Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Jet2 Hold Pool

Old 15th May 2023, 06:58
  #421 (permalink)  
ser
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by annakm
Ive slipped in an application too. Also current with relevant hours/experience etc.
Anyone have any idea how long it took to get any follow up call?
FOs at my airline have heard back within 2-3 working days with potential interview dates. For captains, it seems to vary. This is for 737 rated.
ser is offline  
Old 16th May 2023, 09:50
  #422 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere
Age: 33
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recruitment for the summer now complete. Year round recruitment taking place for expansion, I'd assume targeting 320 rated folk. Rumours of a new Liverpool base being announced imminently.
marcus1290 is offline  
Old 16th May 2023, 13:56
  #423 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marcus1290
Recruitment for the summer now complete. Year round recruitment taking place for expansion, I'd assume targeting 320 rated folk. Rumours of a new Liverpool base being announced imminently.
Announced today.

https://www.jet2.com/news/2023/05/Je...Lennon_Airport
sdbelgium is offline  
Old 18th May 2023, 14:41
  #424 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 340
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any news on a future LGW base? Asking for a ‘friend’…
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 18th May 2023, 18:32
  #425 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: aaa
Posts: 262
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737 Jockey
Any news on a future LGW base? Asking for a ‘friend’…
Nothing official

But unofficially it's a done deal according to galley FM..... make of that what you will.
I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen though
SpamCanDriver is offline  
Old 18th May 2023, 18:35
  #426 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 340
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. My ‘friend’ will be pleased, but not holding my his breath… 😉
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 21st May 2023, 11:05
  #427 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s on the table with others apparently and another pay rise soon
mesh is offline  
Old 21st May 2023, 17:35
  #428 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mesh
It’s on the table with others apparently and another pay rise soon
another pay rise?
RARA9 is offline  
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:24
  #429 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: UK
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any news on STN base Airbus TR CAPT/FO? When will STN start getting neo?

“Asking for a friend as well”
852pilot is offline  
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:22
  #430 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 715
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 852pilot
Any news on STN base Airbus TR CAPT/FO? When will STN start getting neo?

“Asking for a friend as well”
They can't get the Airbus to MAN and BHX as quick as they were planning, so STN unlikely until the deliveries ramp up in 2024. And even then they'll likely want to focus on MAN where they really need the bigger aircraft due to the stand shortage.
Mr Good Cat is offline  
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:50
  #431 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: UK
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone struggled with comms from J2 recently? Informed I passed the assessment a couple weeks ago but had no phone call regarding base/contract since whereas I know some who got the contract the day after being told they passed. Sent an email last week but heard nothing back so just trying to get a feel for the avg turnaround time getting the contract.
Moonraker4 is online now  
Old 22nd May 2023, 19:57
  #432 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: UK
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Good Cat
They can't get the Airbus to MAN and BHX as quick as they were planning, so STN unlikely until the deliveries ramp up in 2024. And even then they'll likely want to focus on MAN where they really need the bigger aircraft due to the stand shortage.
thanks 👍
852pilot is offline  
Old 23rd May 2023, 12:46
  #433 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Under a gooseberry bush
Posts: 73
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr Good Cat
Unless he’s got a history, then I’d say he can expect a call. Experienced AND rated.
You were right. Call received last week and invite to SIM assessment.
BWSBoy6 is offline  
Old 24th May 2023, 06:44
  #434 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don’t think it’s anything to worry about usually the ones that take a couple of weeks is training etc sorting out places on courses etc they should respond to you email might just take few days, oh to be rated! Congratulations passing!

Originally Posted by Moonraker4
Anyone struggled with comms from J2 recently? Informed I passed the assessment a couple weeks ago but had no phone call regarding base/contract since whereas I know some who got the contract the day after being told they passed. Sent an email last week but heard nothing back so just trying to get a feel for the avg turnaround time getting the contract.
Atrus600 is offline  
Old 27th May 2023, 20:24
  #435 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: F410
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the typical variable pay per year at jet2?
monkey.tennis is offline  
Old 27th Jun 2023, 09:05
  #436 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like new recruitment campaign to be launched anyone NTR had any movement lately?
Atrus600 is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2023, 17:19
  #437 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at the figures on PPJN, Jet2 seem to be blowing the likes of easyJet/Ryanair/BA EF out of the water on pay. Approaching legacy carrier pay levels for SFOs. Is anyone within the airline concerned as to the sustainability of this going forward? An ex colleague there has spoken about another payrise coming at the end of the summer in order to attract airbus talent away from easyJet at MAN.
go-around flap 15 is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2023, 18:08
  #438 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 340
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I’d be more concerned if I was (had the misfortune) to be a Ryanair U.K. manager, looking at the amount of RYR 737 drivers Jet2 are hoovering up at the moment. I think Jet2 have been quick off the mark to spot the shortage of qualified/experienced Pilots that are both licenced, and have the right to live/work in the U.K. given the expansion plans, and the recruitment at many other U.K. carriers. IMHO, Jet2 will need a better, probably fixed roster to attract significant numbers of easyJet pilots away from Planet Orange, as the financial package is pretty similar between the two.
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2023, 20:52
  #439 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by go-around flap 15
Looking at the figures on PPJN, Jet2 seem to be blowing the likes of easyJet/Ryanair/BA EF out of the water on pay. Approaching legacy carrier pay levels for SFOs. Is anyone within the airline concerned as to the sustainability of this going forward? An ex colleague there has spoken about another payrise coming at the end of the summer in order to attract airbus talent away from easyJet at MAN.
heard rumours of a further 4% rise in the Autumn. Not concerned at all , have a huge amount of faith in the leadership team at Jet2 . Probably the best bunch I have seen in an airline ! The results clearly speak for themselves
RARA9 is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2023, 08:24
  #440 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: AUS
Posts: 137
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The more pay rises J2 give out the better it is for the rest of us too! RYR are being left far, far behind in the U.K. and the likes of BA VA are going to have to increase their package to stay ahead of J2.
ToCatLady is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.