PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Call letters for Freshers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

peeeprune
18th Nov 2010, 07:54
A warm hello to everyone on this forum.

I am interested to know if anyone has recieved the Call/Email for the Indigo Cae exam happening on the 12th Dec 2010 yet.

Also if anyone has updates for changes in the syllabus kindly post it here.

I request the pilots flying for Indigo to contribute on this thread and help the young pilots hoping to fly for indigo achieve their dreams.

Regards
:D

vserian
18th Nov 2010, 11:04
But still you guys have to pay for the type rating na?
I heard its quiet expensive

IIJ
18th Nov 2010, 12:31
its mainly human factors+ aerodynamics..is the exam date confirmed though???

Challenger05
18th Nov 2010, 13:43
Yesssir they still gotta pay 30k USD for the rating in beautiful spain at CAE..:ooh:

Wonder why CAE doesnt add another 320 sim in BLR and help the lines cut costs down..I am sure they can find sim clients specially now that 6E and KF 320 fleets are big enough to justify more sims...

guitarboy
18th Nov 2010, 20:17
anyone knows how many have gone thru this way of getting hired? i.e. the total number of guys that have passed the assessment till date and gone for rating?

and also has the first batch gotten online? back frm rating? in process of getting online? any updates on that?

$30k is good money !!!!

cloudrippa
19th Nov 2010, 07:43
Greetings people!

So is the December Indigo test a sure thing? Is Ms.Huria still the person in charge of giving out the invites? any suggestions from anyone on how to go about the whole process would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
:ok:

LOFT
19th Nov 2010, 10:00
@peeprune

are you absolutely sure about the date of exam ?

coz i heard it was supposed to be towards November end.

bombayhues
19th Nov 2010, 12:56
Hey peeprune,
Did you get a letter from CAE for the exam? Is the date confirmed?

peeeprune
19th Nov 2010, 16:16
Hello everyone.
Well i am already working in indigo, but not as a pilot. i just started this thread so that i could help you guys in some way,i.e by alerting you about the exam date in advance.
Yes the exam date is confirmed as of now, but i wont be surprised if they prepone it. The management have shortlisted around 75 candidates who will receive the email for the exam, so keep studying and work hard. They will recruit quite a number this time it seems.

Regards.

Speedbird1014
20th Nov 2010, 05:28
Hello everyone.
Well i am already working in indigo, but not as a pilot. i just started this thread so that i could help you guys in some way,i.e by alerting you about the exam date in advance.
Yes the exam date is confirmed as of now, but i wont be surprised if they prepone it. The management have shortlisted around 75 candidates who will receive the email for the exam, so keep studying and work hard. They will recruit quite a number this time it seems.

Regards.

Thats so nice of you to take some time and help us.
I applied for this program in March and since then no calls from CAE or Indigo.
In fact i am very disappointed with CAE for their unprofessional behavior.

As you say management have already selected 75 candidates, so the last hope for all of us could just be to email them and hope for the best. :ok:

VictorFoxtrot
21st Nov 2010, 03:31
On what basis do they "SHORTLIST" the candidates??

koolchaos3188
21st Nov 2010, 07:01
@speedbird1014 - call Mrs. Parul-recruiter pilot provisioning you will definitely get an email then. thats what i did to receive the email for july attempt. you will find her number in another forum for indigo but you will have to search for that forum.

Speedbird1014
22nd Nov 2010, 09:29
@speedbird1014 - call Mrs. Parul-recruiter pilot provisioning you will definitely get an email then. thats what i did to receive the email for july attempt. you will find her number in another forum for indigo but you will have to search for that forum.

found her number, have been trying calling her from yesterday, no answer...:*

peeeprune
22nd Nov 2010, 11:20
well i seriously doubt if she will be of any help even if she responds. The list has already been prepared. So right now you can just keep yourself engaged with the books and wait n see if you get a call. i hope quite a few from this forum get called for it.

Dont loose hope guys, for if you have made it till this point, you shall go forward.

All the best to everyone!

Regards.

Speedbird1014
22nd Nov 2010, 11:45
You are right mate, but lets try whatever we could........

Good Luck to all...:ok:

Speedbird1014
22nd Nov 2010, 16:02
hello everyone....
im too trying to get a hold on parul to appear in dec attempt but she is not answering....if anyone gets the call do post it here....
will mail her....lets c if i get any response...
all the best to evryone

I have been emailing her since march this year, but no replies whatsoever till now.....
do let us know if you get hold of her....

wings on fire
25th Nov 2010, 07:29
The exam is not on the 12th,but on the 20th...confirmed news,but still not sure as to how they are going to shortlist the ppl they r going to call!!:confused:

bombayhues
25th Nov 2010, 09:46
Wings On Fire: How did you find out its the 20th? Were you able to talk to Ms. Huria?

blackhawk777
25th Nov 2010, 10:06
Got this mail from Parul Huria the other day ....

Dear Applicant,

Please find attached information about the IndiGo A320 type rating program at CAE.The next assessment would be on 20th,21st,22nd and 23rd Dec in Delhi.

If you are interested to take part in the selections, kindly send your updated CV along with answer to questions asked in the email at the earliest.

Please Note that the minimum age to apply for this program is 20Years and the maximum age is 35 Years for Jr Copilots.

Please reply in the email itself:-

1. Contact number:

2. Date of Birth:

3. Total Flight Hours:

4. Type of License, Country of issue

5. Indian license details

License/Category Valid up to

CPL(ME, Land)

COP/RTR

FRTOL

Indian Medical

6. Is ME-IR endorsed on your Indian CPL?

7. ME Flight Hours:-
Actual hrs:
Sim hours:
Total Me Hrs=

8. Nationality:

9. Age as on 19th DEC 2010:

10. If you have appeared for the CAE Indigo assessment before, is the 6 month period over?(Also state the month in which you appeared)

Note: Licenses must be valid at all times

Ps: IndiGo A320 is a self sponsored type rating program.

Pilots of all authorities interested in the assessment should have valid Indian License.
Please ignore this mail if you have already appeared for the Cae-IndiGo assessment in the last six months and have not yet completed the cool off period of six months or if you did not clear the interview round(with IndiGo) at any stage.

*The Delhi venue detail(address) will be given later to the shortlisted candidates.

Warm Regards,
Parul

The date is confirmed.... But still don't know on what basis they are short listing the candidates....

Best of Luck to ALL !!!!

dynamiteflyers
25th Nov 2010, 13:18
so nybody sure about the exm dates?? hav anybdy got the mail??

prayingdamsel
25th Nov 2010, 13:30
can anybody shed light as to how the candidates are getting shortlisted for this exam? cos i have emailed the concerned authorities but no response till date..:rolleyes:

dynamiteflyers
25th Nov 2010, 13:52
only Huria noes whts the criteria of short listing.....

Aviator4u
25th Nov 2010, 14:05
hey guys,shortlisted candidates have alrdy been mailed yest and m lucky enuf to be one of them.:cool:.the mail says that the next assessment would be on 20th,21st,22nd and 23rd Dec in Delhi.

pahwa1989
25th Nov 2010, 17:09
is indigo hiring again? please let me noe...

pahwa1989
26th Nov 2010, 04:26
thanks bhavya, will it be the same selection and applying criteria as it was b4.
via parul huria?

dynamiteflyers
26th Nov 2010, 07:14
can ny1 suggest ny reference material or books...

Aviator4u
26th Nov 2010, 14:43
Thanx a lot bhavya..:)

dynamiteflyers
27th Nov 2010, 07:12
did u get ny further mail??

blackhawk777
27th Nov 2010, 07:18
No further mails !!

capt.xyz
27th Nov 2010, 09:49
No further e-mail after 25th nov asking d flyin n licence details !

harsh786techy
27th Nov 2010, 11:59
Did all the fellow people here, who got the call letter ,applied through CAE website for Indigo...
If yes then do we have to pay the fees in advance before being called for the exam or after we get the call up letter?
Wish luck to all who got the call...

bombayhues
27th Nov 2010, 19:47
Harsh: You have to pay the fees after you receive the email to write the exam. The email contains details as to where and how you need to make the payment

dragstar
28th Nov 2010, 04:52
any info on how many people have been sent call letters for the exam?
Since the examination is on 4 days, I wonder how many people will be appearing in this exam?

harsh786techy
28th Nov 2010, 05:08
Thanks bombayhues....

siddu.pon
29th Nov 2010, 09:25
Did any1 get Reply From CAE(Parul) after send all the detail which was mentioned in the mail?

blackhawk777
29th Nov 2010, 09:34
No... Haven't got any mails yet.

Where is everyone studying from. Any help ????

Aviator4u
29th Nov 2010, 09:43
no reply as f nw...hv been revisin my CPL notes..wot abt u?

dynamiteflyers
30th Nov 2010, 06:44
So hws the preperation guys???n any further mail from cae??

koolchaos3188
30th Nov 2010, 07:02
i have heard Mrs. Parul has resigned from Indigo...

speedbird234
30th Nov 2010, 10:13
One of my friends did not get a call letter from indigo, so he emailed Ms. Parul and her reply was "Thank you for your email. I am on a holiday"... and he got the reply yesterday in the evening..!!

flyboy_nz
1st Dec 2010, 04:56
Goodluck everyone, one of my close friends has already been selected. He has already put the deposit down for the type-rating. Start date is 2nd of March. Apparantly, selection process format is going to be Written test (a lot of questions were asked on upper Met, AGK and General Knowledge), Group session & IQ test.

bombayhues
1st Dec 2010, 06:57
1. The written papers has varied from exam to exam. The paper touches up on all the topics with emphasis on a different topic each time around. I think flyboy meant CRM when he was talking about General Knowledge.
2. The "IQ test" is the psychometric test
3. There is a group discussion on the day of the interview

capt.xyz
1st Dec 2010, 07:04
So have anyone got any further correspondence after the first e-mail asking the details...???
Thanks

siddu.pon
1st Dec 2010, 09:31
After sending the details, did any1 get any reply?

capt.xyz
1st Dec 2010, 10:09
no buddy...no reply yet..

BradPitt
1st Dec 2010, 10:52
Hey Flyboy, when did your friend sit for the interview!!

capt.xyz
2nd Dec 2010, 09:52
Next mail asking the payment of 375 USD is received ......!

Can someone suggest what to study and from where....???

Thanks

2nd Dec 2010, 10:25
@capt.xyz
can you plz help me to get in touch with parul or radhika ...they are not answering my call nor they replying emailsss...I you could confirm their email address or phone no.that would be really great

blackhawk777
2nd Dec 2010, 12:57
Letter Recieved.....

Dear Applicant,

You are invited for the CAE-IndiGo assessments ! Kindly note the eligibility criteria prior to making the payment for assessment(refer attachment).

IndiGo program details and selection process documents are attached for reference. The program is self sponsored and there is no sponsorship from the airline on selection.

Eligibility Requirements:

· Valid Indian CPL
· Valid Indian FRTOL and COP/RT
· Valid Indian Medical
· Min 25 ME hours(no more than 10hours on Multi engine sim).ME-IR should be endorsed on your Indian CPL.Indian CPL holders without valid RT or those appearing for RT exams are not permitted for assessments. You can attempt the next assessment to be scheduled later.
· Licences must be valid at all times
· Indian Nationality
· Minimum Age: 20 years, Maximum Age: 35 years
· We do not accept applications based on FATA rule.

Please note: Pilots selected through this program will be trained at CAE, Madrid. The assessment would consist of 4 Stages:

Stage 1 : Aviation Test
Stage 2 : English Language skill test
Stage 3 : CASS
Stage 4: Group Exercise and final round of interview (technical and HR) with IndiGo.

There will be eliminations after every Stage. If eliminated,you will be out of the process for 6 months, after which you can try again.You can not reapply if eliminated at the interview stage. Candidate successfully completing the CASS test will be invited for an interview with IndiGo. The interview date and location will be intimated separately to the successful candidates by email.

Documentation required on the day of assessment :

CV (with complete postal address), License, FRTOL, RTR, last 3 pages of logbook, Medical, Passport ( 1st & Last Page only) (both original and photocopy of all the documents is required). Photocopy of all these documents have to be submitted to us.

Note: Please do not make the payment if you are already A320 typerated /are not meeting the eligibility criteria /have appeared for the indigo assessment in the last six months/appeared for the assessment but could not clear the interview at any stage.

Cost : 375USD (Non Refundable)
Payment method : Bank Transfer

For Bank Transfer :

Bank Name : Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA)
Bank Address : Alcala 16, 28014 - Madrid
Account Number : 0182 3994 0402 0150 6348
IBAN : ES92 0182 3994 0402 0150 6348
BIC/Swiftcode : BBVAESMM

Details of the company (beneficiary name and address) to which the payment is being done is given below:

SIV OPS TRAINING, S.L.
Area Industrial – 2 “La Muñoza”
28042 – Madrid – Spain
VAT: B-84519677

You will be required to send the scanned copy of bank receipt, latest by 10th Dec 2010 to Ms Radhika H S ([email protected]) along with the answers to the Questionnaire below:-

· Copy of Bank Transfer Receipt:
· Transaction ID/Reference Number of the Bank Transfer:
· Complete address of the Bank:
· Applicant’s Complete Postal Address:
· Applicant’s Passport Number:
· Applicant’s Contact Number:
· Applicant’s Date of Birth:
· Name and location of the flying school :

Questionnaire (YES/NO):

· Do you hold a valid Indian License (CPL)? –
· Do you have a valid Indian RTand FRTOL? –
· Do you have a valid Indian Medical? –
· Is IR on ME endorsed on your Indian CPL? –
· Do you have an Indian Nationality?-
· Are you Type-Rated on A320?(If yes, Please do not make the payment and notify this to us) –
· Have you appeared for the IndiGo assessment before?-
1. If Yes,when?
2. Till what stage did you reach?
2. Have you ever been rejected at the Final Interview stage?-

There is no facility to pay cash on the day of assessment.
PLEASE NOTE:
Please carry the hall ticket at the time of assessment that will be issued by miss Radhika H S once you send her the scanned copy of bank receipt.

Walk-ins on the day of assessment is not allowed.

The Aviation knowledge test would be conducted on 20th,21st,22nd and 23rd Dec 2010 in Delhi. You will be allotted a test date by Ms Radhika H S in a separate email along with the time and venue details of the assessment once you send her the scanned copy of bank receipt.

Looking forward to meet you in Delhi !!

Warm regards,
Parul

blackhawk777
2nd Dec 2010, 13:00
Can somebody tel me for how long would the candidate has to be in Delhi...

37thousandfeet
2nd Dec 2010, 15:06
when did u apply for indigo? is it through CAE..?

blackhawk777
2nd Dec 2010, 15:48
37Kfeet : I have been applying for this written since March - April if i remember correctly... I did apply again in November.

Yes... Applied through CAE link on IndiGo website..

bombayhues
2nd Dec 2010, 17:09
Blackhawk: You will have to make multiple visits to Delhi. Each round is a day long and is separated by weeks (except for the very first batch who had the written, psycho, and the interview within 8 days!)

maverick_87
3rd Dec 2010, 10:14
I had word with parul 2dy.. and i requested for call letter to give this exams. but she said its not in there hands and the computer sends autogenerated e mail to the candidates directly from the system.
God know whts goin on with this CAE...

Scoobydon
4th Dec 2010, 12:35
no CAE doesnt send automated reply to its candidates...its wrong. :=

dragstar
4th Dec 2010, 16:33
any information on the no. of people being called for the exam?

euindkan
5th Dec 2010, 14:31
Is CAE still sending out emails for written exam or that's it for Dec attempt.

Vasu Gupta
5th Dec 2010, 14:58
Hey people,

I have received an e-mail from Ms Huria regarding CAE exams. I have no idea how and what to study ? I am sick and tired of studying oxford and cant do it more. Help me guys .....!!!!!!!:ugh:

blackhawk777
5th Dec 2010, 17:06
Hey..... after submitting the fee receipt have u already got the mail abt the date for the exam.. ????

Dude wat i have heard... my friends who got through INDIGO only recommend me to study Oxford ATPL !!!! if ur done with it i guess ur good !!!!

Best of luck !!

Vasu Gupta
5th Dec 2010, 17:56
@blackhawk777-

I have not transferred d money yet...will b doing it in a day or so...

Thanx 4 d info.

dragstar
6th Dec 2010, 04:59
I still haven't received the email asking to transfer 375$. Hoping to get it today.

and yeah even I am keen to know where else to study from besides oxford. since it doesn't seem to be the only source for examination questions.
and heard from people who cleared previous assessments that there are no questions on Jet Engines. just wanted to confirm if that going to be the case this time too.

BradPitt
6th Dec 2010, 05:14
"I have received an e-mail from Ms Huria regarding CAE exams. I have no idea how and what to study ? I am sick and tired of studying oxford and cant do it more. Help me guys .....!!!!!!!":ugh:

Start reading "Chacha Choudary" that might help. BTW if you dont know "Chacha Choudary" he is Indian version of Homer Simpson but little intelligent one.

I failed to understand what kind of help you are looking for, I mean be little more specific. Choose one option or all
a. I cann`t study coz I have wandering mind
b. What is real wander
c. I dont like Oxford give me cambridge.
e. I shouldn`t have recieved the letter coz I am sick and tired

Vasu Gupta
6th Dec 2010, 05:36
@Bradpitt

What kind of jack ass are you..?? I am stressed out here regarding the exams and asking for some help. If you can't do it or if you have nothing better to do in your life then go read Champaks and your preferred Chacha Chaudhary.

What I meant was that I am done with oxford books and if some smart people(obviously except a MORON like you) could suggest me with some other topics or books I could refer to which could sail me through the exams.

Hoping for no other blockheaded replies from your side.

BradPitt
6th Dec 2010, 05:59
Ohh buddy, you just got vitriolic their. Didn`t you!! It was all in good humor, which I guess you took it little personal.:=
Ohh regarding stress, learn to handle it better, but again who am I to say that, isn`t it.:oh:

Good luck with your stress and studies buddy:ok:

blackhawk777
6th Dec 2010, 06:08
In case everyone is done with the Oxford ATPL stuff... Instead of going with the "CHAMPAKS" and " CHACHA CHAUDHARY".......

Try your hands on the book by Keith Williams...
The name of the book is 1000 Q & A on General Navigation.... Performance... Principle of Flights..... etc etc....

Heard its a good book !!!
(Let me also know if u get a copy online... Searched toooo hard for it... No luck !!)

dragstar
6th Dec 2010, 06:21
@blackhawk777

Dude I tried looking for torrents but didn't find anything.

You can order them online from EBS in case you choose to pay.
http://www.englishbookstore.net/productdetails.asp?t1=4023

Does one need IR-Current for the Indigo assessment??

love2fly8510
6th Dec 2010, 08:28
@bradpitt & vasu gupta:
when did u get the mail regarding CAE exam??///??
im so worried as i haven't got the mail yet....i wish i get one.....

love2fly8510
6th Dec 2010, 15:35
@vasu @bradpitt and al of u...who hav got the call

wen did u guys get the mail regarding dec attempt???
im stil waitin fr call letter...tried callin Ms.Parul..i even mailed her but no response....any suggestions regarding wht to do???

blackhawk777
6th Dec 2010, 15:49
@Dragstar

I don't know about the IndiGo requirement... But am pretty sure that your IR needs to be current if u are going for a Type Rating at CAE.. Please call them and confirm.

@ love2fly

Sorry to say buddy i was in the same situation during all the previous attempts.. And yes they don't pick up the cals... Try ur luck mailing them and calling again & again. May be u'll get the mail if they are still sending mails .. :ok:

FlyingManutd
6th Dec 2010, 16:46
You dont need current IR ...all you need is being rated as ME IR ( it should be typed on ur Indian CPL )...You will get Rating from CAE on DGCA based syllabus with line with Indigo's SOP .

Dont confuse yourself and others regarding current status of License...

FlyingManutd
6th Dec 2010, 16:50
This link would bring some help .

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/412718-cae-indigo-recruitment.html

blackhawk777
6th Dec 2010, 17:05
@ FlyingManutd

Try sending a mail to CAE Madrid asking them details of A320 Type Rating Program. And the reply u'll get.... This would be a part of it !!!!

All courses offered at our centre are in accordance with the DGCA specifications and are currently available to holders of an Indian CPL.

In order to undergo type-rating training, the pilot must fulfil the following requirements:

Commercial Pilot License (CPL) valid till end of the course;
Multi Engine, Instrument Rating (IR) valid till end of the course;
Class I medical must be current;
Fluency in English.

I read the mail sent by Indigo for the assessment and it says only IR rating endorsed.
Thats the reason I told him Please Cal and Confirm

And if u read the link posted by u properly... there is a small NOTE which says
" Licence must be valid at all times "

I hope u know wat it means !!!

Take Care.

cyrilroy21
6th Dec 2010, 17:28
Is it true that to get an NOC from the dgca to do the type rating you need your multi IR to be valid ?

love2fly8510
6th Dec 2010, 18:44
thanks blackhawk777

FlyingManutd
6th Dec 2010, 19:14
@blackhawk777

You will get this reply not only from CAE madrid but from CAE UAE/ or for that matter any other TRTO (FAA or JAA....)
Why because you are going for self sponsored TR from TRTO which is following some certain regulation provided by respected regulator( Incase of CAE madrid >> Spanish CAA which follows JAA rules ).IF you try some TRTO of USA ...they would also follow up with same response.

But while going for TR under CAE Indigo partnership...all you are doing is getting a new rating with IR as per norms laid down by DGCA ...and Airbus has laid down certain procedure and requirements for getting typed on 'Bus which has >> ME land time and IR( on SE or ME...any...need not be current but should be vaild)..its only regulators that have add some addon requirements...

Now going by your post ..it seems that you got rolled over by term "VALID" and CURRENT are two different terms...

CAE had send this content since the start of assessment in april to over 400 guys who gave test for it had IR lapsed by more than 2 years and out those lapsed guys....few of lucky ones are right now in Madrid ....but if you still got doubts then walk down to Indigo's office and have a chat with Operation Dept....or keep trying CAE numbers....

That link has many similar queries with proper answers.
In short you dont need CURRENT IR.....

FMU

capt.xyz
7th Dec 2010, 04:06
Current IR is not required , earlier in April attempt it was their requirement but after May 28 , they changed the age limit as well as the current IR requirement , now u just need to have Multi Ir endorsed on ur CPL , when CAE starts the sim session , IR is renewed in the A320 sim itself in the first session and the DGCA requirement is done!

bombayhues
7th Dec 2010, 07:10
Capt XYZ is absolutely correct. Only the ME IR is required to be endorsed on the license. The IR is not required to be current!

wings on fire
7th Dec 2010, 07:48
I got the 1st mail on the 3rd and still hav'nt got the payment mail:confused:.Any one else who's sailing on the same??

Pradeep747
7th Dec 2010, 11:48
Q1.Mass-50000kg
L/D-10
Thrust-30000N/Engine
G-10m/s2
Find the climb gradient for 3 engine airplane?

LOFT
7th Dec 2010, 14:39
Climb gradient = 8%

Pradeep747
7th Dec 2010, 14:43
:Bingo!!!!!Cheers LOFT:D
It will be highly appreciated if u can solve it here in details

Pradeep747
7th Dec 2010, 14:48
Q2.De Compression Sickness is related with
1. Henry's Law
2. Dalton Law
3. Boyle Law
4.Charles law

LOFT
7th Dec 2010, 14:51
Henrys Law of Gases - Nitrogen forming bubbles and escaping out of tissues.

Aviator4u
7th Dec 2010, 14:57
Hey guys,hv a small doubt..wot is the accuracy of DME acc to ICAO standards,is it 0.25nm+1.25% of range or (.5 or 3% of range)??

Pradeep747
7th Dec 2010, 15:29
I believe its 0.5Nm or 3% which ever is higher

Pradeep747
7th Dec 2010, 15:31
@LOFT-U r right again.Guys every body post some question also...
Q3.What are frangible objects?

LOFT
7th Dec 2010, 16:06
DME Accuracy is + - 0.2nm as per the latest ICAO Annex ;
( and 0.25 nm + 1.25 % of range for older aircraft, older than 1989)

Frangible = brakeable (easily broken)

Vasu Gupta
7th Dec 2010, 16:09
@aviator4u-

it is .25nm 1.25%if u go by oxford and .5nm 3% if u go by GSP. I'll rather prefer oxford over GSP at this stage. :ok:

@pradeep747-

objects which tend break into fragments if deformation force applied.:ok:

CHEERS..!!

Vasu Gupta
7th Dec 2010, 16:12
How does leading and trailing edge flaps affect critical angle of attack ?

Vasu Gupta
7th Dec 2010, 16:33
Why is Vmcg determined with nosewheel steering disconnected ??:ugh:

LOFT
7th Dec 2010, 16:59
Disengaging the Nosewheel Steering provides a wet runway simulation.

Vasu Gupta
7th Dec 2010, 17:17
@LOFT-

What about my previous ques.?

Pradeep747
7th Dec 2010, 17:24
Leading edge flaps Increases critical AOA and trailing edge reduces critical AOA

LOFT
7th Dec 2010, 17:35
Basically you can pitch up higher when using the Leading edge devices and lesser with the Trailing edge flaps in comparison to the Clean configuration.

kinko
7th Dec 2010, 18:05
Nice work guys....btw..all these questions being posted from oxford??

wings on fire
8th Dec 2010, 04:10
The lift coefficient (CL) of an aeroplane in steady horizontal flight is 0.42. An increase in angle of attack of 1 degree increases CL by 0.1. A vertical up gust instantly changes the angle of attack by 3 degrees. The load factor will be:

Request u to put up an explained answer.

yogesh.dhumale
8th Dec 2010, 04:23
file:///C:/Users/yogesh/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpgfile:///C:/Users/yogesh/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg

yogesh.dhumale
8th Dec 2010, 04:33
the answer is 1.71
heres the explanation well its another example hope it helps u
Example 1.
An aeroplane is flying straight and level with a coefficient of lift of 0.55. The coefficient of lift
increases by 0.08 per degree increase in angle of attack. If a vertical gust increases the angle of
attack by 3º, what is the load factor?
Since the vertical gust increased the angle of attack by 3º the coefficient of lift will have increased
by 0.24 (0.08 x 3), and the new coefficient of lift is 0.79 (0.55 + 0.24). Since the coefficient of lift
and lift are proportional to the load factor the new load factor is 0.79/0.55 = 1.44. The new load
factor is therefore 1.44 and if the question had asked for the increase in load factor this would be
Example 2
What is the percentage increase in lift if the angle of attack increases by 4º due to a vertical gust.

euindkan
8th Dec 2010, 04:45
@ wings on fire
Let's assume lift is propotional to CL since other factors are not changing

Load factor = lift(produced at that instant/ wing loading/ wt
Here let's call AOA as variable 'x' fr simplicity

CL= k*x. k is a constant for all other variables which are nit changing like wing area, density etc

0.42=k*x
0.52=k*(x+1)

When AOA changes by 3 deg equation becomes
CL=k*(x+3)

Substitue values frm above equation n get CL= 0.72 when gust is experienced.

Now go back to st n level condition

Load factor=1
that means wt= lift in this case which is 0.42

Load factor in gust= lift(in gust)/ wt(which is constant)

Load factor = 0.72/0.42
= 1.71

Cheers

Maverick2167
8th Dec 2010, 05:50
@ wings on fire
Hi.... Have you got the payment mail yet,,? .... i got the first mail on 3 DEC too and haven't got any reply yet :sad:

wings on fire
8th Dec 2010, 09:14
Thanks for the help guys:)
@Maverick:I got the payment mail about an hour ago!!

capt.xyz
8th Dec 2010, 09:28
anyone got the payment conformation or the hall ticket mail yet?

kinko
8th Dec 2010, 09:43
guys are all these questions from oxford??

Pradeep747
8th Dec 2010, 10:12
@kinko-not all r from oxford

4. In what way is the longitudinal stability affected by the degree of positive camber of the aerofoil?

cobra24
8th Dec 2010, 10:21
@pradeep
specify the airfoil you are talking about

in case of wings ... the longitudinal stability would decrease
in case of horizontal stabilizer/elevator ... long. stability would increase

Pradeep747
8th Dec 2010, 10:35
answer is No effect because camber of the aerofoil produces constant pitch down moment independent of AOA

Pradeep747
8th Dec 2010, 11:05
Q-An aeroplane performs a steady horizontal turn with a TAS of 200 kt. The turn radius is 2000 m. The load factor (n) is approximately:
a)1.1
b)1.4
c)1.8
d)2.0

It says answer is 1.1

kinko
8th Dec 2010, 11:47
@pradeep747-could you check your inbox

euindkan
8th Dec 2010, 12:43
Firtst find out the angular velocity of the aircraft.
Angular velocity(omega)= V(TAS)/r(radius)

Take proper units . You will get omega in radians/sec.
Now convert that into degrees//sec and you will get 3deg/sec.

That means rate one turn. So find angle of bank by 10%TAS+7.

Now load factor= 1/cos(angle of bank)
L=1.1

Cheers

flying rocks 320
8th Dec 2010, 12:52
i doubt if such question would come... its an examnination for the freshers

dynamiteflyers
8th Dec 2010, 13:58
Absolutely!!!

Pradeep747
8th Dec 2010, 14:55
Thank u very much Euindkan..its so simple and i was taking it big and faltered.

@flyrock& Dynamite- Expect these kind of question and these are the question which is going to make u clear the exam and remember they are not looking us as freshers but as future AIRLINE PILOTS(sorry if i am hard & pl come out the freshers shell) and that was a simple q which needs little thinking(Of course i dint do it),still i hunted for the answer and got it...

Vasu Gupta
8th Dec 2010, 19:17
What are the basic elements transmitted by NAVSTAR/GPS satellites?
offset of the satellite clock from GMT
i ephemeris data
ii health data
iii ionospheric delays
iv solar activity

A) i, ii, iv
B) ii, iii, iv
C) i, ii, iii, iv, v
D) i, ii, iii

Vasu Gupta
8th Dec 2010, 19:30
In relation to the satellite navigation system NAVSTAR/GPS, "All in View" is a term used when a receiver:

A)is tracking more than the required 4 satellites and can instantly replace any lost signal with another already being monitored

B) is receiving the signals of all visible satellites but tracking only those of the 4 with the best geometric coverage

C) requires the signals of all visible satellites for navigation purposes

D) is receiving and tracking the signals of all 24 operational satellites simultaneously

Are these kind of questions expected..?

blackhawk777
8th Dec 2010, 19:32
You have altered the question. But not given correct options.....

Correct Answer : Offset of the satellite clock from GMT, Ephemeris Data and Ionospheric Delay.

Vasu Gupta
8th Dec 2010, 19:55
Which of the following statements is correct concerning the principle behind the correction of one of the NAVSTAR/GPS satellite navigation system errors by the transmission of the signals on two frequencies (L1 and L2)?

A)The effect of receivers noise can be reduced due to the interference of both frequencies

B)The influence of shadowing on the GPS signals is proportional to the inverse of the carrier frequency squared

C)The path delay of the signals in the earth atmosphere is proportional to the inverse of the carrier frequency squared

D)The effect of signal reflections (multipath effect) can be reduced due to the interference of both frequencies

cloudrippa
9th Dec 2010, 10:59
Dear Indigo Applicants,

Good luck once again on getting the letter and all d best for the d-day!
just wondering , considering the level of difficulty on different aspects involved in these Indigo selection tests, what amount of studying and how much vastness /level of knowledge would one grade fair to even attempt to guarantee success?

The comparison can be done on the basis of knowledge one might have from
1.DGCA/ ICAO exams?
2.CPL or ATPL level complexity?
3.Performance (a/c loading etc.) or just Plain -cpl -level navigation knowledge
reqd?
4.Compared to other airline exams , where would you rate Indigo's test at ?

Your response ( especially from previous takers of the tests / experienced pilots / applicant who've experienced diff tests at diff. levels ) would be highly appreciated.
(Only serious comments plz.)

Thanks for your time,
CR:ok:

wings on fire
9th Dec 2010, 11:56
32) Two identical turbojet aeroplanes (whose specific fuel
consumption is assumed to be constant) are in a
holding pattern at the same altitude. The mass of the
first one is 95 000 kg and its hourly fuel consumption is
equal to 3100 kg/h. Since the mass of the second one is
105 000 kg, its hourly fuel consumption is:
A) 3787 kg/h
B) 3426 kg/h
C) 3259 kg/h (Mark scheme answer)
D) 3602 kg/h
->My workings: 3100/95000=0.03263*105000=3426.3kg/h???

love2fly8510
9th Dec 2010, 18:41
hey guys...
those u hav got the letter for payment...wts d last date for making payment ???
and has anyone got the letter regading the final date n centre yet???
all the best evryone...study hard...

dragstar
9th Dec 2010, 19:21
@love2fly8510 (http://www.pprune.org/members/344590-love2fly8510)

The last date of payment is 10th Dec.
and I doubt if anyone has got hall tickets till now.

DJ Flyboy
10th Dec 2010, 04:47
32) Two identical turbojet aeroplanes (whose specific fuel
consumption is assumed to be constant) are in a
holding pattern at the same altitude. The mass of the
first one is 95 000 kg and its hourly fuel consumption is
equal to 3100 kg/h. Since the mass of the second one is
105 000 kg, its hourly fuel consumption is:
A) 3787 kg/h
B) 3426 kg/h
C) 3259 kg/h (Mark scheme answer)
D) 3602 kg/h
->My workings: 3100/95000=0.03263*105000=3426.3kg/h???

wingson fire please start a new thread relating to just Q&A so that all of us are helped.
Cheers!

ZeeZoo
10th Dec 2010, 06:05
Greetings Everyone,

Could anybody shed some light on how long will the entire procedure of written, Psychometry, IQ, Group discussion and interview take?

When would anyone know if they have been selected?
What happened in the previous recruitment? how long did it take?
Besides does the LOI garuntee a job after type rating or another "kingfisher" could happen here too?

Thanks

love2fly8510
10th Dec 2010, 07:01
@dragstar
Thank u soo much....:)

kinko
12th Dec 2010, 05:20
any mail on the venue and date guys?

dynamiteflyers
12th Dec 2010, 06:16
Negative!!!!!

bleedthesky
12th Dec 2010, 07:24
@ ZeeZoo

no ... a letter of intent doesnt give u a job guarantee ...

it merely states their intention to hire you ...

cant say another KF might not happen ...

but if it does, it'll be on a very smalll scale

and u might get a mail early nxt week ... it takes bout a week to process all the applications ...

a friend of mine who appeared for the april attempt told me this ...

hope this helps ... cheers :ok:

phul_tempo
12th Dec 2010, 10:54
Were calculators and CX2 allowed in the previous attempts.

And what about topics like- EFIS, inertial navigation, ADC . do they touch these ones too

ZeeZoo
13th Dec 2010, 09:57
@bleedthesky..

Thanks a lot... could you also find out as to how much time the whole process from written.. to the end of interview results take..

say if written was conducted today.. and one clears all rounds and the interview... when would u know u've made it.. time frame...?

Blue Skys!!

kinko
13th Dec 2010, 10:28
anyone dates and venue confirmation out as yet??

bombayhues
13th Dec 2010, 11:13
@ ZeeZoo: The last batch had their written exam on the 19th/20th of July and where told of the final results, post interviews, on the 15th of Sept. As for the batch before that. They had their written on the 2/3rd of June and were told the final results on the 9th of July.

Hope that helps

ZeeZoo
14th Dec 2010, 05:13
@bombayhues..

So do u mean to say that it'll take more than a month to know whether u've made it or not...

Do u guys realise that in such a case, one does not start training before march.. because of slot availability and blah blah blah and doesnt finish before april end.. so you wont "join" before May and lets not even talk about getting online...

God Bless Us Everyone!!

bleedthesky
14th Dec 2010, 05:18
so .....

did anyone get a hall ticket and a date yet???

dragstar
14th Dec 2010, 05:47
@bleedthesky (http://www.pprune.org/members/338834-bleedthesky)

no hall ticket as of now.

@ZeeZoo
The 2nd/3rd June batch finished their type rating last month but haven't signed employment letters till now.
and the 19th/20th July batch will be leaving for type rating next week.

So it could take anywhere between 2-4 months for you to know if you've made the cut. another 1-2 months for you to leave for type rating.
Looking at almost a year till you get online. The time line could change depending on Indigo's urgency to hire.

flyingcoffin
14th Dec 2010, 07:45
anyone who has gone through CAE - Indigo and got into Indigo? Personally i havnt come across anyone who has gone through CAE- Indigo and joined Indigo i know a guy who went to CAE by himself and is now flying with Indigo. The CAE indigo people who have come back are still waiting and these were the june batch i suppose and the next batch is yet to go for the TR. I don no if there are already people in the tube why is Indigo - CAE coming up with another test. Any info from insiders would help..

koolchaos3188
14th Dec 2010, 07:51
I guess they are getting them ready for the delivery of 16 a/c between now and end of 2011. and they have short listed 15 international destinations it wants to connect, including Dubai, Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Jeddah, the Maldives, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.

blackhawk777
14th Dec 2010, 17:06
Dear Applicant,

You are invited for the CAE IndiGo assessment as per the following schedule:

Date: 20th Dec,2010
Reporting Time: 9:30 AM
Exam Time: 10:00AM to 12:00 AM
Venue: The Parkland, Kalkaji ,
CC-30,31, Nehru Enclave,
Opposite Nehru place,
New Delhi-110019

Kindly carry the original and photocopy of all the documents mentioned below:

CV (with complete postal address), License, FRTOL, RTR, last 3 pages of logbook, Medical, Passport (First & Last Page only). Pilots who have submitted application to DGCA for conversion, need to submit copy of the application form. Photocopy of all these documents have to be submitted to us.

Along with the above mentioned documents, please carry Admission Ticket (Printout of this e-mail) and a photo id to the examination center.

Results of the 1st stage (Aviation Knowledge Test) will be declared on the same day. Shortlisted Candidates will be called for the subsequent stages in Jan,’2011, which will be in Delhi. Date and venue details for the same will be communicated to the them by end of Dec,’2010/early Jan,’2011.

Please Note: Its mandatory to carry Admission Ticket and photo id to the examination center. Parents/Guardians are requested to wait outside the Parkland (Examination Venue).

We look forward to meet you!

Kind Regards,
Radhika
Recruiter-Pilot Provisioning
CAE Simulation Technologies Pvt Ltd
E-mail: [email protected]

flyingcoffin
14th Dec 2010, 17:15
Pilots who have submitted application to DGCA for conversion, need to submit copy of the application form.

Din know that they were entertaining pilots for the written test, who are not in possession of Indian License.

Not discouraging anyone, i would srsly advise only ppl who hav contacts to go through the CAE thingie and spend $30,000 + . Rather than this get a A-320 somewhere else and apply...(at least you will save time)

I am also told (rumor) tht only people with some contacts are being called for the test. That is the reason there is such a hue and cry because a lot of people haven't even got the call....

aviator_hyd
14th Dec 2010, 17:28
only people with some contacts are being called for the test

Well wouldn't totally agree with u.. but its evident ht obviously people with contacts will always have an advantage over the ones that don't.

Imagine the condition of the Airlines, they are constantly being called by the big honchos and politicians, asking them to favor their candidate and select him/her and its not just limited to cockpit cew.. The airlines also have no other way but to listen to them cause in the future they would need the same person for their benefit, so its kinda give and take!!! cant help it..

Maverick2167
14th Dec 2010, 18:42
Got the mail for the test.....I just hope everything is Fair And Square.. :(

kinko
14th Dec 2010, 20:28
guys...pls do post questions after the test to help the others who are taking them in the following attempts!!
would be much appreciated!

dragstar
15th Dec 2010, 03:04
My hall ticket says-

Date: 23rd Dec,2010 Reporting Time: 9:30 AM
Exam Time: 10:00AM to 12:00 AM
Venue: The Parkland, Kalkaji

Anyone else taking the exam at the same time?
It would be really nice of people taking the exam on the 20th -22nd to post questions or topics. would be great help.

37thousandfeet
15th Dec 2010, 06:58
Has anyone here got call letter with IR lapsed..?

Scoobydon
16th Dec 2010, 12:29
hey , I received a letter on 14th regarding the exam on 21st then again i received a mail from radhikah that, plz ignore the previous mail and wait for the next.

then again after 2 hours, i received another hall ticket- same date same venue....ditto as previous.

does anybody over here with the same experience.

Speedbird1014
16th Dec 2010, 12:49
hey , I received a letter on 14th regarding the exam on 21st then again i received a mail from radhikah that, plz ignore the previous mail and wait for the next.

then again after 2 hours, i received another hall ticket- same date same venue....ditto as previous.

does anybody over here with the same experience.

Yes if u read the line where she asks for all the documents that are to brought, u would notice that initially they allowed even those guys who had submitted their docs for conversion, but now they have removed that line and your license is required on the day.

dragstar
16th Dec 2010, 12:50
@Scoobydon

Both letters are not the same. The below mentioned line has been removed from the second letter.
Pilots who have submitted application to DGCA for conversion, need to submit copy of the application form.

dynamiteflyers
16th Dec 2010, 15:56
anybody got it on 20th??

cobracommander
17th Dec 2010, 12:55
nope, 21st here too!

LOFT
17th Dec 2010, 20:30
It seems the post has been withdrawn but somebody requested answers for q's posted by vasu on page 6:

All in view : ans b

L1 L2 : ans c.

IIJ
18th Dec 2010, 15:50
thanks a lot/

epic787
19th Dec 2010, 06:24
Are calculators and cx-2 allowed for the exams?

Reply needed ASAP!

Guys please no backwaas talks on the reply!

Regards!

dragstar
19th Dec 2010, 06:55
Are calculators and cx-2 allowed for the exams?

Reply needed ASAP!

Guys please no backwaas talks on the reply!

Regards! The hall ticket no where mentions calculators or CX-2's, so I guess they are allowed. In the previous assessments people did carry calculators with them.

epic787
19th Dec 2010, 08:34
Thanks dragster!!

IIJ
19th Dec 2010, 11:30
I am sure that Cx2 and calci are allowed...guys plz post questions after the exam..!!Cheers
All the BEST>>!!!

phul_tempo
20th Dec 2010, 10:18
Nobody here with questions frm today's exam?

Bommer
20th Dec 2010, 12:43
Any idea what was todays paper like ?

phul_tempo
20th Dec 2010, 15:58
No inputs??
Heard 4 guys cleared today.

deval_soni
20th Dec 2010, 18:36
4 candidates cleared on 20th.

Pattern of the exam on 20th:

1) Human Performance = 12-15 ques.
2) Theory of Flight = Lot of questions of difficult standard.
3) Met = 5-6 ques
3) Regs = 8-10 ques
4) Flight Instruments = Around 10.
5) Radio aids = 10-12
6) Gen. Nav = Around 20

Met --> Met ques were not easy and they were based on JAA.
Eg. Mountain wave, Polar air mass, Freezing fog etc.

Regs --> Easy.
Eg. Transponder Codes, Airport signs, Interception signals.

Human Performance --> In-Depth Knowledge reqd.

Flight Instruments + Radio Aids --> ques were simple.

Gen. Nav --> 20% questions were tricky.

Theory of Flight --> 50% question were moderate and rest 50% question
were tough.

Good luck Guys.

epic787
21st Dec 2010, 01:17
Thanks deval soni for your info!

Can you tell us out of how many candidates 4 passed?

phul_tempo
21st Dec 2010, 02:34
Thanks a lot deval
How many guys appeared on 20th?

deval_soni
21st Dec 2010, 03:03
30 Candidates appeared in the exam.

epic787
21st Dec 2010, 06:17
How long they take to give the results?

Did they even checked all the candidates papers or just checked those 4 guys papers? :P

amrit69
21st Dec 2010, 06:39
Hey guys, was called last thursday by Parul, but still havent got my admission ticket so to speak. anyone with a similar problem?...im startin to panic!
P.S: Thanks devil soni,now we have an idea of the constitution of the paper as well as the toughness :hmm:

phul_tempo
21st Dec 2010, 10:14
Can someone throw light on today's paper and result

deval_soni
21st Dec 2010, 13:20
They are declaring result on the same day.

Aviator4u
21st Dec 2010, 14:17
5 outta 50 passed today...any questions frm yest or todays exam??

dragstar
21st Dec 2010, 14:53
Thanks for all the info on the exam. really appreciate the gesture.

what was the ratio of numerical and theoretical questions?

deval_soni
21st Dec 2010, 15:30
Around 15% numericals, rest theoretical.

Oscalima
21st Dec 2010, 16:04
Hey can anyone please tell how long does it take to know the results i.e by what time do they tell you the result..

deval_soni
21st Dec 2010, 16:44
Evening 6.30 PM

sandysup
21st Dec 2010, 17:27
Hi Deval,

Thanks for posting all the information about the exam. Just wanted to know a couple of things.

1. How do they declare the results? Are we reqd to stay back at the same venue? Or do they send an email with the result?

2. Also, was 2 hours good enough to solve all the 100 questions?

3. Was there any negative marking?

Cheers!

deval_soni
21st Dec 2010, 17:39
1) They announce the result on the same day around 6.30 pm at exam venue.

2) Times is limited, you need to solve paper very fast.

3) No negative marking.

sandysup
22nd Dec 2010, 01:51
Thanks a ton!

Cheers

Krits
22nd Dec 2010, 04:45
Hey guys.

So I cleared the written(21st). I was wondering if anyone needed a study partner in Delhi or someone for discussions over the phone for the interviews.

Also, what should I expect from the English and CASS stages?

As for the written itself. Study the oxford books.

Numericals were easy. I don't remember much regs. Aeromedical was hard and I may have gotten through on a bit of a fluke.

Avinash Chabra
22nd Dec 2010, 08:32
Hey Krits,

I hv my exam tomorrow. Can you pass on your email id or your contact no.? my email id is amivar01#gmail.com

Would really appreciate if you can share some questions from the exam.

Thanx

Oscalima
22nd Dec 2010, 15:46
krits..

check your pm..

dragstar
22nd Dec 2010, 16:06
was just doing some math.
about 150 people have taken the exam till now, out of which 17cleared.
CAE already made approx 375$ * 133= 49875$

Guys not trying to point fingers or make any point. its just an after thought.

PT6A
22nd Dec 2010, 16:47
Your onto it dragster! It's just a money making gig set up by CAE.

PT6A

wings on fire
23rd Dec 2010, 05:02
I hope this helps ppl who will sit fr Indigo cae in the following months...these are a few questions dat i remember from my exam on the 22nd :
Regulations:
1.What does a red flare in the air mean?
Ans:Not withstanding previous instructions do not land.
2.Visibilty,cloud minimas for VFR as well as IFR?
3.Flashing green on ground?
Ans:Continue/Clear to taxi.
4.A simple question on the semicircular system...ur heading was given so find the FL at which u can fly/
5.Transponder codes for radio failure and unlawful interferance.

and a couple of other easy questions on regs.

Human Factors:
1.Three layers of eye?
Probable ans:Iris,Cornea and Pupil
remaining all questions were from oxford human performance book.(around 10 of them)

Principles Of flight:
1.Relation between lift and drag wrt to aoa??
2.Relation between lift and weight in unaccelarated climb?
3.A question on load factor.(in a turn)
4.relation between v1,vmc,vr,v2(this is a performance question but this was the only question from performance)

1.QNH of aerodrome-1003...elevation 1500feet...u have to climb to FL75..so how much are u actually climbing.(just remember FLis always at 1013.25)

Basic questions on Dme range and frequency(U r 750 nm from station at night what frequency should u use??(I think the lowest in the MF band should be the answer)

I will put in more wen i remember!!Cheers and Good luck to all who Cleared:)

phul_tempo
23rd Dec 2010, 13:21
5/68 today

37thousandfeet
23rd Dec 2010, 17:23
i want to know whether indigo is hiring pilots after completing TR in 320.?

PT6A
23rd Dec 2010, 17:33
With time on type, or else via their CAE program

phul_tempo
24th Dec 2010, 03:47
1) Squak for radio failure.
2) DME slant range is 12 nm, a/c absolute altitude 9000msl, DME stn height x msl, what is the error is measured slant range
3) If there is misunderstanding due to “uncommon language” b/w controller and pilot what instruction will be issued for the a/c to make him land
4) Vitamin A causes loss of night vision due to ?
5) Some echoes are received 30 deg left of a/c track, Mag heading of a/c is 020 (M), variation, drift provided. Plot true bearing of the echoes?
6) Divergence Is associated with?
7) One metar ques asking , formation of due at night will be most profound in which case?
8) Unlawful interference, squak code?
9) Red flares shot from tower means ?
10) Tower shoots flashing red light, what does it mean ?
11) Anti-collision light should be ON during ?
12) One performance ques asking relation b/w V1,Vmu,Vmca ?
13) During descend pilot will descend on Mach no or CAS ?
14) Relation b/w TAS and IAS as you climb or descend?
15) Standard atmosphere is defined by (couple of options given)
16) Yaw Dampers are used for ?
17) Occluded front is formed when ?
18) Night vision is affected when ?
19) Stall speed given and a/c wt 6850 lbs what will be the stall speed when a/c wt is 5000?
20) Effect of camber in longitudinal stability?
21) Effect on landing distance when a/c is on ground effect?
22) You deploy flaps when coming in to land, this behavior results from which type of knowledge (options : skill based, rule based, knowledge based, pressure based)?
23) Stereoscopic vision is?
24) Lassaire-fair cockpit ?
25) What is white out?
26) One on “seat of pants” when in IMC?
27) Illusion created by linear acceleration in IMC condition?
28) Function of semi-circular canals in ear ?
29) Pilot decided to divert from his route
30) Static stability leads to… (couple of options related to positive, negative, static dynamic stability)
31) Scale in lambert conical, contracts b/w std parallel and expands outwards from it.
32) Latent mistake causes (options given)

33) REM sleep relaxes _____ and slow wave sleep relaxes _____?
34) Effect of camber on longitudinal stability?
35) A pilot is going from A to B, at some point P he decides to divert . he has three options C,D,E. (distance to C,D,E and HW/TW component was provided) find the destination which takes least time. TAS also given.
36) Pilot goes from A to B and back. TAS is 360 kts and HW is 60 kts. Find the time?
37) NDB allotted freq is?
38) Some freq was given and ques asked which cat will it fall in(VLF,LF,MF,VHF…)?

Will try to post more as i recall.

ak129
24th Dec 2010, 04:37
1 what happens to lift and drag(separate ques) as a plane climbs at const ias
2 a/c cruising at .84 mach at some altitue with time of departure and time of arrival given.it is required to delay its eta by 2 mins. when should it reduce its speed. (NOTE: the reduced speed is not given)

3 2 questions regarding intercepting and intercepted a/c

4 1 ques on rem sleep

5 astigmatism is?

6 stress is .... 4 options were given

7 an a/c is flying at a range of 750 nm on 320 fL which frequency should be used during night for r/t vhf,hf,mf,lf

8 to calculate range of transmission signal when height of a/c and that of antennae is given

9 simple ques to calculate g/s and wca using cx2

10 coldest air in a cold front is where?

11 principle of vor

12 principle and frequency band of ssr

13 3 ques asking the squawk code 7500,7600,7700

14 when cold front moves what happens to the stability of air ahead

15 what is vso

16 what is vlo

will add some more ques when i recall

mike_sierra
24th Dec 2010, 05:58
-what does a red flare indicate to an a/c
-squawk code Mode A for radio faliure
-green flashes from light signals to an a/c on the ground
-if equipped with transponder facility, when should it be used?
-Transponder code '2000' Mode A is for .......
-clearance of the a/c above hilly terrain, congested area(along with the radius)
-clearance from clouds in class B airspace, abv 10,000MSL
-DME working:principle qstns
-Meterology: TAFs, fronts, cloud types(shapes)
-rate of turn, load factor qstns
-1sm= ....... '
-NAVIGATION PROBLEMS:
mach no., departure, CDMVT, Track-Hdg-drift, S=D/T, freq-wavelength
numerics, scale, temp deviation, VOR indicator, line of sight range
-how does a RL appear on a direct mercator chart?(staright line)
-gyro errors, pitot-drain hole blockage
-TCAS principle(transponders)
-radio altimeter(system error)
-avg. height/temp of tropopause in summer/winter
-a while dumbell indicates .........
-right of way
-Human Factors (in depth,as usual)
-formation of hill fog
-lapse rate, density altitude, pressure altitude
-turning errors, altimeter errors
-correlation betn Vs,V1,V2,Vmc,Vlof,Vr,Vmu(< > =)
-what is the overall appearance of the a/c when the speed is reduced, and the altitude maintained
-factors affecting stall speed increase/decrease
-CL can be increased by.... (flaps and angle of attack)
-lift-weight relation in an unaccelerated climb
____________________________________________________________ ____
Good luck guys!

For those who have cleared DGCA, nav,met n regs is pretty staright forward..but emphasize on human factors and aerodynamics(oxford jeppesen)..big time.. :rolleyes:

cobra24
24th Dec 2010, 07:10
any idea what to expect in the English test and CAAS ?

deval_soni
25th Dec 2010, 07:18
Yes, We request ppl to put some lights on English test and CASS.

sandysup
25th Dec 2010, 10:59
Guys,
The e-mail from CAE would have all the details about CASS and the English test.
So just wait..

hawaijahaj
26th Dec 2010, 14:29
Any idea when is the next recruitment process ??

Scoobydon
27th Dec 2010, 14:06
i know few ppls returnd back after completing TR from CAE madrid, and they failed the sim check by Indigo and rejected by the airline for further employment. such a bad news. after clearing such tough stages and spending another 16 lacs.....sounds like a nighmare. :ugh:

bombayhues
27th Dec 2010, 15:36
@Scoobydon: Thats not completely true. There weren't failed in the sim check. A few mistakes were committed during the check and the candidates have been told to give the check again. They will be absorbed soon!

cobracommander
27th Dec 2010, 17:33
there's no confirmation to this fact.
Anyway its a well known fact here by now that even a monkey with 'influence' is given the oppurtunity to take controls

AMM88
27th Dec 2010, 23:05
Pradeep747-'Leading edge flaps Increases critical AOA and trailing edge reduces critical AOA'

Leading edge flaps i.e. kreuger flaps have the same function as the trailing edge flaps,increase camber and chord.and hence increase CL max but reduce stalling AOA.But leading edge slats/slots increase AOA as well as CL max.The 'leading edge devices that LOFT mentioned were these slats and slots,.Please correct me if im wrong. :)

AMM88
27th Dec 2010, 23:37
Based on the indigo exam 23rd dec, a question -
If aircraft stalling speed is 74 kts, gross weight 6500 kg,what is the stalling speed with gross weigth 5000kg?
A)57
B)67
6)74
D)91

Now, the best i remember (from all those deadly days of pre indigo hard work and alll the topics we had to cover) stalling speed increases with increase in weight.I selected 57.But lot of people told me that the stalling speed (basic) is always the same as indicated on the airspeed indicator (Vs). So i started thinking,there are SO many variables that affect the stalling speed of the aircraft.For flaps they have Vs1,so then what abt the weight? Please Advise.

This may be an easy one,but sometimes its the doubts in the easy ones that might just surprise you.

wings on fire
28th Dec 2010, 02:41
@AMM88.
For the critical aoa....it increases when the leading egde devices such as slots,kruger flaps are deployed for the simple reason that wen they are deployed a small gap is created through which the air can flow over the wing thus re-energizing it and thus delaying separation(basic cause fr a stalled wing).
2.as for the 2nd question the stall speed varies with change in weight...the critical aoa doesnt.
the correct ans to that would be 67:74SQRT new wt divided by old wt...it comes to around 65...so 67 is the correct answer!!!

AMM88
28th Dec 2010, 18:58
@ wings on fire
Kreuger flaps are leading edge devices that serve the same purpose as the trailing edge flaps, and are different from slats.Slats are the ones that create slots for air to gush in..

Also,then why do we have a fixed basic stalling speed shown on the indicator?? Is that for a particular weight??

Viraaj Shah
29th Dec 2010, 04:09
Basic Stall Speed on the ASI is marked for: 1] Maximum Weight 2] Straight and level 3] Flaps Retracted 4] Zero Thrust.

Any changes in these factors changes the basic stalling speed. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks :)

LOFT
29th Dec 2010, 12:57
Does anyone know how the next rounds will be conducted.
Will the English & CASS Test be conducted on one day and the GD & Interview on the other day. Or will each test be on a separate day, in which case it will take pretty long time for all the candidates to be done with.

LOFT:ok:

AMM88
30th Dec 2010, 01:06
Max weight.thats what i was looking for :).

LOFT i know everyones impatient about the remaining assessments but u just have to probably wait and watch..for now you go enjoy your new years and let them enjoy theirs :).Btw any idea how many have cleared the knowledge test in total??

deval_soni
30th Dec 2010, 05:32
According to Parul, English and CASS test will be conducted on the same day .

phul_tempo
30th Dec 2010, 07:16
According to Parul, English and CASS test will be conducted on the same day .

Did she tell you this personally?

Aviator4u
30th Dec 2010, 15:40
@AMM88
22 cleard the written...

deval_soni
31st Dec 2010, 09:22
Yes, Parul told this clearly at the time of declaring result.

cobra24
4th Jan 2011, 11:15
Any mails for the next round yet?

Speedbird1014
4th Jan 2011, 11:32
nup, no mail to me yet....

deval_soni
4th Jan 2011, 13:03
No mail yet.

djajay.jayaraj
5th Jan 2011, 03:49
Curious to know, Were flight Comps ( CX2. E6B ) Permitted ?

Speedbird1014
5th Jan 2011, 06:39
yes, they were.

phul_tempo
5th Jan 2011, 16:34
further stages will be held on 12/13 and 22/23 Jan in two batches
emails will be sent out by 8th

kinko
5th Jan 2011, 20:38
@phul tempo...you sure about a 10 day gap between the 2 batches?!..how did you get this info??

dynamiteflyers
6th Jan 2011, 07:57
10 day gap must be between CASS and final INTERVIEW n not between the bathches.....n @ful..tempo--is this ur info or frnds or frnds frnds??

Krits
7th Jan 2011, 06:23
Got my date.

17th Jan 9:30 Am. some place in Connaught Place.

Anyone else on the same date?

3rd stage (CASS) will take place on the same day if you pass stage 2(English)

37thousandfeet
7th Jan 2011, 12:32
does anyone have any idea when will the next session of interviews for fresh CPL holders be conducted...?

Speedbird1014
7th Jan 2011, 12:53
i am on 15th

kinko
7th Jan 2011, 22:38
anyone on the 22nd?!

LOFT
11th Jan 2011, 06:07
Anyone filled up the online questionnaire yet.

Speedbird1014
11th Jan 2011, 12:39
yeah just stuff about yourself, make sure u have at least 50 mins before starting.

blackknight999
12th Jan 2011, 04:15
all you people dont have big dreams...

phul_tempo
14th Jan 2011, 02:41
the assesment centre for stage 2 is just left of Barakhamba road metro station.

got my assesment toaday :8.. will post details about it later.

Krits
14th Jan 2011, 06:32
What Metro line is that station on?

I'll be travelling from Gurgaon on the Yellow line.

wings on fire
14th Jan 2011, 07:48
@Krits.
Get off at Rajiv Chowk.

LOFT
15th Jan 2011, 03:39
Guys get down at Rajiv Chowk on Yellow Line. Change to Blue Line going towards Noida and get down at the First Station, Barakhamba Rd. Come out of Gate 6, cross the road and walk towards CP (on your right) , the Statesman Bldg will be on your left. Its a circular bldg and a Major Land Mark!

Any heads up on how the interview would be?

LOFT:ok:

sandysup
15th Jan 2011, 05:11
@ phul tempo: how was your english test, cass and the interview??

cobra24
15th Jan 2011, 05:53
as far as i know the interview is not on the same day as english and CASS ... right?

phul_tempo
15th Jan 2011, 06:53
English test is a piece of cake:cool:. 2 guys on each day, one goes for CASS other for english test, and then they swap.
CASS- just read the pdf thoroughly, thats all i have there.:ok:
and there would be one online questionnaire similar to what you must have filled recently.

sandysup
15th Jan 2011, 07:12
@ phul tempo - Thank you..and how about the interview.? What kind of questions were asked?
@Cobra 24 - You have an interview with CAE people as well, on the same day and then comes your final interview with Indigo management details about which would be communicated later.

deval_soni
15th Jan 2011, 07:15
Sorry to post it late.

I gave my stage 2 and stage 3 on 12th.

Four things we need to undergo :

1) Structured Interview conducted by Radhika and Parul.(Very casual interview just to know about us).

2) AVQ (Online questionaire to know abour our personality).

3) English (Consisting of three sections, very easy).

4)CASS (Physical Assessment Test, it was on tougher side).

Order of these processes are arbitary.

I really got screwd up in CASS. Lets see.

Whoever clear these stages, will be called for interview either on 31st, 1st or 2nd.

sandysup
15th Jan 2011, 11:02
Hi Deval,

Pls check your PM.

Oscalima
15th Jan 2011, 12:54
Deval Soni

Please check your PM..

tarmac
15th Jan 2011, 13:20
guys can you post info on main forum, so that everyone can get some idea.

livetokill22
15th Jan 2011, 14:48
what exactly is the CASS (Physical Assessment Test)?

deval_soni
17th Jan 2011, 07:29
Hello ,

I have checked my PM's and have accordingly answered.

deval_soni
17th Jan 2011, 07:31
Hello livetokill22 (http://www.pprune.org/members/335303-livetokill22) ,

Physical assessment is CASS. in which we have to fly an combat a/c and do lot of activities altogether. Bascially , they check multi-tasking abilities.

Good luck to All.

peeeprune
21st Jan 2011, 10:00
Hello everyone, how is everyone doing, and are you all excited about results. They will be out pretty soon, once the cass sessions get completed. 29th Jan is tentative it might be out on 27th. Only the guys passing the cass will be sent the emails is what I have come to know.

Keep fingers crossed and keep studying, you might be called in at the last moment if the interview candidates don't hold up to the standard.

Goodluck to all.

bombayhues
21st Jan 2011, 14:13
@peeeprune

Everyone is sent an email and will be called for the interview. They interview will take a cumulative look at your performance with the CASS being given the maximum weightage!

THE MIR
21st Jan 2011, 15:49
When would be the next written exam for INDIGO-CAE ??? :confused::confused:

SuperflyTNT
21st Jan 2011, 16:31
I have applied for the IndiGo CAE A320 program and it has been about 6 months since. I haven't heard from them yet. There have been about 3-4 test/interviews being conducted since. How do I get myself to be invited to sit for the exam conducted by CAE. I have e-mailed parul on her work e-mail ID as well ([email protected]) . If anyone here knows any other way of being able to sit for the exams please do let me know. Thank you

peeeprune
21st Jan 2011, 16:55
@Bombayhues

As what i can see currently there will be some shortlisting done to call the candidates for the interview, because the mngmnt is pretty occupied. so only the candidates selected from the cass will be called for the interview. rest might be called later if the interviewed candidates are not found suitable.

@TNT

Have you tried sending a hardcopy of your cv by hand?
if not i suggest you try doing that, should help.

@mir

next intake is around april first week this year.

SuperflyTNT
21st Jan 2011, 17:22
@Peeprune

Thank you. Do you have the mailing address to where I can send my CV? I would appreciate it if you could pass it on to me. Thank you

THE MIR
22nd Jan 2011, 16:15
Does indigo hire back door??:confused: if they do, can sum1 show me the door;)
pm me!!

FlyingManutd
22nd Jan 2011, 18:30
Back door starts with your face infront of the Indigo's CEO's office door...and closes on your face....making you return with barren hand and sit alongside all others in queue of line for BACK DOOR entry....:p:p

thearsenal
23rd Jan 2011, 08:25
@peeprune
is it reliable information that indigo is recruiting in april???

phul_tempo
25th Jan 2011, 06:12
I believe today is the last day for stage-2&3 assessments

midnight cowboy
25th Jan 2011, 07:54
@THE MIR

Get in touch with scums of society (henchmen of politicians, their PAs, local dons etc) and other pimps who can show you the backdoor.

Try to get in touch with your local MLA or MP and tell him you are willing to make some good "party donations" etc. in return for a favor. (recommendation for an airline job)

That's how it works.

If it were so easy to just ask for the entry through the backdoor and pay some money, everyone would be doing that right ?

nishantgupta2009
25th Jan 2011, 11:27
Any Idea when Indigo is planning to have its next assessment.
Please share some info.

THE MIR
26th Jan 2011, 14:08
Hi every1

I'm planning for a self sponsored TR on A320. My only problem is that I don't have a current multi IR:ugh:.I cant renew my IR here in India coz i have done it on BE 76 and we have non in India. What can i do about it?? According to the DGCA is multi IR actually required for TR A320http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif ?
I have talked to the TRTO in Europe and they have no problem with a lapsed IR.

what can i do about it??

Krits
27th Jan 2011, 11:18
Interview Letter Received.

1st Feb, 9:15 Am, Gurgaon.

Anyone else on the same day as me? I'm leaving for Delhi on the 29th. If anyone wants a study partner PM me.

sandysup
27th Jan 2011, 11:25
Interview on the 2nd @ 0915.
Any idea if everyone who attended CASS is called?

Speedbird1014
27th Jan 2011, 12:03
Interview on 1st, gurgaon

dynamiteflyers
27th Jan 2011, 12:46
Seems like everyone has been called...

AMM88
27th Jan 2011, 12:50
mines on the 2nd 0915hrs. i had my CASS on the 24th.