PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

chris789
14th Aug 2014, 09:34
Racedo, try to not be so rude to people who are contributing to this forum. It is unnecessary and creates an atmosphere on the forum where new members are afraid to post. Thank you.

CCFAIRPORT
15th Aug 2014, 11:59
NEW ROUTES FROM SHANNON (from october 2014)

Manchester
Kaunas

DomyDom
19th Aug 2014, 16:59
Does anyone know if the MAN-PSA in September is a one off? Thanks DomyDom

davidjohnson6
19th Aug 2014, 18:49
Domydom - Bologna airport is closed on 15/16 September 2014

j636
19th Aug 2014, 20:04
Reported FR are to close all GRO routes/move to BCN. Massive blow to GRO.

Cozy F
19th Aug 2014, 20:51
Where did u pick this up j?

Have to wonder if the writing is on the wall for a number of traditional Ryanair airports in the face of their new approach?

Barcelona, Rome, Brussels, Glasgow, Hamburg, Oslo, Stockholm..probably not Frankfurt or Paris?

Ryanair want to be closer to the main populations and the bigger airports want the traffic so maybe all on a one way road.

davidjohnson6
19th Aug 2014, 21:36
Reported on French site L'Actu en continu - L'Indépendant (http://www.lindependant.fr)
Denied by Ryanair on Catalan site Ara.cat - El diari líder en català amb l'última hora i totes les notícies (http://www.ara.cat)

Make your own mind up...

DomyDom
19th Aug 2014, 21:41
davidjohnson6, many thanks, DomyDom

j636
19th Aug 2014, 21:51
Reported on French site L'Actu en continu - L'Indépendant
Denied by Ryanair on Catalan site Ara.cat - El diari líder en català amb l'última hora i totes les notícies

Make your own mind up...

Thanks for posting was on the app. Guess some contract is up now or soon enough.

FRatSTN
20th Aug 2014, 09:49
Can't see a complete pull out of GRO. Back only 5 or 6 years ago I think it was their 3rd biggest base and is still a sizeable operation in the summer. And if FR deny it then I guess that answers the question. Doesn't rule out further cuts in the future though I suppose.

Ed Set
21st Aug 2014, 14:17
From Today's Cyprus Mail
Ryanair Chief Executive Michael O’Leary is to travel to Cyprus on Thursday for talks with the government about the possible takeover of loss-making carrier Cyprus Airways, he told journalists.

Ryanair was among nearly 20 companies which last month submitted non-binding expressions of interest in the airline, now controlled by the Cypriot government. The process is a preliminary step towards any eventual binding offer.

O’Leary’s announcement marked a change of approach as he had said last month that Ryanair, Europe’s largest budget airline, was not particularly interested in acquiring the carrier.

“We are engaged in the process and hope something will come of it. It’s a very political process down there,” he told a news conference in Dublin on Thursday, adding that any deal would be small relative to Ryanair’s overall growth strategy.

Under his company’s proposal, Cypriot Airways would retain its brand and operate under a separate air operator’s certificate to Ryanair, he said.

The Irish airline will propose it could boost the airline’s passenger numbers to 3 million per year from 600,000 currently, down 50 percent from peak, O’Leary said. He declined to give any further details.

Ryanair has only ever taken over one other airline, Buzz, which was absorbed into the Ryanair brand.

Cyprus Airways has struggled to survive against cheaper competitors and has been loss-making for years despite several attempts at a turnaround.

The airline has recently resorted to selling assets to stay afloat, including its slots at London’s Heathrow airport.

It is also under scrutiny by the European Commission. Brussels is investigating terms of a 31.3 million euro ($41.5 million) capital increase in early 2013, and a 73 million euro rescue package by the Cypriot state in 2012 to establish whether it violated state aid rules.

Presumably the telling bit here is when MOL says that Cyprus Airways will operate under a separate AOC? Middle East operations come to mind?

Cyrano
21st Aug 2014, 15:07
Presumably the telling bit here is when MOL says that Cyprus Airways will operate under a separate AOC? Middle East operations come to mind?

No secret there - Ryanair has been quite open about not wanting the airline, only the AOC. See earlier post here (http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/541862-cyprus-airways.html#post8586608) for example.

Charlie Roy
21st Aug 2014, 15:16
Ryanair announce a new route for Dublin winter schedule:

DUB - Brussels BRU, 3 times daily
DUB - Charleroi CRL to continue

EI-BUD
21st Aug 2014, 18:12
BRU; now there is a surprise... Amazing strategy flood each of Aer Lingus markets with capacity , we might see €10 on DUB Brussels market again.

Ed Set
21st Aug 2014, 19:30
No secret there - Ryanair has been quite open about not wanting the airline, only the AOC. See earlier post here for example.

Missed that Cyrano-Apologies

Cyrano
22nd Aug 2014, 08:35
No problem! You independently spotted the same strategic opportunity (Middle East flights on a Cyprus AOC) as Ryanair did. :ok:

FRatSTN
22nd Aug 2014, 09:51
Looks as if Ryanair are starting to upload their Summer 2015 flights from Dublin and London Stansted.

Lets hope the new Dublin-Brussels route comes up shortly and those East Midlands increases as guided last week.

EI-A330-300
22nd Aug 2014, 16:37
An update on Cyprus Airways meeting yesterday.

Ryanair says it can turn around Cyprus Airways - RTÉ News (http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014/0822/638769-ryanair-cyprus/)

DublinPole
23rd Aug 2014, 06:48
Much needed frequency increases on some routes from Dublin as well.

Warsaw is going to go to 6 for the rest of the summer from 1st September, up from 5, and will keep said frequency for the winter (last year 4).

I'd be interested to see how EI's loads on Warsaw are holding up, since FR bookings are at a record high on the route, so much so that every single flight in the next week is sold out from Warsaw and the flight on the 31st only has one seat left.

whitelighter
23rd Aug 2014, 07:46
RYR aircraft departed Stansted yesterday for ESGG (Gothenburg) rather than their tradition ESGP (Gothenburg City - a shack in the woods). Is this a new route to the main airport or something else?

AirportPlanner1
23rd Aug 2014, 08:34
The shack in the woods is more convenient for the city though if you are visiting Gothenburg!

Millionmileshigh
23rd Aug 2014, 12:21
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Gothenburg-City closer to Gothenburg than landvetter is?

EI-A330-300
27th Aug 2014, 09:23
Business Fares have appeared on the website.

FRatSTN
27th Aug 2014, 09:47
London - Barcelona, 3rd - 7th November 2014.

RYANAIR
Mon 3 Nov - Dep. STN 08:15, Arr. BCN 11:25
Fri 7 Nov - Dep. BCN 14:25, Arr. STN 15:55

"Lowest Fare"
1 checked bag (20kg)
"Premium" reserved seat
Priority Boarding
= £118.30

"Business Plus"
Flexible Tickets
Fast Track Security
1 checked bag (20kg)
"Premium" reserved seat
Priority Boarding
SMS flight details
= £163.18

EASYJET
Mon 3 Nov - Dep. SEN 10:25, Arr. BCN 13:25
Fri 7 Nov - Dep. BCN 14:00, Arr. SEN 15:15

"Standard Fare"
1 checked bag (20kg)
"Up Front" reserved seat*
= £95.85

"Flexi Fare"
Flexible Tickets
Fast Track Security
1 checked bag (20kg)
"Up Front" reserved seat*
Priority Boarding
= £209.98

* = EasyJet "Up Front" seats rows 2 - 5 only. Higher/Extra charges apply for row 1 seats.

Ryanair search based on flights from London Stansted. EasyJet search based on flights from London Gatwick, Luton and Southend airports.

All fares are the cheapest available fares for each airline on the day of travel (3rd and 7th Nov).

All prices are based upon credit card payments.

Any thoughts?

RAT 5
27th Aug 2014, 13:54
British Airways LGW-BCN same dates, similar times £117 including 23kgs bags & 10kgs hand baggage, selected seat STD-24hrs, calm boarding and perhaps a sincere smile in a comfortable reclining seat with enough leg room and a free bar.

KLM AMS-BCN same dates, similar times €113 including 23kgs bags & 10kgs hand baggage, selected seat STD-24hrs, calm boarding and perhaps a sincere smile in a comfortable reclining seat with enough leg room and a free bar. I know this is not London, but it is an example of what is available throughout the non-LoCo world.

So what is this LoCo thing supposed to be then? Wake up people and enjoy the real coffee.

lplsprog
27th Aug 2014, 14:15
Before the LCC airlines you would have been paying the earth for this route. The LCC airlines enabled many people to travel who would not have been able to.

RAT 5
27th Aug 2014, 14:40
I know all that, have taken advantage of it, and am grateful for it, but the market has shifted and best value is not anymore the monopoly of the LoCo's. Equally the LoCo's have shifted their business model more towards the traditional carrier's style; hence we are talking about reserved seating, premium this & that, flexi tickets etc. etc. The difference is now smaller than it was so it is really a time for buyer beware and do some research. I travel many times on a route served by both types of carrier. More often than not the traditional carrier's final price, with all my sports paraphernalia included, at a more convenient time is cheaper than the competing LoCo. On some occasions with just hand luggage the LoCo scrapes in, but it's usually not by much. There are some great fares out there if you have flexibility and you will find them in the most unexpected places. Equally, I have looked at LoCo 'last minutes' (<5 days) on return flights into main EU airports and they are the same price as some 10 hour flights to USA and other destinations by the national carrier.
There's nowt so queer as the world of airline ticketing.

FRatSTN
27th Aug 2014, 14:57
Equally the LoCo's have shifted their business model more towards the traditional carrier's style; hence we are talking about reserved seating, premium this & that, flexi tickets etc. etc.

The low-cost carriers have not changed their business models. EasyJet and Ryanair are just trying to grasp a greater proportion of the market through offering services that will attract more business passengers or families etc. Rolling out some of the services that traditional flag carriers have adopted for years is their way of doing that.

To say low cost carriers have shifted their "business" model more towards traditional flag carriers is not true. Fundamentally their model hasn't changed. As EasyJet for example said countless times when rolling out allocated seating, if they couldn't achieve quick turnaround times or high asset utilisation which drives their low-cost model (very unlike flag carriers), then they would have scrapped the idea completely.

racedo
27th Aug 2014, 20:17
So what is respective OTP for U2 and BA on LGW-BCN then ?

SpannerInTheWerks
28th Aug 2014, 13:35
According to MSN:

'The low cost airline, Ryanair, has launched a business class service in a move to overhaul its flailing reputation for low customer experience and satisfaction.'

and that:

'Chief executive Michael O’Leary took responsibility for the airline’s perceived ‘abrupt culture’ at last year’s annual meeting and later admitted that the budget airline’s rival, EasyJet, ‘wiped the floor with us’ following their own customer service improvements and introduction of allocated seating.'

Does this fit the 'low cost' model, or are we entering new territory - as Norwegian Air Shuttle seem to be with their B787 long haul services?

Capetonian
28th Aug 2014, 13:41
It's not business class. It's a fare structure which might be better suited to people travelling on business, not the same thing at all.

I can't comment on how others might view this, but I have shunned RyanAir up to now for many reasons, and this does nothing to increase the likelihood that I will travel on them in the future.

They might be cheaper than competitors, I am not convinced of that, but even if their 'business' fares are cheaper than their rivals, there is no way I would use them. Ever. I will be interested to see how this works out though.

FRatSTN
28th Aug 2014, 15:31
Capetonian

Well that's your opinion, but you're right that it's a product aimed at business passengers and by no means "business class". There's little doubting that this along with all the other new services we've heard no end of is a vast improvement and will continue to attract new/more customers. They are being the most efficient carrier they possibly can be and I'm sure they won't miss your custom too much in the grand scheme of things.

Sober Lark
28th Aug 2014, 16:26
I think their product description is an accurate one. They don't sell it as 'business class' they call it 'business plus'.

Capetonian, has anyone who sat beside you ever attempted to dowse themselves with gasoline as in Airplane the movie?

FRatSTN
28th Aug 2014, 16:30
I think their product description is an accurate one. They don't sell it as 'business class' they call it 'business plus'.
Absolutely. Quite a bit of the press (perhaps unsurprisingly) are referring to it as business class which is not right.

Fairdealfrank
28th Aug 2014, 18:21
I know all that, have taken advantage of it, and am grateful for it, but the market has shifted and best value is not anymore the monopoly of the LoCo's. Equally the LoCo's have shifted their business model more towards the traditional carrier's style; hence we are talking about reserved seating, premium this & that, flexi tickets etc. etc. The difference is now smaller than it was so it is really a time for buyer beware and do some research.

The blurring of the strict dichotomy between no “frills” and “legacy” had to happen sooner or later and, indeed, the advent of so-called “hybrid” carriers was the start.

I travel many times on a route served by both types of carrier. More often than not the traditional carrier's final price, with all my sports paraphernalia included, at a more convenient time is cheaper than the competing LoCo. On some occasions with just hand luggage the LoCo scrapes in, but it's usually not by much. There are some great fares out there if you have flexibility and you will find them in the most unexpected places.

Yes, this can often be the case even without sports paraphernalia. BA are competing with hand-baggage only fares on some routes. Other “legacies” will doubtless follow.

On some occasions with just hand luggage the LoCo scrapes in, but it's usually not by much. There are some great fares out there if you have flexibility and you will find them in the most unexpected places. Equally, I have looked at LoCo 'last minutes' (<5 days) on return flights into main EU airports and they are the same price as some 10 hour flights to USA and other destinations by the national carrier.
These days it’s very much a case of book early for the best fares, last-minute and standby cheap fares are virtually gone now.

There's nowt so queer as the world of airline ticketing.

Railway fares anyone?

It's not business class. It's a fare structure which might be better suited to people travelling on business, not the same thing at all.

I can't comment on how others might view this, but I have shunned RyanAir up to now for many reasons, and this does nothing to increase the likelihood that I will travel on them in the future.

They might be cheaper than competitors, I am not convinced of that, but even if their 'business' fares are cheaper than their rivals, there is no way I would use them. Ever. I will be interested to see how this works out though.

FR is following what U2 are already doing, perfectly understandable and predictable under the circumstances. It’s about grabbing market share.

Bradley Hardacre
1st Sep 2014, 18:37
Ryanair may look to Airbus for new US venture
1 September 2014 | By Patrick Whyte

Ryanair could potentially move away from its exclusive arrangement with Boeing for the launch of its new transatlantic business.

The airline is currently planning a new service between Europe and the US and will use either Airbus 350s or Boeing Dreamliners, according to reports in The Sunday Times.

Ryanair would be following in the footsteps of fellow no-frills carrier Norwegian, which recently launched £150 flights between Gatwick and New York.

“We are happy to be a smarter second mover and watch what happens with them and if they can make it work,” Ryanair’s chief marketing officer Kenny Jacobs told the newspaper.

“We’ve got a model that we know can work. We need to get aircraft, so we can talk to Boeing and Airbus, and we can also see if someone has some distressed inventory [we can take sooner] to make our transatlantic plan a reality.

“There’s a version of Ryanair that will work on transatlantic.”

davidjohnson6
1st Sep 2014, 18:47
April 2007:
Ryanair plans transatlantic flights from £6 - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/740809/Ryanair-plans-transatlantic-flights-from-6.html)

I'll believe Ryanair transatlantic when there's a confirmed aircraft purchase or lease agreement

pee
2nd Sep 2014, 10:19
I'll believe Ryanair transatlantic when there's a confirmed aircraft purchase or lease agreement
I dare to have some doubts. How much should a ticket cost for such a flight to become profitable? Maybe it would pay to fully use the potential of some European routes in the first place. Example: try to find any return flight from Tampere to Malaga for less than 400 euro, up to November, you'll hardly succeed. Now THIS route will be discontinued for winter(!!!), I'm sure the same price level could easily be upheld throughout the low season, but it... doesn't pay?

chris789
2nd Sep 2014, 10:45
I am just not sold on the idea of long haul low cost. Norwegian had some headline grabbing fares, but I have not found them any cheaper to NYC from London than you can get on other airlines. It's hard to make price much lower on long haul, as you have much the same fixed costs on fewer segments through which to realise operational efficiencies. Moreover, the customer perception on price has to be significant for long haul. If I had a choice of United or Norwegian to NYC, then the difference in price has to be significant to make me bite- I know I could just use my own iPad for entertainment and spend £15 on a meal and drinks, but my perception is that I'd need to be saving close to £100 return to make it a valid choice. That is where I believe the model will find it difficult.

I think the one area where low costs could make entry is finding new markets to a few long haul destinations (NYC, Florida, etc.) from secondary EU airports- Eindhoven, Basel, Hamburg etc., which have been overlooked. This is, in essence, what Norwegian have done from Gatwick (i.e. getting Surrey traffic who don't want to travel to Heathrow), Bergen etc. The low costs have developed expertise in building small bases with no feed traffic, getting to understand how to scale an operation and market effectively. I think this is the way Ryanair could make a long haul entry. I just don't believe there is that much money in it.

whitelighter
2nd Sep 2014, 12:14
Surely the key to FR long haul is to interlink with its loco eu network? I wonder if that's the real reason for the business plus rates being introduced.

Loads of people fly NYC-LON sure, but how many can offer a connected service NYC-RYR Dest.

Dunno if demand is there but I would have thought it's not just about the TA flight

Capetonian
2nd Sep 2014, 13:02
April 2007:
Ryanair plans transatlantic flights from £6 - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/740809/Ryanair-plans-transatlantic-flights-from-6.html)
7 years later, nothing. My money is on that not changing.

A friend of mine got a ticket on Norwegian LAX-LGW a week or so ago for £400 o/w. That doesn't seem particularly cheap, and when I said ; "That must have been on the new 787 dreamliner" she said : "Well it didn't seem any different to the Ryanair one I went to Spain on."

Pearls before swine!

Kinder
3rd Sep 2014, 17:16
New route for FR in S2015 - MAD-VNO, 4x weekly.

Iver
5th Sep 2014, 02:05
Not sure about potential timing, whether it would be linked to shorthaul or whether it will actually come to fruition:

Ryanair considering the A350, B787 for transatlantic flights - ch-aviation.com (http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/30850-ryanair-considering-the-a350-b787-for-transatlantic-flights)

FA10
6th Sep 2014, 10:07
Bloomberg suspects imminent order for Max 8, tb announced Monday:

Boeing Poised to Win $11 Billion Ryanair Sale for 737 Max - Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-05/boeing-poised-to-win-11-billion-ryanair-sale-for-737-max.html)

just wondering who´s gonna pay for the new typerating...

pallan
7th Sep 2014, 20:41
Definitely happening!

100 firm plus c.100 options maybe?

https://twitter.com/BoeingAirplanes/status/508647854660128768

j636
8th Sep 2014, 13:33
100 737 MAX 200, with 100 options. 197 seats and we can put the sun glasses away onboard!

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/14908-ryanair-places-order-for-up-to-200-new-boeing-737-max-200-aircraft-worth-up-to-22bn/?market=en)

Noxegon
8th Sep 2014, 17:12
The obvious question... will any of these be used for transatlantic hops?

On paper at least they should manage STN-JFK.

wallp
8th Sep 2014, 17:23
I thought O'Leary had said he's after wide bodies jets for his proprpsed transatlantic flights?

Is STN-JFK realistic on a 737, also are primary airports like JFK even likely or will they pursue secondary airports?

owenc
8th Sep 2014, 17:49
No but DUB or SNN to NYC is, after all its only about 3100 miles to NYC and they have the pre clearance.

wheelbarrow
8th Sep 2014, 19:29
If it happens! the airport that would be probably used is Stewart International,(SWF) about 2800nm from Dublin.
Great airport, been many times and looking for a couple of Internationals for their portfolio, would arrive as a domestic flight.

Sector time westbound 6.15 Eastbound 5.30 on prevailing winds.
Can be done using 74.9 mtow

owenc
8th Sep 2014, 20:08
The flight to NYC isn't that long at about 6 and half hours

Sober Lark
8th Sep 2014, 20:29
If you were looking to hit 150 million pa passenger mark with your new purchase, I don't think you'd be tying your aircraft up scuttling them back and forth across the Atlantic.

davidjohnson6
9th Sep 2014, 23:19
I know FR have begun loading some of the S15 flights onto their website. Would anyone be able to say when this will be substantially complete, so that (apart from new routes and a few odds'n'ends) it'll be possible to determine what will and won't operate in S15 ?

I know that if it's not on sale by December it's unlikely to go on sale for S15, but I presume it doesn't take 3 months to put a season's flights on sale - a more tightly defined estimate of timescale would be much appreciated

scodaman
15th Sep 2014, 20:52
Anyone here with Ryanair connections/contacts who can confirm/deny that Ryanair are operating after March 2015 in Derry /LDY?

As yet they have not loaded summer schedule for Derry 2015 which is unusual and late compared to other airports and the speculationand rumour is that they have said cheerio to Derry.

Cheers.

ssflyer
16th Sep 2014, 17:25
Girona is a big question mark-are FR playing hard ball yet again with their threat to move everything to BCN.
No sign of S15 flights to/from UK airports to there yet??:eek:

toledoashley
17th Sep 2014, 06:20
Barcelona T2 could easily take a 25-30 aircraft base for Ryanair, and with the new strategy of mainline airports a move would make sense.

The last few years T2 at El Prat has been almost empty - perfect storm for Ryanair.

ssflyer
17th Sep 2014, 07:15
And who will fill the gap at Girona if FR pull the plug?
The sun & sea Costa Brava pax won't want a 90min+transfer to their resorts and the few Thomsons flights will not suffice. Jet2/Flybe/Vueling?

Jamie2k9
17th Sep 2014, 18:03
Barcelona T2 could easily take a 25-30 aircraft base for Ryanair, and with the new strategy of mainline airports a move would make sense.

The last few years T2 at El Prat has been almost empty - perfect storm for Ryanair.

But would the operation be viable without the support at REU/GRO....BCN not as cheap.

Charlie Roy
20th Sep 2014, 14:44
Press conference in Brussels on Tuesday.

StevieW
22nd Sep 2014, 17:11
Are Ryanair pulling out of Alghero? Flights were on sale for Su15 but aren't any longer.

Noxegon
23rd Sep 2014, 15:56
A friend of mine was on today's FR 7313, ZAD-DUB, due to arrive at 08:25 and currently estimated at 19:35. Live Flight Information says "ATC Delay" – for those in the know, is that feasible? Seems a bit of a long shot to me...?

lfc84
23rd Sep 2014, 16:07
any news from the press conference in brussels?

fivejuliet
23rd Sep 2014, 16:17
New routes from CRL to Athens, Bucharest, Prague and Riga.

Crazy Voyager
23rd Sep 2014, 17:21
@Noxegon

There are currently no delay listings at all for Dublin, Ireland, Zadar or Croatia on the Eurocontrol NOP, therefore ATC delay It seems very unlikely to me. I don't think I've ever seen an ATC delay last that long. Most ATC delays are in terms of minutes (or no delay at all), with the average per flight in Europe being less than 30 seconds per flight.

RAT 5
23rd Sep 2014, 17:51
ATC delay means no compensation to pax. Been announced as such by many airlines many times. You need to check, investigate and claim if you can be bothered.

pee
24th Sep 2014, 13:03
Today's news on amadeus.com
Cologne, Germany, 24 September 2014:
Ryanair and Amadeus today announce a breakthrough new agreement that will bring a wide range of the carrier’s fares and full ancillary services content to Amadeus subscribers for the first time in over a decade, via Amadeus’ innovative light ticketing technology. The airline’s ancillary services content will also be made available. The agreement also means that Ryanair‘s new Business plus fares will be made available to Amadeus subscribers, offering business and corporate travellers a tailored package, including flexible ticket changes, a 20kg baggage allowance, fast-track at airports, priority boarding and premium seating.

Under the terms of the agreement Amadeus subscribers will not be subject to any surcharge when booking Ryanair and the fares displayed via Amadeus will have parity with Ryanair’s other distribution channels, including its website.
More info here (http://www.amadeus.com/web/amadeus/en_1A-corporate/Amadeus-Home/News-and-events/News/2014_9_24_Ryanair-partners-with-Amadeus-for-travel-agency/1319560217161-Page-AMAD_DetailPpal?assetid=1319606953943&assettype=PressRelease_C).

Why it didn't happen already years and years ago?

MidlandDeltic
25th Sep 2014, 10:50
Why it didn't happen already years and years ago? Because its an additional cost. I really don't see the point, if 27% of pax are already business as claimed in the link. I certainly have used FR for business travel in the past.

FR is now well on the way to being just another airline; I suspect the changes have been forced through as MO'L is getting ready to leave the company, and his successors know they cannot emulate his business style. Time was when I could go to the Ryanair website, book a cheap ticket knowing that all the money was going to the airline, know that when I saw the aircraft arrive at the gate we would be on and pushing back in 25 minutes (or less on a good day), my flight would be on time and my baggage would get there at the same time as me - on one occasion at Edinburgh my bags arrived on the carousel 20 minutes before those of my colleague on the Aer Lingus at an adjacent gate, despite his plane landing 10 minutes before mine!)

Now, every transaction I make with FR will have a slice taken to subsidise the Amadeus fees (and discounts to retailers so they can get their commission). Allocated seating slows boarding - no need to rush now, you don't have to get to the aircraft to make sure you get the seat you want. If, as suggested here Ryanair tie-up with Amadeus paves way for codeshare deals with national carriers | Business | The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/sep/24/ryanair-amadeus-deal-flight-sharing) codeshares and long haul feeding start, they are going to start to get into issues of baggage transfer (and losses), delay payments for connecting passenger etc - more costs, more delays. So fares will go up, and FR will be no different to EI, BA or Lufty.

Of course, the middle-class, Daily Mail reading blue rinses will love it - the hoi poloi will be back to the boat and train to England and Europe where they belong, not cluttering up the genteel airports.

airbourne
27th Sep 2014, 20:49
Allocated seating or not, the numpties are still queuing up 45 mins before the aircraft is even on stand. So turnarounds are still as quick. There may be a new cuddlier Ryanair, but having been slapped too many times, it will take a lot for people to trust the new Ryanair.

PAXboy
28th Sep 2014, 00:04
I've always admired FR for their 'no prisoner' policy. Equally, I admire their changes now, because the company that does not change is the company that dies.

LTNman
28th Sep 2014, 05:11
I would have thought business travels would want to fly to a city's principle or main secondary airport rather than an airport buried in the back woods.

Heathrow Harry
28th Sep 2014, 08:04
generally yes but you'd be amazed how many offices you visit are actually "in the backwoods" often near a Ryanair airport - people are always looking to cut costs on office space

And they fly to a hell of a lot of places no-one else does - some places it would take 2 changes from LHR and others means hiring a car and a couple of hours drive or more

EI-BUD
28th Sep 2014, 08:30
Airborne,

'Numpties' not quite so. The race is now not for seats but for baggage storage space, being late on while you might have your pre assigned seat, you are not guaranteed that your bag will get a place in the over head locker. Hence it may go into the hold. This I suspect why people queue up so early ?

I've not flown FR in a number of years, but looking forward to giving it another go in the near future.

Waldo1
28th Sep 2014, 10:12
I agree, i recently flew to bratislava and back with ryanair...its like a different airline now...so much better! Only thing was they went down the line stickering perfectly acceptable hand luggage and this was then wrenched from peoples hands at the airplane steps...at least theyre not trying to charge you though! In fact as ryanair morph into blue easyjet, sadly easyjet are also morphing in to a more tragic version of old ryanair 😒

INeedTheFull90
28th Sep 2014, 10:14
And how would easyJet be doing that?

racedo
28th Sep 2014, 12:23
generally yes but you'd be amazed how many offices you visit are actually "in the backwoods" often near a Ryanair airport - people are always looking to cut costs on office space

And they fly to a hell of a lot of places no-one else does - some places it would take 2 changes from LHR and others means hiring a car and a couple of hours drive or more

Always love hearing of the well HQs are based closer to Heathrow idea....

Large US company I know used to think that until they sending their people to the production facilities in Spain / Italy / Germany / France and Poland.

Fly from Stansted they leave same time as getting to LHR and arrive within 20km of site they need to visit, no flights from LHR to the airports so a change needed.

Losing BA airmiles was a negative for most until a single night away became norm instead of minimum 2 and over the last 6 years the number of lates and cancellations was an exception rather than norm.

Company put on Exec car to mollify people travelling to Stansted which means they get picked up from home a lot and dropped back later. Losing Airmiles to the getting there and back quickly is not comparable. The travel budget is apparently 50% of what it was yet they travel more because reduced away from homes.

I know of few people who travel who delight being away from home for more than a night..

Waldo1
28th Sep 2014, 12:32
Flying home from malaga this summer with 2 carry on bags, grip style that were half full. Bags that we have travelled with for the last 6 years, the woman at the bag drop desk went mental as about 3 inches of the stiff frame stuck out of the bag checker stand. She then became most agressive in demanding we check these bags in and pay 70 euro. When i politely stated that we had travelled with these bags both on ezy and other airlines...she went into overdrive shouting that we would not be allowed on the plane and it would be over 100 euro at the gate...talk about the hard sell! I calmly told her i would deal with that at the gate so she proceeded to make a fake phonecall to her supervisor who amazingly was going to be boarding our exact flight and fake told him all aboit us and our 2 saggy bags...finally to add insult to injury she wrote all over our boarding cards"do not let these bags on the plane" the whole thing was a disgrace...i dont even understand why she was getting involved, all she was there to do was bag drop our case that was checked in the hold! Needless to say, i used my mobile boarding cards and there was no fake supervisor anywhere near the gate.
Its not just a one off, i now see them constantly scouring the line looking for any chance to penalise travellers with bags, much like ryanair used to do in the bad old days....so yes, after years of loving easyjet (and i do travel a lot on business and pleasure) theyve now turned into a nightmare overnight.

28th Sep 2014, 12:40
Allocated seating or not, the numpties are still queuing up 45 mins before the aircraft is even on stand. So turnarounds are still as quick. There may be a new cuddlier Ryanair, but having been slapped too many times, it will take a lot for people to trust the new Ryanair.

Because now the fear is that you won't get your hand luggage onto the plane...

They've come so close to being a civilised way to fly, but they always manage to spoil it somehow.

EI-BUD
28th Sep 2014, 12:42
Waldo1, sorry to hear about your bad experience.

However, I find easyJet great, I travel with them loads for work and pleasure, though I often need to use other carriers to get me to where I need to go for work.

One thing that they need to brush up on is their onboard baggage allowance. They need to go 2 onboard bags, on of which has to go under the seat in front, larger trolley type bags above...

Slightly off topic as I realise this is easyJet thread ...

Waldo1
28th Sep 2014, 12:47
Ei bud, im the same, my point here on the ryr thread was to say at how good ryanair now are with their customers, and not treating them like dogs, making you feel confident that you will get on their plane, with no trouble... Flybe are the same, i now use them more than ezy for work, because i have the choice and i see them trying their best to accommadate folk and their slightly large cabin bags

MidlandDeltic
28th Sep 2014, 13:02
I would have thought business travels would want to fly to a city's principle or main secondary airport rather than an airport buried in the back woods.

Hmmm. Dublin is "in the backwoods"? BHX? Edinburgh? Manchester? EMA, even? Dare I say, Luton?????!!

You pays your money, you takes your cjoice. Having had a business contact in Karlsruhe, it was a pain in the butt to have to travel BHX - Frankfurt then train on one occasion, after Fr had pulled out Stansted - Baden Baden.

INeedTheFull90
28th Sep 2014, 13:44
If you bag is too big, regardless of the airline, then it needs to be checked in. Baggage rules are clearly stated. And FR still have the cardboard sizers which they patrol the queue with. EasyJet allow one bag. That is clear. You turn up with two, you're going to have to pay. And EJ is the only one who GUARANTEES that EVERYONE can bring a bag onboard, unlike FR who only allow first 90 or so. Sorry, but you have zero sympathy. Of you don't comply with the rules and get stung, of course you will prefer FR, for now.

Gulf Julliet Papa
28th Sep 2014, 14:29
And EJ is the only one who GUARANTEES that EVERYONE can bring a bag onboard, unlike FR who only allow first 90 or so.

Actually with the relaxing of cabin luggage rules everyone CAN bring on a bag, if it fits into the smaller gauge. There are now two bag gauges (two sided gauges). The first 90 of the larger bags will be allowed on, however every single one that fits in the smaller gauge can be taken on board. This is the same as easyjet that has two gauges....a guaranteed size, a larger "may get offloaded" size. Proof in the pudding...

The Small Print | T&Cs (http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions/regulations-cabinbaggage/)

PAXboy
28th Sep 2014, 14:34
I think a lot of this is carrier implementing rules that they often ignored.

I have seen both FR and EZ ignore large bags and also go down the queue without letting anyone off.

It's like the Americans who were soft on letting in over sized 'cabin' bags for years and now they have great difficulty reversing that.

lplsprog
28th Sep 2014, 15:42
From what I've heard the ground staff get 50p for every bag they disallow which then has to go into the hold:=.

Waldo1
28th Sep 2014, 15:52
No full 90, you are missing the point. This woman was getting involved with something she shouldnt have been, plus launching a personal vendetta against 3 customers along with partaking in a charade of lies...its just not good enough. Along with standing in a line of passengers with far bigger cases, this whole idea of" you must obey our rule one day, but most other days, who cares about the rule" not acceptable. The airlines sole reason for being in business is to transport passengers from a to b. Its not to harass their customers to abide by their silly rules, just when it suits them. Im not interested in bickering over silly rules and how they are interpreted, our bags were smaller than most others on the plane, easily fitted in the overhead locker, or under my seat. But, thanks to that one obnoxious member of staff, ezy have lost out. I have now switched to flybe for my domestic travels with work, and 4 of us are all off to malaga this week again, courtesy of aer lingus this time. And next summers flights are again also now booked with aer lingus...

The96er
28th Sep 2014, 16:10
From what I've heard the ground staff get 50p for every bag they disallow which then has to go into the hold

Not true.

their silly rules

Ah yes, this is the "Those rule don't apply to me only other passengers" excuse.

INeedTheFull90
28th Sep 2014, 18:00
GJP - the FR guaranteed bag is the size of a handbag. Not really the same is it?

INeedTheFull90
28th Sep 2014, 18:01
Waldorf - if anyone is singled out then you must wonder why?

Mouser
28th Sep 2014, 18:39
Cabin luggage is for tight arse minges, I pay for my luggage to go in the hold, and are then asked to put my little haversack under my seat under my bloody feet so all you whinging tight arse minges can put your Cabin luggage in the in the over head lockers. The sooner the airlines make the cabin luggage size smaller the better, then maybe I'll not be asked to put my SMALL HAND LUGGAGE under my feet

Waldo1
28th Sep 2014, 19:27
Would u all listen to yourselves....yawn.

Gulf Julliet Papa
28th Sep 2014, 19:31
Can I ask what people actually propose is the best solution, a free for all does not count as viable. I've had my bag put in the hold with both easy, ryan and dy

Alycidon
28th Sep 2014, 20:26
Hold bags cause delays, (think pax offload, with bags to find in a full hold). Delays cost money. If you get asked to put your cabin bag in the hold, at least you know it will be on the aircraft with you and not heading off to some random destination at the whim of the baggage handling agency, which again costs the operator money in order to reunite you with your bag.

The hatracks were originally intended for luggage required during flight only, not for a complete holiday wardrobe. Safety standards limit the weight and therefore the available space.

The airline can only offer a compromise between discouraging the take up of hold baggage and allowing as much luggage into the cabin as space permits.

RAT 5
29th Sep 2014, 08:05
Travelling with my local national carrier this matter is never a problem. If there is the slightest doubt about the cabin bag (even if it is legal size) it is labelled in a polite manner and taken from me at the gate or bottom of the steps. It s then returned as I get off the a/c so no delay at baggage claim. 2 pieces allowed so a computer bag and coat are kept with me in the cabin. If the cabin is not full all my luggage will be inside. This problem can be caused because the carrier has different types on short haul and some overhead bins are smaller. Problem solved in a calm polite manner.

Regarding easyjet and AGP. It was a few years ago, but I saw a group of guys, at the gate, kicking and breaking the wheels off a carry-on so it would fit in the template. Another case was where a lady had a smallish wheely carry-on but the nazi style young gate girl would not allow it on; judging it by eye and not a template. The poor lady had a large plastic carrier bag. She stuffed all her contents into this and left the wheely. Unbelievable, unacceptable, disgraceful.

Surely it has changed, but some seem to suggest the jury's out. It takes so little to achieve so much. YES YOU CAN.

McGoonagall
29th Sep 2014, 09:02
I stopped using FR about six years ago. I shouldn't feel, while paying an airline to take me from A to B, that they are doing me a favour by allowing me to do so. Still, I have to do a quick trip to AGP next week and FRs return flight is timed to what I need so I will give them another whirl and see how the new touchy feely FR is.

The baggage situation does not really affect me as I almost always check a bag into the hold. However, I was taking an easy flight from AMS-LTN on Saturday last and the girl patrolling the queue with the cardboard templates was strict and polite. A few were dispatched to the hold and one very obviously oversize case was also put into the hold at no charge. The owner of this case was the only one to play up. I would have charged the buggah full price just for being obnoxious.

EI-A330-300
29th Sep 2014, 10:20
Reported FR to cut 6 aircraft from GRO for the winter. (7 to 1 based).

http://www.atn.aero/article.pl?categ=&id=51906

The96er
29th Sep 2014, 11:45
Regarding easyjet and AGP. It was a few years ago, but I saw a group of guys, at the gate, kicking and breaking the wheels off a carry-on so it would fit in the template.

So the bag was obviously too big.

the Nazi style young gate girl would not allow it on

Was the gate agent persecuting Jews and invading Poland - NO, so why refer to her as 'Nazi stye'. He/she is simply doing their job as instructed by the airline. If people can't abide by the rules, it's THEIR problem and not the boarding staff's problem.

INeedTheFull90
29th Sep 2014, 14:17
People need to remember he templates are actually bigger than the maximum dimensions allowed, so if your bag does not fit in, it is absolutely too big, and you have not kept your part of contract, and you'll need to pay. Try flying BA with a bag that's too big with a hand baggage only fare, and aww what happens.

whitelighter
29th Sep 2014, 15:45
The airports earn comission for every ba they identify and put in the hold.

dont forget the 'queue nazis' are airport/handling agent staff NOT Ryanair staff.

Always happens at the quiet regional airports where every groat counts. Never had any active checking at Stansted

Aluminium shuffler
29th Sep 2014, 19:07
It is amazing how many people think the rules are made up just to cause trouble, or enforced out of spite. All the rules, even the seemingly nonsensical (like drinking your own duty free on board) are there for a reason, and should be enforced at all times. That people take offence at that suggests a level of egocentricity or paranoia. Bag size restrictions are partially to ensure the baggage will fit the stowage safely (ie not be a trip hazard under seats or put pressure on the locker doors potentially damaging the latches or hinges) and also to ensure their weight is low enough as to be unlikely to cause serious injury if they fall on a seated passenger. But so many won't consider the logic and will just rant and argue. There is a relationship between those with excessive baggage and bad behaviour towards crew, too. The reason is these individuals' selfishness. Personally, I'd support a policy of refusing travel outright to those with oversize cabin baggage as they're so often trouble makers.

ericlday
29th Sep 2014, 19:22
Well said that man.

Alycidon
29th Sep 2014, 20:56
There is a relationship between those with excessive baggage and bad behaviour towards crew

absolutely, they are too used to "trying it on", whether it be with the crew, the job centre, their social worker, parole officer or the crown court.

now that the summer season is over, more of these cretins can afford to travel since airfares are back down to benefits level.

ps. No offence to genuine claimants, I'm referring to the blaggers.

farci
30th Sep 2014, 08:49
ps. No offence to genuine claimants, I'm referring to the blaggers.

...nor to our American cousins who sometimes regard this as a constitutional right!

1st Oct 2014, 01:02
From what I've heard the ground staff get 50p for every bag they disallow which then has to go into the hold
Not true.

Airport staff are being offered a 50p bonus for every Ryanair passenger they catch with excess baggage. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/8890300/Airport-staff-offered-scheme-to-help-catch-Ryanair-passengers-with-excess-baggage.html)

"Employees of the baggage handling contractor Servisair are given 50p for every bag they identify as overweight, though they are only eligible for the payment once they have reached a target of 10 bags in a week, it has emerged.
Under this agreement, Servisair workers can earn an extra £5 each week — they will not be allowed to go over £5"

Centrefire
1st Oct 2014, 09:45

This article is dated 15 Nov 2011.

Ed Set
1st Oct 2014, 14:52
Obviously MOL can't wait for the result of the Cyprus Airways bid!!
From Today's Cyprus Mail
Amidst a bidding war with rival carriers over the acquisition of struggling Cyprus Airways, Ireland-based budget airline Ryanair has applied to the Cyprus Department of Civil Aviation (CDA) for a Cyprus Air Operator Certificate (AOC), which would allow it to set up a subsidiary airline on the island.
Ryanair’s CEO Michael O’Leary said last week that the company had “already applied for a Cypriot AOC.”
The certificate – essentially a license to operate – is issued by governments to approved airlines, and AOCs issued by European Union countries warrant “mutual recognition” among all EU countries.
But although Ryanair is an Irish airline – thus licensed to operate by an EU country – it has applied for a Cypriot certificate.
The reason, one business insider told the Cyprus Mail, is Cyprus’ bilateral air services agreements with third – meaning non-EU – countries.
“As a Cypriot company, Ryanair would automatically be able to take advantage of Cyprus’ bilateral agreements with third countries,” the source said under condition of anonymity. “At this moment, there are restricted routes to and from third countries – for example, in the Middle East – that Cyprus Airways has the exclusive rights to, but cannot afford to operate.”
“These would be wide open for any Cypriot AOC holder,” he said.
Last month, Ryanair was short-listed along with eight other carriers by the Cyprus government as interested parties to take over government-owned Cyprus Airways.
But O’Leary later said that he considered his company’s chances of winning the bid war slimmer than those of Greece’s Aegean Airlines – also short-listed.
Nonetheless, he said, Ryanair still plans to make it hard for any other bidder to land Cyprus Airways.
The fate of the struggling national carrier of Cyprus is expected to be decided by November.
“Indeed, that is why any foreign company would be interested in a Cypriot AOC: bilateral air services agreements,” concurred Andreas Paspallides of the CDA.
But access to these agreements would form part of the Cyprus Airways package, meaning the highest bidder for Cyprus Airways will get the airline and its list of possible destinations.
So why would Ryanair want to apply for an AOC independently?
“One can only speculate,” the CDA official said. “As far as we are concerned, any application for which the application fee [€17,000 to €18,000] has been paid is under review.”
It is likely that Ryanair’s move is an effort to scare off rivals by making the competition environment less attractive.
According to Phileleftheros, the airline has pushed for an expedited review of its application so that it can be issued with an AOC within two months.
“Generally, the timeline for reviewing such applications and coming to final decisions extends to at least 90 days,” said Paspallides. “Everything needs to be reviewed – manuals, documents, and so on – and then remarks need to be passed back to the applicants for comment. It’s a lot of work, and there’s only a few of us.”

Ernest Lanc's
4th Oct 2014, 22:04
Planes
carrying hundreds of British holidaymakers came within 500ft of each other in a
near-miss at Malaga Airport in southern Spain.

Aviation
authorities said the pilot of a Ryanair Boeing 737-800 from Leeds was forced to
abort its landing and take evasive action at the last minute because a
Glasgow-bound Jet2 plane - also a 737-800 - was still on the runway in front of
it.

Read more: Ryanair and Jet2 planes involved in near-miss at Malaga Airport | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2780488/Ryanair-Jet2-planes-involved-near-miss-Malaga-Airport.html#ixzz3FDS4Iqf4)
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

airbourne
7th Oct 2014, 07:52
Two Ryanair planes touch wings at Dublin Airport - RTÉ News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1007/650519-ryanair-dublin-airport/)

In a statement Ryanair said: "Two of our aircraft were taxiing slowly to the runway at Dublin Airport this morning. The winglet of one aircraft appears to have scraped the tail of the other.
There was no impact on customers on board. Ryanair has contacted the IAA and is working with them to return both aircraft to stand and allow normal operations at Dublin Airport to resume.

"Ryanair apologises sincerely to customers for any inconvenience."

pee
13th Oct 2014, 05:49
According to balkans.com (http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?uniquenumber=197702), Ryanair could soon launch flights to Mostar in southern Bosnia and Herzegovina following talks between the airline and local authorities last week. Over the next two to three months the low cost airline will make a final decision on whether it will add Mostar to its route network, following additional talks with authorities. /.../
Mostar has struggled to attract scheduled flights but sees a significant number of charters throughout the year, carrying religious pilgrims visiting the nearby Medjugorje sight.

jferreira20
13th Oct 2014, 12:00
According to Michael O?Leary dá conferência de imprensa no Porto a 14 de outubro | Low Cost Portugal (http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/companhias-aereas/michael-oleary-da-conferencia-de-imprensa-no-porto-a-14-de-outubro/2014/10/#axzz3G1bwKfQd)

racedo
13th Oct 2014, 13:43
JF

Can you translate what it means when it occurs.

Obrigado........

CCFAIRPORT
13th Oct 2014, 17:15
I m not portuguese but i can understand that
Tomorrow 14th of october MOL will give a press conference at Porto Airport
about summer season 2015 :) maybe new routes :)

airnoc
13th Oct 2014, 19:37
The CEO of Ryanair, Michael O'Leary, will give a press conference tomorrow, October 14, in the city of Porto.

In this meeting with reporters should be analyzed to summer schedule 2015 the airline low cost to its base of Porto.

Ler mais: Michael O?Leary dá conferência de imprensa no Porto a 14 de outubro | Low Cost Portugal (http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/companhias-aereas/michael-oleary-da-conferencia-de-imprensa-no-porto-a-14-de-outubro/2014/10/#ixzz3G5SGuDIz)

racedo
13th Oct 2014, 21:52
I m not portuguese but i can understand that
Tomorrow 14th of october MOL will give a press conference at Porto Airport
about summer season 2015 :) maybe new routes :)

JF

Can you translate what it means when it occurs.

Obrigado..

jferreira20
13th Oct 2014, 21:58
of course.

But I'm not expecting big news.

jferreira20
14th Oct 2014, 14:53
As I said, no big news.

Just the confirmation of the announcements already made.

The only thing that is really new is that MOL said that he expects Ryanair to open a base in Azores next summer and that if the negotiations don't succeed Ryanair will fly to the Azores from Porto and Lisbon

tangarizie
15th Oct 2014, 12:43
Do you guys know where can I follow, on Ryanair's website, the news on new routes, start dates, etc...
It was something that existed in the 'old' website, but I'm unable to find in this one.

Thanks

insuindi
23rd Oct 2014, 12:39
There are suggestions of Ryanair setting up shop at HAJ from summer 2015, with the following slots applied for
HAJ-FCO
HAJ-BGY
HAJ-STN
HAJ-LPA
HAJ-AGP

FCO and STN will both be reduced by 4U in summer as they have shifted an aircraft away from the HAJ base, BGY would replace the discountined 4U Service to MXP, and AGP appears to be left vacant by Vueling for next summer. So quite a fitting route portfolio.

RAT 5
23rd Oct 2014, 19:59
I hope HAJ has nothing to do with Mecca: but then again the demand is very high and at low prices….well is it too good to resist.

insuindi
23rd Oct 2014, 20:50
@RAT5 not sure whether serious or not, but to put this beyond doubt - this is IATA Code HAJ, i.e. Hanover, Germany.

Grolsch30
23rd Oct 2014, 22:19
I work at HAJ and have not heard any rumours about Ryanair operating out of HAJ.(mind you I'm always the last to hear about These things in the first place!)

I was told that (rumour), that Ryanair wanted to fly out of HAJ in the past but the powers that be did not want them as they did not want the "low cost Airport" tag attached to HAJ. Plus they got pressure from Hapag (Tuifly), which has their base in HAJ and from Air Berlin saying they'd pull out if Ryanair came in!
Don't know how much of it is actually true though.

If Ryanair were to come i wish they'd Flybe competition to Manchester as Flybe are quite expensive.

j636
25th Oct 2014, 17:56
FR to self handle at MAD and take over 300 Swissport staff with them from tomorrow. They had applied for a licence but were refused and appealed and it was granted.

http://vozpopuli.com/economia-y-finanzas/48430-ryanair-rompe-con-swissport-tras-siete-anos-y-absorbera-300-empleados-para-su-propio-handling-en-barajas#.VEvSQPnEGcw.twitter

Is DUB the only other airport they do it?
Could it be la lot more common at medium/large bases in future?

CabinCrewe
25th Oct 2014, 18:40
wonder if there is more to be announced with the first flight from GLA

AirGuru
26th Oct 2014, 20:19
I was wondering the same at CWL. TFS begins on Thursday.

VickersVicount
26th Oct 2014, 20:49
First flight ex GLA went today without a bang, so to speak, but I suppose its not a working day for publicity etc

EI-DAC
27th Oct 2014, 10:35
On wednesday 30/10 at 9:00, press release at CPH airport :ok:

EDIT : CPH, Copenhagen

Shed-on-a-Pole
27th Oct 2014, 10:46
Circle Hot Springs Airport, Alaska, USA?????? [IATA: CHP]

davidjohnson6
27th Oct 2014, 14:08
Neither Malmo-Stansted nor Malmo-Malaga is on sale for summer 2015. Presumably Malmo is at risk of leaving Ryanair's network.

EKCH2730
27th Oct 2014, 18:57
On wednesday 30/10 at 9:00, press release at CPH airport

I suppose you mean press conference and not press release ;)

Leading the press conference at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel (next to CPH airport) will be Ryanair CCO David O'Brian and not CEO Michael O'Leary.

No agenda has been presented for the press conference so a lot of speculation is going on here in Copenhagen. That it will just be the normal Ryanair blah blah - we really want to fly from CPH but the prices must down etc etc etc... - to the announcement af a new base at CPH. Between that we find the speculation that they will move the operations at Malmö MMX to CPH and only serve a few destinations from CPH as a starting point.

We will all know more wednesday morning but i will be surpriced if they annouces a new base at CPH. The challenge for Ryanair at CPH will be the unions which organize all ground handling staff at CPH. They sees ryanair as their biggest enemy because they do not have organized staff onboard.

Unfortunately the unions are very very strong at CPH and they have previously announced that they will do everything to keep ryanair out of CPH including physical blockades. I remember when a Ryanair aircraft diverted into CPH a couple of years ago - i believe is was on the ground for about 12 hours as none of the ground handling staff at CPH would touch the aircraft.

rpmac
27th Oct 2014, 20:27
It is interesting to hear your comments about Ryanair and Denmark as earlier this year my sister in law and husband were coming to Edinburgh for a family wedding. They live in Copenhagen. I told them to check EasyJet for fares to EDI to which I was told - oh no we are not flying with THAT airline, they have a dreadful name here. I was puzzled as EasyJet have such a good name here in the UK. Anyway it turned out they thought I was talking about Ryanair! Well they flew EasyJet and were well pleased and in fact they were over again last month and again flew EasyJet, preferring them to Norwegian who they have used in the past.
So -if Ryanair do set up shop in Copenhagen it might be a fair task to overcome some negative thinking about them. Maybe not- I expect Ryanair will have done their homework.

racedo
27th Oct 2014, 23:34
Unfortunately the unions are very very strong at CPH and they have previously announced that they will do everything to keep ryanair out of CPH including physical blockades.

Good luck with that one as EU Competition law comes into play very quickly on protectionism.

LN-KGL
27th Oct 2014, 23:52
racedo, it has nothing to do with protectionism - low cost carriers like easyJet and Norwegian are welcomed at - and fly from CPH.

Jamie2k9
28th Oct 2014, 00:45
So -if Ryanair do set up shop in Copenhagen it might be a fair task to overcome some negative thinking about them. Maybe not- I expect Ryanair will have done their homework.

They will always be a market for them however its difficult for any carriers apart form flag carriers/DY based in Scandinavia to work. Not such a bad thing either.

CPH are unlikely to offer FR what they would like and it will be a case of pay what others pay or don't come to town.

cldrvr
28th Oct 2014, 16:04
A French court has ruled that Irish low cost airline Ryanair must pay 8.1m euros (£6.4m) in damages and 200,000 euros in fines for breaches of French labour laws.

BBC News - Ryanair ordered to pay ?8.3m by French court (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29801014)

Jet Jockey A4
28th Oct 2014, 16:08
Great! I hope this time it sticks.

JW411
28th Oct 2014, 17:11
Does it really matter? If he doesn't contest it, MOL will simply pay up out of his petty cash account.

Jet Jockey A4
28th Oct 2014, 17:20
Perhaps but in the end it's better his money then the tax payer's money and it is still a nice little slap in the face.

peacock1
28th Oct 2014, 17:30
Expect this one to be appealed by OLeary all the way to the European Courts of Justice in Strasbourg.
Or, if it isn't appealed in such a manner, does OLeary consider that his financial model of disregarding local labour and social insurance norms, is unsustainable, and that further legal action in Strasbourg may only serve to highlight such abuses of norms?
FR's response will be interesting.

Ancient Observer
28th Oct 2014, 17:53
I suspect that the mouth regards local laws as tiresome.

He can appeal all he wants - and he will appeal, but his legal/employment set up was wrong in the beginning.

I would eat my hat if he wins in the long run. Fortunately, I do not wear a hat.

hec7or
28th Oct 2014, 19:53
from another thread

I was working on a project for KLM at the time of the merger and most of the things they had to say about AF and the French would earn me an instant ban here if repeated.

What a difference in attitude between the French, inefficient, bureaucratic, hidebound (on l'a toujours fait comme ca.....) lazy, devious, arrogant, a massive sense of entitlement, monoglot, and confrontational, and the Dutch, professional, positive, straightforward, multilingual, and always looking for solutions rather than obstacles.

now the French...

A French court has ruled that Irish low cost airline Ryanair must pay 8.1m euros (£6.4m) in damages and 200,000 euros in fines for breaches of French labour laws.

brilliant, they've buggered up their own national airline and therefore it's logical to ensure that the Irish can't step in to show them how to operate

racedo
28th Oct 2014, 22:49
He can appeal all he wants - and he will appeal, but his legal/employment set up was wrong in the beginning.

You think French (and other EU) companys employing people all over the EU don't use the same ruses !!!!

Schorschi
29th Oct 2014, 09:13
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/141029-ryanair-announces-new-base-no-70-at-copenhagen/?market=ie)

starting with 1 ac and 3 routes: LTN, BGY + WMI.

ayroplain
29th Oct 2014, 10:54
New Base in CPH

Unfortunately the unions are very very strong at CPH and they have previously announced that they will do everything to keep ryanair out of CPH including physical blockades.

Can't wait to see how this battle goes:E.

paully
29th Oct 2014, 11:32
They might be strong bullying local management and bureaucratic legacy carriers but O`Leary is a whole different ball game. They might have just woken up and smelled the coffee..On the other hand, get the popcorn in, it could be fun ;)

FRatSTN
29th Oct 2014, 13:30
Well well well. London LUTON. Very bold move! I bet EZY didn't see that one coming. EZY have made some really daft moves recently, kind of serves them right I say.

barrymah
29th Oct 2014, 14:10
I don't have a lot of time for MO'L's style of management and his mouth, but, on the French one, he has an interesting line of argument - the EU has arrangements for the residence and tax treatment of ships crews, why nothing similar for air crews?? OK, I know it is a trick question, but if the EU means anything then they need to be consistent.
He will certainly push this one, it is only in the French courts so far. If he gets a reference to the EC court, which is presumably what he is playing for, then the sh1t will hit the fan, every citizen has the right to work where they want, MO'L will argue that means they can be rostered.... or the like.

There are unwritten agreements between the EU Member States not to allow questions of this kind to get to the EC Court, the countries know that the principle of free movement of labour, enshrined in the Treaties, will be the guideline for the Court, has to be.

As person I have sympathy for the French protection of workers, I certainly don't want the zero hours stuff as practised in the UK, for example. If the EU has rules and MO'L's company operates there then he has rights also.

LNIDA
29th Oct 2014, 16:35
Well with Norwegian running 5 flights a day between CPH-LGW there is clearly a market there.

Ryanair have had mixed results in Scandinavia, but with changes to their business practices i suspect they'll enjoy success at CPH and Norwegian will bear the brunt of competition due to their higher cost base.

LN-KGL
29th Oct 2014, 21:23
LNIDA, I think you are forgetting that CPH is the SAS main hub and this same airline is flying to all three destinations Ryanair want to start with (London, Milan and Warsaw). SAS's operating costs per ASK is over 200% higher than Ryanair's, I will say SAS will take main brunt from MOL's move. If you are flying in Go, the difference to the upgraded FR service will be minimal - and with 80% of the passengers in Go, there you have the ones MOL is wanting.

EI-BUD
30th Oct 2014, 03:16
LNIDA,

Please explain your reasoning for the assertion that 'Ryanair have had mixed results in Scandinavia'?

One of Ryanair's earliest non Ireland- UK routes was Stansted to Oslo Torp, circa 1998. Within a short time FR were boasting being #1 airline between London and Scandinavia. Their prices sent shock waves through the competitors and SAS suffered greatly. DY has been able to flourish in this market on the back of FR's lack of presence at primary airports.

Over the time since FR's entry to the Scandinavian market, the only indicators that I can see for FR ex Scandinavia are expansion, more bases new routes and now a new primary airport.

EZY on the other hand it could be very true to say that they have had mixed results in Scandinavia, few routes, many opened, many dropped. No presence in Norway, only after a short time in the Bergen market they withdrew. With only CPH routes left plus a few others, nothing significant.

It is on this basis that I would disagree.

anna_list
30th Oct 2014, 07:32
Hello,

It's certainly true that not everything Ryanair have tried has worked in Scandinavia, but then route closures and base closures have also happened elsewhere in Europe. Overall, the growth still continues.

In 2012, Ryanair were forecasting 2.2 million passengers for Rygge for that year. The 2015 forecast is down to 1.35 million. Similarly Skavsta has a forecast of 1.1 million for next year, compared to over 2 million a few years ago, so those are pretty big cuts.

Services to the Swedish airports of Karlstad, Kalmar, Angelholm and Jonkoping have all been dropped.

Nevertheless, as EI-BUD points out, Ryanair's fortunes in Scandinavia are quite a contrast to those of Easyjet.

LNIDA
30th Oct 2014, 09:24
Mixed results? i mean some good some bad, some of the flights to/from LPA/TFS had very poor loads and were quickly dropped, i think the view in Scandinavia was that a hours of endless announcements, scratch cards and so on was tolerable for a couple of hour but not 5+

I also find it strange that easyJet have not done better in this market place, their product and pricing is competitive.

LN-KGL

My reason for suspecting that DY will have more to loose from an FR presence at CPH is that pax seeking budget fares have already migrated from SAS to DY and others.

DY state that 2015 will be consolidation year and certainly need to rebuild their profitability after suffering the costly ramp up of long haul which without the support of the short haul business would probably have seen them go under. To do this becomes just a little bit harder with FR in CPH

One question though, does anyone seriously expect that the ground handling dews at CPH will try to scupper FR plans, could FR self handle at CPH

pee
30th Oct 2014, 10:28
Greetings from Scandinavia! Well, Finland is certainly not the biggest nor the most centrally located country in the Northern Europe, but it does represent some very typical lifestyle features and common values for Scandinavians.

I have to agree, Ryanair has failed to impress here. For many years I've read the comments on travellers' discussion forums. Very cautious at the beginning, with some restrained optimism later on, for many of us Ryanair became acceptable, but most people never agreed with some customer relations policies and harsh rules. Travellers have barely accepted things like hidden fees and lack of "caregiving" and customer appreciation. Bear in mind that all Scandinavian countries are welfare states and people are used to be treated with more pronounced care. The mentality / delicacy issues used to be underestimated by MOL, now it takes its toll. In a somewhat paradoxical way the negative results are apparent now (with some delay) while many of the mentioned "nasty" policies are actually being reshaped nowadays.

Also in Finland Ryanair's activities have fallen quite dramatically. Former "hit" routes like HHN - TMP are suspended for the winter and next summer will run only twice a week. One more explanation: HHN used to be a popular transfer airport for Finnish passengers. With just two flights a week it is virtually impossible to plan any connecting flights (just another underestimated habit of FR pax).

I believe the carrier's imago will improve in the future and that will have a positive impact on Ryanair's returns. Finland still has one of the highest flight prices in Europe, look at Helsinki - Warsaw route for example. No competition, prices high. Some simple routes like this one could be very profitable.

racedo
30th Oct 2014, 11:59
One question though, does anyone seriously expect that the ground handling dews at CPH will try to scupper FR plans, could FR self handle at CPH

They could and no doubt Unions will try and block but then again any Union activity that block aicraft in becomes a Police and Security matter.

Self handle easily possible and nowt the Unions could do about it.

racedo
30th Oct 2014, 12:02
It's certainly true that not everything Ryanair have tried has worked in Scandinavia, but then route closures and base closures have also happened elsewhere in Europe. Overall, the growth still continues.

In 2012, Ryanair were forecasting 2.2 million passengers for Rygge for that year. The 2015 forecast is down to 1.35 million. Similarly Skavsta has a forecast of 1.1 million for next year, compared to over 2 million a few years ago, so those are pretty big cuts.

But Anna isn't that in keeping with many airports where there is initially high demand but then it falls to its own level.

In addition the shortage of aircraft during peak summer season meant that marginal routes got culled first rather than high frequency high yielding routes.

EI-DAC
30th Oct 2014, 12:12
Press conference in Rome in this moment, MOL is present.

lfc84
30th Oct 2014, 13:41
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/novita/141030-record-di-prenotazioni-sulle-47-rotte-invernali-ryanair-da-roma/?market=it)

anna_list
30th Oct 2014, 23:04
isn't that in keeping with many airports where there is initially high demand but then it falls to its own level

Hi Racedo,
It's not the general pattern with Ryanair base airports, especially established ones like Skavsta and Rygge. They've been putting over 2 million passengers a year through Skavsta for a number of years now, so it seems strange to have cut back so much.

By contrast, many base airports have continued to grow year on year, although the recent fleet pressures have tempered this a little. Reductions are usually accompanied by press-releases about high charges or passenger taxes, but there's been none of this at either.

To me it suggests that Skavsta and Rygge haven't given Ryanair the highest yields and that the priorities lie with beefing up Stansted and setting up bases in primary airports. It will certainly be interesting to see how Copenhagen develops and whether MOL and co have anything else up their sleeves for next summer.

RAT 5
31st Oct 2014, 22:19
To me it suggests that Skavsta and Rygge haven't given Ryanair the highest yields and that the priorities lie with beefing up Stansted and setting up bases in primary airports.

That would suggest a major shift in business model.The bullying of "in the middle of nowhere' airports to seduce them into believing they have a greater status than reality might be over. Will they be able to extract the same 'fire-sale' deal from the primary airports? If not will their pricing structure be viable?
Compare the airlines to the supermarkets. Lidl & Aldi are doing well, but they are in cheaper locations. If they move into the city centre they will reduce profits and have to cross subsidise from their out of town places. Will RYR do that or will they demand a certain profit from all their routes?

davidjohnson6
1st Nov 2014, 00:03
Ryanair is not a tiny startup company, it is a large organisation with lots of people and has signed contracts with many other parties (eg airports, employees, handling agents, etc). Even with the most capable of management teams, it is very difficult to perform a major transformation of a business while remaining profitable and retaining operational effectiveness. Regardless of what MOL might want, there is only so much that can be changed about FR within a given timeframe.

racedo
1st Nov 2014, 00:53
That would suggest a major shift in business model.The bullying of "in the middle of nowhere' airports to seduce them into believing they have a greater status than reality might be over. Will they be able to extract the same 'fire-sale' deal from the primary airports? If not will their pricing structure be viable?
Compare the airlines to the supermarkets. Lidl & Aldi are doing well, but they are in cheaper locations. If they move into the city centre they will reduce profits and have to cross subsidise from their out of town places. Will RYR do that or will they demand a certain profit from all their routes?

Why would they give on the business model that brings them success and try and do the major airport to major airport when they are the ones that in many airports across europe have developed a market which didn't exist.

Lets face it before Ryanair started flying to Carcassonne, who knew where it was and who flew there, same with many airports. Ask the tourist boss in the town what would happen if no flights to the airport.

Adding primary airports when you have another 100 plus aircraft coming makes business sense.

FRatSTN
1st Nov 2014, 10:54
The business model has not changed, just the strategy. The business model will always be fundamentally about low costs, speed and efficiency. It's exactly the same with EasyJet. It was inevitable that at some point Ryanair would need to break into primary airports in order to remain competitive, but can always maintain their exceptionally low cost base through the business model they have always adopted (or at least for a very long time).

Sober Lark
3rd Nov 2014, 06:24
Six month profit to end Sep up 32%. Well done.

anna_list
3rd Nov 2014, 07:20
http://corporate.ryanair.com/docs/corp/investor/2015/half_year_2015_doc.pdf

The numbers are pretty impressive:

Profit after tax up 32% to €795m
Full year profit forecast increased to €750-770m, so still expecting to lose up to €45m over the winter
Average H1 fare up 5% to €54
load factor up 4% points to 89%
€520m special dividend in Feb 2015
Winter capacity raised: Traffic will grow by 12% in Q3 and by 20% in Q4 - an extra 2.2m passengers
Average fares to fall 3% to 5% in Q3 and 6% to 10% in Q4
Unit costs flat for FY15

VC10man
3rd Nov 2014, 14:06
I went from Stansted to Biarritz recently, the flights were full and on time.

I'm starting to like Ryanair!

MARKEYD
3rd Nov 2014, 14:29
Does anyone know if Ryanair have finished loading their summer 2015 schedule from Bournemouth yet ?

At the moment there are still 7 destinations that are not bookable all of which saw good loads this year , although i am aware of the possibility that yield may come into factor here

With no concrete information about the Flybe programme from SOU i would have thought Ryanair woukd have jumped in quickly to increase certain routes from BOH but doesnt look like it at the moment

racedo
3rd Nov 2014, 17:03
Decent set and with fuel prices heading downwards then second half could get interesting.

Jamie2k9
3rd Nov 2014, 19:04
Up to 8 aircraft will be leased again for summer 15.

I went from Stansted to Biarritz recently, the flights were full and on time.

As opposed to empty and late a few months ago..., the nicer FR wouldn't of effected such a route in any shape!

Drive4it
9th Nov 2014, 09:31
Morning.

Does anyone know of further release dates for Summer 2015 from LTN? Personally I'm looking at Alghero.

eu01
9th Nov 2014, 11:07
Very unfortunately for several minor communities, the shift of routes to major airports continues. The next "victim" is Billund in Denmark. At least four routes will be dropped from next summer schedule, they will probably appear in Copenhagen. For now, the officially discontinued routes from BLL are:BLL - FAO
BLL - ZAD
BLL - AHO
BLL - CFF

eu01
10th Nov 2014, 16:12
Very likely (TBA tomorrow, if true) a next FR base will be created in Bratislava. That would be a wise decision imho, as the capital city of Slovakia is situated close enough to Vienna to serve as the old style Wien-Ost Flughafen at the same time. Anyway, some new routes to commence there.

racedo
10th Nov 2014, 16:27
Very likely (TBA tomorrow, if true) a next FR base will be created in Bratislava.

If so then would be about time as should have been one years ago.

eu01
10th Nov 2014, 19:44
^^ The (still uncertain) base in BTS may eventually be announced on Thursday (not Tuesday), during the press conference with O'Leary in Bratislava.

lederhosen
10th Nov 2014, 20:27
Are the last two posters the same person or just a well rehearsed double act? Probably not.....but some posts make you wonder.

racedo
10th Nov 2014, 21:30
Are the last two posters the same person or just a well rehearsed double act? Probably not.....but some posts make you wonder.

Not half as much as some people names :E

lederhosen
11th Nov 2014, 06:08
I do not mean to be a spelling n*zi, but Racedo was your last post intended to be ambiguous, or was 'people' missing a couple of key strokes?

On a more serious note if Germany continues with the ridiculous tax situation is there also an opportunity in the Czech republic...say Karlovy Vary? Their own airline seems to be imploding and the road connections are improving.

pee
11th Nov 2014, 07:11
Karlovy Vary? A fine place, but not quite in line with the newest development targets.

In a way, I do regret that Ryanair has changed its policy towards small airports. Usually there exists a significant potential in these communities, both for local people and for incoming tourists. The only hurdle is the point-to-point strategy. How often you can fly from Tampere just to Bremen and nowhere else? How many of Bremen dwellers will decide to go to Tampere? That's the problem. FR or other lcc should give Tampere (as an example) more versatility (more choices by connecting some flights) to achieve more.

lederhosen
11th Nov 2014, 07:43
At the right price point I think Karlovy Vary could manage a double daily Palma/greek islands in the summer and Egypt/canary islands through the winter without much risk. IF CSA goes the way of Malev anything could happen.

VC10man
11th Nov 2014, 10:46
I've been to Karlovy Vari, very nice town, had a spot of lunch there.

Karlovy Vary was used for the casino in the film "Casino Royal".

Not a lot of people know that.

I went on Ryanair to Biarritz recently. They have improved, I like to know where my seat is, I hated the scrum and rush they used to have. They weren't checking the size of the bags like they used to and they even let passengers take their duty free or handbag as well as the carry on.

If they carry on like this, they will be getting a good name. This will never do!

Schorschi
13th Nov 2014, 14:13
Base no. 71 goes to... Bratislava.

2 aircraft, 1 new route to Madrid, 16 routes in total.

RAT 5
13th Nov 2014, 16:13
Good God: if RYR continue to take over Europe, and God forbid, an Irish politician becomes EU commission president, then Guinness could become the enforced tipple of choice rather than gold nectar, and shamrocks would replace daffodils as the EU flower of Spring. The Emerald isle needs all the dosh it can get back home and the whole of EU could turn green/blue/yellow before you could say leaping leprechauns. They already have Spain surrounded; something the Brits failed to do. They have only Gib and Costa Mijas and a long gone memory of a burning Armada. The Irish have nearly finished off the job. So why don't they go for the full set and fly to Gib? If they own all the houses & hotels they can charge a premium everytime you land on one; that or go to jail without passing Go; when the flight is diverted.

davidjohnson6
13th Nov 2014, 16:16
Bratislava and Copenhagen so far. Where will the 3rd promised base be ? Amsterdam, Hannover or somewhere else ?

racedo
13th Nov 2014, 16:51
Bratislava and Copenhagen so far. Where will the 3rd promised base be ? Amsterdam, Hannover or somewhere else ?

Heathrow :p

racedo
13th Nov 2014, 16:52
I've been to Karlovy Vari,

Boris goes to Karlovy..............

eu01
13th Nov 2014, 17:19
Geographically: not many EU countries left without any Ryanair base (just a few).

Western and Central Europe: France, Austria, Luxembourg, Czechia.

France unlikely due to taxation and regulations. Vienna will now use Bratislava, LUX not very attractive, Prague...?

Northern Europe: Finland, Estonia, Latvia.

HEL still too expensive, Estonia probably too small, RIX rather worsening their conditions.

Southern and Eastern Europe: Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia.

unlikely
I guess no new country will show on the list of bases this year.

TOM100
13th Nov 2014, 18:03
Wales perhaps ? lol

racedo
13th Nov 2014, 19:19
I guess no new country will show on the list of bases this year.

NovoRussia:E

Sharklet_321
14th Nov 2014, 04:46
Can we expect further announcements in relation to S15 routes and bases before Christmas?

RAT 5
14th Nov 2014, 06:11
Switzerland was always a strong rumour. In the middle of the country, between Berne & Lausanne, there is a large military airfield doing nothing. I heard there had been a RYR visit a few years ago. It would lie between Basle, Geneva & Zurich. <2.00hrs from all of them. Kill many birds with one stone.

Alsacienne
14th Nov 2014, 07:04
FR are now at BSL daily from STN. Will they need to go elsewhere? There is a direct bus shuttle from the Swiss side of BSL to Basel Railway Station ... fast connections to Zurich and Geneva already exist, plus France ....

lederhosen
14th Nov 2014, 10:11
Basel to Geneva is between two and a half and three hours by train once you have taken the shuttle so even by Ryanair standards not particularly fast. It is doable in a backpacker sort of way. The roads are also so so, having driven a few hire cars to and from duties there. A wide area around Zurich seems to be prone to jams and the speed limit and road fines make car progress leisurely, although the scenery is OK.

alm1
14th Nov 2014, 13:00
For Ryanair backpackers flying to Basel is good because you can use cheap advance German railway tickets to get to almost any village in Switzerland. Buying train travel in Switzerland can quickly exceed all flying costs.

Nakata77
16th Nov 2014, 02:08
Regarding the mysterious dropping of previously long-standing seasonal services to Pisa, Wroclaw, Ibiza, Fuerteventura, Carcasonne, etc etc; could it be that they want to show how much of an impact they have on the airport if FR don't renew a few weekly flights? It seem's late in the season not to be on sale with flights from March/April onwards...

Hoping to be proved wrong and that the seasonal, very popular services will be uploaded soon.

EI-BUD
16th Nov 2014, 09:02
Nakata77,

Re you post about BOH 2015; maybe it's that MAG know FR is scaling back, hence they put a deep cut deal on the table to keep the airport busy. Why would FR have an issue with BE coming in, there is no proposed overlap....?

Nakata77
16th Nov 2014, 09:38
Keeping BOH reliant on Ryanair is in Ryanair's interest.

BIQ or even TLN could potentially be something that Ryanair would want to do from BOH, so it's brave of Flybe unless as you say Ryanair was signalling an intent to cut back...

StevieW
16th Nov 2014, 18:19
Why don't you just accept that they have dropped a few destinations, and they're probably not coming back?

Ryanair drop and start routes all the time, a seasonal one aircraft base is hardly their biggest concern.

FKB-Freak
16th Nov 2014, 20:31
Ryanair wants to base a third Aircraft in Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden 2016.

Colm O'Shea told this in a interview to a local press company a few day's ago.

silverstrata
27th Nov 2014, 15:38
So O'Leary is noe going to become a nice manager and a good employer.

Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary admits they should have been 'nicer' to customers | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2813863/Controversial-Ryanair-boss-admits-no-frills-carrier-nicer-customers-sooner.html)

So does this mean that he is going to compensate all the pilots, whose lives he tried to destroy? Does this mean he will make a minimum of 40 mins for a turnaround? Does this mean that he will allow professional aviators to do a professional job?

Pigs may fly.....

adfly
27th Nov 2014, 16:33
Always makes me laugh when I read the Daily Wail comments section on a Ryanair article; 'too little too late' 'O'Leary has made them fail' 'I'd rather walk' etc, beyond deluded the lot of them.

CCFAIRPORT
28th Nov 2014, 09:09
DIVERTED TO FUERTAVENTURA AIRPORT DUE FOG AT KRAKOW AIRPORT

FR 964
Londres Stansted
Göteborg City
07:00
09:50

How is it possible :bored:

Just a spotter
28th Nov 2014, 09:12
From The Irish Independent, 26th November 2014

"We're the biggest international airline in the world, it's not Pan Am, it's not British Airways...it's a bunch of bloody Paddies based out in Swords."

With an interesting video clip for anyone interested in reading between the lines of business strategy.

Ryanair's Michael O'Leary: 'Humility a great trait, it took me 25 years to learn it' - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanairs-michael-oleary-humility-a-great-trait-it-took-me-25-years-to-learn-it-30776455.html)

JAS

CCFAIRPORT
29th Nov 2014, 10:01
Ryanair boss to visit Shannon | The Clare Herald (http://clareherald.com/2014/11/28/ryanair-boss-to-visit-shannon-53654/)

racedo
29th Nov 2014, 15:50
Over in a flash: short Ryanair EGM seals $22bn jet buy - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/over-in-a-flash-short-ryanair-egm-seals-22bn-jet-buy-30783212.html)

This one is funny as the room for EGM had to be vacated quickly as was booked for Crew training.................. EGM took 35 seconds.

figgi_gsm
29th Nov 2014, 18:52
EDI-SNN showing on the FR website.

Cyrano
29th Nov 2014, 19:01
EDI-SNN showing on the FR website.

Nice idea, but I think it's just a one-off for the Six Nations rugby. Search for SNN-EDI-SNN for March 20-22 2015 and you'll see.

MerchantVenturer
29th Nov 2014, 19:07
There are also flights on the Ryanair website for SNN-CWL-SNN and DUB-CWL-DUB re the Wales v Ireland game the previous weekend.

Hotel Tango
3rd Dec 2014, 14:07
So, I read that RYR's new B737MAX will seat 200 at 28" seat pitch. One more reason (of the many I have already) for me to avoid them like the plague! Should also be lots of fun with the hand baggage!

Gulf Julliet Papa
3rd Dec 2014, 14:19
That depends which article you read. Every one I have gives 28, 29 or 30, and uses words such as "could" or "should", they do not say will...

Sober Lark
3rd Dec 2014, 15:01
When the seat of person in front can't recline then a 28 inch seat pitch is perfectly acceptable for a short haul flight.

asteroid01
3rd Dec 2014, 16:21
Hi,
Can anyone kindly help me with concise and accurate information about the salaries for both the recently advertised Permanent and Contract roles?
I have been on ppjn and, as usual, ppjn is pretty unclear and uselss. Nor does there appear to be any info in the last 20 or so pages of this thread.

In return I can provide info about life in the UAE / Dubai......just ask.

Basically,I have 8000TT, 2000 as Senior F/O on the NG and 3000 command on a turboprop including line training.

I want to appraise Ryanair and will be grateful to anyone that can give me any accurate info about the package. And I am more than willing to return info about life in DXB.

I can also be conatcted at [email protected]

Thanks.

Aluminium shuffler
3rd Dec 2014, 17:35
The reason that you can't get solid information is that the company deals with each base individually, with dozens of different contracts. The waters are muddied sot hat no-one really knows what is going on and to prevent cohesion or collective bargaining by the pilots. Divide and conquer, my friend... In short, the UK bases are on the best pay, but FOs in many EU bases are on as little as £18k basic, and captains on £36k. The new contracts are astonishingly poorly paid. Don't forget to factor in all the costs of employment - licence, medicals, equipment, uniform, initial training (recurrent is by company if employed, but paid by you if contractor, and hotac for training is at your cost regardless), food and drinks at work (none provided)...

RAT 5
3rd Dec 2014, 21:39
When the seat of person in front can't recline then a 28 inch seat pitch is perfectly acceptable for a short haul flight.

Since when was >4.30hrs i.e. Canaries, Cyprus, perhaps Tel Aviv 'short-haul? Back-ache airlines. I fly an airline as pax where their 'seatback upright' position has more recline than RYR or ez. After that they even have recline. I accept the financial reason for fixed setbacks, but the angle they've chosen is rubbish. If you're a midget, perhaps, but not for an average bloke.

INeedTheFull90
3rd Dec 2014, 21:55
Well, with British Airways A320s having 29" in some rows, I'm sure pax sat in these rows would be thankful for non reclining seats in front of them.

asteroid01
4th Dec 2014, 15:05
Hi Aluminium Shuffler,
Thanks for the info........It has to be UK based and on a UK salary.....Europe is simply out of the question as life in DXB is pretty good. Having said that, I would rather give a little to be back in blighty.
Perhaps I will mail direct.

Aluminium shuffler
4th Dec 2014, 16:59
Asteroid, you'd be better off trawling through the Ts&Cs threads about the company than this section - you won't find anything useful in here, but there is plenty in that section. Happy to talk directly as I'm UK based and may be able to answer some questions.

daz211
5th Dec 2014, 11:15
PONTA DELGADA ( AZORES ).

One based Aircraft,
3 new routes ...London STN, Lisbon and Porto.

daz211
5th Dec 2014, 11:22
3 new routes from Ponta Delgada (AZORES).

All start April 15'

London Stansted 1x weekly
Lisbon 2x daily
Porto 1x daily

Ryanair are also in talks with Airport Terceira (AZORES).

LBIA
5th Dec 2014, 22:06
Have Ryanair had a fall out with Milan Bergamo? I'm only asking as it looks like the Leeds route has been dropped for next summer 2015. Up until now Ryanair have done well passenger wise, that good they even ran Jet2 of the route before.the competition started 2 years ago.

Letsflycwl
5th Dec 2014, 23:13
Anyone know if anything else is planned or in the "pipeline" for Cardiff ??

eu01
10th Dec 2014, 16:49
Very likely Ryanair will return to Deauville, Normandy, a very picturesque French town. Back in 2007 FR has started its only route to DOL from STN, but cancelled it after just three weeks of flying.

Expressflight
10th Dec 2014, 17:16
Press conference at DOL tomorrow at 10:30.

Expressflight
11th Dec 2014, 09:04
Twice weekly flights STN-DOL have been announced at the Press Conference this morning.

CCFAIRPORT
11th Dec 2014, 09:21
Not confirmed for the moment but press conference today

Lorient to Porto (twice a week) from April 4th 2015

Aéroport de Lorient. Une ligne vers Porto avec* Ryanair ? - Lorient - Le Télégramme, quotidien de la Bretagne (http://www.letelegramme.fr/morbihan/lorient/aeroport-une-ligne-vers-porto-avec-la-compagnie-ryanair-11-12-2014-10457957.php?utm_source=rss_telegramme&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss&xtor=RSS-20)

CCFAIRPORT
13th Dec 2014, 20:57
New base at Munich Airport ?

Billig-Konkurrenz der Lufthansa: Ryanair drängt an Münchener Flughafen - Handel - Unternehmen - Wirtschaftswoche (http://www.wiwo.de/unternehmen/handel/billig-konkurrenz-der-lufthansa-ryanair-draengt-an-muenchener-flughafen/11116504.html)

boyzinblue
15th Dec 2014, 10:09
Munich would be very interesting, since FR could also take LH on, on domestic routes

peppo_8787
15th Dec 2014, 14:31
Dec 17 press conference in Palermo.

A lot of new routes will be announced, at least 4 new internationals.

CCFAIRPORT
15th Dec 2014, 19:52
i don t know why but the 4 INTL routes for me could be Charleroi (CRL) Athens (ATH) Madrid (MAD) and Beauvais (BVA)

CCFAIRPORT
16th Dec 2014, 09:09
Ryanair to aggressively expand German network with Munich base - ch-aviation.com (http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/33715-ryanair-to-aggressively-expand-german-network-with-munich-base)

CCFAIRPORT
16th Dec 2014, 14:05
More flights from/to BUD for S15

Ryanair to launch more Budapest flights in summer | The Budapest Business Journal on the web | bbj.hu (http://www.bbj.hu/business/ryanair-to-launch-more-budapest-flights-in-summer_89816)

CCFAIRPORT
16th Dec 2014, 14:09
NEW ROUTE

Bratislava (BTS) to Athens (ATH)

3 pw

Ryanair will launch flights from Bratislava to Athens - The Slovak Spectator (http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/view/56284/10/ryanair_will_launch_flights_from_bratislava_to_athens.html)

CCFAIRPORT
16th Dec 2014, 16:49
Additional new routes from Athens

Bratislava
Budapest
Santorini

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/141216-ryanair-announces-3-additional-new-athens-routes-to-budapest-bratislava-santorini/?market=en)

davidjohnson6
16th Dec 2014, 17:15
The German media seem to have got very excited in the last few days at the possibility of Ryanair turning up at Munich's main airport. As far as I can tell, it seems to be based exclusively on a single magazine interview disclosing that discussions have come very close to agreement on terms, but those terms were not completely agreed yet.

Thus FR seems to have a high probability of announcing flights from MUC but nothing definite seems to have been announced yet - no routes, number of based aircraft, frequencies or tickets going on sale. The interview disclosure might of course serve to warn any rivals from announcing expansions at MUC, but otherwise talk in this instance is cheap.

Am I missing something or is there more to this story ?

CCFAIRPORT
16th Dec 2014, 19:59
NEW ROUTE

Manchester - Stuttgart

BFS Dude
16th Dec 2014, 20:10
Any plans on Ryanair starting flights from Belfast International Airport soon?

CCFAIRPORT
16th Dec 2014, 21:08
I don't know for that ! Anyone here????

EI-BUD
16th Dec 2014, 21:46
No FR for BFS, cannot get the deal they want. BHD can give them the deal they want but not the facilities, ie extra runway!!!

AIRPORT66
17th Dec 2014, 08:40
How do you know this.

CCFAIRPORT
17th Dec 2014, 16:39
Additional new routes from Palermo after the Press conference
5 new routes

Berlin-Schönefeld (2pw)
Memmingen
Paris-Beauvais
Turin (daily)
Verona (daily)

+ Verona to Brussels-Zaventem

FA10
17th Dec 2014, 19:22
Verona is back? Surprise, surprise!

Seljuk22
19th Dec 2014, 18:25
4th aircraft for ATH and 3rd for PMO from April 2015.

AerRyan
21st Dec 2014, 23:09
Apparently Shannon will get a third aircraft in September.

CCFAIRPORT
22nd Dec 2014, 08:09
Maybe new routes?

eu01
22nd Dec 2014, 16:56
Would it be shocking to see the President of the European Council flying Ryanair? Well, perhaps it shouldn't be, that already happened on the route from Brussels to Krakow. http://1.s.dziennik.pl/pliki/7223000/7223708-donald-tusk-lata-tanimi-liniami.jpg
(Mr. Donald Tusk aboard Ryanair, first published on Facebook).

I think there is nothing disgraceful if top politician saves taxpayers' money by choosing an LCC. I could imagine some others flying low-cost too. The problem lies elsewhere, though. While Pope, for example, would use Ryanair for sure, most of his cardinals probably wouldn't.

Btw. Shouldn't Ryanair consider starting a new route from BRU to GDN (family town of Mr. Tusk) as a kind of prestigious PR gesture?

Heathrow Harry
23rd Dec 2014, 12:05
lee Kwan yew always traveled on SQ

The new President of Indonesia & his Mrs went Garuda slave class to Singapore to see their son recently, paid for it himself AND lined up with the great unwashed at check-in and security as well...........................:D

aer lingus
23rd Dec 2014, 17:21
Tony Blair flew EasyJet and the Queen of Spain flew Ryanair.

EI-A330-300
23rd Dec 2014, 17:32
FR launch a US website to allow bookings in $.

AerRyan
23rd Dec 2014, 17:33
Is this a sign for something?

lfc84
23rd Dec 2014, 18:47
Is this a sign for something?

copying easyjet. their reasoning was that it was better for US visitors in europe to book in their own currency. they also make money on the dcc

CaptainCriticalAngle
24th Dec 2014, 15:34
Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary: 'No company has done more in the last 30 years to boost the process of European integration than us' (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-boss-michael-oleary-no-company-has-done-more-in-the-last-30-years-to-boost-the-process-of-european-integration-than-us-9944017.html?origin=internalSearch)

PAXboy
1st Jan 2015, 16:28
It's a corker and not even the 1st of April ...

Ryanair duped by comedian Ryan Hand's 'emotional baggage' tweet | Metro News (http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/31/ryanair-duped-by-comedians-tweet-5004863/)

Seljuk22
5th Jan 2015, 17:44
Passenger figures for 2014

86.4m +6.2% LF: 86% +3pp

December saw an increase of 20% to 6.02m and a LF of 88% (+7pp)

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/150105-ryanair-december-traffic-grows-20-to-over-6m-customers/?market=en)

boyzinblue
7th Jan 2015, 14:10
MOL in an interview with the Handelsblatt stated FR want to increase their market share in Germany from currently 4 % to 15-20 % in 4 years. FR are in discussions with 8 German airports - currently not been served.