA want you to succeed, there are places for all of you if you meet the standard, and I'm sure the vast majority have.

I was nearly in tears on my way home after my interview at BA (not very becoming for a man in his late twenties!). I had practiced so much and had prepared all of my answers using the STAR format, knowing exactly what I wanted to convey. Of course none of the questions I thought I'd be asked came up. I felt as if I hadn't been able to do myself justice in showing my passion for my career and BA. I was convinced it was game over. However, two days later I got the nod to progress to the simulator at stage three.

We all have preconceptions of how we think the perfect interview will go, but in reality there is no perfect interview. As long as you stayed focused, didn't ramble and continued to be positive and concise, I'm sure you've done enough.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. Congratulations again!

funkyt111
18th May 2015, 14:14
EMB-145LR

Thank you. I think this is exactly the kind of reassurance us hopefuls need!

Whilst still trying not to get my hopes up too much, your feedback is very much appreciated. :ok:

JDA2012
18th May 2015, 16:31
EMB-145LR - seconding what funky said, it has really helped to get your perspective on this. Congratulations on already having made it; there are many of us very keen to earn a seat next to you!

EZY/Capewell/claudiaupear - thanks also for your thoughts. It's good to know I'm not alone in how I feel about all this. BA have high standards to uphold, so I suppose it can only be a good thing that we all have our own high standards with which we compare ourselves.

Cpt_Hook - hello and welcome! Good to see a new face - we usually get an influx of candidates / cadets around this time and no doubt Wednesday will bring a few more. I am also an OAA candidate and was at Waterside on the 7th. Looking forward to seeing you there! Looking at last year's posts, decisions were emailed on 11th April and course start dates on 19th May, so make of that what you will.

kirungi1
19th May 2015, 07:31
...so I suppose it can only be a good thing that we all have our own high standards with which we compare ourselves

Very, if not the most, important point and it's reflected through out the recruitment process but there is the element of luck in between as well :ok:

Ryan93
19th May 2015, 13:21
How is everybody feeling about tomorrow? The positivity I had leaving my interview has quickly faded away as the 20th gets closer. The nerves seem to be a bit worse this time with it being my third application - how are people in a similar boat to me feeling?

funkyt111
19th May 2015, 13:25
Exactly the same situation Ryan, exactly the same feeling. Nervous isn't the word!!

Ryan93
19th May 2015, 13:37
Funky - Pleased I'm not alone in voicing the nerves, it's one of those situations you can never really be sure how you've done until you're told in black and white... After receiving two negatives for two consecutive years I'm almost ready for another, even though I gave it my all this time round. Best of luck for tomorrow though, hopefully most will receive the good news!

funkyt111
19th May 2015, 13:43
I'm exactly the same Ryan. I've getting used to rejection! I genuinely gave it my everything too. I've been preparing since last year. Was my performance the best on the day? No, it definitely was not. The pilot part went well but the HR bit was a bit of a blur and I know I could have answered the competency questions miles better than I did. :\ It's going to be a tough nights sleep.

claudiaupear
19th May 2015, 13:44
Nervous pretty much sums it up for me. We are 9 hrs ahead here too so it will be late evening. Trying to keep busy to prevent constant checking of e mails. Either way, it will be good to know and then move on one way or the other. Once you've got over the delight, let us know how you get on. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.

Ryan93
19th May 2015, 13:57
funky - At least you know you're not alone, and there will be others in our shoes too. I always find that it is far easier to remember the negatives from an interview as opposed to remembering the positives, therefore all you can do is try and focus on what went well and approach tomorrow's email with a positive outlook - regardless of the outcome. If we are unsuccessful, then the FPP obviously wasn't our route, but that doesn't mean we won't approach BA in the future.

@claudiaupear - I'm definitely not jealous of your situation due to the time difference, but you have obviously approached the interview in an enthusiastic and committed mindset so I wish you all the best.

Bluefish56
19th May 2015, 14:25
This time tomorrow we should all be out of our stressful waiting misery one way or another, hopefully for the better! I've got my fingers crossed for everyone here that it's a good email we get.

Ryan93
19th May 2015, 14:29
Bluefish - Which FTO did you apply through?

Bluefish56
19th May 2015, 14:47
How is everybody feeling about tomorrow? The positivity I had leaving my interview has quickly faded away as the 20th gets closer.

Feeling pretty sick with nerves myself now, just keep trying to remind myself of positives but it's so hard to ignore all the niggles about what could have gone better! Got a 10hr flight tomorrow so if I recieve bad news, taking my mind off it won't be easy.

Nervous pretty much sums it up for me. We are 9 hrs ahead here too so it will be late evening.

@claudiaupear - I believe 9hrs time difference means birthday wishes are required...here's hoping it's one to remember for a good reason :)

JDA2012
19th May 2015, 16:09
Counting down by the hour now rather than by the day - I'm working from Slough this week and pretty much right under the flight path for Heathrow departures. 2nd attempt for me, feeling pretty much the same as the rest of you (a bit of a wreck) and will be very glad once this is all over - but truly gutted if the news is not good.

I'm realising now that although I took this job to be close to Heathrow and to allow me to visit the London airports, Waterside and various other locations as and when I want, and so better prepare for the FPP (Manchester is not so convenient), it's going to make it very difficult for me if I have to sit here and watch BA planes going over for the foreseeable future - so near and yet so far is certainly the case!

We have to remain positive - it has been a long journey, but we are almost at the end. A much longer and greater journey beckons; I'm looking forward to taking it with you all. :ok:

EZY_FR
19th May 2015, 16:27
I feel for you guys, the pain you all must be going through must be hellish. You are all worthy of a place in this scheme!
Good luck!

Cpt_Hook
19th May 2015, 16:42
Sounds like everyone is feeling nervous, which is pretty understandable (I'm in the same boat as a few of you on my 3rd and final chance). Don't wanna get peoples hopes up too much but remember there's a place for all of us at this stage and we've all already passed all the important stuff (the tests that determine we can actually pass the training course and fly aeroplanes thereafter) so the final interview was probably more about personal presentation and cultural fit with BA. I know my interview didn't go perfectly but hopefully a few niggles will be overlooked as it sounds like a lot of us have done the same thing. Good luck again to everyone, fingers crossed for good news all round come the 'morrow!

kirungi1
19th May 2015, 17:12
By coincidence, I have this appointment that I have been dreading with the dentist, tomorrow 20/5 (I mean for root canal treatment, whether they use any general anaesthatic, I have no idea but I've asked in the past) :} TBH, your discomfort is understandable but a very good one which I would have loved to share.
Somethings are better left unsaid but the thoughts and imaginations of what w/could be, can be so unsettling. That said, mine doesn't compare to what you are handling. Maybe mental toughness would help!

Bluefish56
19th May 2015, 17:55
Bluefish - Which FTO did you apply through?

FTE, had my interview early on the 7th

claudiaupear
19th May 2015, 19:50
Bluefish56. Many thanks! I do hope it is a nice birthday present.

funkyt111
19th May 2015, 20:45
Well tomorrow is the day. It's going to be like opening up a potentially winning lottery ticket but instead of numbers, it'll simply be a yes or a no...

I'm wishing everybody the absolute best of luck. I am in no doubt that you would all make fine pilots. I really hope everybody gets the news they've been waiting for. Everyone I have spoken has demonstrated fantastic motivation and whether or not we are successful tomorrow we WILL achieve this dream. It's an eventuality so don't ever give up..

Fingers crossed. :ok:

claudiaupear
19th May 2015, 20:58
Funkyt111. Hope you get some sleep! It's Wednesday morning already here in Australia. Couldn't agree more with your sentiment. I have a newspaper cutting of a 12 year old version of me, expressing my wish to become a pilot. Well, you know which birthday I have coming up..so it has been a long long long commitment and today is the day it may just pay off for us. Wishing you all the very best and look forward to hearing all your good news.

funkyt111
19th May 2015, 21:04
Claudiaupear,

Your story was fantastic. I absolutely loved it and I think its fantastic what you are doing. Never give up regardless of what happens tomorrow. Life is too short to not chase your dreams! You'll 100% get there. :ok:

kirungi1
20th May 2015, 08:49
I've just managed to come through (ahem dentist's); It's relief for me though finally! I'm hopeful this day will bring you too, yes you, relief and the start of your next chapter into your dreams. Good luck!

Bluefish56
20th May 2015, 09:06
Currently sat in LHR T3 waiting for my flight later...this is not an easy place to wait for this news!

EZY_FR
20th May 2015, 09:33
Hope you at least find out before you catch your flight! Waiting for 8 or so hours for news would kill me!

Ryan93
20th May 2015, 10:31
I wonder when the emails will come - the suspense is a real struggle, can't say I've ever felt this tense before

JDA2012
20th May 2015, 10:34
With you there Ryan! In the office in Slough desperately trying to get some work done and jumping up each time my phone picks up an email (which is usually a notification of a post here, so sorry if I've just set you all off again with this one :O)

Depending on news, I'd certainly be up for a quick meet up with anyone in the area later (I'm a long way from home!). Bluefish - what time are you flying out?

Bluefish56
20th May 2015, 10:44
I keep jumping everytime someone txts me to ask if I've heard, I haven't even told that many people but pretty much everyone that does know has asked me if I've found out yet!

EZY_FR
20th May 2015, 10:56
Have you guys checked your Ba careers page? I found out I received an invite to fte via that page before I received the email.

JohnnieDee
20th May 2015, 11:09
I hate to see everyone suffering like this (me included), so here goes: I was told by BA on the phone a while ago to expect an email at 4PM. I hope that helps a little bit.

claudiaupear
20th May 2015, 11:10
Argh. It's already 2110 here...

Bluefish56
20th May 2015, 11:13
4PM! On our interview day they said 'hopefully by lunchtime', this wait is awful!

JDA2012
20th May 2015, 11:32
Email received 12:10, I am in, family informed and then came straight here :)

Good luck to the rest of you - you're a great bunch of guys and gals and I hope you'll be joining me in the skies.

Drinks at Heathrow later anyone? :ok:

kirungi1
20th May 2015, 11:33
JDA2012; Congratulations and well done :ok: Best of luck and also, you have got some explaining to do!

claudiaupear
20th May 2015, 11:49
Fantastic news JDA, well done!

Bluefish56
20th May 2015, 11:54
Congrats JDA! Fantastic news :)

Anyone else heard? I'm still awaiting the email...

Ryan93
20th May 2015, 12:06
Congratulations JDA! I'm yet to receive an email, slightly worried now :\

claudiaupear
20th May 2015, 12:09
Also still waiting.

EZY_FR
20th May 2015, 12:12
You know my thoughts JDA, massive congrats!! Can't say I'm not disappointed to not be in your position right now, I would be lying if I said otherwise, but I could not be happier for you! You've worked so hard to get to where you are now, so it's time to reap the benefits!

ScottC95
20th May 2015, 12:25
I got my acceptance email at 12.28, happiest moment of my life so far! First timer applier here too so I'm extremely shocked! Good luck to everyone still waiting, you all deserve a yes!

Capewell
20th May 2015, 13:30
I'm in too, wow what a relief!

JDA2012
20th May 2015, 13:33
Congratulations Capewell - did you apply through OAA as well?

Ryan93
20th May 2015, 13:34
Huge congratulations capewell, which FTO did you apply through again?

Still waiting here, today feels like forever

Cpt_Hook
20th May 2015, 14:01
Congratulations JDA and Capewell, I've just had the thumbs up too! Made up about it, can't wait to get started now!

Anyone else from OAA had good news?

Also, really sorry to anyone who didn't get the news they wanted today. I've been knocked back twice before and I know how it feels, but never give up on the dream - it isn't over until you say it is!

Capewell
20th May 2015, 14:07
I'm going to OAA, got the email at 12.30.

kirungi1
20th May 2015, 14:15
Capewell; Massive big-ups :ok: you have won

EZY_FR
20th May 2015, 14:18
Well done capewell! Has anyone from CTC or fte received anything yet?

Capewell
20th May 2015, 14:20
Thanks everyone, fingers crossed for those still waiting!

Ryan93
20th May 2015, 14:26
EZY - I'm with FTE and haven't heard yet.

Fostex
20th May 2015, 14:52
Just got a Congratulations email from BA, I am with FTE.

:ok:

Ryan93
20th May 2015, 14:59
After three attempts the goods news is here! I'm in with FTE, best of luck to people still waiting

Cessnaflyer87
20th May 2015, 15:17
Still no news for me... Anyone else at CTC still waiting?

champair79
20th May 2015, 15:18
Got a yes too. I'm with CTC. Over the moon!!!!

EZY_FR
20th May 2015, 15:27
Well done everyone!!

funkyt111
20th May 2015, 15:46
Currently absolutely speechless.....Just received the good news!!! Third and final attempt. Well done to everyone else that has been successful today! Commiserations to those that have not.

LandingConfig
20th May 2015, 15:52
Anyone who was at the 31st March FTE assessment got the good news?

Cessnaflyer87
20th May 2015, 15:53
On the third attempt I failed. GUtted. Well done everyone!

EZY_FR
20th May 2015, 15:57
I'm so sorry cessnaflyer :( . There are loads of other opportunities coming up over the next year that will get you in that RHS! If you got this far with FPP, then other airlines will grab you!

Ryan93
20th May 2015, 15:57
Cessnaflyer87 - I'm gutted to hear that for you, that doesn't mean the dream's over, keep chasing it!

JDA2012
20th May 2015, 16:15
cessnaflyer - so sorry to hear that; I recognise you from last year's FPP and you've been at this a year longer than I have, so it must hurt to be rejected a third time in a row. Hopefully you have learned from the experience each time.

It may help you to know that of the five of us ppruners that passed the initial paper sift but were then turned down last year (that I know of - including yourself), at least three have managed to get onto cadet programmes since then: funky and I on this year's FPP and LastPastThePost on the 2014 Easyjet MPL. Last I heard of the fifth, hawkeye, he was applying to AirServices Australia as ATC - not sure how that went but my point is that there are always options for a way into the industry and it's always worth giving it another go. :ok:

My commisserations to everyone that has fallen at the final hurdle; I am certain that you all have the potential to succeed in this and do hope that we will have the opportunity to work together in the future, either via FPP or a future DEP intake.

Congratulations to everyone that has been successful - sorry to single one of you out (you are all exceptional people), but especially to funky. A sure bet if ever I saw one!

kirungi1
20th May 2015, 16:17
Funky111 and Ryan93; very tight hugs to you, we'll done:D

claudiaupear
20th May 2015, 16:31
Happy birthday to me. :)

EZY_FR
20th May 2015, 16:35
Happy birthday and congrats! Must be the best birthday gift anyone could ask for!

claudiaupear
20th May 2015, 16:47
EZY-FR. You are not kidding and if anyone needs a pick me up after receiving bad news. I'm proof, don't give up. This has been 28 years...yes,28 years a dream. I'm 40 today. Thanks to you all for support and encouragement. You're a great bunch of people.

bangaio
20th May 2015, 17:00
Congratulations to you all, I had my first go last year and with a baby on the way put it on hold for a while but who knows, I am hoping that this will be running for a few more years!

smatticus
20th May 2015, 17:11
Hi all

Long time reader, first time poster (on this thread anyway).

Massive congratulations to all who have received the good news, and props for your generally positive/supportive internet demeanour. You're an example to all aspiring pilots and PPRUNE users!

Still waiting to hear, beginning to think that they won't be sending all of the emails out until tomorrow. Anyone else still waiting to hear?

Starting to wonder if they're saving all the unsuccessfuls until last, given the high success rate posted on this forum so far. I really hope not......... :s

EZY_FR
20th May 2015, 17:29
It pleases me to see so many people with the proper attitude getting places. You've all done incredibly well and deserve this amazing moment!

I would have loved to have shared that success with you all today, but success doesn't come without failure! Hope to join you all in a BA flight deck in a few years!

:)

ManUtd1999
20th May 2015, 17:33
Well it was a no for me :{. First of all though massive congrats to everyone that got through, you all deserve it :ok: Obviously I'm disappointed but there are certainly positives to take away. Going into the process I felt the interview would be the stage that I was least prepared for, so it's re-assuring to know that my own assessment of my skills is similar to BA's. The opportunity for feedback should stand me in good stead for next year. The number of people getting through on their 2nd/3rd attempt is certainly heartening.

Once again, congratulations to the successful candidates. For everyone else, here's to FPP 2016 :ok:

funkyt111
20th May 2015, 17:42
Hello folks,

It still hasn't sank in. Currently enjoying a glass of champagne with my fiance. I honestly could not be happier. Has anyone ever seen the film pursuit of happiness? If not, I suggest you watch it. That's how I feel right now.

To the folks that weren't successful this year. Don't give up on your dream. You'll get there. I applied to BA initially in 2012 and although I made it through to the final stage. I was unsuccessful. I then applied again in 2013, again I was unsuccessful. I applied to Aer Lingus and reached final stages and was unsuccessful. I applied to Virgin, guess what? Unsuccessful. This is my 5th of attempt. Make of this what you will...

PPrune users, Naturals & GF0RC3 last year demonstrated exactly how hard they had worked to earn their place on the Future Pilot Programme. Read GF0RC3 blog Full Speedbird Ahead | My journey through the British Airways Future Pilot Programme (http://www.bafpp.co.uk/). Read Naturals post on page 108 of this thread.

It is all about preparation. I started preparing 1 year ago when I received the rejection email from BA. Firstly, as verbal reasoning was one of my weakest areas and part of the reason why I failed in 2014, I challenged myself to reading The Times newspaper on a daily basis, New Scientist Magazine and National Geographic magazine on weekly basis all just to improve my verbal reasoning ability (this post isn't the best example that my verbal ability has improved). I passed this year and surprisingly found the test quite straight forward. I have two A4 notepads filled with notes about British Airways and examples from my life where I have demonstrated the qualities that BA were looking for. I have been practicing interview questions for the past 6 months even before I knew the FPP was going to open. I even had interview training with Airline Prep and Aviation Shake, two companies I highly recommend. There are lots of other things I did to prepare but the truth is this is the level of preparation I needed to do to be successful.

So, don't give up. If you want this bad enough and your willing to work for it then I can almost guarantee that you will get there. For the people that are on their third attempt, there are other schemes out there so keep on going and DO NOT look back.

If anyone wants any help or advice for assessments in the future then please don't hesitate to message me. I'm happy to help because I for one no exactly how much this means and I thank everyone who has helped me so far in achieving this dream - Naturals, GF0RC3, MaydayMaydayMayday,TheTravellingLemon, Coriolis Effect, Fulltanks to name a few. I can't thank you enough.

Anyway, now I'm off to finish off the champagne!

Best of luck for the future folks :ok:

TheTravellingLemon
20th May 2015, 17:44
Hi all, just wanted to say a huge congratulations to those of you who received good news today. It's great to see such a strong sense of cameraderie on this thread. I was lucky enough to be selected for the first FPP back in 2011. It's a long journey to that right hand seat, and it certainly isn't easy, but I've now been at BA for over 18 months and already clocked up 1100 hours on the Airbus. I still can't wait to go to work each day - it honestly is a dream come true! Very best of luck with the course and I'll see you at BA!

claudiaupear
20th May 2015, 18:15
Funkyt111. I only met you briefly but what a great guy and what determination. So very pleased for you. Great advice too. I'll be having a celebratory drink soon but it's the middle of the night here!

funkyt111
20th May 2015, 19:04
@claudiaupear,

Same goes to you! Your the perfect example as to why you should never give up on your dream. It's never too late... Congratulations again. You've done your family proud. :ok:

smatticus
20th May 2015, 19:49
Well, still haven't heard anything, don't expect to hear until tomorrow now. Don't really know what to make of it, but taking a pragmatic attitude that I've probably not made the grade once again. Still, ready to take my PPL this summer and apply again next year if worse comes to worst :)

Anyone else in the same position, or was I the one and only person out of 85 (or however many it was) who didn't get any news today?

average-punter
20th May 2015, 22:45
Congratulations to those who made it, you have been selected from a large number of applicants and obviously had what BA are looking for. The hard work starts now, there are 14 ATPL exams to pass along with a number of demanding flight tests before reaching the ultimate goal. My advice would be to take each stage at a time, don't treat each stage as a box ticking exercise but rather add it to your "tool box" and use the subsequent stages to build upon it. At times the course will be tough and it's no secret that the courses that bond together as a group the best achieve the best results, the course will give you some excellent new friends along with some brilliant memories.

For those that weren't successful. I'm sorry to hear that, I know it's unpleasant to find out and puts a total downer on the day. I recommend a few days away from anything aviation related and just get out there and do some activities you enjoy. What is important moving on from here is adopting the correct attitude, I know it's natural to apportion blame elsewhere but it's so important to complete a thorough self-analysis of your performance at every stage and try to work out what you can improve on for the future. Luckily BA have made this fairly easy this year being that the final stage is the interview so this process becomes far easier!

I'm unsure if BA provide feedback? I would certainly recommend giving them a call to find out. Think about the questions you were asked? Do you feel you conveyed everything that you wanted to? It's well worth starting to document everything you do in both your professional and personal life that could be used to answer a competency based interview question, very soon you will have a rather large document and it makes preparation far easier. Like with anything a healthy dose of luck is required, it may be on this day you rolled a one but could just have easily rolled a six. However, what isn't based on luck is how you use the time in between application periods to improve yourself to increase the chances for next time. For many it may mark the end of the road with the BA FPP - however do bear in mind it certainly isn't the only route to the RHS and certainly not the only route into BA.

I wish everyone the best of luck for the future.

claudiaupear
21st May 2015, 03:13
Great advice average-punter for both those who got the good news and those that didn't. You are quite right, the hard work begins soon and hopefully it will be enjoyable as well as extremely challenging.

naturals
21st May 2015, 03:45
PPRuNe users, Naturals & GF0RC3 last year demonstrated exactly how hard they had worked to earn their place on the Future Pilot Programme. Read GF0RC3 blog Full Speedbird Ahead | My journey through the British Airways Future Pilot Programme. Read Naturals post on page 108 of this thread.

Thanks for the mention! Those of you who didn't make it, don't give up. I didn't get in first time; I know it's a bitter blow but it's also one of the best learning experiences life can give you.

Those who did make it; congratulations and, if you're OAA, I'll see you in the Autumn.

Ryan93
21st May 2015, 08:11
smatticus - Have you heard anything yet? Which FTO did you apply to?

Bluefish56
21st May 2015, 08:34
I got the good news yesterday just as my flight was boarding, seems my post at that time didn't make it to forum. In the past 15hrs I've been on 2 flights between 3 international airports and it still hasnt sunk in that one day I'll hopefully be the one on the flight deck. I'm over the moon wth the result and a fantastic start to my holiday!

Congratulations to everyone that's had the good news, and to those that weren't successful this time, listen to those more eloquent than me and believe that there's always a next time or another way and never give up on the dream.

JDA2012
21st May 2015, 08:58
Well done bluefish, welcome to the club and enjoy your trip! Which FTO did you apply through?

Ryan93
21st May 2015, 09:05
Congratulations bluefish - bet that made the flight considerably more enjoyable. :D

LadyL2013
21st May 2015, 09:49
Congratulations to all who have been granted their dream. Hopefully I will be joining you in the skies one day. I was unable to apply this year due to certain commitments, but I will be applying again next year if it re-opens after beung unsucfessful in 2013. Something worth mentioning is that on my selection days, I met people on their 3rd attempts that then went on to be successful. What's worth pointing out is that not all of them got through to final stages before, in fact one guy had had his initial application rejected twice and was successful on his third attempt. Others had got to the final stage the first time, were rejected at the initial application on the second time and were successful on the third. My point is, don't give up based on how you did on your first or second attempts, if you work hard you can definitely be third time lucky.

smatticus
21st May 2015, 10:08
Well gentlemen (and ladies), looks like I'll be joining you in the RHS as well!!!!! Got my offer this morning, they had a mix up with the emails, but I got a phone call and a subsequent email at 10:31 today. Feeling absolutely ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joined via CTC for those who asked.

Once again, massive congrats to those in the same boat as me, and commiserations to those who didn't, but keep trying, and you'll get what you ultimately deserve.

Now, time to go and reap the rewards :O

Ryan93
21st May 2015, 10:20
smatticus - Huge congratulations, very strange regarding the email mix-up but I can only imagine the relief you're under. Well done!

wiggy
21st May 2015, 11:07
Firstly congratulations to those who were successful, commiserations to those who were not...

Now, time to go and reap the rewards

Without wishing to rain on anyone's parade in particular please be aware you're still very much at the beginning of a long process ( probably a "journey" in HR cuddly speak) that hopefully will end up in a year or two in the RHS of a BA aircraft.

So by all means enjoy the moment, make the most of it for sure, but be sure to be ready for the hard work that will start at the FTO and will continue right through your line training at BA and beyond....

JDA2012
21st May 2015, 12:08
smatticus - very well done! The first email I received after my FTO assessment stated that "I regret to advise you that you have not met the British Airways criteria and sadly we will not be taking your applications forward" - one swift correction, two more rounds of assessment and six weeks later and here I am. I assume that, as I did, you feel a little confused but very happy! An emotional rollercoaster indeed...

1mag1n3
21st May 2015, 13:01
While I do have an underlying jealousy for those who have made it, I would just like to say congratulations and best of luck going forward for all of you. Of course now the hard work starts - but it will be very enjoyable hard work with an incredible end goal.

Best of luck everyone, and the hard work starts for all of us wanting to make it next time!

JDA2012
21st May 2015, 13:37
Right, the dust has settled a little here and I think I've now replied to all of the PMs and emails :)

I would like to extend my very sincere thanks to the following (sorry for turning this into the Oscars!):

- My fiancée, who has been very supportive during a process which is going to lead to a lot of changes and uncertainty for us
- My parents, who have told me to stop worrying and being so critical of myself at every step of the process and had a lot more faith in me than I did myself
- A.N.T. Flying School at Blackpool Airport, where I earned my PPL (http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/511455-28-day-20-flying-45h50m-ppl-completed-ant-blackpool.html), NR and IR(R) and 121 hours SEP time
- Paul, Jim and Howard of the BA Heritage Collection at Waterside, who were excellent and knowledgable hosts
- The crew of BA189 on 18/11/2014, for putting up with my questions and persistent study of various bits of the aircraft
- The caretakers and hosts of the institutions housing Concordes AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, ST, DN and FA (haven't visited the others yet but am sure they are just as impressive)
- All of the supportive fellow candidates here, but especially funkyt111 and EZY_FR, who have both gone above and beyond in the assistance and support they have shared
- All of the equally supportive current pilots and existing cadets who have shared their insights, particularly G-F0RC3, wiggy, FullTanks and naturals
- The existing cadets and BA pilots who took the time to chat with me and answer my questions on the FPP programme and BA lifestyle (and whom I will not name as I wouldn't want them to be swamped with requests, sorry!)
- The lovely chap who debriefed me following a failed (non-FPP) OAA assessment day last summer - I remember him saying that the joy of his position was to be able to see people who had previously been rejected learn and grow from the experience and come back stronger to a successful outcome. I hope I can bring a smile to his face when I return to Oxford
- All of the FPP cadets who have kindly shared their experiences online, including:

British airways future pilot programme blog | Speedbird cadet (http://speedbirdcadet.com/tag/british-airways-future-pilot-programme-blog/)
https://rossthepilot.wordpress.com/
Full Speedbird Ahead | My journey through the British Airways Future Pilot Programme (http://www.bafpp.co.uk/)

I have an enormously detailed breakdown of the preparation which I put into this year's application, but I will not subject you to it here. If anyone is interested, or would just like to ask any questions, then please do get in touch and I will try to assist in whatever way I can (without revealing anything about the process itself!). It has been a lot of work (and it still will be!) over a long time, but it has all been worthwhile.

You cannot be too prepared for this process, and should approach it as though there is always someone who has put in just that little bit more effort or has that tiny bit more motivation than you have and to whose level you should aspire - because there probably is!

Remember also that BA have never yet achieved their desired intake numbers, so if you meet the standard, you will get in. Your fellow candidates are not your enemy, nor are they your competition in any real sense, and you will find a community of like-minded, supportive friends once you realise this. You will also enjoy the process a lot more and will find that any group exercises go much more smoothly!

LandingConfig
21st May 2015, 14:05
Excellent post JDA :ok:

It's great seeing all these posts, you can feel the sense of achievement in everyone. Would love to share that same feeling in the coming years.

Massive congrats to all those successful this year, best of luck with the training, look forward to hearing about those first flights!

G-F0RC3
21st May 2015, 15:40
Congratulations to those who have been successful! :)

Commiserations to those who didn't make it. As many have said above, lots of other opportunities will come your way so don't give up.

Cpt_Hook
21st May 2015, 16:38
I've seen a few post mentioning partners - just want to give mine some credit too for being super supportive. She's given up a funded opportunity to study for a PhD so she can come with me to Oxford/Arizona.

Can I ask if anybody else's partners will be relocating/staying with them during training (including any time training overseas)? Would be good to hear everyone's opinions on this btw, not just OAA neccessarily!

rstra
21st May 2015, 17:15
Congratulations to all of you receiving good news, the hard work has paid off and now you can relax before it all begins again in training!

It's been so good to follow your progress throughout the different stages and see the end result, it's good to know that the dream is indeed achievable. Thank you all for sharing your stories on here, I felt motivated this year but following this forum has only given me all the more motivation and desire to try again next year!!

Thanks again and good luck! (Oh and make sure you keep us up to date during training)

Northern Monkey
21st May 2015, 18:31
What a thoroughly heart warming thread to read over the last few pages. There are a lot of BA pilots feeling slightly over worked and under appreciated at the moment - perhaps typical in any airline in the run up to the busy summer period. Anyone feeling slightly grumpy or fed up with their lot would benefit immensely from reading the last couple of pages. If nothing else it reminds you what a coveted job you have.

Congratulations to all those who have got in. My only advice would be, don't under estimate the hard work required to get through the training. BA will be expecting a huge effort on your part to perform to the highest standard possible. At the same time, I remember my training as being the most enjoyable 18 months ever and I made friends for life in the process.

Work hard, enjoy it and well done again.

Jamba
21st May 2015, 21:50
Congratulations to you all ! It's so good to read this, hope to be in the same position one day ! :)

I would like to know if any of the successfull applicants was a non native English speaker ? :rolleyes:

Ryan93
22nd May 2015, 08:12
Jamba,

I'm English, however on my final assessment stage there was also a guy from France who had made it to the final 85 for interview, and he was a very strong candidate from talking to him, so I would be quite surprised if he had been unsuccessful after this point. There's no harm in trying.

JohnnieDee
22nd May 2015, 09:18
Hi Jamba, I'm Portuguese and made it through. Congratulations to my fellow applicants, by the way! I'm sorry for those who didn't make it, in special some of you who post frequently on this thread and demonstrate an enormous desire to get into BA, as well as a great personality. I'm sure you will make it eventually.

Some of you must probably recognise me from the assessments, I'm with FTE. I was at Lampton Park on the March 30th and at Waterside on the April 30th and May 13th. Feel free to PM me. Regarding non British applicants, there were 3 present on my first assessment day (French and German), I haven't heard any news from them since, I don't know what happened.

Be sure to brush up your English skills as much as possible though, you definitely need to be fluent. I wouldn't say they expect your spoken English to be absolutely perfect, mine isn't, but you should be able to hold a conversation without major mistakes and clearly understand what you're being told or asked. That said, it wouldn't hurt to get an Aviation English Certificate, it's what I did. With it you can at least measure your skills in some way (and you'll need it later on it you're accepted). Good luck and definitely apply, if you feel it's something you're willing to put (lots of) effort into.

Jamba
22nd May 2015, 09:48
Thank you for the answer Ryan93 !

I'll try for sure next time if there is a next time !

kirungi1
22nd May 2015, 10:39
I want to be careful with this but, there was a strong incline for ladies towards this BA FPP4 from the on set. Any specific experiences to share ladies!?

champair79
22nd May 2015, 10:47
I'd like to know how many women applied and how many were shortlisted just because I'm curious. BA made a big attempt to get more women to apply so I would hope a higher % than in previous years did. Obviously I hope they were completely impartial when it came to the tests and interviews.

I met one lady in stage 3. Everyone I met on my interview day were white men (except 1!). It's probably indicative of the demographics that applied to be honest.

kirungi1
22nd May 2015, 11:04
Champair79; That's interesting on it's own, "demographics", but It has to be that there is a substantial number of ladies that has come through as it can only be a good thing...

Capewell
22nd May 2015, 12:02
I have had a very enjoyable two days telling people at work that I will be leaving soon, including my boss :} The expression on their faces has been priceless!

I live near Heathrow so can now sit in my garden with a beer and admire the aircraft flying over. amazing to think that I have now got the opportunity to be at the controls!!!! ( after a lot of work, obviously)

My wife and my children have been incredibly supportive, in fact I would not have even applied if they were not behind this 100%.

My son's already talking about going to Vegas when they all come out to visit me in Arizona!

kirungi1
22nd May 2015, 12:11
Capewell; I am trying to visualize reading your post and what imagery there is. That beer in your Garden on a warm afternoon with that huge piece of equipment just over head, and your conscience is in total agreement (clear) but then the break to Las Vegas after some hard work at Goodyear! They say Preparation, hard work and learning from failure is recipe for succeed.

well done, young man!

Fostex
22nd May 2015, 12:27
Whilst there were female applicants at the FTE day I attended. On the subsequent Waterside days my groups were completely male.

Personally I have told very few that I have been successful yet and will reserve celebrations until I have signed the contract with APL. I am certainly not indicating my future plans to my current employer until I have a definite start date at FTE. It is also worth remembering that a job at BA is by no means guaranteed and only a result of hard work of the next 18 months.

Selection was the easy part.

kirungi1
22nd May 2015, 13:05
Fostex; Congratulations and thumps up, well done. Completely agree with you but I hope you will accept that it's now yours to lose whereas before it could have been any body. I would give it the accolade it deserves because, quite frankly, not many people around would claim such honors. So, don't worry about the start date, et cetera, live the moment to appreciate a bit more of yourself having played the system and won.

EZY_FR
22nd May 2015, 14:01
I curious to know which of the three schools had the highest volume of successful applicants. From what I've seen on this forum the past few days, it wouldn't surprise me if OAA had the most.

funkyt111
22nd May 2015, 14:03
Might be a good idea shout which school your with!

FTE(1)* over here

*As in 1 person so far.

Ryan93
22nd May 2015, 14:08
FTE for me :)

Fostex
22nd May 2015, 14:22
I'm with FTE

Was at Waterside on 30th April and 7th May

CONCORD3
22nd May 2015, 14:29
Long time reader, first time poster here...

Also FTE for me! :O I was at Waterside on the 8th.

funkyt111
22nd May 2015, 14:49
FTE cadets stealing the show so far. :p

JDA2012
22nd May 2015, 15:27
Come on Funky, you know full well there are plenty of us OAA cadets on here, we're just still traumatised from the FTO experience!

OAA+1

P.S. Fostex - a similar thing here! I've told immediate family, but will not be telling my employer until I receive my confirmation from APL and can give my three-month notice period, as it's not likely to improve harmony in the workplace if I announce I'm leaving but get a start date from APL which is a year down the line...

funkyt111
22nd May 2015, 15:39
Haha I know JDA! Based on previous years stats I'm pretty sure that Oxford will have the most cadets!

JohnnieDee
22nd May 2015, 15:53
I'm with FTE. As I said before, I was at Hounslow on the March 30th and at Waterside on the April 30th and May 13th.

LandingConfig
22nd May 2015, 15:56
Speaking of start dates, has anyone seen them yet? Or even selected any?

I am assuming that you are given preference...

JDA2012
22nd May 2015, 16:02
Based on last year, APL are likely to send start dates around one month after we were notified of our success.

I was asked at interview about my availability, and advised of my 3-month notice period with work, which would take me to August/September, but that I'd prefer October. However, I will be happy with whatever I am given, sooner being better as seniority is king at BA.

Whilst I'm here, to answer another question: I was at OAA on 23rd March and Waterside on 23rd April and 7th May, both times in the afternoon. In all cases, I was "the old guy" in the room :ok:

SwissChrono
22nd May 2015, 16:29
Well i still haven't heard........ Tried BA and first they said wait for an email. Tried again and they said they have nothing to do with it contact the school. Have now contacted the school but still no reply so i guess it will be at least Monday. I thought BA handled this stage.....

LandingConfig
22nd May 2015, 17:04
Have you checked the BA Careers page?

SwissChrono
22nd May 2015, 17:05
Hasn't changed at all and under emails the last one was on the 30th April....

Has it changed for other people, for either Yes or No outcomes?

JDA2012
22nd May 2015, 17:25
Still says "Submitted" here - still says "Submitted" for last year's application come to that...

Sorry I can't be of more help, and I hope you hear soon - preferably good news! Fingers crossed for you.

SwissChrono
22nd May 2015, 17:36
Thank you, i guess i will just wait. Out of interest did you hear from BA or your school that you had got through?

JDA2012
22nd May 2015, 17:42
From BA - the letter supplied advises that my FTO (OAA) have also been informed but that there is no need to contact them (or APL) at this stage.

VLT_029
22nd May 2015, 18:03
OAA for me too JDA2012 ... and I'm a Non Native English speaker.

Waterside Assesment on 23rd April morning session and Waterside Interview on 6th May in the afternoon.

funkyt111
22nd May 2015, 18:21
SwissChrono,

This sounds very bizarre. If I were you I'd ring them again and speak to somebody different. Something isn't right. If that fails then try ringing the school.

LadyL2013
22nd May 2015, 21:38
Re women applicants: I was one of 2 on my first selection day in 2013. I believe there were only a couple of dozen or so women overall. We seemed to have been given just as much of a grilling as everyone else. There was a woman conducting the interviews from HR who by all accounts was particularly harsh with the women she interviewed it seems from various people who gave their feedback in various places onlind and social media. I don't think there was any favouring at all to women in the process.

smatticus
22nd May 2015, 22:06
+1 for CTC here, sounding like there aren't too many who made it through on here.

I know at least two other people in this process as the three of us all went to Durham University, despite the other two (as far as I know) having nothing to do with each other (one did Geography with me and the other attending the Northumbrian Universities Air Squadron). They have gone for OAA and FTE respectively.

claudiaupear
23rd May 2015, 01:12
CTC for me.

am59fly
23rd May 2015, 10:53
I'm with CTC too

Golf_Mike
24th May 2015, 14:09
Just joined, CTC for me too.

I asked the pilot after the interview about the number of female applicants as I was aware of the big push they had made. He told me that there was no increase in female applicants which they were disappointed about.

smatticus
26th May 2015, 00:58
@SwissChrono That's very bizzare that you still haven't heard, I thought I was the only one on Wednesday who didn't hear. I called them on Thursday morning when the phone lines opened (8AM) and they resolved to get the email out to me/call me back with more information ASAP, though I did not hear from them for another 2.5 hours. When I did, they gave me the info straight over the phone with no difficulty, and the email followed shortly after.

So I'm surprised that they have told you that "they have nothing to do with it". Did you hear anything on Friday? If not, try again on Tuesday. Failing that, try contacting the FTO and see if you can get their take on this.

darkroomsource
26th May 2015, 08:55
Whilst I'm here, to answer another question: I was at OAA on 23rd March and Waterside on 23rd April and 7th May, both times in the afternoon. In all cases, I was "the old guy" in the room
I don't want to be too presumptuous, but just how "old"? 40+? 50+?

JDA2012
26th May 2015, 09:01
I don't want to be too presumptuous, but just how "old"? 40+? 50+?

33! Which, as was pointed out to me in my second interview, is really not that old, but is still older than everyone I was assessed with. Hence mentioning it in context, so that anyone who was there at the time I was might have a shot at remembering which one I was...

Fostex
26th May 2015, 09:04
I'm 34 and I was selected in this round.

The one thing about being a bit older is that it generally makes the interview pretty painless as you have a bit of life and work experience.

JohnnieDee
26th May 2015, 10:36
I'm 33 too. I totally agree with the fact that the interviews aren't that hard when you have lots of life experiences. I was even able to come up with examples that I didn't prepare beforehand when answering some of the questions.

Cpt_Hook
26th May 2015, 15:52
Even at 23 I've noticed how much easier the interviews are for this than previous attempts, even after having had just a couple of years work experience. The first two times I applied I was still at uni/just graduated, and found myself starting every answer with 'during my university studies...' Had a lot more to say this time!

Ryan93
26th May 2015, 15:59
Cpt Hook - I'm in the exact same position as you, my previous two attempts I spent talking about university, but having that extra year of life experiences definitely gives more talking points and helps to ease the difficulty of the interview. I'm only 22, but even so, that extra year out of uni helped my application this year.

newb1112
26th May 2015, 16:56
Just while we are on the topic of age here, I got it and am 19, anyone else younger or the same age?

ScottC95
26th May 2015, 18:31
I'm 19 too, I will be 20 in two weeks though. Congratulations btw, which FTO are you with?

Steveooo516
26th May 2015, 19:17
19 Here also, nice to see I'm not the only one!

I'll be 20 in July, and hopefully be in Jerez shortly after :ok:

darkroomsource
27th May 2015, 11:15
The reason I asked about age is kind of selfish actually.
I started reading this thread, and subscribed to it because my son, who's 11, is interested, and I wanted to find out as much as possible about what he should be doing now to prepare for it in the future.
But the other day I noticed, for the first time, that the upper age limit is 55 as of September.
Well, that means that I'm within the age range for next year. So I'm now wondering if I should give it a go.

What is the oldest that anyone has been accepted?

Capewell
27th May 2015, 16:11
I'm 38, and had never flown anything till about ten months ago.

I wouldn't say the people I met on my assessment days were particularly diverse to be honest. They were overwhelmingly white, male and middle class (including me). I'm not making any kind of statement here, merely an observation.

smatticus
27th May 2015, 21:06
Changing the subject slightly, on my interview day we were told in the pre/post-interview briefing that if we were successful we would be invited to a BA families day (not sure if for the whole of BA or FPP specific). When I asked, they said it would be held on the 6th/7th June. Did anyone else get this information in the presentation and if so have any of you heard anything about it since?

champair79
27th May 2015, 22:31
Hi smatticus,

I know when I had the presentation before the interview they were slightly unsure (i.e. they weren't sure whether the wording in the presentation was the BA Open Day, a special FPP Open Day or the FTO Open Day!). Classic BA really....someone not being specific and the information then gets passed from person to person with no one really sure what it means!

I'm an internal applicant and asked Lindsay Craig as soon as I'd found out I'd been accepted onto the scheme. He clarified and said it meant that it was an FPP-specific family day that would be held just before your course starts. Your family will have the chance to come down to Cranebank/Engineering and play on one of the sims as well as have the opportunity to chat with the recruitment team and fellow coursemates etc etc.

There will of course be an FTO-specific open day for you and your family too.

Luckily I managed to get tickets for the 7th June through the staff ballot! :E

kirungi1
28th May 2015, 07:24
smatticus; This might be helpful and it's for 2014 FPP Full Speedbird Ahead | My journey through the British Airways Future Pilot Programme | Page 2 (http://www.bafpp.co.uk/page/2/)

Ryan93
29th May 2015, 12:10
@SwissChrono - Did you hear anything in the end?

Ryan93
1st Jun 2015, 09:04
Could anyone from previous years enlighten me with how many guests you were allowed to bring to the 'Family Day', I'm assuming 3 or 4 guests?

EZY_FR
1st Jun 2015, 11:59
I've always wondered what the answer was to that question. I'm hoping it's more than 4.

G-F0RC3
1st Jun 2015, 12:04
We were allowed three guests. If you want to take more it might be possible, but you'd need to get permission beforehand. :)

Ryan93
1st Jun 2015, 12:28
Thanks G-F0RC3, I was only curious as to how many people they can accommodate for the day, always a bit difficult if there are families larger than 4 people. Thanks

smatticus
1st Jun 2015, 13:04
So just to be clear, as I am still a bit confused by the mixture of responses, the events happening on 6th/7th June are NOT FPP specific i.e. we are not required/allowed to attend them, is that correct? I only ask as I have not heard anything, and given the mixture of responses, I'm having a hard time determining whether or not I should have heard something RE: this weekend or whether people are just asking about the families day in advance?

Ryan93
1st Jun 2015, 14:24
Sorry to confuse @smatticus - I wasn't referring to this weekend coming, I'm not sure what that event is about but I haven't heard from BA or APL yet either, I'm assuming it could be another couple of weeks after reading last year's thread. I only raised the question about the family day as I had family asking about how many people could come (quite glad it's so few invites allowed to be honest). Judging from previous blogs, I'm assuming the family day will be some time in September before we leave.

G-F0RC3
1st Jun 2015, 15:21
Our Family Day was literally a week before we flew out to Spain. It was the first time we had all met each other since the assessment days (a good five months or so earlier). It's a really fun day! Enjoy. :p

Stocious
1st Jun 2015, 15:25
The bigger the numbers at the family day, the less time each in the sim :E

JDA2012
1st Jun 2015, 16:08
Presently keeping myself very busy with revision for the OU exams I have this/next week (definitely a good call going with the OU rather than back to brick uni, as I can now put my remaining modules on hold for the FPP training). Apologies for the resulting radio silence on PM replies; I will get to those shortly...

Is anyone else still taking it all in? I find it a strange that we have made it through the process, yet now all has gone quiet and life is back to "normal". I am very aware that at some point soon I will receive an email that will upset all that though and cannot wait to get started ;) Have already told my Dad that he'll get a go on the sim well before I ever will!

Passing time whilst waiting, I've got my Class 1 Medical renewal on Thursday (did my initial on Gatwick before I started flying to pre-empt any issues - report on what it involves here (http://www.pprune.org/medical-health/488260-class-1-medical-passed-bonus-eye-lung-tests-trip-report.html) for anyone curious). Also looking forward to a nice break in two weeks to go touring the Concordes of Europe :ok:

Conscious of straying off-topic so will stop there - looking forward to meeting you all at a family day soon!

smatticus
2nd Jun 2015, 21:48
Fair enough, thank you all for clarifying.

Got my medical next week, hopefully should run smoothly. Out of curiosity could anyone who is already on the course (G-F0RC3 etc) tell me when BA are likely to process our five year background references/background checking? Is it usually before we start our course or could it also be during training? I haven't actually provided a complete set of references yet (the BA Careers page shows the list of references which I supplied last year, which doesn't reflect what I have done in the past 12-14 months) and when I asked the BA recruitment centre about this they told me that we would be asked to provide them at a later date than we did last year (was asked to submit them before I attended the final interview that time).

P.S. Loving the idea of the Concorde tour JDA2012, do let us know how that goes :)

Ryan93
3rd Jun 2015, 07:47
There was an update from ctc in my junk folder this morning for those successful - just as a heads up; there are no dates or anything involved, just a quick update on admin progress.

G-F0RC3
3rd Jun 2015, 11:04
smatticus; the checking process is completed before you start but is initiated quite soon after you get all the paperwork through the door. The reason being is that it's actually quite an involved process and takes some time. Apparently they carry out the process again after you graduate from flying school before you start with BA. When we did it it was all done via an online system by a specialist company on BA's behalf.

Hope it's helpful.

Lockheed_Blackbird
3rd Jun 2015, 18:13
Concerning the references,

will BA contact your Boss in your current company before getting a place on the course? because that could be a problem :ugh:

G-F0RC3
3rd Jun 2015, 19:20
No contact is made with anyone until you have a place on the course.

ScottC95
3rd Jun 2015, 19:25
This may be a stupid question but why would they offer you a place on the course and finalise everything and then after all that get references?

Lockheed_Blackbird
3rd Jun 2015, 19:31
Thanks for the answer G-FORC3 :cool:

Jamba
3rd Jun 2015, 20:04
And should you give these references when you apply to the scheme or when you get a place on the course ?

JDA2012
3rd Jun 2015, 22:20
Further to Ryan's comment, I received the same email (from CTC, who are co-ordinating - my FTO is OAA).

If anyone has not seen it, I would recommend checking your spam/junk folders, as it contains useful information as well as a request to advise CTC of any "problem" dates for you and to send certain personal information for admin purposes.

smatticus - very much looking forward to it myself. I've seen all of the UK Concordes (except the Filton - pending exhibit - and Brooklands - saving for last - birds) and the East Coast USA / Barbados ones, so have had this tour of the French/German locations planned out for a while now. Seattle will be a toughie - may have to jumpseat a long-haul flight to get to that one, or nip up from AZ...

I could actually do with saving the money now I'm "in", but hotels and such are already paid up, so it would cost almost as much not to go! We could also do with the break - it's been a tough few months...

claudiaupear
4th Jun 2015, 01:42
No, I haven't heard anything from CTC yet (my chosen FTO) aside from an e mail regarding the takeover. I'm not too worried though, having worked in training management, I know how long these things can take!

claudiaupear
4th Jun 2015, 01:51
Ok, am happy to set up a Facebook group BA FPP 2015 is the name.

claudiaupear
4th Jun 2015, 04:26
Also, feel free to e mail with your real name and I will add you, as I understand it, I have to add you as a friend then add to group. There is not a facility to add via e mail, not on the I pad at least. I will not make your real names known on this forum so you can maintain anonymity but the Facebook site will be under real names.

DutchC
4th Jun 2015, 11:21
What is the likelihood of BA FPP going beyond 2016/any insider or informed opinion/info?

I'm in my final year for Uni (CTC interview in '13, reached final stage back in '14, didn't have a go at it in '15 for studies sake) and the BA FPP ends up slap bang in the middle of preparing for finals (final stage is only a couple of weeks before exam season). Alongside that there is graduate applications so having the FPP on top of that is...well, utterly brutal.

I know the FPP was scheduled for 5 years initially, running from '11-'16, is a 2017 BA FPP a stretch? Will BA fill in the numbers with cadets from CTC as opposed to opening up the scheme another year?

Graduate applications + Final year studies, utterly crucial + would be beneficial having a year's worth of work experience under my belt (final try for BA) but at the same time it's a risk expecting it to continue on.

Nuttynat416
4th Jun 2015, 15:26
Hi just wondering if anyone knows if BA will open applications once more for their future pilot scheme in the next few years?

I am just about to finish my A levels and it seems that I won't be able to self sponsor myself through training. Current plan is to study for a physics degree at Sussex university with the aim of applying to this scheme once completed. If the scheme doesn't reopen then once I finish uni I will have less funding for training and will probably have to take a different career :(

Thank you in advance

JDA2012
4th Jun 2015, 16:38
A few things...

I'm not on Facebook at the moment, but can soon set something up if we're congregating there. Thanks Amy for setting that up :ok:

Class 1 Medical renewed today, no problems - very few hurdles left to go now... I can thoroughly recommend Dr Byrne of Skymed at Manchester Airport (and I think also Liverpool) for anyone in the neighbourhood.

DutchC/Nuttynat - the below is based on my own research and I cannot guarantee absolute accuracy, nor is this intended to represent an official view on how BA operate. I hope one of those already at BA will be able to correct any grievous errors I may have made. That said...

This is the fourth FPP intake. The original intention was to recruit 400 FPP cadets (plus 400 via DEP) over a four year period. The number of places offered this year appears to be 72 (thank you wise benefactor :)), meaning an 85% success rate at interview this year, which we can add to the (I believe) 95, 72 and 48 taken in previous years (2011-12/2012-13/2013-14 - very few CTC cadets taken to fill in the numbers in the final one of those years).

This implies that BA would still like to recruit an additional ~112 FPP candidates, assuming that their initial targets remain unchanged. The retirement age for pilots was raised from 55 to 65 in 2006, so there would have been a lull in retirements from 2006-2015 but with that standing to increase back to former levels as of next year.

This in turn suggests that the programme may run in further years after 2016, but I certainly wouldn't rely on that at this point in time - in fact I would recommend to anyone interested that they apply as soon as possible. BA is a seniority-based organisation and as such it is in your own best interests to get on the bottom rung of the ladder on the earliest date you can. A matter of months may ultimately make the difference between getting that long-haul seat or command course one day...

One further thought. The target this year was 100 and this has certainly not been met; this is typical for the FPP. BA require a certain standard, and it simply comes down to meeting this standard in the end. It is easy to play games with numbers, but don't be tempted down this path. Strive to meet the standard, and put everything else out of your mind. Good luck!

DutchC
4th Jun 2015, 17:06
Thanks a bunch, really informative post (and absolutely congrats to you, I remember reading your post before the process started about what you've done (visited the Concordes + Flight sim and how you were prepped, well done, monster effort! :D - also a shout to the guy who was didn't make it through EasyJet, Virgin and the BA FPP his first two times, immense never say die attitude)

From this (2nd page):

http://issuu.com/ctcaviationltd/docs/newsletter_a4_apr14?e=7115604/7609840

"Launched in 2012, the pioneering British Airways Future Pilot Programme (FPP) will enable up to 500 aspiring airline pilots (over five years)..."

Saying that though, it was launched in 2011, with 400 pilots over 5 years.

I'd absolutely love to give it one last shot, I know that I'd have a fairly good shot at it but with graduation and graduate applications it's a bummer.

G-F0RC3
4th Jun 2015, 20:59
I agree with JDA. There are no guarantees that the FPP will run again after next year and if being an airline pilot is your number one career ambition then it would be wise to apply for the next (supposedly last) intake. :)

claudiaupear
4th Jun 2015, 21:34
Get on Facebook JDA...there are 25 of us so far and rising...

champair79
4th Jun 2015, 23:41
DutchC,

Pilot recruitment is really hard to predict. You can use historical data to measure the attrition rate due to lost medicals, people jumping ship to other carriers etc but it's only a best guess. Also, delays to aircraft plus launching new routes (say an extra day downroute) etc also impacts pilot requirements. They can't even predict how many FPPs they'll need next year nevermind in a few years time. I think the figures banded about were just best guesses and probably erring on the conservative side. If the FPP is a success (the first intake is flying the line already and it appears it is), then it wouldn't surprise me to see BA extend it. Nothing in aviation is guaranteed so if you can, apply when it next opens.

I completely understand your dilemma though DutchC. I didn't apply for FPP 2011 because I'd just finished uni and was actually in the process of joining BA on their graduate scheme. I was already under enough pressure as it was with assessment days, referencing and finding a place to live so waited until 2012 opened.

Geoff565
5th Jun 2015, 09:21
All,

As JDA alluded too in an earlier post, there was a change in age legislation in 2006 concerning retirement ages for pilots. This saw an increase from 55 to 65. At BA, the first impact of this change will be reflected in retirement numbers next year when the first batch of the 55'ers now approach 65 and therefore leave the company.

As it stands, BA intend to recruit approximately 300 pilots this year, with a broadly similar number planned to join the business next year, in 2016, compromising DEP's and FPP's.

With the subsequent, modest, yet steady increase in retirements over the next few years, it would seem plausible that the FPP scheme will continue for the foreseeable future to supplement DEP recruitment. All in my humble opinion of course.

Best of luck to all.

5th Jun 2015, 09:30
JDA2012 - Pretty much spot on answer, just one mistake. The retirement age increased to 65, so the retirement rate will return to normal next year. That being said, it is only a handful of retirements expected per year for quite a few years due to meeting the age barrier.

Also, BA are recruiting like mad at the moment. The DEP recruitment is aiming to fill short term holes in manpower, the FPP due to long lead times is looking slightly longer term. Whether that will make a difference to the overall numbers wanted from the FPP route, who knows.

BA, and the aviation industry in general, is incredibly reactive to pretty much everything else in the known universe. Business plans in the airline change from week to week, and quite literally day to day. It is impossible to say whether the scheme will continue and how long for, there are too many external (and internal) factors. However, the company are, I hear, rather happy with the output of the FPP scheme and it makes business sense to continue the scheme if possible.

As has been thrown around many times, seniority is king, so the earlier you can get in the better!

Best of luck to everyone successful on this intake, it's hard work but you'll enjoy it.

funkyt111
6th Jun 2015, 09:38
Were up to 36 future cadets in the "BA FPP 2015" group so please join if you haven't already. It would be great to get all successful candidates in there.

Inbox me on here if you can't find the group. :ok:

VLT_029
11th Jun 2015, 16:54
I have just received an email with my start date.

Anyone else starting on the 09/11/2015 and going to OAA??

Would be great to get to know anyone else who is starting on the above date.

Ryan93
11th Jun 2015, 17:19
13/11/2015 - Start dates are being sent out, is anyone starting November at FTE with me?

LandingConfig
11th Jun 2015, 18:32
Are you being given the dates you selected?

JDA2012
11th Jun 2015, 20:23
Hello classmate VLT_029! I am also starting at OAA on 9th November and look forward to seeing you there. Are you a member of the Facebook group?