PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Call letters for Freshers

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

ice_veins
5th Dec 2011, 11:25
No e mails yet, doesn't look too positive. Last time I had got a call by the fifth.

rahulsarma
6th Dec 2011, 05:51
Fellow pilots...

Just now got the email from Parul for exams on 11th and 12th Jan 2012.....

wings of fire
6th Dec 2011, 05:56
Thanks bud

Are u A-320 type rated, or you have received the normal exam email from CAE.

streamliner
6th Dec 2011, 06:32
rahulsarma did you got the mail to sit in jan attempt..anyone else who has got this mail ....

SuperflyTNT
6th Dec 2011, 07:00
Anyone else who has got a mail from CAE for the Jan attempt ?

SCPL
6th Dec 2011, 07:41
Nope Not got the email.
I also asked 8-10 of my friendz NOT got the email yet.
So i guess its JUST...started.

SuperflyTNT
6th Dec 2011, 08:02
Okay. Thank you, SCPL

Flybi
6th Dec 2011, 09:05
I just received the email from parul for jan attempt.....:)

Uniform.
6th Dec 2011, 09:10
even i want one :{ :{ :{

beinghuman
6th Dec 2011, 09:48
Hello Ppruner's

That's great news. Can someone please paste the email content here. Thanks.

All the best to all.

SuperflyTNT
6th Dec 2011, 10:18
Yes if someone could paste their copy of the mail, would be helpful.

Also, is parul the only one sending out the mails for now ? Or have people received them from Radhika & Sandra too ?

Flybi
6th Dec 2011, 13:43
The exam is on 11th and 12th Jan and the last date of application is 15th dec...
I received the email from parul

addy1847
6th Dec 2011, 15:52
On what basis they call people, is it random selection. Did you guys(people who got the mail) use some connection, i mean what on earth should i do. i applied 6 months ago, have been sending mails to them regularly. got a mail once, replied to it, was never being called for the exam.

Flybi
6th Dec 2011, 16:49
even i applied 6 months ago......this is the second time i am receiving the first mail......first time i only got their first mail not the shortlisted one......hope so that this time they shortlist me.........

SCPL
7th Dec 2011, 02:54
Applied 11 months back.
Got 1st email thrice. Replied immediately to the 1st emails.

Never got shortlisted!

And now in sept oct and now in jan - No 1st emails also.

IT IS RANDOM! yes.

STABLE extrovert
7th Dec 2011, 07:42
Has anyone received any email from CAE today? Is there still hope that they might send some more e-mails in the coming days for the Jan attempt?

Any update would be appreciated.

Aviator09
7th Dec 2011, 08:56
Indigo has just started sending out emails. Restlessness would not help in getting the mail, so wait and watch the space for updates. They should send in more mails sooner.

werido1100
7th Dec 2011, 10:02
I got the mail from parul today...:)

beinghuman
7th Dec 2011, 11:07
Hey guys,

Got in contact with Parul today afternoon. I gave the written IndiGo's exam sometime in April 2010. Wasn't able to clear that time. Since then, I have been applying. She asked for my email id and checked. She said there are people waiting before you and you're not going to get a call this time. She just asked me to wait for my turn. According to her, this is as per the ''terms and conditions'' of the company.

A question, Is this CAE who's sending the letter ? Assuming Parul works for them or is it IndiGo ? Thanks.

Aviator_Prat
7th Dec 2011, 11:19
How do you get in touch with Parul? Ive been waiting since Jan'10 to get a call from them. They've never called!!

ayush konisetty
7th Dec 2011, 11:24
I have filled in the online application form with CAE and also sent my CV to Parul's email id. Do i need to do something more to be called for the test?

beinghuman
7th Dec 2011, 11:31
I called her up. She never picks up. Don't know why she did today.

You've been waiting since Jan 10 ? Have you appeared for an exam before ? They ought to call you if you haven't. If you have then I guess you can wait like rest of us.

9FLYJET9
7th Dec 2011, 11:39
Any news on the guys who have failed the final interview ?
Can they appear again ?

Aviator_Prat
7th Dec 2011, 11:44
No, I havent given the Exam ever! :ugh:
CAE-Indigo has this policy that guys who dont clear the interview cant give the wrtten again. Actually, most airlines have that rule.

upilotg
7th Dec 2011, 21:41
"All The Best :ok:" to guys appearing for the Final Interview with Indigo tomorrow. Do Well :)

Aviator_Prat
8th Dec 2011, 05:32
Mail from Radhika!! :D

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application. Please find attached, information about the IndiGo A320 type rating program at CAE.

If you are interested to take part in the IndiGo selections which will be held on 11th and 12th Jan, 2012- Please send your updated CV along with answer to questions asked in the email and attached spreadsheet latest by 11th December, 2011.

Please reply in the email itself and also complete the attached spreadsheet (Its mandatory to give the details both in E-mail and in attached Excel-Spreadsheet):

1. Contact number:
2. Date of Birth:
3. Total Flight Hours:
4. Type of License, Country of issue:
Name of the Flying school:
5. Indian license details
License/Category
Valid up to
CPL(ME, Land)
COP/RTR
FRTOL
Indian Medical

6. Is ME-IR endorsed on your Indian CPL?

7. ME Flight Hours:-
Actual hrs:
Sim hours:
Total ME Hrs :

8. Nationality:
If Indian, - Indian Passport No.

9. Age as on 11th Jan,2012:

10. Have appeared for the CAE Indigo assessment before?
If Yes, please answer the following:

a) How many times have you attempted the written exam so far?
b) In which month and year did you appear?
c) Is the 3 month period over from your last attempt?
d) Till what stage did you reach in your last attempt?
e) Have you ever been rejected at the Final Interview with IndiGo?

Please Note:
· You must physically possess all the licenses.
· Pilots of all authorities interested in the assessment should have valid Indian License.
· The minimum age to apply for this program is 20Years and the maximum age is 35 Years for Jr Copilots.
· IndiGo A320 is a self sponsored type rating program. Licenses must be valid at all times .

Please ignore this mail:
· If you are A320 typerated.
· If you have already appeared for the CAE-IndiGo assessment in the last three months and have not completed the cool off period of three months.
· If you did not clear the interview round(with IndiGo).

Please note that there are certain number of seats available for the exam. The short listing of candidates will be done on first come basis. Only shortlisted candidates will receive a reply stating further steps. If you do not receive a reply, you will be called for future assessments.

* Admission ticket and venue details for the exam will be sent later to the shortlisted candidates ONLY.

Please read through the below note with regard to the Selection Process:

All pre-selected applicants will go through the following tests:
Aviation Knowledge Test, English Language Skills Test, CASS – CAE Aircrew Selection System and Group Exercise / Personal Interview
Dates and location shall be advised when you are invited for the selection process.

Aviation knowledge test will be free of charge. (Questions are based on DGCA CAR SECTION 7 Flight Crew Standards Training and Licensing. SERIES B PART IV http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B4.pdf).Candidates will have the right to appear in the aviation knowledge test up to two attempts free of charge, however for any subsequent attempts you will be required to pay the requisite fee as laid down by CAE from time to time. ‘Cool off’ period, which is the minimum duration a candidate is required to wait before reappearing for the test, will be determined by IndiGo and communicated by CAE to the applicants.

COOL OFF PERIOD NOW IS 3 MONTHS. This will remain in effect till further notice

Applicants successfully completing the aviation knowledge test will be attending the CAE Aircrew Selection System (CASS). The cost of the CASS will be paid by the candidate before the assessment. Amount is fixed at 375 USD.

The cost for this selection process is non refundable. Extra costs (travel, housing, etc.) will be payable by the candidate.

Kind Regards,
Radhika
Recruiter-Pilot Provisioning
CAE Simulation Technologies Pvt Ltd
E-mail: [email protected]

All the Best
AP :ok:

AviatorVette
8th Dec 2011, 06:41
Guys who have received the mail but been shortlisted, make sure your CV is correct. No errors, medicals valid.. everything has to be perfect!

SCPL
8th Dec 2011, 10:38
It is. Everything is perfect. Still no call.
12 month going on waiting.
In Jan obe year or waiting will be over but not been shortlisted even ONCE!

Cessna_pilot
8th Dec 2011, 11:49
All the guys who got their letter for the test are you current on your recency and how many days/months have you waited for the first letter.

SCPL
8th Dec 2011, 13:05
Though being current is not required I have heard.
BUT I AM. and I have waited to get "shortlisted" for one year!! Still Waiting......

bayblade
8th Dec 2011, 13:16
do we have to send them our CV to get an email/invite for exam or do we wait for a mail from them to respond to our application?

Uniform.
8th Dec 2011, 13:59
is there anyone who got another chance??
i mean 2nd attempt?
or everyone still waiting for 1st call itself ?

Aviator26
9th Dec 2011, 18:17
Finally, got the first mail on the 7th from Parul.
Exam on 11th/12th Jan.'12.
Last date to reply back- 15th Dec.'11.
"As there is a certain number of candidates we can call for this attempt, we will be sending the call letter on first come basis. In case we reach the required number before you reply, you will not receive a reply to this email."
Who else received one? Hope to get shortlisted atleast this time.. Guys, please post when you get the second mail.

PS.:First Mails sent out more than a month in advance this time, wonder when the second mails would be sent :s

SuperflyTNT
12th Dec 2011, 11:08
Has anyone received an e-mail from CAE today ?

nishantgupta2009
12th Dec 2011, 14:09
How many got selected on 9th interview

PEC
13th Dec 2011, 05:17
How many got selected on 9th interview

They have selected a total of 7!

Aviator26
13th Dec 2011, 08:00
7 Out of ?

LieDetector
13th Dec 2011, 09:14
hey butterfly,

was this interview for the type rated candidates?

MLSAPPCH
13th Dec 2011, 14:00
7 out of 9..on 9th

airbuscopilot
13th Dec 2011, 14:51
Was there an Interview today @ Indigo?
Any News of interviews on the 16th?

ButterFly747
14th Dec 2011, 08:34
Liedetector

no interview was for freshers, i mean cpl holders. 9 out of 12 got selected :)

wings of fire
14th Dec 2011, 08:40
Guys I have not been getting the call for CAE-indigo exam. I got called up last in may 2011, but that was just 5 days before the exam date. So I didn't attempt it. After that people have been getting a month's notice for the exam, and guess what, however much I beg parul , radhika or any of the girls to send me the call letter , I don't get it..

How r they sending the call letters?

PEC
14th Dec 2011, 08:51
however much I beg parul , radhika or any of the girls to send me the call letter , I don't get it..

Never do that! Leave the begging to those who have nothing in life.

SuperflyTNT
14th Dec 2011, 09:29
Has anyone got any call letters this week ?

LieDetector
14th Dec 2011, 09:48
This is really Bizzare the HR at CAE has really turned this recruitment into a chaos.

PEC
14th Dec 2011, 10:07
Mr. Lie Detector,

This is really Bizzare the HR at CAE has really turned this recruitment into a chaos.

The HR at CAE has nothing to do with this. All of this chaos is orchestrated by the 3 women and 1 man in-charge of this "Outsourced" activity. If it goes on in this way, it will soon turn into a free for all brawl (hopefully with some Double Ds thrown in!)

And Mr. SuperFly,

A few people did get the email earlier this week. They were the last few to get it since CAE is done with the "Calling" business for the Jan'12 attempt. Better luck when the CAE circus returns to town! Possibly by early march!

LieDetector
14th Dec 2011, 10:09
What do you mean outsourced?

I thought the recruiting process was outsourced to CAE, are these not CAE representatives?

PEC
14th Dec 2011, 10:16
I thought the recruiting process was outsourced to CAE, are these not CAE representatives?

It is. They are. However they aren't part of the "HR at CAE"!
The four clowns make up for whatever is the "Pilot-Provisioning" Dept. at CAE.

LieDetector
14th Dec 2011, 10:25
What is their calling criteria?
I know a person who had applied 5 months ago and yet no call, and then there are guys on these forums claiming they got a call within a month of applying.

dragstar
14th Dec 2011, 10:30
Better luck when the CAE circus returns to town! Possibly by early march!

@PEC
What makes you say that the next attempt after 11th Jan.'12 will be in early March'12. Kindly elaborate on your source.

PEC
14th Dec 2011, 11:30
@PEC
What makes you say that the next attempt after 11th Jan.'12 will be in early March'12.

The same thing that made me say
No more attempts till December end / Jan.
way back, on the 31st of Oct'11.

@Lie-Detector,
What is their calling criteria?

Names at random! Thats about it.

LieDetector
14th Dec 2011, 12:17
And the fact that they have 1000's on their databases and only around 100 get called makes it a lottery draw.

PEC
14th Dec 2011, 12:31
And the fact that they have 1000's on their databases and only around 100 get called makes it like a lottery draw.

Hell Yeah! ...You can say that again!

frustated_pilot
14th Dec 2011, 13:22
hi guys, i have just joined this forum...i have been trying to get initial email from cae since april month...i thought i might get it for January attempt..but this dream didnt come true...my question is how many ppl got the confirmation mail,as last date is 15ht dec...also wat to do for getting initial mail from these guys for next attempt.......
thank you

SCPL
14th Dec 2011, 15:26
Trying since Feb' 2011. Not got a chance to sit for the test even once.
Giving up now!

MLSAPPCH
14th Dec 2011, 15:49
Guys its hard to wait , frustating as well as irritating..100% agree

Guess what..i got a call after one year of my application...wrote the exam could not clear...again got the call after 6 months[though that time cooling period was 3 months]-wrote the exam again...got the LOI..

But Right now Indigo Seems to be the only one taking the merit way..so enjoy your life but be perpared every month to write Indigo exam..thats what i did!!

And not to mention got 3 times banned on this forum as well :}

Sweptair
15th Dec 2011, 05:37
Spicejet would be coming up for fresh CPL holders very soon..Tentative Date for written is 5th Jan,2012..So don't lose it..there is still a ray of hope & Please our finance ministry Please Control USD uncle otherwise fuel will burn our careers....

SCPL
15th Dec 2011, 06:33
How do you know 5th Jan tentative date??
Jan may be yes one can say that....but tentative date 5th Jan?
Please do share the source - not the exact name but something you know...
Thnx :)

hinitin123
15th Dec 2011, 10:14
ppl have started receiving the confirmation email from indigo

upilotg
15th Dec 2011, 12:22
Best of Luck :ok: to all those appearing for the Interview tomorrow!! :)

Aviator26
15th Dec 2011, 12:53
Received 2nd mail today. They have asked shortlisted candidates to confirm and reply back by 18th Dec.'11.

werido1100
15th Dec 2011, 18:22
What time did u guys get the 2nd mail. i didnt get 2nd mail as yet. hope to get it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

MLSAPPCH
15th Dec 2011, 21:07
Santa had his bi annual flight review last night...the examiner brought a shot gun on the ride...Santa said whats the shot gun for? the examiner said "I'm not supposed to tell you but your gonna lose one on take off!" :)

AviatorVette
16th Dec 2011, 06:19
Guys best of luck with your CAE exam, study hard. I cleared the OCT attempt.. Just received my LOI today. Waiting for TR dates.

avicon
16th Dec 2011, 07:40
Is Indigo giving out LOI's these days. When is their next written interview and where do they publish the details? Or do they not publish it and it takes an insider job to figure these things out?

Is the LOI subject to a self-sponsored type rating or will they pay for your TR training once selected.

What if you have done your TR from a centre other than CAE? Do they ha major issues with that?

Please can someone shed some light.

wings of fire
16th Dec 2011, 07:53
Congrats buddy. You have earned your wings.
Meanwhile we are waiting to get called for the exam.

Aviator09
16th Dec 2011, 07:54
Avicon
Talking things that make no sense and now posting in query about things that have repeatedly been posted on the forum.Since, the topic is about Indigo Assessments being conducted for CPL holders,Take out some of your precious time and all your questions will be answers in detail.
Don't expect to be spoon-fed by a Woman Pilot. I guess you'd not be able to live by the whole idea.

avicon
16th Dec 2011, 08:53
Hmmm. OK point taken.

werido1100
16th Dec 2011, 13:23
Did anyone get the 2nd mail today? or all were sent out yesterday?
:uhoh:

flexiflyer
16th Dec 2011, 16:09
no weirdo ..i did'nt receive any second email yet.....:(

airbuscopilot
16th Dec 2011, 18:52
Was there an interview today?

Also people who have got their LOI's, what dates are expected for your Type Rating?

What formalities after getting the LOI? Does indigo/Cae help or all on your own? (Stuff like Visa and Orientation etc?)

upilotg
18th Dec 2011, 12:15
Yes, there was an interview on 16th Dec, it was the last interview for Oct batch.

nishantgupta2009
19th Dec 2011, 03:40
So finally how many got selected on 16th.

AVIATROZ
20th Dec 2011, 18:30
Out of 8, 6-7 people were selected.i was one of them.I just wanted to say friends the whole process is pretty fair n straight forward.According to me you just need to give your best towards it and leave everything else on god,if you have given a fair amount of hard work and efforts things gonna work up on there on.
best of luck to my other aviators mates for the further recruitment process.
Happy landings

upilotg
20th Dec 2011, 19:12
Congratulations Buddy!! :ok:

LieDetector
21st Dec 2011, 10:59
Guys who get the second mail to confirm their attendance, are they confirmed to sit in the exam or is there further screening?

SCPL
21st Dec 2011, 11:06
Did all the people here - who got the 1st email for Jan attempt - get the 2nd confirmation email too?
Because i think still confirmation mails are to be sent out to many people.
Plz do reply.

werido1100
21st Dec 2011, 13:38
I think 2nd mail are yet to be sent, the two people who wrote that they got 2nd mail. posted on 15th dec, which was the last date for the 1st mail. so i dont think indigo can shortlist so fast hen they have a month to do it. anyways this is my take on it. if they got it then best of luck to them and we have to wait for the next attempt. best of luck..:uhoh:

sudeep6258
21st Dec 2011, 13:55
Out of 8, 6-7 people were selected.i was one of them.I just wanted to say friends the whole process is pretty fair n straight forward.According to me you just need to give your best towards it and leave everything else on god,if you have given a fair amount of hard work and efforts things gonna work up on there on.
best of luck to my other aviators mates for the further recruitment process.
Happy landings

Oh, that's great AVIATROZ.. Can you tell me how to prepare.. Specially for the CASS ;)

trai
21st Dec 2011, 15:14
hii has any one got a confirmation email for 11th jan exam after the 2nd email from cae

flexiflyer
21st Dec 2011, 18:15
i received the first email but not the second yet.....let see whether they shortlist us this time or not.......:sad:

SCPL
21st Dec 2011, 18:58
@Trai

I dint understand -

"hii has any one got a confirmation email for 11th jan exam after the 2nd email from cae"

......I thought confirmation email is the 2nd email !

airbuscopilot
21st Dec 2011, 20:15
Im guessing Type Rating Dates at CAE would be somewhere around March?
Do Confirm when You get to know.

Thanks.

LieDetector
22nd Dec 2011, 06:07
That late?

Also I've heard some batches are being sent to Malaysia for TR, is that true?

ak129
22nd Dec 2011, 06:33
hi ,
i had got the mail from parul asking me the details and the one containing spreadsheet...after that i got a mail asking me to confirm my medical validity between two weird dates ( weird because none of the two dates had anything to do with my medical validity) ......after that have not got any mail....

whats the second mail that a couple of guys are talking about????

i am preparing hard for the exam hoping i will be called this time.....anyone has any idea whats with this medical validity date thing????and are only those people being called who got this second mail???

cyrilroy21
22nd Dec 2011, 06:40
@ak129

Could you post the email thats asks about the medical validity ?

AviatorVette
22nd Dec 2011, 08:09
Oct attempt rating is jan end atleast my batch.

airbuscopilot
22nd Dec 2011, 11:28
As the OCT'11 Attempt was divided into multiple batches (3 as far as i know?!)
, the TR's also should be like with a months difference each. (NOT SURE)

So i guess the last batch on 16th Dec, should be around Mid March.

Don't know about Madrid or KL and no idea whats going on inside :)

alpha_victor_romeo
22nd Dec 2011, 14:20
thanks man I also got the 1st and the 2nd mail.... i was just worried about getting the third one. so logged in to pprune to get some info.... but you already cleared it out...

thank you :ok::ok:

AVR

PS so should I expect to get my hall ticket email by 3-4th Jan 2012 ??

Aviator_Prat
23rd Dec 2011, 06:43
Ive heard that the last date to respond to the 2nd mail for confirmation was the 18th of Dec.

LieDetector
23rd Dec 2011, 14:55
Admission tickets are being sent out!
One of my friend got it yesterday, All the best!

Edit: Guys who have given the exam, is there a cheap motel/hotel close by to stay in?
He will be flying from Mumbai one day before the exam.

SCPL
24th Dec 2011, 06:01
Yup 2 more people I know got Admission tickets yesterday night.
All the best to others!

werido1100
25th Dec 2011, 13:30
Guys more hall tickets are to be sent out or it is done for this attempt.?

LieDetector
28th Dec 2011, 11:36
The performance questions where we have to calculate TOD, given gradient, wind, temp etc etc. Are they done using a chart/graph or numerically?

Secondly could you suggest material for Vspeeds, def, things that effet them etc. and CG questions.

SCPL
28th Dec 2011, 12:59
Are such questions on performance asked? I dont think there is much weightage on performance questions!
Do share.

LieDetector
28th Dec 2011, 13:00
A few were asked, someone posted them earlier, that is why I ask.

Halfwayback
28th Dec 2011, 18:59
I have recently had cause to delete a number of posts because of the use of txt spk.

This is a professional pilots forum and, whilst it is fully appreciated that English may not be a person's first language, it is the lingua franca of PPRune.

TXT SPK posts will be deleted.

Halfwayback

Aviator_Prat
29th Dec 2011, 05:49
V-Speeds Wiki has a comprehensive list with definitions!
V speeds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_speeds)
For detailed explanation the Limitations Chapter in Oxford Principles of Flight, is always there!
As far as the CG questions are concerned Keith Williams maybe!
I am looking for Performance questions too!

There was a question bank doing the rounds a few pages back, I was hoping we could get a download Url or something!

:ok: AP

LieDetector
29th Dec 2011, 13:03
PM me your email address, I will forward the Q bank to you.

Are you appearing for the Jan written? ALso the takeoff distance questions, are they solved using graphs or numerically?

Aviator_Prat
29th Dec 2011, 13:14
@ LieDetector PM'ed! Thanks!

SCPL
29th Dec 2011, 14:01
Do they actually ask Performance questions like:
Take-off distance calculations? whichever by graph or numerically
Landing distance calculations? whichever by graph or numerically
& other performance numericals/sums?
and so on n so forth?

Guyz please do share.

STABLE extrovert
29th Dec 2011, 16:14
The Take-off and Landing distance calculations are covered in the Oxford Mass & balance and performance book. However, as I understand they require the use of graphs.

Maybe someone who appeared in the October attempt (thats where the so called performance based questions were asked for the first time), Could share with us if they came across any performance numericals based on graphs?

keith williams
29th Dec 2011, 17:13
For the graphs used in the DGCA (JAR based) CofG, Flight Planning and Aircraft Performance questions go to the UK CAA website at caa.co.uk and search for the following books

CAP696
CAP697
CAP698

CAP 696 is for CofG, CAP697 is for Flight Planning, and CAP 698 is for Aircraft Performance.

These books contain all of the graphs, worked examples of how to use them, plus lots of key facts and definitions. You can download the books in PDF format free of charge.

LieDetector
29th Dec 2011, 17:26
Thanks a lot Keith!

Appreciate it.

Aviatorrr
29th Dec 2011, 17:57
There wasn't any question which had graphs for performance.

hinitin123
29th Dec 2011, 18:18
i don't think they ask any Q. regarding performance with graph or T/O distance calculation... its all the basics ....guys do not get too much deep in to all that they will only ask basic stuff and i am not sure if they asked anything with graph in the October attempt

airtransporter
30th Dec 2011, 05:05
The take-off distance of an aircraft is 800m in standard atmosphere, no wind at 0 ft pressure-altitude.
Using the following corrections:
`± 20 m / 1 000 ft field elevation `
`- 5 m / kt headwind `
`+ 10 m / kt tail wind `
`± 15 m / % runway slope `
`± 5 m / °C deviation from standard temperature `
The take-off distance from an airport at 2 000 ft elevation, temperature 21°C, QNH 1013.25 hPa, 2% up-slope, 5 kt tail wind is:

SCPL
30th Dec 2011, 05:25
Ive asked few people but such a question on take off distance was not asked for sure in the Oct attempt.

Aviatorrr
30th Dec 2011, 06:17
There were no questions like the one you have mentioned. It was more like if the CoG is forward what would be the fuel flow like? Not exactly performance but still..

airtransporter
30th Dec 2011, 07:35
My dear friends,
Firstly, I have given IndiGo's October attempt and this was one of the questions asked in written examination. Secondly, this is a question from performance subject(under the subtitle "Factors affecting Take off Performance").
All the best for all candidates.

Regards,
AIRTRANSPORTER

STABLE extrovert
30th Dec 2011, 08:11
Based on the reference provided by AIRTRANSPORTER, I have tried to solve the above question.

With temperature at 21°C and pressure=1013, the density altitude=3157 ft for the airfield at 2000 ft.

All three factors temperature (21°C) being more than ISA, 2% up-slope and 5 kt tail wind will cause the take-off distance to increase. Hence, the answer should be that the take-off distance will increase/more than 800m. I dont know how we can calculate the exact figure without graphs.

Let me know if you guys agree with my solution.

STABLE extrovert
30th Dec 2011, 08:45
If the runway is sloping a component of the weight will act along the runway, and increase or decrease the accelerating force.

An uphill slope will reduce the accelerating force and increase the take-off distance.

Source: Reference as mentioned by AIRTRANSPORTER.

Aviatorrr
30th Dec 2011, 08:47
Did you give the 20th October or 21st October attempt? I gave the 21st one. And an upslope runway will definitely increase take-off distance.

LieDetector
30th Dec 2011, 09:06
How was the written?
Did you guys manage to clear it?

airtransporter
30th Dec 2011, 09:09
@aviatorrr - 20th :)
@others - Whats the answer? Solve it... TODR? :ok:

Aviatorrr
30th Dec 2011, 09:15
The answer is 950 m or whatever is closest in options.. Funnily, on 21st there were none of these questions as far as I remember..

GoIndiGo
30th Dec 2011, 10:01
Has anybody got an LOI ??? Do reply

Aviatorrr
30th Dec 2011, 10:25
Nopes didn't get LOI till now..

keith williams
30th Dec 2011, 12:09
The take-off distance of an aircraft is 800m in standard atmosphere, no wind at 0 ft pressure-altitude.
Using the following corrections:
`± 20 m / 1 000 ft field elevation `
`- 5 m / kt headwind `
`+ 10 m / kt tail wind `
`± 15 m / % runway slope `
`± 5 m / °C deviation from standard temperature `

The take-off distance from an airport at 2 000 ft elevation, temperature 21°C, QNH 1013.25 hPa, 2% up-slope, 5 kt tail wind is

This is a standard JAR question. It is intended to test your knowledge of the way in which various factors affect the take-off distance.

Any factor (such as increased elevation, increased temperature, tailwind and upslope) that decreases aircraft performance during take-off will increase the distance. If you are not fully familiar with these factors download the CAP698 and read the relevant sections.

The important thing is not to know the answer to any specific question (because the number can be changed very easily) but to ensure that you understand the subjects well enough to answer any question of this type.

For this question.

Distance in standard condition = 800M

For 2000 ft elev add 2 x 20M = +40M

At 2000 ft elev ISA OAT = 11 C
so 21C is ISA + 10C so the
correction is +10 x 5 = + 50M

For 2% upslope add 2 x 15M = + 30M

For 5 kt tailwind add 5 x 10M = + 50M

Total distance = 970 M

STABLE extrovert
30th Dec 2011, 12:30
Thanks for your help Keith!! Now I know how to solve it without the graphs :)

SCPL
2nd Jan 2012, 05:03
Guys I have heard regarding regulations they ask questions on:

Light gun signals.
Emergency Procedures, Communication failures.
Separation minimas - longitudinal, time, track etc..
VFR/IFR rules & minimas.
Class Airspaces rules.
Acts - Warsaw, Tpkyo, Chicago etc..

Till now only questions on these have been asked.

Correct me if I am wrong? please.

hitesh.ahire
2nd Jan 2012, 08:55
Surprisingly,
Theres alot they would mention in their Aptitude entrance.

Refer to any Bank Clerical Entrance Book. You`ll find alot of Interesting questions that usually appear in Indigo and Jet Entrance.

SCPL
2nd Jan 2012, 10:36
For IndiGo you are talking about the 2ns stage where in they test your aptitude...and NOT the written test right?!

airbuscopilot
3rd Jan 2012, 16:45
Hey Guys, Whats the update on the dates for TR?

I read first batch that cleared Interviews in last week of November has January dates. Late January?

Done with the Orientation? PM me if you like.

Anyone got any idea for specific dates for TR for the later batch that cleared on the 9th and 16th Dec?

SCPL
4th Jan 2012, 01:57
Guys what have they actually asked from Performance till date....do they ask questions on:

TODR ASDR ASDA TORR TODA?
Take off flight path?
LDA ALD LDR?
etc...?

thearsenal
4th Jan 2012, 04:13
The negative (radial) acceleration of an airplane affects the sitting pilot with inertia along:

A) the transverse body axis to the right.
B) the transverse body axis to the left.
C) the vertical body axis upwards.
D) the vertical body axis downwards.

can anybody explain this answer?

gAMbl3
4th Jan 2012, 04:32
in negative radial acceleration (-g) the centrifugal force acts from seat to head.

fly straight and level and then push the yolk forward abruptly, if your seat belt is not secured your head will hit the roof (if the cockpit is small like c152)

thearsenal
4th Jan 2012, 05:45
@gambl3

cheers man, much appreciated, any idea where i can read up a little more about this?

snowleopard
4th Jan 2012, 14:57
Hey guys,

I had recently applied for the IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program and was told that stage I (Phy, Mat and Eng written test) would be held in d 1st week of Feb 2012. :uhoh: I also recieved the syllabus for this exam which contains topics on physics, maths and english from which I was told to prepare for.

Any light on how to prepare for this exam/what the exam would be like would be greatly appreciated.

aniqua
4th Jan 2012, 18:33
hey ,

what is cadet pilot program? Is indigo still taking people as cedets? what is the requirement?

hinitin123
4th Jan 2012, 19:40
people who have already appeared are also getting chance for the assessment. Its based on First come First serve basis.

check indigo website for CADET PILOT PROGRAM. they are still looking in and will continue to admit guys for cadet pilot program.

werido1100
5th Jan 2012, 03:47
Guys can anyone tell me which topics to study in met?

Aviator_Prat
5th Jan 2012, 04:30
Q) If Paris reports a wind of 16020kt on the metar, what wind velocity would you expect to encounter at a height of 2000 ft above the ground? (Ans: 19040kt)

Q) you are flying at FL 200. OAT is -40 degrees C and the pressure at sea level is 1003 hpa. what is the true altitude? (Ans: 19340ft)

Q) you plan a flight over a mountain range at a true altitude of 15000 ft/amsl. The air is 15 degrees C colder than ISA ,the pressure at the sea level is 1003 hpa. what indication must the altimeter(setting 1013.2hpa) read ? (Ans: 16230ft)

Ans 1. Surface winds in the NH are Backed(SH Veered) by 30 Degs & the speed reduces by 50% over land.
Backing is anticlockwise turning, Winds at 2000 ft will be 190/40Kts

Ans 2/3. Use the Formula:
TA = IA + (4 x IA/1000 x ISA Dev) + (27 x (QNH – Subscale))

I cant seem to get the answer for the 2nd ques tho (18540 ft) anybody?

AP

LieDetector
5th Jan 2012, 08:11
The answer for the second question listed by aviator787 is incorrect.

A couple of questions:

Q1.NH wind at 2000ft 210/60. Thermal wind 20 knots. Lowest Mean temp : NW.
Find upper wind?

How do you solve ^^these numericals? What is the concept?

Q2. Any acceleration in climb, with a constant power setting:
A) decreases the rate of climb and the angle of climb
B) improves the rate of climb if the airspeed is below VY
C) improves the climb gradient if the airspeed is below VX
D) decreases rate of climb and increase angle of climb

Q3.For a single engine class B aeroplane, V2 may not be less than:
A) not applicable
B) 1.15Vs
C) 1.2Vs
D) 1.5Vs

Q4. Regarding take-off, the take-off decision speed V1:
A) Is always equal to VEF (Engine Failure speed)
B) Is an airspeed at which the aeroplane is airborne but below 35 ft and the pilot is assumed to have made a decision to continue or discontinue the take-off
C) Is the airspeed of the aeroplane upon reaching 35 feet above the take-off surface
D) Is the airspeed on the ground at which the pilot is assumed to have made a decision to continue or discontinue the take-off

Q5. Any acceleration in climb, with a constant power setting:

Q6.The stall speed of an aircraft will increase with:
(a) decrease in the load factor
(b) increase in the pitch attitude for straight and level
(c) increase in the all up weight of the aircraft

aviator787
5th Jan 2012, 09:59
thanks aviator prat for helping really appreciate there was a mistake in typing wrote 1003 hpa instead of 1033 hpa in 2nd question.

Aviator_Prat
5th Jan 2012, 11:13
Q2. Any acceleration in climb, with a constant power setting:
The only way we can accelerate in the climb at a constant power setting is to lower the nose, lowering the nose will decrease both the ROC & Angle Of Climb.

Q3.For a single engine class B aeroplane, V2 may not be less than:
A) not applicable
(V2 is the Speed at which the a/c becomes airborne safely with 1 engine Inop)
B) 1.15Vs
C) 1.2Vs
D) 1.5Vs

Q4. Regarding take-off, the take-off decision speed V1:
A) Is always equal to VEF (Engine Failure speed)
B) Is an airspeed at which the aeroplane is airborne but below 35 ft and the pilot is assumed to have made a decision to continue or discontinue the take-off
C) Is the airspeed of the aeroplane upon reaching 35 feet above the take-off surface
D) Is the airspeed on the ground at which the pilot is assumed to have made a decision to continue or discontinue the take-off

Q5. Any acceleration in climb, with a constant power setting:

Q6.The stall speed of an aircraft will increase with:
(a) decrease in the load factor
(b) increase in the pitch attitude for straight and level
(c) increase in the all up weight of the aircraft

Q1.NH wind at 2000ft 210/60. Thermal wind 20 knots. Lowest Mean temp : NW. Find upper wind?
Help anyone?

Correct me if I am wrong!

AP

aniqua
5th Jan 2012, 17:37
guys any idea if indigo is going to continue recruitment after 20 jan 2012 every month or is it goin to be once in 3 mnths?

ankit9690
7th Jan 2012, 03:12
hello. can you please explain the first question and the thermal winds ?

hinitin123
9th Jan 2012, 09:29
hi can any 1 gimme the answer for this Q. got a little confusion

Q1. When an altimeter is used for SSR it is always referenced to:
A) 1013.25 hPa
B) The pressure setting in use
C) QFE
D) QNH

2. Given the following:
True Course: 315°
Wind velocity: 230/40
TAS: 420 knots

What is the wind correction angle and the groundspeed? (WCA / GS)
A) -6° / 415
B) +6° / 425
C) +6° / 415
D) -6° / 425

3.An approximate equation for calculation conversion angle is:
A) CA=dlong x sin Lat. x sin Long.
B) CA=0,5 x dlat x sin Lat.
C) CA=(dlong-dlat) x 0,5.
D) CA=0,5 x dlong x sin lat.

4.. Any acceleration in climb, with a constant power setting:

5.Q. An aircraft is flying over sea.FL 100.True altitude 10000ft.local QNH 1003. What can you say about the airmass over which the aircraft is flying:
a. It is warmer than ISA
b. It is colder than ISA
c. Its average temperature is same as that of ISA
d.The information is not sufficient

6.What is random error, choose from the following example.
a) A shooter mistakenly shoots from the gun
b) A shooter shoots 1 in away from the target
c) Pilot put wrong info in the FMS

7.11. On finals, your you extend your flaps, is that?
A, skill based
B, knowledge based
C, rule based
D, some base

mgrandhi
9th Jan 2012, 10:03
can anyone suggest me any budget hotels near CAE banglore and contact details if possible

tnx in advance

hinitin123
9th Jan 2012, 10:12
hi buddy i think somebody has given the hotel's name and no. in the post u will have to sort it out but m sure some1 has definitely put up the name . tc and good luck !!!

LieDetector
9th Jan 2012, 10:18
^^

Q1. A
Q2. A
Q3. D
Q4. A
Q5. C
Q6. A
Q7. B(Not too sure about this)

Nitin are you sitting for the exam on 11th,12th?
Do you know if they allow the CX2?

Aviator_Prat
9th Jan 2012, 10:58
5.Q. An aircraft is flying over sea.FL 100.True altitude 10000ft.local QNH 1003. What can you say about the airmass over which the aircraft is flying:
a. It is warmer than ISA
b. It is colder than ISA
c. Its average temperature is same as that of ISA
d.The information is not sufficient

I think Ans: A
P Alt if QNH(1003) is set = 9730 ft (FL100 1013=10000ft)
True Alt is more than P Alt which implies +ve ISA Deviation.
Correct me if im wrong!
The forum a few pages back says Cx2/Scientific calculators are allowed

AP :ok:

AvIaTo
9th Jan 2012, 18:23
Yes Cx2 and scientific calc's are allowed..

abhimakam
10th Jan 2012, 03:17
Hi,

The ans is 'C'.
When T.alt== P.Alt it implies that the temp at that level is at ISA.

Regards
Abhi.

SCPL
10th Jan 2012, 03:24
How many questions on MET are asked usually?
I have heard usually 6-7 questions are asked.
Please share.

Aviator_Prat
10th Jan 2012, 04:27
@ Abhi
Ref: Met theory question [Archive] - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-259127.html)

FL are wrt 1013.25 & QNH = 1003

Rgds,
AP

werido1100
11th Jan 2012, 15:38
How many people cleared today? any idea?

ckalli
12th Jan 2012, 05:33
10-12 people out of 50

alpha_victor_romeo
12th Jan 2012, 06:04
Thank you all of you for putting in all the info on this forum. Really helped a lot for my exam !! yeah I cleared the exam yesterday. It was such a relief !! I wish all the best to all the pprune-ers out there. And guys don't worry exam is not that hard. It just requires you to put in the right effort. I shall be posting the questions or topics which I can recollect shortly.
Thank you All

Best Of Luck

AVR:ok::ok::ok:

PS @ above - 25 out of 52 cleared yesterday !!

kush3370
12th Jan 2012, 15:51
Hello Folks.....

i have been reading plenty of questions posted on this thread so i was wondering where are these questions coming from? i mean the source...which book do u people get these ques from? or is there any comprehensive que bank specially made for indigo (which everyone seem to have) ? kindly suggest me the source of questions....any help would be much appreciated....

Reagards

St_Elmo
13th Jan 2012, 03:39
@ AVR :D :ok:, All the best!!

@ Kush, Everyone's conspiring against you buddy :E everyone has a secret question bank.
btw the questions on the thread are thanks to the people who give the exam and write down the questions they remember from the paper. Kudos to them! :ok:

Saint.E!

alpha_victor_romeo
13th Jan 2012, 08:16
Here is goes
there were 5 questions on turning errors of the compass. like turning towards north in NH when do you roll out.... easy stuff
then questions on ssr codes and
Radio Aids
Know the ranges of frequency
HF,VHF,UHF,SHF etc radio failure procedure...and slant range of DME...VHF range.... Radio altemeter... range and purpose(very basic nothing in depth)
Met
ISA Lapse rate....(also study fog and clowds....didnt come this time but they seem to ask it a lot)
Regs
VMC in Class ABCDEFG airspace....SSR codes....
NAV
Basic CP and PNR.... speed reduction if you wanna cross a particular point 5 mins late....eg A/c speed 480kt at how much speed should be reduced to cross the VOR 750nm far... TAS GS WINDS Given.....
Theory Of Flight
Action of fwd CG... position of CP with incereasing speed.... Affect of CG on Longitudinal Stability.... When nose gear goes aft in retraction what happens to CG....
HUMAN PERFORMANCE - Most IMPORTANT SUBJECT...
STUDY EVERYTHING COVERED IN OXFORD... DONT LEAVE ANYTHING
Inner ear outer ear...hypoxia,hyperventilation internal/external respiration..... automatic Complainance.... Psycosamatic ...physiological side effects.... Stress... DECISION MAKING... Decompression Sickness.... Time of useful conscienceness...etc... Basically Everything the WHOLE BOOK....I guarantee you will pass...

(Sorry I got drunk after exam so Cant recollect questions and options.... but i am sure i have covered most of imp stuffs..)

ALL THE BEST GUYS

SuperflyTNT
13th Jan 2012, 12:08
Thank you Alpha victor romeo.

Anybody out here know when CAE will be conducting the next written ?

PEC
14th Jan 2012, 04:56
Anybody out here know when CAE will be conducting the next written ?

1st week of April or there-about. Not before.

cyrilroy21
14th Jan 2012, 05:29
@PEC

So does this mean that CAE will only conduct the exams every 3 months from now onwards ?

PEC
14th Jan 2012, 06:33
So does this mean that CAE will only conduct the exams every 3 months from now onwards ?

No it doesn't. The CAE-Indigo selection is based on requirement, it isn't as periodic as a pendulum. So if there is a need it may be monthly, or tri-monthly or half yearly. If there isn't...you know the rest.

smurf84
14th Jan 2012, 06:43
As per their website, they are looking for A320 rated Junior co-pilots, cadet pilots, experienced Captains/Co-pilots. It doesn't look like they need Junior co-pilots (a DGCA CPL holder with IR) at the moment. I'm not sure if I'm right considering the information I picked up from the IndiGo website.

superdunkaroos
14th Jan 2012, 09:09
For non-type rated Jr co-pilots Preliminary selection is done by CAE. Its a 5 year contract for CAE.

smurf84
14th Jan 2012, 09:17
Never knew about that. Thanks.

bombayhues
14th Jan 2012, 10:51
@superdunkaroos: You are right about the CAE part but there is NO contract for the pilots joining as junior co-pilots!

superdunkaroos
14th Jan 2012, 11:02
I meant it is a 5 year contract between Indigo and CAE for this specific recruitment.

cyrilroy21
14th Jan 2012, 11:24
Never knew about that. Thanks.

For non-type rated Jr co-pilots Preliminary selection is done by CAE

@smurf

Thats what this whole thread is about :)

https://pilot.cae.com/Programs/Indigo.aspx

SuperflyTNT
14th Jan 2012, 13:21
I heard there might be an exam during the end of March or early April too. And PEC is right CAE conducts their exams based on Indigos' requirement.

Although i heard from another source that there will be exams held every month until April after which they will put the exams on hold for a while. Nothing that I can confirm though.

SuperflyTNT
14th Jan 2012, 13:23
Also, any idea as to how many people cleared the written exam that was conducted a few days back?

As someone had mentioned over here, on the first day 25 out of 52 had cleared. What about the results on the 2nd day? And also if anyone from the 2nd day could share the questions it would be appreciated.

PEC
14th Jan 2012, 15:11
What about the results on the 2nd day?

10 cleared. So a total of 35 from the two days combined move over to the CASS session.

cyrilroy21
14th Jan 2012, 15:15
A littler off topic....

Just how desperate is IndiGo for pilots ?

When you go to their website on the home page itself you see them advertising to join them as a Cadet Pilot
Skylights Redirect (http://goindigo.in)

CAE is conducting 5 intakes for cadet pilots this year itself
CAE Global Academy - IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program (http://www.caeglobalacademy.com/gondia/IndiGo_training_programs.shtml)

Is it possible that one day they will stop jr. co-pilots from outside ?

SCPL
14th Jan 2012, 18:10
Is 10 people cleared on 2nd day - information confirmed..? how can u say? sure?
coz i feel 1st day 25 n 2nd day 10-12 people......seems less on 2nd day very less infact!

PEC
15th Jan 2012, 04:13
Is it possible that one day they will stop jr. co-pilots from outside ?
Possibly by this year-end, it might be a reality!

37thousandfeet
15th Jan 2012, 04:46
25 on day 1 and another 25 on day 2..... confirmed...

SCPL
15th Jan 2012, 11:55
Nope its not 25 on day 2 - confirmed!

Uniform.
16th Jan 2012, 06:13
Anyone knows wheres the CAE office in New Delhi???

flexiflyer
16th Jan 2012, 07:32
@uniform :- there in no CAE office in New Delhi, its only in Bangalore.

And can anyone please confirm that how many students cleared the written on 12th January.......?
please........

attitudeFlying
16th Jan 2012, 07:44
10 people passed on 12th Jan.

flexiflyer
16th Jan 2012, 08:54
are you sure????? as some people are saying tht 25 cleared on 12th Jan...

AvIaTo
16th Jan 2012, 14:06
10 ppl passed on day 2.. a bit different paper on 12th... coz less human performance question this time and a lot of technical and performance stuff..
Guys study each and everything not only human performance can get you through..

werido1100
16th Jan 2012, 14:34
25 cleared on 12th. confirmed.

SCPL
16th Jan 2012, 16:03
Nope I was on 12th....25 have not cleared for SURE

werido1100
17th Jan 2012, 03:02
I cleared on 12th buddy. i clearly asked parul how many cleared. she said 25. maybe u were there before the 2nd results came. at the end there were 25 people.

iiiifly
17th Jan 2012, 08:18
does any one has any idea when is the next attempt of indigo..:ugh:

thax

SCPL
17th Jan 2012, 08:20
What kind of questions are asked by the HR in the CASS structured interview? Please do share.
Even is it individual or according to each and every ones personality could you please share experiences of the "questions" asked by the HR in the so called informal interview of the CASS round.

SCPL
17th Jan 2012, 15:12
Guyz please share what do they ask in the structured interview in the CASS round.

KKAARR
18th Jan 2012, 05:56
guys can anybody let know what kind of Questions were asked on Performance... ? Like, did they ask to depth or Basic stuff only.. Please share if you remember any questions on that...!:uhoh:

alonelyaviator
18th Jan 2012, 07:40
CAE office in delhi:
4th floor, Avanta house
Statement House, Cannaught Place
New Delhi.

About Structure interview:
Questions regarding your personality,the way you think,your future plans i.e. where you find yourself after 10 years in the organisation,why indigo,questions regarding indigo,regarding your flying training i.e. unusual attitude and recovery from it.why you want to become pilot, about your family,what you did during your unemployment period,whether your are law biding or not and disciplined i.e. you jump red light? etc.,about your previous attempt for the pilot job,anything related to your past.....etc.
basically they want to check your positive attitude and most important your smartness and communication skills and whether you fit in indigo's work culture or not.And your learning abilities that is how fast you are in process to take your command.

TIPS:
1. Be Positive.
2. Hide your negative qualities or try to show them in more positive ways.
3. work on your communication skills if you feel you need it.
4. Be Assertive not over confident just try to show that your are learning and enjoying the whole process.
5. Most important don't be in any stress or tension(please don't show them), go with very relax attitude and don't feel it is a do or die situation for you till your cass and interview atleast although it is actually.
6. Don't prepare to much for it and remember the lies you said in this stage because they ask the same things in airline interview.

Best of luck:ok:
ala.

attitudeFlying
18th Jan 2012, 08:00
remember the lies you said in this stage because they ask the same things in airline interview :ok:

pilot in progress
18th Jan 2012, 15:41
hello friends...

congrats to all who cleared the exams this month...
guys did anyone get a mail for cass...

alonelyaviator
18th Jan 2012, 18:13
just basic performance infact the whole exam is very basic nothing in so depth.

alpha_victor_romeo
19th Jan 2012, 07:03
Guys I just finished my CASS on 17th please tell me what is asked in the GD and pi

As in CASS its not that hard you just have to be yourself they give you a handbook just have to go through it. I am sure most will clear... I have my results on 22 hopefully the interview shall be on 24th

If toh could please give me some info on interview preparations I dont want to come this far and loose..:rolleyes:

Thanks

AVR:ok::ok:

SCPL
19th Jan 2012, 08:44
Also do people get less than 10 days between the CASS...and...GD-PI round? else...aprroximately how many days?

flexiflyer
19th Jan 2012, 09:31
PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM.....

3greens 1inthemirror
20th Jan 2012, 12:25
does anybody know when they're gonna conduct the next assessment??? and any tips on how to get the first mail? have applied since June but have only got the first mail once! please help. :uhoh:

LieDetector
22nd Jan 2012, 07:14
Out of the 50 who cleared on the 11th and 12th how many are finally going to be selected after being screened in the CASS and Interview?

SCPL
22nd Jan 2012, 08:29
its not fixed everytime.........
its according to:
- requirement
- how many people are really good/bad
- how many performed well
- did all of them accept the LOI (all of them don't trust me...yes they don't)
- how many people they clear

i know sometimes 'per session' as in per recruitment.....
sometimes 20 were hired long time back, once i know 14 were hired....once i know 18 , and once 21.....

so it depends on lot of factors....

but usually on an average - about 14-16 people. TOTAL.

LieDetector
22nd Jan 2012, 08:50
^^Thanks man

How was your CASS?

And any Idea what type of tech specific questions do they ask in the Interview?

SCPL
22nd Jan 2012, 11:48
Im still to do CASS.
Anywayz are you done with your CASS, LieDetector?

Then you let me know in detail abot it please.

LieDetector
22nd Jan 2012, 11:55
No man.
I'm still waiting for my license.

My friend has his CASS on the 24th, will talk to him and let you know.

alpha_victor_romeo
22nd Jan 2012, 12:41
There will be 4 stages of assessment:

Questionnaire stage

This will be completed online before going to the testing centre. You will use your given
username and password on Welcome to ADAPT (http://www.symbioticsltd.info)
Figure 3: Login screen with example username and password
If you have not been sent your username and/or password via email, you should write to
[email protected]
You should do the questionnaire in a comfortable, quiet area with no distractions or
interruptions.
Firstly you will be asked if you will let your data to be used and stored. Then you will start
the questionnaire, which has 277 questions. This stage has no time limit, but you should try
to finish within 30-45 minutes, in 1 attempt. The questions will change in length and have
options to choose from. You will answer questions on a range of topics, including your
interests, preferences and opinions. There are no right or wrong answers. To assess your
personality to the highest standard, we need to get the correct information about you.
Therefore, you should be totally honest when answering the questionnaire.

alpha_victor_romeo
22nd Jan 2012, 12:53
English Proficiency Test

This is an online test which has some practice sessions and 2 actual sessions
Beginner and Intermediate Both are fairly simple no tension should be taken for that. EASY

Structured Interview stage

This involves a panel interview with 2 members of staff and takes 30-40 minutes. Like the
questionnaire, this interview looks at your personality traits, states, emotion control and
quality of life. The interview is a chance for you to tell us about yourself. This is done
through a relaxed chat, not a formal interview.

Physical Task stage

This stage uses a flight simulator that is based on a simple computer game. It is controlled using a stick and throttle.

You will be sat in-front of 5 screens. The middle three screens show the cockpit view, with the head-up display in the centre. The left screen is the question screen where different types of questions will appear for you to answer. The right screen is the map screen, which shows your route and current information.

Question Task tests include:
Numerical Reasoning: Questions that use numbers & mathematical data.

Verbal Reasoning:Questions based on spoken or written information.

Abstract Reasoning:Recognising patterns/similarities between shapes & figures.

Perceptual Speed and Accuracy:Working quickly & accurately to find information from words, numbers or pictures

Spatial Relationship Reasoning:Being able to see spatial patterns and move/rotate these in your mind, to solve visual problems.

Working Memory:How well you can remember information in the short term.

Stroop Test: How and what you pay attention to.

The whole physical task will last for 1 hour and 15 minutes, and has 5 stages:
1. Cognitive – Practice at answering the psychometric questions.
2. Familiarisation 1 – Practice using the flight simulator and the joy stick and throttle.
3. Familiarisation 2 – Practice using the flight simulator with the map (Sat Nav) screen.
4. Mission 1 – The first mission - flying the simulator and answering questions.
5. Mission 2 – The second mission – similar to mission 1 with some extra tasks.
During the Physical task you will be video recorded. This is so that in the debrief you can see how you reacted.

Debrief stage

During this stage, you will sit with the examiner and watch the video playback of yourself during parts of the physical task. This is so you can think about how you have done and tell us about it.

All the Best

snowleopard
24th Jan 2012, 14:41
An aircraft is flying east with a speed of 500 km/hr. There is a tail wind of speed 40 km/hr from 2400 with respect to the
North. Using triangle law of vectors, the approximate ground speed of the aircraft is

500 km/hr. is this right ?

snowleopard
24th Jan 2012, 14:42
That's 240 degrees... not 2400

Maverick 03
24th Jan 2012, 17:17
Alpha Victor Romeo:

Kindly check your PM

pilot1990
25th Jan 2012, 02:50
Hello friends..plz confirm wethr those who dont clear cass also get mail from parul or radhika...?

Regards
pilot1990

SCPL
25th Jan 2012, 03:21
How was CASS guyz?
Please do share details.
Thank u!!

alpha_victor_romeo
25th Jan 2012, 08:26
c'mon man I just posted it up there....!!!:ugh:

Aviatorrr
25th Jan 2012, 11:31
Is the CASS result out for anybody yet? Any clue how many cleared..

alpha_victor_romeo
25th Jan 2012, 15:34
yeah i think most of them cleared just 1 or 2 failed.... i just gave GD/PI yesterday...awaiting results any idea how long does it usually take..??

cyrilroy21
25th Jan 2012, 17:44
@alpha victor romeo

Could you care to outline the dates the assessments took place ( eg : date of exam , date of CASS , date of Interview )

My friend who gave the Sept '11 written exam had to wait for a whole two months till the final interview .
Written exam in Sept
CASS in October
Interview in November .

It took them one week to tell him that he managed to get through :)

Your case on the other hand seems to be happening very quickly :ok:

And thanks a lot for the info on the CASS . That was most detailed description I have ever seen . Thanks

SaabCapt
26th Jan 2012, 06:16
Indigo..you broke my heart.. lady :ugh:

hifi
26th Jan 2012, 08:15
Yes the stages of assessment were conducted very fast. (for the first 12 candidates at least)
We had the exam on Jan 11 in Delhi
The CASS was held Jan 16 - 21 for 2 candidates per day in Bengaluru.
On Jan 23 evening we got a call to be prepared to go to Delhi for the interview. Got email confirming interview at 5:40 pm to come to Delhi Jan 24 at 9:15 am.

There were 12 candidates for the gd/interview.

Rest of the candidates will have their gd/interview on Feb 7th.

Just waiting for the final results. :ok:

SCPL
26th Jan 2012, 18:20
I want to ask you one thing.
that till 24-25th January....the first 15 people (according to their CASS roll nos./list nos. - who cleared the written test) were called for the CASS.....out of that you are sayin 12 were called!?!?

Surprising!
Fast!
Very Good passing ratio in CASS!

DO reply please.

superdunkaroos
26th Jan 2012, 18:36
You'd have to do something extremely ridiculous to fail the CASS, its a personality/behavior assessment test.

When is you CASS?

SCPL
27th Jan 2012, 04:54
Its nor more like that. They have become more stringent and stricter for the CASS. They do not clear so many people now.

But its your opinion so am ok with what you think. :)

No issues!

VT-delta
27th Jan 2012, 09:39
Has any one got the LOI after the interview held on 24th jan

SCPL
27th Jan 2012, 09:43
LOI? Dude now this is real fast :)
Please do share how many cleared our of how many if there is any information.

LieDetector
27th Jan 2012, 18:44
The LOI is sent home by post, that is what my friend who works for them told me, but he got selected almost a year ago so things might have changed.

Maverick 03
28th Jan 2012, 06:20
Congratulations to all of those who have cleared their interviews. I had a query and would be grateful if you guys could clear it.

Is there any medical test conducted by CAE/Indigo after the interviews, before giving the LOI or not? And when do one has to pay the fees for TR to them?

Kindly reply..thanks in advance

SCPL
28th Jan 2012, 06:42
But do you think that final Interview results are out...so soon?
Please do share about how many people appeared and how many cleared, if any information available.

Thanking you.

hifi
28th Jan 2012, 09:41
We have not got the results of the interview yet. But am waiting anxiously for it. :p

Does anyone know if all the candidates will get an email for the result of the interview or just the ones selected?

PEC
28th Jan 2012, 10:18
Does anyone know if all the candidates will get an email for the result of the interview or just the ones selected?
Everybody who appears gets an email.

errordetector
28th Jan 2012, 10:22
The LOI hardcopy is sent around 10 to 15days after you clear the interview....A soft copy will be sent to your email either by sandra or parul.....There are no medical test before you get the LOI.......Congrats to all guys who cleared...

SCPL
28th Jan 2012, 11:39
Could you share your experience in detail about the interview plz.

dragstar
30th Jan 2012, 06:30
Any info on when is cae-indigo holding the next round of recruitment test?

aviator_0088
30th Jan 2012, 10:28
Congrats to everyone who's selected! All the best ahead.

Pls update us about the next assessment. Heard someone saying that its going to be in March. Could anyone kindly confirm? Tried contacting the CAE people, but no response. Any info would be appreciated.

alpha_victor_romeo
30th Jan 2012, 14:34
As posted by others the dates are there... I am also awaiting results just like everyone else... and don't mention about the post thats the least i can give back after taking all that information from this thread !!

Kickass_aviator
31st Jan 2012, 06:56
hey guys ...any idea as to when is the next assessment.?:bored: and congrats to those who cleared:)

alpha_victor_romeo
31st Jan 2012, 11:49
I just cleared my Indigo Personal Interview I am so Happy!!!

Thank you ALL

SCPL
31st Jan 2012, 12:18
If some one would be really kind enough to write the actual questions asked - ONLY TECHNICAL ones - of the final (panel) interview. Please.
Not the topics or subjects but the technical questions.

harsh786techy
31st Jan 2012, 18:05
Guys please do not stress about technical ques asked in the PI..
They generally end up asking you basic things and even if you do not know any just do not try and act smart, just say "I do not Know".

They stress on specially what kind of an Individual You Are.. There philosophy is that our company is good because we have good People working in here..

Just be yourself and Very Confident.

SCPL
1st Feb 2012, 02:35
Ok but still sommme questions technical atleast. please.

And also...about the HR questions to know what kind of individual we are....what tips would you give?
Because one thing I know they do not want aggressive, challenging, annoying, over smart, over confident people who know or act to know everything.
Few HR questions or answers would be appreciated plz.

cyrilroy21
1st Feb 2012, 02:57
@SCPL

I have a bunch of questions that were posted earlier in the thread . I am not sure if these are the current questions being asked and I am quite sure that the questions asked vary from individual to individual .
I would ask someone who's gone through the process recently for the current set of questions .
Anyway here you go....

Set 1
1.What do you know about Indigo ?
2-How did you get into flying?
3-How did you get to this point of your training?
4-What did you enjoy/dislike about your training?
5-Why do you want to work for Indigo ?
6-What can you contribute to Indigo ?
7-What positive skills can you contribute to Indigo ?
8-Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
9-What do you know about Indigo bases?
10-What do you know about Indigo roster?
11-What do you know about Indigo fleet size?
12-What are the three best things about you?
13-What is the negative side about you?
14 Tell us 10 good/bad things about you?
15 What makes a good/bad Captain/First Officer? Why
16 Have you flown with a demanding Captain? Give an Example
17 Any time a Captain or First Officer didn't agree with you?
18 Have you had someone to misinterpreting you? Give an Example
19 How did you prepare for this interview?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 2
1 Tell us about yourself.
2. What can you bring to this company?
3. Have you ever had an Emergency?
4. How did you deal with it?
5. How did you get started in Aviation?
6. Who have been your role model's, or who has had the most influence on you?
7. What goal's do you have?
8. What are some goal's that you had that were never achieved, and how did you deal with it?
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 year's?
10. What is your greatest accomplishment?
12. We see, your flying various type's of aircraft for different companies, how will you feel about coming to work here and just flying one type of aircraft. Will it become monotonous, boring?
13. We have a 5:30am show every morning, how do you feel about that?
14. The Capt. continues an approach beyond minimum's, he tell's you that he's shot this approach a 1,000 times, know's the area, and everything's fine. What will you do?
15. You find your Capt. drinking before a flight, how will you handle this?
16. You are talking to the Capt., and you smell alcohol. Although you didn't see him drinking, what would you do?
17. You smell smoke in the cockpit, what initial action should you take?
18. Then what do you do?
19. The Capt. tell's you the smoke is normal and it will clear itself, 15 minutes later the condition is growing worse. The Capt. gives you the same response.. now, what would you do?
20. The aircraft is loaded way beyond gross wt., the Capt. tell's you that he does this all the time, and the aircraft will fly. What do you do?
21. You have been cleared for take-off, upon getting airborne with the gear in the well's, what kind of conversation are you going to have with the Capt?
22. Your aviation career although progressing nicely is happening very slowly. How do you feel about this situation?
23. What are some of the limitations of your aircraft and yourself?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SET 3
1.On the descent, your captain drops below the glide slope. As FO. You bring it to his attention. He doesn’t respond to you or take corrective action. What should you do?
2.You’re the FO. Your Captain shows up with what seems to be the smell of liquor on his breath. What would you do? Why? Other options?
3.A thunderstorm is moving in and approaching the end of the runway. Your captain is continuing on the approach to the same runway. What would say/do? Why?
4.You’re at the hotel bar with your flight crew having drinks and its getting close to the 8 hour mark. Someone says lets have one more drink. What do you do?
5.How would you handle a situation where your captain didn’t seem to like you?
6.What would you do if your captain was performing nonstandard but not unsafe maneuvers?
7.There are heavy thunderstorms ahead and your captain wants to fly through them. What should you say to the captain?
8.You notice that your captain is not following the checklist. You bring it to his attention. He tells you he doesn’t need to follow it he knows it. What would you do? While in cruise, he starts reading a flight magazine. Should you say anything?
9.Under what circumstances do you feel an FO would be justified in taking control of the aircraft (in flight) away from the captain?
10.The manifest shows you’re 55 pounds overweight. You inform your captain. He tells you it’s okay to fly. What should you do?
11.If your captain showed up for your flight in a very bad mood, what would you do? Why?
12 . You find yourself flying with an arrogant Capt., and you have a real personality clash, how do you deal with this?
- During your training what was the easiest and Hardest part ? ( These are the question from VP Ops Capt Z that i fairly remember )
- How has aviation changed you as a person
- you are flying with an angry captain...how would you carry on the flight ?
- on the approach you are on short final unstablized and your capt asks for flaps and gear down ...what do you do .

alpha_victor_romeo
1st Feb 2012, 05:35
i remember this being posted by maverick somewhere did it get deleted earlier ??

hifly17
3rd Feb 2012, 05:31
can someone pls tell me how do i apply to indigo ? is it just that i send an application to [email protected] and then await a reply ? or is the procedure different in any way ? please advice . any more details will b helpful .
thanks .

PEC
3rd Feb 2012, 05:45
can someone pls tell me how do i apply to indigo ? is it just that i send an application to [email protected] and then await a reply ? or is the procedure different in any way ? please advice . any more details will b helpful .
thanks .

Go through the thread, you will know all there is to know about the process. Or go to IndiGo's website and check under the "Employment" section.

SCPL
3rd Feb 2012, 11:17
Guys please post any budget hotels or lodge near the interview venue..which you all know or any of your friends have stayed. Please.

The interview venue is: Gurgaon, Sector 29, Crowne Plaza hotel.

SCPL
4th Feb 2012, 11:06
Logbook OR any documents anything to be carried along for the final interview??
Do share.

errordetector
4th Feb 2012, 22:43
Carry all the documents....Its always safer to have everything......GD plays vital in showing your personality...Interview is simple but be careful about the personal questions...They should be sensible...best of luck...

werido1100
5th Feb 2012, 15:40
Anyone got the mail for 7th interview?

LieDetector
12th Feb 2012, 07:28
No, 4-5 cleared.

Any Idea when the next interview is?

PEC
12th Feb 2012, 07:38
No, 4-5 cleared
If you say so, or do I detect a lie?

Any Idea when the next interview is?
The 14th of this month.

The AeRoDOME
13th Feb 2012, 17:28
hi People.. is IR Current required to appear for Indigo's exam for freshers ?.

SuperflyTNT
13th Feb 2012, 19:54
@theaerodrome

Not required.

The AeRoDOME
14th Feb 2012, 08:18
@SuperflyTNT Thank you .

Any Clue when the next exam for Jr. Co-Pilots would be conducted by Indigo/CAE ?.

hawaijahaj
16th Feb 2012, 10:04
Same question - Approx date for the next assessment ??

acousticlag
17th Feb 2012, 08:59
I'll be really thankful if anyone could guide me how to get answers to Oxford Instrumentation. Thanks in advance. :)

St_Elmo
17th Feb 2012, 09:52
@ acousticlag
Pg 23 - 50 to 23 - 53 in the book!

superdunkaroos
17th Feb 2012, 12:36
A question to the guys who have cleared this CAE Indigo assessment and are now flying for Indigo.

After your type rating at CAE, how long does it take:
1)Before you get a call for Ground school?
2)You start flying as supernumerary?
3)Finally how long till you go online?

Thanks in advance

airbuscopilot
17th Feb 2012, 13:09
@SuperMan

After Type

1. Theres a Sim Check at bangalore. Mostly within 30-45 days of coming back

2. After Passing the Sim Test you start the Ground Classes which last for a month or so. Your start dates depends on when the last batch gets done.

3. After Ground Classes finish and you pass the Exam, You within max 15-20 days start with Supernumerary.

4. After Supernumerary, within a month u have a FAM flight where you get checked out by an examiner, on passing u start flying as Junior Co-Pilot.

so about 4-6 months from Type Rated to Online @ Indigo

flexiflyer
19th Feb 2012, 12:52
When is the next Indigo attempt???????:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

spoolkick
20th Feb 2012, 17:12
can anyone suggest me how to apply in indigo?
besides mailing them the resume. what else..
i am asking because, still many people don't get mail from them.
so, any trick or refrence required???

DeanWinchester
20th Feb 2012, 19:53
Hey, Could anyone please tell me how many people cleared in the January CAE attempt with interviews on 7th and 14th of February please.

Thanks