PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Jack1985
27th Feb 2014, 19:23
I suspect this is the reason they have suddenly become more friendly and are offering allocated seating etc.

They changed there model as a result of profit warnings and loosing key areas of market share.

Capetonian
27th Feb 2014, 19:31
Surely the key (and the profit) is interlining with their extensive European network?One of the principles of LCC is that they don't interline, for many reasons. I can't seem the moving in that direction, because if they did they would then have to charge the higher fares that interlining entails, and would thus lose their only competitive advantage, that of perceived value.

Apparently they have announced that they are looking at distribution via GDS channels (EZY have been doing so for a while), which would be another significant departure from the traditional LCC model. They would of course screw the segment fees down to the last fraction of a cent, and I feel sorry for any GDS account manager who has to deal with them.

wallp
28th Feb 2014, 07:40
Ryanair to the US?

This has been mooted before but never came to anything.

Even with all the added extras, I struggle to see how this can work at such rock bottom prices. After all, the low cost model that works in Europe can't be copied to a long haul operation. There'll be no 25 minute turnarounds, keeping planes in the air & the aircraft, let's assume a 787, will come with a much heftier price tag than the 737 deal they did with Boeing. It's fair to assume they won't be going to JFK. EWR & LGA are also non starters so they'll presumably be looking for very secondary airports. Who knows where you might end up?

I'll believe it when I see it

stab3.5up
28th Feb 2014, 08:18
Definition of a millionare is a billionare who started an airline! It may be a move 2far for mol. Unless he buys and existing operator

racedo
28th Feb 2014, 17:39
They changed there model as a result of profit warnings and loosing key areas of market share.

Doubt it because adds nothing to boost this years profit.

Profit warnings were highlighted by everyone else that summer market was weaker because of really hot weather across Europe...............If FR changed because of that then what about everybody else ?

Model run its course so time for a reinvention with something different.

racedo
28th Feb 2014, 17:56
I could see it happening if the range on the 737 max is up to scratch. Feed everybody through Shannon on this side, pre clear them and fly them to less mainstream airports in the north eastern U.S.

Somehere like Pittsburgh would probably jump at the opportunity where PAX numbers went from 21 Million in 1997 to 8 Million in 2012.

Making it 2 separate flights where you don't interline means APD is only from Ireland...............lets see would Irish Govt say not to continuing low APD for an extra million or two passengers through Snn ?

Reason for NO interline is that when you do then home country can claim its a T/A connecting flight and try and charge you accordingly. Any APD experts may be able to clarify.

j636
28th Feb 2014, 19:02
Ryanair would never use pre clearance in SNN, believe it costs more than in the US and even more than DUB. There would be little scope for a deal as US staff the facility and not controlled by SNN.

Cheap loco will only work direct, there will probably only be a handful set of seats very cheap but the rest will be the same as current carriers or just a little below them. The taxes alone to the US make such fares never possible. FR will be similar to DY if not slightly higher cost base if crews from EU were used and they would be using older less fuel efficient aircraft.

I notice MOL said he wouldn't go from DUB because EI would dump on him.

Still would be interesting to see how fr would actually do t but I think MOL will of left the company before it happens.

GaelForce
28th Feb 2014, 19:20
Pre-clearance, even when in place, is very expensive and most non alliance airlines would find the cost prohibitive. Pre-clearance is time saving, cost effective only when interlining. Baggage and pax can be plussed in a timely manner from the inbound international flight to the domestic network of the alliance/pool partner without having to wait for CBPA to clear the inbound flight.

crewmeal
8th Mar 2014, 05:35
This article appeared in 'The Guardian' about pay and conditions for cabin crew. One paragraph mentions FR pay and conditions:

Ryanair director of communications, Michelle Lowe, says that the airline's flight attendants enjoy better rosters, better pay and much better promotional opportunities and job security than at legacy airlines, who are cutting jobs and pay. "We have a waiting list of over 5,000 qualified pilots and cabin crew who wish to join Ryanair for our great conditions and secure jobs."

Are there really 5000 crew waiting in the wings to join? I hope they remember to bring their own sandwiches!

BA and Norwegian Air Shuttle cut costs, but at what price for flight attendants? | Guardian Sustainable Business | Guardian Professional (http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/ba-norwegian-air-shuttle-cut-costs-flight-attendants)

insuindi
11th Mar 2014, 11:16
From 19March2014 Ryanair will become bookable through the Travelport GDS.

eu01
11th Mar 2014, 15:48
^^ One more step in the right direction. Unbelievably late, though. How many revenues were lost due to the lack of cooperation with any of the GDS providers?

Paradoxically, it will reduce the room to manoeuvre for the typical screen scrapers... Yeah, better late than never.

davidjohnson6
11th Mar 2014, 16:10
I'm not so sure FR using a GDS would have been such a good idea 10 or even 5 years ago.
The competitive environment has changed significantly over the last 10 years with plenty of smaller LCCs failing. FR has not always been such a giant behemoth and 10 years ago needed a strong focus on costs while its many rivals fell by the wayside. Had FR stayed with a GDS and become just another LCC 10 years ago, I doubt they would have been anywhere near as successful.

MOL may have pushed things too far with things like paying for the toilet or standing flights, but 10 years ago, FR made its name from going against the grain. As competitive environments change, strategy should also change - but a strategy that works now would not necessarily have worked 5 years ago.

Capetonian
11th Mar 2014, 16:56
I'm assuming that this means they are going into Travelport for distribution purposes.

I think Travelport's TA market share in UK and Ireland is about 60%. Whether enough of those agencies will sell FR to make it a worthwhile venture is questionable, specially once the GDS and other fees are added on and passed to the customer along with the TA servicing fee.

easyJet increased their market share by going into GDS, but EZY and FR are two very different animals, and the former went for the business traveller several years ago, with success. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

racedo
11th Mar 2014, 17:00
As competitive environments change, strategy should also change - but a strategy that works now would not necessarily have worked 5 years ago.

How dare they change strategy.:rolleyes:

After all the detractors who have been saying for years they never change anything will have nothing to complain about :)

750XL
11th Mar 2014, 17:22
I see Ryanair are planning to operate a number of 737-400's this summer.

What's going on there?

Cyrano
11th Mar 2014, 20:47
I see Ryanair are planning to operate a number of 737-400's this summer.

Where do you see that?

racedo
11th Mar 2014, 22:32
Where do you see that?

Not seen it anywhere either but would not come as a shock as there is a gap.

Captain_Caveman
12th Mar 2014, 02:30
Several B737-800 aircraft currently with Fly Dubai have been arranged via the lessor to be used by Ryanair over the summer period !

750XL
12th Mar 2014, 10:16
Haven't seen it released publicly yet, but it is happening.

racedo
12th Mar 2014, 12:02
Several B737-800 aircraft currently with Fly Dubai have been arranged via the lessor to be used by Ryanair over the summer period !

Now 738's is not a shock as predicted this likely to happen once they pushed for the new order with Boeing likely to assist.

Cyrano
12th Mar 2014, 12:08
-800s would not be a shock. It was the reference to 737-400s which perplexed me!

racedo
12th Mar 2014, 12:51
Me too as Crew and Engineering would have made it odd choice. Could still be but just seems odd choice especially when there are spare 738s available.

750XL
12th Mar 2014, 13:07
An ex Samair 734 flew to EMA the other day from NBO, is it possible that is one of their first (or the only) 734 heading to FR for the summer?

Either way, they're definitely on the cards

GLAinsider
12th Mar 2014, 23:21
Isn't it about time FR reviewed their presence in Northern Ireland. Yes, they have a base in Londonderry, but Belfast is crying out for flights to certain destinations. Take LPA, the only flight from Belfast next Summer if TOM and that is only available to book with a package holiday. If FR can't / won't base a/c in Belfast they could at least operate some flights from European bases into BFS.

XSBaggage
13th Mar 2014, 01:05
I know the 737-400s are definitely on the cards, but I don't know how many, or from where they are coming (or on what sort of basis they will be operated). Can anyone shed any light?

FRatSTN
19th Mar 2014, 15:34
Winter schedule revealed for Stansted and I think maybe a couple of other routes.

Probably to do with Ryanair's improved customer service, the winter schedule is very early this year.

First time ever to my knowledge that Ryanair have released ahead of EasyJet, who so I've been told will release theirs in mid April.

RAT 5
19th Mar 2014, 16:11
I know the 737-400s are definitely on the cards, but I don't know how many, or from where they are coming (or on what sort of basis they will be operated). Can anyone shed any light?

I anticipate the confusion is with the thinking that RYR crews will fly these a/c. I doubt that: I assume they will be wet leased. One question is why. There are varying dates for the next tranche of -800's arriving. If it will be 2015, and it was known in advance, then why design a business plan and schedule that you can't deliver without outside help; which may or may not have been forth-coming. Could be risky. If 2016 is the next -800 date then do RYR plan this lease operation for the next 2 years? Even more risky. If the -400 a/c are wet leased, and depending from whom, I wonder how the crews might react to the RYR roster. I've been involved with a/c having wet leased a/c in where the crews retained their own contractual conditions. It was chaotic for rostering and flight scheduling. It was necessary to make a little airline within an airline. Packages of routes from fixed bases etc.
Someone must be in the know.

racedo
19th Mar 2014, 17:04
If it will be 2015, and it was known in advance, then why design a business plan and schedule that you can't deliver without outside help; which may or may not have been forth-coming. Could be risky. If 2016 is the next -800 date then do RYR plan this lease operation for the next 2 years?

Believe Sept is start of first deliveries, that may or may not change by month or so depending on how Boeing can ramp up production.
Boeing 737-800 Production List - Planespotters.net Just Aviation (http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/737/737-800?p=34)

When order made we discussed it on here (you in that one as well ;)) as I had suggested that Summer 2014 was always likely to be an issue with number of airframes available and possibility of need to lease some in.

Think your point regarding crews if Wet leasing is valid. I would suggest that its likely to be on a fixed number of high frequency routes due to both engineering support and pilot location...........the list is 5-6 locations.

Funny feeling that Interiors on new 738s may be different............don't know just a gut feeling that FR will pull another rabbit out of a hat.

EI-BUD
19th Mar 2014, 19:58
If it will be 2015, and it was known in advance, then why design a business plan and schedule that you can't deliver without outside help; which may or may not have been forth-coming. Could be risky.

Rat5,
A valid question but I would say a strategic move to

1. Keep Vueling in its place as the loco goes from strength to strength
2. Realisation that to maintain growth, especially in lean winter period business orientated operations like MXP FCO and BRU were needed, they didn't want to be coming late to the party when Vueling was established at some of these.

I would suggest management direction was make it happen.

racedo
19th Mar 2014, 20:07
EI

Yeah go along with that.

Sometime its like in the lift on the way to the bar, plan is meeting up the lads all set for an evening out with a meal and a stunner walks into the lift and says she knows nobody and do you know a good restaurant...............nope never happened to me either:*

BFS BHD
20th Mar 2014, 07:51
Looks like Ryanair is announcing winter flights from Dublin this morning!

Jack1985
20th Mar 2014, 09:54
Plenty of route increases, continuation of new routes launching for S14 plus new daily service to Cologne/Bonn.

Ryanair Launches Dublin Winter 2014 Schedule (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-dublin-winter-2014-schedule)

virginblue
20th Mar 2014, 11:52
Is the timetable for the new DUB routes available somewhere? Could not find anything on the Ryanair's website. Need to know if the CGN schedule allows day returns.

Hangar6
20th Mar 2014, 13:58
FR two flights is in fact one round trip , so no day visit

Stevek
20th Mar 2014, 14:12
Anyone have accedes to a full list of routes from DUB for W14/15 with frequency?

virginblue
20th Mar 2014, 16:06
FR two flights is in fact one round trip , so no day visit

Thanks. Stupid me, fell once again for the unusual FR terminology.

Jamie2k9
27th Mar 2014, 15:51

There will be 4 of them and they will be operated out of DUB.

Stevek
28th Mar 2014, 09:11
Really dumping up the fleet age in DUB. Any idea if they'll be flying set routes?

racedo
28th Mar 2014, 11:04
Really dumping up the fleet age in DUB. Any idea if they'll be flying set routes?

Looking at it logically it would suggest that its likely to be Dub-UK routes as means they can provide line maintenance support at one or two airports rather than spreading it across the network.

Hangar6
28th Mar 2014, 11:23
5% plus increase in ATMS for both FR and EI this summer for Dublin

FR ATM 34254 32% and EI 47748 44% total 75% of all airline capacity between them !

FR 737 x4 lease are 170 and 168 seats , no idea of routes

Still good to see both growing ,

Jamie2k9
28th Mar 2014, 13:07

They won't be around for to long, think its mainly peak season.

Looking at it logically it would suggest that its likely to be Dub-UK routes as means they can provide line maintenance support at one or two airports rather than spreading it across the network.

Could be however such large amounts of UK flights are not DUB based. Would expect they will operated on routes according to supply/demand over their time here.

Stevek
28th Mar 2014, 19:08
Any particular reason they picked 400s over 800s?

racedo
28th Mar 2014, 21:27
Any particular reason they picked 400s over 800s?

Would suggest availability..........

Una Due Tfc
28th Mar 2014, 21:59
Are they going to bother with painting if they only have them for a few months? Given the loco ethos I'm guessing they will be white tails?

Tom the Tenor
29th Mar 2014, 14:18
I should like to express my gratitude to everyone in Ryanair for the smooth termination yesterday, 28th March, 2014, of two profitable routes at Cork Airport.

Warsaw and Krakow operated without hitch from Cork for the last fifteen or sixteen months and after a month or two of sluggish loads before Wizz Air's departure from Cork in early 2013 loads and yields grew dramatically and the two routes to Warsaw and Krakow were amongst the best Ryanair destinations from Cork.

Taking the above into account and bearing in mind the strong market for Polish routes from Cork Airport going back over many years Ryanair terminated the two routes from Cork yesterday.

paully
29th Mar 2014, 14:51
The Lo Co`s are all ruthless. Obviously there wasn`t enough yield on the routes, despite maybe full loads. When that happens the routes get chopped. Its a way of life for them

Jack1985
29th Mar 2014, 15:40
Obviously there wasn`t enough yield on the routes

Incorrect. They were there best yielding routes ex-Cork.

RAT 5
29th Mar 2014, 18:26
Do you mean the best load factors or best profit? the two are not the same.

Millionmileshigh
29th Mar 2014, 19:33
The flights can be full, but if no one is buying any if the optional extras, the flight won't make any profit

Jack1985
29th Mar 2014, 22:13
ORK-KRK, ORK-WMI were dropped by FR to try get Cork management to lower overall fees for future expansion, they did not agree so Ryanair switched the routes at lower frequency to SNN. The routes were operating above 90%, and were in the top 4, FR Cork yielding routes. KRK was profitable at day one, WMI followed when W6 left Cork.

RAT 5
29th Mar 2014, 22:19
Toys out of pram comes to mind.

Seljuk22
30th Mar 2014, 04:22
Any one knows how many a/c are based at each base across Europe this summer?

Jack1985
30th Mar 2014, 07:48
Toys out of pram comes to mind.

Indeed, FR are infamous for it.

Heathrow Harry
30th Mar 2014, 08:42
"They were there best yielding routes ex-Cork."

but maybe the planes could be used on better yield routes elsewhere?

And FR play hard ball - a threat is a threat from them and they don't hesitate to back it up with action

Jack1985
30th Mar 2014, 12:14
"They were there best yielding routes ex-Cork."

but maybe the planes could be used on better yield routes elsewhere?

It's not debatable, it's fact. I answered another posters query to whether or not they were profitable or not.

Skipness One Echo
30th Mar 2014, 12:33
It's not debatable, it's fact. I answered another posters query to whether or not they were profitable or not.
Forgive me, but how do you *know* this to be fact as it is most certainly commercially sensitive and anyone who does know this sort of thing, doesn't post it on here using their real name.
Incorrect. They were there best yielding routes ex-Cork.
Isn't that like the least wettest day in winter? If they can be used more profitably elsewhere and send a message at the same time I can see why they do this.

Jack1985
30th Mar 2014, 12:40
Forgive me, but how do you *know* this to be fact as it is most certainly commercially sensitive and anyone who does know this sort of thing, doesn't post it on here using their real name.

Why would I disclose that here?

Isn't that like the least wettest day in winter? If they can be used more profitably elsewhere and send a message at the same time I can see why they do this.

As has been pointed out that's exactly what they have done, but yet without any deal reached with the CAA, have increased ORK-LON flights in Winter 14/15 and at the same time reduced SNN-LON in the same period next Winter with better terms at the latter. Judge that for yourself, but in Munster they have one best yielding airport currently - ORK, and I can disclose that as we were lectured on it.

racedo
1st Apr 2014, 15:54
Michael O'Leary says 'sorry' for Queen Elizabeth sex jibe - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/michael-oleary-says-sorry-for-queen-elizabeth-sex-jibe-30143152.html)

RAT 5
2nd Apr 2014, 11:00
What a shame 'The Tower' is not an option for a non-UK miscreant abusing Herself outside Her domain.

Hangar6
2nd Apr 2014, 11:12
It's on u tube , cannot copy the link,
Was good to hear not one laugh, bang goes that OBE:ugh:

racedo
2nd Apr 2014, 11:16
It's on u tube , cannot copy the link,
Was good to hear not one laugh, bang goes that OBE:ugh:

Unlike other Irish citizens who I believe have requried Irish Govt approval he would not have been asking them.
Even the offer of something like this would have caused him to laugh out loud and then do nothing.

racedo
2nd Apr 2014, 11:18
What a shame 'The Tower' is not an option for a non-UK miscreant abusing Herself outside Her domain.

IF every country had similar views that abusing a head of state, meant you should be sent to that country for punishment, Airlines would be very very busy.

Epsomdog
3rd Apr 2014, 10:31
Those remarks were insulting and in poor taste, regardless of whether they were directed at a head of state, or any other woman!

MOL is certainly a very competent................

!-))

bravoromeosierra
3rd Apr 2014, 10:55
There were some smiling faces in the crowd I noticed.

But then again there is always someone who is going to get offended.. even if it's just saving face for the constituent vote ballot next year.

racedo
3rd Apr 2014, 16:25
There were some smiling faces in the crowd I noticed.
But then again there is always someone who is going to get offended.. even if it's just saving face for the constituent vote ballot next year.

Its one of those massively important and bad taste jokes that people will not remember in a weeks time.

racedo
3rd Apr 2014, 16:27
Ryanair March Traffic Falls 200,000 (-4%) To 5.2m Customers (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-march-traffic-falls-200000-4-percent-to-5-2m-customers)

Traffic falls by 4% v Last Year due to Easter.

MCDU2
3rd Apr 2014, 18:11
With all this love going around will the grunts be getting some water and crew catering for their days work?

Slides, arcade games and pool tables - welcome to 'fun' Ryanair HQ - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/incoming/slides-arcade-games-and-pool-tables-welcome-to-fun-ryanair-hq-30152946.html)

Buster the Bear
3rd Apr 2014, 23:06
According to Jethro, the -400 are to be operated by Air Contractors, all six of them!

Jack1985
4th Apr 2014, 08:36
New website has launched, well done to FR, impressive.

FreudianSlippers
4th Apr 2014, 09:06
Yeah, it's not bad. I don't think the Fare Finder is that great yet, but perhaps it will improve.

jethro15
4th Apr 2014, 09:11
According to Jethro, the -400 are to be operated by Air Contractors, all six of them!

Buster, how did you deduce that?.

racedo
4th Apr 2014, 10:36
New website has launched, well done to FR, impressive.

Check in from up to 30 days in advance and up to 2 hrs before flight......

Cabincrewifly
4th Apr 2014, 14:20
DUB based cabin crew are being trained for the -400s currently

Millionmileshigh
4th Apr 2014, 16:14
I'm really don't like the new website... I like to fly on impulse, so I see where has convenient flights for me, looks a good place to visit... And importantly it's cheap! It's really awkward to find routes from airports, especially if you don't know them... Maybe when a mobile version is released it might be better, or maybe I just don't like change... Time will tell ;)

Buster the Bear
4th Apr 2014, 21:55
Well before I went to bed last night Jethro web site had 6 arriving, and today, only 2!

jethro15
4th Apr 2014, 22:01
Buster

Take more water with it..............:)

Una Due Tfc
4th Apr 2014, 22:06
I assume the pool table is coin operated? Queue ball costing extra?

racedo
4th Apr 2014, 22:26
It's really awkward to find routes from airports, especially if you don't know them.

I always use Skyscanner as V flexible and on Ryanair use its map of routes.

racedo
4th Apr 2014, 23:16
Aer Lingus stake not vital for Ryanair future, claims Bonderman - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-stake-not-vital-for-ryanair-future-claims-bonderman-30154006.html)

Interesting comments.............make of it what you will.

eu01
6th Apr 2014, 14:09
According to The Portugal News (http://theportugalnews.com/news/ryanair-cancels-lisbon-faro-flights-less-than-a-week-after-inauguration/31162)The Lisbon-Faro route that Irish low-cost airline Ryanair inaugurated on Tuesday is to be suspended after 24 April a spokesman from airport manager ANA told Lusa News Agency.

The airline told ANA of the decision on Thursday, just three days after starting the flights without any justification.
Nothing new in fact, a typical routine "try-and-dump" policy. Once again it seems pointless to compete with buses and trains where they are fast and/or cheap enough. What bothers me, it's a different observation.

Many new routes between main airports are not very likely to achieve any profitability this year. Far from that in fact. Like many BRU Zaventem routes, for example. Even for May almost every flight BRU - FCO still costs only 19,99 euro. I think Zaventem charges more. In contrary prices from some minor airports are sky-high, fortunately for FR.

My conclusion is that while some changes to FR policies were unavoidable, the (already visible) improvements in attitude towards their customers may turn to be much more crucial while only time will tell if switching to bigger airports helps them as much as expected.

j636
6th Apr 2014, 15:30
The low fares are probably going to last until Vueling call it a day on many of the routes.

Tom!
6th Apr 2014, 17:47
I think Zaventem charges more. In contrary prices from some minor airports are sky-high, fortunately for FR.
Standard going rate for airport taxes in BRU is about €28,54 if I recall correctly.

pee
7th Apr 2014, 07:45
prices from some minor airports are sky-high
True. I suppose the profits from some of these despised small airports will be the main source of FR income this year. But everything has its limits. To give you an example: this year I organize a group trip to Budapest and for the first time in my memory the Finnair flight from HEL turned out to be cheaper than Ryanair's from Tampere, even without extras. Guess what we chose.

In spite of all I still think small airports do have much to offer, this retreat on the part of Ryanair is quite unnecessary. Apart from pushing away old customers it also changes the attitudes of local authorities who are in charge for keeping small airports alive. FR is perceived as too unreliable customer to invest in these airports, some of them could permanently be closed... quite a few are already threatened.

Delight
7th Apr 2014, 11:33
Are you tighter than a camel's backside in a sand storm? Well here's a top tip.

On Ryanair, instead of paying for a legroom seat, simply hang about in the isle near the exit rows and generally make a nusance of yourself to the crew and other passengers. Pass the time stretching your arms and legs to try and make it look as if you would be in terrible pain if you had to sit in the seat you had chosen for yourself when you checked in.

Then, when boarding is complete, you are the obvious choice for the crew to ask to occupy any vacant legroom seats, if only to get you to finally sit down and out of the way.

Oh, and dont forget your Barbour jacket when you get off!

:ugh:

ericlday
7th Apr 2014, 12:02
'Rufus Roo' jacket more pockets and lightweight. Never travel on Ryanair without it.

SealinkBF
7th Apr 2014, 12:13
It's really awkward to find routes from airports, especially if you don't know them...

I notice that when you select an airport the list of destinations from the airport is available. Is that what you mean?

(I like the new website - found £12 seats using their Skyscanner style price ribbon)

What was this revolution with Google going to be?

737aviator
8th Apr 2014, 08:55
New Base: Gdansk from October with 1 aircraft.

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/140408-ryanair-announces-new-gdansk-base/?market=en)

EI-A330-300
8th Apr 2014, 13:39
Also Warsaw

Facelookbovvered
8th Apr 2014, 13:46
Just think if FR based enough aircraft in the UK they could wipe out all UK unemployment, perpetual business plan, we'd need even more flight to Poland to bring more workers over...........

FRatSTN
8th Apr 2014, 13:50
Strictly speaking there are no "new" new routes, just additions to the winter season. Seems quite a lot of extra flights though so would imagine there's quite a few increased frequencies to come.

lfc84
8th Apr 2014, 14:07
Just think if FR based enough aircraft in the UK they could wipe out all UK unemployment, perpetual business plan, we'd need even more flight to Poland to bring more workers over...........

Haha...applauds :D

Hamburg 2K8
8th Apr 2014, 20:14
Checked in online through new website for LPL-AGP and booked allocated seat for £5 no problem. When booking my return seat to MAN it has charged me £10, 5 days after my outbound flight, why is this? In the preview text it says £5 but then the seat map shows £10!!
Also my flight times coming back have changed by 25 minutes later than initially planned, but without any e mail telling me this from Ryanair!! I only noticed on the confirmation e mail after I checked in!!

Millionmileshigh
9th Apr 2014, 21:02
Maybe you chose premium seats?

j636
10th Apr 2014, 12:05
Cologne is the next base with 1 aircraft and new routes to London, Rome, Riga, Madrid and Dublin (already announced)
http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/140410-ryanair-announces-new-cologne-base-no-68/?market=en

Yesterday 6 new routes from Madrid were announced and 9 others with freq increases.

Also their new TV add's
http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/140410-ryanair-launches-first-pan-european-brand-advertising-campaign/?market=en

CCFAIRPORT
17th Apr 2014, 16:49
NEW ROUTE FROM 2 JUNE 2014

Paris-Beauvais (BVA) to Figari (FSC)

CCFAIRPORT
24th Apr 2014, 19:23
NEW ROUTES FROM CHARLEROI / STARTS OCTOBER 2014

Brussels South Charleroi to Bucharest Otopeni
Brussels South Charleroi to Pargue Praha

Ryanair: deux nouvelles destinations cet hiver au départ de Charleroi - RTL info (http://www.rtl.be/info/votreregion/hainaut/1086279/ryanair-deux-nouvelles-destinations-cet-hiver-au-depart-de-charleroi)

Sober Lark
24th Apr 2014, 19:55
'on par with the safest airlines in Europe'. I'd say visibly better. RAK to DUB last week and two-in-the cockpit rule was very conspicuous to the public eye. Also noted a much improved customer service.

Jorik
29th Apr 2014, 12:05
NEW ROUTES FROM LISBON, STARTS OCTOBER 2014

Lisbon - Eindhoven (3 weekly)
Lisbon - Bremen (3 weekly)
Lisbon - Rome Ciampino (7 weekly)
Lisbon - Milan Bergamo (7 weekly)

Ryanair lança voos de Lisboa para Roma, Milão, Eindhoven e Bremen | Low Cost Portugal (http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/aeroportos/lisboa/ryanair-lanca-voos-de-lisboa-para-roma-milao-eindhoven-e-bremen/2014/04/#axzz30HAx2xxR)

captplaystation
29th Apr 2014, 13:00
My experience in around 80 flts (cheapest way to get to/from work ) in the last 2 years has been of the generally "neutral" variety, mainly because I have familiarised myself & abide by "the rules" thereby avoiding heartache/financial purgatory (Oh & I am nowhere near "Stans dead" so avoid the worst of it) seems though, that when things do go wrong, they go AWFULLY wrong . . .

James Lockley
April 24 at 6:15pm ·
Posted to Ryan Air today;
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing for the attention of your customer experience team. I am definitely a customer, and believe me, you didn’t fail providing us with an experience.
My wife and I had booked to fly from Stansted on the Thursday 17th April, evening flight to Bratislava. After 2 hours of fun, fun, fun, stuck on the M25 doing 20 mph, we arrived at Stansted check in with just one hour until the flight. Knowing the strict Ryan Air policy on ‘check in closes 40 mins before the flight’ as you are the Low Fare Taxi of The Skies, we went straight to the Ryan Air assistant and explained our plight. She said we were still within the time and all would be fine but we had to make the attendant at check in aware and he would assist from there.
We approached the attendant as instructed and explained. Unfortunately, in the main part, due to him being a child, and forgetting to bring his mother to work, he heard only half of the words before his brain fell apart like a wet cake. He led us to the line for closing gates, advised we should wait and all would be ok. We stood patiently in the line for 20 minutes. We got to the front of the line and the lady, who we shall from this point refer to a Vacant, explained that she had literally just that second closed the flight and we had missed it. We complained that we had done as instructed and she said it was the child’s fault because he should have advised her that we were trying to board a closing flight and that because he hadn’t told her it was therefore our fault we had missed the plane.
Confused by this process of blame apportioning, another check in clerk, who we shall refer to as Not That Bright, tried to blame us for not responding to the last call for the flight as we should have made ourselves known. I argued that the last call had not been made. Not That Bright then questioned Vacant on whether she had done a final call. Vacant did what she does best and looked, well,…… After establishing that the child had not informed Vacant we were here, and Vacant had forgotten to do a last call and that all of this was irreversible, and my fault, Not That Bright and Vacant conferred to agree this was not a problem they wished to deal with and told us to get in a very, very long line of very, very unhappy people at the quite wrongly titled ‘Customer Services Counter’ as it was in fact a Customer Shouting Desk. We complained and requested the attention of a manager.
Out came Colin, a man so angry all his hair had literally fallen out. He was so aggressive I can only assume he had accidentally inserted something sharp into somewhere private and been unable to remove it before he came to work. He was definitely a middle Gimp. I know this as Vacant and Not That Bright were clearly quite scared of him, and he can’t have been a Big Cheese as he was talking directly to customers and we all know from the papers that no-one in Big Cheese management at Ryan Air has ever seen, let alone spoken to an actual customer.
Middle Gimp had clearly listen hard at Ryan Air Middle Gimp school as he managed to take two perfectly calm and sane adults and in a matter of seconds reduce them to angry people considering violence.
‘Check in opens 3 hours before the flight’ he barked repeatedly as if it was the answer to every question in life. We tried to ask Middle Gimp direct questions about why it was necessary for us to miss the flight because the Child had forgotten to do his job, and Vacant had forgotten to do hers.
‘Why is this our fault, and why should we miss the flight because Ryan Air staff have admitted they made errors?.
‘Check in opens three hours before the flight’
‘Do you acknowledge we have just cause for complaint as we tried to do the right thing and the only reason we are not on the plane is because of communication failures with Ryan Air Staff?’
‘What colour are my trousers?’
‘Do you think economic sanctions on Russia will diffuse the escalating situation in Ukraine?’
‘Were Man Utd right to fire David Moyes?’
‘My tinkle is hurting, could you take a look if I promise not to tell anyone?’
Middle Gimp then conferred with Vacant and Not That Bright, and agreed that this was all our fault as we should have noticed that Child had made an error and we should have called the flight ourselves to assist Vacant in doing her job because she was clearly busy being, well,…... Middle Gimp then insisted we go to customer the Customer Shouting Desk, as he was definitely not going to do anything else. This was handy as the queue was very long so that by the time we would reach the front the plane would be half way to Bratislava and the problem would be solved.
We waited patiently in line as customer after customer stood at the desk to hear the same song;
‘No, no, I can’t do that, no, there are no Middle Gimps available, no, no, sorry, no, give me all your money’
We got to the Customer Shouting Desk and explained our plight to the lady there (who was actually very nice and clearly should not be working for Ryan Air as a result). She apologised but explained that Middle Gimp had finished being angry for the day and had returned to his padded cage and there were no other Middle Gimps around. We would have to book in to the flight for the next day and we would have to pay £110 each to change the ticket. When she tried to re-book the flight she said that the flight we had tried to get was actually delayed by 1 hour and still at the air port and that what we should do is run to the gate with all our luggage, she would call through and they would check our bags into the hold at the gate. We ran as fast as we could, which is not very fast because I am fat, to security to do as instructed. Security advised us that because our flight should have left, even though it hadn’t, the ticket machine would not open the barrier for us and we would need to return to the Customer Shouting Desk.
We waited patiently in the very long queue yet again for about 40 minutes to discover the nice lady had also gone home now so we had to explain the whole thing again to a new lady that looked like all the joy had been removed from her life at birth. She recited the Ryan Air customer services song with a sterling level of apathy and dreariness, I am surprised she could muster the will just to breather and stay alive.
‘No, no, I can’t do that, no, there are no Middle Gimps available, no, no, sorry, no, give me all your money’
She recited it with perfection, Middle Gimps across the world would have been in awe and the effectiveness of the techniques taught in Middle Gimp School. Seeing no other option but to hand over all our cash and come back the next morning we happily paid and got new flights.
As the new flight was at 6.25am in the morning we decided to get a hotel, we paid £79 for a room and got a taxi.
So, our customer experience was insightful and liberating. From the incompetent Child with a brain so full of girls and Vauxhall Corsa modifications he couldn’t actually listen or speak, through Vacant and Not That Bright who decided on reflection that anything they did wrong was our fault for not pointing it out to them, right through Middle Gimp who made a Tasmanian Devil look calm and Zen like, and the sad one, oh so sad, having every last drop of life sucked out of her by her chosen career at the Ryan Air Customer Shouting Desk. I very nearly jumped over the desk just to give her a cuddle and tell her everything would be alright if she could just muster the will to leave the Ryan Air Customer Shouting Desk and find a more fulfilling job, like starting the very first Israeli pork pie factory, or being a parking attendant in Tower Hamlets, or in fact just resigning herself to a slow and uncomfortable death would have been indistinguishable from the current position and would require much less effort.
The net result of this ‘experience’ was;
New Flights - £220
Hotel £79
Taxi x 2 £50
Worlds most expensive sandwich in the only hotel we could get £35
1 x significant breach of Tort Law (2008 as quoted by Lord Atkin) by Ryan Air, Google it, it’s a cracking read. I will leave you to decide the monetary value of this.
1 x very angry and upset wife, in particular with Middle Gimp for being so unbelievably rude.
1 x Missed wedding reception for our Slovakian family (sorry, forgot to mention this nugget earlier) who all turned up from all over the country to see us for an event we were forced to miss, because Child and Vacant are clueless at best and Middle Gimp has anger management issues.
So, thank you Ryan Air for a comfortable and enjoyable experience. I have watched a program called the news so I fully expect this to land on the desk of the customer services team underneath the empty bottles and sandwich wrappers that you also file there. You treated us badly, you cost us money and made us miss our wedding reception through a display of incompetence I have not seen since Greece was allowed to have money and a cheque book.
I sincerely doubt you will do anything about this, compensate us, apologise, or even respond according to the news, so I have sent this recorded and sign for delivery to absolutely confirm my opinion of Ryan Air and that it is not just ‘lost in the post’
Regards
You bunch of…………….
DJ Lockley
P.S. Maybe Middle Gimp in particular, but Child, Not That Bright, and Vacant should purchase one of your reasonable priced tickets and go to Slovakia (assuming they were actually allowed on the plane. The Ryan Air employees there are smart, clever, bilingual, helpful, and polite and they should in my opinion experience an example of how they should do their job. The Slovak staff could explain it to them, but they wouldn’t be able to understand it for them, so it may be a waste of time after all.

captplaystation
29th Apr 2014, 13:12
Sober Lark,

Admirable implementation of SOP's indeed, and one that other airlines would do well to adopt following the Ethiopian divert to GVA & (possibly ) MAS ? (not to mention the suicide involving the Embraer in the game-park a year or so ago )

Less admirable is spending half the flt sitting in 1C having ones feet trampled by 3-4 pax waiting for the toilet , augmented for lengthy time periods by 4 Cabin Crew accompanied by a sales trolley discussing how best to attack the "sales targets" . . . do you know how many drop down 02 masks there are above the Forward Jump Seat ? (that, + the 4 in Row 1 does not equal 11 I can tell you )

However, if one fixates on one small aspect of any carriers operation , rather than the "big picture", it is all too easy to draw the wrong conclusions.

paully
29th Apr 2014, 13:43
I would be amazed if James Lockley even got a reply from Ryanair and understandably so. Its a rude and sarcastic rant, which probably went into the bin before they got to paragraph 3 :ugh:..short sharp and precise works much better. Still maybe he might learn as he lives, Slovakia or otherwise :ooh:

pwalhx
29th Apr 2014, 14:46
I saw this letter in a Facebook post earlier in the week. I doubt the letter was written in expectation of a response, merely as a method to vent their spleen,

Sober Lark
29th Apr 2014, 14:58
What conclusions can I draw from someone who claims he had the Great Wildebeest migration passing over his feet whilst he was seated in 1C? Can't wait to hear about the other 79 flights.

racedo
29th Apr 2014, 19:04
So James didn't check in and wants to blame Ryanair.

Funny he not blaming anybody for M25 holdup.

pwalhx
29th Apr 2014, 20:41
And pray why did he not check in on time, do you not believe, if the story is correct of course, that Ryanair staff are culpable?

Capetonian
30th Apr 2014, 07:21
I think I must get James Lockley to write to Llo ... err... a certain bank for me. That letter is a masterpiece.

Sometimes the joy of writing and publishing a letter like that exceeds the worth of any possible compensation one might get.

captplaystation
30th Apr 2014, 09:20
Sober Lark,

And pray tell me, what conclusions can I draw from the inference that the implementation of a simple SOP is somehow a barometer of every aspect of a companies operation . . . . . probably the same conclusion I happen upon when observing virtually the whole posting history involves praising one company & slagging off their competitors, or mutinous employees.

Oh well, at least your biases are totally transparent at least.

FWIW I always invest my 10€ in 2D , as I get fed up with being stood on/thumped in the shoulder during boarding, stood on during the entire flt & disappointed in many cases by the view in front of me during take off & landing when they forget to schedule the "calendar girls" on my flight.

1A is better, but then the cabin side is a bit close due to the shape of Boeings "tube".

If you read my other post above, you will see that I have summarised most of my 80 "experiences" as "neutral" . . . . price OK , punctuality OK, in-flight experience ? nuff said, does what it says on the tin, as I have found on the majority of European operators.

Sober Lark
30th Apr 2014, 10:18
"FWIW I always invest my 10€ in 2D "

Thanks for the warning about perils of choosing 2E Capt :)

j636
30th Apr 2014, 12:17
Ryanair have added 5 more 738's to the boeing order.

21 aircraft will be delivered by peak summer 2015 4 more than planned.

Ryanair buys five more 737-800 planes from Boeing - Tourism News | Travel & Tourism Industry News | The Irish Times - Wed, Apr 30, 2014 (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-buys-five-more-737-800-planes-from-boeing-1.1778712)

As well as Lisbon and Manchesr growth announced yesterday, Porto and Athens have receinved new routes and increaed frequancys and an extra 738 (no3 at ATH).

CCFAIRPORT
30th Apr 2014, 13:59
NEW ROUTES

Athens to Charleroi
Athens to Rome CIA

Ryanair renforce sa présence en Grèce | Nouvelles (http://www.lapresse.ca/voyage/nouvelles/201404/30/01-4762210-ryanair-renforce-sa-presence-en-grece.php)

Bremen to Gothenburg City (Starts Oct. 14)

Una Due Tfc
30th Apr 2014, 21:37
Just curious, not including the leased aircraft coming, do Ryanair have more 738s now than this time last year or less?

DomyDom
1st May 2014, 05:57
New route: Eindhoven to Manchester, 4 weekly.:)

EI-A330-300
1st May 2014, 16:03
Ryanair website now shows which flights are being operated by B737-400. It will say Air Contractors or Air Explorer under the flight number.

CCFAIRPORT
2nd May 2014, 09:00
Ryanair has decided to resume few flights during the winter season such as :

Düsseldorf-Weeze to Agadir
Düsseldorf-Weeze to Smaland
Düsseldorf-Weeze to Stockholm-Skavsta
Düsseldorf-Weeze to Tallinn
Stockholm-Skavsta to Gran Canaria Las Palmas
Stockholm-Skavsta to Tenerife-South Reina Sofia

rutankrd
2nd May 2014, 10:41
Just curious, not including the leased aircraft coming, do Ryanair have more 738s now than this time last year or less?

Fewer today in 2013 and up to April of 2014 8 were withdrawn/sold

No new deliveries have been received since December 2012

yeo valley
2nd May 2014, 11:24
looks like fr are trying not to park as many aircraft next winter. i wonderb if any more winter routes will be announced. routes announced on post 2121

CCFAIRPORT
2nd May 2014, 12:18
Yes I think you re right

Curious Pax
2nd May 2014, 13:15
Ryanair website now shows which flights are being operated by B737-400. It will say Air Contractors or Air Explorer under the flight number.

There was also talk of some 738s for the summer (from FlyDubai?) - any further news on them?

Una Due Tfc
2nd May 2014, 20:05
Thanks Rutankrd.

So with less planes now than they had, all these new routes that been announced over the last 6 months haven't been expansion, and the usual FR pr machine has been glossing over all routes that had to be cut as a result?

Also, the fact they are having to lease so many aircraft after selling their own implies a pretty expensive cock up by management?

Shed-on-a-Pole
2nd May 2014, 22:47
Not really. For a lengthy period of time time, Boeing were not willing to agree a follow-up B738 order with Ryanair on terms which made financial sense to management at the company. Under these circumstances, can it be classed as a 'pretty expensive cock-up' to walk away from the negotiating table? We cannot make a specific judgment from afar as we were not party to the figures discussed. However, as a general principle of management, overpaying your suppliers is not a good long-term strategy, especially for products with a very high unit cost. There is always a price above which it is better to walk away.

Ryanair will have carefully assessed the opportunity cost of delaying a follow-up order versus the potential profit to be derived from expedited fleet expansion. All the numbers will have been crunched, including those relating to fleet disposals. 'Growing like gangbusters' (to borrow a favourite MOL phrase) is not the only game in town. Waiting for the price to come to you can make alot of sense too. Keeping a leash on costs is just as important as growing the business. It is all about the bottom line in the end.

On the issue of short-term summer leases, Ryanair is not the first company to acknowledge the value of boosting peak period seat inventory which can be sold at a premium. When the leased units return to their parent company, Ryanair has no ongoing liability to manage this additional capacity on a permanent basis (through the low season). The strategy makes sense.

Jamie2k9
3rd May 2014, 14:56
Thanks Rutankrd.

So with less planes now than they had, all these new routes that been announced over the last 6 months haven't been expansion, and the usual FR pr machine has been glossing over all routes that had to be cut as a result?

Also, the fact they are having to lease so many aircraft after selling their own implies a pretty expensive cock up by management?

They always drop and begin new routes every season, nothing new!

They had signalled the aircraft situation well in advance however the 6 additional aircraft in Ireland were not part of the plans for the summer as the travel tax being scrapped in October was unexpected. Then you had the sudden changes in Italy in Feb which was just them taken market opportunities which arose.

eu01
4th May 2014, 18:40
Ryanair urges Brussels Airlines to not accept money from the Belgian state plan for national airlines. The recent politically motivated effort to give a special incentive to the Belgian companies at BRU has sparked a fierce opposition of MOL, who called the scheme discriminatory. Is Ryanair being treated unfair? Well, the federal government has allocated an annual budget of € 19 million airport to cover the security costs at Brussels National to all airlines that carry annually over 400 thousand pax from/to Zaventem. However, in the next three years the money will be given only to the companies that met this criterion in 2012. As the result, the security costs' reimbursement will get only Thomas Cook, Brussels Airlines and Jetairfly, not FR.

Sources say Ryanair is one of the two companies that have already complained to the European Commission demanding an investigation into the matter.

Jack1985
4th May 2014, 18:53
If I'm not mistaken, were Ryanair not sued unsuccessfully by the EU for receiving state funds which would be for precisely the same reason above only that they were getting these funds from Regional Airport's who were addimately benefiting from the flights at the time? What kind of a double standard is going on here at all?

CCFAIRPORT
5th May 2014, 11:58
Resumes October 26th 2014

Riga to Charleroi (4 per week)
Riga to Leeds (2 per week)

racedo
5th May 2014, 13:45
Ryanair urges Brussels Airlines to not accept money from the Belgian state plan for national airlines. The recent politically motivated effort to give a special incentive to the Belgian companies at BRU has sparked a fierce opposition of MOL, who called the scheme discriminatory. Is Ryanair being treated unfair? Well, the federal government has allocated an annual budget of € 19 million airport to cover the security costs at Brussels National to all airlines that carry annually over 400 thousand pax from/to Zaventem. However, in the next three years the money will be given only to the companies that met this criterion in 2012. As the result, the security costs' reimbursement will get only Thomas Cook, Brussels Airlines and Jetairfly, not FR.

Pretty much going to fall over in court when using years old criteria to decide who gets Government money. Lawyers will be happy.

VickersVicount
5th May 2014, 14:25
Any more news on FR upping sticks and moving from PIK. Presumably nothing will happen until the Scottish Government elections, given they are currently holding the empty purse strings at PIK.

Skipness One Echo
5th May 2014, 14:55
Are you intentionally mixing "opening up GLA" with "moving out of PIK"?

VickersVicount
5th May 2014, 19:57
Intentionally ? You really do often have an unfortunate turn of phrase. If id meant that I would have said so. As you well know there had been suggestion that ops would be consolidated at EDI. You know otherwise ?

ScotsSLF
5th May 2014, 21:57
What does "that ops would be consolidated at EDI" actually mean?

Skipness One Echo
5th May 2014, 22:48
I assume he means GLA, the most likely scenarios being :
1) RYANAIR launch GLA with a selection of routes with strong inbound tourism potential leaving PIK the low cost West Coast outbound sun holidays and a maintenance base.
2) RYANAIR open a base at GLA moving the whole ex-PIK operation into the old international pier at GLA. These stands have re-jigged to allow even more B737/A320 sized aircraft to be parked simultaneously. It's not yet on the published AIP but is clearly visible.

honest man
6th May 2014, 02:40
Theres no no news on FR upping sticks i know of

ScotsSLF
6th May 2014, 07:09
FR at the old international pier at GLA? Can't see it as it is manic enough at present with EZY and LOG there at present. There may be more stands incorporated but as a passenger experience this pier is one of the worst I encounter. It would need considerable revamping to include FR. I can though see the odd inbound European city destination operating into and out from the new international pier at GLA so SOE's scenario 1 is not outwith the realms of fantasy.

onyxcrowle
6th May 2014, 18:49
With this Debate about PIK vs GLA. Makes one post the question. What if Ryanair being the smart kimd of guy he is. Decides to 'Split' Their offering and really stir up a hornets nest.
And I mean by Setting up For Example Ryanair Premium. This could target more business routes and perhaps airports that appeal to the business traveller but with a twist in the service side to still make all the money in sales
By offering a premium Cabin
Better seats. Wifi (free no faffing with logging into whatever).
Bring back the old fashioned Decent meals. Nicer service. Quiet adverts but offering premium products aimed at a business traveller.
Perhaps some clever database collating ticket info and offering directed sales at a pax via seat back infotainment.
These aircraft could have seat pitches adjusted and an inch or two more leg room.
But in True Irish style a very premium First class.
Prices would be much lower than Ba and as Ryr try to be on time and are plentiful it ought to be a winner.
Of course there would be a premium over flying standard Ryanair.
And as for Standard they could do an offer like Spend €100 Euro on duty free from the trolley you get a free ticket.
Then the op's plan to have some better destinations from GLA. And the Rest from PIK might work.
In fact I'm no fan of O leary but if anyone could pull it off I bet he could.

CCFAIRPORT
8th May 2014, 17:40
Resumes in Winter

Düsseldorf Weeze to Bydgoszcz
Glasgow Prestwick to Bydgoszcz
Paris Beauvais to Wroclaw
Oslo Rygge to Tenerife
Oslo Rygge to Gran Canaria

j636
11th May 2014, 20:57
Random!
https://www.euroweeklynews.com/news/uk/item/120457-ryanair-forces-passengers-to-sign-waiver

The SSK
12th May 2014, 12:43
In Belgium, it is compulsory to vote. And you can be summoned to spend half a day acting as polling officer.

At least ten people in Herzele, East Flanders, have gone so far as to book a flight to Italy with low-cost airline Ryanair in order to claim that they will be out of the country on election day and therefore unable to stand in as poll workers, according to Het Laatste Nieuws. Peace Judges have responded displeased and warn of prosecution.

racedo
12th May 2014, 18:22
I though Poll workers got paid........................mind you chance of a P*** up in Italy instead of work is no contest.

750XL
13th May 2014, 15:37
Not sure if it's already common knowledge, but FR are going to be leasing 3 x 738s from FlyDubai starting 18th May

racedo
13th May 2014, 17:13

It was mentioned before but not when arriving.

Charlie Roy
13th May 2014, 22:00
It was mentioned before but not when arriving.

They will commence operations on May 18th and will be based in Stansted until September 15th. They will be repainted in Ryanair colours and re-registered as follows:

EI FEB B737-8KN CN 40255 EX A6-FEB
EI FEC B737-8KN CN 40256 EX A6-FEC
EI FED B737-8KN CN 40257 EX A6-FED

StevieW
14th May 2014, 01:01
Op'd by Ryanair crew then, I assume?

CCFAIRPORT
14th May 2014, 11:50
Only 7 routes this winter for Cork such as

Gdańsk (GDN)
Lanzarote-Arrecife (ACE)
Liverpool (LPL)
London-Gatwick (LGW)
London-Stansted (STN)
Vilnius (VNO)
Wrocław (WRO)

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/cork-airport-lsquonot-attractivWroc%C5%82awe-enough-to-add-more-routesrsquo-268498.html

The SSK
14th May 2014, 15:59
Anna Aero's analysis of this summer's schedules

Ryanair shock! More routes dropped this summer than added (http://www.anna.aero/2014/05/13/ryanair-more-routes-dropped-this-summer-than-added/?utm_source=anna.aero+newsletter&utm_campaign=0c716f840c-anna_nl_140514&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ecdbf41674-0c716f840c-73695155)

Schipholhand
14th May 2014, 17:41
it seems that Ryanair will now include 'real' hubs on it's routes. These will replace the 'bus and fly' airports that put Ryanair on the map, albeit in strange locations. So the Charlerois, Weesps, Hahns and other destinations will lose out to the biggies, Brussels, Duesseldorf. Frankfurt etc. So the newspapers say anyway!
What price seat selection?.....

racedo
14th May 2014, 21:00
Kind of sensationalist stuff from them which is chasing newspaper headlines really.

Ryanair has no new aircraft in and has taken on a number of leased aircraft to ensure it meets Summer demand.

davidjohnson6
14th May 2014, 22:01
Racedo may have a point in that the article is a little sensationalised but as the saying goes 'no smoke without fire'. FR seem to be making non-trivial structural changes to their route network - as one of Europe's largest and most opportunistic airlines, such a significant change of business strategy is worthy of analysis and discussion

EK77WNCL
14th May 2014, 22:25
Hi, regarding the Flydubai 738's what will happen to the interior if they are repainting the exterior? Seems unusual for such a short spell, but will they have the Flydubai interior? Presumably with the TV's permanently off...

AirGuru
15th May 2014, 07:23
FR to start CWL-TFS this winter.

CCFAIRPORT
15th May 2014, 11:33
here's the link

BBC News - Ryanair returns to Cardiff Airport with Tenerife route (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-27420572)

The SSK
15th May 2014, 14:11
racedo: Kind of sensationalist stuff from them which is chasing newspaper headlines really.

Not sensationalist, just Anna Aero's habit of coming up with jokey headlines and animations to go with their fairly serious analysis.

Although the numbers would have been less dramatic if the purely operational situation at Warsaw (explained in the article) had been excluded.

Don't worry, racedo, they aren't FR-bashing

racedo
15th May 2014, 18:18
Anna Aero can do as they like but feel that in this case they attempting to gain Media attention to themselves which is a pity as they normally good.
Adding in an airport which FR had zero control over made their analysis more newsworthy but nothing else.

LNIDA
19th May 2014, 07:49
BBC News - Ryanair profits drop for the first time in five years (http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27465993)

It's tough out there !!

Facelookbovvered
19th May 2014, 08:11
It will be very interesting to see how the switch away from secondary airports to more main line airports impacts Ryanair's performance, the costs are likely to be higher and OTP will likely fall. If they can attract extra passengers at a higher price that will help, but there is still a long way to go to change many peoples perception of the Ryanair experience, justified or not.

Gate cut off times can be tricky in big airports and a standard STD -25 or -40 close the gate attitude, even if you can see someone running to make the flight approach will rankle and before someone ! points out that gate cut off times are shown on the booking form/ticket, real passengers have real lives and jobs that don't revolve around defending a particular airlines customer policies on Pprune

The other effect of taking your passengers into proper airports is they get to see how the likes of easyJet, Norwegian & Vueling deal with passengers from check in to gate.

It is good to see that Ryanair are trying to improve their product offering, ditto some of their employment T & C's it shows that the market is working

lfc84
19th May 2014, 10:01
ditto some of their employment T & C's it shows that the market is working

for example ?

Curious Pax
19th May 2014, 12:31
Ref the FlyDubai 738s at Stansted. I assume they are flown by Ryanair crews as they are being put on the Irish register? Are they to be dedicated to particular routes, or just treated as part of the based fleet with no differentiation?

j636
21st May 2014, 15:05
Finially some real customer service improvements!

Ryanair to cut on-time trumpet jingle from flights - Tourism News | Travel & Tourism Industry News | The Irish Times - Wed, May 21, 2014 (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-to-cut-on-time-trumpet-jingle-from-flights-1.1803928)

pottwiddler
21st May 2014, 15:24
Finially some real customer service improvements!

Ryanair to cut on-time trumpet jingle from flights - Tourism News | Travel & Tourism Industry News | The Irish Times - Wed, May 21, 2014 (http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=1e857e7500cdd32403f752206c297a3d&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Fairlines-airports-routes%2F496656-ryanair-9-a-109.html&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Fsectors%2Ft ransport-and-tourism%2Fryanair-to-cut-on-time-trumpet-jingle-from-flights-1.1803928)

Hallejulah!!!!! I might fly with them now. ;)

I believe that the winter program from Bournemouth has been announced too.Not sure if it's the based aircraft or not but Tenerife, Malaga and Alicante are more than likely continuing through the winter.

CCFAIRPORT
23rd May 2014, 12:34
HERE'S THE WINTER SCHEDULED FOR WROCLAW AIRPORT
2 A/C BASED

1st A/C

STN 0630-1120 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
BGY 1145-1535 1-5
BLQ 1145-1540 3-7
STN 1810-2300 1-3-5-7
ORK 1630-2235 2-6

2nd A/C

WMI 0650-0910 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
EMA 0935-1430 1-3-5-7
LPL 0935-1445 2-4-6
WMI 1610-1830 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
BVA 1855-2320 1-3-5-7
RYG 1855-2305 2-4-6

Plus routes to Girona (2pw) -Dublin (5pw) -Shannon (2pw) -Bristol 2pw) and Glasgow Prestwick (2pw)

papabravowhiskey
23rd May 2014, 13:43
According to an article in Midi Libre (http://www.midilibre.fr/2014/05/22/ryanair-nouvelle-procedure-pour-travail-dissimule-perquisitions-a-marseille,864413.php), the French airline pilots' union SNPL has lodged a complaint against Ryanair for alleged continued evasion of French employment taxes and social charges in its operations from Marseille. As a result, searches were carried out at premises at Marseille airport earlier this week. This is a new court case: in a previous case, Ryanair was found guilty but is going through an appeal process. Don't hold your breath whilst waiting for a definitive outcome to either of these two cases: they are highly likely to end up in the European Court once the French system has been exhausted. Your grandchildren may live to see the eventual outcome ...

PBW

CCFAIRPORT
24th May 2014, 19:52
For the winter season the scheduled from Madrid to Paris-Beauvais is strange on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday ! The plane will leave Madrid at 0645 for an arrival at 0900 and the flight back is only at 2110 ??? do you have any exponation ????
I know that sometimes an aircraft is going to another destination before joining his base (PSA-BVA-VNO-BVA-PSA)
Is it the case for the MAD flight ??? it seems too long for a crew

CCFAIRPORT
24th May 2014, 19:57
I have the exponation LOL
The A/C is doing MAD-BVA-RBA-MAD and another one will do MAD-RBA-BVA-MAD

Hobo
24th May 2014, 20:07
Are you sure that's right... I may need to use that route and it looks like MAD-BVS-MAD, at least for October 2014 is FR5444 1515-1725, FR5445 1750-2000.....

Sober Lark
27th May 2014, 13:50
"In accordance with Regulation (EC) 2111/2005 this email is to inform you that your flight(s) will be operated by Air Contractor on Ryanair’s behalf on a similar aircraft type (Boeing 737). All the Terms and Conditions of Carriage previously agreed to when making your booking with Ryanair remain in force."

What is this all about?

fivejuliet
27th May 2014, 14:49
Air Contractors are operating some flights with 734's for Ryanair this summer. EU regulation says if the flight is contracted to another airline pax must be informed of same, basically.

Sober Lark
27th May 2014, 16:16
Thanks 5J. Good old EU empowering the consumer with information overload.

Aluminium shuffler
27th May 2014, 18:46
Seems reasonable to me, Lark - firstly, it saves confusion when the pax are confronted with an aircraft in a different livery, and second, there are some operators who's aircraft I wouldn't want to fly, and others will have similar feelings about some operators, so it would enable a refund and alternative arrangements to be made in advance if that were the case; if, for example, a Lion Air was on the tarmac for your wet leased flight, would you be quite so happy to board it?

Sober Lark
27th May 2014, 19:08
The EU blacklist would protect me against Lion Air so the situation would never arise. I have complete confidence in Ryanair's choice of replacement aircraft on the DUB- PRG this particular day but on your other point, where in Ryanair's T&Cs did you see I could get a refund if I wanted one?

EK77WNCL
27th May 2014, 21:35
I'd love it if Lion Air turned up... Everyone needs to live on the edge sometimes, looking forward to my £14 flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai in August.

Anyway, does anyone know whether Ryanair have butchered the interior of the FZ 738's or do they still have TV's/FZ interior etc, and how can I get on one? Or is it just blind luck?

Cheers all

Capetonian
27th May 2014, 21:43
In exactly the same way, the EU code of conduct requires codeshare disclosure, so that if you book a ticket on a codeshare/franchise flight with a BA flight number, the system will generate a message that the flight is operated by, for example, Iberia, with an Iberia aircraft and crew (and thus best avoided!)

I rarely defend anything that the EU has done but this does have a value.

Captain_Caveman
27th May 2014, 23:24
EK77WNCL

As far as I'm aware the leased FlyDubai aircraft are the oldest in the fleet and are the the ones without seat back tv's unlike their newer 738's.

Cavey

captplaystation
28th May 2014, 14:07
Would hope so, can't have the Prols getting ideas above their station.

On the "notification" front, I would say look at the nasty little accident involving Manx Airlines & a Spanish Metroliner a couple of years back & rejoice in the fact that you find out prior to strolling across the apron. You don't have to look as far as Indonesia, there are a few "legal" companies I would not countenance flying with in Europe.

I wouldn't have such blind confidence in the choice of aircraft leased in, as long as it is legal (covering of @ss being paramount) I would suggest price/availability would have influenced the choice more than the reputation (good or bad) of any operator concerned.

Aluminium shuffler
28th May 2014, 18:13
Lark, stop being so literal! I used that company as an extreme example; I'm quite aware that they're EU black listed. Look at the Cork turbo prop crash a couple of years ago to see an EU sub-chartered for a Manx company going awry over dodgy standards.

As for refunds if you chose not to travel on subbed flights, I'm pretty sure you can as you are not getting the exact product you paid for. Consumer laws probably have something to cover it, and with good reason. A lack of mention on a website doesn't preclude that.

Sober Lark
28th May 2014, 21:37
AL Shuffler, sorry I thought you were serious about Lion Air. On the other point, I don't think EU2111/2005 also means an automatic or option to any refund entitlement? Nothing in the notice I received implied this was the case. My reading of FR's T&C is that it is not an option.

I fully appreciate the validity of what you and Captplaystation remark regarding Cork. Did PAX on 7100 get such an advance notice as per regulation?

Jamie2k9
28th May 2014, 22:06
I don't think EU2111/2005 also means an automatic or option to any refund entitlement? Nothing in the notice I received implied this was the case. My reading of FR's T&C is that it is not an option.

It's technically possible under Irish Consumer Law...

EI-DAC
30th May 2014, 08:26
12 routes will be cut from MLA in W14/15.

yeo valley
30th May 2014, 10:22
And which 12 routes is this to be cut from malta in w14/15

davidjohnson6
30th May 2014, 11:12
Would these 12 routes include the 11 already seasonal routes to Billund, Bournemouth, Girona, Prestwick, Gothenburg, Kaunas, Krakow, Rygge, Seville, Valencia and Wroclaw ?
Alternatively, are there additional routes being reduced at Malta instead ?

EI-DAC
30th May 2014, 11:20
Yes additional routes to be cut are LBA, PSA, TPS, TRN.
Didn't know the other were seasonal.

OltonPete
30th May 2014, 11:21
Leeds, Pisa, Trapani and Turin are all bookable this summer but not beyond the end of October.

Seville and Valencia? Already removed from the drop-down.

Pete

CCFAIRPORT
30th May 2014, 19:47
RYANAIR LAUNCHES WINTER SCHEDULED FROM / TO BUDAPEST

2A/C

1ST PLANE

STN 0630-1150 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
BGY 1215-1550 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
DUB 1650-2320 1-2-3-4-5-6-7

2ND PLANE

CIA 0630-1020 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
BVA 1045-1545 1-3-5-7
BRS 1045-1635 2
PSA 1045-1440 6
PSA 1630-2025 3
BRS 1630-2220 5
MAN 1720-2320 2-4-6-7

Plus routes to

BCN 1-3-5-6-7 (1935-2000)
CRL 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 (1600-1625)
BLL 4-7 (1230-1255)
MAD 2-4-6 (1920-1945)
STN 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 (1505-1530)
STN 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 (2100-2125)

CCFAIRPORT
31st May 2014, 12:31
Here's the winter program for Stockholm/Skavsta

3 A/C
13 routes

1st A/C

Stansted 0630-1130 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
Eindhoven 1155-1620 1-5
Warszawa 1155-1525 2-3-4-6-7
Beauvais 1720-2230 1-3-5-7
Stansted 1800-2300 2-4-6

2nd A/C

Ciampino 0640-1315 1-5
Alicante 0715-1555 2-4-6
Malaga 0710-1625 3-7
Bremen 1400-1740 1-5 (Ends 8 December 2014)
Stansted 1805-2305 1-5
Stansted 1800-2300 3-7

3rd A/C

Krakow 0700-1105 1-3-5-7
Stansted 1130-1630 1-5
Malta 1335-2150 6
Bergamo 1720-2255 1-2-3-4-5-7

Plus routes to

Gran Canaria de Las Palmas 1400-1435 5-7
Tenerife Reina Sofia 1500-1535 4-6

Bengt
31st May 2014, 18:25
Here's the winter program for Stockholm/Skavsta

3 A/C
13 routes

And Barcelona is cancelled for the winter season?

CCFAIRPORT
31st May 2014, 18:57
For the moment BCN is not on sale !!! So I can't confirm you that BCN is cancelled for WS

dmcna
1st Jun 2014, 14:59
BCN and CRL both cancelled for the winter season however NRN makes a return

Jack1985
5th Jun 2014, 01:15
On the day of the strike at Ciampino this happens, aircraft rolled into an adjacent building from its stand where it was parked, suspicious to me - Or simply gross misconduct by someone not securing an aircraft when the brakes depleted.

http://i57.tinypic.com/30hrl3t.jpg

davidjohnson6
5th Jun 2014, 02:09
I've been looking at Ryanair's operations around Paris and am puzzled as to FR's network choices. I realise CDG and Orly have high-ish fees and FR have chosen to use Beauvais as a proxy base while not incurring French social employment costs.
I see that FR also fly to Vatry, a very long way east of Paris - not far from Reims. The destinations at Vatry are also flown from Beauvais. Unlike Beauvais with bus services locally andto Paris, Vatry is about 25 km from the nearest train station and is not served by a bus service at all.

So why do FR fly to Vatry at all ? Is it driven entirely by migrant agricultural workers or is there some other story going on ? Vatry is a cargo airport - seems unlikely that Beauvais management will worry too much about threats by FR to up sticks and move to Vatry...

ConstantFlyer
5th Jun 2014, 10:47
So why do FR fly to Vatry at all ?
Maybe passengers are flying TO the Reims area, rather than originating there, and avoiding a needless slog through Paris as a result.

lfc84
5th Jun 2014, 12:39
@sober_lark

re refunds....

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/474523758527807488

captplaystation
5th Jun 2014, 19:09
dj6,

Eurodisney is to the East of Paris, so, very easy access from Vatry. Don't know about public transport, but if you are driving it is not too bad for Metz Nancy etc, so possibly more non-Paris traffic, although the East of Paris is not too bad from Vatry (again, I can't speak for public transport. )

davidjohnson6
5th Jun 2014, 20:16
captplaystation - with the greatest respect, Vatry has zero public transport and is 80 miles or 130 km by road from Disneyland. The only FR routes to Vatry are from Marrakesh and Porto - neither of which seem likely to bring in hordes of people visiting the mouse.

Cyrano
5th Jun 2014, 23:26
So why do FR fly to Vatry at all ? Is it driven entirely by migrant agricultural workers or is there some other story going on ?

David: note the reference here (http://www.lunion.presse.fr/region/quelles-pistes-pour-l-aeroport-de-vatry-jna3b24n86011) to
l'aide annuel de APVP (association qui attire les compagnies aériennes grâce à trois à quatre millions d'euros annuels)
i.e. "the annual support of the APVP [a notionally independent marketing-support funding mechanism for the airport], an association which attracts airlines with €3-4m per year".

€3-4m plus a handful of migrant agricultural workers would get you a few Ryanair routes...

Jamie2k9
5th Jun 2014, 23:36
I've been looking at Ryanair's operations around Paris and am puzzled as to FR's network choices. I realise CDG and Orly have high-ish fees and FR have chosen to use Beauvais as a proxy base while not incurring French social employment costs.
I see that FR also fly to Vatry, a very long way east of Paris - not far from Reims. The destinations at Vatry are also flown from Beauvais. Unlike Beauvais with bus services locally andto Paris, Vatry is about 25 km from the nearest train station and is not served by a bus service at all.

So why do FR fly to Vatry at all ? Is it driven entirely by migrant agricultural workers or is there some other story going on ? Vatry is a cargo airport - seems unlikely that Beauvais management will worry too much about threats by FR to up sticks and move to Vatry...

You need to look at it differently and not limit it to Paris area.

It's mainly because of cultural connections as Portuguese are the largest single European group living in France while Moroccan is the second largest African group living in France. Combined both make up 2.7-3 million people.

Will explain how such regional airports in France have links to Portugal and Morocco.

What was more random is FR started off in Vatry with Oslo and Stockholm if I am not mistaking.

Cyrano
6th Jun 2014, 09:15
What was more random is FR started off in Vatry with Oslo and Stockholm if I am not mistaking.

It's not really random - the local authorities and public bodies are (understandably) more interested in providing support funding for routes if they think those routes will bring tourists into the area and contribute to the local economy, and that was the idea with the Scandinavian routes.

Subsidising a route that will mainly fly guest workers home for holidays with their families, and local people out of the country to spend their money somewhere else, is a tougher budgetary case.

davidjohnson6
6th Jun 2014, 10:46
Cyrano - thx for pointing out the link yesterday.
The immediate question in my mind is where exactly this marketing sponsorship of 3m euros is coming from and why it's being paid for a couple of routes to Marrakesh and Porto. Does FR really have much of a future at Vatry ? After dropping the Stansted-Dole route, I'm wondering how long FR will stay at Dole or St Etienne - which have very similiar route profiles to Vatry.

caja
6th Jun 2014, 23:07
Michael O'Leary in Lisbon 12/6

Font in Portuguese language: Low Cost Portugal - Viajar e Viver Low Cost (http://www.lowcostportugal.net#ixzz33u3Pl2QH)

toledoashley
11th Jun 2014, 05:49
MOL has been talking up transatlantic recently - complaining that the middle eastern airlines had taken all the slots for wide bodied aircraft...

Maybe the A350 cancellation by Emirates is what they need, 50 A350's is just the sort of aircraft he was looking for.

Airbus and Emirates Airline agree to cancel A350 XWB order | Airbus News & Events (http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/news-events-single/detail/airbus-and-emirates-airline-agree-to-cancel-a350-xwb-order/)

Cyrano
11th Jun 2014, 08:31
MOL has been talking up transatlantic recently - complaining that the middle eastern airlines had taken all the slots for wide bodied aircraft...

Maybe the A350 cancellation by Emirates is what they need, 50 A350's is just the sort of aircraft he was looking for.

He doesn't have to wait for A350s. There is B777-300ER availability even sooner (http://leehamnews.com/2014/06/10/emirates-cancels-a350-order-could-be-boost-for-slow-selling-777-classic/). The issue is not simply aircraft availability, it's aircraft availability at a distressed price (like the Ryanair 737 order after Sept 11 2001). From Ryanair's point of view, demand for long-haul widebodies (and pricing) is distressingly robust at present.

racedo
11th Jun 2014, 22:49
He doesn't have to wait for A350s. There is B777-300ER availability even sooner (http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=1e857e7500cdd32403f752206c297a3d&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Fairlines-airports-routes%2F496656-ryanair-9-a-111.html&out=http%3A%2F%2Fleehamnews.com%2F2014%2F06%2F10%2Femirates-cancels-a350-order-could-be-boost-for-slow-selling-777-classic%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Fairlines-airports-routes-85%2F). The issue is not simply aircraft availability, it's aircraft availability at a distressed price (like the Ryanair 737 order after Sept 11 2001). From Ryanair's point of view, demand for long-haul widebodies (and pricing) is distressingly robust at present.

Hardly a surprise as no way the Gulf carriers were going to pick up on all the orders they had out there.

toledoashley
12th Jun 2014, 05:46
The first hurdle he stated was the slots - the middle eastern carriers have taken the majority of them. Secondly would be the cost.

Airbus have said that lots of airlines are looking at the slots, but nobody could make as much noise about them as MOL.

CCFAIRPORT
17th Jun 2014, 11:36
NEW ROUTES FROM WARSAW-MODLIN (Starts october 2014)
+ 1 new A/C based

Warsaw Modlin to Fuerteventura (1pw)
Warsaw Modlin to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (1pw)
Warsaw Modlin to Tenerife Reina Sofia (2pw)

Steviec9
25th Jun 2014, 16:59
Any update on when FR expect to roll out mobile boarding passes? M'OL has said (last year) that it was expected in Summer 2014. They're lagging behind a bit with this one.

maggot738
25th Jun 2014, 17:23
Ryanair has recently introduced a family initiative with their family extra package. Freebies for infants like car seats etc and 50 % off for kids on checked bags! priority boarding and allocated seating. This is great for families as having travelled personally too many times with kids in tow I know what a difference things like this
can make.:ok:
Maggot

SirFlyAlot
25th Jun 2014, 17:29
Today at 10z the Ryanair 42PB was lost from all comms over France for at least 20 minutes. Finally french ATC transmitted in the blind "You are being intercepted by military aircraft".

Anyone heard what happend?

LookingForAJob
25th Jun 2014, 17:48
I thought France was closed for most of this week!

Anyway, if the controllers won't speak to the aeroplanes we shouldn't too surprised if some of them won't talk back.

captplaystation
25th Jun 2014, 17:50
Normal day in French airspace. I guess one day the controllers will learn their DOC for the frequency they are working & manage to hand people over in due time, perhaps related in some way to the industrial action ? Surprised that they couldn't raise them on 121.5 prior to a scramble though. . . was there another engineer on board perchance :rolleyes:

Millionmileshigh
25th Jun 2014, 19:27
Lots of pax already using them :)

Stevek
25th Jun 2014, 22:36
App available somewhere?

mikkie4
25th Jun 2014, 23:07
FROGS CALL OF STRIKE AS OF 00.00 26/6

Millionmileshigh
26th Jun 2014, 12:38
No app, just getting the normal boarding pass on their phone screens, they're accepted all the way :)

Stevek
26th Jun 2014, 12:43
Reckon you'd have trouble getting through self service entry to security at DUB.

billyg
26th Jun 2014, 14:25
Strongest rumours yet about an imminent announcement of a Glasgow base beginning W14

gopaisleygo
26th Jun 2014, 14:41
Strongest rumours yet??? Explain

CabinCrewe
26th Jun 2014, 15:15
There have been multiple rumours. Now a friend of a friend is spilling the beans by all accounts. Was inevitable and spells the death knell for PIK as a operating pax airport

Fly Through
26th Jun 2014, 17:12
:zzz: same old, same old.

gopaisleygo
26th Jun 2014, 19:48
Well billyg is saying nothing concrete so the usual wiff of b s! Why say anything without a shred of foundation!

billyg
26th Jun 2014, 23:36
So that some folk can spend their first 7 posts throwing their hands up in mock/shock horror at any rumour that doesn't fit their own agenda ?

FRatSTN
28th Jun 2014, 14:39
Looks as if Ryanair is going through a run of bad luck:

Ryanair planes damaged in collision at Stansted Airport | Uttlesford village headlines (http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/News/Uttlesford/Ryanair-plane-damaged-in-collision-at-Stansted-Airport-20140628122411.htm)

VickersVicount
28th Jun 2014, 16:07
what is this "agenda" you speak of in our apparent "new" poster billy ?

sam dilly
5th Jul 2014, 19:14
Ryanair using a Titan 757 this weekend to cover 737 shortage.
Wow, I bet the passengers loved that.

Facelookbovvered
6th Jul 2014, 05:40
It won't be a problem for Titan, their cabin crew have a voice box similar to what Cher used, so just switch it to 'Eastern European mode' and away you go

billyg
6th Jul 2014, 09:27
Strongest rumours yet??? Explain

:D There are none so blind as those who will not see !

Facelookbovvered
6th Jul 2014, 14:16
Gather a Santiago flight bound for the Canaries diverted into Oporto after some huge guy drank a bottle of Vodka and proceeded to attack the crew with a pen

Planespeaking
6th Jul 2014, 14:41
The writings on the wall for Ryanair!:

wheelbarrow
7th Jul 2014, 06:27

Far from it! Hope they throw the book at that fool for attacking crew.
You got a link for that rumour Facelook bothered

Joe Curry
7th Jul 2014, 11:30
There are none so blind as those who will not see

Applicable especially to the wearers of GLAsses...

ScotsSLF
7th Jul 2014, 12:13
Flew FR on BCN - BHX recently. Very civilised and quite a few corporate pax. Decent prices still. Changed days indeed. Well done FR

davidjohnson6
7th Jul 2014, 18:37
As far as I know, Rodez used to have year-round service from Stansted, even if it was just 1 or 2 days per week. It looks as if Ryanair are suspending all winter flights at Rodez (all routes, not just STN) from early Nov 14 to Mar 15. Beyond March 2015, nothing is on sale yet with Ryanair.
Of course somewhere like Rodez in a very rural area is unlikely to see much inbound demand in winter. Besides Ryanair, the only route at Rodez is a PSO route to Paris. Is this perhaps a precursor to Rodez being dropped completely from Ryanair's network ? Fares on STN to RDZ from late August do not suggest great demand outside high summer...

racedo
7th Jul 2014, 19:58

I find making light of airline crew being attacked on a flight pretty shabby.

Aluminium shuffler
7th Jul 2014, 20:05
So do I, but I don't think it was meant in any nasty way.

OntimeexceptACARS
7th Jul 2014, 20:08
There are none so blind as those who will not see
Applicable especially to the wearers of GLAsses...

Joe can you explain this please? Don't think your well known hatred of any things Glasgow is relevant here.

j636
8th Jul 2014, 00:10
As far as I know, Rodez used to have year-round service from Stansted, even if it was just 1 or 2 days per week. It looks as if Ryanair are suspending all winter flights at Rodez (all routes, not just STN) from early Nov 14 to Mar 15. Beyond March 2015, nothing is on sale yet with Ryanair.
Of course somewhere like Rodez in a very rural area is unlikely to see much inbound demand in winter. Besides Ryanair, the only route at Rodez is a PSO route to Paris. Is this perhaps a precursor to Rodez being dropped completely from Ryanair's network ? Fares on STN to RDZ from late August do not suggest great demand outside high summer...

They have being there 11 years, has STN ever being seasonal over this period. It was year round last year for sure but not sure before this?

EI-DAC
9th Jul 2014, 09:12
Press release tomorrow @TRN airport.

anna_list
9th Jul 2014, 19:57
Hi,

Sorry for the slow response. Stansted - Rodez has operated since May 2003. Loads have never been that brilliant, in fact it is usually in the bottom 20 of Ryanair's Stansted routes ranked by load factor (note the usual caveat about loads and yields).

Demand has always been highly seasonal. The route didn't operate in the winters of 07/08, 08/09 and 13/14. Cynics might suggest that there could be a connection between the provision of a winter service and the availability of some form of marketing support arrangement.

Note that Ryanair also flies seasonal routes from Rodez to Dublin and Charleroi. There was also a Porto route from 2010 to 2012.

davidjohnson6
9th Jul 2014, 23:27
anna - many thanks for your post. Do you happen to know which other airports in FR's system, either just from the Stansted or the UK generally are also less-than-brilliant performers in terms of load factor ? I mention Stansted and the UK simply because the raw data is published by the CAA and avoids any suspicion that commercially sensitive info is being leaked illicitly.

I know I can go through the CAA stats and work it out myself manually, but the idea of putting this together for several different months in the year is somewhat daunting !

anna_list
10th Jul 2014, 07:49
Hi DJ,

Sure. This list is compiled from public sources (CAA). I've picked the UK routes with less than 60% average flown load factor for 2013 or the first 5 months of 2014. Note that a route with less than brilliant loads isn't necessarily unprofitable:

Bournemouth - Chania (new route - still bedding in)
Bristol - Knock
Edinburgh - Billund, Torp (both dropped) and Rygge [a lot of the UK-Norway routes have relatively low loads, but I suspect higher than average yields]
East Midlands - Knock and Cork (the latter averaging around 40% since launch)
Liverpool - Torp and Shannon
Manchester - Tours (dropped)
Prestwick - Dublin and Derry
Stansted - Torp, Rygge, Haugesund (see above), Dortmund, Niederrhein, Maastricht (dropped), Dole (dropped), Brive (new route)

EI-DAC
10th Jul 2014, 11:50
New route EIN-TRN, effective W14/15.

Millionmileshigh
10th Jul 2014, 12:21
Is that what the press release was atTRN?

Jorik
10th Jul 2014, 13:40
Besides the new EIN-TRN route, Ryanair will also start EIN-TFS from Oct 14

jferreira20
14th Jul 2014, 18:23
Porto-Hamburg and Porto-Berlin

Ryanair lança voos de Berlim e Hamburgo para o Porto no inverno 2014-2015 | Low Cost Portugal (http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/novas-rotas/ryanair-lanca-voos-de-berlim-e-hamburgo-para-o-porto-no-inverno-2014-2015/2014/07/#axzz37T5ACYUl)

Lisbon-Hamburg

http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/aeroportos/lisboa/ryanair-lanca-voos-lisboa-hamburgo-no-inverno-2014-2015/2014/07/#axzz37T5ACYUl

j636
14th Jul 2014, 18:36
Preparing for EZY's base at Porto, both routes to Hamburg and Berlin are probably high on the list.

ericlday
18th Jul 2014, 10:53
Reply received from Ryanair

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Ryanair.

Some routes are seasonal. Please note that the last flight from Tenerife (South) to Luton is on the 3rd of November this year.

eu01
22nd Jul 2014, 15:48
Ryanair will probably submit an expression of interest in troubled Cyprus Airways being up for sale.
The Cypriot government in mid-July invited non-binding expressions of interest in its shares or assets in Cyprus Airways, the state-controlled airline which has posted heavy losses for years.
The deadline for submissions is July 23, and requires a non-binding expression of interest to consider a potential binding offer.
“We probably will make some expression of interest in Cyprus Airways,” O’Leary told reporters in Nicosia in response to a question. “…We want to see if we could help the government come up with some rescue package even though it might be too late.”
More on the subject in Cyprus Mail (http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/07/22/ryanair-boss-says-company-may-show-interest-in-cyprus-airways/).

EI-A330-300
23rd Jul 2014, 18:06
Ryanair told to pay back 9.6 million in illegal state aid in France. Needless to say its being appealed.

Ryanair ordered to repay French airports' aid - RTÉ News (http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014/0723/632574-ryanair-france-aid/)

anna_list
28th Jul 2014, 06:51
http://corporate.ryanair.com/docs/corp/investor/2015/q1_2015_doc.pdf

The shocking discovery that it pays to be nicer to people?

Profit up from €78m to €197m, mainly due to Easter falling in Q1 this year
Load factor up from 82% to 86%
Summer 2015 schedule to be released earlier mid Sept)
Fares to rise 6% in H1, but to fall 6-8% in H2
Full year guidance raised to €620m to €650m

Millionmileshigh
2nd Aug 2014, 10:16
Man-psa operating 16th sept, just the once or the start of a new route?

irish lad
12th Aug 2014, 22:46
Just notice Dublin and Shannon are showing on the destinations list from Cardiff. Don't see any flights available tho
Just an error or possible new routes?

heading 125
12th Aug 2014, 22:53
Rugby flights in March I think. They are doing Tenerife this winter weekly from Cardiff though. First ryanairs from Cardiff for several years.

irish lad
13th Aug 2014, 10:51
Oh yes, just rugby flights. Tought MOL was about too target EIR again

pigplatx
13th Aug 2014, 15:42
I cant believe no one has reported the tailstrike by FR2369 29TH JULY on arrival Stansted substantial believe to be EI-EFB

racedo
13th Aug 2014, 20:37
I cant believe no one has reported the tailstrike by FR2369 29TH JULY on arrival Stansted substantial believe to be EI-EFB

Its a good job we have such a prolific poster as yourself coming on and reminding us of a Tail strike by one specific airline.

The Aviation Herald (http://www.avherald.com/h?search_term=tail+strike&opt=0&dosearch=1&search.x=0&search.y=0)

Mind you I only counted 37 reported Tail strikes going back to March 2013 so suggest there is probably only same again going back to August 2011.

Looking forward to reading your insight on all of these as well.:rolleyes: