PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair - 9

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

FRatSTN
16th Jan 2013, 16:26
New routes also from:

Bristol to Szczecin, from 30 April 2013
London-Stansted to Tallinn, from 1 April 2013 (will replace current London-Luton service)

Drive4it
16th Jan 2013, 18:29
Hi all,
Any idea when to expect FR flights for Winter 2013/14 to be on sale for ACE/LPA (or TFS at a push).

pee
17th Jan 2013, 08:12
Dreamliner grounding means a nightmare for Boeing
(The Guardian)
...and an opportunity for Ryanair? :rolleyes:

Jorik
17th Jan 2013, 11:41
MOL was in Santader on Tuesday, which was just a disappointing as the Maastricht press conference. Just pax statistics and routes already announced. It will be 17 routes this summer and MOL rejected all the rumours on a Santander base.

Ryanair operar este verano 17 rutas en el aeropuerto de Parayas . eldiariomontanes.es (http://www.eldiariomontanes.es/20130115/local/cantabria-general/ryanair-operara-este-verano-201301151648.html)

EI-BUD
17th Jan 2013, 12:46
London-Stansted to Tallinn, from 1 April 2012 (will replace current London-Luton service)

Didnt take FR long to move into this old and well established EZY territory, since they have transferred their flight down to Gatwick.

EI-BUD

eu01
17th Jan 2013, 15:07
From The Telegraph's travel news (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/9808993/Ryanairs-new-game.html) concerning Ryanair's new [play-as-you-book] Play & Win game.

Ryanair has unveiled a new ploy for parting travellers with their cash – a game offering passengers the chance to win back the cost of their flights.

Terms and conditions state that Ryanair guarantees at least three winners each week – and they will be informed “on the flight confirmation page”. Winners’ payments will be refunded within 10 weeks of the booking.

A spokesman was unable to confirm how many had taken part so far, or what the odds of being successful are, but he did supply details of the first winner: James McLaughlin from County Donegal, who he said won back his €676 booking.

Congratulations! Fortunately for Ryanair, their tickets are very cheap - or are they? :confused::=

BigFrank
17th Jan 2013, 21:00
Or to quote in full (but with my capitals) "ACI research confirms UP TO 1,000 ‘on-site’ jobs are sustained at international airports for every 1m passengers ."

This drivel was printed in the post at the bottom of the previous page, taken presumably direct from a Ryanair press release.

Do people actually get paid real money for writing guff like this?

Is it produced, I wonder, by the same tyro who claims that a 3% price reduction qualifies under the Advertising Standards Code as "UP TO 50% off" ?

racedo
17th Jan 2013, 21:59
Or to quote in full (but with my capitals) "ACI research confirms UP TO 1,000 ‘on-site’ jobs are sustained at international airports for every 1m passengers ."

This drivel was printed in the post at the bottom of the previous page, taken presumably direct from a Ryanair press release.

Do people actually get paid real money for writing guff like this?

Is it produced, I wonder, by the same tyro who claims that a 3% price reduction qualifies under the Advertising Standards Code as "UP TO 50% off" ?

You do know who ACI is ?

Airports Council International is the only global trade representative of the world’s airports. Established in 1991, ACI represents airports interests with Governments and international organizations such as ICAO, develops standards, policies and recommended practices for airports, and provides information and training opportunities to raise standards around the world. This section provides you with information on the structure and background of ACI.

BigFrank
17th Jan 2013, 22:28
It's not ACI for whom I added the caps (as they were used in the original Ryanair press release) but rather the weasel words "UP TO" which wholly vitiate the digits which follow.

GLuis103
17th Jan 2013, 22:58
Does anybody know about Ryanair opening a new base in Lisbon?A few days ago, a Ryanair plane came over with someone from the board I guess but I´m not sure what was that for.

dancava
18th Jan 2013, 00:43
How long have FR been charging £30 per sector for an infant to travel? I have a flight booked for the summer and was charged £20 approx in local currency, booked last year.
Is this a sly increase or was it publicly advertised?

On some flights for example STN to DUB the infant pays more than the adult if their is free online check-in. This cannot be right can it??? £60 return for an infant is a rip off imo.

FR-
18th Jan 2013, 07:55
£60 rnt for an infant is expensive, why not try another airline? Vote with your feet.

fr-

goldeneye
18th Jan 2013, 12:52
BA and VS charge infants 10% off the adult fare, so don't really think FR's charge is that unreasonable.

racedo
18th Jan 2013, 16:41
It's not ACI for whom I added the caps (as they were used in the original Ryanair press release) but rather the weasel words "UP TO" which wholly vitiate the digits which follow.

Dear oh dear

Until you can disprove that the Global Association for Airports worldwide is wrong then will believe their words.

Ryanair are quite within their rights to quote from them.

racedo
18th Jan 2013, 16:54
How long have FR been charging £30 per sector for an infant to travel? I have a flight booked for the summer and was charged £20 approx in local currency, booked last year.
Is this a sly increase or was it publicly advertised?

On some flights for example STN to DUB the infant pays more than the adult if their is free online check-in. This cannot be right can it??? £60 return for an infant is a rip off imo.

It has been that way for least 10 years, .

Would you be asking the question if you were paying £150 for the adult and £60 for the infant ?

Infant fare is the same irrespective of whether there is a promotional fare.

BigFrank
18th Jan 2013, 20:31
Dear oh dear oh dear, indeed.

OK,maybe the bigwigs of ACI did originally write that every 1m passengers creates "UP TO" a certain number of jobs but it is still meaningless gibberish from a statistical point of view.

Akin to claims that a 3% fare reduction can be described as "UP TO 50% reduction."

Based
18th Jan 2013, 21:36
OK,maybe the bigwigs of ACI did originally write that every 1m passengers creates "UP TO" a certain number of jobs but it is still meaningless gibberish from a statistical point of view.

You're not even joking are you? It can be argued whether its valid for Ryanair to quote it but its actually "from a statistical point of view" that this figure has been arrived at!

racedo
18th Jan 2013, 22:47
Dear oh dear oh dear, indeed.

Aside from another whinge because you don't like Ryanair, I think you need to take up the issue with ACI if you dislike the figures

ACI have stated something and that has been quoted and credited with it.

Here is a number of airports with jobs per million passengers, doesn't look the 1000 figure is that much off the mark.

LHR - 67 million Pax, 76,000 direct jobs, 166,000 indirect
LGW - 32 Million Pax, 28,000 direct, unknown indirect but given hotels and guest house employ 4,000 around Gatwwick its probably double that
MAN - 19 Million passengers, 19,000 directly employed and 42,500 sustained
SNN- 1.6 Million pax, 2000 employed, plus 500 direct offsite, no numbers on sustained
CDG - 61 million Pax, 87,000 directly employed

pottwiddler
19th Jan 2013, 07:55
This 1000 jobs per 1m pax is a fallacy, there are plenty of airports in this country with less than 1000people working direct/indirect at an airport with more than a 1m pax. It's the usual propangda spouted by RYR to say how wonderful they are in supporting local economies, whilst employing cheaper Eastern European trolley dollies.

BigFrank
19th Jan 2013, 10:20
Anything but!

The joker is the person who seized on a meaningless non-statistic and then wheeled it out as holy writ.(For exactly the spurious PR purposes mentioned in the last post.)

Step forward........

racedo
19th Jan 2013, 13:30
This 1000 jobs per 1m pax is a fallacy, there are plenty of airports in this country with less than 1000people working direct/indirect at an airport with more than a 1m pax. It's the usual propangda spouted by RYR to say how wonderful they are in supporting local economies, whilst employing cheaper Eastern European trolley dollies.

Then take the issue up with ACI then as its their published data.

And for the cheap nasty jibe at employing foreigners.....

Shows you haven't been in many UK airport recently........

racedo
19th Jan 2013, 13:32
The joker is the person who seized on a meaningless non-statistic and then wheeled it out as holy writ.(For exactly the spurious PR purposes mentioned in the last post.)

You are the one whinging that Ryanair are using a statement which they have attributed to ACI.

Failing to prove the data is incorrect you then find something else to whinge about.

ayroplain
20th Jan 2013, 10:43
Interesting article in the Independent today. Interesting not so much in what MOL is purported to have said (which we are used to) but that the Aviation Regulator is to face further questioning by the PAC.
Ryanair raps O'Leary for 'pathetic personal abuse' after branding aviation commissioner a 'village idiot' - National News - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ryanair-raps-oleary-for-pathetic-personal-abuse-after-branding-aviation-commissioner-a-village-idiot-3358001.html)

The SSK
21st Jan 2013, 08:38
Stansted - 18 million passengers, 10,000 jobs. Now we're getting warmer.

Jorik
22nd Jan 2013, 17:26
Press conferences today in Italy: Ciampino, Pisa and Bergamo
Most routes where already known.

NEW ROUTES from Milan Bergamo:

Milan Bergamo (BGY) - Knock (NOC)
Milan Bergamo (BGY) - Malta (MLA)
Milan Bergamo (BGY) - Kalamata (KLX)
Milan Bergamo (BGY) - Catania (CTA) (NEW AIRPORT)

NEW ROUTES from Rome Ciampino

Rome Ciampino (CIA) - Bremen (BRE)
Rome Ciampino (CIA) - Corfu (CFU)
Rome Ciampino (CIA) - Fez (FEZ)

NEW ROUTES from Pisa:

Pisa (PSA) - Targu Mures (TGM)
Pisa (PSA) - Leipzig (LEJ)
Pisa (PSA) - Nuremberg (NUE)
Pisa (PSA) - Warsaw Modlin (WMI)

eu01
23rd Jan 2013, 13:53
Interesting news unfolding right now(Reuters/Fox)Low-cost Irish airline Ryanair is closing in on a deal to buy at least 150 Boeing 737 passenger jets and the contract could be signed within weeks, industry sources said. Most or all of the planes would likely be current generation 737s rather than the upcoming Max upgrade, which would allow Ryanair to secure a significant discount on the list price, two of the sources said on Wednesday.
Read more here (http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2013/01/23/ryanair-closing-in-on-major-boeing-order-sources/).

dohouch
26th Jan 2013, 07:16
Surprised there hasn't been more talk about this, or maybe I missed it.

Used to be able to fly Dub>Mad for less than €40 return, and Dublin-Malaga for less than €50, I'm talking here about 2011. Now all I see are Madrid for €90+, and Malaga for €120+.

I know the Spanish have raised airport taxes, but that can't be the sole reason for such a hike in prices. I did fly Dublin-Tenerife in December for €140 return which is O.K. for a 4 1/2 hour flight, which compares well to what I paid 2 years ago(€110), cheap for 9 hours in the air.

Cheapest lights to Canaries increase by 30%, flights to Madrid, Malaga by 300%.

Does it have to do with having less aircraft in the air in winter months? then not having then to fill seats at very low prices.

FR-
28th Jan 2013, 07:51

RYANAIR REPORTS Q3 PROFIT OF €18M (UP 21%)
TRAFFIC UP 3%, AVG FARES UP 8% - F.Y. GUIDANCE RAISED TO €540M

Ryanair, Europe's only ultra-low cost carrier today (Jan 28) announced Q3 profits of €18m, up €3m on last year despite an €81m increase in fuel costs. Revenues rose 15% to €969m as traffic grew 3% to 17.3m passengers. Unit costs rose 11% mainly due to a 24% (€81m) increase in fuel. Excluding fuel Q3 unit costs rose by 4%, while avg. fares improved by 8%.

Outlook.
Our Q3 yields were boosted by stronger pre-Christmas bookings, while lower than expected operating costs delivered slightly better profits than forecast. However Q4 traffic (as previously guided) will drop by approx.400,000 passengers (-3%)below last year's Q4, due to our grounding up to 80 aircraft which limits the impact of high oil prices, high airport fees at Stansted and Dublin, and seasonally weaker Q4 demand. On the basis of this improved Q3 result, our capacity cuts and limited visibility over Easter bookings and yields, (although we have seen some yield softness in January), we now expect our full year profits to exceed our previous guidance (of €490m to €520m) and rise close to €540m, a 7% increase on last year's profits despite a 19% increase in our oil costs.

racedo
28th Jan 2013, 17:43
Good set of Interim results .............yet again.

ssflyer
29th Jan 2013, 07:58
Following on from post 528,I have just compared my last three years bookings with FR from BHX to GRO (Girona)
June flights,same week/day of week. Fare including luggage & PB.
June 2011 £178 return
June 2012 £207
June 2013 £272
FR have got us over a barrel( they have reduced the schedule to twice weekly) as there are no other airlines flying to GRO from BHX or local airports and Barcelona is 100 minutes from my final destination.
Forget fuel,taxes etc-this pricing is based on supply and demand.

ScotsSLF
29th Jan 2013, 08:23
It's not just FR that have us over a barrel. Just booked PIK - FAO with FR but only after comparing with EZY and JET2 from GLA. Paid just over £1100 for four of us but still around £200 cheaper than flying from GLA. The days of really cheap fares are gone - it is all about supply and demand.

The SSK
29th Jan 2013, 08:23
Used to be able to fly Dub>Mad for less than €40 return, and Dublin-Malaga for less than €50

Does it occur to you that these are stupidly low prices, unrelated to the true cost of operating the service? Someone, somewhere was cross-subsidising fares like that. Maybe that source of largesse is drying up.

insuindi
29th Jan 2013, 11:37
This was put down as a non-story in this thread earlier, but the German aviation authorities now have issued a bill (not a big issue financially at 450k Euro) to Ryanair for fees that Ryanair avoided through using a lighter weight category than appropriate for departure fees.

Other countries' authorities want to follow, avoided charges for Europe seems to be around 50m Euro according to several sites.

The SSK
29th Jan 2013, 12:25
This is not just underpayment by FR, because of the cost-recovery charging for ATM, every €50m avoided by FR results in an overpayment of €50m by everyone else. Try telling Lufthansa, for example, that their share of Germany's €450k (bit more than half?) is not a big issue, when it amounts to a cash transfer from their pocket to their competitor's.

insuindi
29th Jan 2013, 15:33
There are suggestions that Ryanair will announce FMO (Munster-Osnabruck, Germany) as a new destination this week.

EI-A330-300
29th Jan 2013, 15:46
Ryanair not ruling out appeal if Aer Lingus bid blocked - Irish, Business - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-not-ruling-out-appeal-if-aer-lingus-bid-blocked-3369031.html)

Ryanair described there performance out of DUB over the 12 weeks to end of December as "so so".

You can see why they are so desperate to take over Aer Lingus.

Bengt
30th Jan 2013, 04:16
Following on from post 528,I have just compared my last three years bookings with FR from BHX to GRO (Girona)
June flights,same week/day of week. Fare including luggage & PB.
June 2011 £178 return
June 2012 £207
June 2013 £272
I have noticed the same regarding flights to Barcelona from Sweden in June and July. Previous years I have paid between 140 and 220 incl 1 luggage for a return flight. This year it is between 330 and 420.
Quite a difference and Ryanair is now more expensive then Vueling. And Vueling flies from the real Stockholm airport.

AirGuru
30th Jan 2013, 08:32
In response to those who wish to fly to Spanish airports in the BHX region, CWL with Vueling is worth a look. BCN from £29.99 one way, and gives better access to the city than GRO.

lexoncd
30th Jan 2013, 08:48
Similarly when looking in to Summer and Mrs W popping here and there Easyjet are less than half the price of Ryanair into Bilbao compared to French destinations. Luggage, credit crad, admin, eu261, etc etc included. I was surprised myself at the difference and who had the lower fare...

AirGuru
30th Jan 2013, 09:03
Yes FR and EZY are way more expensive that VY.

Example,
VY
CWL-BCN-CWL - £84 (Including bags and seat selection)

FR (From BRS)
BRS-GRO-BRS - £216 (No bags, standard return fare)

EZY (From BRS)
BRS-BCN-BRS - £208 (No bags, standard return fare)

All include 10KG of take-on (Hand Luggage)

Seems unfortunate that the VY flights seem quite far down the yield curve, but you get the picture, a LOT cheaper than the alternative. Same probably applies for BHX !

alm1
30th Jan 2013, 10:07
Last time I was transiting BCN during those ubiquitous Spain national strikes all VY planes (tens of them) were parked and no flights operating. Only Ryanair were not on strike and flying. You get what you pay for. If you are cheap and do not pay for a reliable service like Ryanair provides you may not fly at all.

AirGuru
30th Jan 2013, 10:48
I do actually recall that strike and it was a general strike in Spain, so it wasnt just Vueling. Unfortunately being a Spanish airline, they are prone to that due to the state of the economy. But they provide a much better service than both FR and EZY in normal conditions.

pee
30th Jan 2013, 11:35
They have right to try to get as good (high) prices as possible and it seems that on some routes it's pretty easy to achieve (like on many routes from Finland as well). However, in order to keep the price level high, some frequency reductions became unavoidable. The consequence: pax numbers fall not only on these direct routes, but also self-made connections are often less convenient / unachievable. Formerly, regardless of Ryanair's underestimation of this phenomenon, self-made connections were an important by-product, nowadays it's by far less and less sensible option.

MerchantVenturer
30th Jan 2013, 11:57
AirGuru

I don't know which dates you are quoting but I've looked at the Ryanair booking engine for July and August and your £216 fare takes a bit of finding.

In these months the most expensive outbound (BRS-GRO) is shown as £115 and the highest inbound £112 but these are not typical.

Most of the one-way fares shown are in the range £55 to £90 for peak summer and it's possible on numerous dates to find 'return' fares of £150 or less, sometimes as low as £120 with a few even lower than that.

easyJet (they don't have a 10kg hand baggage allowance by the way - there is no weight restriction so long as the bags can be safely stored in and retrieved from the overhead lockers without assistance) is also typically much less expensive than the fare you quoted.

Ryanair (and easyJet) also offer greater flexibility in that they operate daily (2 x daily on some days).

CCFAIRPORT
30th Jan 2013, 18:00
NEW ROUTE

East Midlands Nottingham to Poznan Lawica

FRatSTN
30th Jan 2013, 18:34
I don't know what all this is about high fares.

EasyJet tend to start off expensive then get cheaper for a time before getting very expensive the closer you get to travelling.

Ryanair always starts off very expensive and get progressively cheaper generally speaking until about 2 months before travel. We usually book for July/August around March time when the prices are generally lower.

We're in late January now and already flights for a typical family holiday is getting reasonable. For Ryanair from Stansted, the base fares for 4 passengers in July for a week in Ibiza about £440, Corfu just over £800, Barcelona less than £400, Krakow about £410, the list goes on. None of those prices to me seem unreasonable or significantly higher than the same time last year and I think now they'll only get cheaper into the spring.

dancava
31st Jan 2013, 03:33
£30 per sector for an infant is a high fare to pay compared to most other low co plus you have to pay £10 carriage e/w for extra items of luggage. Some fares for an Adult are less than half that price at times which does not add up.

£20 per sector with Easyjet for example and no extra carriage charges for an extra item.

Luggage is also higher in charges for 20kg, excess baggage too.

I think Easyjets prebooked seats are cheaper too aren't they?

It all adds up!

FRying
31st Jan 2013, 06:33
For those of you who speak French :

Ryanair : la vie Low-Cost - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXO-GR9eFI&feature=youtu.be)

peacock1
31st Jan 2013, 09:39
this programme was on Irish TV last week, on TG4.

insuindi
31st Jan 2013, 10:12
Ryanair adds Munster-Osnabruck (FMO, Germany).

From 4JUN they will link FMO with GRO and AGP, both 3/7.

Jet Jockey A4
31st Jan 2013, 12:15
WOW!

This guy is still alive?

It is obvious that this company exploits its employees. In a way I feel sorry for those who have no choice but to work for rats like O’Leary... And to think he equates an airline pilot to a taxi driver... What an idiot!

He doesn’t think much about his airline too because he compares it to McDonald’s restaurants… Nice, I would really like to be compared to a fast food restaurant where quality is the last thing on their mind. If it smells like sh!t than it must be sh!t.

Not that I fly on commercial airlines a lot (not too may deadheads in my business) but I can tell you that I stay away from those types of operations when I do.

timmcat
31st Jan 2013, 12:16
And... they're off... :ugh:

jackharr
31st Jan 2013, 13:59
O’Leary... And to think he equates an airline pilot to a taxi driver...In the old days of Air UK we ran services to Amsterdam from many UK airports: Stansted, Norwich, Humberside, Leeds/Bradford, Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen - there were more but I can't remember them all nowadays.

At Amsterdam, the passengers would then connect with KLM's long-haul inter-continental flights. (And of course vice-versa on their return).

One wag in Air UK commented: “We are the taxi drivers who take the passengers to the airport”......and it sure felt like that at times.

I never thought I would find myself agreeing with O'Leary!

Hangar6
31st Jan 2013, 14:23
My sympathy is with Ducksie on this when (his nickname from our Jesuit education), too many regualtions and safety nets for customers can sometimes stymie a business.

Now Ducksie has deep pockets but this ruling is madness, and of course come airlines will be impacted more than others.

Still he was right to challenge the original ruling but I do believe if youpay a really low fare then maybe you should take the extra ordinary events that can happen and not seek financial redress for a short extra week or two in the destiantion of your own choice,I mean bosses understood your delay backto work ? maybe as citezens we are getting too molly coddled....

Ah well always good to read any FR thread , :oh:

Jet Jockey A4
31st Jan 2013, 14:36
Yes, yes, pilots merely bring people from point A to point B much like a taxi or bus driver but there is a big difference in the equipment we operate.

The level of studying both in theory and practice, the level of experience acquired over many years in perfecting your craft (stick and rudder) from the smaller aircrafts to the bigger ones does not compare in any way to someone that goes out to be a taxi driver.

The expertise in knowing your machine and its systems, of going to refresher courses every 6 months plus simulator training and then qualification rides every year or two depending on the company, and putting your license on the line every time and consequently your livelihood, the fact that one much be in relatively good shape and pass medicals every 6 months in no way compares to a taxi or bus driver.

And to be told by some jacka$$ that we are like taxi drivers… I don’t think so.

And yes I think pilots should get the big bucks too!

Transportraition
31st Jan 2013, 20:09
To Jet Jockey A4

I'm typing this while trying to stop myself from laughing at your posts ! - going into all that detail in comparing pilots to taxi drivers ! Now we all know the differences, why don't you just drive along to the pages of another airline on PPRuNe and promote some more of your humour. Bye bye.

Jet Jockey A4
31st Jan 2013, 20:18
Of course you are entitled to your opinion sir and I'm glad you are having so much fun laughing but no worries because I left the airline world a while back and have been working for better people ever since.

turbroprop
1st Feb 2013, 00:32
Hello JET J

Have you moved on to drive a black cab or some other limo?

Jet Jockey A4
1st Feb 2013, 00:40
I have indeed but it is white with a red trim and goes very fast and far. :-)

DublinPole
1st Feb 2013, 09:52
All flights to Warsaw Modlin to operate to Warsaw Chopin until the end of March due to runway closure.

Would be surprised if Modlin opens before the end of April.

pee
1st Feb 2013, 13:18
I wonder they are so silent and aren't rebelling having to fly to much more expensive WAW. Possibly as the opportunity to tease Lot Polish Airlines is even more perfect? :rolleyes:

racedo
1st Feb 2013, 18:47
All flights to Warsaw Modlin to operate to Warsaw Chopin until the end of March due to runway closure.

Would be surprised if Modlin opens before the end of April.

22 Dec - 30 Mar - Runway Closure - Warsaw Modlin Ryanair was? (http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/gops/121222-init_WMI_runwaycls-GB)

Er that was news 6 weeks ago.................

Transportraition
1st Feb 2013, 19:21
Hello racedo - the page on the link you have given gets updated every time there is an extension to the closure. I booked several flights to Modlin for January and February and each time there is an extension I get an e-mail. The one for March 30th arrived this afternoon.

DublinPole
1st Feb 2013, 19:47
It was updated this morning to the 30th March, originally it was 12th February.

Transportraition
1st Feb 2013, 19:53
DublinPole - I think that February 12th was an update - the original was to some date in January.

Jorik
1st Feb 2013, 21:56
I'm going to Warsaw for a weekend in March. Returnflight for €8.00 from Eindhoven, not bad :) Got updated twice. First a change of departure time from 11.15 to 11.50 for the flight Warsaw-Eindhoven (Good news, longer in bed) and the second update was on the move to Chopin Airport (much more convenient airport)

I'm pretty happy with Modlin's problems :D

j636
4th Feb 2013, 17:28
The Sunday Business Post (http://www.businesspost.ie/#!story/Home/News/Ryanair+offers+Flybe+%E2%82%AC100m+to+take+Aer+Lingus+routes/id/19410615-5218-510f-f83a-7a0dd2522097)

100 million to Flybe to operate 43 EI routes
BA not getting LHR slots because Irish Gov can block that but will operate DUB/ORK/SNN-LGW instead. FR need 75% of EI to allow BA operate LHR slots.

Talk about being desperate...

pee
5th Feb 2013, 08:07
Well, it's very natural that the Irish market is so important for MOL, he is Irish himself. I think however that he uses too much energy and resources focusing on his country. Keeping Ireland so high among the priorities, winning these local battles (let's presume it happens) he could weaken his "striking power" elsewhere in Europe.... :rolleyes:. The Achilles heel in some way?

sunday8pm
5th Feb 2013, 09:00
So when MOL does finally get his hands on EI long-haul what do you think he's going to do with it?

Hangar6
5th Feb 2013, 11:16
MOL did say he would base the fleet in Brussels , his hub...

Mind u MOL says a great deal

j636
5th Feb 2013, 14:26
The EU have turned up the heat on FR. The boards of FR, BE and BA have until close of business today to approve there part in the bid. Had being Thursday.

Vxracing16
5th Feb 2013, 17:09
Ryanair announced today that passenger numbers have dropped by 50,000 in Janaury (1%).

The load factor is the same though, at 71%.

Ryanair Jan Traffic Falls By 50,000 Pax (-1%) (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-jan-traffic-falls-by-50000-pax-1-percent)

DublinPole
7th Feb 2013, 20:34
New Airport - Ostrava
London Stansted first route.

EI-BUD
7th Feb 2013, 22:13
The EU have turned up the heat on FR. The boards of FR, BE and BA have until
close of business today to approve there part in the bid. Had being
Thursday.

The suggestion that the EU are engaging like this gives a hint it is not an outright no, but 'subject to' and that is very concerning....

racedo
7th Feb 2013, 22:36
The suggestion that the EU are engaging like this gives a hint it is not an outright no, but 'subject to' and that is very concerning....

IF it was a clear outright No then I believe the decision would already have happened and been communicated............its neither at the moment.

Problem the EU will be faced with is that a No will be challenged in the courts.

Ryanair I believe will state that they have again and again met conditions asked of them and that will give EU a problem.

If EU says No, even after everything Ryanair have offered, then a clear danger that a court will find that the EU has never been acting in good faith. This could get really expensive if a court found against EU because then would expect a lot of damages.

EI-A330-300
11th Feb 2013, 18:12
Ryanair To Increase EU261 Compensation Levy To ?2.50 Following? (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-to-increase-eu261-compensation-levy-to-2-50-euro-following-eu-court-ruling)

They eared 120 million last year with the charge.

mikkie4
11th Feb 2013, 20:03
how much compensation did they pay out?

Laasjet
11th Feb 2013, 20:14
I believe that it was 27 million; so a nice little earner.

mikkie4
11th Feb 2013, 20:21
pure greed!!!! plenty of worthwile causes out there,give a percentage to a charity

RAT 5
11th Feb 2013, 20:52
They earned 120 million last year with the charge.

At €2/pax & 75m pax = €150m. RYR is a money printing business. At will they can add another €37m to annual income. They vibrate madly about any government pax increases yet Irish hypocrisy is alive and well. As has been said it is only €0.70/pax to give the crews an inflation recovering (last 5 years) pay rise, yet that is considered unworthy. Priorities are evident.

Cyrano
11th Feb 2013, 22:21
Irish hypocrisy is alive and well.
Steady on old chap, Ryanair are as hypocritical as they come, but don't use that to tar an entire nation with the same brush. :rolleyes:

DublinPole
11th Feb 2013, 22:37
At €2/pax & 75m pax = €150m

Incorrect. A lot of special offer fares don't have the levy included in them.

RAT 5
12th Feb 2013, 08:41
Cyrano: I apologise profusely. You are quite correct. Some of my best friends are from the emerald isle.

EI-A330-300
12th Feb 2013, 11:53
Ryanair To Appeal Any EU Prohibition (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-to-appeal-any-eu-prohibition)

eu01
12th Feb 2013, 19:01
Just published by The Nationalist (http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/2013/02/12/ryanair-secures-order-to-reveal-details-of-anonymous-web-posters/)
Ryanair has secured a High Court order compelling eircom to disclose the identities of two anonymous parties who have been making posts about it on a pilot's website which the airline says is "highly defamatory".

The airline claims the false material that has been posted on the PPRuNe website, known as the Professional Pilots Rumour Network, by two anonymous parties using the pseudonyms 'ASFKAP' and 'Built4Speed' impugnes Ryanair's excellent safety record.

Ryanair sought the orders because it intends to sue the two parties, who investigations undertaken on the airline's behalf show have IP addresses from the eircom pool of subscribers, in order to vindicate its good name.

The orders were granted today by Mr Justice Paul Gilligan.

Under the terms of the orders, eircom must disclose to Ryanair all information, excluding emails, which assists in identifying the parties assigned the IP addresses where the allegedly defamatory posts came from.

The disclosure of the IP address relates only to the relevant time, date and time zones of the allegedly defamatory posts.Just try to recall whatever critical you may have written in the past... :oh:

j636
14th Feb 2013, 16:31
FR moving HQ by end of 2013,

Ryanair relocating Irish operations to new Swords office building - Business - Business | Ireland's online business and management news service - Businessandleadership.com (http://www.businessandleadership.com/business/item/39649-ryanair-relocating-irish-op)

Laasjet
14th Feb 2013, 18:22
Hope they leave room for the legal department.

Do we assume that American, the WORLDS LARGEST AIRLINE, will be relocating to Swords then?

davidjohnson6
16th Feb 2013, 11:56
Anyone know why the Charleroi-Valladolid and Stansted-Valladolid routes seem to have been dropped effective 4th and 5th March respectively ?
Yes, I can guess that marketing support and the Spanish economy might have been a factor, but a little more insight would be of interest...

On a separate point, I've noticed that the Captcha pieces of text have recently become rather less random. The phrases "unbeatable prices" and "ryanair talk" regularly occur as the solution to the Captchas. Gotta applaud someone for their efforts at consitently staying "on message"

Jorik
16th Feb 2013, 12:16
Google Translate translation from Spanish news report:

Ryanair announced today that as of March 3 canceled its routes from Valladolid airport to Brussels and London. This change in programming is produced, according to the airline, the Board's decision not to renew the trade agreement he had with the company. Thus, the basis of Villanubla and aerodromes of Castile and Leon, will be without any international link.

In turn, the company reported that the three domestic routes from Valladolid to Barcelona and Malaga and Lanzarote, which take place in the summer season, will not be affected and will continue to operate normally. However, on the website of the airline can still buy tickets on Monday 4 March to Brussels route for Saturday March 5 for London.

The airline said in a statement criticized the Board since held that "has threatened the jobs of airport employees, the livelihood of the local business community and the tourism industry with its decision not to renew his contract." In turn, said that "now has no choice" to terminate with immediate effect all international flights at the airport of Valladolid.

According to the company, since it began flying to Valladolid in 2003 has carried nearly two million passengers. "Today is a sad day for Valladolid, one day you will have a very negative impact on the local industry and tourism Community. Competitive rates guaranteed no fuel surcharge Ryanair has generated huge revenues to the local economy, in addition to having carried nearly two million passengers since 2003, travelers now lost and go to other airports, "concluded Vice Ryanair Michael Cawley.

With changes in Ryanair flights, the airports of Castile and Leon just now have flights to Barcelona, ​​except the Lion, which will have a weekly service to Tenerife from 29 March to 13 September. For now, they will be added only from April connections to Lanzarote and Malaga.

NRU74
21st Feb 2013, 09:05
Does anyone have any info as to whether Ryanair are flying Man>Nic this Summer?
Altho' their website shows it as one of their routes, it only shows flights on 11th and 15th March -and has done for the last three months.

pee
21st Feb 2013, 14:12
Ryanair's cuts in Spain continue. The aim is to reduce the traffic due to raising airport charges, over 5 million pax per year less as a result. Among else, all routes to Bilbao and Asturias will be cancelled.

What about the passengers who booked already? Well, Ryanair never really thought about such a "minor issue", as I recall.

WallyWumpus
21st Feb 2013, 15:41
Pee. All pax get a full refund, not a penny will be lost.

FRatSTN
21st Feb 2013, 15:46
Quite correct. If they cancel your flight, they give you a full refund. Even if they re-schedule your flight by more than 3 hours if I remember correctly, you can get a refund.

RAT 5
22nd Feb 2013, 08:52
Is that refund every penny you gave to RYR? Does it include all the add on charges, some optional some not, or is it just the 'ticket' price? Is there any admin deduction? How do you claim the refund? Is it via a high charge premium phone line or post? E-mail seems impossible.

insuindi
22nd Feb 2013, 09:23
@RAT 5 - In my experience, once Ryanair has advised you by email that your flight has been cancelled, you'll have a number of clickable options in their email, to either re-book elsewhere (if any suitable alternative routes exist), or a straight refund. Which comes through reasonably speedy. Ryanair (anyone really) cannot levy charges for refunding money for a contracted service that it will not be able to deliver.

So the issue for the passengeres is not getting the full Ryanair money back, but to get alternative flights booked to their destination, which may be far more expensive. If you then already have made non-refundable hotel bookings, car rentals, onward transportation cost timed to connect to the original Ryanair flight etc... that's entirely your risk unles you've insured well.

Facelookbovvered
22nd Feb 2013, 10:20
I think it illustrates just how marginal some of these routes are and level of dependancy of subsidy from regional funds.

Travel insurance for this type of cancellation is not easy to come by.

Many website for hotels such as Expedia will often have free cancellation up to 24 hours before the flight, ditto some car hire firms, likewise airport parking with the likes of LGW & LHR of course the very cheapest of deals are buy now no changes or refund, you get what you pay for

This is one of the reasons for the recent growth of all inclusive holidays and why Jet2 have done very well out of it.

Jamie2k9
23rd Feb 2013, 01:59
Ryanair's cuts in Spain continue. The aim is to reduce the traffic due to raising airport charges, over 5 million pax per year less as a result. Among else, all routes to Bilbao and Asturias will be cancelled.

Would take the estimated drop in pax with a pinch of salt as they will have 10% increase in weekly flights at REU for the summer.

Does anyone have any info as to whether Ryanair are flying Man>Nic this Summer?
Altho' their website shows it as one of their routes, it only shows flights on 11th and 15th March -and has done for the last three months.

Only operating for those dates.

Ringwayman
23rd Feb 2013, 08:36
Ryanair's Nice flight (http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/412381-ryanair-s-mipim-flight-unveiled.html) is actually tied in with a property convention.

Heathrow Cargo
24th Feb 2013, 10:44
'Ryanair, you just screwed everything': What Dublin Airport flight controller told airline after plane forced jets to abort landing | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283617/Ryanair-just-screwed-What-Dublin-Airport-flight-controller-told-airline-plane-forced-jets-abort-landing.html)

I'm sure the incoming pilots would have seen the aircraft coming down the runway and gone around anyway.

BUT, one comment interested me:

Ryanair landings are the worst.. I have landed in airports (including Dublin) so hard that the luggage compartments have opened. Once my toddler screamed "We've crashed" and it did indeed seem that way.. BA and other airlines do not land like that.

I've heard this said before but having travelled on Ryanair many times I don't believe it and can't accept that pilot's of one airline would land any differently from those of another. I'd be interested in the opinion of experts.

Icelanta
24th Feb 2013, 11:00
I would not jump to conclusions here...
Dublin ATC and the airport layout can be confusing, their Irish accent very difficult to understand actually.
On the other hand, a backtrack does need to be approved...

Just some more anti FR bashing, I am not a fan at all of FR, but we have to be objective as PROFESSIONALS, which the general public is not.

CARR30
24th Feb 2013, 11:06
Just stick "ryanair heavy landings" in the search box. This really has been done to death on here.

On the other hand, if the Daily Mail has picked it up as a problem what do the experts know?....:ugh:

Icelanta
24th Feb 2013, 11:15
Where is the Ryanair thread that was started here about 30 min. Ago?!

I truly hope that Pprune is NOT deleting any thread regarding FR ops., incidents or accidents.:ugh::rolleyes:

deptrai
24th Feb 2013, 11:26
I am not a RYR fanboy in any way, and there is a long list of issues about RYR that deserve to be discussed, but I don't think "hard landings" one of them. A landing can be perceived as "soft" if the runway is wet (or otherwise contaminated), and the wheels spin up more slowly. Similarly, hydroplaning could be felt as a very "smooth landing" (until the aircraft skids off the runway that is :}). How "soft" or "hard" the landing is, is highly subjective, and while pilots will try take passengers subjective experience into account whenever possible, there are many important variables that need be considered to achieve a safe and successful landing. Sometimes, conditions call for a firm landing - well within the design limits of the aircraft (even though that may be marginally outside a particular toddlers subjective comfort zone). In summary, I think you're right, accusing RYR of "hard landings" is a non-issue.

Aldente
25th Feb 2013, 07:41
Oh dear!

'Ryanair, you just screwed everything': What Dublin Airport flight controller told airline after plane forced jets to abort landing | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283617/Ryanair-just-screwed-What-Dublin-Airport-flight-controller-told-airline-plane-forced-jets-abort-landing.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

Begs the question as to why they used so much runway and then "braked hard" (on a long runway) in the first place?!

TURIN
25th Feb 2013, 07:44
That link doesn't work.

Aldente
25th Feb 2013, 07:46
Whoops - finger trouble , try again.

Aldente
25th Feb 2013, 08:01
Runway chart here. What was wrong with using the last exit at the runway end? Was it Notam'd as unavailable that day?

http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/iaip/Published%20Files/AIP%20Files/AD/Chart%20Files/EIDW/EI_AD_2_EIDW_24-1_en.pdf

Dry wretched thunder
25th Feb 2013, 09:27
So the Daily Fail has suddenly become credible now........bit of double standards me thinks !!

PENKO
25th Feb 2013, 09:43
How did they miss the two (!) high speed exits at the last quarter of a 2637m runway?!:E

Aldente
25th Feb 2013, 09:47
Are you suggesting that as it appeared in the Daily Mail this major display of poor airmanship didn't happen then ?

737Jock
25th Feb 2013, 09:51
Bit weird of the controller as well not to allow them to vacate E7. There are gates(generally speaking) that require a sharper turn to park.

Anyway I imagine they had briefed for one of the highspeed exits, maybe too focussed?

Aldente
25th Feb 2013, 10:06
If you miss the last rapid exit taxiway (we've all done it!) you "keep the speed up and vacate at the end" Especially important if you've braked heavily and only just missed it! Good airmanship that should be covered in basic line training. Very poor judgement shown by the Capt here ......

despegue
25th Feb 2013, 10:08
Why wouldn't they be able to exit E7 after the backtrack? More than enough space to turn, Easiest had been to taxi to the end and exit there unless WIP on B7.

To be fair here, I do not have an extremely high regard of Dublin ATC, especially not tower and ground. terrible accents, complicated clearances and sometimes unclear instructions.

Do not jump to conclusions against FR here.

I'm Off!
25th Feb 2013, 10:09
Maybe they landed longer/faster than briefed or expected? Maybe in a hurry? Not accusing anyone of anything, just another possibility...

Agaricus bisporus
25th Feb 2013, 10:25
On the face of it a very surprising manoeuvre, one has to wonder what the skipper was thinking of but not at all impressed with the standard and content (ie professionalism) of RT as published here - "one of your company a/c has performed a 180 and really screwed things up" is surely a complete no-no? Very poor form regardless of the provocation.
And whats all this about a runway inspection? Was one due anyway or is there a connection with the incident? That's not at all clear.

Yep, the thought police have binned this tread to where no one will ever find it. I so love this spineless cowering pprune these days. not. Does Ryanair have some control over this forum or something? Are they part-owners perhaps - because they're acting like it.

edit. No, just managed to make the taxi chart link above work. An utterly inexplicable manoeuvre. Totally baffling.

And just for the record, a well reported incident from the DM!!!

Sober Lark
25th Feb 2013, 13:54
(a) does an unauthorised 180 (b) asks what happened (c) expressed frustration. All three can expect a visit from the authorities but not because of the Irish Daily Mail.

flyingtincan
25th Feb 2013, 18:43
According to the Aerodrome Chart, 'Taxiway E6 is the only rapid exit taxiway at Dublin airport.' Was this a factor?

Tipsy Barossa
26th Feb 2013, 19:17
Landings aborted as plane u-turns on runway

An investigation is underway after a Ryanair jet performed a u-turn on a runway that put it in the path of other planes about to land.
According to the Ireland’s Mail on Sunday newspaper, a Ryanair plane arriving in Dublin from London Stansted on February 15 missed its exit, made a 180-degree turn and then taxied back the way it had come.
Other flights had to abort their landings or fly in a holding pattern until the runway was officially cleared.
The paper claims audio from the air traffic control tower reveals pilots say they had needed to “brake hard” on landing.
The flight crew had been instructed to vacate the runway – a direction that was acknowledged, before the jet made a u-turn.
A shocked controller asks: “227, have you made a 180?” to which the response was “affirm”.
The controller immediately warned an incoming Aer Lingus flight to “go around”.
After the incident, another Ryanair pilot in the airspace at the time asked the control tower: “What was wrong with the runway?”
He was told: “Well what happened was one of your company aircraft landed on runway 28, appeared to be going to the very end of the runway and just before they got to Bravo 7 [a runway exit], they made a 180 degree turn which, eh, just screwed everything.”
The Irish Aviation Authority is investigating the incident.
“There were other aircraft on approach to land on this runway, which were being monitored by air traffic control and as the other aircraft was still on the runway these aircraft were instructed to perform a missed approach,” a statement reads.
The runway had to be inspected before operations could resume.
Ryanair says it is cooperating with the enquiry.

letterman112
27th Feb 2013, 08:51
According german newspapers:

BRE-DUB will be restarted after years with 3/7 this summer.

Source: Ryanair wächst weiter - Bremen Wirtschaft - WESER-KURIER (http://www.weser-kurier.de/bremen/wirtschaft2_artikel,-Ryanair-waechst-weiter-_arid,510570.html)

Tom the Tenor
27th Feb 2013, 10:46
Aldente, may I ask if there any chance that you could post a link to the aerodrome chart at Cork, please? I have tried other links before and I could never open the link for one reason or another. As you can guess Cork is not that big and I know the airfield pretty well anyway but, still, I should like to have a copy with me anyway.

Thanks very much and kind regards from Cork.

fivejuliet
27th Feb 2013, 11:49
Assuming its the aerodrome chart you're after- http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/iaip/Published%20Files/AIP%20Files/AD/Chart%20Files/EICK/EI_AD_2_EICK_24-1_en.pdf

fireflybob
27th Feb 2013, 12:06
EU blocks Ryanair takeover deal for Aer Lingus (http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/0227/369828-eu-blocks-ryanair-takeover-deal-for-aer-lingus/)

The European Union's competition has said it is blocking Ryanair's renewed bid to take over Aer Lingus.

The EU Commission said the merger would harm consumers by creating a dominant company on 46 routes where the carriers are currently competing.

Ryanair said it will appeal the ruling, decrying it as a "political decision" bowing to the interests of the Government. The Government, which holds a 25% stake in Aer Lingus, opposes the takeover bid.

Ryanair, Aer Lingus' biggest shareholder with a 30% stake, first tried to take over Aer Lingus in 2006 but was blocked by the EU Commission.

Ryanair argues the European airline industry is changing rapidly, with regional carriers failing and larger ones merging.

Today's decision was expected after Ryanair said earlier this month the EU Commission had told it of its intention to block the €694m bid to win control of Aer Lingus.

Today's decision was expected after Ryanair said earlier this month the EU Commission had told it of its intention to block the €694m bid to win control of Aer Lingus.

The veto, which is the first time the Commission has twice rejected a proposed takeover, was expected to force Ryanair chief Michael O'Leary to decide whether to finally set its smaller rival free by selling its 30% stake.

But by following through on a threat to try to be the first company in a decade to overturn an EU anti-monopoly decision, Ryanair could tie up the stake for years and stymie the Government's efforts to offload its own 25% holding.

"We believe that we have strong grounds for appealing and overturning this politically-inspired prohibition," a Ryanair spokesman said in a statement.

"We regret that this prohibition is manifestly motivated by narrow political interests rather than competition concerns. Accordingly, Ryanair has instructed its legal advisers to prepare a comprehensive appeal,'' the statement added.

"The Commission's decision protects more than 11 million Irish and European passengers who travel each year to and from Dublin, Cork, Knock and Shannon. For them, the acquisition of Aer Lingus by Ryanair would have most likely led to higher fares," Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia said.

Aer Lingus chief executive Christoph Mueller said it had been Aer Lingus' position from the outset that the offer "should never have been made".

“The series of inadequate remedy offers presented by Ryanair only underlines the view that Ryanair made its offer without any reasonable belief that it could obtain clearance,” he said.

The bid, described by Ryanair as its third and final effort to takeover its rival, included ceding 43 routes to a newly created Irish subsidiary of British airline Flybe and handing to British Airways the routes Aer Lingus operates from London's Gatwick Airport.

The Commission blocked Ryanair's first attempt to take over Aer Lingus in 2007 and Ryanair dropped its second in 2009.

EI-A330-300
27th Feb 2013, 17:42
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/new-dublin-route-to-Bremen

Confirmed.

flyOU
27th Feb 2013, 20:29
new routes from TRF to ZAD and BCN

BEagle
27th Feb 2013, 22:15
Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said:

"Ryanair regrets that the EU Commission has again failed to apply its own competition rules and precedents in a fair and dispassionate manner. We regret that this prohibition is manifestly motivated by narrow political interests rather than competition concerns and we believe that we have strong grounds for appealing and overturning this politically-inspired prohibition. Accordingly, Ryanair has instructed its legal advisers to prepare a comprehensive appeal against this manifestly unjust prohibition.”

Hardly a statement likely to endear Ryanair to the EC, I would have thought?

CCFAIRPORT
28th Feb 2013, 13:29
new routes from TRF to ZAD and BCN

Not to BCN but to GRO

Epsomdog
28th Feb 2013, 14:43
The only certain winners in a FR-EU law suite will be the lawyers. I bet they're telling MOL to go for it;)

DublinPole
28th Feb 2013, 16:02
FERROVIAL/BAA HIKES STANSTED FEES BY 6% FROM APRIL 2013 IN A PARTING GIFT TO MANCHESTER AIRPORT GROUP & A PARTING SLAP TO STANSTED’S AIRLINES & PASSENGERS Ferrovial/Baa Hikes Stansted Fees By 6% From April 2013 In A? (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ferrovial-baa-hikes-stansted-fees-by-6-percent-from-april-2013-in-a-parting-gift-to-manchester-airport-group-and-a-parting-slap-to-stansted-s-airlines-and-passengers)

ScotsSLF
28th Feb 2013, 17:36
"Transit refuge camp"? Wht a lot of nonsense. I am sitting at Stansted as I type. The passengers are a healthy mix of families, business people, school groups, couples and individual tourists. This mix is not that different to what you encounter at LTN or LGW. I did not see one person repacking on my way through and I even got through security in less than 10minutes (which is not the norm I may add!) . In my view, given I travel through all three fairly regularly the passenger experience at STN is on a par with LGW and actually feels better than at LTN.

Tom the Tenor
28th Feb 2013, 17:56
Fivejuliet, thank you for posting the link to the Cork Aerodrome chart. Much appreciated :ok:

SNNFlyer
28th Feb 2013, 21:01
I'm currently searching for cheap flights on ryanair.com, and on two occasions the 'security check' verification words were 'ryanairhotels' and 'travel insurance', respectively. Before, these words were most often random words I had never heard of. Is this a Ryanair attemp to plant subliminal messages in our minds to boost sales? Perhaps it's just my cynical mind... ;)

lexoncd
1st Mar 2013, 10:48
Somewhat amused at Ryanair complaining about a 6% increase at Stansted when they have recently increased the EU261 levy from €2 to €2.50 some 25% Baggage increased from €20 to €25 again 25% increase not to mention the administration booking fee of €6 and the credit card surcharge of 2%.....

I think Ryanair could develop further if they now realised that the additional ancillary charges are increasingly counter productive.

Imagine a Ryanair along the lines of the price you see is the price you pay.....If/when MOL goes it may happen and then I would imagine their competitors would worry....

Similarly Ryanair cancelled just three flights last August which is excellent and nothing in the scale of things and I'm sure far lower than Joe Public believes, but I think the fear that the public sometimes have is that you could be left stranded etc etc...now imagine if they adopted a positive angle to this along the lines of we will take care of you one way or another then I'm sure that this approach would gain them far more business than any incurred costs...

Hangar6
1st Mar 2013, 13:32
Agreed somehow an outstanding success story that is FR is reduced to almost weekly negative publicity by its CEO !! Why aren't the Board looking around FR a replacement?

EI-A330-300
1st Mar 2013, 13:39
The CAA have responded to FR and they say BAA are within the 2013 cap. Charges will be £7.65 and the cap is £7.68. It is now more expensive than DUB per passenger. Soon we will see FR being positive about charges at DUB.:E

Laasjet
1st Mar 2013, 18:30
There comes a time when some CEO's pass their "sell by date".

In the case of FR that time has surely come. His rantings are catching up with him and it is difficulty, after his Aer Lingus defeat, to take him seriously.

Come on FR if you want respect, tip him over the side to play with his horses and get someone with, at least a bit, of professionalism.

Not sure about casting around in FR for a replacement since, they too, will probably have been infected.

racedo
1st Mar 2013, 20:28
Lassjet

Yeah whatever........................:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ug h:

davidjohnson6
1st Mar 2013, 21:00
When a company and its CEO are very strongly linked and the CEO is a major shareholder, it is common that the CEO hates the idea if stepping down. Something typically needs to go very wrong with the company before the board do something.

PAXboy
2nd Mar 2013, 11:23
SNNFlyer
the 'security check' verification words were 'ryanairhotels' and 'travel insurance', respectively.
Sounds like a smart marketing move. Another 'well done' to FR.

lexoncd
I think Ryanair could develop further if they now realised that the additional ancillary charges are increasingly counter productive.
As far as the bank balance is concerned - they are not.

Hangar6
Why aren't the Board looking around FR a replacement?
As far as the bank balance is concerned - they do not have to.

davidjohnson6
When a company and its CEO are very strongly linked and the CEO is a major shareholder, it is common that the CEO hates the idea if stepping down. Something typically needs to go very wrong with the company before the board do something.Correct! Anyone who thinks that MoL is leaving any time soon is still living in the last century.

Surreyman
2nd Mar 2013, 15:51
MOL in the past has talked of eventually stepping down and letting a more 'service focused person' take over.
Even allowing for MOLs tongue in cheek and often provocative statements, he probably realises that one day Ryan Air needs to become a 'nicer company'.
It is arguable that the current dire state of most European economies probably favours MOLs 'Attila the Hun' approach to business at the moment.
An aggressive strategy is probably the right way to go for the next few years wiping out smaller airlines, until such time as the economy improves, then moving towards an easyjet style of higher standards.

compton3bravo
2nd Mar 2013, 15:52
An article in International Business Times website regarding the proposed 9 per cent cut in flights at London Stansted includes a photo of a Ryanair 737 after losing its left undercarriage on landing. The caption underneath reads ´´A Ryanair jet reclines on the tarmac´´;)

paparomeodelta
4th Mar 2013, 12:44
I am not a FR basher, but interested in reactions from an operational point of view:

somewhat edited google translate from: Flygplan från Ryanair körde mot trafiken | Res | Allt Om Resor Resetips Reseguider Tips om din nästa resa | Expressen Allt Om Resor (http://www.expressen.se/res/flygplan-fran-ryanair-korde-mot-trafiken/)

Aircraft from Ryanair taxied against traffic

A Ryanair plane created some panic in the air traffic control tower , after a 180 turn started to taxi on the runway.
Now investigated the incident by the Aviation Authority, said VG.no.

The alarm came on February 15 when Ryanair aircraft from London Stansted landed at Dublin airport.
When the plane was at the end of the runway after landing turned suddenly to 180 degrees and started rolling back the same way it just arrived.
The pilot never veered off the runway and onto the so-called taxiway, as the rules say that the pilot must do.
In the air, several other flights that would land, and air traffic control tower was quickly notify the pilots to immediately stop the approaches and take an extra lap in the air over the airport, writes Norwegian VG.no.
One of the planes was forced to abort the approach, was another Ryanair planes. One of the pilots called the flight tower and asked what was going on. According to the Daily Mail, who heard the call, said flight control tower that there was another Ryanair plane was "uh, screwed everything ...".
Admits mistakes
There are indications that the aircraft missed an exit. At smaller airports, it is not uncommon for aircraft making a u-turn at the end of the runway and then rolls back towards the terminal building, the same way it came from. But at the busiest airports, like the one in Dublin, the plane roll off the track as soon as it has slowed.
Irish Aviation Authority, IAA is concerned about the incident and says it is now under investigation.
Ryanair admits that a mistake has been made in Dublin on 15 February, but the company currently has no further comments.

PURPLE PITOT
4th Mar 2013, 12:54
They don't "have" to do anything. They will do what suits them, not you.

lomapaseo
4th Mar 2013, 12:58
The report seems to say enough.

I can't for the life of me figure out what more has to be said unless useless what-if speculations

zero1
4th Mar 2013, 13:15
So an un approved back track then...

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
4th Mar 2013, 13:22
<<A Ryanair plane created some panic in the air traffic control tower>>

Nothing unusual there then. Air traffic controllers are rigorously trained to panic at the slightest excuse!

TSR2
4th Mar 2013, 13:24
Subject has been discussed for some time in the Ryanair 9 thread in AA&R.

jackieofalltrades
4th Mar 2013, 13:26
Nothing unusual there then. Air traffic controllers are rigorously trained to panic at the slightest excuse!

Especially when they're informed the coffee machine is empty!

Alexander de Meerkat
4th Mar 2013, 13:28
Nobody is immune from incidents of this kind - the question is how the airline handles them. A rock bottom third world airline, and Ryanair's legal department are at great pains to point out they are not one of them, would just sack the crew involved as a warning to others. They would make no effort to discover the thought processes involved in the crew and just punish them for bringing public embarrassment to an already under-pressure airline. A professional, high-quality airline, however, would debrief the crew at length and then retrain them to proficiency. Finally they would bring the lessons learnt to the attention of all the airline's other pilots to prevent a similar incident happening again. I am sure that Ryanair will adopt that line, as they are of course a very professional airline etc, etc.

As an interesting aside, readers may be interested in the following incident which shows how it can all go pear-shaped very quickly in low visibility conditions - FAA Animation Runway Incursion Providence, Rhode Island - YouTube

Aldente
4th Mar 2013, 13:47
As already mentioned a thread was started about this incident a week or so ago. Despite this being of an operational and safety related nature, it was quickly removed and buried in the "Airports Airlines and Routes" forum where few pilots (if any) would see it as this is mainly a forum where mostly non pilots talk about new routes etc. There wasn't even the usual pointer / note to say where it had been moved to.

Expect the same of this thread soon ......

Daermon ATC
4th Mar 2013, 13:54
@Alexander de Merkaat: Nice exposition but sadly I don't believe this is going to happen quite as you explain. As Ryanairs Public Relations department is at great pains to explain, they are a low cost airline always aiming to provide to the needs of their customer base (also: to provide for the basest needs of their customers :hmm:). Nothing increases the sensation of safety in these uninformed minds that the pilots have ben drawn, quartered and hung for their crimes... or in modern times they have been instantly fired.

Sad indeed :(

paparomeodelta
4th Mar 2013, 13:58
I can't for the life of me figure out what more has to be said unless useless what-if speculations

What if speculations are not useless. They save souls...

CONF iture
4th Mar 2013, 14:04
What an interesting animation ADM !
Those ATC guys are under great pressure.
What a wonderful reaction from US2998 too ... The tower must have felt so bad afterwards.

BOAC
4th Mar 2013, 14:08
it was quickly removed and buried in the "Airports Airlines and Routes" forum where few pilots (if any) would see it Like you I am incredulous. For those who wish to play 'hunt the needle' it is in the Ryanair thread there. Pick it up around post #600.

Any ideas what constitutes a 'Rumour or News' nowadays?

blind pew
4th Mar 2013, 14:14
Meerkat you obviously never worked for a Big Airline.

easy
4th Mar 2013, 15:25
Meerkats present employer has over 200 aircraft, what makes a big airline?;)

FR-
5th Mar 2013, 07:05
Could not agree more with meerkat

j636
5th Mar 2013, 16:36
NATS Statistics Confirm Ryanair Is One Of The UK's Most Safety? (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/nats-statistics-confirm-ryanair-is-one-of-the-uk-s-most-safety-compliant-airlines)

Ryanair Feb Traffic Down 3% (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-feb-traffic-down-3-percent)

They have included that last year was a leap year and that counted for 3 of the 6% fall in passengers.

There LF increased 1% but they don't put that down to one less that flying than in 2012....

Jack1985
5th Mar 2013, 18:06
To add to this anything anti-ryanair has been removed.

racedo
5th Mar 2013, 20:01
To add to this anything anti-ryanair has been removed.

You live in dreamland if you think that is the case.

j636
11th Mar 2013, 16:42
More problems for FR as Budapest Airport are taking them to court.

Airport in legal action against Ryanair over alleged debt - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/world/airport-in-legal-action-against-ryanair-over-alleged-debt-29121305.html)

Looks like the STN cuts may of just being a big PR spin.
Ryanair accused of 'bullish' tactics with threat to cut flights | This is Essex (http://www.thisistotalessex.co.uk/Ryanair-accused-bullish-tactics-threat-cut/story-18343395-detail/story.html#axzz2NFaQLNIw)

Jack1985
11th Mar 2013, 16:53
You live in dreamland if you think that is the case.

Like yourself then?

CCFAIRPORT
11th Mar 2013, 17:14
NEW ROUTE

Paris Beauvais to Oujda

RESTARTED

Paris Beauvais to Alghero Fertilia

EI-A330-300
12th Mar 2013, 00:04
Irish Independent claims Ryanair will announce 200 aircraft order with boeing new week. Don't know where they got it from anybody think there is any truth in it.

doniedarko
12th Mar 2013, 08:43
Looks like Ryanair got the cheque book out and spent some cash

Ryanair to buy 200 Boeings in $18bn order - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-to-buy-200-boeings-in-18bn-order-29123271.html)

Now if they would only invest in their staff !

homerj
12th Mar 2013, 09:25
Ryanair to place a new Boeing order!

www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-to-buy-200-boeings-in-18bn-order-29123271.html

PitotTube
12th Mar 2013, 12:21
Anyone who has more info on this? Max or 738?

Ryanair to buy 200 Boeings in $18bn order - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-to-buy-200-boeings-in-18bn-order-29123271.html)

captplaystation
12th Mar 2013, 12:27
Good news for the guys working there, maybe gives the RPG a bit of a legs-up in their negotiations, as, whatever he would want the pilots to believe, the order may be NG/MAX but it certainly is not for the Radio Control version. :rolleyes:

Strike whilst the iron is hot lads :D

TeaTowel
12th Mar 2013, 12:49
The mammoth order – due to be confirmed by US President Barack Obama and Taoiseach Enda Kenny at the White House next week

Why do I get the feeling MOL will be there dressed as a leprechaun?:}

What the Fug
12th Mar 2013, 12:59
MOL being nice to two politicians by giving them a good news story, this is going to cost big time.

Aldente
12th Mar 2013, 13:00
Now now boys, be careful what you say.

In keeping with recent PPRuNE policy (i.e. being nervous with regard to anything remotely critical of Ryanair it would seem), expect this thread to be hidden away and buried in some obscure sub forum anytime soon.

:=

captjns
12th Mar 2013, 13:04
Win win for FR. New jets for them, and Southwest Airlines who are in the market for used jets gets the wrung out FR discards, at a prophet too.

repariit
12th Mar 2013, 13:05
This part of the story: " He said Ryanair would only place an order 'when the price is right'," makes one wonder if there is a serious deal about to happen.

BOAC
12th Mar 2013, 13:13
In keeping with recent PPRuNe policy (i.e. being nervous with regard to anything remotely critical of Ryanair it would seem), expect this thread to be hidden away and buried in some obscure sub forum anytime soon. - I take it you missed the first go. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Agaricus bisporus
12th Mar 2013, 13:34
Why do I get the feeling MOL will be there dressed as a leprechaun?

Or, if captjns post is anything to go by, perhaps as Moses? Or even Jesus. That might be more appropriate, come to think of it but is divine intervention really ethical in a big business deal?

he eh, he'd really give OhBummer the sh!ts if he turned up as Mohammed!

Thunderbirdsix
12th Mar 2013, 14:34
According to all reports over here the deal will be signed on Saturday

Ryanair poised to reveal 200-plane Boeing deal - report - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ryanair-poised-reveal-200-plane-boeing-deal-report-102825160--finance.html)

HighLow
12th Mar 2013, 14:46
NEW AIRCRAFT v PILOT SHORTAGE.........

Best of luck to them, Wish them every success in their latest (if not, optimistic endeavour)

(POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Radio Controlled 737-MAX), Bring it On !

toffeez
12th Mar 2013, 15:48
The scenario is well rehearsed.

- MOL announces he's about to sign a big order, to be confirmed.
- Thinking he can get Airbus to react and so scare Boeing into a better offer.
- Airbus, knowing the trick of old, says Bog Off MOL you've got a 737 tatooed on your willy.
- MOL eventually signs with Boeing but not at the bargain basement price he wanted.

TSR2
12th Mar 2013, 18:00
Anyone who has more info on this? Max or 738?

Pure speculation but as delivery is quoted as 2015 - 2017, it would indicate B737NG as the B737MAX is only due in service 2017.

FlightPathOBN
12th Mar 2013, 19:23
"Ireland’s Ryanair has placed an order for 200 Boeing 737NGs at rock bottom pricing estimated at around $9 billion."

Ryanair to place massive order for Boeing 737s | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times (http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2020539925_boeingryanairxml.html)

Good news...200 new jets at 53% discount.

Bad news (I think they may be 600's....:})

please dont sue me!

racedo
12th Mar 2013, 20:33
"Ireland’s Ryanair has placed an order for 200 Boeing 737NGs at rock bottom pricing estimated at around $9 billion."

Ryanair to place massive order for Boeing 737s | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times (http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2020539925_boeingryanairxml.html)

OMG

How could they after all those nasty things they said about each other.

The anti Ryanair mob were sure that no way any Boeing executive would ever consider dealing with Ryanair again. :rolleyes:

I figure that when one of your best customers comes calling in any business do you BITCH about hurtful things or SELL more.

Always figured Boeing not that stupid and no doubt they would accept being accused of anything for another order like that.

For Boeing always nice to signup a deal which is equivalent to 12% of Boeings last years turnover in one go.

racedo
12th Mar 2013, 21:57
Sounds like a good deal and some of the early aircraft need to be moved on profitably interesting that this implies they are not taking the MAX, might come back to haunt them

Sales and Marketing target is for the Max to be available in 2017..........................not sure Manufacturing and Engineering have that as their target or signed up to that one.

I can only give A380, B787, A350 as examples of stuff behind schedule.

I reckon Max deliveries will be closer to 2020 that 2017 and at least with NG you buying a proven product.

flyasthesky
12th Mar 2013, 22:13
Is the general consensus that the majority of these will be replacing older 738's?

Jimogr
13th Mar 2013, 11:51
What is the age profile of the current fleet? I believe the average age of the fleet is something like 5 years, but how many are say older the 10 year, and old are the oldest?

In terms of the second hand market, what age is the optimal selling time?

flyingtincan
13th Mar 2013, 12:16
I heard that the average age of the fleet is more like 3.5 years
Just about right to start replacing when the 'first MOT is due' or 'the warranty runs out' http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif
Any why buy a new model at premium prices when you can let someone else sort out the snags (batteries anyone??) and also when the initial demand, and price leverage, has dropped off.
Stick with what you've got for a bit longer.

Curious Pax
13th Mar 2013, 14:14
Jethro's site has EI-DAC as the oldest 738 in the fleet at just over 10 years old (del 3/12/02). I've not got time to work out the proper average age, but given that they have had a similar number delivered each year since then I guess that would make 5 years a reasonable estimate.

FRatSTN
13th Mar 2013, 15:08
Average fleet age is 4.6 years old as of 03/02/13.

Ryanair Fleet Details and History - Planespotters.net Just Aviation (http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Ryanair)

I read that the new aircraft would be delivered between 2015 and 2017. That's a fairly short period for 200 brand new aircraft to join the fleet and with the oldest aircraft leaving as well, the average fleet age will probably fall quite quickly during this time.

Daffydil
13th Mar 2013, 16:35
The age of an aircraft is irrelevant, look at Jet2, its what the management want to do with it and how the crew carry out that task is what really matters. In both these respects Ryanair fails and brand new shiny Boeings are not going to make me fly with them again any time soon.

FRatSTN
13th Mar 2013, 17:03
Nobody was saying that age was relevant or that newer is better etc. I agree, Jet2's planes are in great condition considering their age. FR however will always want brand new aircraft so they can call themeselves the greenest airline with the newest and cleanest fleet etc.

In both these respects Ryanair fails

Not so sure what you mean by that. There's nothing wrong with FR planes. Yes they maximise their usage with nothing more than a quick litter check between flights but they are reliable and well looked after. Remember that FR have very big maintainance bases in Prestwick and Stansted so aircraft are regularly maintained.

Bournemouth Air
13th Mar 2013, 17:20
A Ryanair aircraft arrived at bournemouth today to commence flights tomorrow after a long winter without any flights .

FR-
13th Mar 2013, 17:53
quick litter check between flights

Im not a huge fan of Ryanair, but a security check must be done before the 1st flight, before landing, during each turnaround, and at the end of the duty. Which is more than just a litter check.

FRatSTN
13th Mar 2013, 18:34
Im not a huge fan of Ryanair, but a security check must be done before the 1st flight, before landing, during each turnaround, and at the end of the duty. Which is more than just a litter check.

Well that further strengthens my point, I hadn't thought of that so thank you.

FlightPathOBN
13th Mar 2013, 19:12
Is it a function of leased aircraft vs purchased aircraft?

Daffydil
13th Mar 2013, 19:46
To explain my remarks about Ryanair failures. Management treat its staff and passengers with disdain. Its almost as if they don't want passengers. Some crews on FR flights have been on seem to carry the same mindset and seem determined to make the "onboard experience" as unpleasant as possible. I don't think I'm alone in these thoughts.

racedo
13th Mar 2013, 20:03
Given Ryanair are allowing Irish Head of Govt do a photo shoot with President Obama on St Patrick's day then you can bet a couple of things......

1.) Obama is going to be giving some goodies to Ireland for a nice photo opportunity on a huge trade deal he had nothing to do with. It will go down well in Chicago as Boeing HO there and in Seattle where its made.

2.) Irish Prime Minster is going to giving some big goodies to Ryanair and MO'L negotiates well, just ask Boeing.

No reason why a company would allow politicians into a photo opportunity on a business deal unless there is a big payback.

EU shut the door on any chance of Airbus getting a deal.

MCDU2
13th Mar 2013, 20:18
Erm you don't seriously think that airbus was ever in the picture do you? Nor would they be interested in doing the types of deal that MOL was seeking. It was a one horse race and good luck to them.

flyingtincan
13th Mar 2013, 20:45
'Management treat its staff and passengers with disdain. Its almost as if they don't want passengers.'

I have traveled with Ryanair a dozen times this year as a passenger and can't recall on any of those occasions being 'treated with disdain'.

Where do you get this stuff from?

DublinPole
13th Mar 2013, 20:47
I've never experienced it either, in fact I was on a flight earlier this week where the captain gave a very humorous and lively welcome that made pretty much everyone on the plane laugh.

racedo
13th Mar 2013, 21:12
I have traveled with Ryanair a dozen times this year as a passenger and can't recall on any of those occasions being 'treated with disdain'.

Where do you get this stuff from?

Daily Mail

Transportraition
14th Mar 2013, 06:22
' Some crews on FR flights have been on seem to carry the same mindset and seem determined to make the "onboard experience" as unpleasant as possible. '

Loads of flights - never had /noted any problems with FR crew members. I say we disregard Daftydil - most likely a member of the anti-Ryanair gang - and might be seen protesting and chained to one of the goal posts at Cardiff's Millenium Stadium next Saturday !

frfly
14th Mar 2013, 10:37
I've got to say...I personally find Ryanair crew some of the nicest out there in Europe. All very young, quite enthusiastic etc. Big change from about 5 years ago I would say.

jdcg
15th Mar 2013, 12:08
Couldn't agree more. FR cabin crew have got markedly better over the last few years. All the more remarkable when you think of what their Ts & Cs are. Sure they are all young and might not be too impressive in an emergency (although I don't think age necessarily guarantees competence under those circumstances) but always seem quite friendly to me. Whilst there is plenty of scope for negativity about FR, their crew is not really a factor these days.

ayroplain
15th Mar 2013, 12:50
Agree entirely. Have flown 400+ times with FR and Cabin Crew always friendly and efficient. These sour comments are often made by people who have never actually flown with FR or have some degree of jealousy or grievance about their own T&C's being brought into the realm of reality.

Monty Gordo
15th Mar 2013, 14:56
As a very frequent traveller with Ryanair I don't recognise that view at all. What has impressed me with Ryanair is that its cabin crew are often multinational and, if not English or Irish still, have an excellent command of English. The crews out of Faro I have found to be particularly friendly.

However, there is one aspect of Ryanair flights that intrigues me. It would seem that during every flight I make, the 'seatbelts' sign comes on after about an hour and passengers are told to return to their seats and not use the toilets. On no occasion have I ever experienced turbulence during during this period. After about 10 minutes the seatbelts sign is switched off.

Is there some reason for this, other than possible turbulence???

McCon2
15th Mar 2013, 15:06
One of the 'drivers' is goin to the lavvy

FRatSTN
15th Mar 2013, 15:27
FR crew do seem to be better from my experience as well. Unlike the older days, you now get asked politely "would you like any snacks sir?" and quickly respond to the call bell. The in-flight announcements for sratchcards and duty free has got noticably quieter in volume as well! It's a much more peacefull in-flight experience, until you land on time of course!

Unfortunteately, the same can't be said for EasyJet. I could go on for hours but I was basically bitterly dissapointed by the in-flight service with them. I had cabin crew frequently disturbing me from resting trying to sell food, drinks, duty free etc. What happened to those friendly, happy, fun cabin crew we used to see 5 or so years ago??

It wasn't so bad on the way back but what I did find odd is that it was an all female cabin-crew on the way out, and all male on the way back. Does EasyJet tend to do this?? It tends to be mixed-gender most of the time with FR.

fivejuliet
15th Mar 2013, 15:28
Has happened on practically every FR flight I've taken! pilot either wants to use the jacks or wants his coffee brought in.

FR-
16th Mar 2013, 07:57
might not be too impressive in an emergency I take issue with this, the crew are very well trained and asked emerency questions every day.

With regards to easyJet and customer service, the crew are actually customer service trained, unlike FR crew. And have weekly emails with targets. But at the end of the day this is the Ryanair forum, and im sure you get good and bad in all airlines. Personally I feel the smaller bases in FR are more friendly and have better customer service, and this just comes from personal experience.

fr-

jdcg
16th Mar 2013, 10:40
More than happy to be pulled up on that FR-. I always imagine the churn rate for FR cabin crew must be quite high so imagine that experience levels must be quite low; but I'm sure they are well trained.

Jamie2k9
18th Mar 2013, 22:20
Could be some news at 14.15 tomorrow.

racedo
18th Mar 2013, 22:26
Could be some news at 14.15 tomorrow.

Ya big tease

Jamie2k9
18th Mar 2013, 22:28
It will be from New York, need I say more.

davidjohnson6
18th Mar 2013, 22:33
Reuters reported an hour ago Boeing will announce an order for 170 B737 aircraft on Tuesday. Was so hoping it would be a merger with Air France with all French staff transferring to Irish self employed contracts... :-)

johnnychips
18th Mar 2013, 22:34

Go on, be a devil...

racedo
18th Mar 2013, 22:48

Ah yes I forgot nothing happened at White House yesterday.

EI-A330-300
19th Mar 2013, 10:25
175 Boeing 737-800. All will be dilevered by 2018. Fleet will grow.by 100 and the other 75 will replace older aircraft.

Ryanair, Boeing Complete Purchase Agreement For 175 737-800s (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-boeing-complete-purchase-agreement-for-175-737-800s)

Sober Lark
19th Mar 2013, 14:32
Ah yes I forgot nothing happened at White House yesterday

Don't tell us you went to the wrong venue Racedo?

FR-
19th Mar 2013, 16:42
Most of think he works in the White House :E

racedo
19th Mar 2013, 20:17
Don't tell us you went to the wrong venue Racedo?

Rome or Osama................................ Think Rome better idea.

horatio_b
19th Mar 2013, 22:00
By my reckoning in the current Ryanair fleet there are 16 aircraft which are 9 yrs old or more
There are 193 of the 305 aircraft in the fleet which were delivered before the end of 2009. Assuming that 75 of these are replaced by aircraft from the new order by 2018, this will leave 118 aircraft of 9 yrs + by the end of 2018 (compared to just 16 now)

j636
20th Mar 2013, 20:35
Ryanair fined (http://www.independent.ie/business/ryanair-fined-370000-for-hidden-costs-with-online-tickets-29143888.html)

SWBKCB
20th Mar 2013, 21:06
Ryanair expects to sign 737 Max deal by end-year (http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ryanair-expects-to-sign-737-max-deal-by-end-year-383630/)

befree
23rd Mar 2013, 11:32
Ryanair may find it hard to sell around 105 planes at a good price up to 2019. The age at which FR is selling planes is going up and the market for a 787 that has had a decade with FR may be small. When things where better FR would sell planes at around 5 years old for around the same amount as the got new ones.

FA10
23rd Mar 2013, 12:34
befree wrote:...and the market for a 787 that has had a decade with Ryanair may be small... Well, I assume currently there is not a huge market for the 787 at all... :ouch:

racedo
23rd Mar 2013, 20:51
Ryanair may find it hard to sell around 105 planes at a good price up to 2019. The age at which FR is selling planes is going up and the market for a 787 that has had a decade with FR may be small. When things where better FR would sell planes at around 5 years old for around the same amount as the got new ones.

You mean you are saying that Ryanair selling aircraft for same price they paid for them was a good deal after all.

befree
24th Mar 2013, 15:24
That was years ago when they sold them young. FR have cut back on selling planes as the last order ended. When they start selling again the average age of those sold will mean the buyer will want a massive discount.

racedo
24th Mar 2013, 19:13
That was years ago when they sold them young. FR have cut back on selling planes as the last order ended. When they start selling again the average age of those sold will mean the buyer will want a massive discount.

You really don't do figures that well do you....

Ave Fare - €50 (and rising)
Ave Pax per plane per year 400,000 (80 M Pax / 200 aircraft, its more as ground 80 for 4-5 months )
Ave Profit margin - 12%
(All info available)

So make roughly €3 M per plane per year at a guess.

Given you paid prob €20 M (or less) a plane and even if keep 10 yrs and sell for half then you still quids in.

Holding for 5 yrs means more profit as not spending billions to buy new ones.

And the downside again is where ?

Hangar6
24th Mar 2013, 19:57
Nope ducksie has this aircraft bit nailed don't forget FR is a creation o f one very talented aircraft leasing experts aka GPA and is a bean counter by birth so no way is there a chane he as got this part of his plan wrong, just like breeding
Thoroughbreds really.....

Best f luck to them just get the hedging right , u know I can help u and u know the price lol

G-AWZK
25th Mar 2013, 07:23
3/19/2013 RYANAIR ordered 175 737-800s for delivery through 2018 to join current fleet of 305 for replacement (75) and growth (100). It says it is evaluating the MAX. From Speednews.com

j636
25th Mar 2013, 13:10
Ryanair in talks over Cardiff Airport routes | Wales Air Forum (http://walesairforum.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/ryanair-in-talks-over-cardiff-airport-routes/)

j636
26th Mar 2013, 13:59
Ryanair Announces New Pay Roster Agreements With Cabin Crew ? (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-announces-new-pay-and-roster-agreements-with-cabin-crew-and-pilots)

Surreyman
26th Mar 2013, 14:19
Southwest Airlines(USA) have been making noises about attractive prices of used 737-800s (Separate thread was started).

majorni
29th Mar 2013, 10:19
in the web of Ryanair , when you go on the page of Ryanair and you go for new search, if you choose FUE, you can see Tenerfe South on the list, anyone knows if is one error of Ryanair or will be a new route, that they will anounce soon, or is a positional fly for more frecuencies from Fuerteventura or a new route will be for this plane?

FRatSTN
29th Mar 2013, 10:36
I think it's a glitch, but would be good if it happens. For ages on the new search menu (not the booking section on the home page) it has had Frankfurt-Hahn listed as a destination from East Midlands when they never have flown that route and has never even been put on sale before!

scodaman
29th Mar 2013, 23:10
What's going on here then?

Ryanair and US Oil Gas take on anonymous posters - Lexology (http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=d57ae416-500e-48a8-a34a-9ec0c540de24)

Ryanair pursues defamation claim against anonymous users of pilots’ forum

take-off
1st Apr 2013, 03:38
Well being of the age where I have to get up in middle of night to pee:ugh:, lol . Had quick look on flight radar to see what was about ( not at same time I might add) was surprised to see a couple of ryanair planes flying at 3am , one to Dublin and another to Leeds , have often wondered why FR always try to get their planes in landed before the midnight hour, as easy tend to have a few coming in around 1 or 2 am in morning . I guess these 2 flight were lengthy delays especially the Leeds one was showing arrival around 445am . Have noticed on a few occasions recently, Ryanair planes about after midnight, is this a change to ryanairs thinking of getting people home or to destination, as (unfairly or not ) they do tend to have a reputation to cancel flights, or so the media would have you believe, :mad:

ScotsSLF
1st Apr 2013, 09:25
These late night flights just may be positioning flights. Up until last week FR had aircraft laid up at many UK airfields - PIK, BHX, STN etc and with the start of the summer season these are being repositioned and in fact should all have been repositioned by now. There are none left parked up at PIK apart from the ones for routine maintenance.

racedo
1st Apr 2013, 10:05
as (unfairly or not ) they do tend to have a reputation to cancel flights, or so the media would have you believe,

Think you may be thinking of negative stories about Ryanair in the media and by extension adding in "well they must cancel the most flights" where reality is it seems to be legacy carriers are more prone to doing that.

However Daily Mail and Express Editors and Journos would lose their upgrade priveleges when off on Long haul if they slagged off BA.

west lakes
1st Apr 2013, 11:14
What's going on here then?

There's a big thread in Rumours and News about this!

DublinPole
1st Apr 2013, 12:05
There was bad weather in Poland last night that resulted in a number of diversions due to airports being closed. Several flights diverted where possible to other airports. The passengers for the return leg were sent by bus from their original airports to the airport diverted to and the flights operated from there.

A few flights were canceled, but most of the ones effected were just severely delayed due to road transport taking longer than expected due to atrocious conditions. Rather than cancel the flight they were just delayed and ran just very late. With Krakow being a base opening today, it was fairly easy to get crews yesterday to allow this with the original crew who were traveling as passengers.

It's Ryanair policy to always divert to nearest open airport that can accept aircraft and where possible operate the return flight from there rather than cancel it should road conditions allow. Legacies tend to avoid anything other than regular served airports or bases and if they do happen to divert to somewhere that doesn't fill this criteria they just cancel the reserve leg.

It would have been far easier for Ryanair to do just that but they don't make a habit of doing it in my experience, some other legacy airlines could learn this, let alone what we've had in the past when flights bound for Dublin have got diverted to Manchester rather than Cork, Belfast or Shannon for example. Of course if they land at Manchester it involves far less running around and work to do for the powers that be to organise things. If they land at a non base airport which is served even better, since it then becomes a problem of the handling agent.

racedo
1st Apr 2013, 19:15
BBC Sport - JT McNamara: Jockey given 200,000 euros by Ryanair boss (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/21997219)

Good call.

Hangar6
1st Apr 2013, 20:14
Have to say no qualms about stating well done mol ,finger on the pulse etc

Jamie2k9
1st Apr 2013, 23:30
Well being of the age where I have to get up in middle of night to pee:ugh:, lol . Had quick look on flight radar to see what was about ( not at same time I might add) was surprised to see a couple of ryanair planes flying at 3am , one to Dublin and another to Leeds , have often wondered why FR always try to get their planes in landed before the midnight hour, as easy tend to have a few coming in around 1 or 2 am in morning . I guess these 2 flight were lengthy delays especially the Leeds one was showing arrival around 445am . Have noticed on a few occasions recently, Ryanair planes about after midnight, is this a change to ryanairs thinking of getting people home or to destination, as (unfairly or not ) they do tend to have a reputation to cancel flights, or so the media would have you believe, http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

The DUB flight was a passenger flight had you looked a little earlier you would of saw another one or two that were carrying long delays. Not sure about LBA but expect it was the same.

There are way more flights arriving up to 1am. now compared to 2 years ago. The bases in the Canaries seems to have started the increase.

EI-A330-300
2nd Apr 2013, 13:33
Incident: Ryanair B738 at Krakow on Mar 31st 2013, tail scrape on takeoff (http://www.avherald.com/h?article=46021ada&opt=0&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

take-off
2nd Apr 2013, 14:53
Yes I had noticed that there were a few after midnight arrivals in the Canarieson a regular basis.I just wondered why the change with later arriving flights, understand delays happen, ans yes I didn't get round to mentioning BA cancelling flights at a drop of a pin, wasn't knocking Ryanair but due to their size , they get blamed by media and pax for cancellations ,whether it's their fault or not. All I was asking is why the change by Ryanair to late arriving flights when they seem to have preferred to have all flights in and landed by midnight, as opposed to easy who seem to have a lot more after midnight flights (used the word midnight as oppposed to late so not accused by easyjet lovers saying their airline has poor time keeping!) .

AirGuru
2nd Apr 2013, 14:58
So guys, whats happening with these proposed CWL flights/base ?

pwalhx
2nd Apr 2013, 16:16
Are there going to be CWL flights or a base, or have there simply been discussions between the airport and Ryanair (as there probably are ongoing with many airport) that will or will not come to fruition.

AirGuru
2nd Apr 2013, 16:23
There have been numerous press reports spanning a number of months saying that the WG are in talks with them. Just wanted to know if anyone had any insight ?

Jamie2k9
3rd Apr 2013, 01:10
All I was asking is why the change by Ryanair to late arriving flights when they seem to have preferred to have all flights in and landed by midnight, as opposed to easy who seem to have a lot more after midnight flights (used the word midnight as oppposed to late so not accused by easyjet lovers saying their airline has poor time keeping!) .

Route sectors are increasing every year so more time required to operate flights. Sectors have increased by 16% between 2010 and 2012.

davidjohnson6
3rd Apr 2013, 01:22
Was playing with Easyjet app (thinking it's quite good) and looking through the Android store. Noticdd that while the Easyjet app get lots of good reviews, the Ryanair app has only a few reviews, predominantly bad. The cause is likely down to the Easyjet app being both free and well designed while the other app is paid for and receives criticism for its design. BA and KLM also manage to produce a polished app.

I know a paid for app means revenue, but I'm puzzled why if Ryanair spent money to build an app as a sales channel, they are so keen on people using the website rather than the app. Anyone know the marketing dept's thinking on this ?

Cyrano
3rd Apr 2013, 08:32
I'm puzzled why if Ryanair spent money to build an app as a sales channel, they are so keen on people using the website rather than the app. Anyone know the marketing dept's thinking on this ?

I think the clue may be in the phrase "if Ryanair spent money..." I would hazard a guess that Ryanair did not spend money (it's a safe general assumption ;) ) but did a commission-based deal with a third-party developer, so the developer takes the risk of the app selling or not, and Ryanair has no downside, only upside.