PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2019, 12:43
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have used mccPilotlog for years as an ENT user - it was a great logbook application. So I went ahead only because they offered lifetime for existing users and I want to ensure the cross-functionality between mobile app and laptop and cloud database integrity in the future looking ahead. If you are not using ENT functionality, there is probably no reason to invest in the new version at present.

I found the porting of the database is NOT completely flawless - the remarks column did not get ported and special character letters (like ä, ö or ü in German language) were displayed as ASCII characters - so I had to manually edit those Names in the pilot list to display correctly.
My Query list has ported over, but it is impossible to create and add a new query to the existing list - by trying to add a criterion to a new query caused an error message pop-up. Bugs have been reported - waiting for the fixes. .

As has been mentioned here, nothing has really changed, except that you can add a few more fields of data. It seems like they are focussed very much on the interfacing of Airline Crew Portals - which is not interesting for me as a Biz-Av pilot - so it is pretty much a useless feature for me.

So far the upgrade has added zero value - I will also post in this thread again, if that changes and keep you guys considering an update informed. The upgrade lifetime offer for existing users is a limited time offer, so that is something to consider - otherwise and if it is just about the electronic logbook functionality, I would stick to the old MCC for now.