PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Call letters for Freshers

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

Jibu
28th Apr 2013, 15:07
Any update on results???

Aviatorgupta
29th Apr 2013, 17:00
Does anyone know when is the next spicejet exam??

iceman89
29th Apr 2013, 23:17
oh you crack me up @johny boy.i wish i could be as witty as you.wow really.
@aviator gupta- we are all waiting.no one knows but lets hope soon.for both our sakes!

Jibu
30th Apr 2013, 17:30
Looks like no one is interested or waiting for Indigo's written test results,

no comments or updates at all.. :ugh:

stiknruddr
1st May 2013, 02:22
no comments because there are no updates.
every one is waiting.
CAE or Indigo or both have put things on hold.
so just keep calm.
as for people asking about spice, no point asking on the forums every week.

whenever indigo results or spice calls come, there will be enough news and you will know.
keep it together people.

Aviator 1
3rd May 2013, 07:02
@jibu
Another 5 days then it will be a month , dont know how every hour of first 10 days was into checking mail , then it was every 6 hours now it is every 12hours that i check my mail hoping for a positive reply from CAE ( They seriously are taking too long for declaring results but then all we can do is wait )so have patience

This Aviation i learnt has 245 hrs of flying & 6 years(52560 hrs) of patience

Dont lose hope ..Keep trying for other airlines too..All the best !:ok:

3greens 1inthemirror
10th May 2013, 16:17
Indigo is trying making a small pool of pilots for later recruitment's as few rated pilots / pilots from CAE assessment have yet to be fully absorbed.They will call for 2 more assessment for this year to make a pool of qualified pilots as per them.

source of info?

SuperflyTNT
12th May 2013, 18:51
@Johnny Boy

Hey any idea if they have a set number of people the plan on recruiting? Or will they filter out a lot and take only a few as there is already as massive back log. Any opinions? Thanks

Johny Boy
12th May 2013, 19:30
SuperflyTNT

I have no idea about April 2012 assessment nor does my contact , though many rated pilots on stipend are still waiting and some serious discomfort is brewing in Indigo right now.Was told something in 75-100 pilot pool.
Everything is slow and on mercy of HR people and one particular gent from operation dept.

Johny Boy
13th May 2013, 18:19
CAE has started calling candidates informing those who have not cleared CASS.
Assuming this is for April 2012 guys.

SuperflyTNT
13th May 2013, 20:12
Thanks Johnny Boy for the honest feedback.

@Holding_short - If you don't mind me asking, your source of information would be? I haven't heard from anyone yet (those that have cleared their written and completed CASS) having received an e-mail from CAE.

spoolkick
15th May 2013, 13:46
One of my known, got a phone call todsy from Parul.
He was informed, he couldn't clear CASS.
Although no mail has been sent by the HR to the concerned in this regard.

cyrilroy21
15th May 2013, 14:28
Is it true that if you do not clear the CASS stage you have to wait for 5 years before giving the next attempt ?

bhambri
15th May 2013, 15:24
As far as I'm aware once you fail CASS or Interview. You cannot reappear again for any indigo exam for same position.

Johny Boy
15th May 2013, 19:43
Bhambri

Any new situation regarding TR pilots from 2011/2012 batches getting absorbed fully ?

CF680E1
15th May 2013, 19:51
They say there's no pass/fail in cass and still some people don't clear it. How on earth is this possible?

cyrilroy21
16th May 2013, 03:21
@CF680E1

If my memory serves me right until Sep 2011 the CASS tests did not have pass or fail
I remember from Sept 2011 onwards they started eliminating students at the CASS stage

I remember reading somewhere that they compare your performance to the average of the previous candidates who had taken the same tests .
If you are at or above average then you make it through

Nonetheless your performance in CASS is the biggest factor in deciding whether or not you make it into IndiGo

CF680E1
16th May 2013, 04:44
Cyril, agreed. The CASS is more important than the GD/PI itself. It's a pH test.

-Personal XP ;)

bhambri
16th May 2013, 06:25
Johny Boy

It will take them 8-10 months more to clear the backlog and TR guys are the last in line to get recruited.

cyrilroy21
19th May 2013, 11:45
I heard that CAE has informed a few candidates from the April 2012 batch that they passed CASS and have been given calls for interview

Can someone confirm the same ?

johney_flying_high
19th May 2013, 21:19
Guys please comment only if you personally know anybody getting any kind of intimation, be its Pass or Fail.. As i believe its just some rumors that have crept in...

cyrilroy21
20th May 2013, 08:49
Apparently the candidate that was informed via email they passed CASS had the CASS test back in 2012 itself
No date for interview though....

kc777
20th May 2013, 14:48
@cyrilroy21

do you know anyone personally who got an email saying they have cleared cass because as far as i know a few people got a call from cae saying they have not cleared cass but no one got a call or mail saying they have Cleared cass

cyrilroy21
20th May 2013, 17:09
@kc777

I dont know the guy who passed CASS in person , but a friend informed me yesterday that his friend was informed via email that he passed CASS

He gave his CASS in April 2012

No word on the date for interview though...

aviator12
21st May 2013, 08:51
I know two people who reciever calls from Sandra informing them that they have failed CASS. And i know none who has passed cass and receieved a mail or a phone call. Please share if anyone directly got a call or mail saying they have passed CASS

aniqua
21st May 2013, 09:33
Hi Aviator, these 2 ppl who rcvd a call from sandra had their CASS in 2012 or 2013?
My friends who had their CASS in March 2013(they gave their writtens in april 2012) have not heard anything and rcvd neither calls nor mails

aviator12
21st May 2013, 18:16
@aniqua.
One of them had their cass in april12 and the other in march 13. I have nyself given cass in march this year and heard nothing as of yet. What the word is that only those who have not cleared their cass have recieved the calls. I knw nobody who has passed and recoeved a call or a email.

draxis
23rd May 2013, 07:39
Guys, allow me to shed some light here.....

1) Indigo is currently conducting CASS and interviews for Indigo cadet pilot entry into NFTI, Gondia...I know this because a friend of mine just gave GD 2 weeks ago.
From past experience, the interviews are always held by the same top management which is once a week.
So they only go batch by batch. Which explains your wait right now.

2) For people who fear manipulation of results....I had the same fears...but they were unfounded.
I gave the cae exam in May 2011...cleared the interview 2 months later...on merit.

I was finally inducted a few months ago...The kingfisher shutdown slowed our induction.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me

johney_flying_high
23rd May 2013, 08:53
@draxis
Thanks for sharing the information. Hoping our long wait ends soon!!

spoolkick
26th May 2013, 13:57
any updates friends?
anybody got mail who cleared CASS ?

DEEPIKA SHARMA
2nd Jun 2013, 14:37
i have heard indigo mite come up with some opennings for A320 typerated again in june or july? any one has info about this?

Jibu
5th Jun 2013, 17:42
Does any one have any update about the results of Indigo exam for freshers held in the month of April

pegasus101
5th Jun 2013, 19:34
i've heard from sources:mad: tht its going to be out preety soon. everybody been after them for the results like crazy.
As far as i know there wont be any recruitment anytime too soon because of the back log, but due to the exodus they will be an recruitment scheduled, hopefully during this calendar year.

3greens 1inthemirror
6th Jun 2013, 04:45
what exodus?

pegasus101
7th Jun 2013, 15:32
there are talks about 50-60 ppl leaving for AA.

iflyhightohigh
10th Jun 2013, 18:11
hi guys, i'm new here and and very tensed up,I've just heard from a friend that they have started calling for the PI and his friend got a mail.
has anybody here recieved a call, is this true:confused: ???

If anybody has any new updates kindly do post, it helps the entire community :D:D:Dand a ray of hope to all readers.

Thank u guys.

flexiflyer
10th Jun 2013, 23:48
as of now i have not heard, neither received any email from CAE.......
If you heard of it then please update us with PI date, on which your friend is being called.......

aviator12
11th Jun 2013, 20:38
Its all false u know when ones friends friend gets a call for PI. i know a lot of people who appeared in the attempt, but none have got a email from CAE yet. So we have to wait for a little while longer. it will take time as of what i have heard but i am not sure

spoolkick
12th Jun 2013, 17:15
I'v got a 2nd hand Information -
A batch will be Joining in July and after that 3 more batches will be left for joining ,which also includes 7 Type rated Guys(from outside) adding to the queue and all the induction will be over by Feb '14, hopefully.

The results for the CASS is already with them, it will be declared sometime in Nov-Dec, so that they can finish PIs and send people for type rating, roughly around by Dec-Jan'14 .

3greens 1inthemirror
12th Jun 2013, 17:49
credibility of the source?

3greens 1inthemirror
12th Jun 2013, 17:57
you know they might expedite a little if they see resignations during air aisa's introduction around September(?)..

spoolkick
12th Jun 2013, 18:08
someone known to my friend from the ops.
Though, won't make any difference! Still a RUMOR.

av8er1990
13th Jun 2013, 04:38
air asia operations likely to start in 2014 ! wtf is wrong with them...why cant they decalre the effn results...most of the batches hav got their joining dates. y cant they speed up the process...:sad:

CF680E1
15th Jun 2013, 06:33
@spoolkick
you haven't taken into consideration the IndiGo cadets(currently about 5 batches in training out of which 1-2 have gone for TR) coming out of NFTI Gondia..

iflyhightohigh
15th Jun 2013, 18:02
I have spent the entire week trying to get in touch with someone with the result, all they have to say is that it will be out soon. further more there is no one person responsible, its more like a group.

They best i could do is talk to the crew and some expecting ppl.

I also tried to track down this friend of a friend and he say that his credible source say's that they will be giving out the results b/w 10 to 15 Jul and PI's after 15 days of that.
But no guarantees.

pegasus101
15th Jun 2013, 18:06
I just am not able to understand why is there a delay in the deceleration of results, its a computer aided exam. the results are instantaneous.

Anyways i would just like to thank everybody for their contributions to this thread and im sure everybody is thankful for all the news and updates.

pegasus101
15th Jun 2013, 18:11
Everybody im so sorry to post this here.
But i have a problem with my TR as i have crossed the 2 yr mark and as per the new rule the requirements for renewal are:

More than 24 Months to 36 Months
i. Extended Technical & Performance Refresher on Aeroplane.
ii. 06 FFS Training sessions
iii. IR/PPC on FFS or Aeroplane
iv. 01 Initial Release Route Check by Examiner
v. 06 Sectors SLF with Check Pilot / Instructor / Examiner
vi. Final Release Route Check by Examiner

I just dont understand how to fulfill these requirments, the best i could do is the Refreshers,6FFS,IR check.

the rest of the requirements cant be fulfilled by us on our own.

Guys i really need ur advice.PLS HELP
Sorry for posting here.

Also pls advice on TRTOS and cost if possible.

bhambri
16th Jun 2013, 07:09
The new CAR which you have mentioned is not for guys like us its only valid for guys those who are flying in some airline or charter company.

If you need any other help you can inbox me.

polaris19
21st Jun 2013, 09:43
heard tht none of the concerned ppl who will take the interviews are in ggn at present..the cass results and thereaftr interviews are expected sometime in july.
Cass results are out but they are holding it till the interview dates are finalised.
Anybody have some update on this?

CF680E1
25th Jun 2013, 14:23
how many pilots are currently in the waiting line to be inducted in IndiGo? Any rough estimate?

Vivek jain
26th Jun 2013, 04:52
Same query..how many are waiting with the LOI.?? Nd how much tym wil it take for them to get inducted??

bhambri
26th Jun 2013, 06:30
Everyone in the waiting list will be called by March 14. One batch is starting on 8th July. After that three more to go.

aditya104
27th Jun 2013, 14:46
24. If you're flying through rain that freezes on impact, ...

a) You're flying near thunderstorms
b) You're flying through a cold front
c) The freezing level would be at a higher altitude
d) Descending would make the ice go away from the airframe

This is an old question (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/434171-indigo-call-letters-freshers-20.html#post6316358) but it generated a lot of discussion.

I believe the answer to this is b), as freezing rain is most occasionally caused by an inversion layer, with the warm layer allowing the rain to be preserved in the liquid form, which end up being supercooled along the way to the surface and upon striking the ground turn to ice.

The cold front pushes the warm air upwards during its movement, creating an inversion layer.

It shouldn't be cold front since it is not associated with FZRA and inversion. These two phenomenons are seen ahead of a warm front.
http://www.skybrary.aero/images/thumb/Freezingrain.jpg/500px-Freezingrain.jpg

I am with Shabez (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/434171-indigo-call-letters-freshers-22.html#post6332568) on this one. I think the best answer in this case is (a) -- Flying near thunderstorm.

Liquid water droplets carried upto great heights in strong updrafts. Large supercooled heavy water drops are supported against gravity because of updrafts. Since updrafts are only in CB, hence answer is (a).

Vivek jain
28th Jun 2013, 16:40
The wait list batch which u me ones also includes d ppl who r waiting for CASS nd Writtem results??

iflyhightohigh
28th Jun 2013, 17:16
No, it's only for backlogged batch.

iflyhightohigh
30th Jun 2013, 12:58
Hi guys,this batch which is rumoured to start on 8th is it credible news. If yes when to they plan to contact the candidates. Cause neither or my friends have been intimated

Pls someone post, any further news in this issue.

av8er1990
30th Jun 2013, 16:27
it is last years batch

iflyhightohigh
1st Jul 2013, 12:31
That's cool and all, but when do they plan on informing they guys for the 8 batch.

This wait is just endless and frustrating.
And what exactly does the 8th of July mean, is it interviews?

iflyhightohigh
1st Jul 2013, 12:33
Guys any news in this regard will be a god send. And ease everybody's mind especially mine.

cyrilroy21
1st Jul 2013, 12:54
@iflyhightohigh

The batch joining on the 8th of July are not interviews or CASS

They are LOI holders who were selected in back in late 2011 and done with their type rating

The 8th of July date is the day they officially join the IndiGo as a Junior Co Pilot and it starts with ground classes in Gurgaon

As Bhambri mentioned above the backlog for LOI holders go on upto March 2014 after which there are no more LOI holders left to join

iflyhightohigh
1st Jul 2013, 13:32
Thanks for u r reply,
any idea when will they declare the cass results and call guys for the interviews.

av8er1990
1st Jul 2013, 15:19
im calling in sherlock to solve that mystery XP

vt-sds
2nd Jul 2013, 08:47
Hey guys is anybody having Indigo Question Bank which is useful for Indigo's 1st round exam...plz let me know...

cyrilroy21
2nd Jul 2013, 08:53
@vt-sds

This is what most people refer to when they say IndiGo question bank . It actually nothing more than the JAA ATPL question bank used for the JAA / EASA exams

http://media.wix.com/ugd/9fa32e_67af4195c3801426124382b728eae121.pdf

vt-sds
2nd Jul 2013, 10:03
Thank You Cyrilroy21.

av8er1990
2nd Jul 2013, 10:10
dont rely entirely on that question bank. you have to do way more than that question bank.

cyrilroy21
2nd Jul 2013, 10:17
@av8er1990

That question bank has almost 6000 questions and touches every single topic. How many more questions do you want to do ?

For the April 2013 exam around 80-85% of the questions came from the above question bank
The rest more or less came from the back of Oxford ATPL

av8er1990
2nd Jul 2013, 12:31
there are repeated questions in that bank..... im not here to argue.. do whatever u feel is sufficient. im just expressing my opinion because i gave the exam as well ...maybe not on the same date as you and i also went through that question bank...

cyrilroy21
2nd Jul 2013, 17:20
I agree there are quite a few repeated questions

My friends who gave the exam on the 8th , 9th and 10th also confirmed the same thing that a lot of questions came from the same question bank
By the time you finish solving this QB you should become quite proficient at solving almost any question

This and Oxford ATPL books are usually more than enough

The only problem with the above question bank is that the charts and figures which the questions refer to are not available . One has to search on the internet for the same

If you believe its not enough do you have suggestions / recommendations of other question banks which one can study from ?

I also recommend this website to put yourself to the test

Flight Training (http://www.turbineturbine.com)

av8er1990
3rd Jul 2013, 02:55
yes doing the other atpl books is recommended....thats exactly my point. sticking to one question bank with the companys name as its title will not ensure that all the questions will come out of that itself.

airline aspirant
4th Jul 2013, 15:56
Are you finally working for Indigo as junior first officer? I am asking this because initially Indigo just gives a letter of intent and not employment offer. I want to know did you finally get the employment offer?

If so, I want to know the initial salary and also the stipend that was paid to you during training in NFTI.

av8er1990
5th Jul 2013, 04:17
I don't think they pay you stipend during training.

vt-sds
7th Jul 2013, 06:08
@ av8er1990

what i heard is Indigo starts paying stipend as u clears final round of selection process n starts ground classes for type rating.
As u complete tr n sign contractact,they stars paying u 75000 for initial 6 months of flying.after 500 hrs of flying u starts getting 180000.

Guys correct it if its wrong...

av8er1990
7th Jul 2013, 06:33
they usually pay you after you have cleared your sim check and sign your joining papers...but since the wait was too long for previous batches the were paying them stipend around 45k.
indigo ground training is after type rating. correct me if I am wrong.

bombayhues
7th Jul 2013, 08:48
There is no "stipend" with IndiGo as such. You get on to the company payroll once you sign the contract and start off with a salary of 80k a month till 6 months after release as a FO (not initial 6 months or 500 hrs) at which point it is increased to 1.8 lakhs. After which the next salary increase is on you getting you ATPL.

The induction of recent batches has been delayed significantly and hence IndiGo decided to give those who had completed their pre-employment SIM checks with IndiGo a monthly stipend of 45000 till they signed the contract and were officially inducted.

kc777
7th Jul 2013, 12:46
everything stated by @bombayhues is correct ..

would like to add one thing that if you join IndiGo Cadet program through NFTI , you do get stipend during your CPL Training as well.. i dont know how much but you do get some amount ..

cyrilroy21
9th Jul 2013, 12:28
For the April 2012 applicants

Dear Applicant,

You are invited for the next round of interview-Group Exercise and Personal Interview(Technical and HR round) with Indigo as per the following schedule:-

Venue:
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Site 2, Sector 29, Opp.Signature Tower
Gurgaon - 122 001

Date:2nd Aug 2013
Time: 9.15 A.M

Please carry a photocopy of the following documents to the interview venue:-
CV (with complete postal address), CPL License(all pages), FRTOL(all pages), RTR(all pages), last 3 pages of logbook, Valid Indian Medical, Passport ( 1st & Last Page only).

Kindly staple together the complete set (of above mentioned documents .)

Note: Parents/guardians are requested to wait outside the venue.

Regards,
Parul

SuperflyTNT
9th Jul 2013, 12:35
Has everyone that cleared the written exam received this e-mail or have some been told that they have not cleared their CASS as speculated earlier ?

airline aspirant
9th Jul 2013, 12:49
@ Cyril

Are you a Indigo cadet who has already completed the training and TR?

Is that interview on 2nd Aug for final induction of Indigo cadets who have completed their training and TR ?

OR

Is it for joining NFTI as a Indigo pilot ?

Please clarify.

sameersagi13
9th Jul 2013, 17:07
xactlyy...has every1 who gave cass got the call or still some candidates are left out??

cyrilroy21
9th Jul 2013, 17:19
@airline aspirant

IndiGo has a separate exam which is conducted by CAE for non type rated CPL Holders and thats what this whole pprune thread is all about
https://pilot.cae.com/programs/indigo.aspx

This program has been going on for quite some years

However in the year 2012 after conducting an exam in April 2012 the recruitment was stalled due to the influx of pilots from Kingfisher
In March 2013 the candidates that passed the exam were called for CASS

And now those candidates that passed CASS are being called for interviews

Interviews are starting from July 23 onwards

The only interview IndiGo cadets have to give is the one prior to being accepted as a Cadet . No more interviews after that.....

airline aspirant
10th Jul 2013, 08:46
@ Cyril

Do you know anyone who has completed the CPL and TR at NFTI Gondia as a Indigo Cadet pilot ?

If yes, I want to know whether he is already inducted into the airline as Jr.FO or is on hold ?

I am planning to do my CPL and TR under Indigo cadet pilot program at NFTI Gondia. I want to know whether the Indigo job assurance at the end of training is for sure or they may deny the LOI ?

airline aspirant
11th Jul 2013, 13:02
If there is anyone who has completed CPL and TR in NFTI under Indigo cadet pilot program , please reply to this post or send me a private message.

I want to know the current condition of induction of NFTI trained indigo cadets into the airline as Jr.First officer.

johney_flying_high
23rd Jul 2013, 19:19
So how was the interview guyz, what all was asked??
Please share ur comments, it will be highly appreciated.:D

polaris19
25th Jul 2013, 17:25
@cyril

hey..
do u still hv ur intvw on 2nd..or any update.
just asking as i hd it on 26th ie 2mrw but receiv mail tht it got postponed

cyrilroy21
25th Jul 2013, 18:41
@polaris 19

I dont have an interview on the 2nd or any other date . My friend does :)

From what I heard those who have interviews on the 2nd will stay as it is . Is your interview also postponed to the 2nd ?

polaris19
26th Jul 2013, 04:16
@cyril

thnks fr the update.The mail stated tt the next date will be provided at the earliest..

flexiflyer
27th Jul 2013, 09:16
So how many people cleared the interview???????

aviator12
28th Jul 2013, 20:09
All the 11 who attended the interview cleared it. 4 more days to go..

cyrilroy21
28th Jul 2013, 20:58
@aviator12

Care to post some interview questions ?

Any difference to the process from previous interviews ? On the day of the interview at what time of day does the whole process end ?

thearsenal
29th Jul 2013, 11:01
Any information about the Interview questions and topics of the Group discussion for the recently held interviews would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

polaris19
29th Jul 2013, 11:55
@aviator

when r the remaining intrviews?

aviator12
29th Jul 2013, 15:57
the Gd topic was " would you compromise intergrity for success, in this cut throat economy"

The questions asked were very basic and general nothing much to worry about. some questions on met and performance and a few on human performance.

Interview for four more days are left. 2nd, 6th and 7th aug. and also the interview for ppl whose interview was on 26th was postponed, so it will be settled somewhere i guess

polaris19
29th Jul 2013, 19:01
@aviator

thnks a lot fr the info. r they declarng the results right their or aftr completion
of all intrvws?

aviator12
31st Jul 2013, 18:53
I am pretty sure 10 cleared. Not very sure about the 11th. But the word is all 11 have cleared. and the results were announced within 3 days of the interview.

polaris19
2nd Aug 2013, 11:08
intrview on 2nd

ny update on the interview held 2day...

aviator12
4th Aug 2013, 19:25
The interviews on 2nd went well. With the results expected in a day or two. And for ppl on 26th. My friend had a word with parul. She said shel get back wjen she has the bews dates. So wait i all i can say

polaris19
5th Aug 2013, 07:33
@aviator

thnks buddy..wat was the gd topic on 2nd?any idea

polaris19
6th Aug 2013, 17:34
hey...cn nyone advise as to hw much time and
the procedures tt will follow aftr completion of all the 6E
interviews nd selections.

Johny Boy
6th Aug 2013, 23:47
polaris19

hey...cn nyone advise as to hw much time and
the procedures tt will follow aftr completion of all the 6E
interviews nd selections.

If my decoding of your post is correct then it takes 15 days for DGCA procedures which follows with SIM checks with Indigo depending on their mood as per current market situations and top it off with SIM slots availability at Banglore CAE center.
Then if you clear SIM Checks which most do they will put you on permanent payroll which generally takes 1 months at max time after all checks.After that ground training starts for 2-3 months and then suppy's.....By the time you are on their payroll , you will get stipend.
In short 0 to 6 months for active flying if not than you are on waitlist just like other's since 2011.

After all this you will Indigo pilot before they realize your SMS lingo and put you on elementary English classes cum training:}

3greens 1inthemirror
9th Aug 2013, 08:52
are the results out for those who gave the interview on 6th?

polaris19
9th Aug 2013, 08:55
hey..
hw were the intrvws on 6 &7th...hw many selections hv bn made
till date?gd topic is same or sumthing new..
does nyone hv any further updates on 6E Selections tt r on.

amazon04
9th Aug 2013, 13:18
any idea, when would be the next cae's written exam after this current recruitment??

flexiflyer
14th Aug 2013, 06:23
GD topic was "India's population of 1.25 billion is an advantage or disadvantage"
In interview mainly HR questions were asked like
1.Tell us about urself, ur family background
2.How did u came into flying
3.Why do u want to become a pilot
4.What are ur weakness
5.What all did u studied for interview

Aviation Related Questions:
1.What is Pressure Altitude
2.What is Density Altitude
3.What is Horizontal Stabilizer
4.What do u know about A320
5.What is Flyby wire
6.One simple numerical on QNH and Drift Angle

All the best!!!!!!!!

SuperflyTNT
14th Aug 2013, 06:39
@FLEXIFLYER

Hey, thanks for the inputs. Have you received the results yet ?

flexiflyer
14th Aug 2013, 08:43
No not yet :uhoh:

Maverick 03
15th Aug 2013, 15:32
Got to know from a friend that the result of this attempt would be on the merit-list basis.
According to him those who will score above 90 can be almost sure of selection in the 2nd round. Below 90 is doubtful.

Can anyone here confirm this??

sameersagi13
15th Aug 2013, 17:16
See first of all either parul or sandra are not letting anyone know as to when the results wud be out.So it has to be a highly classified info tat on wat basis wud they be making selections in the writen. Secondly ur sayin tat it wud be on d basis of merit and anyone who scores above 90 has a chance (earlier it used to be 70 and till date out of 150 students i think around 40 get selectd finally aftr intrvw. This am talkin bout the april 2012 batch whose intervw got ended on 7th with the people who were supposed to gv on 26 july are still waiting i guess). This wud mean that indigo wud be shortlisting very few candidates out of around 250 who sat this time which depends on their requirement which neither of us know. So either it can be relative marking but 90 being the cut-off is highly highly unlikely!!.... :)

cyrilroy21
15th Aug 2013, 17:24
Setting a minimum score of 90 or above would be unfair to those candidates that got the initial email one week before the exams began

However only calling candidates who fall in 90 Percentile or above might be a possibility...

sameersagi13
15th Aug 2013, 18:48
yaa 90 percentile mite happen...but nywys leave tat apart... DOES ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHEN THE RESULTS WOULD BE OUT....any tentative date or month or watever ???..

Johny Boy
15th Aug 2013, 20:05
Scoring 90% or not they will select only set total number of candidates irrespective of fixed mark as cutoff in written exams.For example they need to have 30 candidates for GD/assessment then they will select top 30 people who scored maximum marks in written.
This is the trend the have been following since they restarted CAE assessment in 2010 when they use to say all those selected scored more than 70%:rolleyes:
Unofficial word is that they want to have a pool of 75-90 pilots with dozen of experience copilots/captains on the move for betterment come end of this year.
CAE was supposed to conduct 3 written exam for CPL holder this year to accommodate 50 pilots or so in pool while type rated batch of backlog's get absorbed by Jan/March 2014.

aniqua
16th Aug 2013, 08:12
I know that the results for the interview conducted on the 6th and 7th are pending and so is the interview of the group which was rescheduled from the 26th of July.
I would want to know: Are the results of the ppl who have had their interviews before the 6th out? and have the 26th july guys got another date?
If not, then april 2013 written results are still a long way away and another written for freshers is therefore further away :ugh:

Maverick 03
16th Aug 2013, 18:39
According to what I know (I happened to talk to a senior person in Indigo in June), he told me that result of 2013 exam would come out by Sep/Oct.
But since I could not contact that person again after that, I cannot vouch if there is any delay further than that.

And about that cut-off merit list, I hope that everyone who scores above 70 gets through but I think there would be merit-list based scenario almost certainly.

aviator12
19th Aug 2013, 11:34
Congrats to all those who cleared the intervoew held on 6th and 7th

aniqua
19th Aug 2013, 13:45
Are the interview results for 6th n 7th out?

johney_flying_high
19th Aug 2013, 19:47
I gave interview on 7th, got through. Result came out today afternoon at about 2..:cool:

polaris19
20th Aug 2013, 06:08
what is next procedure aftr clearing these intrvws?

aniqua
20th Aug 2013, 08:10
nice use of smileys @holding short ;)

polaris19
20th Aug 2013, 08:49
haha..i second that...smileys r saying it all.. nicee!

ANIKA
20th Aug 2013, 09:36
Any idea when is the result of april 2013 attempt going to be out...

aniqua
22nd Aug 2013, 17:12
Congratulations to all those who made it thru the interviews recently held. Kindly keep posting any new updates such as LOI's etc as this is the only way others get info. Esp those waiting on the results of 2013 April and those waiting for a fresh recruitment .

polaris19
22nd Aug 2013, 17:46
any update on results fr intrvws held on 13 nd 16th

aniqua
28th Aug 2013, 18:27
Is there absolutely nothing that has been heard for those who had their interviews on the last days ie 13th n 16th??

cyrilroy21
28th Aug 2013, 19:15
Interview results are still pending for those who had their interviews on the 13th and 16th...

aniqua
28th Aug 2013, 19:49
Thanks Cyril.

holding_short
29th Aug 2013, 04:28
Has anyone received LOIs from the 23, 2, 6, 7 batches ? Any instructions on TR from CAE ?
As per my records they are left with just 23 typerated guys after the batch thats joining on 2 Sep. Im assuming they would need another batch ready by Dec latest (by 'ready' I mean TR completed, license endorsed and Sim check done). This is offcourse, based on a steady batch induction rate every 2-3 months that IndiGo has maintained for the last year and a half .
So should'nt the 23rd guys be leaving for TR by Sep end or so.

Although Im aware they have sufficient number of pilots as of now, it would be slightly difficult starting next year considering Air Asia is going to be a replica of IndiGo once launched. They too plan to induct 1 aircraft every month for the next 5 years. Same type. Crew requirement and hiring would be of similar nature.

So keeping all this in mind...again...should'nt the 23rd guys be leaving for TR by Sep end or so ? Hahaa :)

STABLE extrovert
29th Aug 2013, 05:51
I cleared my interview held on 23rd July and have been scheduled for my type rating in CAE Dubai starting 15th September.

I received my LOI by email today and the hard copy will be couriered in the next few days by Indigo.

The process for the next batches should begin in the coming weeks.

holding_short
29th Aug 2013, 06:29
Thanks so much for the info @STABLE Extrovert

cyrilroy21
29th Aug 2013, 07:47
@STABLE Extrovert

Congrats :D

How much are they charging for the entire type rating ?

STABLE extrovert
29th Aug 2013, 08:09
Still haven't received an official confirmation on the course fee. Heard from one of my friend that it is $ 34,500.

holding_short
29th Aug 2013, 16:03
Hello ,

LOI- Letter of Intent is a formal letter from an organization, that says they are willing to to hire you provided you fulfil the listed pre-requisites, which in this case would be to selfsponsor your typerating on the A320, get endorsed and finally be able to display a level of proficiency at the Sim check conducted by IndiGo.

This in no way keeps your license 'current' or 'valid'. Its only a piece of paper that conveys an 'intent' of hiring you by IndiGo.

My suggestion to you is this :
1. Go to a flying club and get your renewal done. Submit the papers to DGCA for the renewal.
2. The best people to advise you on this would be Ms Parul or Ms Sandra. So mail them stating your concern clearly and asking what should be done.

Im not sure but CAE may want your license to be valid for atleast 6 months at the time of leaving for your type-rating.

All the best for your results:ok:

Vivek jain
30th Aug 2013, 07:13
A query about IR Requirement for indigo ..does indigo need a valid IR when they send for the TR or anytime during their process of selection..

3greens 1inthemirror
30th Aug 2013, 08:22
@vivek - no they don't require IR to be current.

Does anyone know when is the next joining date at Indigo?

holding_short
30th Aug 2013, 10:20
@3 greens, No its too early. The joining date usually come 1 month before the joining date.
The next batch will commence in Nov mid-end. This is certain.
So the joining date will be announced approx around that time in Oct.

The one joining in Sep is on Sep 2.

bhambri
30th Aug 2013, 11:19
There are around 35 (including self type rated) remaining to join after Sep batch and the last batch will join somewhere in Feb'14.

3greens 1inthemirror
30th Aug 2013, 15:20
are you sure it's AFTER the sept batch?

there is some list on fb which shows about 30-35 left BEFORE the Sept batch!

also, 35 corresponds to 2 batches, right?

holding_short
30th Aug 2013, 16:03
After the Sep 2 batch, there are exactly 20 more left. After that the new ones whi got selected this year will start.

bhambri
30th Aug 2013, 19:40
There are around 35 after Sep batch. I'm in the last batch to join so I know. yeah two batches.

@holding_short
After the Sep 2 batch, there are exactly 20 more left. After that the new ones whi got selected this year will start. There are around 19 from Feb'12 Loi and 4 from March'12 Loi and rest Self type rated guys.

3greens 1inthemirror
30th Aug 2013, 21:10
i thought there were only 6 who were finally selected in the feb 2012 self type rated exam... was the no. 12?

bhambri
31st Aug 2013, 06:54
8 guys got selected in Feb 2012 type rated batch and that sums up to 31 and I have written 35 because there are few names missing in the LOI list.

holding_short
2nd Sep 2013, 08:25
Hello Guys,

I request all those who have received LOIs this month to update the list on Facebook group 'IFLY CAE'. You will find the LOI wise list in the 'Files' section on the top of the FB page. If you havnt joined the group already, please do join.

Although this is not necessary, it is a good group that was created to keep everyone abreast of the movements at IFLY Jr. FO induction program.
Those who do not wish to join the group may ask a friend to add their name to the list.

The guys have been doing it for the last year and a half and it has helped everyone know what the waiting time to expect is etc. This helps in planning ahead.

Again, not a mandate, but a good group to be a part of.

polaris19
5th Sep 2013, 11:33
hey guys ,
any updates regarding the TR slots provided to ppl
who cleared intrvws frm 23rd-7th aug. what dates are being given?
What is the TR fee ?

siddharthgunny
6th Sep 2013, 19:53
The TR fee is USD 34,500. A batch, consisting of everyone from 23 July and some from 2 August, has been asked to proceed for their TR on 15 September. From what I know, 8 are being sent to CAE Bengaluru and 6 to CAE Dubai, though I'm not sure of the numbers.

holding_short
10th Sep 2013, 05:45
Hi VT-SDS,

Yes, you will be able to get a loan from banks for your type rating. Your LOI would only be a supporting document. Along with that you would need to furnish security in the form of mortgage ex. house, land etc.
Loans from Nationalized banks instead of private banks is recommended since the rate of interest is slightly low.

However, you would not get 100 % loan. Usually the applicant needs to fund approx 15-25 % of the total amount himself.

Punjab National Bank I have heard recognizes the IndiGo LOI among a few others.

Go for an 'Education loan' rather than a 'Personal loan'. Personal loans are more expensive. Moreover you do not get a moratorium period in a personal loan. Payback starts immediately. In an education loan the bank gives a moratorium period of 1-2 years to start repaying.

You will need to visit atleast 4-5 banks and pick the best option.

All the best !:)

cyrilroy21
10th Sep 2013, 08:31
I had a couple of friends take a loan from these guys after getting the LOI from IndiGo

:: Credila’s Education Loan India Web Site :: (http://www.credila.com/)

Getting an Education loan is way better than personal loan as with the education loan you can claim income tax deduction on the INTEREST paid to service the loan

Disclaimer : I am in no way associated with the above mentioned education finance company or its agents or representatives whatsoever and hence can not be held responsible for any disputes or other issues that might arise. Taking a loan shall be at your own risk and I bear no responsibility.
Candidates are advised to do their research thoroughly from multiple lenders before applying for a loan anywhere

cyrilroy21
10th Sep 2013, 17:24
By the way

Dont you guys need an ELP rating on the license for the DGCA to endorse the type rating ?

STABLE extrovert
10th Sep 2013, 17:42
@cyrilroy21

CAE has requested every candidate to endorse ELP on DGCA CPL prior to leaving for the type rating.

I suggest all the future candidates to complete this requirement to avoid last minute running around.

STABLE extrovert
11th Sep 2013, 15:56
The cost of the type rating is USD 34,500 inclusive of service tax in India. The cost of the type rating is standard irrespective of the location and includes local taxes.

However, the invoice for the type-rating in India will be payable in INR. The dollar conversion on the date of invoice will be the applicable price in Bangalore.

holding_short
12th Sep 2013, 10:28
Has anyone from the 7th Aug interview day received their LOI (hard/soft) copy ?

cyrilroy21
15th Sep 2013, 13:37
I heard that the IndiGo April 2013 exam results should come out last week of september or 1st week of October...

bayblade
15th Sep 2013, 14:01
Did you have a word with Sandra/Parul?

cyrilroy21
15th Sep 2013, 14:15
No

But a friend did have a word Sandra and she replied she did not know when the results would be announced as the permission has to come from IndiGo

aniqua
16th Sep 2013, 12:22
How many have been recruited in total on the basis of the Interviews held on 23rd July' 13 and 2, 6, 7,13, 16 Aug '13?
Just want to figure out the number of batches that would be formed. If the interviews were held over 6 days does that mean thr are 6 batches?

holding_short
16th Sep 2013, 12:33
Hi,
A very rough estimate would be 10-11 people made it on each day. So 60-65 guys.
If you're talking about the batches formed finally for induction then IndiGo usually forms a batch of 16-18 people. So these are 3-4 batches.
As for batches for the Type-Rating, I guess it's more of a continuous process rather than a 'batch' starting TR together. Usually 10-12 guys start TR on the same day. And the gap between proceeding for TR is anybody's guess. A gap of 15 days to one month is maintained between the next set leaving for their TR.

aniqua
17th Sep 2013, 07:48
I have heard a confirmed news of Jet Airways pilots getting a hike in their salary ..is it true for IndiGo as well?

virus90
17th Sep 2013, 12:34
Budddy no offense.. its good news but lets focus on getting into an airline first..
salary discussions can and will happen later..
Cheers

Halfwayback
18th Sep 2013, 21:22
Please take note that text speak (TXT SPK) is not tolerated on PPRune so please make your posts clearly in English otherwise they will continue to be deleted.

Many thanks in anticipation

Halfwayback

holding_short
20th Sep 2013, 07:54
A little out of topic but..

Dont tell me Im the only one who's heard that SpiceJet shutting down end of this FY !!!

aniqua
20th Sep 2013, 08:59
Hi Holding short,
I havent heard this one yet..

holding_short
20th Sep 2013, 09:05
Ya Hope that's not true.
KF shutting down affected a lot of people and their families. Not to mention the job market.
Something slightly more cheerful is ..2 good news in 2 days.
TATA-SIA JV announcement and Air Costa gets SOP from DGCA and their Ops start next month out of Vijaywada. Will fly Embraer 170 and 190.
I know some of us may say, we still wont have jobs but atleast the stagnant market is moving again.

aniqua
20th Sep 2013, 10:56
Exactly!!
These are obvious signs of positive movement.
My previous query about a hike in salary also stemmed from the same intention of trying to gauge the market.

If there is a hike it means airlines are not only ABLE to afford a hike but also agreeing to do so ... again a little less obvious ..but still a good sign..

holding_short
20th Sep 2013, 11:43
The hike at Jet was due for sometime now. If Im not wrong, from 2010.
They got a hike on paper but never materialized. Jet Airways had promised to pay the pilots the new salaries + the arrears (in installments) for the last 2-3 years.
Now the arrears wont be paid to except the very senior crew. But the salary hike is in place.
So its not really a pan industry hike.

Things from next year will start looking good. Having said that, there are a few hurdles to cross untill we see the new airlines operational.
- There is the general election in May 2013 that changes the game for a lot of people.
- There is strong oppotsition from a few people to the new ventures in the pipeline. MP Dr. Subramanian Swami has filed a petition in the High Court in Delhi against the AirAsia venture. He will also oppose the TATA-SIA he said.
- Jet-Etihad deal is still not through.
- SpiceJet is in considerable trouble. Infact it reminds me of the early days when KF had started coughing. Flight cancellations, AAI putting them on cash n carry, Decreasing market share, aging fleet, low customer satisfaction. They have been on a lookout for a foreign airline to invest in them for some time now but with their losses and KF example, investors are wary.
- Coming to Air Costa, I see their model very similar to that of Paramount Airways. Slightly difficult to survive. Even considering that the parent company is cash rich, they wouldnt want to suffer losses for long.
- TATA-SIA JV will take some time before they get operational (1 to 1.5 years).
- IndiGo will remain the undisputed and unchallenged leader in the domestic market for a few years to come.

Now looking at the government policies and the positives
- States are taking initiatives to reduce tax on ATF (the biggest drag causing factor on profits).
- Govt. now allows you to import jet fuel.
- Govt. may relax the 5 years/ 20 aircraft rule to fly overseas. This will be done sometime next year to facilitate TATA-SIA to fly abroad.
- Approx 50 new airports have been identified in Tier II/III cities that airlines will be obliged to fly to. Govt however waive off route navigation charges, give discount on landing and parking charges etc on these routes and destinations.
- Mega cities will see two airports in years to come.

So all in all we would witness a paradigm shift in the industry in the coming 5 years. Its gona be good. ;)

aniqua
20th Sep 2013, 11:48
:D Appreciate it holding short !!

Johny Boy
20th Sep 2013, 19:39
Now looking at the government policies and the positives
- States are taking initiatives to reduce tax on ATF (the biggest drag causing factor on profits). Not many states are willing to take hit on tax collections which is evident since none has reduced any thing yet.
- Govt. now allows you to import jet fuel.Still one way lugging of Indian fuel is enough to burn big hole on quarterly results.
- Govt. may relax the 5 years/ 20 aircraft rule to fly overseas. This will be done sometime next year to facilitate TATA-SIA to fly abroad.If this happen just before Tata's go live with their flying bird then huge hue-cry will start with almost all present airlines opposing the rule as it will single handedly provide benefit to new upcoming airline and our sleeping Govt wont do that for Vote Bank/Money politics.Very unlikely as Mallya tried with his KFA and failed considering how he had then Civil Aviation Minister under his Barrels
- Approx 50 new airports have been identified in Tier II/III cities that airlines will be obliged to fly to. Govt however waive off route navigation charges, give discount on landing and parking charges etc on these routes and destinations.Have been hearing this since 2005 and still nothing concrete happend after 8 solid years.
- Mega cities will see two airports in years to come.Try to construct a new Airport , say , at NCR within 100 Kms of major metro and be ready for court junctions from current airport operator.

So all in all we would witness a paradigm shift in the industry in the coming 5 years. Its gona be good.Sorry but i disagree on this as our previous boom time ended in 6000+ jobless pilots.

Indigo is best bet for every jobless pilot with current license, Jet has history of delaying recruitment's for longer periods. Spicejet never open ups for common man nor does Go air doing anything good for such a long time suggests its intake policy change.AI is mess that everyone should forget for next 10 years and KFA is dead.AirCosta is new player who will have to face challenge of regulators and under table govt policies.
Only hope is that Tata's actually buy AI and get this sick white elephant up&flying rather than setting up new airline which will take long due to Tata's bank balance which every politician wants to taste.
Sorry but i can anticipate Indigo recruiting for next couple of years after they clear the backlogs and they give chance to all if you disregard exam fees and all.

holding_short
21st Sep 2013, 07:25
There you go ...

Government may review 5/20 rule to let more Indian carriers fly abroad - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/government-may-review-5/20-rule-to-let-more-indian-carriers-fly-abroad/articleshow/22843922.cms)

5/20 rule to go away. The difference between KF demanding is that this time its the govt themselves who are thinking of it. Theyr obviously being pressurized by TATA, Go and AirAsia like mentioned in the article. But these things will happen eventually.

Johny Boy
21st Sep 2013, 19:23
Ok, to begin with you may want to read these :

PM seeks Rs 1.15 lakh crore investment in infrastructure, targets 60 new airports - NDTVProfit.com

I personally havn't heard of this plan being talked about since 2005. New airports have been made in the past few years though.
----------------------------
Madhya Pradesh govt to slash VAT on ATF to 5 per cent | Business Standard

Madhya Pradesh

Goa govt to offer incentives to airlines to fight rising airfares - Economic Times

Goa

Two states have already reduced their taxes. More in line.

MP has not yet passed benefit to Airlines/GA operators.Not Yet.
Goa has said but yet to translate into tax cut , all they said was if you pay ATF with full tax we will reimburse your bill for current month.

2 airports for big cities. That is inevitable. Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune have plans for these. I agree that land acquisition has hit road blocks as is the way things work in our country. But they plan to be serious now and not wait until a mid-air collission or an incident takes place at these airports, in which case the Govt will draw flak from not just India but even abroad.
How about three airports for big cities like Delhi / Mumbai ? Both already have 2 airports out of which one can always operate for pistons/turbo's...Safderjung/Juhu....If new airport authority acquires land then they have to compensate current airport operator for his loss of income/face court junctions/suits/and others things.
Even if every city gets two fully functional airport , it will take atleast 5-8 years for new one to come up......2 renewal will be over for most of jobless pilots with another 3-4000 joining the queue.
With the current state of inefficiencies of state/center govt. can you even in your wildest dreams expects such thing getting constructed in reality ?

They are jobless because
- Didnt get calls because airlines took pilots through back doorNot all have backdoor's...if that was true then you wont be posting on Indigo thread :)
- Didnt clear DGCA papers in timeTrue but many cleared exams late yet got job as late as 2012...so it's irrelevant to club all in one pond
- Didnt study to clear a written or interviewTrue for written but for Interview it takes more than that
- Relied too much on 'jugad'True but not all can get through jugaad...i bet you know how much jugaad cost in India :E
- Went flying even after 2008 when industry clearly went bustMay be they wanted to boast as first pilot ever from family with three golden bars / oversized glasses :eek:

So many factors here not taken into consideration by these budding pilots.
Every field in India is suffering...
IT has been worst hit....See how many software/computer engineers get degree each year and how many actually get permanent job after 12-18 months training period.
Pharma has been hit with regulators not only from India but all over the world.
Banking was the reason you and me are still looking for betterment...Remember 2008 ?

Aviation in India has cycle of 12-15 years and not 5-7 years....first one in my time came at 1992-94 period then 2005-2007.Its your guess to anticipate next cycle but in reality its gone way worse than last bust period.
Govt is hell bent to tax everyone to death....any field and every field....with elections in 2014 don't expect any fast/random changes for aviation.Only thing i can say is Indigo /Jet will get stronger , AI will live on ventilator support of Govt's aid , Goair/Spice needs investors badly or else we will have KFA situation again.
Opening up GA will provide many jobs in every level....declaring ATF as goods will lower tax on it.

Till then why the hell CAE is not calling pilots for oct/nov assessments is confusing me seeing how their pool of cpl pilots is reducing fast.:uhoh:

cyrilroy21
21st Sep 2013, 22:06
Till then why the hell CAE is not calling pilots for oct/nov assessments is confusing me seeing how their pool of cpl pilots is reducing fast

@Johny Boy

Are you expecting another written exam this year or continuation of the April 2013 attempt ?

Even if the pool of pilots are reducing the fact is even after joining the company you have to wait another 5-6 months for the base check only after which do you really start flying the airplane

So they seem have to built in a 6 month buffer

The other thing is the results for the 13th and 16th August are not declared yet...

So i guess unless that comes out we have to keep playing the waiting game...

P.S : While I appreciate the debate about Indian Aviation it is a significant thread drift from the whole IndiGo process
I suggest you guys start a new thread in the South East Asia forum and continue it there

polaris19
22nd Sep 2013, 08:22
13th,16th aug results are already announced,waiting for LOI's

cyrilroy21
22nd Sep 2013, 08:28
@polaris19

Thanks for the update

Any idea of the date the interview results were announced ?

SuperflyTNT
22nd Sep 2013, 19:31
Results for interviews that were held on Aug 16th were announced on Sept 6th

aniqua
23rd Sep 2013, 08:53
Any idea how many cleared interview on the last two days and when is the next set of people going for their type?

Johny Boy
23rd Sep 2013, 14:32
Are you expecting another written exam this year or continuation of the April 2013 attempt ?

Even if the pool of pilots are reducing the fact is even after joining the company you have to wait another 5-6 months for the base check only after which do you really start flying the airplane

So they seem have to built in a 6 month buffer

Yes , 3 in total...april / july / oct.
Indigo use to be fast in their process but somehow they have been too slow to do things that they use to be best " TR Biz with CAE ".May be KFA's after effect of having too many ex-KFA pilots.:ugh:

cyrilroy21
23rd Sep 2013, 14:37
Well after the April 2012 attempt two more attempts took place

1. In Nov 2012 . Their CASS and interview took place along with the April 2012 guys in March and August

2. April 2013 with results still pending

So if you were expecting 3 attempts after April 2012....Well two already took place
That means one more should be expected ? right ?

Johny Boy
23rd Sep 2013, 15:49
In 2013 they were going to invite pilots for 3 assessments for April / July /Oct....i have no idea about year 2012 exams or pending assessments.I was told that Indigo will keep pilot pool of 75-100 for basic non TR cpl holders which they will send to CAE establishments for rating as per their disposal after they clear large chunk of previous assessment backlog's including rated pilots.

aviator3233
26th Sep 2013, 10:32
I know this is not related to this thread but can i know how to update the application on CAE's website ?
Thanks in advance

SuperflyTNT
26th Sep 2013, 12:29
@aviator3233

https://pilot.cae.com/Programs/Indigo.aspx

Click the link above. Log on to the website providing your e-mail address and password previously used. Edit your profile to your current medical dates and the like and then save.

It is commonly believed that when you update your profile you stand a better chance at CAE inviting you to sit for their written exams. Not entirely sure how credible that information is but, definitely doesn't hurt to try as nothing is lost. Good luck.

I would like to add that I, vouch for the IndiGo-CAE selection process and from my experience - an extremely transparent process. Good luck to everyone here.

aviator3233
26th Sep 2013, 16:46
Yes this is what i tried earlier but it says 'Thank you. You have applied to this program'. I cant see any edit option.

SuperflyTNT
26th Sep 2013, 17:40
@aviator3233

Just edit the information on your profile just make sure all your information on your profile is up to date such as information on medical date, etc.

aniqua
27th Sep 2013, 16:09
Any updates since 6th September 2013 when the results of the last interviews were out?....any LOI's received?

holding_short
30th Sep 2013, 05:14
Hi, When IndiGo recruits zero hours type rated pilots do they hold the test themselves or CAE does it for them like for CPL holders.
Does anyone know when to expect the next type-rated recruitment for IndiGo.

holding_short
30th Sep 2013, 12:18
Thanks so much @SuperflyTNT
So how is the written for these guys ? Is there just a combined paper for A320+Nav+Met+Human Perf etc. or are there 2 seperate papers.

Johny Boy
30th Sep 2013, 18:21
So how is the written for these guys ? Is there just a combined paper for A320+Nav+Met+Human Perf
FCOM's are 80% of written exam.
Contact forum member Bhambri for more on Indigo TR pilots and waitlist.:ok:

holding_short
1st Oct 2013, 00:29
Thankyou very much to SuperflyTNT & Johny Boy !! The information is quite helpful :)

bhambri
1st Oct 2013, 09:17
You can tell your friend to go through this forum for more info on TYPE RATED exam
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/460731-a320-type-rated-pilots-exam-indigo-airlines-10.html

Indigo conducts exam for type rated guys. Invitation for exam is sent by Indigo. Only CAAS is conducted by CAE (they charge you the same amount i.e 375$) and for Sim check they charge 13k.

holding_short
1st Oct 2013, 10:31
Thanks for the help @Bhambri :)

rahulred5
1st Oct 2013, 14:23
But, the mails inviting people for the exam and the subsequent mails are all sent from CAE.

CASS for the type rated candidates are conducted by CAE and the sim check after clearing the interview is conducted at CAE. They charged Rs. 20,000 for the sim check for the March 2012 type rated pilots if I'm not wrong.I am one of the march 2012 type rated candidates selected by Indigo and you are wrong on almost everything.

The mails inviting people for the written was from IndiGo and the paper itself was set by IndiGo.

The mails for interview was from IndiGo HR and not CAE,
The sim check was conducted purely by IndiGo and the amount was Rs 13,000.
Like bhambri said the only thing which CAE had a role was CASS.

The type rated process is more of an IndiGo management organized event and very little to do with CAE. And no, type rated candidates do not recieve any LOI whatsoever.

As for the next rated exam, I doubt anything will come for another 6 months at least.

sharma1prash
4th Oct 2013, 07:37
@SuperflyTNT...Yes the exam is fair starting from the written exam till all the rounds with CAE,however the interview with indigo where all the tricks come into play.Also,who gets called for the examination is another set up.It works this way.If for example there are 100 guys chosen for the entrance,out of that only 50 are from the data base with CAE & the rest 50 names are sent by indigo.But the bright is that from here on wards the game is fair till the final interview round with indigo.There it remains a mystery.:) ..This of course i am talking about cpl holders.

cyrilroy21
10th Oct 2013, 07:05
@holding short

There are two options to renewing the license . The first one is within 6 months flying 10 hours as PIC on the aircraft endorsed on the license

You can skip that by going to a flight school and doing the flying tests by day , night and IR within the last 6 months

http://www.dgca.nic.in/circular/FCL1_2010R1.pdf

Alternatively if the type rating was endorsed on your license within the last 6 months then should count as well because you did the skill test on the aircraft type within the last 6 months
(this is the theory behind it , but dont know what the DGCA is going to make of it )

You can renew a particular aircraft endorsed on the license only if you have 10 hours or skill test on type within the last 6 months

You can try and apply for an NOC to renew the CPL much earlier than expiry . I'm not sure if this NOC will be issue by the FSD or the DTL section

You can also file an RTI ( they usually reply within 30 days ) to clear up your doubts . That way you will have it in writing from them
I recommend typing the request first and uploading the same copy while applying online
RTI Online :: Home | Submit RTI Request | Submit RTI First Appeal | View RTI Status | RTI FAQ (http://rtionline.gov.in/)

cyrilroy21
10th Oct 2013, 14:25
@holding short

The link you have given is the old application form for renewal

The link I have given contains the latest application form for renewal of CPL / ATPL etc

That being said someone had mentioned once to me that they wont accept the application for renewal earlier than 15 days

Its best to visit them in person and talk about this and file an RTI as well

Johny Boy
11th Oct 2013, 17:20
@holding short
Buddy why do you want to go for TR with 3-4 months time remaining on CPL ? You will feel really bad if something goes wrong considering how good DGCA are with their regulations & interpretation of rules.
I know there was a member with Zukerberg nick who did TR on 320 before 3-4 months of expiry and got his CPL renewed.Search his thread.

Spend 50-70K Rs on Checks if you have 172 on CPL and then start TR with new renewed CPL.Peace of mind if i was you.:)

Fly 10 hours as PIC in 6 months - CPL renewed on that basis.
Fly the checks - CPL renewed.
Do TR but depends on DGCA.:(

VSGJ
11th Oct 2013, 19:21
CPL can be renewed on the basis of Type rating done withing 6 months from the date of expiry of your cpl.
I personally know a friend who got it done..

holding_short
12th Oct 2013, 07:55
@polaris19 No havnt spoken to IndiGo. I guess wer not under IndiGo's wings until we complete our sim check post TR. So IndiGo will say its your problem and you sort it out with CAE. Moreover I dont have any way of getting to someone at IndiGo who will guide me on this.

Only if CAE gives us the dates. So even if we return 5 days before our license expires its still fine cos then wev done our checks and TR flying before the expiry date and DGCA will accept that. But CAE is taking really long.

I guess Ill just go and fly the 152. Do day and night check and get it renewed. Better that way.

Yes you're right on the LOI date.

Johny Boy
12th Oct 2013, 11:06
I guess Ill just go and fly the 152. Do day and night check and get it renewed. Better that way.

Do DGCA allow 152 hours now ? Last heard they obsoleted many type's from their list.My friend did his renewal this may on 172 while having 152/172/Piper/B200 rating's endorsed on CPL.

CAE has told many pilots who are about to start TR for CAE based Indigo assessment program to get CPL renewed with ELP.

cyrilroy21
12th Oct 2013, 11:34
@JohnyBoy

Quick Question

If one has a C172 and PA 34 ( or BE 76 ) on the license.....Can you renew it by flying the C172 alone ( eg fly 10 hours PIC )
Then on the new license will you have both C172 and PA 34 ?

aniqua
12th Oct 2013, 16:30
@cyrilroy
Yes you can ..I just got my lic renewed by flying 172 and I have 172 and BE 76 on my lic

holding_short
12th Oct 2013, 17:17
152 is still very much recognized by DGCA. Lots of flying schools in India still fly 152s. A friend of mine just last week flew his renewal checks in Hyderabad in the 152 and his papers have been accepted at DGCA Mumbai DAW.

Johny Boy
12th Oct 2013, 18:01
Quick Question

If one has a C172 and PA 34 ( or BE 76 ) on the license.....Can you renew it by flying the C172 alone ( eg fly 10 hours PIC ) Yes very much
Then on the new license will you have both C172 and PA 34 ?

Yes both will be ever present on your license but ain't you going for 737 and leave 320 for me ? :E:E

Im about to start my TR with CAE but they havent said anything about getting the CPL renewed nor the ELP. I have gotten my ELP though just to be on the safer side.
Do you know the exact wording of the email where CAE says you should get your CPL renewed. If yes, then please post it. It will help us.

Not officially but came to know it from a known person who got selected in 2011 and was told to get his renewal done before going for TR.
Few page back i think someone posted that CAE has asked for ELP & renewal if nearing expiry ( 6 months and you are in expiry period domain ).
CAE will not send you if expiry is within ~ 4 months time and the time taken by them to intimate for TR is that they themselves don't have a clue when will Indigo ask them for new batch of TR.

polaris19
13th Oct 2013, 08:10
@holding short ,@cyril ,@johny boy

any idea if we do the skill test for cpl renewal ,what is the time frame when
we can apply for license renewal .My cpl is expiring on 11 feb'14 .
Have conflicting views tht it can be applied for renewal within 3 mnths /15days
of license expiry .
Anybody aware of the right person in dgca delhi who can clarify on this?

anyone who got their cpl renewed recently?

holding_short
13th Oct 2013, 11:46
@polaris19

ELP can be done at any decent flight school. Ask them to schedule a test for you. The CFI is usually a designated examiner. They charge around Rs 5000. Its a very basic test. Have a decent conversation with the examiner in English, free of gramatical errors and you're through. The score is out 6. You need to get a minimum of 4 which is valid for 3 years. 5 is valid for 5 years and 6 is valid lifetime.
The examiner will give you a signed and stamped certificate which you submit to DGCA along with the CPL and copy of your medical. They will usually endorse it on your license in 4-5 working days free of cost.

As far as CPL renewal is concerned, thats the very reason why Im in a fix my friend as I dont mind getting my CPL renewed but none of us here is sure if DGCA accepts the renewal application 4-5 months before expiry. I had called the Mumbai DAW and the lady there said "you should read the website. everything is on it" and hung up. Im atleast gona get the flying done since now my CPL is within 6 months and I can fly now and submit it when DGCA is ready to accept it.

CPL renewal should take a maximum of 15 days. Flying can be done in 2 days. Submission to DGCA 1 day and 10 working days for them to return the renewed CPL. All this will cost 35-40k INR max + 5000 INR DD to DGCA.

You may submit the ELP+ CPL renewal application together.

cyrilroy21
13th Oct 2013, 15:07
@aniqua

Thanks for the info . That clears up a big confusion that has been lingering in my mind for a long time

Did you fly the C172 for 10 hours as PIC or did you just do the fam flights and skill tests ?

Also how much did it cost to renew the license ?

@holding short

I think you need to get the ELP endorsed prior to any license renewal flying in India . You cannot exercise the privileges of the CPL license unless you have the ELP already endorsed

@polaris

Try talking to DC Sharma . He should clear up the doubt regarding how early you can file the application for renewal

aniqua
13th Oct 2013, 15:57
@Cyrilroy21 and others
I flew a 172 (G 1000) as follows:
50 mins fam
60 mins day
55 mins night

I flew at MPFC and its very gud. I got done in one day due to an extremely professional team out there. I spent approx 34,000
9400 per hour on 172 plus 250 per hr instruction fee (for fam)
9400 per hour on 172 plus 2000 per hr instruction fee (for checks day and night)
1500 registration fees
MPFC also does ELP for 5000 however
ELP IS NOT REQUIRED FOR CPL RENEWAL FOR SURE.

ELP is also done by examiners in Air India in the air india bldg in Santa Cruz airport in Mumbai. They charge the nominal fee of 3000 only. For an appointment write to "[email protected]" (for those who are not from mumbai can seek guidance by shooting an email on this address they just might be helpful)

Johny Boy
13th Oct 2013, 19:28
polaris19

@holding short ,@cyril ,@johny boy

any idea if we do the skill test for cpl renewal ,what is the time frame when
we can apply for license renewal .My cpl is expiring on 11 feb'14 .
Have conflicting views tht it can be applied for renewal within 3 mnths /15days
of license expiry .
Anybody aware of the right person in dgca delhi who can clarify on this?

anyone who got their cpl renewed recently?

Flying check has to be done with in 6 months of your expiry.Submission can be done 20-30 days before expiry as it takes 15 days for DGCA to renew license.

aniqua

@Cyrilroy21 and others
I flew a 172 (G 1000) as follows:
50 mins fam
60 mins day
55 mins night

I flew at MPFC and its very gud. I got done in one day due to an extremely professional team out there. I spent approx 34,000
9400 per hour on 172 plus 250 per hr instruction fee (for fam)
9400 per hour on 172 plus 2000 per hr instruction fee (for checks day and night)
1500 registration fees
MPFC also does ELP for 5000 however
ELP IS NOT REQUIRED FOR CPL RENEWAL FOR SURE.

What is MPFC ? My friend did from pantnager with total bill of 50K Rs so you did it cheaply.

ELP is not required for renewal or flying in Indian flying school , it's required if you are doing chartered or schedule flights in-out of India. CAE ask's for ELP because to speed up TR to Indigo recruitment.

September ended and it's mid -October yet CAE has not called for OCT assessment's.God knows what has sucked Indigo this time.:uhoh::uhoh:

aniqua
13th Oct 2013, 20:09
MPFC is Madhya Pradesh Flying Club in Indore

Jibu
14th Oct 2013, 17:05
Guys anyone has any idea about the results for the April 2013 exams for cpl holders... Kindly do share if some has

holding_short
16th Oct 2013, 04:39
Hi
Could anyone who did/doing their TR at CAE Bangalore (for IndiGo) know of any good accomodation nearby. Also, since CAE Bangalore is in the middle of nowhere, how did you commute to and from the place specially when you had late night slots. Does CAE give any assistance in this regard ?

Im aware of that really shady hotel where we stayed for the CASS but 1. Its expensive considering we need accod for 2.5 months and 2. You cant get rested well in that place.

Thanks so much

aniqua
21st Oct 2013, 07:52
Apparently another set of people have started their TR in Dubai from 20th oct. Can somebody please confirm this.

holding_short
22nd Oct 2013, 02:42
@aniqua
Yes, thats right. Also, another batch starting on Nov 3 at Dubai and Nov 22 at Bangalore.

cyrilroy21
22nd Oct 2013, 21:56
A message from the UPWA

A sincere request to those candidates who passed the 9w TFO written exam especially IndiGo LOI holders

If you do not wish to pursue it any further please reply back to the email that Jet HR sent you saying you no longer wish to be considered for the opportunity

This might help a few candidates that did not make it for the written to get called for GD and subsequent rounds

Jobs are scarce

So please do the needful at the earliest . Dont deny a fellow pilot an opportunity that can change their lives forever.

Regards

Team UPWA

equinox123
23rd Oct 2013, 06:34
How can that help Cyril.........because a person who has not cleared his/her written wold not be moved to the next level in any case.....irrespective of Indigo LOI's backing off.

gAMbl3
23rd Oct 2013, 07:54
@ 'A message from the UPWA'

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

aviator3233
23rd Oct 2013, 11:32
Does anyone have a clue about the next exam held by indigo for freshers ??

Johny Boy
24th Oct 2013, 20:05
Ohh man it's almost end of OCTOBER now and still no clue of CAE calling people for assessment.....Indigo wake up Air Asia want's to hire your FO/PIC's so let them leave for new pastures and call unemployed pilots for fresh FO and upgrade those ex-KFA idiots for cockpit post's.

Anyone with any news or rumour about anything from Indigo ?

bayblade
24th Oct 2013, 20:42
I can't update my profile on the CAE website.
Anyone else having the same trouble, any idea how to go about this?

Edit: Figured it out. It wasn't really much of a task :8
login> home> I want to work as a pilot> my profile.

CF680E1
26th Oct 2013, 07:41
Will these IndiGo cadets graduating from NFTI Gondia further slow things down?

holding_short
26th Oct 2013, 10:26
Yes, NFTI will slow things down. Infact, this was on my mind too, for a long time. And Im gona express a little more than just answer the question above.

Until now, the supply from NFTI did not match the demand from IndiGo since it had started new. But from here on, NFTI will be to IndiGo, what IGRUA was to AirIndia. Having said that, CPL holder will be inducted once a year. But the days when IndiGo held an exam for CPL holder every other month are definitely a thing of the past.

In a way its gona be sad cos then aspiring pilots have a very narrow entry door into the industry. Big airlines around the world have their own cadet pilot programs or schools. So now one cant say that they can get a CPL or TR for cheaper here or there. They will have to go to the school where the airline has a tie up and pay what they demand.

Same thing with CAE. What CAE charges for TR is criminal ! 34,500 USD is one of the most expensive TR in the world for A320 as of today. Schools in US still offer it for 25-26000 USD. But since IndiGo wants you to go there, you have to shell out that much. Some will say 'training standards' . I have a lot of friends flying for airlines who tell me that its not the training standards in the TR that matter a lot, its the airline internal training, SOPs and practices that really makes the difference. If IndiGo bothered so much about CAE standards, they wouldnt hold an exam for TR pilots where candidates who have done TR from some place else can also appear.

Its a money spinning racket ! We will send our guys to train with you. You give us a cut.

Johny Boy
26th Oct 2013, 10:40
What CAE charges for TR is criminal ! 34,500 USD is one of the most expensive TR in the world for A320 as of today.
How about AI's 320TR from CTE costing around 30L Rs ( 42000$-45000 $ ) for 6-8 months course.:sad::sad:

We will send our guys to train with you. You give us a cut.
It's exactly opposite with Indigo getting larger share out of those TR money from pilot's.

Johny Boy
26th Oct 2013, 10:55
NFTI will slow things down
How many cadet's are there right now , any guess ?
How many cadet's got job till now in Indigo , any guess ?
Surely this can't be more than 100.:bored:

CF680E1
26th Oct 2013, 11:08
8 batches in all. Totally about 40 cadets. Many of them(at least 15) are at 100 hours plus with all the exams cleared and they'll be out very soon say in 2-3 months.

cyrilroy21
26th Oct 2013, 16:26
The IndiGo Cadet Pilot program will continue to exist simultaneously along with the CPL program as well
I believe the first batch of cadets have begun their type rating at CAE bangalore

1. Not everyone who applies gets selected . I know two guys that applied . One couldnt clear CASS another the final interview

2. Not everyone has the kind of money they are asking for

3. The program has been running since 2011 only 40 cadets are in so far

4. IndiGo needs lots more pilots than the 40 Cadets they have in the pipeline

Especially if all goes well we should have about 4-5 new operators up and running this time next year
All them are going to recruit experienced pilots first from all the other airlines including IndiGo

You need to fill in for attrition as well as growth for next year

Johny Boy
27th Oct 2013, 10:28
40 cadets ?
That's too low for Indigo to make money out of TR and all rubbish money spinning CPL recruitment's.They need atleast 200 pilots to compensate oldies and new pasture seekers in coming months or year.
Then again many rated guys are on waiting for such a long time and they have delayed CAE 320 program again makes me wonder what's happening inside Indigo management.

cyrilroy21
28th Oct 2013, 01:54
@Johny Boy

200 is a pretty big number

How did you come with that ? Does this account for the pilots needed for growth as well ?

holding_short
28th Oct 2013, 04:25
Spoke to a pretty reliable source this morning. Expect a written exam for CPL holders in Mar 2014 and one for TR pilots almost at the same time.

aniqua
28th Oct 2013, 06:18
@holding short
Any idea on the April 2013 results please?

holding_short
28th Oct 2013, 10:05
@Aniqua

Sorry couldnt ask that question. I dont think Il get to talk to him anytime soon.

Johny Boy
28th Oct 2013, 11:40
@Johny Boy

200 is a pretty big number

How did you come with that ? Does this account for the pilots needed for growth as well ?

I personally know dozen of senior co-pilot's who will leave within 3-6 months for Air Asia / Gulf airlines.They need senior pilots in large numbers to fill positions for examiners/trainers from IC on the verge of completing 65 years.They have promoted ex-KFA pilots in recent months fill the gap and need junior copilots.
I have been hearing all sort of news of having " pilot pool " from last 2 year and this year they were going to have 3 exam for CPL holders but only one happened till now.

Spoke to a pretty reliable source this morning. Expect a written exam for CPL holders in Mar 2014 and one for TR pilots almost at the same time.
That's saddening , another six months and only one exam. :{:{

PS : What is the cost for rating for those having 1000+ hours by going through CAE indigo 320 TR program ?

holding_short
28th Oct 2013, 12:46
JohnyBoy may be right. 200 is a possible number.
But this exodus will not be as fast. IndiGo will always be a 'hunting ground' for AirAsia for a few years to come. But the rate of attrition at IndiGo will be managable one. Remember the models of the two airlines are IDENTICAL. Not many employees will gain with the jump. I know a few diehard loyals of IndiGo who will not jump no matter what.
AirAsia plans to induct one aircraft every month just like IndiGo. IndiGo will need to make up for the pilots leaving for AirAsia+cater for their own expansion. Having said that, the frequency of exams may not really go up.
If you talk to pilots of different cadres, you will hear a variety of plans each cadre has for the future.
This is what I discovered -

- TRE/TRIs will not jump for a few Rupees more. They will not compromise on bases.

- Check Pilots who are young and usually in their 40s are ambitious and have another long innings to play in their career. They will jump if the pay is better and there is good scope for growth irrespective of the bases.

- Captains in their 30s and early 40s and Senior FOs are the biggest jumpers.

- FOs with low time (less than 5000 hours), unmarried, looking for more flying want to jump but they are not in demand at new airlines except in the initial launch period of a new carrier. Base is not a constrain for them usually. This cadre of pilots are sourced from fresh hires, exams, self TR pilots etc just like IndiGo does.

- Pilots retiring will be replaced by senior pilots, captains within the airline.

So if you put all this in perspective, a new airline will not really help zero hours CPL holders/self TRs as much (Im saying AS MUCH). What will help is how many new aircraft are inducted every year. A new airline may not necessarily translate into a lot of new aircraft. So a lot of reshuffling will happen in the upper deck in the next 2 years.
Exam frequency will increase but nothing great really. Getting a call will remain a big challenge. Dont forget that at any AirAsia or TATA-SIA exam you WILL find low time pilots who are already flying with airlines.
Having said all this, days in the coming 2-5 years look brighter than the same period from the past !

Johny Boy
28th Oct 2013, 13:30
- TRE/TRIs will not jump for a few Rupees more. They will not compromise on bases. This category people jumps ships most as trainer will become instructor and instructor will become examiner with pay rise going with hourly rates plus fixed rise@ lakh or so.Most are either getting too old(65 years of flying age ) in Indigo hence upgrades within flight op's

- Check Pilots who are young and usually in their 40s are ambitious and have another long innings to play in their career. They will jump if the pay is better and there is good scope for growth irrespective of the bases. Same as above

- Captains in their 30s and early 40s and Senior FOs are the biggest jumpers.Give them upgrade or pay rise with benefit's and you see them abandoning ship's at will, Indigo is going to get hit most at this level.

- FOs with low time (less than 5000 hours), unmarried, looking for more flying want to jump but they are not in demand at new airlines except in the initial launch period of a new carrier. Base is not a constrain for them usually. This cadre of pilots are sourced from fresh hires, exams, self TR pilots etc just like IndiGo does. Most of them will be upgraded to PIC's slot's if eligible opening door for other copilots and junior ones to slot in.Few might leave but this is where from which Indigo will need to cater their pool need's as training to online takes time hence fresh recruitment's.

- Pilots retiring will be replaced by senior pilots, captains within the airline.Most of senior TRE/TRI's are ex-IC pilots nearing 65 years of age hence they will need to upgrade or recruit more ex-IC pilots with similar level which is not possible because AirAsia might provide them with better T&C's over Indigo's plus Southern region pilot's will get preferred base of being local.

200 is more like random number but it's very possible number with short span of time seeing how eager Tata's seems to be this time with two airline on the roll with further investment in AI.

ANIKA
1st Nov 2013, 06:40
ANY IDEA ABOUT 2013 APRIL ATTEMPT RESULTS......please update all of us.
Thanks in advance!

cyrilroy21
1st Nov 2013, 12:25
The last rumour i heard was october

Now that october came and went i have no new rumours to share...

aniqua
20th Nov 2013, 07:28
I have heard april 2013 guys will be notified NOT before June 2014 as they just recruited sum type rated guys ... if anybody else has heard something like this plz post...

Johny Boy
20th Nov 2013, 20:39
I have heard april 2013 guys will be notified NOT before June 2014 as they just recruited sum type rated guys .
What ? :eek::eek:
They recruited rated pilots or those who were on wait/hold for last 2 years got on permanent payroll ?

PS: Does anyone know how much CAE charges for 320 TR as per Indigo 320 assessment program for those having 1K & above TT ?

Johny Boy
22nd Nov 2013, 11:16
I think fee's is less for those having MCC & Jet Orientation course.

av8er1990
23rd Nov 2013, 17:32
someone please get some inside info on the results and please share ....too many rumours floated and are still floating...dont know who to believe.. :ugh:

Johny Boy
28th Nov 2013, 17:35
Any new rumour for December month ? :p
Or
Jan/Feb/Mar ? :E

PS : Bhambri any latest TR news for - Waitlist pilots / New TR exam ?

cyrilroy21
29th Nov 2013, 12:18
Latest rumour is the April 2013 results will be declared in Feb 2014

And a new exam will take place in March 2014

Johny Boy
29th Nov 2013, 21:34
Latest rumour is the April 2013 results will be declared in Feb 2014
And then Indigo's tag is on time performance ! :*:*
Rott among senior most Co-pilot's will leave Indigo searching for high ground very soon.:hmm:

aviatorzuckeberg
2nd Dec 2013, 07:37
GUYS i am type rated and without a job for the past one year....i have applied to Indigo with no success as they have not called me so far......could you guys gimmie sandra pinto or parul huria's phone no...that will be helpful...thanks...

bhambri
2nd Dec 2013, 08:57
PS : Bhambri any latest TR news for - Waitlist pilots / New TR exam ?

Mostly the last batch will start in Jan and after that no more pilots on waitlist. Next guys in will be those who appeared in Cae exam april 12.

A-320 TYPE RATED
GUYS i am type rated and without a job for the past one year....i have applied to Indigo with no success as they have not called me so far......could you guys gimmie sandra pinto or parul huria's phone no...that will be helpful...thanks...

@aviatorzuckeberg
you will have to mail your resume to [email protected]

cyrilroy21
2nd Dec 2013, 13:25
@aviatorzuckeberg

If you are type rated on the A320 then you wont be eligible for the normal non type rated CAE IndiGo written exam

IndiGo has not conducted a type rated exam since Feb 2012

bayblade
2nd Dec 2013, 15:21
@bhambri
Mostly the last batch will start in Jan and after that no more pilots on waitlist. Next guys in will be those who appeared in Cae exam april 12.

you mean april 2013, right?

cyrilroy21
2nd Dec 2013, 15:33
@bayblade

No he is referring to April 2012 . After conducting the April 2012 written exam their CASS was delayed to March 2013 and their interviews only took place in July - August 2013

The first few batches began their type rating Sept 2013 at Dubai and Bangalore

They will be next in line to join after Jan 2014

bayblade
2nd Dec 2013, 15:41
alright. Thanks for the clarification.

Johny Boy
2nd Dec 2013, 18:19
Thank's Bhambri.

So Rated guy's by 2014 Jan/Feb then CAE 2012 Apr exam ones and after that CAE 2013 guys followed by new( if ) 2014 CAE exam folk's.
Gutted by such a snail pace recruitment's.:ugh::ugh:

cyrilroy21
18th Dec 2013, 10:00
IndiGo April 2013 results have been announced
Check your emails

Vivek jain
18th Dec 2013, 12:06
Any idea how many of them made through ??.

waiting2fly
19th Dec 2013, 05:55
any idea...how many people left for induction after jan 6th indigo batch??

hawaijahaj
19th Dec 2013, 10:50
2 people in my knowledge have cleared (including me)

cyrilroy21
19th Dec 2013, 15:01
CAE has sent out the ADAPT questionnaire . A few candidates still havent received it yet so have patience

Alternatively check your junk mail folder as well

holding_short
20th Dec 2013, 04:35
@waiting2fly
After the Jan batch, there are 56-58 candidates from 2013 selection waiting to be inducted and are doing their TR in Dubai and Bengaluru, while 2 -3 batches are already done awaiting paperwork. They will be inducted at a rate of 16-18 per batch every alternate month. So that lot will get over in Sept 14(latest) post which the guys who will clear their rounds now will start joining.

The rate of induction going up is likely, considering the strong rumors of TATA-SIA also purchasing Airbus aircraft.

waiting2fly
20th Dec 2013, 04:48
but there are also people from indigo cadet progrme...alrdy type rated...waiting for induction. In that case when will the normal type rated LOI holders be inducted god knows.