PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

Seljuk22
7th Jan 2015, 16:47
He is interesting in all ! airports except FRA.

boyzinblue
8th Jan 2015, 05:14
There was talk about Munich and Hanover. But what other 6 major airports are left which FR do not currently serve? Düsseldorf, Erfurt, Dresden, Kassel, Saarbrücken, Lübeck (hardly as they are now have started in Hamburg), or Rostock?

Seljuk22
8th Jan 2015, 18:43
Airports which are currently not served by FR in Germany and my opinion where FR could/want go:
FRA, MUC, DUS, TXL, HAJ, DRS, PAD, FDH, SCN, LBC, ZQW, ERF, GWT, RLG, AOC, KSF

AerRyan
8th Jan 2015, 18:46
I cannot see Ryanair going to Tegel, Schonefeld is perfectly sufficient and even Aer Lingus doesnt fly to txl.

racedo
8th Jan 2015, 21:09
I cannot see Ryanair going to Tegel, Schonefeld is perfectly sufficient and even Aer Lingus doesnt fly to txl.

What Aer Lingus do in Germany has zero relevance to what Ryanair will do.

AerRyan
10th Jan 2015, 00:16
If you choose to ignore my point then do. Anyone with common sense should of been able to understand it.

But anyways, To clairify :
If Schonefeld aiport is central enough for Aer Lingus, its central enough for Ryanair.

davidjohnson6
10th Jan 2015, 01:06
Seljuk - I think it is extremely unlikely that Ryanair will be doing anything at ZQW airport, if only because the airport made many of the staff redundant at the end of 2014 after the airport went bankrupt.
Places like DUS and MUC are very different to PAD, KSF or ERF. Despite the public statements about moving FR away from middle-of-nowehere airports to big city airports, the airline's actions don't always follow this idea (e.g. new base in the Azores suggests FR remains driven in part by opportunism and not entirely long term strategy), so I'm hesitant to say what type of German airports will pick up FR service.

Waldo1
10th Jan 2015, 01:39
Ryanair purchase of cy....discuss....

paully
10th Jan 2015, 08:12
Opportunism???

Seljuk22
10th Jan 2015, 09:01
Don't know what they are planning in Germany. But if they really want to grow to 20% market share they will have to do domestic flights. From my point of view it doesn't make sence to go to SXF.
MUC-DUS; MUC-TXL; DUS-TXL; CGN-TXL; HAM-MUC; MUC-CGN are the main ones and FR should go for them to compete with LH (operated by 4U) and AB.
To do so they need at first slots at MUC, DUS and TXL which might be difficult.

j636
12th Jan 2015, 22:53
Tweeted:
@Kenny_Jacobs: We announce something special in Dublin tomorrow. Bring the candles but no presents required. Then onto Manchester and Amsterdam

Assure they enter AMS this year so?

AerRyan
12th Jan 2015, 23:12
Im sure Ryanair will announce SNN-AMS to compete with ORK-AMS with Aer Lingus and will announce DUB-AMS. Aer Lingus will be up with some stiff competition then!

davidjohnson6
13th Jan 2015, 17:19
For those who haven't already seen the news, Swedavia have decided to close Gothenburg Saeve airport permanently effective immediately to heavy traffic - e.g. anything like a 737 or larger. This replaces an existing suspension that was expected to end later this month.

Will FR stay at Landvetter long term, abandon GOT entirely or do something different ?
Well informed opinions welcome...

toledoashley
13th Jan 2015, 18:20
Given the current ethos, I think staying put is more than likely to happen.

racedo
14th Jan 2015, 20:38
FR talking of flying to Paris Orly airport, would be an interesting development if only in watching the slot allocation process :E

EI-BUD
14th Jan 2015, 21:20
Orly!!!
Welcome to Dublin Transavia - your planned arrival has been noted!!

Shed-on-a-Pole
14th Jan 2015, 21:51
Is there a Ryanair ITK on here who can resolve the following conundrum for us?

The 'Manchester Evening News' has just published an interview with Ryanair's marketing guru, Kenny Jacobs. However, the numbers quoted in the article don't make sense. Mr Jacobs tells the MEN that Ryanair will base two additional aircraft at MAN for Summer 2015. This would imply last year's fleet total (seven) plus two units [7+2=9]. However, the article then goes on to say that the MAN-based fleet will be 7 units this summer.

One of those two statements must be wrong. Either there will be two more aircraft (=9) or there will be 7 based aircraft (= ZERO additional aircraft).

Is anybody here in a position to clarify the correct version for us? Thanks in advance.

Millionmileshigh
14th Jan 2015, 22:33
If you go by the ryanair website at the moment it's 8 on some days, with some gaps :) the rumour mill says 8

Jorik
15th Jan 2015, 00:00
Kenny Jacobs has given an update on Ryanair's plan for the Dutch market.
A short summary:

- Ryanair has a 4% marketshare in the Netherlands, they want to significantly increase that

- Jacobs: "One scenario could be that we start flying business routes from Schiphol and leisure routes from Lelystad (Lelystad will not open for 737s before 2018). Examples given by Jacobs for routes from AMS: Dublin, London and Eastern Europe.

- MOL yesterday: "Schiphol is one of the airports that we're in talks with, but we can't say that we've made much progress"

- Jacobs: Schiphol base not before 2016. Negotiations are (of course) about the fees and the 25 min turnaround. FR wants to use Schiphol's low cost H/M pier. Slots for those gates are very limited with Easyjet's base starting in a few months.

- Jacobs: Eindhoven Airport will stay very important for us and wil get a third based 737 this summer. Destinations from EIN up to 36 this summer with 'new' routes to LIS, MAN, MAD, TFS en TRN (flown already but first time summer routes). Route to Knock will be cancelled. Increased freq. on EIN-STN, EIN-KRK and EIN-WMI.

EI-A330-300
15th Jan 2015, 17:42
Oh dear FR have embarrassed themselves by using an Aer Lingus aircraft on their website promoting their business service. A fleet of over 300 aircraft and they can't get their own picture!

A passenger alerted Aer Lingus!

https://twitter.com/AerLingus/status/555786318257848320

https://twitter.com/MrRossHallam/status/555770568474382336

FR could only manage this response!

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/555790013154471936

billyg
17th Jan 2015, 09:10
MOL due at GLA on Tuesday morning ! More city routes , or moving the PIK routes to where they'll make him more money ?

nef
17th Jan 2015, 10:31
If something is in the pipeline I'm not convinced it would involve moving anything particularly major from PIK, they need it to be open to keep leverage on GLA - Plus the S15 flights from PIK have been on sale a while now, if they were going to move them they would surely have announced that when they went on sale?

FR schedules can obviously chop and change, but the last time I looked at the FR GLA S15 schedule it looked like it needed another based aircraft on Wednesdays from June. One aircraft bases don't seem that common and perhaps don't give the best economies, so imo it's pretty likely they'd look to expand if the existing flights are doing well.

scodaman
17th Jan 2015, 10:44
Anyone know if Ryanair are running Derry to Faro *only* for July this summer?

For the last several years it has run from around May - October with good load factors but this year only July is available which seems odd.

Surely they would have their Summer 2015 schedule finalised by now or could they still be working it out?

AerRyan
18th Jan 2015, 11:54
Id imagine that all summer service are finalised.
Many cork services are only June and July this year too, so Derry will probably have an only July service.

CCFAIRPORT
19th Jan 2015, 12:23
Press conference the 21 of January at Paris-Orly Airport

link in french sorry

Transavia veut devenir N°1 à Orly? avant l'arrivée de Ryanair? (http://www.deplacementspros.com/Transavia-veut-devenir-N-1-a-Orly-avant-l-arrivee-de-Ryanair_a30944.html)

fivejuliet
19th Jan 2015, 12:40
MOL in Glasgow tomorrow so possible announcement there also

boyzinblue
20th Jan 2015, 09:47
Glasgow to London to go 4 daily and new route to Berlin announced

davidjohnson6
21st Jan 2015, 11:38
Press conference in Paris was a non event. FR won't start flying at Orly due to lack of slots but is interested in the idea of CDG in the future.

fivejuliet
21st Jan 2015, 12:13
They did however announce BVA-Thessaloniki, Wroclaw & Palermo today

HH6702
21st Jan 2015, 13:08
I'm sure Ryanair could make some money from the North East to European destinations

Berlin
Breman
Frankfurt hann
Lisbon
Warsaw etc

Just a few

pee
21st Jan 2015, 13:22
They did however announce BVA-Thessaloniki, Wroclaw & Palermo today
Wroclaw? The nearest flight BVA - WRO is scheduled to depart... today. What's new in that "announcement"?

FA10
21st Jan 2015, 13:47
...and Beauvais-Palermo had already been announced at the Palermo press conference around 17th December last...

fivejuliet
21st Jan 2015, 15:46
TRANSPORTS Ryanair ajoute 3 destinations au départ de Beauvais - Région - Courrier picard (http://www.courrier-picard.fr/region/transports-ryanair-ajoute-3-destinations-au-depart-de-beauvais-ia0b0n505452)

davidjohnson6
21st Jan 2015, 17:58
Just to complete the trio, not only are today's announcements of Beauvais-Palermo and Beauvais-Wroclaw old news, but Beauvais-Thessaloniki is also old news as well.

We seem to have a press conference at Paris-Orly airport in which Ryanair says it won't be starting any routes (or making any changes at all) at Orly and will not be setting up a base in France but would like to tell everyone about 3 routes at a different airport which were in fact announced long ago. Ryanair having stated very clearly that it would not consider flying from Paris-CDG would like everyone to know it's an interesting idea (often a corporate uphemism in english for 'that is a crazy idea').

So what on earth was the point of the press conference ? We now have someone senior contradicting recently stated corporate plans. Furthermore, after plenty of talk about flying from Amsterdam, Munich and Paris-Orly, all of which seem unlikely to happen in the near future, one might wonder if the new strategy of flying from major airports is actually not going to work. Is Ryanair perhaps realising that the new strategy of using airports near where people want to go is going to be more difficult to implement profitably than MOL had promised shareholders and the press ?

Cyrano
21st Jan 2015, 20:43
A cynic might surmise that the Paris press conference was perhaps called by Ryanair in the hope that a commercial negotiation with Aéroports de Paris would turn out favourably in time to make a big announcement (and as a way to put some pressure on AdP to make concessions), but then AdP unexpectedly didn't play ball, and rather than lose face by cancelling the press conference entirely, Ryanair reheated some well-past-its-sell-by-date BVA route news as a flimsy pretext.

Complete conjecture on my part, of course, but why else hold a press conference with no news?

EI-BUD
22nd Jan 2015, 06:21
I think it must be near tantilising that Transavia France is entering the Dublin Paris market. Yes it is only a daily rotation, but past events have shown us that even a daily rotation into the Irish market result in carnage.

This to my mind was about a Gatwick type operation for Ryanair, a few important routes ex Orly, a high cost airport but given significant market size and ability to collect above average fares making it attractive. I suspect it was on the cards but the deal couldn't be sealed.

Take note easyJet, time to reconsider, CDG, GVA and SEN to Dublin, you wont have a response from Ryanair on those specific routes... A little off topic I suspect.

EI-BUD

j636
22nd Jan 2015, 16:05
A cynic might surmise that the Paris press conference was perhaps called by Ryanair in the hope that a commercial negotiation with Aéroports de Paris would turn out favourably in time to make a big announcement (and as a way to put some pressure on AdP to make concessions), but then AdP unexpectedly didn't play ball, and rather than lose face by cancelling the press conference entirely, Ryanair reheated some well-past-its-sell-by-date BVA route news as a flimsy pretext.

Complete conjecture on my part, of course, but why else hold a press conference with no news?

Unlikely as ORY or CDG don't need FR but FR need them and those airports would have no real reason to offer FR discounts or even enter talks. Take it or leave it.

GLAinsider
28th Jan 2015, 15:48
There are a couple of comments in other forums stating that FR have "been in talks" this year with BHD and BFS. Anyone here able to confirm this?

Millionmileshigh
28th Jan 2015, 16:15
BHD won't happen without a runway extension

EI-BUD
28th Jan 2015, 20:12
MOL is on the record as having said the following, this broadly what he said;

• Until BHD have runway extension , we won't go back, the price is right. The runway is restrictive and we can't serve Europe or longer routes profitably.

• BFS won't give a deal, they don't want to upset easyJet.

So unless BFS has changed it stance, nothing going to happen. Though has to be said if FR brought a sizeable operation to BFS , they could draw quite a few pax who might normally use DUB. Ie those who live equidistant to Dublin airport, eg from Louth, Monaghan, Fermanagh, Donegal, Leitrim etc...

Not an easy decision for BFS...

GLAinsider
28th Jan 2015, 20:18
Lots of people make the journey from Belfast to DUB. I do it regularly as the routes simply aren't available from BFS/BHD. If the fare difference was big enough I would also make the journey to save money. It is only £8 and two hours on the coach from Belfast city centre to DUB.

EI-BUD
28th Jan 2015, 23:01
GLAinsider, yes they do, data issued suggests 500k NI originating pax do so every year. My point is FR could influence a change to some extent. When they did STN BHD carrying over 30k pax, it impacted STN DUB, and was attributed to BHD operation ... Then again they had £1 one way all in flights !

pee
29th Jan 2015, 10:03
Ryanair will add several new destinations from/to CPH this year. Already known are BGY, WMI and STN, a few announced today are MAD, NYO, Rome, Brussels.

Seljuk22
3rd Feb 2015, 17:36
Flights from CPH on sale - 4 based aircraft serving (just) 7 destinations but FR is choosing CRL over BRU, CIA over FCO.

A new German base will be announced soon. This should be the first step to achieve the market share of 15-20% in Germany anytime soon. Like I said before, they have to go domestic if they want a market share of 20% here in Germany.

j636
3rd Feb 2015, 18:14
It's difficult to get slots at BRU however I expect if Vueling were to fly CPH FR would have no problem making it happen! I expect it's the same for FCO combined with high charges at both.

j636
3rd Feb 2015, 22:04
Some humor from FR!

Ryanair staff are caught creating a lewd picture in snow at Dublin Airport | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2937631/They-ve-clearly-forgotten-draw-wings-Ryanair-s-cheeky-response-staff-caught-creating-lewd-picture-snow-Dublin-Airport.html)

Jorik
5th Feb 2015, 20:56
NEW route Bremen - Prague
Starting May 2, 3x weekly

http://www.airport-bremen.de/erlebnis-flughafen/aktuelles/aktuelles/detailansicht/news/ryanair-startet-neue-bremen-prag-strecke/

frfly
7th Feb 2015, 06:06
Ryanair have a slightly revised livery. The font on the logo has slightly changed (not in bold anymore) and the harp/angel has changed angle. EI-DPT was spotted with it on Thursday. Very subtle change but more modern.

Millionmileshigh
7th Feb 2015, 13:01
Any pictures?

Seljuk22
7th Feb 2015, 18:33
Is this the 1st B738 from the order of 175 B738 which was placed March 2013?

Millionmileshigh
7th Feb 2015, 19:25
No, DPT is one of the older ones, the new deliveries started at FEE and kept going alphabetically

frfly
7th Feb 2015, 20:56
Airliners (http://m.airliners.net/photo/detail/id/2586983)

EI-DLN aswell

Skipness One Echo
8th Feb 2015, 10:11
Just looks like a badly done re-spray tbh. Keep an eye on the new arrivals from Boeing to be sure.

txl
10th Feb 2015, 14:19
A Ryanair flight from Krakow to Shannon had to divert to Berlin SXF last night after false bomb threats. According to news reports, a drunk passenger repeatedly made bomb threats to the crew. The flight made an unscheduled stop at SXF at 11:30 PM, where the plane was evacuated and checked. No explosives were found. At around 5:45 AM, the flight continued minus one passenger. The man has been held and is going to be charged.

One arrest after mid-air bomb scare on Ryanair plane · TheJournal.ie (http://www.thejournal.ie/bomb-scare-shannon-ryanair-1929923-Feb2015/)

EI-A330-300
12th Feb 2015, 12:09
FR lost appeal over EI and are now taking it to supreme court on human rights grounds!

PAXboy
12th Feb 2015, 13:39
This signals a change in FR attitude to someone trying to get back home.
Pensioner travels from Lanzarote to Liverpool on a photocopied bus pass - Liverpool Echo (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/pensioner-travels-lanzarote-liverpool-photocopied-8618513)

The best bit is the quote from the pax:
The pensioner thinks the Ryanair staff made a good decision in allowing him on the flight. He told the ECHO: “I was just glad to get back. I know there’s rules people have to stick to but I think rules in life are just guidelines, they are not black and white.” [my emphasis]
:hmm:

Now, if I was to suggest that someone from Liverpool thought that rules were not rules? I'd be in trouble. :rolleyes:

eu01
12th Feb 2015, 16:41
The Danish Confederation of Trade Unions, LO, announced last week that it has filed a case in the Danish Labour Court to determine whether Ryanair should operate from its new Copenhagen base under Irish or Danish rules. LO threatens to bar members of unions from doing work for Ryanair.

The blockade could force Ryanair to just use CPH as a destination, brining in flights and manpower from other European bases. "We are ready to drop Copenhagen as a base. That would mean a loss of good jobs in Copenhagen but that is the unions’ fault. We will still fly in and out of Copenhagen though" - the carrier´s personnel director Eddie Wilson announced today.

(based upon the news from thelocal.dk (http://www.thelocal.dk/20150212/ryanair-threatens-to-drop-copenhagen-base))

j636
12th Feb 2015, 16:45
So a set up like MRS is on the cards...

dwlpl
12th Feb 2015, 16:48
Strange that a southerner, paxboy, weirdly chops off quoting at the very place where it went onto say

Ryanair said: “Ryanair has a duty of care to repatriate nationals on their return journey, and if a passport is lost or stolen, we ask that an alternative, or a copy of, photo ID is provided, in order to verify the passport details of the customer provided at the time of check-in.”

and then

A Home Office spokesperson, said: “A passenger was questioned at Liverpool John Lennon Airport after arriving on a flight from Lanzarote without a passport.

“Border Force officers carried out identity checks and established that he was a British national who previously held a valid passport. The passenger was allowed to proceed after completing paperwork to report his lost passport.

“It is vitally important that airlines ensure they know who is on their planes and carry out proper document checks on passengers. We are investigating the circumstances of this incident with the airline involved.”

And nobody is asking questions of the Spanish forces too.

racedo
12th Feb 2015, 17:39
“Border Force officers carried out identity checks and established that he was a British national who previously held a valid passport. The passenger was allowed to proceed after completing paperwork to report his lost passport.

“It is vitally important that airlines ensure they know who is on their planes and carry out proper document checks on passengers. We are investigating the circumstances of this incident with the airline involved.”

Been on a flight many years ago with some late teen / early twenties Sailing types who started off on South Coast of England crewing with some friends, picked up a good wind and ran with it. Landed in Spain without passports or anything, owners stayed with both and kids got to Madrid and parents booked their flights back and Immigration (Pre BA) got called by Airline now no longer in existence.
Immigration asked to speak to each individually and phone handed back to airline staff with a comment "yup seem like some of ours, send them on and ask for Officer X at X Airport". Airline staff member then got a fax indicating that X,Y,Z were believed to be UK nationals and allowed to board said flight to UK. Parents required to be at airport with ID and Passports but that was it, sat next to 2 on way home and they shocked they actually getting home and that people wanted to help them rather than jail them.

AerRyan
15th Feb 2015, 13:41
The Dublin 2015/2016 winter schedule has been announced, when shall we expect more to be announced?

boyzinblue
18th Feb 2015, 15:43
New Route: Berlin to Athens

Seljuk22
18th Feb 2015, 17:32
The Merkel - Tsiprias shuttle, Brussels - Athens next? :mad:

TCX69
19th Feb 2015, 13:46
This pic clearly shows the difference/inconsistency in the livery. In the titles and tail logo. :confused:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh498/TCX69K/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4mvuyi1z.jpg

Millionmileshigh
19th Feb 2015, 15:04
I always thought the tail looked wonky, looks better now, prefer older font though, even though there's not much difference

pee
20th Feb 2015, 08:42
As some Danish sources say, Ryanair's marketing manager will go on a tour next week aiming to start a new kind of relations with Danish companies. FR want to establish business agreements with largest companies active in Denmark and Scandinavia offering them discounts and attractive deals.
Quite a novelty, certainly it's a different approach of Ryanair to the business travel.

roulishollandais
20th Feb 2015, 09:53
New Route: Berlin to AthensThat may be a €joke

Hangar6
20th Feb 2015, 17:29
Following ref Nigel Owens on Twitter , this morning he drives 2 hours to BRS airport to fly to Dub with FR to ref tonight's match, to be fair his fault but he forgets his passport , a special FR rule, no way is he allowed to board and heads home to retrieve passport and tweets his frustration, 7am this morning EI pick up
The tweet and score a try plus a conversion and gift him a tkt ex CWL and of course EI do not ask for a passport just FR and neither UK or Ireland ask for passports for cross channel pax,

EI were the toast of the town, early risers too ! Why do FR invent barriers to air tvl? Still a pleasant positive or story on a quiet day

ayroplain
20th Feb 2015, 18:22
EI were the toast of the town, early risers too ! Why do FR invent barriers to air tvl?
While I agree with you about the passport requirement you omitted to mention that the same Nigel had a spat with EI a few months ago over a long delay at BRS and that's why he elected to travel with FR this time :).

Top rugby ref Nigel Owens finds himself centre of twitter attention over flight delay - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/sport/leftfield/top-rugby-ref-nigel-owens-finds-himself-centre-of-twitter-attention-over-flight-delay-30762865.html)

Hangar6
20th Feb 2015, 18:30
love it my money was on Racedo./ducksie
He really went ape in the office over this classic !

Sober Lark
20th Feb 2015, 20:56
Aer Lingus offered him one of their props? Are they not suffering from IAG concussion at the moment?

The Dublin 2015/2016 winter schedule has been announced

And when will summer MRS 2015 be uploaded?

racedo
20th Feb 2015, 23:53
Referring to Nigel Owens as a "top" referee is stretching credibility a lot.

T:mad:r is a more appropriate word.

Millionmileshigh
4th Mar 2015, 19:23
So the new cabin has been announced... It's an improvement, but not a huge one...

First Look: Ryanair's new aircraft interiors - Independent.ie (http://m.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/first-look-ryanairs-new-aircraft-interiors-31039948.html)

FRatSTN
5th Mar 2015, 08:52
Looks like a new base at Berlin-Schonefeld (SXF) from the winter season...

FR4732 dep. SXF 06:30, arr. BGY 08:15
FR4731 dep. BGY 08:40, arr. SXF 10:25

FR4734 dep. SXF 19:55, arr. BGY 21:40
FR4733 dep. BGY 22:05, arr. SXF 23:50

Still no times showing for STN yet but would assume that would change to an SXF aircraft, so probably 2 aircraft?

Khuitlio
5th Mar 2015, 10:17
Just announced base no. 73 will be Berlin. 5 based aircraft, 16 new routes

CCFAIRPORT
5th Mar 2015, 10:21
NEW BASE (N°73) BERLIN-SCHÖNEFELD

5 BASED A/C

16 NEW ROUTES

Ryanair To Treble Berlin Operation With New Base (No 73)

05 Mar 2015

5 BASED AIRCRAFT, $500M INVESTMENT
16 NEW ROUTES (22 IN TOTAL) 2.6M CUSTOMERS P.A.
Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (5 Mar) announced it will open a new base at Berlin (No. 73), from October with 5 based aircraft, an investment of $500m dollars, and launched 16 new routes (22 in total) as part of its Berlin Winter 2015 schedule, which will grow Ryanair’s Berlin traffic to 2.6m customers p.a., and support 2,600* “on-site” jobs.
From winter 2015, Ryanair will grow in Berlin as follows:

New base from 27th October
5 based aircraft: $500m investment
16 new routes: Alicante, Athens, Barcelona, Bari, Bologna, Bratislava, Brussels, Glasgow, Madrid, Malaga, Palermo, Palma, Riga, Rome C, Venice & Valencia
22 routes in total
191 weekly flights
Extra flights to/from Dublin (9 x weekly), London Stansted (4 x daily) & Milan (2 x daily)
2.6m customers p.a.
2,600 “on site” jobs

Ryanair’s new Berlin routes go on sale on the Ryanair.com (http://Ryanair.com) website tomorrow (Friday). Ryanair celebrated the launch of its new Berlin base, as well as its 30th birthday, by releasing 100,000 seats for sale across its European network, at prices from €19.99 for travel in March and April, which must be booked by Monday (9 Mar).
In Berlin, Ryanair’s Chief Marketing Officer Kenny Jacobs said:
“Ryanair is pleased to announce a new Berlin base from October, our 73rd in total, with 5 based aircraft, an investment of $500m, with 16 new routes and 22 routes in total as part of our Berlin winter 2015 schedule, which will deliver 2.6m annual customers and support 2,600 local jobs.
German consumers and visitors already choose Ryanair for our low fares, industry leading customer service and great route choice. Now they can also book 22 Berlin routes on our improved website and great new app, carry a free small 2nd carry-on bag, enjoy allocated seats, avail of our new Family Extra and Business Plus services, and use their personal electronic devices at all stages of their flight, as Ryanair continues to deliver so much more than just the lowest fares.
Germany is a significant growth market for Ryanair and as we announce our 6th German base at Berlin, we will continue to connect key German cities with Europe’s major centres of business. Indeed, we are launching new Berlin routes to Athens, Barcelona, Brussels, Glasgow, Madrid and Rome, as well increasing flights to and from Dublin, London and Milan, making Ryanair the ideal choice for both business and leisure customers.
To celebrate our new Berlin base, as well as our 30th birthday, we are releasing 100,000 seats on sale from €19.99 for travel in March and April. Since these amazing low prices will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com (http://www.ryanair.com) and avoid missing out.”

- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/150305-ryanair-to-treble-berlin-operation-with-new-base-no-73/?market=en#sthash.GPimcxfL.dpuf)
Alicante 3 pw
Athens 1 daily
Barcelona 1 daily
Bari 3 pw
Bologna 1 daily
Brussels 3 daily
Bratislava 1 daily
Rome CIA 2 daily
Glasgow 4 pw
Madrid 2 daily
Malaga 2 pw
Palma 3 pw
Palermo 2pw
Riga 1 daily
Valencia 3 pw
Venice TSF 3 pw

Increased routes

London STN 2 to 4 daily
Milan BGY 1 to 2 daily
Dublin 7 to 9 pw

Sober Lark
5th Mar 2015, 11:16
So the new cabin has been announced... It's an improvement, but not a huge one

I agree. It is less claustrophobic looking but those stripes look like they could trigger epilepsy or migraine.

Seljuk22
5th Mar 2015, 18:24
FR announced at ITB at Berlin that they will launch domestic flights in Germany soon - rumours: Berlin-Munich and Berlin-Cologne/Dusseldorf. Some years ago FR offered SXF-NRN, SXF-HHN and BRE-SXF.

Main domestic routes in Germany are HAM-MUC; TXL-MUC, HAM-FRA, TXL-FRA, TXL-DUS, TXL-CGN, HAM-STR, TXL-STR, DUS-MUC, CGN-MUC. There is quite a high competion with high speed trains.

Hanover would be a perfect base for FR as well. No real competition from 4U, no EZY, DY or W6 and just a few VY flights. With just a few based aircrafts they could be number one airline of this airport.

Stuttgart and Nuremberg would also be good options to compete directly vs 4U and AB to gain market share.

As of today I do not think FR will open bases at HAM, DUS, FRA and MUC. Smaller airports in Germany are always an option for bases but there is no competition with 4U, EZY, VY or DY and less business traveller.

eu01
8th Mar 2015, 15:04
True or false? Rumours suggest that over the past week, during the ongoing strike of Norwegian Air Shuttle, its CEO Bjørn Kjos and Ryanair's O'Leary have talked a number of times. According to some sources, both mergers and acquisitions have been discussed.

Wouldn't a merger between the two companies work pretty well? O'Leary wants more aircraft, not many routes overlap, long distance routes are planned...

Schorschi
10th Mar 2015, 10:46
2 new a/c for Cologne.
7 new routes

New:
SXF 4xdaily
CPH daily
LPA 1xweekly
BGY 2xdaily
OPO 4xweekly
VLC 3xweekly
WMI daily

Increased:
STN from 14pw to 17pw
PMI from 3pw to 4 pw
CIA from 1 to 2xdaily
TFS from 2pw to 3pw

pee
10th Mar 2015, 11:00
SXF 4xdaily.... That will increase competition not only with Air Berlin and Germanwings, but also with German Railways. The travel time by rail is slightly over 4 hours, it's so-so.

pee
10th Mar 2015, 14:07
"Thanks to an agreement that will be announced tomorrow, budget airline Ryanair will start operating flights to Castellón-Costa Azahar airfield", writes TheLocal.es (http://www.thelocal.es/20150310/ryanair-will-fly-to-ghost-airport-of-castelln). This ghost airport in the northern part of the Valencian Community, Spain, inaugurated in March 2011, has yet to receive a single visitor or see a single aircraft land on its 3,000 meters of virgin runway.

As TheLocal reports, "Michael O'Leary has come to the rescue and is expected to announce that flights will begin between Castellón and destinations in Britain, Germany and Sweden."

compton3bravo
10th Mar 2015, 17:18
Sorry Pee Castellon has been open for a few weeks now and has had commercial flights, If Ryanair do operate from Castellon I wonder if it will affect its Valenica base as the two cities are not that far away.

SealinkBF
10th Mar 2015, 18:05
Just been checking flights STN to Limoges for a pal, in June.
I booked this morning, but now weeks before and after 5 June shows as fully booked. Which seems really odd.

Stevek
10th Mar 2015, 18:10
They're updating their summer schedule. May be having an issue with the update as it's blocked booking flights during the summer for the last hour or so.

737aviator
10th Mar 2015, 18:14
In the last few weeks Reus has had flights to several destinations disappear from this summers schedule; could they be moving to Castellón?

insuindi
10th Mar 2015, 19:18
LH-Group responded quickly to Ryanair's intentions on CGN-SXF - before the Ryanair flights have even become bookable germanwings/Eurowings have today started to sell CGN-SXF and STR-SXF (3 daily on both routes) - an airport that germanwings last served in 2012 I believe. That is in addition to the existing flights to TXL from those cities, that will be maintained at existing frequencies.

Looks like the battle is on.

Seljuk22
10th Mar 2015, 19:31
germanwings:
up to 10 times a day CGN-TXL + 3 times a day CGN-SXF
up to 7 times a day STR-TXL + 3 times a day STR-SXF

airberlin offers 10 times a day TXL-CGN and 9 times a day TXL-STR.

EI-A330-300
12th Mar 2015, 01:58
LH-Group responded quickly to Ryanair's intentions on CGN-SXF - before the Ryanair flights have even become bookable germanwings/Eurowings have today started to sell CGN-SXF and STR-SXF (3 daily on both routes) - an airport that germanwings last served in 2012 I believe. That is in addition to the existing flights to TXL from those cities, that will be maintained at existing frequencies.

Looks like the battle is on.

FR now gone 5 daily

FRatSTN
12th Mar 2015, 23:48
FR have started loading their winter schedules but most of which are not yet actually on sale.

Looks like all of their bases in the UK will see growth to some extent next winter with maybe the exception of PIK (and BOH if you count that as is a summer only base.) Still waiting though for EMA and MAN. I wonder if this is maybe a sign of more significant expansion?

I know it's very early days but seems odd there's no flights to Tallinn and Vilnius with also only DUB and STN going to Kaunas at the moment (although STN is on a KUN based aircraft). Riga seems to be normal. Is there something going on with FR in Estonia and Lithuania, or just for whatever reason not uploaded yet?

AerRyan
14th Mar 2015, 01:46
When can we expect the next round of schedule launches and route announcements? Monday? Tuesday? If its Tuesday I hope its Ireland to fit in with St Patrick's day.

EI-A330-300
16th Mar 2015, 15:52
Board have approved T/A flights and could happen within 5 years. FR in talks about aircraft.

Dublin, London and Berlin in Europe while New York, Boston and Chicago in the US appear to be the starting cities.

Ryanair?s board approves transatlantic flights (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-s-board-approves-transatlantic-flights-1.2141529)

Make off they will do a hub operation, especially in Dublin and London.

AerRyan
16th Mar 2015, 19:51
http://news.investors.com/business/031615-743590-ryanair-transatlantic-flight-plans-cleared-for-takeoff.htm

According to this article, Ryanair, in fact already has 787 dreamliners! Is this article confusing Ryanair with Norweigen, thereby further confirming the terrible american journalism, or does Ryanair have a secret stash somewhere?

Buster the Bear
16th Mar 2015, 22:29
Maybe they are purchasing Norwegian Long Haul!

Private jet
16th Mar 2015, 23:56
Will they actually fly to New York e.g JFK, or somewhere outside of New York? Shannon perhaps :}

AerRyan
17th Mar 2015, 00:04
Like that "Come Fly With Me" tv show stunt.

They had a rip off of Ryanair called "Our Lady Air".

Cabin crew: "Dear Passengers, we will soon be landing at our destination."

Passenger: "But we've only been in the air an hour?"

Cabin Crew: "Oh see, to save money, we land at airports outside the main cities. We are now landing at Barcalona-Shannon airport."

Passenger: "But thats miles away from Barcelona!"

Cabin Crew: "Dont worry, you can purchase transfers at a low cost to bring you to Barcalona. It goes Shannon-Rosslare, Rosslare-Wales, all the way back across the UK to the channel tunnel, then onto france and finally from northern france all the way over to Barcalona!"

Seriously though, they will need to do it with the main airports because nobody's going to drive across a country with completly different laws, cultures and currencies to the European countries.

ceimanfhiadh
17th Mar 2015, 00:49
It's not entirely unrealistic to think that Norwegian's Long Haul operation might go tits up, in which case Ryanair could acquire the aircraft for a song?

That is assuming that the short haul arm of the company is a separate entity, which I'm not sure it is.

Cozy F
17th Mar 2015, 07:10
Well with consolidation and mergers still a major factor in Europe within network airlines why not also among the low costs? Maybe Norwegian into Ryanair is logical - maybe even Wizz into EZY, who knows?? German/Eurowings and Vueling are really only marketing brands of other groups.

Who's to say that the vision of 5 airlines across Europe won't happen????

AerRyan
17th Mar 2015, 11:09
Easy Jet with Ryanair would be one monster of an airline.

fireflybob
17th Mar 2015, 11:50
Easy Jet with Ryanair would be one monster of an airline.

Would such a merger be allowed by the Monopolies politburo of the EU?

RAT 5
17th Mar 2015, 14:35
Such a merger would never fly. The culture differences would make the N.Ireland troubles seem like a Morris dance festival.

Doors to Automatic
17th Mar 2015, 14:42
We might end up with just Ryanair! That is the day I stay in England for the rest of my life!!

Sober Lark
17th Mar 2015, 18:09
We might end up with just Ryanair! That is the day I stay in England for the rest of my life!!

Heavy fog in channel. Continent cut off.

Hotel Tango
17th Mar 2015, 19:08

Quite seriously I would for sure stop flying anywhere.

daz211
17th Mar 2015, 20:05
Each to their own,
But I for one like millions of others love Ryanair, I prefer to fly with Europes largest Airline which has the youngest fleet and an outstanding safety record with a brilliant on time record and a route map many other Airlines could only dream of, not to mention a very healthy balance sheet very friendly crew and family friendly flight times as well as an easy to use clear website. :ok:

AerRyan
17th Mar 2015, 20:08
Wow, you said it better than Michael O leary himself. I like Ryanair, but its annoying the way they keep putting in and pulling flights from airports.

daz211
17th Mar 2015, 20:42
It might be annoying but it's a business, if a route brings in money and the Airport don't push costs up the route will stay.

The only thing that annoys me is the way people run down a very good airline.

I recently flow LGW-LAS on a Virgin 744 that was so dirty and old it was probably older than me and had never had a cabin refit it was shocking
I wouldn't have battered an eyelid if someone had lit a cigarette next to me because it felt like I was in a time warp.

BA's 737 are very old and the crew are much ruder than anything I have ever experienced on a Ryanair flight.

To be honest yes Ryanair in the early days did fly to remote airfields and had a bad reputation for charging for extras but this have changed so much for the best and in my opinion Ryanair are a very respectable Airline and I love flying with them.

Shed-on-a-Pole
17th Mar 2015, 22:14
There is no problem with Ryanair provided that the customers align their expectations with the price they are being asked to pay. Yes, there are airlines which provide a grander passenger experience but that is reflected in the fare.

Yesterday I made a further four bookings with Ryanair. Brussels Charleroi to Warsaw Modlin, Warsaw Modlin - Wroclaw - Warsaw Modlin (day return), and Gdansk to Manchester. Total price paid £83.58 the lot for travel within two months from now. How can one complain with value like that? Taking into account a further three sectors with other carriers I have parted with the princely sum of £141.08. Always the high-roller! Seriously, though ... last year I paid a similar amount with another carrier for a MAN-IOM return hop at ten days notice to attend a funeral. And don't even mention an 'on the day' Manchester - Euston return rail fare.

Ryanair may not pamper you, but they have brought affordable international travel within the reach of millions. No complaints from me.

PAXboy
18th Mar 2015, 00:06
Even by FR's standards this is just asking for bad publicity ...

Organ transplant child barred from Ryanair flight for arriving late - Europe - World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/organ-transplant-child-barred-from-ryanair-flight-for-arriving-late-10114656.html)

AerRyan
18th Mar 2015, 00:13
I disagree. Ryanair has rules, they are pretty laid out in stone, if you dont follow these rules, you shouldn't be allowed fly. Its just the media trying to put a bad light over the company, anything for a story really.

Hotel Tango
18th Mar 2015, 00:21
They are all yours daz. Not for me, thank you. :)

Just for the record, I have never questioned their safety record and in fact have in the past said positive things about that on these forums when posters have. As for aircraft age, that doesn't bother me as it's irrelevant if the a/c has been properly maintained. Furthermore You will find that some of RYR's older B738s are almost 12 years old, which is still of course relatively young compared to the DC-3 I flew in last year :) But an aircraft can fly for 20 years at a rate of 2 cycles per day whilst another flies 10 years at 6 to 8 cycles per day. So, as I said, it's down to good maintenance and not age. The only reason I choose not to fly Ryanair is that I don't like their product and I am prepared to pay more for what I consider a better and more consumer friendly product. You like their product, that's fine. I don't knock people who fly with them, it's just that I won't. As you say, each to their own.

PAXboy
18th Mar 2015, 00:29
AerRyan. Sure, them's the rules but if FR want to show themselves to have changed tack? I agree with Hotel Tango (above) they are very fine at what they do. But, if they say they want to change their profile with customers?

AerRyan
18th Mar 2015, 00:34
For all we know, the passengers could have shown up at the gate when the doors were shut and all the passengers on board. Thats the great thing, detail is never mentioned of it undermines the severity of the supposed "crime".

Also, to add, Ryanair completely plays the airports outside Dublin in ireland. They smother the competition and leave once their gone.

Unixman
18th Mar 2015, 09:40
"Laws are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools." Solon the Lawgiver ....

MidlandDeltic
18th Mar 2015, 09:52
My reading that article is that it appears that they went to the airport without tickets and tried to book there, rather than presenting late at the gate, and Ryanair refused to sell them tickets. The critical bit is that it gives the flight departure time, but not the time of the call from the hospital or the time the family arrived at the airport. The fact that they flew with a different carrier just over an hour later supports that view the extra hour gave them time to buy tickets. The mention of gate times in jounalistic bull**** - I suspect the real issue was check-in time had passed.

Unixman
18th Mar 2015, 10:09
For organ transplants, any delay is critical and that hour could easily have caused the organs to have become useless. Simple as that.

Curious Pax
18th Mar 2015, 10:12
I recently flow LGW-LAS on a Virgin 744 that was so dirty and old it was probably older than me and had never had a cabin refit it was shocking
I wouldn't have battered an eyelid if someone had lit a cigarette next to me because it felt like I was in a time warp.

Unless it was one of the odd occasions that a Heathrow based 744 was used you're wrong. The Gatwick 744 fleet have all had a refurbishment in the last couple of years or so. Can't comment on whether they cleaned it or not, but the oldest Gatwick based 744 is 1997 vintage, so yes, it probably is older than you!

Unixman
18th Mar 2015, 10:36
The MAXIMUM viability time for a liver is about 12 hours - maybe a little longer if you are very lucky. (Kidneys can be kept for considerably longer so are less urgent). Typically storage times for livers are about 7 hours. Now do the sums from the time that ( to use a sad euphemism ) a donor becomes available through to having the recipient in theatre receiving the organ and you will see that any delay - especially of at least an hour - could cause immense problems.

daz211
18th Mar 2015, 10:43
Not wanting to take over this thread with Virgin stories
The Aircraft mentioned was named Lady Ponelope it had Orange and blue seats which look like they had a thick wool covering trust me I'm not stuck up in any way but this aircraft should have been at some air museum ....

Anyway ......... And I'm back in the room.

18th Mar 2015, 10:44
"Could cause immense problems. .." none of which are Ryanair's fault!

They are not an air ambulance service!

Unixman
18th Mar 2015, 11:23
No they are not. But they seemed to have been jobsworths in preventing a very sick child from urgently getting to the hospital for a live-saving operation.

owenc
18th Mar 2015, 13:07
Someone help! I am really confused! I lost my passport but will be flying on a domestic UK flight on the weekend and I wondered if I could use my Driving Lisence.

frfly
18th Mar 2015, 13:22
Someone help! I am really confused! I lost my passport but will be flying on a domestic UK flight on the weekend and I wondered if I could use my Driving Lisence.

UK

Any photo ID which matches the passenger name in the booking.

Children under 16 years of age (travelling with an adult) on UK domestic flights can travel without photo identification.

owenc
18th Mar 2015, 13:27
Yeah thats what I saw but some people are saying they don't accept driving licence.

fivejuliet
18th Mar 2015, 13:38
For International travel they will not accept driving license, but as posted by frfly, any photo ID with your name is acceptable for Ryanair UK domestic.

The Small Print | T&Cs (http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions/regulations-traveldocumentation/)

owenc
18th Mar 2015, 13:42
Ok thanks then!

PAXboy
18th Mar 2015, 16:56
I agree that we've only heard one side of the sick child story and that's why FR should get their side of the story out fast. It may well have been the case that they arrived - on spec - far too late. But these reports will now be added to the 'legend' of FR and turn up in web searches.

A well written press notice, giving their side of the story and a 'We are sorry that we could not help on this occasion but are very glad to hear that the family were able to get a flight ... blah blah etc.' would help them in the future.

pee
19th Mar 2015, 09:38
The Russian crisis' influence on the European economy is more pronounced in the Eastern part of the EU, especially Finland suffers from that. To the same category belong some Finnish airports, like Lappeenranta

Budget airline Ryanair will continue its flights from Eastern Finland’s Lappeenranta to Milan Bergamo airport, while flights to Weeze in Germany end next week.

The Irish airline plans to up the number of its Finnish flights in the spring 2016, when it will be adding new aircraft to its fleet. Hopes are that by this stage Russian tourism will have picked up again, giving incentive to opening new routes from Lappeenranta.
Source: YLE News (http://yle.fi/uutiset/ryanair_continues_milan_flights_weeze_route_discontinued/7875885)
Apart from LPP, the amount of FR flights to anywhere in Finland (Tampere) also dropped dramatically... probably even too much, as Ryanair is almost a monopolist of the low-cost sector in most of the country.

MidlandDeltic
19th Mar 2015, 10:11
Unixman - I am well aware of the issues over organ donation and preservation. However, I stand by the view that the story as reported is not the full story and is slanted in an anti-Ryanair way (and I have no skin in that game).

From what I have seen, the family arrived at the airport and tried to buy a ticket on the first departure. IF check-in time had passed, NO airline would have sold a ticket to ANYONE. The journalistic "20 minutes at the gate" is either a misnomer, or indicates that they were only there in time for the gate time - ie long after check in had closed.

IF that is the case, re-opening check in, getting these passengers on, and then rescheduling the departure may well have led to as much delay as the option then taken of the next available flight an hour or so later. The fact that calls to head office were mentioned suggests that ground staff did try to help, but were unable to do so. There are probably very good reasons why head office took the decision they did - we are not privy to their side.

I am old enough NEVER to take ANY press story at face value.

EI-A330-300
19th Mar 2015, 11:53
Ryanair commenced DUB-CPH yesterday and were meet with up to 60 protestors who delayed the aircraft for 3 hours.

Court ruling due next week!

racedo
19th Mar 2015, 18:11
Even by FR's standards this is just asking for bad publicity ...

Organ transplant child barred from Ryanair flight for arriving late - Europe - World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/organ-transplant-child-barred-from-ryanair-flight-for-arriving-late-10114656.html)

Ryanair apologises after boy travelling for organ transplant was refused flight - Irish Mirror Online (http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ryanair-apologises-after-boy-travelling-5355912)

Kind of different story here.

EI-A330-300
19th Mar 2015, 19:21
Ryanair have issued a second statement about US flights and that the board have not considered and have no plans to consider US operations.

Racedo

Just because FR said they were not aware means nothing, they could be saving thenselves a little from the bad PR.

Alsacienne
19th Mar 2015, 22:12
Despite all the press interest this week, it seems totally unachievable as no one has offered any information about the aircraft type for these intended direct flights ... certainly outside the capacity of FR's current B737-800s.

I hardly think they'd be welcomed for refuelling in KEF ... or is there another FR airport between the UK and the US (under another name for the location perhaps) that they are intending to use?

Out of interest, what aircraft would be the most likely choice for FR to use for LH routes?

Captain Planet
19th Mar 2015, 22:17
RTE News reporting that Ryanair have dropped plans to operate any Trans-atlantic services.

Have the board been slapped on the wrist?

Is this a ploy from Willie and MOL to gift EI more notoriety on existing and new routes given the impending IAG takeover?

Ryanair drops transatlantic flight plans - RTÉ News (http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2015/0319/688299-ryanair-drops-transatlantic-flight-plans/)

CCFAIRPORT
23rd Mar 2015, 09:40
The A/C based in BTS will be an AIR EXPLORE A/C

Badgermanuk
25th Mar 2015, 07:13
Is this Fact or some Corporate Bull ?

[URL="http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11877956.Ryanair_cut_seven_summer_routes_from_Bournemouth_Ai rport___because_they_ve_got_no_planes

Bournemouth Air
25th Mar 2015, 08:48
Ryanair cut seven summer routes from Bournemouth Airport - because they've got no planes

CCFAIRPORT
1st Apr 2015, 08:46
Right now press conference at BUCHAREST OTOPENI AIRPORT ! Ryanair is gonna make an important announcement

Conferinta de presa ‪#‎Ryanair‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/ryanair?source=feed_text&story_id=734202833368234)! In curand,reprezentantii companiei vor face un anunt important

Una Due Tfc
1st Apr 2015, 08:47
Cameras on the winglets?

CCFAIRPORT
1st Apr 2015, 09:00
3 NEW ROUTES FROM BUCHAREST

Bologna-Marconi
Milano-Bergamo
Rome-Ciampino

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/150401-ryanair-launches-bucharest-winter-2015-schedule/?market=ro)

Jorik
1st Apr 2015, 14:46
Yeahhh: Kassel steht Kopf - Ryanairbasis mit 18 Routen ab Oktober!! (http://www.exbir.de/reise-magazin/13822-yeahhh-kassel-steht-kopf-ryanairbasis-mit-18-routen-ab-oktober.html)

Article is quoting MOL.... and is naming Lleida and Ciudad Real, among 16 others, as destinations.

boyzinblue
1st Apr 2015, 15:26
I think the Kassel story is an april fools one.

Jorik
1st Apr 2015, 15:46
Possibly... weird sense of humor that would be though :hmm:

whitelighter
2nd Apr 2015, 14:21
Does anyone know if FR will increase the frequency on the LON-Zadar route this summer. Ideally I need to go out and back in a day, so an early out of STN would be great with the current late night return. Failing that a daily service would work.

Does anyone have a link to their summer schedule?

FRatSTN
2nd Apr 2015, 14:36
The summer schedule has already begun so it's unlikely to change much now:

The schedule for STN-ZAD is:
FR8388 dep. STN 18:35 arr. ZAD 22:00 Tu Th Sa
FR8389 dep. ZAD 16:45 arr. STN 18:10 Tu Th Sa

And extra flights for August only:
FR8388 dep. STN 11:30 arr. ZAD 14:55 Su
FR8389 dep. ZAD 15:20 arr. STN 16:45 Su

FR8388 dep. STN 12:10 arr. ZAD 15:35 We
FR8389 dep. ZAD 16:00 arr. STN 17:25 We

So perhaps other than in August, this doesn't look great for what you want to do.

whitelighter
3rd Apr 2015, 08:18
No it doesn't look great.

Thanks for posting regardless

737aviator
3rd Apr 2015, 09:42
Possibility to go to ZAD via DUB, flights on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday?

insuindi
3rd Apr 2015, 10:25
Zadar is not the worst place to spent a couple of nights.

Failing that, you could fly into Split in the morning, take a rental car either one-way to Zadar (and fly home with FR from there), or return rental with evening flight back from Split.

Would be possible with Easyjet, outbound from STN, LTN or LGW in the morning, and then the Wednesday evening return to LGW.

whitelighter
3rd Apr 2015, 21:27
All good plans thanks.

Actually I like the Croatian Coast but I don't have the time to spend a few days

Nakata77
5th Apr 2015, 03:46
When does planning start for next summer season?

Flybe forward bookings on Bournemouth-Biaritz shows that untapped demand exists to markets like Bordeaux & Bergerac which is much more suitable for B737 not Dash 8.

Not sure why Jerez, Seville, Almeria and Gibralter have not yet been explored from BOH as no doubt these would be strong - BOH carries more pax to Spain each year than EXT & SOU combined.

AerRyan
5th Apr 2015, 19:40
When will the final winter schedule be posted? God sake its been weeks and nothing on SNN-MAN, SNN-KUN and NOC-EMA and several other routes from MAN, KUN and EMA.

sunday8pm
7th Apr 2015, 15:11
I'm waiting very patiently for the EMA winter schedule to be loaded. Anyone know what days TFS is likely to be this winter?

FRatSTN
7th Apr 2015, 15:25
I'm too patiently waiting for EMA and MAN as well. Hopefully no news is good news.

I'd dare to have a guess that EMA-TFS will be at least Monday, Wednesday and Friday but only because they've flown on those days for years. Things could easily change.

RAT 5
7th Apr 2015, 18:30
Has Ryanair customer services closed down? How the heck are we minor minions supposed to know what is not yet public knowledge. There is an inner sanctum at Dublin Mission Control. Try calling them with your questions and hopefully they'll realise they are in the business of pleasing customers and not themselves.

FRatSTN
8th Apr 2015, 10:58
EMA and MAN times are now showing. KUN flights now showing too. No significant increases although EMA looks as if it may need 4 aircraft (compared to 3 in previous winters). EMA-TFS by the way is showing as everyday except Tues and Thurs.

Millionmileshigh
8th Apr 2015, 13:34
EMA and MAN times are now showing. KUN flights now showing too. No significant increases although EMA looks as if it may need 4 aircraft (compared to 3 in previous winters). EMA-TFS by the way is showing as everyday except Tues and Thurs.

Still no man schedule on website... Waiting patiently to book for December ;) it's really late for the schedule to be released this year though

MANFOD
8th Apr 2015, 15:14
From MAN, no flights showing for Paris, Bologna and Tallinn. Are they normally summer only routes?

Hope there's more to come. The rest seems mainly as last winter, except possibly Madrid which is daily. Is that an increase?

EI-A330-300
8th Apr 2015, 15:18
Ryanair has apparently banned alcohol on flights between Glasgow and Ibiza

Airline bans booze on a notorious flight from Scotland to party island Ibiza - Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/airline-bans-booze-notorious-flight-5462177)

Millionmileshigh
8th Apr 2015, 15:57
From MAN, no flights showing for Paris, Bologna and Tallinn. Are they normally summer only routes?

Hope there's more to come. The rest seems mainly as last winter, except possibly Madrid which is daily. Is that an increase?

Silly me, was looking at fare finder rather than a ghost booking

Tallinn, Paris and bologna are all summer seasonal, and the daily Madrid is an increase

The duty free ban is on all flights from the uk to Ibiza, not just pik

james170969
8th Apr 2015, 19:03
The flights concerned are from Glasgow Prestwick to Ibiza. Although they are preventing people from carrying alcohol bought in the duty free shop they will, so I have been told, continue to serve alcoholic drinks onboard to anyone who doesn't appear drunk or likely to cause trouble.

AerRyan
9th Apr 2015, 11:22
You will not be allowed carry on alcohol to PIK-IBZ. Every other UK flight is NOT affected despite some people picking up otherwise (I don't know where).

MANFOD
11th Apr 2015, 08:53
Winter Schedules.

MAN appears to have been loaded now but there are some anomalies which you knowledgeable guys might be able to explain.

For a particular destination on a specific date, it may show "no flight", a price or "sold out".

For example, MAN-MAD in November has prices for 5 days in the week but also has times on Tues. and Sat. when the flight is denoted as "sold out". It also applies to Rome - daily times but 1 day in the week "sold out" and Lisbon - times for 5 days but only fares for 4 days with the 5th "sold out". Tenerife has fares for only 4 of the 6 days showing times.

SNN has all 7 days with times but "sold out".

It's inconceivable that flights are sold out at this stage so what is Ryanair's intention? Are they waiting to see how bookings go before deciding whether to operate the flights on those days, or are some of them increases in frequency which depend on slots being available?

I must say if the schedules currently loaded are the final offering for MAN, it would be disappointing.

pee
13th Apr 2015, 13:43
Tomorrow in Tampere-Pirkkala will open providently modernized at the cost of several million euros (and much better looking now) the airport's lcc Terminal 2. This refurbishment has been made just for Ryanair, as it has been the only airline using it.

http://img.yle.fi/uutiset/tampere/article7884300.ece/ALTERNATES/w960/Tampere-Pirkkalan+lentoasema+kakkosterminaali+saapuvien+matkatavaroi den+noutohalli+liukuhihna+laukkukaruselli+23032015.jpg

Better looking, huh?

To celebrate this, precisely on the eve of the event Ryanair has announced ending all flights to Tampere from the end of October. The official reason: shortage of planes during the winter season.

No comments from me.

AerRyan
13th Apr 2015, 15:25
Tomorrow in Tampere-Pirkkala will open providently modernized at the cost of several million euros (and much better looking now) the airport's lcc Terminal 2. This refurbishment has been made just for Ryanair, as it has been the only airline using it.

http://img.yle.fi/uutiset/tampere/article7884300.ece/ALTERNATES/w960/Tampere-Pirkkalan+lentoasema+kakkosterminaali+saapuvien+matkatavaroi den+noutohalli+liukuhihna+laukkukaruselli+23032015.jpg

Better looking, huh?

To celebrate this, precisely on the eve of the event Ryanair has announced ending all flights to Tampere from the end of October. The official reason: shortage of planes during the winter season.

No comments from me.

Hahaha that's hilarious!
Its also a BS reason, how is it possible to have a shortage of planes in the winter season, Ryanair drop capacity by around half!

EI-BUD
13th Apr 2015, 18:56
Sad story for this airport, if the axe has to fall somewhere, on a purely commercial basis the routes less profitable will get impacted first, generally.

I do recall a similar scenario at City of Derry Airport, lots of trees culled, houses knocked to extend runway to remove performance restrictions only to see a gradual decline in Ryanair operations...

Cyrano
13th Apr 2015, 20:42
Hahaha that's hilarious!
Its also a BS reason, how is it possible to have a shortage of planes in the winter season, Ryanair drop capacity by around half!

Of course it's a BS reason. I'm guessing it was more like this:

Ryanair: "We want a new deal with lower charges."
Tampere: "Here's the best we can do."
Ryanair: "Not good enough. We want lower."
Tampere: "Sorry, we can't."
Ryanair (cracking knuckles): "Nice new terminal you've got here. Be a shame if it ended up... empty, know what I mean?" [Thinks: "the airport will have to cave. The loss of face otherwise, with a new terminal, would be just too much."]
Tampere: "No, sorry, that's the best we can do." [Thinks: we've given them a good price. Tampere to the sun in the winter is a good market. They won't leave.]

Of course it wasn't meant to come to this, but it looks as though someone miscalculated...

davidjohnson6
13th Apr 2015, 21:32
I'm a little confused - some sources say FR are suspending Tampere for winter 2015-16 with an intention to return for summer 2016, while other say FR are closing operations at TMP permanently. Is someone able to advise definitively which is correct ?

EI-A330-300
13th Apr 2015, 22:04
The shortage of aircraft "excuse" is the latest catchphrase from FR and just look at the result's it has delivered. Very little bad PR for puling routes and out of airports...

AerRyan
13th Apr 2015, 22:12
In fairness, could they have not got a better excuse, its the oldest and lamest in the book.

pee
14th Apr 2015, 05:45
I'm a little confused - some sources say FR are suspending Tampere for winter 2015-16 with an intention to return for summer 2016, while other say FR are closing operations at TMP permanently. Is someone able to advise definitively which is correct ?
The most official explanation of the status quo you can read in English from this source (http://yle.fi/uutiset/ryanair_cans_tampere_winter_routes/7926057).

It certainly looks like the blackmail in its purest form. FR will have enough planes in winter to fill the new terminal up to its full capacity, anybody in doubt? The yields and LF's on Finnish routes have been better than satisfactory. In other words, the Tampere City Council decision rising the amount of marketing support still could bring some winter season flights. Other negotiations could even facilitate the creation of first Finnish base there. Well, it will not happen, I don't think enough funds could be found in so short time. Tampere still could try to lure e.g. Wizz Air to connect Tampere with Warsaw and/or Budapest, but time may not be enough to achieve that.

Sober Lark
14th Apr 2015, 07:27
The shortage of aircraft "excuse" is the latest catchphrase from FR

Who asked for a sparkling refurbished terminal?

Load factor is king. 100 million passengers and 300 aircraft is a fact.

AerRyan
16th Apr 2015, 15:54
Sure they are, but Aircraft don't gain passengers on the ground for months :)

racedo
16th Apr 2015, 19:41
Sure they are, but Aircraft don't gain passengers on the ground for months :)

Since when has Ryanair stated they are grounding aircraft this winter ?

Last Nov and Dec they carried in excess of 6 Million passengers..............

16th Apr 2015, 20:00
Not the first time they've "promised to come back somewhere after the winter" either?

Not beyond the bounds of possibility that other airlines could want to take Tampere services over.

whitelighter
16th Apr 2015, 22:35
I'm sure Fr fly STN to Naples in Italy (LIRN), or at least have done very recently but I can't find it as a destination on the booking page.

Am I imagining it of have FR dropped the route?

Charlie Roy
17th Apr 2015, 08:14
Am I imagining it of have FR dropped the route?

They have never flown there. Try Easyjet.

Alsacienne
21st Apr 2015, 15:13
Can anyone confirm that what I saw on my recent BSL-DUB-BSL flights is an actual change ..... female cabin crew with long pony tail hairdos or their own natural hair instead of the Ryanair 'chignon' ... and no name badges being worn. Are these part of the new changes?

Also, no inflight magazines on either leg ... hence no food information OR prices. Is this just a temporary hiccough or a new initiative (guess what food is on offer and then play 'The Price is Right')?

Sober Lark
21st Apr 2015, 18:29
Alsacienne, the only practical advice we can offer you is for you to discuss any concerns you have with your GP.

Alsacienne
21st Apr 2015, 21:08
:rolleyes::rolleyes::{:{:ok::D:D

sealink
21st Apr 2015, 21:27
I recently flew BGY to DUB and the crew didn't hand out the inflight magazine. When they asked me if i wanted any food or drinks i did get a drink but as i only had limited euros left to spend i declined anything else as i didn't know the price of the offerings. To be honest the crew on my flight seemed disinterested which annoyed me as i really champion Ryanair crew.

Alsacienne
22nd Apr 2015, 05:56
To be honest the crew on my flight seemed disinterested which annoyed me as i really champion Ryanair crew.And that's exactly how I felt as I find Ryanair gets better and better once you know how they operate and particularly of late.

Stansted beckons again next month so I'll get a chance to see if that was a one-off or if other changes are afoot. Whilst this may not change the face of Loco operations as we know them, I do hope other PPRuNe members will share their experiences ...

CCFAIRPORT
22nd Apr 2015, 07:55
Sealink

I m a french ryanair cabin crew based in CRL ! As a crew you are supposed to know not all but almost all the prices of each things on board ( I mean at least foods and drinks) If there is any inflight magazine (could happens) the crew can check the price on the EPOS ! The N1 is supposed during the briefing (before the flight) to check if the rest of the crew know the promotions and prices !
But i understand that this story annoyed you !
It s weird because BGY-DUB is operating by DUB crew and in DUB they are supposed to be so so so so strict ....

Alsacienne
22nd Apr 2015, 10:24
in DUB they are supposed to be so so so so strict

.... which is why I was so surprised to see such relaxed rules on the BSL-DUB routings ... with DUB staff!

mlaking
22nd Apr 2015, 11:46
I flew BOH- PMI 2 weeks ago and there was also no in flight magazine on either leg

Charlie Roy
22nd Apr 2015, 13:33
My last 2 flights with Ryanair in March, CRL-DUB and BRU-DUB, no in-flight magazines, no menu cards. I might have ordered some crisps or chocolate had I seen what was on offer and the prices, so I didn't bother ordering anything.

CCFAIRPORT
24th Apr 2015, 09:39
NEW ROUTES FROM COPENHAGEN (All starts October 2015)

Alicante (4pw)
Budapest (daily)
Malaga (3pw)

And from Edinburgh , Frankfurt Hahn and Santander will be on the winter scheduled (only in summer till now)

FurbleFawks
24th Apr 2015, 23:46
Ya know, I had exactly this on a RYG-MAN flight. The flight attendant seemed p'd off at the passenger next to me asking how much things were because they hadn't bothered to hand any menus out.

I think as a company, they're starting to not bother 'forcing' the upsells on the staff, so they just can't be arsed anymore.

Millionmileshigh
25th Apr 2015, 02:18
There's been a printing issue apparently with the magazine so there are none available

Shamrock350
25th Apr 2015, 13:07
I flew LTN-KUN and KUN-LGW this week, menus were available, hot food orders taken as usual and magazines handed out for inflight shopping afterwards so not much of a problem there. Only issue was the lack of hot food options, just a cheese and tomato panini and sweet & sour chicken ready meal were on offer.

Kaunas based crew were quite good, best I've seen from Ryanair.

Tompa80
25th Apr 2015, 16:07
as long as I know in dub base they are short of travel guides and menu cards since half march...

EI-A330-300
29th Apr 2015, 07:47
Sombody has stole 4.5 million from Ryanair...

RTÉ Mobile - Ryanair says ?4.5m taken from bank accounts (http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0429/697478-ryanair/)

CCFAIRPORT
29th Apr 2015, 14:05
NEW ROUTE

Warsaw Modlin to Malaga

Starts 27 Oct 2015

Ryanair - nowe po??czenie z Warszawy Modlin do Malagi (http://www.tanie-loty.com.pl/blogi/4136-ryanair-nowe-polaczenie-z-warszawy-modlin-do-malagi.html)

Bjarte
7th May 2015, 12:48
Eff 25 Oct 2015
Alicante - Rome Ciampino

Addition:

Eff 27 Oct 2015
Rome Ciampino - Rabat

RAT 5
7th May 2015, 15:35
With 73 bases and >300 destinations if people keep posting all the new routes every other day, Prune will be overloaded and burst at the seams. And, WGAF. Let's not replace SkyScanner. Sorry.

StevieW
8th May 2015, 10:45
So what's the point of this thread then?

pamann
8th May 2015, 12:27
Agree with StevieW this is the point of this thread no? And all other threads in Airlines, Airports & Routes (clue is in the name :ok: ).

Unlike the Thomas Cook thread which in my mind should just be moved to the 'Spotters' corner.

NickBarnes
8th May 2015, 18:56
I flew today with Ryanair from Stansted - Bologna, and there weren't any menu cards or magazines, crew were disinterested, and the poor girl who was clearly still very new, was been given such a hard time by the older crew member, I felt so sorry for her, snapping at her in front of passengers was disgraceful, when she was clearly still learning! Never seen behaviour like it from crew members on a flight!

CCFAIRPORT
8th May 2015, 20:04
In my base , i can confirm that some Number 1 are very hard with the N°4. and it s not normal ! During my 2nd day online , i cried in the toilets due to bad behavior of my N°1

GayFriendly
8th May 2015, 20:41
A No 1 at BA, especially on the Mixed Fleet would be immediately reported and hauled over the coals for such poor behaviour, same should be happening at FR.....It shows lack of basic people management skills as well as probably poor training. People in charge whatever airline they work for always seem to forget they were new once

AerRyan
8th May 2015, 20:57
I like hearing new route announcements, please continue with them.

8th May 2015, 23:55
Agreed; if not for those what is this board for?

davidjohnson6
9th May 2015, 00:06
RAT5 has a point in that some route announcements can be pretty dull - especially those that join the dots or are between bases. An example might be a Warsaw Modlin - Ibiza summer seasonal route; new information but hardly groundbreaking.

Other new routes are rather more interesting for a variety of possible reasons, perhaps because it involves adding a new airport to the network, a change of strategy or indicates a desire to have a price war with a rival.

Very difficult to know which routes are dull and which are interesting.

gossipboy
9th May 2015, 07:24
An other new route: Tenerife Sth - Treviso 2 x week from 26 Oct

kcockayne
9th May 2015, 07:42
Exactly who decides what is interesting & what isn't ? What harm does this information do ? If you find it boring, so what ? Others find it interesting !
Leave it be.

racedo
12th May 2015, 21:57
Buddy travelled with elderly relative on Ryanair in last 2 weeks, pretty much terrified from the booking as required special assistance all the way.
Worried about being abandoned somewhere.

A call before flight ensured that something he forgot was taken care of and new boarding passes reissued.

At all airports they met with the lift including a flight leaving 20 minutes late as airport only had one passenger lift to aircraft.

As took 4 flights in all he was shocked and surprised about how it worked and each airport had received everything required.

Given the ease he passed through security and passport control he has suggested taking relative everytime, well the relative suggested this as they hadn't flown in 15 years and thought the way they went was so great.

Bjarte
13th May 2015, 13:57
eff October 2015
Hamburg - Malaga
Hamburg - Alicante

AerRyan
14th May 2015, 17:40
Very little new routes for ROI and the UK lately

GrahamK
14th May 2015, 18:31
Alicante-Newcastle 3 x weekly is a new one too

AerRyan
14th May 2015, 18:34
Spoke too soon didn't I

RAT 5
18th May 2015, 18:33

Just had a look at easy jet, BA, Thomson, Jet 2, Air France, KLM posts and nothing about new routes 6 months in advance. It's as if some guys are wanting to swap playing cards as from the old footballers days. Get a full set and have a free ticket. Time spent in the garden with a fresh glass of red and the QRH is better value than trolling through new schedules. Christ, most guys can't remember where they've been just after final landing: being concerned about routes you'll never travel 6 months in advance seems curious. Ah, a fresh top up has arrived and the sun is shining. Safe travelling one & all.

j636
19th May 2015, 18:58
The mayor of Copheagion has banned 45,000 city officals from flying Ryanair!

barrel
19th May 2015, 19:22
Billund BLL is a Ryanair base since 2012. What's the difference now? Why so many problems in Copenhagen?

racedo
20th May 2015, 17:40
The mayor of Copheagion has banned 45,000 city officals from flying Ryanair!

On the public dime..

Kind of scary that a city with a population of 580,000 has 45,000 city officials.

Now excluding children / students, unemployed, elderly and stay at home parents I reckon that 1 in 5 people maybe more are employed by city.

Lets face it how many would you expect to be flying on the public dime during the year ?

AerRyan
20th May 2015, 17:46

Just had a look at easy jet, BA, Thomson, Jet 2, Air France, KLM posts and nothing about new routes 6 months in advance. It's as if some guys are wanting to swap playing cards as from the old footballers days. Get a full set and have a free ticket. Time spent in the garden with a fresh glass of red and the QRH is better value than trolling through new schedules. Christ, most guys can't remember where they've been just after final landing: being concerned about routes you'll never travel 6 months in advance seems curious. Ah, a fresh top up has arrived and the sun is shining. Safe travelling one & all.
Me and others here like knowing what routes are to come. BA, Thomson, JET 2, Air France and Klm rarely have new routes.

Bengt
21st May 2015, 04:08
Kind of scary that a city with a population of 580,000 has 45,000 city officials.
I wonder where Racedo (and Google's highest ranking for Copenhagen population) pick up their facts? Copenhagen is Scandinavia's city with the largest population. It has a higher population, somewhere between 2 and 3 times 580 000 (depending on whether you count urban or municipal).

racedo
21st May 2015, 18:21
I wonder where Racedo (and Google's highest ranking for Copenhagen population) pick up their facts? Copenhagen is Scandinavia's city with the largest population. It has a higher population, somewhere between 2 and 3 times 580 000 (depending on whether you count urban or municipal). Frank Jensen - Mayor of Copenhagen Municipality

Copenhagen Municipality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_Municipality)

Just because a city has a large population doesn't mean people all work for the Lord Mayor nor does it mean he is in charge of it.

BoJo is Mayor of London but that doesn't mean public employees work for him or his office in London. Overwhelming majority in local Govt in London do not.

aer lingus
21st May 2015, 19:35
What's the mayor's problem with FR?

racedo
21st May 2015, 20:41
What's the mayor's problem with FR?

Politicians seeing a Headline for himself is like a Dog seeing a Fire Hydrant.

CCFAIRPORT
22nd May 2015, 08:57
3 NEW ROUTES

Krakow to Tenerife South
Krakow to Gran Canaria
Wroclaw to Tenerife South

All starts october or november 2015

The Krakow-Girona route will become all year round from this winter

TSR2
26th May 2015, 07:54
According to Sky News, Ryanair have posted a profit of 867million Euro for the full year which is a 66% increase on last year.

Flightrider
26th May 2015, 08:39
The results are impressive, but the results presentation on its website is less so. I've never seen such a slapdash effort - it looks as though someone has taken the scribbles from a flipchart in a meeting and transcribed them into a powerpoint presentation with no effort made. I suppose the results are the important thing to an investor, but putting something so poor out there does suggest that not all of the corporate arrogance has yet been eradicated.

Sober Lark
26th May 2015, 09:29
Flightrider, wouldn't you be delighted if your scribbles were worth even a fraction of that figure?

Great set of figures. Congratulations and a good job!

racedo
26th May 2015, 20:05
Thats and lots of cash from Aer Lingus sale means a good day.

AerRyan
26th May 2015, 20:08
Thats and lots of cash from Aer Lingus sale means a good day.

Ryanair say they haven't even been approached by IAG yet. Its completely In Ryanair hands then as to wheather they sell or not. I'd say they will bit MOL is rather unpredictable then isn't he?

racedo
26th May 2015, 21:17
Ryanair say they haven't even been approached by IAG yet. Its completely In Ryanair hands then as to wheather they sell or not. I'd say they will bit MOL is rather unpredictable then isn't he?

MOL looks after company he runs, getting €400 million means can distribute to shareholders or pay down debt.

Ryanair have lost nothing on this deal as IAG will likely have to divest London-Dublin slots.

AerRyan
26th May 2015, 21:22
MOL looks after company he runs, getting €400 million means can distribute to shareholders or pay down debt.

Ryanair have lost nothing on this deal as IAG will likely have to divest London-Dublin slots.

Of course, that's one way to look at it.

There's also the fact the MOL may be getting an even stronger competitor (Aer Lingus has fought off one of the most ruthless LCC's over the past few years, I doubt this will be of concern tbh) who will gain alot of connecting pax.

Also its unlikely that IAG will have to drop any Heathrow slots as EI and BA will be separate entities, unlike the BMI slots.

racedo
26th May 2015, 21:25
Of course, that's one way to look at it.

There's also the fact the MOL may be getting an even stronger competitor (Aer Lingus has fought off one of the most ruthless LCC's over the past few years, I doubt this will be of concern tbh) who will gain alot of connecting pax.

Also its unlikely that IAG will have to drop any Heathrow slots as EI and BA will be separate entities, unlike the BMI slots.

Aer Lingus lost how much in last 10 years ?

Aer Lingus and BA are owned by same group, they connected and claiming they are not has no chance of being believed.

BA cannot compete with Low Cost Airlines never could, never will.

davidjohnson6
26th May 2015, 22:06
Aer Lingus and BA are owned by same group, they connected and claiming they are not has no chance of being believed.

BA cannot compete with Low Cost Airlines never could, never will.

racedo - I don't understand what you mean about Aer Lingus and BA being owned by the same group ? Could you elaborate please ?

BA seem to be doing a good job at being competitive with LCCs - value is often more important than just absolute cheapest

AerRyan
26th May 2015, 22:36
Aer Lingus and BA will both be owned by IAG if the Aer Lingus takeover goes ahead. Of course it's not at the moment, that was bad terminology.

Aer Lingus are a very strong Airline that has managed to fend off one of the most aggressive LCC's in the world. No doubt Ryanair don't want more strengthing of that airline.

racedo
26th May 2015, 22:53
No doubt Ryanair don't want more strengthing of that airline.

No chance that will happen on intra european routes.

Aer Lingus will get a mere mention at IAG board meeting, BA at Heathrow and Iberia at MAD are the issue.

AerRyan
26th May 2015, 23:22
Dublin has as much U.S traffic as Madrid and will have more once the new routes come along.

Mere mention? They are also the only airline in IAG to have long haul routes from 2 hubs in their respective countries.

ATNotts
27th May 2015, 07:21
Pilotenverträge bei Ryanair - Morgenmagazin - ARD | Das Erste (http://www.daserste.de/information/politik-weltgeschehen/morgenmagazin/berichte-und-interviews/Pilotenvertraege-bei-Ryan-Air-Staatsanwaltschaft-ermittelt-100.html)

Reported this morning on ARD Morgenmagazine. Seems that the UK offices of one of the agencies used by Ryanair have been visited. Any action, it seams, would be taken against Brookfield Aviaiton for unpaid German taxes, rather than against Ryanair, for whom, naturally, the pilots do not work directly.

Vereinigung Cockpit, not surprisingly, aren't happy about the employment conditions of Ryanair crew in Germany - but it's difficult to see what they can do about it.

ssflyer
28th May 2015, 15:21
FR1633 due to depart 16.00hrs French time for EMA, all boarded but flight deck advise they cannot depart as there is no fuel at Limoges. Pax told that they are negotiating for a shorter routing or a diversion on route for a top up!
You couldn't make it up
Watch this space ,delay is now 60 mins, and prepare for a long delay if you are due away on 9407/9185 to Ibiza/Alicante tonight as this ac is due out on one of those flights
SSF

DjerbaDevil
28th May 2015, 18:19
There is a report of an indefinite strike of Ryanair handling staff at Madrid-Barajas airport to commence on 30 May.

Anybody know anything more on this?

racedo
28th May 2015, 19:45
Strikes called by air traffic controllers and Ryanair handling staff - Flight Consulting (http://www.flightconsulting.com/strikes-called-by-air-traffic-controllers-and-ryanair-handling-staff/)

CabinCrewe
28th May 2015, 20:23
EI ex DUB have same amount of TA traffic as IB ex MAD? surely thats not true

AerRyan
28th May 2015, 20:26
No, but they are extremely close. I expect Dublin to overtake Madrid in terms of United States traffic. Madrid does the largest amount of traffic to Latin America from Europe though, and by quite a margin. (Notice I said United States) (In terms of all American traffic, not just IB and EI.)

EI-BUD
28th May 2015, 21:44
Madrid does the largest amount of traffic to Latin America from Europe though, and by quite a margin. (Notice I said United States) (In terms of all American traffic, not just IB and EI.)

Yes and this is the key reason why Iberia was an attractive investment/ partner due to its unrivalled network to South America.

737aviator
29th May 2015, 09:07
ssflyer, if you look at the NOTAMS you will see that there is indeed no fuel at LIG from 14:23Z on the 28th. Hardly the fault of an airline!

ssflyer
29th May 2015, 15:10
There was no criticism of FR whatsoever either in or implied in my words and as can be seen in the tone of my follow up post on the EMA forum

"I understand there was a fuel drivers strike that prevented a top up. Pax sat on aircraft as pilot tried negotiating a quick re-routing but it took 90 minutes,sitting in a full aircraft at 29C before they got away. Compliments to the captain :Dwho kept everyone informed and even opened up the flight deck to visitors whilst awaiting the new route, shame all the cold drinks were now very warm. They finally arrived at EMA 95 minutes late- not sure what fuel level was when it arrived on stand (?)
Ryanair website shows delay due to Belgian ATC strike...!!!"
SSF

RAT 5
30th May 2015, 08:20
If the fuel strike was notam'd, and the flight was a short EMA-LIG-EMA, was round trip fuel not available with a healthy buffer added to the minimum? What fuel was loaded at EMA? How was the return flight executed? Much more interesting points to this story.

737aviator
30th May 2015, 08:54
Sorry ssflyer, wrong impression, glad you got home in the end. :) Rat 5, suggest you look at the times of the notam and original post. The Notam was created 23mins after STD.

RAT 5
30th May 2015, 17:12
Thank you. RTFInfo.

anna_list
5th Jun 2015, 11:57
Ryanair eyes Wi-Fi, interlining | IFE content from ATWOnline (http://atwonline.com/ife/ryanair-eyes-wi-fi-interlining)

“I’d be quite surprised, looking at the next five years, if ourselves and probably easyJet aren’t feeding traffic into connections,” Jacobs said. “It has many implications and we are looking through them, just trying to understand what the different versions of that are."

If this happens, our fellow PPRuNer eu01 will deserve special recognition from Ryanair!

eu01
5th Jun 2015, 16:56
^^ Thanks a lot for remembering. I also used to stress about the need for them to be nicer to their passengers and... something has happened in this regard too, so maybe let's just wait a bit? ;)

WJ888
21st Jun 2015, 12:35
Ryanair to start flights to Eilat (Israel)?

Ryanair poleci z Polski do Izraela? - Pasazer.com (http://www.pasazer.com/news/26932/ryanair,poleci,z,polski,do,izraela.html)

On this Polish website are rumours about possible new flights to and from Eilat in Israel, from Budapest, Krakow, and Kaunas. Nothing is bookable (yet).

AerRyan
21st Jun 2015, 13:17
I can't find that destination. Strange.

compton3bravo
21st Jun 2015, 16:29
I think you will find it under Ovda.

LNIDA
21st Jun 2015, 17:46
WiFi ......just shows how Norwegian have shaken up the LoCo market, actually I'm surprised its taken this long for other airlines to follow Norwegians lead on this, one only has to look at any social gathering and everyone is constantly on their smart phone, the longest people go without is when their fast asleep on on an aircraft. If they plan to charge for it, then it had better work well. Norwegian will be aiming for 30m+ pax in 2016 well behind both Easyjet and Ryanair but along way ahead of Wizz & Vueling

daz211
26th Jun 2015, 07:29
I notice that DY are starting Caribean from the States using B737.

I wonder if Ryanair have considered PDL as a fuelling stop or an interline
Base for flights to and from the Caribean and USA using there current
Fleet and the MAX when they arrive.

I know from experience when flying to States/Carabean from the UK
That there are many flights that involve a plane change in the States
So why can't that change be in PDL.

The opportunity is there.

Let's say first flight of the day from major FR bases head to PDL
all interlined for flights to Carabean and the Statets :}