Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Jet2 Hold Pool

Old 1st Feb 2023, 18:01
  #381 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: aaa
Posts: 240
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RARA9 View Post
the online tests are pretty basic , from memory itís flying through a tunnel with shapes to avoid / an ATC listening thing / a multi action task (basic maths ) and the personality questions which they use the results from to generate questions for the interview .
might have been some other things but nothing that difficult
Thank you

Very much appreciated
SpamCanDriver is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 09:44
  #382 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plane-driver View Post
Unfortunately had my assessment as NTR FO back in October but have hardly heard anything since, I have about 2500 hours and currently with a Scottish regional however have decided to start pursuing other jobs as think this hold pool is more aimed at 2024 than anything more for 2023 possibly. Disappointed in the lack of comms after going too so much effort and cost for the assessment yet they are still advertising for more recruitment
I know many people in a similar situation. A call to say they've passed and then radio silence for months and months.

Their lack of comms to people is what's rather unfortunate. As you say it costs a fortune to go and attend these assessment days with hotels, fuel, flights all involved. It costs nothing to send an update email to those in the hold pool.
airspeed75 is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 15:55
  #383 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Not in UK
Posts: 71
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airspeed75 View Post
I know many people in a similar situation. A call to say they've passed and then radio silence for months and months.

Their lack of comms to people is what's rather unfortunate. As you say it costs a fortune to go and attend these assessment days with hotels, fuel, flights all involved. It costs nothing to send an update email to those in the hold pool.
Is it possibly because of base preference?
santacruz is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 18:07
  #384 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London
Posts: 254
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldnít think so, they pick the right candidate and asign base thatís best fit. If itís not your first choice they do well getting people to their preferred base.
mesh is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2023, 08:00
  #385 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Age: 39
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some communication would have been appreciated or updates about anticipated start dates, maybe too much to ask. Start date received now relatively quickly for British Airways and kept informed along the way shame didn’t work out
plane-driver is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2023, 11:31
  #386 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Not in UK
Posts: 71
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plane-driver View Post
Some communication would have been appreciated or updates about anticipated start dates, maybe too much to ask. Start date received now relatively quickly for British Airways and kept informed along the way shame didnít work out
mid you donít mind me asking what was your base preference?
santacruz is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2023, 14:08
  #387 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Age: 39
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX EMA or similar would have been first choices
plane-driver is offline  
Old 17th Feb 2023, 10:33
  #388 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently the ATO has to sign off on some paperwork before the thumbs up. Donít forget like every other airline, the internal comms will be sub par, they are massively recruiting, upgrades and have a military culture overload in many management areas, hence the snail pace. They will loose out on good folk going to BA/DHL/TUI
flyboy146 is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2023, 10:07
  #389 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: london
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have a Jet2 assessment coming up for DEC. Looking for feedback on group exercises, interview questions and sim. I would be grateful if you could PM me, or reply to this message.

Many Thanks,

FB
fastidious bob is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2023, 22:34
  #390 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Not in UK
Posts: 71
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At any of the recent assessments have they been saying how long it is until offer of employment? Presuming it will depend on fleet / base etc. Are they currently recruiting for the summer or is it more of a long term plan?
santacruz is offline  
Old 15th Mar 2023, 09:43
  #391 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone had any start dates lately, all seems to have gone rather quiet guessing with summer approaching.

Heard from another candidate they were told no capacity for anyone requiring base training but I havenít been told this personally. Not sure how long they expect people to keep swimming for, anyone else in the hold pool have any updates for FO positions?
Atrus600 is offline  
Old 15th Mar 2023, 23:23
  #392 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 299
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type rated Pilots will be prioritised due to being less training resource intensive at this critical time. Rated guys from last weeks assessments already have contracts and start dates for a June OCC.
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 18th Mar 2023, 06:48
  #393 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes completely understand that, good to hear they are still actively recruiting aswell. Just when you have applied for a role in June 2022 been through assessment and passed and now fast approaching a year down the line seems a bit of a waste of everyoneís time. Happy enough where I am for just now hopefully get a call over next few months 🙏 wonder how many waiting for start dates now and still advertising for more
Atrus600 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2023, 22:57
  #394 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone could share some feedback/pointers on the assessment day/757 sim profile it would be much appreciated. Whether on here or thorough PM. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.
Moonraker4 is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2023, 13:31
  #395 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moonraker4 View Post
If anyone could share some feedback/pointers on the assessment day/757 sim profile it would be much appreciated. Whether on here or thorough PM. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone.
sent dm good luck
Atrus600 is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2023, 20:48
  #396 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Atrus600 View Post
sent dm good luck
Hey Atrus, Iíve tried to send you a DM in reply but itís saying your inbox is full
Moonraker4 is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 08:45
  #397 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moonraker4 View Post
Hey Atrus, Iíve tried to send you a DM in reply but itís saying your inbox is full
nothing in my inbox so should be ok
Atrus600 is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 11:14
  #398 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 299
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe PPRuNe has a restriction for receiving PM, whereby you need to have made a certain number of posts prior to being able to. Donít know what that number is though.
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2023, 09:11
  #399 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,
Considering a Jet2 TR A321 SFO Application.
Ive lots of hours total and experienced on the 320. I have my own reasons for considering a move from my current employer and aware of the view gain command first then apply DEC 321. Iím considering all the angles and lifestyle choices rather than money driven.
Is there a DE SFO process? Can anyone elude to the Recruitment Process and Command Upgrade Process? With the predicted Airbus fleet expansion, subject to meeting the Command Upgrade requirements, what would the likely time to command be? Appreciate canít share official training manuals details on this forum but highlights would be useful to know.
Iím new to PPRuNe, and not sure if itís possible to DM rather than make it public here?

Can anyone ACTUALLY in Jet2, and in the know provide any useful info?

Cheers
RSQ3Black340 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2023, 18:28
  #400 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brexland
Posts: 214
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RSQ3Black340 View Post
Hi All,
Considering a Jet2 TR A321 SFO Application.
Ive lots of hours total and experienced on the 320. I have my own reasons for considering a move from my current employer and aware of the view gain command first then apply DEC 321. Iím considering all the angles and lifestyle choices rather than money driven.
Is there a DE SFO process? Can anyone elude to the Recruitment Process and Command Upgrade Process? With the predicted Airbus fleet expansion, subject to meeting the Command Upgrade requirements, what would the likely time to command be? Appreciate canít share official training manuals details on this forum but highlights would be useful to know.
Iím new to PPRuNe, and not sure if itís possible to DM rather than make it public here?

Can anyone ACTUALLY in Jet2, and in the know provide any useful info?

Cheers
There is no SFO application, you apply for FO and after 6 months post FLC you can apply for SFO. I'm not replaying 10 or 12 pages of info for you so go back and read the threads it's all there. If you want a particular Airbus base it's most likely Manchester or Birmingham only for next year as far as I'm aware.
Whitemonk Returns is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.