Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-9

Old 25th May 2019, 15:55
  #2141 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 275
Heard July they can start doing there thing. Probably all sorts of legal legally binding legal stuff.
Alteagod is offline  
Old 28th May 2019, 10:20
  #2142 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Age: 35
Posts: 23
Early to mid July at present cannot discuss any changes or plans even with Flybe
plane-driver is offline  
Old 28th May 2019, 11:09
  #2143 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Posts: 925
With COW stepping down on July 15th, I presume that is the same date as the sale?
toledoashley is online now  
Old 28th May 2019, 13:14
  #2144 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: London UK
Posts: 6,232
Originally Posted by toledoashley View Post
With COW stepping down on July 15th, I presume that is the same date as the sale?
Didn't seem to get covered previously

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/flybe-...-in-july-18150

WHBM is offline  
Old 28th May 2019, 13:26
  #2145 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Posts: 925
It was only announced this morning.
toledoashley is online now  
Old 28th May 2019, 18:38
  #2146 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 502
Does anyone know where the 11 E75's will be based come this winters schedule please? Cheers
stewyb is online now  
Old 28th May 2019, 19:49
  #2147 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by stewyb View Post
Does anyone know where the 11 E75's will be based come this winters schedule please? Cheers
​​​​​​ Birmingham and Manchester exclusively...
Jersey32D is offline  
Old 28th May 2019, 20:11
  #2148 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 502
Originally Posted by Jersey32D View Post
​​​​​​ Birmingham and Manchester exclusively...
Thanks Jersey32D, was hoping SOU might get a look in on some of the higher density routes
stewyb is online now  
Old 28th May 2019, 20:31
  #2149 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 55
Posts: 3,084
EJETS

Originally Posted by stewyb View Post
Does anyone know where the 11 E75's will be based come this winters schedule please? Cheers
It seems to vary and difficult to know how many are scheduled in service in any one time. Some sample checks: -

Monday in November I found 1 x 195 operating BHX - AMS and MXP then Tuesday and Wednesday just BHX-MXP and gone by Christmas. There are at least 4 x 175's at BHX (EDI, DUS, STR CDG) but sometimes 5 based in the period before Christmas and 5 at Manchester. This seems to carry on into the New Year and then appears to be 4 at MAN and 4 at BHX - all 175's.

BHX-CDG, AMS, STR & DUS first thing and MAN - CDG, CDG, SOU & DUS first thing in February

Certainly not a definitive list but the best I could do in a short space of time.

There is some very odd scheduling with Berlin not operating on a Monday which is beyond reason and not quite so odd Milan doesn't operate on a Thursday. Then of course some BHX based aircraft operate to Doncaster from Amsterdam and Belfast. The latter resulting in a BHD-BHX inbound at 08.05 on Monday and the next one 13.55, which for what is a predominantly inbound business market seems odd to say the least and thus surrendering most of the market to easyjet. Luckily for BHX U2 do have two morning inbound flights on a Monday which should cater for the usual demand. I really hope it is work in progress.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 28th May 2019, 21:13
  #2150 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 2,192
For those who haven't seen it, I posted the below on the CWL thread earlier.....

Originally Posted by Wycombe
Flybe online timetable appears to now be showing some flights from 27th Oct.....

EDI looks like 3 flights daily (weekdays) - first outbound at 0920
DUB looks like 3 daily (weekdays) - first outbound at 0700 (indicates a night-stopping aircraft?)
CDG daily departing at 0840 on weekdays
NCL daily departing at 1025 on weekdays (op by Eastern)
VLY looks to operate as today (op by Eastern)
BHD daily departing 1330 weekdays
ORK Tues and Thurs departing 1035
JER Mon, Weds, Fri departing at 1035
GLA nothing direct showing, neither for FAO, FCO, MUC, VCE, VRN or MXP

I may have missed a few, but I think this gives a good flavour of what can be expected.
To add to the above there will apparently be a GVA flight on Saturdays from the start of the ski-season in Dec.
Wycombe is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 06:54
  #2151 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: uk
Posts: 477
If that's all the cuts announced it looks like good news unless you are at Doncaster or were flying the 195. What leaves me wondering though is why was the airline loosing so much money that it was almost given away and this year offers a very similar timetable with some increases and only a few sunshine route gone? Which routes were massively loosing money last year that were dragging the whole airline down have been cut?
bb
bad bear is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 07:18
  #2152 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 3,638
If just a small number of routes were responsible for the bulk of the financial losses it would be easy to drop them - and I imagine that this would have been done already

I suspect instead that many many routes each lose a modest amount of money which combined gives a large financial loss. Furthermore the revenue on each route likely more than covers the direct operating cost (fuel, navigation, airport fees and taxes) making it financially better to operate than leave the aircraft on the ground - but doesn't cover the cost of things like aircraft leases and maintenance, marketing, head office, etc.

It is much harder to turn around an airline whose whole structure is loss making and which has relatively few obvious targets. The new management will undoubtedly find some things they consider surprising but they will have plenty of hard work to reshape Flybe into a profitable company
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 29th May 2019, 07:42
  #2153 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 609
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6 View Post
If just a small number of routes were responsible for the bulk of the financial losses it would be easy to drop them - and I imagine that this would have been done already

I suspect instead that many many routes each lose a modest amount of money which combined gives a large financial loss. Furthermore the revenue on each route likely more than covers the direct operating cost (fuel, navigation, airport fees and taxes) making it financially better to operate than leave the aircraft on the ground - but doesn't cover the cost of things like aircraft leases and maintenance, marketing, head office, etc.

It is much harder to turn around an airline whose whole structure is loss making and which has relatively few obvious targets. The new management will undoubtedly find some things they consider surprising but they will have plenty of hard work to reshape Flybe into a profitable company
Thank you, an excellent precis of the trouble Flybe is in..I`m sure we all wish the new management well in what will be a difficult task.
paully is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 17:36
  #2154 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: On the road
Posts: 703
Any runners and riders yet for COW's replacement? Internal or external?
TartinTon is online now  
Old 29th May 2019, 18:39
  #2155 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 3,638
Perhaps the new owners would regard existing Flybe senior management with a level of suspicion - quite reasonable given the financial mess - and want to ensure that the CEO is someone who the new owners know and trust ?

Flybe is in a bad way - and major changes to reshape the airline will be coming which needs someone with strong experience from a profitable aviation company and also to be seen as capable of being ruthless against an entrenched old guard. Putting fear of job losses into the hearts of existing staff may encourage people to raise their game a little

My guess is that some of the existing board of directors or senior management at Flybe may be shown the door fairly soon as part of a general shake-up - I think Saad did a clear-out shortly after he joined
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 29th May 2019, 20:10
  #2156 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: On the road
Posts: 703
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6 View Post
Perhaps the new owners would regard existing Flybe senior management with a level of suspicion - quite reasonable given the financial mess - and want to ensure that the CEO is someone who the new owners know and trust ?

Flybe is in a bad way - and major changes to reshape the airline will be coming which needs someone with strong experience from a profitable aviation company and also to be seen as capable of being ruthless against an entrenched old guard. Putting fear of job losses into the hearts of existing staff may encourage people to raise their game a little

My guess is that some of the existing board of directors or senior management at Flybe may be shown the door fairly soon as part of a general shake-up - I think Saad did a clear-out shortly after he joined
Willie Walsh it is then!
TartinTon is online now  
Old 6th Jun 2019, 08:57
  #2157 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 194
It appears Flybe is pulling out of the SAS deal two years early. Nordica will operate the ATRs on SAS behalf instead.
BA318 is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2019, 10:56
  #2158 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Up North
Posts: 23
It’s the other way round. SAS are exercising a clause in the contract, that the contract can be terminated when a change of ownership occurs.

I suspect Connect Air would also have gone the same way, if SAS hadn’t.
SpeedyProp is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2019, 15:03
  #2159 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 3,638
Has the CRJ flying for SAS been a reasonably good profit creator for Flybe ?
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 6th Jun 2019, 15:07
  #2160 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 813
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6 View Post
Has the CRJ flying for SAS been a reasonably good profit creator for Flybe ?
CRJ? Isn't that Cityjet?
PDXCWL45 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.