PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

Khuitlio
27th Jan 2016, 12:57
Ryanair’s Dublin winter 2016 schedule will deliver:

2 new routes to Hamburg (5 weekly) & Sofia (3)

5 new winter services to Athens (2 weekly), Bologna (2) Murcia (2), Porto (2) & Seville (2)

More flights to Bucharest (5 weekly), Gatwick (8 daily)

- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160127-dublin-winter-2016-schedule/?market=ie#sthash.3dRZAt5U.jFfX8GmY.dpuf)

FRatSTN
27th Jan 2016, 21:31
Looks like Hamburg is set to be a new base looking at the times on a new route to Brussels:

FR2902 dep. HAM 06:50, arr. BRU 08:10
FR2901 dep. BRU 08:35, arr. HAM 09:55

FR2908 dep. HAM 18:50, arr. BRU 20:10
FR2907 dep. BRU 20:35, arr. HAM 21:55

So that would be another base to add in line with EZY.

FRatSTN
27th Jan 2016, 21:42
Looks like Sofia will also be a new base for Winter 2016/17. Both newly announced routes to CRL and DUB are on Sofia based aircraft.

FRatSTN
27th Jan 2016, 21:54
Bucharest also to become a base:

FR2102, dep. OTP 06:45, arr. CRL 08:45
FR2101, dep. CRL 09:10, arr. OTP 12:55

So, looks as if W6 has itself a bit more competition too with SOF and OTP (and TSR already announced).

racedo
28th Jan 2016, 21:10
Bucharest also to become a base:

FR2102, dep. OTP 06:45, arr. CRL 08:45
FR2101, dep. CRL 09:10, arr. OTP 12:55

So, looks as if W6 has itself a bit more competition too with SOF and OTP (and TSR already announced).

Ryanair has held back expansion through lack of aircraft and went for increasing profits instead, a sensible move given the way oil prices went through the roof. Unfortunately it meant a lot of airports lost routes.

Now with lots of new aircraft and low oil prices the expansion restarts.

shamrock7seal
29th Jan 2016, 01:54
Is there any desire within FR to bring this route back? Why was it ever dropped?

shamrock7seal
29th Jan 2016, 02:46
U2 apparently reviewed a potential base at BOH with the following route studies being completed (but no timeline):

Faro, Funchal, Palma, Bordeaux, Nice, Gibralter, Seville, Almeria, Barcelona & Venice

Would this affect FR ops?

StevieW
29th Jan 2016, 06:27
Nope, children's fantasies won't affect FR ops.

Back to the real world.

racedo
1st Feb 2016, 17:50
Flew on one of the new 738's this morning, it was one of those delivered apparently, the new narrower seats definitely give a lot more extra room.

Not yet sure on the overhead lockers though interior a definite improvement.

I do however like the new Uniform for cabin crew which changed today, looks really smart.

Jorik
1st Feb 2016, 21:04
Local newspaper Moss Avis reported Monday that Ryanair’s summer flight program would continue as planned, but that the airline would drop flights from Rygge at the end of October if the tax proposal goes through.

Ryanair to drop flights from Rygge (http://www.newsinenglish.no/2016/02/01/ryanair-to-drop-flights-from-rygge/)

FRatSTN
1st Feb 2016, 21:16
Yes I noticed for the first time today Ryanair crew wearing the new uniforms. Look very smart, although haven't seen the new interiors as yet.

Ryanair seems to have loaded the schedules for pretty much all of Italy for Winter 2016/17. Everything currently showing as "Sold Out" but that's how it normally starts off. Seems to be quite an increase in UK routes that are currently summer only routes...

Birmingham to Verona
Bristol to Milan-BGY and Venice-TSF
East Midlands to Rome-CIA
Edinburgh to Bologna
Liverpool to Pisa

Plus...

Edinburgh to Rome-CIA increases from 3x to 5x weekly
Manchester to Milan-BGY and Rome-CIA both increase from 7 to 9x weekly

GAZMO
1st Feb 2016, 21:18
Apparently BFS to Milan as well

Schorschi
1st Feb 2016, 21:55
Also new:
BGY-HAM
BGY-NUE
CIA-NUE
Looks like NUE is also becoming a base...

NorthEasterner
1st Feb 2016, 21:58
Think Ryanair needs to increase its presence here in Newcastle, DUB flight could do with being twice a day everyday as load factors are well above 90% on most flights. The new AGP and ALC flights are good but times coming back to NCL are dreadful and not suited for most of the travelling PAX. FLYBE are dropping the STN route, maybe a good idea for FR to pick this up and trial it? We could do with new destinations as well from NCL.

NE

EI-BUD
2nd Feb 2016, 10:01
Northeasterner,

Good suggestion re Ryanair doing STN, though EasyJet did the route for a long time after inheriting it from GO. Given so many have tried it I'd be surprised and moreover Ryanair had other of domestic routes ex STN that got caned including Blackpool and Newquay.. I'd suggest unlikely.

Welcome to pprune...

EI-BUD

Gulf Julliet Papa
2nd Feb 2016, 10:10
Why are the times not convenient from AGP/ALC?

ATNotts
2nd Feb 2016, 11:07
Think Ryanair needs to increase its presence here in Newcastle, DUB flight could do with being twice a day everyday as load factors are well above 90% on most flights. The new AGP and ALC flights are good but times coming back to NCL are dreadful and not suited for most of the travelling PAX. FLYBE are dropping the STN route, maybe a good idea for FR to pick this up and trial it? We could do with new destinations as well from NCL.

NE

Two things - first, with Ryanair PAX they buy primarily on price, timing is secondary.

Second, if FlyBe can't make a DH4 pay on NCL/STN I'm at a loss to see how FR could with an aircraft more than twice the capacity - and that's before you even take into account the domestic APD which makes all but the principal truck routes less viable.

Surely, unless you want to travel to Essex (does anyone want to travel to Essex?) getting to London is best done by rail from Newcastle?

Jorik
2nd Feb 2016, 14:49
Milan Malpensa – Gran Canaria – Milan Malpensa: 1 daily
Milan Malpensa – Sofia – Milan Malpensa: 1 daily
Milan Malpensa – Catania – Milan Malpensa: 4 daily
Milan Malpensa – Brussels-Zaventem – Milan Malpensa: 2 daily

Milan Bergamo – Timisoara – Milan Bergamo: 5 per week
Milan Bergamo – Prague – Milan Bergamo: 1 daily
Milan Bergamo – Gdansk – Milan Bergamo: 3 per week
Milan Bergamo – Hamburg – Milan Bergamo: 1 daily
Milan Bergamo – Nuremberg – Milan Bergamo: 1 daily

HH6702
2nd Feb 2016, 15:30
Shame no Milan to Newcastle.
Hopefully if Newcastle gets more flights this coming winter it gets announce then.

Ryanair needs to offer more flights from Newcastle and build up some trust from the local people.

NorthEasterner
2nd Feb 2016, 16:09
Northeasterner,

Good suggestion re Ryanair doing STN, though EasyJet did the route for a long time after inheriting it from GO. Given so many have tried it I'd be surprised and moreover Ryanair had other of domestic routes ex STN that got caned including Blackpool and Newquay.. I'd suggest unlikely.

Welcome to pprune...

EI-BUD

Yes it seems that FLYBE seem to drop the routes after taking all the discount. FLYBE ops quite not steady and often change all the time. At the moment the flight is being picked up by LoganAir sold via FLYBE and operated by BMI Regional.

Why are the times not convenient from AGP/ALC?

Leaving at 6AM-7AM in the mornings. Which isn't ideal if you're on holiday.

Two things - first, with Ryanair PAX they buy primarily on price, timing is secondary.

Second, if FlyBe can't make a DH4 pay on NCL/STN I'm at a loss to see how FR could with an aircraft more than twice the capacity - and that's before you even take into account the domestic APD which makes all but the principal truck routes less viable.

Surely, unless you want to travel to Essex (does anyone want to travel to Essex?) getting to London is best done by rail from Newcastle?

I can see from that point of view, but the prices FLYBE are charging Ł50+ (1 way) could potentially be beaten by Ryanair's low prices.

Hopefully if Newcastle gets more flights this coming winter it gets announce then.

Ryanair needs to offer more flights from Newcastle and build up some trust from the local people.

Milan would be a good destination, EasyJet don't serve the route nor do Jet2. Only possible via LHR.

NE

Geekie
2nd Feb 2016, 17:31

Didn't FR fly NCL-BGY about 10 years ago? I remember looking at going in my student days when they had Ł15rtn tickets!

AerRyan
2nd Feb 2016, 22:09
Why do they need to do that?

EI-BUD
2nd Feb 2016, 22:31
Quite a few new routes moving right onto easyJet's existing market ex Malpensa, like Catania with 5 flights a day v easyJet's 4. Brussels BRU is a significant jump also in capacity on the route, with both carriers with 2 daily in each direction.

Malpensa is a very significant base of some scale for easyJet and this would appear to be the first major signal of intent of a move onto easyJet routes ex MXP, of which easyJet has 57 from the airport. Ryanair will now have a total of 8 routes from MXP.

It would appear that the challenge that Ryanair is putting up to easyJet is intensifying across the network...

boyzinblue
3rd Feb 2016, 10:15
Interesting that FR will create a base in Nurnberg - having currently only 3 destinations from the airport coming from a high of 6 routes. I can only see one aircraft being based here. I would have though Memmingen would be more appropriate. Any news if Munich will be added to route network and when Hamburg will be confirmed as a base?

j636
3rd Feb 2016, 10:58
MUC is off the table for the foreseeable future, charges a major sticking point.

boyzinblue
3rd Feb 2016, 11:04
Ryanair will close two of its 15 Italian bases, Alghero and Pescara, and move its aircraft, pilots and crews to other countries due to an increase in taxes. Maybe these aircraft are off to Hamburg, Nurnberg, Sofia and Bucharest.

CSAneggar
5th Feb 2016, 00:48
You make a lot of posts about Ryanair? Why is that?:confused:

Shed-on-a-Pole
5th Feb 2016, 01:23
You make a lot of posts about Ryanair? Why is that?

Errr ... it could be because this is the Ryanair thread and he is familiar with the topic?

If he is knowledgable about the subject why shouldn't he contribute? That's what the forum exists for. His latest post is informative and on-topic.

aer lingus
5th Feb 2016, 09:05
That must be one of the dumbest comments ever CSAneggar:eek:

AerRyan
6th Feb 2016, 11:45
When will Ryanair commence with a widespread release? It's usually next month/april right?

sf01
7th Feb 2016, 16:03
Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any new routes from GLA for winter 16/17? I know they have not been released publicly yet but if anyone 'in the know' could help thanks.

S

FRatSTN
8th Feb 2016, 16:49
Looks like there's going to be further increases to UK routes in Winter 2016/17 based on the next batch of schedule releases:

New Winter routes:
Birmingham to Madrid
East Midlands to Barcelona
Glasgow PIK to Barcelona

Frequency increases (compared to this winter):
Birmingham to Barcelona - 5x weekly to daily
Edinburgh to Barcelona - 3x to 5x weekly
Glasgow Intl to Berlin SXF - 3x to 6x weekly
Manchester to Barcelona - 7x to 9x weekly

HH6702
8th Feb 2016, 17:00
Was hoping they may have added more from Newcastle

Wonder if ALC,AGP will be continued through the winter months

toledoashley
8th Feb 2016, 17:08
Whatever happened to Stansted - Amsterdam, big fanfare and then nothing happened.

Jorik
8th Feb 2016, 17:32
@toledoashley

Where did you read anything about STN-AMS? MOL named Stansted as a likely destination to be offered from Amsterdam, but nothing official, right?

Seljuk22
8th Feb 2016, 17:57
Some more new flights for the next winter:

CIA: new daily flights to NUE, PRG and SOF
CRL: new daily flights to TLS, 4 weekly to SOF and 3 weekly to TSR and VRN
BRU: new double daily flights to HAM, MAD and MXP and daily MLA

boyzinblue
9th Feb 2016, 12:06
Nürnberg now confirmed as the 79th base from the 1st of November.
Daily to Budapest, Rome, Bergamo and Manchester. Double daily to London and twice weekly to Malta.

9th Feb 2016, 22:17
"Bags are not available for this trip"

What's that about? Are they seriously trying to see if they can run flights without carrying hold luggage? Or are they hoping you'll book the flight without knowing how much you'll have to pay for the bag later?

AerRyan
9th Feb 2016, 22:39
Ah calm you tit's I'm sure it's only a site error and isn't intentional, it would drive away business more than gain extra baggage charges.

boyzinblue
10th Feb 2016, 10:26
...and base No. 80 is Hamburg with new routes to London, Manchester, Sofia and Gran Canaria. 2 aircraft from 1st of November.

Jorik
10th Feb 2016, 10:27
Hamburg will become a new base for Ryanair in W16 with two aircraft.

NEW ROUTES:
Hamburg (HAM) - London Stansted (STN)
Hamburg (HAM) - Manchester (MAN)
Hamburg (HAM) - Sofia (SOF)
Hamburg (HAM) - Gran Canaria (LPA)

Already announced, but also new for W16.
Hamburg (HAM) - Dublin (DUB)
Hamburg (HAM) - Brussels (BRU)
Hamburg (HAM) - Milan Bergamo (BGY)

sunday8pm
10th Feb 2016, 11:25
Is it safe to assume that EMA-TFS 2016/17 winter schedule will be the same as it is this year?

Jorik
10th Feb 2016, 13:16
@sunday8pm

You mean same days and/or flighttimes?
EMA-TFS goes from 5 weekly to daily from W15/16 to S16. All flights operated by an EMA based aircraft with a afternoon departure to TFS and late arrival from TFS. It would say it's very likely that this schedule will continue, but you can never be sure.

CCFAIRPORT
10th Feb 2016, 16:06
NEW ROUTES FROM BERLIN-SXF

Budapest (daily)
Fuerteventura (2pw)
Gran Canaria (3 pw)
Lanzarote (2pw)
Lisbon (daily)
Manchester (Daily)
Rzeszow (3pw)
Sevilla (3pw)
Sofia (daily)
Thessaloniki (daily)
Timisoara (2pw)
Toulouse (4pw)
Vilnius (3pw)

Seljuk22
10th Feb 2016, 17:08
Based aircraft at SXF will be increased from current 5 to 9.

FR said with those new bases and routes out of SXF, HAM, NUE and CGN their market share in Germany will be increased from the current 5 per cent to 10 per cent. In the next 5 years FR plans to increase its market share to 20 per cent.

German bases; might be that aircrafts from NRN and HHN will be moved to main airports going forward

SXF 9
NRN 7
HHN 6
CGN 3
BRE 3
HAM 2
FKB 2
NUE 1

I expect STR to be the next battle ground (germanwings/eurowings base). HAJ is also possible but owned by Fraport which might not like to see FR.

CSAneggar
12th Feb 2016, 07:54
That must be one of the dumbest comments ever CSAneggar:eek:

Badly worded I admit but what I was referring to was that this thread seems like FR propaganda.

Is everyone here employed by FR and FR are using this as free advertising?

davidjohnson6
12th Feb 2016, 08:57
CSA - I am most definitely not employed by Ryanair. I know there's little on this thread about how Ryanair give poor customer service or how they treat their staff badly - but most people on this thread know this already and find it dull to read about it again. Discusing what's changing about an airline or airport makes for interesting reading; hearing about yet another person being charged a fortune for checking in a suitcase is rather repetitive. Admittedly there are some fan-boys with the odd fantasy post how they desperately want routes from their local (tiny) airport to places all over Europe - best ignored.

If you want to talk about your experience as a passenger, it might be worth looking at one of the other threads. People working for Ryanair tend to discuss their employment T&Cs in an alternate thread as well.

I don't mean to be overly negative - we are interested to hear what you have to say about Ryanair as long as it's not repeating something that has been said multiple times before.

daz211
12th Feb 2016, 09:57
I also don't work for Ryanair but love to follow the twists and turns the ups and downs of a brilliant company who has come such a long way in such a short time I fly with many airlines short and long haul and Im slightly disappointed with your wording DAVIDJOHNSON (how Ryanair give poor customer service) this is not my experience not by far I have had poorer customer service from BA and the worst customer service and oldest dirtiest Aircraft I have ever been on is Virgin Atlantic give me Ryanair with new aircraft friendly crew brilliant on time record and excellent flight departure times any day some people hate them but I for one love to fly Ryanair.

12th Feb 2016, 14:29
Badly worded I admit but what I was referring to was that this thread seems like FR propaganda.

Is everyone here employed by FR and FR are using this as free advertising?

I think you misunderstood the purpose of the forum. This is the Ryanair thread in the Airlines, Airports & Routes forum.

A high percentage of the posts are therefore likely to relate to routes Ryanair are flying.

If you would prefer to see posts about routes other airlines are flying you'll find the appropriate threads are elsewhere in the forum.

sunday8pm
15th Feb 2016, 15:28
Thanks Jorik,

I meant will the next winter schedule replicate this winter's schedule? Primarily in terms of frequency, 5x weekly is fine and gives enough choice. I try to plan and book as far in advance as possible.

Thanks

CCFAIRPORT
16th Feb 2016, 12:20
NEW BASE : BUCHAREST (N°81)

New route : Lisbon to Berlin/SXF

Firstaid
16th Feb 2016, 15:04
Does anybody know of any new routes being launched by Ryanair from Glasgow Airport this year

Seljuk22
16th Feb 2016, 17:03
Bucharest will get 3 aircrafts and new daily routes to ATH and double daily to TSR
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160216-ryanair-opens-new-bucharest-base-no-81/?market=en)

jferreira20
16th Feb 2016, 18:01
New route:

Porto-Warsaw (Modlin)

Seljuk22
16th Feb 2016, 18:28
One additional aircraft for ATH (6 in total) and new routes to Bucharest, Sofia, Mykonos (each daily), Bologna (4 weekly), Malta (3 weekly) und Dublin (twice weekly) for the winter 16/17
http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160216-h-ryanair-prosthetei-6o-aeroskaphos-kai-enischyei-to-cheimerino-programma-athenas/?market=gr

AirGuru
16th Feb 2016, 18:50
What's the significance of EI-SEV operating DUB-CWL-BTS this evening on an apparent training flight ? CWL has hardly any FR flights (at the moment anyway ...)

Letsflycwl
16th Feb 2016, 19:20
What is the likelihood of Ryanair adding additional routes to the weekly TFS flight ex CWL ??

The load factors on the TFS flight have been very high throughout, be great to see LPA or FUE added

CheekyVisual
16th Feb 2016, 21:01
Never heard of the mighty 700 carrying out any form of route type training before. Usually only base training, management shuttle or real emergency commercial duties. Maybe some management types keeping current. Most base training done at EMA but EMA is busy and CWL could be a good fit for training.

Lots of new bases announced again and lots of places being looked at. Lots of new aircraft coming. Have it on very good authority there is more in the pipeline for CWL but no timescale. Depends on other opportunities and company concerned about EU situation and UK. One thing that I know for sure though is that there is at least one CWL sympathiser high up in FR.

Alsacienne
16th Feb 2016, 21:13
Could anyone in scheduling advise me if the STN-SXB route is likely to return this summer ... or next winter? Many thanks for your help.

daz211
16th Feb 2016, 21:13
Nice new route ATH - Mykonos wounded if we will see a LON - Mykonos
Easyjet charge a fortune for this route from the UK.

j636
16th Feb 2016, 21:21
FR have refitted the 700 aircraft with 60 business class seats, anyone know what plans they have for it.

They also got another one of those smaller L Jet

Letsflycwl
16th Feb 2016, 21:23
Never heard of the mighty 700 carrying out any form of route type training before. Usually only base training, management shuttle or real emergency commercial duties. Maybe some management types keeping current. Most base training done at EMA but EMA is busy and CWL could be a good fit for training.

Lots of new bases announced again and lots of places being looked at. Lots of new aircraft coming. Have it on very good authority there is more in the pipeline for CWL but no timescale. Depends on other opportunities and company concerned about EU situation and UK. One thing that I know for sure though is that there is at least one CWL sympathiser high up in FR.

Well I hope along with thousands more that FR will see the potential that CWL has to offer....and hope we see some new FR flights on that departure board pretty soon.

AirGuru
16th Feb 2016, 21:27

Bold claims there CV. Knowing FR they'd use CWL as a pawn to get a better deal at BRS. Interesting times lie ahead though, just a matter of time ...

CCFAIRPORT
17th Feb 2016, 10:30
NEW ROUTE

Bratislava to Eilat Ovda

2pw

From October 2016

In March 2017 a 2nd based A/C for Bratislava

CCFAIRPORT
17th Feb 2016, 13:08
NEW ROUTE (New FR destination)

Valencia to Craiova

From November 3rd 2016

Ryanair se duce dup? Wizz Air la Craiova ?i lanseaz? zboruri spre Valencia | Economica.net | Romania TV (http://www.economica.net/ryanair-se-duce-dupa-wizz-air-la-craiova-si-lanseaza-zboruri-spre-valencia_114821.html#n)

aidygers
17th Feb 2016, 13:12
when is the winter schedule due to be released in full...

Lon12
17th Feb 2016, 16:03
New extra plane to Valencia base for winter ( 3 in total )

New Craiova route so far.

4 routes extended to Manchester, Turin, Porto & Bari (so far)

Extra flights to BRU ( from 3 to 5 weekly )

And maybe extended EMA for winter too....

Seljuk22
17th Feb 2016, 17:20
BTS will get a 2nd aircraft next summer with MAN, EDI and BRU will be served year-round
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160217-ryanair-spusta-zimny-letovy-poriadok-2016-z-letiska-bratislava/?market=sk)

1sky
22nd Feb 2016, 22:23
Bulgarian sources are reporting 4 aircraft to be based at SOF from November:
???????: ?????? ????? ???? 2016 | bgonair.bg (http://www.bgonair.bg/avioshou/2016-02-21/avioshou-letishte-sofiya-prez-2016?utm_source=investor.bg&utm_medium=box&utm_campaign=box)

Ryanair.com is presently showing 3 daily departures at around 6am from the airport.

SOF-STN going double daily with STN based aircraft.

Big competition for Wizz!

HH6702
23rd Feb 2016, 08:23
Come on Ryanair extra flights to NCL.
When will the full timetable be sorted??

pee
23rd Feb 2016, 08:58
Just came to my mind:

http://i.imgur.com/jYC1JH8.jpg?1

Nothing to win here? Yes, Finland is expensive, but look at these fares to compete with!

CCFAIRPORT
23rd Feb 2016, 14:55
NEW ROUTES

Gdansk to Stockholm-Skavsta (4pw from October 30 2016)
Glasgow to Alicante
Glasgow to Gran Canaria
Glasgow to Lanzarote
Glasgow to Malaga

AvGeek1
24th Feb 2016, 17:55
Alicante-London (Gatwick) (6 weekly)
Edinburgh-Bologna (2 weekly)
Edinburgh-Poznan (2 weekly)
Edinburgh-Bordeaux (2 weekly)
Edinburgh-Gran Canaria (2 weekly)
Edinburgh-Palma de Mallorca (2 weekly)
Prestwick-Barcelona
Prestwick-Faro
Prestwick-Malta

1sky
24th Feb 2016, 18:01
Pilots in Bremen and Hahn have been asked to express interest in another base.

AerRyan
24th Feb 2016, 18:04
Ryanair really stepping up LGW ops lately.

For next winter it looks like:

DUB 8x daily (56 weekly)
BFS 5x daily (35 weekly)
SNN 6x weekly
ALC 6x weekly
KUN 3x weekly
SVQ 3x weekly

116 weekly flights.

True Blue
24th Feb 2016, 18:06
Bfs is starting next month to Lgw on 4 daily and is showing on the app as 5 daily for winter at the minute.

1sky
24th Feb 2016, 18:10

DUB 8x daily (56 weekly)
BFS 3x daily (21 weekly)
ORK 1x daily (7 weekly)
SNN 6x weekly
ALC 6x weekly
KUN 3x weekly
SVQ 3x weekly

102 weekly flights.

How does that compare to this winter schedule?

AerRyan
24th Feb 2016, 18:14
Currently this winter it's

DUB 6x daily (42 weekly)
ORK 1x daily (7 weekly)
SNN 6x weekly
SVQ 3x weekly
KUN 3x weekly

61 weekly flights at the moment, so almost a doubling of Ryanair ops next winter.

RAT 5
24th Feb 2016, 18:43
some of you guys are in the wrong profession: you should be ticket agents. WGAF.

AerRyan
24th Feb 2016, 18:49
You may have found yourself on the wrong fourm?

Honestly, if you don't care, you should *insert pleasant word* off rather than insulting our interests.

FRatSTN
24th Feb 2016, 20:22
I think we could see FR really stepping up at LGW in the coming months / years ahead.

Not sure if a base would be feasible but they have so many potential network points over Europe now they could link up with LGW.

Every opportunity there is to get slots, FR will be a serious contender for sure.

Lon12
24th Feb 2016, 20:27
Ryanair really stepping up LGW ops lately.

DUB 8x daily (56 weekly)
BFS 5x daily (35 weekly)
SNN 6x weekly
ALC 6x weekly
KUN 3x weekly
SVQ 3x weekly

116 weekly flights.

I think LGW-SVQ route has been cancelled

Jwscud
25th Feb 2016, 08:23
Surely EDI-BOD is at best a reopening of an old route?

TheLambtonWorm
25th Feb 2016, 11:21
Anyone know what's happened to the MAN-SXF route? Checked yesterday for flights out on 07/12/16 and return on 10/12/16 and the price was just under Ł52. Checked this morning and there's no flights at all on any dates.

Seljuk22
25th Feb 2016, 17:01
Pilots in Bremen and Hahn have been asked to express interest in another base.
Based aircrafts will be 2 for Bremen and 5 for Hahn. HHN was their first and for long time biggest base in Germany. Now SXF, CGN and HAM might be more important.

Lon12
25th Feb 2016, 17:11
Based aircrafts will be 2 for Bremen and 5 for Hahn. HHN was their first and for long time biggest base in Germany. Now SXF, CGN and HAM might be more important.

When are they launching Hahn and Weeze flights for next winter? Strange they launched CGN, CGN or HAM but still waiting for other bases...

RAT 5
25th Feb 2016, 17:13
To those who have asked about planning their future career and family life: 10 years ago HHN had 8-10 a/c and was forecast to go to 20. There was talk of RYR contributing to a new terminal to handle the growth. There was talk about HHN becoming a central european training hub, etc. etc. Now your saying it is going down to 5 a/c. A very cloudy crystal ball hangs over Germany. Was there not a 'toys from pram' saga a few years ago in reaction to German airport taxes? There was a severe threat to cut back on German routes. What is the situation now? Did HHN achieve its new terminal? Are there any internal De. flights? I know the trains are hefty competition.

alm1
25th Feb 2016, 18:42
HHN passenger experience is also deteriorating. Buses became a lot less frequent (70 min wait after landing - ouch). Good restaurants are gone - replaced by McDonalds.

Jamie2k9
25th Feb 2016, 18:44
HHN passenger experience is also deteriorating. Buses became a lot less frequent (70 min wait after landing - ouch). Good restaurants are gone - replaced by McDonalds

Ryanair and McDonalds have something in common.....

1sky
25th Feb 2016, 18:54

Is that actually a decrease? I thought 2 and 5 is what they had this winter.

HHN passenger experience is also deteriorating. Buses became a lot less frequent (70 min wait after landing - ouch). Good restaurants are gone - replaced by McDonalds.

Were there ever "good restaurants" in HHN?

FRatSTN
25th Feb 2016, 18:58
Looks like Vilnius is also set to become a base.

So that would be Bucharest, Hamburg, Nuremberg, Sofia and Vilnius as new bases from October, not to mention the vast increases elsewhere!

1sky
25th Feb 2016, 18:58
To those who have asked about planning their future career and family life: 10 years ago HHN had 8-10 a/c and was forecast to go to 20. There was talk of RYR contributing to a new terminal to handle the growth. There was talk about HHN becoming a central european training hub, etc. etc. Now your saying it is going down to 5 a/c. A very cloudy crystal ball hangs over Germany. Was there not a 'toys from pram' saga a few years ago in reaction to German airport taxes? There was a severe threat to cut back on German routes. What is the situation now? Did HHN achieve its new terminal? Are there any internal De. flights? I know the trains are hefty competition.

I don't think it's a cloudy crystal ball, just a shift in strategy. The same shift that we have been in other European markets. Three years ago, FR didn't fly to main airports such as CGN, HAM, NUE, etc.

HHN didn't get a new terminal but the existing one was expanded quite significantly (at this stage, half of that could probably be closed). There was talk of a whole new terminal (and some nice graphics put out by the company in charge of masterplan) but don't recall FR saying they would contribute to pay for it.

RAT 5
25th Feb 2016, 19:22
But like I asked; who, crew, engineers, airports, hotels, baggage staff, etc. etc. would bank their future on a RYR plan? 10 years ago the supposed future was sucking in local investment; 20 a/c. Now what?
Remember the pilot asking which was a better future; a legacy carrier or a LoCo. Remember all the fuss that RYR makes about how 1 a/c = so many jobs. Remember their boast about how opening a base with 3 a/c brings >1000 jobs. So what do we hear about how many jobs are in the bin due to a base being reduced. Nothing. It really is roulette.

1sky
25th Feb 2016, 20:13
But like I asked; who, crew, engineers, airports, hotels, baggage staff, etc. etc. would bank their future on a RYR plan? 10 years ago the supposed future was sucking in local investment; 20 a/c. Now what?
Remember the pilot asking which was a better future; a legacy carrier or a LoCo. Remember all the fuss that RYR makes about how 1 a/c = so many jobs. Remember their boast about how opening a base with 3 a/c brings >1000 jobs. So what do we hear about how many jobs are in the bin due to a base being reduced. Nothing. It really is roulette.

How is that different from most jobs in the real world?
One may have a very secure job in a big organisation: moved to that country for the job, wife found something too, house bought, kids in school, friends and a social life. A few years later, the function is moved to another country. The choice is move or leave the organisation. It hasn't happened to me yet but it is happening to colleagues.

Pilots in HHN and BRE are being offered the chance to express an interest in other bases.

1sky
26th Feb 2016, 09:17
"Ireland-based low-cost carrier (LCC) Ryanair has reached an “agreement in principle” with LCC Norwegian and Portuguese carrier TAP Portugal on supplying them with feeder passengers for long-haul flights, CEO Michael O’Leary said Feb. 24."
Ryanair nears agreement on feeder plans | Airports & Routes content from ATWOnline (http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/ryanair-nears-agreement-feeder-plans)

marko1
26th Feb 2016, 09:22
any ideas when the winter schedule for the remaining uk bases will be announced . I'm thinking Brs bhx Ema and boh?

True Blue
26th Feb 2016, 10:45
What about Bfs?

irish lad
26th Feb 2016, 17:08
Ryanair to feed Ethiopian airlines San Francisco route through Dublin?
First I've heard of that route

RAT 5
26th Feb 2016, 19:42

Firstly, an unfortunate choice of words:
Secondly: RYR has no free lunch.

Seljuk22
27th Feb 2016, 11:20
Is that actually a decrease? I thought 2 and 5 is what they had this winter. HHN was up to 10 some years ago and 6 last summer; BRE had 3 last summer
Compared winter 2015/2016 to summer 2016 it is not a decrease; compared to the past it is.

NRN will stay at 6. Seems to be more stable base althought competition from CGN, EIN, maybe Brussels as well as AMS nowadays.

FR took the delivery of 7 new aircrafts within 2 weeks:
EI-FOK on 18/02
EI-FOL on 21/02
EI-FOM on 22/02
EI-FON on 24/02
EI-FOP on 25/02
EI-FOO on 26/02
EI-FOR on 29/02

racedo
29th Feb 2016, 20:54
First I've heard of that route

Been going a while, announced Oct 2014, started June 2015.

Dontgothere
29th Feb 2016, 21:05
Unless this is the final bit of irony for Ryanair, are Ethiopian referring to it as San Francisco Los Angeles airport? ET don't serve SFO, but LAX.

Jorik
2nd Mar 2016, 16:26
NEW from Newcastle (NCL):

Newcastle (NCL) - Lanzarote (ACE)
Newcastle (NCL) - Tenerife (TFS)

NEW for the winter:
Newcastle (NCL) - Malaga (AGP)

Seljuk22
3rd Mar 2016, 17:16
7 new routes from BFS next winter
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160303-belfast-winter-2016-schedule/?market=en)

Seljuk22
5th Mar 2016, 08:25
New route from Porto to Milan (MXP) starts in September

daz211
9th Mar 2016, 12:04
BUSINESS TRAVEL! Customised Ryanair Boeing 737-700 jet now available for private charter!

Book your business travel HERE: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://buff.ly/1QGshqx)

Check out the interior HERE: https://youtu.be/I_6rl91N9Nw

horatio_b
9th Mar 2016, 12:13
would they still sell lottery tickets?

paully
9th Mar 2016, 12:23
The mind boggles :ooh:..you`d have to make sure you very carefully read all the terms and conditions before chartering from them :confused:

RAT 5
9th Mar 2016, 12:34
I wonder if they would do better by changing the brand name similar to Toyota/Lexus & Nissan/Infiniti? They are competing with Privatair and others.

Wycombe
9th Mar 2016, 14:25
I assume this is EI-SEV which has so far been used as a Co. hack and for base training?

LandingConfig
9th Mar 2016, 14:43
I assume this is EI-SEV which has so far been used as a Co. hack and for base training?

Yes, refurbed and now in C60 config.

LAX_LHR
9th Mar 2016, 15:12
Daz211 had already provided a link to the official Ryanair announcement about the new B737-700, so, why the need to provide a link to the same story on your own private blog?

Maxan_Murphy
9th Mar 2016, 20:37
Interesting strategy, although, how do they expect this to work? If it is still here in 12 months then I'm a Salmon. No mention of WiFi, USB ports or a business class menu...

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/plan-trip/flying-with-us/corporate-jet-hire

Thoughts?

tomuchwork
9th Mar 2016, 20:41
Is this the spare and training 737-700?

Well, if you want a quick charter with enough seats then it might be ok. Depends really on the price.

Used to fly for some Biz Charter Company and they most likely did not offer much more food wise and seat wise. Just that they used crappy Bombardier(did I wrote crappy, sorry, ment luxurious) aircraft that tend to break down on a regular basis.

Might work out as a sidebusiness ;)

EDIT: You might wonder how many of this biz jets do NOT have WiFi, USB, AND a business class menue. You would be really surprised.

deanm
9th Mar 2016, 20:46
A mob in Australia tried something similar a few years back, flying only biz class between Melbourne & Sydney.

Lasted a couple of months IIRC...

Dean

172driver
9th Mar 2016, 21:54
Have to say, I kinda like this statement from their website:

with the world renowned Ryanair branding on the outside,

Makes you look reeeeaaally posh :}

Other than that a bit weird - they must have reconfigured one of their 737s (although they say it's a -700, always thought they only had -800s). At the beginning of the summer, i.e. peak, season? Interesting.

Wycombe
9th Mar 2016, 22:04
They have this 1 737-700 (EI-SEV) which I believe has hitherto been used as a Company hack/internal transport, and for base training.

Guess they have put some posh(ish) seats in it as part of an initiative to turn it into a revenue stream.

Premiership footy teams could use it and claim they are travelling low cost!

EISNN
10th Mar 2016, 00:24
I've noticed there's no inflight entertainment/AVOD. That's a bit of a shame seeing as they've gone as far as introducing scent looking business seats.

Enos
10th Mar 2016, 04:27
Couldn't help but think of this yorkshire airlines video when I saw the cabin crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJFq2jhgQT8

500 above
10th Mar 2016, 06:25
Ryanair launches corporate jet hire - Cyprus (http://in-cyprus.com/ryanair-launches-corporate-jet-hire/)

A picture of the cabin here.

Journey Man
10th Mar 2016, 06:35
interesting. Whilst history has shown the all business-class, especially 'low cost', scheduled services are extremely delicate this is charter. It's just bigger seats and seat pitches in a charter aircraft and, as usual, "business class" is just marketing spin.

lederhosen
10th Mar 2016, 07:42
Actually I think I think there are some companies that might prefer to charter a jet that does not look too ostentatious. Companies that run shuttles between their plants would be a good example. The Trumps of this world are not the target. Of course Ryanair management also need to get around, so this was probably an easy idea to sell internally.

HeartyMeatballs
10th Mar 2016, 07:48
No doubt we'll be seeing it on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding a lot of it comes back. What classier way to turn up than a Ruyanair pruyvut jet?

Just a spotter
10th Mar 2016, 08:28
IMHO, the main question is whether this is a genuine new revenue generation venture or if it is a very cunning bit of self funding market research.

The company knows how to deal with "cattle class" on short and medium sectors, presumably that knowledge extends to longer, say 6 or so hour runs. What they don't currently know is what works for the discerning business traveller on medium and longer runs. This might be a very good way of carrying out some primary research into that demographic and how they can "Ryanair" that particular group.

After which, the issue for everyone is how, and where, they use that information.

JAS

500 above
10th Mar 2016, 08:35
I wonder if and when the Lear's will leave the M reg and go EI to be chartered out too?

Rwy in Sight
10th Mar 2016, 08:39
Aren't the characteristics of ad-hoc charter fairly different from schedule operation? So the data from chartering will be fairly meaningless for a company running cattle class medium hall (spelling?).

Unless they think about create a group like Toyota and Lexus.

vctenderness
10th Mar 2016, 08:39
Ryanair fine dining. A sentence I never thought I would see :ok:

RAT 5
10th Mar 2016, 08:48
This thread has been running for a few days on "Airlines & Routes." and is becoming duplicated.

rmac
10th Mar 2016, 09:01
I would think that their primary market would be high level sports teams (international, premiership, six nations etc, Champions League etc), I imagine it could be kept very busy just in that market sector, where the seats, layout and capacity look perfect.

VR-HFX
10th Mar 2016, 09:24
Looked at the pics and the offer..."crewed by Ryanair pilot"...aka single pilot IFR!

Jwscud
10th Mar 2016, 09:37
It's also making a virtue of necessity. The 700 has a few issues for the role they bought it for - it's much shorter than the 800 so teaching cadets with no experience to land/fly the 800 innit is not ideal.

I understand it is also high on cycles, so 3600 cycles a year (600 cadets x6 landings a pop) is probably a bit beyond it so they're trying to get their money's worth out of it.

RAT 5
10th Mar 2016, 10:59
The 700 has a few issues for the role they bought it for - it's much shorter than the 800 so teaching cadets with no experience to land the 800 in a 700 is not ideal.

Indeed I too found there is a subtle difference in the flare. Given that private charters sometimes want to go to 'out of the way' places, that will test their resources.

1sky
10th Mar 2016, 11:14
I assume that EI-SEV's function during the week will continue to be as corporate aircraft for travel to press conferences, meetings, etc.

For shareholders, it sounds a lot better to say you are entering the private charter business rather than having a big company business jet.

The business class seats will be a lot more comfortable than the 149Y configuration for trips to places like Tblisi (any FR route to Georgia to be announced soon?).

Shed-on-a-Pole
15th Mar 2016, 14:20
If you are one of the Ryanair customers who uses the popular Apple Safari browser, you may be encountering persistent problems with the new Ryanair website. Amongst these is the issue of on-screen boarding cards laid out in a peculiar four-fold format which print as a blank page. There used to be an easy fix for this - defaulting to Ryanair's original website which ran in parallel for a while. There were no compatibility issues with this. This option now appears to be withdrawn.

Having contacted Ryanair about this problem after another boarding card wouldn't format for printing, I was advised that: "They [Ryanair programmers] already know about it and are investigating the issue." However, this issue has existed since the new-style website first appeared, so it has been quite a while now. With the old website option no longer available the need for a fix has become urgent. Do we know a timescale for resolving this ... millions of people use the Safari browser?

In communication with Ryanair about the issue, I was advised: "Try deleting the browsing history and the cookies. It should solve the issue, safari has the most issues with our website out of all the browsers though." I actually did this, but unfortunately it made no difference. The boarding card still prints as a blank page.

I did ask whether the Ryanair representative could e.mail me a printable version of the boarding card. "We cannot send emails to our customers."

Can I access a boarding card at the airport without being charged since this is a website problem? "No, unfortunately. But you can download a different browser."

I have chosen NOT to download another browser ... I can just imagine the general problems that will cause. My own solution this time is to visit a friend's house and try to print my boarding card from their (non-Apple) computer. But I fly with Ryanair very frequently and I can't be messing around like this every time. It is disappointing that Ryanair has withdrawn access to the previous version of the website (which worked fine) before the issues with the new one had been addressed.

Can anybody advise a timescale for Ryanair resolving its website compatibility issues with Apple's popular Safari browser? Thanks.

MAN777
15th Mar 2016, 15:31
Shed your wasting your time pursuing this with Ryanair, if they have known about it all this time and still dont have a fix its obviously not on their agenda until it starts to hit them financially.

My advice is try another browser such as Firefox, there is nothing to worry about and to be honest I think its better than safari.

Seljuk22
15th Mar 2016, 18:16
Vilnius will be base No 82 with 2 A/C from 30th October
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160315-ryanair-opens-new-vilnius-base-no-82-launches-winter-2016-schedule/?market=en)

1sky
15th Mar 2016, 22:31
How about their app and a mobile boarding pass?

Waldo1
17th Mar 2016, 23:01
U wouldn't be able to make a whole scene then.....

FurbleFawks
22nd Mar 2016, 01:22
Lol... I'm posting this from a Mac on Opera. Other browsers are available.
Spoiled little brat syndrome much?

sunday8pm
24th Mar 2016, 11:49
Anyone have news on the winter schedule for 2016/17? Waiting specifically for EMA and BHX.

Regards

lfc84
24th Mar 2016, 19:08
Is anyone able to tell me the reason for the 4hr delay to FR8164/5 today 24/03/2016 ? Thankyou

Edit to add - they informed us it was an earlier tech problem

1sky
30th Mar 2016, 00:21
FR's Sofia base will be announced later today. Quite a substantial schedule from November:

New flights to:
Brussels CRL
Baden-Baden
Memmingen
Athens
Venice TSF
Eindhoven
Castellon
Stockholm NYO
Birmingham
Glasgow
Liverpool

These are in addition to the previously announced flights to:
London STN
Berlin
Cologne
Hamburg
Pisa
Madrid
Barcelona
Dublin

:ok:

FRatSTN
30th Mar 2016, 09:59
sunday8pm

BHX and LBA were released yesterday... The only UK airports waiting for now are BRS, EMA and LPL, so hopefully not too much longer.

LBIA
30th Mar 2016, 10:59
Ryanair's LBA winter schedule increasing by 20% with extra flights to ACE, TFS, ALC, KRK confirmed this morning. FAO route will operate year round and new 2x weekly service to LPA has been announced.

Press release:
http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/media/2191/30032016.pdf

Seljuk22
30th Mar 2016, 17:58
Sofia will be base No 83 with 3 based aircrafts
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160330-new-sofia-base-to-open-no-83/?market=en)

After Timisoara (1 a/c), Bucharest (3) and Vilnius (2) the fourth new base in Eastern Europe with competition to Wizz.

shamrock7seal
5th Apr 2016, 06:16
Can anyone at FR give credence to the rumour on the BOH thread that an aircraft will be based for W16/17? Is this rumour coming from crew base extension?

Sober Lark
5th Apr 2016, 07:41
Comhghairdeas on your 400th, Leo.

daz211
6th Apr 2016, 13:10
New base ... No84 ... Prague
2 X New Routes Milan and Rome
2 Based A/C

Winter 2016 schedule.

Milan B - 1 X daily
Rome C - 1 X daily
Brussels C - 9 X weekly
Dublin. 1 X daily
London S - 2 X daily

Seljuk22
6th Apr 2016, 17:55
Timisoara base will be open on 1st September instead of 1st November.

Lon12
7th Apr 2016, 21:17
5 new routes to Malta
11 new winter routes

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160407-ryanair-launches-record-malta-winter-schedule/?market=mt

AvGeek1
7th Apr 2016, 22:04
With Ryanair announcing many bases for W16/S17, what other potential bases could Ryanair set up with based aircraft. I thought that they could try Murcia, Spain and operate routes like Barcelona, Brussels, Amsterdam, Palma, Liverpool etc. Good catchment area and high tourism levels. It could complement there Alicante ops also.

Charlie Roy
11th Apr 2016, 07:10
Ryanair set to relocate its Hahn operations to Luxembourg Airport (LUX)!

http://www.wort.lu/en/luxembourg/starting-next-winter-ryanair-is-coming-to-luxembourg-570b44411bea9dff8fa75ec0

FRatSTN
12th Apr 2016, 16:54
Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160412-year-3-always-getting-better-plan/?market=en)

Flitefone
12th Apr 2016, 18:20
With Ryanair announcing many bases for W16/S17, what other potential bases could Ryanair set up with based aircraft. I thought that they could try Murcia, Spain and operate routes like Barcelona, Brussels, Amsterdam, Palma, Liverpool etc. Good catchment area and high tourism levels. It could complement there Alicante ops also.

Gatwick most likely, provided of course that FR beat EZY & Norwegian in the bid to buy Monarch for its Gatwick slots and Manchester business...

lfc84
12th Apr 2016, 21:10
I like this bit:

Simplified baggage options – 6 bag booking options (reduced from 108)

- See more at: _http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160412-year-3-always-getting-better-plan/?market=en

Noxegon
13th Apr 2016, 06:28
How the hell did they ever get to 108 baggage options? Hilarious...

eu01
14th Apr 2016, 11:52
Back in 2009:
Somewhere the connecting flights SHOULD be tested, anyway. Otherwise the development will be crippled by FR's own rules (or business model, if you prefer).
(My original text is one page earlier in the mentioned thread).

And yesterday: Ryanair will trial transfer traffic from this summer (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-will-trial-transfer-traffic-from-this-summer-34624914.html)
"If you're in, for example, Glasgow, Belfast or Edinburgh, and there's no direct route from there to say, Poznan in Poland, it will show you that you can connect through Stansted with just one stop," said Mr O'Leary.

"It won't be difficult. The connecting time at Stansted might be two hours and you won't have to come through passport control, go back, and check in again," he added.

"The only complexity is can we get the bag across to the other flights without losing loads of bags." He added: "We'll run it across a three or six-month period and see what the demand is like.

EI-BUD
14th Apr 2016, 14:26
In terms of short haul, don't connections and interlining will give Ryanair powerful data to identify where direct point to point services could be added.reasonably safe to assume said services could be added quickly...

racedo
14th Apr 2016, 19:04
In terms of short haul, don't connections and interlining will give Ryanair powerful data to identify where direct point to point services could be added.reasonably safe to assume said services could be added quickly...

Yup and they will know who using as well.

Data mining is why they want everybody signed up.

PPRuNeUser0176
17th Apr 2016, 17:50
Ryanair set to relocate its Hahn operations to Luxembourg Airport (LUX)!

http://www.wort.lu/en/luxembourg/sta...ea9dff8fa75ec0

Hahn is up for sale and reported that Amazon is among three parties in talks to purchase it.

Still if it remains open to schedule ops, I would be surprised if a full move took place to LUX.

Jorik
20th Apr 2016, 16:35
NEW from Berlin:

Catania
Bucharest
Nis (Serbia, NEW airport and country for FR)
Santander
Podgorica

shamrock7seal
21st Apr 2016, 09:09
Sorry if this is covered in an earlier post... why on earth does Ryanair have a single 737-700W fitted with VIP seating? Surely it's better to just convert a 737-800W?

daz211
21st Apr 2016, 11:13
From post 3103.

BUSINESS TRAVEL! Customised Ryanair Boeing 737-700 jet now available for private charter!

Book your business travel HERE: Welcome to Ryanair!

Check out the interior HERE: https://youtu.be/I_6rl91N9Nw

j636
26th Apr 2016, 12:32
FR move polish donestic services to main airport in Warsaw from November.

jfy1999
26th Apr 2016, 14:38
New route from Warsaw/Modlin to BHX, starting October 31 and operating Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

AerRyan
26th Apr 2016, 14:39
Also new route to NCL, TUE and SAT.

Looks like the domestic operation moving is leaving room on the WMI aircraft.

GAZMO
26th Apr 2016, 14:44
Also BFS twice weekly from November

A350Saltire
26th Apr 2016, 14:48
Also BFS twice weekly from November

And EDI 3x weekly from November.

AerRyan
26th Apr 2016, 15:17
Warsaw press release (In Polish)

RYANAIR INWESTUJE W POLSCE 300 MLN $ I OGŁASZA ROZKŁAD LOTÓW NA ZIMĘ 2016/2017
26 Apr 2016
8 NOWYCH MIĘDZYNARODOWYCH TRAS Z WARSZAWY MODLIN,

REJSY KRAJOWE PREZNIESIONE NA LOTNISKO CHOPINA

Ryanair, linia lotnicza Nr 1 w Polsce, dziś (26 kwietnia) poinformowała o inwestycji 300 mln $ i ogłosiła rozkład lotów na Zimę 2016/2017, dodając 3. samolot do bazy Warszawa Modlin (dodatkowe samoloty trafią również do Gdańska oraz Wrocławia). Linia poinformowała o uruchomieniu 8 nowych tras do Belfastu, Birmingham, Edynburga, Leeds, Newcastle, Porto, Tuluzy i Walencji oraz dodatkowych rejsach do Bristolu i Mediolanu.

Ryanair poinformaował również, że loty krajowe do Gdańska i Wrocławia z dniem 30 października 2016 r. przeniesione zostaną na Lotnisko Chopina.

Ryanair obsłuży łącznie 3,5 mln pasażerów i przyczyni się do utworzenia 2.600* miejsc pracy w Warszawie Modlin oraz na lotnisku Chopina.

Ryanair w Warszawie w sezonie Zima 2016/2017:

Warszawa Modlin:

3 zbazowane samoloty (1 dodatkowy = 100 mln $)
8 nowych tras: Belfast (2 tyg.), Birmingham (3 tyg.), Edynburg (3 tyg.), Leeds Bradford (2 tyg.)
Newcastle (2 tyg.), Porto (2 tyg.), Tuluza (2 tyg.) oraz Walencja (2 tyg.)

35 tras łącznie
Dodatkowe rejsy do Bristolu ( z 3 do 4 tyg.) oraz Mediolanu Bergamo (z 6 do 7 tyg.)
2,8 mln pasażerów rocznie
2,100* miejsc pracy
Warszawa Lotnisko Chopina:

2 nowe trasy: Gdańsk (3 dziennie) oraz Wrocław (3 dziennie)
2 trasy łącznie
650.000 pasażerów rocznie
500 miejsc pracy
Ryanair będzie nadal łączył Warszawę z największymi centrami biznesowymi w Europie, oferując codzienne rejsy do Dublina, Mediolanu czy Paryża, przeniesie loty krajowe do Gdaska i Wrocławia na lotnisko Chopina, zwiększając jednocześnie częstotliwość operacji do 3 dziennie. Ryanair staje się idealnym wyborem zarówno dla pasażerów biznesowych jak i turystów.

Polscy klienci oraz turyści mogą w Warszawie wybrać jedną z 37 tras w sezonie Zima 2016/2017. Już wkrótce mogą również spodziewać się kolejnych udogodnień w ramach programu “Always Getting Better” jak nowe kierunki, innowacje cyfrowe, nowe wnętrza kabin i jeszcze niższe ceny.

W Warszawie, David O’Brien, Członek Zarządu Ryanaira ds. Handlowych powiedział:

“Cieszymy się z nowej inwestycji 300 mln $ w Polsce i ogłoszamy rozkład lotów na Zimę 2016/2017, z dodatkowym samolotem w Warszawie Modlin oraz 8 nowymi trasami do: Belfastu, Birmingham, Edynburga, Leeds, Newcastle, Porto, Tuluzy oraz Walencji. Z dniem 30 października przenosimy również połączenia krajowe do Gdańska i Wrocławia na Lotnisko Chopina, zwiększając jednocześnie liczbę operacji do 3 dziennie na obu trasach. Ponadto zwiększamy także liczbę rejsów z Warszawy Modlin do Bristolu i Mediolanu, łacznie w Warszawie obsłużymy 3,5 mln pasażerów i przyczynimy się do utworzenia 2600* miejsc pracy na lotniskach Warszawa Modlin oraz Chopina.

W ramach programu “Always Getting Better”, 106 milionów naszych pasażerów może spodziewać się kolejnych udogodnień jak nowe trasy, innowacje cyfrowe, nowe wnętrza kabin i jeszcze niższe ceny.

Aby uczcić ogłoszenie rozkładu lotów na Zimę 2016/2017 z Warszawy wprowadzamy do sprzedaży 100,000 biletów na nasze europejskie trasy już od 39 PLN. Bilety są do nabycia na www.ryanair.com tylko do soboty (30 kwietnia).”

- See more at: Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/informacje/160426-ryanair-inwestuje-w-polsce-300-mln-i-oglasza-rozklad-lotow-na-zime-2016-2017/?market=pl#sthash.JUHuPMci.dpuf)

The Jist in English

Warsaw Modlin (WMI)
*3 Based Aircraft

*8 new routes: Belfast (2pw.), Birmingham (3pw), Edinburgh (3pw), Leeds Bradford (2pw), Newcastle (2pw), Porto (2pw), Toulouse (2pw) And Valencia (2pw).

*Additional flights to Bristol (from 3 to 4pw) And Milan Bergamo (from 6 to 7 pw).

Warsaw Chopin (WAW)

2 new routes: Gdańsk (3 daily) and Wroclaw (3 daily)

DublinPole
27th Apr 2016, 14:40
I was in Modlin last week, it is bursting at the seams for a lot of the day and is very close to full capacity in all areas, in terms of passport control, baggage handling, security etc, there is room for a few more flights at certain times of day but not a lot of breathing room, no doubt why they shifted the domestic routes

It's not a rare occurrence to see up to six FR planes on the ground at a time, despite the fact there is only 4 gates (which are now being split into two each in order to handle the extra traffic which is less than ideal.

Expansion of the airport looks unlikely in the short term with the Owners of Chopin Airport trying to buy it, which would be very bad for Ryanair and Chopin Airport are none too happy with Ryanair moving their domestic routes there.

This is all part of a bigger game between Ryanair and Polish State Airports.

Seljuk22
27th Apr 2016, 17:17
WRO: 3rd aircraft to be based - WAW from 2 daily to 3 daily; new routes: MAN 3/7, MAD 2/7, BFS 2/7 & NCL 2/7

GDN: 2nd aircraft to be based - WAW from 2 daily to 3 daily; new routes BGY 3/7, BFS 2/7 & NCL 2/7

DublinPole
27th Apr 2016, 17:43
See my post in the thread about Belfast
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/466292-belfast-airport-international-258.html#post9358330

Gdansk like Poznan has historically been strong Wizz territory, Ryanair have struggled there so I'd be very interested to see how they get on at Bergamo

shamrock7seal
13th May 2016, 02:49
New winter base and new route to Krakow and Malta (previously announced). I'm sure Ryanair served Krakow before from BOH about 6 or 7 years ago?

Good news for the airport.

whitelighter
14th May 2016, 15:52
Does anyone know how the Castellon routes are going?
Currently I fly to Barcelona but Castellon is very close to my holiday home.

The only issue is the lack of a daily service makes short visits not viable. Wondered if the route was popular enough to encourage a daily service

Bjarte
17th May 2016, 15:59
Ryanair will arrive in Luxembourg on Thursday for a press conference.

Luxemburger Wort - Ryanair in Luxembourg on Thursday (http://www.wort.lu/en/luxembourg/findel-airport-ryanair-in-luxembourg-on-thursday-573b1e55ac730ff4e7f6084d)

Charlie Roy
19th May 2016, 09:33
Starting September 1st, Ryanair will fly from Luxembourg (LUX): daily to London Stansted (STN) and 5 times weekly to Porto (OPO).

(Liveticker) Ryanair kommt nach Luxemburg - London und Porto ab September - volksfreund.de (http://www.volksfreund.de/nachrichten/region/luxemburg/aktuell/Luxemburg-aktuell-Liveticker-Ryanair-kommt-nach-Luxemburg-London-und-Porto-ab-September;art1715,4480806)
11:04: Ab 1. September geht es täglich nach London. Nach Porto 5 mal die Woche. Viele weitere Strecken seien geplant. Laut Ryanair-Marketingchef Kenny Jacobs will Ryanair zweitgrößte Airline in Lux werden.

sinbad73
19th May 2016, 10:00
FR starting SOF-GLA on 07 September bringing forward the previous start date of end of October. SXF-GLA will also increase from 4 to 5 a week during September/October prior to going 6 weekly in November.

TBSC
24th May 2016, 19:29
The management of Oslo-Rygge decided today to close the airport from November should Ryanair go ahead and chop its flights.

RAT 5
24th May 2016, 19:33
Remind us, please, of the blaring trumpets and job creation advertising when it opened?

AerRyan
24th May 2016, 19:34
Disregard my OP, I read the post wrong.

If Ryanair shuts the base, it doesn't mean they will stop operations.

daz211
31st May 2016, 16:38
Yet another Ryanair new route from Stansted to Olsztyn Mazury (Poland).

daz211
1st Jun 2016, 12:54
16 route cancellation.

London Stansted and Vilnius to switch to Oslo Gardermoen
And 8 routes to Oslo Torp.

AerRyan
1st Jun 2016, 13:15
That'll be truly devastating for the town of Moss.

Seljuk22
1st Jun 2016, 17:33
In case FR want to start more German domestic routes below are the Top 10 from 2015:

Berlin-Munich 1.98 million
Berlin-Frankfurt 1.91 million
Hamburg-Munich 1.81 million
Dusseldorf-Munich 1.55 million
Cologne-Berlin 1.46 million (FR already flies CGN-SXF)
Hamburg-Frankfurt 1.36 million
Stuttgart-Berlin 0.99 million
Stuttgart-Hamburg 0.72 million
Dusseldorf-Hamburg 0.56 million
Cologne-Hamburg 0.39 million

RAT 5
1st Jun 2016, 20:59
I thought the German government were trying to move more people from aeroplanes to trains for city centre- city centre. Is it working?

Charlie Roy
1st Jun 2016, 21:58
Berlin-Munich 1.98 million
Berlin-Frankfurt 1.91 million

This not only reflects strong domestic demand, but in particular the lack of direct routes from Berlin, with Berliners being forced to connect through Lufthansa hubs in West Germany.

sparkysam
2nd Jun 2016, 17:03
Was ment to fly MAN/BCN today at 06:25 but the flight was canx yesterday afternoon. There was no explanation on the txt message or e mail, but went to the airport to talk to swissport Ryanair desk people. The very kind lady told me it was due to French atc. Just asking why this flight was the only one from MAN that seemed to be cut.
Thanks Sam

AerRyan
2nd Jun 2016, 21:14
Chances are they were waiting for a slot, kept waiting, all of a sudden the crew went out of hours, meaning the flight cant fly.

cornishsimon
2nd Jun 2016, 21:56
Anyone know how FR are getting on at NQY ?

cs

RAT 5
3rd Jun 2016, 08:39
AerRyan: I think sparkysam suggested the flight had been cancelled the afternoon/day before in anticipation of disruption. But why only this flight?

sparkysam
3rd Jun 2016, 09:48
Yes you are correct RAT 5. Got flight today on Vueling so only missing one day at moto gp, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully somebody can explain
Cheers Sam

Gulf Julliet Papa
3rd Jun 2016, 11:30
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in times of planned mass disruption Eurocontrol asks airlines to cancel a number or percentage of flights as to alleviate some slots. Some airlines cancel a little early than others.

Also it is likely to be a big picture cancellation. Maybe that aircraft or crew can be used more effectively later in the to minimise the total disruption

Jamie2k9
3rd Jun 2016, 11:42
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in times of planned mass disruption Eurocontrol asks airlines to cancel a number or percentage of flights as to alleviate some slots. Some airlines cancel a little early than others.

Also it is likely to be a big picture cancellation. Maybe that aircraft or crew can be used more effectively later in the to minimise the total disruption

That's more less it, there was 74 others also cancelled.

sparkysam
7th Jun 2016, 17:21
Thanks GJP and Jamie but it was why only our flight that day was cancelled ex MAN.
Cheers Sam

Shed-on-a-Pole
14th Jun 2016, 22:11
Further to my post No.3131 in this thread dating back to mid-March, I am pleased to confirm that the website issue which prevented new-look Ryanair boarding cards printing via the Apple Safari browser has now been resolved. My compliments to whoever was responsible for the fix. Really helpful to me as a Ryanair frequent-flyer. And no doubt helpful to many other individuals and businesses as well for whom Apple is the IT solution of choice. Well done to all concerned.

FRatSTN
16th Jun 2016, 12:07
Ryanair have released their Leisure Plus and improved the Business Plus fare flexibility. Details now on the website.

sinbad73
29th Jun 2016, 14:37
Ryanair: 'To focus growth on European Union' - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36646837)

Ryanair will not deploy new aircraft on routes to and from the UK next year, following the Brexit vote, and will instead focus on the European Union.

The Irish low-cost airline, will "pivot all of our growth into the European Union," chief executive Michael O'Leary told the Wall Street Journal.

Ryanair carries more than 100 million passengers a year and UK routes account for 40 million of those travellers.

Ryanair has its largest hub at London's Stansted Airport.

The airline's shares have fallen more than 23% since the United Kingdom voted on Thursday to leave the European Union.

Mr O'Leary, one of the most vocal business leaders campaigning in favour of continued EU membership, had repeatedly warned he would cut investment in Britain if it voted to leave.

He said the airline's overall growth targets remained unchanged.
Mr O'Leary said he expected three or four months of "considerable uncertainty" due to the British vote, but forecast a limited impact on near-term bookings to and from Britain.

paully
29th Jun 2016, 15:03
So more growth into a part of the world that finds it difficult to grow...Spain as an example has 50% youth unemployment and it goes from that. Foot stamping from O'Leary followed by smoke and mirrors..at least he's entertaining bless him and always getting better to boot ��

LTNman
29th Jun 2016, 17:14
O'Leary has played the part of the playground bully for years and is wrapped up in his own self importance. I don't think anyone will be losing any sleep, not even MAG.

DublinPole
30th Jun 2016, 20:57
As Predicted in April (http://www.pprune.org/9358330-post5154.html), reports in the Polish press of Ryanair applying for slots for moving some business routes from Warsaw Modlin to Warsaw Chopin in response to the changing bigger picture in relation to airport ownership in Poland to take it to Polish State Airports and LOT.

It appears any expansion of Modlin Airport will be delayed now (which suits PPL and LOT perfectly), so this appears to be a response to that fact although the slots have not yet been granted and I can't imagine Ryanair are going to be welcomed at Chopin with open arms, although it's difficult to see how PPL will be able to deny them the slots just because it is Ryanair.

strawberry Ribena
2nd Jul 2016, 15:37
Would anyone know what flights ei-sev is operating soon? I've noticed it's been flying scheduled routes recently

GAXLN
2nd Jul 2016, 17:07
As you may have seen, it turned up unexpectedly in Newcastle yesterday.

jfy1999
3rd Jul 2016, 10:56
EI-SEV came to Birmingham today on the morning DUB flight

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Jul 2016, 21:35
Ryanair to launch flights from Aberdeen? Announcement of "very exciting news" tomorrow, airline says

https://twitter.com/AlastairDalton

EI-BUD
5th Jul 2016, 21:37
I'd guess Stansted and Dublin...

CaptainDoony
5th Jul 2016, 21:43
Sounds like pure speculation from that guy - not seeing anything to back up his claim.

Would be a massive, massive boost for ABZ in the current climate up here if true though.

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Jul 2016, 21:48
Sounds like pure speculation from that guy - not seeing anything to back up his claim.

Would be a massive, massive boost for ABZ in the current climate up here if true though.

Only thing is if it's in Aberdeen, Ryanair may of told him it's in the city and if it is then it could well be.

If the other UK domestics are doing well then ABZ may well be the next step.

CaptainDoony
5th Jul 2016, 22:18
Hmm maybe. Nothing from anyone else anywhere though, just that lone tweet.

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Jul 2016, 22:31
EIR fares between DUB-ABZ have spiked to over 700 euro return, that usually means the route is been reviewed or cancelled from November.

Wonder if ABZ have sold themselves out, don't see U2 been to happy either.

CaptainDoony
5th Jul 2016, 22:42
Good find. Monday & Saturday fares are still normal but rest are Ł350+

Will be interesting to see, certainly adds some weight to the theory

CaptainDoony
6th Jul 2016, 09:54
Aberdeen to Alicante and Malaga from February 2017, twice weekly for both. Spanish based aircraft.

Good news for ABZ and also EI-EIDW, the Aer Lingus fares have returned to normal this morning on ABZ-DUB.

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Jul 2016, 15:15
FR to start ops from VCE by moving BRS-TSF over for the final two summer months but TSF is down for winter but press release indicates it will move over.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160720-ryanair-launches-new-bristol-route-to-venice-marco-polo/?market=en

MerchantVenturer
20th Jul 2016, 17:56
easyJet restarted its own VCE-BRS in March after several years' absence from the route.

LGS6753
20th Jul 2016, 18:08
Major growth now reported for Bristol this winter, Newcastle and Leeds in S17.
So much for cutting investment if the UK voted for Brexit - another scare story as I predicted at the time.

davidjohnson6
20th Jul 2016, 18:09
Will we perhaps see Ryanair turn Treviso into a repeat of Oslo Gardemoen/Torp or (even more extreme) Oslo Gardemoen/Rygge over the next couple of years ?
Or is Bristol just a special case of possible over supply on a city pair leading to two rivals battling for market dominance ?

compton3bravo
21st Jul 2016, 05:12
if I read the news release correctly there would be no expansion of UK based aircraft and crew, any expansion would come from Ryanair bases overseas.

HH6702
21st Jul 2016, 07:46
All Newcastle flights are from overseas bases so true

EK77WNCL
21st Jul 2016, 12:10
I had worried about that, all the leave voters saying "see, what a bunch of lies and scaremongering, they are expanding!" aye... But it's hollow, and they're only doing it while they can because when Article 50 gets invoked in 2017 (Thank you Theresa for being sensible and taking your time with it) things will change massively.

It will all depend on how much Ryanair and Easyjet's overheads increase when they need to set up English/European subsidiaries, or whatever mess it's created.

Having said that, I do support Ryanair's growth at NCL from other and I think it's a good thing. Beggars can't be choosers now that a base has gone out of the window - I don't expect MOL to go back on his Brexit word for a market (admittedly) as small as Newcastle, no matter how fruitful it may be proving in it's infancy. I hope good things lie ahead bus I struggle to see it

HH6702
21st Jul 2016, 12:44
EK777WNCL just think Ryanair and Newcastle could be the north airport
Like what WIZZ is to LTN.
We could have over 50 flights a day into ncl (if only) and no based aircraft from ryanair.
However the airport would be busy all day long

Shed-on-a-Pole
21st Jul 2016, 14:36
But it's hollow, and they're only doing it while they can because when Article 50 gets invoked in 2017 (Thank you Theresa for being sensible and taking your time with it) things will change massively.

Nobody has denied that many things will change as a result of Brexit. But you appear to presume that all changes will be detrimental. That is clearly not the case. Many of the forthcoming changes will be very positive for UK plc. None of us can know the future with certainty, but there's no need for an atmosphere of alarmism and slashing of wrists. And we cannot presume that the alternative road to undemocratic federal integration and eventual membership of the flawed Euro / Schengen area would have been a basket of roses either. The status quo was never an option. There are at least two ways of looking at this, and that is why we needed a referendum.

This works both ways within the industry too. The pound has fallen 10% and UK holidaymakers have less to spend abroad ... but for foreigners UK holidays just got a whole lot cheaper. Manufacturers love the implications of a weaker pound for their exports. Fuel prices (set in USD) have risen due to the weaker pound, but UK carriers pay many of their expenses in pounds yet make much of their income in foreign currencies. Airlines such as RYR and EZY would presumably prefer not to face the uncertainties deriving from Brexit, but to suppose that their overseas bases don't face challenges of their own is fanciful. Insolvent banks, further Euro bailouts, terrorism, endemic strikes (France?), oppressive bureaucracy - all will affect the market. The airlines will ultimately place their aircraft where the market is regardless of all the short-term bluster and political rhetoric. If all else fails, remember that Britain is the fifth largest economy in the world and it is a geographically compact island-nation. There will always be an opportunity for well-managed airlines to prosper here.

paully
21st Jul 2016, 14:54
Succinct and accurately to the point Shed.Thank you :D

Daza
21st Jul 2016, 15:30
They just keep coming more new routes and increases on existing services
CHQ GRO and REU added for Sumer 2017 :ok:
Press release http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160721-ryanair-launches-birmingham-summer-2017-schedule/?market=en

Daza

RAT 5
21st Jul 2016, 16:55
Daza: when you've got a shed load of a/c arriving & more coming you have to do something with them. RYR can't suddenly cancel 150 a/c.
However, when you here how much EU dosh went into the NE. England one wonders what will happen to the region when the dosh dries up. Lots of new regeneration of the old smokey smelly industrial sites. However it will take lots of energy and more dosh to keep them alive & well. That is local money needed at home. How will the affect the spontaneous leisure airplane trip? Crystal ball and lots of hind-sight.

Daza
21st Jul 2016, 17:10
RAT 5 wrote Daza: when you've got a shed load of a/c arriving & more coming you have to do something with them. RYR can't suddenly cancel 150 a/c.
I'm not making any comment about how EU money is going to be removed from the UK regions. As an aside I think FR new routes are more to do with a reaction to Jet2 setting up at BHX than it has to do with Brexit.
The comments I make are about more new routes for BHX nothing more. :}
Daza

j636
25th Jul 2016, 19:49
Note on capacity at STN:

Brexit:

The recent UK vote to leave the European Union (“EU”) was both a surprise and a disappointment. Ryanair, as the UK’s largest airline, had campaigned actively for a “Remain” vote. We expect this result will lead to a considerable period of political and economic uncertainty in both the UK and the EU. This uncertainty will be damaging to economic growth and consumer confidence and we will respond as always with our load factor active/yield passive strategy. Until some clarity emerges over the next two years about the UK’s long term political and economic relationships with the EU, we will be unable to predict what effect it will have on our business and regulatory environment, but we have contingency plans in place for all eventualities.

In the near term we expect that Brexit uncertainty will lead to weaker sterling, slower growth in the UK and EU economies and downward pressure on fares until the end of 2017 at least. Over the longer term, if the UK is unable to negotiate access to the single market/open skies it may have implications for our 3 UK domestic routes and UK nationals on our share register but these risks are not material and will be manageable. There may also be some opportunities if our UK registered competitors are no longer permitted to operate intra EU routes, or must divest their majority ownership of EU registered airlines.

In the meantime, we will pivot our growth away from UK airports and focus more on growing at our EU airports over the next two years. This winter we will cut capacity and frequency on many London Stansted routes (although no routes will close) where we are already significantly ahead of our multiyear traffic growth targets.

Welcome to Ryanair! (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160725-q1-profits-rise-4-to-256m-as-fares-fall-10-to-under-40/?market=en)

racedo
25th Jul 2016, 21:37
Good set of results for Q1.

paully
28th Jul 2016, 21:09
Ryanair to make parents pay for reserved seats, although no charge for the little ones,from 1st September. Ryanair To Make Parents Pay For Reserved Seats (http://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-to-make-parents-pay-for-reserved-seats-10515647)

That should sort out a few problems and stop a lot of grief that the crew have to deal with instead of getting the aircraft away on time. For once I agree with O`Leary

AerRyan
28th Jul 2016, 21:51
Wait what? So parents didn't have to pay for seats until now???

racedo
28th Jul 2016, 22:29
Must admit find it strange as SWMBO when travelling with littlies knows to check in soon as its allowed.

Recently on a Easyjet flight booked late it wasn't possible but she was only 2 seats behind one of the littlies who apparently was quiet happy to chat with passengers on either side of him............... whether they wanted to or not :).

She was concerned though that someone had switched littlie, seat passengers came up and congratulated her after landing on having such a polite child, who was happy to and willing to have a conversation.
One said he learned quite a bit on what was best supercar.

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Jul 2016, 22:56
Border line slip backwards.

I agree with the principal of sitting together etc but I am sure there are ways other than charging.

Ametyst1
29th Jul 2016, 03:53
Ryanair starting a twice-weekly Liverpool to Marrakech service from 31st October operating every Monday and Friday.

flyingtincan
29th Jul 2016, 09:18
"I agree with the principal of sitting together etc but I am sure there are ways other than charging."

The answer is to go back to the (good?) old days and the scramble for seats. First on gets to sit together.

(Now it's first on gets to put luggage in the overhead - which may not be near your 'assigned' seat)

RAT 5
29th Jul 2016, 11:16
Oh for the joys of a proper national carrier at cheaper price than the competing LoCo.

HeartyMeatballs
29th Jul 2016, 11:39
Would this be a proper national carrier who charges for seats, doesn't release seats until 24 hour before take off for passengers who don't have status (leaving you with the rubbish that are left over) and who doesn't guarantee you will be sat with your children and encourages you to pay quite a lot of money, particularly on long haul flights just to be guaranteed seats together? Is this the same proper national carrier who doesn't make clear the seating charges until you've booked?

Do let me know. Just so that I can make sure we are talking about the same proper national carrier.

FRatSTN
29th Jul 2016, 12:12
HeartyMeatballs

You've made your distaste for Ryanair clear before. There's really not much point to your ranting of petty, rubbish and untrue facts!

HeartyMeatballs
29th Jul 2016, 12:25
Actually FRatSTN if you wound your neck in and actually read what wrote you'll see that I'm not actually 'ranting' about FR. The post previous to my 'rant' would appear to be anti FR and pro (what I assume to be) BA and I'm merely providing a balanced input to inform that BA and Ryanair have an almost identical policy when it comes to sitting families together.

For my own personal educational reasons do specific which points of mine exactly are 'untrue' and 'rubbish' and I will endeavour to improve my knowledge base.

RAT 5
29th Jul 2016, 12:39
Do let me know. Just so that I can make sure we are talking about the same proper national carrier.

Non-UK

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Jul 2016, 12:39
The answer is to go back to the (good?) old days and the scramble for seats. First on gets to sit together.

(Now it's first on gets to put luggage in the overhead - which may not be near your 'assigned' seat)

Software could fix the problem......

RAT 5
29th Jul 2016, 12:43
Software will not fix the problem that the overhead bins will not accommodate cabin approved bags at >75% of a/c seats. Considering many airlines trumpet they are averaging >90% load factor.

New LoCo competition to engage pax in their business model. Those who make the best suggestion for successful ways to add charges to the never ending list will receive free tickets for 12 months. I'm sure there will be some takers. Nowt so queer as folk who like to shoot themselves in both feet.

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Jul 2016, 12:45
Software will not fix the problem that the overhead bins will not accommodate cabin approved bags at >75% of a/c seats. Considering many airlines trumpet they are averaging >90% load factor.

Referring to parents and children sitting together.

RAT 5
29th Jul 2016, 12:48
Yes, I know, but I was having a chuckle.

sunday8pm
3rd Aug 2016, 14:32
MOL still spitting his dummy out because the vote didn't go his way? Shame. I'll just fly with a Ryanair competitor if they don't like the UK.

jfy1999
3rd Aug 2016, 16:50
New route:
Liverpool – Marrakech eff. 31OCT16 2 weekly (Day 15)

Following services convert from summer to year-round:
Liverpool – Bergerac 2 weekly
Liverpool – Las Palmas 1 weekly
Liverpool – Pisa 2 weekly
Liverpool – Porto 2 weekly
Liverpool – Szczecin 2 weekly

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/268256/ryanair-expands-liverpool-w16-network/

eu01
3rd Aug 2016, 18:10
The last two routes to Finland will be discontinued from end October.

davidjohnson6
3rd Aug 2016, 19:39
Still can't quite believe that neither Tampere nor Turku (or pretty much anywhere outside Helsinki) can support a meaningful LCC operation in Finland

Ametyst1
3rd Aug 2016, 19:49
Also, winter increases from Liverpool to Alicante and Malaga. In addition, Liverpool to Sofia is a new route for winter.

Lon12
5th Aug 2016, 20:35
Ryanair proposes to fly to 7 new destinations from Pescara (Italy)

-East Midlands
-Valencia
-Dublin
-Marseille
-Vilnius
-Warsaw
-Krakow

www.pescarapost.it/economia/voli-rotte-nuovi-ryanair-aeroporto-pescara-5-agosto/55472/

FA10
6th Aug 2016, 15:39
Ryanair proposes to fly to 7 new destinations from Pescara (Italy)

-East Midlands
-Valencia
-Dublin
-Marseille
-Vilnius
-Warsaw
-Krakow

Aeroporto d'Abruzzo, Ryanair rilancia e propone 7 nuove rotte: ecco quali - PescaraPost (http://www.pescarapost.it/economia/voli-rotte-nuovi-ryanair-aeroporto-pescara-5-agosto/55472/)

Interesting move, as the PSR base is due to be shut down with end of summer schedule!

jdcg
6th Aug 2016, 15:48
No. They've come to some agreement with the appropriate authorities and Pescara will stay open. Alghero and Crotone still up in the air though.

AirGuru
9th Aug 2016, 19:23
Rumours which someone seems to have started regarding FAO, GRO and AGP ex CWL. Any truth or complete bullsh*t ? My guess is the latter ...