PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

Crazy Voyager
26th Jun 2015, 09:51
Is this going to be done with their own brand? I appreciate that in Europe the tails with scandinavian people and the red and white scheme makes sense (at least for some). But in the US will the brand make sense to the customers?

james170969
27th Jun 2015, 07:24
Arrived at Malaga airport 2 hours before my flight to Prestwick only to be faced with a luggage check in queue of around 400 people. It will take me about 2 hours to get to the front of the queue. Online check in is a complete utter waste of time if you have luggage which the vast majority of people have. Come on Ryanair GET YOUR FINGER OUT!!

GLAinsider
28th Jun 2015, 10:31
Since the advent of Skyscanner brand awareness is a lot less important. You don't need to know which airline operates a route in order to find their flights.

rutankrd
28th Jun 2015, 11:20
Since the advent of Skyscanner brand awareness is a lot less important. You don't need to know which airline operates a route in order to find their flights.

andI notice that DY are starting Caribbean from the States using B737.

Not really anything to do with Ryanair however the winter North East Coast - French Carribbean flights are largely targeting the Popular US cruise clientele in association with Fred Olsen Line who will be providing many/much/most of the customers :ok:

racedo
28th Jun 2015, 11:34
Arrived at Malaga airport 2 hours before my flight to Prestwick only to be faced with a luggage check in queue of around 400 people. It will take me about 2 hours to get to the front of the queue. Online check in is a complete utter waste of time if you have luggage which the vast majority of people have. Come on Ryanair GET YOUR FINGER OUT!!

Pack lighter

Travelled to Spain with SWMBO and Littlies a number of years ago with hand luggage for a 2 week trip we did it with lots to spare. Friends went on same flight over and back.

They were same number as us, had bags of luggage, their comment was we bring everything and don't want to do washing.
We didn't either so €12 for laundrette to wash and press everything was a great deal.

Mate hurt his back lifting case out of car on way back, told me that on way back he counted up and total luggage they had came to 84kgs, we had 35kgs.

Benefit of being light was we had collected rental car and got to apartment while they still waiting for bags, on way back we were home as they leaving Stansted car park.

Now they travel light.

j636
29th Jun 2015, 19:53
FR have been given 9 daily slots at AMS for this coming winter:
Ryanair vliegt vanaf deze winter op Schiphol|Nieuws| Telegraaf.nl (http://www.telegraaf.nl/dft/nieuws_dft/24212523/__Ryanair_vliegt_vanaf_deze_winter_op_Schiphol__.html?utm_so urce=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=twitter)

They have also applied for slots at ORY to service MAD/FAO
Ryanair applies for Paris Orly slots - ch-aviation.com (http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/38348-ryanair-applies-for-paris-orly-slots)

Bjarte
30th Jun 2015, 13:59
The first Boeing 737-700 in Ryanair colours:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIwLBPcWcAEZAbX.png

Source: @NwsHazbail

Seljuk22
30th Jun 2015, 17:45
GOT will be a new base from September 2015 with 1 based aircraft
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/150630-new-gothenburg-base-opens-no-74/?market=en)

irishair2001
30th Jun 2015, 18:12
I kind of wonder with FR acquiring a 700, might MOL be considering a Westjet type of TATL operation

AerRyan
30th Jun 2015, 18:20
Nope he won't and he never will. Destinations far too limited and prices will be far too high. Please get it into her heads. If Transatlantic is ever launched it will be under a different company name as launching it under the same Brand will ruin the low cost name of Ryanair because quite frankly, you its not going to be cheap.

RAT 5
30th Jun 2015, 19:09
Can anyone with real knowledgeable insight explain the -700 introduction into RYR? How many, for how long and why? They have such a strong single type business model. Where will these be based, on which routes etc. It's a reduction of 40 seats and so must be route/season specific. Also, where have they come from; new or used? I may be behind the news with these questions. Sorry.

Jwscud
30th Jun 2015, 20:20
One used aircraft for base training only pretty much. It's not a fleet change at all.

OntimeexceptACARS
30th Jun 2015, 23:34
Heard that it will be used as a standby as it has a full set of pews.

OTEA

RAT 5
1st Jul 2015, 08:46
One used aircraft for base training only pretty much.

Interesting. I wonder if anyone else felt the same, but when I hopped from -700 to -800 I noticed a slightly different flare technique to achieve the same bump on touchdown. Given the lack of night flying during training, and other slightly different characteristics in handling, I wonder what the effect will be on the very low hour cadets who will transit via the -700 to line flying -800. LTC's might find their job a little harder. Opinions?

Jwscud
1st Jul 2015, 13:22
I'm not sure. I never learned any sort of finesse during my base training on either of the sessions I did (ZFTT takes away all the fun now...) and if you've never flown an airliner before I suspect the subtleties you are talking about might be lost on a new cadet. I am not a TRI(A) but I recall then the briefing being they were looking for stable approaches with positive corrections, and a safe flare technique consistently executed. However, with no experience on the -700 my opinion is just that.

I would imagine the real justification is that it's the same type on the licence, and running up 3500 cycles a year on a second hand workhorse is cheaper than taking the same number of cycles from your overworked main fleet.

j636
1st Jul 2015, 15:17
Is Ryanair Taking a Closer Look at the 737-700? :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/249706/is-ryanair-taking-a-closer-look-at-the-737-700/?utm_source=content_and_community&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=the-hub)

The arrival of the dedicated 737-700 will enable the airline to return 737-800 capacity currently used on some crew training missions back to its scheduled programme. But, sources have confirmed to Routesonline that there could be more to this deal than simply to support its training activities.

The aircraft has been fitted with a full interior of 148 seats and it has been reported that Boeing may be paying part of the acquisition cost as Ryanair evaluates the type. Neither Boeing nor Ryanair have confirmed this, although the low-cost carrier confirmed the aircraft will be used on its scheduled programme.

Guess a smaller aircraft would be suitable for many parts of the network....

adfly
1st Jul 2015, 15:31
Don't think the extra range will be used, reckon they will hold out until the MAX's with better economics if they decide to go that way. But having fewer seats to fill and also better runway performance than the 800's could be useful features for FR.

EI-A330-300
1st Jul 2015, 15:34
In other news:

Danish court says unions can take industrial action against Ryanair (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/danish-court-says-unions-can-take-industrial-action-against-ryanair-1.2269523)

So will CPH base close if they lose the appeal like FR said they would if the court ruled in favor of unions :rolleyes:

racedo
1st Jul 2015, 15:43
In other news:

Danish court says unions can take industrial action against Ryanair (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/danish-court-says-unions-can-take-industrial-action-against-ryanair-1.2269523)

So will CPH base close if they lose the appeal like FR said they would if the court ruled in favor of unions :rolleyes:

Stupid ruling because its equivalent to saying that Sainsbury's staff can take industrial action against Tesco !!!!!

twostroker
2nd Jul 2015, 15:17
Hertz cancelled there Ryanair contract with immediate effect at midday today, citing breach of contract due to FR dealing with 3rd parties (GDS travel agents etc)
Thats a big move, must be sure they have a good case:eek:

Ryanair seeking alternative car hire partner as Hertz pulls ties with budget airline - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-seeking-alternative-car-hire-partner-as-hertz-pulls-ties-with-budget-airline-31346960.html)

racedo
2nd Jul 2015, 18:40
Renting a car recently at a major UK airport which I use frequently, asked manager what % of cars are via Ryanair website, he said 40% plus so guess that will put a big dent in Hertz earnings.

RAT 5
2nd Jul 2015, 20:24
Never understood why people rent cars via airline websites. I've never found a deal there that beats my regular non-airline website.

CaptainSensible
3rd Jul 2015, 09:59
Awaiting FCI instructing crew to remove Ryanair / Hertz lanyard with immediate effect!!!!!

Facelookbovvered
3rd Jul 2015, 10:05
Well true form MOL is to sue Hertz (good luck with that) for breech of contract.

I still can't fathom what the dispute is about and if in any way its connected to the CPH court case.

I can only remember one other corporate individual so ready to press the legal button and that was Maxwell, he fell off a boat........

j636
3rd Jul 2015, 13:37
CPH based aircraft moves to Kaunas form 15 July which commences a daily service to CPH (replacing Warsaw). A further two routes to Bologna and Edinburgh begin in November.

The Kaunas based aircraft operates the morning CPH-LTN also.

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/nyheder/150703-ryanair-to-move-copenhagen-aircraft-to-kaunas-following-danish-labour-court-ruling/?market=da)

Interesting to see what they do with LTN-CPH in winter as it was due to be 4 daily CPH based.

RAT 5
3rd Jul 2015, 15:46
Well true form MOL is to sue Hertz (good luck with that) for breech of contract.

He should swap notes with Donald Trump. He's just announced his candidacy for president(god help us), but also insulted the Mexicans. He owns Miss Universe and Univision have refused to broadcast it. Trumps sues for $500m. He's also called for a boycott of Macy's as they have also shown disagreement with his outbursts.

I doubt either of these egos will win the day, but it'll be fun the watch.

VC10man
3rd Jul 2015, 15:46
If you hire a car with the airline's partner you have a long wait at the car hire desk. I like Hertz but when I go on Ryanair I use Sixt.

EI-A330-300
3rd Jul 2015, 16:21
FT reporting that Billund may see all operations closed if unions blockade flights lather this month.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c58364d6-2191-11e5-aa5a-398b2169cf79.html?ftcamp=published_links%2Frss%2Fcompanies%2 Ffeed%2F%2Fproduct#axzz3eqUxNWOJ

racedo
3rd Jul 2015, 17:03
If you hire a car with the airline's partner you have a long wait at the car hire desk. I like Hertz but when I go on Ryanair I use Sixt.

Only time ever found that was at SNN about 10 years ago, at Dublin recently landing late with a lot of flights in the evening I spent all of 15 seconds at the desk.
Rarely have waited any length of time and probably used Hertz 150 days last year in multiple countrys.

racedo
3rd Jul 2015, 17:05

So you feel that a Company should just be able to unilaterally break a contract and nobody has a right to challenge it for damages ?

Funny done right at start of European Holiday Season as well.

racedo
3rd Jul 2015, 17:17
FT reporting that Billund may see all operations closed if unions blockade flights lather this month.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c58364d6-2...#axzz3eqUxNWOJ (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c58364d6-2191-11e5-aa5a-398b2169cf79.html?ftcamp=published_links%2Frss%2Fcompanies%2 Ffeed%2F%2Fproduct#axzz3eqUxNWOJ)

Ryanair can find other routes, Billund will struggle to get someone bringing in as many passengers.

EI-A330-300
3rd Jul 2015, 17:42
Ryanair can find other routes, Billund will struggle to get someone bringing in as many passengers.

Yes however I expect most is outbound going by the route network...

Seasonal - Alicante, Bergamo, Chania, Corfu, Girona, Malta, Palma de Mallorca, Pisa, Rome-Ciampino, Treviso

Year Round - Budapest, London-Stansted, Málaga, Tenerife-South

Bar London/Budapesst most is outbound,

DY will pick it up most if they see a market while lots of charters serve the same routes.

The real thing here is will FR decide to pull out of other countries as if they lose the appeal this won't be the last cases....

So you feel that a Company should just be able to unilaterally break a contract and nobody has a right to challenge it for damages ?

Funny done right at start of European Holiday Season as well.

Clearly Hertz believe FR breached contracts by allowing GDS bookings which could have major impact if holiday companies book flights instead of people doing it. Hertz must be quiet confident they will win any case as they know FR wouldn't just leave it.

racedo
3rd Jul 2015, 18:10
Clearly Hertz believe FR breached contracts by allowing GDS bookings which could have major impact if holiday companies book flights instead of people doing it. Hertz must be quiet confident they will win any case as they know FR wouldn't just leave it.

Point is that FR have been using GDS for over a year, hence could understand if it was on day 1 but a year plus is not even close.

Problem for Hertz will be that it will lose a substantial portion of business who booked via Ryanair, now they will book everybody, Hertz will of course pick up some of this business anyway maybe at a better price.
However I doubt that this will compensate as simply their fleet buying decisions will already have been made and losing a substantial element of business will be a struggle.

Will be interesting for some of the Hertz Franchise holders who probably will have a claim against Franchise owner. If they acted to damage their business by cancelling a contract with a major business provider.

racedo
3rd Jul 2015, 18:14
The real thing here is will FR decide to pull out of other countries as if they lose the appeal this won't be the last cases....

It will go to EU as do you want unelected Unions deciding who can do business in what country across the EU.

After all in Ireland would you like Unions to be deciding whom Aer Lingus can recruit in manangement jobs ........................like the old days.

Facelookbovvered
3rd Jul 2015, 18:50
Racedo, having dealt with most car rental groups over the years, i think its fair to say that Hertz are a reputable business from an ethics point of view, they would not bin a long term agreement with Ryanair at short notice without very good reason and having taken legal advice.

The worst hire company i have dealt with is gold car, the main problem being all the very small print and extras, but as you have pointed out on this forum many times in defence of Ryanair if people sign or tick the 'i have read and understood' box without actually having done so then they have only their self to blame.

Of course Ryanair have a right to redress if they have been damaged.

I have mixed views on the situation in Copenhagen, FR can challenge it at a European level no doubt, perhaps if MOL just reflected on how good his airline could be if he was fair to his (non) employees, walking around M+S today i was impressed to see their signage about being fair to their partners in the supply chain.

I posted on a several years ago that sooner or later FR would have to address its image if it wanted to enjoy higher returns, good to see the markets working

RAT 5
3rd Jul 2015, 19:59
Is Hertz a bigger outfit that RYR? Will this be a battle of 2 giants or a David & Goliath tiff. Who needs whom the more?

CCFAIRPORT
3rd Jul 2015, 23:35
NEW BASE N°74 : GOTHENBURG

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/150630-new-gothenburg-base-opens-no-74/?market=ie)

racedo
4th Jul 2015, 00:42
Racedo, having dealt with most car rental groups over the years, i think its fair to say that Hertz are a reputable business from an ethics point of view, they would not bin a long term agreement with Ryanair at short notice without very good reason and having taken legal advice.

Likely a gungho response from someone rather than a well thought out plan.

Legal advice generally is to issue grievance and give a clear time line to allow other party to resolve it. It then allows a withdrawal but clear intent has already been established and cover yourself from a legal persepctive. Lawyers on both sides will get rich on this.

I dropped a car off at an airport tonight and they said Summer will take care of itself but they expect volumes to drop, however from September onwards he is forecasting 15-20% minimum drop in business and that was feeling lucky. It means he expects to lose 3-5 people minimum. At some airports that are wholly reliant on Ryanair he said it was likely that the operation would close. He was not happy and felt Hertz had stitched him up.

Something I did not know was that many of the people who check the cars in are "classified" as self employed rather than employees.

racedo
4th Jul 2015, 15:10
Danish unions are wrong-footed as Ryanair ditches Copenhagen base - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/danish-unions-are-wrongfooted-as-ryanair-ditches-copenhagen-base-31350437.html)

Danish Unions want Ryanair to stay now................. so after blockading flights a number of months ago, advocating people to not do they job they paid for and striking against a company they not employed by they can't understand why Ryanair moved assets elsewhere.

What number do unions call in Denmark to get in touch with reality ?

M-JCS
5th Jul 2015, 10:52
"What number do unions call in Denmark to get in touch with reality ?"

Probably the easyJet number, since there don't appear to be any disputes with them.

EI-A330-300
5th Jul 2015, 13:46
Point is that FR have been using GDS for over a year, hence could understand if it was on day 1 but a year plus is not even close.

Problem for Hertz will be that it will lose a substantial portion of business who booked via Ryanair, now they will book everybody, Hertz will of course pick up some of this business anyway maybe at a better price.
However I doubt that this will compensate as simply their fleet buying decisions will already have been made and losing a substantial element of business will be a struggle.

Will be interesting for some of the Hertz Franchise holders who probably will have a claim against Franchise owner. If they acted to damage their business by cancelling a contract with a major business provider.

We don't know if they just stopped or they discussed it with Ryanair prior to the announcement. There is a lot more to this I expect, will be an interesting case.

racedo
5th Jul 2015, 15:25
We don't know if they just stopped or they discussed it with Ryanair prior to the announcement. There is a lot more to this I expect, will be an interesting case.

Hertz have had a huge push on Ryanair business in 2015 apparently in Uk as told to me at Hertz office I normally use. Regular calls with managers around the business highlight who is top and bottom. Announcement made that as Hertz losing money apparently then that was why they walked away.

Stevek
7th Jul 2015, 03:13
Looks like Ryanair will be flying from Krakow - Eilat Airport, should be announced shortly.

Charlie Roy
7th Jul 2015, 09:53
Eilat announced, starting November.

Ryanair’s Israeli operations will deliver:

3 new routes to Budapest (2 x weekly), Kaunas (2 x weekly) & Krakow (2 x weekly)
6 weekly return flights to/from Eilat Ovda Airport
40,000 customers p.a.

- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/150707-ryanair-announces-first-israel-flights/?market=ie#sthash.IXVCc5lL.A1MToFXZ.dpuf)

EI-A330-300
7th Jul 2015, 20:43
Eilat announced, starting November.

Ryanair’s Israeli operations will deliver:
3 new routes to Budapest (2 x weekly), Kaunas (2 x weekly) & Krakow (2 x weekly)
6 weekly return flights to/from Eilat Ovda Airport
40,000 customers p.a.
- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair!

Forgets to say they are getting €45 per passenger, lets see how long they stay once it ends!

Israel offers cash incentives for airlines flying to Eilat - Airline Industry Today - EIN News (http://airlines.einnews.com/article/260589535/b9300wIiAlEnn8Lb?continued=1)

j636
8th Jul 2015, 11:30
The AMS slots are rumoured for 5 daily STN and 4 daily DUB.

Jorik
8th Jul 2015, 14:47
They simply requested the slots for STN and DUB and got 9 daily slots. The spokeswoman for the Dutch Slot Allocation said that they have until the end of August to decide whether they are going to use them. They requested and received slots before, but this time the request "looks serious", she said. She added that the slots have been allocated for STN and DUB, but they can still change those destinations... even during the W15 season itself.

RAT 5
8th Jul 2015, 15:57
Head to Head with ez from STN. Interesting. Why AMS and not EIN or even MST?

Bjarte
8th Jul 2015, 16:40
Or GRQ....

EIN, MST and GRQ ar quit far away from Amsterdam, even according to Ryanair standards. Thats why AMS is a interesting new market for Ryanair.

I would prefer that Ryanair returns to GRQ, but I'm not optimistic, because of these developments.

FRatSTN
8th Jul 2015, 16:51
FR already do up to 3x daily STN-EIN and they tried MST again a couple of years ago then dropped it.

I'm sure FR's change of strategy and evident shift to more primary airports over the last couple of years will have something to do with it.

Only a matter of time before AMS I think.

mik3bravo
10th Jul 2015, 08:57
Why don't FR consider EGMC-EIDW?

Flybe dropped it when they wanted to work on developing their EGLC-EIDW which since also dropped. AL Regional (operated by Stobart) made a nuts of the EGMC-EIDW sceduleS and easyJet will not go toe-to-toe with FR on a EGMC-EIDW route. So it appears to me that FR could have free reign on the route.

Any views - viable?

daz211
10th Jul 2015, 19:09
So Ryanair have unanimously agreed to sell up to IAG
And in doing so make a small profit 👍

racedo
10th Jul 2015, 19:14
So Ryanair have unanimously agreed to sell up to IAG
And in doing so make a small profit 👍

In actual fact they will show a huge profit on it because they wrote down the value of it to virtually zero years ago.

daz211
10th Jul 2015, 19:27
hope they spend it well ? How much are we talking ?
Enough I hope to go towards starting a new Airline 😜

EI-A330-300
10th Jul 2015, 20:17
In actual fact they will show a huge profit on it because they wrote down the value of it to virtually zero years ago.

Would be good to know if they wrote down all costs or just the share price. Would be very surprised if they come away with a profit after more less 9 years of legal fees.

Also did MOL want to sell or was it more less taken out of his hands. Will be interesting to see what he may say in the coming weeks as they were hell bent on appealing to Europe a few weeks ago. Glad shareholders saw sense.

racedo
10th Jul 2015, 20:23
Would be good to know if they wrote down all costs or just the share price. Would be very surprised if they come away with a profit after more less 9 years of legal fees.

Er all costs have already been taken against profit.

Shareholders likely to get a special dividend

lfc84
10th Jul 2015, 20:35
From rte.ie

[Ryanair] spent €407m building the stake between 2006 and 2007. Selling out to IAG will bring in €410m. That's a 0.7% return over the guts of eight years

IMO that's a very, very poor return on such an outlay

davidjohnson6
10th Jul 2015, 21:05
Purely as a shareholder, Ryanair have made a poor return on their investment.
As one of Aer Lingus' major rivals, Ryanair by virtue of their large minority shareholding will have been able to significantly influence the future of Aer Lingus, if only by virtue that they had an effective power of veto on any merger / takeover involving EI. Power to significantly events around a major rival has a value to which it is difficult to ascribe a price

ayroplain
11th Jul 2015, 01:58
As one of Aer Lingus' major rivals, Ryanair by virtue of their large minority shareholding will have been able to significantly influence the future of Aer Lingus, if only by virtue that they had an effective power of veto on any merger / takeover involving EI. Power to significantly events around a major rival has a value to which it is difficult to ascribe a price
The reality is that Ryanair never significantly, or even insignificantly influenced the future of Aer Lingus. Apart from IAG nobody else has/ever had any interest in buying/merging with it and that's happening only now when the long-running pensions problem has finally been resolved and the cost-reduction processes have been well advanced. Prior to that nobody would have touched them with a bargepole.

The only entity that significantly influenced the future of Aer Lingus were their unions who, time after time, significantly curbed or stalled and delayed the changes necessary to bring it into line. It would be difficult to ascribe the price of that but it surely runs into many millions over many years and which, ironically, included the cost of the hire in of aircraft from Ryanair to keep the business going when their own staff were on strike.

Epsomdog
11th Jul 2015, 07:27
The reality is that Ryanair never significantly, or even insignificantly influenced the future of Aer Lingus. Apart from IAG nobody else has/ever had any interest in buying/merging with it and that's happening only now when the long-running pensions problem has finally been resolved and the cost-reduction processes have been well advanced. Prior to that nobody would have touched them with a bargepole.

Surely, unless you're an EI board member, you cannot know wether this statement is true!

Epsomdog
11th Jul 2015, 07:37

I would call this the airline equivalent of loosing a tenner and finding it 9 yrs later, in your suit pocket!

Sure enough, you feel good at the time, but in reality you're no better off:)

Una Due Tfc
11th Jul 2015, 08:25
I would call this the airline equivalent of loosing a tenner and finding it 9 yrs later, in your suit pocket!

Sure enough, you feel good at the time, but in reality you're no better off:)

Far, far worse off if you include legal costs from 3 failed take overs and God knows how many court cases, competition hearings, appeals etc.

racedo
11th Jul 2015, 09:25
Surely, unless you're an EI board member, you cannot know wether this statement is true!

Don't need to be a board member to know its true.

Aside from FR there was nobody else interested in making a bid up to late last year. Markets know who is buying or trading shares and pretty evident nobody was interested because EI added nothing to them.

FR and BA/IAG were only 2 places that EI would ever fit.

FR ensured nobody else was going to make a bid while it was within the market for EI.

EI is after 10 years stalled, its passenger numbers are flat, it has no clear long term strategy aside from adding some T/A routes some of which it previously pulled away from.
Financially its pension has cost of €200 million plus with strikes and pay offs to staff adding as much again.

FR is now carrying more people per month than EI do in a full year.

FR has suceeded in eliminating a longer term potential competitor over last 9 years who had full Irish Govt backing. Sure EI competes with it out of Ireland but er that's it.

racedo
11th Jul 2015, 09:45
Far, far worse off if you include legal costs from 3 failed take overs and God knows how many court cases, competition hearings, appeals etc.

Hardly, all write offable to make sure it pays less tax.

Had EI been really free to compete with Unions being flexible and with Irish Govt support they could have really given FR a run for their money and hurt them into and out of Ireland and elsewhere.

However they weren't so even spending a net €50 million (or 1% of last years turnover) over the years has been more than already paid.

Just picking a Uk airport (Gatters) and had EI developed and pushed FR off route then that would be 5-6 flights a day x2 in and out, ave fare to there is reckon €60, prob 80% full x 364 days and you get 1 year just to Dub, add in other services from and you see impact.

Spending €50 M over life of EI ownership is a drop in the ocean and not something shareholders seem really that concerned about, getting fuel hedging wrong costs more than that.

j636
14th Jul 2015, 12:26
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/nyheder/150714-ryanair-confirms-billund-base-closure-on-friday-17-july/?market=da)

Ryanair’s 3 aircraft based in Billund will at 23:00hrs on 17 July position empty to London Stansted (2 aircraft) and Dublin (1 aircraft), where they will continue to operate Ryanair’s flights to/from Billund with the exception of the Billund-Chania and Billund-Corfu routes, which will be closed from Thurs 30 July.

In order to minimise disruption for Ryanair customers, the airline confirmed that it will continue to operate 12 of its 14 summer routes to/from Billund (but all on aircraft based outside of Denmark). However its 4 Billund winter routes (London, Budapest, Malaga and Tenerife) will be cut to just 1 (London) for the winter schedule. Ryanair’s annual traffic at Billund (currently 700,000) will be cut by over 50% to over 300,000.

Stevek
14th Jul 2015, 12:30
Any idea what they are going to do with the extra aircraft at DUB?

j636
14th Jul 2015, 12:32
Any idea what they are going to do with the extra aircraft at DUB?

Press Release indicates that DUB will operate out of Billund. Perhaps they may do a MRS style base which is (or at least was) crewed by DUB.

Stevek
14th Jul 2015, 12:37
Would that mean a restart of DUB-BLL? Although it notes that there'll only be on route this winter to STN. I would love a new route from Dublin. Most expansion lately has just been beefing up frequency, which of course isn't a bad thing!

EI-BUD
14th Jul 2015, 15:01
Stevek,

I cant see Dublin Billund being an attractive route any more as the DUB CPH has had massive growth in capacity with 4 carriers on route, with the highest frequency we have seen yet....

A Billund route more suited to a Sun Air type operation in my opinion...

EI-BUD

racedo
14th Jul 2015, 18:26
Ryanair accounts for 25% of traffic at Billund, dropping back to 300k means they will lose 14% of passenger numbers but hey least the Union will be happy.

Una Due Tfc
14th Jul 2015, 22:43
Hardly, all write offable to make sure it pays less tax.

Had EI been really free to compete with Unions being flexible and with Irish Govt support they could have really given FR a run for their money and hurt them into and out of Ireland and elsewhere.

However they weren't so even spending a net €50 million (or 1% of last years turnover) over the years has been more than already paid.

Just picking a Uk airport (Gatters) and had EI developed and pushed FR off route then that would be 5-6 flights a day x2 in and out, ave fare to there is reckon €60, prob 80% full x 364 days and you get 1 year just to Dub, add in other services from and you see impact.

Spending €50 M over life of EI ownership is a drop in the ocean and not something shareholders seem really that concerned about, getting fuel hedging wrong costs more than that.

Can't really be too critical on MOL on the fuel hedging a few years back. Sure he hedged, way, way later than most other airlines and got quite badly burned as a result, but fuel prices have been so unpredictable over the last 15 years in particular. And to add to the unpredictability the ME is more unstable now than ever with IS, and yet oil prices are low because the west wants to put the boot in on Putin.

And as for the EI thing: absolutely agree 50 mil over 9 years is peanuts for FR. I'm guessing the fact it's in the pockets of various solicitors and Euro beaurocrats annoys him far more than the fact it was wasted alone!

j636
24th Jul 2015, 14:49
Alcohol ban extended from Scotland to England on flights to Ibiza.

Ryanair bans duty-free alcohol on UK to Ibiza flights - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-33621040)

How about raise ticket prices and attract a better crowd!

Heathrow Harry
24th Jul 2015, 15:14
"The airline confirmed any alcohol purchased after security checks would now have to be placed in hold luggage or disposed of at the departure gate"

........or disposed of at the departure gate - that could lead to some terrible sights....... :eek::eek::eek:

people necking a bottle of vodka in one........

racedo
27th Jul 2015, 09:01
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/150727-q1-profit-up-25-to-245m-higher-loads-as-traffic-grows-16-to-28m/?market=en)

Good set of Q1 results

Profit up 25%
Pax up 16%

Seljuk22
30th Jul 2015, 17:15
MAD and BCN will join the FR network from HAM this November.

A lot of competition on both routes:
HAM-MAD: Ryanair, Germanwings, Norwegian, Iberia
HAM-BCN: Ryanair, Germanwings, Norwegian, Vueling

Sober Lark
5th Aug 2015, 19:23
Over 10 million passengers last month. Congratulations Leo Hairy Camel.

eu01
6th Aug 2015, 12:14
Successful in many countries, Ryanair should admit some failures too. The last example is Finland. Still in 2012 FR served 12 routes to Tampere, 4 routes to Turku and 3 to Lappeenranta. This year, Finland will disappear from Ryanair's route map entirely, in just over two months. Turku has lost its flights a couple a years ago, the last flight to Lappeenranta will take off on 21st of October, to Tampere on 2nd November. And... that's over, quite a spectacular defeat. Hardly much fuss will be made about this, let's just notice it here.

davidjohnson6
6th Aug 2015, 13:10
Lappeenranta airport has never been about Finland - it's all about flying residents of St Petersburg to western Europe. With the current state of EU-Russian relations it is not hugely surprising to see this airport in decline. I would be reluctant to blame Ryanair for closing LPP

eu01
6th Aug 2015, 17:47
^^ Leave aside Russians and LPP, there are a few millions of Finns living in a radius of 200 km from TMP eagerly paying for (other carriers') flights to Southern Europe, so it's a failure not being able to convince them.

In other news: the next European capital is being added to Ryanair's network. Bulgarian main city Sofia will get first FR flights next year. The new route STN-SOF will commence in May'2016.

j636
10th Aug 2015, 17:18
Appears FR want to feed DUB/MAD and have started talks with IAG which could be up and running from November!

TAP (Lisbon), VS (Gatwick), DY (Gatwick) also.

Ryanair in talks with IAG, Aer Lingus on feeding long haul flights | Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/08/10/uk-ryanair-interline-idUKKCN0QF1OP20150810)

racedo
25th Aug 2015, 14:27
Holy alter ego! Ryanair's O'Leary back to old ways as Robin in car rental launch - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/holy-alter-ego-ryanairs-oleary-back-to-old-ways-as-robin-in-car-rental-launch-31476436.html)

Ryanair have choses CarTrawler as Car Hire Partner with launch from September 1st.

AerRyan
25th Aug 2015, 19:28
Won't be long now until the Summer 2016 schedules are released. FR released Stansteds on the 27th of August.

EK77WNCL
25th Aug 2015, 19:53
I'm flying Tours - Dublin - Newcastle on Friday, checked in online and hand luggage only, I have 03:10 transfer in Dublin self connecting will I be allright do you reckon?

I'm expecting/allowing 45 minutes for both immigration and security so 90 minutes... Giving me 01:40 to play with... I hope

racedo
25th Aug 2015, 21:34
I'm flying Tours - Dublin - Newcastle on Friday, checked in online and hand luggage only, I have 03:10 transfer in Dublin self connecting will I be allright do you reckon?

I'm expecting/allowing 45 minutes for both immigration and security so 90 minutes... Giving me 01:40 to play with... I hope

Assumming flight is on time then should have sufficient time.

Looked at time and landing at 17.35 so could be a bit busy but most waited in Dublin to clear immigration is 15 minutes and reality is that going through security for 8pm would still get your flight. Wouldn't recommend going through that late but should still make flight.

davidjohnson6
25th Aug 2015, 21:36
EK777 - as long as the first flight is not significantly delayed and you have an EU passport, you should be absolutely fine.

As advance preparation in case the flight is delayed, have a look at a map of Dublin airport on the web so you know in advance where you'll be heading and maybe print it out on paper. If the first flight is heavily delayed in departing, and your assigned seat is a window in the middle of the aircraft, explain to one of the cabin crew about the tight connection and they may let you have an aisle seat near the front door.

Enjoy your trip !

Jamie2k9
25th Aug 2015, 22:25
Flight Connection route will not be available to you at this time so exit arrivals, take escalator to the right up to Departures and Security is in front of you.

Queue should be no more than 15-20 minutes in worst case while departure gates are around 10 minutes walk from security. Immigration shouldn't take to long either.

racedo
26th Aug 2015, 12:40
while departure gates are around 10 minutes walk from security.

DAA been using Usain Bolt to measure distance and speed again.... :E

Jamie2k9
26th Aug 2015, 22:31
DAA been using Usain Bolt to measure distance and speed again....

Oh ok I will give you an extra 2 minutes, for those really slow people ;)

Seriously it can be comfortable done in 10 minutes at a reasonable pace. If it's down at 112/113 then perhaps another 2 minutes should be given.

737aviator
27th Aug 2015, 09:56
I'm tall and walk fast and I regularly do security to the beginning of the D pier, e.g. 102, in 5 minutes or even a bit less.

AerRyan
27th Aug 2015, 23:30
It's now a day later than when the Stansted summer Schedule was released last year! Is M'OL on holidays?

j636
30th Aug 2015, 13:50
FR holding a press conference to announce flights out of Milan-MXP (T1) on Wednesday.

Wonder if it will be just a transfer of the 10 domestic routes at BGY and perhaps the odd INT route and perhaps a return to Rome-Milan market

Easyjet's domestic could be an interesting one to watch over the next year if they do transfer all domestic routes.

daz211
31st Aug 2015, 16:58
Ryanair are set to announce Milan Malpensa as its 12 Italian base running along side Milan orio al serio.

Routes thought to be announced shortly

London Stansted 3 x daily
Madrid Daily
Naples Daily

More routs set to be announced shortly.

Bjarte
1st Sep 2015, 10:31
New route Summer 2015 Copenhagen:

Porto 3/week

News to be announced within a few weeks: new base at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Ryanair set to take off from Schiphol - NL Times (http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/09/01/ryanair-set-to-take-off-from-schiphol/)

PPRuNeUser0176
1st Sep 2015, 10:35
An announcement due at DUB on Thursday, would imagine in regard to growth for S16.

gilesdavies
1st Sep 2015, 16:21
News to be announced within a few weeks: new base at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Ryanair set to take off from Schiphol - NL Times

My guess is they will either head to head with easyJet on the Amsterdam to London routes, either from Luton or Stansted.

Prepare for it to get messy and the bottom to fall out on ticket prices!

-------------------------------------------------

I wonder how the taxiing and turnaround situation will suit Ryanair at AMS, depending on the runway you land on, you can regularly have a 20 minute taxi to the gate. This eats into valuable to turnaround time.

FRatSTN
1st Sep 2015, 16:31
Looks like also there will be new bases in Ibiza and Santiago de Compostela for S16 looking at some of the flight timings in the STN schedule.

FA10
1st Sep 2015, 22:41
Ryanair are set to announce Milan Malpensa as its 12 Italian base running along side Milan orio al serio.

Routes thought to be announced shortly

London Stansted 3 x daily
Madrid Daily
Naples Daily

More routs set to be announced shortly.

Naples would be the most remarkable news - a large white spot on the FR routemap until now!

LandingConfig
1st Sep 2015, 22:44
I wonder how the taxiing and turnaround situation will suit Ryanair at AMS, depending on the runway you land on, you can regularly have a 20 minute taxi to the gate. This eats into valuable to turnaround time.

The turnaround starts when the aircraft arrives on stand, taxi time is irrelevant.

DaveReidUK
2nd Sep 2015, 06:35
taxi time is irrelevant.

Tell that to an airline scheduler.

OntimeexceptACARS
2nd Sep 2015, 06:44

When I worked at EDI, ATC made me laugh in the days of the FR B732s with the transmission "Ryanair 812 you are cleared to hurtle on to stand 1A".

At AMS I can envisage them coming off 36R stuck behind a dawdling EVA Air or the like, looking for an overtaking opportunity :}

Or is that just me?

EI-BUD
2nd Sep 2015, 07:39
Landing Config,
Taxi time is highly relevant and outside of cost one of the main reasons that FR haven't jumped at many large airports, though that is changing...

FA10,
Re Naples, how long until FR do open a base there? EasyJet have retreated from bases are MAD and FCO. And more than every FR seem to be challenging easyJet more than ever...big opposition on domestics ex STN recently, AMS seems to be set for go, CPH routes etc.

EasyJet dont waste money usually fighting it out on new routes, but it seems likely easyJet will need to face the challenge more rigorously...

737aviator
2nd Sep 2015, 09:59
London summer schedules launched...growth at all 3 airports;

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/15902-ryanair-launches-london-summer-2016-schedule-unveils-next-phase-of-always-getting-better-programme/?market=en)

Milan Malpensa base (1 aircraft) opening from 1st December with routes to Stansted, Comiso, Bucharest, and Seville;
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/novita/15902-ryanair-apre-la-nuova-base-di-milano-malpensa-la-n-73-1-aeromobile-assegnato-100-milioni-di-dollari-di-investimento-4-rotte-e-450-000-clienti/?market=it)

RAT 5
2nd Sep 2015, 11:30
In the past it was RYR who kept away from major airports and opened up the provincial airports. They trumpeted, often correctly, that with short taxi times, low ATC congestion = no delays, fast baggage collection times, good enough public transport that the pax got to their destination faster than via the major hub. easyjet often chose the major hub. RYR kept out of their way. Then, a few years ago, e.g. MAN, MAD, FCO et al RYR followed ez into some of those major hubs. You're have to analyse the routes to see how much head to head there was, but by venturing into expensive major hubs, and following the orange ball, RYR seemed to be adjusting its model. In 2000 ez was AMS's 2nd largest user after KLM, even though they didn't have a base there; they had many movements in/out and wanted desperately to have a base. They cancelled the idea of a base in 2001. AMS's resistance, and other logistics to scheduling changed their mind. The growth of the airline, and a change of heart in AMS, has now opened up the opportunity. For RYR it is a major change, although I thought MAD was also a major shift in strategy and certainly FCO. Latino attitudes and Irish ones don't mix. I can see MOL tearing his hair out soon. CPH proved a major hub too far. We'll see about AMS. Both those northern countries have a tinge of Latino in their culture.

LandingConfig
2nd Sep 2015, 15:27
Landing Config,
Taxi time is highly relevant and outside of cost one of the main reasons that FR haven't jumped at many large airports, though that is changing...

Cost is a separate matter. We are talking about turnaround times.

Jamie2k9
2nd Sep 2015, 15:35
FR use either a 25 or 35 minute turnaround, the latter becoming much more common across Spanish and some major airports. 35 minutes is more less normal for most carriers now days anyway. LGW gets 30 minutes.

Anyway flight times are from push back to arrival on stand.

boyzinblue
3rd Sep 2015, 09:23
Dublin - Amsterdam confirmed from 27th of October (4x daily) with other routes getting increased frequencies - 15 % growth at Dublin for S16.

j636
3rd Sep 2015, 09:46
90 minute turnaround for one of the AMS services, rest are 25 mins

daz211
3rd Sep 2015, 10:59
Think they are just trying the DUB - AMS route to see how it works
Before throwing more destinations in.
I would have loved to have seen STN - AMS.

EI-BUD
3rd Sep 2015, 11:08
They are adding DUB AMS to penetrate more of the Aer Lingus network. Simples. AMS may be a bit different to BRU for them as Aer Lingus has strong feed to KLM from that route, where as BRU wouldn't have nearly as much, but it has other stuff like government ministers etc...

Aer Lingus will do a good job holding its own and with growing transatlantic feed the AMS route will survive..

tattbenj
3rd Sep 2015, 13:44
Does anyone know when reservation for flights in March and April open? A lot of flights from Manchester are showing as sold out for these times and I can't imagine they're fully booked already?

Buster the Bear
3rd Sep 2015, 15:51
Ryanair plans to introduce a new personalised website with digital features such as ‘hold the fare’ and destination content from October, as well as an enhanced insurance offering.

New crew uniforms and improved inflight menus are planned from November and new cabin interiors from January.

Defibrillators will be deployed on all aircraft from November, following passenger consultation.

The 2016 flying programme will see 37 aircraft based at Stansted running 126 routes, including extra flights to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Berlin and Cologne.

The airline will operate 18 routes from Luton using four aircraft based at the airport and is raising frequency to Copenhagen.

Five routes from Gatwick will serve Dublin, Cork, Kaunas, Shannon and Seville with capacity rising to six daily flights to the Irish capital.

Ryanair chief marketing officer, Kenny Jacobs, said: “After a record summer 2015, where we grew our traffic and load factor and improved our industry leading punctuality, Ryanair is pleased to launch our London summer 2016 schedule, which will deliver 22.8m million customers at Stansted, Gatwick and London Luton airports.

“After introducing allocated seating, a second free carry-on bag allowance, Family Extra and Business Plus services, and reducing our fees in year one, we’ve continued to roll out year two of our ‘Always Getting Better’ programme, which has included new native apps, reduced sports and airport fees and the launch of Ryanair Car Hire, which went live on Ryanair.com yesterday [Tuesday].

“Our 103 million customers can look forward to further improvements in the coming months, including our ground breaking personalised website, with exciting new digital features such as ‘hold the fare’ and real customer destination reviews, and improved menus, new cabin crew uniforms and new cabin interiors on board, with more to come in year three, as we continue to offer so much more than just lowest fares.”

PAXboy
5th Sep 2015, 20:16
Further aspects of their self-makeover: Ryanair upgrading from 'Chelsea blue' to 'Spurs blue' colour scheme in rebrand push - Home News - UK - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ryanair-ditching-aggressive-yellow-and-chelsea-blue-colour-scheme-in-rebrand-push-10487162.html)

j636
5th Sep 2015, 22:10
Ryanair reject claims they plan to reopen CPH base and operate it similarly to their seasonal base in MRS.

Ryanair rejects reports of Copenhagen 'virtual' base - ch-aviation.com (http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/39944-ryanair-rejects-reports-of-copenhagen-virtual-base)

racedo
5th Sep 2015, 22:15
Further aspects of their self-makeover: Ryanair upgrading from 'Chelsea blue' to 'Spurs blue' colour scheme in rebrand push - Home News - UK - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ryanair-ditching-aggressive-yellow-and-chelsea-blue-colour-scheme-in-rebrand-push-10487162.html)

"The brash “Chelsea blue” and aggressive yellow that have for years have defined the airline’s cheap and cheerful approach are to be toned down, it was announced this week. By making the blue in its uniforms and livery darker (it will now be a calmer “Spurs blue”) and reducing the quantity of bright yellow in its branding, Easyjet hopes to project a more serious and upmarket image."

The above was from the article which shows how badly written and put together it is..................... are they incapable of actually reading it?

Add to the Marketingspeak of claims "They got the colour wrong" shows how poor the article is.

Every brand does a refresh in the same way that people redecorate their home or change their car which will have been refreshed with add ons and colours.

Shades of a wannabee journalist seeking to make a story from nothing and failing miserably.

Shed-on-a-Pole
6th Sep 2015, 09:52
Slightly bemused by this tenuous football link. Ryanair's current aircraft livery does not feature 'Chelsea blue' anywhere. And 'Spurs' actually play in black and white. I realise that premiership football club names attract attention, but these descriptions don't remotely apply in this instance.

Maybe MOL needs to pay afew more visits to watch Manchester City (he is said to be a fan). Now that is a classy shade of blue!

owenc
6th Sep 2015, 12:08
The first thing they need to do is get rid of the stupid, ridiculous placards glued to the seats and bring back the seatback pockets.

AerRyan
6th Sep 2015, 12:12
Meh I can disagree. It really makes minimal difference and I prefer it without the seat pockets as then I cannot forget things in them, or put my hand in to find a nice surprise from a passenger before me.

Also, I think in terms of safety, its actually better to have the safety information on the back of the seat, so that's its well within the sight of passengers. Flights can get long and boring, so I'd imagine most pax end up reading them, sub-consciously or not!

racedo
6th Sep 2015, 12:44
Meh I can disagree. It really makes minimal difference and I prefer it without the seat pockets as then I cannot forget things in them, or put my hand in to find a nice surprise from a passenger before me.

Also, I think in terms of safety, its actually better to have the safety information on the back of the seat, so that's its well within the sight of passengers. Flights can get long and boring, so I'd imagine most pax end up reading them, sub-consciously or not!

In agreement because having seats pockets means they get overloaded or junk forgotten in there, additionally nothing worse that picking up an inflight mag to find it has been scribbled across or half pages torn out.

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Sep 2015, 15:23
Looks like also there will be new bases in Ibiza and Santiago de Compostela for S16 looking at some of the flight timings in the STN schedule.

Would also appear a base in Kos.

EI-BUD
6th Sep 2015, 16:41
In agreement because having seats pockets means they get overloaded or junk forgotten in there, additionally nothing worse that picking up an inflight mag to find it has been scribbled across or half pages torn out.

From a lean perspective having no seat pockets is a great idea, no need to have to empty rubbish from them, simplicity in terms of no stuff left behind, hence avoiding an industry of lost and found, faster turnarounds and at the end of the day the less complexity there is the lower the costs, hence lower ticket prices ...

EI-BUD

RAT 5
6th Sep 2015, 17:06
The bit that really puts me off about their seats is the angle of rake for the back-rest. It is too vertical to be any where near comfortable; and they have 6 hour sectors in their network. For anyone over dwarf height it's a killer. I get the ida of fixed backs; for maintenance issues, burt that doesn't mean they have to be uncomfortable. On my local national carrier they have reclining seats on their older a/c and fixed on more modern, but different types. The up-rigth angle of the recliner is the same as the fixed and is fine. RYR's is near the torture sleep deprevation position. Why? Did no-one from customer service test them for more than 2 seconds. Ah, all those years ago perhaps the customer service department was a myth. The idea of a GLA-TFS or the like would be unbearable.

Bjarte
10th Sep 2015, 14:47
Lots of new routes announced. But on the other hand, lots of routes will be scrapped this winter.

Münster Airport is completely abandoned, the last remaining route to Malaga is not bookable for summer 2016. Maastricht will lose her routes to Porto and Faro. It looks like Dormund is losing Faro and Girona.

Ryanair is scrapping routes on the tiny airports. For example in Germany, Ryanair focuses more and more on the larger airports (like Hamburg) and current bases (like Hahn).

Hotel Tango
10th Sep 2015, 15:08
Ryanair focuses more and more on the larger airports

RYR are slowly but clearly changing their spots. Comfort Class next? :}

FKB-Freak
10th Sep 2015, 17:36
Ryanair will base a 3rd aircraft in summer 2016 at Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden. Does someone have more informations? Moreover Ryanair want to grow in the next few years from 500.000 passengers to 1.000.000 passengers.

j636
11th Sep 2015, 17:15
Santiago de Compostela base confirmed as 1 aircraft by FR no new routes announced.

Local press in Vigo say FR will open some international routes next summer, Dublin been the first with more to follow. Nothing on FR website yet.

AerRyan
13th Sep 2015, 23:13
No new summer schedules launched in a few days now.

Summer peaks aren't loaded yet, when can we expect these?

Bjarte
14th Sep 2015, 12:19
O'Leary gives a press conference in The Netherlands this week, so the Dutch summer schedule (including AMS, MST and EIN) will be loaded soon I guess.

Jorik
14th Sep 2015, 15:42
Just to add: That press conference will be in Amsterdam this Wednesday.

mik3bravo
18th Sep 2015, 07:17
Looks like WestJet has beaten Ryanair in the race of budget airlines to start attacking the transatlantic routes.

Fly WestJet to London for as little as $199 - Sep 15, 2015 (http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1039)

Where is Ryanair at with their plans to launch services into North America?

AerRyan
18th Sep 2015, 07:21
Ever hear of Norweigen Air Shuttle? They were the first LCC on transatlantic.

Ryanair won't launch transatlantic until they get a hold of a nice amount of Widebody jets (10+). At the moment these are in rather short supply, so I can't see Transatlantic for quite some time on Ryanair.

aer lingus
18th Sep 2015, 09:42
WEst Jet have been flying T/A for the last two years, started with Dublin last year and now Edinburgh this year.

owenc
18th Sep 2015, 09:53
What about wifi and connectivity?

RAT 5
18th Sep 2015, 09:54
Ever hear of Norweigen Air Shuttle? They were the first LCC on transatlantic.

Ever hear of Laker Airways?

Big newspaper article about MOL trying to cosy up to KLM for a feeder link. This has been broached with BA as well, as discussed on here. "Whatever next"? said Red Riding Hood to the Fox.

737aviator
18th Sep 2015, 10:53
WEst Jet have been flying T/A for the last two years, started with Dublin last year and now Edinburgh this year.

Westjet flew St Johns - Dublin for the summer season of 2014 and 2015, and its Halifax - Glasgow that launched for summer 2015 in addition to Dublin.

racedo
18th Sep 2015, 17:38
Big newspaper article about MOL trying to cosy up to KLM for a feeder link. This has been broached with BA as well, as discussed on here. "Whatever next"? said Red Riding Hood to the Fox.

Who needs whom more ?

Ryanair heading in excess of 100 million passengers and on course to make €1 this year where as KLM is part of Air France............nuff said.

RAT 5
18th Sep 2015, 19:25
KLM makes profit and wants to dump AF. I would have thought, if KLM wants an LoCo external feeder, they would go to ez. All very hypothetical and very much wait & see, & out of our influence.
I wonder why everybody trumpets RYR profits. If I read the figures correctly ez makes more profit per a/c than RYR, but no-one trumpets that. Am I wrong?

racedo
18th Sep 2015, 20:11
KLM makes profit and wants to dump AF. I would have thought, if KLM wants an LoCo external feeder, they would go to ez. All very hypothetical and very much wait & see, & out of our influence.

AF own KLM so KLM has bugger all influence of what AF do.

I wonder why everybody trumpets RYR profits. If I read the figures correctly ez makes more profit per a/c than RYR, but no-one trumpets that. Am I wrong?

Easyjet Fares are 38% higher than Ryanair

Jamie2k9
19th Sep 2015, 11:21
Ryanair heading in excess of 100 million passengers and on course to make €1 this year where as KLM is part of Air France............nuff said.

Would be time to make drastic changes if that forecast is correct :rolleyes:

Easyjet Fares are 38% higher than Ryanair

28% according latest FR data however it's a numbers game and very easy for anybody to present them to make one side seem more appealing.

racedo
19th Sep 2015, 11:43
Would be time to make drastic changes if that forecast is correct :rolleyes:

28% according latest FR data however it's a numbers game and very easy for anybody to present them to make one side seem more appealing.

Ouch on 1 but I was correct on fares as I said Easyjet 38% higher than Ryanair (78/56), their claim is 28% lower than Easyjet which is also correct.

RAT 5
19th Sep 2015, 12:03
There are 'fares' & 'fares'. Is it apples & apples? That debate has been had many times between many carriers. I often fly a national carrier. Often its final paid price with luggage is cheaper than a LoCo from the same area, not necessarily airport. e.g. the final price is €120 national & €150 Loco. Not too much if convenience might dictate the higher fare. But, I'm then astounded, when clicking on 'fare details' of the national to see the 'ticket fare' is as low as €30. The add ons are security, pax tax, environment tax, ATC charges, airport xyz, etc. etc. In that case even the ticket fare was cheaper than the LoCo which started life at say €90. The LoCo price breakdown only publishes the add ons charged by the airline after you've bought the ticket. What puzzles me is that the ticket is sometimes, not this occasion, cheaper than the mandatory add-ons charged by the airport. How can that be???? Surely every carrier has to pay the local charges equally?
Thus it is still all a mystery and finding apples & apples is not easy. It still comes down to the final charges on the credit card.

CCFAIRPORT
19th Sep 2015, 15:50
NEW ROUTE

Bristol to Krakow

4 flights / week (MO-WE-FR-SU)

From March 17th 2016

Jamie2k9
19th Sep 2015, 15:52
I was correct on fares as I said Easyjet 38% higher than Ryanair (78/56), their claim is 28% lower than Easyjet which is also correct

Fair enough suppose lots of ways to look at it.

But, I'm then astounded, when clicking on 'fare details' of the national to see the 'ticket fare' is as low as €30. The add ons are security, pax tax, environment tax, ATC charges, airport xyz, etc. etc. In that case even the ticket fare was cheaper than the LoCo which started life at say €90. The LoCo price breakdown only publishes the add ons charged by the airline after you've bought the ticket. What puzzles me is that the ticket is sometimes, not this occasion, cheaper than the mandatory add-ons charged by the airport. How can that be???? Surely every carrier has to pay the local charges equally?

Generally yes but airport costs vary for gates/a-bridges/aircraft/terminal in some cases, time on ground etc.

It's really based on how you display the fee's to customers. FR have displayed the taxes previously but then loco's sort of moved to a single fare which flag carriers had but also allow a more detailed breakdown.

In some cases it's not practical to change passengers full fee's etc on every single route. UK-IE traffic would be a good example.

RAT 5
19th Sep 2015, 19:34
If what you say is correct then you have proved my point. The pax is only interested in the final price; i.e. the charge on the credit card. However, the PR for the airlines is to promote that they are the cheapest fare. Apples and any fruit you care to mention, but rarely the same. True for all carriers. There are too many quirks. Buyer beware.

CCFAIRPORT
21st Sep 2015, 11:49
NEW ROUTES

Rome-Fiumicino to Kos
Rome-Fiumicino to Creta Chania
Rome-Fiumicino to Corfu
Rome-Fiumicino to Crotone
Rome-Fiumicino to Trapani
Rome-Fiumicino to Malta

Starts 27 and 29th March 2016

CCFAIRPORT
22nd Sep 2015, 10:16
NEW ROUTE

Copenhagen to Tenerife South

from 26th october 2015 (winter season only) 2 pw

scodaman
22nd Sep 2015, 17:00
Anyone with connections know what Ryanairs plans are for City of Derry Airport EGAE/LDY for summer 2016?

HH6702
22nd Sep 2015, 17:51
Still hoping they add a few more from Newcastle

ssflyer
23rd Sep 2015, 22:09
Nowt yet for 2016 to GRO from EMA/BHX (non expected) or from BRS.
Don't tell me that Stanstead will be the only airport between London and MAN offering that route?
SSF

daz211
24th Sep 2015, 08:38
I wish Ryanair would introduce a MAN - STN service
I'm sure a deal is there to be had

canberra97
24th Sep 2015, 17:41
Ssflyer

It's STANSTED NOT STANSTEAD!

RAT 5
24th Sep 2015, 17:57
Years ago ez had a LPL-LTN & Blackpool-LTN daily schedule perfect for commuters. Beat the train on price and time. Both were axed. Pax complained. Nowt. Perhaps the trains have improved, but for me a train trip with reserved seat beats an a/c everyday. The airport hassle alone is bypassed, oH deep joy.

Scottie Dog
24th Sep 2015, 19:10
Out of interest when Eastern operated the Stansted route in July 2005 they carried 1533 passenger. By 2006 the route had been taken over by Air Berlin and the passenger throughput went up to 9332. Thereafter the figures started to trail off, however I do not have full records beyond 2007 at the present time.

davidjohnson6
24th Sep 2015, 19:49
C'mon people. You all know that Stansted is a runway in agricultural area with low population density. Much of the passenger base uses STN as a transit point while travelling to or from London.

In the early 2000s the railway line between Euston, the Midlands and North West England was either lousy or undergoing major engineering works which translated into often slow or delayed trains. The bulk of the work finished in 2006 with the last bits substantially complete by 2008. Unless offering this as a proper connecting flight, flying passengers between the south east and Liverpool / Manchester is going to really struggle post 2008.

daz211
24th Sep 2015, 20:10
Please a runway in an Agracultural area yawn yawn yawn.

The price of a train from my town Colchester to Manchester is discussing
And the journey consists of a drive into town to the station that can take
30 mins the same time it takes to get to STN then there is a 50 min train journey to Liverpool Street then a tube ride to Euston by this point you have already spent approx £40 now onto the train at Euston I can already be at the departure gat at STN must go on I know the route would be used because the same was said about Newcastle and to an extent Glasgow and Edinburgh both easy reached by rail the point is rail is far to expensive in this country and air travel is very cheap.

AirportPlanner1
24th Sep 2015, 20:29
You are all correct but really this should be in the STN thread.

Actually, for the purposes of a route to MAN then yes STN is a runway in the open countryside. But, as it's outside of 'London' there is a catchment for whom train travel isn't so quick.

Eastern, BA and Manx served the need well, and it ticked along for years with modest numbers paying extortionate fares for the privilege. As noted along came AB with fares a fraction of the price and the timings were pretty good. Of course, Eastern didn't stand a chance. However, the loads weren't spectacular as I recall, and that was with feed to the German routes. It didn't last, and when Eastern returned folk were less willing to fork out having been used to paying £40-80, not £250-£500.

mik3bravo
25th Sep 2015, 05:52
Ryanair AGM at Dublin airport yesterday they publically reiterated they have abandoned all plans to develop a transatlantic service and instead are choosing to further expand services within Europe.

Sorry no link - awaiting AGM transcript.

AerRyan
25th Sep 2015, 07:07
I'd be surprised if there was a plan for TATL.

Bigbluebroxi
27th Sep 2015, 18:25
New routes for EDI and GLA probably be announced early in the week.

AerRyan
27th Sep 2015, 20:18
Anyone know when Ryanair will launch SNN/ORK-BCN in response to Norwegian on the route?

Wycombe
27th Sep 2015, 21:53
Website has a NQY destination page:

https://www.ryanair.com/en/flights-to-newquay/

Does this mean a return is in the offing?

CabinCrewe
28th Sep 2015, 07:39
and combine the rumours to GLA-NQY !

RAT 5
28th Sep 2015, 09:03
Why do RYR & ez shun the Channel Islands? If they think there's money to be made from the middle of no-where NQY why not Jersey & Guernsey? Surely the islands have sufficient demand both ways.

Jwscud
28th Sep 2015, 09:18
I would guess that the runways are too short for comfort. That is certainly the case at Guernsey and I would guess marginal at Jersey, especially given the weather - doable on a dry runway with a reasonable load but definitely not wet. DTM is the shortest LDA FR goes into, and that is sporting enough with 1700m.

eye2eye5
28th Sep 2015, 09:48
EasyJet run a daily LPL - JER.

737aviator
28th Sep 2015, 10:09
Presumably as A319 is substantially smaller it is more suited to short runways like these.
FR pulled out of Belfast City because the runway was too restrictive to takeoff performance, and thats over 100m longer than Jersey. At least with DTM, 2000m is available for takeoff.

CabinCrewe
28th Sep 2015, 11:35
We'll see what MOLs visit to Scotland tomorrow brings apart from the usual bolsch and bravado!

mwm991
28th Sep 2015, 13:01
We'll see what MOLs visit to Scotland tomorrow brings apart from the usual bolsch and bravado!
Any speculation bar Newquay? GLA could certainly do with a Scandinavian route. How long ago did the GOT-PIK route get canned?

I suspect any new routes will be city routes, keeping the sunshine lot at PIK.

CabinCrewe
28th Sep 2015, 13:56
Doubt we'll see GLA - NQY just seemed a coincidence. FR could provide BRU, Paris, Frankfurt, MAD all easily with good returns ex GLA I would imagine. Hopefully not sunshine routes or yet more Eastern European...

mwm991
28th Sep 2015, 14:13
They will obviously consider how any expansion will affect services at EDI, so its hard to speculate.

GLA is well covered in Eastern Europe now with Ryanair moving in last year and the arrival of Wizz. Not sure what is left of the market there.

737aviator
29th Sep 2015, 15:06
Nothing major for GLA/PIK then it seems which is a surprise! Just Berlin continuing into the summer season (as if it wasn't going to!) and an extra flight a week to Riga.
PIK supposedly has extra flights to PSA, but PSA was 2 weekly this summer too so I don't quite understand that announcement. In any case, PIK does actually appear to have lost CFU for next summer.

j636
30th Sep 2015, 09:33
FR have applied for slots at Charles de Gaulle and Orly.

Ryanair has applied for slots at Paris Roissy and Orly airports - O'Leary | Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/09/30/uk-ryanair-france-idUKKCN0RU0J120150930)

davidjohnson6
30th Sep 2015, 12:20
I thought MOL said he'd never consider LHR, CDG or FRA...

Jorik
30th Sep 2015, 12:46
A few years ago FR said they would never fly to the biggest airports in Europe, like FRA, CDG, LHR and AMS. A few years later AMS is now a FR destination and they're looking at setting up a base there....

RAT 5
30th Sep 2015, 14:30
I wouldn't call MAD, FCO, DUB small airports. They were/are bases at the national capitols.

EI-BUD
30th Sep 2015, 14:47
As I recall MOL cited the 3 airports LHR, CDG and FRA as no go areas. I never recall AMS being mentioned, that said some things are changing, example, there are repeated mention from various media sources about feeder services to large carriers, that could play a part. Equally, an event like Transavia ops to Dublin from Paris primary airport combined with the continued desire to put it up to Aer Lingus. These sort of things give motivation.

EasyJet seem to be on Ryanair 's radar more than ever..
And they've been stranger to turning up at easyJet's bases (past and present ones), examples include Rome FCO, Madrid, Lisbon and now Amsterdam and Malfeasance... A distinct increase in competitive challenge to easyJet is a feature... Hence part of the interest in some of these airports...

Sober Lark
30th Sep 2015, 17:11
I'd be surprised if there was a plan for TATL.

Agree. Transatlantic would take their eye off the ball when it comes to targeting 25% of European traffic within 10 years.

Alsacienne
30th Sep 2015, 20:42
TATL with 737-800s? Not a hope in hell without a refuelling stop!

RAT 5
30th Sep 2015, 20:57
KLM/Privatair do AMS - Houston B738, but then again premium low density seating high fare paying pax paid for by their employer. I thought LH used to do/ was doing something similar from DUS to USA. Now that would be a different ball game for RYR. But why not? If they could undercut these major carriers at their own game and offer similar service at 30% discount from STN, MAN, DUB, CDG, MAD, AMS, GLA/EDI, BFS, LIS, TOU, NRN, EIN, perhaps there is a successful business plan to be had. Is there a will? Perhaps there is a way.
I'm not suggesting they 'should' do it, I just question if it might be feasible with dedicated a/c, and cabin crew.

CabinCrewe
30th Sep 2015, 21:26
Think its been a while since Privatair KLM did that route and it was a 73G which is a different beast to a lowcost FR 737

Scottish Flyer
1st Oct 2015, 11:17
Ryanair have now clarified their announcement about Prestwick flights next summer. The frequency of Pisa flights will remain the same as 2015 - twice weekly - but the period of operation will be extended from part to full season. Contrary to 737aviator's comment that Corfu looks like it is being dropped from Prestwick for 2016 it has been confirmed that it will operate and the schedule is now loaded on the Ryanair website though not yet on sale.

PPRuNeUser0176
1st Oct 2015, 14:01
Ryanair chairman pours cold water on O'Leary plan - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/ryanair-chairman-pours-cold-water-on-oleary-plan-31571654.html)

Sober Lark
1st Oct 2015, 18:37
Looking at that photo EI-EIDW, Mr Bonderman certainly looked as if he was 'ironing' out any such perception. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhMsuinSt6aNpsjR94kHCo-XO2EP_64Tl_hI6q6z2uP9eHWgbWyg

racedo
1st Oct 2015, 18:42
He was saying he is a Sceptic ..................... not that he was completely against it.

Think he has found out to his benefit that MOL has a habit of making things work profitably.

davidjohnson6
1st Oct 2015, 18:53
It is convention within the UK and Ireland that the chairman of a large company listed on a stock exchange should always support the CEO in public, particularly when talking to the press. What goes on behind closed doors is of course an entirely separate matter.

If the chairman cannot give unqualified support about a CEO's statements on a topic, there is a significant chance that the two people have argued extensively on the subject.

racedo
1st Oct 2015, 19:07
It is convention within the UK and Ireland that the chairman of a large company listed on a stock exchange should always support the CEO in public, particularly when talking to the press. What goes on behind closed doors is of course an entirely separate matter.

If the chairman cannot give unqualified support about a CEO's statements on a topic, there is a significant chance that the two people have argued extensively on the subject.

Ryanair doesn't do conventional.

He got asked an open question and was pretty straight up in answering it, given Bonderman is a Texan and doesn't do interviews then some Journo got lucky in getting Interview.

Bottom line is MOL runs the company not Bonderman.

Shed-on-a-Pole
7th Oct 2015, 14:28
Checked-in online this afternoon using the new Ryanair BETA website. It froze when I chose the select seat option resulting in me having to start again. Upon completion of check-in, the boarding pass appeared in a very odd format which would not print. The only way to resolve this was to revert to the old site, retrieve the booking and print the boarding pass from there. No problem with that.

Returned to the BETA site and selected the 'send feedback' option. Wrote a brief account of the technical issues. Upon pressing 'SEND' a red box appeared: "AJAX error thrown. JSON Parse Error. Unexpected identifier ... etc." Tried two or three more times, modifying the inputs slightly. Same outcome on each occasion.

I urge Ryanair to keep the old version of the website available until further notice. As an Apple OSX Mavericks user, I wouldn't like to be relying on the BETA website in its current form whilst traveling away from home.

Has anybody else here had a better experience of this new BETA site yet? Is it just an issue for MAC users?

Shanwickman
7th Oct 2015, 14:40
Used it yesterday to check in without any problems.

Shed-on-a-Pole
7th Oct 2015, 14:48
Thanks, Shanwickman. Were you using an Apple device, or were you using a Microsoft-based machine?

owenc
7th Oct 2015, 15:08
Not true at all. If you go via Ireland to EWR/BOS a 737-800 flight is certainly viable, especially if you cut down the number of seats to 150.

ayroplain
7th Oct 2015, 15:23
Has anybody else here had a better experience of this new BETA site yet? Is it just an issue for MAC users?
I tried it a few times this morning on my Win 7 PC using the latest Firefox but the beta website was not displaying correctly and was unusable. I called up the old website and it had no MyRyanair login at the top (a problem we had earlier in the year). I then switched to Google Chrome and the new beta site was displaying absolutely perfectly. I did have to re-enter some details, phone no. etc but my bookings went through smoothly and confirmation emails arrived instantly.

I'm assuming that with my passport details now saved on the site they will automatically appear when checking in saving time in the future.

pee
8th Oct 2015, 12:18
Ryanair will not serve Finland this Winter. Next Summer season there will be no more flights from the UK to Tampere. Ryanair will continue flying to TMP just from two airports: BRE and BUD, all other routes will be terminated. Lappeenranta and Turku will not be served at all.

In the future, Chief Commercial Officer David O'Brien is willing to consider HEL as a destination possibly cooperating with Finnair to provide connecting flight to AY's Asian destinations.

This information is based on today's official news broadcasted by Finnish Radio.

AerRyan
14th Oct 2015, 22:12
How about you look next time, huh Racedo?

Ryanair announce new Corfu base

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/151014-new-corfu-base-no-75-to-open-as-ryanair-doubles-traffic/?market=ie)

1 BASED AIRCRAFT, $100M INVESTMENT & 11 NEW ROUTES

Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (14 Oct) announced it will open a new base at Corfu (No. 75), from April 2016, with 1 based aircraft (an investment of $100m), 11 new routes to Birmingham, Bratislava, Budapest, Cologne, Rome, Katowice, Poznan, Pisa, Rzeszow, Venice and Warsaw and more flights to Brussels Charleroi, East Midlands, London Stansted & Milan Bergamo, which will deliver 300,000 customers p.a. and support 225* “on-site” jobs, as Ryanair doubles its Corfu traffic.

From April, Ryanair will open a base in Corfu and deliver:

1 based aircraft ($100m)
11 new routes
21 routes in total
More flights to Brussels (1 to 2 weekly), East Midlands (1 to 2), London S (4 to 5) & Milan B (4 to 5)
300,000 customers p.a. (+150,000)
225* “on site” jobs p.a.
11 New Corfu Summer 2016 Routes

Routes

Frequencies

Birmingham

2 x weekly

Bratislava

1 x weekly

Budapest

1 x weekly

Cologne

2 x weekly

Rome Fiumicino

2 x weekly

Katowice

1 x weekly

Poznan

1 x weekly

Pisa

2 x weekly

Rzeszow

1 x weekly

Venice Treviso

2 x weekly

Warsaw Modlin

1 x weekly

In Corfu, Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer, David O’Brien said:

“Ryanair is pleased to announce that we will open a new Corfu base from April, our fourth in Greece, with one aircraft and 21 routes, which will deliver 300,000 customers p.a. and support 225 jobs at Corfu Airport. Greece is a significant growth market for Ryanair, and we will continue to connect our Greek airports with Europe’s major cities such as Brussels London and Milan, making Ryanair the ideal choice for business and leisure customers.

To celebrate our new Corfu base we are releasing seats for sale at prices starting from just €29.99 for travel from April and May, which must be booked by Friday (16 Oct). Since these amazing low prices will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto Official Ryanair Website | Cheap Flights | Exclusive Deals (http://www.ryanair.com) and avoid missing out.”

- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/151014-new-corfu-base-no-75-to-open-as-ryanair-doubles-traffic/?market=ie#sthash.eOFATbqe.dpuf)

RAT 5
15th Oct 2015, 04:33
Ryanair announce new Corfu base

And who goes to/from Corfu in the winter? Is this a season base rather than all year round?

M-JCS
15th Oct 2015, 07:28
Bottom line is MOL runs the company not Bonderman.

So long as Mr Bonderman provides the financial wherewithal, I suspect MOL will pay much more attention than you think. And yes, I know Ryanair are listed on the NYSE. I think you'll find Mr Bonderman played a significant role in bringing them there in the first place.

AerRyan
17th Oct 2015, 20:11
When will Ryanair confirm their SNN, NOC, KIR and ORK summer schedules? They had it done by the 8th of October last year, why the delay this year?

Teaboy24
24th Oct 2015, 11:45
Just got issued with one of their new printed boarding cards. Someone at Ryanair has a sense of humour as they want you to fold it in a certain way. Instructions to do this are printed on the paper.

Experience in origami is useful !!!

maggot738
26th Oct 2015, 10:42
Looking at the summer schedule it would seem that the Marseille Claytons base (The base you have when you don't have a base) will not be operating next year. That's a shame as I have always enjoyed my odd week or three there.
Maggot

FR8364
26th Oct 2015, 18:30
Tomorrow Vigo (VGO) to be released as new destination for RYANAIR.

New routes to BCN [7x from January], DUB [2x from April] and BLQ [2x from April].

Regards.-

EI-DAC
27th Oct 2015, 12:33
28/10: press release @ Torino TRN
28/10: press release @ Bologna BLQ
29/10: press release @ Verona VRN

j636
27th Oct 2015, 17:14
Tomorrow Vigo (VGO) to be released as new destination for RYANAIR.

New routes to BCN [7x from January], DUB [2x from April] and BLQ [2x from April].

Regards.-

Press release also states that Edinburgh and Milan will follow for winter 2016/17

FR8364
27th Oct 2015, 20:10
^ I think it's not winter, but summer season 2017...

CCFAIRPORT
28th Oct 2015, 14:24
NEW ROUTES

Manchester to Bratislava (Begins 1 April 2016)
Manchester to Brindisi (Begins 28 March 2016)
Manchester to Carcassonne (Begins 1 April 2016)
Manchester to Malta (Begins 17 March 2016)
Manchester to Limoges
Düsseldorf-Weeze to Malta
Düsseldorf-Weeze to Comiso
Verona to Charleroi
Bologna to Thessaloniki

cornishsimon
28th Oct 2015, 14:28
Press conference at NQY 29/10 @ 1330

cs

pamann
29th Oct 2015, 14:09
Every time I read an article about Ryanair and the possibility that they are 'in talks' with longhaul airlines to offer connections, the article refers to them offering connections with IAG at STN...

Ryanair names potential international partners (http://www.impactpub.com.au/micebtn/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19772:ryanair-names-potential-international-partners&catid=15:btn-news&Itemid=50)

Am I missing something? :confused:

fivejuliet
29th Oct 2015, 14:37
2x weekly NQY-ALC and NQY-HHN announced, starts April.

Bagso
29th Oct 2015, 14:58
IAG have no flights from STN... ?

AerRyan
29th Oct 2015, 15:02
IAG have no flights from STN... ?

Maybe, just maybe, that was the point of the post above?

daz211
29th Oct 2015, 15:10
Maybe behind closed door deals when discussing the sale of EI shares ?
Just my thoughts nothing more.

racedo
2nd Nov 2015, 18:44
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/151102-half-year-profits-rise-37-to-1-088m/?market=en)

Good set of H1 results.

daz211
3rd Nov 2015, 20:42
Ryanair tweeted this at 1800 today, the odd thing is Ryanair don't man or woman Twitter at this time normally.

@Ryanair: We’ve some very exciting news coming later this evening. Tune in at midnight!

Are we just to expect a seat sale? Bit odd to say tune in st midnight or is my mind running away with itself.

racedo
3rd Nov 2015, 21:03
Ryanair tweeted this at 1800 today, the odd thing is Ryanair don't man or woman Twitter at this time normally.

@Ryanair: We’ve some very exciting news coming later this evening. Tune in at midnight!

Are we just to expect a seat sale? Bit odd to say tune in st midnight or is my mind running away with itself.

Bugger as wanted an early night :(

daz211
3rd Nov 2015, 21:24
Me too, Ryanair wouldn't normally announce a seat sale at midnight in this manner but anything could happen, can't be any massive news though because something regarding say Longhaul or Airline partner with interlining would have leaked before midnight :confused:

PPRuNeUser0176
3rd Nov 2015, 21:55
Probally another 30c sale or even a return of 1c sale.

AerRyan
3rd Nov 2015, 23:51
Launch of 1million seats at €15. How exciting.....

SealinkBF
4th Nov 2015, 00:27
Launch of 1million seats at €15. How exciting.....

Tell me about it... was timed out of a booking and fare changed from £9.99 to £15 !

davidjohnson6
23rd Nov 2015, 23:28
As many are aware, late autumn is a time when many European airlines announce new leisure routes to start in the following spring.

Ryanair (and Easyjet) seem to have been rather quiet in this regard - in particular very few airports seem to be joining their network so far. In about two or three weeks, Europeans start ignoring the news and think only of Xmas, so if press releases are to be issued it needs to be soon or they will have to wait until next year.

So... anyone know if a few surprises are coming or are Ryanair purely in join-the-dots mode and completely done with flying to haystacks in the middle of nowhere ?

racedo
24th Nov 2015, 21:15
DJ

I think both are in a wait and see position.

If Oil still remains low next year and bookings for next couple of months are good then suggest some new routes (or going back to old ones).

I sense a holding pattern at the moment from both.

It seems all good news for LCCs at moment and that is a concern given 8 years of turmoil.

CCFAIRPORT
26th Nov 2015, 12:39
NEW ROUTE

Budapest to Gran Canaria Las Palmas (1pw SUN)

starts 3rd April 2016

eu01
28th Nov 2015, 10:49
I'm somewhat astonished by the glitch in the Ryanair booking system and I try to predict what are going to be its consequences for the carrier and its passengers. Want to depart on, say, Friday? After you have selected the day from the flight calendar, the booking system puts in your basket the ticket for... the next day. If you are observant enough, you are still able to verify it before the purchase, but otherwise you end up with the flight for Saturday. Unhappy? Now, let's wait and see will FR be friendly enough to adjust your booking afterwards...

Can't believe? No, it's not just today, it started at least a week ago. Try to simulate any booking, surprise yourself. :hmm:

ayroplain
28th Nov 2015, 11:26
I'm somewhat astonished by the glitch in the Ryanair booking system and I try to predict what are going to be its consequences for the carrier and its passengers. Want to depart on, say, Friday? After you have selected the day from the flight calendar, the booking system puts in your basket the ticket for... the next day. If you are observant enough, you are still able to verify it before the purchase, but otherwise you end up with the flight for Saturday. Unhappy? Now, let's wait and see will FR be friendly enough to adjust your booking afterwards...

Can't believe? No, it's not just today, it started at least a week ago. Try to simulate any booking, surprise yourself.
Hmmm, hasn't happened to any of my bookings made this past week and is not happening as we speak either. I've just done three test bookings. Strange.

ayroplain
28th Nov 2015, 11:51
I've delved a bit further and tried bookings for later on in April and May that I wouldn't normally be booking at this time and you are right. Bloody 'ell!!!

RAT 5
28th Nov 2015, 12:06
eu01: And have you alerted RYR to this problem???? Or are you waiting to conduct a class action for all the irate pax next year? (jokingly)

Charlie Roy
28th Nov 2015, 12:22
I'm somewhat astonished by the glitch in the Ryanair booking system

That's still there?!
I noticed it 28 hours ago when the Black Friday flash sale was announced.

:eek:

paully
28th Nov 2015, 12:44
I thought that the previous website was easier to use than this current new one..still get what you pay for don`t you

Charlie Roy
28th Nov 2015, 13:13
I thought that the previous website was easier to use than this current new one

Ryanair, Aer Lingus, Norwegian have all moved to these websites that are "zoomed in" as if it is for the visually impaired, and the amount of information visible on the screen at any given moment is limited and user needs to scroll constantly, or the site scrolls automatically. All very annoying.

eu01
28th Nov 2015, 13:56
eu01: And have you alerted RYR to this problem???? Or are you waiting to conduct a class action for all the irate pax next year? (jokingly)
I just keep in mind their unwillingness to communicate with the customers and lack of public e-mail for the purpose. True, nowadays you can get in touch via social media (I guess), but if so, they do read pprune too, aren't they?

What amazes me is the lack of surveillance. At present, my son makes a decent amount of money by testing software and websites (not theirs) - doesn't FR test its system at all?

Sober Lark
28th Nov 2015, 18:20
Not only Ryanair, look at Aer Lingus and others...

Charge someone to design a system with errors. Do a survey to see what people think and then charge to fix the errors that shouldn't have been there in the first place the joke being if at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.

racedo
3rd Dec 2015, 11:38
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ryanair-passenger-numbers-off-november-074700774.html

Bumper passenger figures with a rolling 99.9 Million people carried in last 12 months.

racedo
3rd Dec 2015, 11:46
Ryanair to sue Google and eDreams - RTÉ News (http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2015/1201/750492-ryanair-to-sue-google-and-edreams/)

Ryanair to sue Edreams and Google.

When you look at the edreams website it is very clearly an attempt to pass themselves off as Ryanair with use of Photos and Fonts

Book Cheap Ryanair Flights on eDreams.co.uk (http://www.edreams.co.uk/flights/airline/FR/ryanair/?mktportal=google&gclid=CJTa-eXav8kCFSgGwwodTJIKiA)

MARKEYD
4th Dec 2015, 16:00
Does anyone know if Ryanair have finished loading there summer 2016 schedule from Bournemouth yet , last year they left it till after christmas to announce that they were not continuing with certain routes , seven in fact due to lack of available aircraft

At the moment nothing new has been added just a carbon copy of this year

j636
8th Dec 2015, 09:48
FR have applied for 21 daily slots at CDG to serve Barcelona, Bergamo, Rome, Dublin, Lisbon, Madrid, Porto and Berlin Schönefeld with up to 3 daily on some routes. They have received 15 slots. Appears not been able to get ORY ones is the main driver.

Ryanair obtient une quinzaine de vols quotidiens à Roissy (http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-finance/services/transport-logistique/ryanair-obtient-une-quinzaine-de-vols-quotidiens-a-roissy-534000.html)

BFS Dude
12th Dec 2015, 20:12
Anyone on this thread know if there is any press release planned at Belfast any time soon for the planned Ryanair return?

Jorik
7th Jan 2016, 13:01
Ryanair will return to Belfast starting in March with a route to London Gatwick.

NEW ROUTE:
Belfast (BFS) - London Gatwick (LGW) starting March 27, 2016.

And it is understood it is considering at least six other destinations from the airport - potentially to sun and leisure destinations not currently served from the north.

LGS6753
12th Jan 2016, 14:15
Travel Mole reports Ryanair adding summer 16 capacity to Malaga as follows:

Bournemouth 6 to 7 weekly
Bristol 3 to 4 weekly
East Midlands 13 to 15 weekly
Leeds 7 to 8 weekly
Liverpool 9 to 11 weekly
Manchester 12 to 14 weekly
Glasgow Prestwick 6 to 7 weekly
Stansted 20 to 22 weekly

marko1
12th Jan 2016, 16:28
Travel Mole reports Ryanair adding summer 16 capacity to Malaga as follows:

Bournemouth 6 to 7 weekly
Bristol 3 to 4 weekly
East Midlands 13 to 15 weekly
Leeds 7 to 8 weekly
Liverpool 9 to 11 weekly
Manchester 12 to 14 weekly
Glasgow Prestwick 6 to 7 weekly
Stansted 20 to 22 weekly

Brs is actually increased from 7 weekly to 9 per week

Seljuk22
12th Jan 2016, 16:54
More than 100 million passengers in 2015
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160107-first-airline-to-carry-over-100m-international-customers-in-one-year/?market=en)

Seljuk22
14th Jan 2016, 16:39
Timisoara will be base No 78 from November
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160114-ryanair-anunta-baza-nr-78-la-timisoara/?market=ro)

FR announced following routes from TSR:
OTP 14/7
STN 7/7
BGY 5/7
CRL 3/7
SXF 2/7
NRN 2/7
HHN 2/7

racedo
14th Jan 2016, 17:22
FR clearly on a fast expansion curve with new aircraft arriving.

davidjohnson6
14th Jan 2016, 19:30
Announcing a new base and routes that will not start for another 10 months seems a little surprising - routes targeted at migrant labour don't usually get heavily booked up so far in advance. Is there perhaps some sort of pre-emptive land grab going on, to persuade another airline that opening up routes at Timisoara would be a bad idea ?

daz211
15th Jan 2016, 15:28
Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (15 Jan) announced further expansion to its Stansted Summer 2016 schedule.
A new route to Palanga in Lithuania.

nwoody2001
15th Jan 2016, 16:38
.... direct competition with Wizz?? Wizz currently only have 1 route from Palanga, guess where to...? Luton!!!

daz211
15th Jan 2016, 17:31
Looks like Ryanair are going after Wizz with the last two announced routes/base.

RAT 5
15th Jan 2016, 18:11
Is it still the case that one of the largest shareholders in Wizzair is also in RYR? Big dog eat small dog, or might there be a merger, or is someone hedging bets?

Shamrock350
15th Jan 2016, 18:33
Well Ryanair dropped Luton to Kaunas in favour of Vilnius from this summer putting them in competition with Wizz, meanwhile Wizz announced Palanga and quickly followed with their own Luton to Kaunas service, replacing Ryanair on the route. This also makes Wizz the only other scheduled airline to Kaunas other than Ryanair so it looks like the battle is hotting up between them, at least in Lithuanian skies.

racedo
16th Jan 2016, 10:34
Well Ryanair dropped Luton to Kaunas in favour of Vilnius from this summer putting them in competition with Wizz, meanwhile Wizz announced Palanga and quickly followed with their own Luton to Kaunas service, replacing Ryanair on the route. This also makes Wizz the only other scheduled airline to Kaunas other than Ryanair so it looks like the battle is hotting up between them, at least in Lithuanian skies.

There isn't another 40 million PAX growth out there without taking this from the competition.

MAJP
26th Jan 2016, 07:16
RYR01 lands yesterday evening in TLS.

An Annoncement today

In French

Ryanair annonce une arrivée en force à Toulouse-Blagnac - 26/01/2016 - ladepeche.fr (http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2016/01/26/2263826-ryanair-annonce-une-arrivee-en-force-a-toulouse-blagnac.html)

daz211
26th Jan 2016, 07:48
Ryanair, today (26 Jan) announced flights at Toulouse Blagnac (its 32nd French airport) with 7 routes to/from Berlin, Brussels, Fez, London Stansted, Madrid, Malta and Warsaw from November 2016.

davidjohnson6
26th Jan 2016, 09:15
Will Carcassonne, Lourdes or (what's left of) Rodez now be de-emphasised ?

james170969
26th Jan 2016, 12:31
Apparently Michael O'Leary is hosting a conference in Brussels tomorrow. Hopefully he'll include a new route to Glasgow / Prestwick at reasonable times. The only flights to Belgium from Scotland are from Edinburgh.

barrymah
27th Jan 2016, 12:27
en France, situé dans le Nord de Paris: l'aéroport de Beauvais-Tillé, qui dessert plus de soixante destinations. Il se hisse à la première place dans le classement des pires aéroports européens où passer la nuit et à la seconde au niveau international. Il se retrouve également dixième dans le classement des pires aéroports dans le monde (il occupait la 6e place en 2014).

La plupart des milliers de personnes qui sont passées par cette piste picarde déplorent l'absence de chaises, le manque d'amabilité du personnel et de confort des lieux, ainsi que des normes d'hygiène insuffisantes dans les toilettes. Certains se déclarent également surpris de la distance à parcourir jusqu'à la capitale (environ 75 kilomètres et 1h30 de navette ou de tramsport privé en moyenne). Quant à l'accès au wi-fi, il ne semble pas si simple.

Also postable in "Beauvais"

The gist - Beauvais has been voted the worst Airport in Europe for staying the night (formally it is closed 00.00 to 06.00). In addition, thousands of the respondants to the survey said the staff were rude, toilets were poor, etc.