Frankfurt-Hahn (2pw)
Gdansk (2pw)
Milano-Bergamo (2pw)
Poznan (2pw)
Warszawa-Modlin (2pw)

CCFAIRPORT
1st Feb 2017, 09:07
So now i have one question

Is Poznan about to become a new RYANAIR base ?

eu01
1st Feb 2017, 12:04
Is Poznan about to become a new RYANAIR base ? Technically it looks that way. Unless base is created in both Eilat and TLV, the route is long enough to require the establishment of one in POZ.

But look at this: Fourteen new routes announced today for Winter 17/18 to connect Krakow, in addition to a few announced earlier.
http://corporate.ryanair.com/images/pr/Krakow%20Feb%2017.JPG

SWBKCB
1st Feb 2017, 14:39
Revealed: the biggest, "best" and "worst" Ryanair bases of the last decade (http://www.anna.aero/2017/02/01/best-most-worst-ryanair-bases/?utm_source=anna.aero+newsletter&utm_campaign=121aa1c231-anna_nl_010217&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ecdbf41674-121aa1c231-87023513)

Interesting article from Anna-Aero - RYR operating 1,500 routes this year out 2,800 started.

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Feb 2017, 14:58
Q3 profit falls 8% to €95m: Fares decline by 17% while traffic grows 16%

See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170206-q3-profit-falls-8-to-95m-fares-decline-by-17-while-traffic-grows-16/?market=en#sthash.V08Dcyjs.dpuf)

Punctuality starting to slip and again another warning about scrapping second bag.

pamann
6th Feb 2017, 16:51
I don't think the second bag thing is an issue. Having flown Ryanair a good few times since the 2 bag rule was implemented, I've noticed that gate staff no longer seem to check bags comply with the rules. I've regularly seen people with bags that should never have made it into the cabin. Some not far off being the size of a suitcase. So I think the reality is that they need to enforce the baggage restrictions, not change them.

CCFAIRPORT
7th Feb 2017, 21:01
NEW ROUTES

Brussels-Charleroi to Lisbon
Brussels-Charleroi to Plovdiv
Brussels-Charleroi to Varna
Brussels-Charleroi to Lisbon (resume)
Brussels-Charleroi to Wroclaw (resume)

Wroclaw to Gdansk

Lon12
8th Feb 2017, 11:06
Cologne-manchester
Cologne-bristol
Cologne-bologna
Cologne-treviso
Cologne-seville
Cologne-vilnius

Nuremberg-krakow
Nuremberg-vilnius

Lon12
8th Feb 2017, 13:51
Berlin SXF - Krakow
Berlin SXF - Billund
Berlin SXF - Eilat
Berlin SXF - Kerry

Hamburg - Katowice
Hamburg - Oslo torp
Hamburg - Treviso
Hamburg - Seville

AvGeek1
8th Feb 2017, 13:59
The UK is definitely becoming disadvantaged, Ryanair is expanding most places in Europe significantly, but nothing of this scale in the UK, unless there is more to come.

davidjohnson6
8th Feb 2017, 15:00
Ryanair has been giving hints about wanting to expand in Germany for a while. The poor state and turmoil of Air Berlin probably encourages Ryanair further.

HeartyMeatballs
8th Feb 2017, 15:25
Ryanair is already fairly massive in the UK. Competition is fierce. Still, they've added two new airframes to the UK since Brexit vote and have added in excess of 20 routes and also increased frequencies on many. So I don't see how the UK is definitely becoming disadvantaged. Could you give us some evidence (and not just the value of the pound or the fall in easyJet's share price). Real quantifiable evidence that the UK is becoming diadvantaged. I simply don't agree.

AirportPlanner1
8th Feb 2017, 18:41
I'm not so sure what they've been up to around the rest of the UK but at STN they're adding more new routes this summer than they have for years, perhaps ever. The only routes to end (I think) are Derry and Neiderrhein. Copenhagen is just a change of airport. Overall though there is decent growth in London.

NorthEasterner
8th Feb 2017, 19:14
Newcastle hasn't seen any growth yet for winter 2017/18 apart from the continuation of the MAD route and repeat of last year's winter schedule. Would be nice to see CGN, HAM etc. Think FR could sustain a 2 weekly PMI in the winter...

racedo
8th Feb 2017, 19:20
FR adding 50 new aircraft a year then the aircraft and routes need to go somewhere.

UK headed for inflation which is already working it way through the system will reduce some of the spend on travel.

UK / Ireland / Italy are mature markets for Ryanair where adding the odd route of two will only cannibalise from existing services where as adding new to Germany is real organic growth.

1sky
8th Feb 2017, 20:30
If you look at the details of Ryanair's German announcements, there isn't that much:

W16-17 / W17-18, weekly flights

Nuremberg: good increase
Berlin: very small decrease (!)
Hamburg: small decrease
Cologne: small increase
Hahn: significant decrease (but no announcement)

HeartyMeatballs
8th Feb 2017, 21:47
NorthEasterner. Ryanair have recently expanded greatly at NCL. They added the 3 Polish routes after Brexit vote result. They've added MAD. 3 routes to a dozen in little over a year ain't half bad.

mart901
13th Feb 2017, 23:24
Hi anyone know where FR are up to with refurbishing of older aircraft cabins, anyone flown on one, just wondering how they compare to the sky interior.

Cheers

Lon12
15th Feb 2017, 09:20
Valencia - Edimburgh
Valencia - Eindhoven
Valencia - Budapest
Valencia - Milan (MXP)

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/novedades/170215-ryanair-anuncia-preve-un-crecimiento-del-50-en-valencia-con-un-calendario-de-invierno-record/?market=es

HeartyMeatballs
15th Feb 2017, 09:32
Another UK to EU route. Who'd have thunk it.

Lon12
15th Feb 2017, 13:11
Seville - Manchester
Seville - East Midlands
Seville - Copenhague
Seville - Memmingen
Seville - Toulouse
Seville - Warsaw
Seville - Verona
Seville - Valladolid
Seville - Bari

Previously announced

Seville - Hamburg
Seville - Krakow
Seville - Cologne

CCFAIRPORT
15th Feb 2017, 13:48
8 NEW ROUTES FROM WROCLAW

Brussels-Charleroi (already announced)
Edinburgh
Gdansk (already announced)
Leeds-Bradford
Naples
Oslo-Torp
Palermo
Tel-Aviv (already announced)

2 NEW ROUTES FROM BRATISLAVA

Bologna-Marconi
Thessaloniki

SWBKCB
15th Feb 2017, 14:38
Ryanair have recently expanded greatly at NCL. They added the 3 Polish routes after Brexit vote result.

The three new polish destinations were announced on 27/04/2016, though they didn't start till the winter season (i.e. post Brexit vote), though yes the recent growth at NCL has been good. Sure I looked recently and nobody doing NCL-PMI this winter?

HeartyMeatballs
15th Feb 2017, 15:37
They could have easily pulled the route if they weren't selling. So, despite Brexit, Ryanair decided to keep the routes.

I know a few people who have done Gdansk. A good cheap weekend away was the opinion. A good bit of history. Good amount of English spoken. My dear other meatball tried to get us there for the weekend in spring but the times wouldn't quite work out. It was ghastly coming back. Not my idea of a holiday to get up at 0400 to come home but it's on the list for another time.

CCFAIRPORT
15th Feb 2017, 16:51
8 NEW ROUTES FROM PRAGUE

Barcelona
Bologna Marconi
Budapest
Edinburgh
Eindhoven
Madrid
Malaga
Krakow

5 NEW ROUTES FROM WARSAW MODLIN

Eilat Ovda
Karlsruhe Baden
Memmingen
Sevilla
Venice

NorthEasterner
15th Feb 2017, 18:04
The three new polish destinations were announced on 27/04/2016, though they didn't start till the winter season (i.e. post Brexit vote), though yes the recent growth at NCL has been good. Sure I looked recently and nobody doing NCL-PMI this winter?

There are no direct flights to PMI from NCL in the winter, hence why Ryanair or EasyJet could try a 2 weekly service. If no good, then keep it to summer only.

1sky
15th Feb 2017, 18:12
8 NEW ROUTES FROM PRAGUE

Barcelona
Bologna Marconi
Budapest
Edinburgh
Eindhoven
Madrid
Malaga
Krakow

5 NEW ROUTES FROM WARSAW MODLIN

Eilat Ovda
Karlsruhe Baden
Memmingen
Sevilla
Venice

It is getting hard to follow what is an announcement and what is a re-announcement.

racedo
15th Feb 2017, 19:04
Lots of new aircraft that need places to fly to........................... reckon in 2018 they will look to acquire some slots at LHR, just to stir things up a bit.

NorthEasterner
15th Feb 2017, 22:09
Hi anyone know where FR are up to with refurbishing of older aircraft cabins, anyone flown on one, just wondering how they compare to the sky interior.

Cheers

I didn't realise Ryanair were re-furbishing their aircraft... Does anyone know what the refurbishment includes/looks like?

Getting back to Winter 17/18 schedule... Does anyone know when the routes go on sale? Currently not bookable on the ones I've tried so far.

Thanks,
NE

CCFAIRPORT
16th Feb 2017, 12:56
13 NEW ROUTES FROM EDINBURGH

Baden-Baden
Budapest
Carcassonne
Eindhoven
Hamburg
Katowice
Nantes
Prague
Szczecin
Toulouse
Venice Treviso
Valencia
Wroclaw

16th Feb 2017, 23:22
Interesting choices some of those! I wonder if they will carry on doing flights on matching routes from Glasgow?

inOban
17th Feb 2017, 00:12
Interesting, I agree. Of the 13, 4 are already served from EDI by either Jet2 or Easyjet, and 2 from GLA by Wizz or by Ryanair themselves, and another in the summer from Prestwick, I think. I am sceptical about some of these destinations providing enough PAX to fill a 737_800 in the long run.

racedo
18th Feb 2017, 15:32
Ryanair sues Twitter user in US over bomb threat claim - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-sues-twitter-user-in-us-over-bomb-threat-claim-35460652.html)

Make a threat there ain't no hiding place.

Curious why FBI not involved as this is Terrorism and Extortion.

inOban
18th Feb 2017, 16:21
Ryanair announces new Edinburgh routes if air tax is cut - The Scotsman (http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/ryanair-announces-new-edinburgh-routes-if-air-tax-is-cut-1-4368437)

MOL is getting his excuses in early if some of the new routes are dropp

racedo
18th Feb 2017, 17:42
MOL is getting his excuses in early if some of the new routes are dropp

Nope giving them the incentive.

In 2009 Canary Island dropped the APD after seeing PAX numbers drop from 33.8 M to 29.8 Million, Ryanair led the campaign to get rid of the tax with the we will fly more people in.

It 2016 the airports handled 40.2 Million passengers.

Now it would have probably increased anyway but 11 Million more people than in 2009 even suggesting an average spend of €200 on Accomodation, Food and everything else has provided a lot more jobs than an airport tax.

Politicians get a clear choice, tax and we happy to move the aircraft elsewhere.

inOban
18th Feb 2017, 18:28
Yes, but the holiday PAX from Scotland is still overwhelmingly outbound, so these flights are taking money out of the economy. We've all read the stories of the friends who met up in Malaga because it was cheaper than meeting in the UK.

And the ScoGov is legally committed to reducing CO2 emissions from transport, although it shows no signs of delivering on this. Allowing rampant growth in air emissions will mean that the rest of the population will have to use even less.

SWBKCB
19th Feb 2017, 06:46
In 2009 Canary Island dropped the APD after seeing PAX numbers drop from 33.8 M to 29.8 Million, Ryanair led the campaign to get rid of the tax with the we will fly more people in.

It 2016 the airports handled 40.2 Million passengers.

or the increase could be nothing to do with airport tax and everything to do with people felling safer in the Canaries than Egypt, Turkey, Tunisia, etc

racedo
19th Feb 2017, 12:15
or the increase could be nothing to do with airport tax and everything to do with people felling safer in the Canaries than Egypt, Turkey, Tunisia, etc

There is some of that because pax were 35 million in 2015, however the increase in Pax numbers 2009-2015 gave the Govt way more than an airport tax ever could.

Problem with a €10-15 airport tax is that it doesn't create a single job within the airport be it security / shops / handling / coffee shops. Nor does it create a single job in the hotels / resorts / restaurants that need people to come and spend money.

Reckon we spend €1500 when we were there.

I believe Irish Govt had a similar viewpoint on an APD until Aer Lingus / Ryanair made it clear change it and we will add flights. The Pax number increases into Dublin show how valid that strategy was.

As has been proven by small airports again and again across EU, get LCCs like Ryanair flying in and job numbers go up not just in airport but right across the region.
Tourism is the easiest sector of the economy to grow jobs in.

lfc84
19th Feb 2017, 14:29
Anyone reckon FR will ever be seen in IOM ?

willy wombat
20th Feb 2017, 14:07
We discussed Scottish APD recently on the Prestwick thread and as was pointed out by a number of people, the growth at EDI and GLA is so strong at the moment that there would be no point on cutting APD.

deecie
20th Feb 2017, 16:40
Yes, but the holiday PAX from Scotland is still overwhelmingly outbound, so these flights are taking money out of the economy. We've all read the stories of the friends who met up in Malaga because it was cheaper than meeting in the UK.

That's certainly true at Prestwick, but not Edinburgh.

willy wombat
20th Feb 2017, 16:47
Would be interesting to know for each of the Scottish airports what the split is between UK originating pad and non UK originating pax is. I don't know but I'm sure someone on this forum can tell us.

inOban
20th Feb 2017, 18:14
I believe that for most airports outside London, 75% of PAX originate in the UK. Edinburgh, as deecie has reminded us, is the exception, it's less than 60%, I think.

AirportPlanner1
20th Feb 2017, 19:43
Of that 60% at EDI is it known what proportion are inbound tourists from the rest of the UK? I'd have thought it was a fair amount, probably enough to push EDI originating pax to less than 50%?

CCFAIRPORT
22nd Feb 2017, 10:31
3 NEW ROUTES FROM MILANO-BERGAMO

Eilat Ovda (2pw)
Plovdiv (2pw)
Tel Aviv (4pw)

CCFAIRPORT
22nd Feb 2017, 11:02
1 NEW ROUTE FROM LISBON

Karlsruhe-Baden (2pw)

Lon12
22nd Feb 2017, 13:44
And another one from Porto to Naples.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/novidades/170222-a-ryanair-anuncia-o-maior-calendario-de-inverno-2017-no-porto/?market=pt

1sky
23rd Feb 2017, 05:27
What is today's Ryanair press conference in London about?

3 NEW ROUTES FROM MILANO-BERGAMO

Eilat Ovda (2pw)
Plovdiv (2pw)
Tel Aviv (4pw)

Only Plovdiv is new. The rest were previously announced.

jfy1999
23rd Feb 2017, 12:29
3 new routes for Stansted - Aalborg, Oradea and Pardubice

Record winter 2017 London schedule launched (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170223-record-winter-2017-london-schedule-launched/?market=en)

davidjohnson6
23rd Feb 2017, 12:57
Hoorah ! The leopard has not changed its spots after all. Glad to know that Ryanair is still launching routes from London to airports I never knew even existed.

alm1
23rd Feb 2017, 13:23
Hoorah ! The leopard has not changed its spots after all. Glad to know that Ryanair is still launching routes from London to airports I never knew even existed.

They should advertise Prague East instead of Pardubice, it is only 120 km :)

andyhargreaves
25th Feb 2017, 08:20
Flew DUB-LPL on EI-FTW yesterday - shiny and new, having only entered service the day before. Still had the new car smell, great experience.

FlightRadar24 showing the delivery flight FR800W still 😊
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-ftw

ib26uk
25th Feb 2017, 21:27
I flew back from DUB to BHX on Friday on EI-FTV also a new plane having only entered service at least a week ago

Nice interior, slim line seats, liking the new cabin crew uniform for the ladies

CCFAIRPORT
28th Feb 2017, 09:51
20 NEW ROUTES FROM FRANKFURT/MAIN

Athens (daily)
Barcelona (daily)
Brindisi (3pw)
Catania (4pw)
Glasgow (daily)
Gran Canaria (2pw)
Krakow (daily)
Lanzarote (2pw)
Lisbon (daily)
London (2 daily)
Madrid (daily)
Milan (daily)
Manchester (6pw)
Pisa (3pw)
Porto (daily)
Sevilla (3pw)
Tenerife (3pw)
Toulouse (4pw)
Valencia (daily)
Venice (daily)

7 AIRCRAFT BASED FROM WINTER 2017

LAX_LHR
28th Feb 2017, 10:16
I think London is 2xdaily.

davidjohnson6
28th Feb 2017, 11:14
Does that mean long term decline for Ryanair at Hahn ? Will Hahn end up in some sort of zombie state like Prestwick ?

eye2eye5
28th Feb 2017, 13:17
LPL - CPH just announced for Winter 2017, 4 flights per week.

j636
28th Feb 2017, 13:21
And Seville

DublinPole
28th Feb 2017, 21:43
The next chapter of Ryanair Vs Polish State Airports and LOT is now playing out and it's happening pretty much as I predicted earlier in the year.

For previous chapters in this particular story check
http://www.pprune.org/9358330-post5154.html (April)
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/496656-ryanair-9-a-160.html#post9426206 (June)

There is still continued talk about Polish State airports buying a majority stake in Modlin Airport, and recently the Chairman of Modlin Airport has resigned, over what is said to be plans to allow this to happen, to be replaced by an Ex LOT official who is said to be very much pro these plans and dragging his heels over any expansion plans.

In response Ryanair is now going to up domestic routes at Chopin Airport to try and hit LOT where it hurts and Michael O'Leary is now promising to fund the expansion of Modlin Airport itself, because they are (rightly) worried that the whole new chairman and ownership approach is an attempt to stifle growth at Modlin to protect LOT at Chopin Airport.

O'Leary's idea of funding the airport probably has no real prospect of happening, however it is most likely a deliberate publicity stunt to try and call out the excuse that the funding isn't available to expand Modlin which is currently being portrayed as the case.

Ryanair chce finansowa? rozbudow? Modlina - Pasazer.com (http://www.pasazer.com/news/31362/ryanair,chce,finansowac,rozbudowe,modlina.html)

Next chapter of this supposed to be imminent either this week or next to escalate this particular war, no report on how this will be yet but speculation that services will be effected.

positive
1st Mar 2017, 05:29
I'd love to know the airport fees Ryanair will be paying at Frankfurt as we all know MOL is very vocal at not expanding at certain airports due to their airport charges etc. but selective where he has to grow and base planes.

I can't see Frankfurt offering too mush of a discount to LCC maybe I'm wrong?

CCFAIRPORT
1st Mar 2017, 09:52
3 NEW ROUTES FROM MALTA

Belfast
Naples
Riga

Sober Lark
1st Mar 2017, 10:49
I can't see Frankfurt offering too mush of a discount to LCC maybe I'm wrong?

Fraport is a business. 'We make it happen'. - Glad they do.

The possibility that perhaps one day soon we could have FR on the DUB-FRA-DUB route would be marvellous as EI & LH are presently milking it for all its worth.

RAT 5
1st Mar 2017, 11:35
Given what the local unions in CPH created; the same +AF in MRS; the actions of the Germans towards ez crews in SXF, it will be interesting to see what happens in FRA.

DublinPole
1st Mar 2017, 14:39
The next chapter of Ryanair Vs Polish State Airports and LOT is now playing out and it's happening pretty much as I predicted earlier in the year.

For previous chapters in this particular story check
http://www.pprune.org/9358330-post5154.html (April)
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/496656-ryanair-9-a-160.html#post9426206 (June)

There is still continued talk about Polish State airports buying a majority stake in Modlin Airport, and recently the Chairman of Modlin Airport has resigned, over what is said to be plans to allow this to happen, to be replaced by an Ex LOT official who is said to be very much pro these plans and dragging his heels over any expansion plans.

In response Ryanair is now going to up domestic routes at Chopin Airport to try and hit LOT where it hurts and Michael O'Leary is now promising to fund the expansion of Modlin Airport itself, because they are (rightly) worried that the whole new chairman and ownership approach is an attempt to stifle growth at Modlin to protect LOT at Chopin Airport.

O'Leary's idea of funding the airport probably has no real prospect of happening, however it is most likely a deliberate publicity stunt to try and call out the excuse that the funding isn't available to expand Modlin which is currently being portrayed as the case.

Ryanair chce finansowa? rozbudow? Modlina - Pasazer.com (http://www.pasazer.com/news/31362/ryanair,chce,finansowac,rozbudowe,modlina.html)

Next chapter of this supposed to be imminent either this week or next to escalate this particular war, no report on how this will be yet but speculation that services will be effected.

Two Taxiways at the start of the runway at Modlin Airport have been closed as they have been deemed unsafe by the Civil Aviation Authority in Poland. This will only impact aircraft of a size of a B737-800 and some smaller aircraft will not be effected.

This will limit capacity at the airport as aircraft will need to be turned on the runway for taxi purposes and in addition it's said that a full investigation and in-depth inspection of all surfaces will take place shortly.

http://i64.tinypic.com/rwm5px.png

Jorik
1st Mar 2017, 15:29
Thessaloniki (SKG) - Eindhoven (EIN)
Thessaloniki (SKG) - Memmingen (FMM)
Thessaloniki (SKG) - Bratislava (BTS)
Thessaloniki (SKG) - Naples (NAP)

"Their final decision as to whether to start the new connecting flights in 2017 or 2018 will depend on the time schedule for the completion of the expansion of the airport’s runways, which remains a matter of concern"

1sky
1st Mar 2017, 15:51
Most of the recently announced new routes are still not on sale. I can understand a few days but why take 3 weeks? You have just lost all the benefits of the early PR and local newspaper coverage.

Seljuk22
1st Mar 2017, 17:04
Chania:
3 daily ATH, daily SKG, 3 weekly PFO
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170301-e-ryanair-anakoinonei-to-cheimerino-programma-chanion-gia-to-2017/?market=gr)

Malta:
BFS, NAP and RIX each 2 weekly
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170301-record-malta-winter-2017-schedule-launched/?market=mt)

lfc84
1st Mar 2017, 18:00
I wish they would operate from IOM

davidjohnson6
1st Mar 2017, 18:38
lfc - be careful what you wish for. Easyjet already have a bg chunk of the IoM market. If Ryanair operate at IoM as well, the diversity of routes and frequencies may decline - LCCs are a double edged sword, particularly in constrained markets that are dependent on air transport with only a single airport

VickersVicount
1st Mar 2017, 21:44
I think FR particulary can promote growth in a 'constrained' market

AerRyan
1st Mar 2017, 21:58
Only when the peak/full potential of the constrained market isn't being reached. Otherwise its just a sudden dump of route which are scrapped again 2 years later.

racedo
1st Mar 2017, 22:38
I think FR particulary can promote growth in a 'constrained' market

Simple question aside from some volume what does IOM offer Ryanair medium and long term ?

Now have spent time on the island and yup it is a nice place BUT it has a population of 85k.

Better off putting an airport on Isle of Wight pop 138k.

Of course IOM has the better "banking" facilities and low tax regime but really couldn't see it sustaining many flights from other EU destinations.

CCFAIRPORT
2nd Mar 2017, 14:20
3 NEW ROUTES FROM FEZ

Bremen
Memmingen
Sevilla

7 NEW ROUTES FROM MARRAKESH

Budapest
Cologne
Nimes
Krakow (already announced)
Santander
Perpignan
Venice-Treviso

1 NEW ROUTE FROM NADOR

Düsseldorf-Weeze

1 NEW ROUTE FROM RABAT

Eindhoven

1 NEW ROUTE FROM TANGER

Eindhoven

racedo
2nd Mar 2017, 18:34
Starting to feel sorry for the office assistant who keeps having to update the maps where Ryanair fly to.................... eveyyday it changes.

AerRyan
2nd Mar 2017, 18:36
I'd be interested to know how many routes are being dropped.

I'll start,

SNN-SXF

mwm991
2nd Mar 2017, 19:09
Might EIN be their biggest base outwith DUB and STN?

AerRyan
2nd Mar 2017, 19:13
Not even in the top 15,

Top 3 are

Stansted,
Dublin
Milan Bergamo

racedo
2nd Mar 2017, 19:31
I'd be interested to know how many routes are being dropped.

Doutbful many as they have lots of aircraft to place.

CCFAIRPORT
3rd Mar 2017, 09:22
I checked the winter scheduled for Poznan , no doubt now, POZ is a new FR base.
Flight departs at 0700 (VDA, STN)
Or back at 2135 (LPL) (departure for LPL flight 1640)

inOban
3rd Mar 2017, 10:35
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170303-feb-traffic-grows-10-to-8-2m-customers/?market=en)
And the routes from Scotland announced on 16 Feb are now loaded.

sunday8pm
3rd Mar 2017, 13:07
Interesting regarding IOM. I've wondered why Ryanair doesn't take on Flybe and BA on the UK to Jersey routes. The runway at JER is 1,700m - is it too short?

nwoody2001
3rd Mar 2017, 14:49
Does anyone know when the BHX/EMA (General Midlands) Winter Schedule will be launched???

willy wombat
3rd Mar 2017, 17:00
sunday8pm - you have to have a route licence issued by the Jersey authorities to operate into Jersey. If FR applied you can assume that the incumbents would object and the authorities would then have to decide whether licensing FR might lead to the loss of BA or BE (I over simplify but you get the idea).

Seljuk22
3rd Mar 2017, 17:42
SXF-SNN cancelled but they will start SXF-Kerry

SXF-Rzeszow cancelled as well in winter

FMM might be also a new base as STN flight will be operating in the morning from FMM

CCFAIRPORT
3rd Mar 2017, 17:52
TFS as well from FMM departs at 0645 from FMM

Lon12
3rd Mar 2017, 21:05
All new routes announced so far are available to see here..... just timetable.

https://www.amadeus.net/tools/timetables

1sky
4th Mar 2017, 04:58
All new routes announced so far are available to see here..... just timetable.

https://www.amadeus.net/tools/timetables

Plenty of announced routes don't seem to be available there.

owenc
5th Mar 2017, 13:56
What is Ryanairs onbord exchange rate, in terms of paying for the menu?

AerRyan
5th Mar 2017, 14:07
In terms of Pounds to Euro?

It's sh*t if you want the short answer.

Take Tea/Coffee as an example.

£2.70 or €3.00

owenc
5th Mar 2017, 14:37
It's alright. I just looked on their menu and seen they had a 6 euro snackbox but I only had £5.. anyway, got extra coins.

Seljuk22
6th Mar 2017, 17:38
Not sure if complete but at least a nice overview for the upcoming winter season
Ryanair W17 new routes as of 05MAR17 :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/271685/ryanair-w17-new-routes-as-of-05mar17/)

inOban
6th Mar 2017, 17:57
Am I right in thinking that routes are listed under the base from which the rotation begins? Ie Wroclaw Edinburgh starts from Wroclaw, but Edinburgh Nantes from Edinburgh? If so it is a surprising since I thought that MOL was threatening to base his planes outside the UK.

AerRyan
6th Mar 2017, 17:58
Have you just ignored everything that has been said on PPRuNe about MOL doing exactly not that?

inOban
6th Mar 2017, 18:06
I was trying and failing to be ironic. Yet again he's doing the opposite of what he said. Just as he is opening new routes to countryside airports when he said he was moving into main hubs.

AerRyan
6th Mar 2017, 18:09
Breaking news: "MOL DOESNT KEEP HIS WORD"

Not like he's ever done that before ;)

HeartyMeatballs
6th Mar 2017, 18:32
He's pulling all of his aircraft out of the UK in 2019.

Perhaps it's time our airlines emblazon 'BYE BYE RYANAIR' on their side?

B712
6th Mar 2017, 18:35
Anyone have word from company about FR1024/RYR84WH?

Word is an ill passenger, diverted to STN.

- Regards :D

racedo
6th Mar 2017, 18:43
If so it is a surprising since I thought that MOL was threatening to base his planes outsi mde the UK.

He said there would be less growth in the UK in new routes and less investment by Ryanair. You are aware that Ryanair and Michael O'Leary are not one and the same to be used interchangeably..

Then again 9 months after Brexit the UK Govt has still not invoked Article 50 to leave so nobody is aware of real consequences yet.

racedo
6th Mar 2017, 18:44
Perhaps it's time our airlines emblazon 'BYE BYE RYANAIR' on their side?

So which British owned ones would that be................ Flybe or Stobart.

inOban
6th Mar 2017, 20:00
By the way, of the new S17 routes from EDI, Porto is all year round. Bordeaux is dropped for W17, effectively replaced by Toulouse, I suppose.

HeartyMeatballs
7th Mar 2017, 05:30
How about easyJet for a start saying as they had BYE BYE EasyJet (couldn't even get it right neither, its easyJet not EasyJet)? Monarch? British Airways? Jet2?

paully
7th Mar 2017, 07:56
Racedo....sorry but in the minds of most people, and that includes opinion formers, O`Leary and Ryanair really are inseparable and in fact, one and the same. In this case no bad thing, that single minded but tricky attitude has in no small part, made the company what it is today. But every time he speaks, people take note and the above applies

Jorik
7th Mar 2017, 08:50
MOL press conference at AMS Schiphol today. His STA is 14:20. Probably to release FR schedule for W17/18 for the Netherlands with all the new routes from EIN (Already announced). Hopefully some new routes from AMS as well.... (only DUB and AGP now)

Jorik
7th Mar 2017, 13:27
MOL just announced a few new routes from Eindhoven (EIN) for W17/18:

Eindhoven (EIN) - Aarhus (AAR)
Eindhoven (EIN) - Oradea (OMR)

New (but already annouced):
Eindhoven (EIN) - Edinburgh (EDI)
Eindhoven (EIN) - Milan-Malpensa (MXP)
Eindhoven (EIN) - Prague (PRG)
Eindhoven (EIN) - Rabat (RBA)
Eindhoven (EIN) - Tangier (TNG)
Eindhoven (EIN) - Thessaloniki (SKG)
Eindhoven (EIN) - Valencia (VLC)

Jorik
7th Mar 2017, 13:54
- Ryanair very satisfied with EIN route performance, but they hope the noise restrictions with be reduced.

- They are looking to get more slots at AMS, so they can add flights and base aircraft at Schiphol. MOL thinks that the Dutch government is against a growing FR at AMS, because it will harm KLM.

- AMS-AGP will continue to operate in W17/18.

- AMS is a very interesting airport for the airline with 98% (!!!) average load factor on the AMS-DUB route.

- If FR can't obtain more slots at AMS, they will be looking at Lelystad Airport

- He also, unsurprisingly, made fun of Transavia.

racedo
7th Mar 2017, 15:08
sorry but in the minds of most people, and that includes opinion formers, O`Leary and Ryanair really are inseparable and in fact, one and the same. In this case no bad thing, that single minded but tricky attitude has in no small part, made the company what it is today. But every time he speaks, people take note and the above applies

Most people know the difference between him and the airline.

racedo
7th Mar 2017, 15:10
- They are looking to get more slots at AMS, so they can add flights and base aircraft at Schiphol. MOL thinks that the Dutch government is against a growing FR at AMS, because it will harm KLM.

That is kinda funny when the real people harming it are a couple of hundred KMs south.

Seljuk22
7th Mar 2017, 17:38
9 new routes from Naples
Bologna (daily), Brussels (CRL) (3 wkly), Budapest (3 wkly), Dublin (2 wkly) Krakow (2 wkly), Malta (2 wkly), Porto (2 wkly), Thessaloniki (2 wkly) & Wroclaw (2 wkly)
http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170307-record-naples-w-2017-schedule-launched/?market=en

1sky
7th Mar 2017, 19:02
I am a bit confused by Ryanair's Naples announcement:

On 1 December 2016, they announced a Naples base with 3 based aircraft / 1 million customers per year:
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/novita/161201-ryanair-lancia-le-tariffe-low-cost-a-napoli-base-n-16/?market=it)

Today they announced the Naples winter 2017-2018 scheduled with 2 based aircraft / 1.7 million customers per year:
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170307-record-naples-w-2017-schedule-launched/?market=en)

j636
8th Mar 2017, 11:36
Looks like FR continue to cut capacity in BRU.

‪http://www.luchtzak.be/airlines/ryanair/continues-reduce-flights-brussels-airport-winter-2017-2018/

Noxegon
8th Mar 2017, 17:45
AMS is a very interesting airport for the airline with 98% (!!!) average load factor on the AMS-DUB route.

I'm fascinated by this. It only goes to show that EI has been milking Irish passengers for years. In a relatively short period we've gone from 5 daily services (EI only) up to 13 daily (5 EI, 4 FR, 4 KL). If they're managing 98% LF... holy gods.

eu01
8th Mar 2017, 18:43
There are many winners, but I've found at least one loser too, it's Finland. "Suomi" didn't get any new routes for winter and two last existing routes will be probably ditched as well. The amount of people living in the southern part of this Nordic country is roughly the size of the Republic of Ireland population, but the amount of flights is completely incomparable. I'm sure a serious disagreement on principles exists, could there be any other explanation?

AerRyan
8th Mar 2017, 20:00
Derry, Brussels, Shannon, Knock, Cork, and many more all down too.

Lots of losers, lots of winners.

Jorik
8th Mar 2017, 21:30
I'm fascinated by this. It only goes to show that EI has been milking Irish passengers for years. In a relatively short period we've gone from 5 daily services (EI only) up to 13 daily (5 EI, 4 FR, 4 KL). If they're managing 98% LF... holy gods.

KL have only just started on the AMS-DUB route, so I think the 98% load factor is over the period that only EI and FR competed on the route. Still an insane result for Ryanair... FR's prices on the route have gone up significantly. I have flown 4 returns on the AMS-DUB route (3 FR, 1 EI). My FR return prices: €19.98, €19.98 and €30.60. Cheapest AMS-DUB-AMS return with FR now: €59.98.....

racedo
8th Mar 2017, 23:55
My FR return prices: €19.98, €19.98 and €30.60. Cheapest AMS-DUB-AMS return with FR now: €59.98.....

So have you succumbed to some Irish persons wiles then and need to make regular visits.
LOL

EI-A330-300
9th Mar 2017, 00:09

Context, the majority of passengers EI carried were transit to/from AMS, easily north of 70% at both ends. Nobody ever really catered for O&D.

FR's prices on the route have gone up significantly. I have flown 4 returns on the AMS-DUB route (3 FR, 1 EI). My FR return prices: €19.98, €19.98 and €30.60. Cheapest AMS-DUB-AMS return with FR now: €59.98.....

Indeed unlike DUB/BRU where fares are more less the same as when they launched and FR are retracting and EI are more less flat since FR launch.

Noxegon
9th Mar 2017, 04:47
Context, the majority of passengers EI carried were transit to/from AMS, easily north of 70% at both ends.

That may be but it doesn't take away from the fact that I had to pay €400 return to do Amsterdam at one point (and I *did* have flexible dates – that was the cheapest I could get in a week long period). Seems like the market is far bigger than was realised.

eu01
10th Mar 2017, 18:52
Ryanair is set to enter the Ukrainian market, the announcement is scheduled for next week. Two airports there: Lviv (Lemberg) and Kiev Zhuliany, quite a few routes from Central and Western Europe. Among the first rumoured is a route Eindhoven/Kiev.

eu01
13th Mar 2017, 19:19
So now i have one question
Is Poznan about to become a new RYANAIR base ?
Some time has passed since, but finally the press conference in Poznan will be held next Thursday.

Jorik
14th Mar 2017, 23:02
Ryanair is set to enter the Ukrainian market, the announcement is scheduled for next week. Two airports there: Lviv (Lemberg) and Kiev Zhuliany, quite a few routes from Central and Western Europe. Among the first rumoured is a route Eindhoven/Kiev.

Press conference will be held tomorrow (Wednesday). LVO and IEV airport codes were in the Dutch version of the FR website for a while.. which is probabaly where the EIN-IEV rumour comes from. We'll find out tomorrow.

Jorik
15th Mar 2017, 09:55
Ryanair will start operating to and from Ukraine: Lviv and Kiev

NEW ROUTES:
✈ Kiev-Boryspil (KBP) – London-Stansted (STN)
✈ Kiev-Boryspil (KBP) – Stockholm-Skavsta (NYO)
✈ Kiev-Boryspil (KBP) – Manchester (MAN)
✈ Kiev-Boryspil (KBP) – Eindhoven (EIN)

✈ Lviv (LWO) – Eindhoven (EIN)
✈ Lviv (LWO) – London-Stansted (STN)
✈ Lviv (LWO) – Budapest (BUD)
✈ Lviv (LWO) – Wroclaw (WRO)
✈ Lviv (LWO) – Krakow (KRK)
✈ Lviv (LWO) – Berlin-Schonefeld (SXF)
✈ Lviv (LWO) – Memmingen (FMM)

davidjohnson6
15th Mar 2017, 10:38
Will Lviv become the new stag territory for Brits, replacing Amsterdam or Prague ? Really hope not - Lviv in particular is a lovely city

jdcg
15th Mar 2017, 11:30
Couldn't agree more. It's a delightful city.
Keep those stags away!!

AerRyan
15th Mar 2017, 14:19
You may be adding 1+1 together and getting 1000 there.

Sober Lark
15th Mar 2017, 14:50
I thought my map skills in geography was pretty good until practically every Ryanair press release these days has me thinking 'where the hell is that?'

racedo
15th Mar 2017, 15:24
I thought my map skills in geography was pretty good until practically every Ryanair press release these days has me thinking 'where the hell is that?'

Wonder will they be doing routes in Russia in conjunction with Russian Govt next year for WC2018.

Bearing in first game could be St Petersbrug, next in Sochi and next in Kazan it means you will have thousands of fans travelling and Rail is 32 hrs, car is 2 days etc

RAT 5
15th Mar 2017, 17:49
Will Lviv become the new stag territory for Brits, replacing Amsterdam or Prague ? Really hope not - Lviv in particular is a lovely city

Couldn't agree more. It's a delightful city.
Keep those stags away!!

Same is true of the previous 2. Why not spread the load and give AMS & PRG a rest. They deserve it.

Sober Lark
16th Mar 2017, 20:40
Lviv sounds interesting RAT5. Wish I could pronounce it. I remember a group of tourists I was with in Dublin,( Dun Laoghaire to be precise) looking out across Dublin bay to Howth and thinking it was the coast of France. Glad I passed no comment as Lviv now bites me. Is it pronounced 'Live'?

inOban
16th Mar 2017, 20:56
I suspect that there are several different pronunciations because it's been in several different countries over the past hundred years. Certainly is was in Poland before the war. I think it's pronounced levoof, but I'm sure Google will tell you.

racedo
16th Mar 2017, 22:33
Lviv was indeed part of Poland before the Ukrainians under Bandera slaughtered 100,000 plus Poles in conjunction with the Nazi's. His statue now adorns the city as some kind of "hero" and has a main street named after him by city Government who glorifies him.

A place I fully intend to avoid visiting.

TBSC
17th Mar 2017, 04:28
If you wish to avoid visiting all places where the government is doing stupid things then you have to start avoiding Hungary, Poland, the States ... and the UK as well.

racedo
18th Mar 2017, 00:50
If you wish to avoid visiting all places where the government is doing stupid things then you have to start avoiding Hungary, Poland, the States ... and the UK as well.

Govts do stupid things but when the people who live there venerate a Nazi who engaged in genocide then it is very different.
Would you go to Linz if they celebrated Adolf ?

davidjohnson6
18th Mar 2017, 01:14
Much as I sympathise with racedo on this (after reading up on what happened, I now have rather different feelings about my previous trip to Lviv given my personal background), could I very respectfully suggest trying to keep the discussion in this thread to Ryanair, and move discussion of genocide to a separate thread ? There genuinely is a place for such a discussion, but this thread really doesn't seem the right place.

For the record, I have chosen very deliberately to keep well away from Linz and Nuremberg

TBSC
18th Mar 2017, 07:17
Govts do stupid things but when the people who live there venerate a Nazi who engaged in genocide then it is very different.
Would you go to Linz if they celebrated Adolf ?
Last OT: people with limited mental capability "venerate" clowns like Trump or Orban (while only 20% of the population voted for the latter) but that does not make NY or Budapest a bad place on an average Friday morning. Ukraines have not very much national heroes and even if he's a disgusting one it's still slightly better for all of us than if they'd venerate Putin.

Back to the topic: LWO is a challenging airport in winter season for the frequent low visibility vs. **** ILS and their (not quite) world famous snow cleaning techniques (10-10m ploughed from the centerline makes a perfectly clear runway for them).

Seljuk22
18th Mar 2017, 10:32
Any one knows are has a good link to a source where I can find out how many aircrafts are based at each FR base in the next summer?

Right now they have a fleet of 377 B737-800

CCFAIRPORT
21st Mar 2017, 13:43
1 NEW ROUTE FROM MEMMINGEN

Stockholm/Skavsta (2pw)

Begins October 2017

racedo
21st Mar 2017, 14:22
Ryanair website and app to close for eight hours - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-website-and-app-to-close-for-eight-hours-35551571.html)

So a big sale on Thursday then as a way of getting people to visit.

Seljuk22
21st Mar 2017, 17:07
POZ new base from winter with one based aircraft
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170316-new-poznan-base-announced/?market=en)

FMM new base from winter with one based aircraft
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/nachrichten/170321-ryanair-eroffnet-neue-basis-in-munchen-memmingen-86-basis-insgesamt/?market=de)

17 new routes from FRA will start 4th September (instead of late October)
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/nachrichten/170321-ryanair-startet-winterflugplan-2017-2018-fur-frankfurt-am-main-2-monate-fruher-aufgrund-von-rekordnachfrage/?market=de)

alserire
21st Mar 2017, 19:57
POZ new base from winter with one based aircraft
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170316-new-poznan-base-announced/?market=en)

FMM new base from winter with one based aircraft
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/nachrichten/170321-ryanair-eroffnet-neue-basis-in-munchen-memmingen-86-basis-insgesamt/?market=de)

17 new routes from FRA will start 4th September (instead of late October)
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/nachrichten/170321-ryanair-startet-winterflugplan-2017-2018-fur-frankfurt-am-main-2-monate-fruher-aufgrund-von-rekordnachfrage/?market=de)

I thought O'Leary always said he would avoid FRA.

25 minute turnarounds will surely be a major difficulty there.

racedo
21st Mar 2017, 20:08
450th 737-800 delivered........................ pretty much a full years production.......

13 of the 50 due this year delivered

Now have 380 738's in service.

LandingConfig
22nd Mar 2017, 07:33
I thought O'Leary always said he would avoid FRA.

25 minute turnarounds will surely be a major difficulty there.

Why would that be?

CCFAIRPORT
22nd Mar 2017, 09:09
The taxiway is very long in FRA. I m CC and i know in some airports such as BCN AMS .... the taxiway is around 8-10 min . around 20 min to join the gate and back to the runway. so 25 minus 20 = 5 minutes left to disembark, cleaning, boarding ...... JUST IMPOSSIBLE but maybe FR includes in the flight time the long taxiway in FRA

Sholto Douglas
22nd Mar 2017, 09:22
I was under the impression that airlines, at least currently, work on "on stand/off stand" for scheduling flight timings.

On that basis then 25 minutes is quite feasible. I do however agree that flight times may need to be "padded" to allow for extra time spent between runway and stand.

LandingConfig
22nd Mar 2017, 09:25
The taxiway is very long in FRA. I m CC and i know in some airports such as BCN AMS .... the taxiway is around 8-10 min . around 20 min to join the gate and back to the runway. so 25 minus 20 = 5 minutes left to disembark, cleaning, boarding ...... JUST IMPOSSIBLE but maybe FR includes in the flight time the long taxiway in FRA

Turnaround is chocks on to chocks off, taxi time is not relevant. Block times will be longer to allow for longer taxi.

EZYPZY
22nd Mar 2017, 11:19
On the subject of turnaround times, I've noticed many of FR's new TLV routes have turn times of 25 - 30 minutes. Nothing unusual for FR, however with other LCCs at TLV, including EZY and W6, having turn times of 50 - 55 minutes (presumably due to additional security requirements at Ben Gurion). Why do Ryanair feel they can turn aircraft round faster than the other airlines?

The96er
22nd Mar 2017, 12:18
On the subject of turnaround times, I've noticed many of FR's new TLV routes have turn times of 25 - 30 minutes. Nothing unusual for FR, however with other LCCs at TLV, including EZY and W6, having turn times of 50 - 55 minutes (presumably due to additional security requirements at Ben Gurion). Why do Ryanair feel they can turn aircraft round faster than the other airlines?

The added Turn times are unlikely to be anything to do with Security as the passengers should be clear of Security by then, the much bigger issue is the sheer amount of Cabin baggage that the TLV flights generate. I'm sure RYR will find this out soon.

racedo
22nd Mar 2017, 13:35
The added Turn times are unlikely to be anything to do with Security as the passengers should be clear of Security by then, the much bigger issue is the sheer amount of Cabin baggage that the TLV flights generate. I'm sure RYR will find this out soon.

Room for 90 bags inside, everything else goes in the hold.
FR have said months ago that people abusing 2nd bag rule so they will implement penalties if it continues.

alserire
22nd Mar 2017, 20:31
Well what I see is a departure time for most Ryanair flights of 25-30 minutes after arrival.

Cannot see how they'll manage that in FRA with the distances that have to be traveled and the sheer volume of traffic you can get there.

Boeing737-8
22nd Mar 2017, 20:43
When he is on about the bags on the TLV flight I think he meant the hold. Some passengers will have 5 cases to themselves and this is very common from both London airports.

racedo
22nd Mar 2017, 20:48
When he is on about the bags on the TLV flight I think he meant the hold. Some passengers will have 5 cases to themselves and this is very common from both London airports.

Then airport staff have got to get them into hold PDQ.

Sholto Douglas
22nd Mar 2017, 21:42
Well what I see is a departure time for most Ryanair flights of 25-30 minutes after arrival.

Cannot see how they'll manage that in FRA with the distances that have to be traveled and the sheer volume of traffic you can get there.

You are missing the point that has been made by various people. Times quoted are from the aircraft arriving on stand, and setting the parking brake, to the time the brakes are released in readiness for pushback. They are not the landing and airborne times.

Flight times between Manchester and Heathrow have been extended by 10-15 minutes over the last few decades to allow for airfield and enroute holding delays.

It is therefore possible, presuming that the ground handlers are quick enough, for a 20-30 minute turnaround to be attained. Time will tell whether it is realistically feasible.

TBSC
23rd Mar 2017, 01:17
It's not. Usually they can't keep 50 mins either.

barrymah
23rd Mar 2017, 10:47
I did a MRS-FRA return recently with Lufthansa. MRS was about 45 minutes in/out but we waited and waited and waited on a wet Wednesday afternoon for the return... absolutely no information, I counted 10 staff. Aircraft in boonedocks.....

If O'Leary can reduces staffing, terminal gate location then anything around 30 mins will be fantastic.

TBSC
31st Mar 2017, 08:11
Ryanair Sun, a separate charter unit with 5 a/c will start operation from Poland in 2018.

https://careers.ryanair.com/ryanair-sun/

racedo
31st Mar 2017, 20:53
Intersting one and guess they may use some of their older 738's to service this market.

easyflyer83
1st Apr 2017, 15:01
30 minute turns in TLV are near on impossible.... trust me.

Lots of cabin baggage
Lots of hold baggage
Pax slow to settle in
Cabins very messy
Generally there can be cultural issues and challenges which can slow things down.

CCFAIRPORT
2nd Apr 2017, 11:06
I m CC for EZS and on our flight to TLV we have a long tuenaround and sometines it s not enough .... cabin very very very dirty ... pb with bags .....

racedo
2nd Apr 2017, 12:34
30 minute turns in TLV are near on impossible.... trust me.

Lots of cabin baggage
Lots of hold baggage
Pax slow to settle in
Cabins very messy
Generally there can be cultural issues and challenges which can slow things down.

You charge your fares appropriately to counter this.
Which is why I never expect to see a £9.99 to TLV.

easyflyer83
3rd Apr 2017, 05:11
Charge whatever you like, you still ain't turning that aircraft around in 30 minutes.

compton3bravo
3rd Apr 2017, 07:31
What I have seen it takes some passengers thirty minutes to disembark on a TLV. No way 30 minute turnarounds.

HeartyMeatballs
3rd Apr 2017, 11:33
Ryanair also allow a second cabin bag.

Two cabin bags, hats, shopping, 189 passengers and the boarding will be complete carnage particularly if the aircraft isn't equipped with the new Sky interior which does seem better for bags.

Good luck getting that thing turned around in less than an hour.

Jamie2k9
3rd Apr 2017, 12:46
Lots of cabin baggage
Lots of hold baggage
Pax slow to settle in
Cabins very messy

Relevance, Israeli people will quickly learn how FR operate.

30 minutes is cutting it fine but I'm sure there will be a few more minutes at the end of the flight time, not looked at how tight the schedule is.

Ryanair also allow a second cabin bag.

For now, make the most of it.

Mr A Tis
6th Apr 2017, 14:54
Am I correct in saying that Ryanair are going to introduce interlining between Ryanair flights? If so, could be a game changer in the LCC market.

LAX_LHR
6th Apr 2017, 14:57
It would t be a game changer in the LCC market?

Vueling, Eurowings and Norwegian all do it, no doubt others will too?

6th Apr 2017, 16:12
Apparently they are going to trial it in Rome, which of all the major bases in their network is the last place I would have picked for a trial.

Regarding the flights to Tel Aviv, have they not been flying to Eilat for a while now? While the passengers are going to include fewer Israelis than Tel Aviv, they will still have become acquainted with Israeli security procedures.

toledoashley
6th Apr 2017, 17:58
I think this really puts the pressure on easyjet, especially in some of their secondary markets.

Jamie2k9
6th Apr 2017, 20:25
Others parts of today's announcement:

Connecting flights – on Ryanair’s network, then on other airlines
Even lower airfares and more of them
New bases (Frankfurt Main, Naples) and improved schedules
“My Ryanair” Phase 2 – improved profile, offers and incentives
“Plus” products improved– Regular, Plus, Flexi-Plus and Family Plus
Ryanair Holidays rolling out across all markets – 3,4,5 star hotels
Ryanair Rooms – more partners and more choice
Amazon of Travel – New search function
Into the Blue – bespoke travel content in the app in 5 languages
Express booking – pre-saved preferences for faster bookings (3 clicks)
Auto check-in – for both flights once return seats are booked

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170406-ryanair-unveils-2017-18-year-4-always-getting-better-plan/?market=en#sthash.Kxyf04Jj.dpuf)

racedo
6th Apr 2017, 20:39
Apparently they are going to trial it in Rome, which of all the major bases in their network is the last place I would have picked for a trial.

Think you fail to see the contrariness of Ryanair in doing it.

Why do it at a base where it will work and every body will know it will work with a pat on the back and huge bonuses for everybody involved.

Pick the most difficult, awkward place with loads of problems and delays and get it done there.

Iron you bugs out there and roll it out from there.

Which part of "you learn more from failure than from a planned easy success" is difficult to understand.

Sadly the US/UK model of shortermism in getting stuff done is the one lauded as the one to follow, funny how really successful companys over 25 years ignore this completely and plan it accordingly.

AirportPlanner1
6th Apr 2017, 21:20
racedo, that was to be my point exactly. If it will work in Rome, it will work anywhere

racedo
6th Apr 2017, 22:33
sorry mate for nicking your best lines :(

Rowan89
8th Apr 2017, 16:20
I just made a quick overview of the currently assigned based aircraft for the upcoming winter season. It is most likely not complete, since the total number of based aircraft is 333. Please let me know if I've missed a base. The data is based on the first full week of November.

1. STN (35)
2. DUB (25)
3. BGY (14)
4. BCN, CRL, MAD (13)
7. SXF (9)
8. CIA (8)
9. FRA, MAN, OPO (7)
12. AGP, BLQ, TFS (6)
15. ATH, EDI, EIN, KRK, PSA (5)
20. ALC, BRU, CGN, EMA, HHN, LBA, LIS, LPA, MXP, VLC, WMI (4)
31. ACE, BHX, BRS, BUD, LPL, LTN, MLA, NRN, NYO, OTP, PMI, PMO, RAK, SOF, SVQ, WRO (3)
47. BFS, BRI, CAG, CTA, FCO, FEZ, GDN, HAM, KUN, NUE, PRG, SKG, SNN, TPS, VNO (2)
62. BRE, BTS, CHQ, FKB, FMM, GLA, GOT, GRO, NAP, ORK, PDL, PFO, PIK, POZ, PSR, SCQ, TSR (1)

Seljuk22
9th Apr 2017, 06:05
Many thanks, sounds plausible as some southern european bases have less based aircrafts in winter compared to summer.

Expected BTS, FKB and NAP to have at least 2 based a/c

GRO was one of their biggest bases and now down to 1.

Missing: Faro + maybe summer only bases: Bournemouth, Brindisi, Corfu, Ibiza, Lamezia Terme, Zadar

Bases in Spain, Portugal, Morocco and Eastern Europe get more aircrafts, less in UK (EMA, LPL, BRS, LTN) and in Germany we see a shifting from smaller airports (NRN, HHN, BRE) to bigger ones (CGN, FRA, HAM)

LAX_LHR
9th Apr 2017, 06:32
I believe MAN is 9 based in summer, 8 based in winter.

ssflyer
9th Apr 2017, 16:41
And, if previous years are anything to go by,a shed load parked up for the winter at BHX

bhx bod
9th Apr 2017, 16:47
That did not happen in the winter this time round.
In fact there were more Monarch aircraft on the ground than any other airlines'.
Mostly there for maintenance,but some did not move for days on end!!

racedo
9th Apr 2017, 16:51
And, if previous years are anything to go by,a shed load parked up for the winter at BHX

No Aircraft are parked up for the winter, they maybe be parked up for a week or three and then rotated back into live fleet but there are no leave for month or 3.
Every airframe will be used during winter just not as intensive as in summer.

Seljuk22
17th Apr 2017, 08:40
Below is my expectation for summer 2017 + outlook for winter 2017/2018

Current fleet (end of March 2017): 383 B738
Bases: 84

Stansted aprox. 40
Dublin aprox. 32
Bergamo 14
Barcelona 13
Madrid 13
Charleroi 13
Berlin 9
Manchester 9
Porto 9
Alicante 9
East Midlands 9
Malaga 8
Mallorca 7
Bologna 7
Edinburgh 7
Pisa 7
Rom (Ciampino) 7
Weeze 6 (winter: 4)
Hahn 5 (winter: 4)
Brussels 5 (winter: 4)
Faro 5
Athens 4 (winter: 5)
Lisbon 4
Palermo 4
Tenerife 4 (winter: 6)
Gran Canaria 4
Valencia 4
Malta 4
Birmingham 4
Bristol 4
Liverpool 4
Gerona 4
Luton 4
Stockholm (Skavsta) 4
Bucharest 3
Sofia 3
Cologne 3 (winter: 4)
Warsaw (Modlin) 3 (winter: 4)
Krakow 3 (winter: 5)
Catania 3
Eindhoven 3 (winter: 5)
Budapest 3
Wroclaw 3
Lanzarote 3
Leeds 3 (winter: 4)
Prestwick 3
Frankfurt 2 (September: 7)
Naples 2
Nuremberg 2
Hamburg 2
Belfast 2
Prague 2
Vilnius 2
Bratislava 2
Milan (Malpensa) 2 (winter: 4)
Thessaloniki 2
Gdansk 2
Marrakech 2 (winter: 3)
Rome (Fiumicino) 2
Karlsruhe 2
Paphos 2
Bari 2
Seville 2 (winter: 3)
Kaunas 2
Trapani 2
Cagliari 2
Bremen 2
Glasgow 2
Shannon 2
Cork 2
Timisoara 1
Santiago de Compostela 1
Ibiza 1
Corfu 1
Gothenborg 1
Ponta Delgada 1
Lamezia Terme 1
Chania 1
Zadar 1
Fez 1 (winter: 2)
Brindisi 1
Alghero 1
Pescara 1
Bournemouth 1

New bases:
Memmingen 1 (winter)
Poznan 1 (winter)

During high summer season (June until end of August) additional aircrafts could be based at ALC, AGP, PMI, FAO or PSA.
Starting September FRA and STN will get new routes so aircrafts from those "sun bases" might allocate to this airports.
I do not see any night stop in MRS like the years before.

Outlook (page 17):
https://investor.ryanair.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Ryanair-Q3-Results-Presentation.pdf

427 aircrafts until end of 1st quarter 2018 (31st March 2018) -> +44 aircrafts compared to the current 383. Growth will take place in Spain, Portugal, Morocco + Eastern Europe (against Wizz Air).

Is there any operational reason why FUE is not a base?

Lon12
17th Apr 2017, 10:32
Valencia VLC will have 4 planes in 13 days, then (4 in summer/4 in winter) 👍

PPRuNeUser0176
17th Apr 2017, 12:03
DUB should be up at 32 over the summer, 25-26 is just winter size mostly. Would also suspect STN may hit 40 over the summer.

Callum Paterson
18th Apr 2017, 11:55
GLA has two aircraft based this summer.

sinbad73
18th Apr 2017, 12:46
GLA has two aircraft based this summer.

Has that ever officially been announced?

Seljuk22
18th Apr 2017, 16:15
Yes, checked for GLA and there are two based based on timetable.

Thanks for the help, list updated - 384 aircrafts mapped to the bases

davidjohnson6
20th Apr 2017, 10:52
I notice that Norwegian seem to be pretty active announcing new long haul routes from Europe
I know Ryanair do not have any 787s but I am surprised that after all the noise about long haul 10 years ago, Ryanair seem to be silent right now, particularly with the possibility of narrow body aircraft achieving transatlantic flights. At the least I would have expected maybe some noise about aircraft orders by now

Anyone know whether Ryanair intend to take a share of the LCC long haul market ?

racedo
20th Apr 2017, 18:15
I notice that Norwegian seem to be pretty active announcing new long haul routes from Europe
I know Ryanair do not have any 787s but I am surprised that after all the noise about long haul 10 years ago, Ryanair seem to be silent right now, particularly with the possibility of narrow body aircraft achieving transatlantic flights. At the least I would have expected maybe some noise about aircraft orders by now

Anyone know whether Ryanair intend to take a share of the LCC long haul market ?

Ryanair are "sticking to the knitting" to coin the old phrase and being very clever about doing it.

Companys that take their eye off the ball and diversify into areas they claim they understand but don't tend to, losing shed loads of investors money while doing it.

A time will come when they do but at the moment the price war will be between Norwegian, IAG/AA, AF/KLM/Delta across North Atlantic.

Better to sit and watch them slug it out for a couple of years and loses millions while being ready to pick up the pieces and aircraft later on when everybody has fought themselves to a standstill and the bank accounts are all empty. Then when you enter nobody can fight you.

canberra97
20th Apr 2017, 18:26
I was under the impression that Michael O'Leary has recently made it clear that he no longer has any transatlantic ambitions and he will putting the idea to bed. I know he has made several comments regarding transatlantic over the years but I think his last statement is genuine and I don't think we're actually see,Ryanair or any O'Leary offshoot going in that direction and instead concentrate on what it's best at.

toledoashley
20th Apr 2017, 18:36
Short haul is where it is at for Ryanair, at least with their own aircraft. They could in theory have a crack at what Norwegian are doing on the Eastern seaboard if they wanted to with the MAX.

It should be noted that Ryanair are only using the Norwegian API, just as any other 'travel agent', and using their new addition of connecting flights to work with their feed. Norwegian wont be selling onward connections on their platform for Ryanair flights.

inOban
20th Apr 2017, 18:54
I think that Norwegian are increasingly focusing on longhaul. From EDI this winter they've dropped Malaga and Tenerife, and Stockholm only runs until December 1st. That leaves Oslo, to be operated by the TA plane, and CPH. I am not sure whether yields were too low, given the competition, or whether they were deliberately trying not to compete with FR, if they were going to use them as a feeder (but if so, why keep CPH?)

heberzub
21st Apr 2017, 14:13
what about KBP? I saw the news about 4 new routes to Ukraine.

Mallorcaguy
21st Apr 2017, 17:55
Lviv (LWO) starts in September and Kyiv (KBP) in October to and from STN and MAN respectively, Odessa and Kharkiv have not been given a start date as yet.

davidjohnson6
21st Apr 2017, 18:17
Mallorcaguy - has there been any mention in the Ukrainian press about opening routes to Odessa nd Kharkiv ? I had a look on Google but couldn't see anything - would be keen if you could post any links

I could see Odessa possibly working but even by Ryanair's open-minded standards, Kharkiv seems perhaps a bit exotic for FR.

AirportPlanner1
21st Apr 2017, 22:08
Is it transatlantic that's ruled out or long haul? E.g. London - St Johns and Dublin - Halifax would surely be doable without needing to overnight crews.

Sober Lark
22nd Apr 2017, 09:29
I'm sure Ryanair shareholders could never bite on the idea that the use of an aircraft on a Transatlantic route would be a wise capacity utilisation and profitability move for the company.

Alsacienne
22nd Apr 2017, 09:33
Does the B737-800 series have the range for UK-CAN/US? Especially if a divert/alternative airport is needed? In the current FR configuration, it wouldn't be the most comfy of flights!

racedo
22nd Apr 2017, 14:18
Does the B737-800 series have the range for UK-CAN/US? Especially if a divert/alternative airport is needed? In the current FR configuration, it wouldn't be the most comfy of flights!

MOL has been clear that he doesn't view 738's as suitable for T/A flights................... wants bigger aircraft for that.

Wonder if Airbus offered him 30 A380's at right price would he go for it.

RAT 5
22nd Apr 2017, 15:11
Wonder if Airbus offered him 30 A380's at right price would he go for it.

How to turn round an A380 in 25 minutes? Let the outbound passengers on at the front and watch as the push the inbound passengers off at the rear steps. Refuelling that fast might be a problem. There is already a squeeze on a 4 hour flight refuel.

canberra97
22nd Apr 2017, 15:15
I think that would be a definite no in my opinion regarding Ryanair purchasing any A380s let alone 30 aircraft regardless of how cheap a deal Airbus may offer.

O'Leary has clearly stated that he has abandoned any ambitions in flying long haul transatlantic and I can't see Ryanair attempting any other long haul market.

racedo
22nd Apr 2017, 15:42
How to turn round an A380 in 25 minutes? Let the outbound passengers on at the front and watch as the push the inbound passengers off at the rear steps. Refuelling that fast might be a problem. There is already a squeeze on a 4 hour flight refuel.

Why would they do that ?

Sadly this is another attempt at the "well they do it here so they have to do it everywhere mantra".

Ryanair have shown themselves to be ultra flexible in the way they deal with individual issues and adapt to them.

The people who oppose them bring out the old mantra time and time again.
It gets old.

racedo
22nd Apr 2017, 15:43
I think that would be a definite no in my opinion regarding Ryanair purchasing any A380s let alone 30 aircraft regardless of how cheap a deal Airbus may offer.

O'Leary has clearly stated that he has abandoned any ambitions in flying long haul transatlantic and I can't see Ryanair attempting any other long haul market.

While they are no good deals on long haul aircraft was the point made.

canberra97
22nd Apr 2017, 15:50
While they are no good deals on long haul aircraft was the point made.

Did you mean

While THERE are no good deals on long haul aircraft 'WHICH' was the point BEING made.

racedo
22nd Apr 2017, 19:17
Did you mean

While THERE are no good deals on long haul aircraft 'WHICH' was the point BEING made.

Oh dear....:ugh:

When you ask someone a question, there is generally a "?" at the end to indicate that is what you are doing.

RAT 5
22nd Apr 2017, 19:28
Why would they do that ?

Because it was a joke:ok:

AirportPlanner1
22nd Apr 2017, 21:41

The routes I mentioned are no further than London to Israel or Egypt which are flown regularly by 738s. In fact Westjet does St Johns to LGW with the 700 series. So it is possible.

VickersVicount
22nd Apr 2017, 21:47
Dont FR only have one 737-700? Are the specs of an ETOPS 737-7 different to a 183 seater 738??

Gulf Julliet Papa
22nd Apr 2017, 21:57
IMHO it does not matter what the aircraft or future aircraft CAN do, it is what is commercially viable. Forget ETOPS and different variants it's a case of is it worth it.

Ryanair thrive on been able to do deals with airports and region, i.e. In 5 years we can deliver 1 million pax if you give us this price. It usually is not destination reliant, so FR will try our (for example) a STN route, if that doesn't work try another and another, until they find the right combination of routes that work.

As soon as you limit your opportunities (such as transatlantic on a 738/MAX) you can't offer the same deals, as you no longer have 80+ options for routes, you have maybe 5 if your lucky.

So let's start with commercially viable rather than what's operationally possible before thinking that TA will happen anytime soon

racedo
27th Apr 2017, 18:09
Ryanair wins EU court case: social security payments made in Ireland must be accepted in other EU countries - Luchtzak.be (http://www.luchtzak.be/airlines/ryanair/ryanair-wins-court-case-social-security-payments-made-ireland-must-accepted-eu-countries/)

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170427-european-court-of-justice-ruling-in-the-a-rosa-case-upholds-eu-rules-on-social-insurance-payments-by-international-transport-workers/?market=en)

Very big win in EU courts for Ryanair.

davidjohnson6
3rd May 2017, 17:43
How many aircraft did Ryanair ground during winter 2016/2017 that were not undergoing maintenance ?
How many new aircraft are due to be delivered to Ryanair between now and October 2017 ?
Finally, how well staffed are Ryanair ? Would they find crew have largely maxed out on hours for the year by October 2017, or would crew have plenty of remaining capacity ?

I'm wondering how able Ryanair would be (in theory) to throw lots of aircraft quickly at the Italian market in the form of a land grab, if either a liquidation or significant reduction in capacity of a competitor airline were to happen in late 2017.

LGS6753
3rd May 2017, 18:58
DJ6 -
Even if aircraft are in use, during winter they are used less intensively, so there would be room for some to transfer to your mythical (?) scenario.

RAT 5
3rd May 2017, 19:45
If they had enough crews to fly them? The word is crews can only take holiday in the winter. Plenty of airframes, but no drivers?

racedo
3rd May 2017, 20:02
I'm wondering how able Ryanair would be (in theory) to throw lots of aircraft quickly at the Italian market in the form of a land grab, if either a liquidation or significant reduction in capacity of a competitor airline were to happen in late 2017.

Well there would be a lot of air crew seeking new jobs so that is a readily available and "trained" of a sort market place. Though some work practices would clearly need to change in Week 1 or else Week 2 you can go back to sitting on the beach.

Whether they would want to work is another question.

As Ryanair is Italy's largest airline then they are already a well known quantity so would expect that they could readily pick up the majority of the slack within EU easily.

80% of Alitalia's fleet 100 plus aircraft are EI- flagged i.e. Lease Co then would expect some interesting conversations could be occurring

14 A330-200 and 11 777-200 albeit dated aircraft does give someone some options were they to consider flying somewhat longer distances :cool:

RAT 5
4th May 2017, 02:09
No B738's in Alitalia. To absorb those crews into a RYR venture would be a monumental training program. RYR have been reluctant in the past to recruit DEF/O's, and DEC's only under duress. The AZ culture & RYR culture are chalk & cheese. Good luck to both sides if they try to mix the two.

racedo
4th May 2017, 19:26
No B738's in Alitalia. To absorb those crews into a RYR venture would be a monumental training program. RYR have been reluctant in the past to recruit DEF/O's, and DEC's only under duress. The AZ culture & RYR culture are chalk & cheese. Good luck to both sides if they try to mix the two.

Buzz springs to mind................. run as a separate company until you can transitions the airframes out which buys you time.

Also allows you assess the crews you have and deciding what you wish to keep and what you do not.

If decide want to use Airbus for long haul the have ready made flight crews.

Jorik
10th May 2017, 12:50
NEW:

Weeze (NRN) - Eilat-Ovda (VDA)
Bremen (BRE) - Eilat-Ovda (VDA)

Both 2 weekly for the W17/18 schedule

Heathrow Harry
11th May 2017, 07:07
Racedo has a point - if Alitalia goes bust cut a deal with the Italian Govt to take over the shorthaul fleet and crews in a new subsid (with suitable Govt help of cour$e) then gradually dispose/replace the older aircraft & integrate fully with the main airline over several years.

Also allows MoL to get a better deal from MrB as he can smooth out any bumps in the vast order book he keeps with Seattle................

daz211
17th May 2017, 12:09
Ryanair, Europe’s No 1 airline, today (17 May) launched its first connecting flights through Rome Fiumicino Airport, providing Ryanair customers with an expanded route choice, and the opportunity to book and transfer directly onto connecting Ryanair flights for the first time.

From today, Ryanair customers can:

Browse connecting Rome Fiumicino flight options on the Ryanair.com website
Book connecting flights on an initial 10 routes operating to/from Rome Fiumicino (with more to follow)
Connect to/from Alicante, Barcelona, Bari, Brussels, Catania, Comiso, Malta & Palermo via Rome
Transfer ‘airside’ onto connecting flights without having to go ‘landside’
Have checked-in baggage transferred through to the next flight to their final destination
Receive one booking reference for both flight bookings
- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170517-connecting-flights-launched-at-rome-fiumicino/?market=ie#sthash.G7mAfKxa.dpuf)

lfc84
17th May 2017, 12:47
Quote: We are also continuing our discussions with Aer Lingus and Norwegian – and other potential partners – with a view to launching connections with third party airlines later this year.”

See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170517-connecting-flights-launched-at-rome-fiumicino/?market=ie#sthash.G7mAfKxa.m2kvltLQ.dpuf)

lfc84
17th May 2017, 12:48
Quote:

This new service under Year 4 of our “Always Getting Better” programme, will be rolled out across the entire Ryanair network, (with further Rome routes to be added in the coming weeks and months) as long as the Rome Fiumicino trial proves to be a success. - See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170517-connecting-flights-launched-at-rome-fiumicino/?market=ie#sthash.G7mAfKxa.m2kvltLQ.dpuf)

racedo
17th May 2017, 17:10
This new service under Year 4 of our “Always Getting Better” programme, will be rolled out across the entire Ryanair network, (with further Rome routes to be added in the coming weeks and months) as long as the Rome Fiumicino trial proves to be a success.

Go back far enough on this thread and it will be Ryanair will never be successful because they
don't fly to Big airports,
Provide Seat reservations,
Offer Interconnecting flights
and various other reasons.

davidjohnson6
17th May 2017, 17:34
I've had a good look at the routes that Ryanair fly from Fiumicino (not Ciampino)
To be honest, I think demand for transfers on FR at FCO is likely to be a bit on the limited side. On the one hand this gives FR a somewhat gentle introduction to doing this on a commercial daily basis (good for an initial trial) but perhaps unlikely to generate much additional revenue until rolled out to other bases

racedo
18th May 2017, 17:18
I've had a good look at the routes that Ryanair fly from Fiumicino (not Ciampino)
To be honest, I think demand for transfers on FR at FCO is likely to be a bit on the limited side. On the one hand this gives FR a somewhat gentle introduction to doing this on a commercial daily basis (good for an initial trial) but perhaps unlikely to generate much additional revenue until rolled out to other bases

As said when first mentioned on here that if can make it successful in FCO then roll out elsewhere will be a breeze.

PPRuNeUser0176
18th May 2017, 17:39
With over 3 and 4 hour connections, I cannot see how it could possibly go wrong....

RAT 5
18th May 2017, 19:38
This is not a negative comment, just an observation. Air Berlin used to hub many flights through PMI & Berlin. If you wanted to go from northern Europe to Canaries you had to hub through PMI. It took forever on their schedule and involved getting off/on etc. If you could drive a couple of hours to another airport and fly direct with another operator which would you choose? It took all day to go anywhere. The idea might sound feasible and perhaps attractive, but with so much choice of carriers, and where convenience is worth paying for, it might not work as well as expected.
It strikes me as a tourist thing, not business. If by shifting my flight by a day or two, and driving to another airport I can fly direct at reasonable cost then that's for me. I can't see how 2 sectors with associated charges can be cheaper than one.

racedo
18th May 2017, 22:38
This is not a negative comment, just an observation. Air Berlin used to hub many flights through PMI & Berlin. If you wanted to go from northern Europe to Canaries you had to hub through PMI. It took forever on their schedule and involved getting off/on etc. If you could drive a couple of hours to another airport and fly direct with another operator which would you choose? It took all day to go anywhere. The idea might sound feasible and perhaps attractive, but with so much choice of carriers, and where convenience is worth paying for, it might not work as well as expected.
It strikes me as a tourist thing, not business. If by shifting my flight by a day or two, and driving to another airport I can fly direct at reasonable cost then that's for me. I can't see how 2 sectors with associated charges can be cheaper than one.

Unless you are going to open up routes where profitability etc is poor OR if you wanted to go to Southern Italy from say Sweden and was always difficult to get there easily.

davidjohnson6
18th May 2017, 22:46
I agree with racedo on the long term rationale. The boost will come on routes which are nowhere-to-nowhere; namely routes which on their own would never work and for which connecting nowhere to a hub an hour's flight away is currently not particularly profitable. Somewhere like Lanzarote counts as a 'somewhere' airport rather than 'nowhere' so the AirBerlin scenario described is slightly different

Mr A Tis
19th May 2017, 13:39
Drunken stags arrested after fighting on 'nightmare' flight from Manchester Airport - Manchester Evening News (http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/drunken-stags-arrested-after-fighting-13059972)

Yet another case of appalling passenger behaviour.
When are agents going to STOP these people BEFORE they get on board.

Not just Ryanair, but when are these airlines going to toughen up and stop them from travelling in the first place. In addition their passports should be confiscated by the authorities for a number of years at least.

inOban
19th May 2017, 15:03
The offence is much more serious after the plane has left the stand. Before then it's just drunk and disorderly.

Skipness One Echo
20th May 2017, 17:21
A couple of questions for you knowledgable people of pprune :

1) Of the 463 B737-800s delivered up to EI-FZV, have they all come through Dublin base on delivery?
2) What was the first factory delivered B738 to FR with the new Boeing Sky interior?

Thanks!

CabinCrewe
20th May 2017, 18:22
Ryanair (Sky Interior) EI-FOC, first flight 15 December 2015 (although -FOD was delivered to DUB first)

Jamie2k9
20th May 2017, 18:35
1) Of the 463 B737-800s delivered up to EI-FZV, have they all come through Dublin base on delivery?

Believe so, W arrived a few hours ago.

2) What was the first factory delivered B738 to FR with the new Boeing Sky interior?

CC is right about the first flight but pre delivery.333

CabinCrewe
20th May 2017, 18:44
... and although ultimately going through DUB (used to be for things like oven fitting), at least one has routed via KEF.

Schorschi
22nd May 2017, 09:35
Does anyone know if they plan to retrofit the older aircrafts with the new seats?

daz211
23rd May 2017, 10:38
ROUTES TO ARGENTINA, BRAZIL, CUBA, MEXICO & USA ON SALE ON RYANAIR.COM

Ryanair, Spain’s No.1 airline, today (23 May) announced a new flight partnership with Air Europa, which will allow its 130m customers to book Air Europa long haul flights on the Ryanair.com website. From today, customers can browse and book Air Europa flights on 20 long haul routes from Madrid to 16 countries in North, Central and South America, including Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Mexico and the United States.

- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170523-ryanair-website-to-sell-air-europa-long-haul-flights/?market=ie#sthash.5zqPHk7z.aJ1n2OmD.dpuf)

Trav a la
24th May 2017, 12:18
A question for those in the know at Ryanair.

Is it now company policy to seat PAX, who do not pay for seating, as far apart as possible? Even in the case of one PAX having an empty seat next to them.

MDS
24th May 2017, 13:18
Seems to be the case. It used to be based on an algorithm that would fill up rows in a way convenient to the traveller (unless you were one of the last to check in).

On a recent AGP-IBZ-AGP my wife and I were among the first to check in, yet on both flights seated 15 rows apart despite there being open seats next to both of us.

When it came time to print the boarding pass it cheekily reminds you that you're seated far apart, and suggests you might like to purchase seats..

Not exactly the "friendly" image that Ryanair is now trying to somewhat portray.

TOM100
24th May 2017, 14:57
Yeah that doesn't fall into the AGB mantra but more like SGWA (starting to get worse again lol). How to thoroughly p*ss of your customers !

Kind of undermines all the work they have been doing........

dohouch
26th May 2017, 05:42
Basic Row Order:
33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

However it had a few caveats.
(a) If you booked a middle seat and are one the party the other two seats beside you will go right to the top of the queue.
(b) If you book two seats in a single row the remaining seat in your block of three would be put at the top of the queue

When Ryanair originally started assigned seating, (a) and (b) did not apply, however because people were being separated these caveats were put in place to make it less likely that children and parents would be separated. Therefore seats with no free seat next to them are always allocated first for solo travelers.

So therefore the true priority for solo travelers was

Single seats in 33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

THEN

If there is no single seats, any seat in 33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

Therefore your very best way of checking in to get seats next to you used to be 32C and 32D.

I was told this by Cabin Crew!

Unfortunately it is certainly different now, because when checking the seat-map I'm seeing 31 and 32 gone a lot with the majority number of premium seats at the front of the plane not filled where previously 31 and 32 you could bet on always being there.

By the way, caveats (a) and (b) still apply to this day, it's just the order of the rows that has changed.

alm1
26th May 2017, 05:57
Basic Row Order:
33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

However it had a few caveats.
(a) If you booked a middle seat and are one the party the other two seats beside you will go right to the top of the queue.
(b) If you book two seats in a single row the remaining seat in your block of three would be put at the top of the queue

When Ryanair originally started assigned seating, (a) and (b) did not apply, however because people were being separated these caveats were put in place to make it less likely that children and parents would be separated. Therefore seats with no free seat next to them are always allocated first for solo travelers.

So therefore the true priority for solo travelers was

Single seats in 33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

THEN

If there is no single seats, any seat in 33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

Therefore your very best way of checking in to get seats next to you used to be 32C and 32D.

I was told this by Cabin Crew!

Unfortunately it is certainly different now, because when checking the seat-map I'm seeing 31 and 32 gone a lot with the majority number of premium seats at the front of the plane not filled where previously 31 and 32 you could bet on always being there.

By the way, caveats (a) and (b) still apply to this day, it's just the order of the rows that has changed.

This seems a bit wrong. I always used to guess which seat I will get for free, and then to checkin only when I liked that seat. Most of the time I was correct.
Ryanair always filled full rows (a->f) if there was enough free seats to seat one booking together. If not - your party got seats at a new row (a, b if two people).

Also the queing of rows doesn't quite mach my expierience. I'm prety sure that 5 was gone before 29 for example.

Of course everything has changed now.

Trav a la
26th May 2017, 15:11
Thanks for the replies.

Our free seating allocation on last 3 flight during the last 2 weeks.

10D + 14D
4C + 27C
8C + 23C

RAT 5
26th May 2017, 19:23
Ryanair plays BINGO with its passengers. Some win some lose. What's new?

edi_local
26th May 2017, 19:55
I took a flight with FR last September, CPH-EDI, with 2 friends. I checked us all in online, expecting to be spread all over the place because we didn't pay. We got 15ABC. Lucky us. In January I flew EDI-BLQ-EDI with 2 other friends, they were even on another booking.

I checked us all in, no expecting to be sat anywhere near each other, but I opened up my browser, got 8A, then logged in to their booking and they got 8B, 8C! On the return, the same again, row 10DEF without paying a penny for seating and opening up the two separate bookings at 2 different times.

Seems to be no logic to it. All of those flights were totally full, although I did check in at the very first moment I could.

davidjohnson6
26th May 2017, 20:26
Consumers will purchase a service if they believe that there is a significant chance that the will lose out in a meaningful way if they don't pay. There is a widespread belief amongst many LCC passengers in the UK that paying for seating is a waste of money. Yes those why fly LCCs very rarey or the elderly might end up being scared into paying, but if the last few times you experimented with not paying for seating and got away with it, then the incentive to pay in future is lost. There are plenty of websites giving loads of info on the 'pay for seating' ruse with LCCs
In essence, if you realise that the rumoured big bad wolf is actually a friendly old labrador who just wants you to tickle his tummy, then you're hardly going to pay again in future

Ryanair have to decide what paying for seating is about, essentially define themarketing proposition. Is it
- a way of further monetising just the weaker sections of society or
- a way to further monetise a large section of the customer base
If they want option 2, then it must be demonstrated clearly (not necessarily100% of the time) to consumers that the service has non zero value and not paying will lead to a bad outcome for passengers on a significant proportion of occasions

Trav a la
26th May 2017, 21:38
edi local,

It's only changed recently so you won't be so lucky next time.

RAT 5 said 'whats new'

It's that RA have gone to some effort and trouble to worsen their PAX experience.

GoEDI
26th May 2017, 22:50
Flew them at the weekend for the first time in a year or so, and glad it's not just me, yes what a piece of nonsense this is now... 2 people in same booking sat at opposite ends of aircraft in middle seats, even though the check in sequence numbers were so low that with the exception of reserved seats the seat map should have still been wide open.
OLCI only available 4 days before travel if you don't have seats reserved too, but 30 days before if you do. Definite downgrade in service there.

Waldo1
26th May 2017, 22:59
They are now sending you randomly around the aircraft, most people will continue to not reserve seats together and then spend the whole flight moving about the aircraft to interact with their friends and family...that will impact massively on the Ryanair sales of food and drink... who's idea was this? Likewise easyJets ridiculous 1 bag on board policy, everyone's held up squashing their airport purchases or handbag into their cabin bag at the gate and then once on board need to take time to unpack it again... blocking the aisles and holding up the departure....sometimes I think these airlines are run by muppets

davidjohnson6
27th May 2017, 00:28
It's that RA have gone to some effort
Trav - changing the unreserved seat assignment logic does not involve much effort at all. Should be more than possible to amend the software that assigns seats and test within a few days for one person. There was probably far greater cost to the company in the various levels of management spending time deciding whether to implement a new 'more commercial' seat assignment policy

Waldo - you're confusing sales revenue with profit. From a flight full of people, the average food/drink revenue on board is a few pounds, of which a fair chunk has to go in costs - namely buying the food/drink, loading it onto the plane, printing menus, cleaning the cabin at each turnaround, etc, etc...
A reserved seat has almost zero cost to the airline, and enforcement is usually done by other passengers - 'Oy, you are sitting in my seat'. Never mind if food/drink takes a bit of a hit, the profits from seat reservations will likely more than cover it.
As soon as the mainstream travel press across Europe picks on this new policy and publishes articles, passengers *may* decide en masse to start paying up for those seat reservations

In marketing speak, you are being 'monetised'

1sky
27th May 2017, 03:35
It does seem Ryanair have adopted the Wizz Air approach to allocated seating. It's a real shame because the old Ryanair system was really good at keeping people together 90-95% of the time, even without purchased seats.

Thanks for the replies.

Our free seating allocation on last 3 flight during the last 2 weeks.

10D + 14D
4C + 27C
8C + 23C

Do people now have an option to purchase a seat after online checkin?

1sky
27th May 2017, 03:45
As soon as the mainstream travel press across Europe picks on this new policy and publishes articles, passengers *may* decide en masse to start paying up for those seat reservations

In marketing speak, you are being 'monetised'

I don't think you will ever see people paying "en masse" even if covered widely by the media.

You will find those who have to pay (travelling with families or the elderly) and those who have someone else paying (business travellers), but just about everyone else will put up with the pain.

Of course, the small take up still makes it well worth it for Ryanair.

BigFrank
27th May 2017, 18:36
edi local,

It's only changed recently so you won't be so lucky next time.

RAT 5 said 'whats new'

It's that RA have gone to some effort and trouble to worsen their PAX experience.

I'm confused by this post.

The last line appears to purport to add some additional information to the discussion.

But, unless I am missing something significant, it doesn't. Not at all.

The previous post saying "what's new" summed up pithily the modus operandi of the "Low Class" Carrier (or should that really be the "No Class" Carrier?)

And this post appears to suggest that "go[ing] to some effort and trouble to worsen their PAX experience" is some sort of innovation (sic).

1sky
27th May 2017, 20:11
Another thing I have noticed is that under the previous system, even when booking at the very last minute you could still have a real chance of finding seats together (for example, rows 31/32 since these were the very last to be assigned).

Right now, for departures in the next days I only see a few scattered window and aisle seats all over the aircraft. If booking late and travelling as a group, definitely not an enticement to book seats together.

racedo
29th May 2017, 13:50
Met up with friends over weekend where we all flew in and they found that the new seating plan was in operation with kids spread across the aircraft where previously put together even checking late.

However they did check 4 days out and fares were low and it appeared there were 70 plus seats unallocated so they gambled there would be spare rows and it worked. Maybe not do so again which is really what Ryanair want people to do.

There is the option at checkin to pay to have everybody seated together.

Travelling solo at weekends I haveon quite a few occasions got an exit row seat for nowt.

NorthEasterner
29th May 2017, 18:08
Met up with friends over weekend where we all flew in and they found that the new seating plan was in operation with kids spread across the aircraft where previously put together even checking late.

However they did check 4 days out and fares were low and it appeared there were 70 plus seats unallocated so they gambled there would be spare rows and it worked. Maybe not do so again which is really what Ryanair want people to do.

There is the option at checkin to pay to have everybody seated together.

Travelling solo at weekends I haveon quite a few occasions got an exit row seat for nowt.

If there are children under 12 on a reservation, it is MANDATORY that one adult pays for a reserved seat (the system won't continue with the booking otherwise). Then up to 4 children aged 12 or under receive a free seat which the person making the booking can select. This method won't work if you're booking last minute and seats together aren't available. There is no excuse for families with young persons being split up.

NE