Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

Best Electronic Pilot Logbook

Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

Best Electronic Pilot Logbook

Old 3rd Apr 2019, 06:10
  #81 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The wrong time zone...
Posts: 646
Appears to be finally available for download...
josephfeatherweight is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 06:53
  #82 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holding over GIPOL
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by josephfeatherweight View Post
Appears to be finally available for download...
It is... but very little changes if compared to MCC Pilotlog. not worth paying to change... Probably better to keep running on the previous version.
oz_faf81 is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 09:37
  #83 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 398
Thanks for news and feedback, keep it coming!

The main question regarding the old version is whether and for how long the cloud/synch-function will be available. They may just pull the plug in a couple of years.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 09:39
  #84 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 34
Yep, keep running the old one till it dies
unusual_cheetah is online now  
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 11:08
  #85 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 421
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
Thanks for news and feedback, keep it coming!

The main question regarding the old version is whether and for how long the cloud/synch-function will be available. They may just pull the plug in a couple of years.
Thats what I suspect they will do. I don't bother keeping a logbook each day anymore. Just log into AIMS whenever I remember and download it to the PC. Then just go through and edit the flights for PF/PM. No doubt in the not to distant future they will push through something that will brick the pc versions ability to sync with AIMS.
MCDU2 is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 18:24
  #86 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 398
My issue is that I work in GA and we easily perform something between 10 to 20 flights within 6 days and as we have no flight-schedule we need to enter each and every flight manually.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 19:12
  #87 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: FL350
Age: 33
Posts: 171
Pilot logbook by FlyGo seems to be a good one. Recently found it.
Ilyushin76 is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2019, 06:57
  #88 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 162
What a poor copy/paste job this "new" software is. Slightly redesigned images for the buttons and a different splash screen and that is about it. Quick cash grab for sure, instead of supporting customers with the long promised update for mccPilotlog.

I will use the old version until they decide to pull the plug to grab some more cash, and at that point I will switch to anything but "Crewlounge Pilotlog". They have proven themselves useless in my support request and now also untrustworthy in ways of doing business.

I still have a strong suspicion the actual initial developers have left the building a long time ago and it is now just being run by a marketing team and a handful of amateur programmers that know just enough to replace logos and buttons and enable 64-bit compiling.
Intrance is online now  
Old 6th Apr 2019, 07:36
  #89 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 398
I will stick to the old version, too. Just make frequent backups
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2019, 08:29
  #90 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14
So Iím really glad that I have found this forum. I initially decided on MCC pilot log because it was the best app and desktop program for android, iOS and Mac (I was an android and windows user at the time). I feel that MCC has been going downhill for sometime. Extremely complex. After switching from windows to Mac Iíve had more and more issues. After reading all the hype around ďCrewlounge Pilot logĒ I was quite disappointed. I paid the 3 year subscription to migrate from MCC pilot log and the new desktop software on Mac is almost exactly the same with more bugs than MCC pilotlog. After exporting/converting from version 4 to 5 all my flying hours were there on the computer but after the sync with the mobile device, 100s of hours are missing. Iíve been with MCC sin 2015. When I started I always had great support and personal responses. Lately I feel itís very much copy and paste email responses.

Now that Iíve repaid for a logbook that I already paid for I would love to get my moneys worth but itís becoming a headache. Considering cutting my losses that ive switched to apple.

Has anyone converted from MCC to Logten Pro?
Strait Shooter is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2019, 12:43
  #91 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 411
I have used mccPilotlog for years as an ENT user - it was a great logbook application. So I went ahead only because they offered lifetime for existing users and I want to ensure the cross-functionality between mobile app and laptop and cloud database integrity in the future looking ahead. If you are not using ENT functionality, there is probably no reason to invest in the new version at present.

I found the porting of the database is NOT completely flawless - the remarks column did not get ported and special character letters (like š, Ų or Ł in German language) were displayed as ASCII characters - so I had to manually edit those Names in the pilot list to display correctly.
My Query list has ported over, but it is impossible to create and add a new query to the existing list - by trying to add a criterion to a new query caused an error message pop-up. Bugs have been reported - waiting for the fixes. .

As has been mentioned here, nothing has really changed, except that you can add a few more fields of data. It seems like they are focussed very much on the interfacing of Airline Crew Portals - which is not interesting for me as a Biz-Av pilot - so it is pretty much a useless feature for me.

So far the upgrade has added zero value - I will also post in this thread again, if that changes and keep you guys considering an update informed. The upgrade lifetime offer for existing users is a limited time offer, so that is something to consider - otherwise and if it is just about the electronic logbook functionality, I would stick to the old MCC for now.
Propellerpilot is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2019, 12:52
  #92 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 398
Thanks for the feedback!
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2019, 14:02
  #93 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
So Iím really glad that I have found this forum. I initially decided on MCC pilot log because it was the best app and desktop program for android, iOS and Mac (I was an android and windows user at the time). I feel that MCC has been going downhill for sometime. Extremely complex. After switching from windows to Mac Iíve had more and more issues. After reading all the hype around ďCrewlounge Pilot logĒ I was quite disappointed. I paid the 3 year subscription to migrate from MCC pilot log and the new desktop software on Mac is almost exactly the same with more bugs than MCC pilotlog. After exporting/converting from version 4 to 5 all my flying hours were there on the computer but after the sync with the mobile device, 100s of hours are missing. Iíve been with MCC sin 2015. When I started I always had great support and personal responses. Lately I feel itís very much copy and paste email responses.

Now that Iíve repaid for a logbook that I already paid for I would love to get my moneys worth but itís becoming a headache. Considering cutting my losses that ive switched to apple.

Has anyone converted from MCC to Logten Pro?
I am in the middle of switching from MCC to LogTen as like you I have had major issues with the new version of MCC.

It takes some getting used to compared to MCC but so far so good, I am still in the trial (up to 250 hours logged) but you can import all of your data from MCC then export it again once you know its correct in the LogTen format and still have the trial running which is handy.

The apps are much better on iOS compared to MCC too, I downloaded the new and 'improved' CrewLounge app and it was worse!
unusual_cheetah is online now  
Old 6th Apr 2019, 19:21
  #94 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by unusual_cheetah View Post
I am in the middle of switching from MCC to LogTen as like you I have had major issues with the new version of MCC.

It takes some getting used to compared to MCC but so far so good, I am still in the trial (up to 250 hours logged) but you can import all of your data from MCC then export it again once you know its correct in the LogTen format and still have the trial running which is handy.

The apps are much better on iOS compared to MCC too, I downloaded the new and 'improved' CrewLounge app and it was worse!

Did you pay for the 3 year subscription? I wonder if I can get my money back? Logten does cost a fair bit.

I also had the ENT version. MCC says on their website that they have made all the changes and there are over 500 changes made to MCC and Crew lounge will be a better experience. Sticking with MCC is not a solution as they will stop updating it as mentioned on the website. Crewlounge is pretty useless on a Mac desktop. If you are a windows user I guess you donít have the option to move to Logten. I definitely predict most apple users will ditch MCC/Crew lounge.
Strait Shooter is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2019, 19:39
  #95 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post



Did you pay for the 3 year subscription? I wonder if I can get my money back? Logten does cost a fair bit.

I also had the ENT version. MCC says on their website that they have made all the changes and there are over 500 changes made to MCC and Crew lounge will be a better experience. Sticking with MCC is not a solution as they will stop updating it as mentioned on the website. Crewlounge is pretty useless on a Mac desktop. If you are a windows user I guess you donít have the option to move to Logten. I definitely predict most apple users will ditch MCC/Crew lounge.
I haven't paid it as I wanted to see what it was like before purchasing

Im sure they should be able to refund you
unusual_cheetah is online now  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 15:45
  #96 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 11
The new Pilotlog has thousands of bugs / issues; it's pretty crazy they released such an unfinished version.
It is a real headache to log new flights without any problems.

I will certainly ask for a refund if they are not able to fix all this very quickly...
Phalare is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 16:59
  #97 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Phalare View Post
The new Pilotlog has thousands of bugs / issues; it's pretty crazy they released such an unfinished version.
It is a real headache to log new flights without any problems.

I will certainly ask for a refund if they are not able to fix all this very quickly...
I never wanted to buy Logten pro because of the price and long term financial cost but I just bit the bullet and bought it last night. Was quite a challenge to export and import the csv file and get the selections correct but itís really worth the money. Seamless and super user friendly. (Iíll still be watching all the tutorials and reading the the user guides though). The user guide for Crew Lounge has not even been updated to match new software. Itís still the old MCC user manual with a new front page.

Crew Lounge (MCC pilot log) is at the point that it is unusable on a Mac and iPhone. Simple functions donít work.

Ill have my refund processed in a few days.
Strait Shooter is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 17:38
  #98 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post


I never wanted to buy Logten pro because of the price and long term financial cost but I just bit the bullet and bought it last night. Was quite a challenge to export and import the csv file and get the selections correct but itís really worth the money. Seamless and super user friendly. (Iíll still be watching all the tutorials and reading the the user guides though). The user guide for Crew Lounge has not even been updated to match new software. Itís still the old MCC user manual with a new front page.

Crew Lounge (MCC pilot log) is at the point that it is unusable on a Mac and iPhone. Simple functions donít work.

Ill have my refund processed in a few days.
I was the same, it takes time to get it setup, but its 100% worth it
unusual_cheetah is online now  
Old 9th Apr 2019, 08:03
  #99 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here, there, everywhere
Posts: 251
After being a long time supporter and recommender of MCC, I'm a bit stunned by the latest development. Someone has it right when they say this is just a cash grab. Shameful when the big selling feature of MCC was a single one-off price and continuous updates.

Shame, it was a good, if clunky, product.

Where am I going next? Logten Pro?
Love_joy is offline  
Old 9th Apr 2019, 08:17
  #100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Love_joy View Post
After being a long time supporter and recommender of MCC, I'm a bit stunned by the latest development. Someone has it right when they say this is just a cash grab. Shameful when the big selling feature of MCC was a single one-off price and continuous updates.

Shame, it was a good, if clunky, product.

Where am I going next? Logten Pro?
just jumped. Taking hours to sort it out but I can definitely see what Iím paying for
Strait Shooter is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.