View Full Version : Indigo Call letters for Freshers

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

rahulred5
7th May 2012, 15:25
^ Are you guys done with sim checks ?

thearsenal
11th May 2012, 12:03
@holding short

when you say one year, you mean it is delayed by one year or will they continue with our recruitment and only send us for the tr after one year?

aviator12
18th May 2012, 05:27
Definately it has been more than 14 days . No reply for us. the result for 16th guys also not declared yet. Where si ifly taking us?

AviatorVette
19th May 2012, 17:33
Its been nearly 2 months since I have returned from my type rating after the indigo selection process, theres a massive backlog due to kf pilots, its slowing the process of induction for everyone. No sim check yet for our batch and 2 batches before us!

Jibu
19th May 2012, 18:09
the market situation is very bad for us but unable to do anything

PT6A
19th May 2012, 18:18
AviatorVette,

Is your type rating still valid then? Not sure about the Indian DGCA rules.. But elsewhere when you do a ZFT type rating you have to commence line training within a specified time (shortly afterwards)

Otherwise you must return to the simulator for further training

thearsenal
28th May 2012, 07:34
Hey guys any idea on the length of delay of the cae recruitment process that took place in april?

F Abagnale
28th May 2012, 13:29
hello guys i am new to this forum..and i have one question please help me..
i applied for indigo last year and since then i have no reply from them..kindly tell me what should i do?:ugh:

alpha_victor_romeo
3rd Jun 2012, 04:16
Just Wait ... Have Patience !!:ok::ok:

am-rj-tbt
5th Jun 2012, 07:22
hello guys,

could anyone tell me what exactly constitute as radio altimeter errors?

i could think of band interference at ht more than 2500agl
and possibly errors in height display when on ground because they are designed to compensate for indicating height of main gear above runway in landing configuration so they display negative altitude sometimes on ground

are there more?:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

gAMbl3
5th Jun 2012, 11:17
Radio Altimeter errors

Mushing error : due to difference of height between transmitter and receiver aerial. Usually in climb or descend atitude.

Transmitter to receiver leakage : Leakage of RF energy between transmitter and receiver aerial across the surface of the airframe may cause noise or erroneous readings.

Signals reflected from undercarriage or other protruding surface may add to the error.

Multipath signal : Signal which reflects from the ground and then again reflected off the airframe and travels back to the ground for the second time and then enters the receiver. (Like Multihop in HF).

Some radio altimeter indicators show readings in increments of 5 feet. In that case there can be an error of 2.5 feet.

hawk007
11th Jun 2012, 05:23
any idea when is the next assessment if there will be one??:)

hawk007
11th Jun 2012, 05:51
Any idea when is the next assessment , if there will be one ????:)

iiiifly
12th Jun 2012, 04:17
hey guyz any idea when cass results will be declared ...... any new information:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::{:{ :{:{

Dihedralwing
24th Jun 2012, 08:25
Any news about next attempt?

SuperflyTNT
25th Jun 2012, 15:51
Any news for the people that gave the written exam on April 16, 17, 18 ? CASS dates or e-mail from either CAE/IndiGo ? How long do you reckon before they start calling people for CASS and the technical interview ?

blackknight999
26th Jun 2012, 12:28
As long as eternity...:ugh::*

polaris19
18th Jul 2012, 15:42
any news on indigo results on cass for guys who cleared on 16th april...eternity it seems....!Are others(17,18th apr ppl) called for cass ?

SuperflyTNT
18th Jul 2012, 20:08
@polaris19

None so far. The lot of pilots that finished their rating in Madrid in March-April are still waiting for their sim checks to be done. Earlier they were done within a month of them coming back to India. Hopefully there should be some progress in the coming months.

The AeRoDOME
20th Jul 2012, 17:41
Now all this backlog which was created mainly due to the Captains /FO's from KF transferring to 6E , should be cleared soon , since Indigo has even increased the a/c it will be receiving this year from 60 to 64 , and currently operating at a fleet 58 it means another 6 in next 6 months .

The only concern is , INDIGO may already have sufficient no. pilots for all these a/c's as well including people inducted though the Feb Type rated exam .

Now , Any clue , friends , When ACTUALLY will This Backlog Of Indigo clear ?

and more importantly ,

when to expect next 6E exam for freshers , if there would be any this year ?

Dexter320
20th Jul 2012, 22:11
Hey Guys, just a note on this backlog since it was brought up here..
The intention is not to discourage but to let the public know of the dirty situation indigo has gotten about 120 type rated pilots into.

i am one of those type rated pilots who got in last year 2011 through the indigo exam and have been waiting for more that 9 months on the ground after type rating and there are about 90 pilots who are after my batch waiting after being type rated.. no exaggeration there as we have an forum on FB.

Basically the problem is that they have taken in more that 485 pilots in the past year inclusive of the KF guys,and whilst all this expansion, indigo being the very business minded LCC that it is has decided to take ppl like you me and everyone alike for a ride as all the investment is on us and they dont share any liabilities.

Indigo is an irresponsible Corporate money making airline which views pilots as numbers and not as people, which is clearly reflected by their callous attitude towards all of us..

they do not keep us informed and we havent heard from these idiots for the past 7 months .. do not reply to emails..do not pick our calls..quite a PATHETIC HR and hiring situation headed by that incumbent Capt.Patrick Singh!!

and to top all that they go ahead and advertise their On TIME policy which clearly is lacking in this case..!

Basically they have a commitment with CAE to send X number of students for a type rating and recieve a kick back from CAE..a commission if you will, so what indigo is doing right now is going ahead and sending hapless souls to get type rated irrespective of there being no demand for pilots whatsoever..as they have nothing to loose as we foot the bill via loans from banks who already have started knocking on our doors asking to pay back the money rightfully so ..

they are actually inducting once every 3 months which explains the HUGE backlog waiting and doing nothing .. ive lost abt 15 months of my life since last year waiting fro this heartless, conscious-less airline which simply doesnt care as to what happens to its pilots.

So ppl writing the exam now will only get into the company post mid 2014..!! yes im serious..2014 as these guys show no inclination of hiring.. all of us are mere Tampons in the Managements eyes , stacked on a shelf to plug a leak in the no of pilots if anyone decides to go out to different airlines opening up, a sort of back up if you will..

All our LOIs have been renewed as they couldnt accomodate the hiring .. a case of pathetic planning and paltry execution..!!

if you do have any other airlines you can get into , please do get in immediately.. get your hours there and then join indigo as then they would favour you .. if not then go join the club of unemployed, type rated, anxious, under informed pilots who have been taken for a ride by the Greedy Corporation headed by Capt.Salim Zaheer (VP flight Ops ) who basically doesnt give a **** as the company sweeling with pride is winning awards after awards.

All that is well and good now as these awards are only an indication of the past and present while Indigo is ruining its future by demoralising willing , responsible able pilots who have been caught in this mess.

i know that the management ppl read PPRUNE, so all id like to say is .. go on Indigo , be proud , be arrogant revelling in your short lived success and build a dark future by treating pilots like objects, do not inform us anything and ignore our calls..when you face the same fate as AI ,KF and the rest , then we'll shall see who's going to ignore calls and just not report to work ..

u know what they say about Pride right..that it goes before DOWNFALL!

The AeRoDOME
22nd Jul 2012, 19:06
It is indeed disheartening to know these facts and the really unethical side of the airlines , Indigo to be precise here , due which the pilots are made to go through a strenuous mental fatigue , which can be avoided .

Indigo needs to take care of it's Pilots (to be ) . , coz soon they will Be and then they might want to have just their say and in only their way

@Dexter320 and @greatdanemike : friends you people have already had a lot of nuisance from 6E , and surely it is just a matter of time that you guys start reaping fruits of your hard work . Wishing YOU ALL THE Best :)
happy landings

and hopefully sooner than later somebody will open their eyes and things within 6E shall get better for pilots and pilot recruitment shall also take a positive graph upward , but for that to happen 6E management need an eye opener may be ,

and thus there should be and end to The grim story about Indigo.. and hopefully a new beginning for all pilots at 6E and All Indigo Aspirants

Dexter320
24th Jul 2012, 04:42
Thanks The Aerodome..

Guess now u know it and i know it.. the management wants to play blind..then so be it.. some day they will know it too..

Every Dog has it day ..!

polaris19
25th Jul 2012, 16:38
i think that by oct-nov they will start calling on for results of cass for the april 16,17,18 batch selections ...any idea if they have furher plans for adding more selections for freshers this year?

KKAARR
28th Jul 2012, 18:04
oh bhai polaris.. kyun bechare logo ko daraa raha hai... Plz dont spread rumours if you are not sure of it. It may make them lose hope & disheartened..

achhi achhi baatein kia karo yaar... jis se thodi hope bhi mile ;)

Indigo is working on it & they are trying to fix the things up..

dont lose hope..& we dont have any other option as well.. so why not go to optimistic side & pray for somethin good..

it may take time but it will happen....:ok: Cheer up ;)

LieDetector
29th Jul 2012, 04:46
Currently there are around 150 guys waiting to be inducted(CAE + Sabena cadets + Self TR) and with an induction rate of around 16-17 every 3 months you can well imagine the waiting period.

I would really be surprised if there are anymore inductions this year including guys waiting for their CASS results.

This over staffing was a very conscious attempt by Indigo(although the KF tide was a pleasant surprise for the management itself) to get the pilots right now when they are easily available and incur minimal induction costs than wait for the time when hiring picks up across the entire sector and you have to fight over prospective employees.

So unless you are a highly experienced bus captain or a TRE/TRI, you are not very welcomed at 6E.

polaris19
29th Jul 2012, 15:37
haha, kkaar....after reading 'liedetector' i think i was showing height of optimism...;)

GONG
1st Aug 2012, 20:37
@dexter320 well said bro !!!!Thumbs up ..

DeanWinchester
2nd Aug 2012, 18:09
2 Airlines are going to start up soon. Both with A320's.

They will surely need experienced people. They will have to come from somewhere.

Also with upgrades happening @ Indigo FO requirement only increases.

Backlog is big! Yes! But will clear soon.

Should hire by Dec/Jan.

Dexter320
4th Aug 2012, 09:33
Thanks GONG.

I hope you're right Dean Winchester..all of us are waiting for those airlines(deccan and volk) to open so that there will be some regulation of the bus pilots here in indigo..

cyrilroy21
4th Aug 2012, 19:30
@Dexter320

There are more unemployed A320 rated pilots than those that have received an LOI .
For the Feb A320 type rated recruitment 150 were called for the written exam . Plenty never got the call .

So competition is going to be very stiff even if you did get called for Volk or the New Deccan .

Volk has not even applied for an NOC . Air Deccan still has lots of debts to pay off before they will be able to start operations .

You will probably start working for IndiGo long before any of these start operations .

If you think you have it bad with an LOI from IndiGo.........trust me the grass is definitely not greener on the other side.......

Lots of people out there would love to be in your position than wake up every morning and wonder if they are ever going to get called by any airline.......

Dexter320
6th Aug 2012, 18:52
@Cyrilroy21

Hey Cyril, i understand that things are generally bad and wasnt even for a minute referring to the situation for the other ppl without faulty LOI's..

Was letting ppl know that the Indigo myth is just that .. a myth and having taken another 20 lakh loan for the type and waiting on something while the loans keep mounting doesnt conform with the "superclass" airline many think indigo is..

it professes on time policy in all its operations and yet 15 months after this process started ..none of us are yet to see the light here...believing indigo and getting a rating which is more expensive than the ones available in the market!

People need to know the sham and about the fraudsters running india's most successful airline..

trust me ive been through my fair share of grief before indigo in aviation since 2007 and just when i thought that all this is over they turn around and do this to 150+ ppl with the LOI's etc..

even last week all of us got a letter from Patrick Singh(the first one in 7 months ) stating that we need to take care of all our licences and if our ir currency runs out before induction we need to get it sorted out as well..now this means that theres another 2.5 lakhs involved which is just too much my friend..

were stuck in a place where we cant go ahead or turn back..and they are bleeding us dry..

People need to know that a job in indigo doesnt mean that their life is set .. but that their troubles have just begun..

and hence i dont wish such a nasty situation on anyone.. not right now.. maybe in a year or two .. but now its gone to the dogs..

Again not complaining.

vishwas_ddn
7th Aug 2012, 04:18
@ dexter whay you say is very right. the situation now is that unemployed pilots are ready to risk anything for a job ad that is the best motivation for these companies to take advantage, never be compromised because we did nothing out of the way, I guess more than a individual its a group fight, if we make consensus and as a group which can go against them might improve the situation slowly, eg. boycotting spice exams if they charge creaking 25k for.something so.cheap they conduct, air India charging 35k for gen category, and providing reimbursement for travel expenses for backward category, well is the general category minting money in their houses, they do this and govt. talks about living in harmony?
HOW CAN WE GET AS WE ALWAYS SAY UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
This is the most crucial time to raise our voices, else gone are the days of a charming pilots, indian pilots might just be compared with another pilot who drives the buses. MARK THESE.

DeanWinchester
16th Aug 2012, 20:02
IFA has landed!
IFB is going to be landing very soon! ;)

LieDetector
17th Aug 2012, 05:15
They have revised their fleet strength to 64 for 2012 from the previous 60.

Dexter320
17th Aug 2012, 06:35
FYI ppl: The next batch to be inducted on 27th August after a 3 month period...!!

blackknight999
17th Aug 2012, 12:09
Revised fleet strength to 64???how true is that??

superdunkaroos
17th Aug 2012, 15:02
Yes it will be 64 by the end of this year now. They are trying to make use of the manpower available in their ranks. They are also increasing route frequencies and adding new sectors this year.

Offtopic: They now have the largest market share, officially.
Latest market data.
IndiGo – 27%
Jet Airways – 19.4%; JetLite – 7.2% - Combined 26.6%
Air India – 18.2%
Spicejet 17.8%
Go Air – 7%
Kingfisher – 3.4%

DeanWinchester
17th Aug 2012, 16:54
@Dexter - So 5 batches including the one getting in on 27th Aug left?

Whats the waitlist number gone down to?

Dexter320
18th Aug 2012, 03:11
its a lill more than 5 batches.. currently there are about 120+ CAE TR'd people waiting in the line.. and they are only hiring about 13-15 CAE Tr'd ppl every 3 months , which leaves 10 + batches waiting..add to this the Self Sponsored ppl, the cadet pilot program ppl .. new hires from KF when it closes for good..we are looking at the current set of ppl being sent to CAE hired only by 2015 mid..

today i read that they have become market leaders...so hoping that this proves to be good news to all of us waiting..

DeanWinchester
18th Aug 2012, 15:11
@Dexter!

Buddy! 2015 mid! lol! i think it will be way earlier.

The KF guys were hired to take command (KF A320 guys) if not direct to command...Therefore once they (KF ATR ppl) get the requisite right hand experience, they will jump left.

That will make space for the right seat wannabees! Also people hired around 09-10 will be (if not already) getting command.

Also they'r getting new 320's every now and then..& the route frequency is being increased too..which requires more crew.

So the requirement of FO's is gonna be more soon. But yea! right now its a WAIT!

Dexter320
18th Aug 2012, 17:18
@ Dean : i understand that the supply to demand logic is used very often and honestly i hope that you are right..
BUT being over stocked right now with 900 pilots for 60 aircraft gives them that excess buffer to expand at such a pace..
Indigo is known for Maximum utilisation of an aircraft..
My estimates about people waiting for the interviews right now getting into the company in 2015 is based on the current trend of intake this year..
Also keep in mind that looking at the way international licences have been distributed to IGO, there isnt much room for such continued expansion EVERY year.. They are bound to saturate by the end of next year if international routes havent been liberalised.
so that puts the hiring at the current rate of 13 per 3 months = 52 CAE TR'd ppl every year.

with the estimated wait of 120+ (around 150 ) people inclusive of those who are waiting right now to be interviewed..thats 3 years from this very intake in august..and thats where i got the 2015 number from .. :eek:

but hey i might be wrong.. i hope i AM>> :)

DeanWinchester
23rd Aug 2012, 04:26
IFB has landed!

IFC & IFD coming soon!! :D

Prop.Time
23rd Aug 2012, 05:04
IFB has landed!

IFC & IFD coming soon!!
Mr.Winchester, why don't you tell us when INA left the fleet? As also when are the other November series INB/C/D leaving the fleet too?

4 coming in, 4 going out of the fleet. AFAIK, it keeps the fleet size constant.

LieDetector
23rd Aug 2012, 05:21
^No, Fleet size was revised to 64 for this year, so 4 extra 320's will be landing.

DeanWinchester
23rd Aug 2012, 06:26
INA Left first week August.
INB/C/D will leave soon too. They'r 6+ Year old aircraft's.

But the total number is still growing. :ok:

ali81085
29th Aug 2012, 19:35
are u a Cadette ??

DeanWinchester
30th Aug 2012, 05:46
Are they still recruiting for the Cadet program? with this big a logjam?
I hope not!

LieDetector
30th Aug 2012, 06:06
^^If you had read the thread, you would know your answer, which is NO!

No new intakes this year.

DeanWinchester
30th Aug 2012, 06:56
okay! thanks. my bad!

So whats your take on CPL recruitment for next year! do you think there will be any?

My guess, maybe by Aug 2013.

LieDetector
1st Sep 2012, 05:29
Only time will tell. The monkeys in the IndiGo HR have got themselves in a huge mess, and the disgruntled Pilots can now be heard everywhere, no wonder nobody wants to commit to this Airline, they get their experience and move on to better pastures.

LieDetector
8th Sep 2012, 09:58
As things stand right now, no fresh hiring for CPL holders for the next year as well. They have enough waiting and also guys who cleared the written to be sent for Type rating. I'm Guessing resumption by early-mid 2014.

3greens 1inthemirror
9th Sep 2012, 17:40
is this your prediction? or do you have a source?

LieDetector
9th Sep 2012, 18:13
Ask any IndiGo pilot who has been to the head office in these past couple of months or the 100+ freshly trained waiting joining.

It is a mess, Line traning, SIM checks, upgrades, everything is delayed, stagnant.

bombayhues
11th Sep 2012, 06:41
@holding_short: My question is what about utilizing all those FOs/Capts who are either sitting idle at home or flying 20-30 hours a month? I am sure IndiGo would like to optimize utilization of such people as most of them are on a 70 hr contract, which means they are being paid for 70 hrs, but are flying only 30 odd hours a month.
Not trying to discourage any of you guys waiting to be inducted. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to wait endlessly in spite of having an LOI.
Would appreciate it if someone could post the details from the meeting scheduled for Friday. Would help shed some light on IndiGo's future game plan
Good luck! :ok:

LieDetector
11th Sep 2012, 11:43
There are a total of approx. 70-80 (includes self Type Rated, cadets, selected & Type Rated) in waiting.

Nope, try around a 100.

IndiGo has called everyone to Mumbai this friday at the Avion hotel for a meeting. The purpose is to assure everyone that each and every pilot will be absorbed eventually and also let them know of the induction plans.

Do you even know anything about IndiGo? It will be the same bollocks that they have been feeding to their cadets for the past 2 years. :E
They are just trying to shut up the kids waiting at home, they don't like negative publicity.

My guess is that the ones who have cleared the written and waiting should get a call by late December. Since the remainder of the selection process will take atleast a month+a month to issue an LOI+ 15-20 days to start your TR+ 4 months to complete your TR and get a DGCA endorsement. So all in all, a candidate will be induction ready and available approx 6 months after they decide to call us for CASS & Interview.

If IndiGo needs us by July '13 then they need to call us by Dec mid. And why would they need us by July '13 ? That's because the old aircraft have been returned (1 or 2 left) and every month a new aircraft is being inducted. So in the next 6-7 months they will need approx 50 pilots (FOs only).

All this is MY theory that i thought I should share. May not be 100% right.
They will have a fleet of 60 by the end of this year, and with 850-900 pilots in their ranks they wouln't be stretched till they reach 80-85 airplanes, so no they will not need you by July 2013 ;)

Oh and be prepared to shell out more for your IR renewal once you get back from your TR, InidiGo takes no responsibility if your IR lapses while waiting to join.

Aviatorrr
14th Sep 2012, 13:27
Are you even working for IndiGo?? I don't usually post a lot but I must say the company does care about it's employees.. If lie detector, etc are in the company they would know why I'm saying this.. and if you still think it's crap well nobody gives a ____

errordetector
14th Sep 2012, 14:09
I totally agree on that....That was a big shock given by the company.....:D:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

AviatorVette
15th Sep 2012, 05:52
Indigo did a great thing by having these meetings, I hope they can expedite the induction though! :D

Aviatorrr
15th Sep 2012, 12:09
Right, I hope so too.. But we have to give consideration to the fact that they're running a business.. They might as well not have recruited us, the company would've still been running smoothly.. But, it was an unexpected and a great gesture by the company..

DeanWinchester
15th Sep 2012, 18:25
Anyone who would like to give a clear idea of what really happened at the meeting?

ali81085
15th Sep 2012, 20:02
who the heck is this liedetector ... always talking **** .. as if he no's everything .. if he did he would be in an airline flying and not faffing.. stop calling names to the only airline thats hiring and start studying .. people reading this tread please read this very carefully .. in an airline interview u r judged not just by ur knowledge but also by ur attitude.. arrogant people are easily spotted and rest assured, not selected .

errordetector
16th Sep 2012, 09:53
@ ali - so true dude......there were so many smart asses in that GD round and interview and all of the them are not with indigo now...Its different to get a little disappointed due to the delay and all but talking **** about the company without having any knowlege at all about their plans is totally unacceptable.....lie detector just shut your :mad: mouth and start studying....

LieDetector
16th Sep 2012, 13:27
who the heck is this LieDetector
Does not concern you.

.. as if he no's everything .. if he did he would be in an airline flying and not faffing
I do fly for an Airline, Thank you very much.

stop calling names to the only airline thats hiring and start studying

This Attitude that is somehow genetically present in most Indians, of accepting substandard and ridiculous terms just because they can't get into shiny big jets straight away is destroying this profession. Learn to live with integrity and honour, your mommy and daddy aren't going to feed you forever.

Its different to get a little disappointed due to the delay and all but talking **** about the company without having any knowlege at all about their plans is totally unacceptable

Their plans?

Lets see, you pay for your:

1. Selection Process
2. TR
3. Transport
4. Accommodation
5. Sim assessment post TR
6. Flight ticket for sim assessment at exorbitant rates because the HR Dept cannot be bothered about informing you atleast 4-5 days in Advance.
7. IR Renewal

For Idiots like you who have an unlimited stash of Daddies currency it might be ok, but not for the rest who take loans and ultimately have to pay them off by themselves.

I have said this many times and I say this again stop whoring yourselves to these businesses, learn to stand up and say something when it needs to be done.

superdunkaroos
16th Sep 2012, 15:00
^^Harsh but true.

billboard
16th Sep 2012, 18:26
This Attitude that is somehow genetically present in most Indians

Don't know about that but a generalizing tendency is present in racist idiots.

I don't know why some WT needs to be on this thread. Indigo hires only Indian nationals as FOs. How does this thread concern a WT?:confused:

I really hope you are a WT because if are an Indian saying all that, then you are even more pathetic. Such inferiority complex?! Or maybe a disconnect with your identity?!:yuk:

Aviatorrr
16th Sep 2012, 21:02
Their plans?

Lets see, you pay for your:

1. Selection Process
2. TR
3. Transport
4. Accommodation
5. Sim assessment post TR
6. Flight ticket for sim assessment at exorbitant rates because the HR Dept cannot be bothered about informing you atleast 4-5 days in Advance.
7. IR Renewal

You've got to realize that they never asked you to come and pay for any of this.. If you want to talk about fairness you should see people who have 5,000 hrs TT and only then are allowed to get into the big shiny jets.. It's a pure case of demand vs supply.. And mate, I don't want IndiGo to go down like KF, etc due to poor planning.. I'd rather wait and build a good career.. Just my two cents..

ali81085
17th Sep 2012, 13:46
22nd Jan 2012, 12:44 #2466 (permalink)
LieDetector

Out of the 50 who cleared on the 11th and 12th how many are finally going to be selected after being screened in the CASS and Interview?

22nd Jan 2012, 14:20 #2468 (permalink)
LieDetector

^^Thanks man

How was your CASS?

And any Idea what type of tech specific questions do they ask in the Interview?

22nd Jan 2012, 17:18 #2469 (permalink)
SCPL

Im still to do CASS.
Anywayz are you done with your CASS, LieDetector?

Then you let me know in detail abot it please.

22nd Jan 2012, 17:25 #2470 (permalink)
LieDetector

No man.
I'm still waiting for my license.

My friend has his CASS on the 24th, will talk to him and let you know.

12th Feb 2012, 12:58 #2512 (permalink)
LieDetector

No, 4-5 cleared.

Any Idea when the next interview is?

From the record of ur past post it is clear that on 22 jan u were still waiting for your license (DGCA to be precise) ..
12 feb you were still wondering if they (Indigo) are still conducting interviews coz u dont have a job or even a license for that matter.

So kiddo u DONT FLY FOR AN AIRLINE ... U r frustrated that they (Indigo) are not conducting any more interviews as u dont have a job .AND dO NO TALK **** ABOUT INDIANS or how u think our choices are substandard.

this is a forum called " Indigo Call letters for Freshers " not "what freshers think about indigo"

superdunkaroos
17th Sep 2012, 14:00
Slightly offtopic but does anyone know what happened to the Indigo-CAE cadetship that was supposed to start at Gondia?

When does the first batch graduate?

speedbird787
17th Sep 2012, 14:15
LieDetector's lie detected....good one ali:ok:

Aviatorrr
17th Sep 2012, 16:38
So kiddo u DONT FLY FOR AN AIRLINE ... U r frustrated that they (Indigo) are not conducting any more interviews as u dont have a job .AND dO NO TALK **** ABOUT INDIANS or how u think our choices are substandard.

this is a forum called " Indigo Call letters for Freshers " not "what freshers think about indigo"

Well, summarized mate, he doesn't work for any airliner and comes here to talk ****. And apart from that talks **** about INDIANS for no reason. Freaking loser. @Lie Detector.. Start studying you idiot rather than posting crap.

errordetector
17th Sep 2012, 17:45
@ ali - hahahahahahah......that was hilarious dude.....freakin funny...!!!

@lie detector - flying flight sim at home doesnt count as a job u mor*n.....nxt think jst think twice before u post anything abt any airline and specially indians.....
liar caught red handed...
:mad:

harsh786techy
23rd Sep 2012, 20:29
There are at least 20 cadets training for CPL in NFTI gondia(Indigo cadets). As far as the batch which joined in feb-march, they have not even started to start there flying training and are just studying to complete their DGCA exams. They have been told to resume flying once the monsoons are over. After feb-march there have been two more batches started under the same cadet programme. However, the fees for this programme has recently touched 50 Lacs, even more.

These batches are to be trained within 19 months of their start date in gondia. If not then CAE has to pay pay fine to Indigo as per the contract between them(which i think is about 500$/day). These cadets when pass out will be sent for Type training.. Mind it, the TR has to be also completed within 19 months.

(The information mentioned above is based upon rumours collected from different sources. I do not take any responsibility for the correctness of the above mentioned statements).

Flysafe and Flyhigh

LieDetector
25th Sep 2012, 16:46
From the record of ur past post it is clear that on 22 jan u were still waiting for your license (DGCA to be precise) ..
12 feb you were still wondering if they (Indigo) are still conducting interviews coz u dont have a job or even a license for that matter.

All you have proved so far is that my license wasn't issued in January and that I was helping someone with information regarding the selection process, either that or you must know something that me and employer don't ;)

And yes my posts have been on what the topic is.

Oh and I see the sheep are out in numbers, did not take much time.

Regarding the Gondia cadets they should be leaving for TR sometime later next year and will available for hiring early 2014. CAE and IndiGo have a contract that they must supply a certain number of Individual every year for the discounts and goodies they get in return, so I will not be surprised if more guys leave for TR next year than they can absorb.

alpha_victor_romeo
25th Sep 2012, 19:15
FYI PPL

New batch to be inducted on 29/10/2012 about 15 LOI Holders !!:ok:

No. of LOI Holders still waiting 75 :(

This is 2 months since their previous induction (the one on 27th Aug)

Looks like they are pacing it up !!

And yes the meeting was really nice !!:ok:

Don't loose hope ppl !! :=

Patience is the key !! :rolleyes:

Cheers !!

AVR:ok:

KKAARR
26th Sep 2012, 04:38
Alpha Victor Romeo ,

Bro can you please shed some light on the "Meeting that was held ".

I mean What are their plans , How do they intend to absorb the candidates, the timelines & any future changes etc if any . Please Let us know. Shall appreciate.

iamanaussiemavrick
26th Sep 2012, 15:18
Just thought should share my view also on the present scene. For new guys with absolutely no time on the type I guess IndiGo is still the best option. If there expansion plans go well they would hire you all in , but it's sure there mite be a time delay. But it's still worth as you have a long career ahead and definitely even with today's scene it is still the best airline to work in India
I think it was a good effort from indigo side to call you guys for the meeting. Am sure it would have given reassurance to atleast some of you, and from y experience not much people do it.

The FDI in aviation as of now haven't got a vivid response as of now. Except air Asia no one else has really even commented on investing. And all the things that KF was talking about doesn't look like happening. Hope some good companies invest into spice and maybe another 1 or 2 airlines start up in the next year or so .

Cheers :ok:

racingpsycho
4th Oct 2012, 12:37
Hello !

To all of you who have cleared their exams with IFLY and people waiting to get Inducted , a big congratulations to you all for being involved with one of the best airline !

I am a first officer with Indigo and I got through CAE programme in 2011 .
I came to know about the CAE programme through pprune . . . Worked my way through and now have 1000 hrs on type. .
After induction never had a chance to get back to pprune but after a long time I just went through all the posts from the time I left. . . And yes a lot of things have changed . . Brings back memory when being unemployed how motivated I was reading posts from other AVIATORS. . . But I am sad to see there is no motivation within you guys now. . Trust me guys you are in a much much better situation now than a year before. .
We are all 250 hrs cpl holders wanting to fly the dream machine the brand new Airbus320 !
Every minute waiting is worth !
I totally understand your frustration waiting a little more to be Inducted but at the same time try to be mature enough to understand the airline scenario as a whole !

When I joined we had 32 aircrafts and now it's 60 going upto 64 by the end of fiscal year 2013 after few of the N series going back. . There is a lot happening in the company and they are expanding at a tremendous rate . . Nobody thought KFA WOULD GET INTO THIS SITUATION and there were enormous amount of pilots with thousands of hrs on type joining us and obviously that was the company's priority to get them released online and even upgrading the first officers within the company so that there can be vacancies for freshers like us .

I had to wait for six months after the interview to start my TR but after that my whole line traing including everything took 2 months and was released online and within a year and 2 months I have 1000 hrs. . !

The line training ,sim checks , base checks is not a joke . . They are finding it difficult to schedule us for IR/LR, Monsoon training for the line pilots as there are no sim slots in. CAE Bangalore . . It is definitely utmost important for them to use their trainers and sim slots for their line operations and get their transition capts and pilots from KFA TO BE CLEARED so that they can start inducting you people . .
And anyways if Indigo never gave us the chance , wat options did we have . . There is no jet,spice , go nothing hiring . .
I was a KFA cadet . . The school ASA went bankrupt and I lost all my money . . Had to redo my cpl training and still managed to complete my training but still KFA never gave the job they promised and now they did give it to few of my friends but without salary and you guys now know wat a pathetic situation they are in !

There are captains with 5000+hrs still. Cant get through IFLY . . . You guys are still lucky the company still promises to honour your LOI and is still helping you out with whatever they can during your waiting time . .
I just read few people cribbing about paying for your flight tickets to get to their office , paying for sims. . . Oh common guys we didn't resign our jobs at NASA and are here wasting our money . . .

All I wanted to say is don't lose hope . . It's just a matter of time . . . You guys would be flying the airbus and staying at star hotels , picked up by chauffeur driven cars and beautiful ladies serving you breakfast . .

Keep studying,when the call you and when you start you line training be well prepared . . . Show them how motivated you were during these hard times and more importantly stop bitching and demotivating others. . . These are not the qualities of a pilot !

All the best !
Happy landings!

livetokill22
5th Oct 2012, 01:47
^Very well written.

MLSAPPCH
26th Oct 2012, 08:20
Rumours of IndiGo-CAE conducting exam on 7th November.
Start sending mails nd get into ur books ppl...:D

cyrilroy21
26th Oct 2012, 08:32
@MLSAPPCH

Rumours of IndiGo-CAE conducting exam on 7th November.
Start sending mails nd get into ur books ppl...

The April 2012 recruitment is not yet over ?

Why would they start another recruitment before the previous one is concluded ?

cyrilroy21
26th Oct 2012, 08:50
I had a friend call Parul Huria and she confirmed that there is no recruitment . Now unless she was lying........do you know someone who got called ?

manoj john
26th Oct 2012, 10:01
ya same here, even a friend mine was told by the CAE official ( Parul Huria) there is no written coming up soon. if someone gets a call and if u can let us knoe, it woulld be highly appreciable..

heavyvehicle
30th Oct 2012, 17:39
Meeting was fine. The guy was rude. Sort of herded us like cattles. Who is he? Patrick was the guy with no hair.

MLSAPPCH
30th Oct 2012, 18:39
which meeting r u talkin about..:ooh:

cyrilroy21
30th Oct 2012, 20:06
Any truth to the rumor that Parul called up those shortlisted for the CAE IndiGo exam on Nov 7th ?

MLSAPPCH
31st Oct 2012, 03:52
Luks like it is true..check the post by Admin on the page

https://www.facebook.com/UPWAI

mike_sierra
31st Oct 2012, 04:59
UPWA Unemployed Pilot Welfare Association: They wont send any e-mails this time..........! Phone call is the only proof...........!

This is rumor overlapping a rumor. Since when did 6E tweak the recruitment process by not sending e-mails and phone calling candidates?!
75 waiting with their LOI's, another 65 odd waiting for their further stages to resume since April. Does not quite add up. :confused:

nishantgupta2009
2nd Nov 2012, 08:38
Indigo has taken kf pilots on contract, they paid for their type rating and all expenses, they r not fool to allow condition like reverse flow of pilots, thts when the contract kicks in.

aviator12
2nd Nov 2012, 11:40
According to the rumour 5 days to go for the exam. No emails to show. Nobody I know who says he is invited for the exam. No one from IndiGo knows anything about this exam. No calls for ppl waiting from the april attempt. SO DOESNT THIS CONFIRM IT IS A RMUOUR. So many people have called and checked with CAE , who know nothing about this exam

vivekh
7th Nov 2012, 11:31
so was there an entrance today or not?

Gajender
20th Nov 2012, 13:35
Like ny othr govt jobs ,it has to get an aproval frm the head of tht dept before conducting the exam ,so in the same way do the airlines in india need to get an approval from dgca or they hve to inform dgca about thr plan to recruit ?

It might be true for air india becoz its a govt airline , but do the pvt airline like jet n indigo need to notify dgca about it ?

I knw its like off topic qust but thought u guys wont mind ans it..

erharshtiwary
22nd Nov 2012, 07:33
hey guys please keep updating for indigo exams regularly it helps alot

sameerpunia
27th Nov 2012, 14:36
how to get in there... i have tried to mail them...no replies...:ugh: these freaks r just fooling around... ,even Go/Indigo are just making fun of young pilots..:ugh:

erharshtiwary
28th Nov 2012, 17:16
any idea of indigo exam in 2013 keep posting boys

rahulred5
29th Nov 2012, 09:41
They have more than 80 pilots from CAE and self rated exams waiting to join (not counting the Kingfisher pilots). In addition they have yet to conduct interviews for the April attempt.

They will conduct exams again only once they clear this massive backlog.

SuperflyTNT
30th Nov 2012, 09:29
@rahulred5

Hey, do you have any sort of idea as to when IndiGo/CAE will go ahead with conducting the interviews and CASS for the candidates that got through the April attempt ?

SuperflyTNT
30th Nov 2012, 09:33
But yes, I'm certain they won't go ahead with another written exam until they clear up on the present back log.

Apart from the rumors heard about an exam being conducted on Nov 7 although there is no proof to it, as no e-mails were sent.

Transponder7777
2nd Dec 2012, 04:09
Dear All,

Can anybody please tell me where to get IR renewal on A320 aircraft..mine is expiring on 10 March and I need to do it before that.. kindly guide me on the process and I would prefer to do it from India and save the travelling and VISA hassles..:ugh::ugh: any valid response shall be highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Transponder7777

erharshtiwary
6th Dec 2012, 07:22
Transponder7777

hey bro there is a A 320 sim center in gurgaon .....i think it will cost u very less compared to foreign countries and the money will be saved as well.......its in gurgaon .......try them

erharshtiwary
6th Dec 2012, 07:30
they are not taking anymore pilots from kingfisher. at last the ego of young pilots has some say in indigo ....they are very critical of this step from indigo management about hiring the kingfisher pilots ....as the indigo s loyal pilots are sitting around and kingfisher pilots are taking command over them ....now they wont take any experience pilot from KF atleast and they will take exam in early 2013 as they dont want to loose the positive pressure of unemployed pilots they enjoy

dg4749
12th Dec 2012, 16:18
Transponder7777 FOR INQUIRY of A 320 sim center in gurgaon EMAIL TO: [email protected] will cost approx 2 lacs

cyrilroy21
12th Dec 2012, 17:07
After making a profit for three consecutive years in a high-cost environment, IndiGo, India's largest domestic carrier by market share, ended the financial year 2011-12 in the red.

The Gurgaon-based no-frills carrier made an operating loss of Rs. 87.6 crore in FY12 as per

government data placed before Parliament on Wednesday. IndiGo had made a profit of Rs. 18.1 crore in 2008-09, Rs. 446.7 crore in 2009-10 and Rs. 602.4 crore in 2010-11.
"We expected IndiGo to have reported a very modest profit," said Kapil Kaul, South Asia chief executive officer of aviation consultancy firm Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation. "I am not surprised though as FY11-12 had a hostile cost environment."

IndiGo did not offer any comments.

IndiGo's operating expenses in FY12 were R5,640 crore as compared to an operating revenue of Rs. 5552.4 crore.

The airline's operating expenses were set to increase after it launched international operations in September 2011.

The carrier, owned by Gurgaon-based Rahul Bhatia and US-based investor Rakesh Gangwal topped up an earlier plan to buy 100 Airbus planes with another 180 in 10 years beginning 2015, with a shopping bag of $15.6 billion (around Rs. 70,000 crore).

Singed: IndiGo made loss in FY12 - Hindustan Times (http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/SectorsAviation/Singed-IndiGo-made-loss-in-FY12/Article1-971996.aspx)

rahulred5
13th Dec 2012, 02:34
That seems to be the only paper which claims that IndiGo is making a loss. None of the other established papers are reporting on this.

But most importantly IndiGo has issued a statement

http://www.facebook.com/goindigo.in

"For your attention:

As a matter of policy, IndiGo does not comment on its profitability. However, a recent news article stating that IndiGo did not generate profits for fiscal year 2011 - 2012 is not correct. The airline continues to generate healthy levels of profitability."

KKAARR
13th Dec 2012, 07:56
this brings some hopes & may set some pace to the induction..

Kingfisher, Etihad renew deal talks - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Kingfisher-Etihad-renew-deal-talks/articleshow/17577713.cms)

:ok:

alpha_victor_romeo
7th Feb 2013, 13:10
4th FEB - 20 LOI Holders !!

Rest hang in there they will definitely start hiring soon !:)

Thanks,

AVR:ok::ok:

LieDetector
7th Feb 2013, 16:45
^Highly doubtful, they have enough backlog till April-May next year.

4 Batches of the CAE group
1 Batch of TR
and then the Gondia cadets should be graduating as well.

I'd very surprised if they hire this year at all.

KKAARR
8th Feb 2013, 05:28
hah.. bit of news after a long time..

did they just inducted the 2011's LOI holders ??

Any news abt the exam process pending from last year ? :sad:

blackbirdsr72
8th Feb 2013, 16:43
As per the latest news from Rahul (Indigo) and Ole Orver (Qatar Airways)
Indigo has refused FDI Proposal from Qatar.......

sameerpunia
9th Feb 2013, 05:42
Any news for A320 type rated with zero hours on type?

What about KFA? Is there any possible deal in near future?

:ugh:

blackbirdsr72
9th Feb 2013, 06:18
KFA "Gone with the Wind"... Chapter closed. Still acting few gimmicks so that the people involved in sanctioning huge Loans (officials from Nationalised Banks) against the future cash flows without any asset backing , gets the required time to find ways and means to write off the loans.......

bhambri
9th Feb 2013, 07:22
I think Kf will revive if not summer schedule then maybe this year winter I maybe wrong but this is what I think.

And for A320 rated exam it might take time but will come up in 6-8 months.

sameerpunia
10th Feb 2013, 02:23
oh well...what a shame!

cyrilroy21
27th Feb 2013, 19:03
Hey the UPWA is reporting that those that gave the exam back in April 2012 are getting calls for the CASS test on March 14th

Can someone confirm ?

flexiflyer
28th Feb 2013, 03:36
Yes.....people got the CASS dates........

SuperflyTNT
1st Mar 2013, 20:14
Yes. I can confirm this too. Few of my friends have been called for their CASS.

Any credibility to if Indigo/CAE conducted a written exam for CPL (freshers) in Nov 2012 ?

Also, any idea when they will be conducting the interview for April 2012 written exam candidates?

sharma1prash
3rd Mar 2013, 03:23
hi
Hopefully this year will bring enough jobs for everyone.Amen

sharma1prash
3rd Mar 2013, 03:50
CAE is an absolutely fair body.CAE actually picks up resume randomly from their system/data and the entire process is fair.Yes Indigo does have a say.If 100 candidates are appearing for the exam then 50,this is half the candidates are through the reference of indigo.Now how those references are decided,we all know that.So try and find a reference in indigo or wait for your random selection by CAE.:ugh:...

Aviator 1
15th Mar 2013, 16:13
I just got a mail from CAE . (i.e 15/03/2013)

Date of Aviation Knowledge Test: 8th -12th April, 2013

Got one chance now and i want to give my 100 % .:ok:

cyrilroy21
15th Mar 2013, 16:28
cyrilroy21 got the call as well ;)

Jibu
15th Mar 2013, 17:47
Hey Guys can any one let me know about some crash course for the Indigo exam in April

bayblade
15th Mar 2013, 18:12
hi guys, can someone provide the contact information mentioned in the email.

hawaijahaj
15th Mar 2013, 19:52
Yup got a call....any suggestions about preparation?

bombayhues
16th Mar 2013, 07:29
Hawaijahaj, if you look closely this thread runs about 145 pages long. I am sure you will find everything that you want to know about IndiGo and the CAE exam in those 145 pages

wxy
16th Mar 2013, 07:36
If possible could you guys please mention the email address from which you are getting the email. Or email itself, if possible please.
I didn't got any call as well. Not even once as of yet.

johney_flying_high
16th Mar 2013, 07:53
Congrats guyz :D, this is the time we all have been waiting.. Just keep it in mind,study everything possible and don't let this chance go--its not just HF but tech, navigation and regs...

All the Best

hawaijahaj
16th Mar 2013, 13:18
@bombayhues....right now i would like to read the pages of some good book not this forum:=:=

vinayak
16th Mar 2013, 16:49
Guess this boy isn't getting any take offs or landings even if he gets thru when flying with Captain Bombay Hues :}

blackknight999
16th Mar 2013, 17:21
I think even if he gets to do the rt he would be happy:hmm:

bombayhues
16th Mar 2013, 18:31
Hawaijahaj, this thread possibly contains everything that can be asked on the CAE exam. But if a book works better for you then so be it. Good luck :ok:

aviator12
16th Mar 2013, 18:39
People looking for Crash course for preparation for CAE IndiGo Exam, can DM me.

ifly787
16th Mar 2013, 19:42
i havent received a call letter from indigo yet. are there more like me? should i still expect till couple days?

CF680E1
17th Mar 2013, 15:44
all the very best guys!

SuperflyTNT
18th Mar 2013, 09:06
How long is the CASS going to go on for? (April 2012 batch) Any idea when they will be calling people for the interview ?

aviator12
18th Mar 2013, 09:11
@superflyTNT. Cass started 12th of march and the last Cass is on 28th. For interview nobody has got the call yet. Rumours are it will take a month or so. Bit u never know

pilot.india
18th Mar 2013, 12:32
On what basis do indigo/cae call people for the exams.

I have know a few guys getting call more than 5-6 times and some not even once.

Is it really fair.

Indigo should look into this matter seriously.

SuperflyTNT
18th Mar 2013, 12:35
Thank you @aviator12. I was speculating sometime before the written exam starts (April 8-12, 2013). So I was assuming first week of April.

cyrilroy21
18th Mar 2013, 12:44
For those of you that appeared for the CAE IndiGo exams since 6 May 2011......

Have you seen any topics appear in the written exam that is not there in the DGCA syllabus ?

For eg: MLS , AWR , GPWS , TCAS etc are not there in the DGCA CPL syllabus and CAE points it out that the Aviation Knowledge test will based on questions from the DGCA CPL syllabus
http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B4.pdf

SuperflyTNT
18th Mar 2013, 13:11
If I remember right, I got a question on TCAS and GPWS (one of the modes OR the height between which it operates). Although I would advice you on reading on them before going. Also, it isn't too difficult a topic to read on. Good luck @cyrilroy21

Aviatorgupta
18th Mar 2013, 16:21
Hello everyone..wanted to ask if spice is comming up with vacancies or not soon..plz shed some light

Aviator 1
18th Mar 2013, 17:05
@pilot.india

I am sure no one would answer to that question coz truth is no one knows it . ( may be a random selection )

and i too tried several times ( Been 3 years :ugh: ) and now i finally got chance.

so all i can say is Try try n Try.

Best of luck ! :ok:

mobeck23
19th Mar 2013, 07:56
@ error detector

hey....what kind of questions were thr in the written exam
and is it on a percentile basis or getting 70% above will make us qualify for the next round??

bhambri
19th Mar 2013, 11:04
You score 70% and up and you clear the written exam. no percentile system.
for exam point of view this topics are very imp
Human performance, General performance, Principles of flight, Met, Regs(air law), Nav and radio instruments.

MLSAPPCH
19th Mar 2013, 11:06
This time they might not be declaring result on the spot as mentioned on the CAE website which are updated on 15 march 2013...

mobeck23
20th Mar 2013, 18:39
@ bhambri
thanks buddy
and on the mail from sandra it was written that we wud be called on the first come basis n so i sent her the details spreadsheet the same day but havent got any reply after that.

did any of u who has received a mail for this written got any response after?

mobeck23
20th Mar 2013, 18:45
@mlsappch

where did u see that article about declaration of results.
i couldnt find it on the cae website.

if possible paste the link
cheers

bhambri
20th Mar 2013, 19:11
Its under Selection process 3rd paragraph

All candidates who score the minimum pass marks, as decided by IndiGo, shall be intimated individually. Henceforth, the results will not be announced after the test.

hawaijahaj
23rd Mar 2013, 08:30
anyone got the roll number?

PanzerIV
23rd Mar 2013, 09:26
Not yet. Hopefully get one soon though.The whole 'first come, first serve' thing really ***** with my head. Add to that the fact that my IR expires in May, I think I pretty much need to give this attempt.

Good luck to everyone who got called up.

AviatorVette
23rd Mar 2013, 09:38
@ Panzer Keep calm & keep studying.

Jibu
23rd Mar 2013, 18:29
Anyone who gets a mail from sandra kindly update it and if i get it i will do the same..

Best of luck

hinitin123
26th Mar 2013, 09:12
Looks like so far no 1 has received the 2nd email.....:rolleyes::ugh::ugh::ugh:

aniqua
26th Mar 2013, 12:30
I thot by atleast 26th ppl shud rcv the 2nd email

PanzerIV
28th Mar 2013, 08:19
No one received the second email yet?

udaviators
28th Mar 2013, 09:28
Normally how many days before the exam, are the roll no.'s received??

hawaijahaj
28th Mar 2013, 10:30
niet:=:=:=

cyrilroy21
29th Mar 2013, 15:44
The second email for short listed candidates have been sent....

av8er1990
30th Mar 2013, 05:10
i got my letter and confirmation from parul....all the best guys...lets nail this one ! :ok:

aviator12
30th Mar 2013, 11:07
Best of luck to all for the exam. Incase anyone requiring professional help for the exam can dm me. Again wish u all luck. Nail it

alpha_alpha
31st Mar 2013, 09:30
By confirmation..do you mean hall ticket also?

bhambri
31st Mar 2013, 10:23
they will start sending hall tickets by 2mrw as last date to give the confirmation is 31st march.

flyhigh21
1st Apr 2013, 17:24
did any1 get hall ticket:\

cyrilroy21
1st Apr 2013, 17:28
I expect the admit cards to be sent earliest by friday

Would be surprised if they sent it any earlier...

alpha_alpha
1st Apr 2013, 19:57
Hall Tickets have been sent.

Check your e-mail guys..

Best of Luck to everyone who has received it.

hinitin123
1st Apr 2013, 20:29
hall ticket has been sent to the candidates already.:D:D
:ok: good luck guys !!!

0G2
1st Apr 2013, 20:31
april fools day wounded up way better than anybody would've thought it would:p. besta luck people :ok:

cyrilroy21
1st Apr 2013, 21:17
Whoops looks like they sent it much earlier than I thought they normally would :O

Anyway Good Luck everyone :ok:

flight517
2nd Apr 2013, 05:16
Anyone with dates 11th/12th?

bhambri
2nd Apr 2013, 06:25
yeah. last night people who are being called for 8th got mails. exam location same parkland, kalkaji.

Best of luck guys.

cyrilroy21
2nd Apr 2013, 06:33
I believe all admit cards are out . Myself and a friend was allotted the 12th

If you havent received the admit card / hall ticket then please email Parul and Sandra informing them at the earliest

kapoor.varun
2nd Apr 2013, 07:11
hey guys .... are scientific calculators allowed for the exam or the CX2 ... also this is multi choice with no negative markings.... can anyone who has written this exam before please shed some light .... the email does not have these instructions.. thanks

flight517
2nd Apr 2013, 07:14
anyone who got the second mail but not the third one??

Reverb_SR71
2nd Apr 2013, 07:38
There are still lot of people who haven't got the 3rd mail. I know a person who got the second one today afternoon. call up parul/sandra if you haven't got it yet . . . .

0G2
2nd Apr 2013, 08:29
kapoor.varun
Both the CX2 and the sci. calculator were allowed for the last attempt said a friend who gave the last attempt, don't think theyd stop us this time . Well just carry it , whats the worst that can happen .

cheers

SuperflyTNT
2nd Apr 2013, 09:08
CX2 and Scientific calculators are allowed. No negative marking. Good luck to those writing.

What dates are the exams on? All days from 8th through 12th? Or just 11th and 12th?

SuperflyTNT
2nd Apr 2013, 09:12
Any word on when they will be calling the April 2012 batch candidates for interview? Are all of them done with CASS?

0G2
2nd Apr 2013, 09:16
yup all the way starting from 8th till 12th, its going to be really hot in there :ugh:

captkiller06
3rd Apr 2013, 07:14
never appeared for cae indigo exam .want sum help to prepare myself to give the best shot.

flyhigh21
3rd Apr 2013, 08:04
can any1 help me with parul and sandra's no it would be really appreciated

DEEPIKA SHARMA
3rd Apr 2013, 08:16
Sir
i have done my type rating onA320 and my papers have gone for endosement could you help me as to start preparing for exam and interview for future... and could inform if indigo would be coming up for type rated vacancy also?

bhambri
3rd Apr 2013, 15:24
Go through this link http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/460731-a320-type-rated-pilots-exam-indigo-airlines-10.html

You will come to know what to study and if exam comes up for rated guys you will come to know.

Aviatorgupta
3rd Apr 2013, 17:12
Does anyone know when indigo will hire next for cpl holders??n if spice jet is comming up with vacancies soon for cpl holders..please do reply thanks

iceman89
4th Apr 2013, 02:56
an awr echo at 30 nm when beam is level w/ the aircraft is lost when the centre of the beam is tilted upwards at an angle of 2 degrees.how high above the a/c is the top of the rain?
a.600'
b.1500'
c.3000'
d.6000'

thank you!
-----------------------------------
got tha ans! <2 deg tilt -1.5 of beam width times range(30)> /60 into 6080 gives 1520' or something..answer is b!

Aviatorgupta
4th Apr 2013, 03:50
Hello does any one know when indigo will hire next n any details about spice jet exam for fresher's?

Johny Boy
4th Apr 2013, 09:39
Indigo has called CPL level pilots on April 8/9/10, 2013 for exam.
Spicejet never calls anyone without any reference and for that you need to know which door to knock on.

capt.nikhil
4th Apr 2013, 18:09
Dear all users,
I WANT to know if one person gets 2 hall tickets by sandra, on 2 different dates, then on which date that person should appear for exam, lets say one on 8 and another on 10,
So what should that person do, for indigo exam,.
thanks

wxy
4th Apr 2013, 20:07
How did you get two tickets ?

alpha_alpha
5th Apr 2013, 06:19
Try your luck on both dates...:E

Jibu
6th Apr 2013, 04:28
@capt nikhil

Indigo wale aap par kuch jyada hi meherbann hai 2 baar apprear ho jao and enjoy....

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Send a mail to sandra forwarding both the mails and letting her know the situation, soon u will get a reply from her.

Jibu
6th Apr 2013, 04:31
In case a Caption smokes in the cockpit , what should be the correct action a Co- Pilot should take... provided co - pilot is a non smoker

flexiflyer
6th Apr 2013, 05:26
can anybody confirm whether the exams are on 8,9 and 10th only and not on 11th and 12th of April 2013.....?????

bhambri
6th Apr 2013, 06:33
all five days. 8th 9th 10th 11th and 12th of april

flexiflyer
6th Apr 2013, 07:33
Thanks for the info friend...... :O

iceman89
6th Apr 2013, 11:13
A great circle track joins position A (59° S 141° W) and B (61° S 148° W). What is the difference between the great circle track at A and B?
A) It decreases by 6° .
B) It increases by 6° .
C) It increases by 3° .
D) It decreases by 3° .

iceman89
6th Apr 2013, 11:29
ive used the ca formula 1/2 dlong times sin(mean of lat)..so my answer comes to 3 degrees but i dont know if its increasing or decreasing.

sierra_november
6th Apr 2013, 12:51
@iceman89
It has to do with convergency between two longitudes and therefore the answer is B) It increases by 6° , as it's in the southern hemisphere .

iceman89
6th Apr 2013, 14:54
thank you sir for clearing that up! so convergency increases in the southern hemishere,i have to study more upon this subject.but thank you!

sierra_november
6th Apr 2013, 17:10
@iceman89,

No, convergency does not increase in the SH . In this example you're going west from 141 to 148 in the SH , that's the reason GC track increases by 6 degrees. If you draw it out with a rhumbline track you'll be better able to understand what I'm saying.

3greens 1inthemirror
6th Apr 2013, 17:25
In the southern hemisphere, the convergency decreases as you travel from west to east. And it increases as you fly east to west (which is the case here).

calculate using the formula, Convergency = dlong * sin (mean lat)

and not the CA one as CA is just the angle between the rhumb line track the great circle track.

priyanka999
8th Apr 2013, 07:05
guys appearing on 8,9,10,11 of april, please share details about the exams... thank you

SSA
8th Apr 2013, 07:19
Hows was d xam guys who appeard for todays writtens??

Will b helpful if any1 can post few questions frm todays xam...

capax_infiniti
8th Apr 2013, 08:58
hey guys,

Here is what i can re-collect. Pardon the randomness.. this is just the basic idea:

1. Regulations:
- Radio Failure : transponder codes
- IFR minimum altitudes: In Mountainous and Uncontrolled airspace.
- IFR Flight: Doesn't want advisory service so do you need to file a flight plan.
- Transition Level/Altitude: When do you change over
- Light Gun signals: Flashing green
- Double White cross on ground
- Basic radio phraseology- for readback and requesting information

2. Met:
- Frontal Fog
- Katabatic / Valley winds
- Basic numericals on standard atomsphere: ex. At FL140 temp is X, assuming std atm, what would be the temp at FL110
- What will be the height on 500 mb level in temperate latitudes

3. Instrumentation
- ASI: Blockage errors.
- Altimeter: Blockage errors
- Radio Altimeter: Does it measure true height or true altitude
- Basic on ADC
- Magnetic Compass Errors: Westerly Acceleration in Southern Hemisphere.

4. Radio Aids:
- VOR range : 2-3 questions. Basic numericals. Flight level given or height of aircraft & station given.
- NDB: basic 1:60 numericals. A/c is 3nm left of course at given distance, by how much should you turn and in what direction.

5.G-Nav:
- Departure Numericals: 2-3 questions - Basic ones
- Convergency. Basic numerical.

6. Human Factors:
- Circadian Lows
- communications in the cockpit
- Optimum Arousal
- Laissez Faire cockpit
- Anderson Model
- hyperventilation

7. This part I wasn't expecting to be as extensive as it was.
Aerodynamics
- Winglets - Purpose
- Sweptback wing: Lateral stability same as equivalent straight wing/ CL lower or higher than equivalent straight wing.
- Lots and lots and Lots of questions on CG (Not numericals.. theory)
- Fowler flap extension on T-tail a/c: nose up/nose down moment?
- Neutral Stability wrt to CG
- 2-3 questions on AOA
- How does induced drag vary with Airspeed
- A/c on the ground, through what point does the weight act?
- Effects of leading edge slats
And a few more that my brain seems to have blocked out.. hopefully some one else can fill in the blanks.

All the best..

flight517
8th Apr 2013, 09:48
@capax_infiniti: thanks for the questions, when do they plan to declare the result, and would it be date-wise or a combined result with normalizing the scores of all the candidates ?

capax_infiniti
8th Apr 2013, 10:30
No clue about whether the scores are going to be normalized.
As for the result- when asked, their reply was standard.. "You will be informed via email"

alpha_alpha
8th Apr 2013, 11:10
Thnx for the info...Appreciate your help..

Jibu
8th Apr 2013, 11:21
capax_infiniti

Thanks buddy

& did u got any idea that till when u can expect the mail from them.

flyhigh21
8th Apr 2013, 12:01
What will be the height on 500 mb level in temperate latitudes. I didnt understand this question could u explain pls...

Jibu
8th Apr 2013, 12:03
@ flyhigh21

500hpa = 18,000 ft

flyhigh21
8th Apr 2013, 12:11
can u explain pls.

Jibu
8th Apr 2013, 12:27
nothing to explain, just to remember

and go through this

Atmospheric pressure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure)

capax_infiniti
8th Apr 2013, 13:03
typo on my part: What will be the height of the 500mb level in temperate latitudes?
500 mb = 18000'
Options were in km's, so the answer is 5.5 km's.

flyhigh21
8th Apr 2013, 13:33
thank you and other question which u can recollect!

aviator3233
9th Apr 2013, 13:59
can anyone please provide me sandra's mail id ?
Thanku

alpha_alpha
10th Apr 2013, 02:53
[email protected]

Before anyone asks for Parul's e-mail id also, it is:-

[email protected]

Aviatorgupta
10th Apr 2013, 03:36
Guys please post questions been asked In the indigo exam please

CF680E1
10th Apr 2013, 14:02
Can someone please elaborate on CASS? Is it mainly a stress test/Interview? I've read through the relevant CASS related replies on this thread and want to know if it is moderate or very tough and the kind of preparation needed for it apart from just going through the handbook.

Thanks

bhambri
10th Apr 2013, 14:36
Are the results out ?? or confident enough that you will get through. anyways Cass is more of a multi tasking job like how efficient you are in handling the aircraft and solving things simultaneously and not only solving managing things prioritizing using all the possible resources you got.

They are just checking your temperament under such conditions. Not tough at all just be yourself and if you think you are going wrong somewhere make sure you take corrective actions as soon as possible and practical. You will enjoy the task given to you more like playing a video game.

Good Luck !!

CF680E1
10th Apr 2013, 15:14
@bhambri

No, I don't even have a CPL yet lol..even the ones who apply for NFTI/IndiGo's cadet scheme have to go through CASS. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!
Btw, what about the structured interview session? Any preparation needed?

alpha_alpha
10th Apr 2013, 18:09
If the concern is airlines, dude you are quite far from these processes and also there's a possibility that things might change by the time you reach this level.

I would suggest you to focus on getting your CPL first. I understand extra knowledge is not going to hurt but still it might be of no use to you.

Now talking bout NFTI, do they conduct CASS and interviews before enrolling students in their flying club??

CF680E1
11th Apr 2013, 00:48
@alpha_alpha
Yes, they do conduct CASS and that's the reason I asked.

Reverb_SR71
11th Apr 2013, 04:56
Nfti and Igrua both have cass as part of their selection process :cool:

av8er1990
11th Apr 2013, 05:05
for those wanting to know what to prepare...cae is no longer giving too much weightage to human performance...dont get me wrong...there are few questions..simple ones but it doesnt account for 70% of the paper

Human factors

heart receives blood from coronary arteries
hyperventilation
qstns based on semicircular canals
behaviours of different types(demorcratic, cooperative , self centerd) of captain in cockpit

regulations

squak codes
light signals
ceiling

met

friction layer
steam fog
find temperature using lapse rate
clouds

radio

numericals based on calculating new heading after drifting off track
dme range and principle
RMI
turning errors(lot of qstns)
altimeter sums using qnh
radio altimeter principle

nav
calculate reduced TAS if you need to reach destination 5 mins later
calculate final destination coordinates using departure formaula

performance

questions based on cg. -how it affects range and stability when moved around
some thing about coeffiecnt of lift during climb and origin

ALL THE BEST:ok:

cyrilroy21
11th Apr 2013, 05:09
@av8er1990

When did you give the exam ?

av8er1990
11th Apr 2013, 05:12
i gave it on 9th...i couldnt post this cause i didnt have access to net..

Jibu
11th Apr 2013, 10:44
If anyone geta a mail for their result kindly post it whether its for fail or pass

bayblade
11th Apr 2013, 11:14
I gave the exam on the 10th and there were many questions on HF none on met, so don't relax on the hf subject.
two topics which are definitely going to be there are sums on aircraft magnetism and cg questions as they seem consistent in all papers.

aviator3233
11th Apr 2013, 11:42
Thanku for the info !! appreciate it

CF680E1
11th Apr 2013, 13:56
***@ cyril

as i said previously
It all depends on your CASS reports
and you cant do any thing about it, i mean you cant prepare for it nor you can change it. The only thing to take care about is that the Interview which they say its a ''Casual Interview'' many people dont take this interview seriously and go without preparation thus screwing their cass report and your interview please give more stress on CASS as its more important than the final PI

despite telling this, people are taking this offensive.***

Thought this would help people. How does one actually prepare for the CASS interview?

Jibu
11th Apr 2013, 17:44
seriously man not getting any idea abt what is CASS and how to prepare for it..

if anyones knows it well plz plz plz let us know and whether that will CASS will be in delhi or bangalore and of how many days.

aviator12
11th Apr 2013, 20:24
CASS is CAE aircrew selection system which is conducted in Bangalore at CAE center.

it has three stages. First will be a English test followed by a physical task stage and finally a casual interview.

You cannot prepare much for either of these three tasks. lots of data is collected and analysed by experts in order to confirm if we are the right person for this job or not. the key is to remain calm and not panic. All selected wil get a handbook which will answer all your questions, before time. just read the handbook atleast 10 times.

wait for a email from sandra. n best of luck ppl

aviator jet
11th Apr 2013, 23:12
hello everyone.
i did clear my CASS and interview 2 years back but it is almost the same till date from the very beginning.
Regdng CASS preparation , i completely agree with Aviator 12 and disagree with bhambhri...
CASS is not a simple task, there will be a comprehensive aptitude test with tons of questions regarding your personality,behaviour and social habits and of course 'detecting your TRAITS'...these questions will be very tricky and sometimes confusing if you try to be too smart..
TIP:.'just be yourself' and do not change your statement because one question will be asked many times in different words/meaning...need to be careful..........

secondly ENGLISH TEST....it will be a sort of average test with simple noun/pronoun, fill in the blanks,complete a statement,compare a statement ......and checking your voice quality and pronunciation...........
TIP: Be calm but dont take it easy,dont be hasty in replying..you will have approx 10 sec to answer so take atleast 5 and think twice ..some ques might look easy but will be tricky.....do not act like a kido with american accent,most of the people do it..though the operator's voice will be in US accent,be normal and speak loudly and clearly....

PERSONAL INTERVIEW: this will be the lightest of all, sandra/parul or smbdy will ask you in detail about your personal & professional life specially about your flying passion,training memories,best & worst part of flying training,your ambitions,how will you behave in certain situations in a multi crew cockpit....etc
TIP: do not try to show off (most of the people i know had not been selected finally who did so),you are just a kid in psychology in front of these smart females,they exactly can judge you by your statements,so be reasonable,simple & fair in your conclusions & statements and most important: (WRITE SOMEWHERE WHAT DID YOU TELL THEM BECAUSE IT WILL BE ASKED AGAIN IN FINAL INTERVIEW)....this is because you should not change your statements intentionally or my mistake,THEY WILL WATCH FOR IT...

and finally FLYING CHECK & questions: Frankly speaking,this is the point in which i totally disagree with bhambri because this is an impossible task which even air force fighters cannot do....whoever is claiming is to be easy is just showing off & telling a lie...i challenge any body who can do this perfectly,it just cant be done due to plenty of reasons:
There will be five screens,3 in front of you for a cockpit view,one on left and one on right...in booklet,you will find all five screens visible within your eye envelope,i mean you dont have to move your head left or right....but but when you see it practically,left and right screens will be placed farther from front screens so that you have to move your head full left and right while answering questions and you have to reach for them(it is not within your arm range)......in this process you have to either release your stick or your throttle while flying(to touch the screen for correct answers)...as a result you will loose/gain your altitude/speed or direction.....so you have to do a compromise and answer limited ques as you have to focus on flying also......
there will so many things to remember and calculate while flying which is humanly impossible to do 100 percent correct (no body in this world can do)....so do what you know and focus and divide your attention equally on both things...dont be panic and dont crash.....practice some normal reasoning ques so that you get used to it...
nothing much you can do about it....it is basically to check your stress level.....remember " indigo doesn't require extraordinary pilots..they are looking for good human beings who can work in different stressful situations efficiently and calmly".....and this is 100% guaranteed

i think i have written so much....you all guys are intelligent enough to understand everything but being a fellow pilot and being in indigo i have just tried to elaborate what i felt about the process....all the very best to all......this is the best company to work with as a PILOT....so go for it....:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

stiknruddr
12th Apr 2013, 11:34
not many updates on the exam..
how did it go everyone?

do let us know when you get the good news.
i take it everyone is expecting the emails tonight or over the weekend..

cyrilroy21
12th Apr 2013, 12:02
A few questions from todays exam

1. On a given path, it is possible to chose between four flight associated with a mandatory flight Mach Number (M). The
flight conditions, static ir temperature (SAT) and headwind component (HWC) are given below:
FL 370 - M = 0.80 Ts = -60°C HWC = -15 kt
FL 330 - M = 0.78 Ts = -60°C HWC= - 5 kt FL
290 - M = 0.80 Ts = -55°C HWC = -15 kt FL
270 - M = 0.76 Ts = -43°C HWC = 0
The flight level allowing the highest ground speed is:
a) FL270
b) FL290
c) FL330
d) FL370

2.(For this question use annex 050-3030)To which aerodrome is the following TAF most applicable ?TAF 231019 24014KT 6000 SCT030 BKN100 TEMPO 1113 25020G38KT 2500 +TSRA SCT008 BKN025CB BECMG 1315 28012KT 9999 SCT025 TEMPO 5000 SHRA BKN020 BECMG 1719 27008KT 9999 SCT030
a) LOWW
b) LFPG
c) LEMD
d) EKCH
( weather chart was shown for the exam )

3.How many feet you have to climb to reach FL 75?Given: FL 75, departure aerodrome elevation 1500 ft, QNH = 1023 hPa, temperature = ISA, 1 hPa = 30 ft
a) 6300 ft.
b) 6000 ft.
c) 6600 ft.
d) 7800 ft.

4. A twin-jet aeroplane carries out the WASHINGTON-PARIS flight. When it reaches point K (35°N - 048°W) a non-mechanical event makes the Captain consider rerouting to one of the three following fields. The flight conditions are: - from K to BERMUDAS (distance 847NM, headwind component=18 kt)
- from K to SANTA MARIA (distance 1112 NM, tailwind component=120 kt)
- from K to GANDER (distance 883 NM, wind component=0).With an aeroplane true airspeed of 460 kt, the field selected will be that more rapidly reached:
a) BERMUDAS or GANDER, or SANTA MARIA
b) SANTA MARIA
c) BERMUDAS
d) Either GANDER or BERMUDAS

This above question had the some other options as answers so they asked us to skip it....

5. An aeroplane flies at an airspeed of 380 kt. lt flies from A to B and back to A. Distance AB = 480 NM. When going from A to B, it experiences a headwind component = 60 kt. The wind remains constant.The duration of the flight will be:
a) 2h 35min
b) 3h 00min
c) 2h 10min
d) 2h 32min

6) You are flying a constant compass heading of 252°. Variation is 22°E, deviation is 3°W and your INS is showing a drift of 9° right. True track is ?
a) 280°
b) 224°
c) 242°
d) 262°

7) Given : true track 017, W/V 340/30, TAS 420 ktFind : wind correction angle (WCA) and ground speed (GS)
a) WCA -2° , GS 396 kt
b) WCA +2° , GS 396 kt
c) WCA -2° , GS 426 kt
d) WCA +2° , GS 416 kt

8) Given:Aircraft heading 160°(M),Aircraft is on radial 240° from a VOR,Selected course on HSI is 250°.The HSI indications are deviation bar:
a) behind the aeroplane symbol with the FROM flag showing
b) behind the aeroplane symbol with the TO flag showing
c) ahead of the aeroplane symbol with the FROM flag showing
d) ahead of the aeroplane symbol with the TO flag showing

9) Position A is located on the equator at longitude 130°00E. Position B is located 100 NM from A on a bearing of 225°(T).The coordinates of position B are:
a) 01°11'S 128°49'E
b) 01°11'N 131°11'E
c) 01°11'S 131°11'E
d) 01°11'N 128°49'E

10) The great circle distance between position A (59°34.1'N 008°08.4'E) and B (30°25.9'N 171°51.6'W) is:
a) 5 400 NM
b) 10 800 km
c) 2 700 NM
d) 10 800 NM

11) Regarding take-off, the take-off decision speed V1:

a) is the airspeed on the ground at which the pilot is assumed to have made a decision to continue or discontinue the take-off.
b) is always equal to VEF (Engine Failure speed).
c) is an airspeed at which the aeroplane is airborne but below 35 ft and the pilot is assumed to have made a decision to continue or discontinue the take-off
d) is the airspeed of the aeroplane upon reaching 35 feet above the take-off surface.

12) The induced drag of an aeroplane at constant gross weight and altitude is highest at
a) VSO (stalling speed in landing configuration)
b) VS1 (stalling speed in clean configuration)
c) VMO (maximum operating limit speed)
d) VA (design manoeuvring speed)

13) The speed VLO is defined as
a) landing gear operating speed.
b) design low operating speed.
c) long distance operating speed.
d) lift off speed.

14) VFR flights shall not be flown over the congested areas of cities at a height less than
a) 1000 ft above the heighest obstacle within a radius of 600 m from the aircraft.
b) 2000 ft above the heighest obstacle within a radius of 600 ft from the aircraft.
c) 500 ft above the heighest obstacle.
d) the heighest obstacle.

15) For a Single Engine Class B aeroplane , V2 may not be less than:

a) Not Applicable
b) 1.2 Vs
c) 1.15Vs
d) 1.5 Vs

16) Give an e.g. of Random Error

a) The rifle shoots on a target has not hit the centre . Some hits are too high and some too low ( this option is the correct answer )
b) A pilot tends to forget to turn off the beacon after his flight
c) The rifle shoots on a target is to the right side of the centre
d) The pilot forgot to set the correct altimeter setting causing a controlled flight into terrain ( CFIT )

17) On a typical computer generated SSR display the following data on a particular flight will be shown

a) Squawk Code , Flight Level , Ground Speed , Airplane Callsign
b) Squawk Code , Flight Level , True airspeed , Airplane Callsign
c) Destination , Flight Level ,Ground Speed , Airplane Callsign
d) Squawk Code , Magnetic heading , Ground Speed , Airplane Callsign

18) When using NDB's Night Effect is most likely to be greatest at

a) Dawn or Dusk
b) Dawn
c) Dusk
d) Night

19)The approximate range of a 10 KW NDB over the sea is

a) 100nm
b) 1000nm
c) 50nm
d) 500nm

20) The hysteresis error of an altimeter varies substantially with the:
a) time passed at a given altitude.
b) mach number of the aircraft.
c) aircraft altitude.
d) static temperature.

21) If an aircraft is equipped with one altimeter which is compensated for position error and another altimeter which is not , and all other factors being equal...

a) At high speed, the non-compensated altimeter will indicate a higher altitude

b) At high speed the non-compensated altimeter will indicate a lower altitude
c) There will be no difference between them if the air data computer (ADC) is functioning normally
d) ATC will get an erroneous altitude report SSR

22) The directional gyro axis no longer spins about the local vertical when it is located :
a) on the equator
b) in the latitude 30°
c) in the latitude 45°
d) on the North pole

23) How do air masses move at a warm front ?
a) Warm air overrides a cold air mass
b) Cold air overrides a warm air mass
c) Cold air undercuts a warm air mass
d) Warm air undercuts a cold air mass

24) The temperature at FL 160 is -22°C. What will the temperature be at FL 90 if the ICAO standard lapse rate is applied ?
a) -8°C
b) -4°C
c) 0°C
d) +4°C

25) A course of 120°(T) is drawn between 'X' (61°30'N) and 'Y' (58°30'N) on a Lambert Conformal conic chart with a scale of 1 : 1 000 000 at 60°N. The chart distance between 'X' and 'Y' is:
a) 66.7 cm
b) 33.4 cm
c) 38.5 cm
d) 36.0 cm

26) The total length of the 53°N parallel of latitude on a direct Mercator chart is 133 cm. What is the approximate scale of the chart at latitude 30°S?
a) 1 : 25 000 000
b) 1 : 30 000 000
c) 1 : 18 000 000
d) 1 : 21 000 000

27) On a Lamber Conformal Conic Chart , with two standard parallel , the quoted scale is correct
a) Along the two standard parallels
b) In the area between the standard parallels
c) Along the parallel of origin
d) Along the prime meridian

No questions on Mass and Balance / CG appeared for today's exam when compared to the 1st 3 days

All the correct answers to the above questions is option a)

bhambri
12th Apr 2013, 14:36
Any idea when are they planning to give out results?? and is it true that passing percentage has gone its no more 70% ??

Aviator 1
12th Apr 2013, 15:19
(Any idea when are they planning to give out results?? and is it true that passing percentage has gone its no more 70% ??)

For the first part of your question :
CAE was always quick with written results ,so shouldn't take much time may be next week .

And for second part :
A person from CAE should answer this.

Wish you all the best !:ok:

Kickass_aviator
12th Apr 2013, 17:32
I gave my exam on the 11th and before the exam Parul clearly mentioned that pass percentage is 70% anybody who scores 70 or more than 70% is through to the next round. And as far as the results are concerned for that she said that no tentative date has been finalized as of now so it mite take a while probably, i am guessing it mite be announced after previous batch's CASS result is announced but its just a guess could be before that as well.

bhambri
12th Apr 2013, 18:41
@aviator jet
Regdng CASS preparation , i completely agree with Aviator 12 and disagree with bhambhri..Even i Cleared CASS long time back So different people different opinions I hope you agree on this :ok:

stiknruddr
13th Apr 2013, 16:16
Previous batches CASS still on?
we havent had any updates abt that here so totally in the dark on that.
which batch written exam is doing their CASS these days?

Jibu
13th Apr 2013, 19:34
Is CASS just for a day or it take time?

alpha_alpha
14th Apr 2013, 03:59
It takes around 6-7 hours normally....

blackknight999
14th Apr 2013, 08:18
Cass for April 2012 batch is done they are awaiting results .

SuperflyTNT
14th Apr 2013, 09:05
Any idea when results for April '12 will be out and when they will get their call for their interviews? Thanks.

Jibu
15th Apr 2013, 17:00
Any one got result???

av8er1990
19th Apr 2013, 06:02
whats the wait all about ???

alpha_alpha
20th Apr 2013, 08:04
God knows what they are thinking.....

cyrilroy21
23rd Apr 2013, 12:39
Read the last 2 paragraphs in the article

MY BIZ: Flying on Maharaja wings to cost more | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2312583/MY-BIZ-Flying-Maharaja-wings-cost-more.html)

CF680E1
23rd Apr 2013, 15:01
^now, hope the market doesn't get flooded with ATR type-rated zero hour pilots..

av8er1990
23rd Apr 2013, 15:26
market is not flooded but there are kingfisher pilots who are still hanging around.
And not that they have not tried to get into Jet. Its just that they havnt cleared all the rounds. If jet really needed all of them..it would be a cake walk but they dont.Im talking about first officers only.

wxy
23rd Apr 2013, 15:54
As you said above , If that's the case. Then why would jet conduct ATR type rated zero hour exam. (They just conducted the exam few weeks back)

av8er1990
24th Apr 2013, 04:11
what im saying is dont blindly run for an atr rating because theres an opening. you have to prove ur better than the experienced guys to get in.ATR flying is very challenging