PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

yeo valley
9th Aug 2016, 20:35
if you see where it came from,then yes you are right. cant believe wiki for as long as it takes to read it.

BFS BHD
12th Aug 2016, 19:52
Anyone know when the next Ryanair B738 is going to be delivered?

Seljuk22
13th Aug 2016, 13:14
FR reduce flights on GOT-STN
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/nyheter/160803-gothenburg-london-schedule-cut-after-swedavia-increases-airport-charges/?market=se)

Ametyst1
17th Aug 2016, 11:46
Ryanair are to commence a twice weekly service between Liverpool and Bari from 28 March 2017.

EI-A330-300
17th Aug 2016, 11:53
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160817-record-growth-plan-announced-for-italy-in-2017/?market=en)

- 10 new aircraft (an investment of over $1 billion) allocated to the Italian market

- 44 new routes, 21 at Rome & Milan airports and 23 at Italy’s regional airports

- 3m new passengers pa will be delivered (10% growth in 2017)

- Over 35m customers will fly to/from Italian airports with Ryanair in 2017

- 2,250 jobs will be created by Ryanair at Italy’s airports in 2017
_____
14 new routes added today.

HH6702
17th Aug 2016, 12:12
Will NCL get Milan ?

toledoashley
17th Aug 2016, 12:27
No -EDI gets BGY.

Curious Pax
17th Aug 2016, 15:16
Anyone know when the next Ryanair B738 is going to be delivered?

The past is not a reliable guide to the future in this context, however they normally seem to have a hiatus over the summer peak, then start rolling in again during September. The usual sources don't yet have a line number for the next one that would make guessing slightly more accurate, though Jethros site does show 16 due for delivery this year, which would suggest 1 a week on average form early next month.

Time will tell, as ever....

eu01
30th Aug 2016, 11:15
Some new routes between The Iberian Peninsula and Poland coming. Wroclaw will get the connection to Lisbon and PMI, Warsaw WMI to Faro.

DublinPole
30th Aug 2016, 12:43
WAW - WRO
WAW - GDN
Going to 3x a day from commencement

WAW - SZZ
Launching in March 2017

Originally the above was due to launch a while ago but wasn't announced after better opportunities elsewhere lead to a shortage of aircraft.

eu01
31st Aug 2016, 10:05
Just came a new base announcement. From the start of Summer season 2017, two aircraft will be based in PRG. Seven routes, including two new ones to LPL and TPS.

The next base announcement could be in (beware of spelling :ok:) Polish cities Rzeszów and/or Szczecin.

DublinPole
31st Aug 2016, 10:40
The next chapter of Ryanair Vs Polish State Airports and LOT is now playing out and it's happening pretty much as I predicted earlier in the year.

For previous chapters in this particular story check
http://www.pprune.org/9358330-post5154.html (April)
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/496656-ryanair-9-a-160.html#post9426206 (June)

There is still continued talk about Polish State airports buying a majority stake in Modlin Airport, and recently the Chairman of Modlin Airport has resigned, over what is said to be plans to allow this to happen, to be replaced by an Ex LOT official who is said to be very much pro these plans and dragging his heels over any expansion plans.

In response Ryanair is now going to up domestic routes at Chopin Airport to try and hit LOT where it hurts and Michael O'Leary is now promising to fund the expansion of Modlin Airport itself, because they are (rightly) worried that the whole new chairman and ownership approach is an attempt to stifle growth at Modlin to protect LOT at Chopin Airport.

O'Leary's idea of funding the airport probably has no real prospect of happening, however it is most likely a deliberate publicity stunt to try and call out the excuse that the funding isn't available to expand Modlin which is currently being portrayed as the case.

http://www.pasazer.com/news/31362/ryanair,chce,finansowac,rozbudowe,modlina.html

1sky
31st Aug 2016, 10:45
Just came a new base announcement. From the start of Summer season 2017, two aircraft will be based in PRG. Seven routes, including two new ones to LPL and TPS.

The Prague base was announced in April!

j636
31st Aug 2016, 10:52
London schedule just two new routes
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160831-ryanair-launches-london-summer-2017-schedule-2-new-routes-to-strasbourg-faro-calls-on-govt-to-approve-3-london-runways-in-post-brexit-initiative/?market=en)

davidjohnson6
31st Aug 2016, 12:29
I wouldn't call Stansted-Strasbourg new - Ryanair were flying the route in summer 2013

I'm a little surprised to see that Stansted-Oslo Torp is back for summer 2017. Stansted-Oslo Rygge ends at the end of October 2016 and I thought STN-TRF would also end to make way for Stansted-Oslo Gardemoen

Stansted-Ponta Delgada returns as a seasonal for summer 2017 - I'm guessing marketing support is involved

Pescara seems to have pulled a financial rabbit out of the hat to keep STN-PSR

Stansted-Deauville seems to end in October 2016.
Finally, Stansted-Parma seems to be terminating - had thought this route would do ok over the summer months but am clearly mistaken

jfy1999
31st Aug 2016, 16:24
Something funny going on with these two routes.

Ibiza is 3 weekly this summer but just 2 weekly flights were showing in the S17 timetable before the press release was made announcing that it would increase to 6 weekly (obviously in response to Jet2 who will also be 6 weekly). But the timetable is still showing just 2 weekly flights, even while other routes are being updated.

PMI which was due to increase from 9 to 11 weekly is the other route which has yet to see the announced additional flights loaded into the timetable.

OltonPete
1st Sep 2016, 11:41
jfy1999

The BHX 2017 schedule I imagine was put together pre-Brexit and in the past Ryanair have never released summer bookings this early but it has backfired as it has undergone many changes already.

The original was clearly 5 based aircraft as certain days the schedule was maxed out. Then post-Brexit it was stated no further UK base expansion in the short-term and low and behold mass time changes and back to four based but a BHX Ryanair record of 13 away based flights on a Tuesday at peak and over 10 on other days.

There might be a change of heart on Palma & Ibiza although it could be a case of just fitting in the flights from the Baleric bases.

As long as they operate BHX won't be complaining as I am sure an aircraft departing at 10am rather than 7am will help the flow of passengers through the terminal.

I have flown at both those times this summer and difference is astonishing although the airport was coping at 7am it was a totally different experience.

Pete

ssflyer
1st Sep 2016, 21:54
And FR immediately responded to Jet2 opening a base at BHX (post brexit) by announcing new destinations head on with Jet2,but not with BHX based aircraft
SSF

Buster the Bear
2nd Sep 2016, 13:48
Ryanair interested in extra Boeing 737 jets if orders canceled | The Seattle Times (http://www.seattletimes.com/business/ryanair-interested-in-extra-boeing-737-jets-if-orders-canceled/?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=RSS_business)

j636
4th Sep 2016, 13:49
Ryanair may return to Vitoria, Spain. Might be announced this week previous routes were STN between 2005-2007 and DUB in 2007.

Also appears FR couldn't get an agreement with MAG and STN about a growth scheme for 2017 hence no major growth planned. The 3% DUB cuts appear to be a case of the daa not confirming if the existing growth scheme will operate in 2017 however some could be made up through new routes from Europe.

whitelighter
5th Sep 2016, 15:21
No room st the inn at stansted until the echo apron and pier four are completed.
The airport is just about at capacity overnight so the logical thing for FR expansion would be other base aircraft flying in after the first wave departs.

Less about Brexit and more about no where to park any extra aircraft at stansted overnight

FRatSTN
5th Sep 2016, 15:55
Ryanair already does a lot of this. They base fewer aircraft overnight at STN than they have done in the past but far more aircraft based overseas come in as the first wave goes out. Look at the STN arrivals/departure boards for tomorrow morning and you'll see how many come in first thing on turnarounds.

There is still a fair bit of unused remote parking and if you've been through STN lately you may have noticed some new gate signage for Gate numbers 90 - 93 which are in a separate area and used specifically for bussing passengers out to these remote stands.

MANFOD
5th Sep 2016, 16:11
MAN has the same problem with T3 parking for based a/c and has quite a high percentage of RYR flights with non-based a/c. We don't yet know RYR's plans for S2017 apart from Irish and Italy routes that have been loaded.

BFS BHD
6th Sep 2016, 20:04
Anyone know what the big news is that's going to be announced tomorrow? Ryanairs been posting on social media this evening about it.

Jorik
6th Sep 2016, 20:42
NEW ROUTES:

Lisbon (LIS) - Terceira Lajes (TER)
Porto (OPO) - Terceira Lajes (TER)

billyg
7th Sep 2016, 08:20
Anyone know what the big news is that's going to be announced tomorrow? Ryanairs been posting on social media this evening about it.

There's been speculation about a big increase in their GLA ops and MOL has just arrived in the Lear , so here's hoping !:cool:

Lon12
7th Sep 2016, 08:33
There's been speculation about a big increase in their GLA ops and MOL has just arrived in the Lear , so here's hoping !:cool:

Yeah, GLA-VLC New route

sinbad73
7th Sep 2016, 11:33
GLA - LIS / PLQ / VLC / ZAD

gopaisleygo
7th Sep 2016, 11:40
That will keep blondie and her little worker ants happy. Different routes for sure, good additions.
My mate is a travel agent and received a competition last week basically asking where FR didn't fly - woops!! EDI seem a lot more focused on message

fanrailuk
7th Sep 2016, 12:03
New EDI routes for S17

EDI > GRO
EDI > IBZ
EDI > BGY (already previously announced?)
EDI > OPO
EDI > VGO

davidjohnson6
10th Sep 2016, 12:38
With most companies selling to mass market consumers, there is some sort of loyalty scheme - one earns points of some form which give clear benefits to consumers; the more you spend with a company the greater the potential for the customer to benefit.

Could someone tell me the upside of the MyRyanair scheme from the point of view of passengers/customers ? I don't believe that being able to save all my personal details with Ryanair including my address, credit card and passport number are particularly useful to me.

It sounds to me like Ryanair benefit by getting large amounts of customer data in a joined-up fashion, so they can track how people behave and target their marketing better. I can't see how customers benefit in any particular way. I would have thought that as a retailer, Ryanair would want to find some way to encourage people who (potentially) fly with them regularly to choose Ryanair by being tied in via some scheme, rather than going to a competitor - Easyjet, Wizz, Vueling and Norwegian all do this in some form.

Is there some secret benefit from Ryanair's loyalty sceme that I'm missing ?

dohouch
10th Sep 2016, 14:20
I suppose it fills in all the personal stuff for when you book a flight. That's enough for me.
It is a low cost after all, that deals in high volume. Airlines that offer fully upholstered prices, have more leeway to give miles etc.

racedo
10th Sep 2016, 21:37
With most companies selling to mass market consumers, there is some sort of loyalty scheme - one earns points of some form which give clear benefits to consumers; the more you spend with a company the greater the potential for the customer to benefit.

Could someone tell me the upside of the MyRyanair scheme from the point of view of passengers/customers ? I don't believe that being able to save all my personal details with Ryanair including my address, credit card and passport number are particularly useful to me.

It sounds to me like Ryanair benefit by getting large amounts of customer data in a joined-up fashion, so they can track how people behave and target their marketing better. I can't see how customers benefit in any particular way. I would have thought that as a retailer, Ryanair would want to find some way to encourage people who (potentially) fly with them regularly to choose Ryanair by being tied in via some scheme, rather than going to a competitor - Easyjet, Wizz, Vueling and Norwegian all do this in some form.

Is there some secret benefit from Ryanair's loyalty sceme that I'm missing ?

If you don't join up they will come around and take your wife away.........:E

Seriously though it is a useful way of targeting sales and promotions to people.........

Tomek and Kasia fly Stansted - Wroclaw with their 2 kids every summer so they know the ages of the kids etc so they push the Half term offers to them or send them offers to pass to family to come to UK.

Paulo and Maria fly Lamezia-Stansted twice a year, both are in 60's so probably retired visiting family so target promotion so they fly more often at off peak time.

50 people always seem to fly Dublin-Manchester return when Man Utd playing at home but never stay over, opportunity to change flight time by 30 minutes on a Saturday or Sunday or weeknight really late flight so they just fly with Ryanair plus for a fee offer them chance to change flight if game time moved.

Company sends people from Barcelona to Italy all the time using whatever flights they can get, identify the people and then grab the whole business account guaranteeing a seat at last minute on certain days if needed.

davidjohnson6
10th Sep 2016, 22:30
racedo - you've completely understood how Ryanair can benefit from having a loyalty scheme and the inherent possible uses that comes from big data.
The problem is that plenty of passengers won't give that data until there is something in it for the customer as well. Additionally, loyalty schemes make passengers behave irrationally and prefer earning hard-to-use points or feeling affinity to a brand when they are probably better off just going for the cheapest vendor in the market.

Thus, why is Ryanair being reluctant to give some sort of reward for a customer sharing their data or otherwise offer some sort of tangible benefit that becomes worthwhile if flying Ryanair (rather than any other airline) on a regular basis ?
Companies can compete on cost alone, but trying to bamboozle people through marketing schemes makes it much easier to earn more profit.

j636
11th Sep 2016, 01:14
But if Mr O'Leary has his way, the sign-up won't be optional for long.

"Maybe next year, we won't allow you to make a booking online unless you join up for our myRyanair programme," he told an audience at the US Ambassador's residence in Dublin.

"That will be every single passenger's individual frequent flyer programme," he said. "If you flew five times with us last year, you'll get an even bigger incentive to fly with us six times this year. We'll also know if you like to park your car at the airport, and we can give you a one-click discount on the car-parking. You order your coffee on board, you click and it's all done. No payments on board the aircraft. We're going to transform the whole travel journey."

Ryanair will force flyers to sign up to app for tickets - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-will-force-flyers-to-sign-up-to-app-for-tickets-35034224.html)

RAT 5
11th Sep 2016, 07:46
The thought of MOL being my Big Brother is scary.

racedo
11th Sep 2016, 09:47
The thought of MOL being my Big Brother is scary.

Bear in mind GCHQ / NSA / HMRC have all your details anyway what is there to worry about..............

Did anybody order two black vans ? two have mysteriously appeared outside the hous.............

racedo
11th Sep 2016, 10:06
racedo - you've completely understood how Ryanair can benefit from having a loyalty scheme and the inherent possible uses that comes from big data.
The problem is that plenty of passengers won't give that data until there is something in it for the customer as well. Additionally, loyalty schemes make passengers behave irrationally and prefer earning hard-to-use points or feeling affinity to a brand when they are probably better off just going for the cheapest vendor in the market.

Based the article linked to by J636 it seems they want to do as I suggested.
I know I have booked Car hire on a number of occasions this year. The free change / cancellation facility is great, checked the price 48 hours before I fly and on 2 occasions found it 20% cheaper, quick change and money stays in my pocket,

The one stop shop offer which they pushing will expand, being able to book everything at one go, cheaper than individual items people do go for.................... can see them doing it for train travel as well.

Ryanair can easily undercut most middlemen, the car parking consolidators need to make £10 from your booking to cover their costs in set up, webdesign etc, Ryanair only need £1 as its all part of the website.

I can see the onboard service working, on a 2 hr flight likely will have a coffee early morning plus a chocolate bar or a soft drink and a bar in afternoon, instead of paying €3 on board I get it for €2 in advance and no need for vouchers or anything they just bring it to seat 14C.

At moment FA's have zero idea what they will sell, future they just deliver as sale already made..........possibly an issue as maybe no commission for a web sale.

inOban
11th Sep 2016, 12:42
I've been told that you can prebook and pay for meals on Jet2, at a discount to the on-board price.

DC9_10
11th Sep 2016, 13:36
Jet2 pre order meals are not available to buy on board. The buy on board option is different. Highly recommend the pre order sausage and mash though. Far better than the tasteless overpriced offering in many a Spanish airport.

compton3bravo
11th Sep 2016, 19:05
Why don't you try Spanish food, it is rather good or are you one of those that does not like 'foreign muck'.

WHBM
11th Sep 2016, 19:22
Why don't you try Spanish food, it is rather good or are you one of those that does not like 'foreign muck'.Indeed it is. Unfortunately it does not seem to have penetrated to Spanish airports, or more likely did once but was swept away. The first Spanish thing that you see at Palma on arrival as you walk in past the gate is a Burger King :(

DC9_10
11th Sep 2016, 19:38
My sentiment exactly,incidentally, having owned several Spanish properties, I do quite like their food.

Stu707
11th Sep 2016, 20:46
Jet2 pre order meals are not available to buy on board. The buy on board option is different. Highly recommend the pre order sausage and mash though. Far better than the tasteless overpriced offering in many a Spanish airport.

Can definatley recommend the onboard meals and the sausage and mash meal is very tasty indeed, having had several of the onboard offerings and we haven't had a bad one yet, certainly value for money and would not hesitate buying this product

RAT 5
11th Sep 2016, 21:07
Why not just take your own picnic. Is it not just own drinks that are not allowed? except soft ones.

sunday8pm
13th Sep 2016, 11:00
MOL continues to sulk about Brexit while Jet2 move into the backyard.

Charlie Roy
13th Sep 2016, 12:01
MOL continues to sulk about Brexit while Jet2 move into the backyard.

My thoughts exactly! I thought MOL would expand aggressively after Brexit, gain market share while others stall and flounder.

FRatSTN
13th Sep 2016, 12:18
Don't know what's going on with FR's checked baggage fees at the moment. Seems to vary from pretty much every route on every month.

That said they do seem more reasonably priced, especially 20kg bags which now seem more competitively priced compared to 15kg bags (previously it were always much better value for 15kg).

Looking from just a few random selections...

East Midlands to Rome-CIA, March 2017... 15kg=£14 or 20kg=£20 (one way)
Stansted to Girona, May 2017... 15kg=£15 or 20kg=£21
Manchester to Dublin, January 2017... 15kg=£13 or 20kg=£17
Edinburgh to Gran Canaria, July 2017... 15kg=£30 or 20kg=£39
Glasgow to Stansted, February 2017... 15kg=£15 or 20kg=£20
Birmingham to Bratislava, August 2017... 15kg=£20 or 20kg=£26

As I say, not sure what the full theory is behind these... but certainly not what we were led to believe only a few months ago where there was going to be just six different fees.

scodaman
13th Sep 2016, 12:21
Ryanair cutting routes from Derry LDY.

Ryanair to takeoff Faro and Stansted routes from City of Derry Airport next April - Derry Journal (http://www.derryjournal.com/news/ryanair-to-takeoff-faro-and-stansted-routes-from-city-of-derry-airport-next-april-1-7574968)

inOban
13th Sep 2016, 12:21
I thought that MOL's business model involved all their aircrew being nominally employed in Dublin, and paying low Irish social taxes. After Brexit (and I'm not in favour for other reasons) it might be easier for the UK to make UK-based staff to pay UK taxes, as his competitors must do.

Remember also, the profitability of a route doesn't only depend on how full it is. It also depends on the average fare. 180 pax paying £9.99 and buying no extras does not work.

toledoashley
13th Sep 2016, 13:32
MOL talks a good game and we have seen backtracking before - e.g charges in both Stansted and Dublin - both increasing and decreasing capacity a couple of times, allocated seating etc.
I believe they still have ambitions of being the UK's largest airline, just to get one over on EZY - but they have a large network in Europe to fall back on, which Jet2 doesn't - so who can blame them for giving FR a run for their money.

LGS6753
13th Sep 2016, 15:28
MOL has been mouthing off against Brexit, but at the same time announcing significant increases in ex-UK routes.
So far, announcements about Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool. Even Luton has a new route.
Perhaps he's realizing that the Cameron/Osborne scare tactics were just that.

Lon12
13th Sep 2016, 17:26
Tomorrow MOL will be in Barcelona.

New routes?

FRatSTN
13th Sep 2016, 18:24
Most likely. I've noticed some of the new routes announced from the UK to Girona (notably Glasgow-PIK and Edinburgh, possibly one or two others?) have still not appeared on the Ryanair website... so guessing something that may involve Girona too?

LandingConfig
13th Sep 2016, 18:57
It will, a lot like GLA and PIK were announced as Glasgow Summer 2017. Barcelona will consist of BCN, REU and GRO.

UPS@EMA
16th Sep 2016, 10:24
looks like no new routes for EMA next summer. Disappointed at that. The airport seems to have resigned itself to losing out all round to MAN, BHX and LBA.

MAG seem to be ignoring the airport as a passenger option and pushing the freight operations.

marko1
16th Sep 2016, 12:03
looks like no new routes for EMA next summer. Disappointed at that. The airport seems to have resigned itself to losing out all round to MAN, BHX and LBA.

MAG seem to be ignoring the airport as a passenger option and pushing the freight operations.

Same here at Bristol. After watching all the press releases for other uk airports I was eagerly awaiting the press release for Brs with some new routes etc particularly after increasing winter services by 20%. Let's hope there be something later on

NorthEasterner
16th Sep 2016, 12:11
Ryanair has added twice weekly Madrid. Departures on Mondays and Fridays. Alongside with 3 new routes added a few months ago, Faro, Mallorca and Girona.

"Ryanair today further extended its Newcastle summer 2017 schedule with a new route to Madrid starting in March, in addition to 3 new routes to Faro, Girona and Palma, 5 new summer services to Gdansk, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Warsaw and Wroclaw, and more flights to Alicante, Dublin (double daily) and Malaga, which will deliver over 750,000 customers p.a."

4 new routes: Faro (5 wkly), Girona (2 wkly), Madrid (2 wkly) & Palma (daily)
5 new summer services: Gdansk (2 wkly), Lanzarote (2 wkly), Tenerife (3 wkly), Warsaw (2 wkly) & Wroclaw (2 wkly)

More flights to: Alicante (daily), Dublin (2 daily) & Malaga (5 wkly)
12 routes in total
52 weekly flights
Over 750,000 customers p.a.
560* “on-site” jobs p.a.
Speaking of Madrid, they've also introduced Luxembourg and Verona from MAD as well.

Great news for NCL! :ok:

NorthEasterner
16th Sep 2016, 12:14
Same here at Bristol. After watching all the press releases for other uk airports I was eagerly awaiting the press release for Brs with some new routes etc particularly after increasing winter services by 20%. Let's hope there be something later on

It seems to be expanding Newcastle a lot because we only had one route this time last year.

BRS and EMA have plenty of Ryanair destinations. I'm sure they'll bring out some exciting destinations for you :cool:

NE

sunday8pm
20th Sep 2016, 14:30
No more UK expansion said MOL after the Brexit vote. Well no problem, Jet2 just launched 21 routes from STN. :ok:

ssflyer
20th Sep 2016, 16:36
and
they quickly relaunched BHX flights to Girona after a 4 year gap,in response to Jet2 operating that route from April 17
SSF

eu01
20th Sep 2016, 18:30
Ryanair has accused the Greek government of ignoring its attempts to talk about reducing airport taxes in the low season in return for increased flights. Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer, David O’Brien, told Euronews Greek airport departure taxes are so high that the carrier is going to stop flying altogether to Kos next year and will reduce flights to other islands.
O’Brien said they had pledged to bring an additional five million passengers to Greece if there was a reduction in the taxes /.../
He pointed out that on a ticket price of 43 euros, tax of 40 euros – the amount for Athens airport – made no sense.
As reported by Euronews (http://www.euronews.com/2016/09/20/ryanair-says-greek-government-ignored-attempts-to-negotiate-reduced-airport).

RAT 5
21st Sep 2016, 09:41
O’Brien said they had pledged to bring an additional five million passengers to Greece if there was a reduction in the taxes:
Passengers or seats? What happens if they fall short and Greece gets less pax tax? Does RYR make up the short-fall? Bold promises indeed.

AirGuru
21st Sep 2016, 09:57
New route : CWL-FAO (2x weekly) - From end of March 2017 for Summer 2017

daz211
21st Sep 2016, 10:12
Also ... ABZ-FAO

toon22
21st Sep 2016, 11:27
... and NQY FAO too.

Daza
21st Sep 2016, 12:09
...and BHX-OPO :)

RAT 5
21st Sep 2016, 12:28
Prune: RYR's new marketing dept.;)

AerRyan
21st Sep 2016, 15:00
God, yet its perfectly fine to state the routes of any other airline or an airport?

Anyway, interesting to see all this UK expansion. Especially after the fact that MOL made it seem he'd have no UK expansion.

Seljuk22
21st Sep 2016, 17:26
new routes from LIS: BLQ 3 weekly, GLA 2 weekly, LUX 4 weekly, TLS daily, WRO 2 weekly
new routes from FAO: ABZ 2 weekly, CWL 2 weekly, HAM 3 weekly, LTN 5 weekly, MRS 2 weekly, NCL 5 weekly, NQY 2 weekly, WAW 2 weekly
new routes from SKG: HAM 3 weekly, DTM 2 weekly, GOT 2 weekly, CPH 2 weekly
new routes from Pescara to CPH and KRK (each 2 weekly)

3rd aircraft for BFS and 2nd for SKG

Airports in Portugal and Spain might get additional based aircrafts next summer as FR said no additional aircrafts will be based in the UK in the future due to Brexit ... although afaik BFS is located in the UK ...

Callum Paterson
21st Sep 2016, 18:13
If the UK is not getting additional aircraft what UK airport is losing an aircraft? As GLA is gaining another based aircraft from March.

FRatSTN
21st Sep 2016, 18:22
STN probably, but with more flying in from Europe.

aligee
29th Sep 2016, 23:50
I knew that Ryanair were close to the bit on extra costs but even I'm gobsmacked that on the Gla-Sofia route in June,a 20kg bag costs 21 quid outbound and 24 quid inbound.considering that Bulgarian fuel is even cheaper than in the Uk what whizzwheel kid came up with this one.perhaps Ryanair are now hedging their bets thet the winds on that day are going to be a 3quid stronger westerly.If the company would care to explain the discrepancy here it might help customer relations and save me 4 quid in telephone costs to get an answer. Ps I am not a Ryanair hater just a cost conscious potential customer.😎

alm1
30th Sep 2016, 06:21
aligee - The flight west takes more time due to prevailing winds and just happens to fall into more expensive bracket in the pricelist that is differentiated by schedulled flight time.

Lon12
30th Sep 2016, 08:52
Summer'17 launched at CPH airport

New... Valencia Zadar Pescara & Thessaloniki

https://t.co/Qe9ckZsnbQ

j636
4th Oct 2016, 21:44
Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (4 Oct) announced that it is to launch a major recruitment drive as it plans to take delivery of 50 new aircraft in the next 12 months.

Ryanair announced that it will be hiring 2,000 new cabin crew, 1,000 pilots and 250 aircraft engineers, as well as promoting over 300 First Officers on its command upgrade programme across its 84-base European network.

A range of new positions will also be created in IT, Sales & Marketing, Digital Experience, Finance and Commercial at Ryanair’s Dublin office, and also at its Travel Labs Poland subsidiary in Wroclaw.

- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/161004-over-3-500-new-jobs-to-be-created-in-2017-as-new-aircraft-deliveries-boost-fleet-number/?market=en#sthash.jIBiHLkt.dpuf)

50 aircraft in a year is rather impressive!

racedo
5th Oct 2016, 09:38
50 aircraft in a year is rather impressive!

Working out a conservative, 1 aircraft = 1000 passengers a day taking account of down time in Winter etc. Assumming that 20% are fleet replacements then Ryanair potentially in addition to existing organic growth is going to add a lot of new routes next year.

Vokes55
5th Oct 2016, 11:15
Shame they won't have any crew left to fly them... :rolleyes:

Tech Guy
5th Oct 2016, 11:36
Does anyone know which Ryanair flights feature the rather generous legroom as depicted on their latest TV advert? :)

TDfYNINooPY

RAT 5
5th Oct 2016, 14:24
No doubt a private charter on B-700. Seems like a bunch of folks going on a ski holiday, by the clothing. Doubt you could get such a seat for €19.99. So is it really so simple?

lfc84
5th Oct 2016, 14:35
complain to the ASA if it bothers you

Buster the Bear
5th Oct 2016, 20:57
Is that 50 extra airframes net after older aircraft leave the fleet?

racedo
5th Oct 2016, 21:40
Is that 50 extra airframes net after older aircraft leave the fleet?

Not sure but even were it gross figure it is likely that they would keep aircraft at a high level for Summer season.

Working on my earlier 1000 an aircraft a day that is one hell of a lot of bums on seats.

AndrewH52
6th Oct 2016, 19:00
The financial statements for 2015-16 has a table of planned deliveries. It does show 50 planned deliveries for the financial year but 29 aircraft returned or disposed of - i.e a net increase of 21 aircraft.

AvGeek1
11th Oct 2016, 21:20
Purely out of speculation before people start to complain, can any think of any routes that Ryanair could potentially operate from each of their London bases. All of there London bases are very different so the routes from each will differ. I can think of a couple of the start of my head:

Stansted-Amsterdam

Stansted/Luton - Stuttgart

Stansted/Luton/Gatwick - Brussels/Charleroi

johnnychips
11th Oct 2016, 21:27
Ryanair used to do STN-CRL, but I expect it did not compete with Eurostar with the messing about at both ends to get from and to the centres of London and Brussels.

_aax1
11th Oct 2016, 21:33
Luton - Krakow is a huge possibility.

Stansted - Charleroi wouldn't work, maybe Brussels.

Stuttgart already served by Germanwings and Amsterdam is very expensive for Ryanair. Can't see much further expansion at AMS, maybe from Shannon however.

FRatSTN
11th Oct 2016, 22:22
Absolutely. Same situation with Paris-Beauvais as well which has never been served as far as I know.

I'm surprised they've never done Menorca from STN, or any other UK airport for that matter. Has always puzzled me why they only do that one from EMA.

Catania and Cagliari seem odd ones to miss out as well. The latter is of course already served from STN by EZY and I think was served by FR from LGW at one time?

Perhaps Venice-Marco Polo could be one as well now they've bizarrely moved just the BRS route over there from Treviso.

Stuttgart does seem a strange one to miss out and was surprised Nantes never lasted, or has since made a come back.

racedo
12th Oct 2016, 19:45
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/161012-ryanair-carries-over-1-million-us-customers-in-summer-2016/?market=en)

This is an interesting one.
1 million US Citizens is impressive but also means that Ryanair are providing themselves a natural hedge against currency movements by accepting payments in US $.

Noxegon
13th Oct 2016, 05:43
It's all the more impressive with US citizens have to queue up for a "visa check" before every flight – but then I guess Americans are used to dealing with long queues at airports :)

racedo
13th Oct 2016, 09:12
It's all the more impressive with US citizens have to queue up for a "visa check" before every flight – but then I guess Americans are used to dealing with long queues at airports http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

What does confuse them is having Airport security be polite to them as TSA seems not to know about that.

canberra97
13th Oct 2016, 13:18
Noxegon

Remember that Americans or US citizens as I prefer to call them stand in a line not a que!

The term American annoys me as that term could also be used for Canadians and Mexicans as they are also in affect American meaning America as in North America is a continent not a country and it is the USA as in the United States of America rather than America the same could be said about Africa when the people are referred to simply as Africans rather than the country they come from.

The media, press and the citizens of 'America' are to blame for this and they hold a USA passport not an American passport.

AerRyan
13th Oct 2016, 16:32
Well that was a really meaningless post.

Noxegon
13th Oct 2016, 17:57
Remember that Americans or US citizens as I prefer to call them stand in a line not a que!

If you're going to be pedantic, I'd have thought the only "Americans" with a "que" would be Mexican. Just a thought.

compton3bravo
13th Oct 2016, 17:58
Personally I would not call them Americans or US citizens rather pains in the a**e!

vkid
19th Oct 2016, 21:33
Might not mean a lot to people on here, but a really great gesture by Ryanair in this instance.
Sometimes its the little touches and the flight numbers really stuck a chord with many tonight. (http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/munster-rugby/ultimate-tribute-to-anthony-foley-as-his-hearse-stops-outside-thomond-park-35144941.html)

http://clareherald.com/2016/10/body-of-rugby-hero-foley-flown-home-19738/

Farewell, farewell!

Trav a la
19th Oct 2016, 22:49
From 1st November Ryanair are reducing the the time you can book in for free from 7 days to 4.
It's probably a scheme to force more people to use their app, which is simple enough once you have it.

racedo
19th Oct 2016, 23:47
Might not mean a lot to people on here, but a really great gesture by Ryanair in this instance.
Sometimes its the little touches and the flight numbers really stuck a chord with many tonight. (http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/munster-rugby/ultimate-tribute-to-anthony-foley-as-his-hearse-stops-outside-thomond-park-35144941.html)

http://clareherald.com/2016/10/body-...wn-home-19738/ (http://clareherald.com/2016/10/body-of-rugby-hero-foley-flown-home-19738/)

Farewell, farewell!

Kind gesture MO'L :D

j636
25th Oct 2016, 15:53
FR to force you create My Ryanair account by doing it automatically once you enter an email address before paying for flights. Starts 1 November (Irish site) while the rest will follow.

AerRyan
25th Oct 2016, 15:56
I've a flight on the 1st and I checked in normally.

NickBarnes
28th Oct 2016, 09:56
Anybody know why the ryanair app is showing NWI as a destination. Must be an error

AirportPlanner1
28th Oct 2016, 10:28
Must it? If they can make NQY work it wouldn't be so ridiculous if NWI saw a couple of flights per week to Alicante, or a weekly flight to Tenerife etc.

NickBarnes
28th Oct 2016, 10:36
Must it? If they can make NQY work it wouldn't be so ridiculous if NWI saw a couple of flights per week to Alicante, or a weekly flight to Tenerife etc.

I would just think with stansted 1hr 40 mins away from Norwich itself that it must be an error, as I agree with you Newquay works but is this because it's far from any large airports. Exeter the closest

HH6702
28th Oct 2016, 11:03
NWI is in the app as they did a charter to ncl the other week

NickBarnes
28th Oct 2016, 11:18
NWI is in the app as they did a charter to ncl the other week

Ah yes for football, must say never thought I'd ever see NWI on it

racedo
28th Oct 2016, 12:27
Ah yes for football, must say never thought I'd ever see NWI on it

They clearly using the the 738-700 as they said they would.

james170969
29th Oct 2016, 19:38
I've just booked a flight for February next year for a friend of mine who has just got married. Her passport is still in her maiden name but expires next month and she plans to use her married name on her new passport. Unfortunately I have booked the flight in her maiden name. Can somebody tell me please, can I change the booking or would I have to make a new booking?

AerRyan
29th Oct 2016, 19:39
24 hour grace period for minor errors on booking, otherwise email them and explain the situation, you never know.

If that fails, you have 2 options, rebook, or pay the name change fee. Whichever is cheaper.

james170969
29th Oct 2016, 19:58
Thanks AerRyan! I sent them a message on the live chat which is probably closed but hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow. I was on the phone to my friend just a couple of minutes before I made the booking and she was telling me that she plans to change her name on her passport next month. I can't bloody believe I booked he flight under her maiden name!!

james170969
29th Oct 2016, 20:28
I managed to go into the booking and tried to change the name. I can't believe they want £110 what a flaming rip off!! The return flight coast about £97 I'd be cheaper buying a new ticket!!

DublinPole
29th Oct 2016, 21:42
Name changes are £110 or free within 24 hours if they are not major.

Name corrections, minor spelling mistakes etc, are always free of charge.

This charge is necessary to stop touts buying tickets up at low prices and selling them on.

RAT 5
29th Oct 2016, 23:45
Do as many continentals do, even celebs, and keep your maiden name after marriage. Why do you have to change?

james170969
30th Oct 2016, 08:26
RAT 5 That's exactly what I would do but my friend is determined to change hers. Her passport doesn't expire until May next year and she has it in her head that in order to travel abroad you have to have at least six months left in your passport!! Hence the reason she plans to renew her passport next month, six months early!

Jamesair
30th Oct 2016, 22:46
A lot of countries, operators, cruise lines etc do insist on 6 months being left on your passport.

RAT 5
31st Oct 2016, 08:38
Surely the decision/policy on this issue should be decided by the immigration department. Is it legal for a transport company to impose such a restriction? On what grounds? Surely it is your responsibility to arrive for the return trip with a valid passport to enter the country of destination. It must be valid for first departure. Your on a long weekend trip, returning in 4 days on a passport with still 4 months valid, and they refuse you travel. Has anyone tested the legality of this? Does one company do it because the others do? If you travel by car/train the responsibility is all yours.
James: if the trip is within Schengen then the passport is only necessary for an ID at check-in. There is no immigration issue. Is a photo driving licence an acceptable photo ID? It is where I live.

davidjohnson6
31st Oct 2016, 08:45
At the risk of going off topic, but in the hope of putting this question to bed so we return to discussing Ryanair instead...

If you are travelling on an EU passport to an EU member state, you can use a passport which expires the following day and freedom of movement rules prohibit immigration refusing you entry to the country on arrival. (Yes there are a few exceptions but they either cover countries declaring a state of emergency or people who have fallen seriously foul of the law). There have been quite a few cases in recent years of airline checkin staff deciding that this is not allowed for some reason and refusing boarding - mainly because of an airline being potentially liable for a large fine for bringing passengers to a country without verifying they have appropriate passport/visa. Checkin / gate staff know if they let people through without valid paperwork, said checkin or gate person will be in trouble later so they sometimes are over cautious.

The usual conclusion is airline initially claiming they acted correctly followed by newspaper getting involved and airline then apologising and paying EU261 compensation. Consider that the fine for one illegal immigrant is about 40 times the cost of EU261 compensation and then think what you would do as newly hired checkin staff if you weren't sure and your boss wasn't around or able to advise.

racedo
31st Oct 2016, 11:35
Posted before about being on a flight from Madrid 16-17 years ago with couple of British early 20's students, they had been part of a Yacht crew that had left south coast and because weather/wind had been good they handed ended up in Northern Spain.

Weather turned meant they would have been stuck for least a week there so after being let into Spain they made their way to Madrid for a flight leaving skipper with the boat.

Their parents had booked the flight with airline "Go".

Airline called UK immigration who asked to speak to the teens, after handing phone back to checkin UK Immigration just said, "yup sound like they are our just send them on back and we sort at Stansted".

Youngsters a bit surprised but airline staff said happens all the time, in this case their parents had to bring passports to Stansted but lost / stolen passports is such a frequent occurence that airlines have process for this.

Seljuk22
1st Nov 2016, 13:13
Tomorrow press conference Ryanair with Fraport
Ryanair to start flying from Frankfurt - source - UK Money News - London South East (http://www.lse.co.uk/ukMoneyNews.asp?code=wfrp28so&headline=Ryanair_to_start_flying_from_Frankfurt__source)

racedo
1st Nov 2016, 13:25
Tomorrow press conference Ryanair with Fraport
Ryanair to start flying from Frankfurt - source - UK Money News - London South East (http://www.lse.co.uk/ukMoneyNews.asp?code=wfrp28so&headline=Ryanair_to_start_flying_from_Frankfurt__source)

What was the old charge ..................... Ryanair never fly from real aiports just airports in back of beyond locations.

RAT 5
1st Nov 2016, 14:11
HHN must be seething. Was it not the case 10 years ago they they were expected to go up to 20 a/c? Did they not in fact shrink to single figures. Now this; or is it considered a LTN v STN, CRL v BRL, BCN v GRO combination of routes?

EK77WNCL
1st Nov 2016, 16:08
It'll be interesting to see what FR come up with at FRA, fingers crossed it works out for them. I'd love to see NCL-FRA, but I'd worry that it would then preclude any chance of any LH offering, be it on LH metal or codeshare with someone like bmi regional.

Would they ever set up a Lufthansa codeshare? It would be interesting to see if moves like this from Ryanair could signal a new wave of cooperation between LCC's and legacy carriers

I wonder if easyjet will ever break into Frankfurt after this?

rpmac
1st Nov 2016, 17:04
LH is unlikely to use LBA due to their large presence at MAN so a great opportunity for FR to get into the German market with a LBA-FRA which has been wanted for years so will see what happens in the announcement. It could appeal to business users from Teesside to south Yorkshire if the frequency can be 3/4 weekly.

boyzinblue
1st Nov 2016, 20:26
2 aircraft to be based in FRA with first routes to Palma and Alicante. FR have been promised a 35 minute turnaround.

1sky
1st Nov 2016, 20:43
A lot of countries, operators, cruise lines etc do insist on 6 months being left on your passport.

For a cruise itinerary that remains inside the EU, some major cruise lines ask European passengers to have passports valid for only the duration of the cruise...

Jamie2k9
1st Nov 2016, 21:36
There will be 4 routes to Spain/Portugal each flying daily. As for turnaround 35 minutes is not happening for most part.

1sky
1st Nov 2016, 21:56
There will be 4 routes to Spain/Portugal each flying daily. As for turnaround 35 minutes is not happening for most part.

Turnaround times won't be any different to AMS, BCN, MAD, etc.

Jamie2k9
1st Nov 2016, 21:58
Turnaround times won't be any different to AMS, BCN, MAD, etc.

Longer over an hour at times, subject to change of course.

Such turnarounds are not un heard of.

1sky
1st Nov 2016, 22:04
Longer over an hour at times, subject to change of course.

Are you talking blocks on/blocks off or including taxi times?

Jamie2k9
1st Nov 2016, 22:12
Are you talking blocks on/blocks off or including taxi times?

Flight times are stand to stand, so outside of that there will be a lot of down time. I am going to assume it's night arrival slots in FRA which are the cause of such gaps combined with curfew. It also means there is recovery in schedules so not to miss curfew.

1sky
1st Nov 2016, 22:18
Flight times are stand to stand, so outside of that there will be a lot of down time. I am going to assume it's night arrival slots in FRA which are the cause of such gaps combined with curfew.

If it is only 4 routes to Spain/Portugal each flying daily, it is unlikely to be with based aircraft ... or have you heard something else?

Jamie2k9
1st Nov 2016, 22:19
2 based.....2 routes each daily.

1sky
1st Nov 2016, 22:26
2 based aircraft to fly routes to the sun (which would be cheaper to operate with aircraft based in Spain/Portugal) seems a bit odd, but I guess we will find out in a few hours.

EI-A330-300
2nd Nov 2016, 14:13
2 based operating FAO/ALC/AGP/PMI from end of March 2017 and as above some long turnarounds.

racedo
2nd Nov 2016, 14:17
Frankfurt to Alicante / Malaga / Mallorca in Spain and to Faro in Portugal bookable of website.

Sensible getting in sun routes first to iron out issues before city parings.

Seljuk22
2nd Nov 2016, 17:45
Those routes don't hurt LH so much and for FRA it's a good option once AB will pull out and if issues with X3 should continue.

racedo
2nd Nov 2016, 19:31
Those routes don't hurt LH so much and for FRA it's a good option once AB will pull out and if issues with X3 should continue.

These are the test routes, iron out all the issues on routes where time is not really that key.......... getting towel on sun lounger at 1pm or 2pm really not important (stereotype much), then when know all that introduce some more key routes to Rome / Madrid / Lisbon etc

sunday8pm
3rd Nov 2016, 09:22
Isn't NWI simply too near STN? It is quicker to get to STN by road from almost all of Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, so that only leaves Norfolk and Norwich for NWI - and since the A11 was finished STN isn't too bad from a lot of Norfolk either.

j636
3rd Nov 2016, 12:34
FR returning to Vitoria in 2017 starting TFS/BGY. Last operated routes in 2007.

racedo
7th Nov 2016, 13:30
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/161107-ryanair-h1-profits-rise-7-to-1-168m-on-10-lower-fares/?market=en)

Buoyant set of results.

Number of big discounted seat sales recently suggest to me that demand is soft and likely to continue, particularly from the UK.

The new aircraft appearing can only mean more and more new routes to be opened up.

inOban
7th Nov 2016, 13:35
Except that they have severely cut back their UK predictions. Most of the growth could be accommodated in the new, slightly larger a/c.

SWBKCB
7th Nov 2016, 13:41
MOL on Radio 4 this morning said they had planned 12% growth for the UK next year but now expect it to be 5% due to Brexit uncertainties, falling pound etc and had now switch this growth to Germany and Italy

racedo
7th Nov 2016, 13:49
Except that they have severely cut back their UK predictions. Most of the growth could be accommodated in the new, slightly larger a/c.

Mentioned only that demand is soft from UK, which is what all operators are saying.

Growth next year will be across the other 32 Countrys they fly from.

SWBKCB
7th Nov 2016, 14:15
However, the UK's vote to leave the EU meant that Ryanair had reduced its planned UK growth in 2017 from 12% to about 5%.

Ryanair raises passenger growth forecast despite Brexit - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37893846)

heidelberg
8th Nov 2016, 07:18
Last Sunday night PAX arriving on Ryanair Copenhagen flight had a 50 minute delay in Dublin's baggage retrieval area before they arrived.
At 9.30pm on a Sunday night it should be possible to provide a speedier baggage retrieval service.
Also, despite my daughter and Wife sitting in row 3 their cabin bags taken off them at Copenhagen gate!

EI-A330-300
8th Nov 2016, 16:34
A Great Job Advertisement!

https://careers.ryanair.com/search/#job/5b532

racedo
8th Nov 2016, 17:19
Also, despite my daughter and Wife sitting in row 3 their cabin bags taken off them at Copenhagen gate!

Didn't realise that your seat number determines whether you get to keep bag on not........
Don't believe they paid for it and were asked to do it.

I have been asked on occasions to do it but explaining that have 2 laptops and camera equipment (genuinely) the ground staff said ok we understand and left it at that.

1sky
8th Nov 2016, 18:14
Anyone know what happened to the compulsory advanced seat reservation for kids?

racedo
8th Nov 2016, 18:24
Anyone know what happened to the compulsory advanced seat reservation for kids?

Was working last week.

1sky
8th Nov 2016, 18:57
Was working last week.

Ah yes, I saw it now.

Advertising a €9.99 fare is now not exactly honest if you happen to be travelling with a child. :ugh:

I have done dozens of Ryanair flights with family and never been assigned a seat apart at online checkin. Always got some combination of ABC-D or C-DEF without paying anything additional.

Now under the new system, if all of us want to sit close together, it's a minimum of an extra GBP 16 per return (2 adult seat reservation per direction). Over 25 returns a year, that's GBP 400 for Ryanair. If you happen to make a very late booking when all the standard seats are gone, even your children will be paying.

racedo
8th Nov 2016, 20:24
Ah yes, I saw it now.

Advertising a €9.99 fare is now not exactly honest if you happen to be travelling with a child. :ugh:

On what basis ?
Years ago when they had V cheap fares but kids paid £10 just booked kids as adults.
Never had an issue with that, notice nothing in the T&Cs regarding it. Can't book an adult as a child, understandably, nothing to stop booking child as an adult.

I have done dozens of Ryanair flights with family and never been assigned a seat apart at online checkin. Always got some combination of ABC-D or C-DEF without paying anything additional.

Still can book as adults.............. if not sitting together then it is at your risk.

Now under the new system, if all of us want to sit close together, it's a minimum of an extra GBP 16 per return (2 adult seat reservation per direction). Over 25 returns a year, that's GBP 400 for Ryanair. If you happen to make a very late booking when all the standard seats are gone, even your children will be paying.

Free to take your chances at checkin. So should Ryanair hold standard seats just in case someone makes a late booking for a family ?

1sky
8th Nov 2016, 20:36
Still can book as adults.............. if not sitting together then it is at your risk.

No, the answer from the chat team is children they must be booked as a child or could be denied boarding. This is also suggestion in paragraph 6.2 of the T&Cs.

Free to take your chances at checkin. So should Ryanair hold standard seats just in case someone makes a late booking for a family ?

No, but if someone is forced into a supposedly free seat reservation (for the child), available seats should be given at the same conditions if standard ones are not available.

racedo
8th Nov 2016, 22:29
No, the answer from the chat team is children they must be booked as a child or could be denied boarding. This is also suggestion in paragraph 6.2 of the T&Cs.

Gate check is have you a valid ticket.
If so you can board.
Unless you being difficult or obnoxious there is no reason for them to deny boarding, if being difficult then it would be for other reasons.
Doubtful most gate crew would know or care of that section.

Have never heard of a single case of someone being denied boarding because they had booked an adult fare for a child.
Bearing in mind how long I have been on here and time spent on FR thread it would have come up.
Especially when Ryanair were in media every week plus the number of long departed posters who confused Fact and Fiction would have jumped at it.

No, but if someone is forced into a supposedly free seat reservation (for the child), available seats should be given at the same conditions if standard ones are not available.

Yeah, agree on this as not an unreasonable point.
Email them or write to the customer care team, may not be a huge issue but they may require you to split so if 2 seats avail in Standard you have 2 there and 2 in non standard.
It may not be a huge issue for them to do just a software update.

FA10
9th Nov 2016, 09:19
A Great Job Advertisement!

https://careers.ryanair.com/search/#job/5b532
the AD might be the last fun in the applicant´s remaining life... :)
great idea to promote it that way!

davidjohnson6
11th Nov 2016, 16:27
Can someone please explain to me the main benefit to consumers of having a MyRyanair account ? I understand that Dublin wants to force everyone to sign up before they can buy a FR flight, but as far as I can tell the only benefits of a MyRyanair account are
1 - It makes it harder for screenscrapers and other 3rd parties to sell flights without FR's consent
2 - It makes it easier for FR to send targetted marketing blurb and other advertising to customers

Comments ?

AerRyan
11th Nov 2016, 16:48
Data collection and market research are also big ones, see what destinations people go to, etc. Prevent third parties selling flights (Personally I'd never purchase from a third party unless they're bonded)

Annoying for the consumer, but great for Ryanair.

billyg
15th Nov 2016, 13:18
Article in today's Herald , can't post the link , suggesting services a PIK will be "unsustainable" post brexit !

HeartyMeatballs
15th Nov 2016, 13:37
More brexcuses and plays into the 'blame the English' rhetoric to completely deflect from the point that if they did shut PIK it would be because they can make more money at GLA. Nothing more, nothing less. Easier to blame someone else.

Funny how easyJet are growing 9% next year, half of which is in the UK.

Charlie Roy
15th Nov 2016, 14:45
Can someone please explain to me the main benefit to consumers of having a MyRyanair account ?

I find it hugely beneficial.
I don't need to fill in any of my details or those of my partner anymore during booking or check-in. Neither my credit card details, nor my passport details.

sprite1
15th Nov 2016, 23:04
Are people actually that OK with uploading their credit card details and passport numbers to an online server belonging to a very public company? Ryanair would be an attractive target for Cyber criminals.

With a supposed 200million pax count in a couple of years, that's what, 40 million individual passenger profiles? (Assuming repeat travellers)

I think it's mad to be storing all that kind of info on a server you know nothing about. Remember TKMaxx a few years ago? Their Irish arm was breached and all credit card details etc obtained. Tesco bank was breached just a few weeks ago and peoples current accounts frozen while Tesco worked out what happened. Ashley Madison this year, to name just a few.

This is absolutely for Ryanair's benefit only. Expect no assistance from them if and when they're breached.

flyingtincan
16th Nov 2016, 16:05
Agree with Charlie Roy - very useful

BUT you only have to up-load what you want.
No bank or passport upload info if you don't want to
You decide.

sprite1
16th Nov 2016, 19:16
Fair enough, so.

I'm one of those people that'll never fly on them so I guess I'm biased when it comes to O'Leary and what Ryanair do.

The idea of having to set up an account with them just to fly with them would definitely put me off flying with them if I wasn't already put off!

It's nothing more than a mass data cultivation project for their own benefit sold as an enhancement of the overall experience for the passenger.

Also, choosing to not store your passport and CC details kind of negates the potential booking/time efficiency of your account.

Anyway, the joys of being able to have a choice!

racedo
16th Nov 2016, 21:06
Fair enough, so.

I'm one of those people that'll never fly on them so I guess I'm biased when it comes to O'Leary and what Ryanair do.

The idea of having to set up an account with them just to fly with them would definitely put me off flying with them if I wasn't already put off!

It's nothing more than a mass data cultivation project for their own benefit sold as an enhancement of the overall experience for the passenger.

Also, choosing to not store your passport and CC details kind of negates the potential booking/time efficiency of your account.

Anyway, the joys of being able to have a choice!

So you are complaining about a airline you refuse to fly and an account you will never open...................... Bet you walk in Dogcrap deliberately so you can be offended.

AerRyan
16th Nov 2016, 21:07
Ryanair prefer better than a lot of airlines I've flown with, at this stage they would be my airline of choice for most routes.

Noxegon
17th Nov 2016, 06:36
Ryanair prefer better than a lot of airlines I've flown with, at this stage they would be my airline of choice for most routes.
Completely agree with this. Ryanair has gotten much better of late, to the point that I'd generally choose them over EI.

sprite1
17th Nov 2016, 08:18
@ racedo:-

Damn right. If I can convince some potential passengers currently in two minds about setting up an account not to, I'll be happy. Of those that choose to open one, how many give a second thought to their online security? Drawing attention to the possibilities of their details being stolen is a legitimate point.

Also, you're not implying this thread is some private love-in for Ryanairphiles??

ayroplain
17th Nov 2016, 09:37
Are people actually that OK with uploading their credit card details and passport numbers to an online server belonging to a very public company? ..........I think it's mad to be storing all that kind of info on a server you know nothing about...It's nothing more than a mass data cultivation project for their own benefit sold as an enhancement of the overall experience for the passenger. .
Millions of passengers around the world chose to store their data on airline websites (including those of BA/Aer Lingus) and know nothing about the servers they are stored on. Millions more people use the likes of Amazon, Netflix. All of these airlines and organisations use this "mass data cultivation" in the same way as you suggest Ryanair will do. Fair enough if you feel you can't do that yourself. I assume you don't do online banking either where any breach would be much more costly than the loss of one credit card.

Ryanair offer the use of PayPal as well where no card details are held. I think your own personal dislike of Ryanair (nothing wrong with that if that's how you feel) has clouded your judgement on this occasion.

Lon12
17th Nov 2016, 10:32
What's wrong with Ryanair & Italy?

Where are those 44 new routes?

http://www.digitallook.com/news/news-and-announcements/ryanair-to-invest-1bn-in-44-new-routes-after-italy-reverses-tax-hike--1670964.html

And for example what about all routes that FR proposed from Pescara?

http://m.ilcentro.gelocal.it/regione/2016/08/05/news/ryanair-propone-sette-nuove-rotte-dall-abruzzo-1.13921358

No news about that....

sprite1
17th Nov 2016, 14:33
Millions of passengers around the world chose to store their data on airline websites (including those of BA/Aer Lingus) and know nothing about the servers they are stored on. Millions more people use the likes of Amazon, Netflix. All of these airlines and organisations use this "mass data cultivation" in the same way as you suggest Ryanair will do. Fair enough if you feel you can't do that yourself. I assume you don't do online banking either where any breach would be much more costly than the loss of one credit card.

Ryanair offer the use of PayPal as well where no card details are held. I think your own personal dislike of Ryanair (nothing wrong with that if that's how you feel) has clouded your judgement on this occasion.

I have online banking. If the bank wanna lose my details, no probs. Not my fault.

Ryanair on the other hand, you might be told their server was breached sometime the following year.

You're right, I hate them. But I hate them as much as some people love them and their low fares. As I said, great to have a choice.

Without a doubt, some people will blindly upload all their details to these kinds of websites because they know no better. If some people have second thoughts after this, good.

All names taken
17th Nov 2016, 15:08
Are people actually that OK with uploading their credit card details and passport numbers to an online server belonging to a very public company? Ryanair would be an attractive target for Cyber criminals.
With a supposed 200million pax count in a couple of years, that's what, 40 million individual passenger profiles? (Assuming repeat travellers)
I think it's mad to be storing all that kind of info on a server you know nothing about. Remember TKMaxx a few years ago? Their Irish arm was breached and all credit card details etc obtained. Tesco bank was breached just a few weeks ago and peoples current accounts frozen while Tesco worked out what happened. Ashley Madison this year, to name just a few.
This is absolutely for Ryanair's benefit only. Expect no assistance from them if and when they're breached.

Bravo Sprite 1. Completely agree with you. Unfortunately way too many people are stupid enough though.
I guess if RYR decide they are doing this - it marks the end of my relationship with them. As they say other airlines are available.

canberra97
17th Nov 2016, 17:30
Sprite 1

After reading your pathetic posts can you please enlighten us as to why YOU HATE RYANAIR

As a BA Executive Club member BA is my first choice but if the fare is cheap for a quick breakaway I have no hesitation in flying Ryanair who incidentally are a much better airline than they were five years ago and I can't understand your point as to not giving your details on their website as Ayroplain points out this is common practice for most online purchases so why the big deal I just don't understand it!

sprite1
17th Nov 2016, 18:52
Sprite 1

After reading your pathetic posts can you please enlighten us as to why YOU HATE RYANAIR

As a BA Executive Club member BA is my first choice but if the fare is cheap for a quick breakaway I have no hesitation in flying Ryanair who incidentally are a much better airline than they were five years ago and I can't understand your point as to not giving your details on their website as Ayroplain points out this is common practice for most online purchases so why the big deal I just don't understand it!

Why do I hate Ryanair? You make it sound like it's something unusual!

I worked there for a number of years. When you see first-hand what goes on behind the scenes to make the fares as 'low' as they are and the planes push on time as often as they 'supposedly' do, it's hard to say, 'Yay!, thank god for MOL and his motley crew of middle managers for bringing in this near one click website.

Do people think in 18-24 months, they won't amend their terms & conditions to say we will now sell your details to third parties? 'Yeah, yeah, who cares', I hear the masses say. And that's if they actually notice! Now you have another layer of companies and their servers looking after your details.
Why don't you give them to me, I'll keep them safe, promise. And sure, it doesn't matter that you've never heard of me, I paid Ryanair good money for your details so he can repay the shareholders 500million in dividends, thanks to you!
Would you have approached these third parties independently beforehand? No, but it's ok to be cold contacted by them? How much money will Ryanair get? Surely, you should get a cut?

These airline data cultivation programs watch your browsing habits, working out how many times you'll browse before finally hitting buy. If you saw me outside your window, taking notes of how many people are in your house, when you're going away, how often and to where, let's just say you won't be inviting me in. So why invite Ryanair and numerous other third party companies salivating at the thought of their next million.

This is one of those never-ending arguments, ladies & gents. People will step over their burning granny, if it means getting to Malaga for £29. I wouldn't but as we agreed above, that's the choice we have with competition.

I'm sure O'Leary would agree.

Personally, I would've suggested retaining a link to purchase without registering/logging in.

j636
30th Nov 2016, 13:20
Second route from AMS will be AGP x4 weekly.

Lon12
30th Nov 2016, 19:43
New base will be announce tomorrow

17 new routes.

Brema
due volte a settimana, il lunedì e venerdì dal 5 maggio 2017

Copenaghen
dal 2 maggio il martedì, giovedì e sabato

Danzica
il lunedì e giovedì dal 30 marzo

East Midlands
il martedì, giovedì e sabato dal 2 maggio

Eindhoven
il lunedì e venerdì dal 7 aprile

Hahn
il martedì e sabato dal 28 marzo

Kaunas
il giovedì e domenica dal 4 maggio

Lisbona
il lunedì, mercoledì e venerdì dal 3 maggio

Madrid
il mercoledì e la domenica dal 5 aprile

Manchester
il martedì, giovedì e sabato dal 4 aprile

Bergamo
dall’1 maggio 2016 tre volte al giorno

Siviglia
dal 3 maggio il mercoledì e la domenica

Skavsta
dal 5 maggio il lunedì e il venerdì

Tolosa
dal 3 maggio il mercoledì e la domenica

Treviso
dal 4 aprile due volte al giorno

Valencia
il 2 maggio ogni martedì e sabato

Varsavia
il 30 marzo il lunedì ed il giovedì

http://www.napolike.it/ryanair-napoli-voli-low-cost-aeroporto-capodichino

Seljuk22
1st Dec 2016, 14:02
16th Italian base at NAP with 3 aircrafts confirmed starting next summer
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/novita/161201-ryanair-lancia-le-tariffe-low-cost-a-napoli-base-n-16/?market=it)

sinbad73
1st Dec 2016, 16:11
Seems FR have joined the package holiday market:

https://holidays.ryanair.com/

Ryanair vows to undercut package holiday market with Ryanair Holidays (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/12/01/ryanair-vows-undercut-package-holiday-market-ryanair-holidays)

AirLCY
1st Dec 2016, 17:35
The Ryanair response to Jet2/holidays entering their main base perhaps!

Sober Lark
5th Dec 2016, 10:21
Total of 8.8 million pax in Nov an increase of 15% on same time last year. Load factor 95% in Nov up from 93% last year. Rolling annual traffic to end Nov 16% higher at 115.5 million pax.

racedo
5th Dec 2016, 19:36
Total of 8.8 million pax in Nov an increase of 15% on same time last year. Load factor 95% in Nov up from 93% last year. Rolling annual traffic to end Nov 16% higher at 115.5 million pax.

There was a time about 18 months ago when wondering when they would hit 100 million, at this rate 150 million is 2 years or so away.

Lon12
15th Dec 2016, 09:05
Expansion at VLC airport

4 planes

13 new routes next summer

Krakow Marseille Marrakech Hamburg Seville Santander Naples Copenhagen Glasgow and 4 summer routes to Warsaw Malta Craiova & Lanzarote.

More frequencies to East Midlands Charleroi Bari Bologna Ciampino Pisa & Treviso.

Bosch2016
16th Dec 2016, 08:51
Hey folks -
Long time lurker, first time poster. Out of curiosity, anyone happen to know a (ballpark) figure of how many 1L bottles of alcohol and 200 packs of cigarettes are typically carried on Ryanair flights for on-board Duty Free? I gather it varies depending on the route? Also, interested to know if the alcohol and cigarettes would typically be carried on-board, even for non-IntraEU flight legs?

Cheers!
B.

FA10
16th Dec 2016, 14:08
Bosch2016, mentioned goods only loaded for extraEU flights. No figures though.

rogera
16th Dec 2016, 16:16
I had my first ever Ryanair flight on Wednesday this week from LPL to DUB and back for the day on EI - FOF which according to flight radar 24 was delivered new in January this year. I must say I was impressed. Clean, modern aircraft, flight was on time both ways, helpful and friendly crew.

racedo
16th Dec 2016, 18:10
Long time lurker, first time poster. Out of curiosity, anyone happen to know a (ballpark) figure of how many 1L bottles of alcohol and 200 packs of cigarettes are typically carried on Ryanair flights for on-board Duty Free? I gather it varies depending on the route? Also, interested to know if the alcohol and cigarettes would typically be carried on-board, even for non-IntraEU flight legs?

Sounds like you intend to buy them out. Boy will you be popular.................not joking either.

You do raise a point as once Brexit occurs everything will be Duty Free from UK.

Bosch2016
17th Dec 2016, 00:26
Thanks for the replies FA10 and racedo - appreciate it.

I guess I'm hoping a Ryanair crew member could shed some light on the approx. numbers of bottles & 200 packs typically carried onboard for the extraEU flights.

The InFlight magazine mentions that in relation to Duty Free, they may not carry a particular item onboard and that the crew can offer alternatives, and so I was curious for example, on a flight from Morocco->London (or indeed London->Paris post-Brexit) how many 1L bottles of Duty Free alcoholic drinks and/or 200 pack of cigarettes they'd typically carry for an extraEU flight?

Might any Ryanair crew be willing/able to give some insight on this?

Thanks folks!
B.

RAT 5
17th Dec 2016, 10:42
If I understand the licensing thing correctly, it is this: any EU based airline can operate between any EU states and within an EU state. Easyjet seems to be having pains with Brexit because it's AOC is UK based. Once Brexit is completed the talk is it will need an EU AOC to operate into or within the EU.
If that is true how will RYR's UK based operations be affected? It operates within UK on internal flights & STN is its biggest base. How will that still be allowed with an EU/IAA AOC? I haven't heard any discussion about its plans.

Millionmileshigh
17th Dec 2016, 10:47
I've wondered this as well, i recall an interview with someone from cityjet (ceo possibly) saying they were concerned they may lose their fifth freedom rights to operate to the continent from LCY, and that they would only be allowed to operate to the UK from Ireland. An exaggeration maybe, but it does raise the question.

The UK and Ireland have always had their own deals outside of the EU though, so maybe a UK company will be allowed to own an airline with an Irish AOC and vice versa?

racedo
17th Dec 2016, 12:51
Ryanair did have a UK AOC when it was operating EA Airlines or some name like that from Luton in late 80's early 90's.

If there is an issue I see Ryanair getting a UK AOC relatively easily.

If UK Govt plays hardball then could see BA being a loser as reckon a few countrys would like to ban their use of Heathrow as a transit airport.

If BA couldn't sell through tickets then they would have to charge APD to everyone.

racedo
17th Dec 2016, 12:56
The InFlight magazine mentions that in relation to Duty Free, they may not carry a particular item onboard and that the crew can offer alternatives, and so I was curious for example, on a flight from Morocco->London (or indeed London->Paris post-Brexit) how many 1L bottles of Duty Free alcoholic drinks and/or 200 pack of cigarettes they'd typically carry for an extraEU flight?

Not sure even crew would be au fait with the details.

Likely Retail Sales operation at Ryanair plan the range that will be available across the network. This done on basis of historical sales plus a look at passengers / events occuring and a view on route.

So a flight to Paris for weekend of 6 nations likely have lots of beer on board where as flight on way to Grannys convention then lots of Gin.............. etc.

pamann
17th Dec 2016, 13:41
Ryanair did have a UK AOC when it was operating EA Airlines or some name like that from Luton in late 80's early 90's.

They also acquired the AOC of Buzz (Air UK) when they purchased them in the 00's. Wonder if they still have it or if it's expired?

davidjohnson6
17th Dec 2016, 13:50
If necessary, how hard would it be for a large EU airline to set up a UK licenced subsidiary ? I'm guessing that if Norwegian can do it, then Ryanair can as well. Even Easyjet managed it in Switzerland when they were a much smaller and less well resourced company.

RAT 5
17th Dec 2016, 14:49
My curiosity is that while easy jet's problem has been discussed, and it was done so in connection wth explanations for its falling share price, all the other airlines, e.g. RYR seem to have escaped such analysis.

Trav a la
17th Dec 2016, 19:03
Ever get the impression that Ryanair feel they are above the law?

Ryanair rejects UK court jurisdiction on passenger compensation (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-rejects-uk-court-jurisdiction-on-passenger-compensation-1.2901632#.WFJOUsusFlE.facebook)

davidjohnson6
17th Dec 2016, 20:55
Refusing to accept the jurisdiction of a court is usually treated by a court as contempt and will also not make the regulators happy. I expect this may be being done with a view to Brexit. I hope Ryanair know what they are doing and that their legal team have a good basis in law for this.

inOban
17th Dec 2016, 21:34
I believe we have legislation which can strike out terms and conditions regarded as unfair.

KelvinD
17th Dec 2016, 21:52
What happens if the passenger wins the case in Liverpool and Ryanair continue to snub the courts? Next time a Ryanair flight lands in Liverpool and the High Court sheriffs remove all the plane's paperwork etc there would be some loud wailing. "Give us our plane back!" "Pay the lady and you can have it".

paully
18th Dec 2016, 09:48
Just O`Leary testing the waters again.He will have taken extensive legal advice beforehand. This is a case going to be heard at a Liverpool County Court but not until April next year. Win or lose one side or the other will pursue it to the Supreme Court( maybe even the European Court) which will take years.At the present time though, his statement re the courts would not constitute contempt, nor will it, until all such legal avenues have been pursued.

By that time, the terms and conditions of Brexit will have been formulated and maybe even implemented. At that point, his lawyers will revisit such cases again in the light of circumstances then prevailing.

Or if you prefer just another O`Leary stalling tactic..:hmm:

RAT 5
18th Dec 2016, 16:30
Back to the AOC question and Brexit. Please correct me if I'm wrong: after UK is no longer an EU state I'm assuming there is no right for an EU based airline to operate from a UK base to EU and internally within UK. If an airline has a/c based within UK, permanently, they would require a UK registered company and an UK AOC. That would bring the UK company under the jurisdiction of the UK CAA and the operation of employment under the jurisdiction of the UK Inland Revenue. Both might cause some rethinking on the part of current RYR policies. Further, how would that affect the a/c used on that AOC? Would they need to be G reg? At the moment RYR had nearly 100 a/c based in UK, but they are forever changing as a/c are rotated through engineering bases from over seas. On an UK AOC would the registration, if not G, need to be declared and fixed. Leasing a/c from EI is no problem, but they might need to declared and fixed in UK.
How does that affect oversight? If the a/c remain EI does IAA have oversight of the a/c and maintenance, but UK CAA have oversight of the operational aspects?
It would seem odd if things can remain as they are; but it has not been mentioned at all. If HRMG IR have an oversight of employment structures for a UK based airline it could open up an interesting can of worms.
If RYR tries to keep the a/c EI reg, but the airline has to have a UK registered company, how will that affect the concept of pax being on EI territory and therefore under EI law, but operating on a UK AOC?
I'm just curious why the issue has been ignored. Nearly 25% of RYR a/c are UK based and therefore so are its crews.

SWBKCB
18th Dec 2016, 16:53
Simple answer is - nobody knows.

If it's a Hard "cut all ties" Brexit it might end up as you describe, but we might also end up with a Soft Brexit where nothing much changes, and any number of mix'n'match options in between.

It will all be part of the negotiations after Article 50 is invoked. The issue hasn't been ignored (plenty of discussion on these forums), but everybody is guessing cos its never happened before. Air transport arrangements won't be at the top of the Governments "to do" list (it'll be behind things like immigration and trade...).

There's an awful lot to be done in two years.

RAT 5
18th Dec 2016, 23:10
The issue hasn't been ignored (plenty of discussion on these forums), but everybody is guessing cos its never happened before.

My comment was motivated after comments in Daily T business section about easyjet future difficulties after the Brexit vote. Their share price crashed after the vote and a contributory factor was mentioned as the difficulty it was going to have with its EU bases on an UK AOC and the uncertainty that created. There is talk that it has identified a solution to that. If the financial commentators, and market makers, were concerned about this effect on easyjet why have they not expressed concern on the mirror problems and uncertainties it should cause to operators e.g. RYR and its UK bases? At the time it was perceived that easyjet would have major problems there was no discussion about hard/soft Brexit, it was simply about the necessity and difficulty in establishing an EU based AOC and uncertainties. If the markets consider that true for one why is it not true for all?

Jamie2k9
18th Dec 2016, 23:16
I don't see major problems for UK based operating in Europe or European operating within the UK. OpenSkies is something which the UK and Europe will keep. Yes Easyjet are more exposed if things go really wrong hence the increased discussion. With FR it's just 3 routes......

I also don't see the court case as Brexit motivated, just cut the middle man out. No different to them not liking third parties selling flights on behalf of them without agreement. The ruling will be interesting!

racedo
18th Dec 2016, 23:55
My curiosity is that while easy jet's problem has been discussed, and it was done so in connection wth explanations for its falling share price, all the other airlines, e.g. RYR seem to have escaped such analysis.

Pure speculation on my part with no indepth knowledge. Maybe the reason the share price dropping and the AOC issues are not in the slightest bit connected but it becomes easier to lump them together to create a smokescreen for something else.

racedo
19th Dec 2016, 00:05
Back to the AOC question and Brexit. Please correct me if I'm wrong: after UK is no longer an EU state I'm assuming there is no right for an EU based airline to operate from a UK base to EU and internally within UK. If an airline has a/c based within UK, permanently, they would require a UK registered company and an UK AOC. That would bring the UK company under the jurisdiction of the UK CAA and the operation of employment under the jurisdiction of the UK Inland Revenue. Both might cause some rethinking on the part of current RYR policies. Further, how would that affect the a/c used on that AOC? Would they need to be G reg? At the moment RYR had nearly 100 a/c based in UK, but they are forever changing as a/c are rotated through engineering bases from over seas. On an UK AOC would the registration, if not G, need to be declared and fixed. Leasing a/c from EI is no problem, but they might need to declared and fixed in UK.
How does that affect oversight? If the a/c remain EI does IAA have oversight of the a/c and maintenance, but UK CAA have oversight of the operational aspects?
It would seem odd if things can remain as they are; but it has not been mentioned at all. If HRMG IR have an oversight of employment structures for a UK based airline it could open up an interesting can of worms.
If RYR tries to keep the a/c EI reg, but the airline has to have a UK registered company, how will that affect the concept of pax being on EI territory and therefore under EI law, but operating on a UK AOC?
I'm just curious why the issue has been ignored. Nearly 25% of RYR a/c are UK based and therefore so are its crews.

Unlikely that it has apart from within airlines.

Issue with AOC and operating aircraft would mean every airline that leases in aircarft anywhere in the world would be required to change the registration each and every time.
Can't see it occuring unless CAA get loads more people.

As for HMRC it is quite probable that the where employees are actually working will have been sorted out well before Brexit. UK Holiday companys really going to love that one as their reps are UK employed.

If a separate Operating company is required then easily done and then parent company charges its own leasing rates.

In short the lawyers will sort it out but no doubt some brexiters in Govt will look to screw anything foreign without realising that BA and LHR is a big target in response.

Charlie Roy
23rd Dec 2016, 12:23
New Ryanair destination: Tel Aviv
Starts end March, daily from Paphos.

1sky
31st Dec 2016, 11:13
Does anyone know what Ryanair SOPs are for deicing?

The temperature was 1-2 °C with some very light snow flurries. The only airline getting aircraft deiced on departure was Ryanair (despite short turnarounds, when other aircraft departing without deicing had had their aircraft on the ground for significantly longer).

:ok:

Gulf Julliet Papa
31st Dec 2016, 11:33
Clean wing. Surely the ones de-icing would be the safer ones, I'd be questioning the airlines that aren't...

racedo
2nd Jan 2017, 22:57
Does anyone know what Ryanair SOPs are for deicing?

The temperature was 1-2 °C with some very light snow flurries. The only airline getting aircraft deiced on departure was Ryanair (despite short turnarounds, when other aircraft departing without deicing had had their aircraft on the ground for significantly longer).

Interesting.

Probably one where call is made by local base ops or where it is not a base by Captain with emphasis on "If in doubt do it............... and then a Pilot doesn't has to justify why not".

Course story in Daily Fail will be Ryanair needlessly polluting water courses and they using cheap anti freeze...................... or Austrian Wine for those old enough to remember.

victorc10
3rd Jan 2017, 07:51
The Commander is responsible for the state of the aircraft, and the de-ice/anti-ice instructions are determined by the manufacturer and its overseeing authority. The authority of registration will also have a say and of course the company may require more stringent policy, but never less.

Skipness One Echo
3rd Jan 2017, 09:38
Ryanir used to and may still have a UK based subsidiary, Ryanair UK which was created to allow STN-PIK to be launched. It was a paperwork exercise in the end as Ryanair launched with their own metal but Plan A was leasing in a GB Airways (?) B732 to launch the service. Of course they also had Ryanair Europe based at Luton, the former London European Airways.

racedo
5th Jan 2017, 16:13
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170104-ryanair-dec-traffic-grows-20-to-9-0m-customers/?market=en)

Year on year grwoth 15% to 117 Million passengers.

Seljuk22
5th Jan 2017, 17:18
20% growth in December is not bad at all

alm1
5th Jan 2017, 17:47
20% growth in December is not bad at all

They started last minute promotions to achieve loads in winter. Like Weeze to Canary Islands for 30 eur return to fly in a few days as seen couple of weeks ago. In the past there were no very cheap fares on very short notice.
Even the main promotion now runs for flights in January instead of March or February as one would expect in the past at this time of the year.

1sky
5th Jan 2017, 18:09
They are now focussed on load factors, even if it means selling last minute seats at lower prices than they would have in the past.

The cheap Canary Islands flights are not unique to Ryanair. There is great overcapacity in flights, but huge under capacity in hotels on the islands. Very hard to sell last minute tickets at any prices when people cannot find a place to stay.

Level bust
9th Jan 2017, 14:51
Can anyone in the know tell me if the Stansted - Vilnius route is operating beyond the end of June, as it does not seem to be bookable beyond then.

davidjohnson6
9th Jan 2017, 14:55
Vilnius is undergoing runway maintenance in July and August; flights are diverting to Kaunas instead

Level bust
9th Jan 2017, 14:58
Are that explains it! Thanks.

alm1
9th Jan 2017, 15:26
In fact Ryanair chose not to divert flights to Kaunas but not to fly Vilnius schedule at all for whole months of July and August. Vilnius will be closed from July 14 to August 18 only and all other airlines decided relocate to Kaunas during that time.

daz211
12th Jan 2017, 11:13
Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (12 Jan) announced a new growth deal with Manchester Airports Group (MAG) which will deliver 9 new London Stansted routes, including a daily service to Naples and a three times daily service to Copenhagen, as well as routes to Beziers, Cagliari, Clermont, Grenoble, Nice, Nimes and Strasbourg, extra flights on 13 existing routes, and over 20m customers p.a., supporting 15,000* jobs at London Stansted Airport. - See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170112-new-london-stansted-growth-deal-delivers-9-new-routes-over-20m-ryanair-customers-p-a/?market=ie#sthash.LBE6uMjD.dpuf)

davidjohnson6
12th Jan 2017, 12:35
Maybe I'm going a bit soft in the head, but this list of new STN routes does not impress - it seems to be largely reopening old routes, moving routes from LTN to STN and wanting to compete with other airlines on existing fat routes.

Could we have just a little bit of the old Ryanair back with routes to airports I didn't know existed please ?

daz211
12th Jan 2017, 13:10
I get where your coming from but a new route new or old or transferred from another airport is still good news
I would have liked to seen TLV or maybe something outside the box live Cape Verde but anything is a bonus and will all add to Stansted passenger growth

Papa_Golf
13th Jan 2017, 16:18
Hi gents

Anyone knows why ryr won't give a release letter/reference directly to those pilots who resigned?

They want my (soon to be) new company to write a request, and only then they will send all the paperwork related to me.

Can they do it? I'm considering a chat with a lawyer.

LTNman
13th Jan 2017, 16:49
Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (12 Jan) announced a new growth deal with Manchester Airports Group (MAG) which will deliver 9 new London Stansted routes

O'Leary said in May:

"Let me put it simply, if Britain isn't a member of the EU these investments, these jobs will be going to other countries."
O'Brien revealed that Ryanair has taken the "prudent" decision to only expand UK capacity by 7% this year,

Just goes to show that the man and the airline talk Sh!t

mik3bravo
13th Jan 2017, 16:55
Hi gents

Anyone knows why ryr won't give a release letter/reference directly to those pilots who resigned?

They want my (soon to be) new company to write a request, and only then they will send all the paperwork related to me.

What's your FR employment contract T&C's saying on ownership of flight crew records?

victorc10
13th Jan 2017, 17:20
References are normally requested to the company, it is not normal to have a letter in hand. This is true for non-aviation jobs and aviation jobs alike. If I was interested in hiring someone and they produced a letter from their previous employer....my first thought would be ...Yea right....and I would then contact the employer directly.

AerRyan
13th Jan 2017, 17:33
Just goes to show that the man and the airline talk Sh!t

Really? After all the things Mol has said, this is what makes you realise that?

RAT 5
13th Jan 2017, 19:20
References are normally requested to the company, it is not normal to have a letter in hand.

If you are a so-called self-employed contractor then your own company can write your reference. Asking a customer to write a review is more like Trip Advisor.

Papa_Golf
14th Jan 2017, 01:32
I was directly employed by Ryanair. My contract says nothing about ownership of flight crew records...

mik3bravo
14th Jan 2017, 09:54
I was directly employed by Ryanair. My contract says nothing about ownership of flight crew records...

Is it their company policy to openly share documented employee procedures document's and if so (assuming they do share) is the topic addressed anywhere in company employee documentation?

If the contract of employment does not proclude it and if there are no company wide employee / employer 'documented and communicated' procedures around this then you potential have a legal argument. Speak to your solicitor. An employer must act with reasonableness and transparency.

commit aviation
14th Jan 2017, 09:55
LTNman
Perhaps Ryanair's post-Brexit sentiment has now been tempered with a dose of reality.
In May there were many things we didn't know: which way the vote would turn out, the effect on £ versus Euro, Marmite-gate!! :-) & probably key here, the launch of a Jet2 base at STN.
Now I am pretty sure that Ryanair are not completely daft. They will know that spare slots at London airports (especially I believe night slots) will be becoming scarce. So what would you do?? Stick to your original rhetoric or make what to them is a sensible commercial decision: try & protect future growth by jumping back in to the growth programme.

I find the decsion to grow at LBA more interesting. Is that a tit for tat expansion because Jet2 are setting up shop in STN? Or has the airport maybe sweetened the deal to encourage them to grow?
Of course, MAG may well have opted to do a similar thing.
Whatever the reason - 8 months is a long time in politics (& business.)
A comment about lack of growth may well have been a throw away line at the time. Post-Brexit however, it may have become a means to start a process to secure better commercial terms at airports in the UK. Maybe these deals are proof that it's working!

Schorschi
25th Jan 2017, 12:12
New route:
LUX-BCN 4/7 (starting winter 17/18)

racedo
25th Jan 2017, 17:04
References are normally requested to the company, it is not normal to have a letter in hand. This is true for non-aviation jobs and aviation jobs alike. If I was interested in hiring someone and they produced a letter from their previous employer....my first thought would be ...Yea right....and I would then contact the employer directly.

Really confused as to what the issue is and in agreement would ignore a reference handed to me.

If you leave an employer your next employer MAY make a request for a reference from a previous employer.

Reality is that as a result of legal claims because an employer said what they wanted to say an employer is under restictions on what they can say.

Many employer references now just indicate

"John / Jane Doe was employed by X Company from April 1st 2010 to December 31st 2015."

That is it because it is FACTUAL.

As for Personnel records on what an employee did during the time at a company they are owned by the company not employee.

racedo
25th Jan 2017, 17:15

By all means enrich the legal profession BUT you have not been refused a reference, all that has been requested is that a New employer officially request a reference.

This is standard practice.

After all if you were the managing Pilot at an airline and someone turned up with references already written from BA / Ryanair / Easyjet would you just accept them ?

If you did without correct verification with previous employers then would suggest you consult with Airlines insurers.
They would probably not be willing to cover you because of lack of due diligence on employee recruitment and SLF would not want to fly with you.
Forget about even bringing in the CAA who would suspend the AOC in the UK.

Too many wannabe pilots who would forge references about.

CCFAIRPORT
26th Jan 2017, 10:54
7 NEW ROUTES FROM MILAN/MALPENSA

Alicante (2pw)
Eindhoven (4pw)
Katowice (2pw)
Lamezia-Terme (2pw)
Liverpool (3pw)
Palermo (2pw)
Valencia (daily)

More frequencies to :

Brussels (2 daily)
London-Stansted (2 daily)

peppo_8787
26th Jan 2017, 15:56
Lamezia and Palermo are actually 2 daily

EI-A330-300
27th Jan 2017, 14:20
Ryanair has suspended the package holiday service it said would help it become the 'Amazon of air travel'.

Ryanair Holidays was launched in Ireland, the UK and Germany on December 1st, with other markets expected to follow in 2017. The service has been temporarily suspended, however, following what the airline says was illegal screen-scraping of its fares by a "software provider".

"Ryanair confirms it has temporarily suspended its Holidays service, and terminated its agreement with the software provider who was found to be unlawfully scraping Ryanair’s low fares," it said in a statement.

Ryanair suspends package holiday service within weeks of launch - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-suspends-package-holiday-service-within-weeks-of-launch-35400872.html)

davidjohnson6
27th Jan 2017, 15:42
The weather in the UK is cold and it's prime season for selling summer package holidays to the Med.
This seems like a pretty drastic response from Ryanair - is there perhaps something more to the story which hasn't been revealed ?

AerRyan
27th Jan 2017, 15:44
It was just linking to another website anyway, no real use.

racedo
28th Jan 2017, 00:36
The weather in the UK is cold and it's prime season for selling summer package holidays to the Med.
This seems like a pretty drastic response from Ryanair - is there perhaps something more to the story which hasn't been revealed ?

Breach on contract is breach of contract........................... when one party behaves like this at what point in time do you take action.

davidjohnson6
28th Jan 2017, 02:35
Yes a breach of contract is a breach. However, when terminating a contract one has to think about how much one loses for other reasons (e.g. not being able to sell summer package holidays in January when demand is high) versus the loss from the breach of contract.
Thus, I'm guessing that there must be something more to the story for Ryanair to want to terminate the contract - the question is therefore what's the information that didn't make it to the press article....?

racedo
28th Jan 2017, 12:03
Both agreed to termination and wished each other well.

Alternate is head to court make Lawyers rich end of story.

It is likely both signed a confidentiality agreement covering this and given the company has not denied or sued about being caught screenscraping then would suggest there is meat in there. More damaging for other company if they went to court and it was proven.

Much the same way that Hertz ended the agreement with Ryanair, neither bitched in Public and Ryanair found a cheaper partner.

EI-A330-300
30th Jan 2017, 16:05
Yes a breach of contract is a breach. However, when terminating a contract one has to think about how much one loses for other reasons (e.g. not being able to sell summer package holidays in January when demand is high) versus the loss from the breach of contract.
Thus, I'm guessing that there must be something more to the story for Ryanair to want to terminate the contract - the question is therefore what's the information that didn't make it to the press article....?

For someone like FR it will likely make no difference, I don't see LF falling because of it.
______

Meanwhile I cannot wait until they put a stop to it, the few times I have flown them its caused nothing but problems.

Ryanair threatens to ban second free bag - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-threatens-to-ban-second-free-bag-35396156.html)

Passengers flying with Ryanair could be prohibited from carrying two free bags on board in future because flyers are trying to pack too much into them.

Chief executive Michael O'Leary has warned the airline is having problems with its current cabin baggage policy.

"We're struggling at the boarding gate because far too many passengers are turning up with half the contents of their homes now instead of one normal-sized bag and one small bag," he said, adding that some passengers are also arriving at boarding gates with three bags.

"If it doesn't stop, we're going to have to change that policy."

AirGuru
30th Jan 2017, 17:35
FR are operating a charter, NWI-CWL on the weekend. A tad strange that ? Must be on that corporate 60 seat B737 they have flying around.

Buster the Bear
30th Jan 2017, 17:44
Norwich City are playing at Cardiff on Saturday.

LAX_LHR
30th Jan 2017, 17:47
They are also running a NWI-MAN-NWI on 6/7 Feb for a football charter.

AirGuru
30th Jan 2017, 18:13
Norwich City are playing at Cardiff on Saturday.

Thanks Buster, i knew the reason behind it but thought it was odd. First i've seen.

SWBKCB
30th Jan 2017, 18:16
Norwich City used the RYR 737-700 for their Newcastle game earlier this season.

NorthEasterner
30th Jan 2017, 18:20
Yet the NWI-NCL-NWI charter remains on the app as a destination from Newcastle, despite being it months ago :confused:

I see the other destinations from Norwich are the other charter flights to MAN and CWL but obviously not for sale.

Lon12
30th Jan 2017, 20:30
I don't know why but new routes for next winter from Malpensa and another new routes like Barcelona-Luxemburg will be on sale in 3-4 weeks.

Tomorrow Ryanair will be in Madrid & Barcelona launching next winter schedule.

Lon12
31st Jan 2017, 10:22
3 new routes from MAD

Prague
Bari
Glasgow

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/novedades/170131-ryanair-preve-un-crecimiento-del-12-en-madrid-con-un-calendario-de-invierno-record/?market=es

Lon12
31st Jan 2017, 14:13
4 new routes from BCN

Krakow
Venice
Luxemburg
Prague

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/novedades/170131-ryanair-preve-un-crecimiento-del-10-en-barcelona-con-un-calendario-de-invierno-record/?market=es#sthash.NVd6afLG.dpuf

Schorschi
1st Feb 2017, 09:04
A huge expansion in Israel. 15 new routes:

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/170201-ryanair-launches-israel-winter-2017-schedule-with-19-routes/?market=ie