Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

Best Electronic Pilot Logbook

Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

Best Electronic Pilot Logbook

Old 4th Jan 2019, 21:06
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 366
Originally Posted by Phalare View Post
I am also looking at mccPilotlog, but I am a bit struggling with the import process. If you figure out an easy way of doing it.. (I have many errors so far when I import my data from Flylogio..)
You may want to contact the people at mccPilotlog, they are helpful and will be happy to assist you, I guess.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2019, 09:34
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: earth
Posts: 464
Been using Skylog Pro for over 10 years, I am very happy with it. One off purchase of £59.90. No other charges after. Every few weeks I back up my logbook and email it to myself. Simple, quick and efficient. very good customer service.
ford cortina is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 07:17
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Phalare View Post
Hey Lucky Lee,
I am in the same case, I've been using Flylogio for a while and really disappointed about their new price...108 euros per year ?! This is really not worth it, even though I really liked it so far. What a shame. A fixed subscription could be interesting but not such a monthly price..
I am also looking at mccPilotlog, but I am a bit struggling with the import process. If you figure out an easy way of doing it.. (I have many errors so far when I import my data from Flylogio..)
That's what ticked me off too. If it had been 5Ä a month then I could live with it, but 9Ä is just to much. I actually wrote this to them, and got a reply that they would take it in to consideration, but they also argued that LogTen Pro still was more expensive, since their full packed place them at 113 Ä a year.
About the transfer of hours, you need to export your hours from Flylogio, and then use converter from mccPilotlog homepage to get it converted to their format. I would post you the link, but I haven't made enough posts yet on this forum
They say it takes about 8 days, but they have automated the process so it only took about 8 min. The transfer is then just a matter of following their guide in the program.
It wont transfer stuff like type of approach and simulators, and you will probably have to fix the aircraft's as well.
Right now I am running the free version of mccPilotlog, and I have to admit that I like Flylogios setup more. A lot of the stuff I am missing, will probably be fixed once I buy their full setup, but I still find the Flylogio setup more smooth and easy to use.
Lucky_lee is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 15:07
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 143
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
You may want to contact the people at mccPilotlog, they are helpful and will be happy to assist you, I guess.
Can not exactly share that sentiment. While I've been using mccPilotlog for years and have had almost no issues, I recently had to deal with their support and it was a pain. The software would not launch on multiple freshly installed Windows systems. Included in my first support request were error logs, an educated guess from my side and plenty of information. I had to go through about 6 cycles of completely unrelated questions, and just gave up when they wanted to set up a Teamviewer session because I knew it would be pretty hopeless.

If even one person who actually works with or on the software had taken a look at the error logs I sent the problem would have been solved in a single email. Instead I have to deal with incompetent support.

The issue turned out to be localization, the software didn't seem to recognize a Windows language setting that was different from EN-US, even though the system language itself was full English etc. Super easy fix for them to implement in the software, but due to their kind of hopeless support it probably won't be fixed anytime soon. Because even explaining the issue to them after I solved it, they still didn't understand. There was also supposed to be a new version (5.0) out at the end of 2017 but not a word about it in all of 2018. It feels to me like the actual developers are not in the house anymore and it's only given very basic updates.

So, while the software works, and works well for now, I'm not all that hopeful about continued support myself. Just something to think about for people still looking for the best solution.
Intrance is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 16:29
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Lucky_lee View Post
That's what ticked me off too. If it had been 5Ä a month then I could live with it, but 9Ä is just to much. I actually wrote this to them, and got a reply that they would take it in to consideration, but they also argued that LogTen Pro still was more expensive, since their full packed place them at 113 Ä a year.
About the transfer of hours, you need to export your hours from Flylogio, and then use converter from mccPilotlog homepage to get it converted to their format. I would post you the link, but I haven't made enough posts yet on this forum
They say it takes about 8 days, but they have automated the process so it only took about 8 min. The transfer is then just a matter of following their guide in the program.
It wont transfer stuff like type of approach and simulators, and you will probably have to fix the aircraft's as well.
Right now I am running the free version of mccPilotlog, and I have to admit that I like Flylogios setup more. A lot of the stuff I am missing, will probably be fixed once I buy their full setup, but I still find the Flylogio setup more smooth and easy to use.
Thanks Lucky_lee ! I have done it a few days ago, and although it took me some annoying hours to get the right figures, the transfer is now done.
Indeed, I lost the type of approaches but I can live with it..
So far I'm pretty happy about Mcc, it looks more professional and there are a lot of interesting options if you buy the PRO version. Only drawback so far is the design which looks extremely old and the fact that it takes some time to understand how everything works.
Phalare is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 18:45
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAW
Age: 29
Posts: 12
Is there any reason to not use excel?
eeeaddict is offline  
Old 25th Jan 2019, 11:17
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The World
Posts: 1,216
Originally Posted by eeeaddict View Post
Is there any reason to not use excel?
Doesn't impress the miniskirt bikini top?
ChickenHouse is offline  
Old 25th Jan 2019, 13:09
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 695
Originally Posted by Phalare View Post
Thanks Lucky_lee ! I have done it a few days ago, and although it took me some annoying hours to get the right figures, the transfer is now done.
Indeed, I lost the type of approaches but I can live with it..
So far I'm pretty happy about Mcc, it looks more professional and there are a lot of interesting options if you buy the PRO version. Only drawback so far is the design which looks extremely old and the fact that it takes some time to understand how everything works.
They should release v5 in February so maybe there will be a refresh of the layout as well.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2019, 21:44
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: EASA side of the globe
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
They should release v5 in February so maybe there will be a refresh of the layout as well.
thats what they said a year ago, weíll see
Son of a Beech is offline  
Old 27th Jan 2019, 18:15
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 143
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
They should release v5 in February so maybe there will be a refresh of the layout as well.
The version 5.0 was supposed to be released end of 2017 already... don't hold your breath.
Intrance is offline  
Old 27th Jan 2019, 19:57
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 695
During my last exchange with them they even told me the week. Third week of February.

Now one can only hope...
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 09:07
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 143
Yeah, I'll go with the tried and true "seeing it before believing it" in this case :P. So let's wait and see indeed.
Intrance is offline  
Old 31st Jan 2019, 13:17
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Poland
Posts: 10
Also using mccPilotlog. Happy with this.
Are Electronic Pilot Logbooks acceptable from companies? In case someone has missed the paperbook?
obelix360 is offline  
Old 31st Jan 2019, 14:36
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 695
Ryanair don't accept electronic logbooks. At least this is what they have written in their briefing pack. I guess they actually mean electronic format so you can print it, but don't quote me on this.

Banana Joe is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2019, 02:15
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: EASA side of the globe
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by obelix360 View Post
Also using mccPilotlog. Happy with this.
Are Electronic Pilot Logbooks acceptable from companies? In case someone has missed the paperbook?
They are acceptable to the French, and Dutch CAA and some minor companies I flew for.

Back in 2004 Netjets didnít approve it. So I spend two days writing in my flights in a paper logbook. When I asked the why they wanted paper they said because it was less likely to be fraudulent. I thought that without problems I could have been writing in 300 hrs space shuttle with 3 lunar landings and they wouldnít have known the difference, but obviously didnít point this out on my interview. My ďoriginalĒ paper copy logbooks where approved. But I stop writing again after that. Itís the new millennium, if itís good enough for the CAA, itís good enough for me.

BTW, using MCCflightlog because of its capability to cynchronise with the company so like a true lazy pilot I donít have to do it myself. Now only waiting for the new app so I donít have to syncs via my laptop anymore.
Son of a Beech is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 20:38
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: here
Posts: 1
Flightlog

Airline FlightLog is a new app (both iOS and Android), with tons of tools for pilots. Easy to use, if you can import your roster directly, and the app can fill the flight times automatically for you... (and it's 100% FREE !)
gatelli is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2019, 16:40
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: To
Posts: 211
Well, strike MCC pilot log, cause after selling it as a lifetime subscription they now also want to get paid per month. So much for free for life
pilot dude is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2019, 18:45
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 366
Since when is that? Their homepage still says
And yes, the price is affordable. We do not run a subscription plan. We have 3 editions with one-time fee for life-time use. The basic STD Edition is even FREE.
Maybe this information is outdated, but so far I have not had any e-mail from them telling me about a change of plan.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2019, 08:20
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: To
Posts: 211
Thatís because they changed the name of the company

https://crewlounge.aero/
pilot dude is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2019, 13:33
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 366
Oh no! Thanks for the information then. For the time being, my service still works without problems. I got the Enterprise Edition, though.
EatMyShorts! is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.