PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2019, 21:26
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
175's

Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
I'm sure I read somewhere that they have to keep those 7 for BHX and MAN to CDG as having jets on those routes is part of the deal with Air France otherwise they would've got rid of them all.
They could get away will just 3 to cover MAN & BHX - CDG and even operate Milan in between which is the only route where the Dash is not ideal. BHX already have Dash 8's at the weekend to CDG so not exclusively a jet operation. The 88 seat aircraft is not great on either BHX & MAN - CDG as the loads often warrant the 195 and CDG is not awash with spare slots so it is almost a waste.

As for the 175 routes today you can clearly see why they want rid of them, as it is just crazy - MAN-NOC, NQY, BHD, NTE, BHX-IOM, CWL- BHD, GLA, EDI and DUB, DSA - JER, NQY, BHD, DUB and if you want to be harsh BHX & MAN AMS & DUS are quite comfortable on the Dash, so is CWL-CDG and even BHX-STR & TXL are Dash 8's at times which basically leaves MAN-MXP and MAN CDG as ones where they needed to operate.

Now for the Dash 8 services -they seem to have kept out of the mainstream news but a dreadful 3 days at BHX with mass delays and over 20 sectors cancelled with EDI and BHD bearing the brunt with a Knock, Inverness and Jersey thrown in for good measure. Yesterday they did persevere with STR BHX landing 01.23, GLA-BHX- 00.53 and ABZ - BHX 00.29 (all today).

Some I believe were weather related but not all and some must have been a mix of crewing and tech with one 175 departing for its first flight today at 11am another operating one early flight then heading to Exeter today.

Pete